1.68/5
Based on 1,698 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

15821 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've been a DirecTV customer since 1996. When they began the service was great. Now with the advent of ATT/Directv it literally sucks. when the Genie came out, I called and was told I didn't qualify for one since I wasn't a new customer. Fast forward to the present, on June 26 2018 I got a DirecTV call asking if I wanted Showtime free for 2 months. I emphatically said no but the rep chose to add it anyway. After I found out I called to have it removed, but it was not done. 16 July, I called again and had a customer service rep tell me he could not remove it. I was on the phone for 40+ minutes trying to get this removed. As a loyal customer I'm very angry, having a service added without my authorization and to have to literally act up to have it removed. AT&T is really ruining what was once a great company.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I am very upset about the technician fee of 100 dollars to just come out to your home. My signal was getting broken and there was no trees or anything blocking it. The dish was Just getting rusty is what the man said. Not my fault and still this big charge. DirecTV is charging a arm and a leg for their service and now they double their service fee. They rake you over the coals. AS soon as my contract is up in February I am done with them. They tricked me anyway saying I was getting a one year contract but find out a year later that it is 2 years and the 2nd year the price went way, way up. I am done with them. Bunch of crooks.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

I discontinued my Comcast account because DirecTV has a football package. The customer service agent I had on my initial signup sounded friendly. She asked my internet requirements so she could pair me with the appropriate service. The internet is not even strong enough to run on demand programming or Netflix. Besides these issue, I've been been lied to, over billed and had the complete run around with their customer service agents. Again, they are friendly but deceptive. I tried to cancel my subscription so I could go back to Comcast and they want to bill me $360 for cancellation. I would not recommend DirecTV to anyone. Their commercials put on a huge sell but it is the complete opposite. Go with Comcast if you have that option. Much better service.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I find it hard to find the words for how bad AT&T (DirecTV of old) is at running what was once a great service. I'm thinking AT&T wants to put DirecTV out of business for some low handed reason. First they supply their new Remote which is the worse designed piece of junk ever made. Then they top it off with the worse Menu possible. The first thing they did was make the FONT Smaller! What are they thinking. Now I can't read the menu on my smaller TV's. Then absolutely every change they made was worse than what we had. I can't stay with a Company that's that dumb. I'm looking elsewhere for TV service. And while I'm at it I'm going to remove AT&T from my Life. Right now they have all my services, home phone, cell phone, DSL, and TV. Soon they'll never have to be mentioned in my Life again. Now I know whenever I ask anybody about AT&T they are hated by all.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We signed up for DirecTV a year ago, we agreed to a 2yr discount and have the substantiating paperwork. After 1 yr they raised to regular price and customer service is obtuse and not helpful. I have learned that the FTC has filed suit regarding such matters with ATT/DirecTV. They also are still trying to bill me from an old account for a week's service after my service was discontinued, I had fulfilled the time requirement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have had DirecTV for 10 years. They contacted me to say they needed to update their equipment; I made an appointment for an 8-12 window. They were a no call, no show; when I inquired they said they had trouble because people didn’t show for work; this begs the question of who they’re sending into your home. I rescheduled for the following week; no call, no show. They then sent someone out the following day without my authorization for them to be at my home. Needless to say, I have switched services. They clearly have no consideration for their loyal, paying customer’s time. Do not invest your hard earned money with this company!

Original review: July 14, 2018

DirecTV can be a joke 90%. They lie to you, they don’t care about the small customers. They have not changed anything, about their services since AT&T bought them. They don’t have one person there, that can help the customer. They do not care, if you have been there for years, or days. I’m about to leave DirecTV, and go back to my cable company. It’s like pulling teeth, just to get them to come to your house. They do not want to help you. They are a joke. I have problems with them every month. And when I tell them they are about to lose me. They don’t care. How do they stay in business? Why did AT&T take them over?

Original review: July 13, 2018

DirecTV has the worst customer service. I was told that fees would be taken off my account and that never happened as promised. Instead they send me to collections. When I called back to speak about what was promised the costumer services rep was unprofessional and keep me on hold for 45 mins when I asked for a supervisor and hold up the call. The only answer they wanted to give me was there is the number for the collector's company. A company who makes agreements then plays games with peoples lives shouldn’t be acceptable. I was a good costumer and paid my bills on time and returned my equipment when I left but their personnel thought it would be fun to play games with people's lives. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 13, 2018

DIRECTV is the WORST! We had another provider for 8 years, however when we moved to a new house we decided to try Directv because it was cheaper. We are 9 months into our 2 year contract and I am already counting the days until I can cancel my service with them. We have had nothing but trouble from the beginning. First bill, they charge us for installation even though it was supposed to be free. When I call about the erroneous charges, I get the runaround (even though I have it in writing that it’s free). I am told there is nothing that can be done other than to go into a store (which is a 30 minute drive) to have the erroneous charges removed. Finally I had to threaten to cancel my service in order to be transferred to someone else, who finally issued the credit.

Next problem, the “free movie channels.” I go online to cancel them prior to charges being added to my account when the trial is up, but you cannot remove them online, you have to call. So, I call on December 23 to remove the “free” movie channels they give as an “incentive/bonus” for signing up before they charge me the outrageous fees for them. I am told I have to call on EXACTLY January 10 to have the channels removed and not be charged. What?! Customer service tells me that because this is a “national promotion” they are unable to remove it, but she will make a note on my account.

I call back in January. Then I get my bill and they have charged me. They show no record of my 2 previous calls to remove the “free” premium movie channels. I end up having to call 2 additional times to finally get my bill correct. So that’s a total of 5 times I had to call to deal with their error to get this “convenience” of “free movie channels” removed.

I finally get 1 bill that is correct. Then the following month they have added an additional charge for some other movie channel that I never authorized. When I call about that I am told that it was another “free promotion” that we had and the trial period had ended, resulting in the charge. There was never any communication about this “promotion” nor was there anything about it on my bill until they charged me. They agree to a “partial credit” because I called midway through the billing cycle. I had to go round and round with them that they were going to remove the full amount, because I’m not paying for something I never knew I had. They finally give me the credit.

Then, I get to deal with more joy from their “promotions” when I call to cancel NFL ticket before I get charged for that. Oh, wait, I called too early to have it cancelled, I need to wait until it appears on my bill. So, I wait. I go online hoping I can just cancel on there, which would be a million times easier and faster. Nope. Just like the “free premium channels” you have to call to cancel this “free” service also. It took 25 minutes and 3 different customer service people in order to have the “free promotional” NFL Sunday ticket removed. That is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t know how much more I can take, I’m strongly considering just cutting my losses and paying the early termination fee just to be done with them.

I don’t know where this company learned about customer service, but they obviously need to go back to the drawing board. If they want to keep their customers, they need to stop ripping people off with all of their “promotions” that ultimately are just an excuse to trick people into paying more each month. Also, make it easier on your customers. People are busy; they don’t have time to sit on the phone for 25 minutes to remove a “free” service. Just allow people to remove these items online. They of course have no problem allowing people to ADD services online, but somehow can’t figure out how to let people remove them online? Yeah, that’s really great customer service. Only 15 months until I never have to worry about my Directv bill again!

Original review: July 13, 2018

DirecTV has the worst customer service. The individual people are nice, but they always have to follow a script for upselling products before they will even address questions. I cancelled a freebie they gave us when we signed up before the free time ended. It was a product we told them we didn't even want, they just plow through with adding it. Suddenly, a $48 charge showed up on my statement without notice. I called back. They did not see my previous calls to fix this, and they will not reverse the charge. They said it was an auto-bill, and you have to cancel it AFTER you have been charged. No one you speak with has any authority to handle situations, and they do not know what they are doing, except try to be nice. This company is completely incompetent. They don't seem to empower their employees to actually help their customers.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Shows cut out making you go back over and over and clicking on the show again and again to watch. The cloud service is even worse. When I went to customer service you get nothing but a computer generated set of questions that ask the same questions after you answered. No live help with a human. Ah the good old days of getting a person you can barely understand, at least you had a person and not an endless loop of repeated useless question that get you no answers.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I've been a DirecTV customer for 19 years. I was a huge fan of this service and would never dream of living without it. If, for no other reason, I wanted the football package. I paid them a minimum of $200+ per month for 19 years. If this is how they treat me, imagine how they'll treat you if you're new. I got a new job in a new town and moved into a rental property that wouldn't allow Satellite. When I called them to explain the situation, they said "no problem... We'll send you boxes so that you can return the equipment." The boxes never came. After 2 weeks, I called again. They apologized and said they would send the boxes. Again, the boxes never came.

I called again and asked for an address where I could send the equipment. The shipment that I paid for was returned "un-deliverable". I called again and was given a different number to reach them. Turns out the new number was to their collection agency: IC SYSTEM INC PO BOX 64378 SAINT PAUL, MN 55164... a nameless, faceless collection agency that didn't care if I sent back the DirecTV equipment, they only would discuss payment options for the $504 that I now owed and was in collection. They would call dozens of times... spoofing their phone number so it resembled my phone number. They would even spoof their number to make it appear like numbers in my contact list (pretty strange).

I tried numerous times to talk to DirecTV (the company) only to be referred, again and again, to the collection agency. I'm now trying to buy a house in my new town and as of yesterday, I have a collection reported on my credit report for $504. This amounts to nothing short of extortion. They will send you their equipment... give you no way to return it, but, charge you a hefty amount of money for not returning the equipment. I disputed the entry on my Experian credit report, only for it to come back a day later as "resolved" and still on my credit report. After dealing with this company for this many years, I can honestly say it got so much worse after they were purchased by AT&T. Don't subscribe to this service!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have been a week trying to get their service with two days sitting at home for installation that no one showed up to install. I would not recommend this company to anyone. When you do call you are on hold more than talking being transferred from one person to another. I would do without a tv before ever using this company.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I’ve got a different type of experience I guess than most reviews here. It’s with the installers. I’ve attempted 3 times now to get DirecTV. First time was back in 2012 when we bought a house out in the mountains of Oroville. DirecTV came out and immediately said “nope, there’s no line of sight." I get it. I lived in the mountains. There were lots of trees but there was line of sight. The tech just didn’t want to deal with a 4300 square foot house and a difficult install. I called DISH Network who came out and made it work using two dishes. How did they get it to work? They thought outside the box because they wanted my service.

Later, we moved. House didn’t work out and we moved back to town into an apartment type place. We aren’t in an apartment but more of a one story townhome. We have a large backyard and plenty of room for a dish. However the rules here prohibit installation on the building. When we moved we brought DISH Network with us but I really wanted DirecTV and was willing to eat the early disconnect fee to have it installed at our new place. Installer came out and again said “no line of sight." There is a large redwood tree in front of our place. Oddly enough, DISH Network worked. I used to be a contractor for DISH and DirecTV. I know how everything works. The difference between the contractors and the company techs is the contractors get paid by the job. If I didn’t get the job done I didn’t get paid. So I did everything I had to to get that system working. And I never had a complaint or a call back due to an install.

Fast forward to today 5 years later. Yesterday I called DirecTV to try again. Before doing so I did my research. I looked into the azimuth etc of the satellites used. Roughly in my area it is 131. I checked the line of sight and saw that it passes right by the big redwood tree off to the right of it. Even in the image you see that I added it shows the tree and the line of sight going right by. Moving the dish to a different spot even gives more clearance. The entire rest of the day I kept telling myself and even my wife that I knew the tech would come out and feed me a line of B.S. that there is no line of sight. I didn’t know it would be such a huge bag of b.s. however.

The tech showed up this morning to do the install and sure enough “no line of sight." He says “yeah, DISH Network points southwest and we are more southeast.” First off, the two companies satellites in space are very close to each other. Yes, they use multiple satellites but they are very close. It’s a fraction of degrees. I said to the tech, “I thought the azimuth was around 130-140.” “No. That’s just for the one for Spanish programming. The others are at 101 and 103." There’s the b.s. Those are the satellites, not the azimuth! He told me the only way he could do it was to attach it to the roof which he knew wouldn’t be allowed because it’s an apartment complex. As he left he said, “trust me, I would do it if I could. I didn’t drive an hour out here just to not do it." Yeah you did. You’re paid by the hour! Not the job!

I called DirecTV back and told them I wanted a supervisor to come out which I now have to wait tomorrow as well for another 8-12 window for the supervisor to come out. I was told I could have a contractor come out if I can find one. Of course there are none in my area within 60 miles that DirecTV certified and will allow. Tomorrow we shall see where this all goes but this supervisor better be prepared to give me an honest answer because I will call his bluff right away.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I cancelled my DirecTV services in December. I called to cancel and spoke to an adviser, but they continued to send me bills. I called again to cancel, but again they continued. This happened three times, and is still happening now! I am still being billed for a service that I have tried to cancel and they are essentially refusing to let me stop paying for their services. I would never recommend this service.

Original review: July 12, 2018

A few hours ago I finished installing the DIRECTV Service, I have some doubts about the service. The installer leaves me a guide book. Call the number that is there, and they tell me that I do not exist as a client in that DirecTV company, that I am in AT&T, I call ATT and I do not appear in their system. I ask to cancel my service because they do not give me customer service, After 3 hours to solve something they do not answer me, it is definitely the customer service. That's why I'll cancel tomorrow.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I was part of a scam called MoneyPak. Some special program supposedly. First I take full responsibility for my being caught in this. It gave all pay Channels for a price paid in advance on a MoneyPak card. My problem is they got my number and what package I had on my TV and once I paid the Channels were added within 10 minutes. Unbeknownst to me someone set up my account for auto bill pay (I have Att app on my cell in which I was paying my Att bill on and it always ask you want Att or Directv). I found out months later and filed a complaint with DirecTV and was given a confirmation # and told it would be investigated and I would be called in by management, that was May. Also called my bank and filed fraud and the charges were returned to my account. My problem is DirecTV never called once, I called Direct and was told there was no case filed and only talked about my account status.

After being transferred 3 times finally someone found the notes. Agreed to pay and wanted my program before to be reinstated. First the lady did not listen. Continued to cut me off whenever I started to talk and was to let her finish. She never once addressed my issues or listened to me again was told I’d be contacted by management. I don’t expect to hear from anyone because DirecTV/Att does not value me as customer nor did they take issues seriously. It’s been one bad experience after another with Directv, I regret ever signing with them.

It’s by far the worst customer service I’ve ever received. Problems happen. Things go wrong. I understand that but to not follow up on complaints and to be talked to as if you’re a child is my problem not what happened but how conflicts are resolved. I suggest anyone looking customer service look elsewhere because DirecTV/ATT only wants your money. Could care less about you as a customer. Unfair prime example of corporate greed!!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Went to the AT&T store and had them sign me up with DirecTV adding it to my AT&T account with the promotions offered on May 1, 2018. New account setup and paid all the installation fees the first bill. They charged me the full monthly rate instead of the first year introductory promo rate. Back to the store to get it sorted and got a credit for the overage on my second bill. While there checked on the $100 in Visa for the new signup and they verified it was good to go. It has been 2 months now and the offered $100 in a Visa spending card has never shown up. Called the DirecTV rebate center and I was told after reviewing my account is not eligible for the rebate. Probably because the bozo that set it up and charged me full rate not promo rate by creating the account wrong. It was a new sign up! Looks like false advertising or incompetent staff at the least. Avoid if at all possible and don't take anything in writing for granted.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Tech came out and drilled inside in my house against my wishes, since they merged with AT&T internet is terrible. I am done. Went back to Spectrum!!!! Called to have dish removed due to private problem. They refused!! Worse company ever!

Original review: July 11, 2018

On May 23, about seven weeks ago, I called DirecTV for assistance with a technical problem. They were prompt and courteous in assisting me with that particular tech issue, and I was happy. Before allowing me to hang up, they continued and said they noticed I was using an older Sat. Receiver in the home. They offered me an upgrade, and enticed me by saying they wouldn't charge me for the upgrade...some sort of promotional deal. I pressed the rep 3 times about one time AND continuing charges for the new receiver. He assured me there would be no charge to my account, either one time OR recurring, and the installation would be no-charge as well.

Well, you guessed it...NOT SO MUCH!! I got the first bill after upgrade install yesterday. And, sure enough, there are new charges related to the new upgraded receiver, its features, and related "valid charges." It took 3 calls to get to a rep who could help me. (A Filipino woman) She tried for twenty minutes to convince me, despite the assurances to the contrary, that the charges were valid charges and she could not reverse them. (To their credit, there were 2 credits on the bill to nullify 2 of the charges, but no movement at all on the third $7 charge.) At the end of the conversation, she told me that would be a one time $7 charge. But at this point, I have ZERO CONFIDENCE that she speaks the truth. I don't know whether to pay it or cancel. Any input?

Original review: July 11, 2018

Ok here it is. I got the DirecTV for a 2 year deal. Paid my bill. Everything was fine. Until the house I was renting was sold and I contacted DirecTV to tell them I would be canceling due to me moving into an Apartment and they did not allow the dish. Now I had already done a year's worth of service with this GARBAGE company and was told on the phone that they would waive the remaining year because I was not allowed to have the dish. Well guess what. They did not waive the year fee and instead charged me for it in the amount of $200 + dollars.

Here was their explanation of how they would waive the fee for me if I re-instated my service for the remaining year. They would waive the fee. How STUPID is AT&T. If I re-instated my service and paid the remaining year there would be no reason to get an early termination fee waived. Thank God for VERIZON. They are the best. I only wish they did TV service as well. Beware of this GARBAGE company. They could care less about you as a customer. Only thing that matters is the dollar bottom line. Avoid them like the plague.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Directv never told us it was a 2 year contract and they never gave us a discount and when our bill came we were shocked at the price so we called and were on the phone for 2 hours just to get the discount which they said would be for the 2 years. Now after 1 year they took the discount away and are charging the original fee again. I called to negotiate that with them and their tech kept putting me on hold for over 45 minutes and then she hung up on me and I had to start over and they would only give me a $15 credit and some movie channels for 4 months. All in all I spent 2 hours and very little compensation plus they said they never agreed to the discount. Horrible business to work with and as soon as our contract is done we will drop them for good. Would never recommend DirecTV to anyone!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

We disconnected our DirecTV service over a year ago. It's absolutely ridiculous that they leave their equipment behind. Now, the cables to the dish have come away from my townhouse and are dangling between mine and my neighbor’s home. This is a potentially dangerous situation. DirecTV will take NO responsibility for their equipment. I am now expected to hire a 3rd Party to come and haul their crap away from my roof. I wonder how much that’s going to cost me? If, God forbid, someone is injured because the DirecTV’s horrible policies, I will hire an attorney to sue them. This is BS! Plus, I was on the phone for over an hour being told different things by different idiots. DO NOT SWITCH TO DIRECTV! We originally cut the service because all it had to do was drizzle for us to lose reception.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I wish I could give them -10. I had appointments scheduled with them and I've had 5 no shows. They did not call. They did not follow up with me. I hate them. Stay away from them. Customer services reps are rude and not helpful at all. They won't give me an ETA or a name of a tech.

Original review: July 9, 2018

The experience that I have with DirecTV and Comcast. They are charging people what they want to charge people and they are charging a lot of money and they know that this is wrong. We are only watching one TV and they turned the other one off. They went from $50 a month up to $92 a month. They did not tell us that there was a discount on the TV from the beginning. They just did this because they have the upper authority to do so. Like I said they does what they want to do to people and somebody needs to put a stop to this. They have been sending us on a roller coaster ride ever since we moved to this location. They deliberately, split up our service in order to put us into a contract that last for two years. This is how they play their game to get you stuck with them. In my opinion when you get into a service and the customers are not satisfied you should be able to get out of it when people are not treating you right.

You should be able to get out of it without paying them any service charge to watch a television in your own home. The reason why they does this is to get all the money that, they can get out of their customers. It is a total ripoff and there is no other way to say it. I did not sign a contract with anybody. The lady that signed us up into this mess she meant to do so, that way we could get stuck with it. She could have given us one provider. I asked her to do so and she said she had to split the service up. This was all a lie just to get us stuck with DirecTV. And I can see the reason why?

Original review: July 8, 2018

I contacted DirecTV 7-2-18 to report technical issues with my services. They scheduled a representative to come to my home 7-3-18 between 4 and 6 to fix the problem. On 7-3-18 the representative called me at 5:30 to tell me he could not get on the installation because it was too late. I told him the installation is open 24 hours a day so I don't understand what's the problem. As long as you have proper identification you shouldn't have a problem. He told me he needed to come back in the morning as he had already left the Installation.

On 7-4-18 around 10:00 I called DirecTV to find out what time the technician was coming since he didn't come in the morning as he told me he would. The representative stated that nothing was scheduled and he was not sure why the representative didn't post notes to my account. He told me he was posting the information as we were speaking. He said that the schedule was full for the day and the earliest he could schedule me was tomorrow which was 7-5-18 between 2 and 4. On 7-5-18 the technician was a no call no show!!! On 7-6-18 I call DirecTV once again to complain about the poor service and find out why the technician didn't show and when will they be here. I was then told that my scheduled date was 7-27-18 not the 5th. I told him that is incorrect.... that's not what I was told.

DirecTV didn't make both appointments that they rescheduled for me. I should not have to wait until the 27th. The representative told me they had a cancellation for 7-7-18 and they would come between 12 & 4. On 7-7-18 another no call no show. I am now livid. I was red my time once again for a company that obviously doesn't care about their customers. I call DirecTV again ask to talk to a manager and then a manager above the one I talked with so that I could cancel my account with them. Both managers quickly agreed to close the account. Not one of them ever said, "What can we do to keep your business?" or "How can we make this right?". The early cancellation fee was waived and my account will be closed. But I did not want to leave DirecTV without voicing my frustrations and complaint. I will never get Direct TV again or ever get service with AT&T. The worst customer service ever!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

We called and canceled with them. They said they would send what we would need to send their equipment back that it would take 10 to 15 days to receive it. We said OK. We waited then I received a letter from them in the mail saying good news you do not have to return your equipment you may dispose it in the recycling bend. I thought OK cool we figured it was out of date then I receive the bill we were AT&T bundled it said we owed $81 to DIRECTV. So I called them they said it’s there because we didn’t return our equipment. I explain to them why then I said you mean to tell me if we did throw the stuff away like you said we would had to pay for it he said well do still have it I said yes well I will send the box so you can return it. This is a scam if I had thrown it away I would’ve had to pay the money. It is not right that they are doing people like this. If I could give them a 0 that’s what I would do so beware of the letter save it then call them on it.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Today is the 4th time I've scheduled a service technician appointment with DirecTV and DirecTV has failed to show up during the promised 4 hour window. Not only that, but I received a phone call 12 minutes before the end of the time period letting me know that the technician would be late. The person who called was rude, refused to provide me with a different ETA and hung up on me. I then had to escalate through DirecTV technical support. I still have not heard from the technician.

The last time I called a few months ago, DirecTV sent a technician to my house, who was also hours late and then left because my daughter answered the door. I rushed home to meet him (had to leave house because he was hours late). I then tried to reach him by text and calls but he did not answer or respond to the texts. He then cancelled my appointment without contacting me. I have other examples too, but won't repeat them all here. DirecTV's technical support is AWFUL. They need to hire more technicians and adhere to their promises.

Updated on 07/07/2018: Not only did DirecTV not show up during the 4 hour window today, I then had to call 3 more times to find out when the technician would arrive. When he finally arrived, he did not have the proper equipment because DirecTV had failed to notate my account with the equipment (LG ladder) that was needed, even though I am not a new customer and DirecTV has been to my house numerous times. After escalating through the "Resolution Center" again, I was promised a $20 credit because DirecTV now has an "on-time guarantee." A $20 credit for about 10-12 hours of phone calls, emails and waiting time, just this week? Gee, thanks.

Original review: July 7, 2018

When I bought my home in this area I was unaware of the lack of companies that were allowed to do business in this area. I talked to DirecTV about their company and the fact that satellite service usually is interrupted during bad weather. I was told that this no longer happens as equipment has now been updated for that problem. I was assured that this would not happen. Now I do have that problem and much more. I have complained multiple times to no avail. When you ask to speak to a supervisor you are told that there is not one available or is in a meeting and you have to deal with the person answering the phone. They always try to sell you something instead of fixing your situation. The only option that you have is to disconnect service and pay a large fee.

Original review: July 7, 2018

The technician came to my home and just before he left he asked to use the bathroom, I said Ok. After he left I went to the bathroom to this foul smell only to find the toilet was jammed up with his excrement. Disgusted I flushed the toilet and the whole thing came up and spilled out onto the bathroom floor. I called DIRECTV only to be told it was MY FAULT because I let him used to toilet. It was VERY CLEAR that they could not care less. Well guess what DIRECTV because of you I will NEVER ALLOW ANY OTHER SERVICE PERSON TO USE MY BATHROOM AGAIN and you can be sure that along with the lousy name you already have I will spread this to as many people as possible.

DIRECTV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.

• Exceptional customer service: The company is rated #1 in customer service compared to other cable and satellite TV providers, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.

• Never miss a game: The NFL Sunday Ticket ensures all subscribers can watch out-of-market games.

• Expansive HD catalog: DIRECTV has 195 HD channels, including AMC HD, ABC Family HD, Hallmark Channel HD, among many, many others.

• Record from any television: DIRECTV service comes with an HD Genie that records shows from up to eight televisions throughout a home or office.

• Watch from anywhere: Customers can enjoy family favorites and recorded shows using a mobile device with an Internet connection.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs