Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

PROS

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user friendly. To top it off the price is right!

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a month (or longer) then cancel without penalty.

Xfinity Cable TV Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I left Comcast previously due to poor customer service and consistent upcharging. But, my family and I moved into a house that only initially provided Comcast, so we went with them. On our very first bill, we had significant issues. They charged us twice (2x$30) for expedited shipment for a modem and TV boxes, but they never shipped them. When they finally shipped the equipment, one of the cable boxes had issues, so I called customer support to get help.

The woman, who refused to give me her name was incredibly unhelpful. She first was working and changing someone else's account even after multiple times of telling her we didn't live at that address and that is not my name. She hung up on me, but I finally got my TV working, so I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward 3 weeks and I get a bill for double what my contract is for. Turns out, the customer support agent changed my plan without my approval for service and for additional equipment, that was never shipped, again! I've been on the phone with Comcast for over 2 hours today and have been "disconnected" or hung up on twice. I feel bad because one of the reps was actually very nice and said that he sees this all of the time.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Cable TV stopped working, after an hour of using the troubleshooting tools on their website and help chat service I'm told I have to wait almost 3 full days for a technician to come to my house. How is it that with what they charge I will have no TV for three days?? Beyond ridiculous!!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I hate Comcast. They never call back. I have to deal with the same problem for a month. They try to charge you for a tech when one was already sent and didn’t do his job. I have been dealing with this current problem for 3 weeks and have to wait another week for the tech. They are the absolute worst.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Made an appointment with the Bloomingdale IL, store. Was looking to lower my bill and understand why I was required to take Marquee service when I did not want it. Was told it was part of the Local Sports Package and could not cancel it. Asked why and was told I would lose all the local stations. In order to cancel the sports package I would have to take the lowest cable package. (I have X1 Triple Play.) When asked if I had other options to reduce my bill his answer was hmmmm. That was the extent of the conversation. Take it or leave Comcast. No interaction as to what I could or could not do. Waste of my time. May be time to look at streaming service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Had a horrible experience with SALES on 8/29/2020 when we were about to buy TV service. Were told the PRO install plan was discounted at $40, but when installer showed up he demanded another $50 to fully install everything. Said that SALES always gives wrong information, which causes a BAIT AND SWITCH when they come to install. That was extortion and sleazy business practice so we canceled the order and sent installer away. For that reason we will never recommend Comcast TV service!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

My 91 year old mother moved & I tried to transfer her service for her. This was not done correctly & she started receiving bills for both addresses. When we called to dispute the bill from the not current address, they opened a dispute, closed it without resolution or communication, cut off her phone service, called to harass her on billing, & finally sold the dispute to a collections co. Now, NO customer service phone contact availability due to Covid, yet they continue to try to collect incorrect billing debts. Stand up comics are now joking about how bad Xfinity Comcast service is, so you know their messed up system is affecting many people. I will never do business with xfinity/comcast in the future.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

The worst foreign accent customer service ever. They play tricks and dead loops, waste tons my time to resolve nothing. Shame on Xfinity Comcast manager to take bribery from foreign contractors. We wasted hours try to reset our passwords. Two of their foreign call center agents and three of their online foreign agents could not offer no help.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Parents were having issues with Verizon, got fed up and decided to switch cable/phone/internet bundle to Xfinity. Comcast tech showed up, disconnected the existing services, cutting cables, cutting ground wires, and disconnecting everything. Was unable to make connections to street, so he just left. There are disconnected cables everywhere, wire clippings all over the floor, cut cables and discarded pieces outside and inside. The tech said he couldn't finish installation because of some branches and just left.

Now my parents have no cable and no internet. They called Comcast, who stated that the tech said he didn't touch anything, so they aren't going to fix anything. I took pictures of all the disconnected cables, cut wires, and pieces everywhere. I was able to reconnect some of the cables. Now they have to try and get somebody to come and fix all of the services that were destroyed by the Comcast tech. This may well be the worst customer service on the planet.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for cable and HSI for last 42 years in 5 states. They no longer seem to care to serve long-time customer and keep increasing rates without opportunity to speak with a human CSR to find an acceptable plan and affordable rate. Reaching a representative takes HOURS. Reaching a representative that seems like they know what they're doing - several hours and then the call gets dropped. Even though gave them my cell and they agree to call back if we get disconnected, never did.

I have email and direct phone # of loyalty department supervisor in Philadelphia but she no longer returns phone calls and emails. She only provided those 2 years ago after reading a similar poor experience review and said I could reach her and she would take care of issues and ensure I am a happy customer. All talk and no followup. Have the decency to return call or email as promised. Still get her voicemail. Glad to provide her name, email and direct #, if anyone at Comcast/Xfinity senior management cares and are serious about resolving customer issues. Just contacted (submitted on-line feedback) to SVP Tom. Not hopeful of follow-up and any systemic improvement on their service/approach. Perhaps time to go to a competitor, much cheaper options but afraid they all have poor service and rates increase after initial term. What a way to run a business. Rather than take care of existing customers, screw them and chase new customers.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We have to use COMCAST/XFINITY as it is the only service in our area - and they know it! Reaching a representative takes HOURS. Reaching a representative that seems like they know what they're doing - almost a full day. Mostly you will get a phonecon with someone in India who mindlessly goes through an algorithm. I ended up hiring a tech consultant for $200 to diagnose a broken modem. When I finally got someone in Tier 2 to acknowledge I needed a new modem (after 8 hours on the phone), they said they would send a tech the next day. I also upgraded my service. The tech came, but with no modem. He had a modem, but there was no record at all of my change in service, you can't get through to customer service for hours, so he drove away.

My husband finally went to the COMCAST store to get a new modem (they also had no record of change of service even though I signed a contract the evening before). They also gummed up the billing. Essentially, it took 2 days of phone calls (total time on hold >12 hours). In our area, people complain bitterly about COMCAST all the time, it is not just me. If you have ANY choice other than COMCAST, go with that other choice.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information