3.5/5 (1853 ratings)

About DIRECTV

DIRECTV is a direct broadcast satellite provider that transmits to homes throughout the United States and the Caribbean. There are many different packages to choose from, each offering a variety of features, channels and DVR options. It's important to note that DIRECTV requires a two-year contract, and most customers experience an increase in prices after the first year.

Pros

• Various programming options
  • Easy to relocate with
  • Multiple packages available

Cons

• Costly to cancel
  • Price increases after first year

Bottom Line

DIRECTV is a leader in satellite broadcasting. The company’s services are ideal for people who want a lot of options for TV channels, features and packages.

DIRECTV Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV?

Original review: July 22, 2021

Directv is the worst surface is the worst service I have ever had. Service is very poor very poor yet they continue going up on their going up on their monthly fee. I am not getting what I'm paying for and this is extremely disappointing to me sing to me.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Att/DirecTV, is a big rip off, their equipment is failing and they expect you to buy things that should be included in your service payment. Their packages are completely out of date, and way overpriced, play the same ** all the time, guess they know they have a monopoly, on service to rural customers that cannot get cable access!!!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Love DirecTV, BUT after going under AT&T the prices have skyrocketed and continue to climb. They do offer discounts up to a year depending on what package you get. However, you will get sticker shock after those promos end. I have two other alternatives but they are also expensive. Looks like I'll be cutting the cord soon and going to streaming services.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Major problems arose when AT&T merged with Direct TV. They did not make it easy to keep the 2 accounts separate. They just got too big too fast and the customer was who suffered and could never get adequate help with either.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I hate it. You have to buy each channel and if you want to add channel you have to go through song and dance to get it. Also you have to make sure dish is good, and if you have older tv it will turn on by itself.

Original review: July 17, 2021

All weather events interrupt the reception. Any rain, snow, wind messes with what you can watch. I really don’t like satellite tv at all. I would never tell anyone to get it. I was also lied to about what I was getting. I was told that I would have my movie channels for the price that they told me, then they charged me an extra $150 for the movie channels. Then after one year they started charging me more than the cable company was charging me.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Their rates are reasonable. Their service is good, whether on the phone or having a technician come to the house. I don't mind the dish on the roof. Now with the new box, I have better reception with HD & when there is a disruption in service, you can switch over to low definition.

Original review: July 15, 2021

DirecTV has you paying for packages they include and you do not want or watch which are $9.99 per month!! The signal is constantly lost! The prices are ridiculous and go higher all the time. Their deals are ok but once over you pay outrageous prices for poor service and unwanted packages to get the channels you watch. Like all other cable companies they are no more than a rip off!!

Original review: July 14, 2021

Have a lot of intermittent issues with two of my three tv's. Called customer service and they can't fix. More over multiple times they just hang up on me. Tried with loyalty department and the same luck. They hung up on me three times today. Technical support directs my calls to loyalty department and loyalty department directs my calls to technical support. In mean time my tv service is bad. Can't wait for contract to expire. AT&T which owe Direct Tv doesn't respect their customers. Only what is important is $$$$.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Very few channels that we like. Rest of channels not worth watching. If it wasn't for the DVR, there would be almost nothing to watch during our regular viewing hours. There are too many commercials, and they are just plain stupid. It's getting to be all commercials interrupted by a little programming. Even about a third of the channels are just infomercials. The cable companies get paid to run the commercials, so why should we have to pay to watch them? It would be good if they offered a package of maybe 15 channels of your choice at a reasonable price.

DIRECTV Company Information