Currency Capital

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My experience with Currency Capital has been great. I’ve been in business for 20 years and I’ve always managed. I really didn’t need the money, but it has obviously made things a little bit easier having it available if needed. We do quite a few construction projects and a lot of times we’re out of funds on labor and materials while we wait to get paid. So the loan with Currency Capital has allowed me to fill that gap when needed until I collect on my end. Whereas in the past, I would either just get a cash loan somewhere at a high-interest rate and it was costing me quite a bit on the back end. This loan with Currency Capital is more ideal for those times. The young lady that was helping me out has been great, too. When we did a equipment loan, we were able to do the DocuSign and everything there on the same day and we were able to take care of that fairly quick, as well. She made the whole process very easy and I’ve been happy with the service.

I received a business loan from Currency Capital. I was able to buy the products that I needed for my shop and I was able to have a working capital so that helped. It was a bit easier with capital and everything seems to be going very smoothly so far. But it would have been a little harder if I did not have the loan so I'm very happy with. Currency Capital's rep was also very helpful, very attentive and had a lot of professionalism. It was a great experience overall.

I got a three-year equipment loan from Currency Capital and my experience was efficient. All of my interactions with them were through email and phone calls but there were no problems. The loan has provided the equipment for my business.

I obtained a loan from Currency Capital for a startup business equipment lease. The reps at Currency Capital are all nice. They were responsive to me when I call them with an issue. The fact that I have a startup company without business history and just needed to get the loan with the equipment, it was surprisingly easy to get the loan. It helped supply me with the necessary equipment that I needed to perform my service.

There was one incident that I didn’t like very much though. I was told the first payment of my loan was September 1st. I received my equipment in July and they charged me an interim rent which I didn’t know anything about. The interim rent was not mentioned at all. They just deducted it from my account and I didn’t have a chance to talk to them about it or send it in. I had found out about it after the fact and it was $700 so I was a little pissed off about that. I was blindsided with that. But going forward I thought everything about it was good but I won’t be financing my next deal with them because of that. They should have been fair with me. Overall Currency Capital was accessible but you better read the fine print.

I needed a newer trailer and I got a lease from Currency Capital to purchase it. Dealing with their relationship manager was really good. He was able to explain all the products and made the contract easy to understand for me. I got it all closed and everything went well. However, I had a follow-up question, but I couldn’t get through to them because their phones were messed up. Their computer answering service would say that their voice mail is full every time I called.

It went on for about a month and finally, I got on the internet and got a hold of their headquarters’ 800 number and called every selection on the recording and I got through to the Accounting Department. The guy who picked up the call couldn't really do anything because he's from the Accounting dept, but they were made aware that there was a problem with their phone system and then they got it fixed now. However, there are probably some people I recommended it to who didn’t get the loan because of that phone system problem.

I got a small business loan from Currency Capital and I'm happy I got it. It helped me buy some equipment needed for the business and it was a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency Capital?

I received an equipment financing from Currency Capital. I was leasing a truck before and the loan paid for my first truck. It helped me out pretty good payment wise. Without the loan, my business performance would not be as good. When I first got the loan, I paid $500 on document fees last month for the first month. However, on Friday, they took out some more money out of my account for the old fees and I don't understand what's going on with that. I spoke with somebody about it and I'm still trying to figure out what was going on with this money. Other than that, everything else was good and they were excellent.

I took out equipment financing from Currency Capital and we were able to use it for expansion into some other aspects of the industry. Without the loan, my business would not have improved. The funding was fast and we were able to go into several unique situations like auctions. We also had the credit lines available to fix stuff so that worked out good.

I am opening another insurance agency, my 3rd, having sold my prior two. I opened the doors a few weeks ago and just got my business banking started but am also transitioning my current revenue from the sole pro to the Corp. The staff at Currency Capital was informed of this as well as provided the date of my Incorp. They asked for me to complete their apps and submit my last 4 bank statements. I DID so. Then they come back a day later and tell me that I must have my business bank acct for 4 mos before they will lend to me. I wasted 3.5 hours doing the paperwork and gathering the docs they requested. They wasted my time and money and not even a call to say they were sorry for the inconvenience. The rep was Jenil **, stay clear of her. She doesn't know what she is doing.

We started with our first equipment loan with Currency Capital and we basically jump through hoops. I gave them everything they ask for along the way and they kept asking for more although we were more than qualified. It was a bit of a unique situation with the saunas and the vibration machines because it wasn't an approved vendor as it was coming from China. We figured all that out but then they'd say it was happening but then nothing happened. We're waiting for the computers and iPads but it's been two months and they've already took the money two weeks ago for the first payment. We also didn't get the funds for the saunas and vibration machines until a couple of days ago. It is really frustrating.

The rep who was pushing things through at the end said that it was more of the bank that they were working with. But when I spoke to the girl that was funding the loan at the bank, she said that they're not responsible for taking out first payment, it was Currency. That was last week and now we're pushing on a week and a half and I was wondering where's my stuff. We still don't have the computers and iPad as well. I'm at the point now where I think I've paid enough. We're at a point in our business where we’re growing so quickly and the iPad and the computer are super necessary so I bought them instead.

Alex was our original rep who helped us with a money loan which happened in three days, which is fine. I emailed and called him but I still haven't heard from him. We still don't have the equipment loan happening and it's ridiculous. I don't like getting the runaround. It's fine to wait if they would tell me what's going on and stop asking me for new things. I messaged Alex yesterday that they need to refund us for the difference of the first and last payment. They also need to send me a new document signed and edited that it would just be saunas and vibrations machines and cancel the iPads and computers. Overall, the money loan went smoothly but the equipment loan did not.

I already have a lift but I upgraded to one I could work off a little better than the one I have. I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital and it helped out a lot. We’ve done the receipt about a month and it took a month before I saw the lift. When I bought it, they wouldn’t let it go. United had ended up with it and had to do some work to it. They got to go through all their tests and they got to check it all out before they'll let it go. Other than that, it was good service. I was impressed with Currency Capital but I was a little scared at first because I’ve never done the DocuSign and especially when I’m giving them all these information I shouldn’t be giving. Overall, it was an easy experience. They were kind and courteous to me and made sure I was taken care of.

We started a new way to create profit through another branch of our business that we weren’t involved in and there was a market for it. So, we got a business loan from Currency Capital to purchase new equipment. There was a lot of interaction with their employee and it was great at first but we’re still not done. I was sent all the DocuSign agreements to read through, what I was paying for, what it was going to cost me and how much I was borrowing. And then I’ve called Kenneth last night at Currency Capital. I left a personal message on his voicemail because I have a $50,000 piece of equipment sitting here that I can’t register and can’t use. I’ve received my equipment, but I was told it’s going to take five days for registration and title package so I can put it on the road. I’ve not received that or anything from the accounting or financing department in regards to the payment plan and when will it be deducted from my account and we’re now into it for over a month.

It's frustrating because I do not have any information at all. So other than the initial down payment that I paid, my first and last month’s payment, the next payment was set to come out within the next few days, and I don’t have anything legally on paper that says I have 20 payments left at this amount. There is no invoice or anything like that. I would like to have something from them. At the beginning, getting the money was the easy part. And then now that they have already taken care of me and moved onto the next guy they can sign up, then I’m in the background. I’m not upset with them by any means though.

We got a loan through Currency Capital for a mower for our business. It was truly the worst customer experience I have ever had. Agents were pushy to get the loan done and were very transparent about loan details. We had deductions coming out of our checking account before we even had the mower in our possession. We were passed off to different people that I feel just told us what we wanted to hear for that moment. They took out in a one month period 19% of the mowers worth. We ended up closing our checking account so they could not deduct any more money without our knowledge.

I got a loan from Currency Capital which was mostly for marketing expansion for digital advertising and internet sales. CC has helped to cover my business plans all right but the terms on how to pay them back were harsh. They automatically take $83 a day out of my account. It takes time to make money work for me and I'm not totally set up on the internet yet. I would’ve liked to have some easier terms. I appreciate what they’ve done and what they’re doing but it really wasn't enough, only enough to get started. With easier terms, I could have the business going a bit better and even though sales started coming in, the payment would have been easier for me.

In addition, I received a statement in May, but not for June or July. Apparently, I don't have an online account set up so I can go on and look at what I've done, and that would’ve been nice. Other than that, the relations manager was good. He answered emails promptly and resolved a couple of issues with getting set up. Overall, my experience was okay.

I tried to get a truck loan on the internet and somebody from Currency Capital contacted me after checking one truck. However, I got a bad experience with them because now it's a mess. They offered me a loan but after we drew all the paperwork, they told me it's a lease. I never asked for a lease. I don't know how the lease works but now a company takes money from my account. I don't know if they are the same company or a different one. But I have called the telephone number four or six times and nobody answered. I don't want to deal Currency Capital again because I can't speak with anybody there.

Our loan with Currency Capital will help us grow our business tremendously. I used the funding to get a vehicle on the road. Basically, we just purchased a vehicle and put the logos on it. Without the loan, the business performance would've been a slugger. We would've gotten there eventually, but it would have taken a few more months.

The entire experience was very friendly. All of the guys I dealt with were on top of their game. They got back to me fast and they walked me through a couple of questions I had. Everything was good and I'm definitely keeping them on the line if there’s something I need. The only thing is, they cost an arm and a leg. It's probably perfect for any other businesses, but ours is family-owned and we're not getting into the hundreds of thousands yet. Recuperating the funds takes a little while but once we do, it’s all ours and we don’t have to pay anybody else.

Currency Capital contacted me and I got from them an equipment loan which I used to buy a truck. My business wouldn't be what it is right now without the loan. But it was not good with the relationship manager of Currency Capital. We had an agreement with something and when I sent the contract, they wanted me to switch. I would never ask for anything else from Currency ever again or recommend it to anybody.

I received equipment financing from Currency Capital and it enabled us to buy a piece of software that saves me 20 hours a week of a $100 an hour person. They were easy to deal with and the process was very quick. The loan was definitely beneficial and it's saving us a fair amount of money.

I had a good experience dealing with Currency Capital. I had a business loan from them for a trailer. It allowed me to get some new equipment to do my job. Payment is automatically debited out of my account each month and I got along good with the account manager. I don't talk to them at all but they send me email sometimes.

I saw Currency Capital online with the heavy equipment. I had no way to get a gravel pit going, but the loan got me an excavator so that I could do what I need to do and get people in there to buy gravel. David, their relationship manager, was super. Anything I ask of him, he gives me an answer within an hour. He knows what he's doing. Currency Capital was honest, upfront and let me know what's going on before I start.

With my loan from Currency Capital, I was able to get the equipment I needed for some startup stuff. However, the staff wasn’t great. The way that they stated things didn't make sense to me and I didn't understand how things went through at the end of the payment and repayment of the loan, so I don’t think I will get a loan with them ever again.

The loan I got from Currency Capital gave me a truck to operate with. Without this loan, my business would be about $150,000 a year less. Their relationship manager was extremely knowledgeable and they have done what they were supposed to do. Everything went smoothly and I have recommended them.

I got a loan for equipment from Currency Capital and it helped in adding more income to my business. The relationship manager that I worked with went above and beyond. He got me approved and within the price range I was trying to pay each month. Everything was great. Currency Capital will work to get you the loan. If they can find it, they’ll do it.

Financing equipment with Currency Capital was the biggest pain in the ** I've ever had. I tried financing my equipment with three-year note biannual payments, and their representative said that would work fine. And so, I signed an 11-page contract online that never had any mention of the terms or of the annual percentage rate. Thereafter, I found out that my first payment came out of my checking account before I ever signed the note. Furthermore, I was to pay $50 that didn't go towards the note but rather, as a carrying service. Currency Capital apologized for the delay as the loan was taken out of house. It was a big runaround. While I ended up getting a monthly term, it was still a terrible experience. I'll never finance with them again.

I got an equipment leasing from Currency Capital and it has helped save in cost. It also helped me to be more efficient as far as the timeliness when I have the equipment myself, I can work on my own schedule instead of having to rely on someone else. Also, the relationship manager went through the process step by step for me instead of me having to figure out the whole process on my own. He told me what he exactly needs me to do or what they were going to do so, I could have things ready for the next part of the process. He did the packaging of everything together and it was easier because he knows the way they are looking for things so he was able to put it together in the order they need it.

I got a business loan from Currency Capital and so far, it has helped me land some jobs, find material for jobs and pay for some labor. If not for them, money would be a little tighter. My experience was okay in terms of interacting with their relationship manager. I talked to him one day, he emailed me and it went well. Overall, Currency Capital was a nice company and they were very helpful. The only thing I don't like is that they take $76 a day out of my bank account, but that's part of the payment.

I got a small business loan from Currency Capital. I made a machine and I financed it with them. And then, they processed the loan quickly and it helped a lot. Their relationship manager was unbelievable. He explained everything to me and he followed up, too. In fact, I got a mail from him the other day to see how’s the equipment. So far, they’re doing fine and they’re beautiful. Overall, I was very satisfied with this company.

I wanted to purchase a vehicle on eBay plus a trailer from another vendor. This is eBay's preferred lender and I was redirected and called immediately. I explained to agent Alex what my plans were, and they offered to help. The combined total was around $20k. The whole process has been handled in a very amateur way, with excuses, and passing the buck.

6 weeks later, Currency Cap have lost both titles, have not registered the vehicles, they are not licensed to drive because I can't get plates. Neither vendor that the vehicles came from have ever heard or experienced the way Currency Cap do business when buying vehicles. It should have been as simple as us having the title, with Currency Cap as a lien holder. I could have then got everything done within 48 hours, not 48 days. Watch out for their upfront & paperwork charges, They change! I have paid the 2 months upfront payments, the $500+ fees, another monthly payment, and yet I still had to rent a Uhaul Truck, which was the reason I got the vehicles in the first place. I will be seeking legal advice to sort this mess out. Very unhappy.

We needed equipment that’s necessary for our production but it was out of our budget to just outright purchase it. We searched and Currency Capital popped up as an option for equipment plan. It was really instrumental.

Currency Capital is the lender of choice with IronPlanet.com, which is an auction website for heavy equipment. The loan application process was easy. Currency Capital guided me through an electronic signature process on the DocuSign website and I signed electronically on my phone. However, I didn’t have the ability to save the PDF for future reference and the document was not accessible to me after I signed it. I'm a contractor and my days are hectic and crazy, so during the day I often don’t have time to look at details. Everything was fine except for the most important thing to me as a consumer, which was understanding the details of the loan or the interest rate and the financing.

The interest rate was misrepresented and ended up being 30%. The selling agent said the interest rate was only gonna be 4%. She told me not to worry, that since it's a lease, I can write off all of my lease amount every month in my tax filings. After I had already signed everything, I emailed her asking for what the numbers were again, she wouldn’t reply to my email or answer my calls. I've done business with so many lenders already and that was the one that screwed me. Overall, the experience wasn’t great in terms of transparency and disclosures. I was very dissatisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 4, 2017

After bad experience and review I was contacted by the company representative unexpectedly. I really thought bad about this company. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that company views and operation is totally different of what I experienced with this one loan specialist and his supervisor. I had all my money back since I did not finance my purchase with the company. All my problems and complains was resolved.

I am giving 4 stars just because if not this complain I would have no means to find main branch contacts or phone number and reach to higher authority myself.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I won Sprinter van on eBay. eBay had link to financing company right on the winning page, so instead going to my bank I clicked on that link. Set up was easy, with just a few changes. They told, they can't make it as a financing but they will do lease with an option to buy. Instead of 36 months as promised initially they told that they can do only 24 month lease. We agreed on that. Before even finalizing all the paperwork they charged first and last month payment from my bank account saying that they are trying to speed up process. After payment was charged questions regarding insurance arise which we could not agree on. We had to stop dealing with them because we could not afford the loan anymore and asked to return money for the 2 monthly payments they charged for the loan it was never finalized.

We offered them to keep paperwork fee only. This company did not return our payments, did not email us back with explanations or representative did not return calls. When talked with our rep Alex I asked to talk to manager and was told that they do not provide name or phone # of the managers because they are very busy. BE CAREFUL, it is not the company you want to do business with.

Currency Capital Company Profile