Comcast Cable Service

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had issues with my cable (cable/internet service with Xfinity) for months and had an appointment with a technician today to finally check to see if there was an issue in the wiring (as I suspected and suggested to them many times over the course of 6 months). The technician did not show up and did not call. I called three times and was told he was on his way and to give him 30 more minutes only to find out that the service call had been cancelled in the computer. A supervisor then rescheduled the appointment for the next day without contacting me. The escalation department called to inform me that they suspected that there was a splitter on my box and that I would have to pay $60 to have it fixed????

I assured her that if there was a splitter, it was installed by her technicians and that no one had been to my house. That was a direct lie. To get horrible customer service and then be accused of trying to doing something to cause the issue is beyond ridiculous and insulting - and we get to pay a high price for this terrible service. After going through at least 10 customer service agents, not one person had documented my issues correctly. I highly suggest you avoid this business at all costs.

High speed internet works occasionally at best. Solutions involve "upgrades" that don't resolve the issues. But don't worry they now have you locked into a new agreement which will cost you to cancel. If you want substandard internet and have hours to spend on the phone to talk in circles with customer service this might be a good option for you. I support recorded phone calls. Why are they unable to produce a transcript of the calls to verify what was discussed? Why are they unable to resend you the agreement that was emailed to you? Their notes indicate that the agreement was sent so it must be true... Please note that $250-$300 monthly bills were paid on time, every month. I will pay their $180 cancellation fee because I care about my credit rating but it doesn't mean I will go away quietly!

When it comes to Comcast, I am not sure where to start from? Last year we opted for one of their promotional packages and as a new customer it was advertised as $54.99 per month deal for TV + Internet. Later, I got my first bill in the amount of $88.99. I had to spend hours and hours on call, long call-wait times for customer care and finally the amount came out to be $64.99 without taxes but including what is called "broadcast" fee. As a layman, how am I supposed to be aware of this additional fee? Isn't transparency an important factor in business? Secondly, these offers are only for "new" customers and they do not, I repeat DO NOT care about existing customers. No deals or offers for them. After 12 months' usage I am required to pay $84.99 for the same package. No deal for existing customer. I am highly dissatisfied with Comcast, their internet speeds are slower at night and customer service is slower than their internet speeds.

I have had them for a year, today my bill went from 70 dollars to 100. Outrageous. I can't even use their service to play video games and watch Netflix. I'm paying for "speeds up to 200 mbps". Know what I'm getting??? 18!!! Their customer service is horrible, they put you through endless circles. I had better internet service when I lived in ALASKA and used GCI. Seriously awful. -_-

So about a month ago I went back to Comcast after not having them for a long time. I thought they had changed. Well found out that I had two other bills that were past due so I made arrangements with them to pay off the bills. Well they turned my cable on. Then two weeks after they turned it on I got one of my bills paid off. Then that just left the other bill and then I had paid 50 on the other bill and had a balance of 98 dollars.

I told them that I had gotten laid off of my job for three weeks and was not able to pay the bill until the week after the 9th. Now it is Monday and they shut me off. When I called them and told them that I did not agree to the 9th they told me, "Oh well too bad. That is what was set and we will not turn your service back on until the rest of the bill is paid." This place is a joke. People are rude and do what they want and put on your account what they want. This is really unfair. I hate Comcast so if you are thinking about getting them run as fast as you can. They are a rip-off and will screw you any way they can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Comcast should win the award for the worst company for all time. I have had Comcast cable twice, once by choice and again briefly because I didn't have a choice. I moved into a new area in September of 2015. I was not the first by any means. It is now June 2016 and Comcast is tearing up the yards to put in cable lines. I have had very satisfactory cable, internet and phone from AT&T. I don't need or want Comcast. However, I don't have a choice but to have my yard dug up. I have gone to a lot of expense and work to make my yard look nice. I understand that I have an easement that allows them to dig. My point is that it's typical of Comcast to be late. I'm sure this is a financial benefit to them by waiting until there are more customers. I am personally sending an email to every homeowner begging them to either discontinue or not sign up with Comcast.

Beware: I moved from one location to another and was advised that a Technician needed to hook up my cable. I knew this sounded strange since there was already cable service. In any case on May 1, 2017 the technician came out. I asked him to make sure my applications are on my Vizio Smart TV. Last Thursday, guess what the crooked Tech disabled my Apps. I only had Netflix. I contacted Comcast and spoke with an Indian guy who advised me that he could not assist me with restoring my Apps because Hulu and Amazon Prime are Comcast's competitors!!! He said Netflix works with Comcast.

I spent 4 hours on the phone and a no one made an effort to resolve the problem. I finally contacted Vizio and the representative walked me through in an effort to restore my Apps. I have filed a formal complaint with the FCC because Comcast is likely doing this to all new customers in an effort to force you to pay for their services that are free on either Hulu or Amazon Prime.

I am asking the FCC to look into filing a Class Action because I am almost certain that I am not the first person this has happened. Only customers are thinking that something went wrong with the Apps when it is the Technician who at the behest of Comcast is disabling Apps from your Smart TV. Who gives Comcast the right to do this. I do not want another Tech to touch my TV.

I've been involved with Comcast for over 20 years. They are not a reputable company and give you a "promotion" temporarily, then they hit you with full price. I would pay more to go with a different company because I don't think they've been fair. Bottom line, Comcast sucks bad, extremely bad! Their sales team is the worst. I hate the company and only remained because I need internet and there is no other supplier. Comcast can kiss my **, they are horrible!!! Don't use them if unless you have to!

I went to local Comcast office to drop off the one of tv cable that we aren't using, and asked Comcast guy in office what should I do to downgrade package we have? He gave me a piece of paper with all different channels package. And then I called Comcast to downgrade our package that he said we will have more than 100 channels. Once they changed our package, I turned on tv and couldn't find channel that was on paper that Comcast office gave me. I called Comcast again, and another guy picked phone up and said I will have only 80 channels and channels list that I got from COMCAST IS NOT ACCURATE!!! OMG!! It reminded me that why we left Comcast 3 years ago.

Comcast still has no ideas what they are doing. They offered 3 different informations to get customers??? And it turned out I got nothing but local channels which I can get from antenna!!! We didn't have options to choose providers but Comcast, they are the only one available in town I live. Worst part of all this was that even manager that I talked to, didn't have any solution over THEIR MISTAKES!!!! Worst dumb provider ever. Wasting money for nothing and wasting your own times for stresses!!!!

I obtain services with Comcast/Xfinity back in Feb. Since I obtain services with this scammers, I was not able to use my service due to technical issues, they sent technicians twice to my house to fix the issues. After that issues was not resolve, I kept calling these jokers because I wasn't able to issues my services for over a month, tech change my equipment and problems continues. They had the guts to send me the bill for 249.50, I call and told them why they were charging me when I have not been able to use my service, I discuss with the rep, I talked to everything and when she looked in my account there were no noted that I call to complaint and to my surprise no notes that they have sent over a technician to my house... I call in Feb right after I got the service in March, April, May end and June.

On May 26th when I call and told them I need to resolve the issues I was facing because I wasn't able to use my service why they kept billing me even though I returned all the equipment, the reply I talked to name NATE batch number 1883 told me that don't worry that they were going to disregards the charges because the issues I had... Then to my surprise on June 9th I received a phone call from collection on behalf of Comcast/Xfinity telling me to pay, I explain to the collection agency what happen they suggested me to call, so I call immediately I hang up with the collection agency. Xfinity told me that I need to pay the charges that were no notes on my account that they sent over a tech to my house and PLUS no notes about disregarding the amount they were charging me. I told them I need them to scale the case and request a recording of my phone calls, because I'm going to pursue legal charges.

They lie to the consumers telling you they are notating the account on everything they discuss with you and it's a total LIE, they don't. The fact that they told me no technician went to my house and that no one notated the account to credit me for the charges it's a total fraud to consumers. THIS COMPANY ARE TOTAL LAIRS... When you call back problem after problem the reps don't notate the account and they tell you "Sorry we can't help you. There is no note on your account about any issues..." I'm going to pursue with legal charges for the fact that they tell you something total different and then file for collection to screw people's credit and reputation when they fail to comply... This will be the last time they screw consumers over...

I was a CenturyLink customer and I moved. The previous owner had Comcast so I called Comcast customer service. They suggested I go to my local store and pick up the required equipment and self-install. IT'S VERY EASY. I followed instructions and did what Comcast suggested. NOTHING WORKED. I called customer service. They said, "It's a switch. We have to turn back on which is outside. We have someone out Friday, June 2nd. NO SHOW NO CALL. 3rd NO SHOW NO CALL. 4,5,6,7... 8th June NO SHOW NO CALL. I have called them every day for 6 days. "WE ARE VERY SORRY WE WILL HAVE SOME OUT TODAY." DAY #7 I decided to cancel. COMCAST customer services reaction, "OH ok we are very sorry."

I guess they do not care since they have no competition in Tallahassee. It's a shame. I have Comcast for my business and pay over $2500 mo. I will cancel that as well. I am in the sales business and see over 70 guests a day. Guess what I will be talking about?? And also 48 employees. I guess my next meeting will be about my experience and how to respect other's time. This customer service will not make America great again.

In October of 2016, I received a call and an email from Comcast that the external cable line going into my condo was defective. There were no issues internally and the picture and functionality were perfectly fine. When I contacted them directly I was told that I would not be charged for a visit because the appointment was at their request. Regardless, I complied; made a service appointment and a tech came to my home in January 2017. When I made the appointment I asked twice if I would be charged, and I was told no. The tech disconnected one line, and when asked if he would replace it, he stated that he could not do that, he didn’t have the right equipment. I told him to put it back the way it was, and he stated that he could not do that either. I called Comcast after he left to complain, and was told to make a follow up appointment to have the line reconnected. Again, I asked if I was going to be charged, and I was told no.

Comcast came in April 2017 and replaced the line. I called to thank Comcast for the professionalism of the tech as the visit took ten minutes. Again I asked if I would be charged for the visit, the response was no "as it was no fault of mine, I would not be charged". My direct debit billing for May 2017 contained a $60 charge for an installation fee. I called today, June 9, 2017 and spent 40 minutes on the phone with a Comcast representative. Of course, and not surprising, Rose ** “could” not help me. In the past, I have always appreciated the customer service provided by Comcast. At this point, I lost $60 and wasted three hours of phone time; but they have lost my respect and loyalty. I will never recommend them if fact I will continue to write this complaint until I receive an apology.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was told if I made a payment of 412.00, my services will be reinstated. Did so. Then I was told to make a payment of 246.00. Did so. Then now they saying make a payment of 125.00?? They lie to get payments when they could of just told me what the problem was upfront and I would of been better prepared versus spending my last on that raggedy ass bill. I'm pissed.

I have lived in my new townhouse for one month and Comcast has come out 4 times to resolve my problem with tv and Internet constantly freezing up. Comcast cannot fix the problem, they're idiots. I'm cancelling my service and not paying my last bill. Terrible customer service, they knew the area I moved to had bad reception. Never use this company. They jack the price up every year but do not provide any service.

Billing System is flawed. Comcast required us to set up paperless billing and auto payments to keep our "deal". Every month Comcast will text my cell, call, and send mail messages threatening to disconnect us if we don't pay today. I call and say that we have auto pay set up, they confirm that it is set up... They apologize and ask me to disregard their messages. Also advise all to check their bill every month! We were charged for a modem rental when we had our own. I think the "m" in Comcast should be an "n".

I had a Comcast bundle. This included the phone, internet and cable. After being stuck in a 2yr. contract, I was able to switch to a lower bundle. I didn't need the phone. They sent me the final bill of the last contract and I almost fainted. How could it be so much and I have never been late. I have all the bills and receipts from 2015 to present. I called almost daily to get it resolved. Every time an agent gave me a date and said I didn't pay. I pulled up the receipt. They always told me they would call me back and never do. I asked them to mail me a billing history with the unpaid date circled. They never have. I and many others have been through Comcast coming up with extra amounts on your bill with no explanation.

I'm on a limited income and pay all my bills on time to avoid getting behind. The way I figured is they charge you in advance for your services. You look like you are behind all the time, when you are not. It should not be this expensive to watch t.v. anyway. I'm done with them. They're BAD for my health. I read all the reviews about how good their customer service is. Just wait until they have a billing problem or they are overcharged.

We went to Comcast because our other cable company pulled out of our area. Called and spoke to agent, she was very nice and was American. We had a problem a few months later and called in. They asked me to verify last 4 of my Social, they told me that was not what they had, it has been nothing but problems every time we called. We have been with them for 6 years. Went to their store to get new remotes and tried to get account corrected and could not because they had to see my Social Security card which I do not carry. I changed to a satellite company and tried to cancel Comcast yesterday and they would not because the last 4 of my Social did not match. I am going to their store on Friday, carrying equipment and AS card and driver's license. They best not mess with this granny or they will see my attorney. The bigger the company the less they care about their customers. AT&T is the same way!!!

After calling to cancel my Triple Play and promptly returning their equipment in perfect condition, Comcast has not given me a correct final bill based on my cancel date, even after agreeing with me the cancel date was correct and agreeing to send me a corrected bill. I still only received a bill based on a date two weeks later. Now I have been sent to collections even though I have been in contact with Comcast and attempted to resolve the issue.

Moved to Georgia to see if I would like it, rented a house for a year and signed up with Comcast because Verizon was not available. Now I am ready to move to a permanent home. Called Comcast to discontinue my service. All of a sudden a find I have a two year "oral contract" and am subject to a $150.00 penalty fee. Yes, it was stated on page 2 of my monthly bill but I never noticed it listed under Additional TV services. I paid the bill and never questioned the amount. I am 70 and just never thought they would sneak in these extra things. Won't happen again.

I have been with Comcast for 3 years now. I watched my bill start out at 151.48 and over the 3 years 230.71. When I called they would tell me they would fix it or the next month bill was higher. I got nowhere with talking to Comcast. Had nothing but problems with internet services. Just to call and sit on the line for hours. Call over and over. I got tired of having to call. In one month my bill jumped 40.00 dollars, the next 5 more. After a 80.00 dollars increase, I said I have had enough. Am switching to EPB and all my family has and they all say nothing but good things.

So Comcast when you have good customer maybe you should try working with them or giving them what you offer new ones. Very disappointed with Comcast. I will say I loved the way you could watch TV and your Ipad or tablet but it's not worth the money. I pay more with Comcast than all my bills together. So goodbye Comcast! Glad I have found a better speed and just as many channel and a lower price.

My wife sold her home in September 2016. She loaded up her Comcast equipment and delivered it to the Comcast store in Franklin, TN. She was advised that she had $400 of credit. Since she was building a new home she told them to just use the credit on future charges. In April of 2017 we moved in. Against my wishes she decided to use Comcast again and they installed both, tv and Internet service. Over the last two months she has spent countless hours on the phone and on three separate occasions she has been told the problem has been identified and would be fixed. They say we owe over $500 with no acknowledgment of the existing credit. Today they pulled the switch on the TV. Can nothing be done about their incompetence? I thought AT&T Texas was bad. Comcast resides in a lower level of Dante's hell. Though the credit still exists and it is recognized, the fixers don't communicate with billing. So sad.

I want my Comcast Rep, Kevin **, to get the recognition that he deserves! He has been my personal rep, going on a year. He's respectful, courteous, patient and timely. I call him directly, and he takes care of all requests personally... Wish all reps took their job as professionally as he does. If your service is in the Nashville area, I HIGHLY recommend this guy.

I moved to a new home and chose Self-install option for my TV from Comcast. I wasn't able to connect TV to router/modem and called Comcast for Support. After spending an hour with Comcast representative, I was told that router/modem needs to be replaced and they will send technician for complimentary visit to get me as a customer happy. Technician came, changed router, everything was fine until I received $60 charge. Called customer service, talked with supervisor, but charge was not removed. The reason is I chose self-install, but they had to send a technician and have to charge for it regardless of defective equipment.

It is one thing to charge all that money but for the money I'm paying you are going to respect me. The cable man came to my house and didn't want to work on my tv because it was "old". I didn't see Xfinity offer to give us a new tv. And the thing is he kept ragging on my tv the whole time. Even after explaining to him we use both VHS and DVDs and when asking where can we purchase a device that records directly onto a USB he didn't have any answers so this means you just need to shut up. Oh yeah and he didn't fix the remote! All that bad mouthing and he couldn't even do his damn job!

I have been a loyal customer since 2015 and I have had several internet/cable companies due to being in the Navy. Lately I have been having difficulties ranging from messed up bills, no supervisor contact, cancellations and a guaranteed price from a lady in corporate. My bundle deal of cable and internet plus all the other nonsense they put on my bill reads $136. After I was assured that my bill will never be over $100. I have had my bill adjusted once down to $87. Everyone that I have spoke to is always rude and never fixes anything. And if they do it is temporary. I say that I want to switch companies and they don't even put up a fight.

I've seen cheaper deals that they have to offer but always tell me that the offer isn't available, while I'll be on the phone and their website at the same time. I'm sick of going around in circles with them on the phone on a monthly basis and sometimes it's more than once a month. I've never hated a company so much, and I have worked in customer service for 6 years so I know what it's about. I do not recommend this company to anyone else ever.

I have been a Comcast customer for a long time. Mainly because aside from DirecTV and Dish they were the only other cable around. I am absolutely disgusted with them. I switched our phone and internet over to a business acct recently. I was not aware until a few weeks ago that not only was I paying for home security (which is a bad joke) that I had cancelled 6 months prior they also messed up and never cancelled the phone and internet on the residential account. So not only was I paying security that was cancelled I was also paying internet x2 and phone x2. I knew my bills were both really high but never had time to really look into it. So we called and thought they were going to finally fix it after trying to explain to at least 8 different people. They put a credit on our account for all the months we were overpaying. Said they had to send a tech out to replace the boxes. I didn't question it enough clearly. They guy was literally here from 5 - 1030 pm.

We go to watch TV the next day only to find out they knocked us down to boxes that won't let us watch On Demand or DVR. I was livid. I went to the store locally. Was given a "temp" box and upgraded. Was made to agree to pay $40 for another tech to come back out within a few days of the last one. The day before the appt I get a call saying I would have to pay $100 deposit for the upgrade since my acct was late within the last 6 months. Well hmmm you're double dipping on phone and internet yet you want another $100. Are they crazy? So I have been going back and forth with them over messages on FB for 2 weeks now. Still don't have working cable. I refuse to pay a deposit or for someone to come out. This wasn't my mistake. So today I finally told them to just send me a check for the credits and I will go elsewhere.

This guy tells me, "We are sorry to see you go". Sorry to see me go? Really I couldn't tell. Most companies would want to make it right and not lose a customer who uses you for residential and business. They treat their customers like crap and when you call to speak to someone it's always someone in another country who hardly speaks English. I even asked for a supervisor in the US and still ended up with someone in another country. I HATE them! I've never dealt with such a horrible company!

The service we have with Comcast we have had for 30 years. We always pay our bill 2 weeks early. The account is in my wife's name. Right now we have the bundle pkg.. People who have never dealt with Comcast are buying bundles cheaper than we are paying. We have tried calling Comcast. And their people that tells us that if we don't like what we are paying go somewhere. I would like for someone from Comcast and tell why they don't take any better care of their customers who have been loyal all of these years. Because we have been calling around. And we can beat Comcast by 1/2 of what we are paying now.

Customer service is the worst. Would prefer option of fewer (interesting) channels at lower cost. We do like the recording options and the On Demand feature.

Lots of channels does not equate with program offerings; On Demand not reliable or comprehensive; customer service inaccessible w/o having to go through too many hoops. Frustrating!

I have been satisfied with the internet and cable television I have with Comcast XFINITY. It is expensive even without the sports networks, but the channel selection is good and the customer service is excellent.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers