1.49/5
Based on 1,504 ratings submitted in the last year

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

16478 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I strongly suggest anyone considering AT&T/DIRECTV to consider another company. The satellite service is absolutely low grade. On demand rarely works and the catalog is limited, their 4K genie is a joke and to boot be prepared for hidden fees/charges. Every time I call customer service the call mysteriously "disconnects" or I'm transferred to several departments with no real resolution. They do not value their customers!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had my services moved which consisted of a 200 dollar fee, not happy with the amount but I understood, I set up a payment plan to pay the 200. Get my next bill and it is 265 dollars so I call and was told I was given false information and that they did not do payments plans and that they could give me a 75 dollar credit. I'm still not satisfied so I'm still stuck paying the original 200 dollars that I started with. I do not recommend this company to anyone and will be changing my service as soon as possible to a company that is more reliable. Horrible service, and customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We had a house fire 5/2018. DirecTV was one of our first calls. After I called and explained our situation, they graciously suspended our services. They couldn’t install in our temporary location, so we had another service, U-verse. In July of 2018 we were sent to collections for unpaid DirecTV cancel and maintenance fees AT OUR UNINHABITABLE HOUSE! Every 2 months we spent more time than needed to explain our circumstances. We finally moved back in and on the install day my husband spent 3.5 hours explaining the situation so we didn’t have to pay $480 and to get us out of collections. They sent us through hell worse than our house fire. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN will I use this company. I spoke with AT&T. Be advised. DirecTV was able to KEEP THEIR RULES AND REGULATIONS after AT&T purchased them. DirecTV is worse than poor. AT&T will suffer for it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I've been a customer for years and decided to go with another company. When I called to cancel my service, they told me they don't prorate anymore. I asked when this came into effect and they said November 2018. They said the changes were sent out by mail. I never get anything by mail from them, always emails and I didn't get one either. I now have to pay for half a month of service that I'm not using. I will never go back to them again! It's sad that you decide to change for better options and they get upset and ** their customers!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

First off, we have been Directv customers for approximately 20+ years. We actually went to WalMart and bought our first dish and equipment that we had to install ourselves. So we've been customers a LONG time. We had been satisfactorily serviced most of the time until ATT merged with Directv. Now we are plagued with constantly rising prices and poor service. Today we have no service. The first screen said we had service for "0" locations so we had to remove BR1 and BR2. Not sure why they would bill us every month for location service then tell us we can't use it.

Reset the machine as told to do online and now it says temperature of machine is too hot and is halting service. Waiting for over an hour for it to cool and be able to be used. Even though a couple of years ago I would have been a total positive supporter of Directv, today I would tell any friend or relative to run as fast as possible to the nearest cable office or possibly try Dish. If I didn't like you I would send you to Directv. PS. We should be able to leave a "0" star rating and not be forced to give it at least one star. This is a gross exaggeration of performance review at one star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have been a customer for three years. Buyers beware. They lie, overcharge, try and speak to someone who speaks English good luck. Thanks to someone who made a comment to say I was cancelling my service. I finally got an American speaking rep. who informed me that I had been paying double what I agreed to for one of these packages and her answer to that when I told her I had been trying to find out why I was paying so much was, "Oh well. You have been paying it." This company needs to be sued plain as that. They owe me nine hundred dollars. They overcharged me. Watch your bills close if you get them or they will take your money.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

DirecTV promised a $0 bill for 12 months. I know it sounds so stupid, but I had been a customer of theirs for years, and was calling to cancel. I was informed that there were multiple discounts that I could qualify for, that would cover my entire bill. Now, me being a pessimist, I confirmed with the retention specialist, multiple times, that my bill, would in fact, be $0. She confirmed multiple times. However, I have been on the phone multiple times discussing this with them, and they will not honor what I was told. Now they want cancellation fees, late fees, and I've even paid them $300 or so, during the past 9 months to keep my programming on, while I disputed these charges with them. I'm so over this crap. They offered something that was too good to be true, and even though I questioned it, and they "confirmed" that it in fact, was not too good to be true, now, they won't honor it. Looks like Dish TV is going to gain a new customer. Peace out DirecTV.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I received a bill in November that was double my normal bill. I called the number on the bill which was disconnected, FINALLY I found the correct number on my own. I talked to 6 different representatives. SOME of them couldn't even access my account. After an hour and being late for work someone was finally able to help me. Now come December. AGAIN my bill was a disaster. I called and again being on the phone for more than hour. I was told my promotion was over. The representative told me that she would give me another one and that my bill would remain the same.

Now January I received a bill that was $20.00 more than what I was originally told. I called and AGAIN was on the phone for almost 2 hours. I was told that the representative "misinformed" me and I could not get a promotion price. I opted to cancel my service so that I do not have to go through this mess every month. They charged me the original price and a cancellation fee. This company is an absolute disgrace. No customer service skills and completely unprofessional and unorganized. I would NEVER recommend to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

First off, I'm a business owner and I understand some people try to get services for free or discounted, now in saying that, here is what happened to me.

I got DirecTV in July of 2017, didn't have any issues until August 2018. All of a sudden my bill went up $100 per month. I called and they said that everyone gets the NFL package and if you don't want it, you have to call and have it taken off, and because it was on in July, they can't refund me that month. I said, "I understand and I don't want it, please take it off", September comes around, they are still billing me for NFL,

I call and they say they can't reimburse me for July and August but they will take it off. October comes around, NFL is still on there, I call and they say they cant reimburse me but they will take it off. November comes around. NFL package is still on there, and this time the lady is very rude. I ask to speak to a supervisor, after about 30 minutes the supervisor comes on and is very rude and argumentative and actually hangs up on me. December bill comes around and NFL is still on there, I call and the customer service agent tells me that they can't take NFL off because the policy is that you have to have it off by the end of September and the first time I called was November,

So they had erased all my previous calls, they also undid my auto pay and now they want to charge me a late fee, it's insane. I'm actually on hold right now, waiting for a supervisor to fix my issues and it's been an hour. I have never seen any company operate like this. They run a scam and their customer service is horrible. I have now taken roughly 5 hours off of work trying to fix issues that they caused, and they don't care. I will without a doubt be going with a different provider. I've been waiting over an hour now.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have a property and my tenants decided to go with DIRECTV. My tenants did not ask where the DIRECTV dish could be placed. Nor did the company ask them. There was already a DIRECTV dish on the side of the house. The bright installer decided to place the DIRECTV satellite dish in front of a gutter on a tin roof that was covered with roll roofing material due to it being a flat roof. After a rainstorm during the holiday it caused a leak on the roof. It took me over a week to get a claim started. I spent a Saturday morning from 8 AM to 1:30 PM being redirected to different departments. Finally after threats of lawsuits someone came out to the property. After their assessment the person that came out advise that the dish was placed on the roof wrong. A week past with no response and still a leaky roof. I called the claims department again at which point they stated they needed a quote from a contractor.

I had two different contractors come to my residence to give me a quote. One contractor quoted me at $4500 just for the roof damage. The other contractor quoted me $3000 for the damage caused in the interior and exterior of the residence. I submit the smaller quote at which point I was told that they had to come back to the residence to recheck the damage. An appointment was set for 10 AM specifically because I had my daughter.

After about 10 calls they finally pick up my phone call. They did not show till 1 PM. They call me the next day to tell me that they can have their contractor do it for 1500 or that I can have them cut me a check for the 1500. Do you think that if your installers cannot even place a satellite dish correctly on the roof of a house that I’m gonna let you into my residence to repair damages that you caused. YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! Nothing but run around with this company. Due to the their poor attitudes and horrible customer service, I would not advise for anyone to get DIRECTV even if it was free. Lawsuit pending. Oh and by the way phone calls were recorded.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have been a customer of DirecTV for about 15 years, long before AT&T took over. When first joining the company was great, now that it has been swallowed up by AT&T it has become a nightmare. After recently receiving a letter stating that my present equipment needed to be upgrade I have been trying to schedule an appointment to have that done. It has now been over a week since my first call into the company and I am on call #4. The first appointment which was scheduled days after my initial call, no one showed up nor did anyone have the common courtesy to call me to let me know that the technician would not be coming. After waiting at home for 3 hours after the latest hour given (scheduled between 8 am and 12 noon) I called to ask when or if they were still coming. Was told after waiting on the phone for 30 minutes that the technician would not be coming. They scheduled another appointment.

Second appointment time came and went, no technician came. Once again I called, was told the technician was on his way. After that time came and went, I called back and was told that my appointment had been moved to another day. Once again, I had to initiate the call to find out that new development. They had decided to change my appointment time without my consent or even being given an opportunity to say Yea or Neigh. Two exhausting calls after that, I was finally given a time that I can be available. Now it is still yet to be seen if they will show up. I would gladly change from DirecTV to any company not associated with AT&T, but my husband loves satellite service. So I will give them one more try, I think. I will more than likely wind up changing or maybe just go to antenna. I find it very distasteful paying lots of money for absolutely no customer service.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Today we cancelled our DirecTV because a local company started providing a cable package with internet access. When we called and cancelled, we were told that we could not cancel immediately and would be charged through the billing cycle. A small internet company we also had to cancel somehow was able to cancel immediately. But a big company like DirecTV/AT&T couldn't? We were also told that we would receive a letter telling us how to return equipment or we would be charged for it. They can't give us that information over the phone/internet? Of course with all of the horrible reviews, I am worried that we won't get the letter, or get it past some unspoken date, and be charged again.

A while back, DirecTV contacted US and asked if we wanted to update our equipment. We agreed. What they didn't tell us was that we were now on a contract whereas before we were month to month. They did not tell us we were now on a contract or we would never have updated the equipment. Well, now that we cancelled, we are being charged a cancellation fee for DirecTV and the 'protection plan' (charged for cancellation of a protection plan?) that we never signed up for. What a scam. Be aware, you will be on a contract if you update your equipment and will be charged if you cancel. Thanks for the 'new' policy AT&T. Scam. Please look carefully at your bill. BETTER YET, DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. We had been thinking that if we didn't like the new cable that we would go back to DirecTV. NOT ANYMORE. NEVER. In addition, AT&T can forget any future business from us.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I called Directv to see if I was still under contract with them and "Gabriella" stated I was no longer under contract. I said "so if I stop service I will not be charged?" She stated I would not. So after I hooked up with a new reliable service I called Directv back to cancel. I spoke with "Bruce" who told me that I was still under contract and that I owe $100. When I explained what Gabriella stated that I definitely was not under contract, Bruce stated I still owe it and admitted that Gabriella gave me the incorrect info. I stated that is Directv's fault, not mine and that I have acquired new service with another provider based on Gabriella's information. He said I still owe but did tell me how to dispute this which I am doing now.

Don't waste your time with this company as they do not honor the mistakes their own employees make. I also did not get my actual dish set up properly after they came out two times and stated the person before them did not do their part and they said I would need to make a third appointment to set up the dish. It still is sitting there on 4 blocks with a long line running from the dish to my house. They are not worth it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Added HBO and Starz not once but twice without us asking. The 2nd time was conveniently after we called to cancel our service. Called to complain and then they said the 1st time only said to cancel Starz... I absolutely said both. They wouldn't credit me back most likely because we are in the process of cancelling our service and never gave a reason why the charge magically appeared the 2nd time without us asking. DirecTV is a total waste of money and time. Can watch all the sports etc that you desire with Hulu. Told the gal I spoke with she better be looking for another job because DirecTV will probably be a thing of the past once everyone realizes how easy it is to stream the exact same content at more than half the price and none of the customer service headaches.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

AT&T has the absolute worst customer service in the entire world. After calling and visiting with several agents over several days to confirm an upgrade in a remote location, and making a special trip several hours away - guess what - nobody show up. This is after two different phone calls to confirm and two separate chat sessions to confirm. Today, after over 3 hours (yes, this is accurate) in the phone, several more agents tell me they have scheduled for next weekend. So, I will drive the several hours back next weekend and just hope that today’s 3 hour call was with more competent agents than the other 4 agents I visited with last week. Horrible experience - if there were any other choices, I would be an ex-customer. I cannot imagine any customer service worse than AT&T.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

First, let me start by saying that I’ve always been a huge fan of DirecTV (growing up, while living with my parents, we always had DirecTV). That is until I became an adult, got married, had a child, moved into a new home and ordered the service myself. First of all, when selecting a TV provider, I looked for the best bang for my buck! A provider that could give me all the channels I enjoy watching, channels that my husband would like, my son and bonus son’s favorite channels (main reason) and also a provider with great benefits! (I mean come on, who doesn’t want that?) So as expected, my first search was DirecTV. I mean come on, I grew up with my parents having that provider, so why not?

While looking online, I noticed the “GREAT DEALS” I would be given and to my surprise, even a $100.00 VISA Card to spend wherever I’d like!!! If I’m being totally honest, the VISA card giveaway is what made my decision for me, along with having one of the best plans for $147 and some change. I order my service, with pen and paper in hand, writing down ALL of these amazing perks I was to be “given”, scheduled the date of installation and there you have it! The day they showed up to “install” my service, the tech told me, “there’s no way I can install this dish at this location. I’ll never get a signal.” (We live in the country) So I asked, "Could we not place it on a pole or the roof of our camper shed?"

He let us know he couldn’t do it but would schedule another tech to come ANOTHER DAY and try it (while ensuring me the other tech wouldn’t be able to do it either). My hopes were so let down. Fast forward a few days, the new tech came out, hooked everything up perfectly and BAM, we had TV!! All was great, all I needed to do now was kick back and wait on my VISA card that I was promised. One month went by, NO CARD. No big deal, maybe it takes longer. TWo months, maybe a little longer. At THREE MONTHS LATER, I decide to call. They basically tell me they would never offer this and they’re sorry for the miscommunication. I even gave the name of the woman who gave me the information, but as I expected, there is nothing he could do to help me.

Oh well, fast forward a few months. For some weird reason, when we would cut our DirecTV boxes on ALL THREE of our TVs, this weird pink design would show up. I called in to get some assistance. They had a tech come out (the one who said no way he could install the dish) and “fix it”. The bill comes in that month and I have a charge for them having to come fix a problem that was CLEARLY DirecTV’s problem, not my TVs which are all different brands. Well, what do you know, the issue with the pink design happens again. But this time when I call, I ensured the customer service rep that I shouldn’t be charged for clearly having faulty equipment.

She ensured me there was no way around the charge however, I could add an extra $7.99 to my plan so that I wouldn’t have to pay this every time someone came out. So sure, I added it to my account. I also requested having a different tech come out because the first guy clearly didn’t fix the problem. So, the tech comes out (the guy that installed our dish and equipment) and let us know that our main box was faulty. He replaced it and there you go, we’re good again. Well, for about 8-9 months we had this weird problem where we would have to reset our main box every other day, if not every day because our “list” (recorded shows) wouldn’t show up at all. Instead of calling like I should, we’ve been resetting our main box for 8-9 months. (No biggie, just irritating.)

Well, we’ve never received a bill through the mail nor have I ever gotten an email with a bill. I would just estimate the time it was due and pay it. For some strange reason, I noticed in September of 2018 that my bill had been $200 going all the way back to July. (I hadn’t realized it before, I just was paying my bills and thought maybe my husband had ordered a movie or something or the kids had accidentally bought a movie.) I finally called in and was told, “we told you at initial sign up that after your two year contract was up, you’d start being charged for NFL Sunday Ticket.” (Close to $50 extra every month for six months). I’m pissed because I look back at my notes, and there is nothing on there about this NFL crap.

No, I don’t want my money back but a credit to my account would be great and if not ok, I get it. I’ll just cancel it, pay what I owe and go about my way. Well, October comes around, the NFL charge is still on my bill. I call again, super mad at this point. Charles, from Las Vegas, Nevada (the rep on the phone) completely gets why I’m mad. At this point I’m ready to cancel. So, he promises me $30 off each bill for 12 months only ($360). And promises he has cancelled the NFL crap and also says he will company movie channels for 3 months only ($4.99 a month). AND notifies me that in February of 2019, there will be a $62 increase to DirecTV customers and all I needed to do was to call on January 2, 2019 and let them know that I’m a loyal customer and I want to be excluded from this extra charge. I’m satisfied with this so we end on a happy note.

Here comes November. I’m still being charged for NFL crap, NO $30 credit, NO $4.99 credit. NOTHING!!! I call to ask what the deal is. The rep tells me there is nothing they can do to help me because they don’t see it noted in the account! I cancel my service at this time and am now looking for a better provider. My advice, even when you write down word for word, names and all when speaking with DirecTV, it doesn’t matter. They will make you feel as though you are absolutely crazy!!! Go with another provider if your money means anything to you. To me, every dollar counts! I have two kids that I would give the world to if I could so money is important around here. Like I told each rep I spoke with, these days, a person's word is all you got. And when you can’t even keep your word, I don’t want any part of it.

Before I forget, I was also left on hold for 43 minutes one time (I got tired of waiting and hung up). Also one rep transferred me to the Spanish speaking department. I, now, have a bill of over $700 because I refuse to pay for something I cancelled back in September. That’s bills for October, November and December I haven’t paid because of this problem and a little add on for cancelling my service before the end of the year. Don’t order DirecTV. Just don’t do it. Thanks for reading my totally honest, unbiased opinion and experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Very bad service. Waited over 8 hours for service even though the service tech called me at 9 am to tell me he will be an hour early. Nobody showed. Called customer service 4 times. Keep getting the runaround. They keep telling me to wait for service at 8 pm at night when my appointment was 12 to 4 pm. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I called Customer Service at 1-800-351-5000, two days ago. The person that answered went into a sales pitch for a new customer service contract called Solution Center. I said, "No I am not interested," but the guy kept on talking and would not address my problem so I hung up and called back. The next person, a lady, started the same sales pitch. I said no and she would not accept this answer. She said she would not transfer me to a technician unless I signed up for the service. I did and then was transferred to a technician. We resolved my problem by resetting the receiver and SWIM.

All is good on that issue now. However, I did not like the relentless sales pitch and wondered if it was truly a part of DirecTV or a scam. If is part of Directv then I am OK. But, if it is a scam I will report it to my credit card company and dispute the charge. I will be waiting for your response a couple of days and if I don’t hear from you I will dispute the charge.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered cable and internet through DIRECTV/AT&T. I hadn’t even had it installed yet and apparently the guy that bundled and sold me the package changed my password and security question. So I had to physically go find the nearest store to fix their mistake and then after two weeks of waiting for my router found out he sold me a bundle but never ordered internet for me. Of course no one knows what’s going on and I can’t get any sort of information from customer service, "No I’m sorry. We totally screwed up." So now on top of that the internet that was supposed to be here that I had to reach out to now wants a $100 upfront fee which was never mentioned originally. You seriously need to get your ** together.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I received a Genie DVR from DirecTV. Shortly after that, I received an email from them stating that the whole home DVR service would be free for 3 months and $3 a month after that. The email also stated that If I canceled that service during the free period, I would not be charged at the end of the 3 months. I called customer service to cancel the service and I was told it wasn’t showing on my account and not to worry about it. Well, after the 3 months were up, they started charging me $3 a month for the service.

I called customer service again to cancel it. After a half hour on the phone, I was told that the feature was built into the box and even though I wasn’t using the whole home DVR service, I had no choice but to still pay for it. I asked them about the email I received to cancel the service, and no one had an answer. The joke of it all is that I only have one box so there is no way I can even use the service. Very unethical charge as far as I’m concerned.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Every 12 months, they remove my discounts! I've been a loyal customer for 10 plus years, and my time is valuable! Can't loyal customers be treated the best? Not in this world anymore. It's how much you can take from the person... what can I get past them, even for 1 month. I just want what is a fee, stay a fee, unless I leave. Why not give the loyal customers the discounts, provide long time discounts over time, and keep customers? Crazy, change your philosophy DirecTV!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have had DirecTV for 2 1/2 years. I have watch OKC Thunder Basketball for 2 1/2 on FSOK-Channel 675. I watched the Thunder Friday night, 1/11/19. I tuned to channel 675 last night - NO Thunder. Message said I have to "buy" the game. Spoke with Customer Service - they told me the game was Blacked Out. Today at work, several of my co-workers watched the game last night. NOT Blacked Out. I did an online chat. She offered me a Sports Package for an additional fee. She would never acknowledge that my account had been changed in any way.

Then she asked for my zip code. I provided it (73013) and she said the FSOK was not available in my area. WHAT THE HECK! I have watched Thunder for 2 1/2 years. She said my only recourse was to call FoxSports and talk to them. Terrible service! Would never acknowledge that 675 was included in my package. Would never acknowledge that my account had been changed in any way. Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

In September of 2018 we got behind on our bill and they shut off our satellite. After a month they sent us a letter saying if we paid half of what we owe they would waive the rest and bring the account up to date. We paid the half and another 45.00. Don’t know what that was for lol. We decided we couldn’t afford 220.00 a month for cable so we cancelled and returned the equipment.

Got a call from a collection agency today for our final bill of 95.00 for with late charges, 5 months later! This was for the days that they had restored service on their end but it was not on our end and they told me that was a technical issue. Just spent 45 minutes mostly on hold and they say I owe them the final bill even though the service was not on in our home. I guess I was supposed to reset the receiver after they restored the service, therefore a technical issue. What a joke of a company, robbery. I will pay it but will never ever do business with DirecTV or ATT. Stay clear. Nothing but a scam!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I signed up for DIRECTV with promises of great service, and all I have received is terrible customer service. It started with the technician not showing up and not calling to tell me he wasn’t showing up. I drove three hours to meet him and not a word. I was promised a credit for my inconvenience and then they rescheduled. Every time I call to ask about the credit that has not shown up on my bill or in the form of a Visa card that they also promised, no one seems to know what I am talking about, and I am switched from one department to another until I give up and hang up.

I have a total of 4 hours on the phone with them just to resolve this and get the credit that I was promised. I still have not received the bill credit or visa rewards they promised. I have never had service this bad for any utility, subscription, or business that I have ever dealt with. If you have any other choice, which I did not, please choose the other option. Stay away from DIRECTV now owned by AT&T. They are by far the worst.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I could not update my account online because they were having issues with the mobile site. They could take a payment over the phone but could not take my updated payment information. So sad when you can’t get people to do a basic job. Do not happy with this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Had the service for 9 months. Nothing but issues and then last month doubled my bill. Called and canceled and still they generated another bill and charged me more. Called again and all they seem to do is write notes. Customer service is clueless, cancellation department is does not know anything. Each time I am transferred I have to start all over again. Billing is in India or Philippines and they have no idea about the process. The customer service executive should be fired. How in the world he got this job? Typical phone company. No wonder they lost the landlines business and now screwed up Directv. Too busy getting Golf Tee times. Never will use any ATT service. Canceled mobile after 10 years because of same issue.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This is honestly a scam. I started an account just to get me through the World Cup in June of 2018 and it has been a nightmare since. It is now 1/15/19 and they have charged me for the second time. I canceled it the day after the World Cup ended and I am still getting charged 7 months later. I am not even getting charged once a month - they are throwing in payments here and there. One 3 MONTHS after I canceled and the other was 7 MONTHS after I canceled. It's a joke and to be honest seems like a total scam. STAY AWAY from this place as a whole. Not even the free trials are safe.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

After cancelling my account I have made 3 phone calls to pay my final bill. The first 2 calls state it takes 15 minutes to receive the "Final bill" via PDF. There will be a $5 to pay over the phone, which I am unwilling to pay. I normally pay on-line, but after cancelling I can no longer sign into my account. I call back the 3rd time... I am told the email can take up to 24 hours...which it's past. I request another PDF statement AND a paper statement. THEN she tells me I can pay via automated service for no fee and she will transfer me. Only she transfers me to the pay via phone...for $5. I express my frustration and the customer service lady tells me she "will see what she can do" and the line goes dead. TERRIBLE WASTE OF TIME!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We switched to Directv because we were promised the monthly bill would be less for a comparable service. That was an outright lie {it increased by 18.00$} and we were later told by a supervisor that they probably just said that to make a sale. When you call for "another" overbilling or a fake late charge they pass you from one rep to the other, with each one asking for the exact same account info and problem description, then each rep will place you on hold. Their customer service reps will repeat this until you either give up or are "accidentally" disconnected. The only info you get is that you have a contract and it will cost you a lot of money to cancel. Should have went with Dish Network or anyone else! Avoid Directv until they can get it together and quit scamming people.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I'm not even sure where to start. I know that my blood pressure has spiked just dealing with DirecTV today. I moved my services from one residence to another early October 2018. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my boxes and I asked if I could keep my old. They told me I could keep my old (still waiting on DirecTV to pull this call and call me back). FYI it has been over a month now. The technician comes to my new home and starts hooking up new boxes and said that was his order and I would not be charged. I asked if he could use my old ones and he told me no. He took the old ones with him. So I get a bill with additional charges and locked into another 24 months with DirecTV. In addition they have been charging me for 7 tvs and I only have 3.

I was promised this was fixed in Nov 2018 but guess who got another bill with 7 tvs being charged? Yep me! Spent hrs on the phone with DirecTV today and the offshore team are so rude. One rep clearly got rude with me and hung up on me, another one that was supposed to be a supervisor was very rude and cold transferred me to someone else. They have no compassion and I'm shocked DirecTV would allow their customers to be treated like this just to save some money by offshoring. As soon as I can get out of this contract I would never go back to them and will not recommend them to a soul on this earth. Terrible customer service with the exception of the lady on their onshore team today and I'm really questioning their integrity. I have no trust in this company. Please read the reviews. We are not lying. I learned the hard way.

DIRECTV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.

• Exceptional customer service: The company is rated #1 in customer service compared to other cable and satellite TV providers, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.

• Never miss a game: The NFL Sunday Ticket ensures all subscribers can watch out-of-market games.

• Expansive HD catalog: DIRECTV has 195 HD channels, including AMC HD, ABC Family HD, Hallmark Channel HD, among many, many others.

• Record from any television: DIRECTV service comes with an HD Genie that records shows from up to eight televisions throughout a home or office.

• Watch from anywhere: Customers can enjoy family favorites and recorded shows using a mobile device with an Internet connection.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs