4.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Currency Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

We contacted Currency Capital to purchase a trailer. We like to pay cash, but we were kinda in a hard place. Our trailer that we had was gonna have to be replaced immediately. But the lending process turned out to be very slow. I got online, filled out the thing, and it wound out being Currency. I didn’t hear back from anyone for two weeks. The week before I tried to call and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. It went to a voicemail, and then so I waited a while. I just kinda left it alone.

And then our trailer broke down. We lost all the brakes and it was gonna cost us five grand just to replace the whole system. And I thought that we needed another trailer anyway as a back-up, so I just went and called them. I finally got ahold of a guy and he was really great. I told him it has been two weeks, and I’ve not heard from anyone. And he said, “I see your thing. You’ve been approved. Nobody’s contacted you?” And I said no. He told me I left it blank on the salesperson. I said, “I was in San Antonio that day, but I live in Oklahoma, and I didn’t put someone down. The guy that helped me was wonderful.

He helped us right away, and then the guy that I was working with to get the loan situated and everything was great. Once we figured out a dealership, they said, “Come on over.” So, we drove. It was two hours, and he still had not heard from Currency by the time I got there in two hours. And we hadn't got any paperwork or anything. And so, he started calling and finding out what the hold-up was. I think what happened is that it was lunchtime.

Currency helped us out tremendously. We were able to get the trailer we need in emergency. So, doing it all in one day, it helped us from not failing. Because if we were still having to pull the old trailer, it probably would've been in the shop for three weeks is what I was told, and it was gonna cost me about five grand. The guy that finally helped us made it happen. He told us upfront everything to expect and what to do. The only other thing that has been kind of a hold-up is that once it went through I didn’t hear anything for a while.

So, I called the day that I got an email saying my loan was gonna be due on the 7th of this month, and I hadn't heard anything. I contacted them to make sure I wasn’t gonna get a late fee. That’s been my biggest concern. I don’t want that. But finally, yesterday, I got an email saying that my payment’s gonna be taken out any time. People are busy and I know there can be some delays, but their communication could be a little bit better with the client, especially if I’m calling for questions. I got the runaround a little bit until I got some answers.

But I would recommend them. My husband and I only been in business for a year now. I didn’t think we’d qualify. And it’s not a loan. It’s more a lease. Interest is a little high. But my goal is I’m going to try to take $2,000, 2,500 a month, and I’m gonna try to get it paid off within the sixth month. Everything's been fixed. We're finally getting the payments down on time. The first time wasn't on time but we didn't get a penalty. They've been real good to fix the issue and get it done. So I do appreciate that.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was gonna buy a loader and Currency Capital was on the company’s website. I got an equipment loan and the process was great. In the heavy equipment business, when you’re trying to buy used equipment, sometimes it’s very difficult. It takes days and days. The guy from Currency did it in 15 minutes or less. It was quick. The manager was a good guy and it was an awesome interaction. He was very professional and he knew exactly what to do to take care of what I needed.

The loan freed up the money we had in the bank to catch up on other stuff, rather than having to come up with a huge down payment. It was impressive. We’ve been in the business for 30-something years and we’ve got a good reputation, and still, for a used equipment, sometimes it’s hard to borrow money. They don’t wanna loan money on it. We’ve always done very well but it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call these guys and it’s done. I don’t have to come up with my tax returns. So many companies make me jump through hoops. I would recommend Currency.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had an equipment loan from Currency Capital, and the piece of equipment I bought was a key component to help me reach my midrange customers. I have big equipment for those bigger places that I go to. But the truck that I bought allows me to get into the smaller customers I had a more hard time getting to with the big equipment. The manager I worked with was easy to get in contact with, and if he doesn’t have his phone, he calls me back within an hour. And through the phone call, I already knew that I was approved. It was just a matter of them running it through the underwriter. In fact, I had an easy transaction with Currency Capital.

As far as going to a local bank and trying to get a loan for a piece of equipment, you have to bring your firstborn child. They want every stitch and piece of information in the world all the way down to what your kid’s allowance is. With Currency Capital, they’re free-willing with giving out a loan. When you work with farmers and ranchers, a lot of stuff is seasonal. At the end of the day, there’s gonna be a big cash influx, but you can’t get there without that piece of equipment. So, it definitely makes it easier to work with somebody who understands that. I already recommended Currency Capital to people.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I looked for a trailer and when I saw the one I wanted, there were options to finance it or get a quote. I followed the prompts and the next thing I knew, I got a call from Currency Capital. I wound up getting two loans from them. First, they sent me 15,000 because I didn’t have the downpayment and I was waiting on a check from my insurance company for my last trailer settlement. The other loan was the financing for the trailer. If I didn't get the loan from Currency Capital, I would have had to try finding something older and cheaper, like a $10,000 or $20,000 trailer. I would have had to diminish my savings or my business money which would have put me in a very scary spot if anything major breaks down. I would have no money to get the trailer repaired and would have to rely on credit cards with high interest rates.

Though the knucklehead I bought the trailer from was a paranoid person who wanted a certified bank check instead of the business check that Currency Capital sent him. With their rep Dodge, things were great. He was very well-spoken, very knowledgeable. He worked hard on getting things done for me in a quick manner.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was shopping around for a machine. I got Currency Capital through the people who I was looking to buy my skid steer. They’re the ones that set me up with them. Connor was great and acted professionally. He got back with me and he did most the work. I never had to worry about contacting him. They acted fast and I couldn’t believe a loan could go through like that. It ended up taking a month. The loan helped me buy a skid steer that was for snow removal, leveling out the ground. We’ve already had six feet of snow drifting in front of the building. My business would have been closed for an extra day or two.

Everything was awesome except for when I was told the payments were gonna come out which was supposed to be February. They took it out in January and December so I was a little bit upset. It was only supposed to be 435 and the first one was 489. I'm gonna call them about it to find out what’s going on. But I had a good experience. Currency did a great job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I got a 36-month loan with Currency Capital and it has been a good experience. It was an simple and easy process. Everything went smooth. The reps were knowledgeable, straightforward and everything you hope good employees would do to respond and really communicate with the customer. The loan helped our cash flow, where I was able to buy equipment and build our business plan. And cashflow is a big issue within small starting businesses like us.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

The term loan for an enclosed trailer that I got through Currency Capital allowed me to get the equipment that I needed to add on another service onto my business. Without the loan, it would've still happened, but it would've been a heck of a lot more aggravation. So it would've probably costed me 10 hours a week, which would've costed me about $300 a week. My interaction with the Currency Capital relationship manager was very short, easy, quick and pleasant. Also, the manager's professionalism and knowledge were spot-on. It was great.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I got a loan with Currency Capital for a semitruck. The manager that I worked with was good. The loan gave me the ability to buy the truck so I could lease it to a company and start running and making money. If I hadn't gotten the loan, I wouldn't have been able to get my truck, and I wouldn't have been able to be my own boss. I was happy that I was able to finance the trucks so that I could go to work as my own boss, and make the money that I feel like is there to be made.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had first applied for a trailer with another trading company, and they gave me the runaround for about a month. They kept not responding back to emails, not letting me know what was going on and I didn’t know that it shouldn’t take that long to get on it for a trailer. They screwed me over and messed me over with a lot of money. Currency helped me out in 24 hours and helped me stay afloat, which really saved me so I'm grateful. Everything went so fast, I didn’t believe it. We're getting out about three weeks now, so everything is slowly growing. I'm waiting ‘til everything gets booming and I'm gonna go through Currency again for a second trailer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got a loan from Currency Capital for a piece of equipment. It has enabled us to double the amount of work we can do. Their rep was absolutely awesome. He was able to help me with a lot of different ideas and what I thought I needed. He actually came up with some other options that I wouldn't have even thought about. We had to really work for it to get everything done where it would coincide time-wise with when the lift was ready. It was a very easy transaction compared to going through my regular bank. My regular bank was wanting to see the lift, which was in North Carolina.

Currency expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

• Best for: Small to mid-sized businesses, local businesses and expanding businesses seeking small business loans, equipment financing, equipment leasing and working capital.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg