Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.26/5

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

434 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Receiving my final invoice from VW credit for 4,888. This was a lease return that I thought was factored into the deal. Guess what, it was not. I am writing this as I just received my final invoice coming off a lease. Well guess what, I owe 4,888 dollars. This was back from May of 2018. At the time I gave Lakeland VW 5 stars. Matter of fact went and purchased 2 more VW as I was so happy. Well stupid me I should have asked more questions before signing any paperwork. Of course they took my trade/lease and gave me 1,000 dollars to make up for the remaining 6 lease payments.

At the time this seemed weird but they told me not to worry about it, You will get your final invoice showing the remaining lease payments, take the money we send you and pay your final invoice from VW credit. What they didn't tell me is that you will also have to pay for high mileage, dents, dings and any excessive wear and tear. Well this just cost me an additional 3,888 dollars. Stupid me (because I have never leased). All they did was take and send it back to VW credit. I thought this was being treated as a normal trade in and any excessive wear and tear was factored into the deal. NOPE just the opposite. One would think they would have fully disclosed this prior to me signing the deal. Had I would have known I would have just kept the car until the lease ran out and just purchased it out right, which I had planned to do anyways.

I have spoke to VW Corp and VW credit and of course there is nothing that can do, this lies with the dealership. I am warning you, if your coming off a lease be very careful and ask 1,000 of questions before signing your name. 7 months later you will get the same invoice as I did. Cost me an additional 3,888 bucks. Stupid me, go somewhere else that will have full disclosure since this is not your day job and you're trusting others with your money or at least trusting others to fully disclose your huge purchase. I would like the dealership to honor paying the additional 3,600 dollars that should have been factored into the deal.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Can't believe the nerve of Volkswagen’s warranty and a slap on the hand. Dealership guys were very respectful and friendly but doing very bad illegal things again. Took my 2011 TDI Jetta under warranty to the dealership for LONG START and ACCELERATION LAG, (fuel issues). Day 2 of having my vehicle, Jason via text message asked for approval to do a fuel filter and air filter change for 185+tax. I asked wasn't FUEL FILTER covered under my warranty. Via text message, was told NO. Called corporate and was set up with an advisor (Kyle) who did not return my call before I was told to come get my car on day 3.

Went to the dealership and spoke to a supervisor named Matt **. Asked him to explain what part about "ENTIRE FUEL SYSTEM" doesn't apply to the fuel filter. His explanation to me, maybe it was worded wrong. I am a certified MASTER tech and I bought this car for the warranty VW was offering. Couldn't believe it. Shouldn't have believed it. I have attached a copy of a page from my warranty booklet which leads us consumers buying these vehicles to believe Volkswagen has our back, not that we are buying and inheriting someone else's problem. I bought the vehicle about 4,000 miles ago and was told it needed done and asked for money for it. Since I did not get the job done, I was charged $143 this morning to get my vehicle back.

I asked for a itemized list of what the tech did to diagnose my vehicle since I am paying $135+tax for diag. Was that honored? No, for 3 days my vehicle was with them and my warranty not covered. Advisors say whatever the dealership says because clearly in black and white for anyone to read "ENTIRE" not excluding filter, would lead you to believe it is covered, especially when the system is under high pressure and you have to prime the system so it's really not a DIY for most consumers buying these vehicles. I didn't write the warranty and it should be honored.

Not only that, my warranty also states "conflicts concerning the warranty, are to be resolved in favor of the consumer". Volkswagen follow the law and honor your warranty and not play word games with the people you are trying to earn the trust back from. I'm going to the top with my issue and litigation for selling me a vehicle under false advertising. Not only that, but I also have a warranty under the HPFP recall warranting me anything that touches gas. If I have to fight for my $143 back and my warranty honored, I'm going to make sure the courts give their vehicle back to them.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

A VW shop has had my car for over two weeks and come to find out the timing chain tensioner malfunctioned and broke the chain and the cam. I reached out to VW for help to pay the repair cost on a car that only has 56,000 miles and shouldn't be having engine trouble such as this. Well the response from VW was that they would not help. Then I find out there is a lawsuit against VW for this very issue. I reached back out to VW and they still said no due to my VIN number did not match the cars with this issue. Funny how my car was a year newer model but still had the same issue. I will never again recommend that anyone buy a VW for they don't stand behind their product.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Purchased a 2012 Tiguan less than a year ago at 58K. From day 1 there have been constant oil leaks all year. I took it back to the dealer repeatedly. Oil leaks continued. A couple weeks ago I paid an $1800 bill for a rear main oil seal leak. VW refused to reimburse me because they said there was no recall on it and it's past warranty. I know for a fact this is a consistent problem for this year and model and it should be under recall not to mention it started when it was under 60K. I am very unhappy and want to be reimbursed for the repair due to a faulty product. I won't stop until it's reimbursed.

