3.54/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency Capital is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

308 Currency Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed a rollback truck and Currency Capital could finance it. It was not a good experience. I paid $4000 plus down and they told me I'd be set in a couple of days. However, I didn't get a title and when they finally sent it six weeks later, it was the wrong one. They screwed the title up and I had to go to the title department. They had to print another title and send it to me. I couldn't use the truck for a month. I'm paying $1,800 a month for it but can't make any money with it. The lady from their title place told me that they'll make the title so that I don't have to pay until the following month. Then Currency Capital called me today and told me that they didn't get my payment today. I told them that the lady told me I'm supposed to pay next month since I didn't get the title until three days ago. Now they're investigating and told me my truck might be taken back. They need to get their words all straight.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Horrible, bought a truck on 10-10-17 for my business. 3 weeks and a few day later I have still not received the information needed to register my truck. This is our livelihood and not to mention we have a driver who has not worked for this amount of time. It has cost me approx. $5000.00 a week in lost revenue. If I don't get this resolved quickly my business is going to go under. We have sent emails with no response and now they won't even pick up the phone. They were quick to take the down payment out of my account but now no response to getting my truck up and running. If I don't get this resolved today I will go broke. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I got hard money loan from Currency Capital and it has allowed me to step on out and get what I needed to be very productive. Without it, we would still be pulling the ship and I thank God for the opportunity to live another day.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I met a dealer in Bedford and he referred me to Currency Capital. I got a loan for a big truck and I want my business to grow. Their process was faster than I thought and it was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Currency Capital made my business plans possible by giving me an operating capital. I got a commercial loan from them and that helped me purchase the equipment I needed for my business. Their reps were all professional and everything's fine so far. I'd recommend them to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We were in desperate need for a truck since we couldn't deliver anything without it. So, we went to Currency Capital and got a loan from them for equipment financing. The rep, Dennis, was awesome, excellent and polite, and he was on things the second that we asked. By and large, everything was easy with Currency Capital and, without the loan from them, our business performance would not have been good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We got equipment financing from Currency Capital for our plow. They were responsive, followed up well, and enabled us to get the plow. On the other hand, there was a little bit of back and forth that took longer than what we thought it should have taken.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I wanted to borrow $4,000 to buy a loader and the bank wouldn’t let me have it because the individual who had it couldn’t show proof that he bought it off of eBay in 2005. I went to Currency Capital and told their rep that I was looking for a 450V RA 450 Case Dozer. He said he'll see what he could find. He called me after a couple of days and said he found the dozer for me. But it was in Tennessee even though I told him I didn't want it to be too far because I work 40 hours a week mowing grass and I couldn't afford to travel to go look at the equipment. I asked what shape was the dozer in and he said it was in great shape so I bought it.

But when the dozer got here, it would start and run but it has no pushing power. It is junk and I'm stuck with the $12,000 loan. It's not 100% their fault though. It was my fault too because I did not go look at the dozer. Their rep sent me pictures of it but nothing to show me it was functional. If the dozer had been running, it would have been paid off the week that I got it because I had a $23,000 bit to do and I was going to turn around as soon as the job was done and pay it off. But it didn’t work that way because they screwed me over. I told them I was not paying for it so they’ve got me in court over that. It would have been no problem getting the $12,000 loan but now they’ve caused my credit to go to crap and 90% of that was their fault. I was very dissatisfied with my experience and I would not recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We got a loan from Currency Capital and our broker was the one that placed the loan. It was a working capital loan that is not secured and we pay it daily. We were able to do all of our Christmas partnership with it. I reached out to their relationship manager to get an amortization schedule and he added it to me in 10 minutes or less. It was a painless experience, it's working and it makes life easy. Life’s good and everything is A-okay.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I got a commercial loan from Currency Capital which allowed me to buy a truck. But I’m pretty upset with them as there was no communication. All they cared about was getting the loan done. I never knew what was going on unless they wanted money. A couple of weeks ago, they took $500 out of my bank account for something that I knew nothing about. Their staff said it was in my contract. I’ve kept every piece of paper they sent me and all of a sudden, I’ve got something with my name on it. I screwed up at first and they keep sending me e-mails and loan applications. There's no way to discontinue it. They did this through the whole process. I won’t recommend Currency Capital to anybody. They're sharks and they suck. My business would probably have been a lot better without the loan.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Currency Capital specializes in equipment purchases and not all other loan institutions do that. They usually try and do a wide range of loans and it makes it complicated because they’re not specifically doing equipment, whereas Currency Capital understands the procedures of what needs to be done and they do it. The whole concept and program is great. It’s quicker and easier than having to go to the bank and borrow on titles once I purchased them and do all the paperwork and accounting.

Before, I would buy things out of my pocket and then have to take them to the bank and surrender the titles to them. Then I’d be back next week getting the titles back because I had already sold the items since I buy and sell. Trying to schedule my appointment around the banker’s appointment time makes it harder and more time-consuming. But with Currency Capital, I can do it as I find time to do it. Plus, Jake, their relationship manager, is very thorough and follows up well once he gets things completed. And I really appreciate that. The whole experience was really good.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My experience with Currency Capital has been absolutely horrible nightmare. The most annoying thing is not able to talk to anyone via telephone because they will not answer their phone (your phone number is recorded and goes directly to voicemail via computer). If they do decide to call you back it's always at 6:00 PM with them wanting more information that is impossible to get that late in the afternoon. When I bought my other truck I was in and out in 2 days, it has now been over a month and a half and I am still dealing with this company. And I just found out that the title to the truck has been lost and now I can't get truck's license plates until the truck is been registered.

I don't know if the people are just incompetent or because they're ripping so many other people off that they know there have been a lot of complaints, I highly recommend not going with this company for a loan. If you are reading this please, I beg you to do your own homework. I wish I would have dug a little deeper. You'll find reviews on other websites of how horribly this company has treated their customers and I beg you to do your own homework and not only look at one review site but look at several and you'll see the thousands and thousands of complaints to this company. I will be filing a complaint with the Texas Better Business. Also with the Texas General Attorney.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My business would have closed without the business loan I received from Currency Capital based on my accounts receivable. They gave me capital and I used it to make payroll and for materials. It would have been great, but I misunderstood and it messed me up. They didn’t know if it would be $95 a day coming out, and the troubles that I had ready to come in came in. Other than that, they were easy to work with. My relationship manager was Heather and she has done well. She’s working with everything so I’m pleased with her and I appreciated Currency Capital working with me.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I'm leasing equipment and Currency Capital gave me a fresh break so that I can take in more business. Their reps were pleasant and informational. Anytime I called, they tried to answer my questions in a timely manner. They also told me exactly what was going on through the process. It has been a very pleasant experience and without the loan they gave me, my business' performance would be down by 15%.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I was looking for a way to get a trailer and I got a loan for this from Currency Capital. I was able to get my own trailer, so I don't have to pay somebody else to rent a trailer. The people I worked with at Currency Capital were friendly and helpful. Everything was professional, smooth and easy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I looked at a truck online and a link came up for using the financing of Currency Capital. I got a secured loan for the truck from them as I thought it would be easier that way since the truck was far away. The loan let me keep some money in the business, instead of putting the cash out for the truck. Although it got the job done, I would use my own bank if I had to do it again. Currency Capital rushed me along and said it would be faster and easier to get a loan from them, but it wasn't.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Norwin, our relationship manager, made things easy for me. He was awesome, super friendly, very prompt and did what we needed to do. And, our line of credit from Currency Capital helped us buy additional equipment, including vacuum cleaners.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Our company has been in business for 16 years. We got two loans from Currency Capital, and they processed the first loan and we got it in a couple of weeks. The second loan was for a commercial equipment. But it took over two months for the man we are buying the equipment from to get his money. It was a nightmare. We almost lost the piece of equipment that we were buying and the downpayment we had put down because it just took them so long to get their act together. They couldn't decide what paperwork needs to be done. Also, they just kept telling excuses. They said I need to fill out this and that, or I need to finish my taxes. I submitted my income tax three times. We have excellent credit. We just hadn't borrowed big lumps like that before.

Our agent assured us he'd have the money but it took him forever to get it. We committed to the deal and got a $100,000 from our local bank and put that down. Still, it took two months to get it after we had committed. I was almost calling daily, and sometimes even more. Soon we started talking with other people at Currency Capital too. We finally got the money but it took so long to get it all done that some of the work we had lined up just didn't come our way. It also made the person that we were purchasing the equipment from very unhappy and delayed him in getting his business together. It was a painful and terrible experience. I would never recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Currency Capital put me in touch with Vine, which is a partner of ours. They brokered it out. The rep that I dealt with did a good job. I then used the funding I received for an equipment purchase.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I entered into a loan agreement with Currency Capital approximately one year ago. The agent I dealt with is Bobby **. I expressed on several occasions that my plan was to pay this loan off at the end of 2017. I contacted them a few weeks ago to get a payoff amount and to pay the loan off and I was told that the loan was actually a lease and I would need to pay the entire lease agreement including all interest charges. When I originally set up this loan, I specifically asked on numerous occasions if I would be responsible for the principal or principal and interest? I specifically asked that when I called back to pay this loan off if I would be allowed to pay off only the principal. I was informed by Bobby that yes I can pay off only the principal at any time. Just like any other loan.

Apparently this is not true and after speaking with Bobby a couple of weeks ago he informed me that there was a mistake and that he did remember me expressing on several occasions that I would be paying the loan off early and he also remembered telling me that I would be able to pay off on the principal. After several phone calls back-and-forth I spoke with Scott who is apparently Bobby's manager and I am now told that there is no way for me to pay off only the principal.

This was completely dishonest and Bobby told me that he was excited about getting this deal done because it allowed him to meet a quota. And he would be advanced to a higher position or a bonus structure or something like that, I don't remember entirely what incentive he got for getting this deal to go through. Now that the dust has cleared it is apparent that he scammed me into an agreement that I did not want. Nowhere in the agreement does it say I will be responsible for 100% of the interest charges. Nowhere in the agreement does it say I am unable to pay the loan off early. This is horrible business practice and a complete scam. Stay far away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I've received numerous phone calls regarding a vehicle loan inquiry that was submitted a long time ago (perhaps almost a year ago). After the first or second time I spoke with them, I explained I was not interested at this time but would contact them if I should change my mind. Instead, they kept calling me. Each time I said I wasn't interested and I'd call them. Obviously that means diddly squat with these people. It's borderline harassment. Sometimes several times a week. I don't get it - the other reviews here are overall pretty good. Am I one of the few experiencing this with them or do many other customers get cold called and actually sign up? I dunno, but I'm going to start logging the calls.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was looking for an earthwork equipment on a machinery trailer and when I clicked on the button, I ended up applying to lease from Currency Capital. The guy I worked with was very friendly overall. However, they could have been clearer on the way that they handle things. There were some things that were a little confusing because it ended up being a lease instead of an outright loan and they weren't sure on that. Also, there were some confusing factors on deductions upfront out of my bank account for the initial payment. Sometimes they were also a little bit hard to get a hold of on the phone. I had some problems getting them to call me back because they were always on meetings when I really needed to talk to them and I found that really frustrating. But they worked really hard on trying to get everything approved for me. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

We got a Bobcat and a trailer through Currency Capital and because of that, we are able to do more work now. Working with their reps was okay at first, but then it went sour. Initially, we thought we were getting out a loan. I was in banking so I asked for the terms two days before we finalized it. I read through everything word-for-word. And then, on the day they had me sign the contract, they told me it was the same exact contract they had already given me to review. So, I signed it.

Within minutes, I started reading through it and it was completely different than the one they had me review. They switched it out without letting me know. And apparently, I had signed up for a lease and I didn't want that. But it was too late at that point because I had already signed it. I wanted to cancel out of everything but the guy convinced me to keep it and change some of the terms to what I was semi-acceptable with. Also right after I signed the contract, I checked out ConsumerAffairs.com because I was freaking out that I got burned by Currency Capital. I read a bunch of reviews about them and some were good, while some were bad. I was hoping that I wasn't being scammed.

I still ended up getting the Bobcat and a trailer, but we're paying double than I originally thought we were going to be paying at the end of it all. We were planning to pay off the whole loan in five months, but because they switched to a lease, I'm now required to make all my payments and even though I wanted it paid off early, it doesn't matter. It's not like a traditional loan where you don't need to worry about the interest if you paid off in full. So, that's not what I wanted, but I had no choice. Currency Capital was able to get the job done but only pulling out the half of my teeth.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

It was at a point and click thing at a bid auction where I knew about Currency Capital and I’ve had a couple of dealings with Mike, the manager. The first one was very fast. He quoted me a certain price when we bought another piece of equipment but the interest rate was way more than what they quoted. So, we ended up having to pay cash for the machine because I wasn't going to pay the interest rate that he proposed. I gave him a second chance and he followed through and the interest rate he proposed was what ended up being on the documents so that was good.

A couple of months later, I got a notice from a company called Pacific Capital which bought the lease but there wasn't any communication about these people. They called me out of the blue wanting to know where my payment was. And I told them I signed the documents and Currency Capital has an auto debit. They're supposed to be taking it out every month. It got straightened out but it was a lot of extra legwork on my behalf that I should not have done if Currency communicated correctly with whoever they sold the note to.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I'm pleased with Currency Capital. We did lease-to-own deals with them for a windrower and for two different balers. Getting the loan wasn't anything too difficult. Their rep, Conner, was a fabulous guy to work with and I’m happy with him. He was timely, punctual, easy to talk to, and very understanding. Also, I felt that even though we're half a country apart, he went to bat for us. I've told other guys about Conner and about this company. I hope to continue to do more business with Currency Capital in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I received a business loan from Currency Capital. I was able to buy the products that I needed for my shop and I was able to have a working capital so that helped. It was a bit easier with capital and everything seems to be going very smoothly so far. But it would have been a little harder if I did not have the loan so I'm very happy with. Currency Capital's rep was also very helpful, very attentive and had a lot of professionalism. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I got a three-year equipment loan from Currency Capital and my experience was efficient. All of my interactions with them were through email and phone calls but there were no problems. The loan has provided the equipment for my business.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I obtained a loan from Currency Capital for a startup business equipment lease. The reps at Currency Capital are all nice. They were responsive to me when I call them with an issue. The fact that I have a startup company without business history and just needed to get the loan with the equipment, it was surprisingly easy to get the loan. It helped supply me with the necessary equipment that I needed to perform my service.

There was one incident that I didn’t like very much though. I was told the first payment of my loan was September 1st. I received my equipment in July and they charged me an interim rent which I didn’t know anything about. The interim rent was not mentioned at all. They just deducted it from my account and I didn’t have a chance to talk to them about it or send it in. I had found out about it after the fact and it was $700 so I was a little pissed off about that. I was blindsided with that. But going forward I thought everything about it was good but I won’t be financing my next deal with them because of that. They should have been fair with me. Overall Currency Capital was accessible but you better read the fine print.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I needed a newer trailer and I got a lease from Currency Capital to purchase it. Dealing with their relationship manager was really good. He was able to explain all the products and made the contract easy to understand for me. I got it all closed and everything went well. However, I had a follow-up question, but I couldn’t get through to them because their phones were messed up. Their computer answering service would say that their voice mail is full every time I called.

It went on for about a month and finally, I got on the internet and got a hold of their headquarters’ 800 number and called every selection on the recording and I got through to the Accounting Department. The guy who picked up the call couldn't really do anything because he's from the Accounting dept, but they were made aware that there was a problem with their phone system and then they got it fixed now. However, there are probably some people I recommended it to who didn’t get the loan because of that phone system problem.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I got a small business loan from Currency Capital and I'm happy I got it. It helped me buy some equipment needed for the business and it was a good experience.

Currency Capital Company Information