toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

I have nothing but high praise for everyone involved in providing me with DIRECTV usage. That includes the person I spoke with on the phone, as well as the technician who installed. Although I was not person who was present during installation, I can say that the person who was, Randy **, told me that the technician was proficient and professional in all phases of the installation. We could not be happier with all phases DIRECTV, from the person who I initially spoke with, the technician who installed, and the final product!!!

So far there are no problems. Installation was on 2/27/16. The picture is clearer than U-Verse and I like the remote. The installer was personable and thorough in being sure I knew how to operate the functions.

I sincerely appreciate the patience in handling my questions. This is a new experience for me. Before calling, I had a sense of frustration. Afterward, I felt relieved. Thanks for the super effort.

After Directv installation in August 2016 had to have another technician come to correct problems. Recently (January 2017) attempted to use VCR/DVD connected to one TV and after many attempts found that it was disconnected and the cables previously used are gone. Contacted Directv and was told that any installation problems have to be reported within 72 hours of installation (nobody ever told us that) and it would cost $49.95 to have the problem corrected by Directv. Needless to say I'll figure it out myself and when my Directv contract expires I will return to Comcast.

I have been a DTV customer for over 21 years. They have always been willing to work with the customer, and they made it their mission to make the customer happy. But not anymore. The customer service on the phone has been terrible. They no longer reward customer loyalty. At the end of December, DTV was in a contract dispute with our local stations. Our FOX and CBS stations were off. I called and asked for the Sunday Ticket service to be enabled on 1-1-17, so I could watch the NFL on the last weekend. The crook at DTV told me that there was a special, "drive for the playoffs" for $99. I reminded him that it was the last week of the NFL season, and I asked if he could activate it for free.

After a few moments, he told me he was activating it. I reminded him that I did not want to order it, and if it was not "free" I did not want it. He assured me that he also enabled a $99 credit so there would be no charge. Great huh? What a company, right? NO!! When we got the bill, there it was, a charge for $99 for sunday ticket! So I call, and get a worker, who tells me that since I asked for a representative to help me with my bill, there was going to be a surcharge of $5! Really? $5 for your screwup???

After hanging up, I finally reached someone with some sense, and she realized that there was an error on their end, and she provided us with the $99 credit as promised. I hope this review is read by someone at Directv, so they will know why we cant wait until our contract expires. They are terrible!!! STAY AWAY!! DONT GET SUCKED IN BECAUSE THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY, AND DONT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYMORE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

After almost 20 years, I canceled my service with Directv. They just don't seem to have the same quality of support and customer service they had before AT&T took over. Many companies cut expense in the area of customer support. In my opinion, AT&T cut deep making them one of the worst. I left Directv for two main reasons. First was NFL Sunday Ticket. They could not answer one single question I threw their way. They advertised Short Cuts one way and then did not deliver. It was one of the main reasons I spent the extra money on the package. It was a 'sorry about your luck' answer. Really bad job with Sunday Ticket AT&T!

The other was weather outages. Sure, I had dealt with it for 20 years. I use to love Directv so much, I could live with it. This year, I lost my feed during some pretty key times of my programming. Now that Directv does not seem to care about me. It is easy to say goodbye. Before calling Directv to cancel my service, I had already installed Xfinity. The guy taking my request was very professional and did a fine job. He did acknowledge my 20 years of service. One thing I did find interesting is that he did say, "I am really sorry but there is nothing I can offer you to keep you as a Directv customer". Hats off to this guy's good service and his honesty. Disappointed that AT&T did not care. One last thing. I had been paying $300 plus for several years for NFL Sunday Ticket. Every time I saw the ad offering to new customers for free, it really bothered me. Almost 20 years as a great customer, and I know longer mattered.

I've had Directv for 2 years. Last year they added NFL Sunday ticket without asking, we don't watch football. I noticed 4 months later that I was being charged an additional 59.99 a month. So I finally got it removed but never refunded. Now guess what they did it again, added that NFL Sunday ticket. But will not remove it because they said the computer won't let them. Wow really a computer tells you what to do. So all in all I've been screwed out of 700.00 dollars. There has to be a way to sue these guys, you can't just add programming without consent, isn't that theft.

I opened a 2 year account with DIRECTV for Cable and Internet in 2014. In 2016, when I decided to switch providers, I paid my account in full and THOUGHT everything was settled since my 2 year contract was up and I had no balance... boy was I wrong. A year later I am still trying to settle a dispute with them and the credit bureaus because they told me that I had to pay an additional cancellation fee then they told me I did not return all the equipment, when I had. I have had multiple customer service reps hang up on me because I asked to speak to a manager and they refused to transfer me to a manager. I will NEVER deal with this company ever again no matter how good of a "signing up" incentive that they offer.

This company has men and women set up in stores and malls telling folks how new tech knowledge has made it so you wont lose signal, then all these channels. What they don't tell you is that they are lying. Extra channels at a price. They tell you anything to get you to sign on the line, then they forget customer service or what they lied to you about. When you finally do get hold of them they tell you that they are not them but contractors they hire to sell the product. Well if you pay them for a service, you are responsible for what they tell people. I am sick of this crap and hope or wish everyone would cancelled their contract and not pay a fee. It would cost them millions to sue everyone and a class action law suit is what is needed. Done with these lies. I could go on and on but if you are contemplating Directv think again please.

After a perfect installation and prompt billing - of course - I became convinced that the charges for the minimum service package were outrageous and sure enough after canceling all services and returning to a simple antenna plus internet I am a happy TV user again. Big surprise upon returning all their equipment - an offer for reinstate the service for $19.99/month vs the earlier charge of close to $100 - per month. If this does not convince anyone of a rip-off business, you must be not too bright! So much for responsible business practices.

I tried for days to subscribe to their special offer. Dozens of efforts to contact customer service were fruitless; it's outsourced, and all paste scripted replies that had nothing to do with my concerns. Apparently, DIRECTV has no intention of honoring its promotion. Attached are two screenshots: the first offers the promotional price of $35/month; the second demands $60 per month.

I cancelled my service with Directv. However, Directv claims they never received a cancellation. How do you explain the boxes to return all the equipment. I was billed for a full month when I cancelled service 10 days before my current month was finished. To makes matters worse they just stole $101.22 from my checking account and claim it is to pay for services I never received. How can a company just steal money out of my checking account and not be held accountable. Warning... If you leave Directv for another company they will steal directly out of your checking account. This should be against the law. Shame on you Directv. As far as I'm concerned that's the same as taking my wallet out of my back pocket and running. Thieves...

We had Directv installed in July of 2016. At that time we was told that we would be in a lock in price. Now we have to call every month to deal with some sort of billing error. Our bill has never been right and it usually takes at least 2-3 hours for them to get the bill straight. They usually start by saying it's a late fee but have never been late on a payment since it comes out of the bank directly to them. This is a never ending problem and it always takes numerous people to ever get anything done. I am very disappointed in the service of this company and can't wait to be done with it and go back to Dish or just my local cable company. I will never have them again. Not worth the problems we go through every month. Never again!!!

I should have known I'd have problems with Directv based on my parents experience when I was still in middle/high school. I purchased a package under the two year contract. My bill was $70 per month, but there was a special where the first year it would be 40 bucks. So why was my first bill 80 dollars? Because they have a RIDICULOUS amount of hidden fees (And I don't even have wifi!!! That's another 50 bucks, with more hidden fees I'm sure). And now that I'm in the second year, my bill $120. It is outrageous. Being a young adult who has been living on her own since 18, I don't have a lot of extra money to be paying the copious amounts of hidden fees.

I really wish I was told I was going to be screwed over before buying, because I feel cheated and upset. And broke. And not to mention half the shows 'accidentally' don't get recorded, so some channels (that I give my arm and leg for) are just blacked out. Or when the company gets in some feud with a network so they black out the freaking football game. All I can say is I'm sick of Directv, and I'd recommend trying to find a better service. Unless you have a lot of money you want to waste on something totally not worth it, go for it. The only good thing I can say is customer service and the installation people are nice.

I got Directv service in August of 2015. They required that I give them a $350 deposit. I gave them authorization to take that from my account and they took it 3x within 5 minutes -- which over-drew my account. It took me about a month to get that straightened out. I never even received an apology from them. SEVERAL times they've added premium channels to my bill, without my permission. I have not been compensated fully for those charges.

For the past (at least) 6 months I've been unable to view my bill online. Their reason? That I had a payment returned (bounced check) to them. That is NOT true -- never bounced a check to them or anyone else. ALSO, I have never received the $200 prepaid Visa promised to me for signing up with them. When I spoke with "Ronnie" from Directv "office of the president" yesterday, he said they "had no proof or notation" that I ever asked about the gift card and "since it's been over a year, they cannot honor that offer." (I guess it's my fault their customer service reps didn't notate my account!)

Lastly, about a month ago, my service was terminated. After several phone calls, I was told that I had disputed the payment I had just made a week earlier, with my bank (PayPal). I explained that NO, I had not disputed anything. I was told to have PayPal call them (3-way call with me on the line) verifying that I had not disputed it and they'd immediately reinstate my service. I did just that then was told to send them a copy of transactions from my account, showing I had paid but not disputed the charge, and have service as soon as they got it. I did that within 30 minutes. It's turned into almost a month and still NO tv service.

I have (no exaggeration) phoned Directv AT LEAST 20 times over this matter. My account is still not viewable online. I have tried every possible way to get this matter resolved and no luck. I even tried to message them via Facebook and was told my account was "flagged for fraudulent activity". I have never been treated so badly by any place I have ever done business with. I will NEVER recommend anyone get their service -- ever! (And, I guess I should also add that "Ronnie" did not apologize for their mistakes, either. I felt as though he was quite condescending, esp. when it came to the issue of the gift card. Who would not ask about $200 you were waiting for? Having television service is a luxury to me, not a necessity.

Spent an hour and a half dealing with customer "service" and never got close to a solution... Just an argumentative rep who struggled with English. Overpriced and under serviced company. Going back to DISH, it's a much better option!

I had hoped to simply add an additional mini- Genie to my service and was appalled that they wanted $99 plus $20 shipping and whatever taxes were applicable. Then I would also be charged $7 a month more. Their service agents were not helpful for a long standing customer. Consider digital cable as their service likely will be better and they will treat like a customer rather than a hostage.

I have had Directv service for 14 years with excellent results including 2 moves. Last September a AT&T phone sales office explained how they could save me over $120 if I would bundle... That was a lie as was everything else from then on. I am still having problems later after over $800 in extra charges all the while paying my monthly bill on time as always. These people have a license to steal... You cannot get out of a 2 year contract. Programming sucks; not what promised. According to 1 Directv rep AT&T committed fraud by opening another account for me by re-arranging my name. They closed my original acct and whatever you ask from this point on went wrong... No co-operation, unfriendly, unauthorized withdrawals from my bank acct etc.

I have read the other numerous complaints on here & do not doubt any of them. This all started with bundle. DO NOT BUNDLE.... IT IS A TRICK & SCAM. You are forced to sign a 2-year agreement and then you belong to them & NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!! Get rid of these people ASAP!!! BEWARE!!! May God bless all.

I signed up for DirecTV and a traditional landline with AT&T. I have spent AT LEAST 4 hours on the phone with "customer service" agents and, when I don't get cut off, no one can seem to answer any questions. These people are idiots and that is putting it kindly.

My bill went from $42 to $99.27. I called many times I got disconnected 2 times after what they said they will transfer me. The other 2 times I was on hold to speak to a manager. I was on hold for about 40 minutes, I never talked to anybody. Nobody seem to want to help, they just want your money. They will add HBO they say no charge but you will be charged, and if you cancel charged also. I will make sure that I cancel, and go with different company. It's just not worth calling every day to solve a problem. DO NOT GO WITH DIRECTV!!! (HEADACHE.)

I've had DirecTV since 2012. In September of 2016 we moved to a new address and we called to cancel our service. A sales agent offered us to a great deal at only $30 per month for 12 months to stay but we would have to get a new 2 year contract. Great, no problem! How could we pass up that deal right? Well not even 4 months into this new contract our monthly service fee has went up to $83. We've again spent hours on the phone trying to take care of this. Come to find out they were charging us for 2 more dvr boxes that we didn't have and also raised our service fee because according to them the 12 months started at our previous address. It's so sad that they can do this people. Why in the world would we have extended another 2 year agreement if there was no incentive for us? As far as the service with the tvs I haven't had an issue but customer service on the other hand is just sad and misleading.

I signed up for their online service less than seven days ago under the premise that seven days were a free trial. I just cancelled and was told I was billed for a month because they counted the day I signed up and today, making eight days total, even though it was less than seven days from the time I signed up. They refused to refund my money because they said this was disclosed in the fine print of the confirmation email. It's not reasonable in my opinion to do business in an underhanded way like that and therefore I will never be doing business with them again.

The install was awesome. Playback on Demand started glitching during shows right at the punch line (I am using a 60" Vizio smart tv 4000k). Worked with my internet provider. Internet was working great. Smart tv wouldn't drop. The internet the receiver would. Customer service stated, "Huh interesting." DirecTV receiver hard drive failed. Promised overnight shipping. It took 4 days. Then they dropped the local channels due to a dispute and I could not watch the playoffs at home. They said, "We're working on it." Dish did the same thing with the RedZone channel and it only increased $3 a month but never dropped the RedZone. To top it all off they only offered a whopping $5 off a month for a few months to try and keep me. I won't discredit my review by naming who I switched to but DirecTV I think has forgotten that the customer is why they are in business. Former DirecTV customer.

We love DirecTV but sadly had the worst experience ever when ATT acquired them. We accepted their Uverse offer of combined internet & tv. The monthly cost was supposed to be $134. They sent a gift card for $200 then demanded it back as a part of a $330 "combined billing process" then assured us they had it taken care of - until the next month bill of $277 "because that double bill cycle just happens with new accounts but just pay your internet bill next month & it will be cleared up." Next bill $277 - because "we didn't understand the process and missed payment" followed by a demand of $99 and new bill of $277. Service mistakes had to be repaired and our DirecTV was constantly being disrupted & going offline.

Yesterday we pulled the whole thing out of our house and canceled the service. The phone rep refused to tell me where to return the equipment. Now I'm sending every piece of paper I have to the attorney general. Sad loss of a good provider. I was told it was a mystery. No one else had the problem. I have since seen 641 complaints about the same thing in Texas alone. ATT has ruined DirecTV in Texas and is systematically using their customer base for a financial scam.

I was having trouble with my DIRECTV DVR. DIRECTV sent out 2 technicians. We discussed that we didn't have HD. They suggested I get it. I asked how much more per month it would be. They didn't know and called in to get pricing. At the beginning of the call the automated voice states that all calls are recorded. A real person comes on and says for us to upgrade to HD our bill would go up $10.00 per month. I questioned her to make sure it would only go up $10.00 per month. Again she confirmed only $10.00 per month. We agreed to the service. It was installed.

Everything was good until I received my first bill. My bill in October before the upgrade was $122.52. My first bill after the upgrade was $140.09. The bills after that have been $137.16. It's $5.00 per month more than they quoted. It doesn't sound like much but when you consider I am now tied to DIRECTV for 2 years. If I cancel they will charge me a ridiculous cancellation fee. I called several times today and was offered a couple of different resolutions. None that would equal the $5.00 per month overcharge. I finally spoke with Shaniqua (sp?) in the customer loyalty department. She actually said "I see where you were told $10.00 a month." But would not agree to adjust my bill or cancel my service without the cancellation fee. How is this legal. They are holding me to a 2 year contract but they lied about the cost.

I have never dealt with such lousy customer service in my life, poor products. Just to start I received a "new" DVR for my master bedroom and after 2 different products it still didn't work, and after being a "valued" customer since 2006 my bill was $164 a month. So I called and tried to resolve all the issues, nothing worked.

I then call Dish Network. I receive not only great customer service, but a reasonable 2 year plan with great channels and same day installation. So I call DirecTv to cancel my service, not only was I on hold for 37 minutes but had a very rude customer service representative whom said and I quote "ok cool" as I asked to be disconnected, and I knew I never was or would be a "valued customer". Which mind you is the biggest lie that's ever been told. But how you can not care about losing business, but also a veteran customer of 11 years who's dealt with price hikes, rude customer service representatives, loss of valued channels I and my family loved. But I also referred friends and family, endured ridiculous hold times. But yet I stayed, I hoped it would get better. Then to be treated as trash and to be swept under the rug like yesterday's garbage just blows my mind, I didn't matter. Nobody matters to these people!!!

Loss of NBC broadcasting in New Orleans and Metairie, LA. We want a discount off of our service fees. We have had DirecTV here since 2002 and in Littleton, CO prior to that. Channel 6 is no longer available and we are missing a lot of our preferred programming. We're ready to cancel this lousy service and are wondering why DirecTV and the "local owner" cannot agree. Can you provide us with a discount since we're really not getting what we paid for? This is ridiculous service.

Worst, worst, worst mistake ever signing up with DirecTV. Just to save a few dollars. Trust me you DON'T save $$. Always dropping prime channels and hope it doesn't rain or snow you won't get any service! Then try to cancel your service. Worst experience ever! Three days and still trying to get to speak to someone regarding the cancellation fees. Good luck to the next sucker who signs up with them.

Dishonest billing practices. It took 9 months to get a bill with the correct charges. They would pass me from AT&T to DirecTV without any resolution until I'd make a BBB complaint. It's the worst customer experience imaginable and it's impossible to get any support. You will spend hours on the phone trying to get support. Also, they provide horrible internet coverage through AT&T. The wireless isn't strong unless you are in the room with the router.

Many people switch from their current provider perhaps in search of better pricing, service or newer technology. For me I wanted to support the company I once worked for and get a price break at the same time. At first this seemed like a great idea. I would be switching from an older 3 dual receiver version with DVR of Dish to the new Genie technology. My new equipment also provided 4k to a new 70" TV purchased for Christmas. I locked into the $69.95 teaser 2-year rate and the installation began. A 6 TV system including the latest HR 54 Genie DVR, 4K Genie client and 4 C51 Clients. Then the deficiency of the DirecTV technology began to show up. Keep in mind this is a comparison of the latest and greatest Direct Technology vs 7-year-old and now obsolete Dish technology.

Even though there were receivers dedicated to each of the 6 TV's only 4 could be watched at once, not a major issue but one that would be a problem for a big family. The Genie remote can only control the Satellite receiver, TV volume and input, nothing else and no universal remote is available from Direct. Dish has a universal remote allowing things like DVD players and external amps or soundbars to be controlled. The Genie remotes are clunky and non-intuitive. Your only solution here is to drop extra coin on Harmony Universal remotes.

The Guide is loaded with advertisements and lots of other junk that clutters things up. You can request Direct to remove most of this stuff but you will still need to spend hours building a custom menu. This is necessary otherwise you will be seeing stuff on the guide you would have to authorize payment for and just to eliminate to other garbage you have no interest in. The guide is clumsy and cluttered compared to Dish.

Using the search function to find a show or movie will many times bring up channels you are not paying for thus starting the "do you want to buy this" routine. No way to just display searches on channels you are authorized to receive. No Caller ID, Direct removed the ability to see who's calling your directly on your TV screen. This is technology going backwards if you ask me! Nothing like the phone ringing in the middle of an important game. Broadcasts that are in 4:3 display that way on a 16:1 TV, the Dish receiver has a button to extend and/or zoom the display to completely fill your TV's screen. With the Genie or clients you're stuck with 1/3 of your screen unfilled.

None of the Genie's or clients have a coaxial output, only HDMI or component/composite. You can not feed another room or distribution panel with a signal to allow another remote TV to be hooked up. Let say you have 2 TV's in the same room (such as a media wall), the only way to have separate control over each box is to set one to IR, the other to RF then place black tape over the Genie using RF. Apparently even though the receiver is set to RF it still responds to IR as well. This solution I came up with myself as DirecTV tech support had no clue how to resolve it.

A signal splitter was installed in my distribution panel, they way it is designed it was impossible to close the cabinet doors because the cables going to the receivers was jammed up against it. The fix, off to best buy to buy eight 90 degree coax adaptors. Not something covered by installation. In all fairness I must acknowledge the picture was sharper with the Direct system especially on the 4K TV. I was able to record from any TV vs only 2 in the Dish system. The new receivers were very compact and easy to install close to the TV they were provided service to. In some cases you could velcro them to the back of the TV itself.

The final issue and the one that broke the camels back: I still was trying to clean up the installation issues, things such as no sound of a TV (an issue of an older DVI input) and wrong display resolution on one of the big screens. I was concerned about not being able to resolve the issues and being stuck with this system. I called customer service and was told I had 24 hours to refuse the resend the contract. I told them there were still technical issues that had not been resolved on their end. I was told it didn't make any difference and no extensions could be given. Needless to say I told them to come and get their stuff.

In closing I would like to mention a few things. Direct Customer Support was always kind and pleasant even when I told them to come get their system. I wish I had been able to compare the current Hopper/Joey system to the Genie but I have a feeling the hopper would have literally blown the Genie away. I am sure some of the issues could have been resolved with time if I had had the chance but this was not to be allowed by DirecTV because of the 24-hour cancellation window. When it was all said and done I was the one that re-installed the Dish system. DirecTV sent me a return kit in the mail. I packaged up the Genie system and delivered it to my local post office. I am told I should receive my installation fees and the 1 month I paid for minus a 24-hour prorate charge. We shall see.

Moral of the story, before switching do your homework. Identify features you cannot live without and make absolutely sure the new system will provide the same functionality. Verify all costs for both the installation and the service. In my case they tried to charge me for the dish they placed on the roof saying it was not part of the installation. DO NOT allow the installer to leave without resolving ALL your issues as once they walk out the door the clock starts. After 24 hours YOU are stuck with a contract and the mess you may have! Good luck!

DIRECTV Company Profile