2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Volkswagen is a German car manufacturer of sedans, SUVs, wagons, convertibles and compact cars. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Volkswagen Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The car looks great on the outside, the inside as well. Very comfortable car and spacious. The drive is smooth and affordable in gas. It's not a big SUV and not too small. Enough room to fit 5 people and a large trunk. Very happy with the design of the vehicle. As for the engine, I did have a few issues. Instead of a timing belt it's a chain which needs to be changed and very costly. The pieces are ok in price but had to add some extra money on top of my payments. That was the downfall of this purchase.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The fit and finish on my VW is on another level compared to domestics in the segment. The car has held up quite nicely. Service at the dealership is a bit pricey so I've found a good independent mechanic. Overall my Eos delivers a great experience on summer days and feels comfortable enough for long haul road trips up and down the I-5.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The GTI is one of the best all around cars on the market today as far as overall versatility. It may not be the best in any singular category (performance, mpg, comfort, etc.), but it’s cumulatively better than 90-95% of the cars that it competes against. The GTI’s changes over the model years have been subtle with VW finely tuning & refining a proven & successful platform. I’ve owned cars that were more luxurious, had more performance, were much more aesthetically pleasing design-wise...yet, the 5 GTIs that I own/have owned, have never failed to provide me with an exhilarating drive.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Our Sales Agent Pete ** and the Sales Manager Paul ** of Durham Volkswagen went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with our purchase of the VW Atlas. Very pleasant personality and very patient, everyone we met there were all very accommodating. I highly recommend Durham VW and we are very happy with our purchase.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have had VW wagons with sunroofs all my life. They have been incredible and reliable. I have never had a problem until my 2017, 20k miles sunroof leaking, the dealer says it’s clogged tubes. What in the world??? The car lives in the garage and it’s new. None of my family members' car have given problems under the same circumstances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Volkswagen?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased a lemon. (2018 GTI Autobahn). The car has been serviced 6 times in 8 months for a faulty sunroof. The issue still remains. I filed a claim with VW corporate and it was denied. I would stay away from VW. I'm taking this as a loss. :( STAY AWAY from GTI's with SUNROOFS!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan bad experience. The Volkswagen Tiguan is the worst experience in my life. Since I bought the car after 3 months nothing but problems. The dealership gave me the customer service for Volkswagen to complaint but they did not do anything about it. I am going to trade this car. Never in my life I would never purchase another Volkswagen. The worst experience. Stay away from Volkswagen.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My VW Jetta has some trouble starting today. So I took it to VW of Coconut Creek, FL to have it checked out. They said they would charge me $138.50 for diagnosis and if I get the device done after that, they would apply this charge against the service. They found the problem with my battery and replaced it, however they didn’t deduct the diagnosis charge from final invoice. They charged me ~$300 ($147 for new battery, $138.50 for diagnosis and test shop supplies, misc and tax). When I asked, they said the$138.50 was for installing the battery and setting it up. That is just bizarre. They just made up something to charge me more. I am reporting this so people are aware of this practice and avoid using this dealer as much as possible.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had my VW Jetta for three years, the problem began when I wanted to purchase the vehicle I leased. It took 3 months of calling to get the payoff in writing. I would call VW Credit and sit on hold for at least 30 minutes, before someone would answer. If I could stay on hold that long, I work full-time, and my Mother had heart surgery, so time was not something I had a lot of. If and or when someone would answer, one of two things would happen. They would disconnect me or tell me they could not help me. Call the dealership.

I call the dealership and they tell me to call VW Credit. Finally, I got the payoff, then the check engine light comes on. Guess what happened when I took it to the dealership, the same all over again. I've been there three times with nothing in writing as to what's wrong with it. Plus an open recall that was not even addressed. I am saddened by the complete disconnect from VW. I have an appointment at a local Ford dealership, that has a former VW technician on staff to diagnose the problem. I really thought VW was a quality product, I never had this problem with a Ford.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

VW builds cars that have superior handling, above average fuel economy at a decent price. Build quality is also very good although I have had issues with leaking sunroofs on 2 wagons. On balance I still feel the overall value and driving experience are worth it to me.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Volkswagen Company Information