3.39/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

469 Volkswagen Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My seven year old Polo has its tapestry hanging from its ceiling. All the fabric seems to fall down, even if we keep the car protected from the sun. Unacceptable, for a car of its price and fame. The local customer service seems unwilling to do anything about it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I turned in my lease 3 months early because I was going to go over my mileage. I went in to discuss options. They told me they would waive my remaining months for buying a new vehicle with them. Now 3 month later I get an invoice for 1500 (way more than 3 payments of my lease) and VW is pawning this off on the dealership, Volkswagen Cypress, who won’t return my phone calls or emails. They are flat out scamming me! VW main office were so rude and horrible. I will never do business with them again and warn everyone to stay away from VW. The automatic responses that I have received really show this is common practice.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We lease new Volkswagen November 2018. During a family road trip to Newfoundland one morning, there was a mosquito flying around on near the windshield inside the car. In an effort to swat the pest, the windshield was lightly hit and consequently left a crack on the windshield. Although, the night before was rainy and cold, leaving the windshield more vulnerable to cracking. It does not make it okay for the windshield to crack for such a tiny impact. This is most definitely a quality issue with the glass material that composes the windshield.

Driving 18 hours home to Toronto from Newfoundland was very unpleasant and scary from the thought of the windshield completely shattering at any moment. After coming back to Toronto, Volkswagen told us that it was our problem that we broke the windshield and that we hit it too hard. But realistically, how hard could someone possibly swat a mosquito. Customer service was very unpleasant during the process and left us very unsatisfied. I hope they can realize that their windshield quality was at fault and that they can replace the windshield with a more durable windshield to ensure my family's safety.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I love these cars, but I am not understanding how the AC system went out twice in my ownership of this car. 2017 at 75k and 2019 at 136k. What is wrong, you should recall. It was out of pocket expense for me. No extended coverage expired at 65k.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I was leaving to work today, 24 August 2019. To my surprise when I am going to rip off my car completely off. I will not start. I call immediately asking for help to road assistance from VW se. I was told that by text I would be informed at what time I would be in service. I've never arrived, never arrived, solved by a neighbour. A car that's only 1 year old with 9800 miles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

On August 21st, 2019, I went for the regular engine oil change in Volkswagen on Barnet Highway in Coquitlam, B.C. Also they offered me free pollen filter change. After a couple of hours, they called me to get my car back. On the way back I found the service reminder on the front window has not been changed. I drove back to them and asked them if whether they really did change the engine oil. If they did it, how come did they change the reminder. I really doubted it. Also they told me that they have changed the pollen filter for me today. Actually on the paper, it showed they did not change. How did that happen? Did they really do services for the customer or just fool us around? Besides, they even did not say sorry at the beginning.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I was unemployed and needed help regarding my car payment. Volkswagen of America agreed to make one payment 15 days before my 30 day late notice which would affect my credit score. They did not make the payment in a timely manner and my credit was severely blemished. It took almost a month for the payment to be made and unbelievably they put a stop payment on the check and my credit was hit again. They then made an electronic payment. And they have allegedly let the credit bureaus know to remove the derogatory remarks. Not one person at Volkswagen of America has apologized. Awful. Will hopefully rid myself of my current VW soon. No more.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

The car itself is fine, the company is terrible. VW Credit continually screws up. It takes numerous contacts to get them to fix anything. Then they will ruin your credit rating when they mess up. Their automated system suddenly got screwed up and did not take 2 lease payments out after months with no problem. I was never notified and found out from Credit Karma when they reported it as 60 days of missed payments to the credit bureaus. I've spent literally hours over the last 6 months on the phone, copying documents, faxing, mailing and following up trying to get them to fix their mistake.

It tanked my credit rating causing me to be unable to refinance my home and lower my mortgage payment. This is just the worst of it as they have repeatedly messed up this account. VW Credit has been an absolute nightmare to deal with and I've lost hours of my life trying to get them to fix their mistakes. Never, never, never again would I have a car loan or lease with VW Credit.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I bought a 2012 Volkswagen CC 60k miles on it. Not long after I had to change a few sensors, which was ok. When it hit 100k my head gasket broke. $3.6k to fix, a few months after one of the cylinders broke and the engine needed to be replaced. Save your time and money because, VW doesn't care about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have a 2013 VW Hybrid which now needs it THIRD transmission. (1st 2 transmission @ 60+K) I contacted the Regional Manager, Jake ** who stated that all they “VW” can do for me is lower the price from 7100. to 6400. As per Jake ** his supervisor Sharon ** stands behind that decision. VW put a BAD product on the market and refuse to be an Honorable Co. and take responsibility for fixing the transmission. The CEO Hinrich J. Woebcken needs to be made aware that this is unethical. VW was a huge disappointment, totally ruined by perception of the company and the product.

Volkswagen Company Information