toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

I have nothing but high praise for everyone involved in providing me with DIRECTV usage. That includes the person I spoke with on the phone, as well as the technician who installed. Although I was not person who was present during installation, I can say that the person who was, Randy **, told me that the technician was proficient and professional in all phases of the installation. We could not be happier with all phases DIRECTV, from the person who I initially spoke with, the technician who installed, and the final product!!!

So far there are no problems. Installation was on 2/27/16. The picture is clearer than U-Verse and I like the remote. The installer was personable and thorough in being sure I knew how to operate the functions.

I sincerely appreciate the patience in handling my questions. This is a new experience for me. Before calling, I had a sense of frustration. Afterward, I felt relieved. Thanks for the super effort.

We moved from Chicago to the woods in Michigan in 2008. Cable was not available nor was internet. DirecTV was offering a nice start up package so we took a chance on them. I have never had such good service nor customer service in my lifetime as a consumer of media. I have absolutely no complaints about them at all. When I asked about internet service they said we'd have to call Hughesnet as an adjunct. When I read the reviews about Hughesnet, they were horrendous and when I asked around, people told me some horror stories.

So we scrapped idea that and I lived with a very poor DSL signal with AT&T (old technology in our area). When DirecTV and AT&T merged, I was able to get unlimited data for my phone at a lower price and a much more decent DSL line, not quite the best but so much better. I am a fan of DirecTV and even when it snows, my poor husband gets up on a ladder and cleans off the receiver and we're up and running again. Kudos to both AT&T and DirecTV. Don't hesitate to order this excellent service. BTW I'm a customer, not some shill for the company. I live in Buchanan Township, MI.

My bill keeps going up but services remain the same. Been with DirecTV for 6 yrs but I don't know how much longer I want to stay with directv. I talk with directv but no one cares. I will be looking for another company soon. They suck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

1st yr pretty cheap and not bad service. However if rains or god forbid storm it's over. No more pic hold. On 2nd yr is nickel and dime you to death. It's never same each month even though nothing's changed after tons of having shows was watching or recording get cut off. No one knows why. Techs over tried charge because THEIR service didn't work. Constant losing connection when drizzled. I cancelled 4 months after 2 yr contract. They billed me for early cancellation fee 100 dollars and for a movie already paid for. I argued my point in no uncertain terms can't charge early fee for cancelling 4 mos after contract. Said well they could reinstate service waive fee AND give me 200 dollar visa card. WTH. I said "No you're a scam. Send me bill where shows I owe zero because I will never pay. Can bill me all want. I will take to court. Will definitely give scathing review which was anyway."

Then after confirming my initial install date July 2014 even though I cancelled Jan 2017 THEY SAID I upgraded DVR. Um no I most certainly did not. Then said, "Well it was supposed to go until 2017." I said "Wth! What talking about. You're grasping now," and guess what... she hung up on me. If they continue to bill me I will sue them. STAY AWAY. THEY ARE SCAM. NICKEL AND DIME TO DEATH. Change amount of bill about every other month and come up with stupid reasons. After I complain they take it off bill. Total complete headache. Only reason didn't change on very date of last day of contract is lack of options on my area.

I had Directv for 4 years and I moved December 30, 2016 and it has been one disaster after another with Directv. On day of the move, the technician walked in to my apartment (which previous tenant had DirecTV) and said it won't work and left. Had to wait a week with no tv until the next appointment for a "supervisor" to come out and install. That tech installed everything just fine, he didn't know why other tech couldn't do it. He informed me I had to have wireless receiver if I didn't want a cord throughout my apartment. I had to pay a huge installation fee for that and my monthly service amount would increase.

Now I am being charged a fee because it was installed in mid billing cycle and there is a fee to switch over even though I didn't have a choice and no one said there was a fee to switch over. The customer service department doesn't care. They are so big no one cares. I feel like a lost voice when I call in and I honestly don't want to move again because I don't want to deal with this ever again. They pride themselves on customer service and their commercials claim an easy move, and this was one of the worst experience ever in dealing with their customer service, waiting on the phone and them not caring.

Garbage hardware and abysmal customer support. I have been using DirecTV for a few months and overall was fairly happy with it. Recently I began to have some issues with On Demand Programming. Diagnostics said there was an issue with the internet signal. Odd as the receiver was hardwired and I have a 200 Mbps downstream connection, so I assumed it was the CAT-5 (internet cable).

I moved the receiver about six inches, likely less, just enough to reach the back to change the CAT-5 and the entire coaxial connection fell out of the back of the receiver. The cable didn't just come loose. The cable end did not come uncrimped from the coaxial. The connector to the receiver completely fell out. This was either used equipment or some of the mostly poorly manufactured rubbish I have ever seen. Worst of all DirecTV's so called customer service. Couldn't care less. I of course canceled my service. I'm sure I will be ripped off for an early termination fee, but at least I can warn others to stay away from this horrid TV provider.

We have been customers of DirecTV for several years. On the plus side, DirecTV is quick to offer assistance when you finally reach a customer service representative. On the negative side, that person is not located in the United States and English is definitely not their first language, making it difficult to understand them a lot of the time. On the negative side the following issues are frequent: frequent loss of satellite connection; charges for HD for every tv that is to receive HD (why? it doesn't cost them any more for two or three than it does for one); increasingly shows programs that promote sexual immorality, drugs, vulgar language, and violence, and a majority of the programs in our package are commercial sales channels and/or other languages.

We would change service immediately but plan on moving in a few months. The union of AT&T with DirecTV did not resolve any of the negative issues, in fact it seems more immoral programs are being promoted than ever before. We WILL NOT TAKE OUR DIRECTV with us! We will NOT recommend DirecTV to any of our friends.

I have been a customer for over 15 years. A year ago, our DVR started skipping portions of recorded programs. So I called and told them about the problem and also asked about the newer receiver they were advertising. They offered to send me the current model and according to DIRECTV, I was transferred to the "verification" department to confirm my "upgrade" agreement with a new 2-year contract (remember this is to replace a bad receiver, and as I found out later, I would have gotten the new model in either case of a warranty repair or upgrade since they no longer offered the old one).

I think my reply at the time was " I guess" but now, a year later, I find I watch almost exclusively through other streaming devices, (plus a son in college) and I contacted them to cancel my service. I explained all of the above, but was completely stonewalled by the customer service manager, and I got nowhere. I am going to be billed $20 mo for the remainder of the 24 mo contract, but in the long run, it is cheaper than continuing service. I am disappointed that they have lost me as a customer forever. I found this legal info pertaining to a verbal contract, and as it turns out, it seems like DIRECTV is able to do this by providing a "service" and in "leasing" the equipment.

I am appalled at the customer service and the way they do business. When my contract is over I will not be renewing. I was given 3 movie channels with my package, I did not ask for these. Was told I must call to cancel after three months or be charged. I called to cancel. Apparently it was three days before the actual three months. I was told I would be charged for early cancellation. Really, I didn't order this!!! I called back in three days. It took almost 30 minutes to cancel. When I asked about my gift card that was promised I was told I had to go online to request.

So I went online, hello! There are several websites for rewards, none of them worked. Ok now I'm mad, I called Directv AGAIN got a nan who said I had already received a card. NO I have not. Stated someone would contact me in 10 days. Wow. Where are these people from. I guess I really can't blame the customer service rep. I'm sure they are being told what to say. So so disappointed. One would think they would bend over backwards to keep customers. So sad.

On February 9, 2017 I received a form letter signed by "Your DIRECTV Service Team" presenting 3 good reasons to come back, ie: The Price, The Programming and The Perks. The Perks included a $200 DIRECTV Visa Reward Card (Offer Code WBK11). I asked about the redemption process. The agent informed me that, after the TV service was installed, I should go to their website, www.directv.com/redeem and request the mailing of the $200 Visa Reward Card. That same afternoon I called DIRECTV, accepted their offer and scheduled installation of the $19.99 SELECT Package for today, Monday, February 13, 2017's time window 8:00 - 11:00 AM. The technician's/ arrival at 1:30 PM forced me to cancel and re-schedule several engagements. The technician, Joe **, apologized and explained reason for his late arrival. He completed the installation at 2:30 PM.

After receiving several calls from DIRECTV inquiring if the installation was completed and responding affirmatively, I waited until 9:00 PM and logged into www.directv.com/redeem. That website has no reference to Visa Reward Cards. Three frustrating hours trying to communicate with the automated system and several agents and supervisors involving several transfers, puts on lengthy holds and a couple of disconnects have produced no results. I gave up after the last supervisor I talked to informed me that I could have the card mailed to me by calling 1-800-764-2410. When I called that number, an automated voice answered and asks: "Please enter the last four digits of your prepaid card number." After a few seconds, the request is repeated. Then a few seconds later the voice instructs you to call back when you find the number, says "Goodbye" and hangs up.

Renewing service - Was notified AFTER my contract was expired, after my rates were raised very much. Called to set up new contract, and was told they would credit me for the current month. One month later I get a bill without any credits, wanting over $100 in "back charges". I was lied to. And when I called "customer service" I got, "Sorry, the other person didn't give you the right info..." After being with them for several years, this is how I'm treated? Lying, dishonest and deceitful describes DirecTV!

DirecTV whomever are nothing but a F scam bugs - on 2-5 2017 spoke with someone by the name of David and I have his ID number and he promised me to give me a price of 113/month for one year, and said he is going to send me an email confirmation and never happened. You lying scam bug - this company should be shut down for malpractices - DirecTV - all your customer services are scam bugs and deceiving - I will file a complaint and do anything to smear your ** reputation.

The contract with this company is not really a contract. They can change the contract at any time and not even have to inform you. You will however be locked in to the 2 yr agreement. So let's say they drop a channel you watch or they change the cost or their equipment fails. It is not your equipment. They own all these components even if you paid for them!!!! Then you will be charged for cost to replace. The 2 yr agreement will then be started again from that repair/replace date.

I have been a customer for over 10 yrs. I have standard def receivers 2. One is a RCA the other a DTV. The DTV receiver is of the lowest quality. The RCA, which is very old but still works is with a great picture much better that the DTV receiver. So I have other options for TV Comcast and/or Verizon FIOS but because I have been a customer for all this time my rate is lower than being a new customer.

WHEN DTC CHANGES THE CONTRACT AND FORCES ME TO THE HD AND HIGHER RATES I WILL DROP THEM. I can do this because I have no locked in agreement. If I change any equipment even if THEIR BOX craps out I will be forced into a 2 yr agreement. I will drop them. If I want HD I even being a 10 yr plus customer WILL have to pay for all the equipment and the cost to install PLUS the 2 year agreement. Then if I cancel all that equipment I paid for I have to ship back to California.

Service is poor and unless you're an electronic tech you will not be happy with service. I guess the only reason I am one of very few that have had this so long is I do all the repairs... I do expect this to end soon on my use of DTV... good luck if you do have to use this product for TV viewing. I have read these posted issues with DTV on the purchasing and the billing using telephone communications. What I do is converse with them by email. Now you have proof in written format. No he said she said etc... And if it's going to be a big cost because they failed to fix or lied, you will win in court.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 22, 2017

I received a call from the President's Office of DirecTV and they have agreed to zero out my account that I closed so that I owe nothing. I was very grateful for the assistance of David ** of DirecTV for contacting me both my e-mail and phone and he is sending me a revised billing statement to show my account has been zeroed out.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I am SO DONE with DirecTV. I ordered a "bundle" (landline phone, internet, TV) from their representative in Walmart and they cut off my regular landline and internet and only installed the TV. Phone calls to various customer service lines did nothing, and I was told everything from DirecTV doesn't provide phone and internet service, to how I should track the salesman down but that he goes from retail store to retail store and they didn't know where he would be. I wanted to terminate and was told I couldn't do that.

I called in Cox Cable to handle the entire bundle, which they installed the next day and I am pleased with Cox Cable's services and products. BUT I have filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office because DirecTV was advertising services to me that they didn't provide and weren't going to provide. And I received a bill yesterday that they are going to start auto pay and taking money out of my account. I soundly say DO NOT GET SERVICES FROM DIRECTV.

Worst experience ever, I am writing this as I have been waiting hour and thirty minutes. I have called 3 times in 2 weeks for my credit on my CC and still nothing. Rep this morning said that there is nothing in the system showing that I called 2 weeks ago and spoke to someone for 38 minutes to get this credit going. So I have been waiting on a supervisor for over an hour. Horrible customer service dept. and company.

We will never use DirecTV again. They changed the package we use by removing one of the channels and putting in another package without notice. This is unethical business practice and becoming the norm in greedy business throughout the US. I am sickened that this crooks can just do something like that without giving any notice to us, as we are still paying for the package that we were using and then they change it by taking the LMNHD out of the package. Sick of these businesses cheating customers! Hopefully in the not too distant future Karma will come to take a chunk out of your greedy big pockets! YOU RUN A SCAM!

I would like to first start out with the fact that I do not complain easily and I absolutely do not make a complaint viewable to the public however in this nature I feel like it is in my civil duty as a human being to warn people of this company. Me and my husband had DirecTV years ago and we loved them. We stuck with them for years until we moved to another apartment and sadly we were unable to get directv coverage where we located to. We went a while without cable and to be honest we missed directv. With our change in location they were contracted to Dish Network so we eventually gave in and signed up with them. They were good but not directv good.

Our most recent move we were so happy to find out that we would be able to get directv. I chatted with a representative online and we worked out a pricing quote and a plan. I was assured a package for a discounted price since we had AT&T and we were able to combine. Also our credit check came back clean. We had the tech come out as soon as possible but he brought us bad news. We would not be able to get directv due to a tree being in the way of the satellite. So do you know what we did? We paid a tree cutting business $800.00 to cut that tree down. I have proof of this, as I know this seems like a fabricated comment.

When I called back barely a month after the first tech came out they advised me that since no cable was installed at the time of the appointment that they had to close our account. So I stated understanding and tried to open up a new account with the same package. They advised me that I would be unable to get this package and this was unsettling since I had just barely a month beforehand set this whole package up. The sales rep transferred me to her manager and I spoke with him specifically. He advised me that I would get the choice package with destination america added on for 5.00 a month. I said "great, that's wonderful" and set up another installation.

The tech came out and set up our cable and things were a go. Until we noticed that we were unable to watch any of the channels that we requested. I called Directv to see what was going on and they advised me that they do not know what discount I was given and they are not sure why they would tell me about an add on fee when they do not do that. I advised them to listen to the recording of the initial set up. However they stated they were unable to get the recording as there was a specific department that was only able to obtain this. I was transferred to numerous departments and was talked down to as if I was a bother. I hate to admit it but I was even so frustrated that I cried.

After getting nowhere and no managers being able to help me resolve this they finally advised me that they would put in a request with the Escalation department and I would get a call back. I never got a call back. I called back numerous times to get an update and nothing. I spoke with Isreal ID- ** Who was extremely rude and I had an emotional breakdown. I have never felt like such a small human before. I can honestly from the bottom of my heart say that I felt like I was less than garbage to him and he could care less.

That wasn't the end of this though. I spoke with Ava ID **, Angel ID- **, Chris- ID-**. Most recently I spoke with a rep named Diego ID_** and he advised me that another the AT&T bundle that we were under the impression we were getting was not on our file either. He stated that he would note this in our file so it could be resolved and again to our surprise that did not happen. This whole situation with directv has been a nightmare and I am so disappointed with them. They use to be such a wonderful company. The sad part about all of this is that this is not just one of the reps that this problem resides from, it is from the whole company itself. Numerous departments I was sent to and all the same thing. One thing being told to me and then to find out that it is not only untrue but not even documented. I am waiting for our response back regarding our recording to be reviewed and luckily we have an attorney that is helping out.

I use to think that directv was the way to go but I have never been more wrong. If you are looking for a company that is honest and cares for their customers then I would choose Dish network. Heck even Comcast if it gets down to that. But I vow to inform as many people as I can of this experience so that they do not fall victim to this company. I must say that I am saddened to have to go to this extent but I cannot let others go through this. Thankfully I have shared my story with many people that would have just as easily fallen for this as we did. I do not mean to defer potential customers as I do understand that everyone has their own opinion but experiences speak louder than any bogus offers.

More than 3 hours and 3 people later and quoted 3 different prices. This call was just as painful as the 3 calls and wrong quotes a year ago to get installed. So a year ago I just wanted to transfer my flawless Uverse service I have had for so many years but was told they dont service my new area for TV services but they do for internet and security??? Anyway they (ATT) swore the service would be the same because it was now all under ATT and they would find me the same package pricing and so on. OK I fell for it so they connected me with DirecTV CS and even told them what I was looking for.

So I told DirecTV I wanted same service which included a DVR as my main box. I thought I was all set... not true. I received 2 more calls each saying they were calling to set up the service install I had just set up so I had to repeat the install instructions twice more. I travel often for work so my adult Granddaughter was there for install. When they arrived they needed to collect for other charges that were quoted incorrectly so before install she had to get that corrected. They installed and left without any instruction on how to set up and use.

The next couple of weeks were spent unpacking and traveling until I got a call from my Granddaughter that the TV box installed was not a DVR. So she called them and couldnt take care of it so I had to make... yep... 3 more call from outside the US to get a box installed. First they wanted to charge me an install charge then said I had too many boxes and finally I get the correct order installed. Randomly I have to check my bill because they add "free trials" or change line-up. This month it was several changes that prompted a chat session.

The first rep was nice but quoted the wrong prices, then when I inquired about the contract dates she informed me it was a year longer than I was told it would be when I signed up. Then I was promptly disconnected from chat. Second chat... yes I had to repeat everything that happened in the first chat. He said he didn't see any changes were made and then he saw the change was made and then he quoted me yet a different price and package. When I asked about the additional charges he just gave me a link to an site to read about it.

When I asked about the contract he gave me an 800 number with a pin and said "with the pin you wont have to repeat what you have said." I called and yes I had to repeat everything. Now mind you this is customer satisfaction resolution I am speaking with. So She repeatedly read the script "your contract is extended because you upgraded your equipment" and yet for the 3rd time while thinking I must be speaking a different language, I repeated, "No mam I was correcting my install order that was installed incorrectly". It made not one ounce of difference in her recorded response. At the end I just gave up.

It will cost me $220 for their errors but it will be the best money I have spent to be done with bad customer service. Ok this is almost the best part: DTV: "so before we end the call, how is your equipment working for you." My response "same as any other cable equipment boxes work." DTV: "So who is your internet provider." Me: "ATT". DTV: "You know we can switch you right now for $40 a month." Me: "(laughing) Mam it is worth $20 a month more for me to stay with them and not deal with DirecTV, have a great day."

Unbelievable... This is your customer resolution department brought to you by DirecTV and ATT company... It reminds me of the Continental/United merger. It also reminds me of a cellular company I just read about that used these same tactics... I just don't get it. My company would be bankrupt if I allowed this kind of non customer service. The resolution is to wear you down so that you give up. There must be another service and I will find it but read as many reviews as you can before you consider a service you are signing a contract with that you can't read.

I have had Directv since it started. I love the channels and equipment. Every year I get a little more tired of the hassle of calling in to re-negotiate with them on pricing, and that's after you notice that your bill has gone up $40-$50 and you have to pay it. Well, this time they have stooped to an all time low. Called in 3 nights ago and went round and round for an hour trying to come to an agreement. Bill was $140 something and they were going to give me all new equipment waive the wireless $99 and my bill was going to be $97 for the first year and $124 for the second year, and had to sign to a contract for the 2 years. I said I wanted the same price for the 2 years at $97, and they said no and I said that we were probably going to do something else and they said ok and hung up.

So I told my wife tonight even if they don't care about us canceling service, I do, and want to keep them. So we call tonight and start the negotiations again and the lady proceeds to tell me she sees all the notes from 3 nights ago but all of the so called offers were no longer offered to us. We said "really?" and she said "yes really". No waiver of the $99 wireless fee, and less of a discount per month. How can they do that morally or better yet legally? I guess when they record these phone calls it's only what we say and not what they say. It has me absolutely infuriated.

If you're a new customer they offer you all kinds of deals though. I guess that's how they suck you in though. Told my kids I was getting them new equipment in their rooms so they could watch all the channels and get hd and ended up keeping all of the old equipment and taking a discount on our bill for a year to keep it affordable on our budget. Oh, and the discount was less than the one that was offered to us 3 nights ago. Hope someone finds this useful.

Had directv years ago back in NY. Service started going downhill so went to Verizon. Moved to Linden, NJ. Have only Xfinity which has horrible service so called DirectV and decided to wait out for Verizon. Spoke to a rep who promised me the moon and back. Being that I was a customer before back in NY. I was told I would get all these discounts. Never mentioning 24 months of being locked in.

Fast forward 13 months later my bill doubled. Called them to discuss a better option. I was told that they would give me regular channels 2,4,5,7,9,11 for 60 dollars a month. I was shocked so told them after this next month bill. Take me off autopay and I will cancel. Once the month was over I call to cancel and this lady had the nerve to tell me how they gonna make their money. I told her just send me the box so I can send them their equipment. I was told then that I owe them a cancellation. I was like for what so she said I am in a contract for 24 months. I never knew or told about this until that time. I disputed it with a rep who told me he would cancel it and give it 72 hours. Fast forward to today and found out my bank account had 226 taken by directv. I want my money Back. I am now going through my bank to fight this. STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV.

I called and made an agreement for my service for $50.00 a month. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford a large bill. Every couple of months it keeps going up about $ 5.00 to $8.00. I am at the point of disconnecting my service. I was going to move it to another house because I really like Direct but not now. The person I spoke to in the Loyalty Program was very rude. I guess I will be looking for something else in the near future.

Sign up for the bundle pkg. Set the appointment for Feb. 2 2017. The company set up the boxes and said they will send the internet and phone. AT&T never showed up so DirecTV said to call them (AT&T) so I called them and said they can't set up internet in my area. So I called my old company, they help me but could not get better price so I paid more. Called DirecTV and said there is nothing they can do. So now I'm paying a lot more so I told them you have to make me whole. I want my contract cancelled because they broke it by not honoring it. My feeling is the rep. was not trained properly or just lied. Anyway I feel they took advantage of me. I hope to cancel my account without a charge. Buyer BEWARE.

DirecTV new charges. I have an increased charge on my bill this month. It is called "Regional Sports Fee". What the heck is this?? I don't even know. To get rid of it I must downgrade my package, which is: "Choice Xtra Classic." This is no cheesy package as the cost is quite high. To get rid of a "Regional Sports Fee" I have to downgrade? This is stupid. If I was not trapped in a contract with this "Fly by night" company I would cancel all dealings with them as they flat suck.

Holy crap! I just called to ask about basic cable and every time the answering system itself hung up on me. Called before they're open: "I'm sorry you have called after business hours." *doot* (hangup). Call #2 "thank you for calling about new DirecTV service. Press 1 to order new service. Press 2 for all other questions." *Presses 2* "I'm sorry you have called our new customer service line, if you decide you need service in the future please call back." *doot* (hangup). Call three: *listens to options twice without pressing* "Sorry I didn't understand you." *doot* (hangup).

Customer service sucks. You can't talk anybody in the US. You get somebody who has poor command of English. They keep repeating back your question. If I wanted to speak to somebody in the Philippines I would call there. And they won't switch you to anybody in the US. I am looking for another company to provide me TV service. You get all these infomercials who cares about frying pans.

I do not know what you mean by "responsibly." I do know that I am vehemently dissatisfied with DIRECTV and it service. By service I mean the deal we contracted for--they broadcast the channels that we have agreed upon for a certain amount of money. For some time I have exercised patience when DIRECTV experienced problems derived from inclement weather. But now I experience quite specific deficiencies in my signal, poor weather or not. I can't get a football game, or a movie on Cinemax, but QVC is still on and in HD. This may be DIRECTV's priority, but it is not mine. It galls me to no end that this dribble is on in full glory, while I can't access the channels that are my only interest.

The techs try to help, but are in unable to rectify the problem. Their solution is to give me a free month of the channels that I cannot watch. I am not looking for anything free! I am willing to pay for the service, but I am not willing to pay for a service that does not deliver. I watch TV to relax. Now, DIRECTV has taken that away from me. Every time that I turn on the TV and don't get the channels for which I have paid, I burn in anger with the knowledge that they are taking my money for nothing in return. I intend to switch services, but the fact that some of DIRECTV format is offered while other parts are denied, gets my goat. Shame on you! I am just one account, and I am sure that this conglomerate will not notice my absence, but I hope no one else will suffer the illusion that DIRECTV is an equitable partner. They are thieves or worse yet, incompetent boobs.

I have been a DirecTV customer for over 20 years with the premier package for at least 20 years. I can no longer program my DVR from the online guide. I can get star ratings from the guide channel for movies on only one receiver even though I pay for 2 others. For the $200+ per month this really stinks. Loyalty means nothing to this company. Will switch to Dish ASAP.

On Jan 24 at approx 10 am PST, we had DirecTV re-establish service at our new house. My wife, who was at home at the time expressed interest in obtaining "wireless" service to TV(s) that would be difficult to set signal up to within our house. The technician called the service center to inquire about setting up that service, the employee at the service center advised the tech that there would be a $100 fee to add the service but that they would waive such fee. The call center employee also advised that there would be a $7/month fee for equipment.

My wife agreed to the initiation of the service. She was not however made aware at any point that we would be entering a 2-year "agreement" or "contract" at ANY point of that conversation. We, at that point were already on a 2-year contract that had commenced around August of 2015 after deciding to pay a "early contract termination" fee with AT&T for deceptively entering us into a 2-year agreement w/ U-Verse and going to DirecTV because of that. This seems to be a consistent strategy AT&T uses into binding consumers into contracts as AT&T now owns DirecTV. Had we known we were entering a new contract we would have opted to not start wireless services.

DIRECTV Company Profile