Original review: March 3, 2019

The first day I drove my new 2019 Tiguan SEL home, I opened the passenger driver-side door and the handle got stuck and would not go back in...Made an appointment for 2-days later to get this fixed. During the 2-day waiting period, I was stopped in a turning lane on a four-lane, lighted road to make a u-turn. When I hit the gas pedal to go the car jerked forward, and went to a standstill for about 5-seconds while my foot was firmly pressing the gas pedal. This caused the two oncoming vehicles to have to screech to a stop; and the vehicle in the middle lane had to swerve to avoid hitting me and spin out. When the Tiguan started moving forward, I had to pull over because I was shaking. The same issue happened again the next day, but no oncoming cars were in sight.

Went in for the door appointment, I told the service rep about engine and asked to speak to a manager. An assistant manager came out, I told him about the engine, and he respond that's a VW and gave me a hug and two free t-shirts. New door handle had to be ordered due to corrosion, had to come back 3-days later to have it fixed. During those 3-days, the passenger seat seat belt warning sound started randomly going off, along with the airbag light flashing above the hazard light when my handbag was on the seat. Reported that and the engine issue again at next appointment. Had to leave the car for two days...At pick-up was told everything was tested fine, but VW did not bother to test the seat sensor. Was instructed to not put anything on the passenger seat, as stated in the car's manual.

I was in tears telling VW of Naples dealership that I felt totally unsafe but they would not help me get another vehicle and told me to get back into this vehicle. So I contacted Volkswagen corporate to request a new vehicle, or to let me out of my lease...Denied. Both VW corporate and Naples, FL dealership did not care about my safety at all, nor that I was obviously an unhappy customer. Money should never come before safety, so I paid to get out of my lease. This is a deadly safety issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

In my brand new Tiguan, the air condition stuffed up and stopped cooling. I went down to the service in Parramatta. They told me that it will take a while to fix and they have no cars to give me and they aren’t sure what to do. They couldn’t even call me a taxi. I think VW is the worst company to deal with and customer value to them is zero. What a waste of my time for being a good customer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Leased a Golf... Had a couple repairs made at a shop and looked like new. Car had a broken bearing near turn in which would have cost $800! Turned the car in early then got the shocking fees! They claimed my cosmetic repairs were subpar and billed me to re-fix the repairs! Dealership never told me to get an inspection to make sure things were right, just bring the car back and we send it out and you will get a bill... Customer service did nothing to help... Never again! Paid a fortune for the lease of this ** car and they are gouging me for an exorbitant amount!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I’ve never bought a brand new car and wasn’t able to get a loaner vehicle when there’s a warranty issue. I’ve never had this experience with BMW or Mercedes or any other new car that I’ve owned in my entire life. If the car breaks be prepared to not have a car, for however long it takes him to fix it. Worst warranty program ever. I will never buy another VW EVER AGAIN. I’m receiving safety recall notices in the mail but can’t get them fixed. The dealerships will only drive you 10 miles from the dealer and I live more than 10 miles away from a dealer. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with the new car.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

They lied to me about putting my extra money that I sent in to go to the principal. I had to call them several times and was told every month I pay I have to call them and tell them to put the overpayment to the principal. I have never been late on my payment and I feel like they are charging me more than what I'm to repay. I hope and pray that the company has hardships because I'm sure I'm not the only person they are doing this to.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I gave a 2016 VW CC. Clock spring failed. Paid $187 for the diagnostic. They didn’t have the part. Have been waiting for days for courtesy of help regarding whether my car, which was not in the recall nor part of this extended warranty could be looked into as I’m not believing it’s a coincidence. Their final answer is no. They won’t pay. Ironically, as I was waiting the 10 days it took for the service appointment and I found out my car IS part of the Takata airbag. VW doesn’t have the part. Refuses to offer a loaner. When I kept asking the supervisor who finally had the courtesy of a call back from that I was able to take (they won’t t schedule calls and they won't allow you to hold, so ridiculous) anyway, when I asked if VW recommends I drive the car with the Takata airbag, as you may guess the automaton refused to answer. So VW us unwilling to say, "Sure drive the car", they are unwilling to say don’t drive the car.

When confronted with the fact that other carmakers (Ford for example) are offering loaners -- they note this is true and have no further comment. When asked if they even acknowledge that these other companies care more about their consumer -- you guessed it. They also don’t value your intelligence and continue to smugly we’ve you a ** sandwich and absolve themselves of any need to act with human decency. Anyway sorry for the ramble here is my question on clock spring: Can anyone confirm the maker on the clock spring? I have obtained the info for the one that prompted the recall, but because the extended warranty is voluntary (and a way to skirt a larger recall, but this issue is still under investigation by the NHTSA), they refuse to give me the manufacturer.

The VINs involved are not sequential, so I asked for the volume of cars involved in the extended warranty, they refuse to tell me. The supervisor actually waxed on about how important it is for VW to protect its component manufacturers. Glad they have their priorities in place. Anyone who can help me with information which will bolster the case have both with the NHTSA, I would appreciate. Regarding the Takata I’ve taken my complaint to my local congressperson, because I have a huge issue with the weird, unprecedented say. The NHTSA rolled the Takata recall out despite having the information that millions of cars should have been recalled instead they held off on the recall seemingly at the behest of auto manufacturers who were overwhelmed with the volume of recalls.

Perhaps the automakers should fund the NHTSA who is supposed to be a public servant entity to protect the safety of Americans who they are (supposed to be) beholden to — not the financial interest of automakers. I’m actually surprised more people aren’t outraged but possibly they don’t know that the NHTSA chose to hold this information back even though they knew all of these recalls would happen eventually. There are still cars out there now that haven’t been recalled that will be recalled and that the NHTSA is withholding the information and it’s ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime - most were financed. I'VE NEVER HAD A WORSE EXPERIENCE THAN VW CREDIT. As a 6 time VW owner...I've been trying to get a payoff (so I can purchase the car for my son)...and they WON'T GIVE ME A PAYOFF unless I visit a dealer. What a scam! Never again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Hi, I bought my Polo GT from Bhopal on August 10, 2017. I was very happy with the car until I met an accident and gave it for repairs at the Bhopal service centre. I have owned Hondas and Suzukis, but I swear to God I’ve never had such a bad experience with service ever before. I left my car for repairs at the service centre and it took more than 35 days for them to just fix a door, which by the way wasn’t even fixed properly. When you close it, there is still a gap between the door and the body of the car. Every time they promised me to deliver my car on a certain date and every time they went back on it. They kept me waiting. There was also some issue with my insurance that Mr ** never clearly told me about.

Now, when I sent my car for repairs again about 6 days ago, they told me that they would fix everything and give it back in 4 days, but they took 2 more days. I thought it was ok and 2 days was not such a big deal. But, when I got my car back last night, the number plate was broken and there is some issue with the coolant. Not a single repair was done instead, the car came back in a worse condition. When we went to give the car for repairs, one of their drivers even took a test drive and admitted that there was an alignment issue, but nothing was done to fix it. The problem still persists.

I really don’t know what to do at this point and this has taken a lot of my time. I’m writing to you after going through a lot of trouble. Please help me out as soon as you can. I’d like to lodge a complaint against Mr ** and Mr Rk ** who have been of no help. They both have consistently been lying to me. Last night as soon as I got my car back with a broken number plate, I called ** to inquire but his phone was switched off and he hasn’t been answering my calls today. Extremely disappointed and hopeful for some help from your side!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

VW did not make good on a recall. The clock spring recall cost me $847.00 to fix on my 2012 GTI and VW will not honor the recall. Now they say my VIN number was not on the list like the ones before and after my car. VW cannot be trusted with owner safety. Please don't buy VW for your own safety.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

On November 18, 2018, I’ve purchased a new 2018 VW Golf R. This car is equipped with an Electronic Parking Brake System (EPB) and an Auto Hold system which self engages the EPB when you torn off the engine. On January 23, 2019, I’ve parked the car on the driveway in front of my house. The EPB has self engaged as usual. The yellow indicator light on the EPB lever went on, as well as the red PARK indicator on the instrument cluster display. I’ve got out of the car but didn’t lock it since I was planning to return in two minutes. While I was walking up the stairs towards my house, my wife just left the house and was walking towards me. Suddenly she yelled: the car! I turned around and saw my brand-new VW moving forward, and crashing into the fence.

