Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service
2.69/5
Based on 4,844 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service

5564 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and I am perplexed by the amount of negative reviews. I must be one of the lucky. Today, I called and it took about 10 minutes to get off of that stupid loop of computer generated prompts (my only problem with them). Once I got through, I spoke to a woman (Dorian???) and she was delightful to speak to and helped me cancel many things that I didn't need to help reduce my bill. By the way, yes, Comcast upped the bill $43.21 from January to February and no real explanation on the bill, which prompted me to call them.

We had the Double Play package and home security and my bill was $228.86 and went to $272.07. I can not justify spending $3264.84 on TV and Internet per year. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and between the two of those, it's only $267.52 per year. I digress. So the woman shut off my home security, which I don't need but got talked into when I first subscribed. She also took off the HD additional cost, and after everything was said and done, she reduced my bill by $1.2k per year and I'm getting a better internet speed package. I'm sure that this will be a temporary thing and it will creep up again by the end of the year, but I'll just have to call again and most importantly, be polite and nice to the person on the other end of the phone. I know that is easier said than done, but it really works. The 4 star review is for Dorian. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve always had a great experience! My service has always been great. I realize that 100% of customers will never be happy but that’s with any company. Most of the billing complaints are rarely valid. Reason being... As a consumer, it’s our responsibility to review our bills each month. Comcast always notifies customers of changes and any billing increases. Yes it’s usually in fine print, but it’s still available. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Sometimes customers need to take accountability and not always blame the company. Comcast isn’t perfect, but what company is.

At the end of the day, if you're not happy with their prices or just can’t afford, look for other options. Cable is truly a luxury. Why get mad at Comcast because they can’t lower your bill. It’s just like a shopping experience. Some people can afford to shop at Nordstrom’s, others can’t. So maybe you choose more affordable options like Macy's, Kohl's or Target. In what Universe can you walk into any of these stores and demand a better price. That’s absurd. Same concept. Prices are what they are. Yeah the fees are a little annoying, but hey. I choose to stay with Comcast so that comes with the territory.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had called up Comcast Tech Support to explain I was having a problem with my cable modem. In the end it was decided I needed a new cable modem but we have a router that goes into the modem. The way the tech support guy explained it to me and my wife I thought I was slow or something. I could not understand what we needed to do. I then went to the Port Murray located to exchange up old modem for a new one. There was a sales consultant named Leonard ** who explained when I have a Comcast modem it is also a router and if I have my own router I need to put the modem in bridge mode or just have the router part of the modem disabled. That was an exceptional explanation. Just wanted to say how happy that Lenny explains this so well. But it also brings up why couldn't the tech support people explain this in a way my wife and I could understand.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They've TRULY stepped up their game, very accommodating, service AND equipment is top notch, they are very anxious to have everything flow smoothly for their customers. Representatives are extremely knowledgeable, from their phone center to their Service Reps. VERY HAPPY ON EVERY LEVEL. ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT THING - THEY HIRE AMERICANS. I HATE getting the Philippines where the call can drag on for hours and hours. India, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala - all have great service people. But the Philippines??? Yuck. SO THANKS FOR HIRING AMERICANS SO WE HAVE LESS HOMELESSNESS.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Prices in general are too high for all broadband (my opinion). It's now a 'need' not a 'want' and we are paying through the nose. Need some govt regulation. Of what is available in my area Xfinity delivers the fastest, most consistent bandwidth. Customer service is generally knowledgeable and wants to help. When one has an issue do a better job of giving the customer a specific person they can email, chat or call for follow-up if required. Very frustrating having to re-explain an issue several times to agents. One gets passed to in the queue.

