4.9/5 (1074 ratings)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery

Cons

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Bottom Line

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. There's no charge until a carrier is secured, and its Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I found Sherpa online and my experience with them was excellent.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Excellent service and communication throughout the entire process. Will use Sherpa again, thank you. Feedback for your records about the actual driver/transport company: Soliciting for a larger tip at delivery was a tad uncouth.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I called Sherpa for an estimate and got immediate answers to my questions. The rep that I worked with over the phone was super nice. He was straightforward and giving answers without it like being this big, long thing. It was very efficient and I appreciate that. I wasn't available for the pick-up but that went very smoothly. The car also arrived in really quick time too and I was in close contact with the delivery gentleman. He was very polite. He texted me and let me know approximately what time he'd be here. He gave a meeting location that was very convenient. I might hire Sherpa again to ship the car right back.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I'd recommend Sherpa in a heartbeat. They were $50 more than the next highest bid that I got, but some of the reviews I got on the company with the next time highest bid mentioned it started out at that bid then it ended up jacking the price up. And they couldn't get their car until they paid more. I didn't want to deal with that. I went with Sherpa, with the rating being as high as it was and the fact that the price was locked.

We didn't know exactly when we needed the car out here, but Sherpa worked with us fine and we were able to get it out when we needed it. The driver had my number as well as my daughter's (where the car was going), and we were able to communicate. During pickup, he told me he couldn't get the transport out to the house, so I drove the car in town. He found an open spot and parked on Central Avenue. I drove out, picked up the person who was with the driver, and he drove me back to the house. They ended up doing the same thing on the delivery side too. Where we were dropping off was an apartment, and I figured it would have been difficult to get into and out of once the driver got in there. It was 36 hours to go from Albuquerque to Tampa, which was a lot faster than what we thought it would be.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Sherpa's customer service was good and the delivery was smooth and quick. Compared to other quotes that I got, theirs was one of the best. They also had a matching thing where they put in a bid, and if it didn't get picked up, then they would put in $300 of their own to make it work. That was appreciated.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed helping you ship your vehicle and are glad that you got to experience what sets Sherpa apart from the rest - our transparent pricing, clear communication and thorough carrier vetting process to get you the best carrier.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

The auto transportation with Sherpa was a little expensive, but aside from that, the service they provided was great. The dates that they said they would show, they showed up the very first day that was available, and they offered to come even sooner. As far as delivery, they arrived sooner than expected. They were willing to deliver without anybody even being present at home, and based off of trust as far as the final payment. My phone contact was great as well with updates. It was two vehicles that I transported, so it was a little scary, but things definitely worked out. They got the vehicles here in four days.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Sherpa provided a hassle-free experience for my interstate auto transport. They answered all of my questions and provided an accurate and fair estimate for services. This was my first interstate auto transport experience and Sherpa made it smooth and simple. The most important thing...the vehicle arrived without any damage. One recommendation: it would be convenient if there are a way to track the transport like we track FedEx, UPS and Amazon shipments.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Sherpa was wonderful. Everything went smoothly, was on time and there was no damage.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

The guys that run Sherpa are very communicative and they respond quickly. They got me a price I expected and it didn’t go up at all. They were also able to find me a driver who was excellent within the timeframe that I needed. Sherpa's cut on my deal was around $300. You can find it cheaper if you want to but I had a specific need. I had to get my car out of my garage quickly and up to Pennsylvania, and they were able to get the job done. I would definitely recommend them.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Mike, thanks for taking the time to leave this great review! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us! By providing top-notch customer service with frequent and courteous updates, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and carriers thoroughly vetted, we strive to make sure every customer has the same excellent experience that you did when we worked together. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to serving you, and anyone you send our way, in the future!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Everything was great. I was given the drivers' information, and someone contacted me the day before, the day of, and on both ends, picking up and loading and unloading the vehicle. It was smooth.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I bought a C6 Corvette Convertible in Davenport Iowa, and I needed transported to Joplin Missouri, I searched many companies and they were cheaper, but I went with Sherpa because of their 5 star rating. They guarantee a price and it was delivered for the stated price and the car was delivered the next day from pickup, excellent service, and they were very careful of the car. I will use them again. 5 star service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Customer service was great. I talked to a rep named Jeremiah, and follow-up was good. We didn't have any complaints. I thought the price was a little high, but after I compared to some of the other places, overall, it wasn't too bad. The service was good too. The car got from point A to point B with no issues, except it was dirty, but that's okay.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review! Sherpa stands apart from the rest because of our commitment to open communication, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a commitment to only working with carriers that meet our high standards. Unfortunately, during transit the car can get dirty which is why we offer our clean-car guarantee. We encourage you to take advantage of this offer. Please send an email to fulfillment@sherpaautotransport.com for details on how to redeem! Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The cost was in line with the marketplace, and the service was really good. We were lucky with the transport company that Sherpa ended up contracting with. They accepted the job on Wednesday evening, then they picked up the car on Friday. They showed up on time and delivered the vehicle three days later. It was great.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the great review, Keith! We know that shipping can be stressful. That's why Sherpa is committed to making the process as easy as possible by staying in touch with you throughout the process and only working with highly vetted carriers. It sounds like you had an exceptional experience with your carrier - something we will certainly make note of in their file so other customers can receive equally great service. Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Very simple booking. Contacted a transport company for me within a couple days. Carrier was quick and accurate. Much better company than Montway Transport which I have used in the past, and was a terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Sherpa was fantastic all through the process. The people I spoke to on the phone were helpful and reassuring that our car would be picked up on time and it was. I was originally thinking I could have a 2 day window to schedule the pick up in. But Sherpa made it clear that we would need a 5 day window and that turns out to be true and helpful. All in all I would recommend Sherpa as your broker if you're looking to ship a car. As a matter of fact another highly rated broker contacted me about a quote they gave me. When I told them I had chosen to go with Sherpa, they said I made a great choice, That Sherpa is one of the best. I will use them again if the need arises.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

When I talked with the customer care advocate at Sherpa, he was very much knowledgeable and direct with whatever questions I had. The quote was a bit on the higher side as compared to the quotes that I was receiving though. They gave me a price of 950 bucks while another auto transport shared with me a screenshot of the place where they put all the quotes and they were offering 650. But maybe because of high prices, we are getting a good quality service. The driver was also keeping me posted where he was and what time he would be delivering.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Rachit! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we secure a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. Our pricing does not change once you lock in your shipment with us. While it may seem higher than some other quotes you receive, the reason is because we price you accurately the first time to provide the great experience you described! We are glad you had a good experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

The rep was knowledgeable, explained everything great and didn't seem pushy. He made me feel comfortable with my decision. I didn't wanna drive and the service saved me a lot of time. Sherpa was very fast, reliable and ahead of schedule.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Customer service was really good. However, the one thing that could be improved was the notification of when the shipper was going to pick up the car. The driver contacted me the day before to let me know that he was gonna pick it up at a certain time then he moved it up early in the morning at 8:00 am the same day. The next day, he called me at 5:00 saying, "Hey, I'm here already. I came to pick your car up." That was two hours prior to what we agreed upon. I was supposed to get a 12 hours' notice, but I got the call 20 minutes before the guy was to deliver, and I was in a completely different city. That was a little frustrating, but it was the driver Sherpa contracted out. Other than that, the service was worth the money that I paid.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Wevly, shipping a vehicle an feel daunting. We do our best to alleviate any concerns a customer might have by being courteous, honest, and communicative throughout the entire auto transport process. We are committed to top-notch customer service along with our transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise and thorough carrier vetting process. We apologize you did not get get proper notice prior to pickup, we will make sure we pass this feedback along to the carrier for future shipments. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My daughter is a travel nurse and we needed to get her car out to California. This is the first time I've ever had to use a company and Sherpa's quote was completely reasonable with everyone else. I had no problems with anything that went on too. I talked to a couple different people because we were changing based on drop off locations. I never spoke to the same person more than once, but every communication was great. My daughter was also happy to have her car, so I'm assuming everything went well or I would have heard otherwise.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

When we founded Sherpa Auto Transport, we did so with the intention to make the vehicle shipping process easy and stress-free. It's wonderful to know that we lived up to that standard when we worked together. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your Sherpa experience! Communication is the cornerstone of our company and we're so glad that when we worked together you found us to be transparent and communicative. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Given the high costs of car rental, it made sense to bring my car to my vacation location - especially since I’ll be away for months. Professional and easy to work with, I found my driver and operational staff so eager to make this process smooth.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

My dealings with Sherpa for my car transportation has been a five star experience. The team is very responsive. In my case Sherpa could not finder a driver for my car's transport within the 7 day period that was allocated. On the 8th day they found me a driver (Sherpa paid additional to this driver). That was just FANTASTIC!!! They keep their word with the price - and the car was swiftly transported within about 5 days. I would RECOMMEND SHERPA for transportation needs. They are worthy of every word of my praise!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Hello. I wanted to leave feedback for the carrier that transported my car from California to New Jersey. I felt they did a great job, and I was very happy with the quality of service. They called via phone and text so we always knew what to expect for the pickup and drop-off process. They were also very fast, delivering the car a day ahead of their estimated timeframe. Thank you very much.

Michael

Shipment #**

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Sherpa followed through and they had good commitment and communication through phone, texts and calls. Overall, they are good to use.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

The entire shipping from start to finish went without any problems. I was totally happy with this company. They arrived on the date and time that was given and I want to especially thank the Driver, Timothy. He was awesome.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Sherpa transported my car cross country from CA to CT. They managed to pick up and drop off in places very close to where I lived. The drop-off was right on time with no problems. The transport driver was very professional and friendly on both ends.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Sherpa's customer service was very thorough. I called, and they were helpful. I got a quote right away. I had to change the date early on before we committed to a particular date, and they were able to verify that that would work. They changed the quote and were very responsive on that. Then, they were accurate with the delivery window. The communication was quite good. They did what they said they were going to do.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I was moving from Raleigh, North Carolina to Denver, Colorado, so I needed to get my car shipped. I originally had an appointment and a deal with another company, but the day and time that they were supposed to come and pick up the car, they kept saying, “Oh, we’re still trying to find a driver.” I called them a month and a half early to have it all set up and ready to go, but they couldn't do it. I googled car shipping companies, and Sherpa came up as one of the highest rated. I called them, and the guy was awesome. He was able to do a bid within two hours and find a driver. When I called the other company to cancel with them, they said, “Oh, no, we have somebody now.” The guy at Sherpa told me the other company was doing a bait and switch, and that’s what happens in this industry.

The transport was much faster than I thought it would be, and the final price was the exact same thing the Sherpa guy quoted me. They didn’t ask for more money. The price was a bit more expensive than what the other company said, but only by 150 bucks. I've referred my roommate to move his car with Sherpa. He also had his appointment with another transport company, and they did the same thing to him. He called Sherpa, got his car shipped, and it’s on its way right now.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Here at Sherpa Auto Transport, we strive to provide every customer with the experience you describe in your review. We're committed to offering the best car shipping experience possible and make this happen by being honest and communicative with our customers, offering transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and working with only thoroughly vetted carriers that meet our high standards. Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

The customer service reps at Sherpa were good to talk to. They were friendly. It seemed like they knew everything I needed to know and they were open about everything. They said, "You can contact us or contact the driver any time." Sherpa's price lock was a big benefit. I've heard a lot of stories of people being charged more once they get the car. Sherpa gave me $100 rebate. The final cost was way more than I wanted to pay but nobody was picking the car up, so I had to do something to get the car. It got done in timely manner, and they offered the service that I paid for. The driver was courteous and he gave me some information about the car that I need to know before we got it off the trailer. Sherpa did everything in a timely manner and they did it when they said they were gonna do it.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the great review, Britton! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we secure a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. We are glad you had a great experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

This shipment went very smoothly. The car was picked up on the first day of the pickup window. I met the driver at a parking lot nearby and he was very professional. The car arrived in Los Angeles ahead of time in just over two days. The car was in excellent condition and the driver informed me of his progress towards the final delivery as he approached. I would highly recommend using Sherpa Auto Transport.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I couldn't be happier. After packing up my household effects and selling my New Haven home on Dec 3rd, my car was picked up at my NJ girlfriend's at ** on Dec 10th, then delivered to me in San Ramon, CA on Dec 17th. No one could have engineered and timed it better without Sherpa's help. And now one week later, it's Christmas Eve and I can house hunt ever further away from an expensive Bay Area with my car! Will use again.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information