2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Volkswagen Jetta is a compact car that comes in 2- and 4-door models. Read more Volkswagen reviews to learn about other models.

Volkswagen Jetta Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Volkswagen makes a superior product. My 2018 Jetta is comfortable, fun to drive and stylish! This car gets between 35-42 miles per gallon. My Jetta has 61000 miles on it already and has not had the first problem. My husband and I went through a major hurricane last year that destroyed our house and turned our life upside down. Volkswagen credit let us skip two payments. This year my husband just got paid off for a month and we called to ask for an extension. Once again they came through for us!!!! I LOVE this company!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love VW's, I have owned quite a few, cannot even consider other vehicles. After all it's hard to compete with German engineering. Stylish, thoughtful appointed with the latest technology. Race car speed if that's what you want or need plenty of pep.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Have been trouble free for 32,700 miles. Other than overhead light switch malfunctioning and being replaced. Vehicle ride is stiff but steers well. Road noise somewhat loud but still has original Bridgestone ecopia tires with 5 mm left. Brakes have 6-8 mm on pads.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This car seems to be one of the best in its class. The mileage I get is more than I expected. It is also more sturdy and gives you better control at higher speeds than other cars in this class. There are some small issues with the electronics though - the coolant alert goes off even though I have adequate coolant and the temperature does not exceed normal engine running temperature.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have had 2 Volkswagon Jettas and they have served me well. They have good power, minimal repairs, rides great, handles very well and even though it has over 100,000 miles it still feels like a newer car. My last one was still running great with over 170,000 miles but air conditioner went out so sold it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen Jetta?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Very nice car. Comfortable very good mileage. A terrific automotive value. Excellent warranty. Wish it had more horsepower. Would recommend to anyone looking for a small sedan.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Brought a brand new JETTA GLI and it broke down 3 months later with less than 4000km. And the process of getting it fixed and getting a rental car from VW dealership was by far the worst. I would never buy another VW again. Thought a German car would be better than this. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This is my 3rd VW Jetta. My first was a 97 that I put over 300k miles on. Second was a 2005 MKV 2.5 that I had over 200k when I traded it in on the 2019 R Line. I bought The Jetta in Clarksville, TN. Then, I moved to North Central PA. The closest dealership is over 2 hours away in State College, PA. Which is between 4.5 to 5.5 hours round trip depending on traffic. I have already had to drive to State College 3 times for warranty/recall work, costing me in lost time/wages. Now, the passenger side windshield wiper is crossing over the drivers side windshield wiper, preventing it from cleaning the windshield.

This is a dangerous situation this time of year, with snow, salt, ice, and wet roads. They will send roadside assistance, but the dealership says they can't even look at the car until 14 days from today. 2 full weeks without my car. The alternative is to pay for the work myself and they'll pay for parts. I would be responsible for labor and tow, neither of those are inexpensive. I have had this car for just over a year. It has less than 23k miles on it. And, it has already cost me more time, frustration, and money than both my previous combined.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I leased a brand new 2019 Jetta in July. Early August I started hearing weird growling noises coming from the engine and underneath the car. I ignored it at first, but they got louder. I called the dealership and described the issue. They said, “we’ve never heard that complaint, bring it in and we will look at it, it will cost you to diagnose and fix if it’s not in warranty”. I challenged them on it, “why should I have to pay for diagnostics and fixing a car with 1,500 miles on it?” They told me that’s how leases work. I didn’t go in and I endured the daily noises, but now I also have loud brake noises and no heat. I’m taking it on Friday. If they tell me I’m responsible $$ for fixing all the issues, I’m definitely going to take legal action, no brand new car should have this many issues under 5,000 miles!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My experience was identical to Josh of Hilliards so I will keep this brief. When the outside temps get into single digits celsius, the engine temps will not come up enough to provide cabin heat. My dealer went above and beyond to help me out but all their efforts were for naught. I called VW customer service and they were noncommittal. I will be selling the car and buying another brand if this issue is not resolved soon.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Volkswagen Jetta Company Information