Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.64/5

Toyota RAV4

The Toyota RAV4 was the first compact crossover SUV to come on the market in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

251 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My 2017 RAV4 XLE engine is a 2.5 liter 2AR-FE, that is going to be replaced for 2019 model with the new 2.5l. A25A-FKS new platform TNGA Toyota New Global Architecture. Problem: My heel hurts. In my opinion is the accelerator spring too strong, say to avoid unintended acceleration. I think Toyota overreacted to past problems, that in reality were software malfunctions, but for public relations purposes the mats were blamed. All cars have mats and we have driven over them for many years, but only now Toyota decided to blame the mats. Toyotas are great, but I wish you can share with me a solution how can I replace the accelerator with an ergonomic, softer and better designed? Perhaps is there in the market a replacement? Perhaps the new TNGA platform brings solution to this problem?

Original review: June 20, 2018

Love this vehicle for my family of three plus two large dogs with the two dogs in the very back, daughters car seat in the back, and plenty of room for passengers! The keyless ignition is nice and I love how it unlocks when I bring the key for near the door. Great for when I'm bringing groceries to the car and have my hands full! Spacious and functional! We love traveling with this vehicle. The latch straps are great for popping the car seat in! The back opens up like a door (side opening vs top opening) and it's got good safety ratings. Plenty of space to separate kids and dogs! I love the heated seats and backup camera! I enjoy how quiet and smooth the ride is as well!

However, I dislike the gas mileage and size of gas tank. I feel like we fly through every fill up and the tank size is small. Aside from that I do not have any complaints or concerns! We love Toyota vehicles since both of us have owned Camrys with several hundred thousand miles with minimal repairs. The brand was definitely a huge deciding factor along with the reviews online. Great vehicle overall! It's positive, enjoyable and fun.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This car is replacing my previous RAV4, which my daughter is now driving. Toyota has been a dependable brand for us for many years. I love the styling, size and handling of the RAV4. I feel very confident driving it in any weather that Maine throws at us. It is a very roomy and reliable car. It has the rear backup screen and Bluetooth which I love. It was satisfying and exceeding my expectations. Since I previously owned a RAV4, there was no adjustment to the size and handling of the vehicle. I really liked the way the rear of my old RAV4 opened to the side like a regular car door. If I could change anything about this newer one, it would be to have the rear door open like the old one as I am a shorter person and have to reach to close the current one.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I like the size of the vehicle. It's is a crossover SUV. The gas mileage is great. It has a great deal of space for moving things from place to place when the backseat is put down, which is extremely easy to do. The luggage rack on top makes it easy to add more storage for travel or my kayak which won't fit in the car. I feel safe during it and it has a good overall feel. I have found it to be a reliable automobile. I'm also in general a Toyota buyer. They price help too. It has everything I need as far as features. Just standards not extra. I will get my next vehicle at fully loaded as I can. However, I would have added a third row seat as there is enough room. The speaker system also leaves a lot to be desired. I wish the cup holders were in the middle between the seats and not right under the console. And in general I miss armrests.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I'm very satisfied and I love this small SUV! It's my second one and it's wonderful. It has lots of room including back and front seat leg room and seats are comfortable even for long rides. The pick up is quick for getting onto freeways and passing and we haven't had any major or even minor problems. It is always ready for anything and it has amazing traction in bad weather too. We don't use the roof rack much but it comes in handy for those large awkward pieces of furniture or a kayak or two. Plus, getting in is easy as it's not too high off the ground. I also love the side opening back; I'm short and the ones that open going up are hard for me. The next car we buy will be another RAV4.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota RAV4?

Original review: May 18, 2019

Bought a brand new Toyota RAV4 hybrid design 2019 last week and found that, the navigation system and the software is completely a disaster and disappointment. The directions are not clear and giving a wrong audio description as well. At the most, basic functionalities like --- Mirrorlink, Miracast and E-Store are also not working. Fundamentally the noise reduction is very poor compare to old Rav4 hybrid.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have a 2014 RAV4 and overall have been happy with my vehicle. One day the radio Bluetooth system was working. The next day it stopped. It keeps showing the system looping. It appears this happens a lot with the RAV4 and checked the fuse, and connections, nothing is wrong with these items. Toyota should correct this problem since it appears it happens more often than not. I have never had a car radio go out on any other vehicles that I owned. Will see what the Toyota dealership will offer to do.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Bought the vehicle brand new. Loved everything about it. Now it has 19,500 miles on it and it need brakes. Called and complained to dealer since I have the extended warranty. They said, nope normal wear and tear. I have never gone through brakes on any vehicle under 50,000 miles. Service manager calls back and says this is normal for a RAV 4. The brakes aren't big enough to handle the weight of this vehicle? How can this be legal to sell? They told me it will be $135 to do a complete inspection. I said. "Why would I want to pay you to do the brakes, they don't last. UGH.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have a 2010 Toyota Rav 4 limited. Paint has peeled off entire roof. Started to peel between the wind shield and sunroof, and now the paint is literally blowing off the entire top of my car. There are huge chunks peeling off the side and now now on the has gas cap cover. I have read many reviews with the same problem with Toyota refusing to fix the issue.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Own a white RAV4 and the paint started peeling this winter. Now it's just coming off like crazy! Badly painted by Toyota. They should really do something to fix the problem, but it seems they don't want to take responsibility. I've been a long time Toyota owner and was about to buy a work truck. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

Toyota RAV4 Company Information