4.05/5
Based on 145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency Capital is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

379 Currency Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I received an equipment financing loan from Currency Capital for a trailer. They should do a lot better follow-up after the deal. I never received any amortization schedule, no address and no detail of where it’s coming out of my account. Nevertheless, it was a small deal so it made it more convenient for us to do business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

We got an equipment loan from Currency Capital and it was a great experience. We worked with their rep, Remy. Everything worked well and it was easy. The loan made it easier to move equipment around.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was on ironplanet.com searching for a loan and came across Currency Capital. I received an equipment loan from them, which bought me a loader that I use for my business. Justin, the manager that I worked with, was really good and pleasurable to work with. It was quick and easy to deal with some guys and go through all the steps with them.

Original review: April 15, 2018

While it was quick to get approval for equipment leasing with Currency Capital, the interest rate is a bit higher at 30%. Other than that, my interaction with the Relationship Manager at Currency Capital was good. Now, I've got additional trucks.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have nine vehicles, but I've always wanted a dump trailer. I only plan to buy a dump trailer and one thing led to another and I walked out there with two trailers. The guy that owns the Big Tex dealer told me to go to this website and fill out the application. Within 10 seconds of filling, somebody called me and then their boss called me and said that somebody will call me within 10 minutes and within 10 minutes, a girl called me and she was awesome.

There was wide open communication. She told what the steps were and what was going to happen. She also explained to me how it screenshots my bank account and that it was all secure and safe. That was at 9:00 at night Eastern Time and then by 9:30 PM that night, I was approved, financing was in place and I was ready to go. It was a fantastic experience with Currency Capital. There is now a massive difference on organization and productivity of my business. Having the dump trailer allowed me to do more on one job with less trips.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital. I heard about them through the company where I made the purchase of the equipment. We've just started our business and it's growing slowly but surely. The loan has been great and I'm so thankful for it. Without it, I would still have to try and get through, but getting it was excellent and sealed the deal. The relationship managers at Currency Capital were very transparent and my interaction with them was excellent. I've definitely told people about Currency Capital and let them know that if they needed a trailer or some other equipment, they could go to Currency Capital to get financing for it.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I got a working capital from Currency Capital. It has given me the opportunity to expand out on some of our advertising campaigns and also to increase some of the inventory that we were a little low on. The interactions with Currency Capital were fantastic. Everything was very smooth, explained and simple. It is the first kind of thing that I have done like this other than a cabin loan I did in the past and that was all over the internet. But this one was actually talking to somebody and everything was fine.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Currency Capital does the financing in the place where we wanted to buy trailers from. We purchased two trailers we needed and the loans we got from Currency Capital was able to free up the capital that we didn't have to spend. I had a fine dealing with Currency Capital's relationship manager. She was very smart and knew the services that they were rendering. She answered all the questions that I had and she was on top of everything which I liked. She was very efficient and that was a major plus. Currency Capital was very helpful and everything went smoothly.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I heard about Currency Capital from Aerial Titans when I bought some equipment and I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital to purchase a forklift. The loan has helped me since the forklift is obviously making money. Remy, my relationship manager at Currency Capital, was great. He had a lot of good qualities and he stayed in touch and on top of everything through the whole process. I would definitely recommend Remy and ask for him next time.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I called Currency for a way to start credit history on my business. I had the money to buy the forklift outright and called talked with Kati ** with Currency through eBay. "I understand you want to build credit and we report I can get you a good rate and loan for the equipment fast." The forklift was 12900$. I talked with her and said that, “I don’t need a normal rate to start a business loan start payment history to my small business because I’ve never had a loan.” She said, “Simply you pay the interest down payment upfront for 1600$ plus tax and documentation fee of 200$.” So I wrote the check for 2000$ and started auto withdrawal over a 18 month note. I paid auto transfer and the loan which she said is a lease with no buyout at end but 200$? I real a scam lease payments were completed and ended a couple months ago. I never got one letter from EVER then except they got bought out by another company.

Well Kati called 2 days ago wanting to know if I wanted another loan and I said, “Well how does my forklift loan stand” and she sent me to customer service. They said I was on a lease that has a fair market payout which they couldn’t tell me the amount? THIS is not what I was told when I talked to Kati when I applied for the loan so I just got a email after calling for 2 days and emailing with no response from Kati that a company named ENVERTO says the value of the forklift is 9900$ and I have two weeks to pay it or start 985$ lease payments for another year!!! With the 18 month payments of 985$ and 2k down I've already paid 19K over the past 18 months for a 12999$ forklift that was on eBay? What the HECK!

Kati will not pick up and the fair market buy out value is referenced as 199$ on the lease disclosure. I have no bad payment history! This is highway robbery. I would be paying 27,800$ for a forklift. I could of bought for 12999$ which they knew and they didn't report to the credit bureau to show a loan paid as agreed as they stated they would. HORRIBLE AMERICAN FRAUD BUSINESS WITH NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THEY SHOW YOU THEIR SCAM on the hard working American businesses. The company that sent me the 9900$ buy out is a company named ENVERTO that will only take a direct wire transfer by 4/18 which is roughly 3 weeks!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Currency Capital has been awesome. Stephanie, the lady who I was dealing with, was patient, so calm and understanding. I got an equipment leasing. She moved the process along and answered all the questions. I talked to another department and then another department. Everybody was uniformed and everybody acted professionally, concerned, respectful and patient. It was almost kind of surreal. I'm not located there in California. I'm here in Missouri. So, I thought this was fraud. I had to call the people that I was buying the truck from. I asked if the people from Currency Capital are real and they said yes and that they deal with Currency Capital all the time. That made me feel better.

Whenever I finance, I just called Currency Capital. I'm a creature of habit and if I have a good experience, I wanna keep it, feeling that same feeling again. They helped me out a lot. Also, they were super thorough. They brought technology that I’ve never seen, like the document signed over the notary online. And then I'm taking the money out of the account. That was great. I don't have any arguments except that they were awesome. I would argue with somebody else about their experience because everybody at Currency Capital was great. I will tell other friends and colleagues of mine who own trucks and different things about Currency Capital and how it worked.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Currency Capital was on the website I was looking at where I was purchasing a truck. I had confidence in the guy who processes the loan so I gave them a shot. I got a commercial loan and it made my business plan good and easy. And if I have the opportunity, I would talk about Currency Capital to anybody looking for it.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I looked at an ad for a truck online and when I clicked on the financing option, Currency Capital was the one that came up. I received equipment leasing from them for our tractor and then I came back within 30 days to finance our trail. They enabled me to grow my business and they feel like family now. I called them the other day and the rep knew my voice right away. Also, I've recommended them to my driver who is one of my owner operators.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had two trucks and I sold one to pay off a couple of things that I left behind. I'm in Florida and I wanted to move to Texas, so I needed money to get the truck ready to go. I went to my bank directly and they told me that they can't do personal loans right now. Then, I was on Truck Paper when I saw a company that led me to start thinking there was probably something else out there. So I googled places where one can have financing that helps business and I found Currency Capital's website. I sent them an email but I never got contacted back so then I found their number and I called. From there, we head over doing paperwork and stuff and I sent over what they asked. Our interactions were awesome and I got a working capital that has made my business plans possible. I'd recommend them with everybody and I've already sent them a couple of guys doing the same thing.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I went and applied for a utility trailer, so they got me in contact with Currency Capital. Since it was for an automotive trailer, I got the equipment leasing from Currency Capital and it's helping my business very much. It was the first time I went in. I told them I want to buy a trailer and they were really helpful and so I didn't have to go somewhere else.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We filled out an application online and took a small business loan from Currency Capital. Dylan, their rep was wonderful and the process took maybe five days. The loan allowed me to get my truck plated and allowed me to do things I need to send my truck on the road. It was helpful and made things simpler. I had a great experience.

Original review: March 25, 2018 I got a lease loan from Currency Capital which made it possible for me to get the trailers that I needed. I heard about them through Nationwide Trailers and

I wouldn’t have done business without the loan they gave me.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I placed an inquiry to Currency Capital online and they reached out to me. They were the only ones who wanted to finance my equipment. They offered us some small loans of about $5,500. I got to call them because I haven't opened the business yet and I know I have to start paying for that equipment and it went okay. Our credit wasn't really that great so there was a lot of back and forth trying to get co-signer. And then some of the hidden fees start to pop up after we talked so they have to come up front with everything and not after you get approved they would say, "Oh, by the way this and that." I was straight to the point on what was going on and they were patient. But only use Currency Capital as a last resort.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Currency Capital has great service. They’re very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The Currency Capital manager was great and it was a quick response.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Currency Capital is a good place to go. They explained everything I needed to do and get upfront versus most places that tell you one thing and then tell you another when you go through it. The whole process was fairly easy and straightforward and it was done in a little more than a day. The loan for equipment from Currency Capital has made my business easier through loading and unloading.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have a commercial loan for a semi-trailer from Currency Capital which gave me a little bit more business credit. I've been a trucker 35 years so it helped me with getting a trailer and possibly getting a newer one. The only bad thing that I would say is that they called me because one of my notes was due. When my fiancee called them, they were saying that my note wasn't due until the last day of each month. I told them I would pay on the 28th of last month and the lady said the last one was really new. They worked the last two months but they debit my account previous to that and made me pay for a charge. Also, the guy named Calvin was pretty good at what he does but he got a little cocky. He probably wouldn't act that way if I said where I'm from. Other than that, if anyone asks me about Currency, I would tell them to go there. The person who we made deal with maybe a little cocky but the program was excellent.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I'm satisfied with my loan from Currency Capital and it helped with our credit. The process wasn't really long and I mainly communicated with them through texts and calls.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Dealing with my Currency Capital manager was great and they treated me excellently. I got an equipment loan from them and purchased an equipment. The loan helped me upgrade the equipment to a larger piece. They were easy to work with and everything went pretty smooth.

