Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Xfinity Cable TV Call Now Toll Free (866) 471-5523 Compare Offers

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Parents were having issues with Verizon, got fed up and decided to switch cable/phone/internet bundle to Xfinity. Comcast tech showed up, disconnected the existing services, cutting cables, cutting ground wires, and disconnecting everything. Was unable to make connections to street, so he just left. There are disconnected cables everywhere, wire clippings all over the floor, cut cables and discarded pieces outside and inside. The tech said he couldn't finish installation because of some branches and just left.

Now my parents have no cable and no internet. They called Comcast, who stated that the tech said he didn't touch anything, so they aren't going to fix anything. I took pictures of all the disconnected cables, cut wires, and pieces everywhere. I was able to reconnect some of the cables. Now they have to try and get somebody to come and fix all of the services that were destroyed by the Comcast tech. This may well be the worst customer service on the planet.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for cable and HSI for last 42 years in 5 states. They no longer seem to care to serve long-time customer and keep increasing rates without opportunity to speak with a human CSR to find an acceptable plan and affordable rate. Reaching a representative takes HOURS. Reaching a representative that seems like they know what they're doing - several hours and then the call gets dropped. Even though gave them my cell and they agree to call back if we get disconnected, never did.

I have email and direct phone # of loyalty department supervisor in Philadelphia but she no longer returns phone calls and emails. She only provided those 2 years ago after reading a similar poor experience review and said I could reach her and she would take care of issues and ensure I am a happy customer. All talk and no followup. Have the decency to return call or email as promised. Still get her voicemail. Glad to provide her name, email and direct #, if anyone at Comcast/Xfinity senior management cares and are serious about resolving customer issues. Just contacted (submitted on-line feedback) to SVP Tom. Not hopeful of follow-up and any systemic improvement on their service/approach. Perhaps time to go to a competitor, much cheaper options but afraid they all have poor service and rates increase after initial term. What a way to run a business. Rather than take care of existing customers, screw them and chase new customers.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We have to use COMCAST/XFINITY as it is the only service in our area - and they know it! Reaching a representative takes HOURS. Reaching a representative that seems like they know what they're doing - almost a full day. Mostly you will get a phonecon with someone in India who mindlessly goes through an algorithm. I ended up hiring a tech consultant for $200 to diagnose a broken modem. When I finally got someone in Tier 2 to acknowledge I needed a new modem (after 8 hours on the phone), they said they would send a tech the next day. I also upgraded my service. The tech came, but with no modem. He had a modem, but there was no record at all of my change in service, you can't get through to customer service for hours, so he drove away.

My husband finally went to the COMCAST store to get a new modem (they also had no record of change of service even though I signed a contract the evening before). They also gummed up the billing. Essentially, it took 2 days of phone calls (total time on hold >12 hours). In our area, people complain bitterly about COMCAST all the time, it is not just me. If you have ANY choice other than COMCAST, go with that other choice.

Original review: July 28, 2020

After countless hours and days spent on Comcast's chats and calls with incompetent agents, I was flat out lied to by two of the Comcast agents on the calls. Trying to reach a technician to speak to is like trying to get an appointment to see the President. 3 technicians came (which means I lost 3 days of work), fixed one problem but caused another one. I had no internet, now I have no local channels. It's been 12 days of explaining to them that living in Florida, with very active hurricane season, I need my local news stations. I tried to cancel my subscription (in which I am not bound by a contract with them anymore) but they persuaded me to give another chance and they would send out a new box. Never got the box and then I found out, they never actually sent it out. I have been lied to twice in order to persuade me not to cancel my cable and internet service. This bullying attitude from cable companies has to stop.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I had Comcast install home phone, internet and cable in my home in Nov 2019. After two months of numerous attempts to fix poor, unreliable service I cancelled service. Comcast then charged a $231 Early Termination Fee. I attempted to rectify the account, but was not called by customer service supervisors several times. Several months later, I see an account on my credit report in collections. I called Comcast Corporate office to try to rectify the account, but they will not assist me. Comcast says they sent me notified by mail, but I never received anything.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Almost impossible to get someone on phone. Once connected after numerous hoops and hurdles, I am repeatedly assured adjustments to my bill will be made in 24-48 hours yet they repeatedly fail to follow through- overcharges for equipment I do not have (returned and receipt received weeks ago) and cancelled programming packages I have not had available. It is dishonest to assure customers (repeatedly) they will have a bill adjustment that doesn't show up and it's theft to charge for services and equipment not being provided. The time spent and aggravation Comcast causes seems to be a ploy to get me to just give up and pay for services not provided.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I had a series of problems w/ Comcast. Tech had to use my ladder, couldn't get the line in my house, then couldn't wire my bedroom. They still charge for installation.They raised my bill regularly, have to rent their boxes. Internet went slow, cable went out every 2 weeks. Tv remote is slow. They hit me late fees and you have to pay a service fee to pay them by phone. It's a nightmare I'm so glad to be free of it.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Write a letter to the chairman of the board about crappy service then wait and see how crappy it gets then. TV remotes go out even though they say they will fix it. Internet is going in and out all day along. Still waiting on the so-called reset signal from 2 days ago.

Original review: June 29, 2020

We recently had a terrible experience moving our services. We called a couple weeks out from our move and requested that our services be transferred as is. Our services included internet, tv, and security. We were told that our security system was not able to be moved at this time due to COVID, but once restrictions ease up someone could come install it. In the meantime our bill would be lowered to reflect the exclusion of the security services. We confirmed that all other services would remain the same and scheduled our transfer for our moving day. We were told all we had to do was plug and play and everything would transfer smoothly.

The day after our moving day, so one day after our services were set to be transferred, we still could not get any signal on our tv or internet. We spent hours on with a customer service agent to correct this, who informed us that we never had a transfer initiated in the system and we had to start from scratch, plus then correct all errors that occurred in the system while trying to boot. So about 2 hours later we finally have services up and running.

We noticed that several of our channels we subscribed to were no longer included in our tv channel offerings. We just spoke with a customer service representative who informed us that since we (unwillingly) cancelled our security service, several channels were removed and our internet speed downgraded. After we were told that all services would remain the same aside from having to wait for our security system to be installed. We were then offered to pay an extra $25 a month to reinstate these missing channels and internet speed. What kind of customer service is this???? Luckily our new home has a Dish HD already installed, so we will soon be seeking services elsewhere.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I feel sorry for anyone who has no choice in their area and must use Comcast. In July 2015 we first subscribed, wasn't bad at first, then the price started up to over $200 a month, then cable issues started with several trip to the local store for swap outs. Customer service was worse than any cable company I've dealt with since I first got cable TV back in 1981. Skip ahead to May 2020, many many problems later...then first call around May 20th (it's now June 29th) no service, we were lucky to get an appt next day, Friday 4-6pm, got a ticket number and confirmation, come 6pm no cable man, called up, no record of us having an appt, they couldn't find the ticker number, said they would be here the following Tuesday, sure enough he did show up 4-6 window, said the problem was not the boxes like we were told by the online troubleshooter, it was the outside wiring, he fixed it, next day no TV, same problem.

Numerous calls later and several days later, several run arounds later - like holding for an hour for the supervisor only to have the agent say "I'm sorry but we can't locate a supervisor. There must not be one here tonight..." Every day, every time we turn on the TV, we get "remote not working...unpair remote..." and that is a 10 minute process to verify and reboot. On the second remote box, every day every time we turn it on we get "there is a problem that require a reset...reset all now..." Zip ahead till today, about 35 days from the first call...as of this second I've Been on hold 52 minutes....waiting on the next customer service rep! Please save yourself the problems and get Dish Network and only get Internet from Comcast.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information