Comcast Cable Service
  • 1 star
Based on 542 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Comcast Cable Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

4855 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Xfinity has to be the worst service provider I have ever had. Constant issues with service and it takes forever to get a human person on the phone to help resolve problems. And when I do, all they ever want to do is just reboot my TV boxes. I have to reboot my TV boxes regularly to get them to temporarily work properly. I have had service technicians to my home at least 10 times now in the last 1 1/2 years and all they do is tell me they have found the problem and fixed it but it is never fixed. Their customer service is terrible! I wish there was another cable company to deal with in area!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I am trying to watch CBS through Xfinity. So, I’ve picked this very obscure, rarely used internet site with the call letters CBS. Hoping against hope I tried to get Xfinity to stream. Soon I was aware that this was foolish to request. It’s just that I’d gotten used to getting reliable internet after I’d paid for it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have personal and business account under Comcast for 12 year in my business. In 2016 I move my business to new location and they had Comcast internet service so I call in to cancel my account since new location already has Comcast internet and phone line. When I talk to customer service they told they can't cancel it without charge me cancellation fee. Call them unless many for this problem.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Where I live Comcast/Xfinity is the only company available which sucks for me. Their packages are supposed to be affordable so they say. Well they charge you for extra stuff you don’t use or want. We said fine. Whatever. We will deal with it but then our internet sucks and we are supposed to have the fastest gaming internet. We wouldn’t be able to connect to anything. We call them and wait in the phone for hours just for them to tell us there’s nothing wrong.

Then to top it all off every time I open my bill I’m getting charged for something I never ordered like the Latino channel. Well I only speak English. Why the hell would I order that. Then it was some sign karaoke channel. Every time I call them about it they tell me I called and ordered it then I ask how and they say, "Oh I’m sorry. You never called" and tell me I have to pay for it on my bill and they will take it off for the next bill. Well I never ordered it in the first place. Comcast is terrible and are nothing but scams artists. If I could switch I would gladly.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Comcast has caused me to spend untold hours on phone calls, technician visits to resolve problems which in at least two cases caused more problems that required return visits, incurring additional time waiting around the house accomplishing nothing except to babysit the Comcast technicians. It's an ongoing nightmare that I can't seem to get out of. In the most recent visit of an Xfinity technician he left without resolving the problem and without even saying he was leaving. He just got in his van and left, leaving the tv's on and nothing resolved! I wouldn't recommend Comcast to anyone and encourage anyone interested in cable and internet to seek alternative vendors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was a Comcast customer. I was billed for cable and wi-fi internet service for 2 years. Then they started charging me for over usage of internet. This was something new. They started this year and without notification I was billed extra charges. I called and of course was on hold for 45 minutes and then transferred to someone else and on hold for another 45 minutes. I cancelled my cable in September and had my final bill of 411.00 dollars and made 2 payments on the bill. One in September, one in October that they accepted leaving a balance of 100$. Then in November I get a call from collections agency that Comcast sent the entire 411 bill to collections after I made 2 payments and now I'm on hold again with Comcast for 30 minutes waiting to talk to someone. They do not care about their customers and I do not plan to ever use them again. Hopefully I can get this removed from my credit report.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Multiple calls over months regarding problems with internet and cable tv. Comcast never resolved the issues and Comcast representatives couldn't care less about the problems you are having. On top of that they just keep reconnecting you with another department where you have to wait, wait and wait. Paying for services that you don't receive or get full credit for in my opinion is theft.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

For over a year I have been dealing with Comcast and their executive office and all the field agents to get a working internet and cable service that doesn't tile cut out or drop the audio. They have not been able to resolve this. They have blamed it on everything from baby monitors to my television. They have come to my house and put holes in my floor to run new cable and the issue is still not resolved. However they want me to pay $167 a month for a service that does not work.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I don't normally care about reviews for bad service. I just figure I just had an isolated incident with a bad service rep or experience, but Comcast made me create this account just to review them. Comcast is the worst. They have a monopoly in my area though, although I am now paying more for a new up and coming internet provider who will be better for sure because nothing can be worse. They created two bills in my name at two different addresses, and after not getting any of the wrong bills, sent them to collections.

It took several months and 30 phone calls and letters to get them to take it out of collects. I did get a couple of hand out months of internet, and I would have switched even to pay more at the time but they are literally the only company in my town. Then when I finally switched, they continue to send a bill after several phone calls to customer support for the service to be canceled. THEY ARE THE WORST! This doesn't even account for the first several weeks of service where I didn't actually have the internet working reliably.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was contacted a few weeks ago by a Comcast/Xfinity representative who informed me that as a longtime customer I qualified for a new Xfinity X1 box. She went into detail about the new voice controller and the bells and whistles. I asked if there would be any change in price or service, she assured me there would not. I agreed to allow them to send the new cable box, but I asked a second time if there would be any change in price or service. She said again, there will be no change in either the price or service. At the end of the call I was asked if I had any questions. I asked again if there would be any change to price or service, and was assured for the third time, that there would be absolutely no change to either one. Three days after I hooked up the new box, the DVR function stopped working, and even erased the show's we'd already recorded.

I called Xfinity and was told a computer update had changed the settings in my box. When I asked how to fix the problem, I was told I didn't have DVR service and it would cost an extra $10 per month for DVR service. I have had DVR service for the entire six years that I have been their customer. I sent them back a DVR box, but they insisted that I didn't have the DVR service and if I wanted it, I would have to pay another $10 per month above what I was already paying, which was the price I had agreed to prior for monthly service including the $10 for DVR service I was already paying.

My old bill was $159 including the monthly $10 DVR service. Now I would be paying $170 per month. I argued with them for two days and was told that I was wrong, that I didn't have DVR service. I asked them to return my old box and was told by their customer service agent, "I can't turn back time." The best they would offer to do was give me a $60 credit to pay for the first six months of my DVR service. I fired them and switched to Dish service. Now waiting to fight them over early termination fees.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Comcast sent me to collections after I closed my account and returned my items. 12 months and one house move later I’m called by collections. The collections office won’t take the type of credit card I have. I’m currently a Comcast user, but I regret it now.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

For about a year now, Comcast has been charging me for my own modem (I've had to call in every month to straighten out); given us the smallest fraction of the 150MPS internet speed we pay for and only get .2MPS to 5MPS; have multiple pay channels that do not tune in as well as most HD channels being pixelated. Overall I'd give Comcast 1 out of a possible ten for quality and customer service - but really a ZERO. I have repeatedly contacted Comcast billing and technical departments - spending hours of my precious free time to deal with their horrible service. I am never offered compensation for your shortcomings in product nor compensated for my time. I guess that is what you can get away with when you are the only provider in the area...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

On 11/7, I called because my boss was moving to have service changed, I'm on his account to be able to make changes. On 11/16, I called to schedule them to go to the new home, they were to bring 4 boxes & one modem. They did not tell me we needed to return or move the old equipment ourselves, they actually said they would take care of it. They scheduled 11/22 between 12-2, they did not show up. I called late afternoon to try to get them scheduled that night, I was passed to at least 6 different people, had to tell the story 6 different times to people who didn't speak English very well & was on the phone with them for over 2 hours!!

They were going to try to get someone out there, but they did not so we set up a new time to go on 11/24/17 around 9am and to be done by noon. I got a call saying they time was between 5-7pm on the 24th, wrong! I called that morning to try to get it changed, they claimed they could not do that. Mind you, I told EVERYONE when I was passed off to at least 7 different agents, managers or whoever they pretended to be! I had to tell the same story & I told them, we needed 4 boxes and one modem! The old equipment stayed with the new owners of the old house, I told EVERYONE. No one told me we had to get the old equipment.

When they arrived 40 minutes early, they did not call the number I gave them to call before arriving. They called the home phone which was not hooked up yet because we are on the Triple Play, obviously NO PHONE, they didn't know what they were supposed to do & did not have the 4 boxes and modem with them! They finally got new equipment, but they claim they had to have a 2nd modem for upstairs! They moved from a 10,000 sq. ft. home to a 5,000 sq. ft. home, why do they need a 2nd modem when the one modem worked for 3 floors of their last home??

The only credit I got from them was 60 for not showing up 3 different scheduled times & they said they would not charge me for a set up fee. Thankfully, but for the hassle, the wasted time on the phone with them being passed off to person after person, they still will not give me any sort of credit for their screw ups! Now they are going to charge me for extra equipment if not returned, but the new owners have it in their possession! I have been using Comcast for years for my personal account & I have NEVER in my life had this kind of problem. Of all things it happens with my boss!!

I've had heard horror stories regarding Comcast but have never had the experience with it up until now! They have the worst moving department, not one department knows what the other one is doing & it is ridiculous! Let's just hope that when we get the new invoice that everything remains the same, if not there will be another 2 hour phone call! Only the 4th!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have been a customer of Comcast when they bought out Garden State Cable. When I call Comcast and am told, there is nothing I can do I counter with, there always is something anyone can do, find a way. So far, they have. I refuse to back down and question some of the fees now. Not sure if I will switch until after the year is up. I am not under a contract and never will be with anyone. I am a Senior in NJ and if my income gets any lower, well I do like to eat too.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

In nearly 40 years of being a primarily cable-TV subscriber, I find this service the absolute worse - a true nightmare, completely bogus and not user friendly in the least. Just as a "for instance" you can't even tell what channel you're watching unless you hit the "Guide" button, which ends your viewing of the program you'd been looking at (yes, you read it correctly), and if you use closed-captioning, the script obstructs the information you're trying to view when you hit the "Info" button. You can't make this stuff up. This bogus cable system is truly the worse and if you can avoid it (I can't right now), you better steer clear.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was with them when they were Chicago Cable, they were poor business people with an inferior product, an unskilled labor force that took advantage of people. I had to leave them or lose my mind dealing with them. I went to another company for about 5 years and then when they kept raising my rates I thought let me give Xfinity a chance, maybe they cleaned up their act. For the 1st year with them while I was on an introductory rate, everything was Ok. Then only service I had with them at this time was internet, my husband & I are retired and on a fixed income.

As soon as the first year was up they double my monthly bill & my service got horrible. We kept losing our signal which kept causing us to lose our Smart TV programming. I spoke with the manufacturer of my television, they did a speed test, I was not getting what I was paying for or what was needed to run a Smart TV. After the first year they tell you that you have to sign a contract to keep service with them. They are a horrible company that I don't ever want to have to do business with again. All they are interested in is getting into your pockets. Unfortunately in most major cities you only have an option of two companies for residential service. Comcast Is one of them. We need more companies to offer residential service.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

924/5000 I join the group of unsatisfied customers of a company to abuser their customers by sellers by phone. Cannot wait the day that the letters of their name are deleted from the alphabet. Last month I decided to improve my cable plan, they told me that I could use the new plan for thirty days at no cost and I could cancel it if I was not satisfied. Call before my deadline, I was treated without courtesy, the seller told me that they did not provide this type of service, that what I was doing was canceling the one year contract, but that I had to pay the use of the service for the month, I told him that, then I would return the cable plan I had before enrolling in the plan that was offered, nothing worked, I ended up paying what they told me I did not have to pay and a new more expensive plan. Get away from COMCAST, it's a scam, I'll finish my business with them very soon, there are more options.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I was happy for many years with the only internet watching Netflix and Hulu. I get a call saying "Hey $9 more a month we give you TV also with HBO" etc... Get the box in the mail and come to find out I can only get 480p definition unless I pay more. Now they got me out of my old plan with 100mps internet at a reduced price and I have to pay more to even watch TV (can't say quality since it all Ads). Now I remember why I hate TV companies. Not like I can go anywhere else since only AT&T other company and they are worse. Monopoly much...

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

After cancelling my service, I was told I’d receive a $17 credit. After a month, I received a bill of $25 and I called them immediately to explain. They claimed I cancelled service 7 days after my cycle (I pay a month ahead for cable). I knew it was not truthful and I refused to pay this bill, after months of “additional service cost” that fluctuated constantly and they could never reasonably account for. Literally less than 30 days later, I received a collection notice from a 3rd party for the $25. I’m appalled at the lack of customer consideration and the dishonesty shown to a loyal, on-time paying customer. Comcast is a monopolizing thief and this company should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Each month, we had unauthorized charges on our account, or a higher price for our bill without our prior knowledge. When we went to cancel, we were harassed and given an extremely hard time with cancelling. Even after our internet was cancelled, Comcast continued to charge us (not charges that were occurred when our account was active). I will never use this company again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I just want to THANK COMCAST/XFINITY for NOT holding up their agreement to me! I called COMCAST/XFINITY after Hurricane Harvey hit Houston and especially our area pretty hard! I asked if I could work out a payment plan until I could get back on my feet, as I could not return to work right away. They said no problem and I had until November... Well I just received a notice from my credit reporting company that stated my FICO score dropped... I went online to check and see what was going on? I only owed Comcast a balance of 150.00 which I was going to finish paying off This week (NOVEMBER). I called their Representative. She said, "I'm sorry there is NOTHING I can do?!" I asked, "How in the world can you put me in collections!?" (I didn't even receive a notice)! Now I have to go through all of the letter writing and wasted time to get it taken off... THANK YOU for holding up your end of the AGREEMENT COMCAST!! UGHHH :(

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We started an order for service in June of 2017. It is now mid November. Our operation is suffering financially and Comcast is destroying our business from failing logistics and ailing management. There was already service on the property and for this one run of service to take over 4 months is complete sabotage and undermines American small business.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I responded to a $19.99 offer to start service. They could not activate it when I called and advised that I needed a different modem. I told them to cancel my request until I could get a new modem. Three weeks later I purchased the modem and called back, only to find that they were already charging me for the service. I was supposed to get a credit for the three weeks and they tried to activate the service that day. It didn't work and they sent a tech to our house and he charged us $60 to install the service.

He was able to get it to work, but after 22 days, it stopped working. I tried to call to get it resolved, but get put on hold for over 30 minutes at a time. After several frustrating attempts, I stopped paying my bill - and finally got a call from them 2 months later. They are saying that I have to pay them $130.00 for the prior months that I went without service, plus I am locked into paying them for the 12 month agreement.

After 45 minutes of trying to get this resolved, I was put into a voice loop and disconnected. The last communication I had with them was that they could send a tech. to our house to try to resolve the connection issue, but I could be charged at their discretion. In addition I was advised that the only way I could get out of the 12 month agreement is if I paid for the tech to come to my house and he determined that he could not establish service. I am going to have to pay a total of $240 for service (NOT), $60 to make the service work for 22 day, plus the $100+ cost of a new modem that I am already out of pocket. DO NOT call for any special offers. It is nothing but a SCAM!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was told I won't be charged a technician fee for their equipment not being good and now I am being charged $60 for it. The month before was for a movie I didn't order. The other month before was for not signing up for paperless bill. This company has a charge for something everything and anything without the customer knowing. Most annoying thing. Only been with them 9 months I am tired of the nonsense. Time for a change.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have been with Comcast for 14 years. The last 4 years we have had nothing but issues with the service. We have quite a few techs out and it never gets fixed. The price for internet is outrageous and they never work with clients that have been with them a long time. So in short… Horrible service and horrible price, not happy.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Comcast is billing customers for cable boxes they do not have. Out of the blue, they are adding these charges on, one example is I received a letter I am being billed for a cable box that I did not have or have not had. My neighbor was charged for 3 extra cable boxes that she never had. It is so hard to convince someone in India, you do not have these boxes.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I called to cancel my account because I was going to be away from home for over a year. The customer service representative with whom I spoke told me he could put my account on hold until November without any charges and then I could cancel in November. I agreed to this. I ended up getting a bill for the time I was told my account was on hold. I contacted the company and they said my account wasn't on hold. The customer service representative I had spoken with had lied to me. They refused to credit my account because it was against their policy. I will never use Comcast again. They have no ethics.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I waited for 2 hours in the NW 7th Street office for my new wifi connection but I did not get proper response from the team. Really disappointed by the service provided. When inquired, the people told me that the manager was out for lunch since 1 hour and it can only be completed with his permission. Really disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Comcast is canceling their Connect Calendar. In doing so they don't care about the customer enough to make a took to transfer the data. They don't care that it will take hours of their customers time to hand transfer the information. It is all about their $ not the clients time. Will be changing to another provider in the near future. I hear Windstream has cheaper rates and faster service in our area. When we started with Comcast our phone was out at least once a week for the first few months until someone could figure out why. Their tech team doesn't know very much about their system.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Even though we pay top dollar for internet service, 5 to 6 days a week we have issues at some point in the day. Trying to connect sometimes we can't connect at all until we can get someone on the phone.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs