Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5
Based on 1,850 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

PROS
  • Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs
CONS
  • Service can be pricey

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user friendly. To top it off the price is right!

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a month (or longer) then cancel without penalty.

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
    The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
    Limited Basic
    The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
    Digital Starter
    The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
    Digital Preferred
    The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
    Digital Premier
    Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
    Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
    Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
    Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
    Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
    Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
    While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
    How long does it take to install Xfinity?
    Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
    Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
    Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
    Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
    Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Xfinity has all major channels and apps for streaming available which makes for a good variety of different tv shows, movies, documentaries, series, fitness, and sports to watch and music channels to listen to. The remote provided has the ability to select different channels by voice. I like the ability to restart a program that is in progress and watch it from the beginning. Xfinity has different ways to search for a program and you are able to tape a show to watch later. You can find different times for your favorite programs and tape them for future viewing as well as keep them in your recorded history.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I like Xfinity. I even had my mom change her service from Dish to Xfinity as the cost of her cable and internet from CenturyLink was almost double for what I paid for Xfinity. The nice pro is that there is no satellite to go out due to weather. However, you may need to reboot your main box once in a while. Otherwise depending on your package you get great channels, movie channels, kids channels and sport channels. The only time I was upset was when they took TMC away, because I like old movies and asked for $10 more dollars as it was added to some other package. The HD channels are very clear and have nice quality pictures. Note if you are unhappy with the price of your cable or satellite complain. Xfinity provides a good service and customer service is very helpful.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My overall satisfaction with customer service, etc. is very good. However, as far as pricing is concerned, I am very dissatisfied. I only want wifi with no cable. The price for wifi alone is just as expensive, if not more. I truly want to disconnect cable, but am stuck. Vios is not available in my area and am stuck with Xfinity. I am not paying for both Verizon for telephones (their wifi is too slow) and Xfinity for wifi. There are no options for those of us who are unemployed and those of us who are seniors. My only complaint to being forced to have more services than needed in order not to pay a higher price, which is already too high.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The technical and hardware details are good. However the price keeps going up. Recently I called to see if there was a reasonable promo being offered, long story made short, the very nice rep recommended the latest X1 system but at the same price I was then paying. After getting shipped the hardware we found that I already had the X1 system and the rep dropped me and stopped responding to emails (he had given me his email). I cannot tell you how long it took to get this backed out of their billing and having a tech visit my home to tell me I already had the X1 system.

Then the next months billing was wrong, went on their chat line twice, finally got it worked out. They were very nice and tried to help but the first rep really messed things up. I started the service years ago with a $99 "triple play", I am now paying $219 a month for a much better system but their pricing and bundles are such that you have to take much more than you really want to get the same triple play. The internet speed and DVR capability are very good, I finally gave up and pay the $219 each month.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

In Feb 2019 I signed up for internet service only. I was informed my bill would be $79 per month. I don’t have cable or phone services with Xfinity. A few months later as I watched the bill steadily increase, I received a huge bill for $500+ for internet services. I was then informed since I’m streaming four TVs (never used the streaming app) I exceeded my data plan. I was informed to upgrade to an unlimited package to avoid additional charges. The rep informed me she would signed me up for internet service unlimited data only. I call back only to find I’m now being charged for phone service and basic channels. The same channels I can switch to antenna on my TV and watch for free?? My bill is now $152/$170 per month?? I’ve tried speaking with their customer service reps on numerous occasions and I get so frustrated I just pay it because I did not want an interruption in services and the customer service reps talk in circles with little or help.

So yesterday I’d finally had it. I called in and demanded to speak to someone who could makes changes. I was informed I would need to pay my bill before anyone could talk to me??!! So I ask the rep to extend my services until someone can explain to me why I’m being charged for services I don’t have. By now the call was escalated to a “supervisor” who says he could not help. I’m charged late fees for phone service, tv channels and internet separately. I understand the rental fees for the modem, which is a rip off. I’ve paid rental fees for a year and a half, so I should own it right. Now my service is disconnected and the kids will not have internet for school. I’ve asked over and over to speak with someone who could make changes, only to have and deal with Stepford wives customer service reps.

The local stores have closed since Covid. I’m appalled at the charges for services and the fact Xfinity would interrupt my services because I refuse to keep paying for services I don’t have. If there is any confusion on my part, wouldn’t it be fair to have a sales rep or someone who could effect change contact me to discuss? No, just shut up and pay. Contract or no contract I’m gone and I will be fighting this in small claims court. I will also fight to make others aware not to sign up for bait and switch deals they have.

The only good thing I can say is the free WiFi service made available for a couple of months during the ongoing pandemic and they should have after leeching from the community for so long. I would have never signed up for services from a company who treats their customers in this manner. We’re in the middle of a pandemic and internet is now considered to be a necessity. I work from home as well and will not be able to log on and go to work. It’s nauseating. I’ve called my job and I will be able to work. Thank God for that, but the children will suffer missed days at school. It just makes me sick and angry!!!

Original review: April 10, 2021

In been living in my home since 2001. Over the years I had COMCAST, At&T UVerse and DirecTV. I must say that COMCAST bar none was the very worst. In 2020 due to the pandemic my wife and I both lost our jobs.. Comcast did nothing to assist us in lowering the price or offer any assistance. Due to COVID and the loss of income we decided to sell our home and we are moving out of South Florida. I called to relocate the service to our new address and Comcast to find out the Comcast does not offer service in the New Smyrna Beach. They informed me that since they don't offer service then I will have to pay a $160. cancellation fee. Under they circumstances you would think they would be human and understanding however was told the READ THE CONTRACT. Good luck with finding a phone number for support. Save yourself the headaches and AVOID COMCAST like the plague

Original review: April 6, 2021

Within a 24 hour period Xfinity has had outages. Prior to today (4/7/21) outages have become a regular event every Sunday evening. This is very frustrating. Xfinity doesn't seem to know how to fix so there aren't regular outages. Not sure if I should plan on this. Xfinity is not a technical company. They rent from Verizon. That's probably why they can't fix their service.

Customer service is absolutely horrible. Nothing new, most customers know how bad their customer service. Unless you enjoy communicating with a BOT who can't answer a question that's not in the FAQ, look for another service provider. The auto phone attendant will fight you if you want to speak to an agent. The auto attendant hung up on me 4 times. It's next to impossible to speak to an agent. When finally connected the agent can't or won't answer questions. Sometimes their solution is to disconnect the call. If you request a call back for customer service, don't wait days. Call backs arent necessarily done. This means another call to Xfinity for privilege of long waits (up to 1 hour) and a fight with the phone's auto attendant. I hate to contact Xfinity because of the horrible customer service. Seems like BOTs are all they want to use.

Prices are outrageous. New customers can pay $19.99 to $44 per mo for 1 year. Second year price jumps to almost $200! (Cheaper if you don't get a cable box (the box that connects tv for service) or don't get a modem to provide Internet connection. So it's cheaper to pay hundreds per month for poor service and frequent outages. A long held belief backed by facts, Xfinity isn't customer oriented. For them it's only about money! If you want reliable cable service Xfinity is not for you. If you want a company that values customers, Xfinity/Comcast is not for you. There are more providers to choose that value customers. Apparently they rely on new customers and can afford the churn (subscriber turn over).

Original review: March 16, 2021

I talked to Nausea at 800 very rude talk over you. So I talked to Dillon. No satisfaction so he puts in for Urich to take care of me. OMG. He was terrible. He's a glorified call center piece of work. Couldn't answer why 700.00 they requested in 2 months now a bill for 400.00. Straight robbery and at the time of covid I need help. He was rude and he can't find the money taken out of the bank.. Very mad customer. Only because there no one else but Comcast... Monopoly

Original review: March 5, 2021

First off, the products I received from Xfinity have been good overall. But I'm here to discuss their ridiculous customer service. I recently tried to move my service due to a military related transfer, but their service was unavailable in the area I was moving to. I tried to do this online because I have had previous bad experiences trying to call customer service. Having completed the information online, I was notified that I could be subject to early termination fees, so I wanted to speak to a live agent to verify. Here's where the real fun began. The automated system sent me into a loop that went from one automated system to another and back again, but never able to speak to an actual agent.

I would tell them my new address, it would tell me they didn't provide service in that area, which would send me to the next automated service where I would have to repeat the info. I even told the automated service "live agent" to which it replied sure, but first tell me what you're calling about, and then it would proceed to try and solve the problem as before (frustrating!). Finally speaking to someone (I honestly can't remember how), they said that I would not have to pay "early termination fees" and they scheduled my services to discontinue (an hour and a half of my life gone). Then...I wake up one day and don't have any services six days before the date my services are supposed to be shut off (Yea, I can't wait to call in again!).

I get the services turned back on, making sure I didn't just make some new contract unwittingly. (Another hour of my life wasted!) Later, I decide to go into the Comcast store to make sure I can turn in all my equipment to them (so I don't have to mail it in). They say I can, and then he asks me if I want to make sure my services are actually scheduled to be turned off. I say ok, and guess what...nothing is scheduled! So he makes sure they are scheduled for turn off and assures me I can just drop off the equipment at the store. I can understand a company wanting to provide an automated system to handle routine issues, but they should not make it so challenging and irritating to actually speak to someone. And then their customer service is not even competent enough to get the job done the way they say it will. I am so glad to sever ties Comcast!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Xfinity chat agents helped me while signing up as a new customer online. But they lied to me that there would be no additional charges except tax. At checkout the price went from $166 to $207 with additional fees. Another chat agent told me to call Comcast customer care and they would remove the surprise fees. Customer care would not. Beware of Comcast Xfinity's misleading and deceptive practice, and lying agents. Jeff

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information