Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

For years, DIRECTV has been committed to providing the greatest digital television experience to over 37 million customers in both the U.S and Latin America. Every aspect of our company is centered on bringing each customer state-of-the-art service.

We understand that it is important to our customers that they work with a company that respects and understands their wants and needs, which is why DIRECTV’s employees are trained and ready to assist and answer any of your digital television needs. For the #1 satellite TV service in the country, choose DIRECTV.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

DIRECTV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: May 19, 2020

I had a year long promotion on my account which expired May 14th. I received an email telling me to call in to get a new promotion. Well, here I am on my third call and I keep being told that the system hasn't offered a new promotion yet. In the meantime, my bill has gone up by $70. Today I was told that the "new" promotion wouldn't appear until the end of the month (which means they can continue to charge me more money - seems like this is a way to keep people locked into a higher price).

My options were to downgrade or remove services as they had NO other promotions available. Why did I receive an email telling me to call in for a new promotion then? I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold and after waiting for several minutes was told nobody was available and all the supervisor could do was tell me there were no promotions. I have been a loyal DIRECTV customer since 2002. Once AT&T took DIRECTV over their service and customer loyalty went to crap. If I could give this company zero stars I would. With my current bill at $190 a month and the lack of consideration for their customers, I'll be looking for another provider.

Original review: May 16, 2020

It’s 125AM Friday night and my cable has been disconnected, there is no one at this hour to talk to about my bill. So I paid money I don’t owe just to have TV at this time of crisis. Every month I spend over an hour talking about my bill to these people. My bill is 60 a month purely basic channels, what is the big problem. Every month I get a bill charging me hundreds!!! They also drilled a hole in my new roof I didn’t even know and my house already had a Directv satellite, now I have two. Talked to supervisors, doesn’t help. I was charged 40 a month for a sports channel ended up paying 240. They said it was a promotion and too late to get any money back because Aug 20 was the deadline! My friend had the same problem and was always overcharged and going to another company solved her problem. I didn’t ask for any promotion. They just put it on your cable without your knowledge or permission. Then they charge you for it!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

DirectTV is inferior product compared to others I had before: Verizon and COX. Channels suck, but more importantly service is dependent on weather, go figure why that would be!! It goes out exactly when you need it, in bad weather; when you need to stay informed and/or entertained; when you don't have much other options; when you can't go anywhere.

Once in contract, bills go up without advance notice or with obscure notice you wouldn't notice through mail. What is worse, even if you wait patiently for the contract to run out, it can get extended in ways you wouldn't imagine. In my case, I asked for additional receiver. I told the customer rep that I DON'T want my contract to be extended, to no avail. When I called when it was due to cancel the contract, I was told the device I received extended my contract by 2 years (yes, full 24 months). New low of customer lock-in!

Original review: May 8, 2020

This is the worst...did I say the worst company for honoring promotions. From day one the first time I had service the billing was always inflated!. The bundle deals are never honored for same bill payments. I was a fool and responded to a flyer in the mail saying "we want you back". BS. Not once was the bill correct according to the flyer. Every call was hours long and had to be escalated and never solved. Before I reconnected I even paid almost 600 for equipment between them and Century Link so They could never say I owed them for it again. Now that I have disconnected again they are trying to charge me for equipment I purchased and sending me to collections for the items I bought. Oh did I mention the $45 dollar a month promotion was not honored even one time.

Hours and hours on the phone with these poor CS reps trying to give current promos, etc. to make it right only to escalate hours later to a so called manager that would call me back. Oh one time the CEO or whomever was supposed to call me back. You guessed it....no return call. I hate this company with all I have and that is a strong word I do not like to use. Too bad the service when properly installed is pretty good. It is just not worth the headache of the crooked sneaky billing and charging.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I have had nothing but problems with this company since AT&T took over DirecTV. First they charged me for football which I never asked for. Took months to have this taken care of. Then Bill started being well over double amt. They assured me to get the bill down. Have had my service suspended 3x and no credit given for no service then and still being charged way too much of what was told. People from Philippines call trying to get me to get extra channels and I say NO. But happens anyway. Will not let me cancel because they say I still have contract. I'm fed up, I've called my senator to tell him about this company and now have an attorney which I will be suing AT&T for excess bills and no credits and for my own suffering from them. I'm 70 yrs old and little income. They need to quit charging for what customers tell them NO.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I have been trying for over a month to move my service from one address to another. I have had two installation appointments and both were cancelled without notification. When I call I’m told it is due to the Covid-19 and they can’t send technicians out- but I see AT&T trucks in my neighborhood all the time. Each time I call now to schedule a technician I’m told they can’t do anything for me and I’ll have to wait until someone calls me back- but I never get a phone call. I don’t know if this is due to AT&T's famously bad service or something else. I have been a customer for 15 years and I think my relationship with DirecTV is over.

Original review: April 29, 2020

The service that is provided by DirecTV is at best a complete waste of money, they are way over priced once your contract is up with them. The satellite reception is out constantly, if the wind blows it goes out, if it rains it goes out, the signal can't seem to find the house consistently but the bill has no problem finding the house!!! I have the hopper system which is a joke. I have 4 boxes and you can only watch tv on two of them, the other two cut in and out when you're watching tv, when they were installed we were told no one else on the market had them and now I see why... the system is junk!! Do yourself a favor and save your money and go with anything other than DirecTV/ATT. I will be cancelling my service with them as soon as I can get lined out or something else!!!!

Original review: April 28, 2020

After 2 years with DirecTV, I was tired of seeing my bill continue to go up overtime. We decided to cancel. I canceled on April 17th. I just received a bill dated April 14-May 13 for the full monthly amount. I called and was told that they won't prorate the bill and would be responsible for the full month. So I am paying close to $200 for 3 days of service! Very poor customer service DirecTV/AT&T. As a result of how I was treated, you will be losing me as a mobile phone customer too!

Original review: April 24, 2020

I called trying to make sure my NFL ticket didn't renew, I called the number that it says to call and even after the customer service person answered and I told her what I needed to do she said ok, then went on and on about an extra service coverage that would be cheaper than what Directv gives me now... I kept stating no, I only called to make sure that my NFL ticket does not renew...then she became rude and sarcastic and said she couldn't do that...even though I called the number the website says to call regarding NFL ticket and she never said she couldn't help me with that to start out with.

This is my second time dealing with AT&T customer service who is now handling Directv from what it appears, very disappointing both times, but, this time outright rude and very unprofessional. I am still trying to find a contact email or address I can report this AND make sure my NFL ticket doesn't renew. Directv made a mistake joining with AT&T, at least where customer service is concerned.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I was in the process of switching from CenturyLink to DirecTV. Century Link set up the whole change service process & promised that there would be a soft credit check. I cancelled the switch & DirecTV didn't remove the hard credit check, which they shouldn't have done. I Spoke to customer service twice at DirectTV about the hard credit check. Every phone call after that for several weeks I got a machine. I got the message, "You have reached us outside business hours," & the phone hung up whenever I select the correct option. I was in Colorado. Their HQ is on the West Coast & I always called just after 2pm; they are a hour behind us. Never got a human to resolve the issue & got stuck with a hard credit check for 2 years. DirecTV didn't provide any service like they should have, they or crooked & unethical. CenturyLink & DirecTV are both crooked & unethical companies. I'm currently with Spectrum.

DIRECTV Company Information