4.9(4,978)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, customer service focused on professional, frequent communication, and accurate pricing based on real-time data. Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise tells you exactly how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. You can contact Sherpa Auto Transport to get a free full-service auto transport quote.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery
Cons
  • Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Stars Rating

• 94%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
    Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

We didn't know for sure exactly when we were going to move, and Sherpa was very flexible and able to fit us in the date that we needed to move in. The pickup was in the middle of the street, a two-lane road. We had to do it in a turn lane, and it was at 11 o'clock at night. I didn't appreciate that, but I gotta work with their schedule, which was not that big of a deal. We had flashers and flashlights out, and it was in a well-lit area so it was not too bad to pick it up, because the street that I lived on was fairly small. The driver knew what he was doing. He looked at the car to make sure there was no damage or what little damage there was on the vehicle, he noted.

For the delivery of the vehicle, we were in contact with my daughter and her husband. We had a GPS tracking device on the vehicle too, so we could follow the transport of the vehicle down there. We told them, “Well, it’s within about 100 miles,” so they started making sure their phones were nearby so they could answer the call for them to pick it up. The drop-off went excellently. It was a larger street by my daughter's house, and my daughter and her husband were able to pick the vehicle up without any issues. The vehicle was perfectly the same condition as it was picked up. It was a little dirty, but they washed it anyway, so it was great. The quote was also right on, and we even got a $100 discount. I would recommend Sherpa.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Our experience with Sherpa was great. It was easy and it worked out fine. Everything that was supposed to happen happened. We had them ship a Toyota Camry from New Hampshire to Michigan. The car didn't have any issues at all. The cost was right where it was supposed to be. We had stuff in the car. They told us a weight limit, but we went under. It was X amount of pounds, and what we put in were just clothes because it was just going to my son at school.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed helping you ship your vehicle and are glad that you got to experience what sets Sherpa apart from the rest - our transparent pricing, clear communication and thorough carrier vetting process to get you the best carrier.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

After the day the car was picked up, I was told the transport would take about five business days. The car came as expected. Since I didn't have a house here, the truck driver and I decided to meet at a parking lot but he couldn't enter, so he just parked on the transition lanes on the roads where you change lanes and dropped my car off. It was all good. The quote was accurate but one thing I realized was I was told $1,300 and I accepted it as soon as the rep from Sherpa said it. But I could have asked for a better rate and I regret not asking for one. I may have gotten a few bucks cheaper but it doesn't mean the service wasn't good. It was great and I had a good experience.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

When I was moving my furniture with PODS, I called Sherpa and they were really easy to work with. It was also easy to get hooked up and get the transport scheduled. But it was odd how they tell you to give them the address of where they're picking up the car, where they're dropping it off, and that they might change to another location if they can't get in those streets. They didn't do any of that for me. They dropped off and picked up at whatever was closest to the interstate for them to get off the interstate and get back on. So, my husband had to drive the car quite a way and have somebody follow him to take him home when he dropped it off. It was the same thing with me, I had to have somebody take me 10 miles up by the interstate to pick my car up.

But other than that, the car was transported well and it got here quickly. The whole transport took only five days and the driver was very courteous. He also stayed in touch with me when he was on his way, of where he was and how quickly he would be there. And I pulled in the parking lot the same time he did, so he was right on the timing. The price was very affordable, too. I'd recommend Sherpa.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The Sherpa folks were great to deal with. They transported my car across the country within the timeline they gave me. When I reached out to them for updates, they were very quick to respond and my car arrived in pristine condition. Very pleased; I will use them again! My car was brand new out of the dealership so, I was a bit anxious that it would arrive without a scratch on it and it did. They took care of it and that’s all I can ask for.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

It was super easy to sign up. I initiated the transaction online, gave all the details, then the customer service rep emailed me. It was touch-free. There wasn't too much time on the phone, and the experience was turnkey from start to finish. I have one recommendation for improvement though. This is my experience across the board with these kinds of things, but when the company transfers from sales to dispatching, they get a little less communicative. We were moving, so there was a lot going on. I would have appreciated a bit more of a heads-up from the driver. Knowing the time frame I could drop the car off would have been a little helpful. Besides that, Sherpa was on time, communicative, and professional. The car was in good shape and easy to get set up. They did a good job and I would 100% use them again.

Customer ServicePriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

I had a great experience with Sherpa. The only thing was at the beginning, I was getting a little nervous because we needed to get the car shipped before I left. The reps kept telling me that I shouldn't worry and that that's just the way they handle things. They were very respectful and understanding of my concerns, and I waited patiently. They waited till the last minute.

I gave Sherpa a call at the beginning of the week that I was leaving and they said they were looking, then it was three days before I was leaving for West Coast that they called me. They didn't give me any notice, but they picked up the car that afternoon. It gave me about two hours to really get everything ready. Other than that, I was very happy with them. The final cost in relation to the quality of service was good, and the driver was very nice. The car was delivered even before the delivery date. The driver walked around the car with me, and it was just as I sent it. I would still use Sherpa again. I also referred a friend to them and he used them as well.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Their customer service was great. My experience was quick. The pick-up and delivery of the vehicle were easy and seamless. The driver was fine and handled the car carefully. I would recommend them. The only thing that was a little hard was it was short notice for the drop-off and delivery. A better estimate of timing could have been available. But it was fine.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

My experience with Sherpa was perfect. They picked up my car in Florida and delivered it to Albany, New York. It got there a day earlier than I expected. They did a great job and I'm gonna use them again in November.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Setting up the transport was very easy. I went online and put in some very basic information about what needed to be done. Somebody called me within half an hour of me putting in the information online, and it was a Friday night too, which surprised me. It was 8 o'clock at night and they walked me through that they had somebody and what the cost would be. It was done very quickly. The courier was great. He was texting back and forth with where to meet for a location. We met at a parking lot, and we did all the paperwork that needed to be done. We both took pictures, and I had to sign a paperwork for him, then that was it. He was texting with my daughter throughout the whole drive, so she knew when to expect him.

The car was picked up on a Wednesday, and there was an initial fee that we paid upon them taking the vehicle. The balance was paid by my daughter when she received the car, and there was no change at all in the quote. The car was delivered on Thursday, and my daughter said it looked perfect. I'd definitely use Sherpa again. My daughter is gonna be coming back in another year. This is only a fellowship she was going out for, so we'll probably use them to bring her car back. I'd definitely tell people to use them as well. The quote was exactly as they quoted. There was no change to it.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The transport took a couple of days, and everything went great. The customer service rep I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and had a lot of insight on how all the different companies work. After I spoke with him, I was easily able to make a decision. Sherpa set up the transport for me, and it went great. They let me know that once a driver would accept, they would let me know in four hours. They took a bit longer than normal, so that extra guarantee that they offer came in handy for an additional amount that they will put towards the fee. Someone accepted and they were super nice.

I love that I could track where the drivers were. I could see how far away they were and get a good estimate. We were sending it to the dealership, so that the dealership would know when they would receive the car. Sherpa also did a great job communicating with us once they were getting close, so that we could further make sure that everything was taken care of. They called me live when they were at the dealership to make sure that everything was fine to have them drop off the car, and that the dealership was accepting the car. It was an overall really great experience.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The sign-up process with Sherpa was efficient. The rep was available on my first call to give me virtually all the information that I could process at that time. But I wasn't in a place where I could make a commitment to the appointment. So, she scheduled a follow-up call and it was well done. The driver was very professional and personable. Our 10-minute interaction with him gave me and my daughter, more importantly, because it was her car packed with most of her worldly belongings going to California, a high degree of confidence that things were gonna be handled very well. We were quoted the going market rate and it was fair value. We had a very good experience with Sherpa.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The communication was good with the driver. If we had any questions, we could call and he would return the call. He was very responsive. He was great in both the pick-up and the delivery. So, we're happy.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Setting up the transport was convenient but I wasn’t ready to make a decision. I was calling in May and the transport wasn't until August. So, I was a little bit annoyed because the guy from Sherpa kept calling me a couple of times a day and I needed more time. The pickup was three blocks from my house. I had to drive the car anyway so it was fine. My street was only two lanes so the driver didn't want to block the street. My daughter and I were flying back and the only problem was that the pickup was on a Friday and there was transport over the weekend. And I got no message from the company transporting over that weekend. And I couldn't reach the transport company because their office was closed. When I called the driver, he said that he no longer had the car because he just did local pickups and handed it off to someone. But everything went well.

The car would arrive in L.A. before we got there so the drop-off was the house of a friend and we would pick it up there. The delivery was in the middle of a huge storm in California and somehow the car got delivered. And it was right on time. My friend lives on a wider street with a lot less traffic so he dropped off the car right in front of his house. The quote went down 100 bucks from May to when I finally did it, which was probably July. I assumed it was the supply and demand.

PriceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Sherpa has a decent price and I like the door-to-door service. I used them twice. The delivery was quicker than anybody even expected in both times. Overall, it was a very effective transport.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

Entire process went as explained from the get go. I didn't care for waiting until 48 hours before pick up for notification of a transport found. But the lower cost, which was in the end the same as was originally quoted, was worth it. I called 72 hours ahead and was reassured about the timing of it all. On the other end, the driver called 30 before arrival and we arranged to meet close by our home. Great service and easy to access customer service.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

The communication was great. They were on time, and the delivery was good.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

Thank you, Scott, for all your help scheduling our daughter's transport from IA to WA for grad school. Our carrier was right on time and very professional with excellent communication during the process. You can't begin to comprehend how much your help and services were appreciated by this stressed Momma! What a blessing you have been to our family during this move. I will definitely recommend Sherpa to anyone looking for auto transport!!

Pinned

Thanks for the great review! We love hearing that you experienced what sets Sherpa apart from the rest: excellent customer service, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a commitment to only working with carriers that meet our high standards. A recommendation is the highest form of compliment we can receive! We look forward to helping you, and any others you send our way, in the future!

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

I reached out to Sherpa to get my Tundra brought back from CO to SC. They found a driver and lived up to the dates they gave me. Excellent communication, they kept me informed every step of the way. They picked it up when they said they would and delivered it within the promised dates. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

The Sherpa people informed me ahead of time about a window of time when they would pick up and then deliver the car. The driver arrived on time, and with no trouble. The driver picked up the car from my brother, who was born deaf. I told the driver that he would need to text my brother, which he did. The car was picked up with no trouble at all.

Delivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

I shipped my car from Michigan to California and my car arrived sooner than expected and that was good. The company was very good at communicating when the pick up and arrival would occur. I do wish I could have used more of my car to put personal items in. I was only given the trunk.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

Sherpa has top-notch customer service, friendly and very knowledgeable. They definitely go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy. Quick response, very trustworthy. They are my “go-to” for transporting my car during winter season to Florida. Amazing team of drivers, loyal & friendly. Highly recommend!

Customer ServicePriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

The process was easy and explained very well. Communication was perfect and constant. Our vehicle was picked up earlier than promised and delivered in perfect condition earlier than promised. Great price too and customer service was very good. Dylan explained how they bid the carrier and how thoroughly they vet their drivers. He also explained the bill of lading process thoroughly. Overall it was such an easy process and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing to ship a car.

Pinned

Gina, thanks for taking the time to leave this great review! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us! By providing top-notch customer service with frequent and courteous updates, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and carriers thoroughly vetted, we strive to make sure every customer has the same excellent experience that you did when we worked together. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to serving you, and anyone you send our way, in the future!

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2023

Sherpa did an awesome job arranging the transport of my parents' vehicle. Very easy process. We didn’t really realize that another company would be assigned but the driver communicated very well and made sure we understood the process. My parents were very happy and satisfied with the service. Job well done.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2023

I was extremely satisfied from the time I called to get quotes to the time both cars were delivered. I will definitely refer this company to friends and family members. Cars were delivered as promised without any damage. Driver was very professional and on time. The operators took their time and explained step by step process. Trustworthy company.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2023

This was my first time shipping a car, almost cross-country nonetheless. From the beginning when I was looking into companies, I was drawn to Sherpa because of their willingness to talk me through the process and answer any questions I had. After I booked my shipment, coordinating pickup and dropoff was straightforward. Sherpa was communicative, as was the transport company. Overall, it was a great experience and I will be shipping with Sherpa in the future!

Pinned

Madeline, shipping a vehicle for the first time can feel daunting. We do our best to alleviate any concerns a customer might have by being courteous, honest, and communicative throughout the entire auto transport process. Our commitment to top-notch customer service along with our transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise and thorough carrier vetting process makes it possible for us to provide the excellent experience you, and so many others, have had.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

Excellent customer care, great communication between Sherpa and the contract carrier. "Doug", the open carrier driver was excellent in all aspects of the truck transport, from initial inspection, loading truck, calling me to advise,, and safely delivering truck to my home's driveway. Truck arrived 3 days ahead of schedule with great communication with driver throughout transport, ultimately handing me my keys and presenting truck at destination. Delivery inspection was thorough, with truck found intact. Thank you Sherpa, **, and Driver, "Doug". Super positive experience! I strongly recommend Sherpa Auto Transport for anyone concerned.

Roger **

Loyal Customer

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

I am so glad I decided to use Sherpa to ship my two BMWs down to Naples, FL from NJ. Your entire team is very knowledgeable, articulate and highly proficient on the phone. In fact, I was so impressed by them, I did not even bother to shop around. As for the company who did the actual transporting, **, I would be hard pressed to find anyone better. Jesus treated my vehicles as they were Bentleys. He is as meticulous as they come! All in all, I could not be more pleased. Thank you Sherpa for a job well done!

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

I contracted Sherpa to transport my car and from the first call to hire them to the delivery was stress free. The driver was very professional and took great detail in loading the car to transporting and delivery. I was initially somewhat worried about issues that might arise during this process and there wasn't even one. I will definitely use Sherpa again.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

Shipping the vehicle through Sherpa was more convenient and accommodating than when I did it previously. It was more of the door-to-door service that I expected. A husband and wife team did the transport and they picked it up on a Tuesday and the vehicle got there on Thursday. It was fast. My son got it and it seemed like it was in the same condition it was shipped in. Not too long after my son got it, the car overheated. It was no fault to the driver or anything that has to do with that. But because I had just purchased the car for my son and initially, one of the options was him flying here to get the car and driving it back, it made me feel even better about my choice to have it transported.

Sherpa’s price beat everyone else's as far as what I got. But when I was doing online searches and I got back to the website, the price had changed or I couldn't find the original quote. And this was in a matter of hours. But I've written down the quote number and I was able to call and contact somebody, and they were able to give me that quoted price. Sherpa was customer-focused and that was good.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

The price that Sherpa quoted me was a good bit cheaper. I used their service to transport a 2017 Honda Accent from New York to Texas. Customer service was really good. They had a weight limit when it came to transporting stuff in the car. That was the main thing and they wanted everything to be out of the sight line of the cabin. Nothing should be visible. Also, there would be no important personal belongings for safety reasons.

The driver gave me a call and then he started texting me so he was pretty available for communication throughout the whole process. But to pick up the car, he asked me about the the driveway situation and how much space he had. Because he had a full-size truck, he said he would like to meet at a grocery store just down the street from where I am. We met at a Walmart parking lot and he took some pictures of the car. He asked if there were any questions and then loaded the vehicle up on the car. Nothing was wrong with the vehicle when we received it. Sherpa was a great value. I got what I needed to get done for a price that was competitive with the market. It definitely beats driving the car down myself.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Driver was experienced and helpful during the entire transaction. Kept us informed every step of the way. Met schedule pickup and delivery -- even with a mechanical breakdown! Our granddaughter loves her "new" car. If the need arises, we will most definitely call Sherpa again. Overall, we were most impressed with the entire Sherpa experience.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Very respectful, on time driver for pickup and delivery. Car delivered in good condition. No change in mileage or gas tank. Personal belongings transported in car all good too. This is a professional company and would highly recommend. Picked up Saturday and delivered Friday the week after with good communication in between to keep me updated.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Setting up the transport with Sherpa was simple, easy, and painless. My experience was perfectly fine.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

My father passed away, and my mom has dementia. I needed to move her across the country, so I needed to get the car across the country as well. I emailed Sherpa, and somebody contacted me quickly, then she sent me the quote. I did the deposit, and there was a bit of a period of no communication where I was getting a little worried ‘cause this was the very first time I had done this. I texted and didn't get a response, so I emailed and then the rep finally said that she'd been on vacation and contacted me.

After that, we had already gotten into the transport window, and there wasn't anything set yet, but Sherpa were good about keeping me updated. They were able to set up the transport and I got a call saying that the car could be picked up on that week. The driver was great, and he kept me up to date as well. He picked up the car from my aunt and uncle in Nevada, and he was good about communicating with them, then he was good about communicating with me for the drop-off. The experience was a little stressful, but it ended up working out. Maybe that's just how the process works.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Sherpa took care of pretty much everything about our vehicle's transport from San Diego, California to Miami, Florida. It only took less than a week and the driver's communication was great. He was a good guy, too.

Pinned

Cristian, as our many reviews attest, we are known for our industry knowledge and being transparent and customer-centric. This is why when we briefly worked together we made sure we did everything in our power to get your car shipped. Consistent, clear communication and honesty are the foundation of our philosophy. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

The transport went from Idaho to Clermont, Florida, and the driver was very nice and professional. He let me know when he was a couple hours out in the morning both for pickup and when they dropped the car off.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Sherpa Auto was great to work with and was very flexible and patient when we had to shift our pickup/dropoff date, location, and contact around a few times! However, our carrier, NW Express Trucking LLC was difficult to work with. We were told that we would be contacted 12-24 hours beforehand and we never got any information that our pickup date was delayed and outside the expected pickup range. Our car got picked up one day late, and we still never got any call 12-24 hours beforehand for that too. I only found out that the car was going to be picked up 8 hours before they expected to arrive from a call that I had to make to the carrier.

We asked about the estimated dropoff date and the driver told us a date that was within the estimated window that Sherpa gave us. However, dropoff was also a day late and we also had to find out by us calling them since we did not hear anything from them within the initial expected dropoff window. I personally had to call the company multiple times to get information on both the pickup/dropoff and felt like they never called me to communicate any delays. It was extremely frustrating having to reach out multiple times because they did not do so, and caused us to have to shift plans around since the carrier did not follow through on their expected pickup and dropoff windows. Lastly, the carrier did not accept checks but only Venmo, Zelle, or cash.

Pinned

We apologize that we did not live up to our high standards when we worked together. We are disappointed about the carrier’s lack of communication and unprofessionalism. The carrier did not live up to the high level of communication that we expect and that our customers deserve. We appreciate that you shared your experience. Feedback is crucial for us getting better at what we do: making shipping vehicles easy and stress free for customers.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

I gave Sherpa a call, and they were good. The driver was a very nice person. I was pleased with the final cost.