Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.96/5

Square offers multiple tools to make life more simple for business owners. The company helps business owners send invoices, accept online payments and offer delivery, pickup and shipping options. It also helps set up online stores. Square has solutions for multiple businesses, including retail stores and restaurants.

Square Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Square?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Square?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I would rate 0 if allowed. Square offers 0 customer support. Are withholding transferring funds to my account for no legitimate reason, almost a full month. I provided all requested info. My personal account rep offers 0 help, you have to make a phone appt, always a week out. Does not resolve issues. Does not return calls, emails or texts. Class action lawsuit should be in the works.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I am not happy with all of the charges and then do not even deposit my money for several days even though I have instant deposit and happily pay for that extra service. I was told that it can not be instant deposited because it was over $10,000. so now I get punished as I have to wait from Friday to Monday and they will then deposit my money. Why!? Called and I got no help! I would not recommend this company in good faith to anyone!

Original review: March 8, 2021

I opened a Square account and got a payment from a customer via a bank. I was told by the bank that using Square is convenient to receive the payment. So I did that and acknowledged I was charged for more than $1000 for the transaction! Later they explained that the fee for the transaction is 3.5%. But I didn't get any noticeable info on their website about the fee! Also, at least for a such large amount of fee, they should pop up something about the fee before proceeding the transaction! Can you think of any other financial institution would charge for more than $1000 for one payment wiring? I feel they are like a mob... Please let me know anyway I can sue them... Thanks for viewing my message.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Had Square for almost 2 years no problem until I stopped getting bank deposits. Went online and it said they need documents. I cannot submit them online, and square won't even tell me what documents they even want or how to give it to them. I can only use email support, they refuse to give me chat or phone support. The only reply I get is "please submit more documents to verify your business through your online dashboard. If you would rather not submit documents consider refunding your customers". The same customers that received their products already, and again I have been with them 2 years, and now they have to validate? Why wait so long.... Oh that's right Jack Dorsey (Yes he's involved in square) would rather steal from American companies. Only thing I can think of because they refuse to tell me what they want, or how to give it to them, seems like something an honest company would tell you. RUN AND USE A DIFFERENT COMPANY.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Square is so easy and accurate. Square is always growing to provide additional resources to provide to their merchants to assist them in their business ventures. Square is a business partner you can count on!!

Original review: March 2, 2021

Some time ago Square purchased the Weebly platform. Square online store users were migrated over to the Weebly platform. What I found in my experience is a partially functional website platform with poor SEO capabilities. The Square/Weebly users have a dashboard to add in their products, description and pricing. But NO ability to add H Tags to pages. None. Their code injector, Embed Code Section has a bug that corrupts any properly written syntax code after publishing. I have spent almost half a year with Square tech support with no resolution. I am not permitted to talk to advance tech support and keep getting told that my case would be elevated countless time. There are other Square Online store users with the same complaint. Bing Webmaster confirms what I am saying as well. I don't recommend the Square/Weebly Online store. I will be changing over soon. There are other platform with better tech support with fully functioning SEO capabilities.

Original review: March 1, 2021

In September 2020 my company completed an Artful Bachelorette Party for my client. The client was sent photos for her event and wrote a 5 star review and thank you note praising my company for a great event. In October 2020 we were notified from Square that a dispute had been raised: "Customer claimed credit was owed." We called the client and she denied raising any disputes, stated she had a great experience with us and had no idea what that was about.

In November 2020 I responded to the dispute thinking it was an administration error. I explained that this client received a full two hour live figure drawing class in September. The client was very happy and left us a great review. We contacted her today and she said that this dispute is a mistake and she never ordered it. I assumed that the $1,109.12 would be credited back to me when a human took a look and would see the error and fix it. In December 2020 Square said that the dispute had gone in the client's favor. I again contact the client, she again denied the claim and also said she has not received a credit/refund and sent screenshots showing her bank statements showing that she had no disputes open in 2020.

In December, January and February I had many phone calls and emails with my Square account manager who agreed that there must be a mistake. I asked her to escalate the dispute and to get a manager and/or someone from the Disputes department to take a better look and get back to me on where the money is. To this date March 1st, I still have no answers on this. There has been no transparency. I'm down $1,109.22. The client claims that they never received the credit so where is the $1,109.22.

Square has been very secretive, unhelpful, and someone has my money and nobody is helping me find it. I have run thousands of events, what if other people started disputing their events after they have had them? It is hard enough being a small business, trying to survive during a pandemic without having to try and fight for money you have rightfully earned. It is also awful that after giving a client a 5 star experience I had to taint it by constantly asking her if she disputed me and asking her to prove that she didn't. Very embarrassing and tarnishing for my brand. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to anybody else.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Transactions instantly is a plain lie! Found out mine was going to be 30 days! After 35 I complained. They sent email after that saying they closed my account and are holding my money for 90 days, at which point I will lose my money because of penalties! Because I called a lawyer! This is email!!! "Our account services team has reviewed your account and determined that we are no longer able to support processing your payments. Starting today, your account with Square is deactivated. Any funds in your account balance will be held for a period of 90 days, and are due to be released to you within 2 business days after may 09 2021. Please be advised that the release date and amount available for release may change based factors that include receiving additional chargebacks after this notice!" basically they stole every dime I put in the account! Do not use this company! Even their merchant handlers said they are dropping square! Please spread this so people don't get robbed by them too!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

My girlfriend started a small business so I suggested Square. After her first transaction she was billed over $1,800 dollars. We called together to find out what happened. The representative informed us that an account was opened almost 10 years prior with charge backs. She has an ex that is a small time thief that opened a few accounts in her name so we knew where it came from. We tried working with the representative but all they wanted us to do was verbally accept responsibility for the charges like a debt collector which we knew not to do. They refused to provide the account information even through my gf verified her identity and refused to even consider looking into the ex whom we know did it. We even provided contact information that they can trace but they were more interested in getting her to accept the debt (that is easier for them after all). That is horrible customer experience!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

A family friend was supposed to make furniture for my family's new home. I paid him two payments of $1,350 via Square. Unfortunately, he got injured and was unable to make the furniture. He advised me to dispute the charges with my credit card company and get my money back. He also stated he stopped using Square because they were difficult to work with. Meanwhile, I made the dispute and was initially credited the funds. Apparently Square's policy is go dispute any disputes brought against them immediately and automatically no matter what and based off nothing. They advised my credit card company I did receive the furniture, which is completely false.

Also, my friend explained he did not dispute anything and I should have been refunded. BUT because Square it has been 2 months of torture trying to get refunded. Do not trust them, they are lying criminals. I don't know how they can automatically lie and say an item was delivered when it wasn't and dispute a dispute when their client didn't want them to dispute anything. I highly recommend not giving them a penny of your money or a minute of your time. I can't even find a customer service number to call and speak to someone. 0 start review if it was an option.

Square Company Information