Comcast Cable Service
1.65/5
Based on 575 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Comcast Cable Service

5217 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Went to 918 West Broad Street to pick up equipment for my son to start service, the clerk was very rude and said she had the DVR but not the modem and 1 would not work without the other. As I ponder what to do she rudely asked... "Do you want the DVR or not?" She advised that I go to the Short Pump location which is at least 15 miles from that location to pick up the equipment. I went there and they didn't open until 9 a.m., and it was set up like a cell phone store. An associate checked me in and while I waited for other customers to purchase cell phone waited, and waited.

While waiting another associate came in and asked if I had been checked in, then the two checkers stood there and conversed while I waited for over 35 min... I ended up leaving because I had to make it to work on time. To make matters worse, I called, spoke to an associate who offered to mail the equipment in 3 to 5 days, which is extremely unacceptable because if you are told you can pick it up it should be readily acceptable at any location. I spoke to a manager who had no resolution at all but to send me to another location that closes at 7 p.m. This company really need to work on their Customer Service Skills including resolving issues effectively. They don't deserve any stars.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I called Comcast in August 2017 to start services at my new address. That phone call in itself was a nightmare, as the rep keep trying to badger me into more products and kept me on the phone for 50 minutes. First of all they said I had to take triple play because double play is not available, but don't worry because triple play is actually cheaper. I do not have a landline. In the end I am getting-Starter XF Double Play (notice it states double play) at a bundle discount of $69.99 Plus all the other charges ($11 modem rental, $7.75 broadcast TV, $6.75 regional sports fee, $1.89 taxes, fees, & surcharges). To begin with my bill should have been less than $100. But wait, you want HD channels-well that's a different box and that's $9.95 more!

I used to live in Nutley NJ, there we had a choice of cable providers. We had Optimum, HD channels were not charged extra. I wanted to switch to Optimum after my current complaint. Optimum told me that cable companies can't overlap service areas, what? They did in Nutley. So Comcast has a monopoly here in Hackettstown, no competition, how is that fair?

So, here is the current problem with Comcast-up until July 2018, my bill was $107.33 (it had gone up about $4 within the year). I just got my August bill and it's $157.88! I called them and read them my previous (July) bill, which states BUNDLED SERVICES: Starter XF Double Play 07/16-08/15 129.22 includes digital starter and performance internet. Promotional Discount 07/16-08/15. The end date of your promotion is 08/15/20. Promotional Discount 07/16-08/15. The end date of your promotion is 08/15/18. Bundle Discount -59.23. TOTAL Bundled Services 69.99 (plus the other charges, total 107.33).

This is what I was told my price would be-period, by the rep when I signed up in August 2017 and was told that I could cancel at any time. So now my current bill for Starter XF double play bundle is 119.99 (plus the other charges, total 157.88). First I did online chat with customer service, that was a waste of time. Then I spoke to a rep. I told him that my previous statements shows ONE discount, therefore those promo end dates refer to that discount, since there is no other explanation defined on my statement.

The rep said I was wrong, that I have a second promo which ends 8/15/19 where my bundle cost is 119.99 (plus the other charges, total 157.88) And a third promo which ends 8/15/20 where my bundle is 129.99!!! (plus the other charges, total 167.88). Exactly where is that indicated on my previous statements??? Am I a mind reader? I also asked the rep- "How do you think my lawyer would interpret my previous statements which show ONE promo with a final end date of 8/15/20?" The rep couldn't answer that. He offered me another package that would TOTAL 124.00 and I would lose at least 6 channels. I declined his offer because I feel the only way to interpret my previous statements is that my discount is in effect until August of 2020.

My other complaint was that when I got my package the NFL channel was part of that package and one day it was just gone, I was told- "Sorry we moved that to a higher priced package." Really, you can just take things out of a package a customer signed up for? Overall Comcast has very poor written and verbal communications. If there was to be a second and third promo cost it should have been outlined that way on my statements. I don't feel I'm wrong. I do not like Comcast and they have to stop taking advantage of their customers!!!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

** service, I call them to cancel, they give me **, I hang up. Call again, person barely speaks English, tells me I have to pay 43$ to make any changes to my account, I ask to get transferred to another person. Next person gives me ** for not being able to afford the 87$ plan they're trying to charge me.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We have been with Comcast since 2016, in that time we have had more issues with them than we ever did with DirecTV in 15+ years. At one point I thought I signed up for a 24 month plan and six months into, my bill jumped over $150. Come to find out I wasn't on a 24 month plan and then got talked into a 24 month tv/internet/phone/home bundle, we tried to downgrade six months into and were successful but I thought the phone and home security were being removed, come to find out the home security wasn't.

Now for the services I receive, they are sub-par. The boxes in our bedrooms are constantly needing unplugged, rebooted, claiming it can't connect to the DVR box, etc. The internet comes in spurts, sometimes it's great and then sometimes it just randomly goes out. Our DVR box has had to be replaced twice because it was fried during an electrical storm. We have it plugged into a surge protector but it still went out on us and we had to have a technician come out to replace it twice. Come to find out they didn't properly ground the wiring which is likely the cause for the boxes getting damaged during an lightning storm. When we first got our service they had to a run a wire from the box at the road to the house, it took them 4-5 months to get someone out here to bury the wire. I had to constantly check up on it and at first they weren't even showing it was on the list to have the contractor come out to do it.

We live in an established neighborhood within city limits so there were already a lot of Comcast customers in our neighborhood. Just the price we have paid for their services and the services they have provided, it just seems excessive and I feel they have been in breach of their contract with regards to the services they are supposed to provide. They did tell me that I could have technicians come out and check things when they go wrong but I can't sit around taking time away from work to let the Comcast technician come to my home every time I have an issue, or sit on the phone with them each time the boxes in other rooms cannot connect to the DVR box. I know they have early termination fees but if you are not getting the services you expected from them and they are not holding up their end of the agreement, why is the customer the one that has to suffer from the relationship?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Internet down, we were informed that is was a local outage. Never notified outage was corrected, so we called several times. Still down after a week even though outsourced script reading customer service says outage is fixed. Informed we need to schedule an appointment with a 4 hour window to wait on them, miss work etc. This morning I talked to a Comcast tech sitting in a service van at a convenience store parking lot. He was playing video games on his iPad when I walked up to his window. He told me there is no other way to communicate with Comcast other than through the outsourced poor English speaking script reading center. He said that they should of given us a 2 hour window instead of a 4 hour window.

I ask if he could go fix our problem right now since he was sitting playing video games but he said no, he had to be dispatched. (Probably through the outsourced call center). This pretty much explains why Comcast sucks in customer service. They have no idea how bad the process is, what their techs are doing, nor do they care. We have requested a credit on our bill of 25% because we have had no service for a week (and still don't). I will be shocked if I ever see 1 penny of credit, charging us for a product that has not been delivered.

My next step is to get my GoPro and find their vans parked wasting time, playing video games, I'm going to interview the techs on camera and post on YouTube. Maybe this will somehow get to someone who actually gives a ** at Comcast, as it cannot be screened through their outsourced-poor language skilled-script reading-ineffective-don't give a ** call center.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Five years ago I complained to Comcast monthly charges not being the same as the amount I was told to pay. After several months of auditing I found a $2.50 average excess tax charge being billed monthly. This caused the next monthly bill to always have a delinquent balance carried forward. After calling and complaining, each month I have been given a credit for this excess tax. This allowed Comcast to charge millions of dollars to their customers throughout the world. Today, there are three to four random $8.00 to $18.00 additional Comcast charges being added to my monthly bill. The excess tax fee is still being credited, however now there is a $10.00 late fee added to my bundled monthly charges, that carries over as an unpaid balance forward. This could be a massive class action lawsuit for overcharging.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I am being charged a $250 charge for leaving Comcast because I had a verbal agreement (which I don't remember) for another year with them. Meanwhile, I've been with them for years! The only reason I am leaving is because I got DirecTV so my husband could watch his favorite football team which isn't in the city we live in. I might have gone back to them one day because I liked Comcast better than DirecTV but I won't now... Don't they understand what Customer Service is all about???

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Check your bills. Scumbags charge you for free broadcast TV! Look at your bill! $7.50 a month. I have been charged since 2014 to watch something that is free! Scumbags! I want my money back. I have an antenna and dont even use your TV services! I proudly cut the slime cord today! Free TV you pay for??? What?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They called me to offer me a promotion but neglected to tell me that the new promotion would actually give me fewer channels and slower internet (they promised faster internet). Then after multiple promised credits and several complaints, they changed my one year agreement to a two year agreement without my consent. They did this right before the expiration of the garbage promotion they scammed me into. They don’t even deserve the one star you're forcing me to give them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been contacted twice in the past several months by Comcast telemarketers attempting to sell me additional services. Last month I agreed to an "upgrade" which was marketed to me as "more channels for less money". I had to pay for the install of these "upgraded" services because they say my modem was not sufficient to support the new package. I noticed that some of the channels I watch now say that I need "to subscribe" to receive those channels.

When I contacted Comcast customer service, I was advised that these channels are not included in my "upgraded" package. They offered to "downgrade" me back to my previous package for more money and less services. I am still paying off the installation of the new modem. One star is far too high of a rating for such an unethical organization who monopolize service areas to prevent subscribers to be able to go elsewhere. The only way to get rid of them is to relocate to an area that offers alternatives.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Comcast Xfinity advertises that they make moving your cable & internet services easy - my move with Xfinity was absolutely terrible! After going to an Xfinity center in person over a month in advance to arrange all the details of my move in services, I moved just across town & found that I had NO services set up. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Xfinity customer service getting passed around to a string of incompetent people who kept giving me different answers as to what the problem was, none of which were correct, then a service technician was finally sent out to establish service at our new home.

Five months later - I receive a bill from a credit collection agency from Comcast, although I've been establish online for quite some time now with my Comcast Xfinity account and paying my bill every month with no notification of an outstanding unpaid amount & no problems. So back on the phone with Xfinity customer service, getting passed around to a string of incompetent representatives who have no idea why I wasn't notified about the outstanding bill, and express not ONE OUNCE of concern that I'm upset they've sent a bill I wasn't even notified about to a collection agency.

I then went directly to the Xfinity Center close to my new home in Highlands Ranch, CO, requesting a manager because I had a complaint. I was simply passed off to the the next customer service representative who was completely curt, smug & unapologetic about my concerns - but did explain that the reason I did not receive the final bill & it did go to collections is because they were ultimately unable to transfer my account & services when I moved, so they had established a new account & services in order to get my full Xfinity services to work at my new home. According to this customer service rep, that wasn't really Comcast Xfinity's fault, just an unusual circumstance they had no control of!! This company has completely incompetent & terrible customer service representatives - and they ARE NOT set up to transfer services well when you move.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

If I could give this company 0 stars I would. They provide sub-par internet and cable service as well as horrible customer service. Their service is constantly going in and out, tons of outages, and for the money they charge they should be able to move their call center to the US. My latest beef with them came after they charged my account an additional $26 a month after they have been raising the price slowly for the last 2 years. I've swallowed the pill and paid the bill. So when I questioned them about it, they claimed it was a discount that I had on my bill that expired a year ago. They think we're stupid. Our bill has been the same for the last 1-1/2 years and now the 1 year discount expired? How am I getting a discount if my rate has been going up for the last few years and NOW it's going up again another $26.

This is highway robbery and my family has decided to get rid of this ** company. I hope that more people do it and their market share drops and they will be forced to go back to their old prices. Paying over $200 in cable and internet is beyond ridiculous. It's a shame that after 15 years, they don't recognize their loyal customers.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Comcast has gotten away from what built their company which is offering good customer service. When I first opened my account, the man entering my information, entered it incorrectly so now every time I have to call them it is literally a 3 hour ordeal and not only that, they do not solve my problem. Why I am writing today is because it has been several months and way too many hours holding to count so I wanted to express to others that if there is another option for service in your area, take it!!! They make the sale and make sure they are able to bill you monthly, after that you will need a lot of good luck to get even the simplest problem fixed.

Expect when you call into Comcast to spend at least 5 minutes on the phone with a computer offering options that are not what you need, then you answer all the questions again that you had to for the computer which will take a little bit after you finally get a person on the phone. I would not use their service if I did not have to, where I live they have strong armed the market and are my only option. I wish you all the best and hope this was a help to others.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I would not give any stars if possible. Customer service reps offer packages at one price with misleading info about it, then deliver with lesser service at a higher price. When you try to go back to original package, you are told that it is not available at the price once paid. Now paying more for the same original package. Trying to speak with reps and supervisors takes HOURS. If there are any other TV/ internet options besides Xfinity, take them!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been harassed by Comcast every 2 weeks for the past 4 months. I make my payments ahead of time every month and they continuously funnel to an address where I haven’t had service in over a year. I call and they pretend to resolve the issue. The next day my service is off. I spent 3.5 hours on hold on Friday and the next hour being switched from one clueless department to the next. In using the chat option, I just get some bonehead asking me my name and address over and over again. Comcast is just money vacuum who cares zero about their customers because they don’t have. If you can go anywhere please do. If DirecTV could supply internet, I would go to them. Do FIOS if you can. Comcast is nothing but an overpriced nightmare.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I review my credit report once a year to enjoy the federal free credit report program. So, early this month of July, I opened up the credit report and was surprised to see a collection in my credit report from Comcast for $1119 posted in June of this year. I was shocked but at the same time confident because the collection came from a reputable like Comcast and thought that it would be easily resolved once I notify the collection agency about the wrong transaction. So, I called the collection agency (Diversified Consultants) who informed me that an account was opened with my information somewhere in South side of Chicago, IL (9201 S. Paxton Ave).

I told the representative that it was not me and he was apologetic and promised to file in a report to that effect. On Experian website, I also contested the transaction and they promised to investigate it and get back to me as soon as possible. Two weeks later, on Thursday 7/19/18, I received a notice from Experian and when I checked the report, I was shocked to see that Comcast reposted the debt in my credit report and confirmed that they were right about the posting. I got annoyed. So, I called Comcast customer service directly to lodge the complaint and check to see if there were accounts with them in my name. The representative told me there were no other accounts but I had to talk to their billing department for further help. I got transferred to the billing dept and gave my information.

The representative asked me for the address of where the service took place and I told him that I didn’t know and he said he would not be able to pull up the account if I couldn’t give the address. Then I said, Comcast is the one alleging that I am owing them, it is their duty to provide all relevant information. He said NO, it doesn’t work like that and he said I should go back to the collection agency to get the address. So, I called the collection agency again and the representative gave me the address. He also said that I could file a complaint with Comcast Fraud Department by visiting xfinity.com/fraudclaimform. I went back to Comcast customer service billing dept and gave them the address and that was how I was able the account and phone numbers associated with this debt.

Then I went to the website, downloaded and completed the forms. After faxing over the documents, I called them back to make sure they received it, the representative said it would take 72 hours for them to confirm receipt of the documents. So, on the fifth day which was Monday 7/23/18 when I didn’t heard from them, I called the fraud dept just to make sure that they received the documents I faxed to them. After giving the representative my phone number, he said yes they received the documents but the documents are not valid because I didn’t include any bill within October 2017 and Jan 2018. I asked him if they saw the copy of the state driver’s license that was issued far back in 2015 to expire in 2019, he said they cannot work on that. This is, no doubt, a big insult.

Comcast is protecting criminals, otherwise, how can they say that a complainant’s state driver’s license is not recognized in a fraud case? I will not be surprised if Comcast itself used my information in their system to open the fictitious account because I used Comcast some time in 2004. Yes, this company no longer carries my respect. I will explore ways to solve this case and will post the outcome.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Comcast has the WORST customer service and when you ask for a supervisor they are just as WORSE! They double charge and then deny they do so, and make you wait over a week to get your funds released. I would rather have DirecTV. At least their customer service isn't as bad. Price isn't worth COMCAST. The headache and stress, you will want to just cancel everytime you speak with them. STAY AWAY!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have had multiple conversations with customer service, billing and the solutions department in regards to a bill. When I had set up service initially I had set up service at 265 Centre Ave but the day the installer came he called me and said no one is answering the door. I said impossible because I'm home. After going outside I found the installer next door at 267 Centre Ave. He stated he had the wrong address but was able to fix it and assured me there would be no issues. After a couple weeks of my service frequently going in and out of service I called to complain. On that phone call I was told the reason my service keeps getting interrupted is because they have service set up for me at 267 Centre Ave and when they ping the boxes there is no response which makes sense why my service kept getting interrupted.

The woman that day was the best agent your company has! She not only corrected the address but also compensated me for the inconvenience. After this (which was over 2 years ago) I had thought this was a done deal. All my bills came to the correct address and my service had improved so I never suspected any foul play. A couple months ago I went to buy a car (I'm a driver for a living so my credit is the world to me and my family) and to my surprise I had an account in collections which had decreased my credit rating and now was going to cost me more money on a monthly car payment!! Guess who the collections was from, COMCAST!!! After calling and arguing with Comcast’s customer service reps (6 hrs I was on the phone!) I was told that they could not find any accounts or past due bills in my name and suspected my identity had been stolen??

So I called the collections company and they were nice enough to give the account number from Comcast that I was in collections for. After calling Comcast back again and giving them the acct # then and only then did they acknowledge that they had this account in my name and in collections status. I asked them how could this have happened and I was told it was for a past due bill from the very first month I started my service? I asked how is that possible when I am currently a paying customer in good standing with the company. They couldn't answer me so then I asked what address is the bill for and guess what I was told, 267 CENTRE AVE!!!

COMCAST had me in collections for over 8 months destroying my credit for a clerical error and then wanted me to pay for it! I was able to PROVE (as if I was in court defending myself) that the serial #'s on the boxes that I had were never activated at 267 Centre Ave and then and only then did they correct that issue. I then had to dispute the collections with the credit bureaus to fix my credit and that took hours and days! After wasting hours and days of my time and not being able to drive and make a living to support my family (since I couldn't get the car I had initially wanted) I was told they would compensate me for my last month of service (yes I left and went elsewhere).

It has been over a month now and I am still being billed for the last month of service. I called to complain and was told they would call me back. After a week of no one calling me back I called back again. I was told again that someone would call me back and it has now been over week and no one has called me back!! Is this really how this company treats people?? You tarnish a person's credit, damage their livelihood, disrupt their earning ability and then make promises that are never kept??? I would expect more from a company of this statue. So sad!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I got a new Wi-Fi box in the mail stating that it would enhance the Wi-Fi. That was 2 weeks ago. Since then I have called a representative 8 times to actually get my wifi working. My Wi-Fi is online but the connection is so bad I can't even look at my messages, videos, calls. Literally anything is inaccessible. I have now had to call 10 times with no progress at all. They are now forcing me to pay for a technician to come out and fix this. Maybe instead of hiring foreigners with very little English training, maybe HIRE SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH FLUENTLY!! But of course that won't happen. Comcast is full off greedy ** who will try to make an extra penny cutting any corners they can, if you're debating on getting this cable provider DONT. They will only rip you off at any time they legally can. Terrible company run by terrible people. Go anywhere else. This company is a piece of **.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I had a sales rep Chap ** from sales ** come in offering a package that would update my system and he scheduled me to talk to a Robert **. Here is the story I got, "Jon, please send me the specs on your blue to headsets please?" The specs were sent, he said they were compatible. After about 45 days we received the proper phones. Guess what their engineers said? I need to talk to the "manufacturer of the Bluetooth headset" for a phone that is compatible for all Bluetooth headsets which I received from Comcast. I don't care about.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Comcast has been nothing but problem after problem after problem with incompetent customer service. I had Comcast installed in April 2018. They provided me with an outdated cable box so my picture on my tv was awful for weeks. They mailed a cable vs. an updated box indicating it would help the HD picture. They told me they would waive the shipping fee even though that was not the solution needed. I wasted another day waiting for the technician. The technician immediately said my box was not the one that should have been used for HD. The previous technician did not know that. UGH! My billing address was incorrectly attached to my account which it took over 4 phone calls to update. I was charged a late fee for incorrect billing due to expired credit card details. I had updated the details on the app which did not take. I was told they could not credit my account on customer service and that I had to pay my balance on the phone for a fee.

No word on the credit. I canceled HBO on the app. It did not get applied as a change (not surprising). I called to cancel two times and it finally was dropped but they refused to credit me for the date I made the change on the app. I was told that SHO was part of my package and tried to watch it yesterday and it was not part of package. Should I have to call, follow-up and basically be overcharged monthly for incorrect services? I have only been with them 4 months and it feels like eternity. They are overpriced and under deliver. They should be fined for erroneous billing errors, overcharging and get better customer service training. I wish Verizon Fios serviced the Illinois area as I had them for over 8 years in NJ and didn't have 1/10th of the problems over that span of time as I have had with Xfinity in 4 months.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Five months ago I approached Comcast about lowering my costs to match the price offered by Consolidated Cable. They agreed to give me $34 in discounts if I agree to a 2 year agreement. I did and they honored the agreement for 3 months. But recently they took the discounts away saying they were never promised to me even as I had proof they were giving them to me for months. When I showed the woman the bill she said those were errors and there is nothing that can be done and I’m cannot get out of my agreement.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Good evening. I'm writing you in regards to the fact that I've been a long time Xfinity cable customer and I found that it went from good to bad to worse. Also the fact that they have exceedingly increasing the fees they charged. A service call cost you $60 average. Overcharge on the premium Networks. I demand that Comcast wake up and smell the coffee and get with the program and stop overcharging its customers. One final note. I used to have the consumer customer Protection Program service protection plan for 695 but I was now informed that I will no longer be able to receive the service protection plan. Furthermore I'm highly infuriated at the fact that the way that you know the cable company needs to add the a la carte back to its list of items that they can I figure I'm hoping that you people here at Consumer Affairs can tell them exactly what's going on here.

I'm demanding something. Very kicked off. I'm on a fixed income. Get Social Security disability. You don't have a whole bunch of money to be spending on my entertainment but cable TV and the internet. Then please tell Xfinity you please get with the program. Stop boost in the prices. I'm supposed to CEOs. Can the three piece suits. This is ridiculous. Long-time customers should be treated with 100% respect. Also stop trying to charge. Can cut cable customers $60 to have a technician come out and change the converter boxes that were by Scientific Atlanta. I like them. They had the clock on it. Doesn't even have a clock.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Yesterday I called for a technician to come out and replace our cable as it was not working and our TV wouldn’t get a signal. They set it up for Wednesday 7-18-18. Today I called to cancel the appointment and they told me that only the acct holder (my husband) can cancel EVEN though I was the one that made the appointment... are you kidding?? Why did they let me make the appt? He said the gal should not have done that without verifying the account # which I don’t know since my working husband pays the bill.

So we’re going to be wasting Comcast’s time and mine for no reason because he is being so inflexible. You know he has the info right in front of him and I verified everything including address, last four of hubby's social, tele #, name of account holder and the fact that I was the one that made the appt and he had that info RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!! Poor customer service EVERY time I have to deal with them including ‘no shows’ with no notice or phone call or text!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I could not even make it past the install stage of Comcast. I put in an online order for new service with an install date 2 weeks in advance. I received confirmation emails username that my account was created. The day before my install, I called to confirm the time, and I was told my order was never completed on their end. I took a day off of work for an install that was never even going to happen. No phone call or email from them about any of this. I am now on hold with the 6th representative I have had to talk to without any resolution. Horrible company.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Do not trust Comcast. They offer "deals" with contracts, no extra fees/charges, then charge you increasing/additional charges. They will bill appropriately for a few months, then slowly work them into your bill. I have copied my original verbal agreement, recorded, and copies of unjustified billing to the CEO of Comcast. He sent my letters to regional managers to handle, who help initially, but not after the third time Comcast is called to task. Please explain a 911 service fee, when I've never used their phone service but was told it automatically has to come with the package. It's time the government gets involved!! DirecTV is the way to go.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I only tried Comcast and will never again going back. Not letting the customers know that their promotion date is coming up, my bill went up $50. I called right away to cancel and guess what? Please put this in mind before signing up thru Comcast, after cancelling your service they will still charged you for 2 months because they said you need to give them 60 days notice!!! That's a bunch of crap. Scammers!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Comcast has overcharged me $70 a month for months and this month $140. I have called repeatedly to get fixed and it still fails to get the problem fixed. I wonder if the Public Service Commission handles this kind of abuse. Looks Like it is time to find Out.

