1.78/5
Based on 71 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

394 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have a 2007 VW Jetta with 200,000 km. It has corrosion, to the point of holes in the metal, on all 4 wheel fenders, the rocker panel, and on the bottom of the driver's side door. When shopping for a vehicle I bought this car new and choose it over the Honda Civic. My fiance's cousin currently has a 2004 Honda Civic with 300,000 km and absolutely no corrosion.

VW Canada is not honoring the Corrosion Warranty because I cannot prove the corrosion was caused internally. They are claiming it is due to external factors, which is impossible to prove considering the location of the corrosion. When I called to request the claim be reassessed they refused to do so and VW Customer Care refused to let me speak with anyone that had the power to make the decision to have the corrosion claim reassessed.

I definitely will not purchase another VW based on this experience and I would recommend to everyone I know as well that they consider other brands instead. Had VW honored the warranty I would feel differently, but they used an excuse to not honor it and apparently there is no way for me to speak to anyone involved in the decision. The VW Customer Care department is the only group you can speak to and they claim they have no power with these decisions and they are all final. Please note as well that this vehicle was bought and used in Alberta which is a very dry province where vehicle don't normally rust let alone corrode.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Great experience! Volkswagen is my first car and favorite car. It's small and the perfect size for me. Parking is so easy. Love driving it, it's a convertible as well, 2016 model red in color which is my favorite color. Interior is comfortable and I love German cars in general, they drive very well. I've been wanting it since I was 16 and I'm 24 now. I love how everything works with a push of a button like the trunk, gas. The lights on the inside made it look slick. The convertible, the stiffness of the wheel, driving it. It's fun to drive and I feel confidently driving it. But I don't like the middle of the backseat as it's too hard. Also the switch to turn on the headlights that sometimes I forget and then the battery dies.

Volkswagen • 394 Customer Reviews and Complaints • ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 23, 2018

I love this car. It is reliable, compact, concubine, it fits my lifestyle, it gets good gas mileage and I like its sleek aerodynamic shape. I don't like Aquarius looking cars and this car is rounded on all its exterior chassis. I also liked the features for what I was purchasing. It felt like a quality care with quality accouterments at an affordable price. A good value for the money, indeed. However, I would like to see the Volkswagen in general including mine get better gas mileage. It is a 4.0 engine and should be getting a lot better mileage than its currently being. Very disappointing.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've owned 5-6 new VW TDI Golf/Jettas; and thoroughly enjoyed them. The most recent purchase was a 2015 Golf TDI. The dealership has been more than helpful and accommodating through the "approved update" process and 2 stages have been completed. The final stage of the repairs was scheduled days ago; and when I dropped off the vehicle service needed a "claim number". Please excuse my filing system, but I did not have the "claim number". The dealership, which I love, and has always treated me like a king, could not do the repairs, or, provide me with the claim number. In conversation I learned VW does not trust their dealers, (yes, the people that support their employment). I talked with VW corporate for the TDI issue (VW Lying), and am getting nowhere. I Seriously hate to admit it, but I guess I'll become a Ford person. What an unbelievable, and very sad story. BUT... IT IS THE TRUTH.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Fred Beans VW service-department of Devon PA - Don't trust the hype when VW advertise coupons or the Hundred plus checks they are suppose to perform while the car in service. It can work against your favor because they are looking for issues to charge you extra. In May 2013 I bought a SE-Passat V6 included with the price of the car a 54000/4yr service contract. The vehicle was purchase as an CPO, which means it had a few miles, I think roughly 5000. Being I am more prevalent to conventional, I am growing with synthetics. In saying I am use to changing oils every 3000 miles not 10,000. I am a meticulous car owner.

This car in 5 yrs had roughly 33,500 miles in December 2017(with a VW OIL SPECIAL COUPON) which covered up to 5qts of oil, during a unconventional oil change prior to, I look under the hood and notice oil film on top of the engine. I address the issue and ask why this was not brought to my attention or address by the service department while the extended service warranty was in effect? To create oil film which was visible means it took time for the matter and the amount of times and in the increment the car has been in for service over a short period it should of been address while the car was under warranty. At that time they agreed to disagree and told me it doesn't mean it's leaking oil. I took heed what was being said however they didn't understand or know in my youth I was a mechanic and built cars.

My free oil change just cost me a deductible plus. After the oil change the car virtually was parked (except for a few runs to the market) until May 2018, State-inspection Time. When I purchase the car I immediately changed the tires and since 1979 I have bought mostly all and into agreement with NTB. They have a the best Alignment plan bar none to others retailers. I have owned many cars since my Military years. I was told the car pass inspection May 2018 although a few concerns should be address. One tires was showing signs of dry-rot (not an issue). I have coverage. And the serpentine belt (34,800) was showing signs of wear, my reaction was, "Oh really." (Again I reintegrated it should of been replaced when the car was under warranty) The service rep claim it was not covered under the service contract I disputed his claim.

Folks the Manufacture warranty is 3/36000. This is why I don't prefer buying vehicles with short warranties because the manufacture takes into account their product isn't reliable. And I cover extensively at the time of purchase what is and whats not covered and the plan I had covered everything except, Tires and brakes and I will admit I forgot the $50.00 deductible associated with a service plan. I recall asking Belts for ex: Timing belt and serpentine belt those items were included with the purchase in May, 2013 the car came with platinum plan.

In conclusion, when a man is talking over my merchandise (car) I listen with both ears. After discussing my concerns with the rep he spoke with his Manager. As he walks down the corridor he tells me straight to my face I would pay the ($50.00) fifty dollar deductible. I replied, "OK." In my mind I am counting the cost of the State-Inspection and the additional $50.00 deductible. The Bill presented was $289.00. I am about to blow a gasket and lose my religion. I ask for the manager (he's in a meeting) like I give a rats **.

After 15 min he approaches with an caveat attitude,.. whats the problem. I was told I would be charged the deductible (in my mind I'm saying wtf is this). The rep intervenes and says, "I told you I would charge you less $50.00 of the actual cost." I replied, "No you did not." Well folks I was caught in-between a web. I had a important meeting to attend and they had my car. I paid the bill,... and sold the car within two weeks. I will never purchase another VW. I forgot to mention I was (as the car was being service) negotiating on a 2018 Atlas I drive currently and own a Mazda 2018 CX9 Signature. I suggest use those smartphones during a conversation and record.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: May 21, 2018

I don't usually do this because I believe in the good of others. But I am so disappointed with this company because of the length of time it has taken for you to report to the credit agencies that I no longer have a VW. It has been 3 plus years (March 2016) since I paid off the car in question and ever since I have tried to get a house the past few months have been hell because I have had to verify it every time someone checks my credit because your company didn't do what they were supposed to do when I turned in the car. Needless to say I will never be buying a car from you ever again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have owned 3 new VWs financed all 3 by VW credit, you never change the paperwork to reflect a paid loan, still 10 years later it says VW credit is a lien holder, not true. Many recalls on my former car that I continue to receive notices on even though I traded it into VW when I purchased my last VW. Just gave my final VW to a junkyard after service from a dealer here in Chicago that took a week to give me my car back and then the problem (coolant leak, replacement of tower) continued to leak and they tried to overcharge me but I had it in writing, very shady people, bad service, don't know anyone that has that kind of time. Just want to buy a car that I enjoy driving and be treated fairly, not too much to ask but VW has failed miserably, no more VWs for me sadly.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Having a look at the reviews, I feel a little bit better as the company is just terrible in general, I thought it was just my luck and I was dealing with wrong service managers but seems like everyone is having the SAME! issue. What a mistake I made trusting Volkswagen, my car has been with them over a week coming to two weeks to diagnose an issue which they did after a week. Repairs were then done, I was then advised it could actually be something else and now another cost is adding, then they said I might even need a new Engine, my oh my.

My other frustration is that the service manager who I called after being told they will call when they didn't had no clue of the situation and advised she was handed the case a day ago when the complaint was sent few days ago via web chat. I REGRET using them. I could of taken my car to a local garage who will be cheaper and diagnose the actual issue without trying to rob your money, I WILL NEVER EVER USE YOU AGAIN NOR RECOMMEND YOU TO ANYONE! WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE FACED!

Original review: May 9, 2018

If I had only known what an awesome car the 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan was I would have bought another like it. This car is reliable, safe, comfortable, looks great, handles great and good on gas. I wish I had known sooner. What great car!

Original review: May 6, 2018

My little red VW is so dependable and fast. It has great pick up and gets great gas mileage. It has great lines and I get lots of complements on it. It is expensive to fix being a foreign car, but I do love it.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I wanted a replacement for my Mini Cooper 15 years old 147,000 miles. I considered Ford Focus ST, Toyota 86, Hyundai Veloster. I really like the seats in the GTI. The clincher was driving the car. VW offers a six year 72,000 bumper to bumper warranty. I chose the DSG transmission and it fits myself (I like to shift) and a automatic for my wife. We are enjoying the car... I buy them to drive them. No garage queens here.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The Volkswagen EOS was a little pricey, but I haven’t enjoyed owning and driving a car as much as this one! It has supreme performance instantly even in freezing temperatures. After driving it for six years it still looks and feels like new. It’s very responsive, making me feel very safe in tricky traffic conditions.

Original review: May 3, 2018

On Monday, April 16, 2018, I had the unfortunate mishap of my car stalling out while I was on my way to lunch. We had to have the car towed to a mechanic where it was determined that my 2012 VW CC with roughly 86,000 miles suffered from what is being called a ‘Catastrophic Engine Failure’. I was told by the mechanic this was not our fault and the car shows no signs of neglect. My mechanic has given me a quote to replace the engine, with a used engine that has approximately 70,000 miles on it, at a cost of $9,849.57. If I was to replace the engine who’s to say that this problem wouldn’t happen again.

After hearing this news I started to do some research. I have come across several articles and claims that there are issues with the Timing Chain Tensioner on various vehicles; which, include the year, make, and model of mine. It seems Volkswagen is aware of this issue but refuses to do anything about it. I have contacted Volkswagen twice already and have not gotten any help.

I now have a car that I am still paying for (car note and insurance) that I cannot drive. I really hope that Volkswagen will take this issue seriously as this could have happened to me the day before as I was traveling home on a busy highway from out of town. I have always like the Volkswagen name and their vehicles but the way things are being handled by them I am beyond frustrated!

Original review: April 29, 2018

VW New Beetle are expensive cars to maintain, difficult to work on and have unreliable transmissions and weak front lower control arm bushings. I have replaced two transmissions in 110K miles, 11 headlight bulbs, 9 trunk pistons and two sets of lower control arm bushings with ball joints plus two vacuum pumps that leak oil.

Original review: April 28, 2018

This is a 2015 GTI. It is the second GTI I have owned. It is spirited, economical, and well made. I have had no problems with it. It's practical, yet fun to drive.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have a new 2018 Golf GTI, I was surprised to find there is no cover for the battery, the terminals are both exposed. I asked the dealer if this was correct and they did not know, I called VW customer care and they said they don't know what they put on the cars, they are not able to answer technical questions, and I should ask the dealer. I said I had done so without satisfaction and was told to ring around dealers until I found someone who did know! I am surprised to find the two battery terminals exposed on a vehicle that is so complex, this is a potential shock and fire hazard. This is my 10th VW and I do not recall seeing the terminals totally exposed before.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Volkswagen Atlas w/ Lane Assist & Adaptive Cruise Control - Cell phone jammed the locks from opening. Cell phone jammed the keyless start on many occasions. SUV can be driven remotely and was when a hacker (twice) took over steering and the gas pedal via the Adaptive Cruise Control. The vehicle sped hard up to 85mph. Eventually VW bought back the vehicle in its entirety but all the vehicles with this type of semi-autonomous or autonomous technology should be recalled and pulled from the roads. It’s too easy to hack them. Vehicles can get viruses via the cell phone and through the Bluetooth. An architect / engineer at GM shared this conversation with me whilst trying to help me diagnose my problem with my vehicle/s.

After the VW hacks the vehicle was never the same and couldn’t stay in the middle of the road. It would ride the center line or pull approx 18” over center before the sensors realized a problem. You’re supposed to be able to take your hands off the steering wheel for up to 8-9 seconds. There is no way to do this because you’d be in a ditch or under a semi truck. It’s a product defect and foundations of the technology is not stable.

Sadly, I’ve reached out to the attorneys to help but most say they need about 50 deaths first. I say how much is your life worth to you? I have videos and photos to support the other people who are interested in their own business opportunities for a meeting with the customer and likewise for the insurance liability company. It’s the insurance liability companies that fall on the sword and they are responsible for the damages.

Now that they understand how the game works for me and my family and friends and family I hope the insurance companies have more sense to get this mess cleaned up here and with the other automotive companies looking forward to deploying more autonomous vehicles on the road. When was it ever a good idea to put P.C. technology under the hood of a car? The spying and espionage the result of certain always on connected devices to a vehicles connected and networked system is connected to the internet and to the point it is broke globally due to technology corruption issues related to issues with the other people who are responsible for the other things they are doing with the other people.

It’s not cool and a global technology problem for the future of the automotive industry will help fix it all over again and the repair man denied that he saw any issues. Total waste of time and money. Completely unnecessary to work with me for the next meeting with the customer but a forced payment for the work to share with my insurance company helped insurance companies and the can increase the charges for insurance liability for the high-risk deathbed. Whistleblower for me and for whichever attorney I will need help with the insurance liability company and the money back to me for the problems that I experienced as a result of those issues related to the problems that they were not able to help fix.

Thank you very much for your help and change the insurance liability company to be more of a voice or and stop the production of these the liabilities. These vehicles need to die on the line. If you’re interested in that it may actually help you to save money and you can help fix the problems with that and your companies will be responsible for the insurance liability and only to get the money back to the customer with damages due to the problems with the known product defects. Hopefully I get a chance to see you soon and I work with you on these issues. I’ve got more of a handle of these problems and more than anybody else in this area.

Original review: April 12, 2018

VW CC owner - VW customer care is by far the worst customer service I have ever received. I have 3 recalls on my car. The horn and steering controls don’t work because of the clock spring recall. The dealer only fixes the air bar but not the rest. So after the “work” was done my horn still doesn’t work and VW somehow doesn’t see how not being able to honk a horn in traffic is a safety issue especially if someone is about to hit me. I was also told that I would get a refund for a tow I had due to the fuel pump module recall. VW doesn’t offer refunds on that unless my mileage qualifies me. So 100$ gone due to their ** ups. I am selling the car after driving it for just one week after I bought it, or course I have to fix the transmission first. I will never buy a VW again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

At the end of the Hybrid Supplement, it notes that if the gas tank does not accept fuel please advise to bring it to an authorized dealership. I brought in the car the first time: Never resolved the issue. Second time the issue was never resolved again. During the second time they recommend that I have to fix the fuel door actuator and that would cause a check engine light. I replaced the fuel door actuator and that never resolved any issue. During this transition the car had a vac pump issue and the e-motor system fails. I complain that my car still doesn't accept gas and other issues had arisen, and reading their warranties it says non-warrantied parts that are damaged due to the warrantied parts will be replaced free of charge. I brought in the car for the third time. They denied any warranties that will cover the fuel door as well as the vacuum pump.

I argued for quite sometime because one of the service member called me saying it would be the engine control module. They went back and forth to figure out what was the issue and most likely didn't want to express the real issue on this car because the ECM is in fact on the parts list. They fixed the fuel door actuator and it was a circuit issue. There is a very extensive list for PZEV warrantied parts which also includes a vacuum amplifier 2567. I called numerous dealerships and all the service technicians do not know anything about a vacuum amplifier, VW Care says that the dealerships are their best technical advisers and we do not know what a vacuum amplifier is. I would expect that a vacuum amplifier is a vacuum pump synonymously. 2567 service code is for the engine, the vacuum pump questioned is mounted behind the engine from what a service technician told me.

Also in their warranty booklet it notes that if the dealership denies a claim, that it would send a written explanation why they would deny the claims within 30 days. If they fail to send a written response then, by law they would warrant those claims. So the supervisor Mary ** denies the claim over the phone after Volkswagen DTLA won't let me keep the car there until the claim is resolved. She never written a response letter or any explanation what a vacuum amplifier 2567 is as well as reason why the vacuum pump doesn't have anything to do with the emissions. I asked numerous technicians if the vacuum pump is related to emissions and was told numerous times that in fact it is. I wanted to escalate my claim and asked again to please re-look into my case.

Bill, a regional VW Customer care agent tells me lets bring it to another dealership and look at the issues and let's get everything resolved so we can get a fresh non-biased report. I do bring it into another dealership and that dealership mistakenly calls me and asked to speak with DTLA Volkswagen. The new dealership says it's just a gas cap. Also the fuel door actuator fails again.

VW Care deny claims once again and of course VW Care rudely uses scare tactics and employees like Bill ** and Preston are very good at intimidating me rather than listen to the case carefully as they insist that they will now write a written response for the denial of my claim more than 60 days past the original claim for the vacuum pump and fuel door actuator. I am very curious what else will lead to these numerous PZEV issues. I would highly stay away from Volkswagen, if they lied and cheated under their diesel engines; most likely there are issues with their emissions as well.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Bought a 2017 Passat SE with tech and after 9 months began to have safety sensor problems, blind spot, forward collision and parking. Took to the dealer several times to be told it was non existent or normal. Got VWoA INVOLVED AND THEY WERE HARDLY ANY HELP. Finally after I was given a loaner with the airbag hanging from the steering wheel I was offered a trade in assistance. Traded into a 2018 Tiguan SE and have had nothing but issues since day 1, car net never worked, blind spot was faulty, transmission issues, engine power failure. Now my new car had been taken apart and been out of service 32 days in total and only has 8k miles on it, not to mention damaged from the dealer.

VWoA denied my claim for buyback and now I am having to deal with lawyers to get it resolved. They really need to get their crap together and vet their dealerships' employees and their representatives. Being told error codes are normal, cylinder 3 misfires are caused by bad gas, transmission hesitation/engine power loss isn't a major concern and blind spot detection, which is a safety feature, malfunctioning is no concern that it should not be relied on is unacceptable, not to mention when they hooked a scan tool to my car it shows my car has 2k more miles on it than my odometer states. Will never purchase another VW. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I purchased my 2014 Volkswagen CC in September of 2014. I was so excited to join the VW family. I leased this vehicle to get my feet wet and determine if I would be a lifelong VW customer. Well, in 2016 while driving down one of Houston's busiest freeways my car stalled and I was just barely able to pull to the side of the road. I had to have my vehicle towed to the dealership where they kept it for 4 days. They replaced multiple parts, it seemed fine. The very next morning I got up and the car wouldn't start. I had to have it sent back to VW in which they discovered an issue with the fuel pump module. After replacing this part, I drove it back home and the next day it wouldn't start again, maybe the third time is a charm.

I had it towed back to VW and they replaced the battery. Less than a year later with my son in the car, the vehicle died again. Luckily I wasn't struck by another vehicle. I had it towed to the nearest VW service center in which they told me it was the fuel module again, but it was out of warranty and I would have to go through VW cares to see about getting it replaced or I would be responsible for an 1,800 repair bill. Well, after going back and forth with them they agreed to replace the part. Can you imagine how unsettling and scary it is to drive a vehicle that has such a huge safety issue and recall with no permanent fix. Well, this weekend I was driving down the freeway and the vehicle stopped again, I was blessed enough to pull to safety. My 10 year old son was in the back seat praying we wouldn't get hit.

I had the vehicle towed to VW Saturday night at 8pm, so I was without a vehicle for the entire Easter weekend and couldn't get my son to his obligations. Monday morning I received a call from service advises, my brake fluid was green, the control arm bushings were cracked/dry rot and I needed an alignment totaling 1,000+ in expenses. The service rep stated this was just the beginning, but there was also several transmission codes and the diagnostic would be 135 to see exactly what's wrong with the vehicle. I told her to go ahead that was at 9am, it's now 6:30 pm and I have yet to hear anything. I called around 3:00 pm to be told the clutch was out and they were trying to get me a quote for a transmission and to expect my service rep to call before end of day.

Well, I am truly disappointed in the service, maintenance and overall Volkswagen CC. I will list all parts I've had replaced on the vehicle and estimated repair costs since I've had the vehicle. Ribbed belt. Tensioner. Valve. Separator. Mounting. Bearing. Turbo valve and crankcase breather leaking oil. Washer. Fuel unit. Control un. Battery. Battery disposal fee. I have not added the additional services that I've had in the past 6 months.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I agree with Libby from Birmingham MI. I have a 2014 Executive CC with 25,000 miles that I purchased new in 2015. I just had Takata airbag done today and am waiting like Libby on the fuel pump which can cause serious consequences if malfunctions and stalls out. I was told today Volkswagen service dept. still does not have the necessary parts to correct and fix this problem. I also have no maintenance or warranty on this car that at time of purchase I was told it had a 3 year maintenance program as well as warranty. I found out today when I took it in for my 3rd year maintenance that it had expired and that it was only 2 years on the maintenance. I never got notification of this until today.

My husband purchased a pre-owned 2013 Passat and got 3 years on maintenance yet my car cost 10,000 more and was purchased new. I will never, ever buy another Volkswagen again. Probably should never have listened to the car dealer at time of purchase without verifying myself. I was sold a resist all protection and passkey yet never offered extended warranty option. I will go to another manufacturer with better warranty and maintenance programs next time.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I am very disappointed with Volkswagen Of America. My CC has a recall on the fuel pump since last August. I don’t feel safe driving the car and with children. Volkswagen does not have the fix yet and they don’t know when they will have the part. They would NOT let me out of my lease. They said they could send me a check for two free months of payment. Which I turned around in less than a week to pay for a unexpected repair of the on the car. I left a message for the manager of Vyletel Volkswagen of Sterling Heights MI to see what other options I have. Of course I did not receive a callback. Volkswagen of America will not provide any other options except for me to pay off our lease. It’s very disappointing after we have been customers with Volkswagen since 2005 and we never had a issue with our prior cars. I have filed a complaint with Federal Safety. Next step to file with State Attorney General!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I worked with Ryan ** online and through text to get a deal set up due to the distance to the dealership. I was very clear that I was looking for a clean vehicle, and explained in detail about experiences at other dealerships that I did not want to happen again. Although really wouldn't budge on their internet price, we came to an agreement. I stressed my requirements of the car being clean, paint being in top condition. I was very clear that needed to know about any and all flaws before I made the drive, because it is a long drive and I would have a baby with me, and hoped to have paperwork and everything prepared as much as possible before I arrived. I was assured it was flawless, that everything would be ready.

Upon arrival, the vehicle was not up to the expectation set by my conversations with the salesman. The rear bumper was not attached properly, visibly loose and not aligned. The paint was swirled badly and had many scuffs and scratches, all of which could be easily repaired with a simple buff and polish. Two of the tires had moderate sidewall damage. The driver's door handle was missing a plastic cover; the metal lock cylinder was exposed. The interior was barely clean; the tan leather seats were mildly dirty and wiped in the main visible areas only, any deeper investigation revealed dirt and grime. The driver’s seat had a poorly done tear repair that did not match the color, looking like a light coffee stain in about a 6" square area.

I requested that these things be taken care of before purchase. They were only willing to attach the bumper properly and order the cover for the door handle. Moe ** was the sales manager throughout the process. He was somewhat passive aggressive and combative, as well as slightly condescending. There was a distinct feeling that my requests were ridiculous and that I was just trying to drive the price down. I was told multiple times that they could not go any lower or spend any money fixing the vehicle, even though I never once requested a price adjustment, simply asked that the expectation set during my communications with the salesman be upheld.

In the end I purchased the vehicle because I like it, not because it was a good deal; I will still have to invest to have the paint mechanically corrected, the leather seat repaired and interior cleaned, and purchase two tires. The process took 4 hours, plus 3 hours of drive time. The dealership is very nice, Coffee, water and bagels are available. The parking area was not large enough for the volume of customers there. I was given my choice of nice VW keychains upon completing the paperwork.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I bought Tiguan model 2012 from the dealer in Abu Dhabi. I am the only driver, and exactly after the 3 years warranty expired, I started experiencing major problem with the car. For example: leaking coolant pump, boot cracked, noisy bush cracked, stuck defect, and more. I have just replaced the roof cetane (damaged with no obvious reason) and cost me almost 1000$. And last year there was oil leakage which required costly replacement. I would like to know why this is happening to a new car. Never happened to me before with other make. Please do respond to my concern.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

On September 16; 2017; I purchased a Golf GTI from Jim Wynn Volkswagen. The car was only 17 miles when I drove out of the dealership. I have a work vehicle that I use on a daily basis so this car is for my personal use. On February 17, 2018, I was at a red light on Philadelphia US 1 with clutch in and in first gear, I tried to move when the light turned green but the car won't drive. The clutch was depressed. I turned the ignition off, put the gear in neutral, the hand brake up, and put on my four-way pointer. I was able to pull up the clutch with my feet. With the clutch in, I started the car and tried to shift to first gear but couldn't shift gear. I had the car towed initially to my parent's house and on February 19, I eventually towed to Jim Wynn dealership.

At this point, my car only has 318 Miles on it. It is practically a new vehicle and my expectation is that my warranty will cover any related issues. On 2/20/18, I was informed by the Jim Wynn dealership that they need my authorization before they can look at the car and I will be responsible for $2,600. I was in shocked because this is obviously a manufacturable defect. The service manager, Michael ** said to take it up with Volkswagen Customer Care. I called Volkswagen Customer Care to report the issue and I was told that an agent will contact me.

On 02/21/2018 @ 1301, I received a call from Volkswagen Customer Care. I stated my position on the issue. I told them I shouldn't have to pay for a warranty issue on a new car with only about 300 miles on it. The agent was very disrespectful and he told me that I'm welcome to take my car somewhere else if I don't like Volkswagen position on my warranty issue. I asked for another agent perhaps his supervisor and have stated that he is the only one that would be able to help me. I asked that he send me an email regarding Volkswagen position on my warranty issue, he stated that hell get to it whenever he can. As a customer, I am frustrated, speechless, and appalled by the customer service I received from both Jim Wynn Volkswagen and Volkswagen Customer Service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The axel on our 2018 7 passenger Volkswagen Atlas broke 19 days after driving it off of the lot. Took the car back to the dealer and they deemed the Atlas unsafe to drive. This is extremely alarming considering had we been on the road with our 3 small children, this situation could have been very bad. The service department at Stone Mountain Volkswagen was very understanding and set an expectation of 2-3 weeks to repair. They put us in a loaner vehicle a Volkswagen CC. Which was all they had at the time. We could barely fit into the car and the car had no trunk space. The whole reason for wanting the Atlas was for the space and we thought it was a safe vehicle for our family. We dealt with the length of time it would take to fix because we actually thought our car was getting repaired.

At exactly 3 weeks after taking the vehicle back my husband and I called to find out what was going on as we heard nothing in regards to the Atlas being repaired. We were told at that time that the dealership was still looking to get the part. At that time they said that it would be another 3-4 weeks. Which at this point we were pretty frustrated and disappointed. We are paying for a vehicle that we cannot even drive, and the dealer has had it longer than we have. We also found out, at the 30 day mark, from the dealership that the company that makes the part had no ETA on when the part would be ready. At this point we were upset. Felt like Volkswagen did not care about a client who is paying for a SUV while driving a car that can barely fit your family. Also upset because during this time nobody proactively reached out to inform us of the situation.

We also called Volkswagen Customer Care several times in regards to this and got the same answer, "I'm sorry" but no resolution until one rep named Ryan (thanks Ryan) decided to escalate it to a Region Manager. The manager made calls to my husband while he was at work, when he was able to call back the manager did not answer. He left voicemails for her to call back. She never did. She then called to notify us that the case would be transferred to Retention Resolution Team. We haven't heard from them yet. We also called Volkswagen Group of America Corporate Department and we were transferred to the TDI Escalation Department, in which we had to leave another message.

After the 30 days passed we overnighted the Vehicle Repurchase or Replacement Request to an address that we received from another Volkswagen Customer Care representative to have the car replaced, which is within our right under Georgia Lemon Laws. Yesterday the Dealership called and said the part would be ready next week. They called back today and said the vehicle was fixed and that we should come get it. This is very suspicious as we do not want a rush job because we do not want to be right back in this situation and if it was this easy of a fix then why was it not done in a reasonable timeframe. It is also suspicious that now something is being done because it seems like they do not want to give us a complete new car, which to my understanding is required by law. This has been a very unpleasant experience, and we never had this problem with our Volkswagen Jetta.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

When I purchased my VW GTI it rode very rough. I asked if the PDI had been performed when I was completing the purchase paperwork and I was told that it had. After a week of a very rough ride in the front I checked to see if the shipping pucks had been removed from the front struts. They had not (3 pucks in each strut) leading me to believe that no PDI had been performed. I emailed the dealer manager to notify them of this and see if I could have my struts checked for damage and got no reply.

Now today I brought my GTI in to have the first service completed. After waiting 2 hours from my appt. time/drop off I asked if my car was ready. I was informed that there was a mistake with my paperwork and they hadn't started! 45 minutes later I was informed my service was completed. I lifted the hood in front of the service desk to inspect the service but before I could pull the dipstick I noticed there was oil on my right fender, on the engine cover and my front license plate was bent out from the bumper at a 90 degree angle (not how it had arrived 3 hrs. Earlier). They bent back the plate and told me I was good to go. I was beyond furious so I headed home. After I got home I checked the oil to find it overfilled by 1qt. Horrible service. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I leased 2 vehicles from Volkswagen and then was forced to buy one as the first two sales agents let me get $9000 “upside down” in equity without telling me. The last car on the lot was a demo and the only one they said I could have. It has had electronic problems since day 1. Windshield wipers turn on by themselves. Bluetooth and radio audio are sporadic at best. It’s a lemon that was left on the lot as a demo and they saw a way to dump it on a Customer who had been screwed on their lease agreement.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a 2018 VW Atlas SE Tech, terrible vehicle. DO NOT buy this vehicle! The safety system does not work. The start and stop system makes you accelerate rapidly when it's on and you start moving your car (so, you may hit a car in front of you if it's too close). The ICRS system does not work. The car will not brake for you. I have tested it many times COUNTLESS times and the system does not engage. Short of hitting another car or a pedestrian I cannot get closer to the "real incident" to prove it works. Lastly, if you are in an area that uses prime (water mixed with salt) do not buy this car. It will cause an accident. The car has driven me onto incoming traffic headed the other way, I had to drive off the road to avoid a collision. I took it to the dealership and they said it works, but did not prove it. I had to take their word. I tried crashing the car again to see if it works. IT DOESN'T!! So, do not spend your money in that vehicle.

Volkswagen Company Information