Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

PROS

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

CONS

• Service can be pricey

Top Comcast Cable Service Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Cable Service?

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user friendly. To top it off the price is right!

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a month (or longer) then cancel without penalty.

Comcast Cable Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Comcast Cable Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Cable Service?

Original review: July 7, 2020

I had a series of problems w/ Comcast. Tech had to use my ladder, couldn't get the line in my house, then couldn't wire my bedroom. They still charge for installation.They raised my bill regularly, have to rent their boxes. Internet went slow, cable went out every 2 weeks. Tv remote is slow. They hit me late fees and you have to pay a service fee to pay them by phone. It's a nightmare I'm so glad to be free of it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Write a letter to the chairman of the board about crappy service then wait and see how crappy it gets then. TV remotes go out even though they say they will fix it. Internet is going in and out all day along. Still waiting on the so-called reset signal from 2 days ago.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2020

We recently had a terrible experience moving our services. We called a couple weeks out from our move and requested that our services be transferred as is. Our services included internet, tv, and security. We were told that our security system was not able to be moved at this time due to COVID, but once restrictions ease up someone could come install it. In the meantime our bill would be lowered to reflect the exclusion of the security services. We confirmed that all other services would remain the same and scheduled our transfer for our moving day. We were told all we had to do was plug and play and everything would transfer smoothly.

The day after our moving day, so one day after our services were set to be transferred, we still could not get any signal on our tv or internet. We spent hours on with a customer service agent to correct this, who informed us that we never had a transfer initiated in the system and we had to start from scratch, plus then correct all errors that occurred in the system while trying to boot. So about 2 hours later we finally have services up and running.

We noticed that several of our channels we subscribed to were no longer included in our tv channel offerings. We just spoke with a customer service representative who informed us that since we (unwillingly) cancelled our security service, several channels were removed and our internet speed downgraded. After we were told that all services would remain the same aside from having to wait for our security system to be installed. We were then offered to pay an extra $25 a month to reinstate these missing channels and internet speed. What kind of customer service is this???? Luckily our new home has a Dish HD already installed, so we will soon be seeking services elsewhere.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I feel sorry for anyone who has no choice in their area and must use Comcast. In July 2015 we first subscribed, wasn't bad at first, then the price started up to over $200 a month, then cable issues started with several trip to the local store for swap outs. Customer service was worse than any cable company I've dealt with since I first got cable TV back in 1981. Skip ahead to May 2020, many many problems later...then first call around May 20th (it's now June 29th) no service, we were lucky to get an appt next day, Friday 4-6pm, got a ticket number and confirmation, come 6pm no cable man, called up, no record of us having an appt, they couldn't find the ticker number, said they would be here the following Tuesday, sure enough he did show up 4-6 window, said the problem was not the boxes like we were told by the online troubleshooter, it was the outside wiring, he fixed it, next day no TV, same problem.

Numerous calls later and several days later, several run arounds later - like holding for an hour for the supervisor only to have the agent say "I'm sorry but we can't locate a supervisor. There must not be one here tonight..." Every day, every time we turn on the TV, we get "remote not working...unpair remote..." and that is a 10 minute process to verify and reboot. On the second remote box, every day every time we turn it on we get "there is a problem that require a reset...reset all now..." Zip ahead till today, about 35 days from the first call...as of this second I've Been on hold 52 minutes....waiting on the next customer service rep! Please save yourself the problems and get Dish Network and only get Internet from Comcast.

Original review: June 28, 2020

11/22/15~I ~ Issues on TV~phone~internet.. 70 techs ~1 mgr~3 asst mgrs here.. March 2019 biz tech 3 mos in told 2 mgrs in Toms River underground cable was bad!.. Never done, J ** has no service here!!

Original review: June 28, 2020

Comcast continually drops my phone, cable, or internet. They have been dropping my internet today and the cable is pixellating and dropping audio. I have been with them over 31 years and have had trouble since the beginning. It took them years to even get close on the billing and I have to call them at least a dozen times every month. Three of my neighbors have switched that I know and I am about ready to go too. The foreign agents read a script and don't hear what you say. It's very frustrating.

Resolution response: June 25, 2020

I initially left a very negative review of Comcast because I had a very negative experience with a manager by the name of Carlos. Like so many others, I am a remote worker, and after a particularly harsh thunderstorm, we lost our cable, internet, phone lines, and most anything tied to Comcast. It made no sense as our neighbors and everyone near us had all their services come back on. Yet ours remained null and void. When I called Comcast customer service, I got two different stories from two different people until I ended up with Carlos, the manager. He told me they might be able to send me a technician in a couple of days. Being a remote worker who depended on meeting deadlines and having access to the internet to help me meet those deadlines, I thought that was such an uncaring response.

Perhaps it was the best he could do but to be so cavalier about it after being on hold for 48 minutes, and then it was more of a 'whatever' moment. I took his whatever moment and wrote everyone I could think to write on a tiny iPhone with many grammatical errors and typos, but I was determined to tell others what happened. In the end, I did get a response. We ended up with a very kind and knowledgeable technician named Christian, who even though he wore a mask, had a massive smile behind it and found the problem in about thirty minutes. Within an hour, he was done. He completely two re-boots just to make sure everything was up and running before he left, and he still had his smile on behind the white mask when he left.

Every once in awhile, if we are lucky, we get a repair person who actually cares about their job, their customer, the company they work for, and the skills they deploy when performing their job each and every day. Yesterday we were lucky enough to get that person, and his name was Christian, who was a technician from Xfinity - Comcast.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Please forgive any grammar or mistakes I make in run on sentences or spelling along the way in my brief message to them as I try not to use my smart phone because I’m not a good speed demon texting as my four children. I had a disturbing phone encounter with Carlo - One of Xfinity managers yesterday and it bears letting you know. I’m an SEO writer by trade and I try hard to provide for my family remotely as many are doing during these trying times.

My cable, internet and phone went out. After being out for three hours I called Xfinity. They put me on hold for 48 minutes where I was told by two completely different stories by two completely differently customer service representatives I was put on hold yet again. That’s when I got Carlo. He informed me that it didn’t matter what I was told. I would be seen 2 DAYS from now sometime when Xfinity could fit it in between let’s say 11-1? Reallyyyyy? 2 days?? When I work remotely to make a living? He said, "Yes. That’s right. That’s the best I can do."

So I make my living telling others stories about many companies and people that go the extra mile in making a difference one day or one story at a time. These companies don’t have big bank accounts like Xfinity or drive fancy cars or go to the fancy benefits. But the companies I write about have more heart. They open up, let in their customers and enjoy their customers' lives which sadly it seems Xfinity forgot along the way.

I’m ashamed we carry xfinity in our home for want of anything better in League City. But one day there will be a better company that comes along and we will move on over to your competitor. In the meantime, I will make it one of missions in life to share my story of yesterday with others and how Xfinity’s lack of compassion Of Carlo, xfinity, your customer service department towards women who are trying to empower themselves for their families and communities.

Sent from my iPhone
    FreeUp
    CroudControl
    TheHOTH
    K&R Management

Original review: June 21, 2020

Today, Father’s Day Comcast has turned off my service for late payment. With this pandemic of coronavirus and being on lockdown for months without enough money to pay bills they are lowdown and dirty.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I spoke with a representative on 5/20 and changed to a promotional billing option. I validated with the representative on multiple occasions that I was NOT changing the channel lineup and was assured I was not losing anything. Now I am being told that was not the case and that they had downgraded me and to get the stations I should have been getting it would cost me over $200/yr more but they were willing to give me a $90 credit to make up for it. So lying gets them over $100 more - no thank you it’s a scam and definitely bait and switch.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Comcast/Xfinity there is a reason why you only average 1 star. I would not even give you that. My account was hacked and Comcast has yet to fix my login. However they still are taking my money. Tried talking to a person, however it just routes you around until the recording says "Goodbye". When a company runs TV commercials to tell you how great they are...then they are doing damage control. This company has a history of poor service. Look at all the one star reviews.

Comcast Cable Service Company Information