3.8/5 (1860 ratings)

About Xfinity Cable TV

Comcast Cable Service offers cable services to residents of Canada and 36 U.S. states. It has live and on-demand services. Comcast also works with Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services.

Pros

• Plan variety
  • No-contract options
  • Flexible channel packs

Cons

• Service can be pricey

Bottom Line

Xfinity’s cable plans offer something for casual and avid TV watchers alike, with plans ranging from 10 to more than 250 channels. Costs can be high, but the company’s attractive features may be worth it to some customers.

Xfinity Cable TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Cable TV?

Original review: June 15, 2022

I am an existing Comcast customer, largely because they have the fastest internet speeds in my area, and there are few other viable options. I have their cable TV service only because it was cheaper with a bundle. Comcast informed me that I needed a new cable box to take advantage of all the services I am paying for. So I agreed and they sent me one. I installed it myself per the included step-by-step instructions, but it wouldn't work. So I spent about 25 minutes navigating their fury-inducing automated "customer service" phone system and another 60+ minutes speaking with (or sitting on hold with) three different departments of actual "live" customer service people; none of whom fixed or even diagnosed the problem.

They decided to send technicians to my house, who after a couple hours, also could not fix nor diagnose the problem. So they left, taking the new cable box and leaving my old one. And that's the last I heard of the issue...they just went dark. No further contact nor attempts to fix the issue. And today, I found a $100 "professional installation fee" charge on my bill for that home visit. So today I spent another 90-minutes of automated menus, hold time, verifying my account, and re-explaining my situation and got the fee waived. They attempted to schedule me once again for a new box, but instead hung up on me.

This review is not isolated to this one incident. Rather this is just one example of a decade of frustration trying to solve my own problems with their service that I pay for...in ever-increasing amounts. And during that time, the only thing I can say I've seen Comcast do to improve is change their name to Xfinity. If I had ANY other truly competitive solution, this would be the last company I ever deal with.

Original review: May 14, 2022

With all the new streaming services available you would think a company like this would try to improve their offerings. But not only are they not improving they are raising their fees. Their internet service is by far the fastest available compared to At&t Verizon or Tmobile. But like the cable it's not consistent. My cable keeps freezing and the internet drops out. For 5 years they have said we will fix it and after 37 service calls it's still having issues. I think 5 years have been long enough to wait. Please someone come out with a fast internet service so can get rid of this.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I added tv onto my bill last month and the rep told me it was going to be $60 more a month. It was double that. Called to cancel this morning and they raised my internet bill $50 a month!!! So, they lied about the tv charge and then when I called them on it, they increased my internet bill. Avoid these jerks at all costs!!!

Original review: April 11, 2022

Charlie & Rene ** came to install service at our home **. They gave exceptional service they were knowledgeable in what they were doing & quick… They both are definitely an asset to Xifinity for sure.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Very difficult to cancel. They harass you to stay with them. They ask invasive questions and pressure you. They also raise their prices frequently and know how difficult/time consuming it is to leave.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Do not I repeat do not use this company for anything. After 4-5 years of horrible service, horrible customer service and overpriced each month on your bill. I would not use them or recommended to a teddy bear. The outages are extreme no money back of years of this huge inconvenience. Bill plan 130 a month then jumps to an 130.00 dollar increase. Just charging folks whatever they want and threatening emails are excessive "If this is not paid if this is not paid". The verbiage is terrible. Please do me a favor and disconnect. But would not act like this for credits on my account which I never got in 4 years. Excuse me pennies 20.00 to turn around and charge a late fee while trying to rectify an issue. I can write a book about these scams. Hope this helps to many other great companies and apps out here. Run from these people please.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Have had Xfinity cable TV for over a year and have had issue after issue; loss of signal, numerous glitches in the signal, having to reboot cable boxes time and again. Mssg windows that appear on screen and won't go away. Customer service reps from India who are next to useless, the list goes on and on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Comcast Xfinity mailed me two new cable tv boxes that I did not request and did not need. But I self installed the new boxes and returned the old boxes as they requested. They stated that there would be no difference in billing. However, the new boxes do not display the channel numbers. This is a reduction of services and, in my opinion, should result in a reduction of fees. I have talked to Comcast Xfinity Customer Service about this issue but they are unwilling to reduce my cable TV bill.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Customer service is terrible. Tecnical Suport is the worst. Customer service sent someone that actually never came but called me saying got fixed? The service is never fixed. They sent 3 updates to the modem that it’s terrible.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Internet disconnects every 5 min or so. The other day I counted 33 modem restarts in 1 day just while I was awake so you do the math and it's a brand new modem that the 3rd tech provided. My girlfriend and I switched from AT&T to Xfinity for the "faster speeds" in our area so she could start her work from home job. Well needless to say she can't do that now and we have had 5 visits from techs in 3 weeks and still nothing has improved. When they show up they leave before making sure it's fixed. They are coming out a 6th time this Friday to try changing more wires. Lol. I'm going crazy over here. Haven't had reliable internet that last even 1 hour since September. Unacceptable. I'd rather have 2mb a second speeds with a company that actually provide a connection over this steamy pile of garbage any day of the week anywhere on this planet.

We can't wait to get out of this mess and wake up from this useless service nightmare. I drop my connection all day long. It shouldn't take 6 visits and a supervisor that's come twice now just to have service in and out all day and night I can't even use wifi on my phone with everything else disconnected without dropping my connection that's how bad it is. I live in a apartment in a medium sized city. Come on fix this!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

It would do Comcast a world of good if Spectrum were allowed to compete in our area (Florence Alabama). Xfinity has connection issues, and when it force reconnect it takes from 30 to an hour to reconnect, frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

My 91 year old mother is not tech savvy, but relies on Comcast/Xfinity under duress (because there are no alternatives in her area) in order to watch TV and stay in touch. Over the course of 2021 they have raised prices from $50 a month to $81 a month, an increase TEN TIMES the US inflation rate, while at the same time cutting her download speed in half. The Internet has become a household staple, like water or electricity, and this giant monopoly should have some constraints over how much they can gouge their customers. Although it's unlikely to do any good, I've filed a complaint with the FCC and would encourage everyone who's outraged by this predatory pricing to do the same. The site for a complaint is: **. Speak up!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I am a senior citizen and on a budget. They put Turner Classic Movie Channel onto a huge sports package. I don't even watch sports. My bill goes up every month. When I call customer service they say it's taxes, when I go into the store they can't even print off a solid monthly price of my bill. Shady business.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I guess the first thing that comes to mind is my shock that anyone, anywhere has good things to say about this company. I'm convinced that the only reason they're still in business is that in most markets, they have a monopoly. There are simply no other options for tv/internet. I've had Comcast/Xfinity in several different homes in several different cities in Florida. They have the absolute worst customer service I think I've ever encountered. The local (fill in the blank) DMV may be worse, slightly.

The broadcasting selections are mediocre at best and their internet is continuously being throttled. I was absolutely overjoyed when I finally fired them for the last time in 2020. I now have Verizon Fios and have never been happier with tv and internet service. I guess, for those that have stock in Comcast, it's a good thing they spend so much money on the cable lobby in DC. Otherwise, they would be pushed out of the market for better, more reliable tech.

In August 2021 I received an overdue bill on an account that was not mine. It was from an address I lived at 20 years earlier. To say that getting this fixed was hard is an extreme understatement. If you don't know, Comcast has almost entirely outsourced their customer service. That's fine. I get it. It's a business and they have to make money. But to outsource the fraud department? That's really stupid. Trying to communicate what should have been simple was difficult with people that speak English as a second language.

Long story short, Comcast ended up sending a bill that was not mine, to collections. The only way I found out was through a credit monitoring service. They have my phone number on file and didn't even bother to call. They sent an email that ended up in a junk file that I didn't find until much later. This may not seem like a huge deal but for someone with nearly perfect credit, it caused some sleepless nights. If you have no other options, grit your teeth and do it. If you have absolutely any other choice, take it. Comcast is an absolutely horrible company. Too bad zero stars isn't an option.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Xfinity sent a technician out to fix a modem issue I was having. Gregory was excellent. He was polite, followed COVID protocols, and fixed the problem. However, my concern is with the working conditions this young man was exposed to in order to do this job. After I saw what he had to do in order to test the system, I told him I'm not sure I want cable this badly-- I have a picture and hope I am able to post it. He had to extend a ladder to a wire and attach it to the wire. The ladder's only support was the wire itself. Xfinity should have sent a truck with a bucket for this young man. I'm sure he doesn't get hazard pay.

Once he got back on the ground safely I asked him how old he was. He told me he was 26 years old. My son is 24. I couldn't image my son doing this. Xfinity needs to ensure the safety of its employees in this type of situation. I'd like to know why he was sent with only a ladder instead of a bucketed truck for extra safety. This company is making lots of money. I'm sure Xfinity can afford to equip these workers properly. Thank God he got down the ladder safely.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Xfinity Cable TV service is very unreliable. I have had several issues with bad connections and they have not been able to fix the issue. It is so frustrating paying for premium service yet the tv service is highly unreliable. I am dissatisfied with Xfinity Cable TV service and I do not recommend their cable tv service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

You can’t talk to anyone. No one knows how to get you the help you need. They never do what they say. People who work there do the minimum. No pride in their work. If there was another place to go I would!

Original review: July 28, 2021

I’ve been with Comcast for over 20 years and must say this is the worst experience I’ve ever had with them. I recently moved service address and cannot get adequate assistance to connect service at the new address. I’ve called multiple times to get assistance and many Comcast associates seems to be reading a script but have no idea how to help you. Instead of helping or saying they cannot help you they transfer you from department to department. For the past 3 days, I’ve called repeatedly and it seems impossible to speak to a supervisor. I’ve been lied to stating that I’d be given a call back and still nothing.

For the past 20 years, Comcast payments are auto drafted from my account. I work from home and have not been able to work home due to Comcast’s inability or willingness to help customers. I’m so disappointed. As a result, I’m now looking for another service provider. My loyalty or 20 years of on-time payments means absolutely nothing to them. Shame on COMCAST.

Original review: July 28, 2021

All are too expensive. Changing providers doesn’t always solve the problem. Been through some others. Didn’t like Directv. Long time customers don’t get breaks. Am not able to hook up other antennas. etc.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Monthly bills kept increasing! And I am a senior on disability and can never reach anyone to talk to about my bill! Started at $99.00 and now has reached $183.00 per month and no extra channels! Just ridiculous! Thank you! Ron **

Original review: July 27, 2021

(Adrian from customer service). They increased the price and they can't credited the increase base on a new special. I have to pay the full amount and then I will get a credit. They steal your money and there isn't someone that could control what this company does.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Primarily satisfied with service. Plenty of channels to pick from as well as a variety of different paid apps. The downside is that this has gotten more expensive over the years. The introductory rates are okay, but then they charge too much. And other apps like HBO, Showtime, Netflix, etc. are a bit too pricey.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I'm moving and have been unsuccessful trying to get me service transferred. I been on phone for over 4 hours. 3 different phone conversations and was lied to. Was told someone would call me back. I was told if I canceled I would be charged a fee but am I supposed to waste more hours which I don't have to transfer service.

Original review: July 26, 2021

My only complaint is they don't have tech support that can access your computer and fix your issues. They have to tell you how to do it. A total waste of my time and the support tech resolving the issue..

Original review: July 25, 2021

I have been paying for internet service since March 2020 and I'm lucky if I've been able to access the internet 12-15 times in the past year and one half. I've had Xfinity out to make repairs four times and they are unable to make it work. When I attempted to cancel the internet portion of my package, I was first told I could only have cable tv/internet or cable/phone service, not just cable tv. Then they changed their mind and said, yes, I could just pay for cable tv at the same price I was paying for both. I'm still paying for a service that does not work because it is cheaper than what they offer. Needless to say, I have been unable to work from home during the COVID crisis and have been fortunate enough to have my employer allow me to work from the office.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Xfinity/Comcast provides a solid service. The internet service is one of the best around. We dropped cable TV as it just got too expensive for our needs. We use an antenna and stream other platforms. If there was another competitive internet service with the same speed, we would switch as it could bring prices down for everyone.

Original review: July 23, 2021

A point that I find particularly annoying for me may not be pertinent for everybody. Every night, at 03:30, the system backs itself up and downloads any updates interrupting viewing for 5-10 minutes. I get it that most people are normally sleeping and do not even know about the interruption, but I do and it irritates me every night.

Original review: July 22, 2021

They are a monopoly and a scam. I hate the cable company. The service sucks and I pay way too much money for what I get. I wish someone would come up with another alternative. It is the worst ever. Let me finish this.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Started with a 64$ plan then to $78 then without notice to $100. All this for Internet ONLY with no cable box or modem! Charged me for Showtime which I didn't know I had. Then billed. This company has the continuous balls to keep charging for services keep increasing prices, and expecting to pay.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Good, reliable service, but many unwanted channels. Everyone could say this though. Wish there was a la carte for what we actually want and charge less. Internet speed is good and the phone service is also very reliable.

Xfinity Cable TV Company Information