2. Finance
  3. Business Loans
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Currency Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

We contacted Currency Capital to purchase a trailer. We like to pay cash, but we were kinda in a hard place. Our trailer that we had was gonna have to be replaced immediately. But the lending process turned out to be very slow. I got online, filled out the thing, and it wound out being Currency. I didn’t hear back from anyone for two weeks. The week before I tried to call and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. It went to a voicemail, and then so I waited a while. I just kinda left it alone.

And then our trailer broke down. We lost all the brakes and it was gonna cost us five grand just to replace the whole system. And I thought that we needed another trailer anyway as a back-up, so I just went and called them. I finally got ahold of a guy and he was really great. I told him it has been two weeks, and I’ve not heard from anyone. And he said, “I see your thing. You’ve been approved. Nobody’s contacted you?” And I said no. He told me I left it blank on the salesperson. I said, “I was in San Antonio that day, but I live in Oklahoma, and I didn’t put someone down. The guy that helped me was wonderful.

He helped us right away, and then the guy that I was working with to get the loan situated and everything was great. Once we figured out a dealership, they said, “Come on over.” So, we drove. It was two hours, and he still had not heard from Currency by the time I got there in two hours. And we hadn't got any paperwork or anything. And so, he started calling and finding out what the hold-up was. I think what happened is that it was lunchtime.

Currency helped us out tremendously. We were able to get the trailer we need in emergency. So, doing it all in one day, it helped us from not failing. Because if we were still having to pull the old trailer, it probably would've been in the shop for three weeks is what I was told, and it was gonna cost me about five grand. The guy that finally helped us made it happen. He told us upfront everything to expect and what to do. The only other thing that has been kind of a hold-up is that once it went through I didn’t hear anything for a while.

So, I called the day that I got an email saying my loan was gonna be due on the 7th of this month, and I hadn't heard anything. I contacted them to make sure I wasn’t gonna get a late fee. That’s been my biggest concern. I don’t want that. But finally, yesterday, I got an email saying that my payment’s gonna be taken out any time. People are busy and I know there can be some delays, but their communication could be a little bit better with the client, especially if I’m calling for questions. I got the runaround a little bit until I got some answers.

But I would recommend them. My husband and I only been in business for a year now. I didn’t think we’d qualify. And it’s not a loan. It’s more a lease. Interest is a little high. But my goal is I’m going to try to take $2,000, 2,500 a month, and I’m gonna try to get it paid off within the sixth month. Everything's been fixed. We're finally getting the payments down on time. The first time wasn't on time but we didn't get a penalty. They've been real good to fix the issue and get it done. So I do appreciate that.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was gonna buy a loader and Currency Capital was on the company’s website. I got an equipment loan and the process was great. In the heavy equipment business, when you’re trying to buy used equipment, sometimes it’s very difficult. It takes days and days. The guy from Currency did it in 15 minutes or less. It was quick. The manager was a good guy and it was an awesome interaction. He was very professional and he knew exactly what to do to take care of what I needed.

The loan freed up the money we had in the bank to catch up on other stuff, rather than having to come up with a huge down payment. It was impressive. We’ve been in the business for 30-something years and we’ve got a good reputation, and still, for a used equipment, sometimes it’s hard to borrow money. They don’t wanna loan money on it. We’ve always done very well but it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call these guys and it’s done. I don’t have to come up with my tax returns. So many companies make me jump through hoops. I would recommend Currency.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had an equipment loan from Currency Capital, and the piece of equipment I bought was a key component to help me reach my midrange customers. I have big equipment for those bigger places that I go to. But the truck that I bought allows me to get into the smaller customers I had a more hard time getting to with the big equipment. The manager I worked with was easy to get in contact with, and if he doesn’t have his phone, he calls me back within an hour. And through the phone call, I already knew that I was approved. It was just a matter of them running it through the underwriter. In fact, I had an easy transaction with Currency Capital.

As far as going to a local bank and trying to get a loan for a piece of equipment, you have to bring your firstborn child. They want every stitch and piece of information in the world all the way down to what your kid’s allowance is. With Currency Capital, they’re free-willing with giving out a loan. When you work with farmers and ranchers, a lot of stuff is seasonal. At the end of the day, there’s gonna be a big cash influx, but you can’t get there without that piece of equipment. So, it definitely makes it easier to work with somebody who understands that. I already recommended Currency Capital to people.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I looked for a trailer and when I saw the one I wanted, there were options to finance it or get a quote. I followed the prompts and the next thing I knew, I got a call from Currency Capital. I wound up getting two loans from them. First, they sent me 15,000 because I didn’t have the downpayment and I was waiting on a check from my insurance company for my last trailer settlement. The other loan was the financing for the trailer. If I didn't get the loan from Currency Capital, I would have had to try finding something older and cheaper, like a $10,000 or $20,000 trailer. I would have had to diminish my savings or my business money which would have put me in a very scary spot if anything major breaks down. I would have no money to get the trailer repaired and would have to rely on credit cards with high interest rates.

Though the knucklehead I bought the trailer from was a paranoid person who wanted a certified bank check instead of the business check that Currency Capital sent him. With their rep Dodge, things were great. He was very well-spoken, very knowledgeable. He worked hard on getting things done for me in a quick manner.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was gonna buy a backhoe, and Currency Capital popped up online. Then, the guy called me. I ended up getting an equipment loan from them for my company. I had a machine before that was given to me, and it is gone, so I needed another one. It took the company I bought it from a little bit of time to get it to me as they had some issues with the truck to get in here, but everything worked out fine. Securing the loan went perfectly. Max did good for me and he was fabulous. He made me feel very comfortable. He was right in my own house and we were talking. He was really good, professional, and he was almost like a friend of mine. He kept texting me to see if I found any machines, and he was still looking for me. He kept me in the loop to keep me focused on giving me finance for a machine. So, that really worked out fine. Call Currency Capital and have them get it for you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I got a loan for an equipment from Currency Capital. I filled it online and I got it quickly, in a day. The relationship manager I worked with was good and his courtesy was impressive. I got the piece of equipment and then, until I got another piece sold, I paid them back. With what I bought, I got more work. Overall, Currency Capital is a legit, good company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have a landscaping business. I had a lawnmower that broke down and I needed a new one right away. I went to Currency Capital to apply for financing and in 10 minutes I had the money in my pocket. It was an excellent experience. Other people should go ahead and work with Currency Capital. They will take care of you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I had some equipment financed through Currency Capital before. More recently, I got a working capital loan from them. Working with Currency Capital's relationship managers was a great experience. They answered the questions I had and were very upfront about everything. We're in the trucking business and vendors can be slow to pay. The loan has helped us.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I applied for an equipment financing from Currency Capital and the entire process took four days. Their loan process was easy. They just weren’t really forthcoming in some of the fees and stuff that I was charged. They charged me $500 to do the paperwork. What they didn’t tell me was they made my payment 60 days, so they charged me another $700-and-somewhat in interest.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

We have one equipment and we wanted a second one. But the 20% interest on the equipment loan from Currency Capital was the most horrible loan that I got. I wish I had researched a bit more. But Alex, their rep, was good. He was very responsive. I'd tell others to try a different place first.

Currency expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

• Best for: Small to mid-sized businesses, local businesses and expanding businesses seeking small business loans, equipment financing, equipment leasing and working capital.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor