Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I got a business loan from Currency Capital. They helped with the capital issue. Without this loan, in the short term, it would be more difficult because of capital issues. It would affect operations. On the other hand, it may have minor effect long term. I spoke with the relationship manager via phone and through email, then sent text messages to one another. The response times were quite good. It was good to know that there was a lender out there who could work with my current financial situation. Overall, it was a good experience. It moved quickly and I would recommend them to someone else if needed.

I was impressed to see how fast they called me back but quickly disappointed to talk with aggressive and very rude salesman. They could not provide me no information at all unless I give them my Social Security # to proceed. And when I told them, "Let me check on them first, before we go forward," the nasty salesman ask me without any shame and pudor "Do you have a problem with your credit or do you think we are going to give you $13000 just like that?" with a very rude tone and for no reason. So, I just hang up and call right back them to talk to a manager about the experience. It was even worse! So my personal suggestion to YOU is to stay away from these rude and vulgar salesmen...

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital. Their rep, Jeff, has been friendly and easy to get a hold of. However, I didn't get the information out like I wanted from the lease part that we dealt with. I don't think he was clear on that. He said that was a lease deal, but at the same time, I can ship it back but I would have to pay for it. So, I was stunned about that. I thought the lease was something I'd paid for. And once I've finished, if it's still all right, I can send it back. That's why we're doing this as a lease deal, to have what they would say collateral just in case something goes wrong. And even though I couldn't afford the thing, it doesn't go back. It comes against me. Other than that, everything else was a decent experience. And because of the loan I got from Currency Capital, I am able do more jobs with the machine than I can with just hand digging so, it was just producing better.

I worked with Jake at Currency Capital and he helped out a lot. He was very communicative throughout everything. We were able to get some extra start up funding for some equipment. Without the loan, it would’ve been a little bit difficult to get that extra cash that we needed. Everything worked out and it was a great experience with Currency Capital.

We got a working capital loan from Currency Capital and it got us through the whole month of February, which was really what we needed. Arizona didn't have any winter and we're a HVAC contractor. And when March 1st hit, everything was back to normal, so it was the perfect pad to get us through that slow time. Without the loan, our personal credit would take a huge hit because everything for the business is personally financed right now. The business has only been in operation for three years and we wanted to go five years with no credit. Even all of our service vehicles are personally financed. All payments would have been late if we wouldn't have gotten a loan. The rep was awesome. She answered all my questions and was very responsive. The process was done really quickly and Currency Capital was just so easy to work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

The cash flow from the cash advance that Currency Capital gave me helped me get new equipment and other stuff that I needed for my business. It would be a struggle without it. However, I'm a little displeased with the interest rates especially with the fact that I dealt with them before and it should've gone down for me a little bit on the second time. But the relationship manager, Jake, was right on top of everything and I really like dealing with him. So although they have to work on that interest rate, I would still recommend them to a friend.

I had looked Currency Capital up and they were always available, accessible and easy to reach out to that's why I stayed with them and tried to get funded. I got a truck financing type of loan. They expanded my company to meet some contracts that I have pending and now we're able to go ahead and facilitate those. I make monthly payment and they were okay. Also, my relationship manager has been pretty knowledgeable. He calls me back, we communicate and he emails me promptly so he's really good. We have no problem with communication. It's been a really good experience.

Currency Capital gave me the money and was very nice. They were good people, very efficient and did their job. They said they could do something with all my credit stunk. Though they didn't get me what I really wanted, they did help me stay in business by paying my insurance because it is very high here in New York where I live. All my business insurance, liability comp and what all is around $8000 a month. Also, I paid $31,000 in the last four months in insurance which is a lot of money. I'm a roofer and I do a lot of missionary work and exterior work. When the winters come and my business takes a hoot, I need to borrow money to stay in business.

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital to purchase a backhoe. They were helpful and all of my questions were answered. I was talking with a guy first then they switched to another guy. However, the new guy didn't talk that much. Other than that, my loan's interest rate was fair. Now, I don't need to spend a lot of money on rentals.

It's been a good experience with Currency Capital. I received an equipment loan from them and it helped us out a lot. We'd be in a problem without it. We needed it and we need a little more still. Hopefully, it's given us another piece of equipment on the road to help productivity. Also, Matt, the one who handles us was genuine and straightforward with me. He has been awesome and a good guy to work with. I highly recommend him to anyone.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Deborah –

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: The customer initially signed a proposal to receive financing with a personal guaranty. This mutually agreed upon proposal was set for funding at the beginning/middle of February. Unfortunately the PG then decided that it needed to be a “corp only” lease with no personal guaranty. Currency’s Account Executive went back to the drawing board for California Organic Fertilizers, Inc. and got an approval from credit on a “corp only” lease.

Currency worked to put together an additional financing proposal, however, the client wanted language in the contract changed on multiple occasions. Although this is nothing we’ve ever done before, we facilitated her requests and revised our contracts to meet her needs. The delays did not stop there unfortunately, and various objections continued to arise, ranging from not wanting to pay sales tax, to not accepting our pre-funding conditions. Of course we continued to facilitate the needs of California Organic Fertilizers, Inc. and after extensive delays we still managed to successfully fund the business for $25,000 in equipment. We offered a refund to the client on multiple occasions but they wanted to continue with funding despite the ongoing complaints.

Currency tried our best to meet this clients’ needs and expectations. Once again, we apologize for your experience with Currency. This particular case is not indicative of how Currency conducts business. If you have any further questions or comments, please reach out to our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com.

Original review: March 9, 2017

My initial contact with Currency Capital was on February 2, 2017. I sent an email with the terms I wanted in the lease (no personal guarantee and a reasonable interest rate). On February 6th, the sales rep emailed an application which I filled out and returned the same day. On February 7th, he emailed over a proposal which stated, "This proposal expires on 02/07/2017 at 3:00 pm". Currency Capital treats this document as an actual contract and if you make the mistake of accepting this "proposal", before a legal contract is signed, Currency Capital deducts money from your bank account.

When you do not agree with the terms and conditions in the contract, Currency Capital's sales representatives (or at least the one I dealt with) tells you that they have already done extensive work on your lease and that it is non-refundable. Today is March 8th and my vendor has still not been paid (going on two weeks since the final contract was signed). And all this over a $25,000.00 deal... I could go on and on about the miserable experience I had, but my main goal is to forewarn others about this company's practices.

The working capital loan I got from Currency Capital allowed me to hire more employees, keep the ones I got going and opened up other doors because I was able to do more work. They were really good to work with, explained everything and walked me through step by step. And my relationship manager was awesome. He made sure I was taken care of and followed up. It was a great experience overall and I have recommended them.

I got a business loan to increase my inventory which helped a lot with our business performance. It was a very quick process once they got all my paperwork. They even offered a lot more than what I was asking for. They were very professional, fast in the payment sending and their customer service is very good. They always contacted me afterward to make sure everything went fine with the loan. They told me to contact them if I ever needed anything else from them. They always send me emails to keep them in mind for future loans. I would definitely recommend them.

I got a loan from Currency Capital to buy a Hopper Bottom trailer which I needed to make more money with. I contacted them and they called me right back. They were awesome. They bend over backward to help me and stay in constant contact with me. They were also there to answer any questions I had. If I hadn't gotten the loan, I would still be in my old job making a lot less money. It was a very pleasant experience and I enjoyed it. I would use them again.

We got a commercial loan from Currency Capital and purchased a Rollback. We already have two Rollbacks and this third one will help us financially. It’s gonna add more to the business, and we’ll be able to pick up more vendors. So the loan helped tremendously. Rebecca, our relationship manager, was awesome. She worked really fast and I was completely satisfied with the overall outcome. I also worked with David towards the end. And both of them were very professional.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

I called a person I knew with Kennett Capital and they weren't doing any funding at that time, so they turned me to Currency Capital. The loan has helped me get through a couple months of bad winter here, but I'm not real happy with the 18 percent I'm paying on the credit card since it's not affordable. I also haven't received any statements or correspondence from them and I would like to because I got some confusion on how the money is being paid and how it's been delivered into my account.

I got an equipment loan and a cash loan from Currency Capital and I was able to get the equipment that I needed at the time that I needed to get it and to open a new store and do all the stuff I had to do. However, nobody mentioned that Currency Capital has an internal rent fee. It was in the document but it was never verbally stated that there's a rent I had to pay basically for having a loan out without receiving equipment yet.

I had my equipment built for my building and it didn't get delivered within the first four days of receiving the loan because the company who was making the equipment didn't actually finish fabricating it. It was a little bit upsetting because on the first half a month in before I ever got my equipment, a couple thousand dollars that is half the amount of a month of the loan was removed from my bank account and it didn't even go towards the price of the loan. It went towards them for giving me a loan and me, not receiving equipment. That wasn't normal to me and I felt that was a little bit unfair because how can I be in control of the company fabricating the equipment? So, that's something people must know as a downside, to be prepared to pay fees that they're not expecting. In the end, I still ended up paying more than I wanted to for my clean room, but I got the room I needed. So, I wouldn't take it back but I wish I had known upfront.

Currency Capital put the money in my account and they withdraw payment every day. This loan helped to grow my business because it allowed me to buy more merchandize and expand a little bit more. But, the interest was high. The relationship managers were very good and very nice. They took care of me well and they explained everything clearly.

I've worked with Currency to obtain two different loans for my retail store. My experience with them has been great. My account manager, Veronica, was excellent. She was very diligent and resourceful in getting me the best rate possible on both loans. Both of my loans closed VERY quickly, in a matter of days. I will be working with them in the future, and I highly recommend them to other small business owners looking for financing.

I was able to invest more money in inventory with the short term capital loan that I got from Currency Capital. But it would be better if they have cheaper interest rates and less frequency on the payments. I currently do my payment daily and it would be nicer if it was bi-weekly.

I have two leases with Currency Capital. The first one, I thought that I could pay it off sooner and I was going to pay it all off, but they told me that it wasn't paid because basically I would have to pay the whole thing no matter what. They won't come off with the interest and they were going to do the same thing with my last lease but I didn't want it so they were able to do a different kind of lease where they could just lease the principal and not the interest. Hopefully with that idea I'm going to pay it off sooner.

I have equipment financing loan from Currency Capital and I have two trackers financed there. The equipment I bought spent the first month in the shop and I tried to explain that to the lady but she didn't want to listen to that. She called the dealer and they told her that they gave me a loaner. I got a loaner on the fourth time they had it in the shop. Then, I talked to the lady and we had it worked out that as long as I get the payment in by the end of the month, they are good. Now, they got to have it by the 21st. They're not working with me at all. They could've given me a break but that's okay. I'm about 3/4 done with a good-sized job, I'm gonna make them about three payments and I won't have to hear from them until I find somebody else. I'll get rid of them and I’m not happy at all.

I had several other places that would have given me a loan, but I would have gone somewhere else if the rep from Currency Capital didn't take the initiative in getting involved in what I was doing. She was awesome. The first night she called, we spent three hours trying to figure out what I needed the loan for and how it works. She knows more about it than most people in the world.

From the time that the money from my loan with Currency Capital was forwarded to me, I immediately had a payment due for the repayment back. So it didn't really allow me to use my capital in a more traditional way. But it's allowed for some smaller capital purchases which has been good. Also, I experienced a lot of back and forth with the relationship manager I worked with. Most of the information I was given would have been better to know the first time around so that I didn't have to do some steps a couple of times. And I didn't realize I had been approved for a much more significant loan until I proceeded with the current one. But for all time and purposes it's worked out and it's been rather seamless.

The weekly loan that I got from Currency Capital helped me get through rough times, and for some repairs and on-demands. My relationship manager and I have always gotten along fine. He always treated me with the utmost respect and gives me the best rates. Any future business, I'll just give it all to Jonathan of Currency Capital. If I had to deal with anybody, it would be him.

Everybody in Currency Capital has been positive and helpful. I got a small business loan leasing from them and the loan is very good to use to ensure capital on our business.

I borrowed some equipment from Currency Capital, and so far so good. I’m still using it right now, though it’s got a learning curve.

I was ordering equipment for my restaurant and that's how I first got in contact with Currency Capital. The second time was for the operational loan. The loan is giving me enough capital to keep things growing better with employees and paying those few vendors off my back. Also, the person I talked to told me that it's better to build a relationship and then things will get better from there. It has been good with Currency Capital and I am fairly pleased.

I wanted to get some loan and Matt of Currency Capital helped me with the paperwork that I needed to provide and I've been able to go through everything. They explained all the things over the phone and through the email. I got a small business loan from them that I could use to buy materials. I'm glad I did it. My experience with them was okay and I would recommend them to friends.

A guy named Anthony called me and said he hadn't heard back about an equipment loan that I had applied for. He said to me "Do you know you have been approved? I was wondering why you didn't respond back?" I said to Anthony, " I didn't know I was approved." He said all I need to do is get my invoiced together and email them over to him. He called the vendor and talked to them several times and the vendor sent him the equipment invoice. I was really pleased at first and excited to get the loan and even offered to send my bank statements to show proof of income. He said I didn't need to get them because they would use the equipment as collateral. I asked him 4 times on a recorded line if he was for sure in stone I was approved and Anthony said yes. So I went out of town for a couple of hours and then came home with no answer. I waited 2 weeks because Anthony said he was waiting on the underwriters to type everything up.

The phone number I called kept going to voicemail with message box full. I called main office number in Los Angeles and they put me on hold each time and said they sent him emails to call me back. A week later which is today someone named Matt pulled up my account and told me they couldn't finance my equipment due to not having any credit. I thought to myself, the guy told me I didn't need credit. He said the equipment was collateral. Then I have everybody waiting for money that he said was approved and can't even call me to say I didn't get the loan? What kind of business is this? They sent me over a contract through DocuSign. He said my equipment had been approved. Why would a finance go through the vendor to get invoices without the customer getting approved?

I read these reviews and even if I didn't have the credit like some of these others it still doesn't make it right to do all that work and lie to a customer, send a contract to make a person think they have the loan and then not have the nerve to answer the phone. If this company is such a great place to work for why would someone that works there do that to a small business that's depending on the word Yes?

Currency Capital Company Profile