3.5/5 (1846 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Xfinity has all major channels and apps for streaming available which makes for a good variety of different tv shows, movies, documentaries, series, fitness, and sports to watch and music channels to listen to. The remote provided has the ability to select different channels by voice. I like the ability to restart a program that is in progress and watch it from the beginning. Xfinity has different ways to search for a program and you are able to tape a show to watch later. You can find different times for your favorite programs and tape them for future viewing as well as keep them in your recorded history.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I like Xfinity. I even had my mom change her service from Dish to Xfinity as the cost of her cable and internet from CenturyLink was almost double for what I paid for Xfinity. The nice pro is that there is no satellite to go out due to weather. However, you may need to reboot your main box once in a while. Otherwise depending on your package you get great channels, movie channels, kids channels and sport channels. The only time I was upset was when they took TMC away, because I like old movies and asked for $10 more dollars as it was added to some other package. The HD channels are very clear and have nice quality pictures. Note if you are unhappy with the price of your cable or satellite complain. Xfinity provides a good service and customer service is very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

My overall satisfaction with customer service, etc. is very good. However, as far as pricing is concerned, I am very dissatisfied. I only want wifi with no cable. The price for wifi alone is just as expensive, if not more. I truly want to disconnect cable, but am stuck. Vios is not available in my area and am stuck with Xfinity. I am not paying for both Verizon for telephones (their wifi is too slow) and Xfinity for wifi. There are no options for those of us who are unemployed and those of us who are seniors. My only complaint to being forced to have more services than needed in order not to pay a higher price, which is already too high.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The technical and hardware details are good. However the price keeps going up. Recently I called to see if there was a reasonable promo being offered, long story made short, the very nice rep recommended the latest X1 system but at the same price I was then paying. After getting shipped the hardware we found that I already had the X1 system and the rep dropped me and stopped responding to emails (he had given me his email). I cannot tell you how long it took to get this backed out of their billing and having a tech visit my home to tell me I already had the X1 system.

Then the next months billing was wrong, went on their chat line twice, finally got it worked out. They were very nice and tried to help but the first rep really messed things up. I started the service years ago with a $99 "triple play", I am now paying $219 a month for a much better system but their pricing and bundles are such that you have to take much more than you really want to get the same triple play. The internet speed and DVR capability are very good, I finally gave up and pay the $219 each month.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

In Feb 2019 I signed up for internet service only. I was informed my bill would be $79 per month. I don’t have cable or phone services with Xfinity. A few months later as I watched the bill steadily increase, I received a huge bill for $500+ for internet services. I was then informed since I’m streaming four TVs (never used the streaming app) I exceeded my data plan. I was informed to upgrade to an unlimited package to avoid additional charges. The rep informed me she would signed me up for internet service unlimited data only. I call back only to find I’m now being charged for phone service and basic channels. The same channels I can switch to antenna on my TV and watch for free?? My bill is now $152/$170 per month?? I’ve tried speaking with their customer service reps on numerous occasions and I get so frustrated I just pay it because I did not want an interruption in services and the customer service reps talk in circles with little or help.

So yesterday I’d finally had it. I called in and demanded to speak to someone who could makes changes. I was informed I would need to pay my bill before anyone could talk to me??!! So I ask the rep to extend my services until someone can explain to me why I’m being charged for services I don’t have. By now the call was escalated to a “supervisor” who says he could not help. I’m charged late fees for phone service, tv channels and internet separately. I understand the rental fees for the modem, which is a rip off. I’ve paid rental fees for a year and a half, so I should own it right. Now my service is disconnected and the kids will not have internet for school. I’ve asked over and over to speak with someone who could make changes, only to have and deal with Stepford wives customer service reps.

The local stores have closed since Covid. I’m appalled at the charges for services and the fact Xfinity would interrupt my services because I refuse to keep paying for services I don’t have. If there is any confusion on my part, wouldn’t it be fair to have a sales rep or someone who could effect change contact me to discuss? No, just shut up and pay. Contract or no contract I’m gone and I will be fighting this in small claims court. I will also fight to make others aware not to sign up for bait and switch deals they have.

The only good thing I can say is the free WiFi service made available for a couple of months during the ongoing pandemic and they should have after leeching from the community for so long. I would have never signed up for services from a company who treats their customers in this manner. We’re in the middle of a pandemic and internet is now considered to be a necessity. I work from home as well and will not be able to log on and go to work. It’s nauseating. I’ve called my job and I will be able to work. Thank God for that, but the children will suffer missed days at school. It just makes me sick and angry!!!

Original review: July 27, 2021

(Adrian from customer service). They increased the price and they can't credited the increase base on a new special. I have to pay the full amount and then I will get a credit. They steal your money and there isn't someone that could control what this company does.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Primarily satisfied with service. Plenty of channels to pick from as well as a variety of different paid apps. The downside is that this has gotten more expensive over the years. The introductory rates are okay, but then they charge too much. And other apps like HBO, Showtime, Netflix, etc. are a bit too pricey.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I'm moving and have been unsuccessful trying to get me service transferred. I been on phone for over 4 hours. 3 different phone conversations and was lied to. Was told someone would call me back. I was told if I canceled I would be charged a fee but am I supposed to waste more hours which I don't have to transfer service.

Original review: July 26, 2021

My only complaint is they don't have tech support that can access your computer and fix your issues. They have to tell you how to do it. A total waste of my time and the support tech resolving the issue..

Original review: July 25, 2021

I have been paying for internet service since March 2020 and I'm lucky if I've been able to access the internet 12-15 times in the past year and one half. I've had Xfinity out to make repairs four times and they are unable to make it work. When I attempted to cancel the internet portion of my package, I was first told I could only have cable tv/internet or cable/phone service, not just cable tv. Then they changed their mind and said, yes, I could just pay for cable tv at the same price I was paying for both. I'm still paying for a service that does not work because it is cheaper than what they offer. Needless to say, I have been unable to work from home during the COVID crisis and have been fortunate enough to have my employer allow me to work from the office.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Xfinity/Comcast provides a solid service. The internet service is one of the best around. We dropped cable TV as it just got too expensive for our needs. We use an antenna and stream other platforms. If there was another competitive internet service with the same speed, we would switch as it could bring prices down for everyone.

Original review: July 23, 2021

A point that I find particularly annoying for me may not be pertinent for everybody. Every night, at 03:30, the system backs itself up and downloads any updates interrupting viewing for 5-10 minutes. I get it that most people are normally sleeping and do not even know about the interruption, but I do and it irritates me every night.

Original review: July 22, 2021

They are a monopoly and a scam. I hate the cable company. The service sucks and I pay way too much money for what I get. I wish someone would come up with another alternative. It is the worst ever. Let me finish this.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Started with a 64$ plan then to $78 then without notice to $100. All this for Internet ONLY with no cable box or modem! Charged me for Showtime which I didn't know I had. Then billed. This company has the continuous balls to keep charging for services keep increasing prices, and expecting to pay.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Good, reliable service, but many unwanted channels. Everyone could say this though. Wish there was a la carte for what we actually want and charge less. Internet speed is good and the phone service is also very reliable.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information