Comcast Cable Service

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I can't begin to say how much I dislike this horrible company and on so many levels. Their products are terrible, their service is terrible, the wait time to get help is terrible and it's CLEAR that they don't care about their quality of anything. I live in Portland OR and they have a total monopoly and because of this I have NO choice on who to do business with and so am forced to have Comcast. In addition they owe the state of OR $170 million in back taxes and refuse to pay! Comcast is truly a horrible company!!!

I switched to Comcast from Directv to try and save money. What a mistake. Comcast has the worst lag time and just general problems - I don't even know where to begin or end. Just what a nightmare. Nothing works. I have to reset my box and internet almost every day.

Comcast needed to come out to fix a wire that is "leaking" which explains our terrible Internet connection. Gave me a 12 HOUR WINDOW on Wednesday, said a person over the age of 18 needed to be home. NO SHOW. Rescheduled for another 12-hour window on Wednesday. NO SHOW. Rescheduled for Friday. Yep, that's right. I've spent at least 6 hours on the phone over this, plus have been chained to my house. Lots of assurances each day that they will arrive.

Two supervisors have promised to personally follow up with me, which they did not. One told me she can't elevate it because they aren't late yet - well, no kidding, with a 12 hour window by the time they are late it's very much too late at 8:00 at night to do anything about it. The last person was a level higher who told me I don't need to be here for the appointment, which none of the last 20 people I spoke with mentioned, in fact the opposite. The worst part is the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing - the people who book the appointments can never communicate, at any level apparently, with the side of the business that does the dispatching. Why is that? It's like they exist on different planets.

Have a bundled package with Comcast that increases in price every year, while consistency of service decreases every year! There were so many issues with landline service that I resorted to seeking help from a "friend of a friend" who is a local TV consumer affairs reporter. His best suggestion was to advise Comcast that I would file an FTC complaint and, if still no resolution, he would consider shining the bright light of the TV camera on this problem. You'll be shocked to know that the issue was immediately resolved!!

That was almost too good to be true, because I've lately been experiencing "pixilating"(?) or "tiling" of the TV picture. It begins at the top of the screen & cascades down like a waterfall. There is also an interruption in the audio portion of the program. It's much like a dropped cell phone call -- a few words & it skips. A few more ... and a skip. Call after call to customer service. I'm done troubleshooting issues from home. And I don't want to wait for another Tech to come since these issues never occur while they are here. Just an hour ago, I lost landline & internet service; it came back on 10 minutes later -- then went out again. Called to report it & the first thing they say is "there are no outages in your area". There must be... I'm not making this stuff up! Scheduled another Tech and only because -- it must be noted -- there were interruptions on my call to them. Rep had to agree there were problems.

As I glanced outside, I noticed a Comcast truck 2 doors away. Went out to ask if he was the reason I had intermittent phone & internet service -- and he was! He was changing out equipment after several other calls in my community & said customer service should have seen that a Tech was already working in the area. Keywords here are: should have! After reading thru this plethora of complaints against this company -- all with a common theme -- we should all just barrage the FTC with complaints. Any other suggestions?

The technician did not show up but told Comcast he did come to the house. I was here by the phone and waiting for him to come. The supervisor said he would be a little late and would call but this did not happen. The technician closed the appointment. Called Comcast to let them know he didn't arrive. Another technician was to arrive at 6 but never showed up. Took the day off from work. Was a waste of a day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

I installed Comcast. Service was disconnected for no payment but I never received a bill. I pay for Comcast. They say it will be reconnected in 2-24 hours. 2 weeks later no service. Why? "We apologize. One went out to connect service." "Can you tell me when you will re-connect?" "Sure, what is your acct number?" "I don't have it." "I am sorry we can not give you any information." They took my payment without an acct # but now they cannot provide info on reconnection? Worse customer service ever!