Original review: March 8, 2018

With Currency Capital, I was able to get the trailer and things that I was lacking in my business. Their employees treated me nicely. They went over everything and made sure I understood all the things that were going on. I really appreciated that. But I intend to call them back because I was told my payment was due on the 9th of every month but a payment was taken out on the 26th and it came up as Enverto leasing payment. I have the money in the account so it went through but I would call them to make sure. It could be me and the rep could have said the 29th. Other than that, I would tell a friend of mine to give them first a try before trying somewhere else.

Original review: March 7, 2018

For dumpsters, it was costing my business a lot of money. I decided to get a loan for an equipment leasing with Currency Capital for a dumpster trailer. I was not happy though that before I could even know if the loan would work, they made me put money down and I did not realize that it was not refundable. They did not tell me this ahead of time. Rather than lose $2,500, I went through with it. Also, what they told me ahead of time and what actually happened really was not the same. It made me think that they were trying to pull something and I had to look at the paperwork really closely to make sure that they were not. They had to put in writing what they were saying and I had to change a couple of things, which they reluctantly did. It was a struggle and I would have appreciated it if they would have said all the info upfront so that I knew exactly.

Other than that, so far I love everything that the loan did for me. I was able to lease this equipment from them and in about a year and a half, I'll be able to buy it out. I was also able to eliminate the cost down to about a fourth of what we were paying. Currency Capital took care of what they needed to do, I took care of what I needed to do and it just rolled right out. I was happy with what it did for my business and I was happy in the end-product. They're okay to deal with, just make sure to read the paperwork before giving the money.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The loan I got from Currency Capital was like an equipment lease with a buy out at the end where I can buy it out cheap for $400. With increasing the type of equipment that we need for a reasonable price, the gentleman that I had a deal with, John, has been completely a consummate professional the entire time. He was very much able to get this loan to happen for me with very minimal paperwork. And it's not that we don't do things on the up and up because that's not where I'm going, it's just that he was very attentive. He gave me his personal cell phone numbers because I work a lot of hours. And I was able to call him in the evening and I was able to get documents to him in the evening.

And he was very accommodating with my schedule and was able to get some of these older pieces of equipment to finance, so I didn't have to take the impact and cash flow of my business and allow me to spread these payments out over a period. And that is really the true advantage of Currency. What we do is we have garbage trucks that we hold the demolition material with. And whether I spend $300,000 or $10,000 on a garbage truck, we still have to do a ton of work to them to get them ready to hold demolition material. So, what they let me do is I could buy these trucks for $10,000, $15,000 and we take 15 to 20 of our own money, put it in and make them right and then put them out on the road.

So I get a truck that about a tenth of a cost of new and were able to put them the work and a lot of other finance companies don't want to deal with older equipment. They have age restrictions and mileage restrictions and all those other stuff but Currency was able to make those loans happen and that's really what it helped us out. I've done two deals with them for equipment and they've both been good and they've also lately contacted me for a business line of credit but right now, on our tax position that we don't need to use that.

I'm very satisfied because realistically, the two trucks that we have, one of those can make $1,000 in a day of profit. I was very appreciative of how they handled things. Especially to another thing, as a business that would still maybe even be considered in a startup phase in its third year. The fact that they were willing to even sit down and talk with us and lend to us, speaks volumes about their service as well.

Original review: March 5, 2018

When I signed up with Currency Capital, they made it sound like I was financing the trailer that I bought from Big Tex. But the way they wrote it up was like a lease. I went to pay my trailer off four months after I bought it and they made me pay the entire five years plus all the interest for five years. Also, as many times as I tried, the girl I was speaking with at Currency Capital would not ever let me talk to anybody above her. She just said that she was the one I was going to deal with and I could file a complaint through email but she would not ever let me. It was a horrible experience and I was not happy at all. Before I was aware of how they were doing things, I got another trailer and used Currency for that, too. So, I’m stuck into that one and I’m just going to pay it off.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I took a $13,000 loan from Currency Capital to finance the initial work of redeveloping our website and our blog. Their rep was very calm and professional. I appreciated that they did not make it unnecessarily complicated to get whatever documents I needed, and everything was expedited. The loan was processed within one week, which let us hire the new company. We wouldn't have been able to set aside that kind of money for the fund to get the blog going. Also, I was going to have to make another payment to my old SEO company if we didn't get it done quickly and I didn't want to incur another month of payment to that company that wasn't really good at anything. I'd tell friends that Currency Capital's terms can be very fair if they need a temporary loan to carry their crew for a few months. Also, the paperwork burden is a lot less than they might imagine it would be.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Currency Capital was pretty straightforward and easy to work with. They were a little expensive but still more reasonable than most of the other companies. Overall, I would work with them again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I took a loan from Currency Capital for a trailer and it has helped me from wasting all my savings. Without it, things would have been a little bit tighter. It was a quick process and I had a fairly good interaction with their relationship manager. I went to go pick a trailer at Big Tex Trailers and asked about a business loan. They referred me to Currency Capital and I was signing within the hour. It was a good deal and I'm very satisfied.

Currency Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

• Best for: Small to mid-sized businesses, local businesses and expanding businesses seeking small business loans, equipment financing, equipment leasing and working capital.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg