Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5
Visit Website

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I was traveling to another part of the United States from home, for a length of time, and I needed to have my car with me. Normally, I make the drive myself but I wanted to test it and see what the experience would be like, to have it delivered for me so I could fly to that location. I looked at around 15-20 transport companies and I went with Sherpa because firstly, I liked the way they presented themselves when I first called. They outlined everything, the charges and the procedure and so on. Secondly, they were recommended to me by my son, who had used that same service earlier in the year for another vehicle that was being transported to his home.

They were very clear about all the details that was involved in the planning, and they were very good about notifying me via email when they had located a driver, and all the details regarding that driver. The driver was very accommodating, constantly in contact with me. It was a very positive experience with Sherpa. There were several quotes that were less, but Sherpa was also less and they would provide you with a refund at the end if it was off.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I looked at 2 or 3 companies and chose Sherpa because of the reviews. There was some service online that recommended them, too. The quote was right in line with everyone else’s. And when I signed up for it, the customer service did a great job. They were knowledgeable and friendly. They also answered my questions and took care of everything. They transported my Porsche from Connecticut to Washington State, and the delivery went perfectly well. The driver did an excellent job as well. Using Sherpa has been a good value in moving my car to a different location to give away to a friend, and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

My son's car had to come back from Denver because his registration had expired and we couldn't get a small truck to get it back. Sherpa transported the vehicle from Denver to LA. Before using them, I looked at two other companies. I had a disaster with one company where they did not come when they said they would. There was snow in Denver, so it was a three-day delay, and it ended up my son taking off work.

The representative from Sherpa was very nice and it was the same thing with the dispatcher. The gentleman that dropped off the car was very knowledgeable. He was very fast. He had it off in 10 minutes. He texted me, told me what time he would be there, and he was there. The quote was a little high though, but I wanted someone that would actually be able to do the job unlike the other company. I was then fine with paying the price, so I didn't have to hassle like I had the week before.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I need to relocate to Bellevue, Washington and I was living in Detroit, Michigan. I needed to have my car transported. I liked Sherpa's Price Lock guarantee. Their rep clearly explained the steps involved and how we would go forward with it. And then, he followed up with that as well in a very professional way. He was quite knowledgeable about what he is doing and he was like offering me the best service.

The quote was a little bit on the higher side than other companies. But, it is totally worth it because from what I heard, other companies use a bait-and-switch technique. So, they quote you low, but later on you will end up paying a lot more. Sherpa was very professional on that, and then they stuck to what they quoted me in the first place, and then provided me with the service. The drivers were very professional, and then the condition of the car itself was very good. There wasn't any damage. The way I dropped it, it was the same when I picked it up.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I needed a transport service because I was moving from Las Vegas, Nevada where I’ve lived for many years, to Seattle, Washington where I had just bought a place and where I am now living. I chose Sherpa because I did look at Consumer’s online. I’ve been getting Consumer Report for 60 years and they had a good recommendation. The customer service of Sherpa was fantastic. They were the best company I have dealt with of any kind in the last 50 years. They were so reliable. They kept telling me what was going on, where they were, what was going to happen and when it was gonna happen, and it was always right.

I delayed the transport myself because I wanted to stay in Nevada a bit longer. But Sherpa was prompt. The driver was punctual and he kept me informed. The car was spotless and perfect when it was delivered. For the cost, it was extremely reasonable. I accepted what they said because they had such a good reputation, and I thought I would pay what they asked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I looked at the top companies that Google recommended and everybody else tried to call me for about two weeks afterwards. I went with Sherpa because of the guaranteed rate. They were very helpful and called back and was on top of everything. I transferred my car out to Florida from Atlantic City, New Jersey, about 1,100 miles and it was handled very well by the representative. They were very experienced and the delivery guy was very nice. The transport took two days. The car was an old car and I wasn’t really too concerned. It was dirty when it arrived, but its condition was as good as when it was picked up. Sherpa was about $300 higher than my lowest bid, but I was worried about the no-haggle and just getting smarter and saving. So, it was good. It was what I expected.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I discovered that the auto transport industry has a lot of bait and switch. After I got about 100 emails and phone calls, I decided I’d go to a review site. Their number one pick was Sherpa. And so, I went right to Sherpa and everything went great. It was clockwork. The Honda CRV was delivered right on time and right to the house. It was dirty but it was in perfect shape. The driver was on the ball the whole time and calling me, giving me updates. I knew exactly where he was the whole time. The quote was 950 and that was exactly what it cost. There were no extra charges. Everything was right on top. The whole industry has a bunch of shysters. So, when I came come across somebody that was honest, it was refreshing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Shipping a car, Texas to Wisconsin. Sherpa dude was informative and followed his script and we set up a plan. I’m not in a hurry to ship and the car can wait until a driver is coming by to combine it with another haul.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I originally had another company lined up, and they didn't show up for the scheduled pickup of my vehicle. I had to scramble to try to find another transporter. I did better due diligence the second time around and found Sherpa's listing on a list of top shippers in the country. And so, based on the stuff I read online, I called them on that day, and they got the car set up to be picked up within 24 hours, and they did. The rep was very helpful and seemed to be very honest in what they were telling me. The price they quoted me was what I paid, and it was within what I was looking to spend. The rep was very understanding of my situation and worked to get it resolved quicker than I expected.

The driver picked the car up from my brother's house on the other end, and my brother said he spent a lot of time making sure he documented everything correctly. And then he was here earlier than I expected, so that was good. He quickly got the vehicle off the truck, did his pictures, sent me a copy of all the stuff I needed, and it was great.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

First of the auto Transportation niche is an absolute disaster for someone who does this every 10 years. It's a very SHADY industry. That being said Sherpa stood out far above the rest. Although they are a bit more expensive. They have excellent communication skills from sales to the time your vehicle arrives. They are very upfront and honest. In the industry they are in they are miles ahead of most when it comes to integrity. For the common person who doesn't ship cars across the country very often, I would hands down recommend Sherpa to anyone. Yep you pay a little more but the it's well worth it. Do your research. I rarely post kudos but Sherpa exceeded all expectations.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information