1.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,587 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

14819 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had a similarly horrible experience with this company's customer service as other reviews I notice on this site. To give some background, I've been a CenturyLink customer for about four years, and, for the past year, have subscribed to their cable services. I rarely ever watch TV and consider cable to be a waste of money, but my wife has a few shows she watches every so often, so we tried it out for awhile. When CenturyLink switched from Prism to DirecTV, they simply scheduled a service request to come to my house and install the cable box without my knowledge or approval. My wife, not realizing at the time that we were being hastily pushed into a new cable contract, signed for the cable installation.

In doing this, signing for what she was basically told was just an updated modem by a service man representing CenturyLink, she apparently had committed me to a two year contract with DirecTV - even though she was the one who signed for the equipment, but the account was in my name. Me, finding out about all of this almost a month after the fact, attempted to have the service reversed. I'm an active duty Army Officer and I'm not home very often except for enough time to eat dinner and go to bed, so I wasn't surprised that I never noticed the new cable modem that was sitting on the entertainment center in the living room that I occupy for an hour once a week.

I was first made aware that I was an involuntary DirecTV customer when they called me on 4 December from (800) 401-4634, and a gentleman told me that they were giving me a free month of a dozen or so stupid TV channels that I had no interest in. I asked him "okay, so I get them for a month for free, but does that mean you'll leave them on my account and I'll be billed for them each month thereafter?" to which he replied that I would. So, I told him no thanks, and please don't ever call me during dinner hours again. After I hung up, I realized he said he was from DirecTV and not CenturyLink/Prism, which is how I found out I was apparently subscribed to their service.

The next day, I called the DirecTV customer service department to explain that I never subscribed to their service and wished to disconnect. They told me that I could do that, but it would be a $460 cancellation fee. I explained that the only reason I was signed up was that my wife signed for their cable modem and didn't know we were committing to a new contract with a different provider. The woman on the phone, Jennifer, told me (rather apathetically) that my only solution was to contact their Identity Fraud department and file a claim. Not trying to paint my wife as an identity thief, but also not willing to put up with childish shenanigans, I attempted to contact their Fraud Hotline at the number Jennifer provided, but both times that I tried, I got no answer.

So, I called back to customer service (by now I had been on the phone for over a half an hour), who proceeded to kick me back and forth between customer service reps, telling me that they had no authority to waive cancellation fees, and that I should contact CenturyLink or ATT to try and find someone who could resolve the matter there. This led to a wild goose chase, where I was directed to departments at entirely separate companies who basically told me they have little to nothing to do with DirecTV and that I needed to handle my issues with the actual provider. By this time, I pretty much said to hell with it, I'll just have cable and not use it.

But, I got a call from ATT today- a customer service rep named "Berrie", a female who definitely didn't speak English as her primary language- who was calling to inquire about my request to discontinue service. At this point, the entire ordeal was an insult to my intelligence. She told me that because I had agreed to the DirecTV terms of service, I was legally bound to the fee schedule. When I told her that I have NEVER agreed to any terms of service, never signed for anything, and was never present for any install, she told me that none of that mattered because in accordance with company policy, anyone over the age of 18 can sign someone else up for the service and the person whose name is on the account would be held responsible. She acknowledged that it wasn't my information on the signature block where someone signed for the service, and she verified that it was my wife's.

So I asked "Okay, Berrie, if any random person over the age of eighteen signed a check out of your checkbook and withdrew money out of your account, is that person responsible or are you?" to which she consistently avoided to answer my questions and kept telling me that I had no choice but to keep their service, or pay the hefty cancellation fee.

At this point, I was incensed. I told her that I wished to speak to her manager and I threatened her with legal action. I had no interest in upholding pretenses or being cordial in any way at this point. I was in total jerk mode. I was using some colorful language at this point and was being fairly dramatic, to say the least, and I'm sure she had several colleagues huddled around her spectating as I attempted to emotionally dismantle her until I got what I wanted.

The moment I mentioned litigation, her entire demeanor changed- I don't believe I was being unreasonable, and I'm sure her superior was standing off to the side coaching her because I was put on mute several times. Anyway, she got back on the phone and told me "Actually, you know what, sir? It turns out we can disconnect your service and cancel your membership without any fees! We'll send you a return package for you to drop your modem in within seven business days."

I asked her why in the hell was that so hard, then? If it was really that easy, how come I was kicked around for several days? I was completely insulted by the fact that their solution was to accuse my wife of identity fraud. Her response was that "we really wanted your business. We didn't want to lose a valued customer, so we did everything we could to keep your business." So, they lied to me. She acknowledged that they lied the entire time and were TOLD TO LIE by their superiors because losing customers was unacceptable. Avoid this company. I'm serious, they're pathetic. To tell me that my only recourse was to file an identity fraud claim against my wife and to LIE TO ME telling me that there's nothing they can do is disgusting. Also, their business practice of allowing anyone to sign someone else up for service is completely absurd.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. Starting last Fall, all contact with DirecTV has been horrible. The last 2 days continue to show how unreliable they have really become. Yesterday I called to drop a service they had promoted before they started to charge me for the service. The rep I talked to hopefully did what I asked. While I was on the phone he told me I was eligible for a new equipment upgrade. I asked if it cost and I asked if I had to extend my contract. To both the questions their rep told me "no". Great, I went ahead to get the upgrade to be done on Wednesday.

This morning I was going through my emails and there is a confirmation for tomorrow's appointment. The last thing I see on the email is statement that my contract will need to be re-signed and it will be for 2 years. EXACTLY the opposite of what I was told over the phone. No way did I want another 2 years of lies, poor service, foreign operators that don't listen but only can read script, etc. So I have to call and cancel this upgrade. While on this call I tell them my service is not working correctly, sound sometimes goes when moving from record shows to live TV (have to turn off TV and restart it) and also when rewinding a show to the beginning it sometimes shuts off and goes live. Long story short, they can't do anything until it happens again and they can't provide equipment because I will not go for another 2 year contract.

A couple hours after I was told my upgrade had been cancelled. I get a text message confirming tomorrow's appointment. I responded to the text with a "no" that the appointment was not good. This was followed by another text setting up an appointment on Monday. I call them again and tell the foreign lady I had cancelled this earlier in the day. I also tell her I am hereby putting DirecTV on trial and will cancel my contract when it is set to end later next year since they will not go ahead and install the equipment. Unbelievable. No response to me. Quitting them after over 20 years, no I am sorry, no let me have you speak to my supervisor...the only response is "do you have any further needs" and "have I provided you the best service today". It is like you are talking to a scripted robot.

I guess if they don't care, I don't care. I will be taking my AT&T phone service and TV service elsewhere by the end of 2018 and don't plan to ever come back to the lousy service. I could also write a book about our moving our service a year ago. Uggghhhh...if you are considering these folks, RUN...don't walk to another provider. DirecTV Has Sunk to New Levels Since AT&T Purchase.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

15 years with DirecTV. Always paid extra because the consistency of the service was better than they have nosedived in the last 3 years. Technicians half are lazy and don't know what they're doing. Not proper wire hook ups or buried lines. Now since we got our upgrade to the new genie what a nightmare. The boxes are complete crap. They are oversensitive and don't work properly. I have been without continuous service for over a month now. Had an appointment. No call. No show. Then two days later the tv started working again. Goes in and out constantly and it's not because of the weather. Finally got another appointment today. No call. No show.

The technician wrote in his notes "couldn't find my house". What a joke. I live on a main road with a house and number. No way to miss. Customer service when you call is friendly and even they are frustrated with the quality of the product. Sell your stocks. Drop this service if you have it and if you're considering don't do it. You are overcharged. Disrespected. These crap technicians give the decent ones a bad name. This ship's going down. You can't charge more than any other service and have the worst service. Suck it DirecTV.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I cancelled my service with DirecTV in July of 2017. They sent me boxes and instructions to return my receivers, which I did along with the card for them. I had a balance due to me which was to be returned to me by a gift card. About 3 weeks after I returned my receivers I got a bill for $150.00 from them saying that I never returned my receivers. I called and we straightened that out and was told I was going to receive a card for $125.00 for a refund... I thought that was odd since I had a $156 credit before this thing went sideways.

When I questioned the Customer Service Rep she got very defensive with me and told me that was for late charges. Well since I paid by credit card the entire time I had these fools how could I have been late??? I was not in the mood to argue so I accepted that and was told they would send the card for $125 out to me. It is now December... 5 months later and guess what. NO CARD!!! Don't use these thieves... They are part of AT&T and they just want to rip you off. I had issues with a cell phone years ago with AT&T and that is why I ended up dropping DirecTV... AT&T has not changed. They are liars and crooks!!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I bought a Roku 4K TV and I got a free 30 day trial of Directv Now. Glad it was free because it sure isn't worth paying for. I watched it on my PC for 2 days then all I would get is a grey screen, no error messages just blank no links. I'm thinking if I can't access my account I can't cancel so I went to Directv thru Roku and there are nothing for an account and no way to cancel. That's a sad way to keep customers. I tried another PC and actually got to my account and I CANCELED after 4 days. It's not worth watching because if you can get a picture it will freeze every few seconds making a 30 min show last 45 min. It continually loses my signal and goes to the "BOX". You'll see the "BOX" a lot.

I thought I would get HBO and Showtime at their reduced rate which I paid for. I didn't get HBO and Showtime, what I got was a reduced version and all I got on each was a handful of movies and the series aren't kept up to date. I had to wait 3 weeks for the already played Shameless episode on REAL Showtime. So again it's just a rip off. The reason I said they are out of touch is because Directv thinks what they are offering is worth $70 plus extra for premium channels. Hey DIRECTV... It ain't worth it and you have lots of ads. I cut my cords 10 years ago and I haven't regretted it. With all the options to stream and if you want to you can have no ads. I don't see why they are still in business. 200 + channels most of which you will never watch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Walked into the AT&T store & a rep started bragging of how awesome the “AT&T and DirecTV package” was. The final installation was with a DirecTV rep and please hear me when I tell you, it’s AWFUL! I bought the plus package and it’s AWFUL! The stations they promised never come thru, the remote control is loud, clicking from infomercial to infomercial. You thumb through 200 channels only landing on old reruns, stereotypical garbage. It’s the worse! My advise - DONT GET DirecTV. And the worse part is when they tell you to “connect to the internet to get better service”. Once you do, you literally get nothing more but them monitoring the channels you watch. I hate it!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

They promise you that they will correct something and don’t come through and have to constantly keep calling to make sure they do their job right. When they know they are the wrong, and they have nothing to say, they have hung up several times or put you on hold then hang up. By far the worst experience I have ever experienced. I would give them no stars by how incompetent their reps are and doesn’t seem that they discipline them from doing their jobs poorly and improperly. Would never want to have their services again. They will sign you up for contracts you don’t agree on and for services you didn’t request and don’t honor the gift cards that they promised they would give you. It’s all a big scam and I hope my experience doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Customer service sucks, if you can even understand what they're saying, techs come out and don't even try to help you, finally got a antenna and much happier and I don't have a $120.00 a month bill. Would love to see them go out of business.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Cannot watch Netflix without purchasing something like Blu-Ray or a game console. Cannot use my headphones, cannot connect my older surround sound. All these thing I could do with my previous satellite provider (Dish Network) without spending more money. To get customer support, I spent over 5 minutes pushing this button and that button and still couldn’t get the help I needed. As soon as my contract is up I will quit Directv, never to return.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I called to ask why they do not broadcast some channels in high def and they actually lied about it, i.e., channel 374 is free and provided to them in hd, but they intentionally down-grade it to standard definition and then send that out to their customers! This after they charge us all a fortune. I will be looking to switch asap! Very aggravated!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

AT&T badgered me for a year to go to DIRECTV to save money. I was happy with Uverse, though, and had hated satellite dishes in the past due to poor reception. I was told that technology had changed in the years since I had dishes (both companies), and that I wouldn't have all the weather-affecting outages. Not only do I now have the frequent outages, I now have ANOTHER hole in my house. Techs came out twice, thinking move the dish, but last guy told I was getting the max signal where it was. Then they charged me for the visit, after saying they wouldn't since I was so unhappy with the service (wasn't easy to get the credit - a lot of time on the phone).

I have a disabled roommate, who lives for watching tv, and it's so upsetting to see her disappointed so often. I wish I had not believed all the hype about technology changing. I don't need to be outside sweeping snow off a dish so I can watch the news and find out about dangerous weather and power outages. I should be inside relaxing with my favorite programs that I am paying to see!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

DirecTV set up an appointment for Tuesday, December 5th between 8:00-12:00 pm. Called at noon to let us know they did not have the equipment. Set up again for Thursday, December 7th between 8:00-12:00 pm and again called at around noon to let us know they did not have the equipment. Again, set appointment for Saturday, December 9th between 8:00-12:00 pm. No email or call. Finally contacted them after being on hold for 40 minutes for them to tell me they couldn't reschedule until next Saturday, December 16th between 12:00-4:00 pm. She said it was guaranteed. I asked, "What does that mean?" She couldn't answer me. The absolute worst service. Our time means nothing to this company!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

In October 2017 we were approached by an ATT rep to switch our tv service to ATT's DirecTV service promising that we would only have one draft from our checking account. Well, to our surprise our cell phone charges are being drafted but not the DirecTV. We had this arrangement before we switched. Assuming that ATT was doing what we agreed of one bill for both, they disconnected our DirecTV service without warning. I called and paid the bill and then went through 5 different numbers before I finally reached a department who said they could help over and over. They said they would combine the bills but would take 3 months to go into effect. REALLY???

I told them that because I had been lied to by their company, if I had to wait 3 months and have to remember every month that the bill was not being drafted, then I expected some form of goodwill. She said that would not happen. So I asked for another manager and she said she made the decision not to transfer me. This is ridiculous! As soon as our contract expires we will leave them. Run from them. Crooked crooked crooked. They do not care about customer satisfaction according to the corporate service manager I spoke with, if she was indeed a manager. All I got from everyone I spoke with was the same scripted answer which tells me that this is a reoccurring issue since someone took the time to write a script. All I ever ask is for a company who takes my money every month treat me with respect and fairly.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Directv sucks my internet and my cable! I called them on 12/7/17 to cancel my service. I didn’t cancel because the representative told me it would be $460 to cancel. I don’t want to pay no $460. Now that’s too high for this ** cable that is highway robbery! I got Directv on 12/1/17. I’m not please with them at all. Internet doesn’t work and the cable channels goes in and out! I hate this ** sucks then when I called they kept connecting me to different people! I was on the phone with four different representatives and no one couldn’t help me! They was like, "Oh I have to switch you to AT&T. Oh I have to switch you to Directv" just stupid but they didn’t have to keep switching me to nobody when they wanted my service. I just want to cancel everything. I don’t want this ** anymore!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I had a service call that I was told was no charge. It showed up on my account for $99. Called DirecTV and they agreed to remove the charge, sent me two emails to confirm the charge reversal. The next bill it appeared again. Called again and was told it had been removed. The third month it appeared yet again and when I called was told that they wouldn't reverse it and basically tough luck. I have been a loyal customer of both DirecTV and AT&T for 17+ years. Never had a late bill pay or anything.

I think it's really bad customer service to be treated so badly and told lies. I was told I had no recourse and "Good day". Was asked to be transferred to a representative in the USA and was told that wasn't possible. I live in the USA. Is it so wrong to want to get to the bottom of a problem with a person I can understand? I have referred people in the past but will never do it again. I'm debating on whether or not to cancel both my services and switch to different companies. My bills for both when added together amount to around $360 per month. That amounts to $73,440.00. And this is how I'm treated. Explore your alternatives before entering into business with DirecTV.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have spent several hours on the phone over the last 3 months trying to get my address and my phone number correct. There is no concern or complaint department or contact information. As of right now I have been told someone will reach out to me within the next 24 hours but I am not holding my breath. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I originally signed with DirecTV on the promotional rate $19.95, where is the price was guaranteed for two years. I have only been with DirecTV for a year, price guarantee got to 62.06, was tricked into a contract that was opposite of what we were promised. I spend hours and hours on the phone with DirecTV contacting customer service, they keep me on hold for an hours, and then they hung up on me. I only I’ve been told lies after lies, and taken all around the world. DirecTV is horrible and I cannot wait until my contract is up. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS AND LIARS. I can write a book about how many issues I’ve had with DirecTV. I hope our government can resolve these problems with DirecTV or shut them down. Please people needs your help.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Wow! I should have read the reviews posted about DirecTV before I went and purchased a two year contract with them. I'm only three days into my contract and hook up for DirecTV, and I was notified about a problem with paperwork that needed to be signed or my hookup would be disconnected. I asked service person (Emanuel) what was the issue. Emanuel said, "You own a condo," and before they were to connect the service and place the dish on the roof a notification to the property manager needed to approved. I told him, "It's too late for all that. You already did the installation." He said, "That's why I need you to sign consent form." I told him if I would of known about all this red tape I wouldn't have purchased DirecTV. He threatened to turn off my service if I didn't sign. I told him, "Fine and come get your equipment too."

I then told him I was going to warn everyone online about their customer service. He behaved like he didn't care. I came home from work this evening and sure enough no service. It was shut off. Now I haven't even begun the nightmare of seeing how I'm going to be treated over 2 year contract that they discontinued (not me). People please go through these reviews and read for yourself. If DirecTV does me wrong on contract issue I will be updating my post regularly about their treatment and customer service toward me.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

So everything was fine with DirecTV till we moved. We wanted an internet and cable bundle which they did not have so we had to have two separate bills for internet and cable, upwards of $400 a month. Not only that but they did not come out on our scheduled installation date and it took two months for them to come out to my house. Mind you, I also was paying when I didn't have service. Got offered a better deal in my area for $140 internet, cable and home security bundle, switched with no hesitation. I told DirecTV I was canceling and told them I'd return their equipment, so they sent me a box to send them back in. During that time of them receiving the equipment, they charged my account $912 without my authorization.

Took out almost all the money I had. I'm so angry that I didn't call my bank and tell them I didn't authorize this but I figured I'd now be done with DirecTV for good and never recommend them to anyone. That really hurt me financially and I wish I would of done something about it when it happened (around 11/01/16). Is it worth disputing still?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I called DirecTV to inquire about the overcharge on my billing for 3 months from 78 and change to 112 and change. The man I spoke with had an accent so thick I could not understand anything he said. He finally transferred me to another man who was maybe a little easier to understand but still not good. He told me that was the amount I always paid. I assured him it was not. I know how much I pay. He argued & insisted this was what everyone paid. Grrr! I told him then I can just have it turned off. Then he said wait and transferred me to the loyalty department. The woman I spoke with told me she could get my bill down (still not enough).

The other guys who can't speak English (same ones or same place I spoke with when the guy was here putting it in) kept trying to sell me some sports package after I said 50 times I NEVER WATCH SPORTS- EVER- I LIVE ALONE!!! Well seems he put that on my bill my tv package anyway!!! At least that's what the woman said. Anyway she asked about phones. I told her I had 4 lines with AT&T for years. She said, "Well I can save you even more. $30 saving on your phone and $25 on your DirecTV." Sounded great. Well when my DirecTV bill came it was down from 112 to around 65. But when my phone bill came it was at least 35 more!!! I JUST HAD TO PAY ALMOST TWICE what I normally do. Merry Christmas jerks!!! Did they offer to take off the fraudulent charge??? Of course not!!! There has to be better prices and service out there somewhere!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Multiple problems never resolved plus I have informed EVERY customer service rep that has ever called on behalf of DirecTV that my husband is the only one who can respond to their questions, offers, etc. and asked that our records reflect NO CALLS before 6pm. These illiterate idiots call weekly, multiple times even in the same day. Every time I ask for a supervisor they hang up! Their C/S and telemarketers are ridiculously inattentive, non responsive unless they think you will buy something, their product is inferior and their customer service representative's attitude is outrageous! I WOULD NEVER, YES, I SAID NEVER RECOMMEND USING THEM, CONTRACTING WITH THEM OR REFERRING THEM! I can not warn anyone intensely enough that they are predatory, full of promises w/o any follow through and always want money to fix anything even their contract leased equipment! They are a joke!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

DirecTV does not announce outages immediately. I rebooted, unplugged and kept trying to get my channel to work last night, after trying unsuccessful chat, I called, and found local affiliates had problem. If the notification would have been up 15 minutes earlier, it would have saved a lot of problems on my end. I would have known to wait.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I've spent half of the day yesterday on the phone with DirecTV trying to get the connection back on one of my TVs, so eventually they've scheduled a technician to come to my home today between 12:00 and 4:00 PM to fix the problem. Although I had two automated calls from DirecTV to confirm the appointment, nobody showed up. I've called them again, but it seems that not even the tech supervisor knows what's going on, so I was asked if I wanted to re-scheduled. Very frustrating! No wonder they are losing so many customers!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

One of DIRECTV representative asked me to try a 30 day trial. They said there would be no charge if I canceled in 30 days. I did that and they have been hounding me for a $ 625 cancellation fee. I have spent 4 hours on the phone trying to resolve this dispute. Finally they told me they are not responsible for the lie their sales rep used to sell DIRECTV. This has been the worse experience I have had with any provider.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had called last week to tell them my bank account was hacked so if the payment declined that is why, the representative told me I was fine and that if there is an issue someone will call me to make arrangements and not cut me off. Well lies lies lies. I woke up this morning and my service was cut off. I called and of course there is nothing they can do. Me being me I hung up. There was no point in me talking to them anymore. I plan on sending my boxes back and tell everyone I know that they are bad and their customer service sucks. Everyone save your money and go with a different company cause they don’t care at all.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We requested our service be cancelled as of a certain date. Service was turned off one full day prior. No final bill was ever received. We received 3 emails telling us equipment retrieval kits were on the way and we never received them. I called DirecTV and after waiting for an eternity, was told their policy had just changed and they no longer send out retrieval boxes. Instead you are to take all equipment to FedEx and they will know what to do with them. We went to FedEx and waited 40 minutes while the FedEx staff figured out how to go about entering each serial number into their system in the correct place in order to ship the equipment back.

When I called to express our confusion over the matter of returning the equipment, the DirecTV person I spoke with (named Lucas) hung up on me. Now I'm trying to get a copy of our final bill. I have made 3 phone calls, the most recent one lasting 57 minutes just to be told that since we are set up to have the bills mailed U.S. mail, they can not email us a copy of the bill and we can no longer access our online account since we have cancelled service. We have been DirecTV customers for several years but never again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I, like a number of people posting here, continued to be billed after I dropped service. After numerous phone calls, I was told eventually that I owed nothing and was actually owed a small refund. Well, the bills kept coming and I kept calling. Now I'm told they have no record of anyone telling me that I owed nothing. I will pay their bill and hopefully I'll be rid of this company. It is no longer worth the hours I have to spend on the phone to try and rectify the problem. Avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I spent over three hours with them on the phone. I was told all was fixed. Then when they came out to do the install everything was wrong. I have done away with them and I am now paying more with DISH but would rather pay more than to deal with DirecTV and all of their lies.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Cancel service November 8; Customer service girl told me my cancellation date would be November 27; Now they charging me for full month instead of pro rate!! Of November 8. They are crooks. Incompetent!! Don't purchase DirecTV!! Kept transferring my phone call; hung up (accidentally right) because no one knows what they doing!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have great disregard for DIRECTV. You start out at a decent rate for the first year. Then they raise your bill by $60. This is ridiculous. So you call about how high your bill is and they give you a break on your bill and even offer you HBO or one of what they call (premium channels). {I rarely ever watch premium channels if I have them}. So they tell you to call back in a year to see what they can do for you. You call {because they told you to} and ask about what they could do for you. They tell you they can give you a lesser package for less money. I already have the second to lowest package they have. So they say {we can offer $5 off your bill to sign up for auto pay}. Again ridiculous. I am cancelling DIRECTV and would advise anyone not to get DIRECTV, because they do not stand by what they tell you. They want to stick it to you. Not a good company and if this is how DIRECTV/AT&T treat their loyal customers, well then they should just not have customers.

DIRECTV Company Information