Find a Business Loans partner

2. Finance
  3. Business Loans

4.0/5 (563 ratings)
Find a Business Loans partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Currency

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Currency Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had first applied for a trailer with another trading company, and they gave me the runaround for about a month. They kept not responding back to emails, not letting me know what was going on and I didn’t know that it shouldn’t take that long to get on it for a trailer. They screwed me over and messed me over with a lot of money. Currency helped me out in 24 hours and helped me stay afloat, which really saved me so I'm grateful. Everything went so fast, I didn’t believe it. We're getting out about three weeks now, so everything is slowly growing. I'm waiting ‘til everything gets booming and I'm gonna go through Currency again for a second trailer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got a loan from Currency Capital for a piece of equipment. It has enabled us to double the amount of work we can do. Their rep was absolutely awesome. He was able to help me with a lot of different ideas and what I thought I needed. He actually came up with some other options that I wouldn't have even thought about. We had to really work for it to get everything done where it would coincide time-wise with when the lift was ready. It was a very easy transaction compared to going through my regular bank. My regular bank was wanting to see the lift, which was in North Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

When I went to purchase my trailer, the company I was buying it from was working with Currency Capital. I got financed through Currency and got a traditional loan which helped me not use so much money right upfront. Working with Currency's rep has been wonderful. He's a great person and his knowledge was very good. He worked on my loan like a normal one and I got answers within an hour. Without this loan, my business would be a lot harder because I wouldn't be able to haul things around and would have to figure out a way to borrow a trailer. Dealing with Currency Capital has been a very good experience overall. They did a wonderful job.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Currency Capital makes me sick. When I was looking for a truck, I wasn’t even trying to call them for a loan. They called me back and gave me a loan overnight. I told the rep what I wanted. I didn't wanna spend 200,000 and they gave me 100,000, which was cool. But when I found the truck and flew out to Wisconsin to buy it, that was when he told me if I would buy something over eight years old, they were gonna add two more points. They should have told me that before I even thought about buying anything. They should have told me all the rules and regulations or their procedures.

Plus if I buy a truck at Wisconsin and I’m at Philadelphia, it's common sense that I would need insurance. It's 19 hours away. I would need insurance to get from point A to point B. So I got insurance. But Currency Capital took money out of my account last month for insurance. I had sent them information and the rep should have sent the information but they took my money. I’m paying State Farm for my truck right now plus Currency Capital is stealing money out of my account. They both take out of my account but they couldn't do that after I've changed it. I called the rep, changed all my account and said they can’t take their money for the normal monthly payment. I told the rep they shouldn’t have taken my money for my insurance.

I’m still waiting to get reimbursed for my money right now. But no matter how good my insurance is, Currency Capital keeps finding some reasons. The rep said they didn't get my insurance package. So I sent it to him. State Farm even sent them a policy for coverage for everything. State Farm asked if I owned the vehicle. No, I'm being financed. It's automatic – if I crash tomorrow, State Farm isn't gonna pay me. It's not even my vehicle that I'm paying for. I was just playing games through the phone with Currency Capital. I called State Farm and gave them Currency Capital's number. State Farm would deal with them directly.

How Currency Capital did this is legal but it’s blindsided. They took my money on the first day when I bought my vehicle. It was for the first month payment and the docs fee but they didn’t tell me. They just withdrew on my account so when the bank called me and said somebody had accessed my account, I told the manager of my account that I hadn't authorized anybody and they stopped it. Two weeks later, Currency Capital called me. But they didn't tell me they would take my money. I would have given them authorization.

I’m taking my money that I financed the truck with and go pay Currency Capital. I really don’t wanna deal with them. With everything I ever bought, it's always been paid for – no late fees, no liens and no mortgages. I don’t owe anything but this and I can’t keep paying for this vehicle because I have a bunch of vehicles. If I were to answer my phone to Currency Capital, I wouldn’t even respond. I would just hang up on them. Absolutely nothing out there deserves them.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had bid on something and ended up winning two of them at the same time so then I didn’t have the money to pay for one, so I went through Currency Capital in order to get the funds. I got an emergency equipment loan from them and the time it took for the whole process was very reasonable.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Currency Capital is the preferred financer for TrailersPlus in Kingman, Arizona. I got a loan for a trailer from them. The process could have been quicker though. Also, I asked them about the 30 days to have my own insurance thing or else they were automatically gonna charge me for it. I told the rep that I saw this in the contract and he said he would check on it. He went to talk to somebody, and he came back and said that it only applied to semi-truck trailers and large trailers. I got an email a few days later that said if I didn’t have an insurance within 30 days on the trailer itself for comp, and collision, and theft, then Currency Capital would automatically add it on. I intended to get it anyway, but there was some confusion there. But other than that, everything else was great.

Original review: June 14, 2019

We contacted Currency Capital to purchase a trailer. We like to pay cash, but we were kinda in a hard place. Our trailer that we had was gonna have to be replaced immediately. But the lending process turned out to be very slow. I got online, filled out the thing, and it wound out being Currency. I didn’t hear back from anyone for two weeks. The week before I tried to call and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. It went to a voicemail, and then so I waited a while. I just kinda left it alone.

And then our trailer broke down. We lost all the brakes and it was gonna cost us five grand just to replace the whole system. And I thought that we needed another trailer anyway as a back-up, so I just went and called them. I finally got ahold of a guy and he was really great. I told him it has been two weeks, and I’ve not heard from anyone. And he said, “I see your thing. You’ve been approved. Nobody’s contacted you?” And I said no. He told me I left it blank on the salesperson. I said, “I was in San Antonio that day, but I live in Oklahoma, and I didn’t put someone down. The guy that helped me was wonderful.

He helped us right away, and then the guy that I was working with to get the loan situated and everything was great. Once we figured out a dealership, they said, “Come on over.” So, we drove. It was two hours, and he still had not heard from Currency by the time I got there in two hours. And we hadn't got any paperwork or anything. And so, he started calling and finding out what the hold-up was. I think what happened is that it was lunchtime.

Currency helped us out tremendously. We were able to get the trailer we need in emergency. So, doing it all in one day, it helped us from not failing. Because if we were still having to pull the old trailer, it probably would've been in the shop for three weeks is what I was told, and it was gonna cost me about five grand. The guy that finally helped us made it happen. He told us upfront everything to expect and what to do. The only other thing that has been kind of a hold-up is that once it went through I didn’t hear anything for a while.

So, I called the day that I got an email saying my loan was gonna be due on the 7th of this month, and I hadn't heard anything. I contacted them to make sure I wasn’t gonna get a late fee. That’s been my biggest concern. I don’t want that. But finally, yesterday, I got an email saying that my payment’s gonna be taken out any time. People are busy and I know there can be some delays, but their communication could be a little bit better with the client, especially if I’m calling for questions. I got the runaround a little bit until I got some answers.

But I would recommend them. My husband and I only been in business for a year now. I didn’t think we’d qualify. And it’s not a loan. It’s more a lease. Interest is a little high. But my goal is I’m going to try to take $2,000, 2,500 a month, and I’m gonna try to get it paid off within the sixth month. Everything's been fixed. We're finally getting the payments down on time. The first time wasn't on time but we didn't get a penalty. They've been real good to fix the issue and get it done. So I do appreciate that.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Applying with Currency Capital was easy. I got a small business loan from them which helped me buy a machine for my business. With it, my business is gonna be fine. Overall, I had a good experience with Currency Capital.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got an equipment purchasing loan from Currency Capital when I purchased my trailer. The people whom I talked to were very courteous. They were very kind and easy to work with. Though the lending process took about a week, it was because my driver's license had to be corrected. I had a very good experience overall with Currency Capital and I was very satisfied. Without the loan, things would have been much harder for me and my business 'cause I would've had to get another trailer somehow and I wouldn't have been able to do that. I'd use their service again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I got an equipment lease loan from Currency Capital which made it possible for me to grab a hold of the refrigeration units right then and there. They were very prompt getting back to me on everything that I needed to do. It was a very simple step. It was one of the easier ones I’ve had to deal with when it comes to making a purchase.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I got a loan for a trailer at Currency Capital. It was a real fast loan, so I was very happy with the deal. I was so surprised it was so fast. Within minutes, I was approved. And then after that, it was just paperwork back-and-forth. I just did everything they said and everything. Everything was perfect. Now that I have a trailer the business is faster.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I was buying a piece of equipment and I decided to try Currency Capital. The rep was quite helpful and they did a pretty good job of getting things lined up in servicing our requirements. But one thing I thought is that I'm getting them to pin down the interest rate and it's virtually impossible. I could tell from the payment situation, I could figure out what the interest rate was. And I knew it was relatively competitive. But it wouldn't have hurt for them just to go, "It's X amount or whatever."

Original review: June 8, 2019

I work for myself but I’m leased on to a company. I was looking for an 18-wheeler truck that I’d drive and right through a website, I applied for a loan and ended up with Currency Capital. Three hours later, a gentleman called me back and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. If I was to call and he wouldn’t answer the phone, I left a message. He’d call me back within 10 minutes or we got a hold of each other through text messages. He was very punctual and pleasant. It took a couple of days before we finalized everything, but getting an equipment financing was very easy and I am very satisfied with Currency. I would recommend them to anybody. I’m making more money than before and I ended up buying another truck.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was buying a plane and got an aviation loan. Currency set it all up. They're like a TPA. They processed the loan, but they didn't fund it. I got the relationship manager Kathy secondhand through my partner in the plane and she was awesome. She did everything and it made things easy. She coordinated getting all of the FAA required documents and all the loan documents. It was about as smooth a transaction as I've had. I picked the plane up in L.A. And then flew it back to Wlimington on the East Coast where I live. I have flown across the whole country and it was awesome.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I got a personal business loan for my trailer from Currency Capital. I needed the trailer to move material, and I’ve already made a few bucks with it, so the loan has been very helpful. The person that I talked to at Currency Capital was great and very helpful. It’s been a great experience working with them, and they provided the funding for my equipment loan expeditiously. But wish I was able to see my account online. I emailed them and I got a response back saying that they would just send out a monthly statement in my email, which is good. I like the email statement, but I would like to be able to see my statement online or make extra payments online if needed.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I'll recommend Currency Capital. They helped me out when I needed it, so maybe they can help others. I got a small business loan and it helped my business a lot. I've had really good interaction with the Currency Capital relationship manager. I like the communication with them. My experience was overall great.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Currency Capital was attached to the website that had the vehicle I was looking at. I applied for financing through their website and I submitted it with Currency. I got an equipment loan from Currency. And it has increased my potential for earnings. I can have more than one earning stream now than I can allow. The people from Currency were very pleasant to deal with. They knew what they were talking about. They took care of my needs, helped me with all the questions that I had and made me feel right at home. The whole lending process went fairly fast. I didn’t really have any problems with the process, and once they started on it, it went along smoothly. Overall, it was a great experience, and I appreciate the help that they set me up with.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The loan specialist at Currency Capital was nice. They took care of me. I will recommend them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I saw Currency Capital's ad posted on an auction site, and I ended up buying a truck through an auction. I filled out the application online and was contacted by an agent in California who was awesome. We did everything online and I didn't have to go anywhere. I was able to do e-signatures, which a lot of companies don't do, and it made my life easier. They trusted me with my credit score to get the loan to push through and it was all pretty simple. The guy that I was buying the truck from had never sold anything before on the auction as he was a first time seller. So, Currency Capital sent out an inspector to inspect the truck and make sure the VINs matched. They took pictures before they issued him a check on our behalf. I was thankful for that because most companies don't do that. They just wire the money and assume everything is gonna go well. I appreciate the loan, and everything has gone well since then.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I wanted to buy a trailer and I was gonna use cash, but the guy that works at Happy Trailer Sales told me about Currency Capital. The loan that I got from Currency helped me with the equipment, and my business would've gone a lot slower without that loan. Applying was super easy. I was working and I couldn’t get to it right away, but we got it done in a day and everything was submitted and approved. The reps were professional and I had a very good experience with them.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I received an equipment loan from Currency Capital and it helped me get the trailer that I needed for the freight that I am pulling. Without that loan, my business would be a little harder. The relationship manager was really good and she took care of the loan. It was an easy process. I filled out the application online and they responded back quickly. Then, they linked me up with a sales rep and she walked me through the rest of the process. Once I found some equipment, I shot the sale invoice to her and she took care of it.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I am an owner operator. I had older trucks before but I stopped for around four years. I restarted one more time with a truck and took a financing loan from Currency Capital. It's good, but maybe leasing is better. I had a good interaction with the person I talked to. Plus, I received attention for my application for the credit. It was an okay experience.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital on the auctions all over the internet and I got an equipment loan from them. I was already approved from last year and the funding was very quick. It was no more than two days. When I don't have extra cash, that's when I go to Currency. It’s the way to go and I’m satisfied.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was looking at purchasing a piece of equipment off MachineryTrader and when I pressed the financing tab, Currency Capital came up. I applied for a loan and they called me back. There were a couple of caveats that we had to figure out and then they approved me. But then, when I called the dealer, the equipment I was gonna purchase was already sold. A little time passed and I found another seller who was an individual. I called Currency Capital's agent and told him I wanted to do the purchase. He told me I was already approved and that there were just a few more steps. He asked me if I wanted to proceed. Still, he was able to get the loan done pretty quickly.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital through Trade-a-Plane and I obtained airplane purchase financing from them. Their application process was simple and straightforward. Their rep was a real pleasure to work with. She was very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. She even had a fair amount of resources to get me other information. Overall, Currency Capital is great. They expedited the financing process really quickly which we really appreciated. We have to travel a fair amount for work and the airplane gives us the ability to do that. Without the loan, it would have been difficult for us.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I buy a lot of equipment which is online at times. I pay cash for it and in there, they said, “Finance equipment with 0% interest.” So, it caught my eye and with the taxes that were pretty hard in the past, I decided to finance it so that I’m not short of capital. I did the equipment financing loan with Currency. But, I have not finished my transaction with them yet and my plan is to pay them off right away. I was able to deal with a good person and he was very professional. We had a very positive and very good interaction. They were really helpful too.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Currency Capital was in the paper when I was looking for a truck, then it was linked to the company. I got a loan for buying the truck and the person who worked with me was good but the loan process took two weeks. We had some issues with the dealer who was selling the truck but the rep used all the power he could to finish the loan fast. I was very satisfied and it was a very good experience.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital through the trailer dealer and I got an equipment loan from them. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to operate. I was able to purchase the equipment and I’m fine with the service. Obtaining the loan was short and quick. Plus, the interaction with the manager was good and she was professional. Working with Currency gave me the ability to grow the business and people should go for it.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was buying a trailer for a semi and iTAG Equipment, the people I bought the semi from, set me up with Currency Capital. I got an equipment loan which made it possible to run my semi in all states. I couldn’t do it before because I didn’t have a trailer. Everything was quick and awesome with the loan. I was approved the same day, but the whole process took two days. It was as easy as could be but there was money taken out of my account that I was not aware of. Apparently, it was in the contract but I have never seen it there. Other than that, everything was amazing. The interaction with the manager was all good. Sometimes, he was a little harder to get ahold of than I would like, but that was just business. Everybody’s busy. There were a few hiccups but Currency is the best experience I’ve had so far.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was gonna buy a loader and Currency Capital was on the company’s website. I got an equipment loan and the process was great. In the heavy equipment business, when you’re trying to buy used equipment, sometimes it’s very difficult. It takes days and days. The guy from Currency did it in 15 minutes or less. It was quick. The manager was a good guy and it was an awesome interaction. He was very professional and he knew exactly what to do to take care of what I needed.

The loan freed up the money we had in the bank to catch up on other stuff, rather than having to come up with a huge down payment. It was impressive. We’ve been in the business for 30-something years and we’ve got a good reputation, and still, for a used equipment, sometimes it’s hard to borrow money. They don’t wanna loan money on it. We’ve always done very well but it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call these guys and it’s done. I don’t have to come up with my tax returns. So many companies make me jump through hoops. I would recommend Currency.

Currency Company Information