San Mateo, CA

1.7/5 (852 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About WageWorks

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

WageWorks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WageWorks?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Be prepared to jump through hoops. They demand itemized receipts for "covered expenses" of which sometimes it's not possible because everyone's record keeping differs. When you request a receipt from your provider, it doesn't always clearly show everything Wageworks wants, therefore they suspend your card and you have no access to your money until you jump through hoops to please them or repay out of pocket. I don't get it. Covered expenses should be just that, covered.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I have never experienced such a dysfunctional company before. Their systems don't seem to communicate with each other when necessary, and their commuter card gets mixed up with their FSA when it shouldn't. It was a total embarrassment for our company towards our employees. After 3 months of waiting for commuter cards, I finally gave up. Stay away!

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I recently retired as a Senior Engineer from a major Hospital and have been trying to get COBRA set up for my wife since AUGUST. Any Company or HR group should not do business with them period! I was not surprised when I saw the massive amount of bad reviews. I suspect that these reviews have been kept at a "G" rating and probably should be more like a Negative 200 Stars. This company should be shut down for incompetency and their poor processes and employees that are basically clueless. They don't even have a modern-day way to pay something. They won't take a VISA payment, they only want your bank's routing number and account. Great for Cyberattacks! Customer Service reps are uninformed about their own processes and give out wrong information. If you can get to what they call "Leadership" all you get is a rude person that will not escalate a problem of get you InTouch with anybody in management.

They will claim they will process a payment in 10 business days! When they can't even process payments in a decent amount of time your account just might go past due and then when they finally get off their lazy backsides your account may have been closed. Good thing your kid's surgeon doesn't say..."Oh we will get to you in 10 business days." Any Correspondence will be close to a month before you receive them...yep they are that slow! They are a healthcare management group that has ZERO sense of urgency and frankly, they just don't care about you as an account holder, we are not really a customer just an annoyance. In my 64 years of life, this is the WORST company I have ever had to deal with. If you need a problem resolved...well good luck!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Terrible company with a terrible website. Agents cannot explain anything. I have lost 1-1/2 months of commuter benefits and they cannot explain why I was kicked out of the monthly renewal of my commuter card. I missed the re-order date by 5 days (I had not realized that I had been removed from auto-renewal) and there was nothing the company could do. I spoke with two different agents and they kept giving me conflicting information and plenty of apologies (which did not help at all! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Original review: July 20, 2022

I use Wagework for my FSA account. I contributed $2600 during the year under my insurance plan. Last day to access the funds was 7/15/2022, I had $103.78 left In my FSA account when suddenly I was locked out from making any purchases. I contacted their customer service and spoke with Teofina, Helbert and Jasmine and they all gave me different excuses that I had reached the maximum transactions per day.

The only way I can get that $103.78 back was if I paid out of pocket for an eligible fsa item and submit a claim for reimbursement. I did that and bought a blood pressure monitor for $103. I contacted wageworks again and spoke to Blessie and Christina and this time they are refusing to reimburse the $103 and saying that I didn't have receipts for earlier payments that were made to healthcare providers. Clear theft of funds, unprofessional service!

Original review: July 13, 2022

Very difficult to work with and navigate; Trust all these negative reviews you are reading here, they are truthful. For whatever reason Wageworks also goes by the name of HealthEquity, making it deliberately confusing for its users. They also require Un-userfriendly Passwords and attachment requirements.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I signed up for commuter benefits with this company. It was the only choice offered by employer. Otherwise I would not have done it. With my previous employer I was the contact person with them and had bad experience. I was really hoping they had gotten better. Unfortunately, it was the opposite. They made a mistake and reversed my Transit and my Parking funds. For 2 years, I called hundreds of time, trying to have this fixed. And obviously during that time I did not use any of the benefits, since cards did not work as supposed. After 2 years, my employer decided to terminate the contract, and I called WageWorks immediately to inquire what happens to my funds. I was told I have 90 days to used those. At that point my funds were still not reversed, so I could not use them.

I had to call 5 more times to make sure this happens. Eventually, I was told all is fine, but will take effect on the 1st next month (that was when the contract terminated, but I was Ok since I believed I still had 90 days). I received a confirmation letter about the 90 days. To my surprise, 1st came and my card still did not work. Another round of countless calls and waits.....Receiving different answer every time...And if I requested a supervisor, I was told they are not available... And most importantly, I was suddenly told my funds are forfeited???!! Because I did not have 90 days....I am not even telling further...You get the picture...

Somehow, I found an address for some complaint commission with this company. No number, so I wrote a detailed letter. I almost gave up, but they did call. The lady I spoke to, was quite arrogant informing me I have lost my $213 and there is nothing I can do. I did not have 90 days and that is it. When I pointed out it was not my fault they did not fix their own mistake..She tried to convince me it was my mistake!?!? At that point I was speechless. She referred to some of my countless calls, taken out very selectively and out of context.. So shortly, unprofessional, incompetent, rude, providing not benefits, rather losses to employees.

Original review: March 20, 2022

Due to changing jobs I needed to elect Cobra insurance for a few months until my new job's insurance would cover me. I cancelled my plan, or so I thought, in December of 2021. Everything online shows terminated coverage however I keep getting mail from them about coverage from a different account number than my original account paperwork. They are unable to find out what is going on with the accounts and where the new account came from.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Just here to echo the hundreds of reviews regarding the abysmal service this company provides. I paid my COBRA premium and they dragged their feet to notify my health insurance despite the fact that I made my payment ahead of time and the money was taken out of my account right away. The reps give you all kinds of excuses then offer to open a case but then you get notified by email that the case has been closed but they don't provide any kind of resolution. I contacted the Department of Labor and they took my information and instructed me to contact my former employer, as they are ultimately the people who hired this company to manage the plan. The rep from the DOL was super informative and helpful and said that if my former employer didn't get this issue resolved they would be able to step in to help. Sure enough my issue was resolved within the hour. So, if anyone is giving you the runaround, contact the DOL and report them.

Original review: March 10, 2022

This business needs to be shut down. If there was an option for negative stars, I would give them that. They have been holding our money and will not allow us access. They send us debit cards, but they are declined for every transaction. Nobody seems to know how to fix it.

WageWorks Company Information