Call now
  • 1 star
Based on 156 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency Capital is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

335 Currency Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Currency Capital are loan sharks. Two words: Bait and Switch. They fooled me into taking a loan with them a very high interest rate to buy a work truck on eBay because they were the only lender that could come up with the money on time (they paid late). It was extremely stressful experience working with them. My first conversation with them was just an inquiry: "Can I afford this work truck?" By the end of the conversation I had stupidly signed a lease agreement while still on the phone with them without understanding the document. I was told I needed to sign the document to see what payments would be and that if I didn't buy the truck the document would dissolve. Their reps told me so many inaccurate statements about details of the contract I lost count and now I don't trust anything currency tells me.

Financial institutions are not bound by statements their employees make! Especially when they slyly avoid telling you anything in writing. Especially when the employee is new and constantly making mistakes and botching the loan process. They told me what monthly payments would be and then after I put a down payment on the vehicle, Currency changed the numbers: $145/mo payment went to $185/month. They added sales tax that was way higher than the tax rate where the truck is being bought. They never mention their $600 processing fee till the last minute, which wasn't in the initial contract and seems to pay for sales tax AGAIN. They changed the numbers with an addendum. They insisted I had to pay New Jersey sales tax as an out-of-state buyer which is not true.

I did some research and triple-checked with them again and THEN they told me it was North Carolina sales tax. North Carolina doesn't have a sales tax. We have a 3 percent highway vehicle use tax. But their reps in California don't know those details and just says "um yea, that's just what the state charges us," (I would love to see that receipt). They roll these "taxes" into the loan amount, increasing monthly payments, and then hit you with processing fees to pay for tags and title, I.e. taxes (and some other expenses) again. They can't explain the details of tax amounts and processing fees. You just have to trust them. The titling and tag fees are much higher than what my local DMV would charge. I had already paid $2000 down payment on the vehicle before they told me what the numbers would actually be.

I felt trapped. Forced to move forward with them because the payment for vehicle was due in full very soon, and I couldn't find a loan elsewhere on short notice, and I didn't want to lose my down payment. Their interest rate on $7000 loan has me paying them back $3500 in interest. If they had just been upfront and transparent through the process I could have accurately budgeted the costs involved with this purchase (and perhaps would have decided to wait till I could actually afford it), but instead it felt like they hid the costs and then presented them to me once I didn't have a choice to back out. As a result it felt like I was being hit with lots of questionable up-front costs beyond my budget.

I will definitely be seeking a loan elsewhere to escape from this trap I've fallen into. It feels like I made a deal with the devil. I imagine their board meetings full of vampire shapeshifters laughing at how rich they are from their naive victims. I would caution anyone from working with them. I only trusted them because they are partners with eBay, but eBay has no recourse for complaints with Currency. I just hope that if enough people are having a similar experience to mine working with Currency that they will change their business practices or that eBay will stop working with them as a financing partner.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I was looking for a business loan and took a $15,000 one from Currency Capital. However, I had a discrepancy with them since they're a third party. I went to them because of the loan and they sent me somebody else. In addition, the numbers the rep gave me weren't right. The payment was supposed to be $560 a month, but he tried to turn it up to $600 a month. He said it was some kind of fee he had to charge. Moreover, he took money out of my bank account twice without permission. Right now, I have to close my bank account and open a new one to stop them from taking money out. They lied to me and have taken more money out of my account than they were supposed to take. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't do business with them. I've been stuck with that one person. If I can trade that trail back in and give it back, I'd do it right now.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We got a machinery and equipment loan from Currency Capital. It helped us grow and provided us with the equipment that we needed to expand our business. When we were applying for the loan, we provided them with the information they needed. They calculated everything and we were able to get everything that we needed with relative ease. They handled all the business end of the transaction which was convenient for us. Although the way it was done was a little different than what we’re used to and a little confusing because we had never done it before, everything went smoothly.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have a loan with Currency Capital which helped me purchase a trailer that is a big part of my business. I have learned about them through the Big Tex where I purchased my trailer from. The whole experience with the relationship manager was great. Their team members were nice, very professional, and didn't stress me. Also, the process was easy and the format of the whole setup was good. I've already referred Currency Capital to somebody.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I started working with Currency Capital three months ago and I received an eight-month term loan from them for my business. The person I spoke to, Joshua, was unbelievable. He went above and beyond. He’s the first person that reached out to me and made this whole process very easy. I was very happy with his service and the way he handled the whole situation. I got the money in my bank really fast and every day they take $105 from my bank account. I applied to a few other financing firms before and there were things that I didn’t like about them. Their process was too complicated and I just gave up.

The loan I obtained from Currency Capital gave me a jumpstart to buy some products that I couldn’t because I was a little tight on my budget. There was no room for me to spend money on products, a home care and all kinds of things that I need for my business to be proactive for my season because South Florida works on seasons. It was a good loan for me and it helped me a lot. I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

It was easy to do business with Currency Capital. It was quick and that was what I was looking for. My company doesn't have a lot of credit and Currency Capital was one of the only ones also that would give the company the credit even though the interest rate is extremely high. I got an equipment loan for a trailer. It helped me get an additional equipment in the fleet. We are a trucking company and we make our money by moving loads so I needed to put another trailer on the road. The experience with Currency Capital and the person I worked with have been good so far. The gentleman I dealt with was Cedric and he was responsive and very knowledgeable. I would recommend them if others are having issues getting credit elsewhere. The only problem is it's got the high-interest rate so you got to be careful.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I found Currency Capital on the website where I was looking at the piece of equipment I wanted to buy. One of my tractors broke down and I needed to replace it, so I took an equipment loan. I could have done it with somebody else but the outfit I was working with was a little bit slower than I needed. Currency Capital's rep answered all my questions and everything went smoothly. I've been with them for about 3 months and I'm only two payments in, but I like to keep track of what's going on and I'm going to contact them shortly because I'm not thrilled about not getting a monthly statement. Still, the service is great so far.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I received an equipment loan from Currency Capital and got a trailer. I've started working with them about 3 months ago and they helped a lot on my business. I also have good interactions with their courteous relationship manager. Everything was perfect and Currency Capital is a good company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I was shopping around for a truck and got a link to Currency Capital's website off of TruckPaper. I filled up the information and they called the next day. It was convenient, instead of going around different banks. I got to talk to a couple of people in the process and everybody was helpful and good, but because of the different branches, some of the people did not know what the procedure was for a different process, which led to confusion. For instance, the loan officer was a lady who was working on my loan. She was my main guide on what to expect and what to do, but she did not know about the registration and title transfer, so I had to talk with someone else. We got a bit of a misunderstanding about it, but it was resolved .

I recommend them for other people who are looking for a truck. I was satisfied with their process, which was mostly simple and fast. There were a couple of phone calls and a couple of paperwork done online. However, the finance rate was not clear until I signed and it came out to be almost 12%, a little bit higher than the 9% promised in the beginning. Plus, the first couple of withdrawals were from Currency Capital, but yesterday a different company came up. The amount was the same as what the monthly payment was, so I'm assuming it's Currency Capital, but the bank information was different and I need to clear that up.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I got the equipment I needed with the two loans I received from Currency Capital and without these loans, I wouldn’t be as diverse. I also had a great experience with their manager. He helped me all the way through the process and he was really good. I would come back if everything pans out and if my friends say they need an equipment or a business loan, I would mention how efficient and good the service was from Currency Capital.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I'd been looking for an 18-wheeler truck and see if I could get it financed. As soon as I clicked on Currency Capital, I filed the application and I was contacted within three or four hours. The rep was cool, calm and collected. He was easy to talk to and with everything going, he told me to stay with him, not give up and that it was going to work until we got the financing loan for my equipment. The process took two weeks because we ran into an issue where one equipment had hot mileage. So, I had to go back and find another piece of equipment with lower mileage.

The loan helped me manage my money a lot because I didn’t have to come out of my pocket too much. Although, I didn’t like that Currency didn’t tell me about the fees I had to pay that they took from my account. It caught me off-guard and I went spending it. I had to call and check the money down there. But Currency Capital is reasonable and they are going to help you get what you need so I highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I bought a piece of equipment through Aerial Titans and they said they use Currency Capital for financing. The process took about a week. It was neat that I didn't have to go through a bank and everything was done online. The rep I talked to was nice. However, I didn't like online documents and would rather have paperwork sent to me through the mail. But they finally sent me some via email and I've got it. I'd tell others to use them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I had three trucks, I was doubling my business and I went through business loans with Currency Capital. I called them and got the cash loan even if it was unplanned and I had to file immediately. They’re professional, they treat me excellently and they listen to my point of view. If I see that I can't pay on a daily basis, I call to tell them about it and they say it’s not a problem. Then at the end of the week, I pay what I have to. For me, it's better to build up what I have at the end of the week and not pay per day, like if I have my transfer of paycheck once a week. But I'm very happy to work with them and I'm looking forward to working with them again in the future. I’ve also explained about them to some people.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I had a good experience with Currency Capital. Their rep called me and said he would be able to help me out with what I needed help with. I wanted to purchase a trailer and they were quick in getting my loan through. The rep always called or emailed me quickly for anything I needed and I was very happy with everything that he did for me. With the loan, we're going to be able to bring in more income. Currency Capital is true to their word that they will give you what you need and try to help you out the best that they can.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Currency Capital helped me in a tremendous way and allowed me to stay on my feet. It wasn't a hard process and the gentleman I worked with was very helpful, courteous and kept me in the loop. He let me know what was going on, how quickly it can be done and what we needed to get it done. There are a lot of bad reviews on them, but each reviewer is their own and they have their own reasoning. I found that those tend to be more of zero financing or they were not able to pay their part of the agreement. I would recommend Currency Capital to any small business that’s trying to make it and has the clout to back up what they’re trying to do. I've already told a friend that if he was interested in progressing in his business and if he needed to finance a piece of equipment, Currency Capital is the place to go.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We didn’t have to push out more money than expected because of the material loan that we got from Currency Capital. It's been about two months since we've used Currency Capital, and they were great. They were very helpful and answered my questions. I’ll recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My brother got connected with Currency Capital and we got an equipment loan from them for another piece of equipment we needed. It became really useful and we are doing more business after we got the loan. Things will start to pick up and there will be more production with the equipment once springtime comes. Everyone at Currency Capital was really good, helpful and nice. They answered all the questions that we had and they were timely with giving the loan. If I had to do another loan and I want fast customer service, I would seek out Currency Capital first before going to anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I got a business loan with Currency Capital and I've used it to have a nice walk-in cooler installed into our convenience store. The relationship manager was really helpful, very informative, and I would recommend him to others. He made sure that communications were open in getting things done between his company and the rest, and also took care of meeting my needs quickly. The loan process took about two weeks. I appreciate the business done with them and hopefully we can work together again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My experience with Currency Capital was great and I was able to upgrade my equipment. I received a business loan from them for the company Trusty Trucking Enterprise in August. The relationship manager and I went through a couple of companies and we talked every day until we got it together. Our interaction seems more personal and it was good working with him. Also, I need to talk to him with some more. The only thing I'm curious of is not having an account number or a way of keeping account of the loan when I want to try to pay the loan off a little early or make more payments. Other than that, I was greatly satisfied with my first experience with them and I highly recommend them to friends who need a loan for their business.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

The broker that Currency Capital hired gave me the wrong information. He told me that there wouldn't be a pre-paid penalty, that I could pay off the loan anytime and if I did, I only have to pay interest on the time that I used the fund. They also they told me I was getting a line of credit but it ended up not being one at all. It was a $70,000 base loan that they're going to charge me $26,000 for and they'll debit the account every day for $300 and some. So there's no prepayment penalty but I still got to pay the entire interest amount no matter if I paid off in a year or one month. I told them I only needed the money for one month but they did it anyway which was really bad!

I asked the broker several times about these things so it wasn't just a misunderstanding I was outright lied to. They sent me a 20 some page contract which they asked me to sign and send over to them. After I did that, I got a follow-up phone call telling me that if I paid the loan back on this date I would get a 2% discount. So I was outright lied to by the broker but Currency Capital told me that they have no control over what their broker said. They should be closed because so many looked into these and they're robbing people. They should be honest.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital and I was able to update my equipment and be more efficient. I dealt with Dominic and he was great, very helpful, and easy to get a hold of. And even to this day, I can get a hold of him if I need something. He takes care of me. Overall, the process was very quick and easy and it took about a week and a half to be completed. It’s a very good experience and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I got an equipment leasing type of loan Currency Capital and it helped me expand my business a bit and helped me grow. My interactions with the rep were okay at some times and then it wasn’t. It was okay but it could’ve been better. The communication breaks down pretty much, and from my experience, it broke down after I was told that my loan was approved a month ago. I wasn’t able to finish getting the truck together until a couple days ago because it was an old title for the truck. It wasn’t their fault, but the communication with the bank on their behalf trying to get the title was sort of a breakdown.

It was a pleasant experience but a rough ride as well. You go out and find a vehicle that you want and then you go back and then they will do the process to see if you could get approved for the amount that the vehicles costs. They may tell you, "We can get you a little less or if you can find another truck a little less, it’ll work better." Currency Capital gave me a loan to get my business vehicle but they impacted my life in kind of a negative way right now because I’m paying for a truck that I haven’t even gotten on the road yet. So that held me for three weeks before I was able to get tagged on it and they did yesterday. I paid them one truck payment and haven’t even made a dollar with the truck yet.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I got a commercial loan from Currency Capital and it helped us buy equipment and make our business more successful. The people that I dealt with were very easy to work with. The first guy that I talked to was Daniel and he was very, very nice to us and very professional, and I felt like I was working with somebody on my team. I had an awesome experience with Currency Capital and I would definitely recommend this company to my friends. Everything went perfectly and it was amazing.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I got a trailer equipment loan from Currency Capital which was a big deal. It helped me get my first trailer and go on my own business. I want it grown quick and it would've been slower without the loan. Alex was also very good and it went really smooth. I’m glad I did business with Currency Capital and I will call Alex again first when I need something else. I’d even give Alex’s number to others interested.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed a rollback truck and Currency Capital could finance it. It was not a good experience. I paid $4000 plus down and they told me I'd be set in a couple of days. However, I didn't get a title and when they finally sent it six weeks later, it was the wrong one. They screwed the title up and I had to go to the title department. They had to print another title and send it to me. I couldn't use the truck for a month. I'm paying $1,800 a month for it but can't make any money with it. The lady from their title place told me that they'll make the title so that I don't have to pay until the following month. Then Currency Capital called me today and told me that they didn't get my payment today. I told them that the lady told me I'm supposed to pay next month since I didn't get the title until three days ago. Now they're investigating and told me my truck might be taken back. They need to get their words all straight.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The equipment leasing loan I got from Currency Capital helped me out to get started. I worked with Tyler on the loan and he was good. It was a learning experience for me and a breath of fresh air. I would recommend and use them again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The salesperson was okay. He was friendly and was really on top of things with me. However, I'm not satisfied with the loan. It doesn't help at all. I'm also not satisfied with Currency. They are not organized. When I write it up, I need to know my loan and my information. Nobody is telling me anything. I also wanted to know a pay-off amount and they said I owe $98,000 when the machine I bought is only $50,000. They didn’t give me anything. I still don't have my information until today. What they charged me for interest and all that, I don’t know either. I called them many times too and they said they were working on it and I didn’t want to argue with them. They said that’s what they saw on their computer.

And another part is I used to make the payment on Currency, but they withdraw it from another name. I cancelled the check because I didn’t know who that is so they claimed I knew of it because I was late. They changed their name without any letter or anything notifying me that they did. They claimed that they work together according to my papers I signed for Currency. And calling them doesn’t solve the problem. I go back and forth, and I have a day job to work, too.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I had a great experience with Currency Capital. Their rep was a good guy. He answered every question that I had. The loan I got from them helped me get a bulldozer so that I could do waterways on my farm. Without the the loan, it would’ve cost me more money because I would have had to hire somebody to do it. I would use Currency Capital again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Horrible, bought a truck on 10-10-17 for my business. 3 weeks and a few day later I have still not received the information needed to register my truck. This is our livelihood and not to mention we have a driver who has not worked for this amount of time. It has cost me approx. $5000.00 a week in lost revenue. If I don't get this resolved quickly my business is going to go under. We have sent emails with no response and now they won't even pick up the phone. They were quick to take the down payment out of my account but now no response to getting my truck up and running. If I don't get this resolved today I will go broke. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I got hard money loan from Currency Capital and it has allowed me to step on out and get what I needed to be very productive. Without it, we would still be pulling the ship and I thank God for the opportunity to live another day.

Currency Capital Company Information

12100 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles
877-252-3093
www.currencycap.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use