I am totally disgusted and wanting to take this to a higher authority to get this resolved. We moved from Boston to the Bay Area last August. From the first day of starting with Comcast, it's been issue after issue: charging for high speed internet when not providing it, wrong box 2x, providing a landline number for our business in which we printed copies of legal and business documents only to learn when our Atty tried to reach us she couldn't, paying for premier TV service and having a lower base package, spending at least 8 hrs a month for the last 22 months on the phone while then trying to resolve.

I escalated to their corporate customer service group 3 months ago and she closed out my ticket without resolving my landline issue. I only found out because I called. We moved and they didn't turn off the old address to which they tried charging me for 3 months. Isn't there a governmental body for consumer affairs to help us? Why does this incompetent company have so much power? They're the only cable provider in our area which allows them to crap all over their customers. I miss Verizon Fios. I was with them for 8 years and NEVER had an issue.

I have been a Comcast customer for over 15 year in Florida and now in Texas. Comcast has the worst customer service. The agents don't have knowledge, they are very rude, the company has inconsistence TV services, problems with internet signal, they don't respect the contracts and increase billing prices almost every months without notice. It will be a pleasure to pay my cancellation fee to get out of that dump.

I picked up 2 cable boxes 4 days ago from Comcast located on university Blvd in Manassas VA. One box they give us power cord. Second box did not. 4 days later I went to pick up a power. There was dude on front counter was a ** rudest ** guy ever seen dealing with customer. I asked "One box did not come with a power cord so can I have it please." He said "What kind of box do you have?" I ask him "Can you look in my account and find out which boxes you guys gave? I am sure you will have serial number recorded in my account." ** told me "Don't tell me how to do my job. Just tell me what kind of boxes you have." I told him "You are asking me to tell you the serial number of the boxes." I told him again look in my account. He yelled at me "I told you don't tell me how to do my job." We argued good 10 minutes. Did not get power cord.

Came back home call customer relations helpline. Got worse lady on the line. She said representative was doing the right thing. I just hanged up the phone and went to another Comcast location cancel my account. Told them I made a mistake having Comcast as my tv and Internet provider for last 5 years. I got Verizon now as my tv and Internet provider at least they know how to talk to customer.

An appointment was made on Friday, November 25, 2016 to disconnect from my sons apartment and install new service at his new house. Because I was not receiving the usual confirmation call Comcast sends to customers reminding them, I called them. To my dismay they said "no your appointment is for Sat from 5-7." When I questioned that it would be dark from 5-7 they said "no worries, they will stay till they are finished." When they arrived at my son's home at 5 pm the first thing he told my son was that it was too dangerous to do the work and he would have to reschedule.

The problem is my son has 2 1/2 weeks till he graduates with a Masters of Science in Finance and needs his internet. Didn't happen on Friday, November 25, 2016 as scheduled and when I called to verify them coming to transfer to **, I was advised that appointment was for the disconnect. How absurd, that I would need an appointment for a disconnect. Get real. Another appointment was set for Saturday from 5-7 and when I questioned the fact it would be dark, the rep advised me "no problem, he will stay until the job is completed". I then received a call from my son who told me the tech that arrived said "he couldn't do it, it was too dangerous in the dark". Doesn’t that sound like what I said to the rep making the appointment?

After reading the comments online about how bad your customer service really is, and with my first hand experience after calling you about 15 times, I can see why you have NEVER won the JD Power customer service award. Why should my son suffer without a computer connection because of your misgivings and inabilities to schedule properly. He is about to graduate with Masters of Finance Degree and desperately needed this transfer to happen in a timely manner for him to be able to do his FINAL 2 1/2 weeks of school. You have put him in a very bad situation.

On top of this I looked at my bill last night and noticed there was a balance due of $83 and change. NOT! When I contacted Comcast of the transfer, I was told to pay $16.42 and that would be good until the end of the month. As I see it, Comcast owes us a whole lot more than that! Your incompetence to schedule appointments that can be kept is beyond words. If the tech that arrived at my son's home at 5 pm Saturday couldn't do the job, he should have scheduled to come on Sunday to finish.

Comcast ripped off my elderly mother by tricking her into a verbal 2 year contract. She contacted them because channels she had been receiving were no longer available. Up to this point my mother has have Comcast for 25 year, other than the price no real problems. She was informed that Comcast had make changes to their packages and in order to get the package she had she would need to do a 2 year contract, so she agree, particularly because they said she would save 120.00 dollars.

When I saw her bill I questioned, where was the 120.00 saving. The representative who attempted to over talk me stated that it was 10.00 a month for a year. Looking at her bill I could see that her bill went from 200.00 a month to 196.33. Thank you Comcast for saving a mother 4.67 a month, considering that now you (Comcast) say it was only a 3 month trial. When I tried to terminate services I was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee -- that par for the course.

I was also told that my mother could not keep her phone number if she dropped their bundle, a number she has had 37 years (prior to getting Comcast). Her phone number was assigned to her by Pacific Bell (I know it no longer exists) but what gives Comcast the right say if she switches to AT&T she has to get a new number. Phone numbers to the elderly are like cell phones to a teenager, she knows the number, as well as all of her friends and relatives. Did I mentioned she has been a loyal, pay the bill on time customer for 25 years.

Thanks Comcast for your support of the communities that support you. Maybe they don't see it that way since when you call for customer service you are routed to another country where you can't understand what they are saying and most likely they don't understand you (since all their notes on their system reflect in favorite of Comcast). What happened to this call may be recorded -- unfortunately, they can never provide a recording. The key word is MAY.

We have a place in Florida for the winter. Comcast offers a Vacation package where the service (TV & Internet) can be turned off for up to 6 months and we reactivate the account with the same services (great for snowbirds). This time when the service was reactivated we noticed a huge jump in the cost. We settled the issue but I know this happened to other people and I feel that Comcast does this continually. It's a hassle for those who catch it, but probably many more don't even know this happens.

I just want to voice this in hopes that others report and they are reviewed for their inappropriate (should be illegal) practices. Previous bill (B1), the bundle was $89.00 before taxes. This bill (A1) was $130.00. We were never advised that when reactivated that the cost would be higher. We thought we had a contract. This time we were reassured that our contract will hold and we renegotiated a new bundle cost of $97.98.

We have an Additional Outlet (a TV that has cable but not a DVR). Last bill (B2) we were charged for one which is correct. This time (A2) they added another Additional Outlet for $3.99/month. For the internet we have our own modem and therefore we don't pay their rental cost. Instead of no cost on previous bill (B3), they added a $10/month (A3) charge for a Wireless Gateway (modem). This has happened to us before, we have to intermittently check to make sure we're not charged for it.

This irritates me because they were supposed to reactivate our services, we didn't make any changes to our account and they charged us for services we did not have. This may not seem like a lot but it adds up over time -- for the 2 additional services that were added was $180 a year. Now multiply that for the number of people that don't catch this. We were told that we have a 2 year contract and that it should not change our price for the services with or without the vacation allowance. We'll see if that holds up next year.

Every three months I have to call Comcast/Xfinity to inquire why the still-in-place "contract" of a set price (apart from state tax adjustments) becomes higher by $10.00. Every time I call they give me a credit and tell me my new "contract" will include (in this case, free rental for one year of a DVR). I ask for a confirmation email. No. They do not provide one. A supervisor then tells me to go to their site and read the Terms of Agreement. There isn't one.

I call Comcast again and ask where I can find it. They give me a song and dance - doubletalk - saying I wouldn't be able to find that link while they are updating the terms. They then refer me to Customer Assurance wherein a voice messaging system menu issues topics like harassment, fraud, etc. I happily click Fraud. The agent there asks me how I got that number. I explain. They too will not send me a confirmation email stating the terms of my new "contract" but will escalate my complaint to a tier higher with no response to my question as to someone getting back to me with any resolution.

Comcast deleted my emails older than 30 days. I have had Comcast Service for well more than 15 years. I have been able to access my emails older than 30 days for all that time. The rep said they changed the platform and my service went back to the default setting for deletion - not what I had which was "never" delete my sent emails. Now I cannot retrieve important emails sent just last month. Of course, the rep can't do anything and there is, of course, no one to actually speak with who can do anything. Comcast is an anonymous money sucking machine with no corporate responsibility to its customers. There's no guarantee that this won't happen again whenever Comcast decides to make any changes with no warning at all. I really hate being at the mercy of corporate giants. As soon as Fios comes my way, I'm out of Comcast. Might as well try another merciless corporate giant.

I am not even a customer of Comcast, and I've been proven what so many existing customers have told me - they are awful. Absolutely awful. I initiated a live chat requesting pricing for my specific address as I cannot view their website details on my work computer. I spoke to 3 different people, was quoted incorrect pricing (according to the last two people I spoke to), was told that pricing is different based off of what department you speak to, and I still do not know what pricing is available for my home. Thank goodness I have the option to go somewhere else, because this company is TERRIBLE.

I agreed to a two year contract at a certain price. Within a year the price jumped 20 per month and the only explanation I received was they are charging more for packages. I asked why they set up a contract when they don't honor the price but if we cancel we are penalized? They stated these are normal increases. Customer service is horrendous and to get a response from corporate is just as bad. We will be looking to changing providers when the contract is done.

I called Comcast because we had agreed to a promotion that they did not add to my bill on the next billing cycle. It seemed like it should be a pretty easy conversation, but I was wrong. The Customer Service representative that I talked to claimed that, yes, I had signed up for the promotion and even added TV service (which I most definitely did not), then they said I had called back a few days later and cancelled that promotion (why would I cancel a promotion to lower my bill?). She said that there was nothing that she could do to help me, so I asked to talk to a manager, while she continued to talk over me.

I kept asking for a manager and she yelled over me and told me there was nothing her manager could do either. She finally agreed to get a manager "but they're just going to tell you the same thing." I waited on hold for about 15 minutes (she probably thought I'd hang up by then) and then when she got back on the line she said, "Hi, I'm currently connecting you to someone in another department (not a manager)," to which I replied, "So I can't talk to a manager? You said you were connecting me to your manager?"

I asked for her name, not that it would do me any good since they go by first name and you can't get an employee number, but 'Nikki' refused to get me to a manager and just passed me off to another department (or co-worker). The person she passed me off to was able to put the promotion on my account and get me a $40 credit for the previous month. Just ridiculous that when you ask to talk to a manager, they pass you off to someone else and totally disregard anything you have to say. Thanks Comcast, been getting my internet through you for years and you still treat everyone the same... Crappy.

Comcast failed to show for scheduled service in mid-Oct. 2016. I decided to terminate the service on Oct. 29th. I got a confirmation e-mail. Wife said give them another chance, so I re-established service on Oct. 31st. This created a new acct/# as we downgraded the service. I have been billed under old Acct. # with early termination fee (had service for 3+ years at our address. Also received bill under new Acct.# with installation charge. Equipment was never removed or returned. Most recent bill has charge for unreturned equipment, which is still in use. I sent certified letter to Phila. address and got return receipt, but no answer on complaint.

Only thing besides HBO worth watching was Viceland. Now I have to pay $18 extra for it. This company keeps ripping people off and now they tell me I am locked into a verbal contract which I never signed into. This company is rip off. Cut the cord. Let internet competition thrive. Amazon, Google please help us from these ridiculous executive who need to siphon money from every day working people. We need competition in our cities.

The most cheating company which I ever seen. So, they help me connect my box (which they exchange in their service center without any notice that it is not supporting their new channels), for 2 hours (dumb college chick, which can't understand difference between coaxial cable and ethernet cable). Very upset with them, checking CenturyLink.

Person (male) was let into my home. Left after I ask him about ID. Was supposed to get it out of truck. Instead leaves. I have no cable and gave appointment for Friday after Thanksgiving. Want this person off the payroll of XFINITY. Terrible Business. Does XFINITY even screen??

I have had Comcast TV/Internet/Phone bundle for almost 2 years. About six months ago I was charged for a lot of movies. Over 200.00 just for the movies. I contact technical support and put blocks and passcodes on all the movies and channels that were extra charges. Over the last 6 months I have been charged around 800.00 for movies. When I contact an agent no one can help me, so I ask for a supervisor and the agent tells me that one will call me within an hour. No callback. In my cable package I should receive 140 channels. I only get 15. When I click on the other channels a box appears and says I need to subscribe to that channel. I would really like to know how X-Rated movies were ordered on my account when I had no tv hooked up to the cable box. My bundle plan started out around 110.00 a month and now is 140.00 for 15 channels plus all the extra charges for the movies and no one will call me back to resolve this.

I lived in an 80 unit condo complex where Comcast Xfinity was the only cable choice. I suffered with poor customer service, constant error messages (i.e. this channel will be available shortly), incessant pixilation of most HD programs, and constant excuses from their staff. I find it most interesting that there is now an opportunity for FIOS to become available if there is sufficient interest of the owners. Almost 100% are itching to dump Comcast for Verizon. I was not the only dissatisfied Comcast customer.

Worst service I've ever had. I signed up of the triple play (phone, tv & internet) which was the same price as the double play but they only gave me the tv & internet. After 3 1/2 hours on the phone with them they had to set up a tech to come out. When I spoke with a billing rep she was very rude, could not understand why I had an issue. Because this was all in the same day that I picked up the equipment I ask to cancel the service and I will return the equipment back to the Comcast store. Well she hung up on me. STAY FAR AWAY FROM COMCAST! On the same day I was there to pick up my equipment I spoke with a man that stated Comcast turned him over to collections for that has been turned in. He said I needed to stay away from Comcast.

So disappointed. They put a hold on my account when I was paid in full then refused to service my account because there was a hold. They will not let me talk to anyone in billing or even a supervisor, leaving no way to resolve the issue.

I wanted to put my service on vacation mode since I was not going to be in FL for many months. I did this and Comcast admitted this was the case. Comcast did not do their job and did not put my service on vacation mode. I called and their response was "why did you wait so long?" First, if Comcast had done their job I would not have had to call. Second, why are you blaming the customer for your mistake. Regardless of how long I took, Comcast made the mistake.

I run a business. Can you imagine if a customer ordered 1 item over the phone and there were notes or a receipt to prove it and I charged them for 11 of the same item by mistake. Then, they call up months later and said I did not order 11 items. I know they only ordered 1 and it was my mistake. If they send an email canceling monthly subscription and I don't do it. That is my mistake. This has happened in my company. It does not matter how long they take, I made the mistake. If they show an email from 1 month, 6 months or whatever I have to refund them that money. Or I have to refund them for the items because I made the mistake.

Comcast made a mistake and has the nerve to blame me. Regardless of time, they made the mistake. This is the problem with big companies today. Comcast has terrible customer service. They say all the time "why don't you call". Because, I don't have time to spend 1 hour on the phone every time. I live in another state and I spent many hours on the phone once and the problem still was not resolved. In the end, I had to tell them how to fix it. Another issue is an account issue with them that is still not resolved even though I have called about it several times. Comcast has the worst customer service and they are more than happy to charge you for things but when they make a mistake they don't care.

Hours spent chatting, emailing, writing back and forth. COMCAST acknowledges they owe me back my deposit and keep telling me the check is being processed and will have soon. It's now 5 months later and no check. I keep getting the same run around. So aggravating!

I have been a Comcast/Xfinity customer before. I had signed up DirecTV only to see the same annoying pattern to raise costs and get over $200 a month which is pathetically greedy on both companies part. I resigned with Comcast/Xfinity and signed up for what they described as "The Ultimate Package". I state that by defining their package as the ultimate one should assume that HD was included. When they sent me the pricing, one would think that it was all-inclusive, meaning all costs were to be stated in this fixed 3-year agreement. That also implied costs were to be fixed over this period. First they slap on an unexpected $10 a month charge – not stated in the contract – for High Def TV. When I complained they said "There's nothing we can do about it".

The special was advertised as $129 and we had 4 TV's so that added initially 3 $8 a month charges until we had to cut the full services to two TV's so we just get regular channels on those two for about $4 a month each. One Land Line and a fast always-on internet connection was also part of the deal. Comcast warns us that if we violate the deal and cancel, we will still be charged for a high percentage of our contract. Our bill jumps up to $171 a month and we asked why but no good answers. Then it hit $178 a month. Now my wife shows me the bill and it is $198 a month on a fixed rate contract. I believe they are in violation of their own contract. But it gets worse. When I switched back to Comcast their support team was key in setting up my email as they are the ISP. When my Hostgator domain hosting expired I switched to GoDaddy and they said “Your ISP provider will help you with your email.”

I called several times and each time they denied it was their responsibility. Some spoke English OK but some struggled. Most seemed incapable of a fair decision yet they did not escalate my call. My email is up, down, up, down and it was frustrating. GoDaddy helped me to understand why and an email trace clearly shows all the times I could not send or receive email, was a Comcast issue. That belies the fact that we pay for a fast, always-on internet connection. As I type this I am waiting 3 hours for my email to go out. No such luck. I help companies to shape high-value brands.

What Comcast/Xfinity is doing will create a strong market backlash when any other provider offers lower cost, customized plans. I do not need 80 Spanish channels. I wonder how many others are being ripped off and whose contracts are violated as mine is. We are reasonable people but a class action suit seems in order. We are retired and live on a fixed income. This just is not right. Comments are welcomed.

So today I got my modem in the mail. I called Comcast Xfinity and the customer service was from the Philippines. I was ok he spoke good English so I give my information. After we have to do a reset on my modem we waited. He start telling me. "Wow you have a nice home, wow you have a big and nice pool, man those cars park outside are very nice man. I can see your house you must have a lot of money." I was like what? He say "yea I google your house. I can see it." So I told him "too bad you can see inside the house because if you do I will put a ** bullet in your head **. I'm a pro second amendment." He say "well I'm not in the USA but when I go I can go and visit you" and I say "please do. I will make sure you will go back to your country in a body bag you piece of **. And that's invasion to my privacy under Comcast contract."

I was so mad I told him to transfer me to somebody in the US and he say no! So I hang up and try like 20 times till I got in contact with somebody from US. When I did I told him the story and he say "well I will put it in the system and you will get a call back." I'm sure they never going to call me. Worst experience ever. No wonder our personal information gets stolen because this ** stupid companies like Comcast they don't give a ** about our private information.

I have had problems with them from very beginning I returned to Comcast. I tried others but they weren't any better. Every time I call over there my modem password is captured and they modify the modem functions right under my nose. I can see it all from my computer. They are bunch of losers and I think they get some courses how to lie successfully and bonuses when they have done it. Pathetic. I was trying to start a business where I need a computer but because they were penetrating to my computers it's not possible. Business account is supposed to be more secure so they dropped me back to the residential account.

In Colorado Comcast has a monopoly position and most of the people has it. Yeah, there is a some smaller internet service providers but they have the same attitude than Comcast. It seems like Comcast is spying us, maybe for a government, without any reason. I wonder when we are going to get search warrant, ha hah, that we would know what the hell is going on. I'm not imagining this I have plenty of evidence. If I would be rich I would start a new cable company myself and treat people as they should be treated. Such a pitiful company! Hate it from the bottom of my heart and I can see I'm not the only one...

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.
  • Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.
  • Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.
  • Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.
  • Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers