Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
3.56/5

Toyota RAV4

The Toyota RAV4 was the first compact crossover SUV to come on the market in 1994. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

236 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The paint is peeling off my 2011 Toyota Rav4. Mine is not the only one with this problem as I've seen others with the same issue. It appears to be all 2011 models with the pearl white paint. Contacted Toyota, and they will not even acknowledge the problem and do not have a solution. Will never purchase another Toyota because of this.

Original review: June 21, 2018

RAV4 is the best car I've ever owned. Been driving it for years with very minimal work needed and never any lights on the dash unless they are supposed to be! I will never own another American car. I love how it's still small and cute but yet has a ton of space. I've fit all kinds of stuff in it from palettes, beds, dressers and huge TVs amongst other things. It's a very smooth driving car, though it would be nice with maybe more cool features and better cup holders. It has a warning that it tips over more easy than other vehicles so maybe a bit more wide than narrow.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Love this vehicle for my family of three plus two large dogs with the two dogs in the very back, daughters car seat in the back, and plenty of room for passengers! The keyless ignition is nice and I love how it unlocks when I bring the key for near the door. Great for when I'm bringing groceries to the car and have my hands full! Spacious and functional! We love traveling with this vehicle. The latch straps are great for popping the car seat in! The back opens up like a door (side opening vs top opening) and it's got good safety ratings. Plenty of space to separate kids and dogs! I love the heated seats and backup camera! I enjoy how quiet and smooth the ride is as well!

However, I dislike the gas mileage and size of gas tank. I feel like we fly through every fill up and the tank size is small. Aside from that I do not have any complaints or concerns! We love Toyota vehicles since both of us have owned Camrys with several hundred thousand miles with minimal repairs. The brand was definitely a huge deciding factor along with the reviews online. Great vehicle overall! It's positive, enjoyable and fun.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This car is replacing my previous RAV4, which my daughter is now driving. Toyota has been a dependable brand for us for many years. I love the styling, size and handling of the RAV4. I feel very confident driving it in any weather that Maine throws at us. It is a very roomy and reliable car. It has the rear backup screen and Bluetooth which I love. It was satisfying and exceeding my expectations. Since I previously owned a RAV4, there was no adjustment to the size and handling of the vehicle. I really liked the way the rear of my old RAV4 opened to the side like a regular car door. If I could change anything about this newer one, it would be to have the rear door open like the old one as I am a shorter person and have to reach to close the current one.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It's comfortable, good price, economic, nice to drive, good motor, resister and low maintenance. It doesn't use a lot gas and it's not inconvenient, has back up camera and good power. However, it's manual starting and don't have navigator, automatic windows nor heating system on the chairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota RAV4?

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love this car because of the backup camera and it is all wheel drive big enough for my family. My dog can fit in the back also with my daughter so I dont have to take her to the vet without my daughter and also I can do all my grocery shopping. I can fit 5 people in my car. It handles its self very well in the snow. I love that the lights are easily accessed and how bright and far the lights go, the heat works through the whole car, the different defrost buttons for the car. It also has the option where I can put only half the seat down not the whole thing which is great. I can also store some stuff in the trunk under the flap. Also the oil for the car is great. However, the brakes go too fast on the car it seems like and I also dont like how some doesnt have heated seats which I'm used to from my other car but I can get used to it. I wish I could put 3 car seats in my car but I cant and I wish it would've come with a storage under the backseats for my kids stuff.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I've love my Toyota RAV4! It fits everything I need it to. I can run carpool with my neighbor's kids and mine. There's a tone of space in the back, so going on trips or even large grocery runs are so easy. It's a hatchback, so I can fit so much in there. With two kids, going on trips in the car requires a lot of room for necessities. We have no problem putting everything in the car. It would be great if it had separate AC vents in the back. There isn't too much room, but I still would be wonderful to have so the kids don't get too hot. Other than that, it's a great car.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love this car! Smooth and balanced ride. I love taking rides because I feel so comfortable in the car. My kids and grandkids love the car too. The features are great and useful. I have no problem using them at all. They are helpful and most are handsfree. Most perks are included in the steering wheel. It's a perfect fit for me. It's wonderful and exciting.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I love my RAV4. I like the color because it stays cool in the summer. It is white with tan interior. It runs very smoothly and gets pretty good gas mileage. I like the room in the back seat. It is enough for my kids and all our stuff. I wanted a compact SUV that wasn't too big or too small so the RAV4 is perfect. I have always preferred Toyotas. They are always worth more when you resell them. I like the electronic dashboard with navigation system but I wish the GPS was upgraded and sometimes the iPod connector thing gets stuck when I'm trying to start up my music. I also wish the gas mileage was a little better and the engine would rev up faster when I'm trying to pass another car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my Toyota RAV4. Whether I'm driving around town or on the highway for a road trip it's still fun to drive. It's economical to drive and works well. It's reliable and I enjoy driving it. It gets good gas mileage as well. I like the styling and the color. But I would like to add parking assist to help me with parallel parking in town. In addition to heated seats and remote car starter would like to see more entertainment options on this vehicle.

Toyota RAV4 Company Information