Comcast Cable Service

Comcast Cable Service

Last updated: April 19, 2018

4997 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Zero stars. After 10+ years of being a loyal customer, Comcast forced me to pay $540 in Early Termination Fees (ETFs) and treated me like garbage. In December of 2017, my family moved only 10 minutes away from our old house, and Comcast informed me that my "new" area is not serviceable and my account will be closed. I was also told that while there are typically ETFs to be paid, because I'm a long-term customer with good standing, all ETFs will be waived. I received a bill for $540 shortly after. Since then, I've spoken with a total of 10 Customer Service representatives, with each one consistently assuring me that all ETFs will be waived, only to receive another bill. I was finally able to break through the overseas answering service and get through to a department head in the corporate office named Crystal.

She said that the ETFs have not and will not be waived, but the employees who promised ETFs to be waived will be dealt with. (How is that for a resolution?) Shortly after, I received a letter from a collection agency, and was forced to pay $540 to keep my credit history clean. Appalled by this treatment, I wrote a letter to Mr. Tom **, the SVP of Customer Experience at Comcast. I was contacted by Leah ** in his office, who transferred me back to Crystal, who then repeated what she had said before. A classic dead end! I then sent my letter to every executive at Comcast, confident that they would want to know what's going on in the field. The next day, I received an email stating that Comcast's decision is final.

To sum it up, I was lied to and misrepresented information by 10 separate Customer Service representatives of Comcast, spent countless hours trying to get what was promised to me, humiliated by having a collection agency harass me, unfairly forced to pay $540 for Comcast's inability to service my area, and no apology, no effort was ever made to treat me like a customer or even as a human being. On a separate note, I am shocked that a company of Comcast's size wasted countless hours of their resources over $540 only to end up with an angry customer, who is now on a mission to tell everyone about her experience. I have done business with many companies in both my private life and business career, and I have NEVER been so mistreated by any company in my entire life. Comcast is the most unethical company in the United States. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I changed from Fios to Comcast 3 weeks ago. I signed up with the provision that I retain my former phone #. I was told I would get it, I waited and waited, finally, I called FIOS for the hold-up, I blamed FIOS for the problem since Comcast said they had requested the old phone number back. I wrote FIOS with the complaint, The next day, I got a call from a FIOS rep. from the executive office. The rep. kept following up on the progress and I thought we finally got the ball rolling. Nothing!

I went to the Comcast Complaint site where I was directed to complain to a Tom **, VP of Customer Experience: "He wants to hear our complaints". I wrote twice to Tom ** and got no response. I explained to him, that my sister was on many boards at the church she belongs to, the pastor, board members could not reach us, my daughter who lives in Texas, also called and the line was dead, she was very concerned. This IS serious and it went unheeded! I wrote a very brief email today, to Mr. ** and finally, I got a response, I will be contacted and hopefully, I will get my phone # back. Side note: prior to contacting the Home Office, my salesman told me to call his Supervisor, and I did but he never called me back, he was aware of what had been going on with the difficulties I encountered. BOO! On Comcast! Let's see if I get a credit for my phone bill.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

We have a bedroom box that they have attempted to fix and replace for 6 months and I still have no service in that room yet they are happy to charge me each month. When I phone in I get an agent each time that I am unable to understand from either Asia or India. Totally frustrated with Comcast.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Have been with DirecTV for 5 years while having Comcast's Internet for the same amount of time. Decided to do a picture quality comparison to see if Comcast has true 1080p HD and 4K UHD channels like DirecTV. Using two identical 4K UHD televisions with the same picture settings I came to a conclusion that Comcast doesn't have any 1080p HD channels, all their HD channels are all in 720p format. Comcast doesn't have any HD channels in 1080p format nor 4K UHD. So if you're looking for superior HD and UHD choose DirecTV, Dish Network or AT&T/Verizon optical TV service. So you all know, Comcast still has the worst Customer service.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I was a good customer for years and the price kept going up to two hundred dollars a month and I don't like fighting to keep the price down but the price kept going up & I can't get a good customer deal. I even told them that I am retired now & still no deals so I ended the service and they wouldn't pick-up the box but they think I owe them money. They love money more than customers and customers represent money $$$. Oh Well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I been a customer with Comcast for years, but never been happy with them. I finally decided to change to ATT and by next Friday: goodbye Comcast. I have cable, internet and home phone. The first annoyance with Comcast is the cable box they make you rent at $7 a month, and later increased to $10. That may not seem like a lot, but when paying a monthly cable bill of almost $200, it is. About 3 years ago I bought my own Xfinity box for $180 dollars hoping I would eventually make up for the cost. But what a racket it is to make customers pay rent for a box needed to run the system. In January 2018, my bill was increased by $30. I checked the bill online, and Comcast had signed me up for Showtime and a couple of other pay channels without my consent.

I called and was given the excuse that it was an error in the system. An error. I believe with certainty that a person had to input that error. Also, if you have tried to call Comcast, you may know what a pain it is, trying to get through and finally ending up with someone on the other side of earth, that may be hard to understand. The last straw came a few weeks ago, when my two year contract was up and they increased my charges again. I called to see if I could lower my bill and the agent said I would receive an email with an offer within 5 to 7 days. That was 3 weeks ago. I contacted ATT and was able to get a plan considerable lower in price. I know there a problems with all cable companies, but I have had it with Comcast and can't wait to call and cancel. It is legalized extortion.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I called Comcast this morning to make arrangements to move my service to a new address. I was told that they do not service the area I am moving to, but to call Cable Movers to verify this. And, if they did not service the area, the early termination fee would be waived since they did not service the area. I found out that, indeed, Comcast was not available in the new area. When I called Comcast to terminate my service, I was told that the first agent was incorrect, the termination fee would be charged. I tried to reason with the agent and his supervisor, Raymond, badge ** located in Manila. Over and over they said that the fee would not be waived and that the first agent would receive appropriate training for having promised to waive the fee.

I asked for a number in the US to call and was told there were no US numbers, only the 800 number I called. I asked which government agency oversaw Comcast and was told the Better Business Bureau. I asked about the FCC and Raymond said maybe. I asked for a copy of the transcript of my call and was told I couldn't get it because it was used internally only. I asked for a higher up supervisor and was told he was the senior supervisor. Over and over, Raymond would not budge and gave the same platitudes to me about caring for me and stating that I didn't understand the process. He did say that I was in breach of my contract for terminating the service early.

Now, being slow witted or extremely mad, that did not resonate until later in the day. I was not in breach of my contract, Comcast was the one in breach. I called to move my service. It was Comcast that could not fulfill their end of the contract by providing me with the service they had promised. After hanging up the phone with Raymond, I googled the corporate offices and found them to be located in Philadelphia PA. I called and spoke with a gentleman named Dillon who offered a compromise of excusing 3 of the 6 months of early termination fees I would incur. I took the deal because I thought that was better than paying the entire fees owed. It was after speaking with Dillon that I realized who was actually in breach of the contract.

Now, I know Comcast has bad customer service and have had many go arounds with the company. But, just think that this policy of charging the customers for services that the company does not nor cannot provide. It is illegal. There have been lawsuits against Comcast for charging customers for services. They need to rethink their policy. I did not go out and look for an area that Comcast does not serve nor am I moving to an area that they serve, but trying to opt out of their service.

I was merely trying to get service in the new area and my first call was to Comcast. How and why should I be penalized because they have decided a rural area is not where they want to be? If I am penalized for not using them in the new area, should they be forced to put in lines and equipment to fulfill their obligation to me? If the department I spoke with was the Customer Loyalty Department, I would think they would have had the larger picture in mind and waive the termination fees. I have lots and lots of time to post my story. If I can influence just 25 people, think of the thousands of dollars the company will lose, instead of the less than $100 it would have cost.

I have already lodged a complaint with the FCC, Consumer Affairs, called the Attorney Generals Office in my state, called the Comcast Headquarters (although I think that is a dead fish in the water), and BBB. I will be looking for other areas to lodge complaints and tell the details to so that people are aware of how difficulty Comcast is and how their contracts are designed to rip off consumers. Interesting that when I called the Attorney General's office, they immediately saw that Comcast was in breach. If other details emerge, I will update this report or post another one.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I moved and picked up internet only plan for 1gb for $79.99. Five months later I get cold call from Xfinity saying, "You can save $10 off your bill by adding on cable." I told them I will only do it if they don't send me cable box because I don't want to return it. I also don't want slower internet which they agreed to. After the upgrade the internet speed remained the 1GB but out of the blue I get an email with tracking number. I called customer support and I'm 99% positive he knew this. He told I canceled. It should be all set. I told him once the tracking number is created it means it has been picked up. I told him I'm not returning it and leaving it outside. He confirmed, "Don't worry we will take care of it." He was nice, but I feel like he just wanted me to get off the phone.

Once the cable box arrives I call customer service and biggest ** I have ever encountered basically tried to say both people from Xfinity made a mistake like they didn't know. I could tell during the sales call she just wanted the commission by the way she sounded and wanted me to confirm thru text quickly. This guy blames me for everything saying it's my fault for not reading the contract. He says I'm 100% responsible. He says there is nothing he can do. I tell him to listen to recording from prior two calls. I'm not doing anything and he like just drive and drop it off at UPS. I told him, "You should do it." I have to fight with him for 20 min and he continues to say the manager can't do anything either and he doesn't want to transfer me.

Finally he like my manager says they will have a technician pick it up. The guy kept lying saying the manager has the same authority and can't do anything. I'm like, "I was right the entire. You could have done that from the start." He was trained to wear down the customer and put fear in them by repeating it was my fault for signing the contract. He threatens I will cancel the upgrade and I say, "Yes just put me back in my original plan." He says he will. At this point he hates me and I thought my order was clear.

Fast forward next day I get voicemail saying the technician is here. I call back and they have to reschedule the pickup. I purposely left the box on porch where it was left and I told that to the **. The lady is super nice the next day and my blood boils when she tells me when he downgraded me he put me in a slower plan with a higher price. When I moved I got into the great plan so I expected to be in the same one. Now I have to triple check everything because I thought simple instructions put me in my original plan would be honored.

Looking back I spent at least an hour on this ordeal. Never trust customer service anymore. I've had great experiences with Sprint, but Comcast is another animal you can't trust. The lady did lower my speed but she put me in the blast 150mb $30 plan when it's usually $90. The ** put me in performance plan 60mps for $75. My original was 1gb for $79.99. It was a personal attack/trick on me. I noticed I was having problems watching live game on my 4k TV, but thought it was the app company. Also Comcast will text you to confirm. When I get the text I'm tired of talking to them and just want to rush to end the call by confirming it. Never again. Never expect them to rip me off like this, but you live and you learn.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I called Comcast several months ago for services. The internet I had with a previous company did not offer unlimited internet. Comcast rep advised me that they offered unlimited. After getting bill started to notice overcharges for internet usage. I called in and rep states it was their fault and would correct. This happens two more months and now they say they will not credit. Have asked them since they have recordings to listen to the days I called in to see what rep advised me. They will not do it. Over the last two months I have been charged a total of 220.00 dollars. I will be canceling my services this week. I will not give my money to a company that cannot honor or even investigate what is going on.

Original review: April 8, 2018

INITIAL AND STANDING COMPLAINT. - We switched to Comcast several years back for the speed and from the start the speed was never there nor was the reliability. Our kids do on-line classes and on a regular basis they lose signal and have to log back into their classes. This results in lost continuity with their courses and lower grades. We have contacted them numerous times only to face the same runaround. We have had a service tech come out on 4 different occasions and they replaced everything in our house to include the cable box 3 times! The line from the house to the pole was also replaced. This ongoing problem, now 4 years running, still has not been addressed and we pay the same bill every month. We have received a few credits on our account for a measly $20 for our troubles but this company couldn’t even get this right. One month they actually charged us an EXTRA $20 instead of giving us the credit.

MAJOR COMPLAINT - We elected to go with the bundle package when we switched to Comcast which included the phone service. Our phone service with Quest at the time was excellent and I could reach home every time and understand what my family members were saying. This wasn’t the same result with Comcast. In fact the wired phone never worked right after the service change so we just disconnected it completely and are using our cell phones. It then turned into another problem with the WiFi phone service. Every phone call home starts with “can you hear me now” and is stated several times on every call. The poor phone service has been terrible for so long that it became a normal reaction to think an incomplete call was due to the cable being out. Customers should be entitled to RELIABLE SERVICES when they pay full cost every month.

A TRAGIC EVENT - We have a family member that lives just down the block from us and has the same service with the same problems!! He lives by himself so it was important that we stay in touch regularly to make sure all is well. Periodically the phone service would stop working or not allow us to get through to him as it has done so on numerous occasions. We got so caught up in the routine of brushing the issue off as the “cable is out again” that we never thought of the consequences.

Yesterday morning we made the morning call as always but couldn’t get through. The line rang but he did not answer and of course we thought once again that the cable was out so we thought nothing of it. He was found an hour later lifeless face down in the kitchen by his mother. If the service this company provides was reliable, then we would’ve reacted differently to the unanswered phone call of our beloved family member. Comcast doesn’t deserve even a single star and I’m sickened to give them that.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I wish I could leave a 0 star review. When I watch anything on demand I get halfway through and it freezes. Start again with no way to fast forward and it inevitably freezes again in the same place. I've contacted support on multiple occasions and they won't call or email me back. Last call was a week ago. I was promised a credit on my bill because my Internet has been down constantly over the past 6 weeks. Also I was promised someone would be contacting me about a service call. No credit. No contact. I took the time to rate my experience on a survey after I called the last time and STILL haven't received any communication back. No Internet AT ALL right now. It's been out all day. No tv. This company is a joke. Maybe the worst service I've ever experienced. AND IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE! Also I've never run a speed test and gotten the speed that I pay for - not once.

Original review: April 7, 2018

How Comcast/Xfinity Screws Their Customers Out Of Their Money, Technique #209: I was a loyal phone+internet customer for 6 years but they kept raising my rates by insane amounts, claiming that "promotional rates" had expired. I canceled my phone service to manage my costs.When I did that they claim that I simultaneously agreed to initiate a new contract with an early termination fee on the remaining internet service. When I cancelled the internet a few months later, they hit me with their $100 early termination fee. Now, I just want Comcast/Xfinity to go bankrupt to serve as an example to other bad companies.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had Xfinity service installed on March 26, 2018. Since the very first day, my TV picture freezes. Changed main TV - receiver box 4 times since then, changed connecting cables. No matter what you do, the TV picture freezes. I never had this issue for the last 10 years when DirecTV was providing TV service.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I tried calling 3 times and our wi-fi keeps dropping the signal. We have replaced the box 2 times and on top of that I was dropped as I was talking to a tech. Go figure. Paying 202.00 a month for crap.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My address was blocked by a foolish and bad behavior person. Her name (Jacqueline **) from Georgia, when I called her couple times finally I reached her and when I asked her about the reasons of blocking my address -when I had having a service for almost a year with good standing account- she couldn't come with no reason and just she was saying I'm denying a service in this particular address and matter fact she did same things for a lot customers I know when they don't owe nothing to Xfinity! Plus all of us proved all documents needed at Xfinity offices and still our services not coming back so far because of this jerk person named Jacquline from credit and collection dep! So she left us with no option to sue her and company too because she shouldn't be hired for this position by this largest company and since we are getting affected by her bad attitude and actions!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I think Comcast service is poorly given. My wife and I are looking into switching over to Dish Network or DirecTV. You guys charge us almost 3 hundred dollars a month and your boxes are pretty much garbage. In the middle of watching something the show will freeze frame especially on demand. This has been going on for the past 6 months but yet you guys want your money. I will be making sure that my review go on all social media websites. Being employed by the Better Business Bureau makes me even more annoyed that there's always an issue with my service.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have a dispute with Comcast because my rates went up monthly, they increased prices for equipment rental and after a couple years and many hours of my personal time babysitting my account monthly I finally had enough and terminated the contract at which point they told me they would be charging me an early termination fee. I filed a report with the BBB and Comcast declined multiple attempts to contact them for their side of the case. This is why no company should be allowed to control more than 50% of their industry in this nation. They do not care about treating their customers fairly and could care less what the BBB has to say either. Ridiculous!!! And they can call me till hell freezes over before I pay their final bill.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Comcast has the worst customer service ever. I’ve been trying to get WiFi and cable at my house for a month. The customer service team either makes promises they can’t keep or they will put you on hold indefinitely or hang up on you. It’s ridiculous. If their “technicians” can’t just plug a cable into the box/router they have to bring out a more competent “technician” who can drill a hole in the wall. If I had any other choice I’d choose it but I don’t. So for the time being I’ll just go to my local coffee shops and support them for free WiFi. Which brings up another point - net neutrality only works in a competitive market but there in most markets there is no competition. It’s one provider or nothing. At this rate I’m going to start working for Google and laying fiber so they can put the rest of these cable crooks out of business. Rant over.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Very difficult and time consuming sign up process. First, sign up online. Then receive a phone number to call via email. Call and experience extreme difficulty understanding the customer service representative. Obviously, English is not the first language of the person I was speaking to nor his supervisor. I hope I signed up for what I wanted, but I'm not sure. I fully support employment of non-native speakers, but it would be reassuring to sign a contract with someone I could clearly understand. Comcast you missed the mark.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Comcast needs to have better customer service! Especially since their cable/internet service absolutely sucks!!! The X1 platform is a great idea, but it'd be greater if it actually worked 100% of the time (especially when I pay 100% of my bill every month). I shouldn't have to call on a regular basis and complain that I can't watch certain channels or that my internet has stopped working again. And I should never have to unplug my cable box to fix a problem that never should've happened to begin with. ESPECIALLY SINCE THE CEO OF COMCAST GOT A $33,000,000 (yes, $33 million) bonus last year.

Original review: April 1, 2018

If I could I wouldn’t give Comcast any stars. On phone Thursday for over an hour trying to straighten out her account. Her service was canceled for nonpayment. I can understand that. She was in hospital & rehab for over 3 months & we didn’t have any of her bills. She was being charged for a pay for view. No one had access to her apt. I said I would pay it & was given until 4/8 to pay. They tried to reset the TV but could not get a signal.

Finally they said they would send a technician out. It was scheduled for Friday between 3-5pm, which was confirmed several times. On Friday I called & got the delinquent amount due & paid it. I still had to pay for the pay-per-view even though Comcast was going to give me credit but wouldn’t be credited until the next day. I called to speak with a supervisor & they said maybe lines are crossed & that’s why my sister was being charged. The technician would be there on Saturday between 5-7 pm. I told them they were supposed to come that day.

They assured me it was scheduled for Saturday & told me I was incorrect because their records show Saturday. Whatever! I was already on the phone for 45 minutes. But I wasn’t really satisfied & called back to speak with the technical support. Technical support said my appt was now for April 5th. I had just spoken with customer service & they said it was scheduled for the 31st plus it was on automated voice confirming 3/31. I said that they must come out on the 31st & asked why no one even called to cancel the Friday appt. I never really got an answer so I asked for a supervisor.

Finally after over 10 minutes being left on hold they said the best they can do is Easter Sunday and they made it sound like they were doing me a favor. I once again confirmed Sunday 4/1 between 1-3pm. I couldn’t take it anymore. I was so frustrated I started to cry. I just had to get off the phone. I received a phone call a few minutes later from a Comcast supervisor. They once again confirmed Sunday 4/1 between 1-3pm. They also said they would not charge me for the $40 fee for a technician to come out to the home. This was the first time anyone at Comcast mentioned this fee.

Again I couldn’t take it anymore. For some reason, I guess because absolutely don’t trust Comcast I called tonight Saturday 3/31. The automated voice mail said I had a technician coming out on 4/1 between 8-10am!!! I just don’t get it. Once again I had to talk to someone to get the time changed to 1-3pm. I have to drive 45 minutes just to meet the technician. I’ve been with Comcast for over 15 years. They have lost my business. Oh I also cannot stand the automated system. Can’t you just ask for an agent without going through 5 minutes of questions that don’t apply to your situation. I can only guess for technical support I am calling outside of the US.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Comcast has placed a bank fee on my account and it’s invalid. I offered to email, fax, or print bank statement for proof. I also offered to call my bank on conference which was declined. If Comcast continues to charge 25 randomly to people’s account they not need to charge for services.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've been with them for over 17 yrs. I do like their products. Their service sucks, and every year I have to call them to renegotiate for a new package, as they keep raising and raising their pricing. I do not get any more for the constant increases. I already feel that I pay way too much for their "packages". Out of the 100+ or 200+ "channels" that they provide in their packages, I would make a bet that the major majority doesn't even care or want or watch these "fluff" channels, which is more than 1/2 of what most people even watch!

