Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Comcast Cable Service

Comcast Cable Service
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.57/5
Based on 4,154 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

I was approached at the BestBuy store to change my service. I was told that I would have the whole service package I had at ATT and also equipment was free. This was an absolute lie and fraud. The service for Comcast is horrible. It has never worked well and you can 't use the ATT cell extender with this, even though it says you can. All of this is BS. Do not change over. It is BS.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I was told by Comcast that no one had to pay till May 2020 due to coronavirus which made me think Comcast is great for helping at these terrible times. So 9 days later I check my acct & yup... I'm overdue with an additional 10 late fee. I try & call them & I get their horrible automated service which is the WORST. I'm looking for a new provider maybe Centurylink. If any of you guys know a better one let me know. Comcast is a joke and lies to its customers.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Xfinity has the worst customer service. If you try to call for tech-support all they try to do is upsell you a more expensive package. There is nowhere on the app or the website to cancel or disconnect your service. They only offer move out tax/transfer services. Their wait times are absolutely ridiculous and if you don’t use your box for about a week when you go to power on your TV you only get an error message, takes at least 30 minutes or more to resolve the issue.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I had nothing but issues with this service since day one. They give you the option to set up the equipment yourself without an installation fee. I was told that my address was eligible since there was service prior to me. I picked up the equipment and soon found out this was not true. I ended up having to wait another week for someone to come out and install it - and was still charged the fee. During the duration of my service the boxes would disconnect or the sound would go out.

I had to relocate out of state unexpectedly due to a domestic violence incident and cancelled my services. I was NOT informed by the customer service representative that I would be charged a $210 early cancellation fee. I was not informed of this when I signed up for the service either. Once I received a bill in the mail I immediately contacted customer service and was told I could dispute the charge and I would be contacted with a result in 48 hours. Several months pass and I had heard nothing so I called today and was informed that the dispute was denied and I would still owe the $210. I informed the rep that I am a single mother who had to move out of state due to a violent relationship and I would like to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor refused to speak with me and I was told my only option would be to transfer my service to someone else.

Comcast does not cover the area I relocated to so I could not transfer my services even if I wanted to. I am trying to pay my final bill with what little money I have for my 5 month old son and I and I'm being told nobody can help me with this termination fee. People are struggling to feed their children during the COVID-19 outbreak and this company is worried about penalizing me for having to move due to domestic violence.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Personally called Xfinity Cust. Solutions on Jan 7 or 8 of 2020 to formal cancel triple play service. On Jan 8, new provider attempted to re-neg on agreed to terms of deal. Called Xfinity - Jan 08 - to see if I could stop cancellation if necessary... Was told that tel. number was already in the transfer to new service and the cancellation of services will have to occur first...then I could re-establish "new" Xfinity service. Worked out my issues with new service provider... never again communicated with Xfinity knowing that the cancellation was processing.

An Xfinity invoice arrived in Feb - my wife paid invoice assuming it was our final statement! An Xfinity invoice arrived in March with even higher than typical, past monthly fees??? Called Xfinity Customer Solutions - March 19 - spoke with Jennifer - understand that I prompted thru the menu as a "cancellation call"... Jennifer was nice enough... the script calls for thanking you for being a customer for "35" years... and then as we dove into my cancellation issues... lots of hold time to research my claims of Jan 7-8th previous cancellation...."no record of cancellation" was the response. Of course I suggest that they should review the infamous "recorded conversation'... some general talk around... and she asked what was my confirmation number from that date? Folks if there was one issued, I did not record it... SO HERE IS MY POINT - WRITE DOWN THE CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION NUMBER IN BLOOD.

This cost me approx 700.00 for two months of service that I was certain that was canceled. IN CONCLUSION: Service Corporations can become VINDICTIVE when termination or cancellation enters the conversations... do they think that I will not spread the details of this DUMB treatment of a "35 year client!!!" at the end... what perverted methods do they deploy when an individual passes away... soak the dead guys estate! I know at least a dozen people with second homes and two cable bills. I will share the newest approach that my son proved to me - was better than traditional Cable TV... it's simple... get an Internet Provider as stand alone (FIOS in my case in PA) and then buy from the streaming menu of availability... YouTubeTV, Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime... less expensive for sure, but only 20 to 25 % w/o HBO... Fare Thee Well Xfinity... and spend those last few dollars you stole to develop better policies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 18, 2020

Money hungry company trying to take advantage of people hard hit by coronavirus. Not worth inordinate prices charged for minimal, basic services. I highly recommend not agreeing to any packages or services offered by this very GREEDY company.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My experience at Comcast in Jackson MS was horrible. One of the cashiers was rude. She was so rude she needs to be fired. I’ve been with Comcast since 2012 and this is the first time I experienced something so dreadful. This ugly girl treated me like I had the coronavirus. She probably has it herself. She didn’t even try to help me. It didn’t matter what I said she was running **. It took everything I had not to slap her. She wasn’t worth me losing my dignity. I called Tmobile with the same problem and they agreed with me and tried to fix the problem. This ugly girl didn’t even try and I’m so angry. I’m going to keep trying until she is fired for being so rude. They are firing people everyday. She is a horrible person and don’t need to work in customer service. This one girl makes me want to leave Comcast. I pay almost 200 a month and i refuse to be treated like I’m a nobody when I honestly can say me and my husband probably makes 5 times as much money as she makes.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I guess what you should expect from a monopoly. I have been a Comcast customer for 13 years now. Not because they are the best, but because they have no competition. I was finally in a plan that I liked, just internet service at a reasonable rate. Suddenly I receive a call from someone at Comcast sales offering a special promotional plan with Streampix for $90, but I can try it for 30 days and if I don't like it I can go back to the plan I currently have. I thought, "Wow, that's a great deal; I wouldn't mind trying Streampix, worst case I switch back."

After a week, I decided the content was not good enough to justify the 20 percent increased cost per month in addition. I called Comcast to switch back to my previous plan. Suddenly they need to verify my account number. Interesting that that wasn't done to sell me your new plan. Oh, and wait for it, here it comes... I can go back to my previous plan, but I cannot get my previous promotional pricing. I ask to speak with a manager because this is unacceptable, and they claimed they were already the expert and nothing can be done. Thanks Comcast, you really know how to take care of your customers..and yes, I am being sarcastic. I have had poor experiences before, but this angered me enough to write a review. Just about had enough of this poor quality of service going around.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I do not like being forced to pay for sports channels as I am not a sports fan. I am also being charged $8.25 for the regional sports fee as well as $14.95 for a Broadcast fee. Comcast should offer a package without sports.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I was told my account was good to go up 21 Jan when I planned to cancel with no extra charges. Cancelled my account on 21 Jan after talking with a couple of agents and was told again I would not have any further charges. Sent all my boxes and remotes back through FedEx. Received a bill yesterday saying I owe $101.90 now. Called and asked why and then was told my billing date was not 21 Jan and that my billing cycle was 11 Dec to 11 Jan and was then billed for remaining days 12-21 Jan. I would have cancelled on 11 Jan if I knew this.

I expressed to them how it was explained to me by a number of agents and they did not care. First lady I spoke with started a dispute process then hung up before finishing the process. Called back and got a rude guy this time telling me that I HAD TO PAY FOR SERVICE that we used and that was it. I said I want to finish the dispute process and he said that this process could take 30-60 days and that I would have to pay anyways most likely. I said start the process and that I didn't care how long it took. He told me I would receive a text and an email about the dispute once the call ended....still no email or text about dispute and it’s been over 2 hours now.

Pretty sure the way business is done here that it will not happen and I will have to call back and do it all over again. This is why Xfinty Comcast is failing and we left after being with them from May 2015 till Jan 2020 and treated like crap! Pretty sure that I will have wasted my time here addressing this issue and no one will get back with me either. Will just have to wait and see...

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team