4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

532 Currency Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

We contacted Currency Capital to purchase a trailer. We like to pay cash, but we were kinda in a hard place. Our trailer that we had was gonna have to be replaced immediately. But the lending process turned out to be very slow. I got online, filled out the thing, and it wound out being Currency. I didn’t hear back from anyone for two weeks. The week before I tried to call and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. It went to a voicemail, and then so I waited a while. I just kinda left it alone.

And then our trailer broke down. We lost all the brakes and it was gonna cost us five grand just to replace the whole system. And I thought that we needed another trailer anyway as a back-up, so I just went and called them. I finally got ahold of a guy and he was really great. I told him it has been two weeks, and I’ve not heard from anyone. And he said, “I see your thing. You’ve been approved. Nobody’s contacted you?” And I said no. He told me I left it blank on the salesperson. I said, “I was in San Antonio that day, but I live in Oklahoma, and I didn’t put someone down. The guy that helped me was wonderful.

He helped us right away, and then the guy that I was working with to get the loan situated and everything was great. Once we figured out a dealership, they said, “Come on over.” So, we drove. It was two hours, and he still had not heard from Currency by the time I got there in two hours. And we hadn't got any paperwork or anything. And so, he started calling and finding out what the hold-up was. I think what happened is that it was lunchtime.

Currency helped us out tremendously. We were able to get the trailer we need in emergency. So, doing it all in one day, it helped us from not failing. Because if we were still having to pull the old trailer, it probably would've been in the shop for three weeks is what I was told, and it was gonna cost me about five grand. The guy that finally helped us made it happen. He told us upfront everything to expect and what to do. The only other thing that has been kind of a hold-up is that once it went through I didn’t hear anything for a while.

So, I called the day that I got an email saying my loan was gonna be due on the 7th of this month, and I hadn't heard anything. I contacted them to make sure I wasn’t gonna get a late fee. That’s been my biggest concern. I don’t want that. But finally, yesterday, I got an email saying that my payment’s gonna be taken out any time. People are busy and I know there can be some delays, but their communication could be a little bit better with the client, especially if I’m calling for questions. I got the runaround a little bit until I got some answers.

But I would recommend them. My husband and I only been in business for a year now. I didn’t think we’d qualify. And it’s not a loan. It’s more a lease. Interest is a little high. But my goal is I’m going to try to take $2,000, 2,500 a month, and I’m gonna try to get it paid off within the sixth month. Everything's been fixed. We're finally getting the payments down on time. The first time wasn't on time but we didn't get a penalty. They've been real good to fix the issue and get it done. So I do appreciate that.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was gonna buy a loader and Currency Capital was on the company’s website. I got an equipment loan and the process was great. In the heavy equipment business, when you’re trying to buy used equipment, sometimes it’s very difficult. It takes days and days. The guy from Currency did it in 15 minutes or less. It was quick. The manager was a good guy and it was an awesome interaction. He was very professional and he knew exactly what to do to take care of what I needed.

The loan freed up the money we had in the bank to catch up on other stuff, rather than having to come up with a huge down payment. It was impressive. We’ve been in the business for 30-something years and we’ve got a good reputation, and still, for a used equipment, sometimes it’s hard to borrow money. They don’t wanna loan money on it. We’ve always done very well but it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call these guys and it’s done. I don’t have to come up with my tax returns. So many companies make me jump through hoops. I would recommend Currency.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had an equipment loan from Currency Capital, and the piece of equipment I bought was a key component to help me reach my midrange customers. I have big equipment for those bigger places that I go to. But the truck that I bought allows me to get into the smaller customers I had a more hard time getting to with the big equipment. The manager I worked with was easy to get in contact with, and if he doesn’t have his phone, he calls me back within an hour. And through the phone call, I already knew that I was approved. It was just a matter of them running it through the underwriter. In fact, I had an easy transaction with Currency Capital.

As far as going to a local bank and trying to get a loan for a piece of equipment, you have to bring your firstborn child. They want every stitch and piece of information in the world all the way down to what your kid’s allowance is. With Currency Capital, they’re free-willing with giving out a loan. When you work with farmers and ranchers, a lot of stuff is seasonal. At the end of the day, there’s gonna be a big cash influx, but you can’t get there without that piece of equipment. So, it definitely makes it easier to work with somebody who understands that. I already recommended Currency Capital to people.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I looked for a trailer and when I saw the one I wanted, there were options to finance it or get a quote. I followed the prompts and the next thing I knew, I got a call from Currency Capital. I wound up getting two loans from them. First, they sent me 15,000 because I didn’t have the downpayment and I was waiting on a check from my insurance company for my last trailer settlement. The other loan was the financing for the trailer. If I didn't get the loan from Currency Capital, I would have had to try finding something older and cheaper, like a $10,000 or $20,000 trailer. I would have had to diminish my savings or my business money which would have put me in a very scary spot if anything major breaks down. I would have no money to get the trailer repaired and would have to rely on credit cards with high interest rates.

Though the knucklehead I bought the trailer from was a paranoid person who wanted a certified bank check instead of the business check that Currency Capital sent him. With their rep Dodge, things were great. He was very well-spoken, very knowledgeable. He worked hard on getting things done for me in a quick manner.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was shopping around for a machine. I got Currency Capital through the people who I was looking to buy my skid steer. They’re the ones that set me up with them. Connor was great and acted professionally. He got back with me and he did most the work. I never had to worry about contacting him. They acted fast and I couldn’t believe a loan could go through like that. It ended up taking a month. The loan helped me buy a skid steer that was for snow removal, leveling out the ground. We’ve already had six feet of snow drifting in front of the building. My business would have been closed for an extra day or two.

Everything was awesome except for when I was told the payments were gonna come out which was supposed to be February. They took it out in January and December so I was a little bit upset. It was only supposed to be 435 and the first one was 489. I'm gonna call them about it to find out what’s going on. But I had a good experience. Currency did a great job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: June 28, 2019

Currency Capital makes me sick. When I was looking for a truck, I wasn’t even trying to call them for a loan. They called me back and gave me a loan overnight. I told the rep what I wanted. I didn't wanna spend 200,000 and they gave me 100,000, which was cool. But when I found the truck and flew out to Wisconsin to buy it, that was when he told me if I would buy something over eight years old, they were gonna add two more points. They should have told me that before I even thought about buying anything. They should have told me all the rules and regulations or their procedures.

Plus if I buy a truck at Wisconsin and I’m at Philadelphia, it's common sense that I would need insurance. It's 19 hours away. I would need insurance to get from point A to point B. So I got insurance. But Currency Capital took money out of my account last month for insurance. I had sent them information and the rep should have sent the information but they took my money. I’m paying State Farm for my truck right now plus Currency Capital is stealing money out of my account. They both take out of my account but they couldn't do that after I've changed it. I called the rep, changed all my account and said they can’t take their money for the normal monthly payment. I told the rep they shouldn’t have taken my money for my insurance.

I’m still waiting to get reimbursed for my money right now. But no matter how good my insurance is, Currency Capital keeps finding some reasons. The rep said they didn't get my insurance package. So I sent it to him. State Farm even sent them a policy for coverage for everything. State Farm asked if I owned the vehicle. No, I'm being financed. It's automatic – if I crash tomorrow, State Farm isn't gonna pay me. It's not even my vehicle that I'm paying for. I was just playing games through the phone with Currency Capital. I called State Farm and gave them Currency Capital's number. State Farm would deal with them directly.

How Currency Capital did this is legal but it’s blindsided. They took my money on the first day when I bought my vehicle. It was for the first month payment and the docs fee but they didn’t tell me. They just withdrew on my account so when the bank called me and said somebody had accessed my account, I told the manager of my account that I hadn't authorized anybody and they stopped it. Two weeks later, Currency Capital called me. But they didn't tell me they would take my money. I would have given them authorization.

I’m taking my money that I financed the truck with and go pay Currency Capital. I really don’t wanna deal with them. With everything I ever bought, it's always been paid for – no late fees, no liens and no mortgages. I don’t owe anything but this and I can’t keep paying for this vehicle because I have a bunch of vehicles. If I were to answer my phone to Currency Capital, I wouldn’t even respond. I would just hang up on them. Absolutely nothing out there deserves them.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had bid on something and ended up winning two of them at the same time so then I didn’t have the money to pay for one, so I went through Currency Capital in order to get the funds. I got an emergency equipment loan from them and the time it took for the whole process was very reasonable.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Currency Capital is the preferred financer for TrailersPlus in Kingman, Arizona. I got a loan for a trailer from them. The process could have been quicker though. Also, I asked them about the 30 days to have my own insurance thing or else they were automatically gonna charge me for it. I told the rep that I saw this in the contract and he said he would check on it. He went to talk to somebody, and he came back and said that it only applied to semi-truck trailers and large trailers. I got an email a few days later that said if I didn’t have an insurance within 30 days on the trailer itself for comp, and collision, and theft, then Currency Capital would automatically add it on. I intended to get it anyway, but there was some confusion there. But other than that, everything else was great.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Applying with Currency Capital was easy. I got a small business loan from them which helped me buy a machine for my business. With it, my business is gonna be fine. Overall, I had a good experience with Currency Capital.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got an equipment purchasing loan from Currency Capital when I purchased my trailer. The people whom I talked to were very courteous. They were very kind and easy to work with. Though the lending process took about a week, it was because my driver's license had to be corrected. I had a very good experience overall with Currency Capital and I was very satisfied. Without the loan, things would have been much harder for me and my business 'cause I would've had to get another trailer somehow and I wouldn't have been able to do that. I'd use their service again.

Currency expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

• Best for: Small to mid-sized businesses, local businesses and expanding businesses seeking small business loans, equipment financing, equipment leasing and working capital.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg