Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Comcast Cable Service
2.68/5
Based on 4,838 ratings submitted in the last year

Comcast Cable Service

5600 Comcast Cable Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

About a year ago the installation of my equipment was improperly installed. I called multiple times for assistance. They came out, but problem continued. Spoke to a sales rep - convinced me it was my equipment and offered me a deal. I said, "Great." The technician came back - told me he couldn't offer what the sales rep offered. The tech did put Comcast equipment in - still a problem. I called again. They offered me a discount. I noticed I didn't get. I called. I was told by billing I wasn't going to receive credit promised. Lied to twice. I WILL LEAVE COMCAST XFINITY hopefully soon.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This company is a ripoff. I signed up for service and it degraded to an unusable state daily. The pings would go in the 1,000s. I work from home doing IT support via RDP and I absolutely could not do my job. I called in 4 times to resolve the problem. I purchased 2 high cable modems totaling $600.00. The service continued to drop daily. I cancelled my service and went with AT&T (which works perfectly by the way) and I got billed a $59.00 termination fee. I got billed a termination fee for a service that absolutely did not work.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have a discrepancy on my bill. I have spoke to many "agents", but they refuse to connect me to a manager or call back as they state they will. They just keep telling me the charges are valid and there is no one above them I can speak with. The last one I spoke with laughed at me and interrupted me several times. I was a loyal customer for over 13 straight years until recently.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have been a customer of Comcast Xfinity on and off for over 10 years. In suburban areas, the service was good but the price constantly goes up. Once I moved my service in 2016, the problems started. My service price increased in the same zip code. Since 2016 I have had problems with service, billing and the customer service has tanked. A new customer can sign on for 69.99 a month but if you pay on time and continue to use their service the bills increase every 12 months, and the channel lineup and service stays the same. Customer service is a gamble. Usually it is a waste of your time. They play price games and you end exactly where you were, with no cost relief offered. I canceled after calling the customer loyalty department. They wanted to take away service and offer a price a couple dollars less than I was already paying. The woman on the other end seemed to be upset that I called in. I was not impressed with the lack of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

They claim I signed an agreement for a cheaper service when I didn’t. I cancelled my service with them because they are too expensive for the few channels that I do watch. They claim they sent me a text message 5 months prior for me to sign. I never signed anything. They charged me $170 early termination fee when I was a customer for 5 years. I called to have it removed, they didn’t so I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Comcast called me to tell me they weren’t going to credit my account. I’m in the process of another dispute.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XFINITY Home Phone Service?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Comcast told me they have a 30 day 100% guarantee. The tech that came out didn't install our services correctly and left a mess all over the floor. Left in a hurry. So now it's 2 months later and they are pestering me about a bill. When I never had working service in the first place. Went to Google fiber. Which I would recommend to all. I talked to 3 people about my situation. They assured me that they would take care of it. NOT!! So the 4th guy I talked with said he would try to fix it. To be continued.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

To make my experience short I'll summarized my agony with Xfinity Comcast. Initially started with a $50 bill for internet alone. My next year jumped to $70 a year. The year after that $89. Now I see my bank statement $132 for internet alone. So much for a loyal value customer. Every year they come up with an excuse of why my bill increase. I'm done playing their abusive and dishonest game. If I can help someone avoid this scam. Go with a company that actually values as a customer and does not keep increasing their prices every year.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Me and my husband had problems with internet service. Change price each month. Trouble speaking to the company. They are rude. They don't answer your question. They lie about prices. They try to get off on Elder please by lying about discount, not true. They are not the same anymore like other cable companies and one time Comcast was really good at their word and contracts. But now you get lying cheating. I wouldn't take it from people who been there don't do it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

So we moved into our home in 2009 and I immediately signed up for Comcast Internet. It wasn't super fast as we couldn't afford those prices but was manageable. So a few years fly by and they call with seemed to be a pretty good cable package. Why not, so we sign up for it. Horrible idea. There were SO many hidden fees. Broadcast fee, service fee, local fee, then taxes and even a 911 FEE...for TV! So after a few months I wanted my larger satelite package back, which cost the same as the cable after all hidden fees, and decide to downgrade back to just internet.

Then in 2018 Comcast called again with Great package including faster internet and tv with some of my kids channels and Netflix for about what I was paying for all those services in one lump sum. So I said why not.... faster internet right!? Heck yeah! But then the train wreck happens! We found a new house we loved and moved into it that following summer. (Now 2019) But when I go to transfer my package it's NOT available in that area. So I have to cancel my services.

AFTER 10 YEARS I FINALLY HAVE TO COMPLETELY CANCEL COMCAST! SO, what do I get for 10 plus years of being a "loyal customer"...SLAMMED WITH FEES! Instead of prorating me the money I've paid ahead for services they hit me with early termination fees so I have to pay THEM because THEY don't offer me services I was gonna keep. If you are even thinking about Moving AT ALL DON'T JOIN COMCAST!!!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have lost my I.D. Discovery channel because Comcast tricked me into changing my service. I called Comcast to find out why I was being charged for "All Room DVR" when I could only access it from one TV out of 5 TV's in my home and to drop my HBO. I don't watch HBO and only had it for my husband who, unfortunately, passed away in November, 2017. I had not taken the time to review my Comcast invoice and finally decided I needed to remove the HBO and its $15.00 monthly charge.

However, when I called Comcast, I got duped into accepting a package which the agent said could save me money. I wasn't calling to save money. I pay $308.00 a month with Comcast Cable TV, Internet Service and Home security and cameras with Comcast's Xfinity Bundle. The person speaking with me by phone at Comcast never told me I would LOSE MY BELOVED I.D. DISCOVERY CHANNEL in this package that he was offering me which only saved me approximately $38.00 per month while he was touting a $60.00 per month savings.

I called Comcast from my work phone, and everybody who knows me knows that I am an ADDICT ABOUT I.D. DISCOVERY. Comcast's records will show that I watch I.D. Discovery 60 to 70% of my viewing time. When I got home, and immediately turned the TV on to ID Discovery, I got a message that said "Service Not Available". I called Comcast immediately and thought, "This guy messed up and inadvertently removed my ID Discovery." But they told me that since I changed service, I lost I.D. Discovery and 3 other channels.

I was not told this by the Comcast agent who changed my service. He told me the price he was offering would allow me to keep "everything I already had". Had the agent mentioned losing ID Discovery or any other channels, I would have ended the call. I stayed on the phone with three different agents on the night of August 16, 2019 and they all told me that I had been "grandfathered" in on the I.D. Discovery channel, but once I made a change to my account, I lost the I.D. Discovery and could NEVER GET IT BACK because Comcast no longer had a contract with I.D. Discovery.

I was duped into changing my service with Comcast dangling a carrot of financial savings in front of me without telling me that I'd lose anything, specifically not a loss of my FAVORITE CHANNEL, ID DISCOVERY. The Comcast agent event taunted me saying, "You approved it" when I called that night to change everything back because the earlier agent had sent me a text to approve the $270.00 program fee. I approved it on a lie because the Comcast Agent assured me that this package would allow me to KEEP EVERYTHING I ALREADY HAD.

No one at Comcast can do anything about this deception and when I asked that everything be changed back the way it was, I was told I couldn't change back once the change was made and it severed my "grandfathered in" status for ID Discovery. I am appalled and angry. While one agent that night told me that all agents are trained to advise customers of the four channels they would lose in the new package, a review of Comcast's recorded calls can prove that I was never told about losing any channels, and, in fact, the agent specifically said, "You will keep everything you already have."

I have made a complaint with the FCC online. I have written a four-page letter to the City of Chicago Department of Consumer Protection, and I plan to file a lawsuit in Federal court this week against Comcast for Fraudulent Concealment and Fraudulent Misrepresentation to bring attention to this heinous deception by Comcast.

Comcast knows that ID Discovery has become very popular and they likely did not want to pay a renewed or possibly higher contractual fee with ID Discovery and are tricking their customers out of their current I.D. Discovery packages. I have been a Comcast customer since 1988, for 31 years, and this is way I am treated. I am a 40-year legal assistant and trained court reporter and enjoy watching ID Discovery and the real-life stories that they document. I am 70 years old and still working as a legal assistant, 5 days a week, full time, where my TV enjoyment was ID Discovery only to be told that I can now never get it again. I don't want to change cable carriers since I have my Internet and home security with Comcast and I am a creature of habit. I've had the same landline telephone number for 48 years and I don't change that with AT&T.

Just wanted to let you know about the trickery and fraud that Comcast is committing towards its customers simply to take our ID Discovery channel away. In any event, thanks for the wonderful programming on ID Discovery. Comcast offered me their new Crime and Investigation series, but I have no interest. I want my ID Discovery back!!

Comcast Cable Service Company Information