Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Broadstripe Cable Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2018

I am trying to file a class action lawsuits against this company. Their billing cycle is on the 6 of each month but the bill is due on the 26. So they said I owe a past due bill after one of customer service said I had a zero balance. In which I did by my records, they interrupted my service. They are rip off. Every time it rains the cable service is acting up. I will be filing a claim with Better Business Bureau and hopefully with the help of other, my lawyer, I am willing to see that this company will no longer be allowed to extort money from consumer. I've read a lot of the reviews, and I have experience majority of the complaint. Consumer Affairs it would behoove you to look into this company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Internet is always slow, or nonexistent. I call (I've never had anyone be rude to me) and they reboot the modem, it'll work for maybe an hour and then back out again. I also cancelled my phone service which should have lessened the bill (they said it would but it didn't). They always put charges from your last bill on the next, which I don't understand. Very frustrated!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I sign up for Internet service and I'm very upset because of the terrible service, my Internet is always slow. Customer service is very rude, they are not helpful at all. This company is the worst. Please save time and money, don't do business with them. They are horrible. They made mistakes and refuse to fixed the problem. Warning STAY Away from these scam artists.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

This is the worst very unprofessional company that I ever had to deal with. Customer service has a very bad attitude. I was trying to get service at my home. The tech came out to my home and told me that they couldn't get the internet to work because they needed to run a cable from my home out into the street and I was ok with that. They said I would get a call from them when they were coming out. I never received a call from the company so I had to call them so they gave me a date on when they would come and run the cable. They never showed up so I called them and they switch the date without calling me so I wasted my time waiting on them to show up.

So I called the office again and they said the paperwork was never submitted so we set another date again which would be another 2 weeks so I called them the day before the installation and they gave me another excuse saying they don't know what happened and that it would take another 10 more days to get my internet installed. Do yourself a big favor. Never do business with this sorry company. They're the worst and you wonder why they only get 1 star out of 5. They should just shut down.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Have been with Broadstripe or Broadwipe as I call them. Horrible internet. Having traveled the world and only lived in third world countries for years on end because of State Department duties and various embassies overseas, I can firmly say, Internet speeds in West, Africa/India/Philippines are better than what we experience here in Lothian, Maryland UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Online gamer well you can forget about that or anything online... Horrible service. Sometimes it's impossible to watch Netflix without it going into 240p resolution... YouTube... no chance of ANY video being fully loaded... It's expensive and we are being held hostage. This is why internet should be FREE. It makes me so mad to think that this "company" is legal and is still in business when literally every state in the country has rated it no more than 2 stars. Please people do not get Broadstripe... They need to burn to the ground.

How can this be the ONLY ISP in the area? Is America really regressing this badly? Are business practices this shady? Where does the money go? Certainly not to improve the SERVICE... Boils my blood to think some goop out of college gets hired to piss around people's basement and say "it's fixed" or some goop in India Saying "Have you checked your router?" Just piss your way through college, that degree means you know something... Yeah right! What a bunch of freeloading scoundrels. I hope they get what they deserve. When I can I will launch a war with this company. I don't care how long it takes or how much it costs. I will see this company to the end. If you don't do anything about it these people will continue on taking money and lollygagging around in some expensive car pretending.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broadstripe Cable?

Original review: March 2, 2016

Broadstripe is the worst service provider I have ever had and I mean any service provider. I have been with them for over 2 years (only service in my area). They recently offered me a lower price which I gladly accepted. I knew Verizon was entering the area real soon so I figured this was to keep me from going with Verizon when they activated the area. I just called to cancel my service to go with a real company but I was told that when I accepted the discount I agreed to a 2 year contract. In no way was I told that I would be locked in for 2 years and have to pay a $400 cancel fee. I have immediately opened a complaint with Maryland's Better Business Bureau.

I would never agree to such terms knowing Verizon would be available in a few months. I have demanded a copy of the recording. PLEASE be careful when dealing with Broadstripe. Please read other reviews. Many are very similar to mine. This is the 2nd time I had to go to the BBB. The last time was for my service being completely out for a week with 3 missed service calls and numerous unreturned phone calls asking to speak to a supervisor. Even if their customer service was better their internet stinks (when it works). They have an expensive top speed of 50mbps. Verizon's lowest available speed is 50mbps and goes up to 500 mbs. No matter how this turns out I will not be a "BS" (funny how BS is also short for Broadstripe) customer much longer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I have been with wow cable for 2 years now and every month they add money on to my bill that was paid off the first of the month. Do not get this company. They like to rip people off, take their money and cut the service off.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

My 86-year-old father is not computer savvy, so when he said he didn't have email I looked into it for him. Myself I am not an IT person but I work on and with computers every day. Dad said that they were upgrading his email. I read the email that they sent with the info on it. It was a list of servers etc. and what to enter at those areas in your account. Nothing else! Just the list, not where to go to put in this info, nothing. So I call CUSTOMER SERVICE! HA! What a joke. I was on the phone for 2.5 hours and nothing was done! He kept saying that I wasn't typing in the info correctly! Hello, I can type and read and see that I am putting it in right.

Broadstripe thinks everyone is a computer genius! If you want to upgrade your horrible email service then do it! And don't leave your customers holding the bag, with no email and a "SERVICE" (I am using that term loosely) REPRESENTATIVE that is rude and disrespectful. At one point he said "I don't want to go through all of that again." Well excuse me, I thought this was your job. There was no supervisor to speak to (of course) and nothing this guy could do for me. If this would have been my 86 yo Dad who is hard of hearing and not computer literate he would have been totally upset. I AM UPSET! If you are going to upgrade, do it! That is what we are paying for. Not to be treated like idiots.

Also I asked MR. PERSONALITY about the video in the corner of the email (the online email through BS.com) how could I turn it off. I CAN'T! It is for advertising! Are you kidding me? I believe that is what the upgrade is for! So they can bombard you with stupid ads that are constantly streaming on your email. I am looking into changing my Dad's provider, he hates to lose his email address but that is better than paying a company money that thinks so little of their customers. I wish I had gotten the guy's name! By the time the 2.5 hours were over I hung up on him and his sarcastic attitude. Thanks Broadstripe! Your track record is still as good as ever!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Storm tore cable wire from service pole outside house. Cable is supported only by a tree branch between house and pole. Cable is hanging 8-9 feet off of road. Called WOW (Broadstripe), got India on phone, Hajji told me they can get it repaired Saturday. Today is Tuesday. Then Hajji tells me to contact my fire department for a downed wire so that WOW will dispatch an emergency crew to repair. ** 'em! When the wire ends up tangled around someone's neck and the service is ripped all to hell, they will send a crew, along with their attorneys for the lawsuits. I see why they call them "WOW"!

Original review: July 12, 2015

It's been 2 months since we have subscribed with Broadstripe. Nothing but problems from the install date. First it was not getting all channels on various boxes that went on for 2 weeks. They had to keep resetting the boxes. Then the boxes stopped working one by one. I've had one replaced and the second was just recently looked out to tell me it's fine. After the tech left it stopped working again. I called they told me it would be a week before someone could come out. I said "no that's unacceptable." The rep told me she would try to see if they could come out by Friday the latest she would call me to let me know.

Here it is Sunday not one word from them and no one came as of yet. I'm being charged for something I can't use??? No, this is insane. Their customer service via phone and techs are unprofessional. I've only had ONE good customer service experience in 2 months. Unfortunately the only reason I'm using them still because Broadstripe and Verizon service my area. Verizon is expensive, however, I'm strongly considering using them. Broadstripe isn't worth all these non-stop issues and give nothing back to their customers for the hassles. Oh, I'm sorry they gave me a $20 credit off my first month's bill. Yeah somewhat insulting considering having barely any use of my services for 3 weeks.

Not sure about Broadstripe Cable?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

Broadstripe Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Broadstripe Cable was founded in 1998 and bought by Anne Arundel Broadband in 2012. The company offers telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Maryland.

• Large TV packages: Broadstripe offers a catalog of 195 channels, including commercial-free music stations.

• Free HD programming: Broadstripe does not charge customers extra for HD channels.

• DVR available: Digital video recording allows customers to save live TV shows for later enjoyment.

• Parental controls: Parental controls let parents limit viewing of TV content based on their ratings and other content restrictions.

• Bundled services: With Broadstripe Cable, customers can purchase high-speed Internet, telephone services and cable TV programming together.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and businesses who provide entertainment to customers or staff members.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team