2. Finance
  3. Business Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

Protect your business

Find an insurance plan through CoverWallet

Get my quote

Protect your business

Find an insurance plan through CoverWallet

Get my quote

Currency Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: April 15, 2020

I was trying to get some financing. I was starting a new business, but that didn’t go through. I received a phone call and Currency Capital said that, “Yeah, we’d like to help you out,” but unfortunately being a startup, they wouldn’t be able to assist me at this time. At a later date once I was established, then they could. My company is an LLC and I guess there’s no credit history or something. I was a startup, so I ended up paying out of my pocket for everything. But other than that, I’d recommend Currency Capital. They were good and courteous.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I was looking at some trailer stuff on sale and Currency Capital had an ad in there. The process was a basic everyday loan that you get. You put in your information, they called back, they approved you, and you got the money. It was a very simple process. I got a 53-foot trailer that I didn’t have. The business was a whole lot easier, the whole freight with that trailer. I was using other company trailers where it would cost me. It was an improvement. They pretty much did everything for me. I answered a few questions and they took over and paid for it. They were excellent.

Get buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I like that my Currency Capital loan is an affordable plan. It helped me get the bed I needed on my truck for work. It does an auto-draft every month, so I don’t ever have to worry about being late on payments or forget about it or anything. We had a little bit of a mix-up at first when applying for the loan. I think they applied for a business loan to start with when it’s a personal loan. But they straightened it out pretty quickly. They got me financed really fast. Everybody I’ve talked to so far has been easy to work with, courteous, and professional with me. That means a lot. They made getting that welding bed pretty easy, so I’d definitely recommend them to someone else.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I got a loan with Currency Capital for a semitruck. The manager that I worked with was good. The loan gave me the ability to buy the truck so I could lease it to a company and start running and making money. If I hadn't gotten the loan, I wouldn't have been able to get my truck, and I wouldn't have been able to be my own boss. I was happy that I was able to finance the trucks so that I could go to work as my own boss, and make the money that I feel like is there to be made.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had first applied for a trailer with another trading company, and they gave me the runaround for about a month. They kept not responding back to emails, not letting me know what was going on and I didn’t know that it shouldn’t take that long to get on it for a trailer. They screwed me over and messed me over with a lot of money. Currency helped me out in 24 hours and helped me stay afloat, which really saved me so I'm grateful. Everything went so fast, I didn’t believe it. We're getting out about three weeks now, so everything is slowly growing. I'm waiting ‘til everything gets booming and I'm gonna go through Currency again for a second trailer.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I was directed to Currency Capital by my equipment dealer, The loan went through and during the conversation with the sales rep. I specifically asked the question if there were any prepayment penalties as I was planning on paying off the machine sooner than the term. My sales rep. said "no problem, you can pay it off early". So I went with the loan. I have been paying the loan for a little over 2 yrs of the 5 yr note and went to pay it off and found out that whether I paid on the machine 1 month or the whole 60 months of the term. I would have to pay the same amount.

So my complaint is with the salesperson, who should have disclosed this information to me when I asked about paying it off early. He didn't lie outright, there is no problem paying the loan off early. He should have had the ethics to say, " you will still be paying the same amount though". I am sure this was disclosed in the fine print of the multiple page loan docs, and when you have the loan docs sent via email by DocUsign, you click on the signature icon and it fast scrolls through multiple pages to the next signature line and then repeats to the next signature line and so forth. The salespeople should have to disclose these type of loans verbally. Had I known the type of loan that was being presented to me, I would not have accepted the loan. Maybe I'm just old school honest but I am not satisfied with their disclosure practices. I am getting ready to purchase around $175,000.00 worth of equipment and guess what, I will not be using Currency Capital.

Original review: April 25, 2020

When I went get my equipment, Currency Capital told me that I can get credit for business equipment with them. The process was pretty good. I got the loan in three hours. They like to work with you. When you have a problem, you call them and they're pretty good to work with. Right now, I'm hardly working and they gave me extended time to pay. Everything was good with them.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Taking out the loan from Currency Capital makes it a lot easier to help customers. My business performance would be more difficult without it. It was perfect dealing with their team members, and their professionalism and knowledge of product were both very good.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Currency Capital loaned me the money, which was why I went with them. The application process was easy. I just applied online and then they did the rest of it. However, I don’t know how I got turned down when I was looking for another loan. Other than that, they are good.

Original review: April 20, 2020

When I applied on Ohio Truck's website, going with Currency Capital was the direction that they pushed me in. I got an equipment loan from them, which gave me my own truck so I could start my own business. The loan gave me the possibility to start my own business, which is not a possibility that I had without Currency Capital.

Currency author review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor