Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A guy named Anthony called me and said he hadn't heard back about an equipment loan that I had applied for. He said to me "Do you know you have been approved? I was wondering why you didn't respond back?" I said to Anthony, " I didn't know I was approved." He said all I need to do is get my invoiced together and email them over to him. He called the vendor and talked to them several times and the vendor sent him the equipment invoice. I was really pleased at first and excited to get the loan and even offered to send my bank statements to show proof of income. He said I didn't need to get them because they would use the equipment as collateral. I asked him 4 times on a recorded line if he was for sure in stone I was approved and Anthony said yes. So I went out of town for a couple of hours and then came home with no answer. I waited 2 weeks because Anthony said he was waiting on the underwriters to type everything up.

The phone number I called kept going to voicemail with message box full. I called main office number in Los Angeles and they put me on hold each time and said they sent him emails to call me back. A week later which is today someone named Matt pulled up my account and told me they couldn't finance my equipment due to not having any credit. I thought to myself, the guy told me I didn't need credit. He said the equipment was collateral. Then I have everybody waiting for money that he said was approved and can't even call me to say I didn't get the loan? What kind of business is this? They sent me over a contract through DocuSign. He said my equipment had been approved. Why would a finance go through the vendor to get invoices without the customer getting approved?

I read these reviews and even if I didn't have the credit like some of these others it still doesn't make it right to do all that work and lie to a customer, send a contract to make a person think they have the loan and then not have the nerve to answer the phone. If this company is such a great place to work for why would someone that works there do that to a small business that's depending on the word Yes?

When I started out thinking I could get a loan for a customer it all sounded too perfect... They told me they would send me a wire in the next three days after they verified my Business. I told them how urgent they had to pay for the machine they were buying. After two weeks went by they lie to me about 13 times and counting. They are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. They will lie lie lie until you do what they say. So please anyone that ever wants to do business with them please stay away because they will only make your life a living nightmare. All of their reviews are fake Because I know a person that used to work there and they get paid to write fake reviews...

I was exploring both a capital loan and small business equipment "leasing loan". This company charged our business checking account $1507.00 without permission for a loan they never provided that we never agreed to. They made us fill out a "application" online where the document only lasted 60 minutes and was rushed through the application only to be told that this was a contract.

I made several phone calls to request refund for the debit from our account and discussed unprofessional business tactics being told he agreed to this contract and fine print says "we can debit your account just to start working with you." I was told the debit was for first month and last two months for loan we never received. When I tried to provide them with a piece of equipment that we would have liked to use a loan for, they told us it was not adequate. We stated we have no use for this loan if we can not use for this purchase.

Alex ** was the second sales person we dealt with. The first one Mike ** was the one who originally had us complete an application, disappeared after a few days. However Alex ** took over for Mike, was very aggressive and made a number of verbal commitments that were not true just to get us to complete "application" online which apparently gave them right to debit the checking account.

I am just looking for $1507 refund and any other debits made or will be made to be refunded and/or cancelled. When I asked for refund Alex said it was too late and company needed to be paid for their time and effort made despite never actually loaning us any money. This company has very deceptive sales tactics including: telling you one thing over phone like equipment loan versus "lease".

Until I saw the application I was told I would be getting loan to purchase equipment. When they showed me the application which I had to read online with expiring time line there was tons of information and fine print not reviewed by Alex with high pressure to sign. The amount debited $1507 was inappropriately debited from our account with no regard for where we were at in the loan exploration process.

The company name is Currency Cap or http://currencycap.com/. Consumers should be warned about the dealings, aggressive sales tactics, bait and switch techniques, and high pressure application process which is misleads consumers to think it is an application when it is a contract that allows them to debit your account before they do anything. Alex phone number **. I will settle for nothing less than a refund.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The gentleman at Currency Capital that I worked with, Dylan, was very helpful and explained everything to me. In fact, that's the reason I went with Currency. He was awesome, and I really appreciated him. He was there throughout, even late hours of the night if I called and needed something, and he answered all my questions. We worked online, and Dylan asked me for documentation, which I provided. We then went to a third party finance company. With the loan I got, we were able to obtain inventory.

When we learned about Currency Capital, we got in touch with them two months ago. We then decided to go with them because they were quick to act. We talked to their consultant and he was very friendly and answered all our questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

Hi Rachael -

We apologize for any delay from Currency due to internal miscommunication. Currency treats every consumer complaint with the utmost respect and sensitivity. Regarding this specific experience, Currency worked closely with the customer to agree upon a set amount of financing that fell within Currency's standard financing programs. The customer decided that they no longer wished to proceed with the funding process due to an inability to agree upon terms. Currency has seen issued a full refund for the customer.

Once again, we apologize for your experience with Currency. This particular case is not indicative of how Currency conducts business. If you have any further questions or comments, please reach out to our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Avoid this company. Horrible service, liars, took money out of my account without my consent. Now in a big battle to get money back to me. This place is a joke, avoid like the plague. Wish I could rate with negative stars or no stars but that isn't an option.

Hi Darwin,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: The customer expressed in interest in receiving financing from Currency in which a Currency Account Executive worked with the client to begin the funding process. The customer and Currency were working together on obtaining funding for his business. Currency was able to secure an additional $12k more than what was initially asked for by the customer. The customer was approved by Currency and proceeded to go through standard procedures for funding. During this process Currency was obtaining information on the business that was required for the funding process in which the customer hot upset because the process was taking longer than expected. The customer was out of town on vacation so communication was much tougher than normal. Currency was not able to obtain important documents in an orderly fashion so we had to delay on our funding process in accordance with the documentation. The equipment that the customer was purchasing was also being re painted and specialized to the customer’s liking in which Currency had to wait until it was completed to obtain an invoice for the costs from the vendor. Currency maintained complete transparency during our funding process in regards to timing and pricing. Currency informed the customer multiple times that Currency would look into all term length options that would best suit the customer. The customer was well aware that the term was monthly when he signed funding document. The customer is ineligible for a refund due to the fact that the customer uni-laterally pulled out of the completed contract. Currency explained to the customer that we would keep his approval on file for a future purchase of equipment if the customer wanted to continue his funding process.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Currency Capital is as dishonest of a lending company as you will ever find. They contacted me about doing business with them. I normally do my financial business with local banks. But they made it sound like such a great deal you couldn't turn it down. I informed them what I need as far as terms and amount of money needed right away in our first phone conversation. The rep. that I was dealing with was Justin, I told him I wanted annual payments and told him I didn't want to pay any more than 6% interest. Justin said that would not be any problem at all. They informed me a day later that I was all approved to make my equipment purchase plus another $12,000 than what I asked for at the beginning.

After making the purchase is where the trouble really began. It took them forever to get the funds into my account which never happened. They told me I was all approved way in advance and to make that purchase, and then there was nothing but delays and excuses about why it wasn't getting funded. When they sent the paperwork to sign, the payments were monthly not annual like I requested, and the payments were almost double what it should have been. I did the math and the interest rate was 28% not the 6% originally agreed upon and it was a lease agreement not a purchase agreement. I was also dealing with Justin's manager Scott and they both lied every time they moved their lips.

If they were my employees I would fire the both of them on the spot. I told Scott to just forget it, I was tired of all the run around and got funding through my local bank in a 2 minute conversation over the phone. Now they refuse to refund the $1,750 that they took out of my account for the first 2 payments and their expenses. After I told Scott that I no longer need the funding because all the hassles and lies, both Scott and Justin started calling my cell phone none stop for about 15 minutes straight, I wouldn't answer the phone. They kept it up and wouldn't quit and started the next day the same way and lots of emails. Like I said, keep away they are so dishonest!!! So I guess they are keeping my money because they say they are entitled to it. I have all their text messages and emails and voicemails to prove everything.

We tried to get a loan to purchase a dump truck. The company turned the financing into a lease instead. During the process we were told that we would have to make the first and last months' payments upfront. Before we ever had any numbers, they withdrew money from our checking account. Later they told us that they didn't have the numbers correct and needed over $600 more. Finally another payment of over $100 was needed because they again made an error. It was around this time that the lady who was supposed to come for the final inspection of the truck started telling my husband things about this "lease." Among other issues, we discovered that there was going to be another $817 that wasn't in writing in order to complete the lease at the end.

While signing the lease I was worried about the fact that our contract contained a delivery and acceptance document. I asked why I would sign this before we got the truck and I was repeatedly reassured that it was standard procedure and that I would have a chance to review the truck and still back out if need be. We also discovered that the truck, that supposedly worked fine, was in need of major repairs that we could not afford to make if we continued. With our concerns about the lease and the truck itself, we decided that this was not the right move for our company. Our "representative" and his "boss" both told us that we signed a contract so we were not getting our money back. They tried to use that delivery and acceptance document against us.

They obviously didn't feel like that was good enough so they threw in another reason for ripping us off. We had been pre-approved for $12000 and would have to just find something else to buy with that money. They even said that the private party that we were trying to purchase the truck from would have to go out and find us another truck to purchase. They would not give us money back. We protested for weeks until the "boss" finally told us that we could file a claim to be reimbursed. Less than a week later we called and found out that we were DENIED. They have taken almost $2000 from us. It might not sound like a lot but it is huge for our small business. I am desperate to resolve this issue and get our money back!!!

I received $30,000 loan from Currency Capital. It was a very quick financing, which I needed, because bank loans take longer. It was expensive but because of the time issue, I was able to buy the used equipment that I didn’t have the cash for. I saved three times more money than the loan cost me. Their rep was great. However, once the loan was paid off, they didn’t immediately send me a paid-off notice, which was important to me for my other banking things that I do on a regular basis. They made me wait a week and I did not appreciate that. I felt like they weren’t responsive to my needs. But other than that, they were great. Customer service was awesome. It was very worthwhile. Although I’m not happy that I had to waylay other financing because of the delay, I still wouldn’t have been able to purchase the machines that I did without them.

I applied to Currency Capital via email and they called me back. I received a loan for equipment leasing worth $33,000 and it's going to increase my business because I needed the tow truck that I bought. My relationship manager was really helpful and he did pretty good. He called me, tried to get my loan approved and it was quick and done right away. So my experience was great.

Hi Robert,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: The customer expressed in interest in receiving financing from Currency in which a Currency Account Executive worked with the client to begin the funding process. The client agreed to financing terms with Currency and signed a mutually agreed upon contract authorizing Currency to withdraw the funds from the client's account beginning the funding process.

When the client returned from vacation, it came to Currency's attention that client was able to secure the funds from an alternative source to purchase the equipment and wished to no longer receive financing from Currency. Due to the fact that the client unilaterally backed out of the mutually agreed upon contract, the client is not qualified for a refund. Currency still holds an open approval for the customer shall the customer proceed with financing.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. This particular case is not indicative of how Currency conducts business. If you have any further questions or comments, please reach out to our Customer Service Team at CustomerService@currencycap.com.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I was looking to get a loan from them working with this guy William **. Went through all their paperwork, and told them I am going on vacation. While being on vacation they went into my account and stole $1159.00. When I got back, they proceeded to send me a contract to sign. I looked over it and the percentage was too high and terms were not good. I still had no idea they took money from my check and they didn't tell me. After reviewing their proposal I decided that this is not good fit for me. They kept pressing me on to sign the contract, and started calling like crazy, still no email, no voice mail that "hey we already took money out, a fee that we never told you about." So 10 days goes by and I go to reconcile my accounts and there I see they charged me. I call them back and they said, "sign the contract. You are not getting your money back."

I gave them no verbal or written permission to take money out of my account and they gave no indication they would. I gave them my checking info so they can deposit money for a loan for equipment. Instead they wanted me to sign a contract that was a lease and they own the equipment and at the end of the lease they would evaluate how much it is worth and then pay them 10% to buy the equipment off of them at that point on a 17,000 loan, and they wouldn't tell me how they would value the 10% at the end.

I was out of the country from 12/23/16 and got back late at night on 12/27/17. I got back to them on 12/28/17, after having time to review the contract and said this is not a good fit for me. They emailed and didn't say anything about my account having been already charged. Later I found out from the bank, had they told me the bank would have been able to stop the charge that day. I guess they knew better and didn't say anything so the money goes through. Stay away, they will steal money from you, not worth the risk.

Hi Jane,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with Currency. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: The customer had requested services from Currency for both Equipment Leasing and Working Capital and signed mutually agreed upon documents with a Currency Account Executive to move forward on one of Currency's programs. After signing the mutually agreed upon documents, Currency received an email that the customer wanted to cancel the already signed contract. Currency immediately called the customer and asked what changed and what the customer's concerns were. The customer stated that the equipment was too expensive in which Currency recommended the customer and Currency look at a lower price vehicle or a shorter term to reduce total number of payments. The customer stated that she wasn’t interested and wanted to cancel the previously signed contract.

Currency advised the customer that it was too late to cancel the signed contract since the customer had been approved in full and that the customer could apply her payments towards a different piece of equipment or that Currency could provide a separate program to recover the customers payments while the paperwork for the equipment was finalized. Currency presented a separate financing program offer with a repayment discount in which the customer did not accept. Due to a payment rejection from the customer's bank, Currency currently does not hold any of the customer's funds.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Beware of the fine print and the repayment "discount" this company offers. Also, I have been dealing with contracts for 35 years and NEVER have I seen an agreement that did not have the option of opting out of the agreement if it was done within 3-5 business days. I originally had looked at an equipment lease for $37000 which would have cost $20,000 at the end of the lease. After checking into it more, I decided to cancel the agreement. NOT - so far it looks like it's going to cost $2,460 just to opt out the agreement. BEWARE. READ THE FINE PRINT.

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for contacting Currency. We sincerely apologize for the experience you have described. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: Currency and the client discussed the option of financing equipment for the client's business for a number of weeks until the client decided they would purchase two pieces of equipment that would be financed through Currency. The client and Currency mutually agreed to terms and per standard operating procedure, the client had initial funds withdrawn from their account in which they were fully made aware of ahead of time.

After further review of the potential deal, the cost of the equipment to be financed was deemed not large enough to be financed through Currency's current financing programs. This message was immediately relayed to the client and a full refund was processed and sent to the client's address. The client has since received their refund in its entirety.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My patience with Currency has run its course. We are a customer by default, since our account was purchased by Currency on a previous purchase of equipment, of which we have never missed a payment or have been late and are in good standings. And so for more than six months we have been receiving marketing calls from Currency to see if we need any added capital to buy more equipment. We finally caved and agreed to use Currency on our next equipment purchase. After negotiating a rate, and terms, we were approved, and the loan documents were sent via Email and signed via "Docusign". Meanwhile, on Currency's word and approval, we had committed to purchasing two pieces of equipment totaling a mere $6,300.00 or so.

Along with the loan documents, we gave our banking information agreeing that once the transaction was complete Currency would debit the first and last payment of the term. We waited almost a week thinking that the Representative had contacted the sellers and all was moving along. When we heard from one of the merchants demanding to be paid for the item, we called Currency and got no response. After checking our bank account, we found that Currency had taken the payments, and only after leaving a nasty message, got a response from the rep, stating that they had rescinded their approval without explanation, and promised that the payment would be sent immediately for the amount taken.

To date we have not received the payment, and it's going on to almost 3 weeks. Currency it seems, is in the business of taking funds without delivering on its word. They are the epitome of bad lenders. We will never do any further business with the likes of Currency and if we do not have our funds back this week will have no further option except to report this to the proper authorities. People beware of these people, they are not a lender to deal with. We have since purchased the equipment we originally set out to buy, with the help of a reputable lender. "The refund for $370.49 was processed and sent out "... This was the last correspondence from Nolan **, Currency's rep. two weeks ago, The infamous statement that the "check is in the mail".

Currency Capital is great. I had a loan for equipment rental with them and it made my business plan expand. The relationship manager was very pleasant and very easy to talk to.

I had a refinance deal with Currency Capital for a loan that I had through IMCA prior to the funding loan that I recently got from them. It helped me to buy stocks to be prepared for the slow time of the season. It was a very good experience and I appreciate all their help.

I Googled financial firms on the internet when I was trying to find a loan for lawn equipment and went with Currency Capital. It has made my business plans 100% possible because our other mowers were on their last legs and we had to get a new mower or we wouldn't be able to mow. Their rep was awesome, very knowledgeable and if she didn’t know the answer, she got the answer right away. She got back with me 100% of the time in a very timely manner. I was really happy with the experience. However, there were added fees that I wasn’t expecting but it wasn’t that bad. Other than that, I’m happy with them.

Hi Diana,

Thank you for contacting Currency. We sincerely apologize for the experience you have described. After investigating the case further, we have gathered the following details: The customer originally expressed interest in receiving financing from Currency for a box truck in which the customer proceeded with signing funding documents to approve the contract. During the final stages of the funding process, the customer decided not to move forward with their originally chosen vendor.

After deciding to not proceed forward with the customers original chosen vendor, the client decided they wanted to go a different direction wit the businesses and purchase a tractor trailer. Per the clients last conversation with their dedicated Currency Account Executive, the client was still searching for a truck to apply their approved financing towards. Currency's Account Executive attempted to reach the customer multiple times in which their was never a recorded response. The Account Executive never received a follow-up call or email from the client regarding a chosen truck.

Currency's Account Executive has recently reached out to the client and explained that it was our understanding that the client was in the process of searching for new equipment. After learning of the clients decision to not proceed with the funding transaction, the client's Account Executive has filed a refund request to reimburse the customer immediately.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My husband and I applied for a loan. Before finalizing the deal we drove 500 miles to view a truck we were purchasing for our business, to find out it was fraud and there was no truck. When we discussed the matter with Rebecca our agent and advised we wanted to revamp this issue and go another route she explained they would not refund the money they stole in the amount of 1,408.16. This company is a fraud. Not only were we experiencing fraud from the seller but from the loan company too. When asked to justify keeping funds from a deal that was never funded, now we can't get them on the phone. Or a response to emails.

I had a very good experience. Stephanie and Eric made it so easy and stress free. I will be dealing with them when it comes to my business needs in the future! I strongly recommend your company for any business. Thanks again.

I was looking at a piece of equipment on eBay and there was a little button that I clicked on to apply for a financing with Currency Capital. I did an equipment leasing loan with them which has been helpful. I was able to add equipment that I'm gonna need to do a sizable job to start in the next month. Their rep has also been really good. He was easy to talk to and get a hold of so I had no problems at all. I would recommend Currency Capital to a friend.

I got a business loan from Currency Capital. They helped with the capital issue. Without this loan, in the short term, it would be more difficult because of capital issues. It would affect operations. On the other hand, it may have minor effect long term. I spoke with the relationship manager via phone and through email, then sent text messages to one another. The response times were quite good. It was good to know that there was a lender out there who could work with my current financial situation. Overall, it was a good experience. It moved quickly and I would recommend them to someone else if needed.

My cash advance from Currency Capital gave me a quick fix to a couple of issues I had. Overall there isn't anything horrible about it but it wasn’t an excellent experience either. It was pretty arduous as far as the process of it, having a liaison between Currency and then going into actual funding of the business or funding of it through a different company. I also had a lot of unnecessary paperwork digging that wasn’t clarified, which was a hindrance in the process. I would've cancelled it instead of taking any longer, but it’s taken so long that by that time I was pretty desperate.

I was hoping for a traditional loan from Currency Capital but unfortunately, I got a cash advance. Still, it helped with some funding needs for capital expansion. My business performance would have been a little strained without the loan. It would have survived, but the loan made it a little easier. I'm waiting on a response from my relationship manager to an inquiry I sent a couple of weeks ago and I hadn’t heard anything. He's been easy to contact up until this last time.

I sought a business loan from Currency Capital which helped me expand my business and grow my inventory. They got everything out for me and explained to me how to pay it back.

I received a business loan from Currency Capital. It gave me some cash flow that I've much needed at the time. It took some strain off of the issue. I've had a couple of interactions with their rep and these have always been good. My only issue is that when I applied for it, they didn't tell me I was gonna have about four hard pulls on my credit personally, from four different lenders. I lost a hundred points in my credit score. If they would've told me, I would've passed on it. Even their lender that eventually lent me did a soft pull. I'm not really happy about that part.

We were in a struggle and Currency Capital helped us a lot. We got a loan for a vehicle and the person I talked to was friendly, nice and really helpful. They were excellent and if I had the possibility to recommend them I will do so.

I received a standard loan for a truck from Currency Capital. The relationship manager was good and I have no complaints. She was able to answer all my questions and she was easy to contact. It was a positive experience with Currency Capital. It's a little slow to get the loan, but we got it done and that's all that matters. I'm happy.

I got a business loan from Currency Capital. It helped me to buy some new equipment and get my business on the right track. The relationship manager was well put together and he took care of what he’s supposed to take care of. However, I just thought the interest was a little over the top. But overall I had a good working experience with them and they were very efficient.

Hi Darren,

We apologize for your experience with Currency. After investigating the case, we have gathered the following information: The client originally expressed interest in financing with Currency. After agreeing to proceed with the funding process, Currency was able to approve the client for an 18 month contract. The client’s Account Executive worked closely with the client to move the deal forward but the client was unsatisfied with the term length. We appreciate your business and are happy to move forward with the funding process if the client so chooses.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your experience. This experience is not indicative of how Currency conducts business. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (800) -935-2178 or assist@currencycap.com.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I've used them before and everything was fine, but this time the acct. rep was great but, I signed a contract for 36 months, but came back with "we can only do 18 months," putting the payments way too high for my small business. Don't feel like they appreciate return customers. If I treated my customers like this I'd be out of business. I feel like because I'm not doing big money, that not treated the same as the bigger customers.

My leasing loan from Currency Capital has made it easier to afford the equipment I need and be able to get it right away without having to outlay cash. Their staff has been very congenial and they always got back to me.

I have an equipment loan and a personal business loan from Currency Capital. The people working with them were good. They were timely and prompt on getting back to me and let me know what was going on. The loans gave me a little bit more freedom for being able to do some advertising and boost up the office.

Currency Capital Company Profile