Original review: July 12, 2018

When I signed up for your service I went on a month to month basis because I was renting and didn't know if I would be there for two years being that is the length of time they said contracts were for. I was with Comcast for 21 months. When I canceled they charged me a $150.00 fee that they said was for breaking the contract. I asked them to show me the signed contract and they couldn't. I'm very unhappy with the way I was treated and would consider Comcast crooks the way they do business.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife and I purchased a home at the end of last year. Up to that point we were satisfied Xfinity customers. When we started the process of the move I contacted Xfinity customer service to inquire if a transfer of service was possible. In the course of the conversation I informed the operator that the home was a new construction. "Absolutely you can transfer your service!" The operator not only assured me that the service would resume in our new home but also said that because we were valued customers, we qualified to have cable, internet, phone and home security for $150.00 a month! So, of course I scheduled the installation.

Well the anticipated day arrived for our installation. The technician arrived on time as promised. However as he inspected our new home he informed us that the cable line ended two doors up the street from us! I informed the tech that this must be some mistake! Xfinity assured me that we had access! So, another conversation ensued with customer service.

(Fast forward 2 months later) I received a call from customer service inquiring why I had chosen not to remain an Xfinity customer? I relayed my story and told the operator that I would love to be an Xfinity customer again. Well lo and behold. I was told that we had access to cable now! Wow! Sign me up! So, again the tech showed up and again we were told that the line had not been extended. Only this time I found out that the Xfinity construction crews operate on their own schedules and the sales side of the house has no control over that schedule. And in most cases has no access to even find out what that schedule is! I found out this little fact while I was speaking with this latest technician. This nice man made inquiries to the corporate offices in Chicago and was informed that the line was to be extended by the end of the week. Guess what happened? Nothing.

So now, two weeks ago, I was strolling thru WalMart, minding my own business, when I was approached by Dave, the friendly neighborhood Xfinity sales representative. I related my story to Dave, who shook his head and expressed regret that I had not had a satisfactory experience. Dave then asked me if he could make inquiries on my behalf to find out if the cable was available. He made his call and beamed with pride as he informed me that indeed cable was now at my address! Yay! AND after signing me up for Xfinity, he put his personal phone number in my phone. With the assurance that if I had ANY issue a simple call to him would remedy the problem. Dave ordered my cable and internet equipment to be sent to my address.

Five days later the equipment arrived with detail instructions on set up. Three days later I finally had an opportunity to install my new equipment. Everything was going great UNTIL I had to rename my home network. So I called Dave, twice. He never answered (and to this date has never called me back to find out what the issue was, as he promised he would do.)

So I called customer service. This in itself was a nightmare and three calls later FINALLY I was speaking to an actual human. I told the technician of my problems and was promptly informed that the house was not connected to the cable network. The technician informed me further that this was an easy fix, it would only require that an installation technician would have to come to the house and complete the installation. For an additional $60 fee. AND I get to leave work to be at the house! So the day arrived when the tech came to the house. Guess what happened. Yes, the technician informed me that the cable line STILL has not been extended. Needless to say I am done!

Not sure about Comcast Cable Service?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Satellite and Cable TV Providers for you.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

PA
19103
www.xfinity.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business