Cox Cable

Cox Cable

3.8/5 (1353 ratings)

About Cox Cable

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

Pros

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

Cons

• Rates often increase after intro period

Bottom Line

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have Gigablast and tv only. $226.00. I want to end tv to lower my bill. No help or anything. They want to charge me 226.00 to get out of my annual. So I will wait another month and cut the cord. After 29 years, pretty junk customer service. Go to Youtube TV folks. You get 6 accounts on phones or tabs or TVs anywhere. Cut the Cable!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

There is no internet in my neighborhood for almost one week and each time I call the representative has no clue that there is an outage and wants to reset my box despite telling them of the main issue. They set up a service call for the main connection in the area only after I asked to escalate the issue as I rely on the internet for school and because I am disabled cannot travel to find alternative wifi connections. They say they are sorry but they have no sense of urgency. I have been a Cox customer for six years but due to this issue I am researching other internet providers.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

$35 a month turns into $70 a month. They charge you a rental fee for the router, they charge for every little thing they can. I wish I would have chosen another company because after 3 months I'm paying $70 and I'm locked into another 9 months. Do yourself a favor and don't ever use COX.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I've had Cox Communications for cable for years and there is no other TV/INTERNET provider in the area where I live. Constantly, like every 3cmonths, I've had to call in to keep the price in line with my budget. I just got talked into Cox Home Security after having 2 incidents and the price of equipment was quoted less than what I ended up paying and was supposed to be divided into 4 payments per the salesman. I was hit with $875. bill and have incurred late fees and disconnect threats. I'm not very happy.

Original review: July 15, 2021

When it comes to speed for the internet and a home phone Cox is the way to go. We have had no problems with the service that they provide. I would tell people to try them out because they have a talking remote for cable which is really helpful.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Overall service is ok. Very expensive since there is no other cable service locally. Tech support is good if you have problems. Channel select is good, phone service is awesome, internet the fastest in the area and home life security is good.

Original review: July 13, 2021

We use Cox for internet as we have a bunch of local and free channels plus we have one inexpensive service with about 65 channels. Cox has changed rates a couple times but overall they are ok. I do recommend purchasing your own router/modem that is compatible with their system otherwise you rent their equipment which is already paid for. They may try to discourage you, did me, as that is just profit for them.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My elderly mother has Cox- used them for years. We recently moved her into a retirement home and Cox raised her rates big time. I think they took advantage of her. I spent several hours on the phone with them trying to get an explanation for bills that have gone from $150 a month to $250 a month and I still can’t get a straight answer. They transferred me all over the place. Some were helpful but others were downright rude. I’ll be helping my mom shop for other providers.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I have had the displeasure of relying on Cox communications for my internet for 3 years now working from home. The connection has NEVER been what they advertised. After almost a year of fighting with them to maintain at LEAST 3.5 MBPS on my 50 MBPS plan so I could work I finally gave in and upgraded to the 'gigablast' program. This helped by upping my speed to a usable level (over 3.5 MBPS). Performance has NEVER exceeded 50% of the advertised speed and often is a fraction of that. In addition the service has routine outages. FORTUNATELY my new employer allows me to use my hotspot or else I would have been fired long ago. I get disconnect on average 5-10 times a day. I would use ANYTHING ELSE if there was a reasonable competitor in my zip code. In summary, the service is horribly unreliable and the advertised speed is a complete lie.

Original review: June 22, 2021

My internet & cable was down for over 24 hours. Cox said they will send out a technician 3 days later and they charge me to send the technician out. My service went down Monday and waited until Thursday for them to come and fix it. Cox said that they don't guarantee the service because as a customer, we signed the contract stating that residential service can't work from home. They don't guarantee the service even though we paid for it. Very poor service and can't get any help.

Cox Cable Company Information