Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.98/5
Based on 4,774 ratings submitted in the last year

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

17016 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 12, 2019

We’ve been a customer for years. The prices goes up but, we’ve been able to contact them to get the price adjusted without losing services we wanted to keep. Today, I bought a new tv for my husband and he wanted to add 4K to our plan. I called and they told me we need to update our box and it would cost 399.00. So...I told them no thank you because that’s outrageous! We’ve had these boxes for three years. Anyway, I hung up disappointed. About half an hour later a manager called me. She said the representative I spoke to brought the situation to her attention and, after reviewing our account, they would like to offer us the upgraded equipment at no charge. We scheduled the installation date. I was honestly so surprised. Directv isn’t known for great service and we have had our ups and downs with them but, this went over and above. It was refreshing and so appreciated.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I love DirecTV, I actually read the fine print no one reads, the price advertised online is a special price eg, promo price 35/mo reg price 81. So price reverts to normal after deal if you pay your bill on time and keep the other things you need to keep the deal like auto bill pay and paperless. First late payment you lose specials. If you read the terms and conditions and the fine print there is no surprises. Also if you read the bill it is very detailed.

On signal I love it I had a storm blow through I had no signal interruption. I dont know why people say it's bad in a storm. I have never needed to call customer service. The self care portal through the website is wonderful. I've only had to use it twice but I fixed my issue myself and I like that. The service is great if you pay attention to customer agreement, your bill, and the fine print when you sign up. And of course it's expensive. It's the best one out there, if you cant deal with normal price being high you get good service.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

WE had called in a few times about getting a wire that we needed for our older T.v. and were sent 4 wrong wires by 4 different agents. And then the 5th time we called and we Got the greatest Customer service rep. She knew exactly what cable we were talking about and she sent it to use and we got it earlier than what she said that we would but we wanted to give her a great review. I give her all 10's. She did a great job. She was fast to answer the questions that we had and was able to pin point exactly what we needed so If her boss is able to see this you should give her something very nice. She stated that she had worked at the customer service for a long time. I wish I would have gotten her employee number so they would know who I was talking about. She is a great person. Thank you very much.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Superb image and sound quality. But the recent "upgrade" for the onscreen display and selection process is quirky at best and much harder to use than the previous displays. The hand-held controller is frequently slow to respond, entries are hit and miss, and some erroneous screens come up (e.g., when deleting a show from the DVR queue, the screen will often select another show altogether). Also, there are recurrent periods of screen drop-outs not related to weather or dish obstructions. Overall, the DirecTV OS is now painfully complex to use. And finally, it is very difficult to determine the actual channel line up for the bare "Family Plan" and to set up a default "Favorite Channels" selection list. Nothing is on the website for this plan. Browser searches return some lineup lists, but they are inaccurate. I still do not know what channels are actually included in the "Family Plan."

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I would like to give supervisor in the Caribbeans office Ms. **, a 5-star. She went above and beyond her job title to help me Resolve my issue, to get me the best rate possible, to listen to my concerns. She was so caring she made me cry. I was having such a bad day that day but after I hung up the phone with her my day went wonderful from then on out. She searched the computer. She spent I don't know how long to help me with my billing. Not only did she help me with my billing she made my whole day. She is phenomenal.

When it comes to DirecTV this is the company to go with. They are honest, reliable and the cheapest cable provider that you can have. My picture, my sound is phenomenal. I love DirecTV. I have not ever had good cable service that I have now thanks to DirecTV. Ms. ** she has to get a 5-star because she went above, above and above her job title at DirecTV to make this customer happy. Have a blessed day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

All I needed was some help so I could log into my account or change my password. Most unhelpful people I have ever found. Before AT&T purchased DirecTV customer service was awesome. ** Manager should be fired!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Let's see. Hmm.. In May paid 567.58 because I was told the bill was overdue and needed to be paid in full. No problem. A month later told once again bill is overdue so I paid another 500.87 to bring current was told my balance was now paid in full. 6 weeks later my DIRECTV is shut off and once again I'm told it is overdue and I need to pay 549.17. I paid it. That's a whopping amount of 1617.62 in 4 months. When I called to ask them about it I kept getting the runaround constantly put on hold. No one gave me a direct answer so I waited an hour, called back and was told my service is still overdue for another 280.00. So pretty much they want me to pay over 800.00 for 6 weeks of service. You are ripping customers off and your customer service representatives are ** airheads that couldn't find there ** in a ground. I will be monitoring my bill and if I get billed another 500 in 6 weeks. I will be filing a lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I tried DIRECTV for one year, and was told there would be no early cancellation fee after one year. The service was horrible with the equipment, so I had them send me a new box and it was still bad so we had a technician come out and realign the dish. It was not aimed correctly. The technician said that since AT&T took over it was a lot worse. Since the price went up almost double, and I received no prior notice until my credit card was billed I called to cancel right away. They are charging me $120 for early cancellation fee, plus the almost $200 already charged. That included NFL ticket that I never wanted, didn’t use and took two hours to cancel the month before. I didn’t agree to any of this and I will dispute both charges with my credit card company. I will not get scammed by this company again!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Worst customer service ever. July 24th till 8/18 and still haven't resolved my issues. July 24th - 8/3 I was given information about their equipment and channel lineup that was not accurate. Sent me antennas I didnt need. Lost orders and or didnt submit them. I bought and rented movies that didnt work with their equipment. I have a picture of a chat where a rep gives me confirmation of a tech to come out and they never showed, called.. l record of that com number. Well I have a picture.

Got the one time fee waived and the tech came to my house said it wasnt and that DIRECTV lies to its customers. Have pictures of the order that states no one time charge, called DIRECTV. They put me on hold while refusing to get me a supervisor via all this. Omg really. That's happened for almost 30 days and 35 min later after asking over 20 times he transferred me to one. Not before I got on chat and made an appt for today 8/18 for a new receiver I've been trying to get for a week or more. I think the chat person he transferred me to was a robot but I have all employee ID numbers. Rep says call the tech back and have him come back. Called him. He laughed, said, "You have to call DIRECTV".

Called again, asked for supervisor. This time 45 min went by. I asked over 100x to speak to one and I got one who couldn't explain my comps from credits from adjustments... So I asked to speak to someone above him. He said he was the highest employee there. 25 min went by I asked over and over finally he doesnt put it on hold. Takes phone through busy building has conversation about my call. She said, "I'll take it." Phone goes quiet, he picks up. "I'll transfer you now." I said, "I know." She insults me with not comping the cable side which was 81.0p plus the 2 movies that didnt work 17.99 she gave me 57.95. Insult. They didn't fulfill their end of the contract which was to only educate me on the equipment and well they fell shy in a whole lot of ways.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

The amount of problems we have had is unbelievable! We moved across the country and thought maybe getting DirecTV would be great! Oh man! From the beginning to the end they got my order wrong 7 times!!! Came to my house 3 times and had all the orders wrong. Finally to show up the 4th time and say, "We can't give you service." We had to have talked to 15 different representatives who all had different answers.

I cancelled the entire thing 2 weeks ago thinking we were finally done with all this madness. I check my account today and they took A PAYMENT from my bank account. I can’t even believe it. I cancelled and my husband called just to make sure because we got a bill in the mail. Unbelievable. Seriously not looking forward to having 20 different conversations with people who transfer me to 10 other people who have no idea what to do! When we will probably hear it will take 7-10 days to get our money back like last time. If you were thinking about it, Don’t MAKE THE SWITCH! I wish they offered Xfinity. We never had a problem. I would rather deal with them vs DirecTV. We got Spectrum instead! So far so much better!

DIRECTV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.

• Exceptional customer service: The company is rated #1 in customer service compared to other cable and satellite TV providers, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.

• Never miss a game: The NFL Sunday Ticket ensures all subscribers can watch out-of-market games.

• Expansive HD catalog: DIRECTV has 195 HD channels, including AMC HD, ABC Family HD, Hallmark Channel HD, among many, many others.

• Record from any television: DIRECTV service comes with an HD Genie that records shows from up to eight televisions throughout a home or office.

• Watch from anywhere: Customers can enjoy family favorites and recorded shows using a mobile device with an Internet connection.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs