3.5/5 (507 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: July 3, 2021

I have had a credit account with Fingerhut for a while. I make all my payments early. I have graduated from fresh start and have a good credit limit. However, whenever I have tried to order something in the last six months, they will not let me check out. They say to call them and verify my personal information before I order. I have done this and still when I am trying to order a gift for family they do this. They have done it several times. Do not expect to order a last minute gift because they will throw a wrench in it. I have been a model customer and I am having these problems. They do not do this to my mom who also has an account! It is ridiculous! They call me to tell me I have a temporary credit line increase over and over and yet here we are again! I will not order one more thing and I am going to pay off my balance. Never again!

Original review: July 3, 2021

I purchased the Chef's Mark 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven from Fingerhut on 4/7/2020. In a little over a year, the microwave has suddenly started sparking and smoking. Obviously, I have discontinued using it. I contacted Fingerhut to report the situation and was told that it was nothing they could do. Obviously, there is a problem with the product. Up until now, it has been working fine, but too all of a sudden to start sparking as if it's about to explode points to an issue with the product. A $185 microwave should not stop working after a year. In my opinion, Fingerhut should have offered some type of remedy for the situation. I will not be ordering any more from Fingerhut if this is how they treat their "loyal customers".

Original review: July 2, 2021

I opened a Fingerhut Fresh Start account in June. I placed my order and paid my deposit. I set my account up to have the minimum amount due taken from my account on the first of every month. My balance on my account was $218.00. On July the first my minimum amount due was $0. Fingerhut debited the entire amount due on the first even though they were only authorized to debit my card for the minimum amount due.

I contacted customer service. I was told that I would be issued an immediate refund and my account status would remain the same. I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not remain the same. I called customer service again. I was told that time that I requested the entire amount be debited from my account. I informed the person that I only authorized the minimum amount due for July to be debited from my account. I was told that I would not get a refund and my account status would remain paid in full my credit limit $0. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that it was not necessary for me to talk to a supervisor. The person hung up.

I called back and was told that I would get an immediate refund and my account status would be restored to its previous state. Again I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not get restored to its original status. I called a fourth time and again was told that I requested the full amount to be debited from my account. I asked again to speak to a supervisor and again was told that it was not necessary for me to speak to a supervisor and again they hung up. Avoid this company unless you want to be lied to and have your money stolen from you.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I would not recommend anyone to get an account with them. I went to make another purchase and it showed they closed my account. I called and stated that I have made a purchase within 6 months and that I'm not understanding why because I was told and the the whole 7 years I've been a customer I've always just made 1 purchase a year. The supervisor replied "Well we can close your account at anytime." So I asked again why when I've always paid balance in full before due date to avoid interest charges, NEVER late and was making purchases. Why would they do a loyal customer like this.

She again stated "We can close your account anytime without reason" and I told her, "You said it was closed to inactivity so now you're saying they just closed a loyal customer account because you can." I feel that I was treated unfairly and shouldn't have to get another hard pull on my credit to open another account and have to worry about them just closing it because they can when they want.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I had been with Fingerhut for quite a few years to build my credit as they say. I paid off my account and then decided to purchase a smart TV and then all hell broke loose. The tv came cracked on April 13th, was picked up a few days later, it is now June 18 and still has not been credited back to my account. Now they say I am behind in my payments, WTH!!?

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have never gotten anything but cheaply made and defective products from Fingerhut. The first item I ever bought from them was a smart tv that was defective. Many of the functions on the TV just did not work at all. The second product I bought from them was a laptop that wouldn't even turn on. I was sent a completely broken and useless laptop. I sent it back and they gave me the credit back, thankfully.

The third thing I bought from them was a wireless charger for my phone. I thought at least this product was simple enough and it couldn't possibly go wrong. I was wrong. It doesn't charge my phone at all. All it does is keep it from completely dying. After I pay off this worthless charger, I am NEVER going to buy anything else from Fingerhut ever again. I don't care how much credit they give me. If you're looking to build credit, you're better off putting a down payment on a secured card and purchasing a quality product from anywhere else. Nothing they have is worth going into debt for. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I bought 2 Fitbits watches from Fingerhut and later returned them by mail before the return date expiration date. Fingerhut customer service said they never got the item and I was not credited the refund to my account. I did not use their return label. I just paid with cash at the Usps and shipped it off. I've been with fingerhut for well over 5 plus years. They were not helpful. They didn’t even take into consideration my loyalty. With being a loyal customer I mean I’ve referred friends and family to them and even my own father referred me to them and he’s been with them for years. I wouldn't take a change on this company even if it was free. They treat long term valued consumers like crap. Still to this day they supposedly have not got my shipment back and totally stop all contact with me about the matter. This was last year November 2020. Horrible nightmare so I’m without watches or my account being refunded. Totally screwed

Original review: May 18, 2021

I thought it was odd when It said approved for a 250 credit line and I quickly found a 300$ playground thingy for my son. Glad I came here and saved myself. My Nanny always told me they were crooks. Now I'm gonna order it from MACY'S for half the price: &.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Review on receiving broken TV, so they are sending me the new TV but until they get the other TV they reported to the credit bureau that I am over my limit that they charged me until they received the broken TV back which lowered my credit score 31 points and nobody will do anything about it. It should’ve been a simple replacement. Instead it lowered my credit score 31 points, After taking years of building my credit with Fingerhut now it’s screwed up. I do not recommend.

Original review: May 15, 2021

With the price you pay for shipping they should fly the stuff to your house. I don't understand why the cost is so high and the shipping is so slow. This is the only place I order from with such a delay in shipping.

Fingerhut Company Information