DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wish there was a choice for no stars!!! They don't deserve the one star I gave them. I activated my service in August and paid for my chosen plan plus activation fees. I didn't receive my September bill; so I called to find out what my September chargers where. When I called the automated service informed me of my current charges. Then October comes around, and I receive my bill, which was double from what it was told when I activated my services. So I called customer service to get a better understanding onto why I was being charged DOUBLE OF WHAT MY BILL SHOULD BE!!!

First, I spoke with Julio, who couldn't speak English, and wanted to talk over me (highly annoying)! My call with Julio was disconnected. Second call was with Yel. Well, she was from the Philippines and couldn't speak a once of English. I asked for a Supervisor. I was told that a Supervisor would be available for 30 minutes, because they were experiencing a high call volume (maybe they should consider employing staff from the United States)! Angela, Supervisor, called me so I could better understand why I was being charged double from what I was informed when I signed up with DirecTV.

First, off I was charged for a service I never agreed upon. Angela couldn't explain to me in a respectful manner why I was being overcharged. She informed me, "You're being charged ** amount, because of the overcharge from last month." I kept explaining to her that the automated system didn't accurately give me the correct amount, and as consumer it isn't right to overcharge me by double. I then asked for the Corporate office, because I feel that she was being very disrespectful, and would over talk when I was trying to explain what really occurred.

Angela, informed me that they didn't have a Corporate office number (which I find very hard to believe whenever cooperation has Corporate office). I also asked to speak to a Manager, and she said they don't deal with customer complaints. I then asked when I could discontinue my services with DirecTV (dishonest TV). She then informed me that I signed a 2-year contract (with was not informed correctly to my husband and I at activation). I asked why I never received a copy of our activation agreement! I demanded that one be mailed to my address.

Also, I was informed that I would receive a $100 reward for signing onto this highly dishonest company. Oh, I haven't received yet!!! I've been with them almost 3 months. If you're a new customer DON'T SIGN UP WITH DIRECTV!!! I will inform my friends and family to NEVER sign onto this HIGHLY DISHONEST COMPANY!!! I will be calling my local Better Business Bureau to file a complaint with them as well! This isn't the end of this highly dissatisfied consumer!

Absolute the worst company on the planet. Mistake was getting them for free football package. Dish installed wrong. Every time it rained it went out. Programs they promise is upgrade, receivers are upgrades. Bill suppose to be 80 a month winds up 140 for the same as cable charge for they lie about billing. Been on phone with them for over two hours going from dept to dept to fix overcharge bill. Stay away from this company. Bad news.

I was entertaining a date with a movie on demand. The choices were a joke. Nothing I even heard of and only a few to choose. Some I picked I couldn't get because I didn't subscribe to that channel and I was willing to pay for the movie. I found a movie I could get, was charged $5.99 and it was the worst garbage I ever saw. I wouldn't watch it all if they paid me. It was a total waste of time and money.

AT&T, and with them now that they have combined DirecTV, is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I will try to summarize everything that they have done concisely but the point I am trying to get across is DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY BY ANY MEANS. So basically, we had DirecTV back in 2012. After staying with them for 2 years and having the price increase every year, we decided to switch to AT&T U-verse in November 2014. Soon after, AT&T bought DirecTV and in March 2015, an AT&T employee came to our house and said we had to switch back to DirecTV. After the switch, we continued to pay our bills through our AT&T account, which was under my wife's name. We soon discovered though that we were being charged twice because they reactivated our old DirecTV account under my name and kept charging both accounts for the same service.

It took over a year for that to stop and for us to get our money back (after filing over 3 complaints, each one getting "lost"). But that is just the first issue... In July 2017, we moved to a new neighborhood that does not offer DirecTV or AT&T. I called AT&T to cancel both and was told they were cancelled. A month later, I got a full bill from DirecTV for August to September with NFL Sunday Ticket (never ordered) for $175. I called saying that I had cancelled that service and was told that they would cancel NFL Sunday Ticket, waive the Early Cancellation Fee since I was under the guidelines of moving to a neighborhood that did not offer their service and not charge for the month that I was not there (the confusion apparently comes from having to cancel both AT&T and DirecTV separately despite them being the same company now).

A month after that call, I received another bill. The service had been cancelled and the extra month removed but I had to pay the Early Cancellation Fee and for NFL Sunday Ticket. I called and they cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket but had to bump up the Early Cancellation Fee to someone else. They called a couple weeks later and said they would not waive anything despite me moving to a neighborhood that does not offer their services and it being in the guidelines that they would waive the fee under those circumstances. This is kind of a long review so in summary, DirecTV and AT&T do not care about customer service in the slightest and will do everything in their power to harm you. Please, do not use purchase their services.

Recently signed up for DIRECTV. Was told I would receive movie channels free for 3 months and Sunday Ticket free for one year. Made 3 separate calls on different days to remedy this. Initial call told me I could not have what was promised. Second call was told I could have only 2 of the 4 promised movie channels for free and told I was given the NFL ticket. No ticket was activated and I was charged for the 2 supposed free movie channels. On my third call I was transferred and then disconnected twice! On 3rd callback was on hold 1 hour and 28 minutes!! At this point my issues were at last resolved. My frustration is the very very long wait times and the inability to correct my issue on the 1st call. I expect more from the nations "#1 satellite TV provider". Very disappointed!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

In May 2017 I called DirecTV to start a contract. I could not afford anything they offered so declined the service. The salesperson said, "Let me see what I can do." He reduced the monthly fee and offered me one year of the NFL ticket for free for 1 year. He stated that after a year I would be charged for the NFL ticket and that if I didn't want it that I'd need to cancel. I agreed and accepted the 2 year contract and the specified fee. So now here we are in September 2017 and football season has began. Guess what? I don't have the NFL ticket.

I made a call to DirecTV and was told there is nothing in their notes that reflect that offer and if I want it I'd have to pay for it. I'm so disappointed in how a representative would lie to me to make a sale and I have no way of proving it either. But, what I am going to do is switch to another company and never give my business again. I'm extremely dissatisfied since I explained to the representative that I could not afford even the basic service and feel I was manipulated into signing a contract and DirecTV if not fulfilling their end of the agreement.

Signed up for Directv and was told there would be a $19 charge. They took $597.50 out of my account! No one authorized this, which means they stole $597.50 from me. My wife and I spent an hour on the phone and were hung up on twice while being "transferred." 3-5 days to get this money back is completely unacceptable. Not sure why it only took them a day to steal almost $600 from my account but it's going to take 3-5 days to put it back.

I am usually a laid back person but tonight I must rant. For all you DirecTV users your company sucks. I for one do not use DirecTV services. They install their equipment and apparently have nothing to do with it after that. I have a wire and a satellite hanging in back of my house and they will not send anyone to remove it because I am not a DirecTV subscriber. They told me there is nothing they can do for me. Wtf I didn't install your damn satellite on my property. #neverusedirectv #theydontcareunlessyoupay

I was looking for the best way to get Television back into the house. So I looked at Dish Network and DirecTV.... Well at the time I called DirecTV had a great package deal going on. For $100 I could get programming, internet, and home phone for a total of $110 a month for 24 months and a gift card for $150. Well guess what. Nope. Wrong... come to find out I couldn't get that deal due to I wasn't an AT&T cellphone subscriber so they told me I could have the programming for 2 years at $50 which was cool...

Then I was looking at my bill on the second month I noticed it said price for 10 months.... they were actually counting down my months until a year was up. So I called them about that situation. They told me that I was only going to get the programming for a year at that price $50... I turned around and told them are you kidding me. I have been lied to constantly right from the get go. So the representative went and talked to her supervisor. He came on the phone with her and told me if I pay my bill on time every month for the first year he would find discounts for me so my bill would stay the same for the next year. Well my year was up in August.... guess what my payment is now. $83 a month... I called to find out where my discount was for paying my bill on time. They told me there wasn't no such discount and there isn't any discounts for me due to I am not an AT&T customer.

All I can say is I do love my service from DirecTV. Love my DVR. It's great can record my favorite shows not miss them when I am not home.... The lying and the customer service and the representatives who sell the programs are just such a negative customer service that I can't wait for my next year to be over. Definitely switching to something else. The internet service I ended up with is exceeds they are worthless, can't send emails, can't play Facebook games, etc. It's just worthless.... (Dish Network is offering 49.99 a month for 190 channels plus HBO and HBO pro plus a gift card for $150) but DirecTV refuses to give me a lousy $33 off my bill. Really. Crappy customer service. It's god awful....

Hello my name is Alicia and I am very displeased with DirecTV, I recently just purchased a house and wanted to get some quotes on getting cable and internet. I was satisfied with the plan they were giving me and made an appointment on 9.13.17 for Friday 9.15.17 to have everything installed after 1:30 pm when someone would be home. DirecTV then sent me a text on Friday morning saying that someone would be out between 8:00 am and 8:30 am, which pissed me off due to the fact that me and my fiancé would not be home because of work. I was upset so I called the customer service rep to get a later time.

She set me up for anytime between 12:00-4:00. They then sent me another text telling me that the tech will be out between 12:20-12:50. As soon as I received the message I called again to explain to them that my fiancé will NOT be home until after 1:30, they were very rude to me and would not come out later to install everything. I am truly unhappy with the attitude they presented on the phone stating that they could not do anything for me and totally ignoring my question on whether or not the tech can go have lunch and then come back to install once my fiancé got home stating, “MA’AM, what is another day when someone will be home?” What. How rude. I do not appreciate this customer service at all. I did not see the difference between them coming back within an hour since the process would take about 4 hours to install. Makes NO sense.

I didn't feel that they showed any compassion for their customer at all since me and my fiancé work 2 hours from home and fiancé is stuck in traffic on this Friday. Maybe they shouldn’t automatically schedule appointments without a consent to do so. I never received a confirmation for that appointment at 8 am. If I did I would have called when it was scheduled. Very pissed and thinking about taking my services elsewhere. If anyone knows where I can call to speak to corporate office please let me know. I did save names of everyone I spoke to.

DirecTV checking my credit report without my permission. When called DirecTV I was told they only check credit report after getting permission. That is a lie as I have never talked to them, nor have I ever signed anything for wanting or interested in DirecTV.

At 5:45 last night I was approved for DIRECTV. By 8:45 I had it installed in my house with three boxes. To wake up in the morning not to have any kind of signal. After an hour and 48 minutes on hold. The first call I was disconnected. Never called back. To call again to be on hold for 48 minutes to be told they didn't know what was going on that I had signal to my box and that they were trying to fix it and then hung up the phone on me again. After the third call of being on the phone for 23 minutes. Being switched over two times. The lady tries to tell me that I had an old bill and that they disconnected me.

Now my question to you is how did I get approved last night and get it hooked up for it to only be shut off and a matter of hours later and that this did not come up. So not only did they not waste 3 hours of my time on the phone in 2 hours getting hooked up yesterday they wasted their technicians time for come down from Dubuque Iowa to Davenport Iowa to hook it up and wasted everybody's time. My question to you is when you ask for a supervisor why do you get hung up on not once, not twice, not 3 times but four. I will never ever, ever recommend this to anybody ever again!!! But I will say this the sales guy named Josh and the guy that came and put it out our equipment was very professional and very nice. Otherwise just a waste of time for all that dealt with us. I will be going back to Mediacom as soon as possible!

Originally told I would get ESPN, ESPNU, the SEC Network, and DVR with 75 mb/sec internet speeds for an introductory price of $55/mo. It was installed today. None were included. I don't care for DirecTV to begin with. I live in Houston. The signal goes out during our frequent rain storms (we get nearly 50" of rain per year during years without a Hurricane Harvey). But when I was told it was only $55/mo for cable and internet including equipment, I decided to move forward. After it was installed, I realized I didn't even get ESPN in my package. Also turns out they DO charge you for the equipment, no matter what they say. Also, the customer service has been awful. On top of a difficult-to-navigate automated system, I spent over 3 total hours on the phone with them trying to cancel. I've only had DirecTV for 10 hours. I've wiped my hands off them. Going back to my previous company.

2 years ago I decided to go with Directv and signed a 2 year contract. I needed 4 receivers, 2 for the house and 2 for our RV. I had purchased a G2 antenna for the RV and told them I would need the right receivers for the G2. One of the receivers was not compatible but they had already charged me a $100 dollars for it. Sent it back did not get reimbursement for it. So now I am in a 2 year contract down a hundred dollars. Called them. Asked them to get me the right receiver, they basically told me they had no control over the receiver I would receive and that maybe I should look on Amazon. So I did another hundred dollars and you don't own the equipment.

So here it is September 2 years later. I called to cancel my services because it is too much money for what you get. The gal on the other end is really trying to sell me into something, "We'll cut the cost blah blah." Told her I wanted to just cancel then she informs me my contract is not up until December. Apparently the receiver I had to purchase on Amazon put me in a new contract when I activated it (must be in the small print of the contract). They didn't tell me this, they didn't even want to activate the receiver after I purchased it. That was another battle. I will lick my wounds, I paid the early termination fees but I will never do business with them again. All the things that were not of my doing if they are going to advertise with G2 they should be able to provide you with the proper equipment.

DirecTV & New Star Communications sales reps are liars... A DirecTV/New Star Communications sales rep named Ayden came to the door last week. He was "in the neighborhood" going door to door. He first portrayed himself as someone who was checking to make sure our satellite equipment was up to date. Once he found out I was with Dish he explains how switching to DirecTV will significantly lower my monthly bill for 24 months with a contract. Also mentioning better equipment, etc. It all "sounded" good. Who doesn't want to save some money?

He called to set it up. Again he assured me the discounted rate shown on his form was "locked in" for the entire 2 year contract. Equipment was installed a few days later. The tech had me initial a few important statements and sign the agreement. I had 3 days to cancel. Well 4 days later (a day after the cancellation deadline) I receive an invoice in the mail from DirecTV with the prices stating that my reduced rate was only good for the first 12 months. Then my payment would go up $55 a month. I called them. They informed me to get 24 month discount I have to have an additional AT&T service. The sales rep never mentioned that and that information was not stated on his paperwork. The tech never mentioned it either. That information was not anywhere on the front where I had to initial and sign.

I finally found that disclosure in very small print towards the bottom on the back side. No one had ever mentioned or gone over the info on the back. I didnt even know there was anything on the back of the page because it was attached to other pages when I signed it. The information was purposely placed where it wouldn't be seen. They told me to call the sales rep but of course he never returned my call. I called them again & this time they transfer me to DirecTV Corporate. I explained the sales reps promise of the 24 month locked in rate and his neglect to disclose the necessary stipulation. I was told they could not discount it for the full 24 months. I then tried to cancel service and was told I would have to pay $465 cancellation fee. I expressed my frustration and she first tried to defend him. The fact is he lied. He did not disclose the full truth and misrepresented the agreement.

As we continued to talk she (DirecTV customer service rep) admitted this happens frequently. She gets several calls a day from customers who have been deceived. Obviously the contract is written to hide the full truth. She told me the sales reps are hired by a third party and dont work directly for DirecTV. I don't care who they are working for, they are representing DirecTV and are purposely deceiving and lying to get new customers. DirecTV should be held responsible for those hired to represent their company. I am filing arbitration with DirecTV and will be cancelling contract as soon as possible!

I have spent useless time with this company on the phone... Each time I have called I have been transferred to different departments and told something different regarding my bill. I went to the extent to purchase a tablet in order to lock in my previous bill amount because, I was told I needed two services with AT&T or DirecTV. The tablet was priced at $10.00 a month and the credits would go to on my cable bill, along with a $40.00 credit. Today, I called to verify my bill. They knew nothing about this and was told I owe $197.00 for this month. I have canceled my agreement and was told I owe $180.00 for early cancellation. This cable company is a total nightmare. I will never use them again and do not recommend them to anyone. Unless, you have countless hours to spend on the phone and get nothing accomplished!!!!

I transferred my service with DirecTV from Arizona to New Mexico. They advertise how easy it is to transfer your service. What they don't tell you is when you transfer your service you get signed up for a 2 year plan. I was not aware of this when I agreed to go with them. I also was told that a $19.99 charge for equipment protection plan ($19.99 mo. 230 to date) and now told I didn't have to purchase it. The quote they sent me initially didn't include this extra charge.

Don't believe the BS about transferring accounts when you move. The company did 2 credit checks on me within 1 month which impacted my credit report. So to add insult to their sorry communication I had to deal with a lower credit score that was directly attributed to the credit checks. I am forced to stay with DirecTV. I hate the company. I am not satisfied with the way they handled my account. I was thinking about adding AT&T cell service which is DirecTV is a part of. No Way! I wouldn't trust this company to communicate clearly. No matter how many times they say they value your business they don't. I've been with DirecTV since 2009 and will leave as soon possible. Their HIDDEN FEES and HIDDEN contracts abound.

If I could give negative stars I would! This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The techs are rude and have no clue what they are talking about! I have had MANY experiences to confirm this - it was not just a one-time occurrence. Our remote died, I called for a replacement (I have the protection plan), they sent me the wrong remote; called back, sent the wrong remote again (even though I gave them the exact model number that I needed both times); called back, sent the wrong remote again!! It took 4 attempts and 5 weeks to get a replacement remote.

Next, our box malfunctioned 3 times in one month and they wanted to send us a new one. Fine. They never sent a return box for the old equipment and then charged my credit card $140.00 for it. It took me 3 calls and at least 2 months to get my money back. Unbelievable! The most recent incident was regarding the addition of another Mini for my kids' room. They want to charge $100 plus a monthly fee and lock you in for another 2 years in order to add another room!! Goodbye DirecTV - you have got to be the absolute worst provider available!! Unfortunately I live in an area where I can't get cable so looks like I'll be contacting Dish!!

DIRECTV "tech" installed dish on steel pole 2" dia with about 10" underground in a mud hole. Slight wind blew it over. 5 days without service and we're going to charge me for fixing their crappy installation. And would have to take time off work for a repair that doesn't require them to go inside. Fixed it myself. Mounted it on telephone pole right next to dwelling that had only a security light on it. Where I asked him to mount it in first place. On hold on phone for 15 minutes and can't understand the Filipinos that they contract out their tech department to.

It is sad when after working hard all day the only thing you like is Texas flip and move, mostly reruns now and some stupid kiddy show -- but then you find Texas Rising. Since it is completely out of sequence and repetitive I record it. Guess what tonight I look for it and you have erased all of it leaving the ** Kardashians and other. Just get me by before I tear my hair out! YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES DIRECTV!!! I will quit you soon and you'll miss this money --worthless.

Starting out with this company was horrible. They canceled my set up appointment without letting me know. Once I finally got cable I always called in and paid my bill and one day they drafted money out of my account without my knowledge and told me that I called in and set up auto pay... Which I did not... So I canceled it then finally I move so I had to cancel my service and they told me I was in a contract which I never signed up for and they never told me I was entering in a contract so now I have this cancellation fee of $330. When I set up this I never was told I was being set up for a contract. They will try to scam you into anything. Do not sign up with them.

Worst service experience by many times over ever! One of two of our receiver boxes overheated and started to smoke. We scheduled to have both receivers upgraded. The scheduled services were delayed 5 times and over 3 different days. From original scheduled service to completion was 9 days! We asked repeated to be contacted by the dispatcher when the service was to come but this never occurred.

In total we called 13 times. We spent over 9 hours on this and one time on-hold for 1 hour 45 minutes and 6 other times over 30 minutes! After long periods of on-hold often got disconnected or were connected to the wrong department and had to go on-hold again! They said they could not contact dispatcher except by email and thus would not give me contact info. We were told so many untruths or outright lies it was pitiful. Sometimes things were not noted. When calling they should provide approximate hold times but this seems to only occur if less than 10 minutes (rarely). They should also provide a call back service if hold times are expected to be long.

August 30, 2017. We decided to drop DirecTV. I called the 1-800-531-5000 number. MISTAKE! The girl would not process my request until she made her "Oh-please-don't-leave" plea. Bottom line? DirecTV should be sued for saying they HAVE Customer Service. Their rep was uncooperative, misleading and intentionally confusing with information. First she offered me a 40% discount. I was confused because we no longer want your service. Then she offers me the NFL Channel for $40 a year! Great! Sure! Why not for $3.33 a month!

When I tried to pin her down for the bottom line monthly payment amount, she was extremely hesitant until I kept at her. She quoted me $86 a month (the original 40% offer) which I never agreed to. I then insisted I did not understand what she was really offering me so I told her just cancel DirecTV. Then she pulled the punishment fee trick. After her "authorizing" the misunderstanding, and getting it "sorted out", I waited for the labels to ship their equipment back. Surprise! Yesterday I got a letter from them congratulating us for "remaining" with them... and threatening us with a $240 cancellation fee should we want to cancel. SOMETHING I UNDERSTOOD HAD ALREADY HAPPENED! My question is: Why isn't there a Class Action suit against DirecTV?

I have been a DirecTV customer since 2001. In addition to having the Total Choice package I subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket during this same time frame. In March of this year I contacted DirecTV and had the service temporarily suspended because we were raising our home which was severely damaged by Super Storm Sandy. Today at around 11 am EST I contacted DirecTV in an effort to get my service re-activated. This should have been a simple process. In the past when I called them service was great usually getting resolution to my issue within 15 minutes. Well in this day and age of outsourcing and poor customer service lets just say that it is 4;30pm EST and I have gotten nowhere. I have made three different phone calls. Been placed on hold three different occasions for over an hour each time.

The second time I got a live person she made sure to get my credit card info to charge me the $35.00 reconnection fee which I had no problem paying. However she said she had to transfer me to the "Reconnection Department" to get my service restored... What??? I told her she was the second person to do this and the last time I was on hold for over an hour. She apologized and then told me she could not transfer me because they were having "technical issues..." So she gave me another number which like the previous two times had me waiting upwards of an hour.

The only reason I deal with this company is solely for the NFL programming which you cannot get from any other provider. Maybe things have changed since AT&T bought them... Who knows? But I am 51 years old. I am an Executive VP for a major retailer... So I know a thing or two about customer service! I have never in my life been treated so poorly in any capacity. I asked the woman where I was calling and after a few minutes of stammering she said their office was in the Philippines... Nice... So much for keeping jobs here in the USA!

So I have decided I will not reactivate my account after all. I will not subscribe to the NFL package. I will just watch the games that are on in my market. I figured between the cost of the Total Choice Package and NFL Ticket I should save around $1600 per year. I will put that towards a vacation! It is sad because I really want this product because I love football... But DirecTV/AT&T have made it clear that they do NOT want my business so I will move on. The fact that there are so many bad reviews on this one site just for the month of September alone for this poor excuse for a company should be fair warning to anyone that is considering switching from their current providers... Thanks DirecTV... You just lost a long time customer for life!

9/10/2017 I called DirecTV customer support about a problem I was having with the NFL Ticket, waited on hold for over 15 minutes, then directed to an "escalation" support person, waited another 10 minutes and finally hung up. They should know they were going to have a lot of consumer questions about problems and increased the staff.

I was a Charter subscriber, without interruption, since they launched in July, 1994. That's 23 years, or more than $27,000. Yes, that's a lot of cash. When my equipment began to fail, they REQUIRED an upgrade, raising my monthly bill. I asked to speak to a loyalty specialist. I was sent to three different people, and finally reached a customer service representative whose primary language was English. They offer absolutely no loyalty program that would save me money. EVERY "freebie" they offered would require a new contract, and an equipment upgrade. However, they offer "new subscribers" deals that do not compare. So in effect, loyal customers of 23 years get nothing free, while new customers receive perks to hook them in to a contract.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a different carrier if you want an English speaking customer service agent. And, if you want consistent customer service responses. I was told 3 differing policies by three differing agents. I finally gave up and cancelled my account. DirecTV offers many channels, but unreliable equipment (forced upgrades) which means you lose everything you've saved in your DVR. I would have stayed with them if they had acknowledged my 23 years of loyalty and offered me a limited "thank you" perk; instead, their gratitude was shown in the form of a larger monthly bill. I felt unimportant, nonessential and deceived. Since then, I have subscribed to Spectrum. NO CONTRACT. And less per month.

We cancelled DirecTV cause of the continuing rate hikes and constant sales pitches when we'd call to try and get a straight answer on our bill. Needless to say, this company prebills and when we cancelled service, they still expected the bill to be paid for services NOT received. Their statement after review "we have reviewed all charges, payments, and credits and consider this balance to be accurate." BS. We disconnected the equipment and sent it back. They still expect to be paid! NEVER!!!

Let me keep this simple: We were told we were getting the very same package we had on U-verse and after several calls I've seen $10.00 per month. So, we've gone from $65.00 to $97.00 and still won't be getting everything we had before. When I asked to be released from our contract I was told no, but it's up to us to pay or not pay the early cancellation fee! Right, like we want someone calling us over and over to collect! STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE LIED TO, RIPPED OFF AND OVERCHARGED.

I have promotions DirecTV sent to my home asking me to return. For either package $19.99 for their select package, $29.99 for their choice, and 39.99 for their ultimate for one year. Plus they would give me a $200 gift card for either. I called and was told I could get telephone, internet, and DirecTV for $109.00 plus taxes. My service started messing up a week later. I ended up being on the telephone 4 and 5 hours at a time. I was without service for over 3 weeks. Then they finally admitted my DirecTV had been canceled. Then I found out they were actually charging me $159.85 for DirecTV, $20.67 for internet, and $25.22 for phones for. A total of $216.79. I told them I didn't agree to that and I wasn't paying it.

Each time they adjusted my bill DirecTV was terminated. They pretended something was wrong with the service. They had me waiting for a technician to come to my house twice. I cancel what I had planned, and no one showed up and no called or canceled those appointments. Then they admitted my service time after without my knowledge or consent was being canceled and restarted. They sent my blood pressure out the ceiling. They are deceiving people into thinking they are getting a deal with their advertisement. They canceled and restarted that service and, didn't cancel all 3 services. My service has been cancel over 5 times. Then I was told I had the same account as someone else. AT&T and DirecTV is not worth dealing with. I pray no one else get caught up in this situation.

Updated on 09/13/2017: My DirecTV was turned back on 9/6/17 around 11:00 pm. Then on 9/8/17 around 7:00 pm as I set watching hurricane Irma, it was cut off again. Then on 9/11/17 around 4:15 pm it came back on. Then on 9/12/17 I checked to see if it was still on and it's off again. I called AT&T and spoke with someone from DirecTV. He told me my service was disconnected because I had no active receivers. I told him I wasn't suppose to activate them so why wasn't they activated. He told me there was a zero balance but it wouldn't be reconnected.

I called AT&T and spoke to someone that said she was a supervisor. She informed me that I had telephone, internet, and DirecTV, and that DirecTV was active. I asked why can't I see it and, she said because I owed $11.08 and it was past due. I went to their local store to pay, and they had no record of my account. I asked her why all 3 of the services wasn't canceled? She said she would cancel the $11.08 and turn it back on. I told her I couldn't deal with them turning the service off and on. She told me she would charge me $20.00 a month for canceling early. I didn't cancel they did, and didn't even tell me it was canceled. I told her I had a month to check that service out. That service didn't work but one week and they started disconnecting and connecting.

They tortured me. It's unreal what they have charged me! They charge me $216.79, $176.00, $161.79, $119.96 is due on 09/25/17 so apparently that was DirecTV charges, and then I got a bill for $108.17 due 10/04/17. Those 2 bills are a total of $228.13. Each time I question these charges my service was disconnected.

I called DIRECTV on July 31st 2017 around 8 pm CST and checked to see if my bill amount of around $64.00 was going to go up for the 2nd year of my account. I spoke with 2 different reps and BOTH told me no. I would stay in the contract amount of around $64.00 till my contract ends around the end of July 2018. I was happy and relieved because when I started my account in 2016 the rep told me that my account might go up for the 2nd year and to call to get a discount for the 2nd year.

Today, Sept 9th 2017, I looked at my bank account and it shows my bill around $108.00. I was pissed as you can imagine. I called and spoke with a rep and I asked her why my bill up since the other 2 reps on July 31st said I would stay at $64.00 till the end of the contract in July 2018. The rep put me on hold and came back and said she found where I called in July but didn't see where I was told or was promised my contract would stay at $64.00. I told her "So basically I was lied to..." She didn't say anything. Just that my new bill would stay at $108.00. I asked her how I could lower it, she said I could go to the select plan which works since I watch no sports. Now my new bill will be around $76.56, up by about $12.00.

This company sucks, I mean really sucks. I cannot wait till July 27th, 2018 when I can call and tell them to ** off and cancel my account. I had AT&T UVERSE before, I cannot say they perfect but the company NEVER lied about what packages they had and how my it was going to be each month. I guess I am going back to them when I can cancel DIRECTV. Do not get AT&T DirecTV please. They look like the best deal at the time, but year 2 of the contract they will screw you over big time. Liars, nothing but big time liars.

DIRECTV Company Profile