2.0/5 (49 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user ...

Verified

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a mont...

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: July 24, 2021

Xfinity/Comcast provides a solid service. The internet service is one of the best around. We dropped cable TV as it just got too expensive for our needs. We use an antenna and stream other platforms. If there was another competitive internet service with the same speed, we would switch as it could bring prices down for everyone.

Original review: July 23, 2021

A point that I find particularly annoying for me may not be pertinent for everybody. Every night, at 03:30, the system backs itself up and downloads any updates interrupting viewing for 5-10 minutes. I get it that most people are normally sleeping and do not even know about the interruption, but I do and it irritates me every night.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My relationship with this company started off rough initially, however their customer service and accessibility has improved. I do have to call every year or couple months to inquire about any new packages for current customers. However, my cable and internet is reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've now been a customer for 4 years, a bundle rate - due to condo association, and my landline is always perfect, TV is always doing normal updates, and my Internet runs like a dream, I've had no issues with billings or contacts as their connection with my equipment has the thorough technology for them to know in advance.

Original review: June 25, 2021

On 6/22/2021 I had a problem programming new equipment. I worked with a tech from the Phil. Her name is Ann and id number is OIG. She was outstanding solving my problem. She was patient and courteous and knew her job well. Please thank her.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Comcast Xfinity mailed me two new cable tv boxes that I did not request and did not need. But I self installed the new boxes and returned the old boxes as they requested. They stated that there would be no difference in billing. However, the new boxes do not display the channel numbers. This is a reduction of services and, in my opinion, should result in a reduction of fees. I have talked to Comcast Xfinity Customer Service about this issue but they are unwilling to reduce my cable TV bill.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Customer service is terrible. Tecnical Suport is the worst. Customer service sent someone that actually never came but called me saying got fixed? The service is never fixed. They sent 3 updates to the modem that it’s terrible.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Internet disconnects every 5 min or so. The other day I counted 33 modem restarts in 1 day just while I was awake so you do the math and it's a brand new modem that the 3rd tech provided. My girlfriend and I switched from AT&T to Xfinity for the "faster speeds" in our area so she could start her work from home job. Well needless to say she can't do that now and we have had 5 visits from techs in 3 weeks and still nothing has improved. When they show up they leave before making sure it's fixed. They are coming out a 6th time this Friday to try changing more wires. Lol. I'm going crazy over here. Haven't had reliable internet that last even 1 hour since September. Unacceptable. I'd rather have 2mb a second speeds with a company that actually provide a connection over this steamy pile of garbage any day of the week anywhere on this planet.

We can't wait to get out of this mess and wake up from this useless service nightmare. I drop my connection all day long. It shouldn't take 6 visits and a supervisor that's come twice now just to have service in and out all day and night I can't even use wifi on my phone with everything else disconnected without dropping my connection that's how bad it is. I live in a apartment in a medium sized city. Come on fix this!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

It would do Comcast a world of good if Spectrum were allowed to compete in our area (Florence Alabama). Xfinity has connection issues, and when it force reconnect it takes from 30 to an hour to reconnect, frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

My 91 year old mother is not tech savvy, but relies on Comcast/Xfinity under duress (because there are no alternatives in her area) in order to watch TV and stay in touch. Over the course of 2021 they have raised prices from $50 a month to $81 a month, an increase TEN TIMES the US inflation rate, while at the same time cutting her download speed in half. The Internet has become a household staple, like water or electricity, and this giant monopoly should have some constraints over how much they can gouge their customers. Although it's unlikely to do any good, I've filed a complaint with the FCC and would encourage everyone who's outraged by this predatory pricing to do the same. The site for a complaint is: **. Speak up!!

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information