Comcast Cable Service
Based on 593 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Comcast Cable Service

5178 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

In April I wanted to lower my bill so customer service set me up with a cable package one time deal and I was not to get charged for installation. First guy came said he couldn't do it, in the meantime I am on chat, phone with multiple people as I saw extended charges on the bill. Second guy comes, hooks up cable. Then I see extra charges of $154.99 on the bill. Several chat and phone talks with promise after promise it would be taken care of. It is June 21 and I am still getting ripped off. I still see the two installation charges on there, too. Will be finding another company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

In December 03, 2014 I walked into a Comcast office to return my cable box and cancel my service because I was moving out of state (from UT to CA). I paid $354.34 (the early termination fee and the last month’s bill) to Comcast and was told that would bring me up to date and would have no other charges on my account. I recently checked my Credit Report and saw a delinquent payment, so I called the creditor associated with this report and was told that it was from Comcast and that I owed $480.28. I disputed this and was told by the operator that a settlement could be reached for over $300 (I can’t remember the exact amount). I believe to be a victim of fraudulent charges and have just filed a complaint with the FCC. This has been negatively impacting my credit score since and I had no idea about this until I checked my credit report. I received no notice or bills from them.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was checking my bill and I see a $70 charge for an in-home service visit fee. I have to echo my frustration when I see similar postings from so many other Comcast customers. The issue seemed to be resolved the night before the visit but there was no change to anything of mine. I have my own modem and my own router, and my internet access via Xfinity was running fine for two months prior to an unstable line issue.

I'm not sure why I'd get charged $70 when the issue was on Comcast's end. None of the equipment of mine got touched or changed and the issue seemed to go away the night before the technician visited. I have no way of checking what he did other than that nothing was changed on my end and the issue seems to have gone away. When the technician came to my house, he couldn't find anything wrong with my equipment and confirmed that the coax cable into my house/property was a new dedicated one without splitter. He indicated perhaps another technician "tightened some cap on the street level equipments" and that everything is working fine now.

When I contacted Comcast service rep via chat, he reported that the technician put down a code of "customer equipment problem" but when asked on what the technician said he fixed, they couldn't provide any details. He then offered a $35.00 credit. I am puzzled, if nothing was changed on my end, why am I being charged for Comcast's network maintenance? Isn't maintaining the network the job of Comcast, as they are the ISP, and I am just paying for internet access? Am I being penalized for using my own equipment? I am absolutely certain the technician didn't change any line/equipment settings on my property. While it is possible that he put down the wrong code, there is no way for me to verify that with the technician.

Filed complaints against BBB and FTC and received a call from Comcast with the same claim of their technician "fixed" an issue with customer owned equipment when in reality the technician did nothing at all. Looks like a customer has no recourse when the technician is either lying or put down the wrong code and decided to stick to his version of the story. Very disappointed, but then again, had I known this is how Comcast operates, I would have video recorded/phone recorded the technician's entire visit. To anyone who might be using your own equipment, do yourself a favor and record the entire visit to save yourself trouble of fighting spurious Comcast charges.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Our primary TV has not worked since last Saturday. All other TVs in house work. We can’t watch World Cup Soccer or College World Series. Have gone through all the Comcast self checks. Spent two hours on chat line with Comcast yesterday. They refuse to send out a technician. They promised they could fix by “elevating” to next service level at Comcast. They promised we would hear back within 24 hours. They gave me a trouble Ticket # **. I told the chat line person that in the past it took days and repeated calls to get service restored (they have to replace DVR box). He assured me I would hear back within 24 hours. That has passed and still no TV or a phone call. How can this company survive with such poor service. Everyone should switch to DISH.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Avoid this company at all costs! You may think it’s great, until you have to relocate or speak to customer service. Long story short...Salesperson/tech lied. It is impossible to reach anyone of semi importance if you are even lucky enough to speak to a human. I had to discuss my situation via Facebook Messenger! Really?! They knowingly admit to being unable to provide me with their service at new residence. They apologized for my frustration and misinformation received from their employee. They insist I have to pay a $60 early termination fee. No exceptions, no opportunity to speak to a manager, supervisor, or human for that matter. They simply do not care about their customers' concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: June 11, 2018

I call today to downgrade my services. They make me wait 30 min thinking that I will give up. Then the woman that answer my call had a nasty attitude and didn’t tell me what was the packages price. What she did is compare. She made the others packages expensive than the one I have. I hang up on her cause I was disgusted of this customer service representatives not telling the true just to get you in the same plan paying the same amount of money for channels that I don’t even watch. Sports fee, voice call fee, 911 fee and all the fees they can create to steal my money! I’m getting out of Xfinity as soon I finish my contract. Nothing for existing customers. And as soon you call the promotion is over. I don’t believe in their representatives.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been with Comcast for almost 4 years... Over the years I can't count how many times I have had to call because something isn't working. They are way overly priced with a bunch of hidden fees. They set you up for stuff that you didn't even ask for or discuss. Prime example, my bill is due on the 13th. I called to get an extension and they said I had already made one for the 11th which makes no sense at all. So now I have to go to the local office and get it straightened out. Smh... Words of advice. DON'T GET COMCAST SERVICES!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I had to cancel my cable several years ago when I had to move out of my apartment. I decided not to renew when I moved. Last summer I needed to get internet for my job, and they are basically our only choice, so I signed up online and received the package in the mail. When I went to connect it wouldn't let me and when I called to ask why, they stated I had never brought them the cable box from my previous address, so I was required to pay for that before I could get service. Needing my job, I paid. I put in a ticket stating that I had paid and I have gone to the store multiple times and basically they had said that that was the case that they owed me the money back but I've never received it.

Jump forward several months, and the cable and Internet isn't working. I work the night shift 7 days in a row and have to sleep during the day. I spoke to a person on Saturday, who told me they would call back after investigating what might be able to be done as I'm not able to let someone into my apartment during the day. He apparently set up an appointment without telling me and never calling back.

Today I spoke with a woman who told me that in no uncertain terms they absolutely have to come into my apartment that if no one is here they won't even bother checking any of the outside connections and there's no way to even explain that to them or ask them to do it. Neither person was able to comprehend that I work the night shift and I actually sleep during the day - they continuously ask, "Will you know why can't you be there like we can make it early in the morning or later on in the afternoon." I also explain it for the next several weeks I would be traveling on my days off. I asked about canceling the service since they wouldn't be able to fix the issue or even try to, they noted that I would have to pay the early cancellation fee. I basically said, "You're going to charge me because you can't provide service to me" and the response was, "Yes sorry."

Original review: June 7, 2018

Day 1: Ordered phone through Xfinity mobile website, said shipping would take 2 days. Day 2: MY bank has flagged the payment as fraudulent activity (this should have been my first sign) so I approved the payment and called Xfinity for verification application (full SSN and credit questions) has now been accepted and have been told everything has been processed and is out for shipment - delivery in 2 days (on day 4).

Day 3: The last email I received was on day 3 stating "We are unable to ship your order." I call to ask for verification (cancelation if not shipped), considering I was told the order has already shipped and they state the order is no longer being processed, and it has not been shipped. If I would like to create another order to replace this order now is the time to do so. I denied reordering.

Day 4: Payment has been processed (even though I was told the order was no longer going to be processed) - have still not received any other Email, no "your order has been shipped/processed." "Your tracking number is..." No email but the "unable to ship your order" email. (At the least, they could have emailed my Xfinity account) All while the Xfinity mobile account shows no order history. So I call asking for an update and now refund... They state "Your order was shipped and should arrive today, but our systems have not updated us the information so we do not have a tracking number for you at this time." So now, I must refuse the package, wait while it is shipped back to them (3-5 days) and then another 3-5 days for a refund process...

They do not have their components together - Their service area looks great but their customer service and team seems like they are newborns who need their mommy to function in a team cooperative business. I highly recommend not wasting your time with this mobile side of Xfinity. Not to mention this business is not BBB accredited.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Comcast billed me $37.34 for services I never had. I set up service and canceled on the second day because it couldn't be installed and they said it would take 2 weeks before a tech could come out to service the address on a weekend. All the while, they wanted me to pay for the service. I canceled it right then and there. 2 months later I get a bill. So I give them a call, and was told by the first rep, whom I did not catch the name and he told me, that I still have to pay and I do not qualify under the 30 day guarantee. I then waited for the supervisor Joya (may not be the correct spelling, pronounced joy-uh). She was very arrogant and rude. Kept interrupting me while I was explaining the issue.

I then requested her manager. She began to tell me that he was not available. My reply "Not a problem, what is his name, I can wait, or better yet, send me to his voicemail, I'm happy to leave a message." At that point, she got a Lawrence to come to the floor who was the lead. Thankfully he went ahead and took care of that small balance that I should not have paid. Should not have taken so long. This is why I left and would never do business with Comcast ever. When I move, I always check to make sure there is someone other than Comcast now. Never again.

Original review: June 5, 2018

If I could give them half a star I would for their customer service. Do yourself a favor and don't get their service. Nowadays there are so many other service providers which don't require you to sign a contract and it's so much cheaper. The service is decent. I would give them a C. Internet speeds are great but everything else is terrible. I have been a customer since 2008 and I must have called them a dozen times for service issues. Honestly I didn't have a problem with calling for service. The problem is anytime there is an issue with a bill or if you try to change anything. They will keep passing you around to different departments and keep giving you the same answers. They don't care about you or your personal problems. They are reading from the same script. I am so done with them.

I am moving out of state for work and they don't offer service at my new address and they want to charge me over $200 termination fee. I only have 5 months left in my contract. They don't care that I have been a customer for over 10 years and I have never been late paying the bill. My monthly bill is $269. No loyalty. I called Comcast and told them my situation and I was very polite on the phone and I asked if there is anything they can do to waive the early termination fee and the lady on the phone kept saying there is nothing she can do and that I signed a contract and I will need to honor it. It's not my fault that they don't offer service where I am moving to. I begged and pleaded but the lady on the phone just didn't care.

I asked the lady if she can cancel my phone, home security or cable and she said if she did that I would have to sign a new contract with them which makes zero sense to me. Basically, I am screwed and I have no course of action. Makes me sad that this is what it has to come to. Don't expect any favors or loyalty from them. I swear to God they are one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with. I wish I would have left them once my contract was over.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I just purchased a home and tried to move my services. I was informed at the beginning of May 2018 that Xfinity/Comcast was NOT offered in my new area. After being transferred 3 times I spoke with a representative that advised me to place my account in a vacation status until I completed my move and to call back the 25th of May to avoid the early termination fee. He assured me that I WOULD NOT be charged. That this is the best way to avoid early termination fees. I called on the 25th to do as I was instructed and was told at that time again (after being transferred another 3 times) that I would have to reinstate the service to cancel the service. The representative reassured me that she would annotate a credit of 150.00 on my account (the early termination fee charge) so that I would avoid paying the charge. I turned in my equipment to the nearest store the following day.

A week later I received my final bill and to my surprise I see an early termination fee of 130.00! When I called to get answers and for this situation to be rectified (transferred another 3 times) I am informed that THOSE notes did NOT exist! I then asked for the TAPED conversations to be reviewed and I was told that those were inaccessible! I was LIED to twice by your representatives! If I was told the TRUTH from the start that those charges would stand regardless then it wouldn't be a problem! I really wish that it was pointed out before I received the services that if I were to move to an area Xfinity/Comcast wasn't offered then I still would be held accountable for early termination fees; I DEFINITELY would have went with another COMPANY!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I tried to just swap a premium channel in my package, as usual they refuse to make a situation better by doing something so simple. I mention disconnecting and am informed that will cost me 250.00 because I am in a contract... Surprise! I am now locked into a contract I had no knowledge of. I never do contracts with any service. Been burned in the past. They tell me that when I hit the text to confirm the package and price that I was confirming that I was ok with being in a contract with them. What kind of deception is this, what company can just slide you into a contract with no contract being signed or the terms of said contract. This company has had so many complaints against it and continues to do as they please.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Called Comcast on May 30, 2018, 3 times and each time was told different prices. We were paying $230 per month for triple play and needed to save money. Christine priced us one quote we needed to talk or over. Then, I called back and another lady (didn’t get her name) answered but she couldn’t help us so she transferred us to Dana and she was not helpful at all. First she said she could get us to $194.75, I said I needed something better. She quoted us 20 basic channels and internet for $175.77. I was not happy 'cause saving us $40-$50 was not enough. I was done at this point!

I told her just to give us internet package and we’d get an antenna. She first said the medium package for more than $89. Then I said Christine said we could get the best internet at $89 + $11. She complied. So, now we are to pay $102 (we shall see) a month for internet. We hooked up the antenna and have over 20 channels. I’ll take saving $125 per month.

My friend who lives not more than 5 miles from me says she pays $140 with tax for triple play and gets the best internet and all the channels they offer. We were quoted $195 after already paying $230.. :’-( My uncle pays $89 plus tax for internet and basic TV (not HD) and they also get free HBO and On-demand. We were quoted $175 and wasn’t offered HBO or On-demand. :-/ How can Comcast get away with offering people different prices at whatever is what they want at the time? We’ve been as they said a “loyal customer” since 2009. Loyal customer? If we were then why? Why not treat us with respect and actually trying to assist us when we call? In my opinion it means they want to keep us as customers and try quoting prices that make sense. Pictures are where we talked to them and the stuff I was writing down.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I am frustrated with Comcast. Comcast was out in my entire community, after many calls they sent me a technician to fix the problem, (it wasn't a technical problem in my house only). Now they are charging me 70 dollars for giving me the service, something that Comcast has to do it. It's disgusting. I am a customer for many years and I don't deserve to be treated as a piece of garbage. I am changing my service to a better cable company.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have been a customer of Comcast for many years but since September I have been having issues and this is a constant issue and have not got this issue resolved and we are now going to June and still nothing has been fixed. This issue is actually getting worse to the point of no service for hours. I am constantly switched to another rep. Who apologize and says sorry and they can’t assist. I am so tired of this issue not being resolved or proper credits applied.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Currently I'm paying $239 for cable & internet which is too high but we manage anyway. Recent we were encouraged to switch to Comcast new X1 product and with regret this system is the worst. The system freezes every minute on the minute and to top this off Comcast is doing me a favor and wanted to charge for a technician to come out since rebooting the system does nothing to help. Comcast is ripping people off and something needs to be done here. Even if they have a outage for days they are reluctant to give you a credit. Please do something about this monopoly.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have received emails and popups telling me that I need to replace my modem by today or my service will be changed or stopped. They also have sent me things telling me that the new modem arrived three days ago. Huh? I contacted Xfinity this morning and a nice worker named Heidi tried to help. She told me that the modem will not arrive until tomorrow. When I asked why I am receiving emails and popups about this, she said she was not sure.

I appreciated her honesty, but I still need an answer, so she sent me to a supervisor named Brittany who is also a nice woman. However, I am not in a good mood, so these two women caught my wrath. I cannot see well, so putting in a modem is out of the question. My service is terrible anyway, so why put it in? My neighbors have gone to cheaper companies with slower service FOR THE SERVICE! I am a teacher and I need better work. I have been told my modem does not work because it is too close to my sliding glass door. It is too close to the heater. My grandsons' video games interfere with the modem. My jack-o-lantern is too close to the modem. I am too close to a ravine. It is too close to my cat!

There are too many ridiculous ones to write about. I had been given free HBO for awhile, which was very kind. I am going through cancer treatment, so it has been lovely being able to rest and watch a movie. HBO is gone now, but the problems remain. When I call into your company, I have to go through an automated service. Once an employee answers the call, I am expected to give the same information again. Why? This is your company, so I should not have to verify my private information again.

When I get transferred, I have to REPEAT THE INFORMATION AGAIN! My grandson is a computer programmer who says it would take very little for you guys to use the same system. He actually wonders why you are not doing so! He feels you are losing customers because of this and many other IT problems. I expect better for the amount of money I pay you each month. Over $156 is much more than a senior citizen should ever have to pay for your service.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Started having problems with my cable reception. Comcast came out and ran a temporary line. Utilities were never marked so when subcontractor came out to run line on Friday, May 18th he was laying line blindly across utility lines. Needless to say I was lucky to come home and find that subcontractor was going to lay line across my neighbor. **! Got him to run line on our property but had to go across the corner of neighbors because utilities had not been marked. Subcontractor left cable line on top of ground where I could have easily run over with lawnmower. Neighbor almost cut it with his weedeater. **!

Also, I watched subcontractor splice cable line twice in my own backyard so now less than two weeks later I have no cable reception again probably due to rainy weather. **! Now I have called Comcast. Lady I talked to was very nice but hands tied. She can only do so much. Cable guy to come out tomorrow May 30th to probably run another temporary line across yard. The subcontractor is not scheduled to bury the line until August 14th. ** that I have to mow around a temporary line for what, almost 3 months and I pay over $200 a month for service from COMCAST. **. Everyone get a ROKU t.v. and forget Comcast!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Comcast is a monopoly, yes there are other providers in FL. but the issue is housing construction and speed of the internet. Since most houses are cement blocks due to hurricanes, your loss of signal from the modem/wifi thru one wall is around 80%. I have had the top of the line modem and wifi + adapters and repeater to actually get 40% less signal or 95Megs at the source and 50-60Megabits to my computer.

For that supposedly 100Megs I pay $50 a month. But every May with June as the anniversary date, a new promotion, new garbage offered and a higher price. I have again acquiesced to this monopoly, to get basic cable streaming and Starz for only 30% more per month. I have an antenna that gives me better reception than streaming at 0 dollars, plus why does my streaming look great on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix (via Roku) and Comcast technology is the worst. Today, I received a call about my feedback a few days ago in reference to Comcast. It's a shame that they actually have someone calling me about my review after we concluded our business. What am I supposed to say, yes I am happy to get more garbage and pay 30% for lack of quality.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I live in NJ and my only option is Comcast. I originally signed up to a double play package TV/Internet but found myself not using the TV at all so wanted to find my options. All other cable companies I've been with would allow me to view/change services online. Comcast will not. When I attempt to do that I'm told I need to call. When I asked why that is, they said that this is what happens with anyone on the "new billing system" and that they will no longer support the ability to manage accounts online.

When I called to discuss my options, I'm greeted with sales pitch after sales pitch. I explained that I was looking to lower my bill by removing cable and the rep spent a majority of the call trying to convince me to add phone service. The rep refused to give me prices for internet alone and continue to try to upsell. I still have no idea how much it will cost to move to internet only, but I feel I have no option but to stay with the plan I have. It seems like the cable companies keep their rates as a guarded secret. Even the ones you can find online are generally only for New Customer, not existing customers. It's frustrating since I don't have any way of knowing what my options are and it becomes clear that Comcast isn't willing to tell me.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am considering starting a class action lawsuit against Comcast/Xfinity in the state of Florida. I originally signed up with this company for basic Internet that they told me would cost 29.99 per month plus tax and modem rental. Since then the plan I signed up for, is not the plan I’ve been being billed for. My cheapest Bill has been $80, and that was with a $33 credit added to my bill. I am also being billed for channels I never requested, or received. As I said, I signed up for a basic Internet package for 29.99, and I was told there was an $11 modem rental fee plus tax. This should have worked out to $41 plus tax, but I have never received a bill that was less than $80. After spending over 4 hours on the phone with this company today, I realized the only option is to take them to court in this state.

I do believe that a lot of other people in Florida have had a similar experience with this company. There is currently a class-action lawsuit against Comcast/Xfinity in California accusing them of the exact same behavior, but plaintiffs in the California case have been rejected from that case, because of the fact that they are out of the state of California. This is why we must start our own lawsuit in the state of Florida.

If you are experiencing the same problems I am, then we can see resolution through this lawsuit, if you contact me. Please message me at **, or contact me via Facebook. I’ve already been in touch with attorneys, and we just need to register a few more people for the class action lawsuit. Please don’t let this company continue to steal our hard-earned money. I look forward to your emails and Facebook messages, we just need to register a few more people for the class action lawsuit to proceed. Once again, I beg you to stop this company from continuing to steal our hard earned money. My last bill was for over $150. I look forward to your emails and Facebook responses.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The biggest problem I have with Comcast is the outsourcing of customer service to the Philippines. The reps are polite and well-intentioned but I have only very rarely had an issue resolved no matter how miniscule the problem, usually because of the language barrier. I do get compliments from reps, even advice, however. Case in point: Recently a rep I spoke with told me that "my husband and I make a lovely couple(?!)." Another told me that "if I keep my husband smiling I will look younger and younger every day." On another occasion I told a customer service rep I was having a problem rebooting my TV. She paraphrased in saying she understood I was "experiencing a power outage." How can you communicate the nature of a technical issue to those who fail to understand the English language? As for billing? That's another issue to be addressed at another time--perhaps, when I have the stamina to do so.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I paid for a relative's account for many years. That relative is now able to pay for their own account, so I canceled my account with Comcast in January and the relative opened a new account in their own name. It appears that Comcast is still charging my account on autopay on my American Express card and is also charging my relative. I spoke to several Comcast representatives on the phone during the last few weeks in an attempt to get this taken care of. Comcast representatives said they couldn't give me any information because it was no longer my account (how come I'm paying for it then?) My relative has spoken with them as well. I got a new statement from my credit card company yesterday and it's still on auto pay.

I went into the local Comcast office in Monterey today and spoke with supervisor DEVIN **. He verified it had been canceled in January but refused to give me any further information, nor would he provide me with a copy of my cancelation or explain to me why my credit card is still being charged. How can they continue to put charges on my card for someone else's account, without authorization? Seems like a pretty good deal, so I asked him for his credit card number so I could charge MY Comcast bill on HIS credit card -- he refused. Despite several unsuccessful attempts to get Comcast to resolve this situation, I have given up and have disputed the last few months' bills with my credit card company (who will handle it with Comcast) and closed my credit card account.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I don't have to even write a review. All I have to do is regurgitate that which has come before me that reflects my exact sentiments: Xfinity is an AWFUL company. With a market monopoly, they fully take advantage of their customers. I hate Comcast, they have the WORST customer service, they will actually lie to you, and mess up your service. They need to go away!!!

Consistent technical issues with the connection. Got sent eventually to "tier 3 support" who just passed me off again. Biggest ** service there can be. Constantly in your pocket with fees. Horrible service, awful tech support and the WORST customer service. Don't waste your time or money with this company. They overcharge, change your rate without consulting or reaching out first and God forbid you have to move to a new place. Need I say more...

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have a business and I start services with them last year paying for bundle $120 plus tax. NOW my bill is $150.00 plus tax with all kind of nonsense fees and this is my story: I am trying to cut down some off the services I had. I call them THREE time asking if I buy my equipment that $14.95 fees will be deleted, THREE time they said yes and then I ask them THREE different time, "If I cancel the TV services, is the others fees related to the TV services will be deleted." They said, "YES it will." I went spend $350 to pay my own equipment and new antenna for tv.

I called to speak to technical support to help me to install it and they DID, I asked them again when the fees will be deleted, they said when I return the equipment to one of our store. I said okay, I ask if they can cancel the TV services. They transfer me to a department and this is what they said. THE FEES FOR EQUIPMENT WILL NOT DELETED BECAUSE I HAVE A PHONE LINE/ALL KIND OF ** AND FOR TV THEY CHARGE ME MORE IF I CANCEL. This is a ripoff company. I will never ever do business with them again and I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO DO SO. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Review the cable box via UPS. Installed the box and the power button would not stay on. Called the number for support on the easy install card. I was transferred to 3 different people. The last person advised me I may have to go and switch out the box but would and someone from the next level of support call me back today. After 3 hours I called box. The rep had no idea what I was talking about. Advised me she can see my cable box. I was amazed and replied, "Really? The box is in my car!!??" I asked for a supervisor and she reply she needed to know what my issue was. I explained again. She did not understand why I was calling. This went on for a few times and asked for a supervisor again. Then asked for her name and she was gone!!! So I call in again and spoke to an educated person that was extremely helpful and apologetic. Comcast is the only service available at the location or I would never of signed with them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Comcast Cable/Xfinity Service needs to be investigated because they are using 3rd party payment transaction to steal your money. From 2015-2016 Comcast I mistakenly paid my bill twice with them of roughly $160. From that time they never return that money to me. At that time they used a third party and I kept all the papers and whom I spoke to trying to get my money and they have not yet return my money to me. Comcast/Xfinity needs to be out of business. This is very unfair to the community. I feel very vulnerable!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I was with Xfinity/Comcast for over 2 years and everything was going well. I bought a new home and called to have my service transferred and found out they did not service that area. The agent said “no big deal. We will cancel your service for you.” A month later I got billed an ETF (Early Termination Fee) for cancelling early. I was 3 months away from the end of my contract and they are going to charge me over $150 dollars for cancelling 3 months early on a 3-year contract. They said there is nothing they could do because a contract is a contract. I was SHOCKED! I was a loyal customer that whole time and was even wanting to use them at my new address, BUT because they are so small and service very small territories they are limited to where they can service you and then punish the customer! This is why I would never recommend their service unless you never plan to move… ever!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I never signed contract. But when I ended service with them, they charged me early termination fee. I asked them to show the contract. They said it is only verbal. I requested to listen to the verbal recording, they couldn't. So they said they would not charge me. But when I received the bill, they charged me $110. DON'T TRUST COMCAST!!!

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs