Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Comcast Cable Service Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Comcast Cable Service Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2020

So I've been a Comcast customer now for 6 + years; my mother before she moved in with me 2 years ago, she was a customer for over 20 years. So obviously we haven't always had an issue with them... But for the last year or so we've been experiencing constant issues, but due to a 2 year contract couldn't cancel the services without a $600.00 cancellation fee.

All started when multiple of our 4 services (usually tv & internet) started constantly having issues. When the box would get turned off and I'd turn it on to watch tv again, I'd have to reboot the system every time for it to work. Which worked through the my account app sometimes, & other times I'd go through the whole reboot process it wouldn't work & so I'd then have to have a representative do it manually over the phone(*which ALWAYS takes at least 20 min just to get someone on the phone w/ them)! Then technicians had to come to fix it; multiple times.

After an hour of telling me that THIS was the problem or THAT was the problem, being told it was finally fixed, AND paying a technician visit fee (*which I was told over the phone that the fee would be waived because it was an equipment issue so I wouldn't have to pay it), it'd start happening again almost right away. I became very unhappy with my services after going through this about 3 times & wanted to cancel but was unable due to my contract.

Then came the virus situation, I was laid off from work as well as my fiance so we were transferred to the Xfinity assistance plan. For the first month of being on it, my subscriptions that I ALWAYS had been apart of were working fine. Then all of a sudden 1 night I fall asleep watching a movie, I wake up the next day & want to finish it and my tv is telling me that I'm no longer apart of the subscription and can't resubscribe to it OR order any movies while being on the assistance plan... which to me didn't make sense because for the first month or so it was all working fine and I believe we ordered a 3 dollar movie in the first month as well.

So I called Xfinity, waited the ridiculous amount of time to get an agent on the phone; when I finally did, he was the worst agent I've ever come across and I've spoken to a lot of agents with Comcast! To start off with, he had a very thick accent & was talking extremely fast so I couldn't understand a lot of what he was saying. So I kindly asked him to speak slower & he kept speaking fast, literally screaming at me telling me that if I had paid my bill I wouldn't be experiencing these issues. Every time I'd talk he'd start sighing very loud into the phone or making little comments. I asked him what his name was and to transfer me to a manager. He proceeded to tell me over and over again very loudly and very rudely that he wasn't going to until he got to explain to me and 'do his job.' He never told me his name and finally transferred me when I was in the middle of speaking to him after yelling at me for 58 minutes.

I DO NOT recommend Comcast to ANYONE. DO NOT use this company for internet, cable & home protection especially from them is HORRIBLE & WAY over priced for what you actually get! Home: If you're not watching your cameras 24/7, you don't even get to see what's going on unless you pay 10.00 for EACH camera to record 24-7. Which is absolutely RIDICULOUS. When we first got xfinity home, if you didn't pay the $10.00 for your cameras to record 24-7, they would at least take a still photo shot every 5 seconds that motion was picked up on the camera!

About 6 months into our 2 year contract, they took that away and now you literally have to be watching your camera on your phone or touch screen device if you want to catch anything happening on your cameras! ALL AROUND A HORRIBLE OPTION and I DEEPLY regret not opening my eyes to what we were actually receiving for what we were paying and canceling my services years ago! I will make SURE all of my family friends and anyone I even talk to in person or through social media knows how horrible we were treated by this company and how disrespected we were by that 'Customer Service' representative!

Original review: May 31, 2020

Go ahead and try to call for help. You'll talk to over-seas agents who can basically read off of a card. My service did not transfer flawlessly like the Ad on TV, it just failed and the agent says they have limited ability to assist. Ok, so then what? Nothing I guess. The service tech spent 3.5 hours at my house and said I still had to call in on Monday morning in order to update my information and confirm my contact info is right. Instead, it's Sunday and my service I had at 10 PM is now gone and their system says to call in for upgrading.

I had a transfer of service. The agent says they don't why it isn't showing at my new address. There is no way to edit my location on the site, just my phone number, which also makes no sense. I can't go to the store because of course the store is closed. Everyone hides behind the coronavirus as a reason but it is incompetence plain and simple. So I have no service. Customer Service cannot tell me why nor can they tell me what to do to fix it.

Conclusion.... I have no idea. If I can't call for help with technical issues, exactly what am I suppose to do? I guess just pay my bill. If there was actual competition I would switch. I guess I will call repeatedly until I connect with an agent that can solve the issue, you know, like Bingo. I can call and listen to the long nauseating dragged out recorded message about the coronavirus again which I CANNOT opt out of with a 0, all about washing my hands and social distancing. They must think everyone is stupid. I don't need help washing my hands, I need technical support and have no one to call.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I've scanned my devices; have a limited number of devices; and the bottomline is that the service just has pathetic slow times. So we get to work for XFINITY / COMCAST while they have us run all kinds of tests and they run theirs; only to be told, we're sorry - an hour or two later - we hope it's better. WELL OF COURSE IT IS - THAT LONG LATER. The commercials about dead spots/block flows is legit. Just having to live with what is boasted as power service. Just tell the truth and say, "Like all internet services, we will have slowdown below quoted speed times on a regular basis." That would be REAL.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Comcast/Xfinity has the worst customer service and during this pandemic they have knowingly cut back on customers ability to access service via the phone. It has been impossible to get through to speak to someone on the phone about an issue. All that happens is getting caught up in automated loops on the phone and in text messages and on their website. Repeated requests to be put through to speak to a customer service agent on the phone are ignored. Our service has been spotty for a month now and repeated calls have not helped resolve the situation. Customers are offered canned comments and specified issues however the selections offered do not cover all issues. Comcast continues to charge customers full price for diminished service. This is unacceptable. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking of signing up for Comcast do not do so. You will be disappointed.

Original review: May 23, 2020

During the last 4 years every time I watch Fox News, sound on my Samsung TV disappears for 5-10 seconds and than comes back. This happens few times an hour. Customer service response: we do not cause this. This problem is still unresolved. The phone landline drops calls randomly for 10-20 minutes few times a week. Check The Line message is displayed. Customer service response: We do not see any problems with the line. This problem is still unresolved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast Cable Service?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Comcast used to be pretty good as far as cable and Internet goes. But in the last couple years their cable service versus cost has dwindled significantly. There’s less channels, less customer service and more technical problems while the cost has gone up. If I try to call someone, it’s such a hassle that I usually just give up. Fortunately their competitor has just laid lines in our area, so I’ll give them a try. I cannot imagine the service being any worse. I have wasted so much money on a service that at times I can’t use and most the time I am unhappy with what little I am paying a premium price for.

Original review: May 12, 2020

On March 13, 2020 I went into the Santa Cruz Comcast/Xfinity store to look at the cell service they advertised for existing cable customers. I was enticed to change our grandfathered cable service with a new plan that had all of our existing line up and more. I asked for proof and was shown a chart that was proof. I asked for them to guarantee that if this was not true I could return to the grandfathered plan we had before. I was assured this was no problem. That night we discovered that not only did we lose channels we did not get the added channels.

The next day I went back to the Santa Cruz office and explained what we had discovered. I was told that this is simply not true. I asked to see the manager. The manager said that the documents I had been shown were in fact old and no longer reflect the channels of the plan. I asked this manager "then why are you selling the plan using them?" No answer. I told him his reps assured me that if these channels did not exist I could return to our grandfathered plan. This manager told me they have no authority to do that. I asked him "why did your reps guaranteed I can return to our Grandfathered plan?" No answer.

I have discovered, from the loyalty dept, that Comcast has a policy that all reps understand. Once a customer moves from a grandfathered plan they may not go back. The Grandfathered plans offer channels no longer under contract so Comcast must pay more for them. I wrote the Comcast board of directors and chairman, no replay in two months. The rep was simply trying to meet his sales quota and they will lie to customers to reach it. Do not fall for fake channel line ups and false promises.

Original review: May 9, 2020

The customer service agents are very nice, very polite. However, the inconsistency insofar as one agent telling me one thing and another agent telling me another thing contradicting the previous agent is a joke. To get to an actual human being is a feat in itself. When finally reaching a human being, on script, they apologize for any inconvenience. The problem is they never seem to resolve the issue at hand. I have had more problems with their DVR boxes and usually they send a new box and the problem continues. Unfortunately they have a large channel lineup that most streaming services don’t offer and that is why I stay with them. My latest DVR issue a technician came up and guaranteed me that I will no longer have a problem.

Well a few days go by and once again the problem arises and nothing is resolved. For the amount of money I pay each month it is shameful that they can get away with how they treat their customers. Not only that, now they want me to install any equipment rather than a technician coming to install it. I’m not getting paid to install new DVR boxes. Also I pay a monthly protection service fee so that a technician does all the troubleshooting, not me. It is appalling that consumers have to put up with this because Comcast is such a monopoly and I have no other choices other than streaming services which don’t offer the same extensive programming. Instead of apologies it would be more productive if they respected their customers rather than giving them the runaround.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Why do we pay these ridiculous prices for no service, poorly trained people who cannot speak English, have no idea what you are asking for or how to even address your problem, give you the wrong information and make me spend 2 1/2 hours on the phone to have an account that has been completely messed up???

We need to complain big time about this company. For those of you who are waylayed with staying at home, let's go after this poor excuse of a company and make them give us something for our hard earned money.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I totally agree with people that say Comcast always comes up with some kind of reason why your bill each month gets higher and higher!!! Every month I'm paying almost $300 to watch cable. I called the customer service representative to get a reason why, they come up with every alleged reason to charge you more. I think Comcast is a rip-off and to tell you that you have to pay your bill in full or they will disconnect you during this pandemic is crazy!! Now I see we have an AT&T for internet hopefully for cable too! I will be disconnecting soon I believe everyone is getting ripped off!! They lie and rip people off over with Comcast. What a huge company they are and rip everyone off!!

Comcast Cable Service Company Information