1.68/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right cable & satellite TV provider for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

4807 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I honestly hate Comcast and their unreliable service. Between network outages and scheduled system, maintenance, the service I pay for never seems to work when I need it. I will never upgrade my service to include TV packages or phone because I pay for the most for the internet premium services and have it only select days of the week throughout the month. If you are able to get a different service provider I strongly recommend you do. With high hopes this horrible corporation will lose massive chunks of money. Maybe then their customer service would improve as well as their product services. ** Comcast!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Cable, phone and internet have been out for a full month after hurricane Irma. The trucks come out some days and do stuff, but they never fix the downed lines that still lay across the street. The service was spotty after the storm, but now it's out altogether. Comcast has made and broken three appointments to come out and check my lines. The fourth appointment was missed because they lied to me when scheduling a home visit. They might promise a text or call before the technician arrives, but don't expect enough notice to make sure you can be there unless you are waiting around for them. Their line repair trucks only give a 12 hour repair window, and they never contact the customer to verify their appointment. I highly recommend that you NEVER consider paying Comcast cable for their services, and I will certainly dump them when the CURRENT 2 YEAR CONTRACT runs out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I discontinued my Comcast Cable Service almost a month ago and stopped autopay but they keep withdrawing funds. I spent almost 2 hours today with customer service trying to get a final bill and find out why they are withdrawing funds without my permission. They kept telling me to "wait as they were checking into it." Then they would ask a stupid question like "Can I have the address?" which I provided a total of 3 times! Then they would tell me not to worry about it as I should be receiving a statement in a couple of weeks.

I ask again to see my bill but was told it wasn't available online since my account was closed. I then ask to have it emailed to me but was told they didn't have the ability to email (ironic, right?). Despite multiple attempts they never commented on why they just withdrew $143 from my credit card last week. Finally I was instructed to go into a Comcast store so they could print out my bill. When I ask where one was located I was directed to a location almost 50 miles away! Seriously?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The worst cable company, bar none!!! Billing and tech support hate each other, the whole company is a joke and the only way to get something done is by calling corporate, which should not be the case!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Comcast provides a good range of stations and they are good to troubleshoot but where they fall down is when you try to explain things to them and you are talking to someone in India, Pakistan or the Philippines and they have no idea about what you're telling them. Right now we are in our summer home but when we get back to Tucson it's gonna be goodbye Comcast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Signal drops from time to time, much like using Satellite TV. Also, sometimes have to clear cache on router to get the remote to work. But overall, customer service is great when dealing with technical issues.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Our cable service is constantly dropping out, our internet is weak and inconsistent. We pay nearly $150 a month in addition to our condo association paying a basic fee for all owners. We have had Comcast at the house several times and not one service person was able to find a problem. When owners from our development call we all get different answers on what our package includes, and getting to those answers requires spending an hour on the phone and speaking to at least 3 different people. I wish we had other "better" options.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I don't like Comcast as a company but there are no other ISPs to choose from in my area that offer the speed that we need. Our speeds are constantly slowing down to 20mbps and we pay for 200mbps. Each time this happens I have to restart the router to get it back to 200 and it drives me nuts because it takes my family offline for 10 mins every time. This happens once or twice a week so I have to constantly monitor it manually to make sure it hasn't dropped back down to 20-40mbps. I want MORE CHOICES for ISPs.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I feel that my charges for service can't be correct because it's different every month. Calling Comcast does not help though. I need a "set amount" to pay monthly.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Comcast are very expensive. I don't know what most of the fees are. When I need help or call it takes a long time to get through to customer service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Price increase too often, and fewer channels included. You can't pick the channels you want so you have to pay for the ones you don't use. Overall it's not that great service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had a contract for 2 years with Comcast. I was told that if ever decided to terminate my contract before the 2 years that I had to pay a fee of $110.00 for each year. I had Comcast for a year. During hurricane Irma I list Internet and cable service. I was told by a Comcast representative that I was going to get a credit of $64.00. Unfortunately I was told to move out and I have no place to go and had no choice but to terminate my contract. My due date for the next service was on October 10, 2017 which Comcast charge a month prior to service. They sent me a bill of 217.00. I called to ask them to reimburse the credit of $64.00.

The representative said they don't return any money and I said, "Well I need to be given credit of $64.00 so can you please deduct that credit from my termination fee." He said, "I'm sorry but you were given the credit already." He said that I was supposed to pay on October the 10, 2017 $149.00 which was my monthly fee for the cable/Internet service and I return the equipment on October 3, 2017 so where is my credit which I had previously paid and didn't have service on during and after Hurricane Irma. RIPOFF. NEVER AGAIN COMCAST. THEY ARE DEAD TO ME.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I was duped into a technicality in a contract with Xfinity. I moved home after military service fully intending to bring along and use my Xfinity service, which I liked. When I arrived I was told Xfinity could not service my location, that my service would be terminated and backdated to the date I moved out and I would have a credit on my account. I was thrilled at that moment how smoothly the transition went and sad I had to lose Xfinity. I was in a temp rental at the time which only provided AT&T so I figured when I moved maybe I could get it back. Then a couple weeks later Xfinity direct debited my account for over $600! I called to find out it was an early termination fee. After further discussion a representative named Princess told me I had signed a contract stating if I moved out of their service area I would have to pay and I should have moved to an area that they serviced! My jaw dropped.

I called my bank which is awesome and they said it was not right. They returned my money and started an investigation. A month later I thought all was good then I started getting letters and calls from collections to collect $560. I called Xfinity again only to speak to a lady who this time said that it was an invalid charge as I did not cancel but they could not provide me service. She stated the issue would be cleared from my account and she would notify collections that it was an invalid charge. Two weeks later collections is calling me again. Xfinity coming after me for $560!

I called again and was sent to the highest level for over an hour of discussing. Relentless, they would not give up until the money was squeezed out of me. Given their multiple mistakes in telling me my account was cleared and even being told at one time I was getting a credit they decreased what I had to pay down to under $200. I was still not happy with that but I begrudgingly paid to protect my credit. I am now in a home that Xfinity services. You tell me, would you come back to them after that?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The packages are one price, then continuously climb in price. No matter who you talk to, there is always a political answer that does not answer your question.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Pay over 165 dollars for just basic TV. Why too high for too low TV. Just want extended basic for a lower price. No move Channels wanted.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Bring customer service back to the US. I am tired of trying to deal with people who only follow a script and often do not provide any support. English is not their first language and they often have to repeat a request or question back to the caller.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Comcast is the only cable provider in this area... I have no choice. I do not like their channel selection... I pay for hundreds of channels I do not watch. The reception is sketchy sometimes, and the x1 platform/Dvr botches recordings a lot.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Internet speed is abysmal. When you have bundled internet, telephone and television, you expect more responsive service, especially if it is needed immediately. In all fairness, we had Frontier previously and the service wasn't any better.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I moved from one apt. to another. The bill was paid up. But they added charges so after my 2yr. over I selected to end service which in March they turn off but carried service as if connected. I paid my 85.00 bill and they claimed I owed 125.00. Sent to collection but I never been disconnected from service in my 4yrs of service which started in 2015 Groveland MA so they file a false report. I disputed it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My biggest gripe: Every year when my contract is about to expire, the price goes up significantly. I then have to renegotiate the bill in order to keep the amount the same. I always get a song and a dance until I threaten to cancel the service and then the representative and I see eye to eye.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

No upgrading equipment once contract is signed. If equipment doesn't work you have to go to their stores to exchange equipment. Their streaming software often doesn't work either. Very expense and no customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have enjoyed having Comcast. I love the stations I have and I look at what I want. I love Netflix and be able to look at the movies on a larger screen rather than a tablet or phone. It is great!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Worse than DirecTV. I do have a local customer rep and she's been great. But everything else has been awful. One thing that surprised me is Comcast's HD isn't any sharper than satellite.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Being with Comcast for over 20+ years makes no difference on the price you pay. The pick 3 for $99.00 is great for 24 months, then it creeps up to $150.00+. That's for basic TV, no frill internet, and phone. You have to give up your first born to get a break on the rates. Now - there will be a price increase because more people are moving to town and will be watching more sports channels. Seems like a no-brainer that the additional subscribers will pay for the increase?? Connection outside my house with the new dual-band modem is nonexistent.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Should not charge when they come to set up equipment. Never told me on phone about charge & tech said no charge & then charged me. I called, only credit me half of charge. Don't think I should have been charged for anything.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

The extra fees are a bit much. I ordered a package at 149/mo, but the bill is 30 more each month! I wish that they had been more upfront, I thought I had asked all the right questions, but I didn't. If it was just me, I would not have TV as I rarely watch it, but other people in the house do.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been transferred 3 times during the same call and in every call. The first agent was not paying attention at all and was very distracted doing something else. I get that agents work with more than one customer at the same time but if you are not able to handle it don't do it. Then another agent transferred me without letting me know and the next one just asked "how may I help you..." and all the security questions again. Really??? After almost one hour on the phone I got service. Then as soon as the call finished, I lost the Internet again and when recalled them, they told me that the previous agent canceled my service... OMG this is simply too much.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

They have a nice variety of channels to choose from and you don't have too many service interruptions. However, services are too high. They should charge less for their services.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The day you receive your bill in the mail their auto dialer starts calling and will call between 12 to 15 time a day. This is even before the due date of bill. It is harassment.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

First of all, I thought cable tv was supposed to be commercial free tv but you have more infomercials than tv shows. And another thing is that I only watch about five channels. So why should I have to pay for all those other channels that I don't even watch. Let me pay for what I watch.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.
    • Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.
    • Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.
    • Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.
    • Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.
    • Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs