ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5
Based on 4,730 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was having technical issues on my recently updated account and Falem very quickly fixed my issue while remaining extremely professional and nice the entire call. Nothing seemed like a hassle. He makes doing business with Xfinity worth it. Thank you Fralem!

Original review: March 18, 2019

The service is good. Really haven't had any problems. Services are pricey and local office located at the mall of all places. Parking and having to walk can be very challenging for a disabled person.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and I am perplexed by the amount of negative reviews. I must be one of the lucky. Today, I called and it took about 10 minutes to get off of that stupid loop of computer generated prompts (my only problem with them). Once I got through, I spoke to a woman (Dorian???) and she was delightful to speak to and helped me cancel many things that I didn't need to help reduce my bill. By the way, yes, Comcast upped the bill $43.21 from January to February and no real explanation on the bill, which prompted me to call them.

We had the Double Play package and home security and my bill was $228.86 and went to $272.07. I can not justify spending $3264.84 on TV and Internet per year. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and between the two of those, it's only $267.52 per year. I digress. So the woman shut off my home security, which I don't need but got talked into when I first subscribed. She also took off the HD additional cost, and after everything was said and done, she reduced my bill by $1.2k per year and I'm getting a better internet speed package. I'm sure that this will be a temporary thing and it will creep up again by the end of the year, but I'll just have to call again and most importantly, be polite and nice to the person on the other end of the phone. I know that is easier said than done, but it really works. The 4 star review is for Dorian. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

When I set up my new account with Comcast they told me that it would be $60 for 175 download speed, I spoke to two different representatives and neither one of them told me what I found out two weeks after having the account. I had already reached 1TB of data and was told I would be charged $10 more for every 50 GB. Or I could have unlimited for $50 more than what I am already paying, for a total of $110 a month. Almost double what I ordered. After leaving my other company and already sending back the modem I feel I have no choice but to stay until I can find something better. Customer service was useless. All they offered me was what they offer everyone which is two free months of data and then after that my bill is double! So much for the great deal I thought I had on the Internet!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Comcast has sent notice that the broadcast surcharge fee is going up $6.50 effective 02/01/2020. This is an outrageous 55% increase and much more than the increases other cable companies are putting through. Comcast couldn’t have possibly negotiated that badly with the networks, so what’s up? Here’s the truth. Comcast is launching “The Peacock Network” on 04/15/2020 and are telling Xfinity subscribers they’ll be getting the network for “free”.

**! It’s not free - they are having all their subscribers pay for the network with their huge surcharge increase. They think we are all idiots by having us start paying for it 3 months early and no choice to decline the offering. Then, when the network launches they can call it a huge success, with an immediate 24 million customers and hundreds of millions in already collected revenue. It’s time the FCC mandated a la carte pricing so these networks are all held accountable. I would drop the ultra expensive sports channels in a flash if a choice was offered. File online complaints with the Senators that represent you in Washington. WE NEED A LA CARTE pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Service is terrible, first time you call they route you to a overseas call center that only can send a signal to the X1. They do not have access to do anything else. I was in the line for 45 minutes. They did not solve anything. Next day the issue was resolve. @ days later DVR programs are pixelated. Thanks. Good. Some lady in the US took my call and is sending someone to fix the issue. Please Comcast eliminate your overseas or change the way they work. Ask for the problem and say, "Tomorrow or in 2 days we will fix the issue," but do not leave a customer in the line for 45 minutes and do not solve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Like so many other reviewers, we don't understand how the "contract" with Comcast is only for their benefit. They can remove included TV channels and tack on additional so-called "fees", but we are locked in to their service for the period of the so-called "contract". We also pay for so-called "blast" internet but never receive the advertised speed. We agree with the other reviewers who wonder how this company stays in business and how this is all legal.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I tried to reduce my service level in order to save some money. I am not now and never was on a contract, preferring to pay a higher rate, but they only offered me less services for more money. I truly don't understand how this company stays in business.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I recently ended my one year honeymoon with Comcast Xfinity and renewed at a much higher rate. I got the bill and it went up another $30.00 from the agreed upon amount in less than a month. I called and talked to several mouthpieces that give nonsatisfaction. They just repeat their scripts and then ask "is there anything else I can help you with". Really you just ** up my day and you have the nerve to ask that. In less than 30 days it went up due to a price increase. I stated I have a contract, but that doesn't matter. Xfinity like all the cable providers just screw you and every time you make a change they try to drag you into another two year contract; after the one you have is worthless.

I spent 12 years fighting with Verizon, and I won't get roped into another lousy service or lack or service provider. The original salesperson Steve lied through his teeth. They all do!!!! I tried to upload copies of the receipts, but it kept getting errors. I tried upload the same items to another program; no problem. I guess they already know their proof. They just don't want me to share the truth with you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I moved into an area that they do not service and they still charge a disconnect fee. When disputed the service representative told me I am responsible because I chose to live in an area they do not service. Also when I closed the account I had to dispute charges that were added and they had to take additional charges off but refused to take away the disconnect fee. They are crooks!!

Not sure about Comcast Cable Service?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team