DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

DirecTV checking my credit report without my permission. When called DirecTV I was told they only check credit report after getting permission. That is a lie as I have never talked to them, nor have I ever signed anything for wanting or interested in DirecTV.

At 5:45 last night I was approved for DIRECTV. By 8:45 I had it installed in my house with three boxes. To wake up in the morning not to have any kind of signal. After an hour and 48 minutes on hold. The first call I was disconnected. Never called back. To call again to be on hold for 48 minutes to be told they didn't know what was going on that I had signal to my box and that they were trying to fix it and then hung up the phone on me again. After the third call of being on the phone for 23 minutes. Being switched over two times. The lady tries to tell me that I had an old bill and that they disconnected me.

Now my question to you is how did I get approved last night and get it hooked up for it to only be shut off and a matter of hours later and that this did not come up. So not only did they not waste 3 hours of my time on the phone in 2 hours getting hooked up yesterday they wasted their technicians time for come down from Dubuque Iowa to Davenport Iowa to hook it up and wasted everybody's time. My question to you is when you ask for a supervisor why do you get hung up on not once, not twice, not 3 times but four. I will never ever, ever recommend this to anybody ever again!!! But I will say this the sales guy named Josh and the guy that came and put it out our equipment was very professional and very nice. Otherwise just a waste of time for all that dealt with us. I will be going back to Mediacom as soon as possible!

Originally told I would get ESPN, ESPNU, the SEC Network, and DVR with 75 mb/sec internet speeds for an introductory price of $55/mo. It was installed today. None were included. I don't care for DirecTV to begin with. I live in Houston. The signal goes out during our frequent rain storms (we get nearly 50" of rain per year during years without a Hurricane Harvey). But when I was told it was only $55/mo for cable and internet including equipment, I decided to move forward. After it was installed, I realized I didn't even get ESPN in my package. Also turns out they DO charge you for the equipment, no matter what they say. Also, the customer service has been awful. On top of a difficult-to-navigate automated system, I spent over 3 total hours on the phone with them trying to cancel. I've only had DirecTV for 10 hours. I've wiped my hands off them. Going back to my previous company.

2 years ago I decided to go with Directv and signed a 2 year contract. I needed 4 receivers, 2 for the house and 2 for our RV. I had purchased a G2 antenna for the RV and told them I would need the right receivers for the G2. One of the receivers was not compatible but they had already charged me a $100 dollars for it. Sent it back did not get reimbursement for it. So now I am in a 2 year contract down a hundred dollars. Called them. Asked them to get me the right receiver, they basically told me they had no control over the receiver I would receive and that maybe I should look on Amazon. So I did another hundred dollars and you don't own the equipment.

So here it is September 2 years later. I called to cancel my services because it is too much money for what you get. The gal on the other end is really trying to sell me into something, "We'll cut the cost blah blah." Told her I wanted to just cancel then she informs me my contract is not up until December. Apparently the receiver I had to purchase on Amazon put me in a new contract when I activated it (must be in the small print of the contract). They didn't tell me this, they didn't even want to activate the receiver after I purchased it. That was another battle. I will lick my wounds, I paid the early termination fees but I will never do business with them again. All the things that were not of my doing if they are going to advertise with G2 they should be able to provide you with the proper equipment.

DirecTV & New Star Communications sales reps are liars... A DirecTV/New Star Communications sales rep named Ayden came to the door last week. He was "in the neighborhood" going door to door. He first portrayed himself as someone who was checking to make sure our satellite equipment was up to date. Once he found out I was with Dish he explains how switching to DirecTV will significantly lower my monthly bill for 24 months with a contract. Also mentioning better equipment, etc. It all "sounded" good. Who doesn't want to save some money?

He called to set it up. Again he assured me the discounted rate shown on his form was "locked in" for the entire 2 year contract. Equipment was installed a few days later. The tech had me initial a few important statements and sign the agreement. I had 3 days to cancel. Well 4 days later (a day after the cancellation deadline) I receive an invoice in the mail from DirecTV with the prices stating that my reduced rate was only good for the first 12 months. Then my payment would go up $55 a month. I called them. They informed me to get 24 month discount I have to have an additional AT&T service. The sales rep never mentioned that and that information was not stated on his paperwork. The tech never mentioned it either. That information was not anywhere on the front where I had to initial and sign.

I finally found that disclosure in very small print towards the bottom on the back side. No one had ever mentioned or gone over the info on the back. I didnt even know there was anything on the back of the page because it was attached to other pages when I signed it. The information was purposely placed where it wouldn't be seen. They told me to call the sales rep but of course he never returned my call. I called them again & this time they transfer me to DirecTV Corporate. I explained the sales reps promise of the 24 month locked in rate and his neglect to disclose the necessary stipulation. I was told they could not discount it for the full 24 months. I then tried to cancel service and was told I would have to pay $465 cancellation fee. I expressed my frustration and she first tried to defend him. The fact is he lied. He did not disclose the full truth and misrepresented the agreement.

As we continued to talk she (DirecTV customer service rep) admitted this happens frequently. She gets several calls a day from customers who have been deceived. Obviously the contract is written to hide the full truth. She told me the sales reps are hired by a third party and dont work directly for DirecTV. I don't care who they are working for, they are representing DirecTV and are purposely deceiving and lying to get new customers. DirecTV should be held responsible for those hired to represent their company. I am filing arbitration with DirecTV and will be cancelling contract as soon as possible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

I have spent useless time with this company on the phone... Each time I have called I have been transferred to different departments and told something different regarding my bill. I went to the extent to purchase a tablet in order to lock in my previous bill amount because, I was told I needed two services with AT&T or DirecTV. The tablet was priced at $10.00 a month and the credits would go to on my cable bill, along with a $40.00 credit. Today, I called to verify my bill. They knew nothing about this and was told I owe $197.00 for this month. I have canceled my agreement and was told I owe $180.00 for early cancellation. This cable company is a total nightmare. I will never use them again and do not recommend them to anyone. Unless, you have countless hours to spend on the phone and get nothing accomplished!!!!

I transferred my service with DirecTV from Arizona to New Mexico. They advertise how easy it is to transfer your service. What they don't tell you is when you transfer your service you get signed up for a 2 year plan. I was not aware of this when I agreed to go with them. I also was told that a $19.99 charge for equipment protection plan ($19.99 mo. 230 to date) and now told I didn't have to purchase it. The quote they sent me initially didn't include this extra charge.

Don't believe the BS about transferring accounts when you move. The company did 2 credit checks on me within 1 month which impacted my credit report. So to add insult to their sorry communication I had to deal with a lower credit score that was directly attributed to the credit checks. I am forced to stay with DirecTV. I hate the company. I am not satisfied with the way they handled my account. I was thinking about adding AT&T cell service which is DirecTV is a part of. No Way! I wouldn't trust this company to communicate clearly. No matter how many times they say they value your business they don't. I've been with DirecTV since 2009 and will leave as soon possible. Their HIDDEN FEES and HIDDEN contracts abound.

If I could give negative stars I would! This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The techs are rude and have no clue what they are talking about! I have had MANY experiences to confirm this - it was not just a one-time occurrence. Our remote died, I called for a replacement (I have the protection plan), they sent me the wrong remote; called back, sent the wrong remote again (even though I gave them the exact model number that I needed both times); called back, sent the wrong remote again!! It took 4 attempts and 5 weeks to get a replacement remote.

Next, our box malfunctioned 3 times in one month and they wanted to send us a new one. Fine. They never sent a return box for the old equipment and then charged my credit card $140.00 for it. It took me 3 calls and at least 2 months to get my money back. Unbelievable! The most recent incident was regarding the addition of another Mini for my kids' room. They want to charge $100 plus a monthly fee and lock you in for another 2 years in order to add another room!! Goodbye DirecTV - you have got to be the absolute worst provider available!! Unfortunately I live in an area where I can't get cable so looks like I'll be contacting Dish!!

DIRECTV "tech" installed dish on steel pole 2" dia with about 10" underground in a mud hole. Slight wind blew it over. 5 days without service and we're going to charge me for fixing their crappy installation. And would have to take time off work for a repair that doesn't require them to go inside. Fixed it myself. Mounted it on telephone pole right next to dwelling that had only a security light on it. Where I asked him to mount it in first place. On hold on phone for 15 minutes and can't understand the Filipinos that they contract out their tech department to.

It is sad when after working hard all day the only thing you like is Texas flip and move, mostly reruns now and some stupid kiddy show -- but then you find Texas Rising. Since it is completely out of sequence and repetitive I record it. Guess what tonight I look for it and you have erased all of it leaving the ** Kardashians and other. Just get me by before I tear my hair out! YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES DIRECTV!!! I will quit you soon and you'll miss this money --worthless.

Starting out with this company was horrible. They canceled my set up appointment without letting me know. Once I finally got cable I always called in and paid my bill and one day they drafted money out of my account without my knowledge and told me that I called in and set up auto pay... Which I did not... So I canceled it then finally I move so I had to cancel my service and they told me I was in a contract which I never signed up for and they never told me I was entering in a contract so now I have this cancellation fee of $330. When I set up this I never was told I was being set up for a contract. They will try to scam you into anything. Do not sign up with them.

Worst service experience by many times over ever! One of two of our receiver boxes overheated and started to smoke. We scheduled to have both receivers upgraded. The scheduled services were delayed 5 times and over 3 different days. From original scheduled service to completion was 9 days! We asked repeated to be contacted by the dispatcher when the service was to come but this never occurred.

In total we called 13 times. We spent over 9 hours on this and one time on-hold for 1 hour 45 minutes and 6 other times over 30 minutes! After long periods of on-hold often got disconnected or were connected to the wrong department and had to go on-hold again! They said they could not contact dispatcher except by email and thus would not give me contact info. We were told so many untruths or outright lies it was pitiful. Sometimes things were not noted. When calling they should provide approximate hold times but this seems to only occur if less than 10 minutes (rarely). They should also provide a call back service if hold times are expected to be long.

August 30, 2017. We decided to drop DirecTV. I called the 1-800-531-5000 number. MISTAKE! The girl would not process my request until she made her "Oh-please-don't-leave" plea. Bottom line? DirecTV should be sued for saying they HAVE Customer Service. Their rep was uncooperative, misleading and intentionally confusing with information. First she offered me a 40% discount. I was confused because we no longer want your service. Then she offers me the NFL Channel for $40 a year! Great! Sure! Why not for $3.33 a month!

When I tried to pin her down for the bottom line monthly payment amount, she was extremely hesitant until I kept at her. She quoted me $86 a month (the original 40% offer) which I never agreed to. I then insisted I did not understand what she was really offering me so I told her just cancel DirecTV. Then she pulled the punishment fee trick. After her "authorizing" the misunderstanding, and getting it "sorted out", I waited for the labels to ship their equipment back. Surprise! Yesterday I got a letter from them congratulating us for "remaining" with them... and threatening us with a $240 cancellation fee should we want to cancel. SOMETHING I UNDERSTOOD HAD ALREADY HAPPENED! My question is: Why isn't there a Class Action suit against DirecTV?

I have been a DirecTV customer since 2001. In addition to having the Total Choice package I subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket during this same time frame. In March of this year I contacted DirecTV and had the service temporarily suspended because we were raising our home which was severely damaged by Super Storm Sandy. Today at around 11 am EST I contacted DirecTV in an effort to get my service re-activated. This should have been a simple process. In the past when I called them service was great usually getting resolution to my issue within 15 minutes. Well in this day and age of outsourcing and poor customer service lets just say that it is 4;30pm EST and I have gotten nowhere. I have made three different phone calls. Been placed on hold three different occasions for over an hour each time.

The second time I got a live person she made sure to get my credit card info to charge me the $35.00 reconnection fee which I had no problem paying. However she said she had to transfer me to the "Reconnection Department" to get my service restored... What??? I told her she was the second person to do this and the last time I was on hold for over an hour. She apologized and then told me she could not transfer me because they were having "technical issues..." So she gave me another number which like the previous two times had me waiting upwards of an hour.

The only reason I deal with this company is solely for the NFL programming which you cannot get from any other provider. Maybe things have changed since AT&T bought them... Who knows? But I am 51 years old. I am an Executive VP for a major retailer... So I know a thing or two about customer service! I have never in my life been treated so poorly in any capacity. I asked the woman where I was calling and after a few minutes of stammering she said their office was in the Philippines... Nice... So much for keeping jobs here in the USA!

So I have decided I will not reactivate my account after all. I will not subscribe to the NFL package. I will just watch the games that are on in my market. I figured between the cost of the Total Choice Package and NFL Ticket I should save around $1600 per year. I will put that towards a vacation! It is sad because I really want this product because I love football... But DirecTV/AT&T have made it clear that they do NOT want my business so I will move on. The fact that there are so many bad reviews on this one site just for the month of September alone for this poor excuse for a company should be fair warning to anyone that is considering switching from their current providers... Thanks DirecTV... You just lost a long time customer for life!

9/10/2017 I called DirecTV customer support about a problem I was having with the NFL Ticket, waited on hold for over 15 minutes, then directed to an "escalation" support person, waited another 10 minutes and finally hung up. They should know they were going to have a lot of consumer questions about problems and increased the staff.

I was a Charter subscriber, without interruption, since they launched in July, 1994. That's 23 years, or more than $27,000. Yes, that's a lot of cash. When my equipment began to fail, they REQUIRED an upgrade, raising my monthly bill. I asked to speak to a loyalty specialist. I was sent to three different people, and finally reached a customer service representative whose primary language was English. They offer absolutely no loyalty program that would save me money. EVERY "freebie" they offered would require a new contract, and an equipment upgrade. However, they offer "new subscribers" deals that do not compare. So in effect, loyal customers of 23 years get nothing free, while new customers receive perks to hook them in to a contract.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a different carrier if you want an English speaking customer service agent. And, if you want consistent customer service responses. I was told 3 differing policies by three differing agents. I finally gave up and cancelled my account. DirecTV offers many channels, but unreliable equipment (forced upgrades) which means you lose everything you've saved in your DVR. I would have stayed with them if they had acknowledged my 23 years of loyalty and offered me a limited "thank you" perk; instead, their gratitude was shown in the form of a larger monthly bill. I felt unimportant, nonessential and deceived. Since then, I have subscribed to Spectrum. NO CONTRACT. And less per month.

We cancelled DirecTV cause of the continuing rate hikes and constant sales pitches when we'd call to try and get a straight answer on our bill. Needless to say, this company prebills and when we cancelled service, they still expected the bill to be paid for services NOT received. Their statement after review "we have reviewed all charges, payments, and credits and consider this balance to be accurate." BS. We disconnected the equipment and sent it back. They still expect to be paid! NEVER!!!

Let me keep this simple: We were told we were getting the very same package we had on U-verse and after several calls I've seen $10.00 per month. So, we've gone from $65.00 to $97.00 and still won't be getting everything we had before. When I asked to be released from our contract I was told no, but it's up to us to pay or not pay the early cancellation fee! Right, like we want someone calling us over and over to collect! STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE LIED TO, RIPPED OFF AND OVERCHARGED.

I have promotions DirecTV sent to my home asking me to return. For either package $19.99 for their select package, $29.99 for their choice, and 39.99 for their ultimate for one year. Plus they would give me a $200 gift card for either. I called and was told I could get telephone, internet, and DirecTV for $109.00 plus taxes. My service started messing up a week later. I ended up being on the telephone 4 and 5 hours at a time. I was without service for over 3 weeks. Then they finally admitted my DirecTV had been canceled. Then I found out they were actually charging me $159.85 for DirecTV, $20.67 for internet, and $25.22 for phones for. A total of $216.79. I told them I didn't agree to that and I wasn't paying it.

Each time they adjusted my bill DirecTV was terminated. They pretended something was wrong with the service. They had me waiting for a technician to come to my house twice. I cancel what I had planned, and no one showed up and no called or canceled those appointments. Then they admitted my service time after without my knowledge or consent was being canceled and restarted. They sent my blood pressure out the ceiling. They are deceiving people into thinking they are getting a deal with their advertisement. They canceled and restarted that service and, didn't cancel all 3 services. My service has been cancel over 5 times. Then I was told I had the same account as someone else. AT&T and DirecTV is not worth dealing with. I pray no one else get caught up in this situation.

Updated on 09/13/2017: My DirecTV was turned back on 9/6/17 around 11:00 pm. Then on 9/8/17 around 7:00 pm as I set watching hurricane Irma, it was cut off again. Then on 9/11/17 around 4:15 pm it came back on. Then on 9/12/17 I checked to see if it was still on and it's off again. I called AT&T and spoke with someone from DirecTV. He told me my service was disconnected because I had no active receivers. I told him I wasn't suppose to activate them so why wasn't they activated. He told me there was a zero balance but it wouldn't be reconnected.

I called AT&T and spoke to someone that said she was a supervisor. She informed me that I had telephone, internet, and DirecTV, and that DirecTV was active. I asked why can't I see it and, she said because I owed $11.08 and it was past due. I went to their local store to pay, and they had no record of my account. I asked her why all 3 of the services wasn't canceled? She said she would cancel the $11.08 and turn it back on. I told her I couldn't deal with them turning the service off and on. She told me she would charge me $20.00 a month for canceling early. I didn't cancel they did, and didn't even tell me it was canceled. I told her I had a month to check that service out. That service didn't work but one week and they started disconnecting and connecting.

They tortured me. It's unreal what they have charged me! They charge me $216.79, $176.00, $161.79, $119.96 is due on 09/25/17 so apparently that was DirecTV charges, and then I got a bill for $108.17 due 10/04/17. Those 2 bills are a total of $228.13. Each time I question these charges my service was disconnected.

I called DIRECTV on July 31st 2017 around 8 pm CST and checked to see if my bill amount of around $64.00 was going to go up for the 2nd year of my account. I spoke with 2 different reps and BOTH told me no. I would stay in the contract amount of around $64.00 till my contract ends around the end of July 2018. I was happy and relieved because when I started my account in 2016 the rep told me that my account might go up for the 2nd year and to call to get a discount for the 2nd year.

Today, Sept 9th 2017, I looked at my bank account and it shows my bill around $108.00. I was pissed as you can imagine. I called and spoke with a rep and I asked her why my bill up since the other 2 reps on July 31st said I would stay at $64.00 till the end of the contract in July 2018. The rep put me on hold and came back and said she found where I called in July but didn't see where I was told or was promised my contract would stay at $64.00. I told her "So basically I was lied to..." She didn't say anything. Just that my new bill would stay at $108.00. I asked her how I could lower it, she said I could go to the select plan which works since I watch no sports. Now my new bill will be around $76.56, up by about $12.00.

This company sucks, I mean really sucks. I cannot wait till July 27th, 2018 when I can call and tell them to ** off and cancel my account. I had AT&T UVERSE before, I cannot say they perfect but the company NEVER lied about what packages they had and how my it was going to be each month. I guess I am going back to them when I can cancel DIRECTV. Do not get AT&T DirecTV please. They look like the best deal at the time, but year 2 of the contract they will screw you over big time. Liars, nothing but big time liars.

Where to begin. I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to return my DVR. I have made countless phone calls, written multiple emails, and to no avail. I spent over 3 hours last Saturday attempting to get this resolved. I was assured, once again, that a return box with a printed FedEx box would be sent to me in order to return the box. Still nothing. I get phone calls every morning at 6:30, yes, 6:30, from their retention dept. asking why I disconnected. Seriously??? I just want a frickin cardboard box with a return label. Why is that so hard? I just spent another 2 hrs on the phone attempting to get a return box. After being hung up on 9 times, I'm done. When I get my final bill, I'll let them call me when it's overdue and maybe then someone will send me a return box! In addition to this review, I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The most inept "company" I've ever dealt with. Absolutely, unbelievably inept. Thank God for Comcast.

The DIRECTV/ATT merge is horrible. The customer service is all outsourced. I spent countless hours only to get redirected multiple times and eventually sent to a line that was disconnected. This happened three times! If they don't want to deal with it they will hit the panic button that sends you to a line which will automatically hang up on you. They are very hard to understand and they don't make much sense when speaking. They read off a screen in front of them so don't ask any questions that are out of the ordinary. DIRECTV use to be the leader in customer service and the actual service is still great. Even the installer and people at ATT store are fed up with how hard it is to get anything done/lack of English speaking reps. Very, very dissatisfied.

When we "bundled" our internet with DirecTV it was the biggest mistake we could have made! I would not even give them 1 star. They are not helpful when we call, not willing to correct their errors. Very deceitful company! The charge to break the contract (we didn't even know we were signing, thought it was agreement for delivery and set up!!) is outrageous! Will not ever recommend this company to anyone!! Will cancel as soon as we are able to financially!!

Absolutely appalling - I signed up for DirecTV with a 24 month contract with my monthly fee locked in for 24 months. After 12 months, my bill DOUBLED! I've spoken to 6 different people, been on the phone for over 3 hours just to be hung up on by multiple representatives from supervisors to reps at their customer loyalty line.

This is the biggest bait and switch company around. I canceled my services because DirecTV did not keep their end of my deal. Now they say I owe a disconnection fee AND the monthly fees that are double what I agreed to. AT&T is the biggest scam artist I have ever come into contact with. FCC should investigate them for their bait and switch tactics and flat out lying to consumers to lock them into contracts that the company doesn't honor. What a disgrace!

I wish I would have read this prior to signing up with DirecTV. I was told when signing that since we had Unlimited Plus with AT&T that I would get a $25 discount from DirecTV in 1-2 billing cycles. What I wasn't told is I can't get the $25 discount while I'm enjoying their free 3m of movie channels. So I canceled the free movie channels before my 90 days were up and NOW I have to wait 1-2 billing cycles. We'll see. Also had a rep during last conversation add HBO since I do have Unlimited Plus with AT&T and was told multiple times that I would not be charged for it. Well, just got off the phone AGAIN with them and was told since my accounts have not yet been bundled that I'd be charged for the HBO. I just had it removed and got refunded the amount charged. Absolute worst experience ever. Can't wait until my 24m is up.

Worst service ever. Tried to purchase the AT&T U-verse Directv package. Att canceled the order by mistake. Directv had to do a second credit check after it had been approved once. The wrong service was installed! After 18 hrs and 24 calls on the phone they finally get the package back together. Directv changed the package and after 2 days on the phone still charged 190 dollar set up fee then told me there was nothing they could do about it!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my whole lifetime. RUN!!!

Over a year ago, a call was placed to customer support because the secondary box in the home did not receive the local channels. To correct this the support specialist by phone told that to correct the problem a newer box (even though it was identical to the primary box) would need to be shipped and the old box would need to be sent back to the company. This corrected the local channels but then couldn't get the upper channels - - - but again the primary box was fine. To attempt one more time to correct the issue, called support and was told needed to have technician to make a service call - - - wasn't told about the $100 charge.

Now that the technician is on-site, we're told that it'll be $100 or we can sign up for 7.99 / mo plus taxes. And that the only way the secondary box will work is if the dish is replaced and that the wiring for the satellite is replaced. Now to do this, we can either agree to $100 or agree to 7.99/mo plus taxes. So now that we are strongarmed into paying more than we should to fix a problem that we had no control over.

2 years up today and it was such a relief to cancel the service but not without a fight. After being price gouged for over 300 a month, stealing money for services we didn't ask for, getting some foreign person who can't speak English and service that doesn't work 1/2 the time, it over. They did try to pull a fast one by saying we changed something, so that put us in another 2 year contract, but then I had to threaten to take them to the magistrate and that ended that topic. The shows suck, most infomercials and pay per view and a mafia like business. Good riddance. You will never put your hands in our pocket again. I even chase people away when we see DirecTV in Sam's Club. Run like the wind from this corrupt tv service.

I almost didnt go with DirecTV because of all the negative reviews I read. I have to say my experience was nothing like those you read here. I'm sure most of those negative reviews are from people who would complain about winning the lottery. My service was installed without a problem. The appointment was between 8 and 12 and the installer was there right at 8 am. He sent me a text letting me know that he was on the way. He explained everything to me and I havent had one issue.

People you need to read the contracts. You have to click the right areas to get the free channels that are offered and it is right there that you will be charged for 24 months more in months 13-24. I also received my $100 gift card but you have to register to get that as well. So if you are on the fence just please dont read the reviews and let that sway you. I had Cox cable for over 15 years and only switched to DirecTV for the Sunday Ticket and the reviews are just as bad for Cox cable even though I never had one with them either.

I have been a DirecTV customer since 2006 and pay a monthly service charge of upwards of $134.00 a month for a less than acceptable TV service. Poor channel choices and we experienced DirecTV receiver issue on our main TV. When I telephone Customer service I was told I was "eligible" for a 1 month free maintenance agreement if I agreed to sign up for a monthly $7.99 maintenance agreement. My other option was to pay a 1 time $99.99 service call for DirecTV equipment. NO THANK YOU! I spoke to technician name Calvin who was very nice but said that DirecTV would not allow the techs to waive or decrease the service fee. When you have been a customer for 11 years and paid your bill with AUTO DRAFT for 8+ years WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LET A COMMITTED CUSTOMER GO!!! What a shame. Bye bye DirecTV. I would never recommend DirecTV to anyone. They have the poorest customer service.

DIRECTV Company Profile