Need to make pricing options simpler, more clear, programs and packages aimed to reward retention of long term customers. Sometimes it seems their focus is on attracting new customers with great deals while putting customers who have been loyal for years at the back of the queue for great deals. Need better balance between these goals (attract new, retain established) with increased emphasis and incentives for retention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: July 14, 2019

I first want to say that I have been a Comcast cable customer since the 1990s and have been happy with my service. My happiness turned to despair when I moved from my home of almost 30 years. On 4/9/2019 I put in a move order with Comcast. The customer representative informed me that my current cable/internet/phone pricing contract (only 3 months left in it) was still the best deal so I would continue to pay $219.47 for the same services. The hardware associated with my old contract included 1 DVR, 3 cable boxes, and one DTA.

When the installer came to my new home 4/19/2019 he stated that I only had the DVR, 1 cable box, and 1 DTA. Adding back 2 cable boxes would increase my bill by $20. I explained to him I should have 3 cable boxes - even showed him my original contract from 2017 showing that they were included (also these old cable boxes were physically on my system). He called his supervisor and they believed they figured out what went wrong and planned to get the bill fixed. In order to get all the boxes the technician told me to sign the form and that he or his supervisor would get the bill fixed for me. So mistake number one on my part - I believed they would fix it so I went ahead and signed the agreement for the increased bill amount.

I have been on the phone with Comcast ever since trying to get this issue fixed. I even submitted cancellation forms a couple of times but when I talked to a customer representative they always said they could fix it but would need to call me back. I never got called back. Also, in many instances an “escalation ticket” was generated in which I was supposed to get a callback. Again, I never got called back.

After a lot of promises not kept and a lot of other issues with my billing (such as billing me late fees when I am enrolled in autopay) I finally made my way to the store to drop off all my hardware. Now Comcast wants to charge me a penalty for cancelling the contract. I strongly disagree with this penalty fee because of all the issues since I signed it and never getting resolution. I spent a lot of my time talking to dozens of Comcast representatives - each call at least an hour - and if anything Comcast should pay me for MY time in dealing with them. If they were just upfront with me in the first place I would have cancelled immediately and gone my separate way but after being led on for 2 months I am finally giving up. I feel they “ran out the clock” trying to trap me in a contract I do not want.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Went to their local store wanting to terminate service after 20 years. EE said I signed a contract. Asked for a copy of the contract as I never sign anything unless I review it. EE said I couldn't have a copy. Finally got a copy a few months later after threading to sue. Digital signed contracts were made illegal under 9th Circuit court in 2016. Found that Comcast had been overcharging me for several years for internet only.

Filed a complaint with BBB & the Washington State AG's office, gave each office a complete file and payments made going back 20 year. That was a waste of time, these agencies are in the pocket of Comcast. Asked for help from Senator Murray, gave her office a complete file. They never did anything. To get rid of Comcast, paid their extortion up to the end of the illegal contract. Comcast method of operation is total silence. For the person who moved and wanted to cancel after 5 year, see if you signed a digital contract. That happens when the Comcast EE will ask you to sign in at their brick and mortar site. Talk about a corrupt organization.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I was a loyal customer for over six years and always paid my bill on time. When I moved, Xfinity wasn’t available in the area so I called to cancel my service and was told that they couldn't waive the early termination fee. I would understand if I terminated because I no longer wanted the service but it's not available in the new area so I shouldn't be charged. They wouldn't even given me a reduced fee for early termination. The internet service was always going out and very slow at night. I never complained and just dealt with the issues. I paid a lot of money for cable and internet with many issues and still continued to and pay on time. The least they could've done was waive the early termination fee. I will never recommend Xfinity to anyone.

Original review: July 6, 2019

The 3 years I was with Comcast was the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced, they lie about everything, as in telling you to call back a month later to renew your contact and in 2 weeks they double the cost of your service and told me I should have called 3 weeks earlier. When I gave the name of the person I talks to they said “we use employee numbers and names are useless." When I was waiting to talk to a manger, I was told the person I talked put me in a 1 year contact, when I told him I had recorded the conversation and had their employee number, he did work with me, but it was too little to late. I cancelled my contract and went else where. I felt like I was imprisoned and was dealing with a used car salesman with no way to get anywhere. I will never go back to Comcast, I will watch TV using an antenna and watch movies on beta max before I go back to them.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I saw my bill went up $20 from last month so I chatted and was told it just was increased because of "new apps in the X1 platform and adding things like Amazon Prime." Great. I then spent the next half an hour of various holding times to be told I was in the lowest cost plan and there was nothing to be done. They know they have a monopoly and don't care. It's such a hassle but I think I've had it enough to at least try DirecTV or Dish.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I called Comcast to disconnect my cable service only and NOT my phone, selling condo and need phone service to gain access to condo. They disconnected all my services!!! 5 days now and still waiting for the tech to come back, after many failed attempts, to reconnect the modem and phone ONLY they show up without warning and since there is no phone they can't buzz in and notify us that they are there. They showed up today without the equipment needed to complete the job, after spending more than 1 hour last night going over all that was needed and having the ordered confirmed!

Another day and still NO SERVICE. 10-20 phones calls and no one can help me. 1 final attempt tomorrow morning to reconnect the phones. I don't have any faith but 1 more try then a my attorney will deal with Comcast and the BBB will hear my reviews and comments. I also plan to take this to the news media. I am doing this all for my elderly parents, can't imagine anyone going through such a hard time and getting nowhere! The automated phone system is horrible. The only saving grace is once you finally get a real person, they try to help, but with no avail!

Original review: July 3, 2019

You'll get half of what you were told for twice the quoted cost. I set up a cable/internet bundle. Cable came with 140+ HD channels, and I opted for self-install. The device I received "couldn't be activated for some reason", so they had to send a guy anyways (that's a fee). The guy told me my cable box can't do HD (that's a fee) -- the box they send to HD subscribers outputs standard definition and upgrading is $10/month. None of this was stated when I was signing up, unlike the "fee to give you broadcast that you already have" and "fee, because sports?".

My introductory rate is $80/month, but I'm actually paying $120/month for half a dozen made-up fees, and soon my bill will be $160/month, because Comcast has a monopoly and they have zero regard for the customer. Honestly, I'd be less angry if they had just said "WiFi is $200/month" and charged me $200/month. Instead they scheme to add fees on fees on fees, and if you need internet to work and play, you let them push you around. Hands-down worst customer experience in my life.

Original review: July 3, 2019

The only reason I have this cable company is because my complex that I live at only allows this company. Every time I call the customer service phone number to get something fixed, they never do what they say they are going to do. There are always issues with this company.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We got the package last year September and without fail the internet, TV and security system all go down several times a month. The techs that come to the house have all told us that upgrades are being done and until it’s completed, we will have issues. When we call the customer service line they know nothing of the upgrade and basically tell me I’m lying when I have issues. I hate that they have locked up into a two year contract. For a company that spends so much on advertising they should really step up to the plate and take care of its customers. I’m not sure what the service is like everywhere else in the country but the service in Atlanta sucks.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We had full cable and internet service. The price kept going up and service and access went down. We decided to drop the cable for a while and now our internet only service -- $20 Less than Full service inexplicably fails intermittently. Comcast is baffled by this unexplained phenomena. They have no record of this outage but also will not be cajoled into serving their customers needs. Comcast is more interested in selling SUNRUN SOLAR than supporting their customer base.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had an absolute horrible experience with Comcast. I've had several, but this one tops the charts. I purchased their xFi pods. They did not work, constantly slowed down my existing Internet. I went to a retail store to return them. They would NOT take them. I went to FedEx to ship them back. Never received a refund. Comcast said, "wait 90 days." Then they will not give my money back. Essentially I gave them $130, and I don't even get to keep their crappy product. This is on top of the $300 a month I pay. Thank you for consistently being the worst.

Original review: June 28, 2019

My condo association decided to renew a contract with Comcast and as a part of the agreement they are including a DVR, Cable Box, and Stream Box and no Charge high Hi Def Content. What they didn't tell anyone is that the negotiated rate of $50 for cable and additional channels was going to increase to $80 (A $30 increase!). I also watch a lot of Hulu and Netflix so we had unlimited data for $50 so we were paying $100 a month. Now that is $130 a month and the company is now saying they don't provide any discounts and everything is charged ala-carte. Sorry Comcast, but I'm looking for replacement right now.

Original review: June 26, 2019

My mother is 93 years old on lifeline and has major medical needs. She lives alone. She had to walk with her walker to the neighbors house (she does not ambulate well) to call me to help her get her phone working. I called Comcast and spoke to Francis in NH or Ma who did not have any you know whats to give me his last name. I explained that my mother is elderly and lives alone and needed someone to fix her phone. I was told because I did not have the account number she could not be scheduled for service. I suggested they schedule it and have my mother give the number when they come to the door and was denied.

My mother is medically fragile and I then had to contact corporate. I explained the situation and I reinforced the fact that I have better things to do than to torture Comcast with prank calls. Francis should lose his job. I then spoke to Eddie ** from corporate who did a great job. He arranged for service and gave me a case number to follow up. So Eddie ** gets 10 stars and Francis gets a ZERO and should lose his job.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Over 2 hours on the phone today with a woman I could barely understand who spoke some kind of English I could barely understand? This was over a bill increase of over $20 per Month. After over 2 hours on the phone with 2 different people in customer service (a term I use loosely), I lost a few hundred channels, was treated rudely, and with little to no compassion for my issue, still paying more per month than last. They don't seem to care about customer retention in the least. I have been a customer for near 40 years and today was the worst experience I ever had with them. I will be seeking another provider at some point as there are so many other options for way less $$. I do not recommend this company. If I could give less than 1 star, I would!!

Original review: June 23, 2019

On May 9, I received confirmation for a successful due date change for the 27th of the month. With the understanding, that my due date was changed I waited for the next billing. The due date change is needed to match my pay period so I could avoid the late fees and make timely payments. Of course it affects my pay history with Comcast.

On 06/23/19, I received a late payment notice stating I need to make my payment soon. I called the call center to ask about the completed due date change. I spoke to Gloria where she stated there wasn't due date change on the account. She told I need to go online to change the billing cycle and reiterated Comcast website does not allow a customer to change billing cycles only the due date. I asked for a supervisor and Gloria placed me on hold from 12:45 PM - 1:09 PM. Gloria stated I would be on hold but it was a silent hold. In meantime, I was venting to my daughter and Gloria heard a few choice words then she said to respect the phone call.

I asked Jenny several times was she a supervisor because my experience has been other agents impersonating a supervisor. Jenny - (supervisor) she listened but placed me back on hold 1:10 pm to see what happened for the due date change. Jenny stated with my pay history, my account eligibility was changed where I could not change my due date for 6 months. I asked Jenny why I wouldn’t be notified of the denial to change my due date...no response. The notification of the denial to change due date change would allow me to make other arrangements.

For over a year getting Comcast Service, I've had Internet service and phone issue with a few Cable issues. I've made call after call and finally the issues started to clear up in which I've been enjoying the service. The customer service representatives (some not all) have provided incorrect information that aggravates the issue. Some are confrontational, rude and unprofessional which makes the phone call difficult and frustrating.

Original review: June 23, 2019

This company functions in chaos. We were already longtime customers and bundled some services last summer to add home phone and internet service. It took five different technicians and a supervisor to finally get it right. The account holder passed away in late 2018. I knew the contract was expiring in June 2019 and the bill would jump from about $140 a month to $200 per month. I’m not paying that much, plain and simple. I made a trip to the store thinking I could renegotiate the contract. The salesperson advised me to cancel the current account and open a new account under my name to take advantage of current promotions. I canceled the contract on June 6th and specified I wanted it turned off on June 23rd, the day the contract ends. This was in writing, mind you. They turned off the service on June 6th.

I called and had it turned back on. I made another trip to the store to try to open a new account under my name. The salesman who waited on me looked like a ** addict, including missing teeth. After he explained that the previous “turn on” had actually renewed the contract for a year, he offered me a plan with less channels and $20 a month more than I was already paying. I canceled and walked out - I came to lower my bill and not raise it. I’m going with another internet provider and will be getting an Amazon Fire Stick or something similar. Also, for about the last six months or so, my bill included an extra $10. I would call every month to have it taken off - there was never any credible explanation from company reps as to why the bill had increased. In short, avoid this company at all costs!!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

When I first signed up I was excited, been almost 7 years since I had cable service, I thought Xfinity service was better now. I was so wrong. Horrible service. When I first signed up for the service I was told that I could set it up and install it myself without a technician, that was a lie. When I called them to activate my services, I was informed that a technician is required and of course they charge a fee for that. First red flag, but I ignored it. I was also told upon signing up I would receive DVR and other channels in my service package. This was also a lie, I end up having to pay more for the channels. The second red flag I ignored. I then found a few weeks not a month or the day of signing up with Xfinity, but a few weeks later that my first bill was due the day my service was activated.

I spoke to someone and was told that I had to the end of the following month to pay. Just the bill comes out a month in advance, ok. Third red flag I ignored. I get a call from Comcast just 7 days ago, they told me my bill was a month past due and threatened service interruption. I just started my service on May 9. Activated May 11 of this year. Here it is June 15, 2019 and you're telling me my bill is a month late. Last time I spoke to someone they told me I had 'til the end of the month of June to pay my bill. HUGE RED FLAG!!!! I told them when I woke up to find service acting up, that I will pay the bill June 27th and was told that if the bill is paid on that date then my service will be fine. I wake up on my birthday and find my services not working.

I call Xfinity and they tell me they interrupt my service because the bill is past due by a week. It's the 22nd of June and just spoke to someone yesterday and they told me the June 27th payment would secure my services, so why is it not working. I was told that basically I was misinformed and that new customers have to pay their bill a month in advance. That makes no sense, and I should have been informed of this requirement upon signing up. I was told the bill comes out a month in advance but that it was not due 'til the end of the following month.

The representative that I spoke with obviously did not know what she was doing. I was placed on hold several times. I remained patient, but I'm pissed. So I kindly told them that they can have their equipment back. Been about 7 years without cable. I was content with streaming and using my phone service wifi. I will continue to do so. THANK YOU. I'M GOOD ON XFINITY. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED!!

Original review: June 22, 2019

We have lived all over the US, and had many other cable companies. This is our first time having Comcast, and it's also the worst customer service I've experienced in my life. I have never once been charged by a company for a service call on their failing equipment, until now. $70 for a guy to come out and say, "It's all working fine." Had to have them come back a month later, at the insistence of the tech on the phone, to fix it and replace the box again, and they tried to charge us again! Contested it, and was told by two separate people, after a series of about 14 phone calls, that we would be credited. I had paid all but the $70 charge, expecting the credit, and it didn't come. Then I got a late charge. Was promised it would be there the next month, and once again it didn't come, and I got ANOTHER LATE CHARGE.

At this point if I would have called again, I'm sure I would have had a coronary...so I just paid it. Over promise, and under deliver, because they know they don't have any competition in this area. Finishing my contract, and kicking them to the curb. Highly unimpressed. To top that off, don't try to go to the local office, because the old ladies in there are awful, rude, little beasts.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've been using the Business Internet Service for over three years and for the most part, the service is OK. What I am dissatisfied with is their pricing policy. To get you in, they promise this life and the next, and then, if you are not on top of the calendar, to change to a "new" plan, they jack up the price and they empty your pockets before you notice it. In my case went from $137 per month to $214 a month. When I called to inquire, they indicated that the discount period had expired and that the amount charged was the regular price and I would have to switch to a new plan to take advantage of new discounts, and so on and so forth. I switched to Centurylink for similar internet service, no phone and no tv and my cost went down to at $69.50.

However, when I called Comcast/Xfinity to cancel, they stuck me with "60 days" notice of termination" fee where I have to pay one and a half month's worth of service just to cancel, when I am using someone else's service, and I out of the fixed time contract obligation. What a bunch of crooks. With certainty I can say, I will never again use Comcast Business internet for my business internet needs.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Very disappointed!!! These people steal all your money! Worst cable company ever, just cancelled my contract, they don't even care about losing a 6 year customer!! Stay away from this ** company.. There are more companies out there with better service and prices.

Original review: June 19, 2019

They provide terrible customer support. I was on the phone for an hour and spoke with 3 customer support reps before I learned that because I am not the primary on the account, I couldn't recover the emails that Xfinity filtered out of my inbox (without my permission) for 4 months. The only option they provided to fix this, was to have the primary account holder call in and set me as an authorized user (an likely wait another hour on the phone). I asked if I could have him email, conference him in by phone, or have Comcast call him directly and they said no to every option. I decided not to force the primary account owner to go through the same hour of agony I went through and decided it was better to cut my losses, forget the lost emails and go with Gmail.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Completely unsatisfied. Lost internet AND cable. After calling and waiting and getting transferred, I got a 3 day appointment. So now I have no cable, WiFi or phone for 3 days. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Physical service is intermittent at best. Customer service is horrible. They are “so sorry “ all the time but onus is on customer to return faulty equipment. Praying for patience in dealing with them and competition.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Internet went down at 9:30, it's 2:30 and not back up. 1 x call + 2 x chat interaction says "We're working on it. We don't know the cause, a neighbor might have cut the cable by mistake". Wow. Talk about a stock/empty answer. I asked "outages aren't uncommon. Have had problems in past. Any way you can look up disruptions?" "Sure we can, but only for past 4 mos". Wait for it....17 hours of downtime in past 4 mos. That'd fail any SLA. Unconscionable.

Be mindful of the intermittent $ bumps in your contract and be wary of their sales folks who, like car sellers, have smartly learned what to share and what not to share. Case in point, Xfinity Home is NOT compatible with previous systems so be prepared to buy more gear and "Sure, we can accommodate your request to lower your bill" will be met with some back-end chicanery that lowers one service while up-charging another'...."bundling" works best when there's transparency!

Last thing: they'll say they intentionally do this to protect customer's security, but their systems don't talk to e/o or share data that well. Lengthy set up process for Xfinity Home. Dispatched agent says "Sorry, I can't do this install? My dispatch system doesn't show the right details". Customer Service calls are regularly asking questions like "What is your email? or address?" (Hint: it s/b in my profile you're looking at!) If it's a security question, say so. Oh, and despite being on Home, Cable, Phone, Internet, I regularly get mailers asking me to consider Comcast. Lack of holistic view of customer across their systems.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I don't think the service could be worse?? We pay over $300 a month. The cable blue screens constantly. I didn't realize that was possible with cable. Worst most overpriced tv ever??? It’s hard to believe it could be this poor. My internet goes down at least once or twice a day. So add that to the package of terrible.

XFINITY Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.

• Service availability: Comcast has one of the largest service networks in the country, making it available in most areas of the US.

• Produces exclusive content: As a sister corporation to Universal Pictures, Comcast has exclusive access to movies and other video content.

• Intuitive on-demand menus: Comcast offers an intuitive menu system for on-demand service.

• Service bundles available: The company bundles telephone and Internet services, and it offers customer discounts for purchasing service bundles.

• Expansive channel listing: Comcast offers one of the largest channel selections of paid TV providers, with 260 channels.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs