3.8/5 (1253 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Top Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Verified

Xfinity by Comcast is great because it’s so easy to navigate and if you don’t want to do it yourself you can find anything using voice commands. The controller is simple and user ...

Verified

Kinda pricey but performs ... Never down; box records; box plays back. Selection works for me and if-and-when something interesting is on a premium channel I can buy it for a mont...

Comcast Xfinity cable plans

Xfinity offers five cable plans and flexible channel packs that let you purchase a more basic plan and choose select channels to add instead of getting stuck with a large number of channels you never watch. Most plans also include the ability to stream programming in the Xfinity Stream app as well as watch live TV. Xfinity’s plans are:

Choice Limited
The most basic plan offered by Xfinity consists of 10 channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. It also provides HD service and access to TV and movies in the Xfinity app.
Limited Basic
The Limited Basic package includes the same lineup as the Choice Limited plan and adds access to thousands of on-demand shows and movies.
Digital Starter
The Digital Starter plan is the first of the more robust plans offered by Xfinity. The plan features more than 100 channels, including popular channels like Bravo, HGTV, FX and TLC. It also includes access to more on-demand programming, the same in-app access offered at all levels of Xfinity cable service and the X1 voice-activated remote.
Digital Preferred
The Digital Preferred plan includes all features offered by the Digital Starter plan, but it jumps up to more than 200 channels. The additional channels include popular picks for sports fans, such as the NFL Network and the MLB Network.
Digital Premier
Digital Premier is the most extensive plan offered by Xfinity and provides more than 260 channels, including sports channels and premium movie channels like HBO. The plan offers the same features offered with lower-tier plans, including the voice-controlled remote and streaming app.

Xfinity bundling

You can bundle cable and internet with Xfinity to receive a price break on your services. As an example, the company's Standard plan includes 200 Mbps internet combined with its 125+ channel cable plan for $89.99 a month. Two comparable plans purchased separately would cost $100 a month.

Xfinity availability

Comcast coverage varies from state to state, and cable and internet services are not available in every state. You can see the full Xfinity coverage map or enter your ZIP code to verify service availability on the Xfinity website.

Xfinity offers at least partial availability in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Washington, D.C.

Xfinity price

Xfinity cable prices start at $30 a month and vary depending on the package you select. The cost is determined by the number of channels included and access to premium channels (like HBO and Showtime).

Package# of channelsStarting cost
Choice Limited10$30.00/mo
Limited Basic10$46.95/mo
Digital Starter140+$59.99/mo
Digital Preferred220+$69.99/mo
Digital Premier260+$84.99/mo

Xfinity contracts

Xfinity is popular for its no-contract options that let you enroll on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without paying a cancellation fee or penalty. However, some introductory rates or special deals may only apply if you enter a long-term contract with the company.

Comcast Xfinity internet FAQ

What is the difference between Comcast and Xfinity?
While you may sometimes see it presented as Comcast Xfinity, or simply Comcast or Xfinity, the two companies are the same. Xfinity is a division of Comcast Corporations, a parent company.
How long does it take to install Xfinity?
Installation generally takes two to four hours and is performed by an Xfinity technician.
Are there any Xfinity cable deals?
Xfinity runs regular promotions and often has attractive introductory offers good for the first 12 to 24 months of service. You can save money by bundling internet and cable service.
Can I get Xfinity with no contract?
Yes. You can get Xfinity cable or internet service without being locked into a long-term contract. However, many bundle offers are only available to those who sign a contract.

Is Comcast Xfinity good?

Xfinity is one of the largest cable and internet providers in the U.S. It offers a wide selection of programming and the option to customize your plan with flexible channel packs. The Xfinity Stream app is another advantage if you’re looking for a robust lineup of on-demand programming. While the monthly cost can be high with some packages, the company does often offer good introductory rates, and the no-contract option makes Xfinity particularly appealing.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Good company, customer service is ok, their techs like to make fun of their customer's house or tv instead of giving them a cable box. They ordered the tech bring them a box that doesn't work on the customer's tv.... When I ordered internet they wanted to sell me a phone without telling me it's an mvno from Verizon not exclusively Xfinity and the price is ridiculous.. paying for internet and phone is too much money. They should be honest and tell customers that their phones come from verizon towers and they are mvno and not xfinity.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

After several years of being an Xfinity customer we kept getting nickel and dimed, every month. This past month our bill jumped $30.00 with extra fees. We called and got someone from overseas to service us. It was a very long and frustrating process. We decided to shut our service down at the end of our billing cycle. They turned the cable off in the middle of our conversation, and even though they said they'd turn it back on it has yet to happen.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Feel like I'm being denied service. On Wednesday Nov. 16, 2022 I received a message when I used the on demand screen has a title that said something about replacing my box. I read this it said something in summary that my box needs t be replaced there doing some updates and that my box will stop working Dec. 6, 2002. No problem I know my box is old. I believe was next day Thursday when I called and mentioned that message and needed a replacement box. I believe it was Tuesday Nov. 21, 2022 that received the box from them. Get all hooked up as instructed and could not get the box to go past first 2 screens (welcome and something about loading).

So I called and explained this issue to a very helpful agent. She tried her best to help and after going thru multiple steps and getting help from others I think realized the box I was sent was the wrong box, it was a "secondary box" as explained to me meant it was if I had more than 1 (main box) and would not or couldn't be activated (my summary) I was assured that I would receive the correct box and not be charged shipping. I never got a emal or text saying anything about tracking or the order so I inquired thru there chat. At 11:52am Nov 23, 2022 I got Sagar who in brief assured me I would get the correct box.

Yesterday Thursday Nov. 24, 2022 not receiving any notification I reached out again about it I was assured again I would receive the " correct box" and that it would arrive today Nov. 25, 2022. Several people assured me I would get the box but still not received any notification (tracking). Call Friday Nov. 25, 2002 and get told that they see no order placed for this "correct box" and no box has arrived today. I was given a "order confirmation number" by Chris which I found out or was told was just the chat id session number Thursday.

I find out that to get this correct box I will need to change my plan, never mentioned to me prior by anyone else. Turns out from what I found in a statement in Sept. 20222, they changed the names for plans (or some plans). Doesn't sound like it should be a issue or problem with getting a box, just a name change to the plan. I was told that the only difference was I would not get one channel hitz I think, but rest would be the same channel wise, again doesn't seem like a problem. I was told my rate (amount paying would be the same) also. I would think it should just be a simple box swap and no change plan or channel wise minus 1 channel as told to me but got met with another delay, when I requested this matter be sent to me in the mail they send privacy policy (any changes or updated), channel guides etc.. By mail so I fail to see why this request was not allowed.

Not sure why this became a issue change box and the plan name change seems simple. I was basically told I would get no box and more or less be on my own after Dec. 6 2022, the date stated that my current box would not work due to updates on their system (summary). So in my opinion seems they will be denying me service past dec. 6 and not sending the correct box when I should of received the correct box to begin with no fault of my own here. I do not believe I should of been misled and sent the wrong box to have them deny sending the correct box when told that it was sent and I would receive it.

This request or requirement made Friday Nov. 25, 2022 if correct should of been told to me days ago and explained. I should of been given a tracking number or something for this box they said was sent never got one. I shouldn't be penalized for them not sending the correct box (one that would work) and don't believe I should be losing service as a result.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

There used to be Comcast offices within a few miles, however these have all been closed and one is forced to drive 30 miles or use the chat agent or phone options. A couple of buttons on the remote were not working properly, would have to press 5-10 times for it to transmit. So I tried to order a replacement via the chat agent. After 10-15 minutes I thought I was all set. However the Comcast agent then tried to walk me through setting up the existing remote for the TV. Again had to explain the problem. After confirming address etc., was advised there would be a $5.25 shipping charge. Advised that would be fine (thought to myself if Comcast was closing all the local offices they should bear the shipping costs).

Agent sent an email that I would need to click ‘Accept’ to complete the transaction. The email did not mention what it was for, what the charges would be, and was even trying to change my account to automatic billing. EMail did not appear to have anything to do with getting a replacement remote. Spent over half an hour and accomplished nothing. Instead purchased a new remote from Amazon. Frankly if one has another option for TV/Internet would advise to not use Comcast.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Worst customer service. They sent me the wrong equipment. I returned the equipment to the store, the store gave me a direct customer service number. I called and they sent me to another store. That store told me that no store in the state of Florida has wireless boxes as they have a shortage of them. He referred me to call customer service again. At this point I am paying for a service that is not being provided to me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Just upgraded my XFINITY TV box... Xfinity is now sending the XR15 remote control, replacing the XR11 model. The XR15 is much harder to use! The buttons have no "feel", and most of them are the same color black as the case. The button for the last viewed channel is identified by a left facing arrow. The button for the information screen is identified by a lower case script i. Confusing!

The main buttons for up, down, left, and right are stiff to operate, hard to find by feel, and are not backlit... In a dark room they are unidentifiable by sight or touch. This makes trying to locate and use them frustrating! The power button is very small, located just atop the channel up button, making it all too easy to change the channel while trying to turn off the power. It too is not backlit. Compared to the XR11, this XR15 is smaller over all, so all of the buttons are smaller. After my wife threatened to throw the XR15 thru a window, I placed an order for an XR11 controller thru a third party (Xfinity no longer offers the XR11). The XR15 will now go in a drawer until such time as I cancel Xfinity or get another upgrade.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

As a brand new customer, I am less than satisfied with how I have been treated by Xfinity! I bundled land line, internet, and TV service. I was told via phone by the rep. that there would be no installation fees/charges. I'm now being billed $39.99. (LIE # 1). The installation tech. that came out, spent 5 hours at my home, with 2 TV's not getting Xfinity service when leaving. The tech. said to buy any ROKU devices and they will allow my 2 TVs to get Xfinity service. (LIE # 2)

There are only certain ROKU's that are compatible with Xfinity streaming Beta. The tech. said that within 2 weeks that the orange cable he laid on the ground from the outside box to my home would be buried. (LIE # 3). When contacting Xfinity customer service they indicated that the tech. never put in a request to have the cable buried which was a month a go. My $140.00 bill is now $200.00. We are guessing that based on Xfinity's actions that they in fact do NOT want our business, as actions speak louder than words.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

My mother's Comcast cable box went dead last week, after very little help by phone we drove to another town and exchanged the box. In the set up instructions it says to go to Xfinity.com/activate. That website only has options to download an app on a mobile, she doesn't have mobile phone. When we call the pre-recorded message says there is an outage but her other tv and box is working fine so there is no outage. She pays over $1600 a year for cable and been a customer since 1972. I'm begging her to drop Comcast.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I am going to try to limit this review to the facts of my experience. I signed up for new cable and internet service in late May, 2022. I purchased my own router and had Xfinity mail me my cable boxes. I was able to set up one of the cable boxes, but when I started using it I noticed that several features weren't available, like recording shows and other DVR services. I called Xfinity and found out after talking with an associate that Xfinity had shipped me an extremely outdated cable box. The associate was shocked because it was a box that had been out of use for quite some time. So, I took the boxes to an Xfinity store where I was able to replace them with current version boxes. I was able to set up the primary box, but the second box was not working.

After calling Xfinity they sent out a technician to look at the issue. The technician wasn't able to figure out the problem but thought I might need a wireless box instead. The technician also said that the wireless box would work fine with my existing router. I went back to the Xfinity store and told them what the technician said, and the associate in the store told me he had submitted an order for a wireless box and that it would be shipped soon. Fast-forward a week or so and I hadn't received any order or shipment confirmations so I started a chat online with an Xfinity associate.

That person had no record of any order, the technician visit, or my visits to the store and was not able to help. I was transferred to another technician who said they would ship me the wireless box that I needed. Fast forward a few days, and a package arrived. They sent me an internet cable. No wireless TV box. I attempted calling Xfinity at this point but the robot lady on the phone wasn't able to answer my questions or get me to a live person so I started another chat. After chatting with several associates and asking for a supervisor, I finally got to a supervisor.

The supervisor said the issue all along was that I couldn't have a wireless TV box without an Xfinity router. The router costs about $14 per month because you have to rent it. I asked if they were absolutely certain that was the issue and had them confirm again that there was no way to use my existing router with the wireless TV box. The associate said he was absolutely certain. So I signed up for the router service. In a couple of days I received my shipment of the Xfinity router and wireless TV box. I decided to try to set up the TV box with my existing router just to see what would happen.

I got an error message on the TV and was told I needed to call a number on the screen. So I did, and after a long discussion the associate was able to get the TV box hooked up with my internet and it worked with my existing router. Xfinity is clearly trying to steal money from customers by claiming false information to make customers sign up for their router rental. My experience was just crazy. The support staff is largely incompetent and there is no record of prior discussions (or the staff is too incompetent to read the notes about prior discussions). Please be cautious when using Xfinity. They will lie to you in order to make a profit.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I have been a customer for 7 years. One day I wake up and have none of the channels. I called Comcast they go through the normal procedures to fix the issue. After four different Representatives I am told that the package I purchased in 2016 no longer exists so I have no cable channels. All I have is basic. If I want my channels restored I have to pay an additional $40 a month. The package I had was affordable and I told them I could not pay any additional. If I were to cancel cable altogether just to have internet I would be paying the same amount. Basically my hands are tied in order to continue work I have to keep the internet. But now I have no cable channels.

I am confused as to how you can do this to someone who's been a customer for 7 years. Did they think I was just going to say oh I will gladly give you $40 more a month. No sorry it doesn't work like that. People work hard for their money and this is not fair. And I'm wondering if it is not illegal. Very very unhappy with comcast.. Wondering if maybe I should hire an attorney.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information