2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.2/5 (474 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Toyota

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Toyota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They are very accommodating with my hectic work schedule. They always come and talk to me to let me know what issues if any need to be addressed especially in order of importance before doing any further work.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I am really grateful that Toyota carries them warranty but I also think that it shouldn't cost anything. I'm disabled. Ain't get no stimulus. Has no nothing. No help and I can't afford to pay for a warranty on my car any longer so I think that you guys could be helpful with that.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

It’s through the dealership and I trust that it will get fixed correctly. It is not from some third party company who I have no idea is legitimate or not. You never know till the first time you need help.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

The warranty covers trip interruptions paying you up to $150.00 a day if the car is in the shop. Also $0 dollar deductible on all repairs with towing included to the closest Toyota dealership. 10 years or 125000 miles of coverage.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Haven’t had to use it yet but it covers everything bumper to bumper. It’s the platinum level so no deductible, seems very good so far and it’s with Toyota so I feel it’s a good coverage. Will let you know at a later date if and when I get need it or use it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

So back in 2017 I had an auto accident where I was found not at fault and I was given a large sum of cash from my insurance to help pay for a new vehicle. During the time of obtaining the funds I decided to try to head back to Toyota and get another Toyota Camry Hybrid as this was my all time favorite vehicle and to this date and time still is.

Well needless to say me and my wife head down here and I was approached immediately which I told one rep I was here to buy a new Toyota Camry Hybrid. He attempted to ask me sales pitch questions like what's my number or figure I am looking at with cash down and what kind of payment. I immediately told him to give me time to go over the features in the vehicle, colors available, and pricing.

The sales guy agreed and showed me the lot and long story short he once more once near the vehicles asked me again about price, down payment, cash or financing and I cut him off and said, "Look I won't say that right now, because I need to see the vehicles and colors." Once I located the one I wanted I simply asked what is the overall price of the vehicle I found. He then tried to gain more information on what I wanted and again cash flow.

I told my wife we were leaving. I am not going to waste my time with this guy. I simply never dealt with this before as this must have been a new tactic by this particular person, but the last sales guy I dealt with was not even close to being this ignorant or pushy. I went to another dealer which was not the same model I wanted, but nonetheless I did not deal with any of the aggravation I dealt with here.

The reason I kept this information from the sales guy was simple. They use that information against customers. Colors, features, cash down, and financing is easy to push a higher valued vehicle with more features than I wanted or needed. I know this, because my Uncle was a Salesman and taught me what they do. All I simply wanted to do was point out the vehicle I wanted to explain all the details afterwards.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

40 plus years of buying nothing but Toyota. 4 in my driveway right now. But no more! They used to be excellent about addressing defects in their vehicles. No more - they refuse to correct flawed HID headlight systems short of paying them about 4,000 for replacement with the "improved" headlight assemblies. They were always on top of safety issues in the past regardless of whether your vehicle was still in warranty or not. Even when recalls were not mandated. Obviously when they won't take care of widespread randomly failing headlights, that policy is no more. So I say - Toyota no more!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They took the DVD player out of their new minivans. Worst mistake ever in a family car. Don’t pay for the expensive rear entertainment package because it doesn’t work. Just trying to get more money out of people I guess. Not everyone can afford or wants to pay for streaming services. Give me back the DVD player I paid for.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

OK, at first I loved this car bought it used with only 29,000 miles on it. It's very attractive and pleasing to the eye. Love the Sea Glass Pearl color. Now, having driven it 15K+ miles, I feel it is important to share some observations. Great mileage, you bet. Easy maneuverability, yes. So what is the issue? Visibility!! It is poor. The back door split design stinks. The car is low and with the little mini windows in front of the regular windows, it is a challenge to see some things that a higher car with single windows allow for.

If you bump into anything, you are talking a major repair as the entire bumper needs replacement. That costs almost $800. And, it has happened to me twice. Once backing up at dusk with a ships anchor in the dirt along the fence, not visible because of being too low. Second, hitting a part of a broken wall that, again, was not visible due to being too low. I AM a good driver in case you're wondering but my height and the cars proximity to the ground make it a quick victim of any really low edifice even parking concrete bumpers. I thought this was going to be great but the visibility has changed my mind. Other issue, the cockpit design with the raised storage between seats is very inconvenient. This was obviously designed by a man and not a woman. Toyotas in general are getting a bad rap since assemblage in the US of A. Used to be great cars. I'd say try something else!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Lets examine how Toyota treats its customers. Helped my 76 old mother purchase a new Corolla Hatchback as my dad suddenly died before they could go car shopping. I needed to wait for the state license plates to arrive so as to replace the plastic dealer branded plates. I find that the the rear dealer plate had been attached to the rear bumper cover using two shorter self-tapping screws. There are two 2" x 2 1/8" holes completely through the bumper cover, exposing the internal aluminum structure of the bumper. Just above these are screws holes with metal clips. These are for mounting Japanese license plates, but are not even usable for that as the metal clips have no internal threads. Toyota's solution for attaching American plates is to attach the plate directly to the bumper cover large screws that are typically used here to secure metal siding to a farm building.

The front license plate bracket has snaps to the front grill along its bottom edge. Toyota's solution for attaching the top of the license plate bracket and the top of the plates is to use even two larger screws through the front of the grill. The front license plate bracket is not a Toyota part, but something one of their distributors or dealer put on. Likely one of their distributors as it has holes for American, Japanese and Australian plates, which are are screwed into the front of the grill. Even if this had been an official Toyota part, it would still attach to the front grill in the same manner.

This not only damages the car, but prevents the use of any aftermarket license plate brackets as these rely on machine screws that fit into internally threaded screw holes. I have used aftermarket license plate cases for year as they protect the license plate from the environment and protect the car from the license plate. Toyota instead expects you to screws the plate directly onto the back of the bumper cover where it will be unprotected and scratch the car.

Toyota has gone out of its way to hide this fact form potential buyers. Every single photo of this model on their website, printed materials and inventory searches has a simulated license plate over the rear bumper cover so you can see the two large holes and metal clips for Japanese plates as well as four small circles indicating where to drill holes for American plates. Every single photos of this product does not show a license plate attached to the front of the vehicle at all. They have also digitally removed the small "drill here" dots from the front grill.

Upon searching Google I find that the company has been engaged in this fraud for a number of years and did nothing to address consumer complaints. The company and dealer response is that you were dumb enough to be suckered by our fraud so it's your problem. They refuse to do anything. I encourage you to contact your state attorney general and a law firm engaged in class action lawsuits to make Toyota pay for its fraud. **

Toyota Company Information