Consumer Reviews

• 4 stars11%
  • 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars17%

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

I have nothing but high praise for everyone involved in providing me with DIRECTV usage. That includes the person I spoke with on the phone, as well as the technician who installed. Although I was not person who was present during installation, I can say that the person who was, Randy **, told me that the technician was proficient and professional in all phases of the installation. We could not be happier with all phases DIRECTV, from the person who I initially spoke with, the technician who installed, and the final product!!!

So far there are no problems. Installation was on 2/27/16. The picture is clearer than U-Verse and I like the remote. The installer was personable and thorough in being sure I knew how to operate the functions.

I sincerely appreciate the patience in handling my questions. This is a new experience for me. Before calling, I had a sense of frustration. Afterward, I felt relieved. Thanks for the super effort.

Was very pleased with the help and politeness/friendly attitude!

The gentleman from El Paso was super! He was very knowledgeable and polite.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

I was a DirecTV customer for two years, then moved and put my DirecTV service on hold for nearly a year. When I contacted DirecTV to fulfill the remaining year on my original contract, they offered me the premium channels free for 3 months and Sunday NFL Ticket free as well. On my first bill I noticed a charge for $43.19 for premium channels. I called to contest the charge. To finally get the credit on my next bill, it took five calls, countless transfers to the wrong department, numerous long waits, two returned calls and lots of repeating due to foreign accents or the representative not understanding my question. The entire time, the representatives complimented me for my patience in waiting and for being a loyal customer. I heard this so many times that I began rolling my eyes when they said it.

And when they finally tried to make it right, they tried offering me less than the full amount. "I can offer to credit your account $10/month for two months." I asked to speak with someone who could offer me the full amount. The same representative immediately offered me the full amount and said that it will be credited on my next statement. He was reading off a script. He was instructed to offer me less. This is bad policy.

Sometime in the year that I left DirecTV and returned, AT&T merged with DirecTV. Customer service used to be good. Now it isn't. Representatives have been trained to profusely apologize but not to serve customers. DirecTV has lost my trust. They have made me a wary consumer who will be watching every line of my bill every month. I will not be recommending their services to others. This wasn't the case before. What happened to the well-trained DirecTV customer service staff? They have almost lost a customer. In fact, I could have gone with cable for cheaper and when my contract is up, I probably will.

Sign up w/ Direct - Personnel knowledgeable of service requested and very polite.

I thank all of the help that they have been to me. Love the service. Just wish I could keep the same price for my service next year and still have NFL package.

Overall I'm satisfy with the services. It's just that the installation part take too long. Overall I'm happy right now. Just hope when I start services nothing changes.

When I signed up for DirecTV 12 months ago, they indicated that my monthly bill would go up $10 after the end of the promotion period. It went up $49. I tried to work things out with them, but to no avail. When I canceled the account, they charged me a $220 cancellation fee. Don't believe what the sales people tell you. They lied! Read the contract carefully.

If it wasn't for how big of a football fan my household is I would NOT have DirecTv. Time and time again I have been told one thing and promised one thing then charged for another. First time I moved I was told that my next time that I moved I would not have a charge. Then told that was not true and that I was being charged $600 for moving again. When I then moved for the second time I was charged before I got anything installed. At this point my home doesn't have TV. The installer came and said that if I waited a month that I would not be charged for moving or getting two more receivers and that I would not be charged for his visit that day and that $600 will be retroactive.

So when I called a month later to have it installed they tried to force me to pay the $600 before they came to my house! I don't even have service yet. With customer service I just continue to get shuffled around and told "it's in the account notes they can credit it back to you so you can get your service installed". After hours and hours of this I finally got $300 credited back. But that's it. They now are making me pay the $300 for my service to be turned on and installed. I've gone 2 months without service no past due. That's not even talking about the lies I've been told about NFL ticket like how I was not going to be charged until 2017 and now being told I am paying $44 a month for it? This is ridiculous. I want my problem rectified and I'm just continuing to be lied to.

I was very pleased with everything.

When I order the service with ATT, because they offer a better price, they convince to made only one bill with three services, Cable, Internet and Residential phone, but never after 4 months. I have to pay more than I was paying with the other company. DirecTV is BAD. Now I stuck with then for 2 years. I very dissatisfied. Never never again I going to contract directv.

I signed up for DirecTV at Walmart for the 200 dollar Walmart gift card. At the time I already had dish (which I had no problems with). The representative that work with signing me up told me to send in this paper along with my activation paper which I did. Months later I still don't have the gift card and DirecTV states "that there was no promotion going on at that time" but will credit me $200 on my account. Which is an OK jester. But I'm still a dissatisfied customer because that's not what I agreed upon. I will be ending my services from DirecTV as soon as the 200 credit is over. So for future customers that signed up for the $200 Walmart gift card just know it might not be a gift card you're signing up for. It might just be a $200 credit on your account.

Very easy to get set up!

I have email confirmation from February 20, 2016 saying to remove MLB extra innings which was an incentive of the new package for 12 months and it was my responsibility to cancel after 1year. After looking at my current bill I discovered they charged me $28.99 monthly in April, May, June, and July of 2016. After 2 hours on the phone with different customer service agents I was told all they could offer me was 1/2 of the charges back. AND told me I should watch my bill for charges, REALLY? I thought Directv was an upstanding business. Stealing money on customer bills is not good!

The initial rep who took the 1st call for service was great (DirecTV install for 8/25/16)! Then I called back 2 days later asked a few questions and found I qualify for unlimited data service because I have so much of your products! I hope I qualify for the Loyal Client of the year award. I have been a faithful client since cell phones became the new way to communicate! Hope the feedback was helpful! Hope someone really reads this! Most of all keep me a Happy Client!!!

My boyfriend and I signed up for DirecTV because we were not happy with UVERSE. I was told when I signed up that there would be a cancellation fee if I terminated early. Ok, no problem. The technician came to install my service, and informed me that I would have to pay him $10 cash for a converter, because it was his personal equipment. I paid it. The service was awful. The streaming for on demand didn't work most of the time, the customer service people were very rude, and no one seemed concerned that I had to shell out cash for what was supposed to be a free install.

They asked if I would like the protection plan for $7 a month. I told them I didn't know, so they said they would send me information. They charged me for it on my next bill, and I mentioned this to the service representative when I called about my service being down. Again, nothing anyone was concerned with, so I thought it was a normal charge. It wasn't. I paid the bill with my debit card, because it was more convenient to do that than to wait for my boyfriend to get home to use his. I never signed up for auto-pay, even though they hounded me to do that.

Fast forward to July 6. I called to have my service cut off because the bills were never the same two months in a row, and were higher than I was told they would be. At that time (and not before), I was told that in 44 days, they would automatically take the cancellation fee from my bank account. I told them that I did not authorize that, and was told at that time that it was in the contract that I signed (which I didn't sign, and no contract came to our house until after the installation). I told the service person that no, I didn't, at which point she got very aggressive and hateful. (Her name is Susan, by the way). So, I called my bank, and was told there was nothing they could do until the charge came in.

On August 15, I called DirecTV again, and explained to them that they didn't have authorization to take anything out of my account, and that I didn't have the money to pay the $527 that they wanted, and could we make arrangements to get this paid? Sure, they said. No problem, they said. I was told I would have 90 days from the date of disconnect. On August 16, I got an email that they would be debiting my account in 5 days. I called again, and spoke to a man named Andre (Or Dondre. He was hard to understand). I was told it was ok, the emails are auto-generated, and not to worry, that they had a note on my account. On August 21, I woke up to my bank account being $374 overdrawn. I called DirecTV again. The first person I spoke to had to transfer me, where I was told that they would give me my money back if I would reconnect (yeah, THAT'S happening).

When I told the woman that no, I don't want the service, she said she would speak to the supervisor, and she hung up on me. I called back, and was transferred to Susan, who was just as hateful as the first time I spoke to her. I got hung up on again. I called AGAIN, and finally spoke to a supervisor (who I don't believe gave me her name) and was told that they don't make payment arrangements, and that I hadn't done what I told her I did. So now, thanks to their thievery, I am currently $590 overdrawn on my account due to fees from payments that would have been covered, had DirecTV not put their grubby, lying, sneaky little hands in my account. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. THEY WILL LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY, CLAIMING IT AS THEIRS.

Installation - The reps answered all of my questions.

I'm so glad I chose to have new service with DIRECTV. I've had previous satellite service before and it was terrible. I feel very comfortable that I made the decision to switch and I'll be a long customer of DIRECTV! Thank you so much.

The tech did a great job putting in my DirecTV and was a great guy.

Customer service - Very helpful. Answered all questions.

We opened a new account with DirecTV in 2011. We previously had an account with them for about 6 years when my wife and I were full time RVers. We moved to a rural area in 2013 and due to a combination of tree locations and satellite positions, we were unable to use DirecTV. DirecTV convinced me to put my account on hold and we switched to Dish Network. In 2015 we moved again and when our 2 year commitment with Dish was satisfied, DirecTV offered us 7 months of discounted programming, NFL Sunday Ticket and 3 months of HBO, Showtime, etc. to return to DirecTV. We returned to DirecTV in August 2015.

With the advent of Dish Network's guaranteed price for 2 years and our dissatisfaction with the quality of the programming we are receiving for the monthly cost, we decided to return to Dish. When I called to terminate my service, I was told that I incurred a 24 month obligation when I reactivated my account in 2015. They would charge me $220 (11 months) for early termination. The fact that I had previously satisfied my initial agreement in 2011-2013 had no bearing on the situation. If this is their policy, they should advise their customers. I have marked July 1, 2017 on my calendar to call DirecTV to cancel for good. After 10 years of service, they will never hear from me again. If I get a monetary offer from Dish to switch, I will use it for so called early termination fees.

Went up automatically on my bill without notice. Had to call in and cancel. Then did not honor what representative had said. Not honest and not customer service oriented. Pay attention to your bill for hidden fees. Makes it difficult to return equipment. All equipment must be mailed and customers must wait for them to send information and then customer must make sure that they are not billed for equipment. They have not made returns a seamless process. You are prohibited from taking it to the location from which you purchased the equipment. It is a very sterile environment that I will refrain for utilizing in the future.

Loved my experience over the Philadelphia. Best experience.

Very satisfied with handling the installation.

Apparently DirecTV can sell their product through third parties in bundles. I purchased a bundle to save on Internet and cable. I personally don't ever watch commercial tv or cable, but the savings offered were catchy. After installing a dish in a rental home (which was supposed to be on a pole) and realizing that the Internet service didn't reach out to my area I called to cancel. They said that since I purchased through a 3rd party I couldn't cancel my account and the bundle (which at this point was no bundle at all). They wanted me to pay 480 to cancel... That's a ton of money for a service not ever being used... I apparently couldn't get rid of the service until after 2 years... So then I didn't have a bundle price and I had cable... which wasn't being used. This is a robbery. I tried to figure out what I could do pleading them to understand my case... The only response I got was pay your fee...

This company is outrageously taking advantage of consumers. I can't believe I fell for a stupid contract which (I didn't even know they did contract) I can't cancel because of the hefty fees. And get this... I can suspend the account and transfer it to someone but the special they offered expires within the two years... So you almost have to pay a monthly fee for cable not being watched to make sure your prices don't escalate. This is the worst situation I have ever had to deal with in my life. Be careful people, they will screw you to get money. I'm surprised they still get business.

I had DTV in Chicago, and the overall offerings and service much better than Comcast.

While your AT&T installation tell him was very knowledgeable, customer service and the multiple contacts made to AT&T were time-consuming and frustrating. Your tech made the issue bearable. Thank you Bryant, for smoothing over the tense issue of a job modifications and your perseverance to resolution.

Very happy with the help I was given.

DIRECTV Company Profile