Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.06/5
Based on 4,785 ratings submitted in the last year

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

16837 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 12, 2019

We’ve been a customer for years. The prices goes up but, we’ve been able to contact them to get the price adjusted without losing services we wanted to keep. Today, I bought a new tv for my husband and he wanted to add 4K to our plan. I called and they told me we need to update our box and it would cost 399.00. So...I told them no thank you because that’s outrageous! We’ve had these boxes for three years. Anyway, I hung up disappointed. About half an hour later a manager called me. She said the representative I spoke to brought the situation to her attention and, after reviewing our account, they would like to offer us the upgraded equipment at no charge. We scheduled the installation date. I was honestly so surprised. Directv isn’t known for great service and we have had our ups and downs with them but, this went over and above. It was refreshing and so appreciated.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I love DirecTV, I actually read the fine print no one reads, the price advertised online is a special price eg, promo price 35/mo reg price 81. So price reverts to normal after deal if you pay your bill on time and keep the other things you need to keep the deal like auto bill pay and paperless. First late payment you lose specials. If you read the terms and conditions and the fine print there is no surprises. Also if you read the bill it is very detailed.

On signal I love it I had a storm blow through I had no signal interruption. I dont know why people say it's bad in a storm. I have never needed to call customer service. The self care portal through the website is wonderful. I've only had to use it twice but I fixed my issue myself and I like that. The service is great if you pay attention to customer agreement, your bill, and the fine print when you sign up. And of course it's expensive. It's the best one out there, if you cant deal with normal price being high you get good service.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

WE had called in a few times about getting a wire that we needed for our older T.v. and were sent 4 wrong wires by 4 different agents. And then the 5th time we called and we Got the greatest Customer service rep. She knew exactly what cable we were talking about and she sent it to use and we got it earlier than what she said that we would but we wanted to give her a great review. I give her all 10's. She did a great job. She was fast to answer the questions that we had and was able to pin point exactly what we needed so If her boss is able to see this you should give her something very nice. She stated that she had worked at the customer service for a long time. I wish I would have gotten her employee number so they would know who I was talking about. She is a great person. Thank you very much.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Superb image and sound quality. But the recent "upgrade" for the onscreen display and selection process is quirky at best and much harder to use than the previous displays. The hand-held controller is frequently slow to respond, entries are hit and miss, and some erroneous screens come up (e.g., when deleting a show from the DVR queue, the screen will often select another show altogether). Also, there are recurrent periods of screen drop-outs not related to weather or dish obstructions. Overall, the DirecTV OS is now painfully complex to use. And finally, it is very difficult to determine the actual channel line up for the bare "Family Plan" and to set up a default "Favorite Channels" selection list. Nothing is on the website for this plan. Browser searches return some lineup lists, but they are inaccurate. I still do not know what channels are actually included in the "Family Plan."

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I would like to give supervisor in the Caribbeans office Ms. **, a 5-star. She went above and beyond her job title to help me Resolve my issue, to get me the best rate possible, to listen to my concerns. She was so caring she made me cry. I was having such a bad day that day but after I hung up the phone with her my day went wonderful from then on out. She searched the computer. She spent I don't know how long to help me with my billing. Not only did she help me with my billing she made my whole day. She is phenomenal.

When it comes to DirecTV this is the company to go with. They are honest, reliable and the cheapest cable provider that you can have. My picture, my sound is phenomenal. I love DirecTV. I have not ever had good cable service that I have now thanks to DirecTV. Ms. ** she has to get a 5-star because she went above, above and above her job title at DirecTV to make this customer happy. Have a blessed day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: June 15, 2019

DirecTV is lucky they got 1 Star. If a “no” star review was available, that’s what I would have given. I, unfortunately, have been a customer for over 12 years and the service is sooo bad. Unless you need the NFL ticket-RUN! Get another tv service. DirecTV is THE WORST! Sincerely, Lisa.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I received a flyer stating that I needed an upgraded receiver to continue getting local channels. I called the number on the flier and made an appointment for 4 days later on a Monday. Nobody showed. I got around to calling to reschedule an appointment and was shuffled from one person to another. I was asked the same questions by the SAME person at least 7 times. More actually. I gave specific directions how to get to my house to the person on the phone. I was finally scheduled after 38 minutes! I asked to please speak to a supervisor and was told that they were busy! I ended that call. I called DirecTV and told the person answering the phone that I wished to register a complaint to their supervisor about a previous call.

I was told the supervisor was on break! I asked if this was a way to avoid complaints? A supervisor came on the phone magically and opened my account. After asking if the phone number was the one that has been void for 2 years, and me giving her the same number that was given MANY times before she confirmed that I do have a scheduled appointment. I received a $20 discount on my bill for the accumulation of over an hour on the phone to schedule a equipment upgrade REQUIRED by DirecTV and the time waiting for a "no show". Unacceptable service.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I really wish I didn’t have to leave any stars. I have been with DirecTV for 7 years. Yes that’s right. 7 years and my bill for 2 TVs has always been in the $70 to $80 range. It is now over a $100. Last month the lady said she was giving me a credit to keep my bill at $70 a month, well to my surprise I open my bill today and it’s $100. I called and they said there is nothing they can do and they are okay with losing a customer they have had for 7 years. That is really poor customer service. They do not care about their customers. All they care about is charging you more and more each month. I WOULD NEVER recommend DirecTV to anyone! If they are willing to lose a customer over $30 a month then they don’t care about you as a customer in my opinion!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about DTV's shady new billing policy. If you intend to cancel, make sure you do it DAYS before your billing cycle starts. If you try to cancel even on the 1st day of your billing cycle, you will be charged for the next 30 days anyway. This is their new policy in Colorado (not in other states apparently). It doesn't matter if you are moving, sending back the equipment that day, etc. They will not remove the charges for the future month. Funny how they never bothered to notify their customers of this change in policy either. I was going to cancel last year and should have. I don't even see how it is legal to force someone to pay for services not received.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was a loyal customer of DirecTV for probably 10 years. The service worked great. A couple of months ago my receiver stopped working. I was getting a flash across the screen every couple of minutes. I contacted DirecTV multiple times to try and get this resolved. They charged my card for a new receiver. I called again and it was never delivered. After 2 months of going back and forth, I told them to cancel my service. It was just not worth my time. I also told them I was not paying for the 2 months while I waited around trying to get a new receiver.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I received yet another phone call from a DirecTV that I needed to understand: the name of the caller, the name of the company, and what it was about. There were a lot of questions and repetitions for them to communicate with me. The caller spoke very rapidly, in heavily accented English. When asked to repeat slowly, there was not much improvement. I appreciate the need for employment and their willingness to learn English, please just don't use them on the phone.

Original review: June 12, 2019

On May 28th 2019 I called DirecTV to evaluate the option of doing business with them. The agent over the phone said that not only was I eligible for the 300 $ reward card shown on the flier but I was also eligible for another $300 reward card. It's June 12 2019. I have been on their rewards site, called the customer service, talked to manager and even if they have the chance to review the phone call that are registered and listen to what the agent says they did not stand behind their promise. They are a JOKE. Their customer service is a JOKE. Do not trust them. They are a bunch of liars.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have been a DIRECTV customer for many years. I have always had issues with them. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with them and never have they resolved an issue. Finally last year I filed a complaint against them, and although they certainly did not resolve the issue, they did offer me a special price moving forward and credited me partially for my over-payments with two free months of service. Almost immediately my bill started creeping up again, until it was $250/month just for cable again!

Of course, I called several times to complain and to try to resolve the situation and wasted so many more hours. First, they refused to let me speak about the account until I paid the $250. Then I would make the payment and they would tell me that my only option was to reduce my package. They never could tell me why I was paying so much, only gibberish and the worst math I have ever heard. Their own explanation did not even add up. I felt like I was losing my mind trying to discuss my account with them. Then finally they shut off my cable for being one month behind (which I wasn't, they bill a month ahead) and I decided that I was not going to be hijacked again. I called them to tell them I was tired of being overcharged by $150/month with no one being able to explain why. I could not get through their phone system, the only option I had was to pay the bill. So then I contacted them on social media.

They called and left a message to call them back with a number and then about 15 minutes of the social media department swearing, talking about people and what activities they like to do, and then I knew why it's so hard to get through to them. I called the number they left and it turns out that I needed to give them a special code (which they didn't give me) and their phone just kept hanging up on me. Then I filed a complaint with the Office of the President and they would call me leave a message, and I would call back 5 minutes later and they were gone for the weekend. When I finally got in touch with them, they refused to speak to me without a password that apparently only they knew. Then they had the audacity to close my account with the BBB and state they could not get in touch with me.

