2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.2/5 (341 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I am really grateful that Toyota carries them warranty but I also think that it shouldn't cost anything. I'm disabled. Ain't get no stimulus. Has no nothing. No help and I can't afford to pay for a warranty on my car any longer so I think that you guys could be helpful with that.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

It’s through the dealership and I trust that it will get fixed correctly. It is not from some third party company who I have no idea is legitimate or not. You never know till the first time you need help.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

The warranty covers trip interruptions paying you up to $150.00 a day if the car is in the shop. Also $0 dollar deductible on all repairs with towing included to the closest Toyota dealership. 10 years or 125000 miles of coverage.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Haven’t had to use it yet but it covers everything bumper to bumper. It’s the platinum level so no deductible, seems very good so far and it’s with Toyota so I feel it’s a good coverage. Will let you know at a later date if and when I get need it or use it.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I was pretty much pressured into buying an extended auto warranty for my new car. I never needed to use it; it expired and I haven't had any major repairs in 16 years. Consumer Reports advises against buying the warranties. I bought my daughter one, and canceled it to get my money back.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Vehicles that have soy based wire coverings and companies not telling customers is awful! Especially when you purchase a brand new one and you have to replace out of pocket $4000 before it's a year old! Also I was told after the fact that there's some kind rodent tape I could put on it after they replace the harness at my cost or turn it into our insurance and we still pay our deductible! Toyota should be a shamed of their self. I had a used 4 runner for 7+yrs and never had any major issues. Which is why we purchased the new one. This issue many people are having and toyota doesn't want to cover it under warranty is ridiculous! So disappointed! Get the rodent tape before your wires are bare!! Beware vehicle owners!

Original review: March 18, 2021

The front driver seat's edge of my 2019 Toyota Highlander is completely smashed and it makes driving and especially getting out of the car very uncomfortable (not even talking about the look and value of the 3 year old car). I noticed the problem almost a year ago, since then it's been getting worse and I asked for the seat replacement last December, when the car was 2 years 8 months old and still under the full warranty. I went to the Desert Toyota and a manager there found my complaints reasonable and submitted a claim.

We got a response from Toyota in about a month and they refused to replace or fix a seat under the warranty saying that it's simply an "outside influence". I believe that it's ridiculous since I weigh 120lb and have less than 30,000 miles over those years. Moreover, this is my THIRD Toyota Highlander. I've had the previous one for about 10 years and no problem with any of the seats with the same usage. Obviously something was wrong with that seat from the beginning and it should be replaced under the warranty.

Otherwise, if it's just normal wear and tear according to Toyota, what kind of garbage was it made from if it won't even last three years with average usage? I'm not even talking about other minor issues that we've been having with that car. My previous Toyota started having more serious issues but only after about 7 years of usage. The first one was almost perfect. It looks like the quality of a Highlander is going down the drain. Definitely, it's going to be the last Toyota that we buy.

Original review: March 1, 2021

My son bought an used 2006 Toyota Avalon last year. The dashboard is cracked. After doing some online search we found a recall for this problem. I called Toyota today to learn they don’t honor this recall anymore. The word I received is that because the recall is expired, they don’t repair the problematic dashboard anymore. My conclusion here is: don’t buy Toyota, they don’t stand by their products. Competition here we go. There are other companies out there that stand by their brand.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I called them up and complained about the dealership where I bought the car from. They pretty much told me I got a deal with them by myself to calling the dealer and solve the problem myself. I talked with Whitney and Randal my case # **. If they cannot help you why they are there for? Calling the dealership it’s like throwing the rocks on the wall. I did call. They never called back. This is how Toyota care about their customers. I would never ever buy another Toyota and I would never recommend a Toyota to anyone and I will tell everyone else stay away from Toyota dealers. I feel like like I’ve been discriminated by them because my accent in my language. I’m immigrant from Europe. They take it advantage on me because they thinking I don’t understand. Shame on you Toyota. Shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid only allows for Apple Play compatibility when using the GPS system. I don't have an Apple phone. I have an Android phone. Toyota refuses to update GPS system for compatibility to Android. They only did this in 2020 to include both Apple Play and Android capabilities. They refuse to update my 2019 that I purchased October 2019 and I feel that they are favoring Apple. Not everyone has an Apple phone, me included. I feel this is discriminatory towards those owners of Android phones and that Apple has paid off or done a deal with Toyota to exclude Android Users.

Toyota Company Information