3.7/5 (450 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I got the card over a year ago. Never used it. They dink 20 some points on my credit report. I never used the card at all. No balance. They did that to my credit cause I didn't use the card. It was high prices. I just had it in case of emergency. Well they took my credit back and card. Total bull crap customer service. Fraudulent to get you in the card.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I am so pissed at the fact that I was misinformed so many times. The error that was caused on Fingerhut oversight totally poor consumer service and the fact that the staff was totally not on the same page. I called more than 6 times and was on the phone over an hour each time. When all this could have been avoided from the start. I just hope that when my returns are received by your company, that my account is credited accurately and correctly. I wasted a half of day dealing with fingerhut on yesterday. I am so disappointed with fingerhut, I just want to close my account.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Just watch them with the "payment due dates" on the website. I will be 100% on-time making my monthly payments and then all of sudden I'll log in and it will tell me I'm past due for the current month that I already paid, and even though I just logged in literally the day before and absolutely NOTING was due, let alone PAST DUE. In my experience, if I just wait a few days and don't pay what it is telling me I owe, the next time I log in, that "past due" amount and date mysteriously vanish, and now the amount and date due is for the next month (as it should be), with NOTHING past due. It's like they momentarily trick you into thinking that you missed a payment just so you freak out and pay it. And when you do, it goes towards principle and interest, and your next month's payment will still be due in less than 30 days.

So essentially they are trying to get you to make two payments a month with the shady way it is set up. I totally get that we should be trying to pay more than the minimum amount due and in a perfect world we'd all love to make double payments each month, but it's not a reality for many. Furthermore, it's really misleading and off-putting how they operate. No other credit card/account I have displays this trickery. Given both the shady practices and the terrible interest rates, and I will be so glad when this account is paid off so I never have to look at it again. I get that I signed up for it knowing what the rates were, but honestly... If you're thinking of boosting your credit by signing up for Fingerhut...DO NOT! And "Fingerhut" is also just a really terrible name for a business that needs to be reevaluated. Lol.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

They tout this company as a way to rebuild credit but it’s nothing of the sort. The interest fees are astronomical as every over-minimum payment I made resulted in the exact same balance. Every time I ordered shoes (3), they sent me the smallest size available. The third pair is when I missed the return deadline and when I looked them up to resell privately, they were actually less than 1/2 the cost Fingerhut charged. Scam. This is a scam. Don’t do it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Do not buy anything from this company. They overcharge for everything. They lure you in because you have poor or no credit. Then, when you purchase things on their website, the finance charges are outrageous! Around 30%. Please be aware of this. It will take you forever to get your bill paid off. You are better off getting a sub-prime credit card. If you made the mistake of getting an account with them and made several purchases on credit, pay off the account as soon as possible, so as not to incur anymore finance charges.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Ordered a four-person pop up dome tent, to go camping of course. Upon receipt, we set it up in the living room and instantly noticed how thin and cheaply the material was made. If you saw it, you would never set this up outside or in the woods. It looked more like a toy that a child would play with in the bedroom, not a tent you would actually camp in the woods with. A falling leaf may actually penetrate it. It was so flimsy, I was very careful to disassemble and put back in the box for fear of breaking it. $40 to return it. They sell Chinese made garbage garbage...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Fingerhut is the biggest scam. I have gotten my credit up to as far as 733 and everytime it went down LARGE AMOUNTS OF NUMBERS was always due to FINGERHUT! I’m a credit monitor, and I’d expect for 5 to possibly 20pts down, but as large as 50+ from purchasing to supposedly “rebuild credit” is absolutely asinine!!!! How is a company that claims buying with them “ is an opportunity to build credit” but they lower your points drastically every purchase. Then while you pay it off it doesn’t even give you the same amount they knocked off your credit !! They literally give 5pts versus the 30+ they take from you. It’s a scam and a lie. Not to mention it’s a major rip off. You can shop for ANYTHING on there and their prices are far more expensive than it is when you go to any other store, and I mean for something as little as perfume..they overcharge. THIS WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT!

To go from Good Credit back to Fair credit (ALL MOSTLY DUE TO FINGERHUT) is so unreal, other things that impacted my credit were things I easily recovered from, I was able to get whatever I wanted but was always very responsible. Now monitoring my credit and how it’s UNDER 680 and I’ve been paying off fingerhut but to no avail, they’re not building it whatsoever. Once I pay it off, I’m NEVERRRR using it again. I’m not even going to close it. I’ll wait till they close it due to inactivity, and I’ll just build up whatever I have to build after that because I can honestly say that Fingerhut has been the sole downfall of my credit. It’s disgusting they’re getting away with harming people’s credit, I’m seriously thinking bout a petition or lawsuit. They deserve it. I’m not the only one having major issues with this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

My fiancé bought me a engagement ring from them a while back and one of the stones which is cubic zirconia broke out. Not very good product at all. He paid a lot for it. I do not recommend buying from them at all. Needless to say I can no longer wear this expensive mistake again. Will not repeat will not waste money buying from them again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

**Finger Huts review**. I bought a gaming PC. It arrived pre-opened and with stickers restuck. It had software issues and PC errors from the beginning. Possible tampering, even a Trojan perhaps. Because the error message would re-open and it was not fast. Game settings were changing back automatically, and then the whole system would begin to leak like liquid coolant... I could even notice it physically... like impacting my health. Including odor and full body sweats. Zero stars for Finger Hut... I would never recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I used Fingerhut to boost my credit and buy a few things for Christmas. It started out fine, had the payments come out of my checking account monthly. 1st they sold me two phones that was 4g which are no longer viable with a 5g service change. I called to see if I could have the phones replaced, they advised that I contact Samsung for replacement. Samsung stated they were out of warranty. Called Fingerhut back and they said there is nothing they could do though I must continue to pay for something I can't use totaling $741.00. Then they opened a second account in my name without permission under Fetti which I will never use, added credit but effected my credit score negatively because it stopped auto deduction of my payments without my knowledge. Which caused late payments on my credit.

I called to resolve the issue five times but it would hang up before the call could be completed each time. Finally got through months later, only to speak with someone who barely spoke English and asked to speak with a supervisor only to be told they would call me back....mercy. This was the worst Company I have EVER used. Products, customer service, credit all are subpar and lacking any professionalism. The credit provided is not worth the headaches. I would not suggest Fingerhut be used by ANYONE. Avoid at all cost! Issues are STILL unresolved.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

This company formed a second account under my name that I did not authorize. There's a balance and I haven't made a purchase in a year. Made my regular payment. Got a notification that I had a 30 day late payment on my credit. They will not do anything to try to settle, let me speak with a manager or collections. They claim there is no one else in the office to speak to. I will be taking legal action and I hope everyone stands up together against this company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I was trying to find an older model laptop to replace one that is falling apart (it's a small one I take to work). The only place I could find it was Fingerhut. I ordered the item and paid to make sure someone had to sign for it when it arrived. It never did. Two of us were sitting right here all day, watching movies, and no one was even on the street at the time of "delivery." I contacted Fingerhut. They had me contact UPS. And they had me download, fill out, and upload a form that was just rhetoric, they had me "prove" I'd been dealing with UPS (no, no one ever did sign for the item), and now I'm waiting for the local police to show up so I can file a report. For a mis-delivered three hundred dollar laptop.

I'm in my seventies and have lived in this house thirty-three years and in this zip code most of my life. Packages get mis-delivered, even lost, probably stolen. But so far, with Fingerhut, there have been over thirty emails/messages back and forth, as there is no way to phone one of their five numbers and reach a human. But, because on their computer screen, it reads that the package was delivered, Fingerhut decided to close a "case" that was never a case to begin with.

After reading over the layout and odd repetitious pre-written phrases, I do not believe Fingerhut is located in the United States. No matter how I phrase things, I get the exact same responses. No matter what I send as an attachment, they want something more. The local police were just here. I now have a police report I am going to forward to Fingerhut, but I will bet my own life that they will not accept it. Stay away. You can find a replacement item elsewhere. Places like this should be shut down.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Fingerhut Advantage changed to Fetti. I had a zero balance when unbeknownst to me it converted. I received bill for $30.00. Paid $9.99 minimum to my Advantage account and inquired as to what the charge was for and now am being charged a late fee on top of bill I did not owe. I requested them to close my account. 07/29/22. We will see what happens but from other reviews I am not holding my breath.

Original review: July 23, 2022

My account is so messed up right I can't believe it. They say one of my payments went to Fingerhut when they first changed everything. Now they claim that my account through Advantage/Fetti I have a balance of $200 so they want me to repay those payment. I told them that I will not pay double on items I've already paid for. Told them that's paying double for those items. She hung up me. No more dealing with Fingerhut. Also, filed Bankruptcy In April this year. Read it in REDDIT!

Original review: July 23, 2022

Since Fingerhut split into two companies, Fingerhut Advantage AND Fingerhut Fetti, I am being billed for the same outstanding order amounts - $24.99 by Advantage and $33.98 by Fetti. Both are due on the same date more than doubling my original Fingerhut bill. I never consented to this.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I had a Fingerhut account for years. Always paid ahead of time, always paid more than the minimum... Don't know when this occurred because I was not notified they closed my account with web and just opened me a new account under name fetti.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I made a payment from 4 different credit cards, paid it off, went to buy something, and froze my account. Even though the first two payments of 72.00 each off a credit card. That shows payment had been posted not pending. My original payment would have only been 18.99 so that is well over 18.00 144.00 to be exact. But they froze my account and said they were waiting for the other two payments of 72.00. They have already cleared my bank. So they just lost a customer. If they treat you like this when you pay off your account I don't need these people. I'm disabled and have to rely on the internet to do my shopping.

Original review: July 8, 2022

This is not a good company. The product(s) are cheap and don't function well. The clothes are cheap and overpriced. I received multiple text messages today (7-8-22), stating my payment is due. My payment is not due until 7-18-22. I called and the CSR was not really that interested. Don't buy from these people. Bad management, bad merchandise, sullen CSR. I wouldn't recommend them to people I don't even like.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I had an account with Fingerhut advantage. The company was sold. Fingerhut fetti bought the company. Now consumer (I) stuck with two accounts. Two payments with little notices. In order to get out this jam I consolidate 3 bills including fingerhut. Called them for pay out May 17. Got address, loan company sent a check. Called every week. Sometimes 2x a week. They haven't received anything yet. The phone call every day non stop. Well 6/28 I called. Asked have they received a payment. "Hold on please," I was told. Yes you owe nothing on your advantage account. I asked, "Can you tell me when you all received the payment." Yes 6/9/22. Really. I just call 6/21/22. This is ridiculous. If I wouldn't call problem would've been charge next month. Money is due bay for actually pay out day.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I got this card to help with my credit. The merchandise is overpriced and you're paying more in shipping than the item is worth. If you don't use it they take your credit limit away. The footwear is terrible. I'm on a New Balance pair of slides. They didn't even last a season before peeling. I've had Nike, Under Armour, etc. last way longer and I paid less. Shipping is way more than the items' worth. They send it to my neighbors all the time. When the bill comes in by the time you're paying it off you paid probably double of what everything cost. Customer service isn't very helpful. I wore a pair of sandals I just bought from them four times and they're literally falling apart. I ordered a mixer I don't know how long ago and it still hasn't come and I dread calling them. After I pay this off I'm done with them. I do not recommend Fingerhut.

Original review: June 17, 2022

My interest rate is almost 30%. Even if I make more than the minimum payment, my bill stays the same. They want to charge way over market price for their goods as well. Customer service is useless. Do not under any circumstance use this company even if your credit approval looks appealing. I’m telling you it’s going to kill your credit.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They tell Fingerhut Advance is being taken over by Fetti. What they don't tell you is that it means you're going to be billed for the same loan by two separate companies for two different accounts although the loan amount to you remains the same. This is a total rip off and should be illegal. I was paying Advance over the minimum just to later find out that Fetti regards it as zero payments and is racking up late payments as well. Not until this Month after I paid $100 one WK early for the due date was I told I'm to so play Fetti the minimum payment on the 15th too and they can not take it out of the overpayment I paid advance before the due because it's separate account. How can they be allowed to get away with this. I would have never continued with Fingerhut had they made it clear that I would be stuck paying two separate account for one loan! They need to be shut down permanently!!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have been a customer for over 3 years. They now have switched their banking system to a different bank. Now as a customer from the past, I now have 2 separate accounts. If they would have made it clear that I would be having to make 2 payments, I would be okay, but they did not. So I turn they were able to charge me a late fee. When called to have rectified, customer service was very rude. As if it’s my fault they made these changes and DID NOT make it aware to me.

Original review: June 11, 2022

So I got approved for a Fresh Start account. Cool. Was able to get a few things. All good. I had buyer's remorse and quickly cancelled as soon as I compared the same option's price at other retailers. This wasn't really surprising, but I was able to cancel before they shipped and they let me know I'd receive a credit for the down payment, or the down payment would be fully refunded to my debit/credit card that was used (which can typically take 7-10 business days). So, after thinking I was going to get the funds back to my checking account, I waited 11 business days, still nothing. I contacted support again and they said they applied a credit for the down payment to my account, but I could contact support and have them mail me a check instead (weird).

At this point, I said whatever I'll just get the items I initially wanted. So I made the attempt. However, there doesn't seem to be a valid "credit" at all. In fact, the order says it is cancelled, but I cannot start a new order due to the pending down payment I already did weeks ago, and the credit on my account says $-30. At this point I try to start a new support ticket but I literally can't. When describing the issue it says I can't use certain punctuation, but they do have an automatic "fix it" button, so I clicked that and it got rid of the punctuation. But I still can't submit a new ticket. At this point I am annoyed and aggravated. $30 short with no items and no refund or credit. I decided to reply to their response of my former ticket and am waiting to see if they get back to me on Monday.

You may ask, "Why not just call them?". Well, apparently only certain credit accounts have customer service numbers and Fresh Start does not. Additionally, even calling these other numbers only gives you automated responses to input your phone number or account number to verify who you are, but if you don't have the credit account for that phone number it won't show up. Leaving you at the mercy of strict automation with zero help or customer service. Plenty of better websites that do the same as this elsewhere. This has been a headache.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Well I'm so angry because I've been with this company for 9+ years and I've only been 1 day late maybe 2 times. I called them to let them know I had a death in the family and also lost my job and home, but asked if they had a hardship plan I could do just for a few months. No, no help even with ridiculous late fees. I've managed to make the payments and now they changed banks and my account has been closed. This is ridiculous since I've been ordering and paying off this account for over 4 years. This has also happened to my daughter same thing and she has been with them for 7+ years. They should be closed out. Thanks for listening.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Fingerhut notified its customer cardholders of the following: "Important Changes To Your Account. Take a moment to review the recent changes to your Fingerhut account. Fingerhut Fetti Credit Card. 1 New Credit Account. Same Great Fingerhut. A new Fingerhut Fetti credit account has replaced your previous Fingerhut Advantage credit account in My Account."

What they failed to tell us customers is that this new Fetti account would be reported as a new account to the credit bureaus. I have worked hard to raise my credit score the past few years. The new line and closing of the old account ruined all of that hard work because it dropped my credit score considerably. And this from a company that advertises that it can increase your credit score. There should be a class action lawsuit for this.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I'm about to lose the home I'm having built because Fingerhut decided to close my oldest trade line and open a brand new one lowering my credit scores across the board in turn, disqualifying me from the down payment assistance I was previously approved for. They reached out to me requesting more information and what I thought was an attempt to help in some way, but what they actually did was attempt to blame everything on me and trash talk me to the people who works for the builder. The compliance director called me and continued to deny any blame and insisted my score hadn't dropped based on their last monitored pull on 5/4/2022. He claimed mortgage companies all use the same scores which is completely untrue. I sent them detailed proof of my scores dropping including amounts, date and the reason the credit Bureau gave for the drop. They cannot get away with this.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Not only do I never know my due date a few days before it's due, making it a great conduit for late payments a 50+ late fee and near 50% markups is ridiculous. Consumer Affairs please help get this scam company investigated. They also magically closed the account and put my old account to a new one without my consent. This fake account closure caused a 30 pt dip in my credit score.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I called to see why I was in the fraud department when I didn't report fraud nor do I have a bal. So after giving may my full social security number and dob verified everything. I was told need to send in a copy. I have been with this company over two years and paid off multiple items. I don't feel comfortable giving my info to this company when I didn't do anything different. I asked for a supervisor. She refused. She didn't even put me on hold. I asked for the president of the company contact info. She has literally just sat on the phone and didn't say anything. This is the most unprofessional company and they have lost a loyal customer.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I wanted to order something from their new Fetti program but I just found out if order anything not only I will have to pay the monthly payments on the new account I will also have to pay off the balance from the closed account and I was told that the account's balances are not transferable.

Fingerhut Company Information