Comcast Cable Service

Comcast Cable Service

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5427 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Attempted first time customer, took 2 1/2 hours to resolve, ended up going with AT&T. The story... set up account to start new service with a box to be delivered. Gentleman gave me confirmation number and a customer service number to confirm that I may pick box up a local store rather than having box shipped. Called customer service number, lady informed me, "I see your order. It was never complete, you need to call other number." Called other number, lady could not comprehend anything I was telling her, told her another name to account, informed her another name to address.

This is new account, still could not assist and could not comprehend a thing, asked for manager, was on hold 20 min so I hung up and called back. A lady picked, had to explain again. She came back on with a gentleman that told me confirmation number was incorrect, however the first 5 numbers are correct as it is their number with the date and my order will be 3-5 days. (Interesting how this can be, when my confirmation number was incorrect and he couldn't find anything about my new account), he also gave me another number to call and assured me they would be able to help me.

Called that number, a lady helped me to tell me my confirmation is correct, she does see my information, although the account was never complete, explains another person has account at the address, informed her I know this, my account is separate. She told me the homeowner would have to call or I would need to set my own account up. (Hmmm, I just told her this.) I told her it is a separate account, she politely told me, "Then I need to have homeowner call so we can deactivate him and set your account up." (WTF, did she not just tell me I'd have to have my own acct???)

I asked this lovely lady, "So, when I hang up this phone, I will have no box delivery and I will not receive a bill, correct?" She told me, "That is correct," I told her where Comcast could put their business and informed her I would be going with AT&T. Within 1 hour I was set up with AT&T and no problem, and... there is another account at the same address as well. I did not have to ask homeowner to call and deactivate his account. We both have accounts now. Thank you AT&T and goodbye Comcast. Such horrible service. What happened to America? (I had to give 1 star in order to process my review, otherwise I would not have give any stars.)

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

After subscribing to Comcast for over 25 years, we were required to move from our home for our jobs. Comcast is charging us $70 to cancel service. We paid $200 a month for how many years, and then when you have to move, they charge you again, and when I refused to pay, they sent a credit agency calling. Despicable company.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

When we purchased our plan we were told we had a locked in rate for 12 months. Our bill just went up after 4 months of service and the person I talked to was extremely rude and condescending. She basically laughed and called me a liar when I said we had a contract even though I have copies of it. I cannot wait to get a lawyer involved and to never use their services again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

OK - this is Comcast in a nutshell. The internet and TV are down in our area, and Comcast technicians are hard at work in the rain to fix it. No problem with that - ** happens, and they are supposedly out there trying to fix it. Right now I want to watch the Warriors game, and I already pay Comcast for that channel, and since I can't watch on my TV (you know, since the cable is down), I figured I could just watch the game on my phone using Comcast's streaming app, like I have so often in the past. So I go to the app, click on the game, which is right there available on the app, and voila!... Nope! The streaming app to watch the game says I can only use it to watch the game USING MY HOME WIFI...which doesn't work because COMCAST'S LINES ARE DOWN. See the problem?

I called Comcast, and no agent had the power to make the game available via the app. One would think, that if your customer paid to watch the game, and your TV service to show the game was down, and you had an alternate streaming service available that actually shows the game, you'd make that game available on the app instead of requiring they watch it on their wifi which doesn't work because you broke it? This pretty much sums up my Comcast experience.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

If you can avoid Comcast do it. This is not a good company to deal with. You get disconnected and when you call back (they don't call you back, even if they say they will) you have to start all over again. They have been sending me solicitations to sign up with their company- $25 for internet and cable. They increased my bill to $91.30 per month with no additional services. However, they can't honor the $25 nor use any other promotions to get my bill down. I absolutely would NOT use Comcast. They are an extremely unprofessional company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Ask a question you get a different answer from everyone. Customer service is not there to help but to lie to you. They raise their prices any time it's convenient

for them. Going to a supervisor isn't much help and Tom **'s department is a joke. Most dishonest company I have ever dealt with

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

They increase your bill at random times and come up with many reasons why. After 3 months of dealing with many different people they cut the service and wanted the past due amounts. Past due amount were paid after they so called fixed the bill giving us $46 back which they didn’t! The customer service reps are often foreign and it seems they have no training or real understanding of cable customer service. You know why they have cancellation fees? Cause they suck and people must leave and that’s the only way to keep clients. I do not recommend. If I could have Spectrum here I totally would!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We reached out to a Comcast salesman from Salem, Va ( Brian **) in the fall of 2018 and agreed to a contract including phone, TV and internet. We had to get this particular package so we would get the 300.00 dollar visa card. We were promised two outdoor channels, HBO & Cinemax for so many months and all of this has been a bald face lie up to this point. We have tried contacting ** to no avail and have talked to numerous Xfinity reps and all I ever get is the runaround. They scheduled installation service three times and then canceled and had my current phone service disconnected twice. This is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with and I believe it is intentional. They just act stupid and thank you will go away. They act like the federal government!!! I don't plan on going away until they give me what I was promised.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

After my first year with Comcast I finally understand why customers are unhappy. And what they mean by surprising increased charges. Had a $40 increase on my account after my first year. I was never notified during my time of signing up that there would be an increase which was my first time being misled by Comcast. I contacted customer service in which an agent agreed to lower it by $5 but not lower my current due bill which I was never aware of the increase.

I was passed along to a supervisor who just rephrased everything the agent before said except leaving out the discounted price. I asked why. I was offered the discounted price and how that was determined. The supervisor informed me it is a discount they offer to all customers ONLY if customers reach out to Comcast to ask for a discount. Here I am being misled twice. Knowing my account is higher than it should be, Comcast allows their customers to pay more rather than reach out and inform them they can lower their bill.

Comcast has a terrible system set up. They have promotional year long services. Their regular rates are never disclosed. Your assumption is that you’re paying this so called great deal. After 1 year they bump it up to its regular rate. As a customer you get frustrated and contact them, then they offer you a new discounted rate plan WHICH THE SAME CONCEPT. They will put you on a more expensive plan on a 12 month contract then increase it to a new regular rate after that is up.

I cannot believe this scam continues and that Comcast is still in business. As consumers, even employees of Comcast are consumers, we need an internet or tv plan that is fair and inexpensive. We have so many resources and platforms for this to happen but greed will always win. Comcast knows that charging customers a low rate that never changes for the same services will not hurt them, it would actually attract more customers I believe. But they continue this scam in favor of making more revenue. Quite sad time we live in. Maybe it’s a lesson for us that we should just stop watching tv and making our lives rely on the internet.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I visited the Concord Xfinity store on Jan 7th 2019 at 10.00 a.m. and was greeted and assigned to the staff member that was handling my appointment. After sharing that I was not able to change channels on one of the TVs the staff member decided to give me a rebuke for asking for a credit. The staff member shared that he had not received a credit for a similar instance so why should I. This discussion became quite heated which in retrospect was really not a good experience. We did agree to move on to take care of some other service changes which were completed. However on review of the email I received confirming my service changes I believe the staff member added charges to my billing that I do not believe I authorized. This included adding monthly charges for 2 extra TVs and a service charge not a credit - I will be investigating this further. My advice to all is to check what you think you have ordered with the service confirmation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had to move out of Comcast service area and timing was such I had to sign a disconnect contract with them to get my business class service disconnected even though I had been with them for many years. I turned in my equipment and yet they continued to bill me for the next three months.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Been with Comcast over 5 years Service just keep getting horrible and Customer Service is even worse than that. All the ** people at customer Service talks like Street drug dealer. Last 8 months I was getting 4MB speed. It should be 250MB. Every time I call automatic system sent a refresh signal then call hangup. Last month when I call luckily I was connected with the real person. They was saying everything seems to be fine, "We need to send technician. You will not get charge." When technician come over he told me, "Your Something wrong with your Internet modem. Go to store and get the new model." So I did. That problem is solved but they send me Bill additional $60 for technician charge and technician did not do anything inside the house. He check the modem and he say the modem is bad. That’s all so why the hell the charging the $60 for it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Comcast offers a unique model. Simply the longer you are a customer, the more loyal you are, the more they charge you. They advertise like mad, bend over backwards to get new business but once they get you the charges never stop rising. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Call about a problem and get different answers from everyone you speak with. They make it nearly impossible to speak to the same agent twice. I truly believe they are a fraudulent organization.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve always had a great experience! My service has always been great. I realize that 100% of customers will never be happy but that’s with any company. Most of the billing complaints are rarely valid. Reason being... As a consumer, it’s our responsibility to review our bills each month. Comcast always notifies customers of changes and any billing increases. Yes it’s usually in fine print, but it’s still available. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Sometimes customers need to take accountability and not always blame the company. Comcast isn’t perfect, but what company is.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with their prices or just can’t afford, look for other options. Cable is truly a luxury. Why get mad at Comcast because they can’t lower your bill. It’s just like a shopping experience. Some people can afford to shop at Nordstrom’s, others can’t. So maybe you choose more affordable options like Macy's, Kohl's or Target. In what Universe can you walk into any of these stores and demand a better price. That’s absurd. Same concept. Prices are what they are. Yeah the fees are a little annoying, but hey. I choose to stay with Comcast so that comes with the territory.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Comcast just renewed my annual rate for $26/month more than I was paying. When I finally got through to someone who could offer me a "special rate," they lowered it to a $5/month rate increase. The catch? As many of your other reviewers wrote, they included the $120 cancellation fee to the package. When I asked what would happen if I moved to an area not serviced by Comcast, they informed me that I would have to pay the fee. When I told the agent that I believed that practice to be unethical if not illegal and that he worked from crooks, he just laughed quietly.

Literally the moment our business was concluded, my internet service was shut down for approximately 3 minutes. When I called Comcast back to ask whether they had to reset my service due to concluding a new contract, the customer service agent tried to convince me there had been a sudden, brief service outage. When I demanded to speak with a supervisor who could address my question, they simply kept me on hold until I got frustrated and hung up. This company should be chased out of business.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Trying to upgrade old Infinity/Comcast cable box to newer version that is Smart TV-compatible. Have made several trips to the local Infinity/Comcast store (where there is no local phone number; only corporate phone numbers). Dozens of calls to the corporate help center. Picked up a second (replacement) cable box TODAY and am still unable to get it "registered" and working. I AM TECH SAVVY. Different answers from telephone staff (in the Philippines) and local staff. Stayed home from work today for technician who never showed up. Called the corporate office (remember, no local office phone number) and they said, "Gee, no appointment was scheduled for today." RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY as fast as you can.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had called up Comcast Tech Support to explain I was having a problem with my cable modem. In the end it was decided I needed a new cable modem but we have a router that goes into the modem. The way the tech support guy explained it to me and my wife I thought I was slow or something. I could not understand what we needed to do. I then went to the Port Murray located to exchange up old modem for a new one. There was a sales consultant named Leonard ** who explained when I have a Comcast modem it is also a router and if I have my own router I need to put the modem in bridge mode or just have the router part of the modem disabled. That was an exceptional explanation. Just wanted to say how happy that Lenny explains this so well. But it also brings up why couldn't the tech support people explain this in a way my wife and I could understand.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My phone service went out and I contacted Comcast. After going through the taped message section I then repeated the same information for the actual representative. That person tried resetting the modem, had me disconnect cables and then reconnect them to no avail. I was told I need to go to the next lever of technical help. I waited on hold for 20 minutes after being told the wait time was 2-3 minutes and never did get anyone. I called again the next day and same thing, taped message run around, customer service rep, then supposedly transfer to another dept when the rep determined they had turned my service off prematurely before my scheduled move.

I waited again on hold then the cell phone I was using began to ring and continued to ring with no one picking up after many many rings. I had no choice but to hang up. The rep had said he would call me later to ensure I had gotten assistance but he did not call. The requested survey call did not occur either. I can guess why that is the case...the response was not going to be positive. After all that I drove into the local Comcast office where the rep assured me that my phone service was indeed working now. I got home and the line was still dead. I give up - their service is just plain awful.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Attempted to pay regular bill on the Xfinity app. Kept getting an error that the payment could not be processed at this time. Checked our bank account and the charge had gone through 8 times, to the tune of $1,300. Called Comcast customer service, waited on hold for 45 minutes and then an additional 45 min conversation with an offshore service center where there was a huge language barrier. Customer service told us there was nothing they could do about it, could not reverse the 7 additional charges and could not give any confirmation number to reference for our conversation. Told us to call our banking institution. Then 45 minutes on hold with our bank, only to find out Comcast reversed the charges. Comcast is the worst! If we had another cable/internet option, we’d so be using it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My husband's job took us to a location that did not include Xfinity/Comcast service. We called to cancel and the representative said there would be no problem as they did not service our area. On our next bill, we saw that they took out an extra $120 for an early term fee even though 1. They do not have service in our current area, 2. The representative specifically told us that we would not get charged (which we had the supervisor review tapes to prove it) and 3. They were NOT authorized to take out this fee. They were supposed to send a check to us for this early term fee and we've yet to receive it. We are on the phone when them now, going through all the red tape that we already went through. Word of caution!!! DO NOT LET THEM AUTOMATICALLY TAKE PAYMENTS OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT!!! These folks are crooks! They stole money from us!!! Be aware of this company.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Never in my entire lifetime have I experienced such a rotten company for doing business with. I first started with Comcast in September of 2018 and had their basic service. I stayed with them for one week and then canceled this service due to equipment problems. On 10/30/2018 I went back to them and ordered their triple play package at a rate of 120.46 per month on a two-year contract. I never received a bill for November. My first bill from them was dated 12/25/2018 and it was in the amount of 390.34 and the worst part about this bill, they are saying that my account is past due and that it shall be discontinued on 12/31/2018 unless it is paid in full.

First, this bill should be for 240.92. I picked up the equipment at our local store and hooked it up myself - so no charge for a tech. So as to why, how, or what I am charged 390.34, I have no idea at all. Tried calling Comcast about this on 01/01/2019 just to find out their offices were closed and no agents available to answer questions. In the February 2019 issue of Consumer Reports, the State of Massachusetts thanks to the State Attorney filed charges against Comcast claiming that fees typically increased by 40 percent or better above their advertised price. So, anyone that is reading this posting - if you have a problem like I do with Comcast - try contacting your State Attorney Office to have charges brought up against this rotten company for their RANSOM billing practice.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Xfinity Comcast TV and Internet Service. I don't think this company could be more incompetent if they tried. Here’s a partial list of what I’ve dealt with just in the past two weeks with them. Our bill went up as it does every year so my wife called to see if we could get a better price through any current promotions. Instead the slimy sales person actually downgraded our service package to a lower level on TV and internet and charged us more! I had to call and get it fixed but they still wouldn’t give us the same package and discounts we had in the past. Every year you have to play their stupid game and call and beg for new discounts and promotions as they jack up their prices for the same unreliable service.

Then the typical service problems started. TV channels froze up or were unavailable even though we were paying for them. So they sent out a new box which had some type of glitch so they needed to send out a technician to fix. I stayed home for an entire Saturday waiting for the technician to show up and they never came. I called to see what happened and they said someone was able to fix it remotely so they cancelled the technician. No one bothered to call and tell me that!!

While the technician was here he discovered that the genius who thought he fixed things remotely actually disabled our extra TV box and put in a new charge for two DVRs. Then the emails started coming in telling me I had to approve the new additional charges for an extra DVR that I didn’t order or have! I can’t even begin to tally the amount of time and energy I have wasted and the amount of frustration endured by myself and family. Do not do business with this awful, incompetent, unethical company!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This company is absolutely the WORST cable company I have ever subscribed to. The remotes for the cable boxes do not work all the time, the boxes shut down periodically. Billing is incorrect. Every time I complained they would issue a credit that never showed up until I called and complained...after being put on hold for twenty minutes. I was never told when I originally subscribed that I had a Data Usage Plan... Had to defend that issue. I am not sure how they stay in business, but I am going to downgrade as much as I possibly can. Comcast is working on the premise that you will just never question anything and go on auto pay.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The absolute worst customer service experience I have ever received from any company. I called for service on December 5th, had an appointment for installation 2 weeks later. The technician came out and was unable to do the work, they scheduled another contractor to come out and make the address serviceable, run a cable from across the street alongside the underground power lines. After this work was confirmed by dispatch to be done, I was scheduled for another technician to come install cable in the home.

The next technician comes out and tells me that the line was never run and he couldn't do anything. They scheduled me for an appointment on January 8th and said they would have people working on setting an earlier date, that obviously never happened. I called and was called by corporate reps who said they would expedite work and would call me back, but again left me out to dry, it took me another 2 days just to cancel my contract and people wanting me to explain why, even though you have 30 days to cancel after installation was complete, which it was never even started, and trying to get me to stay with them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The internet is great. But they started taking out channels away 1 by 1. We're no longer in contract. We're going to Verizon Fios. I will never be back. They even charged us for a number we didn't ask for.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I am a senior citizen on low SS and constantly fighting with Comcast for lower price. They no longer have SR. Citizen discount which was barely noticeable anyway. This month my bill jumped $30/mo. Yikes. I call and after a good deal of haggle and I’m about to jump ship but too lazy to search for new supplier and remove all equipment etc. I accept a plan which will bring it down $20... but eliminate 4 channels... Mind you. I have basic service... No frills... No HBO, Star etc. I say ok and agree to terms. When done she says there will be a $200 or more cancellation fee and I’m locked in for 2 hrs. Such heartless crooks... beware... those come on promos don’t last and then rob you blind.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Been with Comcast since June 17 and was supposed to be on a 24 month introductory rate including cable TV and internet. The January bill arrived and was $8 more than the prior months... Unexplained and the chat exchange resulted in no logical support for the increase. It's not a critical amount, but when signing up the Comcast representative clearly committed to no changes for 24 months unless it's the result of a tax increases out of the control of Comcast. I moved from AT&T for the same reason... Increases in the monthly bill without notice and no reasonable explanation... And wham-o at the end of the incentive promotion.

It seem the best consumer solution is to flip vendors at the end of the incentive period, which is the only way to combat the games played by the vendor. I'm now receiving $300 gift card incentives to go back to AT&T/DirecTV. Unfortunately I'm short on the technical knowledge to move to a non-cable option, but with unlimited data on my cell phone plan, my internet needs can be handled with a tethered modem or Bluetooth. I've never used DISH, so that may be my next non-Comcast option.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I signed up with Comcast in September 2018. I specifically requested certain channels in my package. I signed a one year contract. Three months into it, 3 of my favorite channels, and pretty much all I watch, were now requiring an upgrade charge, of $9.95 to continue to receive these channels. I have spoke with 6 representatives, including Supervisors, which I have received different answers from, I had a promotional package, or it was a MISTAKE I had these channels.

Oh, the other Supervisor said the networks had a price increase. They want more money, but, ohhh I get an extra 144 channels with this including the ones they removed. I don't watch 200 channels I have now, Why would I want another 140 I won't watch. They claim I can't cancel because I signed a one year contract, but it's ok for them to change my services before the one year. Not ok. I have attempted everything to rectify this, and given them all opportunities to make it right. Now I will post in as many places as possible with what they do to people. It's not about the $9.95, its about consumers taking advantage of people. Funny how the main CHANNEL'S I watched were ones removed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Main problem, if you just subscribe to basic cable you are not allowed to watch one program and tape another which would come on at the same time. This is not fair. They do this because they want you to spend more money and get a more expensive cable plan! Also on basic TV most channels are Mexican channels. I applaud that but I'm not a Mexican. Also you cannot get a TV directory on basic cable! I realize that they don't control satellites if they are down but OMG my cable cost was $29.00 and with every tax they can think of plus "user tax" (what's that all about) I pay close to $38.00 per month. I have no other choice. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Too expensive and WIFI is meager at best - I live in a one room 1700 square foot house and the WIFI is awful!!! I've called them a hundred times and they never fix it. Customer service is a joke - they just don't care - just want their money and I'm locked in as they have control over my development without allowing anyone else to come in! Awful stuff!

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs