3.8/5 (1881 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user ...

Verified

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a mont...

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: July 26, 2021

My only complaint is they don't have tech support that can access your computer and fix your issues. They have to tell you how to do it. A total waste of my time and the support tech resolving the issue..

Original review: July 24, 2021

Xfinity/Comcast provides a solid service. The internet service is one of the best around. We dropped cable TV as it just got too expensive for our needs. We use an antenna and stream other platforms. If there was another competitive internet service with the same speed, we would switch as it could bring prices down for everyone.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2021

A point that I find particularly annoying for me may not be pertinent for everybody. Every night, at 03:30, the system backs itself up and downloads any updates interrupting viewing for 5-10 minutes. I get it that most people are normally sleeping and do not even know about the interruption, but I do and it irritates me every night.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My relationship with this company started off rough initially, however their customer service and accessibility has improved. I do have to call every year or couple months to inquire about any new packages for current customers. However, my cable and internet is reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've now been a customer for 4 years, a bundle rate - due to condo association, and my landline is always perfect, TV is always doing normal updates, and my Internet runs like a dream, I've had no issues with billings or contacts as their connection with my equipment has the thorough technology for them to know in advance.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I am an existing Comcast customer, largely because they have the fastest internet speeds in my area, and there are few other viable options. I have their cable TV service only because it was cheaper with a bundle. Comcast informed me that I needed a new cable box to take advantage of all the services I am paying for. So I agreed and they sent me one. I installed it myself per the included step-by-step instructions, but it wouldn't work. So I spent about 25 minutes navigating their fury-inducing automated "customer service" phone system and another 60+ minutes speaking with (or sitting on hold with) three different departments of actual "live" customer service people; none of whom fixed or even diagnosed the problem.

They decided to send technicians to my house, who after a couple hours, also could not fix nor diagnose the problem. So they left, taking the new cable box and leaving my old one. And that's the last I heard of the issue...they just went dark. No further contact nor attempts to fix the issue. And today, I found a $100 "professional installation fee" charge on my bill for that home visit. So today I spent another 90-minutes of automated menus, hold time, verifying my account, and re-explaining my situation and got the fee waived. They attempted to schedule me once again for a new box, but instead hung up on me.

This review is not isolated to this one incident. Rather this is just one example of a decade of frustration trying to solve my own problems with their service that I pay for...in ever-increasing amounts. And during that time, the only thing I can say I've seen Comcast do to improve is change their name to Xfinity. If I had ANY other truly competitive solution, this would be the last company I ever deal with.

Original review: May 14, 2022

With all the new streaming services available you would think a company like this would try to improve their offerings. But not only are they not improving they are raising their fees. Their internet service is by far the fastest available compared to At&t Verizon or Tmobile. But like the cable it's not consistent. My cable keeps freezing and the internet drops out. For 5 years they have said we will fix it and after 37 service calls it's still having issues. I think 5 years have been long enough to wait. Please someone come out with a fast internet service so can get rid of this.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I added tv onto my bill last month and the rep told me it was going to be $60 more a month. It was double that. Called to cancel this morning and they raised my internet bill $50 a month!!! So, they lied about the tv charge and then when I called them on it, they increased my internet bill. Avoid these jerks at all costs!!!

Original review: April 11, 2022

Charlie & Rene ** came to install service at our home **. They gave exceptional service they were knowledgeable in what they were doing & quick… They both are definitely an asset to Xifinity for sure.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Very difficult to cancel. They harass you to stay with them. They ask invasive questions and pressure you. They also raise their prices frequently and know how difficult/time consuming it is to leave.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information