Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5
Based on 2,810 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

DIRECTV Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Looking for a better TV/internet/phone service about 8 months he ago, I did a lot of research and finally decided to try AT&T DirecTV. From the very beginning, signing on, installation of equipment, and answering any question I had, the service I received was outstanding, thorough and complete. The cost was almost half of my past cable company. The second year was to go up some and this was understood. However, when I called to see if I could bring the cost down a little, AT&T without hesitation actually reduced the cost from the first year. All companies might do well to look at the management of AT&T. They care and are definitely client-oriented. They have worked hard to earned my loyalty and have succeeded.

Original review: July 21, 2019

It appears CBS has dropped their programming on DIRECTV due to greed. DIRECTV assures the DFW area that they have tried paying CBS an outrageous amount of money to keep programming active through their negotiations. CBS chose to cut off all programming to viewers on DIRECTV. Shame on CBS! Everyone who is angry about this decision should review CBS on their website and hopefully they will reconsider and bring back viewing to DIRECTV.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We’ve been a customer for years. The prices goes up but, we’ve been able to contact them to get the price adjusted without losing services we wanted to keep. Today, I bought a new tv for my husband and he wanted to add 4K to our plan. I called and they told me we need to update our box and it would cost 399.00. So...I told them no thank you because that’s outrageous! We’ve had these boxes for three years. Anyway, I hung up disappointed. About half an hour later a manager called me. She said the representative I spoke to brought the situation to her attention and, after reviewing our account, they would like to offer us the upgraded equipment at no charge. We scheduled the installation date. I was honestly so surprised. Directv isn’t known for great service and we have had our ups and downs with them but, this went over and above. It was refreshing and so appreciated.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I called DirecTV on 31 Mar 20 to cancel my service. The main reason I was canceling my service was last fall they had a contract dispute with the Fox network and Fox was unavailable for a number of days. I called customer service and asked what compensation I was going to receive since Fox was part of my programming. After speaking with the customer service representative he referred me to a supervisor. The supervisor told me at the time they were not prorating the bill until they know how long the outage was going to be. He assured me they DirecTV would go back and credit everyone's bill - which they did not.

Fast forward to 31 Mar - I waited on the phone for over 4 hours then was disconnected. I then called back and after about 10 minutes was able to talk to a customer service representative - Tony. I told him I wanted to cancel my service and he asked why - I stated DirecTV lied to me and I never received a credit therefore I switched my service to Dish. He said he was happy to cancel but DirecTV doesn't prorate the bill - I had just paid through the end of April. I said this was unsatisfactory and asked to speak with a supervisor - Amy - and she told my the same thing. I find it unfathomable that DirecTV would keep the money for almost an entire month's worth of service and not prorate my bill. I will never go back to DirecTV - I was a customer for over 10 years - they have shown they prefer profits over customers. So shameful.

Original review: March 31, 2020

We have been customers of Directv for MANY years. We have had the WORST/TOUGHEST 13 months of our lives. I have been in contact with DirecTV SEVERAL times throughout. Now we are in this Pandemic along with EVERYONE else and they suspended our services. When I called it said that we owed $422 which is OUTRAGEOUS! Waited 1 hour 22 mins to speak to someone that I genuinely had a hard time understanding. I explained that it made absolutely NO SENSE to owe that amount when we were only 1 month behind. He stated that it was our fault that it came to this????

I usually call to make the payment with the prompts, but the last time I called (multiple times) it was VERY glitchy telling me it could not understand and if I was directed to customer service I would be charged $5 to make a payment over the phone. So I went online to make the payment. I got to the confirmation page BUT DID NOT WRITE THE # DOWN (biggest mistake EVER). Long story short we were required to pay the full amount of $422 to restore service. This company DOES NOT value their customers as if I wanted to just cancel services WE WOULD BE CHARGED A CANCELLATION FEE. BRINGING REQUIRED AMOUNT TO OVER $600. I have lost ALL respect for this company and would request that ANYONE considering DirecTV to go ANYWHERE ELSE for services. PLEASE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: March 29, 2020

I suspended my account while I was moving and didn't have a tv, they reopened my account and gave me all kinds of Sports packages, HBO, whatever. Was charging me for 3 months before I figured it out. Since the satellite dish itself was out of adjustment due to a storm, I didn't think I had any service. I didn't even have a TV at that time. I called them in March of 2019, but they still kept charging me all the way into July. Now into collections for a service I didn't have or ask for. I paid an early termination fee, but they still kept charging me. Do not use DirecTV. Get a service like Youtube tv, way better.

Original review: March 28, 2020

For the last couple of years we have been hooked up to Google Fiber and we really liked it. The Remote is easy to use and we have had easy access to tons of movies and TV programs. Recently we decided to switch to DirecTV after receiving a brochure which indicated it was cheaper. It has been horrible. The Remote is very hard to use and the movies and television stations are very limited. I called to cancel it and it turns out that there is a $480.00 penalty to do so. I write this as a warning. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DIRECTV!! You’ll get stuck with an inferior product that you’ll hate, and it will cost you a fortune to get out of it. It is the worst product we have ever purchased. Charles **, Provo, Utah

Original review: March 27, 2020

DirecTV would not consider lowering my bill for couple months during these Covid19 times. I have lost my job, am self quarantined in my home, live alone and cannot afford my monthly payment right now. They showed no empathy.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I have been a DirecTV customer for 2 years now, enrolled in the auto-pay to make payments easier. My hours at work have been cut in half, due to the Covid-19 virus. I knew I wouldn't have money in my account when it was time for the auto-pay to go through. So when I called to talk to customer service about moving my payment to a different day, the rep asked me about a password. I asked her what password and she would need this password to verify my account. I told her, "I didn't remember setting up a password, was there some other way to verify my account." She puts me on hold and then comes back and says, "I'm sorry. I can't assist you any further today since you don't know your password." I told her that I really needed to speak to someone, that I didn't have the money in the account due to the covid-19 virus. My hours at work had been cut in half. I just needed to move the payment a few days.

I asked to speak with someone else, I'd been on hold for over an hour just to talk to someone and in 5 mins it was decided I couldn't be helped over a password.. And the reps response was hello, and that's all she said for the next 30 secs and then she hung up, when I asked to talk to someone else she couldn't hear me anymore.... So I have made several attempts to reach someone and been on hold for 45mins or longer only to have a recording come on and say, "We're sorry. We can't take your call now," and it hangs up on me. So they attempted to take the money out of my acct and now I have an even bigger financial mess to clean up. All I needed was 3 days and your customer service rep wasn't even willing to help me because of a password I didn't remember ever making.... WWhat I will remember is to cancel my service and go somewhere else...

Original review: March 21, 2020

The is the second time I have had DirecTV no show for a confirmed appointment. They moved the appointment twice and then no showed. Telephone support person simply read from a script and could offer no information. The field service work is handle by third party contractors. When they do show up, the work has been good. The field service operation is a complete embarrassment to AT&T. It is run by Steve Crawford, VP of Field Operations in California. He doesn't answer emails either. It's time to look for an alternative provider who can at least show up. AT&T Corporate management needs a refresher course in customer service and customer retention.

DIRECTV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.

• Exceptional customer service: The company is rated #1 in customer service compared to other cable and satellite TV providers, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.

• Never miss a game: The NFL Sunday Ticket ensures all subscribers can watch out-of-market games.

• Expansive HD catalog: DIRECTV has 195 HD channels, including AMC HD, ABC Family HD, Hallmark Channel HD, among many, many others.

• Record from any television: DIRECTV service comes with an HD Genie that records shows from up to eight televisions throughout a home or office.

• Watch from anywhere: Customers can enjoy family favorites and recorded shows using a mobile device with an Internet connection.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and customers with special interests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

2230 East Imperial Highway
      El Segundo
      800-365-1717
      www.directvbundles.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.