Currency Capital

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My experience with Currency Capital has been great. I’ve been in business for 20 years and I’ve always managed. I really didn’t need the money, but it has obviously made things a little bit easier having it available if needed. We do quite a few construction projects and a lot of times we’re out of funds on labor and materials while we wait to get paid. So the loan with Currency Capital has allowed me to fill that gap when needed until I collect on my end. Whereas in the past, I would either just get a cash loan somewhere at a high-interest rate and it was costing me quite a bit on the back end. This loan with Currency Capital is more ideal for those times. The young lady that was helping me out has been great, too. When we did a equipment loan, we were able to do the DocuSign and everything there on the same day and we were able to take care of that fairly quick, as well. She made the whole process very easy and I’ve been happy with the service.

Currency Capital contacted me and I got from them an equipment loan which I used to buy a truck. My business wouldn't be what it is right now without the loan. But it was not good with the relationship manager of Currency Capital. We had an agreement with something and when I sent the contract, they wanted me to switch. I would never ask for anything else from Currency ever again or recommend it to anybody.

I received equipment financing from Currency Capital and it enabled us to buy a piece of software that saves me 20 hours a week of a $100 an hour person. They were easy to deal with and the process was very quick. The loan was definitely beneficial and it's saving us a fair amount of money.

I had a good experience dealing with Currency Capital. I had a business loan from them for a trailer. It allowed me to get some new equipment to do my job. Payment is automatically debited out of my account each month and I got along good with the account manager. I don't talk to them at all but they send me email sometimes.

I saw Currency Capital online with the heavy equipment. I had no way to get a gravel pit going, but the loan got me an excavator so that I could do what I need to do and get people in there to buy gravel. David, their relationship manager, was super. Anything I ask of him, he gives me an answer within an hour. He knows what he's doing. Currency Capital was honest, upfront and let me know what's going on before I start.

With my loan from Currency Capital, I was able to get the equipment I needed for some startup stuff. However, the staff wasn’t great. The way that they stated things didn't make sense to me and I didn't understand how things went through at the end of the payment and repayment of the loan, so I don’t think I will get a loan with them ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

The loan I got from Currency Capital gave me a truck to operate with. Without this loan, my business would be about $150,000 a year less. Their relationship manager was extremely knowledgeable and they have done what they were supposed to do. Everything went smoothly and I have recommended them.

I got a loan for equipment from Currency Capital and it helped in adding more income to my business. The relationship manager that I worked with went above and beyond. He got me approved and within the price range I was trying to pay each month. Everything was great. Currency Capital will work to get you the loan. If they can find it, they’ll do it.

Financing equipment with Currency Capital was the biggest pain in the ** I've ever had. I tried financing my equipment with three-year note biannual payments, and their representative said that would work fine. And so, I signed an 11-page contract online that never had any mention of the terms or of the annual percentage rate. Thereafter, I found out that my first payment came out of my checking account before I ever signed the note. Furthermore, I was to pay $50 that didn't go towards the note but rather, as a carrying service. Currency Capital apologized for the delay as the loan was taken out of house. It was a big runaround. While I ended up getting a monthly term, it was still a terrible experience. I'll never finance with them again.

I got an equipment leasing from Currency Capital and it has helped save in cost. It also helped me to be more efficient as far as the timeliness when I have the equipment myself, I can work on my own schedule instead of having to rely on someone else. Also, the relationship manager went through the process step by step for me instead of me having to figure out the whole process on my own. He told me what he exactly needs me to do or what they were going to do so, I could have things ready for the next part of the process. He did the packaging of everything together and it was easier because he knows the way they are looking for things so he was able to put it together in the order they need it.

I got a business loan from Currency Capital and so far, it has helped me land some jobs, find material for jobs and pay for some labor. If not for them, money would be a little tighter. My experience was okay in terms of interacting with their relationship manager. I talked to him one day, he emailed me and it went well. Overall, Currency Capital was a nice company and they were very helpful. The only thing I don't like is that they take $76 a day out of my bank account, but that's part of the payment.

I got a small business loan from Currency Capital. I made a machine and I financed it with them. And then, they processed the loan quickly and it helped a lot. Their relationship manager was unbelievable. He explained everything to me and he followed up, too. In fact, I got a mail from him the other day to see how’s the equipment. So far, they’re doing fine and they’re beautiful. Overall, I was very satisfied with this company.

I wanted to purchase a vehicle on eBay plus a trailer from another vendor. This is eBay's preferred lender and I was redirected and called immediately. I explained to agent Alex what my plans were, and they offered to help. The combined total was around $20k. The whole process has been handled in a very amateur way, with excuses, and passing the buck.

6 weeks later, Currency Cap have lost both titles, have not registered the vehicles, they are not licensed to drive because I can't get plates. Neither vendor that the vehicles came from have ever heard or experienced the way Currency Cap do business when buying vehicles. It should have been as simple as us having the title, with Currency Cap as a lien holder. I could have then got everything done within 48 hours, not 48 days. Watch out for their upfront & paperwork charges, They change! I have paid the 2 months upfront payments, the $500+ fees, another monthly payment, and yet I still had to rent a Uhaul Truck, which was the reason I got the vehicles in the first place. I will be seeking legal advice to sort this mess out. Very unhappy.

We needed equipment that’s necessary for our production but it was out of our budget to just outright purchase it. We searched and Currency Capital popped up as an option for equipment plan. It was really instrumental.

Currency Capital is the lender of choice with IronPlanet.com, which is an auction website for heavy equipment. The loan application process was easy. Currency Capital guided me through an electronic signature process on the DocuSign website and I signed electronically on my phone. However, I didn’t have the ability to save the PDF for future reference and the document was not accessible to me after I signed it. I'm a contractor and my days are hectic and crazy, so during the day I often don’t have time to look at details. Everything was fine except for the most important thing to me as a consumer, which was understanding the details of the loan or the interest rate and the financing.

The interest rate was misrepresented and ended up being 30%. The selling agent said the interest rate was only gonna be 4%. She told me not to worry, that since it's a lease, I can write off all of my lease amount every month in my tax filings. After I had already signed everything, I emailed her asking for what the numbers were again, she wouldn’t reply to my email or answer my calls. I've done business with so many lenders already and that was the one that screwed me. Overall, the experience wasn’t great in terms of transparency and disclosures. I was very dissatisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 4, 2017

After bad experience and review I was contacted by the company representative unexpectedly. I really thought bad about this company. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that company views and operation is totally different of what I experienced with this one loan specialist and his supervisor. I had all my money back since I did not finance my purchase with the company. All my problems and complains was resolved.

I am giving 4 stars just because if not this complain I would have no means to find main branch contacts or phone number and reach to higher authority myself.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I won Sprinter van on eBay. eBay had link to financing company right on the winning page, so instead going to my bank I clicked on that link. Set up was easy, with just a few changes. They told, they can't make it as a financing but they will do lease with an option to buy. Instead of 36 months as promised initially they told that they can do only 24 month lease. We agreed on that. Before even finalizing all the paperwork they charged first and last month payment from my bank account saying that they are trying to speed up process. After payment was charged questions regarding insurance arise which we could not agree on. We had to stop dealing with them because we could not afford the loan anymore and asked to return money for the 2 monthly payments they charged for the loan it was never finalized.

We offered them to keep paperwork fee only. This company did not return our payments, did not email us back with explanations or representative did not return calls. When talked with our rep Alex I asked to talk to manager and was told that they do not provide name or phone # of the managers because they are very busy. BE CAREFUL, it is not the company you want to do business with.

I had equipment leasing from Currency Capital two years ago. The guy that handled it all, Josh, was excellent. I wanted to have everything stat and not mess around. The loan process went on for a couple of months then it started to get ahead of time. It's hassle going back and forth for all these paperwork. But Josh really went out of his way and worked with my loan.

However, I probably wouldn't go with Currency again because of the other guys I talked to. They're supposed to call me back but they do nothing. I needed to get a title for my trailer and I still don't have all the paperwork completed because it got screwed up. I have to have something filled out from the State of Pennsylvania. So, it's going to be over two months. They didn't go out of their way or they didn't try to complete anything. The rates, the loan and the money were totally different than what we talked about and what it was supposed to be. Overall, Currency was okay at first, but at the end of it turned sour.

We took out a loan from Currency Capital when we purchased company equipment in order to offer different services for the industry where we’re at. It gave us an advantage over our competitors. Currency Capital has assisted us a lot in the process of acquiring equipment and they're always looking for the best option we can get on any loan. So far, it has been an aid for our company.

We were getting ready to do a large project and at that time, Currency Capital had sent an offer to our company for financing and so I responded to that. They, through a working capital, were able to help us fund the activities related to getting that project installed and working. Without the loan, the project would've still survived. But with the loan, it certainly made things easier. The interactions I've had with our relationship manager were all professional and timely. I’ve always been able to get ahold of them when I need to and it has been satisfying.

I was applied to finance 20000 with them but when I look the contract I won't like to go forward and I call them to tell that am not agree with the contract and am try to stop the process. Am never get any money from them but they did from my account. Just to make a contract they took $1947 and Alex one of them tell me that they be unable to refund anything. Am tell him that am agree to paid any penalty for not go forward but $1947 is too much, don't you?

I required a number of industrial machines for my expanding business in landscaping, removing foliage, and clearing trees. Currency Capital leveraged their wide network of financiers and was able to quickly and reliably secure a loan for me to purchase this equipment despite the complexity of the order. Their mobile and online platforms are impeccable and their representatives were present along every step of the way to answer any questions and fix any issues that arose during the process, making the extension of credit very expedient and safe.

I had to find a lender and Peter from Currency Capital was the one that called me. The relationship manager was helpful and did everything he can. I was trying to get a truck that was at least ’04 to ’07, but he said it was too old and they wouldn’t be able to finance it. Now that I’ve been trying to get a new truck, he says, me being from the towing industry, a whole truck, new truck, day-in, day-out was a region issue, so I had no choice but to get a 2008 model truck that has a lot of issues that I’m sure the sellers didn’t know about, but when I tried calling the relationship manager a couple of weeks ago to let him know what was going on, their comeback for us was that I didn’t get the warranty and that I’ve already had the truck for a month. Nobody offered me a warranty or said anything about it, so I’m SOL on that one.

I bought a semi-truck and got a commercial loan that put me into hold. They took a month to get everything done and the money I had saved up threw me in the hole. Now, I’m about $2,000 in the hole trying to catch up. The company I got leased on with is not paying much money to operate it. I’m sad but I am satisfied for what it is in first time buying. I’m glad that I was able to get approved, but I wish it would’ve went a little bit better in my way money-wise and for them for taking so long.

I got a small business loan from Currency Capital. Cash flow was a big issue, and it helped me out with that. I would've survived without the loan, but it made things a lot easier. It took the sleepless nights away. The rep that I deal with is wonderful, helpful, responsive, informative and definitely steered me towards the right direction. I'm very satisfied, and I'd recommend them to anybody.

I purchased a piece of equipment that I wanted to finance and Currency Capital was recommended to me. I got a $17,000 loan for a pre-cooler that goes into a refrigerated system. It was for a lease term and a buyout at the end of the lease. They're very nice people and I do appreciate the loan. I'm glad it's there. However, I should have gone with my bank. I would only have had to talk to one person and not have to do all this confirmed payment. Or I could have and should have paid cash for it instead of taking out the loan. It's too much of a hassle. We had about three different people handling the loan. There's a lot of layers to the system and it seemed to be excessive. It held up shipment in some cases when we were trying to get it shipped here quickly.

Without the help of Currency Capital I would not have been able to purchase the TV camera that I needed to kind of get my business off the ground. It'd be really hard to do my job as I work in the TV industry. Getting the commercial loan was a very easygoing experience. They're a great company to deal with. The relationship manager walked me through the process mostly via email, and he was very helpful. We were able to get it done in a quick fashion because I needed it very quickly. He answered any questions I had so I was pleased. If I ever need that type of product again, they'll be my first call.

Opened a loan from Currency Capital for getting material for a project. The loan helped out quite a bit. They're actually small loans and I'm trying to build it up to something that will make a serious difference. But it had been slow so we're going to increase it and they're aware it was my intention. Their rep was good and anytime I need anything, I have no problem getting hold of them and get questions answered. Everything is great as long as everybody does what was agreed. Their interest is a little high but I will still recommend them. Very good experience.

Some old equipment broke down and it was time to replace. Needed a small quick loan and fast for operating business operations. Was able to fulfill my request fast without missing a beat. Highly recommended.

I got an equipment leasing loan from Currency Capital and the process started about a month ago. But it’s been a few things after another that needed to get handled and came down to the finalization of it all. We went through this whole process thinking that it would probably take two weeks. I made it very clear that we needed the truck immediately and that we were dealing it. From that point, I thought it was going to work a month later. But when I got the truck about two weeks ago, I noticed that there was no tagging on it. When we got into the DMV, they looked into those titles and they didn’t have one for us. I called and I’ve been on the phone for probably about a week straight talking to different people trying to get it situated. The truck was sitting out in front of our Town Homes as we were losing money and we couldn’t move the truck. We had contracts lined up and that’s the whole reason why we went and got the truck.

Then, a month and a half later, our contracts were gone. We were supposed to pay them $1090 and when they asked us about it, I was pretty much being honest with them that we haven’t made any money. I was informing them that we’re going to pay this money but we haven’t gotten anything for our situation and we’re not able to work yet. But we went ahead and paid the money. We had to borrow money for that because we tapped out on the whole situation. All of these was contingent on this time that we can’t let go of. We have two or three contracts lined up including through Home Court, Dash By and a company called Safa. I didn’t want to hold these companies up or be unprofessional with them so I told them we’ll give them a call back whenever we get things situated. But at that point, I didn’t know when things were going to be situated.

I called Currency Capital and they referred me to a young lady named Shanna that worked at Pacific Leasing. I called her phone and left her various messages but I didn’t get to speak to her until about a week and a half later. I went to full investigation mode and have spoken to the manager of the titling department at Pacific Leasing. That’s when they told us that the title had been sitting at Circuit Leasing for about a week and that they needed to send it back out and send it to her. Then, they sent it back out there and they had it for a while. Also, we had given over about $2000 for this situation - insurance for the truck was $600 and $1090 to Pacific Leasing or Currency Capital.

I got very vague answers from Pacific Leasing. They're not really informative but when it came to getting the money, they were very spot on. They showed me the lease and that I can put the money and how I can do it, but I can’t get a callback. I would have to call them back and speak to different people. They've given us a hard time. They said to write a letter to them and explain to them what’s going on. I’ve spoken to them different times throughout the process letting them know exactly what was going on and I think it was more settled up. I don’t know if that’s on Currency Capital's end or Pacific Leasing' or how it goes but I’ve got to know. We have to make another payment to them, coming up soon and we haven’t been able to do any work.

I don’t even understand what happened with the title. I had an officer come to my house about the truck being without a tag. I explained to him exactly what happened and he was looking at me like it doesn’t make any sense. It didn’t really make too much sense to me either. He said he doesn’t see why they can do this and that he'll see what he can. The whole process has been a little hard but we did everything we're supposed to do in a timely fashion. I even made phone calls over to Arizona to expedite the title. I pretty much had to stay on it just to make it happen. But we have our truck and everything is situated now. Also, the guys that I've worked with, Royce and Agustin, have been good. They were very friendly and they definitely went out of their way to make everything happen. They helped me out a lot and I don’t have any complaints about them at all.

The only reason why I probably wouldn’t recommend is because of the individuals that Currency Capital is working with. Pacific Leasing is the only other company that they work with that I would know about but that process was hell. I’ve gotten loans before and I never really had gone through anything like this. They were supposed to take care of the registration but we ended up having to pay for it, which cost us almost $500. We got screwed. Then, our payday was coming up in a few days and I know that they’re going to be expecting that money. But they didn’t really show any empathy or compensation for it.

Needed a fast, small business loan for a startup venture. Bank was unwilling to fulfill my request in the short time needed. Went to Currency Capital and they were very fast, friendly, and informative. Helped explain everything before I decided to take out the loan.

We got a small business loan for $20,000 from Currency Capital. The Capital relationship manager was a really good guy, very helpful, and very on time when we were working out the whole deal. They do immediate ACH transfers, which really helps when building and needing money, so they were able to do a one-day turnover. We deal with the city of San Antonio and we're the official lender for them. They got backtracked with other payments in December so we didn’t have much revenue coming in and generating.

Without the loan, we would have also backtracked in our projects. We wouldn’t be able to order concrete, buy the materials that we need, and then possibly we would have had to pass some of our work because the workers couldn’t work if we wouldn’t be able to pay. The loan helped us a lot to complete our job and got us back on track. Everything was really great except for the payment term. They could have changed the terms so we could do a monthly payment or twice a month other than me doing the withdrawal every single day. Then we ended paying around $30,000. Nonetheless, I've been satisfied and they were able to give me the help I needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a business loan from Currency Capital that helped me a lot but they don't tell you the fine prints. The loan officer was always in a hurry trying to get you to sign the docs without going through them. (1st time around) I did a short term loan for 6 months and the renewal is coming up in 30 days, So I called them to check if I could take out another loan. I qualified, signed and was ready to go. During the verification process I found out many things that I was not told before signing. (I was trying ask questions before the closing but as always THEY MAKE IT SOUND AS IF THEY ARE TOO BUSY OR IN A HURRY FOR QUESTIONS.)

I cancelled my loan with them immediately and will NOT be using them again. Read the contract before you sign, ask question and don't let them hurry you! I did the mistake of not reading it all (cause they were hurrying me) and almost got myself into a bad situation. Thank God for the verification process.

Currency Capital Company Profile