4.1/5 (554 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Toyota

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Toyota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: May 23, 2022

I bought my car used from another dealership and they were happy to show me the features of my car. They also helped me figure out the original warranty that was purchased for it and make sure that my services were covered by it.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

In my life I've had Chevys, Fords, AMC and Nissan along with Toyota. Today's cars and trucks are not made to last. You would be lucky to get 75,000 to 100,000 miles of trouble free use out of America cars. Very sad. Seem we made them for the masses. But Toyota is incredible for what you pay, as long as you take care of it maintenance wise. You can very easily run it for 300,000 to 500,000 miles. Which is why I buy them, I got 350,000 mile out of my last Corolla and now I have a Tacoma that has 130,000 miles and still runs great and along with that everything still works on the truck.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Reliable, is easy to drive, includes updated features and safety features. Adequate space. I have been Driving Toyota Corolla for many years and have been very satisfied. My next car will be a Corolla.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Toyota went out of their way to make their cars more affordable. I was offered a First Responder Discount. Then they also had a $1000 rebate. Their vehicle is extremely reliable. I have traveled extensively with it and put it through its paces and been very happy with its performance. I also tow a 3000 lb camper with it and it doesn't feel like it's back there. Highly recommended all around vehicle. For reference, I drive the 2018 Toyota 4Runner.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The motors are really good. They last a long time. The drive train is really good. The body will rust off before the motor goes bad. Get good gas mileage around 20 miles to the gallon on most. The seat belts are strong and the air bags don't burn you when they hit your chest. Well already mine didn't. The storing is perfect. It will take a curve like it's out of this world and the brakes will stop you on a dime. Parts are really cheap for the most part and the motors if you ever have to work on it besides regular stuff the motors are very easy and simple to work on. I had mine for 15 years and never had any major problems and the motor was still running good after 15 years and I put it through a lot. I mean a lot.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

In 2011 I purchased a Toyota Camry from this location. At the time I inquired about the dashboard being sticky and was told by the salesperson that damage had been done to it by previous owners. When I found out recently there was a warranty extension and brought it to Ryan **'s attention general manager of Lakewood Ranch Gettel Toyota he responded this way

1. I wasn't the here at the time of sale.

2. The warranty wasn't in effect at time of sale.

3. Obviously the salesperson lied to you. Do you believe everything is salesperson says? I don't and I am one.

4. You're outside of the warranty extension time period.

5. You know it was fixed that problem a new car come down and let me make you a deal.

6. Give me $1,600 and I'll fix your dash.

7. You should have enrolled in our service program then it would have gotten fixed. If you're not in the program why would I do anything for you.

8. Actually there was an awareness campaign and we were trained to look for this defect.

9. Our service department was reaching out to customers who had this problem potentially in order to get them in to fix it.

10. Our technicians aren't trained to look for cosmetic defects.

11. We don't do warranty upsells not sure how that plays into number 9.

12. When you came in to get your AC replaced my technicians would have had latex on making everything they touch sticky so they wouldn't have noticed a problem when they took your dash off and no one would have done a thorough report.

13. Since you've had it this long why not just keep going with the problem

14 I'll do the install if you buy the dashboard from me

15. Why did it take you so long to bring it up?

16. The only way my technicians can fix a problem like that is if you Google it or research it yourself then come in and mention it that would allow us to fix it under the warranty extension. Otherwise we wouldn't have mentioned it

17. We sent a letter informing you of this (this letter apparently went to the wrong address. I never saw it. When questioned they indeed had the wrong address although their sales department sent hundreds of advertisements to the correct address for purchases of new vehicles). Mr ** stated, "Yeah our sales department is up on all of the current addresses, our warranty department is not."

In 2014 two class action lawsuits were filed against Toyota for melting dashboards. The company apparently was aware all the way back in 2005 that this was an issue. The national highway transportation and safety administration recognize this as an issue with specifically Toyota Camrys. News agencies across the state of Florida did investigative reports on this issue all prior to 2015 which is the time I purchased my vehicle. The warranty extension wasn't effect and appears as though would have been an effect all the way through 2020. Toyota was also admonished for charging customers exorbitant fees to repair the dash when they knew it was a manufacturing defect along with delaying repairing the dashboards due to an inventory shortage according to the lawsuits.

Mr ** appears to be more interested in selling new cars than the safety of his customers as outlined in several class action lawsuits and the national highway transportation and safety administration. If you're in a position like this do not feel as though you have to purchase a new vehicle look at the facts check everything that you're being told. There may be a good possibility that you're able to get this problem fixed free of charge. I will continue to press Ryan ** to abide by the warranty extension program is 160 Point vehicle inspection at time of sale Southeast Toyota's guidelines for financing a vehicle informing on social media and consumer websites as well as regulatory agencies that would have oversight over this kind of behavior.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

We accidentally stopped automatic payment half year before. Now we call and mail form to Toyota Financial Services, unfortunately, almost 6 months we called and sent forms to them, but it still doesn’t work. We are exhausted to contact them less three times every month. Why so difficult to set up an auto pay?

Original review: April 27, 2022

I purchased a brand new 2014 Toyota Corolla Feb. 26, 2015. I also bought a seven year/75,000 mile platinum warranty, that states that repairs to the engine will be made even after the warranty expires. My car has only 59,000 miles on it. On April 20, 2022, my engine suddenly failed. Both Toyota Inc. and the dealer, Thurston Toyota in Ukiah, CA, had the discretion to honor my warranty and they would not. These companies are employing unethical business practices to the consumer. I have maintained my car by the book and can verify that. Is there a way that I can get my warranty honored?

Original review: April 5, 2022

I purchased a Toyota Venza March of 2021. Love the car -- it is a Hybrid and gets great gas mileage. As we are approaching the 1 year mark, I have received notification that the Toyota App will now be an $8 monthly charge to use the Remote Connect. I am shocked. My husband has a Ford F150 and the Ford app is free to remote start his truck. I can afford to pay but that is not the point. I am not speaking to a person (who has a salary) but using technology, which should be free. I am very disappointed and wish I had looked elsewhere for my vehicle.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Like to file a complaint. I want to pay in full for the past 1 month and they will not tell me how in need to pay. The car was 29,000. I put 5000 down payment and after 1 month I told them I would like to pay in full. They are saying I owe the 29,000.

Toyota Company Information