After reviewing my packages over the years, and what channels are included in those packages, I see that they change their packages so they can charge more for the channels that people would like to see. I wish there was cable competition in my area. I basically have 2 choices: Comcast Cable or AT&T... Comcast and AT&T are monopolies where I live. Does anybody know of any Petitions against Comcast to change their price practices?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I wouldn't give any stars, in fact, I'd give negative stars if possible. Comcast is the WORST company I've ever dealt with and they don't care. They shut off my internet 2 days early, then tried conning me into purchasing a new package in order to have service turned back on. They admitted that they screwed up, yet once again, they don't make it right. When I told the "supervisor" I planned to file complaints with the BBB, the FCC, and whomever else was appropriate, his response was to go ahead and do so because he wasn't going to turn my service back on without me purchasing another package. Keep in mind, service was to be stopped in 2 days. I needed to file on online job application and was unable to do so. Wherever I end up, even if Comcast is once again the only company available, I will go without cable/internet. They can go ** themselves. And remember Comcast execs, that karma is a **.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Have their service for decade and suddenly, they want to double the monthly charge. Besides, they want to charge equipment rental fees on my owned modem. In addition, they provide frequently interrupted low download service. Will go for Verizon Fios service shortly.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I am the owner of a small family company, Tecno-Glass Corp. I close the account with Comcast two months ago and they keep charging me for the last two months. Since I have the account in auto pay, they took the money out. I called them and the person from the customer service said that it takes two month for them to process and close an account. I see how they are growing the business by stealing two month per customer every time a customer close an account. They should be investigated and make them paid for all the money that they fraudulently are getting every month. They took $143.15 from my bank each month, equals to $286.30. Multiply an amount like that only with 1000 customers. It is not fair at all, to deal with big companies like this. It is one of the reason why they grow so fast!

Original review: March 14, 2018

Comcast seems to be always rated as the most hated company for service in the USA. I can join that club. All they do is reduce service, give you the runaround (if they even call back) and then raise the prices. If you want find any other cable service, it's likely better than Comcast. Avoid at all cost!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Comcast calls and provides written information saying that our regular monthly fees are going up (just went up by $25/month) because we do not agree to have auto draft for our monthly account payment. With the very public problem of internet hacking and identity theft, why in the world would Comcast push this mandate other than to increase its revenue. Since no company in the world can guaranty the safety of its customers most private personal and financial information, it is almost like Comcast is a participant in putting its customers at severe risk of identity and personal information loss that could very well result in severe damages to its customers who participate in this program. The only way for the general public to safeguard personal information is to limit the number of companies who have access to your personal information. Shame on Comcast for this activity.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My 95 year old father was talked into getting X-Finity/Comcast by a fast talking salesman. He had boxes on 3 televisions. I had 2 removed. Two televisions were put out by the side of the road, so he only has 1 box now. After 3 months, he is still be charged for the extra boxes (Those were sent back to Comcast) and there doesn't seem to be any regulation of this company in Florida! Our calls resulted in NOTHING! The bills still come. Of course, the state attorney general here in Florida proved herself to be corrupt (Trump University case), so I guess she is not going to do anything to protect the rights of senior citizens. When I set my father up for online payments, they took the money out of his bank account, but later sent it back, saying they couldn't take his online payment. They then hit him with a late payment fee even though the original payment was on time.

Original review: March 11, 2018

In November 2017, we moved from IN to MI. We never ended services, but they required our account to be ended, and a new one started. That's fine. The representative ASSURED me the termination fee would be immediately waived, as we weren't actually ending any services, just switching addresses. Our bill is usually around $62, give or take. November's bill had already been paid and we were promised our billing cycle would NOT be changed. Fast forward a couple weeks and we get a bill for $140. I spent HOURS on the phone, only to be dropped a million times, left on hold for HOURS, and NO one could answer why our bill over doubled in a couple weeks.

FINALLY, after 7 hours (YES, 7 hours) on the phone, someone figured out that each separate account was charged the monthly bill AND we were charged a $100 early termination fee. They promised it would be resolved. I paid my monthly bill for every month and in Jan AND Feb, spent more hours on the phone because they sent in multiple tickets for a resolve and none of them actually got sent in. Fast forward to yesterday, March 10, and our services get shut off. Why? Because the bill was NEVER resolved. 3 hours on the phone at 10:30 PM and the ONLY way they could restore services was for us to pay $130? None of the numbers EVER match. Different every time a new bill is printed.

I was SO over the whole situation, I decided to just pay the $130, even though I don't actually owe it. She assured me I would have immediate restoration of services. It's 10:03 AM on Sunday, and I still have nothing. 1 hour on the phone this morning, 2 dropped calls, 4 agents, and they end with "call back tomorrow at 8 am, the department that can turn your service back on doesn't open until Monday". My phone number is now not associated with ANY account as of this morning, and I have a new balance of $82!?! I have never been more angry in my life over the customer service, or lack thereof, provided by this horrible company. I'm reporting to BBB. Do NOT get Comcast. Ever.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs