Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I got a business loan from Currency Capital. They helped with the capital issue. Without this loan, in the short term, it would be more difficult because of capital issues. It would affect operations. On the other hand, it may have minor effect long term. I spoke with the relationship manager via phone and through email, then sent text messages to one another. The response times were quite good. It was good to know that there was a lender out there who could work with my current financial situation. Overall, it was a good experience. It moved quickly and I would recommend them to someone else if needed.

Some old equipment broke down and it was time to replace. Needed a small quick loan and fast for operating business operations. Was able to fulfill my request fast without missing a beat. Highly recommended.

I got an equipment leasing loan from Currency Capital and the process started about a month ago. But it’s been a few things after another that needed to get handled and came down to the finalization of it all. We went through this whole process thinking that it would probably take two weeks. I made it very clear that we needed the truck immediately and that we were dealing it. From that point, I thought it was going to work a month later. But when I got the truck about two weeks ago, I noticed that there was no tagging on it. When we got into the DMV, they looked into those titles and they didn’t have one for us. I called and I’ve been on the phone for probably about a week straight talking to different people trying to get it situated. The truck was sitting out in front of our Town Homes as we were losing money and we couldn’t move the truck. We had contracts lined up and that’s the whole reason why we went and got the truck.

Then, a month and a half later, our contracts were gone. We were supposed to pay them $1090 and when they asked us about it, I was pretty much being honest with them that we haven’t made any money. I was informing them that we’re going to pay this money but we haven’t gotten anything for our situation and we’re not able to work yet. But we went ahead and paid the money. We had to borrow money for that because we tapped out on the whole situation. All of these was contingent on this time that we can’t let go of. We have two or three contracts lined up including through Home Court, Dash By and a company called Safa. I didn’t want to hold these companies up or be unprofessional with them so I told them we’ll give them a call back whenever we get things situated. But at that point, I didn’t know when things were going to be situated.

I called Currency Capital and they referred me to a young lady named Shanna that worked at Pacific Leasing. I called her phone and left her various messages but I didn’t get to speak to her until about a week and a half later. I went to full investigation mode and have spoken to the manager of the titling department at Pacific Leasing. That’s when they told us that the title had been sitting at Circuit Leasing for about a week and that they needed to send it back out and send it to her. Then, they sent it back out there and they had it for a while. Also, we had given over about $2000 for this situation - insurance for the truck was $600 and $1090 to Pacific Leasing or Currency Capital.

I got very vague answers from Pacific Leasing. They're not really informative but when it came to getting the money, they were very spot on. They showed me the lease and that I can put the money and how I can do it, but I can’t get a callback. I would have to call them back and speak to different people. They've given us a hard time. They said to write a letter to them and explain to them what’s going on. I’ve spoken to them different times throughout the process letting them know exactly what was going on and I think it was more settled up. I don’t know if that’s on Currency Capital's end or Pacific Leasing' or how it goes but I’ve got to know. We have to make another payment to them, coming up soon and we haven’t been able to do any work.

I don’t even understand what happened with the title. I had an officer come to my house about the truck being without a tag. I explained to him exactly what happened and he was looking at me like it doesn’t make any sense. It didn’t really make too much sense to me either. He said he doesn’t see why they can do this and that he'll see what he can. The whole process has been a little hard but we did everything we're supposed to do in a timely fashion. I even made phone calls over to Arizona to expedite the title. I pretty much had to stay on it just to make it happen. But we have our truck and everything is situated now. Also, the guys that I've worked with, Royce and Agustin, have been good. They were very friendly and they definitely went out of their way to make everything happen. They helped me out a lot and I don’t have any complaints about them at all.

The only reason why I probably wouldn’t recommend is because of the individuals that Currency Capital is working with. Pacific Leasing is the only other company that they work with that I would know about but that process was hell. I’ve gotten loans before and I never really had gone through anything like this. They were supposed to take care of the registration but we ended up having to pay for it, which cost us almost $500. We got screwed. Then, our payday was coming up in a few days and I know that they’re going to be expecting that money. But they didn’t really show any empathy or compensation for it.

Needed a fast, small business loan for a startup venture. Bank was unwilling to fulfill my request in the short time needed. Went to Currency Capital and they were very fast, friendly, and informative. Helped explain everything before I decided to take out the loan.

We got a small business loan for $20,000 from Currency Capital. The Capital relationship manager was a really good guy, very helpful, and very on time when we were working out the whole deal. They do immediate ACH transfers, which really helps when building and needing money, so they were able to do a one-day turnover. We deal with the city of San Antonio and we're the official lender for them. They got backtracked with other payments in December so we didn’t have much revenue coming in and generating.

Without the loan, we would have also backtracked in our projects. We wouldn’t be able to order concrete, buy the materials that we need, and then possibly we would have had to pass some of our work because the workers couldn’t work if we wouldn’t be able to pay. The loan helped us a lot to complete our job and got us back on track. Everything was really great except for the payment term. They could have changed the terms so we could do a monthly payment or twice a month other than me doing the withdrawal every single day. Then we ended paying around $30,000. Nonetheless, I've been satisfied and they were able to give me the help I needed.

I got a business loan from Currency Capital that helped me a lot but they don't tell you the fine prints. The loan officer was always in a hurry trying to get you to sign the docs without going through them. (1st time around) I did a short term loan for 6 months and the renewal is coming up in 30 days, So I called them to check if I could take out another loan. I qualified, signed and was ready to go. During the verification process I found out many things that I was not told before signing. (I was trying ask questions before the closing but as always THEY MAKE IT SOUND AS IF THEY ARE TOO BUSY OR IN A HURRY FOR QUESTIONS.)

I cancelled my loan with them immediately and will NOT be using them again. Read the contract before you sign, ask question and don't let them hurry you! I did the mistake of not reading it all (cause they were hurrying me) and almost got myself into a bad situation. Thank God for the verification process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

I thought Currency Capital was just a loan and I didn’t realize it was a rental thing. It wasn't explained very well and that's my issue with it. I bought a truck from a person through pictures and it wasn't what it was when I picked it up. There was no way to get my money back because Currency Capital had already taken the first and last month's payment and the guy already had his money. So basically, it was my truck already and the title had been transferred before I even said that I'll definitely take the truck.

Then in less than the first month, they were already taking money out of my account and said it was a pro-rated rent. It's also a really a bad deal when one would go through and read the fine print. When I got the last bit of paperwork after they kept taking the money, they added a $400 fee towards the end and I was like, "Why do you keep taking money for?" I'm really dissatisfied with them and I don't like the setup. I would like to get out of it as soon as possible and I'd never do it again.

I borrowed money from Currency Capital, formerly IMCA, for 300 Komatsu and they seemed to be doing good. They gave me a loan and they draw the payments out from my bank account. They have high interest rate but it’s okay. The guy whom I’ve dealt with was great. I bought a piece of equipment on IronPlanet. I called him and he financed it and handled everything. It went really smooth. I’ve got about 10 or 20 loans and that was one of the better loans that went through.

Currency Capital was great and very helpful in the beginning. But once we signed on the dotted line, their customer service went down the tube. They told us that they send an inspector to look at all vehicles before they’re purchased because they want to protect their investment as well as ours which was awesome. So we thought we didn’t need to send in an inspector and he thought that was good because that means the inspector is going to be overly nitpicky. My husband’s like, “I’m just gonna let their inspector do it because there is no inspection I or anybody else can do better than the bank." And then they turned around and said, “Oh, our inspector just was going to verify the title.” They tried to back paddle on that.

They sent an inspector and verified everything on the tow truck we are getting was in working order, just as the owner explained. It had brand new tires and a wheel-lift which is expensive. Their inspector was going to go out and verify and exchange the title. We got the vehicle and the wheel-lift is a 1990 and it doesn’t work, all the lights did not work which cost us $80 to replace, it has an electrical problem and the belts were bad. The wheel-lift is about a $1,200 issue. What’s wrong with the hydraulic pump is a $1,600 issue. They overlooked about $3,200 worth of things that don’t work. That’s a big oversight for all of these things that they said they inspected.

We’ve made two, going on three payments and the truck is not even road worthy. They keep trying to take money out of our banking account unauthorized, telling us that we owe them rental payments. Our financing bank, Pacific Lending, told us that Currency should not be withdrawing from our bank account and they have been paid in full. But Currency is trying and we blocked them. They’re shady. We’re regretting this deal and not sure what we’re going to do now because they’ve left us holding the ball. They don’t care because they already have their money. I understand things happen but the support for us isn’t there. Currency did nothing but cause us headaches and problems. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital which helped me grow my business. The loan process took longer than I expected, but I’m just glad it was over with. Their reps were fine and it was a great experience.

I got an equipment leasing loan from Currency Capital. The loan helped me purchase more equipment for my business to help generate more income. The relationship manager reached out to me, gave me a call and we discussed some of the things and articles of stuff I needed to get it done. It was a great experience.

I got an equivalent loan through pawning with Currency Capital and it's helping me start up my karaoke business. I contacted the relationship manager mostly through email. It took a long time to be able to assist me, but they eventually helped me out. I'm making payment once a month for three years. The interest rate is high, but my credit is low, so it balances out. They should have a little more timeliness and more disclosure though. They had a fee that I don’t know about and they didn’t tell me those in the paperwork. If they were a little more upfront, that would help. But overall, it was a good experience.

We deliver mail for the post office and I got a loan to purchase a truck from Currency Capital. They took really long in processing the loan. I talked to the loan officer, Alicia, quite a bit, but she didn't explain much to me. Originally, I was buying two trucks and Currency Capital initially gave me a contract for two trucks. Then, because the invoice number was for a different truck, they had to change the contract and they took off one truck and only did one truck. But they had already taken the down payment for the two trucks, which was more than $6,000, out of my account. I ended up only buying one truck, but they still haven't given me my money back, so they owe me money. and I'd like to get my money back

I've also seen another charge coming out of my account for $798. They just took it out and I need to know what it's for. They shouldn't just take money out of my account without telling me or letting me know what it's for. My monthly payment for the loan is $1500 and this comes out automatically from my account. That $798 charge could have been a part of my monthly payment, maybe for part of a month, but they should at least send me something saying that at this date they'll be deducting a certain amount from my account and tell me what it's for. Overall, Currency Capital wasn't extremely great but neither were they really poor, just in the middle.

I got an equipment leasing loan from Currency Capital. It's very good and makes my business grow, make more money, and move forward. I called to ask how I'm going to make my payments — if they're going to send out a payment book to me or if I'd get a link to my account so my payments can be drawn out. That’s the only thing I have not been aware of. The representative, Katie, was good. She took care of the problem and made everything happen for me quickly, so I was happy with everything.

I got a business loan to buy a piece of equipment through Currency Capital. And while I enjoyed working with the manager that I dealt with, some of the other people in financing were a bunch of ** and their attitudes were **. Also, I didn't know that the service was leasing and I thought it was a loan. I didn't fully understand it until I was already deep into it.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Ed –

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. It is our company policy not to disclose the location of our offices in order to ensure employee safety. This is a particular measure we are very sensitive to due to the increase in workplace violence. As well, there may have been some confusion as you spoke to a representative from each of our four offices (Los Angeles, Orange County, Scottsdale & San Francisco).

Once again, we apologize for your experience with Currency. If you have any further questions or comments, please reach out to our Vice President of Sales at 310-571-9600 or our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com who are happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Original review: April 14, 2017

After dealing with enough of their sketchy agents over the phone, and after trying to communicate to management, or any other department, it became very clear that the company is not to be trusted. When I asked them for their business address they started giving me the inquisition. "Well, I can help you with that but first I need to know who are you and what is your address? We don't give our address out to people we don't know." When pressed, they hung up on me. I then repeated this simple request 6 more times and got the same results with Jake, John, Stephanie, Phil, Royce, Dennis, and their manager, Alex. Each time the conversation got more heated and they got more resistant to giving out their business information... Ultimately they put me on endless hold or simply hung up on me.

For fun I immediately called Chase and without even introducing myself I asked for their address. It was given to me without hesitation. I did the same with for a random "business loan" company I found online. They were happy to give me their contact and business information, too. Why is Currency Capitol so secretive and evasive about their public company information? Why are they hiding? I should also note that this company also has a reputation for not following the National Do Not Call list. Which, again, makes them especially untrustworthy. If they refuse to follow the laws in telemarketing then how can you trust a loan they get for you?

When you get them on the phone everything seems fine until you take them "off script". As soon as they can no longer follow their per-defined phone sales scripts because you are asking questions they don't expect to answer that's when you start to see their deceptive ways. Why would any company that wants customers hide their company details? "Just Google it," Alex, the manager, told me... I did also note, the company's website also excludes their company information. HUGE RED FLAGS!

There are so many reputable loan companies out there, why risk damaging your future, finances, and business with a company like this? Do some research and get a honest loan from and honest company. Very sketchy company, very untrustworthy agents...You won't really know where your loan is coming from with a company like this. Don't do business with anyone you can't 100% trust. Especially if it is about your financial future.

Currency Capital's lending process was great and they were hands on. I’ve had some questions and called them. They’ve been happy to comply and gave me what I needed. They communicate well with the bank that you lend from. I had an issue with getting the tag for my delivery truck and they called the specific place for me, so I didn’t even have to do it and we got everything set up. They got me the equipment I needed to make my deliveries and make more money - it's that easy. On the other hand, they stay pretty busy and they don’t always call me back so I simply have to call them a lot. But overall, it's been a pretty good experience with them.

We needed another truck to expand our business and we have a lot of customers that asked for non-runners because, at present, I was just moving moveable cars. So, I was in the market of getting a tow truck and I contacted NeedALender and Currency Capital contacted me so I applied for an equipment loan from them. Currently, I'm not using the tow truck. They told me they would handle the inspection and make sure that the truck is worth funding. So, I left it in their hands to make sure that the truck was good and running. However, that didn’t happen. I had to drive to Colorado, where it was at, to pick up the vehicle. And when I got there, the truck was all bad. I contacted Currency Capital to let them know that I wasn’t happy with the truck.

First, the guy said he’d take care of it, fix everything that’s wrong and to send him the invoice from the repair shop. I did that, but I didn’t get a response. I left him messages but he never called me back. A guy called and told me there was nothing they can do about it. The only thing they can do is give me more working capital and that’s not what I need. I needed to have a truck that's running good, to put it to work and not a truck that was broken down and not drivable at all, and with some mirrors missing. For commercial driving, I have to be safe on the road. Therefore, these mirrors need to be in place.

So, whoever inspected it through Currency Capital did not do a good job at all. They gave me reports saying good, but it was all bad. The truck is still in Colorado and I haven’t used it. I had to tell some of my customers that it’d be a bit later before I can actually move the non-runners and here I am, I’m still with the trucks that I previously had. I was polite when I told them what was going on. I sent several pictures of the truck, about 19 pictures of the motor, the check engine light, the missing mirror, the dented bumper and the damaged driver’s side. It’s like the whole tow truck bed is rusted. I felt I was scammed.

I had a very good experience with Currency Capital and the loan enabled me to purchase the vehicle I needed. Plus, the reps that I talked to were knowledgeable and easy to get a hold of.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Jose –

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. A Currency representative has tried to contact the customer on multiple occasions in order to figure out the root of the issue and find a resolution. Currency has still been unable to reach the customer in order to help find a solution.

At your earliest convenience, please reach out to us at the contact number below in order to find a resolution. If you have any further questions or comments, please reach out to our Vice President of Sales at 310-571-9600 or our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com who are happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Original review: April 11, 2017

When I started out thinking I could get a loan for Truck Planet it all sounded too perfect. They told me they would send me a application in the next day. They approve my loan. It was for auction but the strange they sent me a contract agreement. They do not even know if I win the item but they want I sign electronic agreement with no item description. But my nightmare start when I won the item. They change everything. They sent new contract agreement with not interest rate and not how many months. They said my item was a rent for 36 month, after 36 months just pay 1 dollar and the item will mine. Look good right!!! But in my contract they sent me my contract with not interest rate neither how many months.

That is when I realize it's a not good company. I have to paid my item with cash, after see fraudulent make my agreement. But they have my bank. They take out from my bank $1063.00 for "don't take his loan" they said. If you make any application and don't take any loan is not fair you charge with over $1000.00 for fee. They are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. They will lie, lie, lie until you do what they say. So please anyone that ever wants to do business with them please stay away because they will only make your life a living nightmare.

When I decided to get an equipment loan from Currency Capital, my relationship manager has been easy to contact and was very helpful. Before, I would have to ask for help with my business and people would never want to help or lend their stuff. That would slow me down or I would have to pay extra. But now, I have a truck and I can bring my merchandise to people. The loan has helped out a lot.

My experience with Currency Capital has been great. I’ve been in business for 20 years and I’ve always managed. I really didn’t need the money, but it has obviously made things a little bit easier having it available if needed. We do quite a few construction projects and a lot of times we’re out of funds on labor and materials while we wait to get paid. So the loan with Currency Capital has allowed me to fill that gap when needed until I collect on my end. Whereas in the past, I would either just get a cash loan somewhere at a high-interest rate and it was costing me quite a bit on the back end. This loan with Currency Capital is more ideal for those times. The young lady that was helping me out has been great, too. When we did a equipment loan, we were able to do the DocuSign and everything there on the same day and we were able to take care of that fairly quick, as well. She made the whole process very easy and I’ve been happy with the service.

Everybody was pretty good with everything at Currency Capital and Cody, the guy I talked to the most, was really cool. However, the whole process was extremely lengthy, and processing for this loan seemed more excessive than buying a house. And Cody handed my paperwork off to another kid whose bedside manners were a little off compared to his. In fact, I had to call Cody four times and he handled a few things for me instead of that other guy. But still, everything went well.

Also, the banks were wanting 35% down, but Currency Capital wasn't as excessive for the down payments. In my case, my credit score was low but I was absolutely stunned that the loan went through, although I'm sure I'm paying for it in some way, shape or form. Additionally, unlike the other lending company where I have to purchase from a vendor, it's anything with Currency Capital. Because I buy most of our equipment through United Rentals or in an auction. So for any of the auction stuff, I'll more likely go to Currency Capital. I'd recommend them, too. In fact, one of my sons is going to buy a piece of equipment too and I told him to call Currency Capital.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Serge -

We apologize for your experience with Currency. Currency treats every consumer complaint with the utmost respect and sensitivity. Per every complaint we receive, we conduct an internal review of the case in order to better understand the complaint and reach a solution.

We encourage you to please reach out to our Vice President of Sales at 310-571-9600 or our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com who are happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I was impressed to see how fast they called me back but quickly disappointed to talk with aggressive and very rude salesman. They could not provide me no information at all unless I give them my Social Security # to proceed. And when I told them, "Let me check on them first, before we go forward," the nasty salesman ask me without any shame and pudor "Do you have a problem with your credit or do you think we are going to give you $13000 just like that?" with a very rude tone and for no reason. So, I just hang up and call right back them to talk to a manager about the experience. It was even worse! So my personal suggestion to YOU is to stay away from these rude and vulgar salesmen...

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital. Their rep, Jeff, has been friendly and easy to get a hold of. However, I didn't get the information out like I wanted from the lease part that we dealt with. I don't think he was clear on that. He said that was a lease deal, but at the same time, I can ship it back but I would have to pay for it. So, I was stunned about that. I thought the lease was something I'd paid for. And once I've finished, if it's still all right, I can send it back. That's why we're doing this as a lease deal, to have what they would say collateral just in case something goes wrong. And even though I couldn't afford the thing, it doesn't go back. It comes against me. Other than that, everything else was a decent experience. And because of the loan I got from Currency Capital, I am able do more jobs with the machine than I can with just hand digging so, it was just producing better.

I worked with Jake at Currency Capital and he helped out a lot. He was very communicative throughout everything. We were able to get some extra start up funding for some equipment. Without the loan, it would’ve been a little bit difficult to get that extra cash that we needed. Everything worked out and it was a great experience with Currency Capital.

We got a working capital loan from Currency Capital and it got us through the whole month of February, which was really what we needed. Arizona didn't have any winter and we're a HVAC contractor. And when March 1st hit, everything was back to normal, so it was the perfect pad to get us through that slow time. Without the loan, our personal credit would take a huge hit because everything for the business is personally financed right now. The business has only been in operation for three years and we wanted to go five years with no credit. Even all of our service vehicles are personally financed. All payments would have been late if we wouldn't have gotten a loan. The rep was awesome. She answered all my questions and was very responsive. The process was done really quickly and Currency Capital was just so easy to work with.

The cash flow from the cash advance that Currency Capital gave me helped me get new equipment and other stuff that I needed for my business. It would be a struggle without it. However, I'm a little displeased with the interest rates especially with the fact that I dealt with them before and it should've gone down for me a little bit on the second time. But the relationship manager, Jake, was right on top of everything and I really like dealing with him. So although they have to work on that interest rate, I would still recommend them to a friend.

I had looked Currency Capital up and they were always available, accessible and easy to reach out to that's why I stayed with them and tried to get funded. I got a truck financing type of loan. They expanded my company to meet some contracts that I have pending and now we're able to go ahead and facilitate those. I make monthly payment and they were okay. Also, my relationship manager has been pretty knowledgeable. He calls me back, we communicate and he emails me promptly so he's really good. We have no problem with communication. It's been a really good experience.

Currency Capital gave me the money and was very nice. They were good people, very efficient and did their job. They said they could do something with all my credit stunk. Though they didn't get me what I really wanted, they did help me stay in business by paying my insurance because it is very high here in New York where I live. All my business insurance, liability comp and what all is around $8000 a month. Also, I paid $31,000 in the last four months in insurance which is a lot of money. I'm a roofer and I do a lot of missionary work and exterior work. When the winters come and my business takes a hoot, I need to borrow money to stay in business.

I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital to purchase a backhoe. They were helpful and all of my questions were answered. I was talking with a guy first then they switched to another guy. However, the new guy didn't talk that much. Other than that, my loan's interest rate was fair. Now, I don't need to spend a lot of money on rentals.

Currency Capital Company Profile