Get a Free Quote Learn More
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5
Learn More

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 20, 2020

The Sherpa rep explained their business, and what they’re gonna do. Before talking to them, I read some comments about this company and they were very positive. I made the decision very quickly. Since I have an old car it had some scratches but I got additional scratches. The person who took my car from them didn’t check it. And after that, it was too late to apply. But other than that they came on time, check on time, took car, they brought it here with simple payment. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My daughter needed to bring her car to Florida for the Disney College Program. We were looking at Montway and I felt they were giving me the runaround. But Sherpa was number two on the list of the top five and I called them because I found Montway not being very accommodating. They couldn't guarantee that my daughter's car was gonna be there when I needed it there. And for them to pick it up, they wanted an extra $400. I also ended up looking at reviews and Montway got some nasty ones.

Sherpa pretty much gave me the quote the first night I talked to them, but they kept the deliveries very close to the vest. We kept getting closer and closer to my date that I felt was the drop-dead date to pick up, but the guy was very reassuring. He kept saying not to worry and that they were working on it. He said that it takes them time to do things and that they haven't secured a driver yet, but we were not being left hanging. But he wasn't sarcastic, relaxed, or used any sort of condescending tone.

Still, I was getting nervous because I wanted everything to happen the way it did. But the guy we dealt with was really good. His name was John from Christian Auto and he kept us in the loop the whole time as far as when his driver was gonna be picking up the vehicle on Thursday morning. He called us the night before saying that the driver was gonna be picking it up around 7:30 and he was 15 minutes early the next day. Then he put the car on, took his pictures, and left. My daughter and wife arrived on Saturday night and he was there at seven o'clock that Sunday morning. The car arrived dirty, but that was a by-product of the trip. No big deal. Everybody was happy and my wife and daughter did what they needed to do. I was very impressed and happy with Sherpa. They did what they had to do.

In fact, I should've called them again. The Disney College Program was canceled due to the virus, so I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow to drive the car back myself and I really don't wanna drive it back myself. But all of this happened on Saturday and we had to make it happen because my daughter has to be physically off the property tomorrow. I would've liked to retain Sherpa, but I didn't think I had enough time to secure a driver and I didn't feel like spending 1,000 bucks either.

Original review: March 17, 2020

My experience with Sherpa was perfect. I’ve shipped my car several different times 'cause I'm a travel nurse, and this was by far the best experience I've had. They picked it up a day early, which was great. And I don't know how this guy got it over the mountain so dang fast but he dropped it off on time. Not only that, I was also able to stay in contact with my driver. If I would text him, he would text me back pretty much within an hour. The cost was fine too. As long as I can get my car on time. It wasn't cheap but they got it to me and it wasn't filthy dirty.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I did an auto transport search online, and Sherpa came up. I used it them for my cross-country move. Normally, I’m not big into this, but their customer service was extremely positive to deal with in every aspect. The quote was what I expected, and the price didn’t deviate. The driver did a good job as well. Everything worked out perfectly.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I’m super impressed with Sherpa. I had contacted another auto transport carrier, and they were all enthusiastic at first. They said they could work with me then they pursued me about getting things lined up. When I finally committed to lining things up, I couldn’t get a hold of them anymore, absolutely disappeared off the face of the earth. It spooked me because I was on a limited time. I ended up having to leave the car with neighbors and a set of keys with them, hoping it was gonna get moved. I couldn’t get the carrier to commit to a time and out of desperation, I went online and started looking at the reviews of car carriers. Sherpa came up with a high rating, so I called them, and they were awesome. They were straightforward and honest.

They were upfront with the costs and they told me everything right down the line. They were also willing to work with me on the timeline that would work for me. I asked them about my concerns of the car being just there and me not supervising it and they said it wasn't a problem as long as I had the paperwork with it. I booked the service and being a contractor, they had somebody else come out and get it. The guy lived in the area, stayed in contact with me and he was out to the other end of the country a day earlier than what they had estimated. They contacted me ahead of time too. I love the fact that they stayed in contact with me and were early. The car arrived in great shape and there weren’t any more additional costs either. It went really well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: March 14, 2020

I googled, looked up the best car transportation companies, and found Sherpa. The rep who assisted me was very humble, very knowledgeable, and gave me all the information I needed. Also, there were no hidden fees, which I enjoyed, and there was no damage on the car when it was delivered. It was dirty, which is normal, but besides that, it was a very good experience.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Don't trust these people with your car! I've been telling them from day 1 that my car had a clutch problem, and that's why I wasn't driving it to my new home in another state. That's the reason it would need to be transported. So they give me a quote, and when I'm ready with the location to where they need to transport it, they tell me that they can't ship it. And yet, a regular tow truck driver moved it, towed it to my friend's house with no problem. These people are liars and have wasted my precious time. They even wasted more of my time when one of their incompetent employees said I would get a call back from their "distress team," and of course, they never bothered to call me back. They honestly couldn't care less. They are unprofessional and incompetent, and I'm glad they won't be touching my car. I can only imagine how that would've ended up, and they wouldn't have cared one bit in the end.

Original review: March 11, 2020

My daughter relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area and flew out there so we needed to send her car out. We went online and I had picked a different company, and then I researched and they had very bad reviews. Also, there were issues with them that people were being blackmailed when the delivery arrived, where the car would not be turned over unless they gave additional cash. My other daughter’s fiancé's parents moved to Florida and they used a different transport and it was a very negative experience. So, that was a heads up to really do some research. Sometimes, cheaper is not better. You want reputable.

On the other hand, Sherpa had the Better Business Bureau recommendation and has been in business for a long time. Their customer representative was awesome. Victor was the driver. He was really good and so nice. My daughter actually broke her foot. Victor went out of his way to bring the car to her. The car arrived sooner than we expected. We had an excellent experience. Sherpa was awesome.

Resolution response: March 11, 2020

Sherpa called this morning and has taken care of the EZ pass lane violation. It was a quick response. Thank you to Sherpa.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I hired and paid Sherpa to transport my vehicle from California to Massachusetts. The car was transported and delivered. But: I just received a Notice of Violation from New York City Thruway $$. The driver went through an E-Z lane without paying the toll, I called Sherpa who wants me to call New York Thruway. I called the New York Thruway who wants me to call Sherpa. I'm going in circles all at the lack of responsibility of Sherpa.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I was going with another company but Sherpa made promises that they could pick up, deliver and do that. They then quoted a price that they thought was reasonable to get the vehicle moved, but they did not follow through. I contacted Sherpa and the gentleman I spoke to on the first time said that the number that was given to me was unrealistic for someone to pick it up. And so, he then quoted a price and guaranteed it, that if it was more or less then they would honor it, which they did. They saw that the vehicle was picked up within the timeframe. The driver was very nice and courteous, and he kept me informed. He got hit in a snowstorm down in Kansas City and he was ahead of time, but mother nature took care of that.

And then they also picked up a car out in California three months later. I was concerned about having an enclosed trailer because of the weather, but that worked out well. They followed up with their carwash and their guarantee, and they were very responsive and true to what they said. The quote that they gave me was stronger than the other but it was accurate. Also, my son in Denver was buying a car out of Dallas or Houston, and he used Sherpa a month ago. His experience was similar to mine. Overall, this company has been very good.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information