As a loyal customer of VW (this is my third one!) I thought that they will take responsibility and cover the cost of the repair which is almost $1,000, but apparently, VW doesn’t care about their customers at all. After many phone calls and email correspondence with the dealership and VW of America, I was told that since they couldn’t find any evidence for a manufacture shortcoming then this is on me. I don’t know what kind of evidence exactly they were looking for, I just know for a fact that the car was on Park and then it rolled over and crashed into the fence.

So now I’m stuck with a slightly damaged car which has a serious safety issue, and VW isn’t willing to take responsibility. Needless to say that this is the last time I buy this brand. For shame VW, for shame. A quick google search brought up that this isn’t the first time that VW vehicles have such a problem with the EPB. Please take a look at the following links: **. One guy even broke his ribs because of an EPB failure. Does a terrible accident with casualties must occur for VW to take responsibility and do something about this?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Our 2018 Atlas went in for 8 software updates around Thanksgiving, 2018. We still had a COLD heater, meaning blowing cold air like middle of the summer. Our Atlas December 5th with scheduled pickup of Dec 7th. We were given a loaner (a tiny Jetta, not 3 seat Atlas we are used to). But we thought, ok, we were told the fix would be done by Wednesday. Then, the next Wednesday, then more excuses. Let me tell you, after 2 months! We went to the dealer to get OUR payment after 1 month, to pay on our vehicle we DID not have. To find the entire inside dash and more completely torn out! The excuse was, it was always the wrong part, going to take another week.

Finally, we opened a case with the "regional" so called manager, Chris. What did he and VW do for us? NOTHING. They delayed, and delayed and finally gave us (after calling and begging repeatedly), a drop dead date of February 1st, claiming their Lawyer process takes 10 working days, we still got a "sorry, we're very sorry, but it will be Monday or Tuesday before I can give you an answer". In the meantime, "leading" us to believe they were going to "replace" the vehicle at full cost, or more, and give us our two month payment back. GUESS WHAT! NOT!!! Chris and Volkswagen KEPT leading us on giving excuses as the dealer didn't send us the forms, blah blah BS. Chris, the so called "regional" manger and VW lead us on and kept delaying, until, guess what, they say, "Come get your vehicle. It's fixed." That's the response!!! No joke.

It is Feb 8th!! We have been BURIED in snow. Our family has ridden in a NOT EVEN comparable vehicle for over 2 months. We have lost work time and more dealing with the issues, and, oh yeah, made two full payments on a vehicle we did not have. Did VW or the dealership compensate us for any of this??? NO NO NO. Come get your "so called" fixed LEMON vehicle. DO NOT EVER, EVER...I repeat, EVER buy VW...PERIOD. I'm also forwarding this story on to DATELINE, and CBS for 60 minutes. This is more than a problem of VW in America, and hard working people. This has been just wrong.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My Clock Spring 2011 Tiguan broke about 6 months ago, I put the repair on hold, my mileage was about 109K, I have receipt from my mechanic for the 120$ I paid him to figure out what was wrong. VW has issued an extended warranty on this to 120K (IMO should be a recall), I moved so I did not receive the notice until 120,300 miles. Even with proof that it broke before and so close to the 'warranty date' they will not honor... Seriously it's the 5th VW I have owned, with all of their issues you would think they would be trying to build customer base, not alienating. This is just not right.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I lease a 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan. I pay for extended warranty. I have 57000 miles and 4 months left on my lease. A light came on so I called the service on Dec 22, 2018 and was told to bring my car in which I drove it in shop. The Volks service dept told me I need an engine because of an oil filter. I've always changed my oil and I took care of my car. They want 12000 to fix it. My extended warranty refused to fix it and I have powertrain and Volkswagen customer care refuses to pay. I sent her copies of my oil changes with the plate number and mileage but they say that's not enough.

I need my VIN number which the service station didn't put on. I even sent them copies of my friends oil changes which doesn't have her VIN number on it... Now they have my car for 2 weeks and nothing is being done. Volkswagen is the worst. They make you take extended warranties and the warranty company told me that they can not approve my claim because I am still covered under Volkswagen. This is amazing. The service dept told me I did this because of an oil filter. Did anyone ever heard about this? Besides all this now they say my car doesn't start or run.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

TRUE EXPERIENCE - If you are making a decision on what to purchase as your next reliable car, do yourself a big favor and DO NOT PURCHASE A VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN!!! I had been a loyal VW customer for 15 years and I owned a 2011 VW Tiguan brand new. I had heard that the Tiguan was a reliable, well-made car. I couldn’t be more wrong!!!

My major repairs started with the replacing of the rear differential (few gears broke off from a sealed unit), to then replacing the turbocharger which I was told was defective. Then I had the timing-chain break while driving the vehicle, so a replacement was needed, along with a now damaged head cam. To top it all off, the entire engine seizes while on a highway and had to be replaced. The price tag to replace the damaged engine was $11,000 from the VW dealership. All of these major repairs happening at under 80K miles!!!

While the sales staff at that particular dealership was very helpful in getting me into a new NON-VW car, corporate VW was the exact opposite. Their reply to me was that they didn’t have a program in place to compensate me for my troubles, despite the obvious flaws in their car model's design. The fact that I had a low-mileage car with high out-of-pocket expenses was of no concern to them. So take my advice, and I have nothing to gain from this. If you do not want to pay high exorbitant repair bills, AVOID VOLKSWAGEN AND DO NOT PURCHASE THE TIGUAN!!! This car is unreliable with obvious design flaws throughout. Trust me, I experienced it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Leased a new 2018 Passat thru VW of The Woodlands. Dealership is now closed and VW will not honor the service agreement or the extended warranties that I purchased because the dealership is no longer in business. Obviously I chose the wrong brand. VW told me they have no desire to make things right. I will now have to pay for all services (oil changes and maintenance) and all other extras I purchased and paid for are now null and void.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I own a 2014 Passat and purchased the car with 500 miles and after owning for 2 and a half years and 64000 miles, I need a new engine! Never buy Volkswagen again! Corporate customer service hold times are very long, escalated manager’s mailboxes are full. Poor quality and I will never purchase a VW again and will continue to share with others to never buy the brand!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have a 2014 VW Tiguan with a panoramic roof skylight, when there is a light rain the roof skylight drains work well, when it pour down rains it rains in the car. Dealer will not fix it, they say it is a faulty part and they do not cover it!! $2,700.00 WOW. Great German engineering if you like a expensive pool on wheels. I must be crazy as I own four VW vehicles. I will really need to reconsider another VW vehicle purchase.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have had my leg cut open by the change compartment that sits very close to the door on the dashboard, it ripped open my leg on two occasions within a year. This is caused a dramatic amount of blood loss, a very deep laceration and several rides in the ambulance to the local medical facility. The edges on this compartment are seriously sharp. VW needs to make some changes. My husband is literally going to permanently secure this compartment that it is not accessible. I have owned this car since 2016 with 9k miles when I bought it and now I have 27k. I do not drive it a lot. This is most definitely a hazard and health issue! Please correct. Please call me if need be.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

So I bought a 09 golf in the UK 2 years ago with HID headlights in it (plug & play). I then realised they are 'bad' for the car. I then had an issue with my indicator it would not turn off so was advised the body control module needed to be replaced. Volkswagen quoted me about €180 for diagnostic and whatever extra to get fixed (about €300) for new BCM. Had to get the keys recoded €75 and paid the 180 for the diagnostic and only coded one key. On top of this the diagnostic didn't work because the BCM was 'not correct'. They told me to come back with a bcm from the same year and mark golf for it to work correctly.

Asked could I book in a couple months later and keep it on site overnight to avoid taking time off work. 'We don't do that'. After arranging work around the date I booked I Got Another BCM. This time the correct one with same part number. Back in today and could not pair either key and said I have to buy one direct for about €300 plus fitting but before that need to charge me €185 'just to make sure this is the issue' (again, as if it's magically going to work the second time around). Collected it today and I was told neither key had been coded and I still have to pay the €45 because they 'wasted their time'.

This garage has disgraceful customer service and robbery for nothing. I will never in my life again buy Volkswagen and make sure none of my friends or family do. Each time I came into the showroom I spend 10 minutes before someone helps me and seems to think it's acceptable to speak down to me. You don't take money off someone for a 5 minute key coding job you could not complete. Also not to Advise an alternative option of replacing a bcm that might not be the issue but in the end will charge me just to be sure. Back to square one but -€305. I also questioned why I paid more the last time to code the keys and I got no reply.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Serious emissions related recall, and a number of indicator lights related to the diesel system blinking (check engine, glow plug, particulate filter). According TO online VW information, these indicators direct owner to service immediately, it's dangerous to drive the car. Scheduled an appointment 12 Nov 18. When they appeared and couldn't get a service date before 4 Dec 18! Get call today (20 Nov 18) that Freedom VW, Morgantown, WV, has been bought and will not honor service scheduled after change of ownership date, 30 Nov 18. GO TO THE END OF THE LINE! Call back 1 Dec and reschedule. THIS IS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY VOLKSWAGEN!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My 2012 VW Tiguan (30,000 miles) has to have the engine replaced. I take it to Bethesda Oarsman dealer. Thankfully I had the extended warranty but they had my car for over 2 months. When I got it back this new engine was making clunking noise every time I turned right. Took it back and they said they fixed it but still had the noise with a new noise happening every time I started to accelerate. Took back it again. Then my sunroof starting leaking and mats were soaked. Took it in again and they said they fixed it.

3 weeks later after I was away for 2 weeks and not using the car I got in and the entire car was damp with Mildew everywhere. Took it in again and they had it for 2.5 months and told me it was fixed so I came and picked it up. Drove it that night but the car still stank of mildew and it rained and water was dripping from all the windows. Defroster just made it worse and was dangerous driving. Took it back in again the next day and told them they didn’t fix anything. Left it there for another 2 weeks. Got a call telling me it was ready again so went to pick it up and car still stinks like mildew and mold is still on seatbelts. Left it there and this is where I am now. NEVER BUY A VW!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Only owner of this car (bought it new) and it has only 112,000 miles. I have complained about the transmission in this car since day 1. They scan and tell me nothing is wrong with it. Today I was told I need to replace the transmission for $5700!!! I called VW to see if there was anything they could do and all they tell me is that I am out of warranty (ends at 60,000) and there are no recalls. Stay away from this car.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

ANYONE EVEN HEARD ABOUT ENGINE OIL MIXED WITH COOLANT IN ANY OF THE VEHICLES WITHIN 50000 KM. But happened in the great Volkswagen - Vento. I had suffered a lot in the night time during my drive due to that. Even I paid to change the parts again I have faced the same problem. Now my vehicle is in their service station and said me to take the vehicle since the fault is rectified in which I asked the assurance letter that if the same fault happens in future, you have to take back the car and return back my purchased invoice value because I have twice faced and affected very lot in the night time travel. If they give the assurance I can take and drive without fear. But they denied to give. That means they have doubts, so that hesitate to give.

In this situation how I get my vehicle AND drive without fear as affected twice. If I take my car without assurance I can put it my showcase rather than drive. For which I spent and bought the great VOLKSWAGEN. The WhatsApp group has been created for those are/were/have been, all affected by VOLKSWAGEN. If who are all wants to unite with us to fight to get our rights legally. We have already started legal battles, so join the group at the earliest to get the benefits.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My Touran GT 1.4 was inspected and serviced by VW HK @ less than 12000km. Then the gearbox has vibration issue and needs to be taken out for repair. I complained to VW HK. Its tech crew member insulted me openly on a local VW owner Facebook forum, saying that I am a defective human driver that needs fixing, and that I should drive my car directly from Hong Kong to Germany for better inspection by the VW HQ.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I leased a 2017 VW Tiguan in Jan 2018. It had only 6025 miles on it. When entering my Garage it suddenly had acceleration to damage the Car's front and garage wall which made a big hole in it. I contacted VW HQ Customer Care immediately in Auburn Hills, MI and they listened and kept me asking questions again and again how it happened. First they said will give you a case number. Then later they asked to send a letter that I am not going to litigate on this matter which was promptly mailed for they will not accept an email to this effect. I also contact their US CEO in Herndon, VA Office sending them all pictures of damage to Car and garage Wall and Door access to home. These pictures were taken by Insurer Liberty Mutual. Unfortunately due a mistake I forgot to get Rental Car Coverage from Liberty Ins. It is costing $330 per week in NJ. Car I am told will not be repaired for 3-4 weeks to get parts.

I also asked for stopping lease payments $212 p.m starting Nov 15 and keep me whole on damage to the garage wall and related costs. The VW rep did not sound too enthusiastic. I have had as a student a VW Beetle to drive several times. It was a great little car. This sudden acceleration of TIGUAN, a Police guy told me is now happening in some Cars that had faulty electronics synced with Transmission. It is very frightening if the same had happened on Highway behind a Long haul truck. Fortunately I did not suffer any injury. Police Report is due to send to VW HQ Customer care.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Dear Rick **, I wanted to contact you regarding my experience with VW Boardwalk over the last month. I am sad to say that I have been very disappointed in the services provided. VW is viewed with a top of the line customer service and standard of care, and unfortunately I no longer can see this. I have been disappointed enough that I have decided not to continue servicing my vehicle with your branch. I was charged 1000 dollars at the beginning of the month for a service that included flushing my coolant and replacing the timing belt cover, which I was told was most necessary. Afterwards my car stopped working all together and I had to tow it to the closest VW dealership where my battery was replaced. In the midst of this my vehicle also had been broken into, shattering my windows and stealing my purse, which I understand is my misfortune, but this also led to delays in getting my vehicle to the shop.

Following the battery replacement it was noted in the system by VW SF that the coolant was leaking as well as oil. This was never told to me, this was later pointed out in the notes during my last and most recent service. VW SF just replaced the battery and said I was good to go. The next day I noticed a puddle under my car, determined it was coolant and since your technicians had just worked on that system in which I spent a large amount of money I went straight to you.

My car remained with the shop for two days before I got an answer that the water pump needed replacing. This was very curious to me as I had replaced it exactly one year ago with another VW dealer in SF and that your technicians had just finished working on that system, and said everything was taken care of. My understanding is that when a car is serviced these kinds of things are tested and addressed, please let me know if that is not the standard. I would hope that during this testing they would discover a leak in the very two systems they just worked on.

I would like to note that at the first service on 9/10/2018 I was advised to replace the timing belt cover, this was necessary to prevent an oil leak, which again was noted to remain. In that service is also when I had my coolant system flushed, which then again was noted on 9/19/2018 to be leaking, all less than two weeks after the initial service. This information again was not shared with me verbally but noted in the invoice. Also noteworthy my warranty for the water seal expired on 9/20/2018. Due to the inconvenience of timing when the diagnosis was finally made, my one year warranty had expired four days before, leaving me with another very large bill.

With all my concerns your representative heard me out, and said he would try to help as this was very much not fair. I waited his return call, left VM after VM, and never heard back for another two days. At this point I am without my vehicle and a little desperate to get it back. The representative said he would help me out and give me a good deal. I had other quotes at this time for much less, and considering VW wouldn't honor the very recently expired warranty, which is one of the reason I always have my vehicle serviced with them second to the standard of excellence I have always expected, I was considering cheaper options. The representative seemed sincere in his attempt to help so I gave your team a second chance. When I picked the vehicle up I was given a bill of 1300 dollars. 900 of that for labor charges.

To me I feel I have not received the high standard care and excellence that I expect from VW. I leave my car in the hands of your employees and expect them to work efficiently and honestly. I expect them to report to me what is wrong with the vehicle as well as what needs to be fixed in order to keep my car functioning at its best level.

And lastly I feel that I have been taken advantage of costing me not only money but stress and unease and a lot of my time. I am very disappointed as I am sure you can understand through this email. I honestly can't even trust that the work that was just finished is done properly or that the work I have had done needed to be done at all. I feel that the standard of performance, liability and honesty has been very much compromised. I also feel that "guarantee of labor and parts" doesn't actually exist. I really am disappointed that I no longer feel I can trust my car in the hands of VW representatives. If not them, then who?

Volkswagen Company Information