Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service
2.68/5
Based on 4,840 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service

5602 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and I am perplexed by the amount of negative reviews. I must be one of the lucky. Today, I called and it took about 10 minutes to get off of that stupid loop of computer generated prompts (my only problem with them). Once I got through, I spoke to a woman (Dorian???) and she was delightful to speak to and helped me cancel many things that I didn't need to help reduce my bill. By the way, yes, Comcast upped the bill $43.21 from January to February and no real explanation on the bill, which prompted me to call them.

We had the Double Play package and home security and my bill was $228.86 and went to $272.07. I can not justify spending $3264.84 on TV and Internet per year. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and between the two of those, it's only $267.52 per year. I digress. So the woman shut off my home security, which I don't need but got talked into when I first subscribed. She also took off the HD additional cost, and after everything was said and done, she reduced my bill by $1.2k per year and I'm getting a better internet speed package. I'm sure that this will be a temporary thing and it will creep up again by the end of the year, but I'll just have to call again and most importantly, be polite and nice to the person on the other end of the phone. I know that is easier said than done, but it really works. The 4 star review is for Dorian. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve always had a great experience! My service has always been great. I realize that 100% of customers will never be happy but that’s with any company. Most of the billing complaints are rarely valid. Reason being... As a consumer, it’s our responsibility to review our bills each month. Comcast always notifies customers of changes and any billing increases. Yes it’s usually in fine print, but it’s still available. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Sometimes customers need to take accountability and not always blame the company. Comcast isn’t perfect, but what company is.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with their prices or just can’t afford, look for other options. Cable is truly a luxury. Why get mad at Comcast because they can’t lower your bill. It’s just like a shopping experience. Some people can afford to shop at Nordstrom’s, others can’t. So maybe you choose more affordable options like Macy's, Kohl's or Target. In what Universe can you walk into any of these stores and demand a better price. That’s absurd. Same concept. Prices are what they are. Yeah the fees are a little annoying, but hey. I choose to stay with Comcast so that comes with the territory.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had called up Comcast Tech Support to explain I was having a problem with my cable modem. In the end it was decided I needed a new cable modem but we have a router that goes into the modem. The way the tech support guy explained it to me and my wife I thought I was slow or something. I could not understand what we needed to do. I then went to the Port Murray located to exchange up old modem for a new one. There was a sales consultant named Leonard ** who explained when I have a Comcast modem it is also a router and if I have my own router I need to put the modem in bridge mode or just have the router part of the modem disabled. That was an exceptional explanation. Just wanted to say how happy that Lenny explains this so well. But it also brings up why couldn't the tech support people explain this in a way my wife and I could understand.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They've TRULY stepped up their game, very accommodating, service AND equipment is top notch, they are very anxious to have everything flow smoothly for their customers. Representatives are extremely knowledgeable, from their phone center to their Service Reps. VERY HAPPY ON EVERY LEVEL. ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT THING - THEY HIRE AMERICANS. I HATE getting the Philippines where the call can drag on for hours and hours. India, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala - all have great service people. But the Philippines??? Yuck. SO THANKS FOR HIRING AMERICANS SO WE HAVE LESS HOMELESSNESS.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Prices in general are too high for all broadband (my opinion). It's now a 'need' not a 'want' and we are paying through the nose. Need some govt regulation. Of what is available in my area Xfinity delivers the fastest, most consistent bandwidth. Customer service is generally knowledgeable and wants to help. When one has an issue do a better job of giving the customer a specific person they can email, chat or call for follow-up if required. Very frustrating having to re-explain an issue several times to agents. One gets passed to in the queue.

Need to make pricing options simpler, more clear, programs and packages aimed to reward retention of long term customers. Sometimes it seems their focus is on attracting new customers with great deals while putting customers who have been loyal for years at the back of the queue for great deals. Need better balance between these goals (attract new, retain established) with increased emphasis and incentives for retention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This cable Company by far is the worst cable provider for the South Fl area. The routers they give you are not secure in any way. Over 3000 attempts to break in to the firewall security team did nothing about it. After numerous calls and complaints that their router was being hacked emailed them all firewall logs proving this to be the case nothing was ever done about it. Customer service is no better. All of customer service representatives are liars and treat there customers like they are worthless and do not matter.

They have people that show up to your home unannounced after giving you a specific date to do work ie burying the cable line. I was awoken by my dog going crazy because this gentlemen took it up himself to enter my property with no appointment scheduled for this day and without even confirming with me the homeowner to come on to the property. He took it upon himself to enter my property without my knowledge or consent what did I find him doing? Talking on his cell phone by the cable box outside. Took it upon himself to open the box where the cable line runs in to and was doing God knows what there while he was on the phone when allegedly he was there to bury a wire which has nothing to do with him opening up the box where the line runs in to when the wire was in plain view on the floor and had been for well over a month.

To top it all off the last representative that I spoke with had the nerve to lie and say they do not give a schedule date and time for this to be done when I was specifically told by a representative a date and time he would arrive on 2 occasions. They even have an automated service that calls with a specific message that states this. On top of that the representative tells me there will be an early termination fee for me canceling services due all the issues I am having with them and I was only a customer for 2 months. They refuse to let you speak to any kind of supervisor. Customer service even told me they have no retention team in place when a customer wants to cancel service due to unsatisfaction on their services.

Their so called secure wifi router is far from secure. I have had multiple attacks on the firewall through ipv6 wanna attack hacks ipv6 input drop hacks which I brought up to the so called security team. They give you a reference number just to get you off the phone and never did anything to resolve their router being hacked. The speeds you pay for which I got the best speed possible of 1 gig in the 2 months I was a customer. Their internet service was completely unreliable and inconsistent is an understatement.

I would suggest that nobody choose this as a internet or cable provider or even worst choose them to protect your home with there home security options This by far is the worst internet cable company around. Never choose nor should you trust this company to keep your private information secure or any kind of privacy in general. If you value security privacy and any kind of peace of mind that your information is safe this is not the company that will meet those standards. If you value honest and caring customer service representatives this is definitely not the company you should choose. All their so called bells and whistles are just that bells and whistles of worthless technology. Please learn from my nightmare with this company and Never trust or choose them to handle your internet/cable/security/privacy.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Comcast is a lousy service provider and, arguably, practices predatory business practices towards small businesses. The representative did not disclose a 60 day termination policy which is buried in boilerplate language. We continue to pay for a service that we do not use at an exceedingly high rate for slow and intermittent service. Do not use Comcast if another provider is available. I am extremely disappointed with their business practices and taking advantage of clients without their representatives explaining the terms. KMI LLC Bordentown, NJ

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

What a horrible experience! I have had Comcast my whole life and still in 3 different households that I have. So in this incident it started at the Comcast store in Elk Grove, Ca. I went into the store and decided with the Rep there to go ahead with their home alarm system to bundle with my cable/internet. So we made this whole bundle in an hour. I was really happy with the outcome (3 home camera's @ $120ea and $99 install fee, also 1gb internet speed and HBO & SHOWTIME included with removing my current STARS network & Home phone).

The bundle Came out to $210 after taxes and fees a month. I have 3 TVs which are HD. Tuesday these guys came to install the Alarm system which they called "the takeover". Guys at the store told me they will use my same ADT system and add sensors (which was weird to me because why would Comcast use ADT system?). They showed up and I opened my garage in which I store some personal things so I would like this to be secure (ADT has a motion detector and sensors on side door and door to inside my home).

First thing I happen to tell him was that I have a motion detector in my garage. He immediately told me Comcast can not arm the Garage with a motion or on the actual roll up door, which became a deal breaker for me, as this was part of the main deal. He calls his Comcast support to cancel the alarm system install. They were not able to come to a conclusion for a cost, so I went ahead and said I will call them so that the technician can go ahead and move on to his next install. I call Comcast about 30mins later to resolve this "re-bundle". With being on the phone for 1 hour and 9 mins they tell me my bill would be $200.57, in which I disagree due to the fact that I do not want to pay only $10 less for this system as I was getting the alarm included for $210.

This conversation went on with 4 people and them telling me they cannot do the deal. I asked for $180 and for them to include the 1gb internet and HBO at the least in which they offered for this deal, I also stated they can remove the Home phone service if needed. In my opinion after taking a day off and losing money for this and taking another day off for ADT to come and upgrade has become a huge hassle. I asked Comcast if they would even do anything for my inconvenience and they said "no we can not".

After this the Comcast "manager" on the phone offered me "coupons" in which I laughed and asked if they are serious? "Coupons" is what Comcast offered me in this whole disaster. After this I asked to speak to whoever is above this "manager" in which he tells me after putting me on hold again that his "Superior" will call me back with in the next "hour or 2". This is by far the worst I have ever dealt with and do not ever recommend anybody to ever go thru with Comcast and their "Home takeover Alarm". This is such an inconvenience and loss of money that I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Comcast has become such a rip off and it’s easy to see why more and more people are opting for streaming services over cable. Comcast along with most cable companies are continuously raising prices but not improving the services they provide. Comcast recently stopped supporting TiVo’s Comcast app, premium channel apps are not supported, bundle packages include networks and shows that are predetermined subpar networks rather than packages tailored to customer interests. The final straw for me was the TiVo boxes no longer being permitted to stream Comcast and premium channels such as HBO & Showtime Apps are almost all incompatible, “Sorry your tv provider doesn’t support HBOGo”.

Honestly when you're paying $220 a month for a service as bad as Comcast you start questioning your own decision making abilities. For $50 a month you can buy internet, then purchase 2-6 streaming services at $10 a piece which is around $70-$110/mo. It’s simple math! Cable companies such as Comcast have been in a steep decline for quite some time, not to mention 90% of their customer service is outsourced to countries outside of the US so trying to convey your frustrations or resolve a problem is less than likely. I have resorted to leaving reviews and letting anyone know that was considering Comcast, well don’t!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Horrible. I was moving. Called to have my service transferred. Instead they turned my service off. Lost 37 movies totaling $720.00. I’ve been fighting with them for 3 months to get my money back. They have my movies on my old account but they can’t figure out how to move them over. When they try I get the same response, “we don’t understand why your movies won’t move over to your new account. It works for everyone else”. Everyone has a different story. Half of them don’t know what they're doing. I wouldn’t recommend Comcast. I’ve been with them for 7 years and now I’m canceling my service after I get my $720.00.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs