Compare Credit Card Processing Companies

Research top Credit Card Processing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The limits to me are more that it is hard for people to trust or believe that it is a legitimate and viable method of portable payment. The fees are mostly worthwhile if you have a bulk of transactions especially those which are substantial enough to offset the expenses to profit from. The customer service is a little trick and I recommend paying attention to time zones and business hours. Phoning is likely less successful than online customer service/support. The variety and out-of-the-box functionality of Square is amazing. It is great to be up and running in under an hour, actually more like 15 minutes.

I think they are fine. I've only used Square to make purchases and I wasn't aware that it had limits. I've used it to make purchases mostly at the beauty salon. I didn't have to pay a fee to use it. I have only been on the consumer end of Square. As a consumer it's great. I have been fortunate enough to never need to contact customer service for anything during the time that I used Square. As a consumer I was always satisfied with my purchase. As I have only been a customer I have not accessed very many features of Square so I am very satisfied with the variety that they offer me to tip along with my purchase.

The recent changes to the monthly limits are the best thing that they could have done. It makes me very happy and has pushed them into my preferred payment solution. I find the fees to be very competitive. They are fair and are quite low. I happily pay them as they are well worth the service that I receive. They offer high-quality customer support. The representatives know their products very well and are always cheerful and happy to answer any questions. I find that they offer all of the solutions that I need. They have enough solutions to make choosing the right one for my business was easy and straightforward.

Monthly limits are reasonable to the average consumer. I cannot see anyone spending more in a month. They charge for reasonable things and they do not add on mysterious fees like some other companies. Customer support is always friendly and welcoming. They try to help you with any questions you may have without transferring you to another customer representative. Not too much variety to choose from, but the few choices I do have are enough to cover any concerns I may be having.

2.75% is not really a bad discount rate. And your money's there in a couple of days. The chargeback time is in line with other and reading services so l do not really have any complaints. It's generated more business and that offsets any limits to me. 2.75% is average. Chargeback Protection is free for all Square merchants and covers eligible chargebacks up to a total of $250 a month. 3.5% plus 15 cents for charges on cards that don't have a chip... I got 0 complaints. Customer support is there when you need them and they are helpful and courteous and will spend the time it takes to resolve your questions or problems. Now they are offering Apple pay which definitely gives you an advantage on the competition! It allows me to take any charge my customers have wanted to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Square?

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter, is Square's CEO and co-founder. The company offers a credit card reader that attaches to your smart phone or tablet as well as wireless equipment for other types of payments.

• No long-term contracts: Signing up is free and doesn’t require a commitment.
  • Free Square reader: Sign up and receive a free Square magstripe reader.
  • Wireless Square reader for EMV cards, contactless cards and NFC payments: Accept every way your customer wants to pay. With this one reader, they can use Apple Pay (NFC) or EMV chip cards. With the free Square magstripe reader, you are set up to process all payments.
  • Customer Directory: Integrates with Square and adds your customer to its directory. You can view profiles, sort customers into groups, see spending habits and more.
  • Tax-preparation shortcuts: Built-in tools instantly complete a spreadsheet in one click to detail sales history faster.
  • Square Dashboard: Create an online store and have it hosted by Square. You can sell online and manage it all in Square Dashboard.
  • Square Inventory alerts: Get daily stock alert emails instantly whenever inventory items start running out.
  • Transparent pricing: Flat rate of 2.25 percent (per swipe, dip, or tap). For manually entered transactions, rate is 3.5 percent + $0.15.
  • Best for Professional service providers, online shop owners, mobile vendors and retailers seeking simple, secure, and easy credit card processing.

Compare Credit Card Processing