Comcast Cable Service
1.58/5

Comcast Cable Service

5255 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Xfinity/Comcast has got to be the worst provider/customer service company in history. We moved into a brand new home three weeks ago. The first week, an Xfinity employee arrived to install the TV/Internet/phone service. He accidentally fell through the bathroom ceiling, leaving a four-foot hole in it. After many calls, an employee showed up to "fix it." He never came back after the first visit; phone disconnected, etc.

Again, after many calls to Comcast, "help" was on the way. No... and now, they fall into the same category as the Tooth Fairy, Santa and the Easter Bunny... they Do NOT exist and they want nothing else to do with our problem. Oh, when it comes to paying the bill, God forbid we are late! The bigger problem is that there is no competition where we live (Cranbury, NJ), so many folks resort to Satellite Disk (can't blame them). Xfinity/Comcast the WORST company, bar none, and cares absolutely NOTHING about its customers! They should be run out of town!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The worst customer service I have ever had with any company hands down. If I could give zero stars I would. After being charged twice on my debit card I have received an attitude from one of the girls in the store who felt it was more important to play on her phone and chew gum than give a crap about customers, it is taking FOREVER for me to get a refund, and to top it all off a lady from corporate called me this morning and didn’t even apologize! She’s from corporate! My apartment is in a contract with Comcast. As soon as we move, I am done with them FOREVER! I will never deal with these people again!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We are moving from Colorado to Iowa. I contacted XFINITY to move service. They are not present in Iowa. However, they are going to charge us a huge disconnect fee because they say it is our fault for moving. We have had XFINITY for years. I will NEVER use them again. There are more and more options and if this is how they treat people, I will not use them and will actively discourage others from doing so.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had Comcast Business service up until 18 month ago, I switched to Frontier because of service. Frontier was successful in porting the phone number. They have continued to auto draft their $105 fee from my bank account even after I have closed my account. I have tried to close my account several times, I finally put a stop pay on my account from my bank. How can a utility charge you for services not rendered? I returned equipment and canceled, I see other similar complaint?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Based on my research on the Comcast/Xfinity website’s Community Forum, I’m one many victims of their habit of kicking their customers when they are down. Their fees are ridiculously high and when you try to get a manageable rate, they trap you into one of their ‘specials’ which requires a 2 year contract with a hefty $200+ cancellation fee. My most recent relationship with this cable company existed from March 2009 thru April 2018 – 9 years. In January 2018, I had the emotionally taxing task of taking my mom off a respirator and allowing her to go in peace.

Bills came at me from everywhere, I had to move/downsize, handle all of mom's final arrangements, creditors etc. all while dealing with my own knee surgery. The last thing on my mind while apartment hunting was that Comcast/Xfinity would not be allowed in a rental community 5 miles from my former residence in Alpharetta, GA. Turns out that there was this one pocket of 230 apt homes – affordable and suitable for me – which just became exclusively AT&T U-Verse. I found out as I was making transfer/moving arrangements that AT&T won the contract with the community and I was not allowed to use any other provider.

End of April 2018, I took everything back to Comcast and explained the situation. The CR rep mechanically recited that “the system shows” I will be charged a fee for ‘breaking the contract’. Comcast/Xfinity owed me a credit of $52 which they withheld and promptly proceeded to bill me for an additional $157 that they claimed I owed them for “breaking the contract”. Up until a few months before I moved, they had physically come to the apt. and/or did troubleshooting via phone 8-10 times to ‘fix’ something which only reverted to the same issues shortly after. I had to hard-wire my Smart TV and laptop to get any kind of reliable speed/connection (Wi-Fi was a joke!) and not ONE time did they ever credit my account for all the inconveniences.

Comcast/Xfinity failed to gain a contract for my new home/area 5 miles away and I get to pay a cancellation fee?! How do they justify punishing a customer for moving (under duress) to a place where their service does not exist? When the collection agency started calling to tell me about my “contractual obligations” I was LIVID!! I told them I was NOT paying anything, they already kept the $52 credit from my account, adding insult to injury after 9 years of sub-standard service.

Fast forward to September 27, 2018 – icing on the cake – the wretched $157 cancellation fee has now appeared on my credit report! Tanked my scores across the board by 32-44 points!! Until this occurrence, my credit record was exemplary, no late payments and/or collections in over 10 years. Here I am trying to recover from tragedy in my life/finances, to move forward and Comcast/Xfinity does this mess! I’m completely disgusted!! I will NEVER use them again for any reason! I will get an HD antenna, HULU, Amazon Prime – WHATEVER I have to do, to avoid dealing with them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Comcast has a "creative billing" process. Whenever I have called with problems seeking a resolution it usually causes more problems. My billing seems to fluctuate constantly (with no change in services). Representatives always advise they will call you back and never do. Why did Chicago make any type of an agreement with this company? In fact what has happened is Comcast has a monopoly in the area that I reside and I am unable to get any other services without using a dish.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

You know what? It takes a lot for me to get upset about anything. Hear me and hear me well. I will never use Comcast/Xfinity again. They do not care about their customers. It's all about their money??? Bad service and bad customer service. They will put you under contract knowing that their service does not work in your area. After 43 calls for troubleshooting, time ranging about 2 hours a piece, 10 home appointments visit since January 1, no call no show...8 appointments showing canceled by homeowner...SMH...but they serviced the property.

So please make sure you get a receipt every time they come out to your home...and then when you try to terminate your service, they will charge you an early termination fee...even when it's not your fault and then if you don't pay it, it goes to collection and then on your credit. SMH. Back to positive flow...I will not let this ruining my day.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have used Comcast for internet for the past 5 yrs. I did not cable because I've had other sources. Anyway, I was provided with these different promotional plans on several occasions. I told them I only wanted internet as I did not need cable service. They offered me this package deal for $44 a mo with limited cable which I received a box for that did not work. I have been getting charged the whole time for these boxes that did not work or when they were supposed to replace them, I never received the replacement boxes but still being charged for them. Needless to say my plan kept changing and their prices kept going up.

After my so called "promotional plan" expired then my bill went up to $76 dollars just a few months ago and now I receive a bill in the mail today for $100 for new current services which made no sense. When I called Comcast all they did was broke down what my bill was before and could not explain why it jumped from 3 different prices within a whole year. I never blacked out on them before but this time I did. I told them that they are always price gouging and always trying to find way to get more money out of people. I am so pissed and disgusted with their service and I do not recommend anyone using their service. "You will find out the hard way."

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I obtained Xfinity service 3 weeks ago. I got TV and internet. In the 3 weeks the internet is down every day starting around 8 am and does not come back up until evening. I have called and complained so they charged me for a tech to come out. Tech gets here and without looking at anything says the internet has been going down a lot lately and there is nothing he can do. He then left. 5 minutes and did nothing but I get charged $60 service fee. This is the worst service I’ve ever had. Thinking I’m going back to DirecTV.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I took all of my equipment back the beginning of August and requested for my service to be stopped. A month later I get a call asking if I wanted to cancel my service, which under any other circumstances I would be fine with but the fact that I already spoke to someone face to face about it and still was being questioned is very unprofessional on the clerk's behalf. She should’ve stopped it right then. I was then transferred on the phone to billing where I was asked a ton of questions. They should’ve understood at this point that I was frustrated and worked with me a little bit more. “Give me your new address and I can see if we provide service there”, umm no.

I was then put on hold for about 5 minutes. When the girl got back on the line with me she said to be watching my emails for my last bill. When I told her I had already paid my last bill she got an attitude and said, very slowly “I said, when...” at which point I just interrupted and said “OKAY!” And hung up. Very rude. If she had to ask me all of those questions she should have my account information pulled up and be able to tell me that I have no more bills to pay with them but instead she decided to get an attitude and make ME feel stupid. I would never recommend Comcast to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Please do not sign up for Xfinity or Comcast (they change their name but not their service). I have attempted for the past three months to have call waiting disabled on a secondary line. After speaking to reps from every continent and still not closure, it appears that I may lose my job due to their inability to disable call waiting. What a mess!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My bill has gone up $15.00 since June (it's Oct. 1st!) because, according to Comcast, I was getting a promotional price that expired. I don't remember them telling me that was a promotional price to begin with so that was a surprise. Then when a young repairman came to figure out why my internet hadn't worked for two weeks he told me that I was eligible for a free upgrade! Yay! I'd been thinking about getting a DVR so I said to go ahead and install it.

After it was installed he told me he had made a mistake and it would be $10.00. I really wanted it so I let it slide. Then a few minutes later, after talking to someone on the phone, he told me I had to get HD with the DVR and that was also $10.00. He was SO SORRY but, apparently, there was also no free promotion. That was a total scam! Very poor business practices. I had CenturyLink with DirecTV before this and no price increases! Unfortunately, Comcast comes with our HOA package so I'll be paying for it whether I use them or not. Will NOT recommend renewing our contract for the 80 homes they have under contract!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

A few years ago, I was 'encouraged' to move to their 'boost' plan... the only way to get super speed, I was told. That plan now costs $65 more than it did then... and I get nothing for it. We were able to use Search and find reruns of movies and programs... mostly free. NOW, every single one costs $2.99 and I am furious. I am paying double and then some for this service. Probably not a darn thing to do except change companies...?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased my own wireless gateway that they advertise; on their website; for sale through them; stating that my device was a certified and compatible device to theirs. After I paid almost $200, they tell me that they won't support my wireless gateway for the XFI features. I am on the brink of retirement and am trying to cut back on expenses long term. I am disappointed that Comcast is so cheap to penalize my account because I wanted to use/own my own equipment. It's $10/month Comcast. I only do this review because everybody that I talked to about this issue today 3 in total were all snarly.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I've only had Xfinity Cable TV in Alpharetta GA for about 5 months. In these few months as a customer, I've already called Comcast customer service 5 times and 2 times with an online customer service chat. The Cable device they gave me is inconsistent with the picture. I can be watching TV then suddenly it stops displaying picture and it last for a couple of days. I called Xfinity and they sent a "technician" to fix it. He replaced the box and it's happening again. The Xfinity customer service needs more training in handling calls as well. I do not recommend this cable service to anyone. I want to get out of the damn contract.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Moved to Florida in July. Cancelled Comcast aka Xfinity service and could not transfer it because they don't provide service in my city. On July 3rd of this year I spoke to someone on the phone who told me the amount I owed to close out my bill. It was less than $100. So I paid it promptly. I also gave the 'gentleman' my Gmail address to send me info about my final bill and payment. But I never received it. I was leaving asap and thought I would get SOMETHING from them via email or mail. Never received anything and I moved on (literally) trusting that everything was good. Big mistake of course.

Fast forward to just a few days ago I received a collections notice for $147. Collections. No bill prior from them. I called customer service and the woman was seemingly very nice but it turns out it was all smoke and mirrors. She walked me through a couple of things but said I needed to talk to collections and she would transfer me. Also turned out they had an incorrect email address which by the way was verified by me initially on July but somehow got switched (missing 2 characters). The woman supposedly took my correct email and said she's sending me a link to access my prior bills. The link turned out to be a feedback link only. She attempted to transfer me to collections. Was on hold for a while and then came back stating they are closed (nice). She then gave me a number to call.

I called it today (read it back to her by the way and she verified) and there is no such number. I called Xfinity back and they said they couldn't access my acct without an account number. The woman the other day accessed it with other info because I no longer had the acct number. This woman today said she couldn't and was rude. The saga continues because I was and am so beyond upset that I couldn't speak. Never ever again. I don't care if I have to live in a cave and live off data and hotspots etc. Comcast was always bad. Dish user I will be if I'm ever in an area again that only Xfinity is offered for cable. Good riddance.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Obtained Comcast service about 4 years ago. Increasing outages as time passed. Lags in speed... paid for. Wife handle all bills so I was not aware of billing charges. Wife no longer here so I handle billing. What was originally $80+ per month was now $190 20 $228 per month. Complained and discovered that there was a $79.00 extra charge per month for an added package that I did not order. Called wife, she said she never changed anything with original package. On Sept 24, 2018, called and cancelled service on same day new provider installing service. Rep tried to talk me into different package. I informed person, 'NO! and too late, new provider about finished installing new service.'

On the Sept 27, 3 days after canceling service, I received notice of new bill due Oct 10. Got online with chat. Rep said person I originally talked to only canceled phone service??? Told chat rep, in no way could my request to cancel Comcast service be mistaken for canceling phone service only, especially when he asked me if I had yet acquired a new Internet provider, which had already asked, and I said, 'yes, they are about complete with the installation as we talk.' Chat rep said my cancellation will predated to the 24 and I will only be charged for usage up to that date. WHAT???

I informed rep that I was looking at my previous (early) paid bill and it CLEARLY states that my payment was for Sept 13 thru October 13, and the new billing, which I do not owe, was to be for October 13 thru November 13. She attempted to explain but her explanation did not match what is clearly stated on my billing. Told her I would take it up with billing dept.

Then she came back and asked me if I had given my (same) phone number to new provider? I said, yes. She said that's it! I said, that's what? She said, "You asked the Comcast rep to transfer number" to my new provider "so you still have Comcast phone service until October 5th. By this time my brain began to melt. Told chat rep that I never discussed anything about giving or having to give Comcast permission to transfer my number to my new provider. Why would I, it's MY phone number and have had it for years. Told her I would handle that when the time came to do so. *When I acquired new service I gave them MY home phone number and works and the phone service is NOT through Comcast.

My experience with added packages not requested and jousting with billing regarding improper billing is not singular. I know of 2 other people in my locale having same problems. One person has documented proof yet Comcast turn the over to a collection agency. PS. Suspiciously, both Comcast reps I talked to had an accent and both talked so very low it was difficult to understand what they were saying or if they understood what I was saying. Purposely?

Updated on 10/06/2018: This is a followup of my (1 star) review posted on Sept 28, 2018. I am into my 4th conversation with billing reps regarding that I had cancelled all service on Sept 24. In a prior call I was told to not make payment and assured that bill would be corrected by Oct 5. Guess what? It wasn't. Just got off conversation with 5th Xfinity rep and she has assured me that matter/problem has been detected, is recorded and resolved, and I am to call the Cancellation Dept... the place that is responsible for the screw up to begin with. I personally know someone battling same problem with Comcast/Xfinity, and though she has records, while still battling with the company they turned her account over to a collection agency. If possible DO NOT use Comcast/Xfinity. If you have to DO NOT use auto pay method to pay bill. I did not and very happy I did not.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I switched to a competitor tv and internet service because the monthly charges continually increased year after year and the package they offer was less than the competitors. I checked with Comcast to see if there were any binding contracts and they said I was on a contract plan but I did not accept the plan back in January 2017. They opened a case and they called me back to confirm I did not have a contract. So I canceled my service and returned all the equipment promptly. When I returned the equipment they said I would be charged the early termination fee, but I could dispute the charges. A few days later I called and spoke to customer service and they supposedly created a ticket to dispute the charges and it would take 24 hours to process. I called back after 48 hours to follow up.

The customer service rep would not listen to me and kept stating I had a contract and had no record of my dispute. He also said I had to go the Comcast store to get the charges disputed, which I found out later was a lie. The next day, on my way to the Comcast store, I called again and the rep also said I had a charge for early termination and there was no record of the dispute. She again created a ticket for the dispute and said I could check back in 24-48 hours. I asked. She email me with this information, but says she cannot do it and the system would email me in 2 hours. I never got the email.

I continued to the store and they told me billing issues are handled on the phone, not at the store. (Comcast rep lied to me about going to the store to do this.) Anyhow, I had them create another dispute at the store and asked why they were charging me without a contract. They could not answer, only make up lies about how I am the first time this has happened.

In all the calls and face to face meetings I had with them, they are the worst liars as their individual stories change during the conversations and they all have different stories/excuses as to why they are charging this fee. To me it is another way they try to get every dollar out of you before you stop using their services. I have no trust in anyone at Comcast and hope everyone takes what they say with skepticism as they do not care about their customers, they only want to take your money.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Opened a business and it was going great. I became very ill and had to close the busy. I called all my different services that I was paying for and was able to let me exit out of the agreements at reduced prices or no price that I had for the business. I was not going to be able to continue the busy at ever or for me never work again. I wish Comcast realized that things are not always rosy. I have been in bed for roughly 10 months now and I still get the daily wake up call from Comcast asking for payment. I think it just hurts that they wouldn’t even talk about a settlement for the services that I can no longer use in my bed. If I ever get to do anything again not sure I would ever use this company based on the customer support.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Got a mobile from Xfinity mobile and created my online profile with a credit card. Found the device defective, returned and moved to a different carrier. It's been 4 months still my online is not closed. I spoke to multiple team members and the max they'd do is share a ticket number with you. My online profile is still active with my address, email and credit card info it and generates $0 bill amount. I'm unable to delete it till date. I don't know what to do it... I hate calling them, don't want to waste 30min - 60 mins of my good time. Is there a way I can log police complaint against them?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The end of June I moved and my only option was Comcast, held my breath and said a prayer. I took mobile phone service with internet and cable. Getting help setting up the phone was a nightmare. Spoke with 2 reps before service was switched from my old carrier, both said they would call back after the download was complete, didn't hold my breath, good thing because they didn't call back. Had a family member finish helping me with the setup. Service was suppose to be unlimited talk and text and if 1gb was used for data then I would be charged 12.00. Don't use my phone for anything other the talk and text don't go on the internet don't use any of the apps but willing to say maybe I did something that caused me to use data. Paid the bill with the additional charge and moved on.

Month 2 the additional GB charge appeared again. I called and by the time I was done I was more confused than ever and the things the rep. told me to do I had already done, like turning off data saver and making sure wifi was turned on. I opted to take the survey (don't laugh) and did not give a good review. Several weeks later I had someone from Comcast call me and I was totally impressed. After a long talk she offered me a $75.00 credit.

Month 3 of service. So my new bills now shows a balance of over $158.00. Because instead of crediting my account they charged me $75.00. Spent over 20 minutes with another Rep. to report what had happened and all he wanted to do was give me my 75.00 on next months bill which means I would not get my credit they promised me. Finally they agreed they owed me 150.00 to make it right. Well time will tell but now I might just fight for some additional compensation. I live in a senior apt complex and Comcast is really taking advantage of that with some of these tenants who don't fight but just give up.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was with CC for almost 4 Yrs, TV, Internet and phone. I called and was told that if I cancelled, I would not get charged a ETF. Well I have and they will not do anything about it. AT&T U-Verse is already much superior to CC. Will never have them again. Horrible company. Don't use them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I recommend Dish Network or Netflix over Xfinity/Comcast. Xfinity NJ has a very uninteresting antiintellectual television programming. The receiver box freezes up often. The On-demand cable service freezes often. The internet modem turns off on its own often. It is not worth the money.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I wish I could leave ZERO stars. FOUR TIMES our line has been cut by the builders in our neighborhood because our line is not buried deep enough. They had the nerve to tell my husband the THIRD time they would bury it deeper to keep this from happening more. Well we’re on the fourth time and will probably be looking at a fifth time since the line is above ground because it will be a month before anyone gets out here to bury it. I refuse to keep paying for cut lines. I’m to the point of switching. I’d rather have an ugly dish on my house before paying another $150 a month for bull crap. This has been the worse. 2 years of issues with this company. And after the THIRD TIME of this happening they expected a $20 credit to fix it. Won’t be getting another dime out of me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

One star only because there isn't a ZERO star rating. Reluctantly switched to Comcast in Oct 2016 because they were and are the only game in town for our new home. 2 years later there has not been ONE FULL WEEK when everything has functioned correctly. 17+ technician visits. Issues escalated to their highest tech support with repeated promised follow-up calls... NONE have EVER been made. Teaching customer service reps to be overly polite (India and Philippines) is great but USELESS when they aren't capable of resolving ANYTHING EVER.

I could detail each service call and tech visit but I'd need a case of **. Suffice to say they absolutely can't get out of their own way. Oh, and when they tell you they're "issuing a credit for your troubles", don't hold your breath. While I've never asked for a credit, they've been "promised" umpteen times. I'm aware of exactly ONE... for $12. Based on my experience and in my opinion... if you can use ANY other service you'd likely be way better off. If there was a company called, "We Absolutely Suck Cable & Internet", I'd happily use them vs. Comcast. Yes, it's THAT bad!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My child attends West Virginia University. They have tents and salesman set up all over the campus selling their Wi-Fi. They sold my son Wi-Fi, delivered the box and wires and told him he’s obligated to set it all up which was a fiasco in itself with trying to get the problem solved I was on the phone 15 hours. Have proof to show the hours I’ve spent on the phone with them. Finally after 15 days he obtains Wi-Fi. I get a Comcast bill for $105 for a college student in Morgantown West Virginia which is fine then I received another bill that are sent to Morgantown for $167. I try to login to the account to see what the bills are for being that my child is 17 in Morgantown. Can you tell me providing all the information that they needed that I cannot access that account unless I’m in Morgantown. I am in New York.

I feel they prey on these college children that are just starting out. They’re taking their Social Security numbers. They are billing them and they are banging them out large. How are these kids ever going to establish credit with business like this. So to pay his bills and access my accounts I have to go to Morgantown and this is after now putting in 28 hours of recorded conversations still no resolution. He’s there 1 month today and the total bill he received 272 dollars for 15 days of WiFi... This is bad business. I believe laws were broken being he is a minor! Never had lengthy phone calls with any company Like this to simply reset my password to get into the account which I was never able to do because I am in New York and my child is in Morgantown.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Ok I have been a Comcast customer off and on for years. And the past 2 years have been the worst, I have had billing tell me I can pay part of my bill today then the rest by payday. I woke up to my service shut off. So I called, I paid the balance of the bill, had my service turned back on but then was charged to have each box turned back on. I'm always being threatened for shut off because I have to pay 2 months worth of a bill because they want one month in advance. I cannot afford to pay a month in advance so now I have Comcast calling with their courtesy call.

So my last call with Comcast I was trying to find out why I was unable to extend my payment by 4 days when I only owed $179. So I waited until Monday and spoke to a woman on the phone who couldn't even push the computer to look up my account and was busy smacking gum in my ear the entire time. I ask for a supervisor. I couldn't even get a supervisor on the phone. So for a second time I called technical support. My customer service experience he was excellent. He was so helpful and couldn't say sorry enough for billing.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Where do I begin. First they tried to export me for $400.00. I was quoted an amount for home security equipment. When My bill came I went to the office and called customer service. I spent an hour at their office and over 4 hours the phone mostly on hold. I was told nothing they can do and if I cancel I get charged. After speaking to five different people some on found their mistake a gave us the credit. Of what we were owed and nothing else.

Today I sit down to watch the Redzone package which I'm suppose to have. The channel does not work. The customer service rep said I need to go online to resubscribe he cant help. I go to website and they say call customer service 'cause the website can't do anything. I call customer service again and they put me on hold for over 45 min. I could wait any longer. Lastly our service get interrupted 2 to 3 times a day. I need to reboot and, it's not worth calling their customer service because they are useless. At my previous home I had no problems. I don't know what happen to this company but they have lost their way. I can't wait to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

One year ago today I received an offer in the mail stating that if you sign up for a 2 year contract you'll be locked into paying the same price for your "bundled" package for those 2 years. Well now that I'm ONE year into the contract lo and behold my monthly service price goes UP. I contacted Comcast to have the agent tell me that after one year my contract was subject to change and that this was the FIRST "roll off" of the promo I signed up for... WHAT??? I remember specifically the day I talked to the gentleman on the phone about this offer asking "my bill will stay the same for TWO years right"? "Oh yes ma'am," that's the nice thing about this offer. I'm now a sucker to Comcast and their lying tactics. Same on you Comcast... I have lots of friends and trust me. I will be telling everyone I know to avoid you and your services.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I work from home, Comcast had an unexpected outage for about 7 hours without prior notice, when I called, I was told they were doing a maintenance, I explained that I worked from home and it is interrupting my job, I was told it would be rectified in about 3 hours but it took 7 hours to get me back online, I missed my job for today because when the internet came back, my shift was already over.

Comcast did not send any notification prior to the maintenance, which is a very poor customer service, I literally begged about 3 different customer relation person to send an email to me of the OUTAGE, but they all gave me different excuses that it cannot be sent, they all seemed scared to send me a proof of the outage, I called in at my job but could not send a proof of outage to my supervisor, I had to explain to about 4 supervisors why I could not work today. I do not recommend Comcast to anyone especially if you work from home, you will be rudely disappointed unexpectedly.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs