1.1/5 (59 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: June 17, 2022

My interest rate is almost 30%. Even if I make more than the minimum payment, my bill stays the same. They want to charge way over market price for their goods as well. Customer service is useless. Do not under any circumstance use this company even if your credit approval looks appealing. I’m telling you it’s going to kill your credit.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They tell Fingerhut Advance is being taken over by Fetti. What they don't tell you is that it means you're going to be billed for the same loan by two separate companies for two different accounts although the loan amount to you remains the same. This is a total rip off and should be illegal. I was paying Advance over the minimum just to later find out that Fetti regards it as zero payments and is racking up late payments as well. Not until this Month after I paid $100 one WK early for the due date was I told I'm to so play Fetti the minimum payment on the 15th too and they can not take it out of the overpayment I paid advance before the due because it's separate account. How can they be allowed to get away with this. I would have never continued with Fingerhut had they made it clear that I would be stuck paying two separate account for one loan! They need to be shut down permanently!!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have been a customer for over 3 years. They now have switched their banking system to a different bank. Now as a customer from the past, I now have 2 separate accounts. If they would have made it clear that I would be having to make 2 payments, I would be okay, but they did not. So I turn they were able to charge me a late fee. When called to have rectified, customer service was very rude. As if it’s my fault they made these changes and DID NOT make it aware to me.

Original review: June 11, 2022

So I got approved for a Fresh Start account. Cool. Was able to get a few things. All good. I had buyer's remorse and quickly cancelled as soon as I compared the same option's price at other retailers. This wasn't really surprising, but I was able to cancel before they shipped and they let me know I'd receive a credit for the down payment, or the down payment would be fully refunded to my debit/credit card that was used (which can typically take 7-10 business days). So, after thinking I was going to get the funds back to my checking account, I waited 11 business days, still nothing. I contacted support again and they said they applied a credit for the down payment to my account, but I could contact support and have them mail me a check instead (weird).

At this point, I said whatever I'll just get the items I initially wanted. So I made the attempt. However, there doesn't seem to be a valid "credit" at all. In fact, the order says it is cancelled, but I cannot start a new order due to the pending down payment I already did weeks ago, and the credit on my account says $-30. At this point I try to start a new support ticket but I literally can't. When describing the issue it says I can't use certain punctuation, but they do have an automatic "fix it" button, so I clicked that and it got rid of the punctuation. But I still can't submit a new ticket. At this point I am annoyed and aggravated. $30 short with no items and no refund or credit. I decided to reply to their response of my former ticket and am waiting to see if they get back to me on Monday.

You may ask, "Why not just call them?". Well, apparently only certain credit accounts have customer service numbers and Fresh Start does not. Additionally, even calling these other numbers only gives you automated responses to input your phone number or account number to verify who you are, but if you don't have the credit account for that phone number it won't show up. Leaving you at the mercy of strict automation with zero help or customer service. Plenty of better websites that do the same as this elsewhere. This has been a headache.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Well I'm so angry because I've been with this company for 9+ years and I've only been 1 day late maybe 2 times. I called them to let them know I had a death in the family and also lost my job and home, but asked if they had a hardship plan I could do just for a few months. No, no help even with ridiculous late fees. I've managed to make the payments and now they changed banks and my account has been closed. This is ridiculous since I've been ordering and paying off this account for over 4 years. This has also happened to my daughter same thing and she has been with them for 7+ years. They should be closed out. Thanks for listening.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Fingerhut notified its customer cardholders of the following: "Important Changes To Your Account. Take a moment to review the recent changes to your Fingerhut account. Fingerhut Fetti Credit Card. 1 New Credit Account. Same Great Fingerhut. A new Fingerhut Fetti credit account has replaced your previous Fingerhut Advantage credit account in My Account."

What they failed to tell us customers is that this new Fetti account would be reported as a new account to the credit bureaus. I have worked hard to raise my credit score the past few years. The new line and closing of the old account ruined all of that hard work because it dropped my credit score considerably. And this from a company that advertises that it can increase your credit score. There should be a class action lawsuit for this.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I'm about to lose the home I'm having built because Fingerhut decided to close my oldest trade line and open a brand new one lowering my credit scores across the board in turn, disqualifying me from the down payment assistance I was previously approved for. They reached out to me requesting more information and what I thought was an attempt to help in some way, but what they actually did was attempt to blame everything on me and trash talk me to the people who works for the builder. The compliance director called me and continued to deny any blame and insisted my score hadn't dropped based on their last monitored pull on 5/4/2022. He claimed mortgage companies all use the same scores which is completely untrue. I sent them detailed proof of my scores dropping including amounts, date and the reason the credit Bureau gave for the drop. They cannot get away with this.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Not only do I never know my due date a few days before it's due, making it a great conduit for late payments a 50+ late fee and near 50% markups is ridiculous. Consumer Affairs please help get this scam company investigated. They also magically closed the account and put my old account to a new one without my consent. This fake account closure caused a 30 pt dip in my credit score.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I called to see why I was in the fraud department when I didn't report fraud nor do I have a bal. So after giving may my full social security number and dob verified everything. I was told need to send in a copy. I have been with this company over two years and paid off multiple items. I don't feel comfortable giving my info to this company when I didn't do anything different. I asked for a supervisor. She refused. She didn't even put me on hold. I asked for the president of the company contact info. She has literally just sat on the phone and didn't say anything. This is the most unprofessional company and they have lost a loyal customer.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I wanted to order something from their new Fetti program but I just found out if order anything not only I will have to pay the monthly payments on the new account I will also have to pay off the balance from the closed account and I was told that the account's balances are not transferable.

Original review: May 16, 2022

This company is a scam! My account was paid off! By the time I realized they sent it to collections they said there is nothing they can do because they no longer have the account. Wow! Disputing it didn't even help. It has been years. They have harassed me to the point where I will have no choice but to pay it. It's really sad to pay it twice!

Original review: May 11, 2022

I had a Fingerhut account a while ago that was paid off and has not been used. I got a notification from the credit bureau that a new Fingerhut Fetti account had be opened in my name and I did not authorize it and immediately disputed it with the credit bureaus. I called Fingerhut Fetti and was told that they had switched from Fingerhut Advantage to Fingerhut Fetti and that they had did a hard inquiry against my credit and they apologize but if I make a purchase and pay it on time as I pay it over that over time my credit score would increase as well. That is totally unacceptable. I do not advise anyone to ever do business with them as this has really hurt those that are trying to build and others like me that already had good credit and just didn't want it to be affected for no reason. Beware of this company!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I've had an account for 15yrs. Have a high credit line and have used it, never late. If you value your credit score, do NOT use FH. Over the years, they increase your credit line (increases your score) if you're active, and they reduce it (lowering your credit score) if you don't stay in debt with them. NOW, they changed their accounts to what is called a "Fetti" account, which showed up on my credit report as a new account, LOWERING my credit score. I never asked for a Fetti acct and if "they" need to make changes in their company, to provide credit??? It should NOT impact existing customers or their credit.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I started a Fingerhut account many years ago and was trying to build my credit. Things were great until Fingerhut sold out and ran my credit twice without my permission. This act is illegal, they hurt my credit and took 10 pts away. I've worked too hard for that. I have spoken to the company and written many emails about this and had zero progress resolving this issue. Now I have to contact credit companies and dispute this. I am also going to contact an attorney. I told them to fix this issue and close all my account, because they tried to make a new one without permission. Not a thin dime until it's fixed. This company is a fraud and will not help your credit at all.

Be aware, they are not a helping company. They will share your personal info everywhere and there's nothing you can do. Stay away from them unless you don't care about your hard earned credit. Don't be fooled by them. Ok, I'm done for the moment but promise to keep helping the public stay away from CRIMINALS like Fingerhut. Don't be scared by their saying they help you, they don't. Be well.

Original review: May 5, 2022

THIS IS INTERESTING - Back in 2016, I was undergoing some personal issues in my life. So, my personal credit took a major turn/hit. After reviewing what Fingerhut offered, I went ahead and applied for their credit terms knowing that their products were overpriced. But it was a way for me to rebuild my credit profile. So, I applied, they granted me $600.00. Then I ordered about $130.00 worth of products. Then I immediately pay them back and they increased my credit available to $1,200.00. So, I made a few more purchases and always paid off the entire balance every time. They kept saying, you have available credit, and I didn't have to pay it off. They insisted that I stay in debt with them over and over again. Then, they increased my credit available to $1,600.00. I called them and asked them to keep my credit available to only $1,200.00. So, they did but not without putting up a fight.

So, since 2016, my credit profile is back up in the 745 range. But after them reporting my pay status as excellent, after me always paying them off completely, after me ordering a few times and overpaying for their items, after me referring others that were trying to rebuild their own credit, Fingerhut decided to close my account on April 2022. Yes, my credit score took a hit by 8 points. Their reason was, I didn't commit myself to stay in debt. Other words, they were not making any profits from my own credit behavior. Now, since I realized and identified their tactics, their objectives, I can only give them the lowest recommendation. This company is considered dishonest, distasteful and very tacky and SHOULD NOT ever be considered by anyone trying to rebuild their credit file.

"The main objective is simple --- if you do not become a slave --- to our offerings, ---then we must terminate our relations with you" --- May God of all Creation, bless this Operation, touch their hearts, touch their souls and show mercy towards them. It's true, man's heart is wicked above all things. This is a great example of course. So, my prayer for Fingerhut is this: Father, of heaven and of earth, I forgive them. Shalom! Rebuch Haba, B'shem Adonai!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought an Xbox from Fingerhut. They delivered it to the wrong address and I called them immediately. I was told multiple times that they would remove it from my account, but it has been 6 months and now they've sent it to collections. Everything I call I have to explain everything all over again and the customer service rep tells be to wait 3-5 bullishness days and it should be removed but it never is. I am suing them for fraud. Don't buy from them!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I got this account of $300, with $30 down, to rebuild my credit. I was fully aware that any purchase I made would have a price tag that’s almost double of the MSRP. I ordered a hairdryer & paid the $30 down. After about a month I received my order but at this point my account showed “no payment due”. I learned that payment dates are typically around the 6th of each month so I proactively made a payment the following month, still while my account showed “no payment due”…I was bound and determined to not let Finger Hut sabotage my credit score.

After that first payment (made in November 2020) my online account finally listed a due date of DECEMBER 6 for my FIRST payment. I was stoked that I had already made the December payment & assumed that by doing so my next payment would be due in January, which I also paid. But no, they reported me to the credit bureau for missing a payment in December, which made my credit score fall EIGHTY points overnight. And I still can’t get this off my credit history/reports…almost 2 years later.

Original review: March 22, 2022

This company lowered my credit for no justifiable reason. I have an excellent payment history with them and a low utilization rate. Yet, they still reduced my credit 700 points. They raised my credit to 2200 then reduced it down to 1500 because I didn’t purchase more products with them. The effect caused my utilization to increase with the credit bureaus. They temporarily increase your credit for good payment and activity, then decrease it if you are trying not to accrue more debt. It’s a shame that the American government allow these horrible business practices to continue in challenging times like these. Does this agency look into these matters and do anything about it? That’s the question!

Original review: March 21, 2022

Just before Christmas 2021, Fingerhut simultaneously gave $200 credit to a identity thief using my name and sold them a product (Bluetooth speaker) for about $180 — sent to a drop box in east Orange, NJ. I reported this to the police in my town when I discovered this and other fraudulent activity two weeks later, via my credit report. Fingerhut has been harassing me ever since, which apparently is their modus operandi. Their most recent invoice, 2.5 months after their bogus sale, is for $256.85. Consumers should do the math before they get anywhere near having anything to do with this predatory outfit.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I have bought some stuffs from this company to build my credit. Since pandemic l have been really struggling like most, this company fails to have compassion and empathy. They desperately constantly calling me and treating me for paying as well as destroying my credit more.. what an daily struggle and experience.

Original review: March 4, 2022

WebBank, who does all of Fingerhut's financing and they are the worst mistake you can ever make.! They have cost me thousands of dollars on major purchases because of their bullying tactics. My credit score has been demolished by this company because I don't want the junk they are selling. Even though I never missed a payment they would raise and drop my credit limit ruining my credit score, as punishment for not buying the overpriced merchandise they are selling. I've considered legal action. At this point they have ruined My credit so badly I'm considering just letting the account go to collections so I can pay a collections agency half as much because I have nothing to lose anymore. My advice is don't even think about it, and to the thousands of people experiencing what I am we need to band together and stick it to them for a change. Worst credit decision ever!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I have paid off my Fingerhut account twice. Have less than 200.00 balance currently. I have received harassing emails and text messages for the last 3 weeks about making my payment that isn't even due until March!!! I wrote once nicely, told them didn't appreciate being harassed over a payment that wasn't due for 3 weeks at that time. Got the blah blah reply.

Next week I got text messages and another email. Not so nice reply sent, advising them this was harassment and my payment wasn't due for 2 weeks. Advised I didn't want the harassment or I would just stop paying completely. Today I get ANOTHER email in caps telling me my payment was due in a week and if I didn't pay they were going to charge me 38 in late charges. I paid my payment 2 days ago but it's showing processing not posting. So I had enough. Wrote and said the balance was now their problem due to the harassment I received for 3 weeks before payment was due and after payment was made. Stay away from this company!!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I purchased a pair of AirPods And a full size bed rails from them I’ve been wondering why I haven’t gotten close to paying the items off, well I made a year worth of payments 1 day late and they have hit me with a late fee every month. How they get you is when u set up automatic payments whatever day you log on is the day that they set the automatic payments up but they don’t tell us that. So they let me make a whole year of payments and I haven’t even touched the amount that I owe them. PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM. Please go somewhere else because you will forever owe them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Fingerhut catalog is charging you double for their products! Double! That's right. Any product in the catalog is double the cost. And you have their finance fees on top of that. This company like most companies that claim to help you, are preying upon the poor. Plus why would anyone want to build their credit by financing a overpriced blender or coffee maker. If you want to build your credit score research credit building and save yourself a bundle.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I bought a laptop in end of Oct/22 for a Xmas gift and I wanted to return but can't because it's over 60 days, they should extend Xmas items, I'm pissed because I can't return something that isn't going to work for what my hubby wanted it for, I won't by again anything.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

I have had Fingerhut for years. My first few purchases were fine but when I made large purchases like getting a bunkbed it was not what it was supposed to be at all and I found that out after struggling putting the whole bed together and then having to take it apart for them to come pick up then the missing times to pick it up from me having to find a way to carry that to my vehicle and take it to UPS.

The last purchase is where I stop purchasing things from them. I had a trip to go to Georgia and I was only given a bag not a suitcase. The main thing that was supposed to go with it. My account was credited but my account went downhill from them. Every time I would make a payment on time it would affect my credit so when I contact the main headquarters to address that they did call me and they were apologetic however I’ve been dealing with this so long and then on top of that I was told not to make a payment until they resolved it and then I got late fees on top of that and I have all of the documentation.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I was trying to make my credit score better. I purchased 2 tablets from Fingerhut. The total for both $679.00. The first purchase was made on April 5, 2017 the second was on April 2018. My payment is $49.96 a month. It's now been almost 5 years and I still owe the same amount. If you are one day late they charge you a late fee that is very close to your original payment. Go somewhere else if you really want to help your credit. Their prices are higher and the interest rate is sky-high. And if you're one day late their fee is HIGH!!! DON'T BUY FROM FINGERHUT. You will owe them forever.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I purchase the 1200.00 Delonghi espresso machine with 1 yr extra warranty and it worked for 3 months and now it's broken. I called after waiting 1.5 hours later. Finally a person came online that no one can understand and Finally they called delonghi and gave me number to call of which until 4 months later I cannot get ahold of no one. But they remind me a lot to make sure I pay that payment of 69.99 every month. I'm paying on a piece of crap every month. It makes a nice paper weight now. I'm thinking about setting it up at the firing range at 500 meters to shoot at it. It would make a nice target. So if you want Fingerhut stuff just remember it might work and if it don't. Don't expect to get a refund or get good customer service they have forgotten that a long time ago. I wanted to give a negative 5 stars but that's not available.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I washed my sheets and when I folded up the sheets all 4 sets were tore up including the pillow cases. I was really angry because this place charge too much money for their products for them to rip up after the first wash. So as soon as I pay off my account I will never order anything else from them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I turned to Fingerhut because I am trying to improve my credit rating, and I received a tip that this would be a great way to do this. When I applied, I was given the Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account issued by WebBank. Since I was trying to improve my credit rating while making sound purchases that I could pay off, I kept anything I bought under the 30% line. But when COVID hit, I didn't use the card for a couple of months out of the desire to have one less thing I have to worry about on top of everything else. Since I didn't spend any money on the card in a 3 month period of time due to my issues with COVID, they up and closed closed my account, telling me I wasn't qualified for the account due to lack of spending. I was stunned.

Every time you go on the website, they tell you what you have to spend in a way to where you can't miss it. They didn't care about me as their consumer, but rather, they only cared about my wallet and their bottom line. Truth be told, the prices in comparison to other retailers out in the community are more expensive, and the features that I would receive for the same basic items? I would receive more features for less money. I bought only one item during my time with them, and that was a bottle of perfume that I wanted. When I received the bill, I paid it off in full due to not wanted any kind of high interest hanging around my neck. Just be careful with this place. They are money grabbing, and they will take your credit from you if you don't spend or even if you do spend the credit you're given by this bank. To me, this isn't a proper consumer business practice.

Fingerhut Company Information