Of course I responded to their ridiculous claims and finally spoke to someone in the Office of the President who also could not explain to me why I was being charged so much, but told me that I owed almost $500 that had "rolled over" from previous months and there was nothing he could do about it. Then not only did they charge me $185 for a month of cable that I never even got because they shut it off, but there was also another $185 due on top of that because they bill a month in advance.

The good news though is that they will credit me $100 after I pay the outstanding bill of almost $700. I mean come on, that doesn't even make sense! He did also assure me that they would give me the price that we agreed upon a year ago moving forward. I then asked him, "If someone stole $1000 dollars from you, would it make you feel better if they gave you $100 back and said they wouldn't do it again?" Because that is what happened a year ago and now here we are again. He then stated again that there was nothing he could do about the overcharging in the past, and he could not credit me over $100.

It's unbelievable that they get away with this blatant fraud, deceptive business practices and theft. If anyone else did this, they would be in jail. Instead there are literally thousands of complaints similar to mine on the BBB website, and no one does anything. I have now paid over $2000 in over charges in two years and the OOP had the nerve to say that I couldn't prove it. I explained that it was easy for me to prove, by pulling my bank statements. He then said that he would tell the FCC and the BBB the same thing, that there was nothing he could do about it. Now that is some awesome customer service. Now I just have to wait until they turn me into collections for their fraud. Unreal. Trust me there is no amount of cable that is worth what customers have to go through.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We were originally with AT&T Uverse (I loved it) but while we're were shopping at Costco a DirecTV sales agent caught the attention of my other half with NFL ticket. I explained to him I wasn't interested and we were locked into a contract. He went on to tell my OH that if we switched we wouldn't have to pay to get out of our contract with AT&T (we did have to pay it) and also that we'd receive a gift card for $300 to Costco. He went on to tell us that because we were singing up at Costco they'd waive our equipment fee and no service fees for 2 years. All of this was a lie. We had to pay AT&T, only got a $50 gift card and always have had an equipment fee.

And to top this off one of my boxes goes crazy and the screen goes blank but sound still comes out (it's the box we replaced the television first) and are being told that we have to pay $199 for tech to come out and whatever he wants to tack on as well as the box. I don't get how this is legal, but I'll definitely be warning others until I find a way to get this straightened out. I wish I could give zero stars because that's what they deserve.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I was a Dish customer for 15+ years until the HBO feud interfered with GOT. So I switched to DirecTV; I just canceled it after 3 months. There are several reasons I canceled. But, primarily it was because I felt as though I was spending valuable time flipping through channels (Shopping, religion, music) that I never asked for/needed; similar to hoarding, sure have lots of stuff with no use. Another reason: The channels I did intentionally purchase showed mind-numbing, mainstreaming, repetitive, boring content; I think of it as a waste of a good life. Why anyone would pay for such an experience is beyond imagination, or maybe imagination has been stifled by too much DirecTV. A third reason: I contacted DirecTV on more than one occasion, not due to meaningless perception, but because I was lost on their screen format; I wasn't able to watch what I thought I was subscribed to.

The person on the phone blew me off, he stated, "You're getting the channels you ordered. I couldn't get PBS stations, but I could get Jerry Falwell Jr? That's not what I ordered! I asked Directv to come out and assist me with how to program my channels. I was told "Didn't you get a guide pamphlet? We can help you over the phone." Needless to say, they never came out and I never received what I felt I had ordered; I thought I ordered entertainment, instead, I got more disappointed in the fact that I was wasting 140$ month for numbing my mind; wine can do that same thing cheaper, & more fun. So I bailed. Today I called DirecTV to ask them how do I get the equipment back to them? It's been 2 months. I was told just take it to the nearest UPS store. I replied, "It would have been good to have been told that sooner."

