toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

I have nothing but high praise for everyone involved in providing me with DIRECTV usage. That includes the person I spoke with on the phone, as well as the technician who installed. Although I was not person who was present during installation, I can say that the person who was, Randy **, told me that the technician was proficient and professional in all phases of the installation. We could not be happier with all phases DIRECTV, from the person who I initially spoke with, the technician who installed, and the final product!!!

So far there are no problems. Installation was on 2/27/16. The picture is clearer than U-Verse and I like the remote. The installer was personable and thorough in being sure I knew how to operate the functions.

I sincerely appreciate the patience in handling my questions. This is a new experience for me. Before calling, I had a sense of frustration. Afterward, I felt relieved. Thanks for the super effort.

I just got off the phone with a DIRECTV rep, who would only give me her first name of LINDA. A charge had been debited directly from my bank account for $6.41. Since I had not had the service for a month and a half, I called to see what the charge was for. She told me it was for a MOVIE we had rented two years ago. The problem is, it's just my wife and I that live here and no one has ever stayed with us and we both have been retired for over three years now and we have NEVER rented a MOVIE of any kind, especially HUNGER GAMES.

My wife and I tried to assure her we did not rent the movie. Linda said that when they got the CARD for the receiver back that we were charged for whatever was on it, I told her the CARD was WRONG. Linda said it was automatic and that that the way it was and nothing could be done since I no longer had the service. Which I replied "you were able to take the money out of my account yesterday, so you should be able to put it back today." Linda said there was NOTHING she could do. THIS IS WRONG.

I wish I had used a credit card instead of my bank card so I could fight this ILLEGAL WITHDRAWAL. Please people, whatever you do. DO NOT GET DIRECTV, save yourself a lot of trouble and charges. You will spend a lot of time on charges as long as you have the service. If you can call it that. I'd better off without even watching TV, don't need the hassle. Be forewarned. Don't get the service! I told her to lose my bank account number and my phone number!!!

They put me on another contract because I moved. I did not realize this. My first bill from them at my new address was 2X higher than any other monthly bill. They could not figure out why but I had to pay it. Every month they bill me wrong, much higher than I agreed to. I think they hope I just pay it. I have been trying to get my payment due date changed for 4 month. They tell me they can help with this but it never gets done. I have a second location in my home with satellite TV and who ever put this in has no idea what they're doing. It has 3 separate boxes all plugged into each other and half the time the TV does not work. Think Directv cares? NO!!!...They used to be good until AT&T joined in now the worst of the worst.

I upgraded my equipment with an understanding that my bill would only change minutely. Unfortunately, this is not the case. My bill went up about 50.00 and it is because of charges that are ethically and morally wrong. There is an extra sports fee when I am already paying for a complete package and this charge is a Ruse! They are also charging me for HD service when they only provide a couple of channels with HD quality service. This is causing duplicate charges while giving those charges a different name but should be covered under the plan I have. If I had this to do over, I wouldn't have and am looking for a new provider who has integrity and honest about all charges. Before AT&T took over, I had no problems and have been a customer for almost 20 years. This is ridiculous and morally wrong. Consumers should be better informed before making a decision like this. Again, DIRECTV (AT&T) would not be my provider of choice.

I have had DirecTV for a little over two years. I am mostly satisfied with the company although in regards to customer service, I absolutely hate being transferred to a country where I can not understand a word they are saying. Very frustrating!

I contacted DirecTV to see what could be done because I bought my mother-in-law's house and she had DirecTV. I also had a suspended account that was suspended for 6 months so we could find a new house. Little did I know that I would be buying my mother-in-law's. All I asked for was them to early terminate her service without a penalty so I could get mine out of suspension at the new address. I know it's in contract but they wouldn't have that contract if it wasn't for me referring her. So in essence I brought to them a new customer. When this family needed them to help us, they refused to waive the 180 dollars.

Long story short, neither I nor my mother in law are DirecTV customers and will never be again as I terminated both accounts. It's sad when a company will lose a customer over such a small amount of money. I told them if they would terminate that one account so I could get mine back going, I would have no problem. The only solution they had for me was to alternate suspension on the accounts until the contract was out. I don't want to change equipment and programming every 6 months for the next year or so. This was after 3 reps called and 4 and a half hours dealing with them. Not to mention the 2nd rep said that this was not a arguable dilemma and put me on an indefinite hold and the 3rd one said that his boss didn't take customer calls but this situation was over his head. Sorry customer support with bad attitudes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

They almost ripped me off for fees and when I questioned it and told them I wanted to cancel my agreement they lowered my price, cut me out of channels and I bet they smiled.

I was contacted by a DirecTV sales rep. Told I could receive TV, Internet and phone service for $89.99 per month. I agreed to this bundled service and rate and given an installation date. The TV service was installed finally two weeks later than the promised date. After a month of no phone or internet service I called DirecTV and complained the missing services. I was told they would check into it and get back to me. Two weeks later after not hearing from them, I called them to find the status of the services and was told I would have to call the phone company myself. I did so and was then receiving two bills, one from DirecTV and another from the phone company, none of them for $89.99.

I once again called DirecTV and told them if they couldn't provide what we agreed upon they needed to remove the stand-alone TV service from my home. They shut off the signal and sent me a box to ship their equipment back to them, they then took a spiteful $388.24 from my bank account because I stopped their service. They broke our agreement not me, yet they still penalized me. I'm 70 years old and living on my social security and can't afford that kind of money to be robbed from me this way. I was scammed and this offer was a fraud.

This is a warning to potential consumers who are thinking of signing a contract with DirecTV... don't. If you are planning on signing a contract with them be prepared that you will have to pay to get out of the contract. They will change your start date and force you to pay a termination fee. They will put packages on your bill and charge you extra, it will take months to resolve the issues.

My experience with the company was bad from the beginning. They did not install the system properly and took 6 months to fix the install. Meanwhile they charged us for extra equipment and services that we either returned or tried to cancel. Every month the bill was wrong. After the first year they signed us up automatically for NFL package even though we tried to cancel at the end of the last season. They state you have to call on a certain date in order to cancel the extra service, and that all services automatically renew for your convenience. Each phone call took between 30-60 minutes.

Once we were close to the end of our contract we called to cancel the service. They stated the cancellation fee was $480. I said my contract expires in May. (I called the end of March.) They said, "No, the contract was extended and ends in October." They were rude and stated we have a signed contract that extended our contract life. When I asked for proof of the contract they said they emailed it to me several times. It never arrived. I told them I will cancel my $200 per month AT&T cell phone service, they didn't care. I canceled all the services I have with AT&T.

We paid our "Final Bill" from ending our service and then received a credit in the mail for $26. I was pleasantly surprised to get a refund but figured we paid the full month and didn't use the entire month of service. Great right? Well not so "Great". Now it seems we have been referred to a collections agency by DirecTV for $26 mysteriously the same amount of the refund. This now potentially damaging my credit over $26. Not to mention it was sent to me as a refund. BEWARE...

AT&T offered package deal to bundle services with DIRECTV to save $. After changing my data plan to get the package, I was instructed to either cancel my DTV or put it in another name with someone 18 or older in my household. Knowing this is fraud, I cancelled my DTV and reopened account to bundle services. All of this was to make commission on ATT end to get a NEW DTV Customer to merge accounts. Come to find out I did not have cancel my DTV account to bundle.

A hard credit check was pulled for no reason, went without cable for 2 days, $350 pulled from bank account for unreturned equipment??? To top it off, the reasoning behind bundling services to save $ and being offered top cable package for set rate, DTV told me they couldn't honor what ATT offered and now I'm paying more than what I was with DTV before I bundled services. ALWAYS get a paper bill because your bill amount changes month to month and rate never stays the same. Waiting patiently for my contract to end with DTV and DO NOT RECOMMEND DTV to anyone considering changing over to save $.

I was alerted by my credit monitoring system that DirecTV performed an unauthorized "Hard" inquiry into my credit report. I have been a DirecTV customer for 11 years. There was no need for a credit inquiry in that I am an established customer and was not seeking new service or changes to my existing service. When I contacted DirecTV regarding the unauthorized inquiry, I was shuffled around from person to person and placed on hold forever. No one had an explanation as to why the inquiry was done. Also, they claim to have sent a request to have the inquiry deleted from Equifax. When I spoke with Equifax today, they said they had not received anything from DirecTV but they started the dispute process for me anyway. This is unacceptable and DirecTV should be held accountable for their unauthorized practices.

I received a flyer in the mail from AT&T/DIRECTV in September 2016. SELECT package, 19.99 a month, internet 3.0 19.99 a month. I received my first bill in October 2016 87.85. I called billing. Was told that's what I agreed to. I told them no it is not! Now it is March 2017, I have called over 25 times, tonight they lowered my bill and lowered my package from select to family without telling me. I called DirecTV back and was informed I changed my package. I told them I did not. I have been trying to resolve this for over 6 months. AT&T/DIRECTV is dishonest, and refuses to do what's right... I would never recommend them to anyone!

When the salesman came, he offered a plan that was enticing because it was supposed to save money. The installation day came and I received an email that showed a package that was higher in cost. I told the installer (Dennis **) to stop because I was canceling the order and after he had disconnected all the boxes he left and I was left with all boxes disconnected. Didn't have the decency to connect everything back. When I call DirecTV they claimed that they couldn't touch the boxes to connect them back. So they have the rule to disconnect but not to connect back?? Besides, what they offered initially isn't the same from the actual package you get. Screw this scam.

I terminated my service with DirecTV and went to Dish network. I received a regular monthly bill shortly afterwards which I paid as I always do. A couple weeks later I received another smaller bill I assumed was my final bill. Ends up I overpaid them. They won't send me a check for my refund. They sent me a prepaid debit card. What a scam. I have filed complaints with FCC and my Congressman. I hope I get this resolved. Whatever you do don't overpay them. You'll have to spend the debit card at the store. You won't be able to get a check back in return unless you contact the card issuer and give up your financial info. What a horrible way to treat someone who pays their bill every month early. I'll never do business with these thieves again.

We have been customers since 2004. I feel new customers get better rates than long term customers. Also they charge for every box you have and DVR service and then a charge to watch the DVR. Just way too expensive.

If I could give zero stars I would. We talk to a representative at a store to end our contract. They had no record of us talking to him. Continue to charge us. Then when we talk to them they refunded us a little bit of money. Then they said they never received our equipment that we returned. Even though we had a receipt from the United Postal Service. I was able to return my equipment while my husband was in the ICU. And they didn't even see that we returned it till a month after they received it. And still took the money out of our account when they had the devices in their possession. I will never recommend DirecTV to anybody. I will never return to DirecTV ever again. They are the worst customer service I have ever worked with.

Poor - in all respects. It has been a horror story from the beginning. I moved from the city to the country, Comcast said they did not have service there. My cell service was with ATT. They said they would provide cable service along with DirecTV. Once I paid for the services and the tech finally came out, they hooked up a satellite dish. They ran flat wires through the doorway and through one window. There were already cable connections installed but they 'couldn't' use existing wiring. So now I have an open window and an air leak under my door, and the flat cable fails regularly as the door opens and closes over it.

After the installation, I found that there was no cable. They said it was not available in my area - contrary to the sales person. The new customer service said they would look into the discrepancy. By the time they finished, it was too late to cancel. There was no cable service in the area although the AT&T cable providing service to the town 2 miles away crosses my property. Their 'records' do not show any cable.

So now I have satellite TV and an ATT phone plan that allows DirecTV services to be played on my phones including recorded programs - if I only had wireless service. All dressed up and no place to go. Due to the poor installation, my service kept failing. Service techs would come to the area and then drive off. It took months and many hours on the phone until I gave up and hired a DirecTV installer to come out and fix it. I called to get a refund for the months of no service. They took off two weeks of charges because 'that is all they were allowed'. Promises, no delivery - looks like fraud. But they are a large company and apparently above the law.

Worst company. I was paying for a service called protection plan. When my TV broken down, called them, and no one never showed up. Called in twice still didn't show until this day. I paid $20 + $7.99 = $28 every month for 12 month. Ask them to return my money! They said no! My bill jump from $90 to $160??? Told them to cancel my service, they harassed me by saying you know that we are going to charge me a penalty fee! This company need to get sued! I also had problems with their cellphone service so I cancel too. Beware!!!

I am also leaving them. They have been given me run around. They said that I was on package plan, then I received bill for $300.00. I talk to about 10 different times, no help. Disconnected my service. They lost a good customer. Thanks ATT.

Never use DIRECTV, unless you want to pay WAY too much for your services and be locked into the stuck with that crappy services. I am moving in with my boyfriend, and he has another TV service (U-verse) that is SO much better than DIRECTV, so we wanted to keep his TV service and cancel mine. He does not have a contract he is locked into, but apparently I do, which I do not remember being told when I signed up for the 4th year with them. Apparently, I am locked into a 2-year contract and would have to pay $20 per month to cancel for another year. It's crap. That is how they trap you to keep their ** TV service for at least 2 years. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEM. You will hate it. Any TV service is better than DIRECTV.

I was charged $197.00 dollars and was withdrawn from my checking account without notice or without my consent. Turns out I did return the equipment but they took money out anyways. Now I have to wait 30 days to get my money and I was charged (3) overdraft fees of $35 each. This is unacceptable for any company to do especially without notification to the customer before taking MY money. I want DirecTV to cover my overdraft fees.

Good service in good weather. They need to work on keeping service on when big rain storms are going on. Overall a really good company.

They called me to switch over to them and when I told them I still had a contract with another provider they said they would send me 2 gift certificates. One for me and one to cover the cancellation fee for the other company. They sent nothing. I called and they said it was on its way. I called again and they said the 90 days had past. I hate being lied to and I hate that they didn't even try to make it better. I will never go with them again.

When my DIRECTV bill went from $68 to $183, I canceled the service. I erroneously thought that when the promotional price was over, so was the contract. Wrong! According to DIRECTV the promotion was for 12 months while the contract was for 24 --however, the way it is displayed on the initial agreement is very misleading. I certainly would have paid attention to the salespeople at AT&T (where I signed up for DIRECTV) if they had said that the promotional price would only be for 12 months! Buyer beware...

I didn't pay attention to the fine print when I signed up for DirecTV and I definitely regret it now. If you get bad service with them - poor signals, dropped service due to weather, etc - DirecTV doesn't care. There's no getting out of your contract without paying early termination fees, short of trying to take them to court and from what I've heard that doesn't necessarily work either. I'm one year into my contract and I'm moving and I thought I would be able to get out of my contract since I can't have a dish at my new place, but they don't care. They say as long as they're physically able to install a dish they determine that service can be transferred regardless of the fact that the property owner won't allow it.

So now I'm going to owe $200 in early termination fees ($20 per month). You may not have many choices where you are and you may be okay with their policies, all I'm saying is make sure you understand your options and what you're signing up for. Seems like people like to complain about cable companies too, but at least Cox doesn't force you into a contract and that sounds pretty good to me.

The 2 main reasons I signed up for DirecTV was the letter I received from AT&T stating I would receive a $200 reward card AND the unlimited internet for $30. When I called to sign up I was told they didn't see the $200 offer but they would go ahead and sign me up for the $100 & all I would have to do is call back within 2 weeks and speak with customer service to get the other $100. I was also told I was signed up for the unlimited internet but I would have to speak with an AT&T rep for that. I was then transferred and told it was not offered in my area. THAT WAS MY MAIN REASON FOR SWITCHING AND I COULDN'T GET IT? Now after NUMEROUS phone calls to try to get the other $100 gift card I've been told though, 'When you signed up that was all you were told you would receive". I wish I would've just stayed with Dish. I remember why I left DirecTV in the first place many years ago. NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!

DirecTV has been the absolute worst since AT&T bought them... And they weren't great before. I've had them under my husband's name for 11 years or so. We moved and I put it under my name for almost 2 years. Whenever the bill comes it's a different amount. They turn channels on and off whenever they please. I've called three time to cancel! Ignored! I sent my equipment back still the service remained on. Now I check my bank balance to find 164.00 has been stolen from my bank account! Now I call to get it straight yet again and they just send me to some call center in another country. This is not over... They have stolen my kids food money.

So DirecTV brought all of the equipment and hooked it up on their own. Now that my 68 year old mother, with lung issues, is trying to move and terminating service, they refuse to come and get it. They have to send an envelope for each receiver and we have to send it out. She can't get to the receivers and the dust doesn't help her lungs. Oh, we have to be out in 3 days so if the envelopes don't arrive in time, then...? Very poor customer service.

We got talked into DirecTV at a Best Buy! They promised soft inquiry on our credit, no up front one month billing and excellent cable service! Wrong! There was a hard inquiry into our credit, every month they billed one month up front then added late fees and penalties! Then the service was so SHADY! Cloudy or rainy day you can forget having TV or cable! We complained but they gave us NO sympathy or credit! Then we asked them to disconnect us and that's when their harassment began with intrusive phone calls, and emails threatening our credit if we didn't pay up or continued our service!

This is all AT&T! This is the culture of AT&T to ruin your credit and try to EXTORT monies from you! They keep buying all these other companies creating a monopoly so they can rip off consumers for their own financial gain! Please do NOT use direcTV or any AT&T products like internet or cell services! I can tell you their internet is as slow as a turtle walking and their cell towers are OLD and always DOWN! Stay away from AT&T who owns DirecTV! They are about to ruin my credit and their actions is in breach of our contract to give me good working service and civil extortion for trying to steal my money or ruin my credit!

AT&T and DirecTV has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I have been trying to cancel the account for over a month and first they screwed up and only cancelled one part. Now they're saying I owe for an early cancellation when I don't. I've been on the phone for hours and I've gotten accidentally transferred, had to restate my name and information repeatedly, it's been awful. I will never work with this company for the rest of my life. Even if it's the only service on the planet.

DIRECTV Company Profile