3.5/5 (1846 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user ...

Verified

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a mont...

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Xfinity has all major channels and apps for streaming available which makes for a good variety of different tv shows, movies, documentaries, series, fitness, and sports to watch and music channels to listen to. The remote provided has the ability to select different channels by voice. I like the ability to restart a program that is in progress and watch it from the beginning. Xfinity has different ways to search for a program and you are able to tape a show to watch later. You can find different times for your favorite programs and tape them for future viewing as well as keep them in your recorded history.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I like Xfinity. I even had my mom change her service from Dish to Xfinity as the cost of her cable and internet from CenturyLink was almost double for what I paid for Xfinity. The nice pro is that there is no satellite to go out due to weather. However, you may need to reboot your main box once in a while. Otherwise depending on your package you get great channels, movie channels, kids channels and sport channels. The only time I was upset was when they took TMC away, because I like old movies and asked for $10 more dollars as it was added to some other package. The HD channels are very clear and have nice quality pictures. Note if you are unhappy with the price of your cable or satellite complain. Xfinity provides a good service and customer service is very helpful.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I have had Comcast in one form or the other for over twenty years. I gave them a four the overall equipment. But they are very expensive if you need say three or more boxes and in the cover area. They are not customer friendly. I am considering a switch and the only reason I haven't to this point is my family is use the the equipment, but at some point I will. My bill is [270 monthly] and I'm ready for a change.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My overall satisfaction with customer service, etc. is very good. However, as far as pricing is concerned, I am very dissatisfied. I only want wifi with no cable. The price for wifi alone is just as expensive, if not more. I truly want to disconnect cable, but am stuck. Vios is not available in my area and am stuck with Xfinity. I am not paying for both Verizon for telephones (their wifi is too slow) and Xfinity for wifi. There are no options for those of us who are unemployed and those of us who are seniors. My only complaint to being forced to have more services than needed in order not to pay a higher price, which is already too high.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The technical and hardware details are good. However the price keeps going up. Recently I called to see if there was a reasonable promo being offered, long story made short, the very nice rep recommended the latest X1 system but at the same price I was then paying. After getting shipped the hardware we found that I already had the X1 system and the rep dropped me and stopped responding to emails (he had given me his email). I cannot tell you how long it took to get this backed out of their billing and having a tech visit my home to tell me I already had the X1 system.

Then the next months billing was wrong, went on their chat line twice, finally got it worked out. They were very nice and tried to help but the first rep really messed things up. I started the service years ago with a $99 "triple play", I am now paying $219 a month for a much better system but their pricing and bundles are such that you have to take much more than you really want to get the same triple play. The internet speed and DVR capability are very good, I finally gave up and pay the $219 each month.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Xfinity sent a technician out to fix a modem issue I was having. Gregory was excellent. He was polite, followed COVID protocols, and fixed the problem. However, my concern is with the working conditions this young man was exposed to in order to do this job. After I saw what he had to do in order to test the system, I told him I'm not sure I want cable this badly-- I have a picture and hope I am able to post it. He had to extend a ladder to a wire and attach it to the wire. The ladder's only support was the wire itself. Xfinity should have sent a truck with a bucket for this young man. I'm sure he doesn't get hazard pay.

Once he got back on the ground safely I asked him how old he was. He told me he was 26 years old. My son is 24. I couldn't image my son doing this. Xfinity needs to ensure the safety of its employees in this type of situation. I'd like to know why he was sent with only a ladder instead of a bucketed truck for extra safety. This company is making lots of money. I'm sure Xfinity can afford to equip these workers properly. Thank God he got down the ladder safely.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Xfinity Cable TV service is very unreliable. I have had several issues with bad connections and they have not been able to fix the issue. It is so frustrating paying for premium service yet the tv service is highly unreliable. I am dissatisfied with Xfinity Cable TV service and I do not recommend their cable tv service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

You can’t talk to anyone. No one knows how to get you the help you need. They never do what they say. People who work there do the minimum. No pride in their work. If there was another place to go I would!

Original review: July 28, 2021

I’ve been with Comcast for over 20 years and must say this is the worst experience I’ve ever had with them. I recently moved service address and cannot get adequate assistance to connect service at the new address. I’ve called multiple times to get assistance and many Comcast associates seems to be reading a script but have no idea how to help you. Instead of helping or saying they cannot help you they transfer you from department to department. For the past 3 days, I’ve called repeatedly and it seems impossible to speak to a supervisor. I’ve been lied to stating that I’d be given a call back and still nothing.

For the past 20 years, Comcast payments are auto drafted from my account. I work from home and have not been able to work home due to Comcast’s inability or willingness to help customers. I’m so disappointed. As a result, I’m now looking for another service provider. My loyalty or 20 years of on-time payments means absolutely nothing to them. Shame on COMCAST.

Original review: July 28, 2021

All are too expensive. Changing providers doesn’t always solve the problem. Been through some others. Didn’t like Directv. Long time customers don’t get breaks. Am not able to hook up other antennas. etc.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information