Broadstripe Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Have been with Broadstripe or Broadwipe as I call them. Horrible internet. Having traveled the world and only lived in third world countries for years on end because of State Department duties and various embassies overseas, I can firmly say, Internet speeds in West, Africa/India/Philippines are better than what we experience here in Lothian, Maryland UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Online gamer well you can forget about that or anything online... Horrible service. Sometimes it's impossible to watch Netflix without it going into 240p resolution... YouTube... no chance of ANY video being fully loaded... It's expensive and we are being held hostage. This is why internet should be FREE. It makes me so mad to think that this "company" is legal and is still in business when literally every state in the country has rated it no more than 2 stars. Please people do not get Broadstripe... They need to burn to the ground.

How can this be the ONLY ISP in the area? Is America really regressing this badly? Are business practices this shady? Where does the money go? Certainly not to improve the SERVICE... Boils my blood to think some goop out of college gets hired to piss around people's basement and say "it's fixed" or some goop in India Saying "Have you checked your router?" Just piss your way through college, that degree means you know something... Yeah right! What a bunch of freeloading scoundrels. I hope they get what they deserve. When I can I will launch a war with this company. I don't care how long it takes or how much it costs. I will see this company to the end. If you don't do anything about it these people will continue on taking money and lollygagging around in some expensive car pretending.

Broadstripe is the worst service provider I have ever had and I mean any service provider. I have been with them for over 2 years (only service in my area). They recently offered me a lower price which I gladly accepted. I knew Verizon was entering the area real soon so I figured this was to keep me from going with Verizon when they activated the area. I just called to cancel my service to go with a real company but I was told that when I accepted the discount I agreed to a 2 year contract. In no way was I told that I would be locked in for 2 years and have to pay a $400 cancel fee. I have immediately opened a complaint with Maryland's Better Business Bureau.

I would never agree to such terms knowing Verizon would be available in a few months. I have demanded a copy of the recording. PLEASE be careful when dealing with Broadstripe. Please read other reviews. Many are very similar to mine. This is the 2nd time I had to go to the BBB. The last time was for my service being completely out for a week with 3 missed service calls and numerous unreturned phone calls asking to speak to a supervisor. Even if their customer service was better their internet stinks (when it works). They have an expensive top speed of 50mbps. Verizon's lowest available speed is 50mbps and goes up to 500 mbs. No matter how this turns out I will not be a "BS" (funny how BS is also short for Broadstripe) customer much longer.

I have been with wow cable for 2 years now and every month they add money on to my bill that was paid off the first of the month. Do not get this company. They like to rip people off, take their money and cut the service off.

My 86-year-old father is not computer savvy, so when he said he didn't have email I looked into it for him. Myself I am not an IT person but I work on and with computers every day. Dad said that they were upgrading his email. I read the email that they sent with the info on it. It was a list of servers etc. and what to enter at those areas in your account. Nothing else! Just the list, not where to go to put in this info, nothing. So I call CUSTOMER SERVICE! HA! What a joke. I was on the phone for 2.5 hours and nothing was done! He kept saying that I wasn't typing in the info correctly! Hello, I can type and read and see that I am putting it in right.

Broadstripe thinks everyone is a computer genius! If you want to upgrade your horrible email service then do it! And don't leave your customers holding the bag, with no email and a "SERVICE" (I am using that term loosely) REPRESENTATIVE that is rude and disrespectful. At one point he said "I don't want to go through all of that again." Well excuse me, I thought this was your job. There was no supervisor to speak to (of course) and nothing this guy could do for me. If this would have been my 86 yo Dad who is hard of hearing and not computer literate he would have been totally upset. I AM UPSET! If you are going to upgrade, do it! That is what we are paying for. Not to be treated like idiots.

Also I asked MR. PERSONALITY about the video in the corner of the email (the online email through BS.com) how could I turn it off. I CAN'T! It is for advertising! Are you kidding me? I believe that is what the upgrade is for! So they can bombard you with stupid ads that are constantly streaming on your email. I am looking into changing my Dad's provider, he hates to lose his email address but that is better than paying a company money that thinks so little of their customers. I wish I had gotten the guy's name! By the time the 2.5 hours were over I hung up on him and his sarcastic attitude. Thanks Broadstripe! Your track record is still as good as ever!

Storm tore cable wire from service pole outside house. Cable is supported only by a tree branch between house and pole. Cable is hanging 8-9 feet off of road. Called WOW (Broadstripe), got India on phone, Hajji told me they can get it repaired Saturday. Today is Tuesday. Then Hajji tells me to contact my fire department for a downed wire so that WOW will dispatch an emergency crew to repair. ** 'em! When the wire ends up tangled around someone's neck and the service is ripped all to hell, they will send a crew, along with their attorneys for the lawsuits. I see why they call them "WOW"!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broadstripe Cable?

It's been 2 months since we have subscribed with Broadstripe. Nothing but problems from the install date. First it was not getting all channels on various boxes that went on for 2 weeks. They had to keep resetting the boxes. Then the boxes stopped working one by one. I've had one replaced and the second was just recently looked out to tell me it's fine. After the tech left it stopped working again. I called they told me it would be a week before someone could come out. I said "no that's unacceptable." The rep told me she would try to see if they could come out by Friday the latest she would call me to let me know.

Here it is Sunday not one word from them and no one came as of yet. I'm being charged for something I can't use??? No, this is insane. Their customer service via phone and techs are unprofessional. I've only had ONE good customer service experience in 2 months. Unfortunately the only reason I'm using them still because Broadstripe and Verizon service my area. Verizon is expensive, however, I'm strongly considering using them. Broadstripe isn't worth all these non-stop issues and give nothing back to their customers for the hassles. Oh, I'm sorry they gave me a $20 credit off my first month's bill. Yeah somewhat insulting considering having barely any use of my services for 3 weeks.

Disconnect for late balance $24 and some change. WOW... How petty. I was told it was the length of time the fee was owed. The bill is always paid after the 3rd of the month. If $143.00 of balance was paid with June bill why not wait to see if the $24.00 would be paid with July bill? It's paid every month over the phone. That is very bad customer service and it's not like you have the best service. I'm helping my daughter hopefully she will be doing better soon and won't need your service. There are lots of people doing badly and you are also. If you weren't you would be upgraded to Comcast and Verizon.

I would Never say Anything Good about Broadstripe! Their service is by far the worst ever! I have a Bundle Deal & the internet is always very slow & keeps shutting down! I ask for my number to be changed on my phone on Thurs & today 5 days later have not heard back with the new number! I can't receive any calls, can only make them! My old number still comes up, but I can't receive calls! I have now called BS 6 times with no help to this problem! I tell all of my neighbors to never go with Broadstripe! I'm moving soon, that is the ONLY reason I keep them! I have nothing good to say about this company!

Broadstripe has been nothing but trouble since my family decided to use it. With the television, it's alright but I'll lose sound and the picture will get all distorted. With the internet, it's slow and unreliable. I am a gamer and I also like to use Skype with friends when I can but I just can't hold a connection on servers and in calls. On a scale from 1 to 10, Broadstripe gets a 1. I'm not pleased.

They are the worst internet provider I have ever worked with. Customer service and the management are very rude. I tried to change my due date for bill payment online and my bank cut two checks for them. My bank was going to cancel one of the checks but Broadstripe told me they would only clear one. After checking my account they cleared both. When I called they said they could give me a refund check and I could get it Tuesday and they would call me. They never called me so Wednesday they said I could get the check and again no call and no check. Now they are telling me Thursday. When I spoke with the manager in billing he acted like he didn't care and laughed at me and placed the blame on me even though I tried to get this taken care of two weeks ago. Do not use their service. They do not stand by their word and they think it's okay to play with people's money. I hate this service.

I decided to bundle with this outfit after receiving way too many offers in the mail from them over the past five years. Dish and Century Link kept raising their rates. Just recently, Wave offered bundles that appeared to best services I had through Century Link (phone & internet) and Dish (satellite tv), so I decided to make the switch. For the last three weeks, Wave has been here on and off "fixing" the install so that it lives up to their advertising hype. At the moment, things are working, but this is after going three weeks with sporadic, if any, phone service. This was only "fixed" by chance when a dish installer just happened to be in the neighborhood checking what he called "reception" and noticed that my location was lacking. The "fix" was to NEVER turn off my outlet strip into which Wave's router and modem are plugged. I will never understand why this simple fact was not addressed or mentioned during the three-day install.

Furthermore, the guy who did the installation spent a lot of time complaining about Wave as an employer while he was here numerous times. One day in particular he was here and in and out (and in the crawl space) of my home until 7 p.m. At the moment, everything seems to be working, but it took so long to get it right and many calls to them talking to phone reps who were cranky and either not able to grasp the problem or bored with fielding so many unhappy Wave customer complaints. At this point I am not able to say that bundling with Wave was a smart move and I am waiting for the next problem to crop up with their bundle. I am also waiting for a sub-contractor with Wave to lay a new cable from my home to a utility box across the street from my home and I have a sickening feeling that this is probably not going to go well either, based on previous problems with switching to Wave's bundle.

I signed up with Broadstripe for $64.95 a month. I was paying $83.99 with taxes. My bill jumped to $99.95 after being with them for 5 months. I called the customer service several times about the bill but it was always waste of time. My neighbor had warned me about them before I signed up but I didn't listen. If you are reading this, please don't get caught in their web.

I tried calling Broadstripe about my internet not working. I get their answering services in Michigan. Problem is I don't live in Michigan, I live in Maryland, so here's the problem. It's Saturday February 15 2014. I'm told I have to wait till Wednesday February 19 to get my internet fixed. I believe there is an internet outage but because I'm the only one who may have Broadstripe and not Comcast I don't classify as an outage and have my service fixed right away. I use to work for this company and did on call and was called out on Saturdays to help with cases like this; however, they say they don't do this anymore. Broadstripe says they're the hometown company and their customer service is supposed to be so good. In reality they suck just as much as other companies. They don't have a problem getting my money every month and quick to take money off your bill; however, I want my internet working and I should not have to wait 4 or 5 days for them to come to my home to fix my problem.

I have been dealing with this unreasonable, ridiculous company since before 2009! I have tried, tried and tried to resolve the issues that Broadstripe has created - overcharging on my bills, being billed for over a year after I was disconnected, and never being able to speak to a manager. In addition, after paying them over $1,200.00, they insist that I still owe them $448.30! I just want this to be over and done with as it's been such an unreasonable and crazy situation. It's affecting my credit score. If you can believe that! I honestly feel that this company owes me money, in all truth. I would love to speak to an attorney regarding this blatant form of fraud and stealing.

Broadband provides awful cable services and charges way too much. The monopoly in the county outside the city of Bellingham allows them to do so. They really are awful. I am switching to Dish Network soon (tried to avoid it because of the price) but there is no other non-Dish cable network available in this area. Also, internet is slow! DSL runs like dial up. I can't watch any Netflix, although they charge you as if you hold the fastest running internet on the planet. If you are at all concerned with speed of internet and value, you will not use broadband. I am very, very unhappy with this company's services.

Well, Broadstripe is now officially Wave Broadband. I would have hoped that with the new ownership, there would be some customer service skills coming along with that. The cable has been out now for 5 hours. I have called, and been told "sometime between 6 or 7 (3 hours away)." The person on the phone was "nice enough"; however, the responses to the issues is still the same. It's the only game in town, you'll have to wait, "nothing further we can do."

Customer care? Billing and overall picture quality is poor. I am experiencing loss of sound, snowy and puzzle video picture quality. I paid a year in advance and your billing department sends me bills for me to pay.

I was a customer of Broadstripe for a couple of years, 2007 and 2008 I think. I lived close to Bellingham, WA. I have an overall impression of this company as undisciplined and corrupt. I wouldn't sign up for their services again if I had the option. One thing that struck me as odd was that when I went to turn in the unscrambler/tuner box, the customer service lady over the telephone told me to be sure to keep my receipt of the transaction in case the techs try to scam me.

Then they re-billed me for the final payment several months after I paid it. Customer service seemed unconcerned until I told her I had access to my bank records online and could prove that I had already paid it, then she quickly resolved the matter in my favor. I am amazed that these types of incidents are so widespread and yet the company is still in business.

I have been with Broadstripe for about 5 months and for some reason, the price is ridiculously high for a very mediocre service. I was signed up for a package at $64.95 per month and have yet to see the bill below $85.00. I've been shut off twice in my retaliation to not pay my bill and the second time they said they reset my box in February. When the tech came out in March and pulled the info from the box, they still had it disabled and the office in Charlotte, MI refused to do anything about it. Instead, the girl on the phone was very arrogant and rude.

We have tried to contact other subscribers but the area in Marshall is limited and this is where Broadstripe makes their money with no regard to service. This company needs help badly in the area of customer service. The techs are nice with the exception of the con artist that failed to explain all the service fees that came with the package, cable modem $5.00 and Digital Terminal $6.95. We asked to have the digital terminal removed and the idiots told us it would increase our package.

Their website hardly ever works correctly to pay online and it seems they do not really care for the inconvenience they cause their customers. Just a bunch of people working for a CEO who is there strictly for the money and doubtful if he or she even has the service. There is an easy way to get rid of companies like these who claim to have so much better service than satellite, boycott them and file your claims with the BBB because they can't ignore everyone.

By the way, who does a 13 month contract? Just another way to keep you in or have the next tenant experience 1 month free cable because most leases are 12 months. Companies like this set you up to fall because they are so shady on explaining in the beginning how and what charges you will incur but are almost happy to tell in a rude demeaning little way over the phone when they interrupt your service.

Broadstripe is the worst cable provider in Maryland. They do price gouging on their customers. I used to be an employee and my bill was $11 and changed once I was fired. I got my bill and it was $387. I called Broadstripe to explain this. Their answer was you get billed a month in advance and I had every channel there was on their system. If I was just a customer, I might have believed this however I worked for this company and knew their pricing structure. Having everything with 4 TV outlets phone and internet does not even come close to what they said my bill would be. Broadstripe, I think, is price gouging their customers. I was fired. If they bill a month in advance then after the bill for $11 and change, my next bill for the next month should have been no more than $150. If that much instead, they are charging me $387. Something needs to be done about this

Broadstripe keeps raising my prices even though I am in a "contract" that they don't adhere to but I will be charged $250 if I don't. They need to be shut down because they are constantly scamming people & have apparently paid off the B.B.B. to get some kind of rating upgrade that they post on their homepage.

They have poor customer service and poor installation. The day I was scheduled, the technician was late & it was obvious that it was almost quitting time on a Friday. He kept talking on his cellphone, and told the other person to buy the case of beer, and he would be there as soon as possible. He rushed the installation, and my internet was not even working before he left. I called customer service, and was transferred to 4 different people, but nothing was resolved. I ended up solving the problem myself, and was even charged a service fee for calling in to ask when someone would be back out to complete the job. They had no problem taking my deposit. I only had the service for 1 1/2 months, and when I called to cancel, I was transferred 3 times, and then told I would be charged $39.99 to disconnect the phone service, and would get a prorated bill, even though they bill 1 month ahead. Thank God I was not on a contract with them, and I would suggest anyone to never ever use FraudStripe Cable Company!

Broadstripe is the worst cable company I have ever had service with. They charge extrusive rates for below average service. I have to make a service call at least every other month, and if it gets cold, your service drops. When you call them, they're not concerned, they just pass you to other departments. The last time I called I got passed around on hold for 1.75 hours. If you want good service, do not use Fraudstripe!

I've never dealt with a more underhanded company. Their 13-month contracts, horrible call service, HD channels that consistently do not work, and "accidental" extra fees on my bill that would have remained if I didn't call. I could go on.

In short, I'm amazed that a company this terrible is still in business. Without these exclusive contracts with apartments, they probably would have. I will never sign a lease on a place that forces its tenants to use this horrific service.

Broadstripe is charging their current customers with prices much higher than their advertised prices. If you are a current subscriber, you cannot get the promotional packages as advertised and you cannot change the name on the account to get the lower, new account prices. They get you on a plan, take advantage of you, and try to get you out of your account for $250 more. I am completely dissatisfied with their service as the Internet goes out a lot.

I retired in the beautiful Sedro Woolley area. One of my concerns in moving here was whether there was High Speed Internet Service. Broadstripe was the only SP that said yes. I ended up with 1 mgb rather than 16 mgb which I assumed it would be. The original modem included phone which I didn't want but have been paying for ($55.00 monthly X 12 months = $660.00 yearly X 4 years = $2,640.00)

I have been paying for services that I never received. I have been lied to and stolen from and I plan on looking for a class action law suit.

The worst service provider ever. Most of the cable channels you pay for are out on a regular basis and when they do work, the quality is poor. The sound cuts and video is garbled.

I pay for High Speed access and lately have not been able to play audio or video files at all on my brand new computer. I tested my internet speed on their website and it said it was downloading at 1 meg, I tested it on several other speed testing sights and they all showed my speed at 200k but when I went back and tested on their sight it said 1 meg again. I called customer service and the soonest they could get a tech here was 2 weeks out.

When the Tech finally got here all he did was change the cable modem and told me he couldn`t do anything because the main office chokes the speed on the internet in our area. I called again and the tech said there was nothing he could do so I am stuck paying for high speed and only getting 200k max and can`t do the stuff I want the internet for. Anyone interested in Broadstripe needs to look elsewhere if they want a reliable service that wishes to make their customers happy.

I was told Broadstripe was the only internet service provider for my new home. I contacted them to schedule an install. They did not come during the 4-hour time on 12/15 nor did they notify me that they were running late or could not make it. I called to reschedule for the following day. The day of the installation, 12/16, the internet operated at speeds ridiculously far below with what they advertise. The technician had installed a splitter because he showed my speeds as being 'too fast'. The condo president later told me that they do this constantly, which sounds like a deliberate and malignant practice to me.

When speedtest.net was able to load, the speed showed as .01 rather than the 15mbps promised. I knew this was a consistent problem for them but on the first day? I called Broadstripe to let them know about the service issues and John told me, due to the fact that speedtest.net could not even load, that it must have been a bad install and the technician would be back within 90 minutes. When 2 hours had passed, I called again to cancel the service (I have done some research and found out that I could use DSL over my phone line). I was told by Brian that he showed the technician as scheduled to come back on 12/18. Brian and I spent more than an hour on the phone trying to fix the service before I finally insisted on canceling. He let me know I had a $13 credit if I ever choose to come back to Broadstripe for future services. I received a bill on 12/31 for $28.33 contradicting what I was told. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Melissa who insisted Brian had been wrong to tell me I had a credit and that I owed them $20 for the installation fee.

Comcast may be no model, but I never had speed or customer service issues with them. So far, Qwest has been a dream. Everyone who can boycott this company absolutely should. The sooner they're out of business, the better.

I've been robbed and lied to by this company. I signed a short term 6 month lease on a waterfront property in Port Ludlow. I asked the neighbors who the internet/cable company was. They said Broadstripe. I called and they said they had a Watch and Surf package for $71.00 per month. I agreed to it. They took down my address, personal information, credit card info etc. and set me up. I asked specifically about the credit card info they requested. I told them I did not want to be hit for auto pay monthly. The salesman assured me they wouldn't. Guess what? They did it anyway.

I finally got them to get me out of that cycle and now I find out they forgot to tell me I was locked into the $71.00 per month for thirteen months. I told them I did not agree to that. I was only renting this place for 6 months. To cancel, I have to pay a $250.00 cancellation fee just like a cell phone service. I never agreed to any of this. I feel like I've been robbed blind and psychologically raped by this company. I've been lied to repeatedly by their customer service people and of course I never get a phone call back. I'm ready to spearhead a class action lawsuit. Anybody game?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Broadstripe Cable was founded in 1998 and bought by Anne Arundel Broadband in 2012. The company offers telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Maryland.

• Large TV packages: Broadstripe offers a catalog of 195 channels, including commercial-free music stations.
  • Free HD programming: Broadstripe does not charge customers extra for HD channels.
  • DVR available: Digital video recording allows customers to save live TV shows for later enjoyment.
  • Parental controls: Parental controls let parents limit viewing of TV content based on their ratings and other content restrictions.
  • Bundled services: With Broadstripe Cable, customers can purchase high-speed Internet, telephone services and cable TV programming together.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers