Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.82/5
Based on 4,747 ratings submitted in the last year

DIRECTV

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

View More View More

DIRECTV Reviews

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I have had NFL ticket for years and I cannot wait for someone else take this away from them. Trying to record games is a nightmare, you have to choose from 3 channels when you want to record a live game. Why three channels? Makes no sense. 25% of the time it does. It record the game, this really sucks when you have a game you really want to watch.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

When I terminated my service because I was moving they charged me for another month 230.00 dollars. I was three days into my next cycle when I called to close my account. I was told I had to pay for the whole next month even though I closed my account. The worst company ever.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have had DIRECTV for over 6 years and but finally decided to cut the cord. I called and canceled, returned the equipment. I have confirmation of the return but they still took $191.43 out of my acct.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I recently ran into another problem, their programming of the baseball playoffs. I called, reported the problem, but it actually got worse. Obviously, playoff schedule changes with certain wins or losses. The rest of the world knows this, but DirecTV, even 36 hours out, isn't changed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been with Directv for many years. We decided to cut the cable and move with the times. Of course it’s been a nightmare ever since. I returned the equipment as request, received an email confirming they received everything and then a week or so later I get an email that they’re charging me $293 for unreturned equipment. What?? So I called within minutes of receiving that emailed billing statement and spoke with someone who promised to stop the payment from processing. Two days later it processed and it’s been an ongoing war to have them refund this.

They tried to offer me a gift card which is a joke and I wouldn’t accept because I would be a complete fool to pay this charge on my credit card upfront hoping for directv to do their part weeks later. I’ve now spent four more phone calls totaling over four hours and am no more closer to this refund processing to my credit card. My next step will be reporting this charge as fraudulent. I will never in a million years sign up for directv/AT&T again. There is no love loss here.

This is a complete scam to have been charged even though they knew they had received my equipment and then to make it impossible to get my money back. I’ve heard this horror story from everyone I know who has been in my position. They do it purposely trying to take advantage of people and make a dime. This company is a failure and I predict it will go out of business if it continues this way. I am here to spread the word- run don’t walk from directv. It’s a trap. Every friend of mine will be warned as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Horrible service. I have had to call many times in 2 weeks and every time got a different answer. And double charged s payment. Now fighting to get my payment reversed... Here are more words bad, language barriers all outside of the country reps.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

All I want to do is cancel my service, because the price went from $45 to $99. After countless hours on the phone and on chat, I was given (miraculously) $31 offer. I called back ONE hour later to accept, and guess what? That offer no longer existed....3 days, over an hour each day, and still nothing. What a joke and the most frustrating customer service ever. 4 different departments, 4 different answers, and "the back office" twice, and still nothing....and the worst part is that I fell into this one year ago. And to think I almost did it again! RUN FROM THEM AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

This company is horrible. Been a customer for 18 years. Called to look over a bill that has now gone to 151 a month. Left on hold for an hour-then they say they offer me a special for being loyal. Same promo everyone gets and then they jack price up. JOKE!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Had the worst experience trying to cancel service, customer service department would not honor my request and try to ply me with deals, after a week I was able finally to cancel but again was called 3 to 4 times a day in order to continue service. At this point was very dissatisfied. On top of that after we paid the full month (boxes were disconnected) we received a charge from a collection agency for penalty. Direct TV never contacted us for this and we never received a bill for it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Been a customer 8 years paying $138.00 a month. My Mom Passed away and I was gone for a few days. Never been late in all this time. My bill was found under some paperwork on my desk. I found it and called in. My bill had went to $366.00. Told them to shut the acct down. Said they could not do that until the 20th and I would get an email on the 21st. This was happening on the 7th of the month. I told them I would be out of the country at that time could they just do it now, they said it was the way it is and that I would just have to find some to do it or they charge me for the products. I WOULD NOT PISS ON THIS COMPANY IF THEY WERE ON FIRE. STAY AWAY FROM AT&T.

DIRECTV Company Information