Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.65/5

Toyota RAV4

The Toyota RAV4 was the first compact crossover SUV to come on the market in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

255 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had no problem until at 10 thousand miles I brought the car in for an oil change. Ever since I have been having problems and my regular mechanic said it is definitely the catalytic converter. My car does not run that well but my main complaint is the constant odor of rotten eggs and a burning smell. The problem has to show up on their computer in order for them to fix it. The assistant manager said the guys do not take the cars for test drives because they work on profit. I feel like I want to give the car back but it would affect my credit too much. I feel trapped like there is nothing I can do because Toyota is such a large company. Maybe by writing this I can help someone from going with a Toyota. I will never get a Toyota again.

Original review: July 2, 2019

We recently bought a 2019 Toyota Rav 4 adventure model, it has a serious growling noise and everyone stares at you when you're driving by. Toyota hasn't done a thing to fix it. I didn't spend that kind of money to drive a lemon. I highly recommend you buy a different type of SUV, Toyota don't care about their customer's needs.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I leased 2018 RAV4, my 2nd Toyota. I have been complaining about the poor stopping distance since I got the car; Toyota service kept saying it is normal. At my 10k mile checkup, suddenly all 4 brakes have failed, requiring replacement of pads AND rotors. The Service Manager told me it is extremely rare for all 4 to fail at once, let alone at 10k miles. I've owned over 15 cars in 40+ years of driving, and have NEVER had a brake issue. The Dealership offered to cover front pads only, which makes no sense to me. I have contacted Toyota Corporate, who did manage to get front and back pads covered, and will get back to me regarding if they will cover the rotors or not.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Hello, I purchased Toyota RAV4 2018 XLE from Toyota of Langhorne, PA in December 2018. The salesman offered me to cover entire car with plastic wrap and I asked why this was necessary. He told me it's to protect paint from stones and other objects that may damage the paint. I refused but after 1700 miles I saw so many chipped out spots from the door and one spot on hood looks like the paint melted. I have a Toyota Sienna 2005 Le for 15 years and all doors looks very good and not so many chipped out spots. Toyota not doing quality cars anymore and my neighbor who is a car dealer said: "Toyota stopped using previous technology and went to cheap materials." Please look into this.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Bought a brand new Toyota RAV4 hybrid design 2019 last week and found that, the navigation system and the software is completely a disaster and disappointment. The directions are not clear and giving a wrong audio description as well. At the most, basic functionalities like --- Mirrorlink, Miracast and E-Store are also not working. Fundamentally the noise reduction is very poor compare to old Rav4 hybrid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota RAV4?

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have a 2014 RAV4 and overall have been happy with my vehicle. One day the radio Bluetooth system was working. The next day it stopped. It keeps showing the system looping. It appears this happens a lot with the RAV4 and checked the fuse, and connections, nothing is wrong with these items. Toyota should correct this problem since it appears it happens more often than not. I have never had a car radio go out on any other vehicles that I owned. Will see what the Toyota dealership will offer to do.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Bought the vehicle brand new. Loved everything about it. Now it has 19,500 miles on it and it need brakes. Called and complained to dealer since I have the extended warranty. They said, nope normal wear and tear. I have never gone through brakes on any vehicle under 50,000 miles. Service manager calls back and says this is normal for a RAV 4. The brakes aren't big enough to handle the weight of this vehicle? How can this be legal to sell? They told me it will be $135 to do a complete inspection. I said. "Why would I want to pay you to do the brakes, they don't last. UGH.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav 4 limited. Paint has peeled off entire roof. Started to peel between the wind shield and sunroof, and now the paint is literally blowing off the entire top of my car. There are huge chunks peeling off the side and now now on the has gas cap cover. I have read many reviews with the same problem with Toyota refusing to fix the issue.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Own a white RAV4 and the paint started peeling this winter. Now it's just coming off like crazy! Badly painted by Toyota. They should really do something to fix the problem, but it seems they don't want to take responsibility. I've been a long time Toyota owner and was about to buy a work truck. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

Original review: April 9, 2019

In October 2017 I bought a new RAV4. On May 2018 I reported that my car smell like moho and humidity. Also on the paint started to appear a kind of dark spots. Since May 2018 until today, they are more dark spots around my car everywhere. Toyota said it was caused by an acid rain and my car insurance have to pay for it. LOL. January 2019 I had issue with the battery 3 times. Finally they replaced the battery. The issue with the smell still caused me problems and they don’t resolve this yet. I didn’t get warranty for the issue on the paint. Conclusion, I am having a lot of issue with this car in just 18 months that any other car that I had before. I cannot said all Toyota cars are bad, maybe I got the bad one and the real problem is Toyota does not want to respond for that issue and I have to continue paying a high price for something that is cheap. I feel like they stole me.

Toyota RAV4 Company Information