4.09/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

My mother used my car (better mileage) to pick up my daughter and once they came my car was parked in the garage with the door closed. I never questioned to check since my mom usually does this task just fine. I know her memory isn’t as sharp as it was 5 years ago but at age 62 she is showing some decline in memory. Anyway, I luckily needed to put boxes away in the attached garage and that’s when I found my car running with the garage door down with keys inside. It had been running for over an hour.

The only thing that kept me and my kids from suffering was the electric features on this car kept the car from using gas to create CO levels quickly. There was some CO released enough to give me a headache but it could have been a silent killer for my family that night as we weren’t planning on leaving the home for another 30 hours. I was just questioning last week why I still pay my higher car payment on a great mileage vehicle when I work from home but now I know why. I won’t be trading her in anytime soon... it saved me and my kids lives.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have dealt with the Ganley (formerly Geller) dealership for 40 years. During that time the service department and sales consultants have for the most part been exemplary. I was distraught when my 2013 Scion XD was totaled by a driver running a red light. No one was injured or killed; however, I could barely think straight about a replacement car both with financing and the Scion's unavailability.

Sales consultant, Matt **, was outstanding and empathic about my situation. He is a star when it comes to following through with every detail. Dan **, John, and Mike ** are incredible in Service. All this dealership's mechanics also work on Mercedes as it is a dual dealership - a definite added advantage. Matt advised me that the 2019 CH-R XLE would be a great car for me and take away the sting of my losing my prior car. He was correct. The CH-R XLE has beautiful styling and has so many safety features that my car insurance rates went down. Ganley Toyota is a wonderful dealership and truly represents the Quality of the Toyota brand.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

LC (Prado) seems still a reliable choice. Bought this in Switzerland, but all LC 150 are produced in Japan directly, so quality should be the same worldwide. That is the main reason for its reliability anyway. This facelift is so far (50000 KM) as well built as the predecessors. No problems whatsoever. The facelift overhaul got also rid of some design issues inside, like outdated looks and feel. Still Toyota and most Asian cars look a bit outdated (like 10 years back) inside compared to German cars for e.g., but the Toyota wasn't bought for superior gimmicks but for long lasting performance.

Navigation is good, but a bit slow to pick up when booted. That is the only bad thing I could complain about. Missing functions: Smartphone integration does not have access to external antenna (shark-antenna only used for radio reception it seems) like even 10 year old "premium" Volkswagen/Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc do have. So your device will need to get out of the Faraday-cage inside the car, which deteriorates speech quality and introduced a lot of unnecessary EM-pollution to all passengers/driver easily exceeding exposure limits. This is true for all Toyota cars unfortunately. Also noise cancellation is inferior too...

But this car shines with superior durability and offroad performance. Superior interleaving and 4 wheel drive. Excellent upgrade options. Only Range Rover Defender (useless for daily drive req. though) and G class Mercedes (overpriced) are a match of still produced cars. Engine is 2.8L Diesel with Toyota tuning to 200HP. In Europe Toyota is no longer selling the big LC 200 due to emission constraints.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I can't begin to tell you enough about how awesome this car is. It is fun to drive, easy to maintain, and every single functioning piece of equipment is of the best quality I have ever owned. I have all the Toyota Camry in the past and it was awesome as well. The only thing that this car could not withstand was one time when I was unfortunately stuck up on a block ice and snow that the plows left on the road on an exit ramp in the dark. Somehow when I hit the snowbank a sensor fell off the bumper but it remained dangling inside the bumper for a very long time whilst I tried to figure out why my car was not running right. All I had to do was snap the sensor back in the bumper and my entire vehicle runs like new again. The strange thing was that the misplaced sensor caused my engine to idle rough and not give enough air to the engine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I received my Toyota Yaris 2007 (sedan) as a Christmas gift while in High school in 2010. At the time it only had 26k miles on it, now it has 185k and shows no signs of giving out. Between high school, college, road trips, and long daily commutes, I have put this car through the wringer! Outside of routine oil changes, I haven’t had to spend much on maintenance. I have had to replace the belts a few times, brakes twice (first shop did it wrong and did not even replace nor check the rear brakes), and now it needs a new wheel bearing. I would say that’s pretty good for such a small car with high mileage. I am now looking for another car because I have a little one and the compact size does not agree with a growing toddler. But I won’t be trading in this car. I’ll be passing it down to my niece. Toyota really does prioritize dependability!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My Prius is fine. However, I regret this recent purchase as I have just learned that Toyota is irresponsibly abetting the attempt to reduce emission/mileage standards. I have bought a number of Toyotas in the past and have always thought that I was helping to move, however slowly, towards the massive reduction in emissions that we achieve before further collapse makes that question, and so many others (as well as auto makers' profits) moot! I truly hope that Toyota's management will consider our collective future and abandon this position - and regain my trust.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My Toyota Camry I bought Brand New had a squeaking noise in the struts only at 47,000 miles. Back Struts were changed at the dealership. The warranty coverage for this car is only 36,000 miles or 36 months. I have to pay out of pocket $ 376,00.00 hard cash. Very very very bad reputation for a Toyota car that I have had so much respect for due to recommendations I have had. Very very disappointed and bad experience with Toyota 2018 Camry SE.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

My car is under a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty! My grill has peeled off twice now, same issue. The first time Toyota replaced it. No problem! The second time it happened they refused to do so saying that it looked like an outside influence like a pressurized wand. Duhhh I take it thru the car wash!! Consumers need to be aware that if you take your car thru a regular car wash and their cheap grill peels then it's not their responsibility. So disappointed with Toyota. After years of owning them definitely going to change that!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Toyota Safety Sense saved my life. I was driving my 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid, Only 2 months old, on a freeway when I had a seizure. (I know this because I have a dash cam.) I first pulled over to the side of the road just prior to the event. I then had the seizure and when it stopped I was VERY oblivious to my surroundings. I pulled forward on the shoulder and was passing cars in the lanes and finally got onto the roadway. You could hear my 'lane assist' and 'Break assist' alarming several times while driving the 20+ miles down the freeway. When I came to I had ZERO relocation of how I got there. Upon listening and watching the dash cam I HEARD how that blessed car saved my life thanks to Safety Sense! AMAZING! Brian

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Several months ago, my wife took our Rav-4 to the dealership for regular service- an oil change. My wife calls me later on to inform the car had leaked oil out onto the driveway and adjacent road. The dealership's service department had cross-threaded the oil filter, causing the leakage. Several months later we received a bill from the dealership for towing and the rental car (they gave us a rental and hauled the car back to the dealership on a rollback). We, are afraid to do further business with Toyota or, their dealer. Nothing preventing them from loosing a few transmission bolts, engine, etc.

Bottom line, Toyota, could care less about the disingenuousness of their "partnership counterpart - i.e., the dealer." Sadly, this has caused us to consider having to get rid of the vehicle due to these unresolved issues, lack of service, lack of product support and, moreover, lack of professionalism. I am very, very disappointed. We, will never purchase another Toyota based upon this experience. As for the Toyota corporation, they stated "there was nothing they could do, it was a privately owned dealership." Really? I, mean, really.

Toyota Company Information