Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

95 Toyota Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased new from Walker Toyota Alexandria, LA. When I reported the driver's seat squeaking with every bump in the road with less than 25,000 miles I was told they only repair it if it breaks! So I have new car with squeaky seat! Very disappointed with Toyota service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

From the time we walked on to that lot was a nightmare. I should have turned around. First off, while making a deal for a trading my vehicle they kept my car key. I asked several times for my key back so I could leave. Not sure if they thought this was a tactic. Rest assure it was not. After about 1.5 hours of waiting (they would keep going back to GET MY KEY) and coming back empty handed we finally agreed to some numbers and went through with the trade/sale. We paid $2,600 for an extended PLATINUM TOYOTA warranty that was to EXTEND the warranty 100,000 miles. Once we were done, we were about to leave and we asked for the pre-certified paperwork. They tried to tell me that it was pre-certified. I looked at the windshield-huge sign that said-PRE-CERTIFIED. It was well under the mileage and the year was 2014. We had to fight to get that paperwork.

Then they had to have ME bring the vehicle back to THEIR lot a week and a half later to COMPLETE the pre-certification inspection. THEY NEVER DID A PRE-CERTIFIED INSPECTION? On top of that, took the vehicle in about 1 year later due to the fan on the AC going out. The guy told me that it was almost out of warranty. Are you kidding me? We paid $2,600 for an extra 100,000 miles and I sure as hell know that we did not get even close to the original 100,000 miles.

Later that week my husband called to talk to them. He got the runaround (I am sure most of you know exactly what I am talking about here). Sooo, he went to the car lot. He was able to talk with the RODNEY **-SALES AIDA **-CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGER and the finance guy and he told my husband that he was sorry that he made a mistake on the information he gave us that day! What??? So he and my husband called to Toyota finance office and the lady said "Yeah this is suppose to have an extended (EXTENDED) warranty." The finance guy told my husband that he will email the information to him that day.

About an hour after my husband got home he still did not have an email with that EXTENDED warranty. So he called the finance guy. He was told "Oh, I am sorry I can not honor that extended warranty". Are you ** kidding me??? Then we called to cancel the extended warranty and were told well since you have used 3/4 of the warranty you will be prorated at 1/4 of the $2,600 we paid for it. WTF Explain this to me... and I am a blonde but am smart enough to know we do NOT need to warranty 100,00 miles we ALREADY have warrantied. Why in the HELL would we pay $2,600 for 100,000 mile warranty when we have the FACTORY 100,000 mile warranty? We would NOT do that. We were to have an EXTENDED warranty. Do they even know the definition of EXTENDED?

Hell no, they do not know crap. I will never step foot back on their lot or any lot they are associated with. They purposely lied and deceived us, the finance guy admitted it. But still got screwed. The least they could have done was given us the $$2,600 we paid for a warranty that we ALREADY ** had. WARNING---STAY AWAY FROM FAYETTEVILLE AUTO PARK--- I will tell you who to go see..the guys at McLarty Daniels. My son and husband bought trucks from them within 3 months of each other. Amazing people! One made a mistake...owned up to it...and corrected it!!! They have *****5 STARS***** from me!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I am writing regarding my concern about a technical service bulletin that I recently became aware of. My husband and I keep all documentation from our cars and mailings that we receive and to be honest we do not have anything in our files that Toyota sent us regarding the oil consumption problem. I have a 2009 Matrix that I purchased at the end of July 2008. Recently I have had to put between 2-4 quarts of oil into my car in between oil changes. Recently when I had my car at my mechanic he was the one who mentioned this issue to me so I contacted the dealership in North Attleboro where I purchased the car 10 years ago. The person that I spoke with told me to come in and they could start an oil consumption test and if they found anything he mentioned they would replace the pistons and look to see what else needed to be done.

Today when I brought my car in I was informed that I was no longer eligible and would have had to had this completed by the end of July since that is 10 years from when I purchased my car or 150K miles whichever came first. I am currently at 128,000 miles. I am very frustrated that they have extended this program but have no flexibility in helping a customer when it happens a couple months after they are out of the 10 year period. As mentioned I am still under the mileage.

I called the customer care line today and spoke with a woman who could only read me verbatim what I already knew and could not offer any other resolutions. I am saddened that Toyota does not stand behind their products with known issues when they happen outside of a certain time period. I will be submitting something to the BBB to and the reference number for the contact I have had with Toyota is **. I would hope that others who have this same issue are offered a solution. At this time I know that my solution is you will have likely lost at least 3 households who have been loyal to Toyota in the past.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My car tire blew out. I spoke to service they have no records of extended tire warranty. I purchased a 5 year extended warranty. So I have to get it verified with finance dept. No ONE in the finance picks up and can’t get anyone on phone to help. There are no branch managers or assistant managers past 5 pm. So ridiculous how you are open and no manager. Stuck on side of road with flat tire and can’t get Toyota to help me. Extended warranty for what? To waste money and not get any service when needed.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I purchased a new vehicle from Toyota last year. The vehicle came with one bad tire. Getting that one tire replaced was a complete nightmare. Since that FINALLY happened, after much drama, I still have to deal with service. Again, a horrible experience on all counts. NEVER again will I buy a Toyota vehicle. Dealing with this company is like dealing with children or used car salesmen all day, every day. The dealerships do whatever they want and Toyota throws their hands up and says they can do nothing. Wouldn't recommend buying a Toyota folks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

K, Elk Grove Toyota did replace my transmission for free and gave me rental car for no charge (thank god). Otherwise, I would have to come up with $8,000. Still mind boggling, why a 2014 transmission would go out in my Corolla. I owned a 1999 corolla for years with 268,000 miles with no major replacements of any kind. So I am little concerned on the quality these days. Does Toyota need to recall its 2014 Corollas, are there other people who had the same issue as me? I believe because of my transmission going out, I recently had to replace my battery in my car which cost me $150. Maybe unrelated, who knows. I was thinking how do I find out if other 2014 Corolla owners encountered same issue so I decided to write this review, please reach out to me if you had similar problems. Concerned citizen. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I purchased my car here at the Toyota dealership on Thornton Road in April 2018 and ever since I purchased this particular car the check engine light has been on. I have taken the car to the Volkswagen dealership at the Toyota dealership where I purchased the car here over five times to get serviced and after weeks of them keeping the car nothing has worked or been rectified. The check engine light is still on and I have not been treated fairly as a consumer. I have been sold a lemon and their cars here are not reliable. It scares me to know that I invested money hard earned cash money to this company and they disrespected me by selling me a car that is not reliable.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

White marks coming back after three-four weeks, even though dealer wipe with spray. It's just start after 1000 km, not happy with answer. Says it is external problem not cover??? (On website says 60000 km full warranty about manufacturing.)

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have owned two Toyota Camrys (1999 & 2005). The 1999 was a V6. I don't need to be specific other than to say, if you want drive a car that can easily last more than 200,000 without the expensive repairs, this is the brand to consider. Toyota should definitely earn the "Most Reliable Japanese Car" award. Look around when you're driving. What do you see most? Toyotas, BMWs, Hondas, etc. I don't remember any rental car companies that use Toyotas, which means every Toyota you see on the road are either owned or leased, and not rented. (I might be wrong, btw.) So, something for you to consider the next time you're in the market to buy cars.

Tip to all the Toyota owners: If your "mechanic" tells you something is bad and your has less than 75,000 miles, he is lying to you. I have brought my Toyotas to many local shops (to save money from dealerships' exaggerated cost for repairs) and they have suggested to replace the water pump, the radiator, this or that. I was wary and skeptical with their scare tactic approach, so I didn't fix it at that time. Now, 7 years later and with 127,000 miles, it's still running smoothly. Of course, you still have your routine maintenance that needs to be replaced every few years (air filter, tires, batteries, etc).

One mechanic told me, "A Toyota with less than 100,000 is still considered almost new. You just have to make sure to change your oil every three to four thousand miles and tune up your car every now and then." These are his words, not mine. My owner manual states every 5000 miles for each oil change, but I think that also depends on how you drive it and how frequent it is driven. You can save a lot of $$$ if you buy it used.

Bottom line is, if you want a car for the long-haul of saving money for many years to come, you should definitely consider buying a Toyota. Now, sometimes I wonder why Toyota owners even own Toyotas. I know I drive it because this car was handed down to me and I'm just waiting for it to break down. I mean, let's face it: Tundra drivers don't drive it to haul stuff. (There are many other stronger trucks.) You can't show off your social status with an Avalon. (Again, there are way more other choices.) You can't pick up girls with Camrys. (Not sporty enough to be a sport car and not luxury enough to be a high-class car.) A Corolla is good for what? Prius are well-known for their electric cars, which have been in high demand this past decade. In my opinion, I think you will want to get rid of your Toyota before it will stop working on you.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been very happy with my Yaris and plan to keep driving it as long as possible. It has been reliable and has met my needs. I believe it was an excellent value. It is very fuel efficient and was economical compared to other cars or SUVs. I have been able to put a lot of miles on it with few repairs. However, it does not handle well in snow and ice. It doesn't have power windows or a key fob. It doesn't have cruise control and there is a lot of road noise. I also don't have Bluetooth or an auxiliary audio jack. Nevertheless, I like that it is small and easy to park and turn. I like that is a make of car with a good reputation.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I love my Toyota. It is a very good car and was the best one I've had so far. My family loved it as well. I will always stand by a Toyota. I am going to be looking for another one soon. I would like to improve its safety but the drive was amazing. Very smooth and never had any problems with it.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I am very very happy with my experience with the 2012 Toyota Kia. Since I had it it's been my daily driver and barely have had any issues with it, it's very good on gas, and has a camera on the mirror when backing out of a parking spot. I like that it has good gas mileage, not too expensive to fix if something happens to car, easy driver, had benefits for my children, and just a very great car in general. One of the best vehicles I have had to be honest. But it messes up more than any other vehicle I had in the past.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Absolutely loved the Toyota CHR from the moment I drove it. It has spacious interior and the camera is extremely useful and well placed on the rear view mirror which is super convenient. It also has great seating considering that it's a MID sized car. Moreover, it has radio with Bluetooth. Driving this vehicle on a daily basis is something I look forward to. Although it has no CD player, which I get, it would be useful for those times where you want to listen to a CD. Also, I feel that the engine is lacking a little bit of power. I wish it was a little stronger. All in all, driving this vehicle on a daily basis is something I look forward to. And the experience we had at Toyota of Hollywood Florida was absolutely stellar. I would buy a the Toyota CHR again in a heartbeat.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My Toyota Solara Convertible is an excellent car and fun to drive. It has a lot of room seating wise and holds 4 people comfortably, has good trunk space, and good gas mileage. I love the fact that it's a convertible and it's a great car for the climate in Arizona. But Toyota stopped making this model... it's a fantastic car with so many positive features. We did have an issue with a crack in our dashboard, but it was a warranted issue, so it was promptly remedied, completely to our satisfaction. Toyota makes a terrific automobile and has an excellent reputation, they stand by their product and have a great service record.

Original review: July 8, 2018

The Matrix is a great vehicle. The first time I bought one, I got a color white. It cost a lot but I wanted to pay for something with extra features. It had superior steering and brakes. It could accelerate and stop okay. Also side to side was fine. On the highway it drive same as the other cars. It handled okay at high speeds. But I once had to take it to Toyota because I notice the headlights stay on during drives. Then, sometimes the battery would get too hot and I need to pull over to let it cool off. Mostly it was fine if it was watched closely. Also, the airbags needed improvements. I got a notice sent to me saying that they were in recall.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I have owned 3 Toyotas and have always had excellent experiences with them. I love The quality you get when you purchase a Toyota. They have a reputation to last a long time and be reliable. And you see a lot of older Toyotas still on the road. After my first Toyota I decided I would stay with them on my next purchase. And I have not been disappointed with my decision to buy another one. I currently have the Toyota RAV4 and the only thing I don't care for is the size of the gas tank. I feel like every time I turnaround I am having to find a gas station.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I inherited this Toyota Rav4 from my mother when she stopped driving. It works good for hauling kids, dogs and gardening supplies plus can handle 5 small bails of straw with ease. I also like the power locks and power windows and I love the 4 wheel drive. The car runs great, good on gas, handles great and can make it through a MN winter. I can make it up my drive way during the winter. But I would have liked better tires and wish it was less like a station wagon. And I'd like it if it is higher off the ground, I feel like I'm getting into a car and not a SUV. I also wish it had tilt steering and blue tooth.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Toyota Tercel 1995 is a very dependable, practical car for couple with few or no children. Extreme fuel mileage range. My experience 34 to 54 miles per gallon. Easily handles 75 mph highway. Perky 16 valve 4 cylinder engine. Downside, fair amount of road noise, not real cushy ride.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I really like all the features of my Toyota. According to my research, it has good performance and repair reviews. The car has ample trunk and seating space and the seating and spacing in the cabin are all very comfortable. I also love the sound system because it is loud and filters throughout the cabin. I enjoy the car's sport and eco modes because they give the car more versatility than my last car. However I wish that this model was a four wheel or all wheel drive vehicle. I miss that about my old car. I would also have the spare tire on the back because that gives the car a more rustic and adventurous look.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Toyota Yaris has run very well. I have over 110,000 miles on it and it has not needed any repairs except general maintenance. I replaced the oil pan, but was covered by warranty. It also gets very good mileage. The seat are fairly comfortable and I can fit 4 adults in the car with no problem. Good trunk space. It is very reliable. However, I want a car with bluetooth. It is a very light car, and in high winds, or when a truck passes me, it is very noticeable. Blind spots are a problem as well.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Amazing trunk space, lots of space for kids and supplies, great sound system, and great mirrors. Love the 3rd-row seats, stow and go 3rd row, and love the rearview camera. Power sliding doors, spacious interior, optional 8th seat, and easy access to 3rd row seats. I wish it had front view camera, sunroof, built-in vacuum, parking assist for parallel parking, power trunk, easier access to opening windows, and better-tinted windows.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My Venza is my favorite car so far. It has been very reliable and I have only had to do routine maintenance. I really like the sporty look of it and there are vents in the back. The back seats are comfortable and they fold down easily to provide a lot of storage space. Also, the car has good pick-up and I was impressed with the gas mileage. However, the cabin could be quieter, the road noise is pretty loud and the engine seems loud as well. My automatic locks are not working right now, either. But overall I am satisfied.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It's a great brand. Good in gas and mileage. Haven't had any major issues with my car as of yet because I bought it brand new and it is still covered under warranty. I like the body and interior design of my car. It runs smoothly on the road. I like the color I've chosen. Not a lot of people has my particular color. My car is great. I have no regrets in purchasing it. So far so good.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Toyota Yaris is a compact vehicle. The color is bright red. It is a 5 door hatchback and seats five people. It is excellent on gas mileage and fun to drive. It has an economy button which, when in traffic, it saves gas. The engine is very quiet and the air conditioning system is adequate for the size of this vehicle. It has never had any mechanical problems and is a totally reliable vehicle. It is just a basic vehicle with no frills. I chose this vehicle because the down payment was low and the monthly payments are affordable. But I dislike that this vehicle does not have automatic seats and everything must be done by hand. The radio and cd player are adequate for this vehicle however the sound speakers need to be upgraded. There are no speakers in the backseat area so listening to music from the backseat is strained.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This is a great car. It has all of necessities that I think of a car should come equipped with. It has great fuel mileage. There's a nice smooth ride and a lot of extra perks. It's not too low to the ground so you don't feel like you're sitting on the ground. It also has a large trunk enough space to comfortably fit 5 people. And everything inside is touchscreen. This car also comes in a ton of different colors and you can completely customize it any way you want. Not to mention affordable. And I love the way this car is easy to handle. It's a very nice overall car to have. But I would like to see more features on the vehicle well that would make it more appealing to people who like technology. I would also like it do defrost work faster because here in the cold winter months it takes forever to thaw your car out.

