Comcast Cable Service
1.66/5

Comcast Cable Service

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5474 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

In the middle of a job search I had to have TV and Internet, talking with customer (Dis) non-service I Explained my issue and WAS TOLD that if I move to a state that Comcast didn't serve I wouldn't be Charged the "Early Termination Fee," THEY FLAT OUT LIED. After 4 months I moved from Michigan to Texas, GOT A $220 EARLY TERMINATION "FEE", Even though they DON'T service my area. RUN FAR, RUN FAST, Satellite is BETTER, CHEAPER and Better Selection...

Original review: March 21, 2019

There is nothing about their service product or anything that doesn't bite. If you can get satellite it's cheaper and better. Their quality is poor but they have you locked in. They can't solve a problem without a price increase. Look at the fact that they don't respond to the BBB OR Consumer Reports. They have no response. They stink. They know it and they don't care. Call before you use them and pretend you have an issue they ignore you. I'd rather deal with the USPS and the DMV than Comcast.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 20, 2019

Turned on the T.V. (after the routine rebooting of the DVR) and discovered that unless I learn Spanish, I’m forced to guess what the categories for “on demand” are. Pathetic. Customer service? No habla.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Horrible customer service. They make fake offers and then when you call to question why are you being charged they claim that you were never offered it. I can't wait for my contract to be over. I should have stayed with what I had.

Original review: March 16, 2019

If you can avoid this company as a provider, I would recommend it. It is impossible to get timely responses to broken service outages. On Demand is frequently out, at least several times per week. Near two hour waits trying to reach chat representatives, only to be disconnected from chat. Automated computer canned responses from the chat department. 72 hour waits for them to even look ok at your ticket and then an additional day, or several days to get them to address issues. $10 a day credit for lost service, not even close to how much 4 premium channels are costing one per day day while one waits for service repairs.

We once waited for nearly a year for them to correct an issue that left us without any audio on 7 channels. Tech that don’t show up on weekends, while you wait for hours. The internet speed is often slower than dial up for great portions of the day. They are an abhorrent company without a sense of conscience, with a near 96% profit margin. One can create a profit margin to such a degree, by providing almost no customer service, and paying their employees an obscenely low pay rate. The tech staff are paid less than $13 an hour.

Their workers ac are lovely and hardworking, it is not their fault. That’s not the issue here. The problem stems from the company’s administrative tenets. They survive due to aggressive monopolies in their service regions. If customers could patronize alternative companies, they gladly would. Someone should initiate a class action suit against Comcast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Got rid of Comcast 30 years ago because of double billing and nickel and dime increases. Decided to try Xfinity in August, was told by salesman no increase for 2 years. Bill has already gone up 5 dollars, same old nickel and dime raises they have practiced 30 years ago. Was told increase is for equipment so I guess it does not matter what you sold. It will always go up.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Over my 15 + years with Comcast I have had many (many) billing issues with Comcast. I've always been able to resolve them but only with a considerable amount of persistence and investment of time. Recently they initiated a 'collection' on an account that was closed nearly 12 months ago when I sold my home in IL. I was told that because I had a 2nd account with them in FL that there would not be an early termination fee. I never received a past due notice on this closed account and only because I have a 'credit monitoring' service was I aware this had been initiated. This irresponsible action caused a negative impact on my credit (which is above 800).

In attempting to resolve the issue with Comcast I was told it was taken care of but they could not (would not) confirm this in writing. They disconnected 2 of the 4 calls I placed to resolve the matter during which I invested over 2 hours. Their reps in the Philippines lied to me on 2 occasions, they transferred me to not working Comcast support numbers, they told me the matter was resolved and gave me 'bogus' confirmation numbers. Once again a large investment of my time in attempting to resolve "system issues' that exist within Comcast. Only time will tell whether this issues has been resolved as was confirmed by their "Real Time Escalation" department. Hopefully it will resolve with written notice in a timely manner and not linger on for near a year with a surprise notice that my creditworthiness has been further affected.

Original review: March 12, 2019

If I could rate zero stars, I would. As the president of a deed restricted community, I have tried for over three months to have repair services completed on the Comcast Pedestal stations, without luck. Each phone call, I am told “This has been escalated and you will receive a call within the hour” Nothing... 245 homes, 12 pedestals on my street alone...broken, knocked over, or completely exposed to the elements. If you’re not hung up on, expect to be questioned as to why you haven’t secured Comcast services. Have no worry! You will be transferred a minimum of four times, in which they will attempt to reassure you that they are working on the issue. IF they can find your ticket number...since their only concern seems to be sales and not current customers nor keeping their property/equipment in working order, it begs the question. Would 245 homes switching to AT&T fiber be enough incentive to return a phone call?

Original review: March 12, 2019

Problems from day 1 my bill was suppose to be $117.96. Instead it magically ended up being $180 a month. For 7 months running after them to rectify these issues never happened. Now they shut my service down. No one ever calls you back or gets back to you after over 20 hours on the phone in the past week. All they keep doing is passing me down from 1 person to another. No one there cares or wants to help. Please if you have any other options DO NOT USE THESE THIEVES.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am a customer of Xfinity from past few years. Now I have moved to new place and since 1 month I am struggling to get the service but they are so pathetic not responding to queries and keep on asking us to call again and again for other departments for updates on our tickets.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have a live line down in my yard. I called Comcast to report it 3 times and each time I’m on the phone over an hour giving all the same info. I called 2/25/19. Nobody came to fix it. I called 2/28/19 and was told they come 3/1/19. Nobody came. I called 03/10/19 and was told somebody will come 4/2/19. There is a live wire running from a power line to my house and it’s laying on the ground. Then they actually have the audacity to try and sell me more services!!! AT&T always comes in 24 hours. When that line is put back in the air, I will be returning to AT&T!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Comcast stated there would be no increase in price when switching over to X1 boxes. This was triple checked to ensure it was the case and then all of a sudden the bill went up $40/month. They failed to honor previous monthly charge and made excuses the whole time. Cost went up with no notice or attempt to rectify. Total liars and horrible way to treat long term customer. Should be ashamed of themselves as a business... They won’t be around in 10-15 yrs given various streaming services and their treatment of customers will just expedite that.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and I am perplexed by the amount of negative reviews. I must be one of the lucky. Today, I called and it took about 10 minutes to get off of that stupid loop of computer generated prompts (my only problem with them). Once I got through, I spoke to a woman (Dorian???) and she was delightful to speak to and helped me cancel many things that I didn't need to help reduce my bill. By the way, yes, Comcast upped the bill $43.21 from January to February and no real explanation on the bill, which prompted me to call them.

We had the Double Play package and home security and my bill was $228.86 and went to $272.07. I can not justify spending $3264.84 on TV and Internet per year. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and between the two of those, it's only $267.52 per year. I digress. So the woman shut off my home security, which I don't need but got talked into when I first subscribed. She also took off the HD additional cost, and after everything was said and done, she reduced my bill by $1.2k per year and I'm getting a better internet speed package. I'm sure that this will be a temporary thing and it will creep up again by the end of the year, but I'll just have to call again and most importantly, be polite and nice to the person on the other end of the phone. I know that is easier said than done, but it really works. The 4 star review is for Dorian. Thank you again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

They do not care about us customers. I’ve had their services for over 5 years. Prices increased without any notification and the services remained the same. There’s no loyalty to current customers, because as soon as you call to complain, they tell you to cancel and check back in a year for other promotions. I’d rather pay more at AT&T.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I use Comcast only for their internet service, and they’re essentially the only high speed ISP in my area. I have been using them for five years, and the service is average. However, in the past year I have experienced a higher number of non-weather related outages, which happened to coincide with an increase in my internet bill. I don’t think it’s a coincidence, but I do feel like if I’m being forced to pay more than I should be receiving better quality, more dependable service. Instead, I get the same average service, if not worse due to the increase in outages. The most recent outage occurred shortly before I completed a grant I had spent 3 hours writing, resulting in a missed deadline for a chance at receiving funding for my non-profit. It was a very frustrating experience. If I was given another option to join a provider that gives me comparable, if not better, service as Comcast, I would switch in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 5, 2019

They are the only internet service in area. They're way behind the keeping up with their equipment in my area. My 2 year contract was up and price doubled. Had turn in all my extra converters. They want to charge me for a Dvr and cannot do what it is suppose to be. Was Told that they would extend the promotional. Had 3 reps tell me. Then got the bill and it was charge. Called. Told, "Sorry. Promotional not available." Also my bill never match new contract. Call and told, "Look at your bill. Explains it." I look. Still don't add up. Was done. Ready to cancel and was told was past 30 days and will be charge early termination.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Comcast customer for 20 years, they keep gouging the bill every other month for 10 minute overage on the telephone or some other service. They have been charging me $11 a month for over year for services not included (two month rebate, will not refund the entire year). Their agent stated I should have caught it after I called them out on the overcharge yesterday. Received a bill last month for forty dollars more a month, I called them and their agent stated, "Your contract expired." Maybe Comcast should give you hint before your contract expires.

I renewed my service for two years with guaranteed same services at a few dollars more a month. I have 30 days to cancel this contract with no penalties. Checked channels on TV yesterday they deleted some channels. I would say goodbye to Comcast in One Second, however the other cable providers reviews aren't any better. Any recommendations for a better service company, Could we please bring back the Antenna.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Horrible Customer Service, even the Supervisor from the retention dept. gladly suggested canceling my services. Comcast doesn't honor the pricing for their contract and when coming to the end of the contract they increase the prices to force you to renew their contract to keep prices they promised you.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Comcast commitment to honor what is offered is a total lie. They wasted my time on the phone on hold, on chat, they bounce me to another rep or transfer me to a survey. 3 representatives on 3 different occasions offered, verified a promo, now they are reneging on it. As a 90-year Korean War Veteran, I am offended by Comcast lies now and in the past. Every time I sign up your agent says I can get the same promotion after it expires "just call Customer service" "you are a valued customer and we thank you for your service". Yet it never happens unless I call for days to try to get a hold of someone that can help that is not in the Philippines and has no decision power.

I find this very irritating. I will post the transcripts on social media and at the VA Bulletin board here in Orlando and let everyone know how Comcast treats Veterans and Senior citizens. If my fellow soldiers and I had that attitude in Korea, Comcast would be operating cable services under a communist-run state. It is shameful how Comcast renege on a commitment because they see they can squeeze more money out of us. And one of the excuses for that is that Game of Thrones is starting next month? Well, that's next month, how about honoring the commitment they made this month? Trust me. They will start losing customers starting with me and some of my other Vet buddies who live in my neighborhood where they about to lose your monopoly. If anything take a look at the last sentence in the transcript. HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have been paying for internet service from them for over 4 years. It constantly goes out and requires me to do multiple resets just to get it to function again. I’ve called many times complaining about how I’m paying over $120 a month for service that is inconsistent at best, especially when I use less than 1/3 of the data being “given” to me... This company clearly does not care in the least for their customers. They just count on our lack of alternatives to continue to screw us over and swindle us.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I'm stuck with Comcast because of my contract, which I should be able to break it without consequences. I do my part. Pay always on time but they don't provide. Sometimes nothing for days because they don't have enough technicians who should solve the problems immediately, and now I'm talking when something is wrong outside of the house. Besides that I need to call them monthly for a troubleshooting, because out of nowhere I don't have service. And I tried using their app to do that for myself, but that is just as ** as their service. Anytime I have to call it takes forever to get through the machines. Its just pain in the... I wish I knew these before I signed a contract, and even that would expire by now. But I upgraded recently for more channels so they gave me 2 year sentence with them. Just great.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have been with them 3 years. Every year they raise my rates. Even though I had a 2 year contract. I cut the cord this past month. I paid my bill on 2-15...they had raised my bill from $171 to $204 per month. So $204 on the 15th of Feb. Then I canceled my service on the 18th of Feb. Turned in my equipment on the 22nd of Feb. And my refund is $37.11. How is this possible when they said I was prepaid...a month ahead? They are crooks! I will never go back!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Horrible customer service. I will be leaving Comcast after this. My 5 year old son purchased 112 dollars in movies one month. I called and explained my 5 year old rented them thinking they were free. The guy was very nice. Credited me for all the movies. I couldn't have been happier. Then next month's bill shows up with charges of 112 dollars for the same movies. Called customer service. Was told I was wrong and I had to pay the entire amount. Was treated badly and basically called a liar. After a while I decided to call and ask for a supervisor. Was told they were busy so I talked to her. Same thing. Get the runaround. Oh they blamed it on different things. The billing cycles were different. Had to have been rented again. Told I'm wrong. Different movies. Rented bunch of **.

Start yelling and get a supervisor. She said the same thing. Yell at her for 20 min. Get put on hold for 30 min and she comes back on and says it was a billing error. i'm being charged twice... no **! Page 3 of my bill shows credits for 5 different movies my son rented and page 4 has charges for all the movies I was just credited for on the last page!! And it took 3 people and 3 hours of my day for them to figure that out. Pathetic. Horrible customer service. Will be losing a long time, always pay my bill, on-time customer. Dish or DirecTV here I come.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I am a US citizen and have been ALL of my life! I’ve called Comcast “4” FOUR times already today to get assistance with my cable and WiFi suddenly going out! I have been hung up on, disconnected and transferred due to not being able to find my account, trying to charge me $99.99 to send a representative out in TWO “2” days AND because I can’t understand less than “50%” of what these foreigners are saying!! I just want what I pay a gross amount of my monthly income for!!! Here I sit paying $190.00 a month for nothing!! I can’t get help or the help I am offered will come out in TWO “2” days for a fee of $99.99 to fix THEIR problem!!! I hate this company! My contract is up in March and I’m gone! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS JOKE OF AN ORGANIZATION!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My frustration is paying for a premium service that is not consistent, having customer service people who make promises they should not, and the customer not having proof of that conversation. The past year has been challenging with Comcast. Rude customer service, denied credit promised.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Comcast is a rip off. I’m paid my bill every month and sometime I pay twice a month because I’m on social security. Now they say I’m 60 days behind and when I move I’m paid them what the my account said then come to find out I owe them a extra 100. Only time I fell behind was this month 'cause an emergency. Now my bill is 600 some dollar. They is a rip off. Charges coming out the blue and everything they said I didn’t pay in December but they see I paid 3 time in November and they know social security work but they say that payment wasn’t for December. Don’t get their service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

On 2/14 a competitor of Comcast installed their fiber optics and by doing so crushed Comcast’s fiber optics. Since I live on a dead end street (small # of homes) only 3 of us lost all services. The others homes on street do not subscribe to Comcast. According to Comcast the service will not be restored until 2/19 (6 days)!! On the 14th I was given an appointment for Sunday 2/17 for in house service even though I told them what created the outage and in addition they made an appointment for 2/19 for outside service.

Today (2/17), two Comcast employees came to the house sharing that a technician from Leesburg would be here to restore the services...they actually guaranteed service would be restored today. Once evening set in without service being restored we called...we were told the tech from Leesburg didn’t come since we have a Tuesday 2/19 appointment (imposed by Comcast) we have spoken to Comcast representatives and supervisors who shared they were escalating the call for service...

However the situation doesn’t change because they gave me the first available appointment on 2/14 which was 2/19 due to the circumstances of the outage and not one person in the company will do anything to work with us to change the date. They attempt to use the escalation as a possible solution but apperently that holds no weight within the Comcast organization...they also have a wait list for a sooner appointment...they accept your request then send a text that you must keep your scheduled date due to no availability within the waitlist.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Comcast should never be an option for anything. They have the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. Their communication is almost nonexistent when you need them to do something. No service at all is better than Comcast. One department doesn't know what the other department is doing. I could go into specifics but I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Their customer service is unable to help at all and keeps repeating instruction that is not applicable to billing. Their wifi service keeps disconnecting and their technical service can't help either.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have been with Comcast/Xfinity since Aug 2018 in Ladson SC. For the past 2 months the cable goes in and out. I can’t watch my records because how the cable is so messed up. I am always calling them to get it fixed. They reset the box every time and it works for about 2 days and then it messes up again. So I try to reset it and then I call them. I ask every time for them to send someone out - they tell me they can’t. Then Friday I was able to get them to send someone out on Sunday. Then Saturday I got a call saying my appointment is cancelled. I called them and they said well everything is working on their end. Well my box has said Boot on it for the past hour. So I started yelling and they finally gave me my appointment back but she told me I would have to pay for a service call. She said since there was nothing wrong on their end that I would have to pay but if they found something wrong then there wouldn’t be a charge.

I asked to speak to a supervisor because I wasn’t paying for a service call. The lady on the phone said the supervisor won’t talk to me because I have to take it up with billing once I am charged. I asked if it was going to be a fight with billing she said yes. This service provider it the worst. They don’t do anything to take care of their customers. I pay 250.00 per month and it never works. Now the boot has been on the cable box for 2 hours and I am not resetting it because the technician is going to find something wrong tomorrow so I don’t have to pay for a service call. I have taken pictures of it. Also when the DVR box doesn’t work then the whole house doesn’t work we can’t watch tv in any room. I don’t work for a cable company but that sure does sound like the cable lines are messed up.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs