3.04/5
Based on 5,138 ratings submitted in the last year

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

16702 DIRECTV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2019

DirecTV on demand will actually attempt to charge me for movies that are playing on pay channels that I have such as HBO, Starz, etc. A movie that should be provided as apart of premium service will try to charge a rental fee for a movie that should be free based upon my service subscription. On top of the fact that they overdose general TV shows (nonpremium) with commercials as well as edit network shows from their original aired version to add more commercials. Not to mention the at&t rep literally asked me to commit fraud against their own company for a better "discount." Is it standard policy for most major corporations to ask new customers to defraud the company!?!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Where should I start. Well from the get go DirecTV sales rep. scam everyone when they approach you and say, "We can cut your bill in half." That's not true at all. They say you can save money by bundling AT&T internet and phone also full of it. These people don't know what they are doing. I was with Dish Network and switched to DirecTV thinking I was going to be better but I was wrong. Please to anyone reading this review - DO NOT get DirecTV services. You will regret it. This is my second time having this provider and every time it's worst.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I've been a DirecTV customer for 9 years. I have nothing but wonderful experience with their customer care... until a few weeks ago. I was transferred from department to department, having to explain 3 different issues each time... and trying the same troubleshooting steps each time. Their final solution was to send someone out. After discussing schedule and such, they tried to slide in the fact that there would be a service fee. After almost 2 hours on the phone, I was DONE! Normally, if they had been up front, no problem with the service fee, but that was shady. I'll give their call center (as it's no longer about customer care) one more shot. If it goes the way I'm anticipating, Dish Network can have my business.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I cancelled DirecTV two months ago as I got tired of paying so much money monthly for basic service. DirecTV sent a box with a shipping label. I returned my equipment exactly as instructed. I have been charged two months still of service after cancelling! When I called, they didn't even have a record of the equipment being returned! After getting angry and asking to speak with a manager, I finally got someone who could speak intelligibly and she was able to assure me I would be refunded those two months. I still do not understand how they don't have a record of the return when it was their label provided for the return. In my opinion, what happened to me is probably not unusual and they are able to keep making money from busy people until they realize they are still being charged. I'm now using YouTube TV for 2 1/2 times less the price.

Original review: April 6, 2019

DirecTV is taking advantage of my elderly parents. They are on the phone with DirecTV right now and DirecTV is trying to make my elderly parents pay $200 for another month of service after they already ended their contract and cancelled. There should be laws in place where companies can't take advantage of the elderly. Shameful company. Will never use or recommend DirecTV again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: April 6, 2019

Would give them zero stars if it were possible! Conned after a visit to Walmart from a sales rep to stated several times that he would be our personal rep stopped answering our calls. That was the obvious giveaway! Called Direct and found out the only way to get some of the channels hubby was missing in his most watched was to, you guessed it, upgrade to the next level. Yes she was nice enough to credit the account for that BUT.... you knew that was coming, I NOW have an ugly dish attached to the side of my house that the sales rep SWORE could be mounted on a pole but of course the installation tech didn't have the equipment to do that, service was still glitchy, so we decided to go back to Spectrum so called to cancel.

I get that there is cancellation costs, etc BUT... do you know that they DO NOT prorate you as of the day that you cancel. Our billing cycle started 1st and it is only the 6th but NOW we have to pay for a month of service that we won't be using. WTH? Can't prorate?!!! No WON'T!? Greedy AF people. I want you to know that both my husband and I deal with the public on a daily basis and will HIGHLY recommend to people NOT to subscribe to their service!!!! #directvfact

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had DirecTV connected in August 2018. My order which was supposed to include NFL Sunday did not and I held on the phone for over 3 hours and was disconnected multiple times. The supervisor told me she was comping the NFL Sunday and sent an email stating it was free. Then I was being charged for the service and told she was not authorized to give free products. I had a credit added to my account which was fine.

Then after my credits are used up, my bill went straight back up from the 65.00. It was supposed to be to 109.66. Called your customer service and was told I was being charged for NFL Sunday Ticket for next season after I specifically said NO. Supposedly was going to get a credit on this bill but no, it's still up to 109.66. I have been lied to, hung up on, charged for services not asked for and then lied to about getting the charges credited. Now I'm sitting on HOLD. So far 30 minutes to do this once again. You need to get some customer service in the US so they understand what trigger words are. I'm going to be filing a formal complaint against you.

Original review: April 5, 2019

DirecTV connected service to my house in August of 2016. I had internet and tv service for 7 TVs. In mid 2017 I noticed that I was being charged for 11 tv at $7 a box. I called and they informed me they would correct the number of boxes back to 7 and credit my account. Nothing happened. Several months went by and I was still being charged for 11 boxes.

Finally in 2018 I got them to make the appropriate adjustments to the number of boxes I was being charged but I had still not received a credit. In late 2018, I called to cancel my service due to the fact that I had still not been credited for the overcharged boxes. They convinced me to stay a customer by promising to finally credit my account. It never happened. Today, I called to cancel and again they keep me on the phone for over an hour promising me that they would get this sorted out. One hour later, they offer me $50 as compensation for the $672 they billed me for equipment I never had. The worst!!!! Don't fall a victim to a company that is will to overcharge you in hopes you don't figure it out. Oh, and when you do, good luck! DirecTV is the worst!!!!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Service was so-so as far as cable providers are concerned. Since ATT merged it has gotten so bad it has me ready to go back to Comcast and I very much disliked Comcast. Literally the worst customer service experiences of any company I have dealt with in any aspect of business.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I will not sign up for DirecTV/AT&T again. I had been a customer of Directv for over 10 years and had watched my bill balloon uncontrollably. Called to determine if my billed could be decrease without cutting my services and customer service offered $5 off of a $191 monthly bill (Silver Service Package + Free HBO). Then found out they're losing 25 channels. I decided the pricing was more than I wanted to pay so I signed up with a competitor ($79.99) offering more services and channels. DirecTV/AT&T has a “no immediate cancellation policy” so you must continue through your billing cycle. You are billed 1 month in advance but cannot received a refund if cancel before the end of the billing cycle. Way to AT&T; I am canceling my phone and internet services.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've had DirecTV now for over 3 years and every month when I get my paper statement I get charged for things that I never agreed when I initially signed up for DirecTV. I also get an automatic charge on my bank statement for $40 every month which I cannot get anyone from DirecTV to tell my why this charge is happening (really)!!! When you call the DirecTV phone line, they put you on hold for about an hour hoping you just hang up... That way they can avoid making excuses as to why they are ripping people off!!! I've also gone to my local AT&T office for help, and they stated DirecTV should not be billing me for the items or sure charges they have been charging me... Hello. Fix it!!!!

Just like the many reviews I read about DirecTV now, I should of done my research prior to thinking I was getting a "deal" signing up with AT&T/DirecTV, worst mistake of my life!!!! Only thing I can do, is add to the long list of negative feedback DirecTV gets... THEY DESERVE IT!!! Next on my list is file a grievance with Consumer Affairs and BBB, something needs to change!!!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

In June of 2018, I moved to a new location and tried to have my DirecTV services installed at my new location. The technician was unable to find a clear line of sight and I was told that he was going to notate my account and put in a cancellation order due to this issue and I would NOT be charged early termination fees. I contacted DirecTV the following day to make sure my account was cancelled and that due to the issue I was not being charged early termination fees. I was told that it was cancelled and no early termination fees would be charged. A month later, I received a bill from DirecTV for the current billing cycle of which I DID NOT have services. I contacted DirecTV and all the charges were reversed, my account once again cancelled, and a refund was issued for overpayments made on my account while I had services. Fast forwards to today. I received a notice from a collection agency saying I owed DirecTV money.

I immediately contacted DirecTV and was told they would reverse the charges for the “equipment fee”, as long as I returned the equipment, even though I was never told I had to return it, and they never contacted me letting me know I needed to, not did they bill me for it, but I still owed for a “partial billing cycle” which they couldn’t do anything about, and that I needed to contact the collection agency to handle this. I am furious. They fraudulently charged me and then sent it to collections. I have all the documentation of the cancellation of my account, the refund issue, etc.. and I will be contacting the Attorney General's office in regards to this.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had been a customer of Directv for years and had watched my bill continually inflate, I called to see if it could be reduced and they said no. I watched as my bill went higher and called again asking for my contract end so I could cancel, they refused to give the date. After I stated over and over I wanted the end date and wanted to cancel when that day came suddenly they could give a discount. I stayed with them thinking maybe I was finally heard, but alas it was not to be. In less than 3 months my bill started going up again, at which point I called and canceled my service which I could only do at the end of the current month's billing cycle. I just recently received my last bill with Directv and lo and behold what did I see? Another 50% increase on it. After dealing with this kind of nonsense from Directv/AT&T I will never repeat never deal with them again.

Original review: April 1, 2019

DirecTV is a scammer. Make sure you read the fine print whenever you get an offer. And when you complain, customer service is not there to help you. They are a rip off company. I can't wait until May when my two year sentence is over. I will never commit to have this abusive service.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have called once a week for a year to fix numerous problems. I signed up originally because HBO was supposed to be included with AT&T. Surprise! It was only for 3 months. I have to call in every 3 months to ask for another 3 month promotion on HBO being included with AT&T. I called in and they said, "We'll give it to you for a year." That didn't happen. Then, I was told my a rep in the store that it would be cheaper for me to switch to a business account. Switching to a business account took 7 months. 7 MONTHS! Surprise again. A business account cost me double and DirecTV wasn't included, which they said it would be. So, I switched back to a personal account.

I was constantly calling in to get DirecTV and AT&T combined. I had to scan my military ID in 4 times over the past 5 months and it's still hasn't been added to my discounts. A representative told me that I wouldn't have a contract on the DirecTV due to all the trouble from switching back to a personal account from a business account. When I first had the personal account, we had three phones and DirecTV and it only cost about $240. Now, I have a personal account again, same package but now it costs $366. They said they could get me back to where my bill was before. They coaxed me to a business account. Surprise, again!! It's still way more than what they told me. Why is my bill so much more now when it's the same package and with less phones? Every time I called no one could give me a straight answer. The bill constantly fluctuates up without notice.

I finally had enough for being charged extra for HBO (when it was supposed to be included when I signed up anyhow) and found that I could get everything I wanted through Amazon Prime for only $24 a month and zero lies. Suddenly, I had a contract again. I was charged $200 for early cancellation fee when I was told I didn't have a contract in the first place because AT&T said they waived it because I was misquoted so much and given the run-around. Why am I being penalized $200 for not holding up my end of the bargain when AT&T and DirecTV sold me lies? I asked this to the woman in the customer service. Told me that she could not waive the cancellation fee. I just called back in and was told by a customer service manager that they can, in fact, waive that cancellation fee in that same department.

Every time I would call in to check on the previous problem I had, nothing had been done about it. Everyone just passes the buck. What it seems like, they make everything so complicated that they're hoping that people will just give up and pay whatever. No lie, this is only a fraction of the trouble I have had with AT&T and DirecTV. We've had DirecTV since 2002 and we've been with AT&T since 2003. No one in this company is on the same page, the communication between AT&T and DirecTV is less than mediocre. If you have an infinite amount of time to stay on the phone with customer service, yet, somehow manage to make so much money that you can be nickel and dimed to death, and not care that you pay $366 a month for less than what you were promised, then this is the company for you! I am done. I am 100% done being lied to by a business that relies on my business to keep their lights on.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Long story short, when I initially received contacted direct they gave me the run around for a month trying to get services. I decided to just give them a grand down so I can get my cable on in my new home. They wouldn’t even take that. Finally I was able to get services and the lady told me that my deposit would be waived. So this is my third month and my bill is 298$. To remind you my first bill was 169 and my second was 163 my third that I was paying today is 79$ that’s what it’s supposed to be every month.

Well I called to pay bill and they said it’s 298. I’m like whoa now. you over charged me twice. Now this bill that came in is 79 bucks which is what it’s suppose to be. So where does the 298 come in at? They said the deposit. I’m like no listen to the recording. Y’all record calls for customer service and for your records so I’ll wait for you to listen to it. The man was rude and told me to shut up basically. So I’m like let me speak to your supervisor. He told me no. I’m like man these people are rude. He told me no one will help me and he not transferring me.

This is the worst company by far. He wouldn’t even give me his name and when he did he said it so fast. I asked him to slow down and he told me no. He told me once and he not gone say it again. SMH. He was rude. His number is suppose to be Ac655f or either s. He probably lied though. If you get him beware of the attitude and disrespect. Also be beware of direct because they are scams. They will tell you one thing to get you to be their customer then they tell you they sorry but we were misinformed and there’s nothing they can do about it. So today I’ll leave their equipment on the curb in the box. So they can come get it and if they don’t the trashman will. I’m done with these people. They can keep their cable and their equipment because it’s better cheaper companies anyway.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I will not sign up for DirecTV again. I decided the pricing was more than I wanted to pay so signed up with a competitor. Apparently you can’t perform an immediate cancellation with DirecTV anymore. There are no prorates and you must continue through your billing cycle. That’s crap. I asked when that notice was provided this year. After the call I looked through my emails and I did not receive a notice specifically to my point. I guess when you receive any email you need to make sure you read through the agreement because changes beyond the scope of the email are included in there. I do not plan to ever reconnect with DirecTV again. The new policy is a way of not allowing you to go with a competitor’s pricing if the deal is within the timeframe of your billing window.

Original review: April 1, 2019

On March 18, 2019 I accidentally sent my mortgage of 2 months payment to DirecTV in the amount of 4,383.24. I phoned them to inform them of what happened to get a refund. It was posted on March 19, 2019 to their account. DirecTV stated that it will take 5-10 business days for my refund due to it being a large amount. They told me to call back on March 26, 2019 and the money should be in my account. Then another representative inform me that it wouldn't and to call back on April 1, 2019 and it should be in my account.

I called on April 1, 2019 and a representative told me they're just starting the escalation process. I have been transferred to so many different representatives with inconsistency that my head is spinning. They are so unorganized and deceitful. I've been with them for 18 years and this is my worst nightmare. They hire all these telephone representatives who you can't understand overseas who speak very poor English where you can barely understand them. I am very disappointed with their service. Then to sum it up there's no supervisor or administrator to speak to for any concerns. The representative couldn't even give me an address to send a email or written letter of concerns. Who in the ** is DirecTV. I'm beginning to believe it's a SCAM company and that scares the hell out of me and my loyalty to them.

Original review: March 31, 2019

DirecTV used to be a great company. Since AT&T took over they basically increase bills and add charges without permission. I got my bill in today and noticed that it increased by $1. Looking at the bill they are charging me $4.99 for the "Movies Extra Pack" and then giving me a $3.99 discount that expires part way through the month.

I remember when they sent a notice indicating they would add the movies extra pack free of service for 3 months because I was such a good customer. I never asked for it. I never authorized a change to my package. So basically they are adding things to my bill without permission. I had to call and spend about 20 minutes on the phone with them just to get it removed.

This is a scam to increase your bill for services that you didn't request. If they are doing it to one person they are doing it to many people. That should result in a class action lawsuit. Another thing they are going to do is charge .69 as a Federal Cost Recovery charge. It says right on the bill that they do not have to charge it to customers, but yet they are.

Also they keep charging for "Regional Sports Package". That is $8.49. Again this is not a charge I authorized. They just decided that I should have the charge because I have a package that might contain some sports. I don't watch sports, only football and that is on regular TV. So if you look at all of these unauthorized or fee based charges AT&T is adding $14.17 to my bill. That is $170 a year. Multiply that by all the customers (3.6 Million per the internet) that means they are getting an extra $614M per year.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for years. We live in a remote area of Oregon and when I signed up, there were limited choices. Two weeks ago, my satellite goes down and after spending 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, we agree that the receiver needs replacing. The young lady who I work with promises to send me one. After 1 week, I call DirecTV and ask where is my satellite receiver? I am told that the receiver was delivered to my residence that day and to look for it which I do. After some discussion with the young man in the customer support group, I ask for the tracking number and he tells me that there isn’t one because it was never issued?? I ask him how can that be. At this point I realize I am being lied to and, after being asked by him if he has provided me with excellent customer service, I hang-up.

After taking my blood pressure medicine, I call back and after several attempts with the automated system, get to talk to a young lady who tells me her name is Rock. Rock admits that the receiver was never sent and promises to send me a receiver via Next Day Air and an email with the tracking number. That was 3 days ago and, as of yet, no receiver and no email. My suggestion to anyone who is thinking about signing a contract with AT&T/DirecTV is DON’T! Dish Network is a smaller company, is more personalized and, based on my initial interaction, provides way better customer support. AT&T/DirecTV is too big to provide even adequate customer service and treats their DirecTV customers as if they are a nuisance. An update: I did finally receive an email indicating that I would be charged an additional $8 per month to cover the cost of replacing the receiver which I have not yet received.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Customer service is horrible. I have spent hours upon hours the past 6 months being transferred to person upon person unable to resolve billing issues. After 45 minutes for the last call the DirecTV associate asked if I didn't believe him - I said, "It's not a matter of believing but what I see online on my bill is completely different than what you are telling me." Without going into a long story, the last representative disconnected me. When I call they constantly tell me they can't help and will transfer me to the next person. They tell me they will stay on the line to make sure I am connected but they absolutely do not. This company is completely unorganized and incompetent. The cable service is NOT WORTH the aggravation you will go through with their customer service and billing department. STAY AWAY from DIRECTV. If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Where to begin (1 star is extremely generous)... I have had DirecTV for 11 years plus! Ever since AT&T bought them out, digital service and especially customer service has been a true nightmare! I get NFL, NHL, and MLB packages from DirecTV. A few months ago, I decided to pay for my NFL and NHL packages in full at the beginning of each season. Total nightmare! I kept getting overbilled for NFL and NHL packages (after they were paid in full). We are talking at least 10 plus hours on the phone trying to correct this situation, to the tune of hundreds of extra dollars on my credit card--free money for DirecTV for at least 30 days over multiple months! Once they assign the monthly payment to your credit card, it sticks until the next month's payment is suppose to be (but not ever) corrected.

It didn't stop there, the overpayments just kept going for four months (again, hundreds of dollars). Finally, when they rectified the situation, other problems arose. The normal post game shows for the NHL package I was suppose to get disappeared. Then, after my complaint, they reappeared. Now, at the end of the NHL season, they have suddenly disappeared again. Response: "We don't control that". You will always get some excuse from DirecTV personnel.

I recently researched other cable avenues and was so close to deciding on Hulu, but stuck with DirecTV for MLB Extra Innings (I did a ton of research, but it was too late to make a decision because MLB Extra Innings was to be charged for a full season by DirecTV). Then, mere hours later, my AT&T phone service was billed an extra amount as well (on my credit card for an extra 30 days). Reply? "No problem, we will correct it on your next month's transaction". Again, they get extra money from me for another 30 days under what they said was "not a contract" but actually is. Two services (DirecTV and AT&T phone service), two extremely deceptive monthly transactions. The phone service offers a free phone for what they say is "not a contract" but if you decide to cancel at any time in the first 30 months, you pay for the phone in full. AT&T will steadfastly deny this. Hmmm? That is the contract they fail to tell you about! Be very wary!!!

There are so many other instances I can offer you between both DirecTV satellite service and AT&T phone service. DO NOT GET WRAPPED INTO THEIR OFFERINGS!!! Trust me, you will pay (and pay big) for lousy digital, phone, and especially customer service!!! All you will get are a ton of apologies (from low level assistants and even the ton of supervisors I have spoken with). Of course, that is if you can get by their A.I. phone service that takes at least 15 minutes just to get to a low level assistant via phone! They also recently dropped 24 hour customer service and went to banker hours! Please, please, please do not make the mistakes I made (even after research). I am saving you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars and a thousand headaches per year! Trust me on this!!!

Original review: March 30, 2019

Been with DirecTV for 20 years, only because we live in an area that cable is not avail. Not once in that time when we reached out to get service, either billing or technical, were they helpful. Most often we would be placed on hold for a lengthy time only to have the next person transfer us yet again. We finally gave up and canceled our service. This took 3 phone calls. Call one the person simply could not help and I would have to call back another time. Call 2 lasted 45 minutes, most of it on hold and transferred 4 times. No one knew how to cancel our service! What?!

The fourth time we were cut off. Call 3 finally resulted in getting a cancel confirmation. Along with that were told we would get an email with equipment return instructions. Got an email with a link that told us to open CHAT to get details on returns. The chat told us to go back to the link that told us to Open Chat. Never again will I do business with DirecTV or ATT. And will share my story with anyone who will listen.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I got Directv installed February 21, 2019 and it has been a roller coaster since then. I have had problems with On Demand and the rewind feature and after numerous calls and 4 technicians dispatched to my house, they tell me that On Demand and the rewind feature are free services and doesn't deem a cancellation without paying. I have received credits for this not working and have never been told it may or may not work. How can you offer a service if you can't use the full capabilities of a service they advertise.

They are making me pay an early termination fee even though I have called since day one of my installation. Even after they say that the satellite service is not compatible in my area and dogged the internet service even though I don't have problems with my internet and it's AT&T internet....the same company that owns Directv... Very disappointed with being charged $200 plus my monthly service fees.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had to pay for way too many channels I did not want to get the few that interested me. When I cancelled they wanted a fee for that! No one in customer service was willing or able to help. Poor customer relations and poor service.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had DirecTV installed the middle of last year. We called to have them come out and fix our tv service. We waited all day long, nobody showed up or called. After 3 days of calling we gave up on DirecTV completely. This month's bill went up $75 because we hadn't been able to call to get a new plan. We called today - they wouldn't give us a cheaper plan, wouldn't even upgrade or do anything with our account. We called and got Dish Network set up for tomorrow. Will NEVER, EVER use DirecTV or AT&T again! Worst company ever!!! AND we will not pay any penalty fees either.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Red Ventures Holdco, LP (Fort Mill, South Carolina) is the primary sales and marketing agent for DirecTV in the world. They refer to themselves as DirectStarTV to deflect the fact that they are not part of DirecTV (parent company AT&T). When you purchase services for DirecTV, you are almost always dealing with Red Ventures. AT&T pays DirectStarTV (Red Ventures Holdco, LP) for your contract. This type of relationship is not uncommon, out of the ordinary, nor difficult to understand within the industry. It places each of the companies at arm's length distance from one and another. By doing so, each company circumvents (or believes they do) potential legal and financial liabilities that may arise from their highly questionable and fraudulent marketing practices.

However, the question arises from the “intent” of the DirecTV and Red Ventures relationship. As it happens, by keeping arm's length distance from the sales pitch of DirecTV subscriptions, AT&T can deny claims made against it, by subscribers. However, when you ask representatives from DirecTV (generally located in the Philippines) who Red Ventures (aka DirectStarTV) is, they will always tell you that they have “no idea” and or have never heard of them. When you climb the corporate ladder at DirecTV and AT&T, you may, on a rare occasion, speak with a mid-level manager that, when pressed, will confess recognition of the name(s), but in the same breath will also deny understanding of the relationship between the two entities or give any information about same.

Now comes the rub. For the last two years probably more, DirecTV has known about a software glitch with their hardware. They will not admit to knowledge of the software issue, but it is clear that they are in fact, 100% aware. Using a contracted marketing company such as Red Ventures, AT&T can both deny false and inaccurate information passed on to potential customers through DirectStarTV. More importantly, keep you in the dark by saying they are not part of AT&T, and therefore precluded from supplying information about them. At the prospect of going up against a rapidly approaching 200 billion dollar company, most of us go away as AT&T wishes us to do. I, on the other hand, become angrier and begin to dig deeper.

Red Ventures is not a transparent organization, and you cannot find a way into the corporate structure in Fort Mill, South Carolina, through reasonable means. The two telephone numbers at Red Ventures, which tell you that live operators are available, is an absolute guise, as dozens of recorded messages will prove out. Red Ventures will not tell you about the ongoing DirecTV software problems in their sales pitch. They are aware of the issues, and since they keep this information from you, this negates the validity of your contract with DirecTV. If the agreement between you and DirecTV is null and void, that leaves you and hundreds of thousands to start of class action lawsuit against DirecTV, AT&T, as well as Red Ventures Holdco, LP, which is no small company with revenue of 2 billion dollars annually.

Here is the kicker to the story. On top of all of what I have told you, Red Ventures (aka DirectStarTV) entirely, knowingly, and in your face, lies to virtually every potential DirecTV customer about who, what, how, why, and where DirecTV service will be received. The false Red Venture statement when I opted for DirecTV service is the reason I am writing about how I became aware of the software issue.

Call DirecTV and demand a refund, and to let you out of your contract. Tell them you want all hard inquiries removed from credit bureaus (as they were fraudulent), and the cost of moving to a new provider covered. And, you also demand payment for the aggravation. When the representative in the Philippines says he or she has no idea what you’re talking about, ask for a manager (not a supervisor), then tell him or her that you want the telephone number for the Office of the President*. Keep pushing on your demands as the more dissatisfied customers DirecTV, AT&T, and Red Ventures have, the more negative publicity will occur bringing them to the attention of the media and government agencies mentioned above.

DirecTV has recently lost over 400,00 customers, and a devaluation in stock price and they want to stop the bleeding. Keep pushing your refund, hard inquiry removal(s), and reimbursement for being forced to move to another provider, as there is no software fix in sight for the foreseeable future. Please drop me a line about your progress, and I'll be happy to help.

Everything I have stated is detailed in notes and legally recorded under state law. I invite everyone to reprint this article with my name (for your protection) should AT&T become vindictive as they have with me. *Yelp will not allow the publishing of the Office of President telephone numbers, but if you contact me, I will give the telephone numbers to anyone that requests them. PLEASE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH MY DIRECTV REVIEW ON YELP FOR MORE CLARITY.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have been lied to so many times by customer service I cannot even remember. Started service as advertised $35 a month guaranteed for 2 years. Very first bill $85 every bill after that went to as much as $130. No customer service in USA always India, Korea and Philippines. Never ever go paperless. They change bill month to month (example 2/25/2019 bill paid in full $47.65) received 3/25/2019 bill $92.00 showing prior bill was not paid in full and balance carry over of $36.60? IT IS SAD WHEN GOVT. IS IN ATT POCKETS and not over seeing this huge monster corp.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I wanted to keep my U-verse and was talked into switching to DirecTv because it is supposedly so much better. The technician that installed my satellite dish did not want to go on our flat roof to install it and put it on our deck instead. Now for the past two months we always have three or four channels that won’t come in, whether the weather is bad or not. I called customer service and they told me they would charge me to fix their equipment that doesn’t work, that I didn’t want and that the installer put in the wrong location. Looking forward to my contract ending so I can cancel their service.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We had a great experience when we had DirecTV UNTIL we decided to disconnect. (Due to cost) It’s been an absolute disaster since then. I’ve talked or chatted with no less than 8 people since Feb and wasted over 3 hours of my life. The sad part is that every person I connected with seemed to take great pleasure in giving me the runaround. Talked with them on 3 separate occasions and last person couldn’t find any notes on previous calls although previous people saw previous calls. I do not owe them $15.73 because they didn’t disconnect my service when they said they would. But likely will have to pay just to get them to leave me alone. I will never use their services again if I have to go TV-less. I’ll soon be disconnecting from their parent company’s cell service too. (AT&T) Thank you for showing me what truly poor customer service looks like.

DIRECTV Company Information