4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Currency is the global leader in online business financing. With over a decade of experience in large equipment lending, Currency has now expanded its product line to supply any type of business with the funding they need to grow.

Business owners seeking financing simply need to visit Currency Marketplace and answer a few questions to find out the various lending options they’re approved for. Our partners include eBay, IronPlanet, and Proxibid (among numerous others), who are providing endless buying power to thousands of customers.

Buying and selling equipment takes a lot of work. We think financing shouldn’t. Call 855-976-0560 to learn more today.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

516 Currency Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was gonna buy a loader and Currency Capital was on the company’s website. I got an equipment loan and the process was great. In the heavy equipment business, when you’re trying to buy used equipment, sometimes it’s very difficult. It takes days and days. The guy from Currency did it in 15 minutes or less. It was quick. The manager was a good guy and it was an awesome interaction. He was very professional and he knew exactly what to do to take care of what I needed.

The loan freed up the money we had in the bank to catch up on other stuff, rather than having to come up with a huge down payment. It was impressive. We’ve been in the business for 30-something years and we’ve got a good reputation, and still, for a used equipment, sometimes it’s hard to borrow money. They don’t wanna loan money on it. We’ve always done very well but it’s nice to know that I can pick up the phone and call these guys and it’s done. I don’t have to come up with my tax returns. So many companies make me jump through hoops. I would recommend Currency.

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had an equipment loan from Currency Capital, and the piece of equipment I bought was a key component to help me reach my midrange customers. I have big equipment for those bigger places that I go to. But the truck that I bought allows me to get into the smaller customers I had a more hard time getting to with the big equipment. The manager I worked with was easy to get in contact with, and if he doesn’t have his phone, he calls me back within an hour. And through the phone call, I already knew that I was approved. It was just a matter of them running it through the underwriter. In fact, I had an easy transaction with Currency Capital.

As far as going to a local bank and trying to get a loan for a piece of equipment, you have to bring your firstborn child. They want every stitch and piece of information in the world all the way down to what your kid’s allowance is. With Currency Capital, they’re free-willing with giving out a loan. When you work with farmers and ranchers, a lot of stuff is seasonal. At the end of the day, there’s gonna be a big cash influx, but you can’t get there without that piece of equipment. So, it definitely makes it easier to work with somebody who understands that. I already recommended Currency Capital to people.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I looked for a trailer and when I saw the one I wanted, there were options to finance it or get a quote. I followed the prompts and the next thing I knew, I got a call from Currency Capital. I wound up getting two loans from them. First, they sent me 15,000 because I didn’t have the downpayment and I was waiting on a check from my insurance company for my last trailer settlement. The other loan was the financing for the trailer. If I didn't get the loan from Currency Capital, I would have had to try finding something older and cheaper, like a $10,000 or $20,000 trailer. I would have had to diminish my savings or my business money which would have put me in a very scary spot if anything major breaks down. I would have no money to get the trailer repaired and would have to rely on credit cards with high interest rates.

Though the knucklehead I bought the trailer from was a paranoid person who wanted a certified bank check instead of the business check that Currency Capital sent him. With their rep Dodge, things were great. He was very well-spoken, very knowledgeable. He worked hard on getting things done for me in a quick manner.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was shopping around for a machine. I got Currency Capital through the people who I was looking to buy my skid steer. They’re the ones that set me up with them. Connor was great and acted professionally. He got back with me and he did most the work. I never had to worry about contacting him. They acted fast and I couldn’t believe a loan could go through like that. It ended up taking a month. The loan helped me buy a skid steer that was for snow removal, leveling out the ground. We’ve already had six feet of snow drifting in front of the building. My business would have been closed for an extra day or two.

Everything was awesome except for when I was told the payments were gonna come out which was supposed to be February. They took it out in January and December so I was a little bit upset. It was only supposed to be 435 and the first one was 489. I'm gonna call them about it to find out what’s going on. But I had a good experience. Currency did a great job.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I'm so grateful that the people at Currency Capital really held my hand through the whole process and I would absolutely recommend them. I was purchasing an equipment and my contact at Red gave me a shortlist of loan companies to go through. Currency Capital was one of the three that I checked with and was able to offer me more bang for the buck. What Currency offered, no one else offered and I related that to the people at Red. My contact at Red wasn't aware of Currency's offers and they were surprised. So they said they are definitely going to mention that to other people who are interested in buying and getting a loan.

My experience working with Currency Capital was just stellar. They communicated with me as a human and not so much as a client. They could have easily talked to me in a way that was strictly business and maybe our conversations would have been five minutes. My experiences have been good with everybody but in particular, the associate I worked with, Remy, really took the time to explain things to me. We had conversations back and forth and we'd be on the phone sometimes for half an hour. I enjoyed that. I was able to connect with him and through connecting with him, I was able to connect with their company. I felt better about going through with them because this has been, by far, the largest loan I've ever taken out but when I can talk things out to somebody, I feel more comfortable. And Remy listens. That really gave me peace of mind.

Remy also made himself available even when he wasn't in Massachusetts. When he was with his fiancée in Florida, he still followed up on phone calls that he promised me he would make even while he was away from work. So I'm really happy that their company was suggested to me and that I went with them. Remy and his people at Red made the experience fun and exciting for investing so much money that I'll be paying off for a while. Currency Capital also made it very easy. Now, all I have to make sure is that I've got enough money in my account then they automatically withdraw it so I don't need to think about it. Usually, I'm a little bit skeptical about that but everything seems to be going fine now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Currency?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I wanted to buy a trailer and I was gonna use cash, but the guy that works at Happy Trailer Sales told me about Currency Capital. The loan that I got from Currency helped me with the equipment, and my business would've gone a lot slower without that loan. Applying was super easy. I was working and I couldn’t get to it right away, but we got it done in a day and everything was submitted and approved. The reps were professional and I had a very good experience with them.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I received an equipment loan from Currency Capital and it helped me get the trailer that I needed for the freight that I am pulling. Without that loan, my business would be a little harder. The relationship manager was really good and she took care of the loan. It was an easy process. I filled out the application online and they responded back quickly. Then, they linked me up with a sales rep and she walked me through the rest of the process. Once I found some equipment, I shot the sale invoice to her and she took care of it.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I am an owner operator. I had older trucks before but I stopped for around four years. I restarted one more time with a truck and took a financing loan from Currency Capital. It's good, but maybe leasing is better. I had a good interaction with the person I talked to. Plus, I received attention for my application for the credit. It was an okay experience.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital on the auctions all over the internet and I got an equipment loan from them. I was already approved from last year and the funding was very quick. It was no more than two days. When I don't have extra cash, that's when I go to Currency. It’s the way to go and I’m satisfied.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was looking at purchasing a piece of equipment off MachineryTrader and when I pressed the financing tab, Currency Capital came up. I applied for a loan and they called me back. There were a couple of caveats that we had to figure out and then they approved me. But then, when I called the dealer, the equipment I was gonna purchase was already sold. A little time passed and I found another seller who was an individual. I called Currency Capital's agent and told him I wanted to do the purchase. He told me I was already approved and that there were just a few more steps. He asked me if I wanted to proceed. Still, he was able to get the loan done pretty quickly.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital through Trade-a-Plane and I obtained airplane purchase financing from them. Their application process was simple and straightforward. Their rep was a real pleasure to work with. She was very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. She even had a fair amount of resources to get me other information. Overall, Currency Capital is great. They expedited the financing process really quickly which we really appreciated. We have to travel a fair amount for work and the airplane gives us the ability to do that. Without the loan, it would have been difficult for us.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I buy a lot of equipment which is online at times. I pay cash for it and in there, they said, “Finance equipment with 0% interest.” So, it caught my eye and with the taxes that were pretty hard in the past, I decided to finance it so that I’m not short of capital. I did the equipment financing loan with Currency. But, I have not finished my transaction with them yet and my plan is to pay them off right away. I was able to deal with a good person and he was very professional. We had a very positive and very good interaction. They were really helpful too.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Currency Capital was in the paper when I was looking for a truck, then it was linked to the company. I got a loan for buying the truck and the person who worked with me was good but the loan process took two weeks. We had some issues with the dealer who was selling the truck but the rep used all the power he could to finish the loan fast. I was very satisfied and it was a very good experience.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I heard about Currency Capital through the trailer dealer and I got an equipment loan from them. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to operate. I was able to purchase the equipment and I’m fine with the service. Obtaining the loan was short and quick. Plus, the interaction with the manager was good and she was professional. Working with Currency gave me the ability to grow the business and people should go for it.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was buying a trailer for a semi and iTAG Equipment, the people I bought the semi from, set me up with Currency Capital. I got an equipment loan which made it possible to run my semi in all states. I couldn’t do it before because I didn’t have a trailer. Everything was quick and awesome with the loan. I was approved the same day, but the whole process took two days. It was as easy as could be but there was money taken out of my account that I was not aware of. Apparently, it was in the contract but I have never seen it there. Other than that, everything was amazing. The interaction with the manager was all good. Sometimes, he was a little harder to get ahold of than I would like, but that was just business. Everybody’s busy. There were a few hiccups but Currency is the best experience I’ve had so far.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Currency Capital was easier to work with than any other company. I learned about them on the website of Happy Trailer where I purchased my trailer from. I got an equipment loan from Currency Capital and had an excellent experience with their rep. The application process took about a week and everything was so easy and smooth.

Original review: April 8, 2019

When I looked up AuctionTime, I was interested in purchasing a piece of equipment and I needed financing. I purchased a truck and instead of monthly payments, I paid it off. I applied to Currency Capital and the application process was easy and straightforward. It was a day or two that I knew that I was qualified. The manager was very straightforward and would get back to me and answer my questions if had them. The loan gave me a chance to build my credit on the business side. I was struggling to find a way to establish some credit for my business, but they gave me a chance to build business credit up, to where I can do more in the future. My business performance would have been flat without the loan.

Original review: March 30, 2019

We went to buy a trailer for operations and we used Currency Capital to finance that purchase. I bought the trailer with a loan from them, but without it I would have gone to finance it somewhere else. Our experience with Currency Capital was very good before we got the loan and in the process of getting the loan, but it was very bad after we got the loan. At the beginning, when we were trying to get the loan, they were very good and efficient. They approved the loan quickly. But it's the after service which was not very good. Once we got the loan, it was like everybody disappeared. They were disorganized. The interactions that we had with the relationship manager were horrible. Since the day that I got that loan last year, I still don’t have a contract and the terms. I have no idea what my interests are, what type of loan I got, and how many years I'm gonna have that loan. I don’t have anything in my email or in my regular mail.

I changed the debit card back in November. They only call when they can't process a payment and I gave them the card. But this is the fifth time that I've given them the same debit card and told them, "Here's the card. Process the payment and then please update your system." They send me a form and I send it back, but then the next month is the same. Every single month I get behind on the payment because they haven't updated the credit card. Then they want me to go over that again. So, I'm not happy with them. I've gotta get rid of that trailer because it doesn’t work for me anymore and I bought something bigger. So, eventually I'll sell it and pay the loan off.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I am 100% satisfied with Currency Capital. They did a great job. The truck dealership directed me to them when I applied for financing for a truck. The loan that I got from Currency Capital allowed me to purchase the truck and trailer that I was looking for. They found out what my best options were. The relationship manager who helped me through the process was great. He kept me up-to-date as much as he could. Every time we're moving one step or another, he stayed in contact with me and kept me abreast to every step that was being made.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I was looking on a heavy equipment site and out of curiosity, I punched in the numbers to see what the monthly would be, how much I would put down, and so on and so forth, and Currency Capital contacted me back. Getting the loan helped me not to have to come up with all of the upfront. I could have done that but it would've put me in a bind. The reps were very diligent. It was a little difficult on my part since my business is not conventional but they worked with me and got the underwriter what he needed to make it happen. They were very helpful and persistent to get me what I needed. They knew what they were doing and they asked all the right questions. The process took less than a month but a lot of it was on my part since I was constantly on the road.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When I called the number in the Currency Capital ad, I dealt with Ryan. He was very courteous and efficient. He got right on to the situation and he worked right through the whole process. He handled everything and I was able to obtain an equipment loan for a truck tractor. Working with him was the best experience I’ve had in sales. He took care of everything for me. Currency Capital is supporting my business right now. I didn’t have to go looking anywhere for a loan. Everything was handled right through the same group of people. The only thing I’m waiting on now is for the Powell equipment to come in. Currency Capital has an excellent process and they have helped my business enormously, which naturally helps my life.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The equipment loan I got from Currency Capital allowed me to buy a trailer so I could go to work. Without the trailer, I wouldn’t be able to haul a freight. I’m happy and my experience was excellent. Give them a call.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We got a short-term loan from Currency Capital. It’s a 12 months loan for a 100 grand. We started a large job. We needed something to keep us floating until the first payments came in. It kept us going where we had a little gap in our cash flow. Had we not received the loan, we would be struggling a little bit to make our payments with fuel, equipment and payroll. Currency Capital's application process was painless and I got approved within 48 hours. It was fast. I was also impressed that the representatives were familiar with the construction world.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We have a rock quarry and we're all passed out of our money. one of our pieces of equipment went down and Currency Capital loaned us money to get a jackhammer when we couldn't get it at our bank. They understood rock quarries and mines when our bank didn’t. Without the loan, we would have lost everything. Working with Currency Capital was really good and we appreciate everything they did for us. Other people should go for them.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I bought a company in July and I badly needed a piece of equipment. If not for the equipment loan from Currency Capital, it would have been more difficult because the equipment that we had was very outdated. Jack, the manager from Currency Capital, was terrific and he was a no-mess around guy. I asked the questions and he gave me the answers. The application process was simple whereas my own bank was driving me crazy with round upon round of documents that they requested. It got to the point that my bank wanted me to give them a resume of mine. I finally told them that I couldn’t spend time doing stuff that I didn’t see as necessary. I knew that there were rules but they went beyond. I originally approached them, but it got to the point of being ridiculous. Currency Capital has it the way it should be. They’re doing the right stuff because I dealt with a traditional bank and it'll probably be one of the last times that I do that.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I got a loan from Currency Capital and it provided us with the necessary equipment to perform the job. If not for that, I would have had to go elsewhere. The manager helped us greatly all along the way and I speak very highly of him. The application process was simple and the entire process took a couple of days. We were back and forth with some papers and so forth, but we got it. I'm very pleased with my experience with Currency Capital and I would do it again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Currency Capital was put towards me when I was looking to purchasing the trailer and I liked everything about it. It was easy and there were no hassles. In addition, the rep was very pleasurable to work with and very understanding. The process took 36 hours from start to finish and the loan I got helped tremendously. It helped me get into business even more.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I worked with Currency Capital on a loan and they did great. They are one of the first loan companies that I had that was upfront with everything and explained things really well. Plus, the process didn’t take long at all. We did everything over the phone and once we got it going, it just took about three days. They also got good customer service. They guided me through everything and chalked me up with the paperwork. The lady there was very nice and she helped me through the docu sign and we got it done.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I had a credit app online with a trailer company and from there, Currency Capital contacted me. Their process was swift, easy, and quick. I have dealt with other companies in the past and they wanted everything from your bank statement to your firstborn. But with Currency Capital, everything was finalized within 24 hours of them contacting me and their reps were excellent.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Currency Capital had very competitive interest rates and they were able to get me financing quickly. The pre-qualification only took a few days, then once we got into the actual loan part, the process took about three weeks. And there was no delay. Every time there was an action in their court, it was handled quickly and returned back to me. I also had questions that were immediately answered. There was a person that I could call, Cathy, and she always picked up the phone. She was very helpful and she helped me understand how the finance company and the title company worked. She guided me through the title process and she was great.

Currency expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Currency Capital was founded in 2009 to save faltering businesses in the wake of the economic crisis. The company’s goal is to give business owners a range of financial options and to promote the health of the small business community. Currency Capital is a member of the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA).

• Products: Premier Platinum Card Program for pre-qualified customers for easy access to capital. Loans for a variety of business needs; equipment leasing, working capital, small business loans and equipment financing. Flexible loans tailored to the client’s needs.

• Interest rates: Competitive rates based on term and equipment cost.

• Service: Currency Capital relationship managers meet strict hiring requirements and are able to offer borrowers creative and effective financing solutions.

• Borrower qualifications: Credit score is not the only factor considered when granting a loan. Borrowers are considered on a case-by-case basis, and Currency Capital reviews many factors when making a loan.

• Fast approval process: After completing a quick application, borrowers may receive funding in as short as one day.

• Large loan limits: Currency Capital funds loans up to $1,000,000 for businesses of all sizes.

• Best for: Small to mid-sized businesses, local businesses and expanding businesses seeking small business loans, equipment financing, equipment leasing and working capital.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg