Consumer Reviews

• 4 stars10%
  • 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars16%

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

I have nothing but high praise for everyone involved in providing me with DIRECTV usage. That includes the person I spoke with on the phone, as well as the technician who installed. Although I was not person who was present during installation, I can say that the person who was, Randy **, told me that the technician was proficient and professional in all phases of the installation. We could not be happier with all phases DIRECTV, from the person who I initially spoke with, the technician who installed, and the final product!!!

So far there are no problems. Installation was on 2/27/16. The picture is clearer than U-Verse and I like the remote. The installer was personable and thorough in being sure I knew how to operate the functions.

I sincerely appreciate the patience in handling my questions. This is a new experience for me. Before calling, I had a sense of frustration. Afterward, I felt relieved. Thanks for the super effort.

High quality services. Very satisfied. Bye bye Dish!!!

Fast, friendly, and knowledgeable employees that listen and correct my issues and share all possible solutions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Good job DirecTV. You guys are good.

I am moving to a new residence and have decided to have DirecTV installed. Everyone I have dealt with at the local business and on the phone have all been friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company to family and friends.

Overall, my opinion: it was excellent, very good and good customer service.

We moved recently. After having DirecTV for about 6 months, we set up a re-install date on our move in day and it was never confirmed. After I called to check on the install I was told there was no order in the system for our services to be moved. I tried to get it for one of the next three business days and it was not available. The rep then tried to convince me to schedule for a day that I was not available. I told him three times not to schedule the install for the day he picked, then we were disconnected somehow. I figure I'll call back after we move and pick a day. Two days later (the day the rep kept trying to make me schedule the install) I get a phone call from an automated number saying my DirecTV installer will be by between 8am and 12 noon today. Really, after I told you multiple times to NOT schedule service you do it anyway? This was the first of many problems with my move.

Next, we fast forward two weeks to our second weekend in our new home and we finally have an installer in our house to get us set up with service. As the tech is getting everything set up, he asks if we still need to get our internet service set up (since we have AT&T internet and DirecTV, same company). I said "Yes, aren't you doing that also?" He says "No, I only do DirecTV, they should have set up a separate installation appointment for the internet." I was on the phone three different times to get this install booked and not one rep told me I needed two different tech and appointments - pure nonsense!!!

Now, I call to make sure our bill is correct due to some billing issues we have had with promotional pricing that was incorrect. I asked months ago to have our introductory free HBO package to be taken off of our package, it never was. So while I am trying to pay my bill (the bill I did not pay like I explained to them that I would not pay until we had our equipment installed) and find out there is still a $53.99 charge recurring each month due to the HBO package. I spend 35 min getting that resolved, then another 15 minutes getting the "late charge" of $9.99 taken off my bill as well - all of this with a huge amount of push back from "customer support". After almost an hour, my bill goes from $165 and change down to $102 and change (which I gladly pay). Now we have our bill paid up-to-date and installation is in progress.

Then the rep tells me that I will have to make another call to cancel the HBO package and that she just gave me a credit for the amount I was charged. Great ANOTHER phone call. Next call was to set up our internet install with AT&T. This went great until the rep there told me they could not set up the appointment until I took care of the past due balance on the account of... wait for it... $9.99. The exact amount of the late fee that was just credited back less than 10 minutes ago. After 15 more minutes and threatening to have the tech undo close to three hours of work and take all their equipment back, they waived that fee again and scheduled our install.

Next call was to have the HBO package taken off of our account, credit the current month of that package and ask for credit for the two weeks we had no service waiting for all this to be cleared up. But before I could do that, my daughter calls to tell me that we have an interrupted service message on all three of our tv's. In all, I spent well over three hours on the phone in the last week dealing with all of this nonsense just to get service at our new home. You would think they would go a little more out of their way to retain you as their customer if you are moving and make sure things go really smooth for you. NOPE. Our one year commitment is up December and I will be enjoying any other type of tv and internet with any other company regardless of price and services offered. This was the most ridiculous waste of time over the last few weeks just be able to sit down and watch television.

AT&T has done their customers a major disservice by acquiring DirecTV and forcing that service on customers. I originally wanted AT&T internet and U-verse and was told U-verse is being phased out and only DirecTV is now available. AT&T is too big for their own good, you think they would have remembered what a mess their company was in the 80's and how bad things got for them and for their customers when they tried to take over all the communications that they could.

Bad job out of AT&T and now DirecTV. When you call you automatically get an AT&T person and then halfway through your explanation of what is going on, they tell you to hold on they have to transfer you to a DirecTV person, then that person says they have to send you to an AT&T person. Nobody knows what is going on and how to handle situations when they arise. I will NEVER (not an exaggeration at all) use AT&T or DirecTV once we are done with them in December and we will be switching our AT&T cellphones back to Verizon as well. I want NOTHING to do with this company ever again!!

Service guy Arron was great, informative and friendly.

I would definitely recommend having this service because of the fact that you get more TV Channels than you do with Mediacom.

I asked numerous times for what the exact and final monthly payment would be including EVERYTHING and leaving out NOTHING. They said both verbally and in writing - $63.63 for two years. First bill just came - $70.92. I don't care what lawyer talk they want to throw at me. I asked them plainly to tell me what the final figure was going to be and they lied. I immediately cancelled service and now they are trying to extract over $400 in cancellation fees. They are liars. They are pure evil. This country allows near monopolies when it should not be by American law. This country's government is also now Banana Republic. America is almost dead. Vote Clinton, finish her off and get ready for some real evil. It's coming.

I have an issue with my receiver, screen locks up once to twice a day and it's getting worse. I have to either pay them 7.99 a month for insurance or pay for a service call for them to come out and do look at it. 1st tech I spoke with was extremely rude, hung up on me. Spoke to Alex a supervisor and he refused to give me his supervisor name or the regional vice president's name. I've had problems with Directv since my installation. Product is awesome, absolutely ☆☆☆☆. Tech support and customer service half ☆. I have two business, many clients. Would be out of business if I treated my clients the way I've been treated, I would have not have a company,

Have use 4 tv services your is the best. Sales, Service, and Product.

We have been a loyal customer of DIRECTV for 16 years. We have been experiencing issues with our service box where the box continually shuts off on its own. We have set three separate service calls and have had no one show up within the pre-scheduled 3-4 hour time frame. We have left work early to be present twice, called to be sure they were still coming only be told they would be here and then not show. Today is the third time, I sat from noon to now, 3:35 only to receive a call that they are "running behind" but cannot say when they will be here. I have lost the day and things that needed to be done to get the issue fixed. No one seems sympathetic nor does it seem like they care about the inconvenience. One representative actually laughed when my husband called to reschedule.

We will look for another provider, tell anyone and everyone how horrible a long term customer will be treated. DIRECTV is not worth the money nor my time they have wasted. I am in customer service and honestly believe what we are experiencing is completely on purpose. There is no way a company cannot fulfill the scheduled time they offer, three times I a row.

Good communication, all questions answered, good installation.

It took me a while to get to the right department, but after I was connected with the right agent, everything went well.

Everyone I dealt with was extremely polite and tried to be helpful. Brittany was exceptional! She got me set up with a plan I like very much and I already have service. The installer, Mike was great. Efficient and professional.

Great sales, awesome install and good customer service.

She was more helpful than the other 4 guys I talked to for my home phone. DIRECTV they were great.

I have had DirecTV for just under 1 year and I have not been happy from the start. Each month my bill continues to go up. When I signed up last August, my bill was $52. Then it jumped just about every month after that to today, $75. Next month, I am scheduled to receive an additional $40 price increase. How is this fair? Why has my bill more than doubled since I started? It seems to be that DirecTV promises new customers rates to get them into a contract, and once you sign, they gouge you for every dollar you have.

I called into customer service and they were more happy to cancel my services (along with a $240 cancellation fee), then to help me financially by keeping my rate somewhat affordable. I looked at Cox (since I use them for the internet), and their highest premium package is less than what I will pay with DirecTV next month by over $20!!! RIPOFF. By the way, Cox has not increased my rate since I signed up with them for the internet, while DirecTV will now be double.

She was very helpful and quick. She made sure my needs were meet.

I left Frontier and came back to DirecTV... Directv is fast and easy to work with. Better pricing overall. I'm staying with Directv.

Very professional people on the phone and at the store on Merritt Island.

The representative was very helpful and informative. Went beyond my expectations. Cared about my time as a customer. Very good customer service.

I have no line of sight but the tech tried over and over to find one. Nice guy. Very professional.

Very pleased with my experience with your service personnel.

Very helpful. The rep even stayed on the line while I drove to my bank to deposit cash to process my transaction.

This company is awful. They will charge you extra fees without your consent. They do not take care of their products and expect the consumer to pay for issues and problems that arise with their equipment. Extremely unhappy with their services. If you have an issue with the service and you call to solve the problem, you will be on hold for a very long, long time.

First time user of Directv or any satellite tv service - I am still a little apprehensive about changing from my cable comp to a satellite comp but I am very unhappy with my existing which keeps raising my services but provides less due to as they say it being too expensive for them to provide. My question is if you can't provide it why are you raising my invoice each month? Of course they do not have a realistic answer for this.

DIRECTV Company Profile