Toyota

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

VENZA has engine vibration between 1800 and 2000 RPM. Dealer could not identify where the noise came from and why the vibration occurred between 1800 and 2000 RPM. It has also L shape crack on the front windshield. The crack is inside between top and bottom glasses. It could be caused by the glass defect.

I would like to know if anyone had a ticking or clinging sound, but didn't know from where. I thought maybe I had a nail on my tire so was gonna get it checked out but didn't have a chance to due to my car breaking down and notice that day the noise got louder that day. Well my car started to jerk and smoke from my engine and completely shut down while I was entering the hi-way.

Well Toyota is where I maintenance my vehicle and not once did they ever tell me if anything was wrong with my car. I have had my engine light and my maintenance light on, I took it to Auto Zone. First they had told me that it was my battery and starter. So I replaced my battery first but notice that my engine light and maintenance light will go off and on. I thought it was just the starter since It hadn't been replaced with a new one. I also notice that it sounded like the piston were working too hard... Something just didn't sound right. My husband notice that the dip stick showed no oil. So I went to PEP BOYS and did a oil change since it was just around the corner.

Then the next day or two it sounded like I had no oil and showed low again, so they redid oil changed again with no cost. After that I recall taking my car to Toyota to do another oil change not too long after that. It's been almost a year since this happened with my lights and oil. Now Toyota is saying that noise that I was hearing was that something came loose inside the engine. I don't believe that for one bit. I believe it was a knocking in the engine due to not having enough oil. My oil change was supposed to be coming up at the end of November.

My vehicle has been broken down for about 2 weeks or more and Toyota does not want to fix it. If something came apart in my engine I will call that a defect on their end. I'm not an expert of knowing if something is wrong with my car... I would think that they'll be the ones to let me know since I maintenance my vehicle with them. I will never buy another vehicle through them!

We bought our Toyota Yaris brand new in 2008. After one year, the paint on the roof began to peel. At first it was just a small bubble of paint. But over the past few years, the peeling has spread to our entire roof. We asked the dealership about it and were told that it was our problem, that we would need to pay for a paint job. We couldn't figure out what was causing it. But we took the dealership at their word. Recently, we've noticed other Yaris' with the same issue. Most of them have been blue, just like ours. All of the peeling paint has been on the roof. We just saw one today that's red. We talked with one of the owners and she showed us where the peeling paint had moved down toward the driver's side door. Toyota needs to do a recall for a free paint job. The resale value of the car is diminished by the slip-shot paint job.

I own a 2008 Toyota Sequoia and my GPS system stopped working while driving it. Dealership states there is nothing they can do as well as Toyota Corporate. Their solution: Replace unit at a tune of $2K. No diagnosing of what the problem could be, they don't have personnel to do this, etc. Toyota Corporate did offer to pay half of replacement though. I'm ecstatic! Like hell. Why should I replace a navigation system at $1K, when I don't know what the problem is. Love my Sequoia and planned to purchase another when and if the body style changes. Scratch that! Toyota will not be getting my business again.

Called Toyota today. Had a problem with the 2009 Toyota Corolla with their power steering. They claimed that only a service manual was sent out back in 2010. But where they LIED is the fact there is a class action law suit that was just settled on April 4th 2016 saying that we were entitled to a 50% refund for the amount paid on the fix... Instead they LIED and said that there was no other information and when I brought up the suit he said well since its not listed on his end there was nothing he could do... Useless isn't even the word to describe Toyota Customer Service. What a Joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

I have driven a Toyota for the last 11 years. My first was an echo then I bought a new corolla ascent in 2008. I loved that car and nothing ever went wrong. I would have given a 100% satisfaction. In Oct 2015 I traded it in for a corolla ascent sport. What a difference - First of all I did a hill start and smelt burning or petrol. When I complained to Toyota they said it's my driving... I've been driving for over 20 years and never experienced this before.

And in June 2016 I find a hole in the seam on the back of the driver chair. My instinct tell me that it is a weak material/stitching but also a weak joint in the manufacturing of the chair itself. Toyota tell me it's the material and will change the seat cover. Today 21 June 2016 I drop my car off at the service centre. I stress my concern on the weakness of the chair itself. I pick my car up and they haven't changed the cover, they have ordered a new back for the seat. I was right, it was a fault in the chair itself. Shame on Toyota. They were always right up there with safety. Now I'm not so sure. This seat would have crumpled had I been in an accident. I describe this car as ascetically lovely but cheap manufacturing. I would never have said this pre this car.