Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.95/5

Toyota

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

125 Toyota Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have dealt with the Ganley (formerly Geller) dealership for 40 years. During that time the service department and sales consultants have for the most part been exemplary. I was distraught when my 2013 Scion XD was totaled by a driver running a red light. No one was injured or killed; however, I could barely think straight about a replacement car both with financing and the Scion's unavailability.

Sales consultant, Matt **, was outstanding and empathic about my situation. He is a star when it comes to following through with every detail. Dan **, John, and Mike ** are incredible in Service. All this dealership's mechanics also work on Mercedes as it is a dual dealership - a definite added advantage. Matt advised me that the 2019 CH-R XLE would be a great car for me and take away the sting of my losing my prior car. He was correct. The CH-R XLE has beautiful styling and has so many safety features that my car insurance rates went down. Ganley Toyota is a wonderful dealership and truly represents the Quality of the Toyota brand.

Original review: May 6, 2019

LC (Prado) seems still a reliable choice. Bought this in Switzerland, but all LC 150 are produced in Japan directly, so quality should be the same worldwide. That is the main reason for its reliability anyway. This facelift is so far (50000 KM) as well built as the predecessors. No problems whatsoever. The facelift overhaul got also rid of some design issues inside, like outdated looks and feel. Still Toyota and most Asian cars look a bit outdated (like 10 years back) inside compared to German cars for e.g., but the Toyota wasn't bought for superior gimmicks but for long lasting performance.

Navigation is good, but a bit slow to pick up when booted. That is the only bad thing I could complain about. Missing functions: Smartphone integration does not have access to external antenna (shark-antenna only used for radio reception it seems) like even 10 year old "premium" Volkswagen/Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc do have. So your device will need to get out of the Faraday-cage inside the car, which deteriorates speech quality and introduced a lot of unnecessary EM-pollution to all passengers/driver easily exceeding exposure limits. This is true for all Toyota cars unfortunately. Also noise cancellation is inferior too...

But this car shines with superior durability and offroad performance. Superior interleaving and 4 wheel drive. Excellent upgrade options. Only Range Rover Defender (useless for daily drive req. though) and G class Mercedes (overpriced) are a match of still produced cars. Engine is 2.8L Diesel with Toyota tuning to 200HP. In Europe Toyota is no longer selling the big LC 200 due to emission constraints.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I can't begin to tell you enough about how awesome this car is. It is fun to drive, easy to maintain, and every single functioning piece of equipment is of the best quality I have ever owned. I have all the Toyota Camry in the past and it was awesome as well. The only thing that this car could not withstand was one time when I was unfortunately stuck up on a block ice and snow that the plows left on the road on an exit ramp in the dark. Somehow when I hit the snowbank a sensor fell off the bumper but it remained dangling inside the bumper for a very long time whilst I tried to figure out why my car was not running right. All I had to do was snap the sensor back in the bumper and my entire vehicle runs like new again. The strange thing was that the misplaced sensor caused my engine to idle rough and not give enough air to the engine.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I received my Toyota Yaris 2007 (sedan) as a Christmas gift while in High school in 2010. At the time it only had 26k miles on it, now it has 185k and shows no signs of giving out. Between high school, college, road trips, and long daily commutes, I have put this car through the wringer! Outside of routine oil changes, I haven’t had to spend much on maintenance. I have had to replace the belts a few times, brakes twice (first shop did it wrong and did not even replace nor check the rear brakes), and now it needs a new wheel bearing. I would say that’s pretty good for such a small car with high mileage. I am now looking for another car because I have a little one and the compact size does not agree with a growing toddler. But I won’t be trading in this car. I’ll be passing it down to my niece. Toyota really does prioritize dependability!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I bought a used 2006 Toyota RAV 4 for 1200 dollars. The miles were already getting up there but I could tell by the look of the car the previous owner had taken care of it. I have 4 kids who take every red cent to raise and this car was within my budget. But I thought if I got a year out of it to beat back and forth to work then it would serve its purpose. It would be a 1200 well spent. I'd love to say that when I bought this car I took care of it just like the previous owner, but that would be a lie. I beat the car to hell, I didn't change the oil once in 4 years, not a filter or spark plug. I did nothing for this car the entire time I owned it except replace tires to pass inspection, replace wheel bearings, and put gas in it.

This year I took it to be inspected and there is rust on the gas tank and other places and repairs would cost about 1000 dollars. I can't see spending 1000 dollars on a car that basically cost me as much. And there are over 375,000 miles on the thing now. But the engine is still going and the problems are all outside of it. I would love to see if I could hit half a million with this car and I think I probably could. It's a beast. And one of the best cars I have ever owned. Honestly I treated it so badly I don't know how it's still running. But it is. Best car I have ever owned. Sadly I will be looking for a new beater for work as I can't doing the repairs makes any sense. But I would recommend this car to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have been buying Toyota for 20+ years but will never buy again because of exceptionally poor customer service. They absolutely do not care about their customers let alone loyal customers. They have absolutely no respect for customer's time and frustration. Shame on Toyota Canada. For a simple issue or answer they make your life miserable. There is definitely lack of management in this company.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Ordered a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid on March 7. The dealer informed me that it was built on May 27 and should be delivered in about two weeks. It's now July 11 and I am still waiting. Toyota will not tell me why delivery has been delayed. No one at the dealer or at Toyota Canada HQ will come clean about the reason for the delay. I will never buy a Toyota product again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

June 2018 I bought my wife a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. Being a mechanic I asked all of the questions about the service history of the one I was buying. I was told that it had never had any issues, trouble codes, wrecked, or anything. Within the first month the check engine light came on. My wife thought that it meant low oil so she took it to a Jiffy Lube. They performed the normal oil change service and scanned the computer to see why the engine light was on. They told her that it had a history of setting off the check engine light & trouble codes for the air injection system & that the dealer charges about $4000 to fix that, so they just keep clearing the code, which clears the engine light, and sold it to us without fixing the problem.

At the time it had 145,000 miles and was within the warranty (that we didn't know about). The dealer told us that there was not a warranty and kept trying to sell us an aftermarket warranty when we bought it. My wife told me that she got the oil changed & the paperwork was in the console, without telling me everything else. Now: two months ago it did it again but put it in limp home mode. It is now setting in my pasture broken down & waiting for repair because Toyota refuses to fix it under warranty because it is now 154000 miles, 4000 beyond the warranty, even though we bought it within the warranty mileage and it messed up right away and showed a history of having this problem before we bought it from the dealer. This is my first and Last Toyota I will ever own. I should not have to jump through hoops or have to hire an attorney to sue them to make them stand behind their product.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Contrast to common belief about Toyotas service excellence, I have had horrible experience despite being a Stern user of Toyota since long. They have denied the gear box replacement after 80K running and which is a clear fault which is covered in extended warranty. This clearly proves their commitment to service. This happened immediately after my Fortuner went for service and they put the blame on some rear which happened one year back and after that it has run 20000 kms. I would say please do not believe on their false commitment and customer centric claims as it does not hold ground. I am a customer in Gurgaon and going legal with them purely on technical grounds. We as consumers should not leave these manufacturers to do what they want to and strip our rights and rightful compensation after having paid for extra.

Original review: May 22, 2019

All cars from Toyota has dust rail for the cheap transportation. Before to buy one look it carefully. They dont care nothing about that so it's my worst experience about Toyota. The paint it's very bad....

Toyota Company Information