Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service
2.64/5
Based on 4,839 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service

Comcast Cable Service Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and I am perplexed by the amount of negative reviews. I must be one of the lucky. Today, I called and it took about 10 minutes to get off of that stupid loop of computer generated prompts (my only problem with them). Once I got through, I spoke to a woman (Dorian???) and she was delightful to speak to and helped me cancel many things that I didn't need to help reduce my bill. By the way, yes, Comcast upped the bill $43.21 from January to February and no real explanation on the bill, which prompted me to call them.

We had the Double Play package and home security and my bill was $228.86 and went to $272.07. I can not justify spending $3264.84 on TV and Internet per year. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and between the two of those, it's only $267.52 per year. I digress. So the woman shut off my home security, which I don't need but got talked into when I first subscribed. She also took off the HD additional cost, and after everything was said and done, she reduced my bill by $1.2k per year and I'm getting a better internet speed package. I'm sure that this will be a temporary thing and it will creep up again by the end of the year, but I'll just have to call again and most importantly, be polite and nice to the person on the other end of the phone. I know that is easier said than done, but it really works. The 4 star review is for Dorian. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve always had a great experience! My service has always been great. I realize that 100% of customers will never be happy but that’s with any company. Most of the billing complaints are rarely valid. Reason being... As a consumer, it’s our responsibility to review our bills each month. Comcast always notifies customers of changes and any billing increases. Yes it’s usually in fine print, but it’s still available. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Sometimes customers need to take accountability and not always blame the company. Comcast isn’t perfect, but what company is.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with their prices or just can’t afford, look for other options. Cable is truly a luxury. Why get mad at Comcast because they can’t lower your bill. It’s just like a shopping experience. Some people can afford to shop at Nordstrom’s, others can’t. So maybe you choose more affordable options like Macy's, Kohl's or Target. In what Universe can you walk into any of these stores and demand a better price. That’s absurd. Same concept. Prices are what they are. Yeah the fees are a little annoying, but hey. I choose to stay with Comcast so that comes with the territory.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had called up Comcast Tech Support to explain I was having a problem with my cable modem. In the end it was decided I needed a new cable modem but we have a router that goes into the modem. The way the tech support guy explained it to me and my wife I thought I was slow or something. I could not understand what we needed to do. I then went to the Port Murray located to exchange up old modem for a new one. There was a sales consultant named Leonard ** who explained when I have a Comcast modem it is also a router and if I have my own router I need to put the modem in bridge mode or just have the router part of the modem disabled. That was an exceptional explanation. Just wanted to say how happy that Lenny explains this so well. But it also brings up why couldn't the tech support people explain this in a way my wife and I could understand.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They've TRULY stepped up their game, very accommodating, service AND equipment is top notch, they are very anxious to have everything flow smoothly for their customers. Representatives are extremely knowledgeable, from their phone center to their Service Reps. VERY HAPPY ON EVERY LEVEL. ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT THING - THEY HIRE AMERICANS. I HATE getting the Philippines where the call can drag on for hours and hours. India, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala - all have great service people. But the Philippines??? Yuck. SO THANKS FOR HIRING AMERICANS SO WE HAVE LESS HOMELESSNESS.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Prices in general are too high for all broadband (my opinion). It's now a 'need' not a 'want' and we are paying through the nose. Need some govt regulation. Of what is available in my area Xfinity delivers the fastest, most consistent bandwidth. Customer service is generally knowledgeable and wants to help. When one has an issue do a better job of giving the customer a specific person they can email, chat or call for follow-up if required. Very frustrating having to re-explain an issue several times to agents. One gets passed to in the queue.

Need to make pricing options simpler, more clear, programs and packages aimed to reward retention of long term customers. Sometimes it seems their focus is on attracting new customers with great deals while putting customers who have been loyal for years at the back of the queue for great deals. Need better balance between these goals (attract new, retain established) with increased emphasis and incentives for retention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

In the state of Oregon the company was half decent. Since I’ve moved to Colorado it’s been absolute garbage. Constant issue after issue and now they want to charge me for technicians to come out and take a look. Not a chance. On top of all the issues they can’t figure out a deal with altitude for the avalanche & nuggets games. DirecTV has better offers right now as does all the other companies in the local area.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I move and I moved out of their zone to place out area and I had to disconnect my services Because I wasn’t in network and they still charged me the disconnect fee. I am never going back or recommend them because that ridiculous. I liked their service but to make me pay because I moved and they didn’t have service there and they then charge me still a disconnect fee is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Xfinity owes us a refund for approximately 4+ months of overbilling! We moved from Utah to Colorado; arranged for service disconnection on 7/8/2019, only to learn that the people who bought our home were using OUR cable free of charge! Xfinity continued billing us for a service we no longer used and the loses who purchased our home said NOTHING about it! Their dishonesty has nothing to do with Xfinity, but we are OVERDUE a refund in excess of $900.00!

I spoke with Xfinity billing earlier today am in STILL dissatisfied with their resolution! They once again indicated that we would have to wait an addition 4 - 6 weeks before we see our refund! How difficult can it be to refund a client? We paid them in FULL at every bling cycle! They are inept, uneducated and fiscally irresponsible; and their customer service is utterly appalling! I have also filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am willing to speak with the media in reference to this complaint! I have advised Xfinity that if we do not get our refund they WILL be speaking with our attorney!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I have had Comcast for over 20 years and have been a happy and loyal customer until now! I love the ID channel (Investigation Discovery) and today I found out that Comcast is getting rid of my favorite Comcast channel, the ID channel!!! WTH?!? This is sooo very disappointing!! It’s almost worth dropping Comcast all together and finding another cable/internet service. All those who love the ID channel, like me, ENJOY IT, because it will be gone as of January, 2020 :(. Comcast PLEASE figure out whatever you have to do to keep the ID Channel in your channel line up. You are about to have MANY very unsatisfied and disappointed customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Comcast TV is the worst!! I have been a customer with this company for ten plus years and every year lately since the last 5 years it gets worst and worst. The billing system/cycles are horrible, it's set up to charge late fees which is another way to get more money out of you. When calling customer service, they explain the policies and it doesn't make sense not even to the representatives working for the company. They tell you although you have provided payment information and set up an arrangement within the appropriate time frame, that it's NOT a promise to pay and turn your services off! I'm fed up with this company, I'll be taking my business elsewhere and will not be recommending them to anyone for any services they provide!

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs