3.1/5 (385 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2021

After 6 long yrs it's finally off my credit report.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Fraud alert. Before moving back NJ in 2015. I kept getting Bills from Fingerhut for a tablet. So after the 6th bill I finally call them. I tell them it wasn't me who ordered. They didn't wanna fix issue. Now it's on my credit report and they will never remove it. They said the person that ordered used my ssn. So coz of that they say I'm responsible to pay even though I didn't order anything and never received anything from them. They said I would have had to file a police report in VA where it happened. But by that time I was already in NJ.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Fingerhut is OK if you have terrible credit, but even then, there has to be better choices than buying from them. The products are 3 or 4 times what you would pay retail for and the goods are all bottom of the line products. I've ordered a couple of things from them and paid them off promptly. They do report your payment history to the credit bureaus.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Their products are cheap quality and they prey upon those who have less than perfect credit with garbage overpriced products. There are far too many other options to choose from than Fingerhut. Between the cheap products that fall apart or their interest they are a horrible company. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: June 7, 2020

I placed an order for My pillow Mattress topper the second week in April 2020. I was told that the item is on backorder and I would have to wait until June 8 for the shipping date. Then on June 6, 2020 I just happen to check email to find out that I got an email from the company stating they are sorry but they have to reschedule my order, I got so upset, here it is after waiting a month for the mattress topper, to get an email two days before the delivery date to be told to wait another month which I felt that was poor customer service also bad business. So I immediately called and asked to cancel the order also cancel my account. I will not recommend this company to anyone not even my worst enemy... BAD BUSINESS.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Fingerhut is HORRIBLE! I was lucky enough to paid off my balance, just before the pandemic. Now without a job for month. They have send me a letter trying to force me to buy something saying if I don't buy something they are going to reducing my credit limit by almost 3000, affecting my credit rating. This is EXTORTION!

Original review: May 26, 2020

Stay away from this company, they give you temporary increase in credit and demand you use it or they take it away before the allotted time you have and it lowers your credit scores!!! I hate this company!!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

The chair came apart on me and I only weigh 140. One of the medal pieces broke right off sending me to the floor. Cheaply made and would never recommend the furniture to anyone. If I could include a picture I would.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We are in a pandemic. Millions of people have lost income. I've asked for leniency and patience from Fingerhut, as I've lost a good portion of my income. Out of 8 creditors, they are the only ones reporting late payments to the credit bureaus. Good job Fingerhut!

Original review: May 12, 2020

I have been with Fingerhut for several years now! I have had issues after issues with a lot of the merchandise purchased. From furniture, bedding, jewelry, clothing. I have even thrown away defective merchandise after purchasing! Their return policy is not realistic not to mention merchandise that I have purchased is cheaply made! So! No! I would not recommend this company at all. I just closed my account as of today! I will not continue to do business with a company that cares less about their customers And resolving issues!

Original review: May 11, 2020

I would have given a negative star if I could. I have sent emails since the 4th of May to report I have not received my order. I have not heard back from anyone. I sent another email no response. I logged into my account only to find that Fingerhut has been sending my orders to an address I have not lived at in almost 5 years, even though I have received orders where I am currently living last MONTH.

The representative "BARB" was fake, dismissive, and was more interested in getting me off the phone than helping. I asked for a supervisor 5 minutes into the conversation after I realized that she was useless, and it took her 35 minutes to transfer me to a supervisor, "Brenda", voice mail. I asked for a corporate number I was denied that. I was told by BARB to look it up. So I did 800-603-7052, but you can't get anyone on the phone. I did find out that the company's owner BLUE STEM filed for bankruptcy and the only number to contact anyone is customer service... which is USELESS.

The company's computer system changed my shipping address after I updated it.... again. Now I am being told basically I have to figure it out with UPS, and they have to do an investigation to find the shipped merchandise. I fail to see how this is my PROBLEM. They are refusing to resend my merchandise or issue a refund till they get their act together.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Problem: I ordered a $1200 tv. It was sent on a 1 star carrier and arrived late and broken from another carrier the 1 star carrier subcontracted. I asked for a replacement to be sent out immediately (while they arranged to receive this one back) since I had already waited 2 weeks for the broken tv. They refuse to do that because I am a new customer. They asked me to send the tv back in the same 1 star carrier, wait 10 days for processing, and another couple weeks for a new tv to ship by the same 1 star carrier if the claim is “approved”. That puts me at 2 months wait for a $1200 tv. They can’t even process a refund until they receive the tv back and “approve” the claim.

I have been on the phone with them 3+ hours trying to talk to someone who can resolve the issue. I even offered to pay the difference in shipping for a reputable carrier and expedited delivery. They will not offer anything and have made it clear that my situation is irrelevant to them. I paid $550 cash and financed $600 at 24% interest compounded monthly...and they refuse to replace this merchandise in an efficient and timely manner. I was told, in a condescending manner in severely broken English that sadly if I wasn’t a new customer they possibly could expedite something. Guess if I had let them screw me a couple times already and still came back for more maybe I’d be more relevant.

Original review: May 8, 2020

This is the worst company I’ve ever done business with. I ordered a pro-form treadmill from Fingerhut on 3/18/2020. The process was quick and my treadmill arrived 3/26/2020. I put the treadmill together and once I took the cover off of the display console screen I noticed it was broken. I quickly called fingerhut and a representative informed me that I would receive a new display console in 7 business days. I called back on 4/23/2020 to see why I haven’t received anything. Talked to representatives.

The First Lady informed me that I couldn’t get another one because the treadmill was discontinued.. Wow right and was told I could ship the treadmill back (at me own expense which is $110) and they’ll refund me. Now at this point I’ve already paid them over $700 and only had a $50 balance.. I express how BIG of a inconvenience that is to me that a company sent me a broken item, was dishonest about sending me a replacement item and now is telling me to ship it back with my own money is completely wrong and all she offered was credit and gift card which I informed her I didn’t want because I wouldn’t be doing business with this company again. Somehow the phone disconnect and that happen with several other reps which was frustrating.

Now I know customers can be rude and aggressive but I am not one of those customers. I called back 4/27/2020 I called and spoke to two different reps and had the same thing both time which was clearly not a coincidence I decided to called back and ask to speak to a manager without giving any information but my name. After being hold for only god knows how long I was able to explain to a manager the situation. She completely understood my frustration including the fact that I paid them over $700 before my first payment was even due and she told me I would be receiving a call from the shipping company within 3-5 business days.

When I asked for a email confirmation I was told they don’t send those which was odd. I said ok. She thanked me for my patience and that was that. It’s now 5/08/2020 I’ve received no call from the shipping company and when I called fingerhut to speak to a manager. I was told they will follow up with shipping company and give me a call which at this point I don’t believe them. You have 60 days from the moment you purchase your item to return it to get a refund and this feels like they’re just pushing it off until then. Do not spend your money with this company.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have been a customer of this company for 5 years with a flawless payment record... Just recently I have run into financial issues due to COVID 19 and contacted Fingerhut about my payment options and how I can keep my account in good standing. I get a b.s. response that "at this time we cannot offer any solution". That I should continue to pay my monthly amount, even if it is late they would see to it that no late fee is charged or negative action is reported. Well... let me tell you, I have been charged late fees and like the condescending, lying, usury promoting bastards they are, they have jacked up my credit info. Unfreakinbelievable!! So much for customer loyalty and when I tried to seek out some type of help or resolve, I got complete outsourced a-holes who have no clue on helping or even knowing 'how' to help you. Their idea of remedy was for me to file a "dispute" with the credit bureau.

I am beyond livid and working on closing this scam of an account and finish paying off what the hell I owe. And yes I did get this Fingerhut account to help jump-start my credit after an unfortunate foreclosure due to divorce, I worked hard to keep things leveled and paid on time and NOW, my credit score is jacked up thanks to these nimrods. ALL of my other creditors were merciful and gave me a 2 month respite on monthly payments. (Comenity Bank and Synchrony) Not Fingerhut, the bloodsucking, money ghoul.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I ordered a lawn mower but received a bbq grill. So I called them and this woman tells me, "If you don't like it too bad," and hangs up. Then I call for corporate office number and they can't give it out. I take care of 2 veterans so I need the lawnmower as they have rattle snake on their farm.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I ordered a kitchen table and chairs. Cost around $500. Table was damaged upon delivery plus had a manufacture defect. In addition the set went on sale 2 weeks later for about $200 less. Fingerhut does NOT price match their own stuff. I can't return the table because the packaging was ruined. Items can only be returned in their original packaging. I'm now stuck with the damaged kitchen table set and paying full price for it. I'm NEVER ordering from them again. I will be closing my account with them as soon as the bill is paid off.

I'm a good customer, I've ordered a lot of stuff and always pay on time. I got ripped off in return. BUYER BEWARE. This is the worse customer service I've ever received from a company that my parents have used for years. Very sad. FINGERHUT DOESN'T NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS OR CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS! THEY TOOK ME FOR ABOUT $500. They helped my credit but ripped me off bad.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Recently I was emailed and sent mail regarding my credit account with Fingerhut. I’ve had this account a few years now, opened it to build my troubled credit. I’ve kept my account in good standing and paid in full for some time now. The emails and letter stated that since I haven’t charged anything recently, they gave me a deadline or are going to reduce my credit and ultimately will affect my credit score negatively. I was really put off that I had received this communication especially since we are experiencing a serious pandemic and not many people are currently working.

I did send an email to Fingerhut expressing my feelings regarding this. It’s not easy rebuilding credit when it’s been destroyed and when your in good standing, it’s really poor business to punish your consumers for not charging their account especially for NON essentials during this time of economic hardship. I will say once I’m in a better position I will cancel my account and advise everyone I know to stay away from this company. Completely disgusted with my experience and I hope this helps ours stay away. Wayfair is a much better company same set up, better prices.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I recently made a payment to my Fingerhut card $35.00. I checked my account. There was a charge for $35. Payee was "1-999-999-9999 7075 FLYING CLOUD DR EDEN PRAIRIE MNUS". Not knowing who this was I contacted my bank. They recommended I cancel my debit card & file a fraud report. I first called the 2 debit payments I made. One went thru. The other was Fingerhut.... I called Fingerhut, get a CSR who didn't recognize the above address. And said, "Well I don't know what to tell you." I call the bank back file the fraud, cancel my debit card. Mind you I have to wait 7-10 business days for a new debit card....NOT HAPPY!!!

Later in the day I google the address and you'll never guess who the above address is... Yup you got it – Fingerhut. I called Fingerhut again and asked if they knew the address. The girl thought it was pretty funny, put someone on from the "management team" who put me on hold for 6 minutes to ask about the address, came back and said with a chuckle, "Oh it's our corporate address." I explained that I now have to wait for a debit card. I have to contact all my auto withdrawals attached to this debit card and she apologized. The call disconnected.

I called back, got someone from the "management team" again. Her name is Cassie. I tell her my whole long saga. She said, "We already apologized to you. Do you just want me to listen to you talk about it." I am furious that this so called supervisor felt it necessary to make that statement. I filed a complaint with the BBB & YELP. Buyer beware. I feel the CSR's should know the address for their corporate office....

Resolution response: April 10, 2020

After my posting on several social media sites and turning the complaint into the office at Fingerhut I was called by the CEO's Assistant Director in which he apologized for the error in their actions and offered to ship the item to me free as the original transaction was supposed to allow but didn't. He offered his sincere apologies and said that it was truly their mistake and the would honor it. He was an incredibly nice Gentleman and was remarkable in taking care of my concern in a timely manner.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I recently decided to use Fingerhut to order an item for my sons’ room and when I went online, I found the bed that I was interested in and placed it in my cart and proceeded to checkout. They were offering a promo code for free shipping so I keyed in the code and it took the shipping off on the item I was purchasing so I thought all was good to go and when I went to place the order it said system error and to call customer service! Which I did and they proceeded to tell me that Free shipping did not apply on that item but yet the promo code worked in the cart so it should apply because to me if the code works you have to honor it. I spoke to 4 different people at their customer service portal none of which could offer anything to assist. To me if you are in a service business and you make a mistake then you own up to it and the customer wins regardless of the circumstances.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I feel that Fingerhut pulled a "bait-and-switch" on me with my credit report... Let me explain... I had a $1500 credit limit when Fingerhut offered me a $2100 temporary limit, if I were to buy a matching amount of product to make up the difference between 1500 and 2100 ($600)... I did not buy into the offer (although I did buy a few items) and when all was said and done, my limit was reduced down to $1850... Not a big deal, until my credit report came back and Fingerhut reported that my credit limit was reduced from $2100 (temporary!) to $1850, which then triggered a hit on the credit report. I called Fingerhut customer service to try to get them to fix the problem and got a runaround by their rep AND his supervisor...

I finally got so irritated that I told them to cancel my account. Their customer service doesn't seem to value their customers and their problems and only want to push problems off on others ("you need to call the credit reporting agency and..." OH Hell NO, you people are the ones who made the offer and did the reporting, not the credit reporting agency...). Did they offer to try to keep me as a customer?? Nope... Oh well, no wonder companies like Amazon are doing so great compared to Fingerhut... So, goodbye Fingerhut and I will be doing more business with Amazon...

Original review: April 5, 2020

In 2014, I let my grandmother order some stuff from Fingerhut which was 90 dollars worth of stuff which she had to pay 11.25 for eight months. But for one month my grandmother forgot to send in payment which she paid it and I saw it on my credit so my grandmother paid it. It was in 2014, here it is 2020 and I email them to see could they removed a paid collection off my credit. I get a email saying We cannot remove our tradeline from your credit report. We are required to report accurately.

First of all you are not reporting accurate information if my grandmother was only one month behind on one of my credit report. They have 1 month behind and another saying 60 days behind so you rather hold this mess on my credit for a total of 90 dollars which is totally bull. At least take the 60 days late fee off. I'm trying to get everything together off my credit, I wanted to buy my first house but they dont care. I so regret that I let my grandmother order stuff from them in my name because this how they want to treat people even after they got paid their money. So I guess I'm going to have to keep disputing this crap to get it off my credit because it's ridiculous.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Missing a payment, blacklisted me and canceled my purchasing allowance even after getting back on track. Their safe life affiliate can't even honor my unemployment application. I paid my dues since 2013.

Original review: March 29, 2020

This disgusting company claims to help build your credit, but they will rob you if you want to return something, and they're NOT SORRY! I ordered a 3 piece bath mat set and some dishes. I kept the dishes, but the bath mats were not the correct color, the toilet seat cover did not fit (despite my measuring before ordering), and the quality was awful. It was literally falling apart in the box. I returned them and only received a third of the cost back "because I didn't like it". Something ordered online, sight unseen, shows up and is a piece of garbage, and I still have to pay for it?! Disgusting. I immediately closed my account.

Original review: March 19, 2020

At first I thought Fingerhut would be a good thing to help build my credit but after having the account roughly a year and making my payments they gave me a temporary credit line increase at around Christmas that I didn't ask for or want. They said the only way to keep it would be to Max out the credit line. I didn't use it so they ended up removing it and now my credit score is suffering from it. I called their customer support and got nowhere with them. They don't care about their customers. My advice if you are looking at Fingerhut don't. Run the other way. You will be glad you did. They suck as a company. I will be paying them off and closing my account as soon as possible...

Original review: March 18, 2020

I am a Fingerhut customer for which I have been for some time but very unhappy for paying for certain products that are completely overpriced when ordering. Also When ordering I continue to have the same problems with Fingerhut, they sub-contract two or more carriers which ends up losing the product or delaying the product from coming to a reasonable amount of shipping time. When I do communicate to a Fingerhut specialist when they refuse to help you, they will not let you speak to a supervisor they are rude and are unhelpful for which they ignore your concerns. This is so unacceptable. Who holds Fingerhut accountable for their actions when they are completely wrong?

Original review: March 18, 2020

My son returned a Samsung phone that was never opened. I can attest to that. I went to the post office with him to return it. Fingerhut says the phone was defective and they refuse to credit it. If it was defective that is on their side because it was never opened. We have bought a lot from them. This is the first time we tried to return something. It was returned because my son's other phone started working again and didn’t need that one. I will never buy another thing from them.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Buyer beware!! Ordered a laptop on March 2nd. Paid $25 in shipping and as of March 14th, still no laptop. Customer service line is a joke! They cannot even track the order. I was told that a “tracking specialist” would update the tracking but to allow 24-48 hours for this to happen. What a joke! I should’ve never bought from this place! Fool me once shame on you.. They will not get a chance to fool me twice. Never going back!

Original review: March 6, 2020

I initially purchased a vacuum cost $315 on Fingerhut. I instantly set my account up on automatic payments and kept paying the bill, when finally I realized it has been a year and I’m still paying $30 a month on a vacuum that only cost 300? I reached out to the customer service to inquire further about my invoices, since there was no statements available on my accounts page. (Strange, also not shared via email either.) When the sassy customer service representative kindly informed me that every month there is a interest fee, and finance protection fee added to my account... still even with the fees I couldn’t understand how I had already paid $250 but I had an outstanding balance of $250.

The representative went on to tell me that I actually had several “late fees” on my account.. what?!? As you can imagine I am shocked since I am looking at monthly payments made in my payment history. Apparently they were hitting me with a late fee every month since my payments drafted on the 15th, but due on the sixth? Why would they recommend billing dates for automatic payments, if they will then just slam you with late fees that are due before the next bill.... when they have you on auto draft?!? Just pull it out on the sixth then!!? I paid it off and left it alone. TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

So I purchased an item from Fingerhut about a year ago. Turns out a year later I’m still paying on that same item. My balance has went nowhere. They overprice their items one and still charge you a fee. They enrolled me in auto pay but for some reason the system keep taking me off of auto pay and not informing me so what do you know? I miss my payment date and they charge me a late fee of 39.99. I’m sick of them. I will never use the service again and inform anyone I know not to. Like auto pay is something you set and forget. I have paid over $400 on my item and they are still telling me I have a balance of $462 when my item was only $528. It’s crazy the hidden fees they have.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I purchased a George Foreman and they have not credit my account. They have not adjusted my Bill and go to turn around and charge me a $39.00 twice late fee. Be aware. They do not tell you if you miss your payment date. They are going to charge you $39.00 even if your monthly payment is $15.00. They are scamming people.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I read the users manual, as recommended, and then set up the DVD, I was able to remember most of the functions as I used the device; it is very user friendly. The picture is crystal clear and the sound is the best I have ever heard coming from such a small machine. I would recommend this portable DVD to all who want more from a device.

Fingerhut Company Information