Original review: June 9, 2019

I call to complain because my bill was too high. It went up like 40.00 dollars. So when I call I told them my problem and the guy I talk to told me to not pay the extra amount. So when I went to look at my account they were showing I did not owe anything .So I went to my bank and they had taken out the amount without my consent so I call again and everyone I had talk to put me on hold and then I got disconnected. It was almost like they hung up and then same thing happen when I talk to someone higher up.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Life’s too short to deal with DirecTV. Their sales and ordering team are so helpful but they don’t know what they’re doing. I’ve just wasted my entire Saturday and days of calling before this. How hard is it to connect 3 more TVs to additional account. I guess it is for DTV. Please save your blood pressure, don’t be fooled, technicians are nice bit just shrug their shoulders and say you’re going to have to order this all over again, invest days on the phone and an entire day of your life waiting for installation only to be disappointed or compromised. I’m googling alternatives and DTV can come get their gear. I’m done.

Original review: June 8, 2019

This is the worse Scam company I’ve ever been with. Worse customer service. They tell you one thing and is another **. I don’t know why would AT&T partner up with DirecTV. I’ve been a customer with AT&T for many years and this is not how they work. I’m 100% disappointed.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Six months into my twelve-month contract, they offered to upgrade my equipment at no additional charge - I agreed, as long as there would be NO additional charge. They told me it may take 2-3 billing cycles to get credited for the extra fees that may show up on the first couple of invoices. Because no credit arrived on the third billing cycle, I called them. After nearly an hour on the phone, I was told they would correct the issue with the next billing cycle. A month later, the next bill came, with the continuing overcharges, and no credit. I called again, was told they could not refund the overcharges, but could instead lower my bill somewhat going forward. I expressed my displeasure, and was told they will look into it further, and they will get back to me within 5-10 business days. I am not holding my breath waiting for them.

Original review: June 8, 2019

So let me start with I have been a customer for several years now. This last experience is what has prompted me to leave feedback. After several issues here’s what happened on 6-8-19. So 2 days ago my tv stopped working saying my Genie isn’t connected to my tv. I swapped hdmi cables. Still nothing. Checked all connections. Still nothing. Went to bed and then to work the next morning. Came home from work and spent 30 minutes on hold. After spending 45 minutes with tech support came to the resolution they need to send a tech out and inspect the box. Scheduled the date for today 6-8-19 between 12-4. I wake up this morning check my emails and I have an appointment email from Directv. Open it up and the tech is going to my old address which is 5 minutes from my house I bought last year.

I went through the move my services they sent signal to my new address. I receive bills at my new address. So I call in this morning (day of tech supposed to be coming and approximately 4 hours before) and they are telling me, "Sorry for the inconvenience but we will have to reschedule you." Why do I need to reschedule?!?! I have an appointment today! I’m 5 minutes from my old house. I sold my Indians and Yankees tickets for today’s game because the tech was coming to my house. I am only off on the weekends and work 12-13 hours a day. After several years of being dedicated to this company and paying my bill on time every month this was the last straw. My service will be disconnected now and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I came home to find several of the channels I paid for were not working. I attempted to fix the problem by resetting my receiver. All my programming went out. After waiting for over an hour for customer service, I just gave up. This happened during the NBA Finals, which I was really interested in watching. Terrible service!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I called to have services transferred since we were moving- they applied a credit to my account immediately for being a loyal customer for the next 12 months. Then when the services were transferred a couple weeks later my bill went back up to the same it previously was. They won’t honor it after speaking with several agents- supervisors, managers in both the billing and loyalty department. I even have an email confirming what my bill about is and they are still not honoring. Ever since ATT took over they have horrible customer service and no American agents. Considering their calls are recorded you would think they would pull the call and follow what the previous rep said they would do but no- absolutely got nowhere. I might just have to take my business elsewhere once my contract is up. Very upset!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was a 7 year customer of DirecTV. Got them when I moved into my new house as it already had a satellite dish from DirecTV mounted on the house and I really wanted to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I then for 7 years dealt with nothing but horrible customer service from DirecTV. My wife and I couldn't be more frustrated with them and will never return or give them any more of our money ever! The ending was when I called to buy the MLB package and asked them if they could demote my Genie II back to the hardwired Genie I as we had nothing but connection problems since they installed what was supposed to be a very good product. This seemed to me like a very reasonable request considering they talked me into the new technology that didn't hold up very well at all.

Interestingly enough, about 8 months ago I had a tech come out and install a new box for a new TV in my kids room (this was supposed to be plug and play but turned out not to be the case) and he told me that I should call and get the old Genie box back as they were having a ton of issues with the new Genie II technology. So I called and was told by two different reps that I would be charged $300 to get a product back that I originally had (they were willing to discount up to $125) and that's when I said I'm done. Get's better... They didn't try to make me stay. Started wrapping up the account the minute I said I'm done. As if, they were more than okay losing a 7 year customer over this matter. And then, for the icing on the cake.... we got a bill for closing our account early in the amount of $50.07 today that they wouldn't remove. I breached this contract all because the product they installed didn't work and they refused to help me.

DirecTV calls lasted on average about an hour and they never seemed to be very helpful or knowledgeable. I have worked in the customer service business for over 15 years and truly understand how important it is to leave customers with a good experience. Not sure why DirecTV doesn't get that?? Glad it's over and would highly recommend them with a 0 rating not a 1 star but that's the lowest I can give them. Please save yourself the agony of dealing with these folks and go elsewhere. The NFL package isn't worth the pain of dealing with DirecTV no matter how big of a fan you are! Adam.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I spoke to a representative about the equipment I needed to return and was told that I owed $437 and $93.00 of that is the actual usage of the service. I returned the equipment one week ago. I called today and was told that I had to return the equipment within 180 days so I wouldn’t be charged???? And was told that my actual bill usage is $207???? So, basically I returned the equipment and now I have to pay for it!!!! Never will I ever deal with DirecTV again!!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

This company is the worst! Tell me how can a company offer a FREE TRIAL for 30 DAYS and charge them? Well that's exactly what happened to me. I tried out DirecTV Now streaming platform on the free trial for 30 Days offer on March 16th 2019. I cancelled it on March 20th 2019 (Yes exactly "4" Days) as I figured their service was not up to par with some of the competitors and extremely expensive with what you are able to get on their packages. Tell me why am I now noticing on my credit card they charged me $100 during that 30 DAY FREE Trial in which I only used 4 of those days?? I contacted them and the supervisor says there's no way to refund my money.

This place are thieves, crooks and should not be in business. They are not to be trusted. I suggest anyone current members or looking to become member double-triple check your bank statements. To let you know how sneaky criminals they are they never sent me a receipt of charging my card. There was no notification that my account would be billed as I was set up on a free trial and cancelled in ample enough time for them not to charge me a dime. Placing this on BBB as well. You see any company related to them RUN!! Or get ROBBED.

Original review: June 6, 2019

DirecTV LNB Receiver Problem 6 June 2019. During a recent system upgrade to the Genie 3, DirecTV installed a new and improved satellite dish. The satellite dish worked great for about one year and then the signal strength reduced to about 60% of normal. Tree obstruction and weather were not an issue. Quite, obviously, the low signal strength is the reason for the current “771” error code. I reset the receiver and did all of the troubleshooting suggested and nothing would eliminate this error code problem. On visual inspection of the LNB 3D2RBLNBRO-14 at the satellite dish, I determined that the plastic lens cap over the LNB sensor, was half full of water.

I called DirecTV customer support about a “771” error code on all my channels. DirecTV wants to charge me over $100 for a service call to fix the LNB lens water problem. I declined this and they offered me a maintenance warranty service contract for $8.95/month ($107/year). I also declined this offer. Why should a long time customer of DirecTV pay for defective part from their supplier? The customer service employee said he could not waive a service call expense.

I asked to talk to his supervisor and after a 10 to 15 minute wait on hold, I talked to his supervisor (** Michael). Michael also would not waive the service call charge and he insisted that water entering the LNB was my problem since it was weather related. He said he would waive only $8.95 for the first month of the warranty contract, and I must keep the warranty contract for at least 6 months. WOW, what an offer. I again declined the warranty contract and told the supervisor to cancel the service work order, I will fix it myself!

I went out to his satellite dish and popped off the lens cover and found that the “O” ring was not installed properly. This over time, allowed water to enter the LNB cavity behind the lens. After repairing the “O” ring and lubricating it, I reinstalled the lens cover and guess what, all of my signal strength numbers increased back to near 100%. Problem solved. Now, how many DirecTV customers have paid for a service call because the “O” ring was improperly installed by their supplier.

DIRECTV 4K LNB, Ultra HD, 13 Tuner, Replaces SWM 3 HD LNB (3D2RBLNB). Get 4K channels when used with this LNB. Attaches to any Slimline dish and provides 13-tuner capability to Genie DVRs and SWM-capable legacy equipment. Self-configuring, simply remove the old LNB connect it, and reboot all your receivers! Requires 21V power inserter (not included), Receives content from the 99, 101 and 103 Satellites Built-in...

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have been a DirecTV customer for many years. Since AT&T acquired DirecTV there have been constant software problems. They correct one problem and create a more severe one. At the present time, I am unable to watch regular TV or recordings. For recordings, the picture freezes and unfreezes every 10 seconds for a period of time. Eventually, it freezes permanently then a message appears asking if you want to delete the program. It might only be 10 minutes of an hour show! For regular TV, the same freezing problem occurs. At that point, the remote doesn't work so the only correction is to turn off the TV. By this time, you have missed a part of the show. Sometimes it freezes and then reboots itself.

The customer service is terrible also. This is a known software problem. Because they don't have any ETA for the problem to be corrected, they suggest sending someone to check the equipment. Person comes, says they can't fix it because it is a software problem. What a waste of time! I filed a complaint with the FCC. Someone from the President's office (supposedly) of AT&T called me. He offered me a credit to my account, to send someone to the house, or said we could part ways and I could find another company. I declined all. I am documenting day by day issues to see how long this goes on before I accept some small credit to my account. Telling me to go elsewhere was egregious. If I ever told a customer that I would be fired. I don't understand how a company can get away with charging customers for a product that does not work. I am looking into other alternatives. I suggest everyone do the same.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Wow, worst customer service I have ever experienced. Lost service on beautiful, clear days and they want to charge me to have someone come look. I spent 1 hour, 16 minutes on hold, talking to idiots, and transferred to six different people to get the runaround. I cancelled and was told my early termination fee must be paid and I told the guy I am not paying a cent and he said, "Fine, we'll cancel your service and you'll be sent to collections". If you are looking at this company for TV, DO NOT DO IT. PATHETIC! Seriously, don't do it.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The DirecTV guy talked me into upgrading to a Genie. He said they work better, they're faster. Clearer. Naa, I liked my old ones. For starters he knew I had 5 TVs in my house, but he never bothered mentioning that ONLY 4 could be watched at the same time. Isn't that a boatload of poop. What kind of a upgrade is it when we CAN'T watch one of our TVs. Now I'm stuck for another 2 years.

Original review: June 4, 2019

How very sad! I have been a customer of Directv for 20+ years. Lived in the same home for all that time with exemplary service. Then we moved in April and called DirecTV (now AT&T) to let them know of our new address. We were excited to be able to update our system and scheduled for a tech to set up service at our new home. The tech arrived and discussed that we needed some new wires and additional boxes to be installed and gave us a number to reschedule.

This is where the nightmare began ---- First, they would be unable to reschedule us until 3-4 weeks out. We agreed - though a little disappointed to be without TV services for 6 weeks. Then, after making sure that we would be available on the date provided we waited..waited..waited. Then, I get a phone call from a technician apologized that he would be running late. Unfortunately, he was dispatched to our old address. How this happened is still unclear - as the first tech made it just fine to the new address.

So... the apologetic tech advised us to call AT&T again.... This call ended up lasting almost 2 hours and 4 customer service reps later (as I was passed around like a bad habit) I received a customer service specialist who still couldn't update my new address. What the heck. A tech had already been here one time before! All I needed was for them to correct their mistake - update my address and send a technician (again).

All I needed was for them to correct their mistake - update my address and send a technician (again). Finally, I was exhausted from the evident lack of communication and hours on the phone that I cancelled my services all together. And, I even had to call back a second time (another hour on the phone) to make sure they cancelled my services - and of course they didn't. Shocked - not at all!! I have decided that if I have been without their services for this long that I really don't need them at all - and I am sure they will somehow penalize me for cancelling my services after 20+ years. So sad :(

DIRECTV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.

• Exceptional customer service: The company is rated #1 in customer service compared to other cable and satellite TV providers, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.

• Never miss a game: The NFL Sunday Ticket ensures all subscribers can watch out-of-market games.

• Expansive HD catalog: DIRECTV has 195 HD channels, including AMC HD, ABC Family HD, Hallmark Channel HD, among many, many others.

• Record from any television: DIRECTV service comes with an HD Genie that records shows from up to eight televisions throughout a home or office.

• Watch from anywhere: Customers can enjoy family favorites and recorded shows using a mobile device with an Internet connection.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs