Comcast Cable Service

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am just writing to complain. Something that I despise doing because I am a very basic and simple person. Easily satisfied. But one thing that gets under my skin and will quickly destroy my trust and confidence in a person or company, is when I am lied to. I do not have the patience or tolerance for lies and I think it is extremely important that you are aware of my experience and I hope it helps in the training and development of your employees.

I transferred service from one address to another back in July of 2016. Very simple. The technician brought in some HD boxes and I told him I do not use HD services and I do not need those boxes as I have and want to continue using my old standard ones. He told me that I could not have them and that these are the standard boxes everyone uses now. That was the first lie. To make a long story short, I believed him and discovered that I was paying extra money for these boxes for almost a year for a service I did not use and I specifically said I did not want.

When I changed my package last week, the representative over the phone said that I would have to turn in those boxes for the standard ones and I would get one standard box and one DTA. I said, "I do not want a DTA box because they are limited in what they display and what you have access to in terms of channels". The rep over the phone said "no, they work exactly the same". I said "can't I just keep these boxes and you just disable the HD service?" She said "no you have to return the equipment". This was the second lie and third lie. I said I am temporarily disabled & wanted to get someone to pick up these boxes since it was not my fault and I was given misinformation and you guys took my money for a service I specifically said I did not need or want and she said they would charge me $60 to do so.

So I got a ride and went to the facility the rep told me to go to on 4851 N. Milwaukee which took me 30 minutes plus gas and mileage to get there and it turned out to closed! I had to go close to downtown to get to another location and that took me over an hour and 15 minutes and I waited for 30 minutes and when I got there, the rep said that the DTA box DOES have limits just like I said and he also said I did not have to return these boxes, that he will just remove the HD service! Now I wasted my day with about almost 4 hours plus the gas and mileage and physical pain it was for me to travel all for nothing and all in vain!

The representative that I called said to use an email to file the complaint and it was incorrect. She gave me some bogus Care_thankyou@Comcast.net. Retention just argued with me and read from a script. I have been a loyal customer for 25 years. Never defaulted or was late with my bills. I have been a loyal existing customer with this account for the last 8 yrs. I have never been late, I pay my bills on time or early and I never carry over a balance. For the first time in 25 yrs, I am going to start considering other companies for my cable and internet solutions.

I do not need to rant on anymore about you needing to develop your reps better or that you need to improve on your customer service. My story should be enough on where you dropped the ball and what you need to do to restore the business relationship between me and Comcast. My mother in law who lives upstairs from my building actually already left for another company because of my experience. Technology and life and businesses change and multiple choices are becoming available for customers more than ever! This email will be provided and copied to other review & media websites for others to see.

We attempted to save money and switch from Dish to Comcast for TV. Most of the channels were Hispanic channels plus the DVR only worked on one TV. Unless you pay $9.95 a month for boxes in other rooms. By the time we were done paying for our TV, internet and renting boxes for Wi-Fi and our other TVs we weren't saving any money and the channel lineup was terrible. We went to cancel today. I was the one that set up the TV service. I was then told I didn't have authorization on the account. I am married. We both have authorization on the account. Thankfully my husband was home to cancel the service.

We just wanted to go back to our internet service at the price we paid. He wanted to charge us $89 a month instead of $64 a month. He offered to give us the boxes we needed to keep TV and internet at a $15 discount. But told me he didn't have the authority to give me the price on my internet that I was paying "Because it wasn't a bundle." Although I had called two days earlier to cancel and was offered the $64 price. He had "no notification of this." We cancelled everything and will have to figure out someone else for internet service. Very disappointed in the customer service at Comcast.

I have not been a Comcast customer for at least 8 years. Almost 4 years ago, my identity was stolen and a fraudulent account was opened under my name in a neighborhood I've never been to, let alone lived in. I had no idea about the account until debt collectors started calling my house several months after service was shut off. I filed a police report then called Comcast to sort it out. They told me I had to fill out a packet of paperwork and send it into their fraud department and it would be taken care of. This is after speaking to several people about the issue and being transferred around on the phone. I sent the packet of paperwork off and things were quiet for several months. Then this week I get an email from Experian that my credit score dropped and I have a new debt showing up on my report. When I looked into it, it was the same Comcast account from before.

I called the debt collectors again and explained it was fraud and that Comcast should have taken care of this. They transferred me to Comcast who had no idea what happened to the paperwork I sent in previously. They told me that I had to re-do all of the paperwork and send it back in after having it notarized and wait for confirmation from them. I am disgusted with the way this situation was handled. I don't understand how an account was even opened in my name without anyone verifying who the person at the address actually was. And now as the victim of identity theft, I have to do all the leg work to prove that it wasn't me and that they didn't do their job.

Customer service is horrible. I cancelled my cable service and took my equipment back in the beginning of April. The Gentleman at the Comcast Store stated I owed 215.45 and they always bill a month ahead and to look online and in a few days to confirm what I owe. Now Comcast says I owe 411.00. So I call Customer Service and they stated I would still owe for the Month I cancelled and she does not know why they would tell me that. So I have to pay 196.00 for a month that I don't even have service for.

Sanita from Comcast called me today after I contacted the BBB with issues yesterday. Yesterday I spoke with two reps and asked to speak with management. They both hung up on me before helping me with my issue. Today after speaking with Sanita nothing was resolved. Granted my payment was past due to financial hardship. However as I explained to both the reps. from yesterday as well as to Sanita today that my account is not yet in collections. I want to make things right and pay at least half payment of my balance which is $181.00 and I can pay the remaining balance on the 20th. She state that if I cannot pay the full amount of $361.88 my account will go to collections as of tomorrow. I explained over and over that I do not have the funds.

Yesterday it was explained to me that my account is $900 because I have yet to return my equipment. Which will be return on Thursday my off day. Once the equipment is returned my balance will be $361.88. Today Ms. Sanita states that she is here to state the facts and the fact is there is no equipment fee on my account. My account is being charged for an early termination fee for my alarm system. However my alarm system is still connected as of today and my account is not in collections. So how can they charge me early termination fee for active service. She states that she don’t know why the service is still active because it is not active in Comcast system. I told her that I will be reaching out to you guy because my issues is not yet resolved. Ms. Sanita then states that it really don't matter who I contact, all calls will be routed back to her.

I am just try to make a partial payment return equipment that is not being used on my account. And everybody wins. I'm still a customer, they are paid and I still keep my services that are being used. I have been a customer with this company for the last 3 1/2 to 4 years and can you believe the 1st time I have a real hardship the company just turn their backs like they haven't been receiving payments from me for the last 3 1/2 years. Companies are not about helping their anymore and making sure their customers are 100% satiated. Companies today are all about making money and not about helping the consumers that made their company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Saturday morning cable guy shows up. I open the gate for him to come into the complex after numerous phone calls. He tells me I need to come out and open the gate as it won't open for him. I go down to the parking lot. He is not at the main gate but the side gate. He walks into my apartment, looks at me and says "I have no idea why I am here. What do I need to do"... then looks at my tv on my wall and says, "I can't hook up cable to it. It needs to be on the floor." I tell him to leave.

XFINITY calls me and sets up another appointment for today. Different tech comes in... actually has tools with him. The first Tech had no tools, just his cell phone. Things are looking good??? Then he tells me he can't hook up cable as there is none in my building. He leaves. I go down to the office. The manager tells me she talked to him when he stopped into the office. She told him the whole complex (which is new) is set up for XFINITY cable. I call XFINITY, talk to the Supervisor. He tells me I cancelled my appointment today and rescheduled it for Tuesday between 5-7 Umm no I did not!!!

The Supervisor tells me he has to believe what the Tech wrote... and that someone will be out on Tuesday. But he understands my concern. So the Tech filled out a report and lied and said I rescheduled my appointment. Now why would I reschedule my appointment if there is no service out here and the cable guy is in my apartment. Where is the record of me calling to reschedule my appointment. So I say to the Supervisor, "So magically on Tuesday you will have cable in the apartment complex that the Tech told me is not here. Oh wait you did just tell me I could not get an appointment for cable if it was not available where I live as your company checks to make sure cable is offered before scheduling an appointment but you understand my concern."

I was also told by the Salesman who originally set me up for my first appointment to call his cell phone if I had any issues at all. Oh what a surprise I got his voice mail when I called his phone and he never returned my call. I did ask the Supervisor who understands my concern why XFINITY gives their techs paychecks when its obvious to me they don't want to work in West Kendall of Miami. Unbelievable!!?

Updated on 04/14/2017: I have had 4 techs come out to install cable in my apartment. Tech #1. "Your TV is on the wall. Needs to be on the floor. Can't help you." Salesman never said TV needs to be on floor! Tech #2. "Cable is not available in your apartment complex." Then why did your company tell me it is available where I live? Tech #3. "Oh it's a new apartment complex. You don't have cable service." Apartment Manager... "then who the hell did I give the key to to work in the Maintenance Room." Tech #4. "Oh you have Fiber Optics. I don't have the tools to work with Fiber Optics. They are too expensive." FIRE HIS ASS! AT&T will have my business from now on because down here in Miami the techs that work for this company are a total joke... Need a paycheck but don't want to work... Get a job with Comcast/Xfinity!

This company will still charge you lease fee even though you didn't leased a modem from them. The worst company I have ever dealt with compare to all the companies I had service with. Called three time and was told that the lease charge will be taken off but has never happened. The whole customer service department especially technical support stinks. You don't tell customers something and not follow up with it. Stay away at all cause!

We switched to Comcast from Dish for lower rates despite having very good service with Dish. The Comcast experience has been filled with lost or bad connections, equipment failures and technician mistakes. But the last week has moved me to leave a review: Day one - a technician came to fix a problem with a modem, which he appeared to do by running a new cable. Day two - A technician responding to our neighbor's loss of service discovered that the previous technician fixed our problem by connecting the new cable to our neighbor's port in the cable box. Somehow the second technician, after reconnecting our neighbor, fixed our problem with the use of splitters.

Day six - Our service has been working nicely, but two men showed up unexpectedly to bury our cable. They ran yet another cable, buried it, and left, without our knowledge, fully aware that they had somehow disconnected our TV service. Day seven - Will bring the fourth technician visit in seven days. Who knows how they'll leave things. My expectations aren't very high. We'll be returning to Dish when our Comcast contract finally terminates next month.

I have been with Comcast for 8 years, every couple of years they jack the price 30 or 40 dollars a month until I complain. Then when I have had problems they send out a service tech, who has changed out equipment but evidently do not scan it back in since they show I still have it? I do not. Now all of a sudden they show I owe for an extra month $170.00. I have never missed a payment and have 8 years of receipts to prove it, they try to tell me it's a balance, a balance for what, they cannot tell me that? Comcast is a greedy company full of crooks. Always trying to nickel and diming customers, beware.

Thinking of opting for Comcast as your internet service provider. PLEASE DON'T!! Huge mistake. As an international student I did not know any better. I opened an account with Comcast in 2015. I moved apartments so I transferred the account and the equipment to my roommate. Couple months later I get a call from Comcast saying that I have an outstanding due of $190 and the charge is due to the equipment not being returned. I call customer service and tried to explain the situation and after a couple of hours of beating my head and opening a ticket and 72 hours wait, I get a call saying that the amount has been waived. Again, 2 months later I get a call from a collection agency saying that there is an overdue amount with Comcast. I followed the whole ** drill of calling, explaining and opening ticket. Honestly, I don't know which is worse their customer service or their internet service.

I looked at the online TV guide schedule on XFINITY on Sunday, April 2, 2017 and saw the Yankees and Tampa Bay game was being telecast on ESPN at 1 pm. I turned on the ESPN channel at 1 pm to find some old rerun of an ESPN special and no live game on. Apparently Comcast has the right to black out Yankee games on ALL channels on their XFINITY system since they weren't able to negotiate a contract last year for the YES network. What a crock of **.

So I am a disabled veteran, who was currently evicted from my apartment on Feb 15th. I returned my Comcast equipment the same day with a 30 day money back guarantee. It is now April 3rd. And still no refund. Even after multiple attempts of inquiring about where my refund is. Now I'm staying in a homeless shelter for disabled veterans. And Comcast will not overnight my refund to me. This is absolutely ridiculous, I've been a customer off and on for over 7 years. They can take my money instantly and they are telling me another 7-10 business days. Which will be at least 2 more weeks. I will NEVER, EVER use Comcast's crooked services ever again.

My cable has been out for three weeks going on four weeks and no one's been out to fix it. I've call multiple times to Comcast and been hung up on by one operator, been disconnected by the automated system after being on hold. Each time I call I'm on the phone for over an hour. I'm actually writing this review while I'm on hold waiting to talk to a supervisor from Comcast and it's already been 1 hour and seventeen minutes of my time trying to get a service appt. The first time I called three weeks ago they had no time slots on the days I was off so they told me someone would contact me to help me and of course a week later no one called me back. So I called again and another hour and a half on the phone they promised me a service person to be at my house the next day Thursday 4 to 6 pm and of course no one came from Comcast.

So I called them again after they didn't show and spent another hour on the phone and they they told me the next available appt wouldn't be till the following Tuesday. I told them that was unacceptable since it was Comcast that never showed up for the service so why do I get put on the back of the line. I feel they should of made exceptions since it was their fault I didn't get my service fixed. The lady told me she would put me in for next Tuesday but she would expedite it to the service dept and they would call me Friday by noon to give me an earlier appt count they are the only ones that could do this. The next day Friday which is today and no one call me by noon time I once again called in to talk to a supervisor and once again on the phone for over another hour.

I did talk to a nice representative named Melissa and she told me she agrees that this was unacceptable and that she was going to escalate it as well and forward everything to her supervisor and also she would call me back by 2:30 today and of course I haven't heard from anyone and it's now 6 pm and once again I'm sitting on the phone waiting for a supervisor now for an hour and 28 mins. Oh wait. I just got disconnected so now I have to call in again because they DON'T CALL YOU BACK. I HATE COMCAST!!!

According to a customer service representative and 2 supervisors, Xfinity/Comcast does not have a hold or cancellation policy for military personnel during deployment. There is a 6 month maximum vacation mode that costs $10/device. Other vendors such as AT&T Wireless allow for services to be placed on hold for free for military personnel. Ironically, the actual cable service was provided to my son in a military barracks. I don't recommend Xfinity/Comcast to any military personnel, it could cost you to get out of a contract if you are deployed. Xfinity/Comcast should be ashamed of this business practice as it relates to our military.

I pay almost $350.00 a month for complete service from Comcast for X-Finity, Business Class High Speed Internet, and Comcast Security for my home. Imagine my anger when I decided to catch up on a couple past episodes of Designated Survivor and it requires us to pay for Episode 13 of Season in order to watch it. The rest are free.

This is NOT COOL to your paying customers COMCAST!!! CenturyLink is going to KILL your business if you do not take care of your current customers. Shame on you for trying to nickel and dime customers for network television shows. Keep it up and there will been GREEN and YELLOW CenturyLink switchers all over this neighborhood.

About two weeks ago my cable box stop working with a error message. It took Comcast 2 hrs to get it working but they did. Few weeks later my 2 year old TV went black. I went and bought a new TV and it still did not work right so I went and got a new cable box. TV started working for a month and then went out with same message. When I called Comcast they said it is because they gave me the wrong box. I had a H2 when I should have a H! And it stop working because I was not being billed for the H2. They can get it back on but I would have to pay a extra 19.95 a month for the box that I did not ask for in the first place, they are the ones that gave me wrong box. I said I did not want it, I will get the right box. They said OK but it will cost me to have the box sent to me, this is a bunch of crap.

I am paying for their mistake over the last month. I have been without my TV service for 4 days so far, cause box has not got here yet, paying in advance for service I cannot use and they act like I did something wrong, for them to just stop service cause of wrong box, charge me to get correct box, be without service for days. Trying to get things right. I have used Comcast over 30 years but I am for the first time totally disgusted them. This is not fair. When I told them "You bill in advance. I cannot use the service," the Comcast rep told me "You have 2 TVs, one has the right box. You can watch that one till you get your other box." But I am paying for service on both boxes.

I have been with Comcast for under a year now and constantly have problems. Unfortunately, they are the only provider for my area. First of all, it is completely overpriced to have decent cable along with 75 mbps wifi, and pay around $175. For this reason, we now have BASIC cable because it is cheaper than not getting cable at all, when we don't really watch it... just need wifi (ridiculous). I now pay around $100 for basic cable and 75 mbps wifi, when the wifi sucks.

On top of being overpriced, we originally downgraded to basic because we were told our bill was going to be $130, but the bill came out to around $170. When I called about this, the representative "did not know why I was told that price" so we complain and downgraded and the representative agreed to not charge us at all for the original upgrade. So we told him we wanted basic cable and 75 mbps wifi, and he said he changed us to this package and to only pay $98 and the bill will reflect the change in 24-48 hours. Well, no surprise that our bill did NOT reflect this, and therefore we got a late fee ($10). So we called again and the second representative told us that the first one did not even downgrade our cable. So she said she would downgrade it for us and once again, our bill will reflect this within 24-48 hours.

About a week had passed and once again, NO REFLECTION, our bill was just adding up. So once again, I called and the third representative understood all of my problems and said she will make a change to the bill (heard that before). Well, now our bill is at an outstanding balance of around $235... but it should change down to $98 in 24-48 business hours she said.

I also informed her about all of these previous problems and how I did not believe her when she told me my bill will change. She even had another representative come on the line and make me more positive about it changing. I had asked her what she could do for me to make sure I would stay a Comcast customer, she decided to give me Showtime for free for 3 months. I told her if my bill had not changed within 48 hours, I will give another call. Her response was, "you will not have to. It will be changed". Now, it has been over 48 hours and no surprise, our bill is still the same. I am tired of calling Comcast to hear the same thing over and over again.

Internet is slower than promised and their pay tv service only provides channels that would be free over the air with an external antennae.

I am extremely dissatisfied with Comcast. They have no regard for their customers! I lost my internet service on 3/25/17, having contacted them I was told their next availability for a service technician to come out would be on Sunday, 3/26, between the hours of 5-7 pm. The technician arrived at 6:45 having said that he was aware of the problem, claiming that my wire was cut to assist a new customer in my apartment, and there was nothing he could do. At that point I contacted Comcast and was told that I would receive an escalation ticket for priority service (this means nothing) and that I could expect a technician that night or first thing in the morning.

As of today, having contacted Comcast 34 times since 3/25/2017, 20 to Comcast, 10 to Comcast Corporate, 4 to Krystal who was in charge of sending the technician to my apartment. Well, Krystal set up an appointment assuring me someone would come to my apartment today, March 28, 2017, between 8-10, and I'm still waiting. My messages have been ignored without a callback, Comcast Corporate spoke with her at 10 am and assured me she would call me and have someone here within the hour, and it's now 1:14 pm without a return call and no technician. This is unconscionable and inconsiderate.

My bills are paid every month, never late, and calling the Corporate office means nothing because according to them they don't have the power to do anything nor do they care. They left it up to this lady, Krystal, who should lose her job. This company shouldn't exist, they are horrible and could care less if you're without internet. They beat to their own drum and will leave you in total despair with no remorse whatsoever.

I work from home and this loss of internet has created a major problem with my workforce. I have 4 internet companies under my name in different states and this is by far the worse there is, they should be sued and forced to close down their operations due to negligence. They have caused me emotional distress and created 2 days, possibly more, of a loss of wages. They have the worse management and supervision because none of them knows what they are doing. I'm disturbed and ready to go to AT&T. Apparently there isn't many service providers in Miami but I'm pleased to see that AT&T is finally offering internet service in my area. FYI, I just learned that all of Coral Gables, FL just lost their internet service. This is what we are dealing with... incompetency!

Recently added triple service in an attempt to save money. I had previous bad experience with Comcast and has sworn off them for that reason. Had gotten internet and second line for work and tried them. Waited for year + to make sure did not have problems again. Signed up for TV and home phone now, and nothing but problems. One box stopped working on TV after less than a month. Went to store to get replacement. Still didn't work. Spent 2 hrs on phone trying to resolve answering same question multiple times. Finally sent tech to fix... 5 minute fix that tech said they could have done over phone. Never attempted. Then the tech went outside to "check the connections." Everything went off. Went outside to ask him if he disconnected. He said he had as something wasn't right... "It should come back in a couple of minutes," and left.

After 30 mins and frustration of trying to get through the silly automated system got rep who said she would escalate to get person back out. 2 hours later called back, was told that escalation number that she gave was useless. Supervisor told us that even though they caused the problem no one could come out to fix it for 24 hrs. When I said that was unacceptable, the supervisor said, "Does that mean you are refusing the appointment?" Then he said if I upgraded to a business plan they could get someone out faster. So even though they can't deliver on basic service, I should pay more to get the service I already paid for. Awful, awful company. They had done something similar to me many years ago and said they could come back out for a week at that time, so I guess they have improved. DON'T do business with this company.

Comcast Infinity has a good pitch sale but thereafter it's all nightmare drama. Initial installment sets the tone of service rendered. This company does not follow through thoroughly with customer satisfaction. Appointments are scheduled and missed. Drop channels, inoperative DVR, recorded shows unavailable for viewing, poor wiring at initial setup, incorrect billing, etc consumer rip off service. The CEO really needs to reevaluate the operation of the business to ensure customers begin to receive the contractual overpriced advertised service many unhappy customers are embracing.

I have my account set up at Comcast to pull money from my bank account, which is not my preference. Last month, I mistakenly pushed my payment out to them, so inadvertently they received two payments. They applied only one payment to my bill. When I called to correct the situation, they seemed to understand what happened. They said they would apply my overpayment to the next month's bill, that it would be fixed within 24-72 hours and they would communicate by email.

Well, they did communicate by email within 72 hours. But what they did was wipe out both payments, stating that I owed them for two months and added a late charge. I called them immediately, and again the person said they would correct the information and remove the late charge. She said that within an hour I could check the automated system and it would reflect the correct status.

So I checked back as they suggested, and found that they reported the payment for the first month, but showed a past due status for current bill. So I had to call a third time in as many days. The person this time asked a bunch of different questions and said another department would have to call to investigate the payment. This is supposed to occur in the next 24-48 hours. These people appear to be incompetent. They don't know how to fix a simple problem, and have made matters worse for me. It is still not resolved.

Comcast is the absolute WORST COMPANY EVER!!! I cannot say enough bad things about them. I cannot wait for the day when their monopoly on cable and TV delivery ends. I HATE COMCAST!!! All of a sudden it doesn't work. For no reason. Happens all too often. Overpriced. HATE HATE HATE Comcast. Customer service is terrible as well. Hope you are proud.

Comcast is an awful business. It stinks that they don't have much competition. They set up a date for install and never showed up and my girlfriend took off work to be here and then when they finally came they had the wrong work order and only installed half the hardware and told my girlfriend they would take off the installation off the bill and never did through many phone calls and wasted time. Also when they set up a new installation date for the additional equipment I took off work and no one showed up and they told us that they would take that off the bill because it should have been done the first time and they also added all these fees that should have been included in the regular bundle charges. What a bunch of crooks. They are going to lose my business soon. Thank god I didn't sign up for the 2 year package to save a measly 10 bucks a month.

So it starts with blaming the router companies. They want to sell their modem. I bought the best router in Best Buy and then they started blaming the modem companies. Then they schedule some blah blah service and charge you for extra bucks. Nothing works. The worst internet service in town. I think they are just running in town as they don't have a competitor. Please at least provide some good service. Also try to handle customers as customers.

It's too much money and always trying to nickel and dime me. If I had an option to switch to another carrier I would, but where I live Comcast is it.

Service went out. Four different tech visits, each one criticized Comcast techs. Had to file FCC complaint to get their attention. Was on phone for hours! Complete obfuscation and inept employees! Looking to dump them as soon as I can replace!

Comcast's service is overall ok. The price of services is where they need improvement. Also, that irritating awful 2yr contract in order to get a decent price has got to be eliminated! It's just a ploy to lure in customers then raise prices after you're locked in contract. Then put the blame on equipment & surcharges, etc. Once your contract is up then you really get slammed on cost. So, in one hand you have competitive cable & internet service and in other hand you have terrible cost & obligation requirements. You decide.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After many attempts and failure by Comcast general support, I started to log every single call and activity. I paraphrased every response for one month (approx. 20 calls). Then I sent a 4-page log file to the owner of Comcast, Mr. Roberts. Within minutes I got the problem resolved. I did not have to go through FCC or BBB. The team that came to resolve the problem was very nice. On a second thought, Comcast is good, it all depends on who is answering the phone. Bottom line is log every call and every issue. In this way if it needs to be escalated, you have credible evidence and experience.

Roshan of Washington, DC on

Original Review

Comcast in Philadelphia is the worst service provider. Ask anyone on the street and they will tell you. Lately to save cost we took a package so called bundle package. To have that working, they upgraded the box, the but tech warned me the wires are old. So far more than 15 guys showed up and they leave saying, "we will send a tech for wiring" and they did nothing. I escalated it to the Executive office. One guy shows up on Sunday evening thinking he could fix it. He took notes and ran away, never heard from him. Contacted the Executive office and did not hear from them either. If you have a choice, (we do not, Comcast is Monopoly at where we are), please do not trust Comcast, use someone else.

Difficulty in having Comcast correct charges; cannot have them fix problem with On Demand feature in spite of repeated requests for service.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.
  • Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.
  • Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.
  • Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.
  • Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers