3.8/5 (1253 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: July 21, 2021

Started with a 64$ plan then to $78 then without notice to $100. All this for Internet ONLY with no cable box or modem! Charged me for Showtime which I didn't know I had. Then billed. This company has the continuous balls to keep charging for services keep increasing prices, and expecting to pay.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Good, reliable service, but many unwanted channels. Everyone could say this though. Wish there was a la carte for what we actually want and charge less. Internet speed is good and the phone service is also very reliable.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Xfinity and I have a love/hate relationship. I love their system and how it allows me to have "Favorites" and even mark my favorite actors/actresses, while searching for all of the films and shows they're in. It records multiple shows at any one time (4 or 5) and the cloud-based DVR is awesome because it doesn't require a box and I have 57 movies and am only 46% full. HOWEVER, their service is always inconsistent, their management 'claims' to follow-up and I've NEVER had anyone actually follow-up or return a call. The only time they're adamant about communicating is about their bills... Sad and disrespectful.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Quality of the cable service is very good. Customer support can be questionable very frequently. Keeping a current customer with good support and service is a top priority. This is not always the situation.

Original review: July 17, 2021

As with most companies they are the only game in town so very expensive. I am at the mercy of the channels they state I can get and they can change or eliminate what I have access to at any time - which has happened. As for equipment and cables, no notifications that I am ready for an upgrade. I am only made aware when I have an issue they cannot take care of via the phone. And the Customer Service via phone contact is so so at best. I am looking for alternatives.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My relationship with this company started off rough initially, however their customer service and accessibility has improved. I do have to call every year or couple months to inquire about any new packages for current customers. However, my cable and internet is reliable.

Original review: July 16, 2021

They overcharge. They call it a $80 plan and you end up paying $110.00. Years later they offer you the same for $89.99. My plan is for 1200 Meg. At best it is 980 megs. Tested in home by their tech. They charged me $55.00 for that information.

Original review: July 15, 2021

They're so big that unfortunately customer service isn't great. Prices keep going up, but channels are going down. Every month I get an email saying they are issuing a courtesy credit and it never comes. Language barriers with CS make it long and difficult.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have had some issues with them in the past, but overall they are a good cable company. I would not change them for anything. Hopefully, their prices won't go up anymore and I will stay with them. Keep up the good work.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've now been a customer for 4 years, a bundle rate - due to condo association, and my landline is always perfect, TV is always doing normal updates, and my Internet runs like a dream, I've had no issues with billings or contacts as their connection with my equipment has the thorough technology for them to know in advance.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Comcast service is spotty, erratic and costly. My bill goes up by 3 or 4 dollars every month. Their service gets worse every month. And you can never speak to anyone live. And when you do Every one is foreign, it is so difficult to make them understand your problem!

Original review: July 13, 2021

Getting a good internet and cable service is not always easy but with this new deal we have secure and reliable service for our money’s worth. I recommend using Comcast for all of your satellite TV and cable needs.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with my customer service experience with Xfinity. I have been a loyal customer for years and am now looking at switching to another company. We recently moved and requested to transfer the service address for our internet. I was told there was already a history of service at the new address and that I could transfer the box and set up service over the phone. I attempted to do this last Sunday and as it turns out, we would need a technician to come out and do an installation, costing us $100 for his services. No issue. We scheduled the appointment for Tuesday arriving between 1PM-3PM. I never received a confirmation email so I called back later to confirm the appointment. I was advised the appointment is confirmed, no worries we will call when on the way.

On Tuesday at 1:30 I hadn't heard anything and still had not received any emails or texts so I contacted customer service through the chat portal. I was advised again, "Yes the appointment is confirmed. We will call when on the way." The arrival window passed. I contacted the chat portal again. I was advised again that the appointment was still standing. Then later in the chat was told that the tech was not going to come out at all that day. I was THEN told that there was NEVER an appointment made. I asked to speak with a supervisor but was then just transferred to wait in the queue to speak with a customer service rep all over again. I then requested again that I speak with a supervisor. I was not transferred to a supervisor but I was transferred to a member of the escalations team.

After setting up an appointment for the following day and sending a confirmation email of the appointment, she advised me that the $100 fee would be waived because of the inconvenience of being lied to several times regarding the appointment. She advised that she made the notations, and after the installation services were completed, all I would have to do is contact customer service one more time, they would see the notes and be able to remove the charge at that time. Well this morning I contacted customer service and was told that higher management deemed the charges valid and they will not remove the charge and will give a $20 credit instead.

So basically I continue to be lied to- I am not asking to just get the answer I want, I am asking to be told the truth and every one I have spoken to has lied or been deceitful in some way to just pass me on to the next poor soul who answers the phone. I have screen shots of all my interactions proving that I am telling the truth about what happened. I would like this company to follow through with what they say they will do instead of continuing to give me the run around as though I am not a valid customer.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Been a customer for 10 years and last 24 months have been horrible. New box in September 2019. Bill keeps going up. Features and service keeps going down. Constant lagging, DVR and Cable TV commands freeze. Constant cable box restarts. Automated system refuses to let customer get through to tech persons until remote restart is automatically performed even after I have already tried a restart myself. When I finally do get to a technician, they don't read the open problem even though I ask them to. They want to do yet another restart. Then they tell me they did find a problem and boosted my signal, but problem keeps resurfacing.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I have been an Xfinity customer for many years. I had 300MB internet as was offered 1 Gig service at a promotional price. I upgraded my service and purchased my own modem. Xfinity couldn't activate it remotely. They send a technician who said he has to repair a wire OUTSIDE my apartment building. He got the modem to work. Then I received a $100 charge from Xfinity. When I disputed it, I was told that because the self-installation failed, they had to send a 3rd party tech to repair their wiring OUTSIDE my building. They refused to credit me the $100. WHAT A SCAM!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Nothing really needed to put here. Just look anywhere online. Comcast is one of the worst TV/int service providers in the US. Very unprofessional, disorganized, and unskilled in terms of work force. Recommend DirecTV.

Original review: June 25, 2021

On 6/22/2021 I had a problem programming new equipment. I worked with a tech from the Phil. Her name is Ann and id number is OIG. She was outstanding solving my problem. She was patient and courteous and knew her job well. Please thank her.

Original review: June 3, 2021

There is a long cable that belongs to Comcast that is laying across our backyard and our next door neighbor's yard that has been there for almost a month! Making a phone call to Comcast was far from simple or easy; the telephone queue only gives two options to choose for assistance: existing customer and request for new service! Once we did reach one of their agents to explain the situation, we were assured that someone would be out to bury the cable; that was 3 weeks ago! We called again just today and at least were given a 'ticket number,' but we were not given any estimate as to when we may expect for the cable to be taken care of.

Original review: May 11, 2021

When former Board of Supervisors, Susan Leal was the head of the City's Finance Committee, she warned San Franciscans about the perils of agreeing to a contract with Comcast. Her concern was based on her staff's research that showed that their track record was abysmal relative to being attentive to their customer's needs! Sure as heck, here we are stuck with this vendor servicing San Francisco and they have more outages than Carter has made Live pills! The prices increase like clockwork and the services are totally inferior. We'll be finding another vendor in my household, as soon as we can find one that is honest and reasonable in service, unlike Comcast/Xfinity! This is what happens when a company gets too big and ignores its own infrastructure investments! Who's looking out for the consumer?

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have been a Comcast Customer for 6 years, Xfinity Mobile as well, for almost three years. During that time, I have been late on payments, especially when the company I worked for since 2014 closed due to the pandemic. Now I am on unemployment and a pretty strict budget, but still, I manage to pay my cable and cell phone bills. Because of billing disputes in the past, such as MLB Extra Innings charges, and other erroneous Xfinity billing charges, I have always refused setting up automatic payments. That hasn't stopped Xfinity from taking an unauthorized payment from my accounts now and then though, the most recent being April 9, 2021 for $427.45.

It is true that on March 15, 2021, I changed my plan to reduce my monthly bill amount. Of course, I was asked to enroll in automatic payments, of which I refused. See the confirmation email sent to me on March 15, 2021. I did agree to paperless billing but not automatic payments. On March 29, 2021, I logged into my Xfinity to pay my bill, and it said I had a past due amount of only $53.82, so I paid that amount. But knowing that I really owed more than that, on April 3, 2021, I paid an additional $230.00. Without any notice, on April 9, 2021, Comcast took an additional $427.45 from my unemployment debit card. I didn’t find out until that following Sunday, when my card was declined trying to buy groceries at Jewel.

Needless to say, I was very upset. In a span of 10 days, Comcast got $711.27 from me, of course $427.45 totally unauthorized. Between Sunday and Monday, I spoke to at least 6 different customer service representatives from Comcast, all of which gave me different stories on why I cannot get a refund, even though they all agreed that the amount of $427.45 was overpaid. They offered me a credit towards my next bill, ranging from overpaid claims of 37 dollars to 158.00. They all had different stories too on why that amount of $427.45 was taken. Finally, on Monday late afternoon, a manger from Comcast agreed to refund my account the full amount. He told me that it would take 24 to 48 hours and gave me both a case number and confirmation number for the refund.

When Thursday came and I sill hadn't received it, I called Comcast again. After speaking with at least 3 agents, I finally got a hold of another manager who told me that no such refund had even been processed yet. I gave her the case and confirmation numbers, which turned out to be bogus numbers. When I heard that, I got really mad, but to her credit, she was very apologetic and told me that she would make sure my refund was processed but it may take up to 5 business days. She gave me a new set of confirmation numbers.. those of which turned out to be legitimate. On April 22, 2021, $427.45 was refunded to my debit card, 13 days later!

Unfortunately, I had also filed a dispute with my card holder, which they told me would take 10 days to resolve. Later that day, they ruled on my behalf and canceled the card so that Comcast couldn’t use it again. They told me that a new card will be mailed to me and I should receive it in 7 to 10 days, freezing that money till then. I paid them $29.00 to expedite it. I wasn’t very happy with them either. The whole ordeal took me 16 days to resolve and cost me $29.00. After being lied to over and over again by at-least 10 different Comcast Agents, including one manager that gave me bogus confirmation numbers just to get me off the phone, more than a half a month went by and it was about that time to pay my cable bill again. I about had a heart attack when I seen on my next bill that an automatic payment amount of $398.38 was scheduled to be taken on May 1, 2021.

Again, I spent another hour talking to Comcast Agents until I was reassured that no automatic payments would be taken. So I logged into my Xfinity account to make my payment, but all my credit and debit cards were deleted from the site and when I tried to enter a new card to pay with, I got error messages saying I was suspended from using credit or debit cards.

Back on the phone to Comcast I went, till I finally got through, where it took me 90 minutes of speaking to different agents to finally learn that your automatic payment system suspended me from making payments using any credit or debit card. My only options to pay online is direct checking account, or I can pay at any Comcast or Xfinity payment center. Certainly, there has to be someone at Comcast that can override your automatic payment software, but apparently not. I do not have a vehicle at this time, so I took an Uber to and from my bank where I withdrew the money using the ATM and deposited it in my checking account. That cost me another 21 dollars.

I find it aggravatingly ironic that the automated payment bot suspended me from using credit and debit cards to pay my Xfinity bill inside the automated system because of issues using my cards with the automated system, caused by the automated system. I blew 50 dollars in April, just to pay my cable bill, and what did I get in return, ten dollar late charges and just for kicks, the automated system even charged me another ten dollars for going over my data usage for the month. As it turns out, I have never been over that 1.2TB per month, although I just recently learned of this. So I paid the $232.00 past due amount, leaving a balance of 166.38. The last thing I feel like is a valued Comcast customer, especial after I received confirmation of my payment along with a brand new bill made up by the automated system just for me it seems.

How it went from 166.38 to 355.55 in one day, I will never know. But it did make me wonder how an automated payment system can rule a multi-billion dollar a month conglomerate like Xfinity and companies. Somehow I think it's by design and the only thing I can do about it all is to find an alternative service, of which I have began looking. I would gladly give up some download speed for an internet provider I can trust.

I read some of Xfinity corporate mission statements regarding customer service and always being professional. Apparently, those mission statements were never distributed to Comcast Personnel in Chicago. I am sure this letter will just fall on deaf ears just as most of my complaints have. But it needed to be written. I am not sure of my liability regarding any binding provisions of a service contract with Comcast, but I am sure what transpired between myself and Comcast would be sufficiently considered legally as a breech of said service contract. With that being said, please feel free to shock me by calling anytime to discuss the aforementioned.

Original review: April 10, 2021

In been living in my home since 2001. Over the years I had COMCAST, At&T UVerse and DirecTV. I must say that COMCAST bar none was the very worst. In 2020 due to the pandemic my wife and I both lost our jobs.. Comcast did nothing to assist us in lowering the price or offer any assistance. Due to COVID and the loss of income we decided to sell our home and we are moving out of South Florida. I called to relocate the service to our new address and Comcast to find out the Comcast does not offer service in the New Smyrna Beach. They informed me that since they don't offer service then I will have to pay a $160. cancellation fee. Under they circumstances you would think they would be human and understanding however was told the READ THE CONTRACT. Good luck with finding a phone number for support. Save yourself the headaches and AVOID COMCAST like the plague

Original review: April 6, 2021

Within a 24 hour period Xfinity has had outages. Prior to today (4/7/21) outages have become a regular event every Sunday evening. This is very frustrating. Xfinity doesn't seem to know how to fix so there aren't regular outages. Not sure if I should plan on this. Xfinity is not a technical company. They rent from Verizon. That's probably why they can't fix their service.

Customer service is absolutely horrible. Nothing new, most customers know how bad their customer service. Unless you enjoy communicating with a BOT who can't answer a question that's not in the FAQ, look for another service provider. The auto phone attendant will fight you if you want to speak to an agent. The auto attendant hung up on me 4 times. It's next to impossible to speak to an agent. When finally connected the agent can't or won't answer questions. Sometimes their solution is to disconnect the call. If you request a call back for customer service, don't wait days. Call backs arent necessarily done. This means another call to Xfinity for privilege of long waits (up to 1 hour) and a fight with the phone's auto attendant. I hate to contact Xfinity because of the horrible customer service. Seems like BOTs are all they want to use.

Prices are outrageous. New customers can pay $19.99 to $44 per mo for 1 year. Second year price jumps to almost $200! (Cheaper if you don't get a cable box (the box that connects tv for service) or don't get a modem to provide Internet connection. So it's cheaper to pay hundreds per month for poor service and frequent outages. A long held belief backed by facts, Xfinity isn't customer oriented. For them it's only about money! If you want reliable cable service Xfinity is not for you. If you want a company that values customers, Xfinity/Comcast is not for you. There are more providers to choose that value customers. Apparently they rely on new customers and can afford the churn (subscriber turn over).

Original review: March 16, 2021

I talked to Nausea at 800 very rude talk over you. So I talked to Dillon. No satisfaction so he puts in for Urich to take care of me. OMG. He was terrible. He's a glorified call center piece of work. Couldn't answer why 700.00 they requested in 2 months now a bill for 400.00. Straight robbery and at the time of covid I need help. He was rude and he can't find the money taken out of the bank.. Very mad customer. Only because there no one else but Comcast... Monopoly

Original review: March 5, 2021

First off, the products I received from Xfinity have been good overall. But I'm here to discuss their ridiculous customer service. I recently tried to move my service due to a military related transfer, but their service was unavailable in the area I was moving to. I tried to do this online because I have had previous bad experiences trying to call customer service. Having completed the information online, I was notified that I could be subject to early termination fees, so I wanted to speak to a live agent to verify. Here's where the real fun began. The automated system sent me into a loop that went from one automated system to another and back again, but never able to speak to an actual agent.

I would tell them my new address, it would tell me they didn't provide service in that area, which would send me to the next automated service where I would have to repeat the info. I even told the automated service "live agent" to which it replied sure, but first tell me what you're calling about, and then it would proceed to try and solve the problem as before (frustrating!). Finally speaking to someone (I honestly can't remember how), they said that I would not have to pay "early termination fees" and they scheduled my services to discontinue (an hour and a half of my life gone). Then...I wake up one day and don't have any services six days before the date my services are supposed to be shut off (Yea, I can't wait to call in again!).

I get the services turned back on, making sure I didn't just make some new contract unwittingly. (Another hour of my life wasted!) Later, I decide to go into the Comcast store to make sure I can turn in all my equipment to them (so I don't have to mail it in). They say I can, and then he asks me if I want to make sure my services are actually scheduled to be turned off. I say ok, and guess what...nothing is scheduled! So he makes sure they are scheduled for turn off and assures me I can just drop off the equipment at the store. I can understand a company wanting to provide an automated system to handle routine issues, but they should not make it so challenging and irritating to actually speak to someone. And then their customer service is not even competent enough to get the job done the way they say it will. I am so glad to sever ties Comcast!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Xfinity chat agents helped me while signing up as a new customer online. But they lied to me that there would be no additional charges except tax. At checkout the price went from $166 to $207 with additional fees. Another chat agent told me to call Comcast customer care and they would remove the surprise fees. Customer care would not. Beware of Comcast Xfinity's misleading and deceptive practice, and lying agents. Jeff

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Xfinity since 2012. Over the last year I have to call in because my TV goes out every Sunday and my internet speeds are 10% of what I pay for. When I call in it says errors on your modem so I returned their modem and bought a CS1000 with a Amplifi Alien router. Superior equipment. They then said something was wrong with the modem. I went and bought another one. Then for the last 3 weeks they have told me they were sending a tech out to check my pole. They even said I have a appointment this last Monday. I have ring cameras no one came out and the have promised 3 weeks in a row. I just want it to work with some kind or reliability. Every Sunday No TV and I have to pull out my local antenna.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Comcast sent a crew to my subdivision on 2/1 (**) to bury a cable cut by a developer 3 months prior, and the incompetent crew tied the cable around my gate so I couldn't get in or out AND raised MY pavement so once I finally got the cable untangled and untied, my gate still wouldn't open because there was no longer a gap to do so. Had there been a fire, my family and I wouldn't have been able to evacuate! So after HOURS spent calling around and filing complaints they come out to fix it.

I ask for a credit to my account (not nearly what I lost in time, income and revenue to get this corrected) and customer service tells me because it wasn't a service issue they won't give a credit! Well 1) it's impacted quality of service for the last 3 months when the cable was cut and they jimmy rigged it along MY fence WITHOUT PERMISSION (not my gate at that time) and 2) I wouldn't have had to miss work and time to get it corrected if THEY weren't NEGLIGENT in the first place, creating a safety hazard that wouldn't have otherwise been an issue if a more competent crew was hired to do the work. This wasn't a service issue, this was a safety issue.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Is zero stars a possible rating? I was only with them for two months. In those two months, I spent over 20 hours in more than a dozen calls trying to get my new service to work properly. I gave up after month 2 and asked that they cancel my service. I was told that I would not have any cancellation fees. That was July. In December a collection company placed a derogatory remark in my credit report and dropped my score over 50 points! Three calls later to each company has not yielded a resolution. Bottom line, they owe me $78, but sent $152 to collections, after billing me a $230 cancellation fee! I have paid a total of $550 for two months of service and they are still looking for more! Most of these companies are bad, local cable, AT&T, etc... But nothing compares to Comcast/Xfinity's incompetence, horrible customer service, and predatory business practices. Stay very far away!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

You cannot get thru to customer service the first time. Forced to use text messages to communicate. You are FORCED to go thru 3 different agents, 4 1/2 hours of my time before you can get service tech. I then have to wait 6 days, without tv for the tech. Then try and get a refund for the time you paid and no service. The tech comes out, it's their crap box that is broken, he replaces box and you get a survey call about Xfinity, not the tech. So you give them a 0, they take it as the tech fault, when the tech is good, the company sucks. The company gets the 0, not the tech. Oh, Xfinity blames the tech for their lack of customer service. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

For starters, They don’t tell you up front that the price of the equipment goes up every January. Customer service is very rude and does not take any methods to truly help you. Supervisors are the same. Guy who came in to install cable actually bribed us and took our money. They tell you one thing then switch it up. I decided to go with AT&T and saved SO MUCH MORE MONEY! And our internet got 1000 mbps instead of Xfinity’s 100 mbps for the same price! I am SO HAPPY I made the switch! Be careful with Xfinity!!! Worst service I’ve ever had.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information