Original review: June 30, 2018

The car has efficient mileage which allows me to save on gasoline. The four door sedan is roomy and allows for easy entry and exit of passengers. The car is well manufactured so it allows me to keep driving it with minimal problems. It is reliable and easy to maintain. Additionally, the trunk is spacious and you can utilize every inch. The spare tire is full sized too and the air conditioner is well made and still running perfectly with no problems. But the driver's seat could be manufactured so that the headrest fits or forms behind the head better. The back support could also be improved. Moreover, the floor mats that were provided by the dealer could have fitted better since it sometimes slides back and forth.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Very reliable four door car, it gets drove every day. I haven't had any problems and that is longer and shorter trips. I like the electric windows too. Mileage is pretty good, easy enough to detail, nice color, can't lose the gas cap it's attached, simple levers to open hood and gas, and same for trunk can easily be opened by a button. However, sunroof would be cool. I like my car a lot. I would recommend to anybody looking for a reliable car to be able to count on anywhere you need to go. Everything is simple and in your reach.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I did not have much money. I live off of a small amount every month and I needed something good on gas, reliable around town & easy to fix, cheap tags, cheap insurance. I really did not care what make or model I got as long as I got one that I could afford and would be dependable enough to get me around town. It was not too big and it was not too small. Everything worked on it and that's all that mattered. I've had a good experience overall with 1976 Toyota. It's dependable for being 19 yrs old. I liked that it was cheap and it is cheap on gas. It is easy to fix. I like older cars cause it is easier to work on, the parts are cheaper and the parts are easier to take off and on. Cheap tires too. I got a really good deal. The person that sold it to me took payments off 50 a month.

I liked that it had decent mileage on it for as old as it was. Comfortable, relaxing, not too big and not too small. Doesn't draw heat in the summer heats up fast too. But old radio, old windows, small trunk and no sunroof or car seat warmers and not automatic start. Also it gets off balance & shakes cause it's so old and the alignment. But insurance is cheap on it and like how I have to shift gears & how smooth it shifts. Real nice experience.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've had my Yaris Toyota hatchback since it was new. It's a 2009 model. And I picked it because I could drive it with a straight leg. I appreciate the size of having a small car. It also had automatic transportation and good on gasoline. I very much like the fate that it has had no mechanical problems and is a small wheel base car for parking and quick turnaround. However, I would liked to have a GPS, automatic speed control, a much more comfortable seat, with satellite and inner wireless connection. Also, my car color is maroon and it gets hotter in the sun.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have a Toyota Matrix and I cannot say enough good things about it. I love to drive it. We bought it used for very cheap and it has worked great for our needs. It is a wonderful car to drive. I like that it is small but has a lot of storage. It gets great gas mileage. It is very dependable. I would buy a Toyota again. It is great except for this one issue I can't stand. I would love if it had a built in cruise control system. It is horrible to have an aftermarket system.

Toyota Company Information