2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (800 ratings)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery

Cons

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Bottom Line

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. There's no charge until a carrier is secured, and its Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

It’s my first time shipping a car and Sherpa answers all my questions, follow up with me throughout the process, call me back when I couldn’t reach them at the moment, they make it very easy and I feel at ease and confident that the shipping process will be okay. I got my car safe and no damage. The carrier was also nice. They have best customer service ever. Everyone that I spoke with are so kind and just nice people. They care and I can feel that they are really good people. Thank you! If I ever ship my car again, I’ll definitely use them. And I already recommended Sherpa to my friends and will continue to do so.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I liked that Sherpa had a buffer. If the driver changed the price, they would cover up to so many hundreds of dollars. The coordinator was super easy to talk to. I made one phone call and the rest was through email so that was convenient. I liked that too. The communication with the driver had no delays nd it was done through phone calls and text. We got the BOL through email. The transport was from Ohio to California and it was quicker than we thought it was gonna be. I’m happy with the experience and there were no complaints at all.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I got an email quote from Sherpa but when I called, the reps talked through the details. They were easy to talk to, clear and concise. They did everything they said they would and the price stayed exactly like they said. So, they were solid throughout and consistent. Sherpa wasn’t the most expensive but they weren’t the cheapest. It was value for what they did. I felt certain they'd be able to do what they said they would do for the money. I had good communication with the driver. They came to my house and it was an easy unload as well as an easy payment, and a smooth transaction. The cost to have a covered trailer, with both pick-up and delivery on time, was worth it. Sherpa was very professional. If I've got to move another vehicle, I'll definitely be calling them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We had had car trouble in Colorado, and we decided it was as cheap to have Sherpa bring the car to us as to go back up there to pick it up. I liked what they said and the comments from people that had used them before. So, that's why I decided to go with them. The representative was very helpful so I appreciated that. He kept in contact with me. He called me back when he said he would. He was very personable. The only problem I had with the driver was he didn't call back when he was supposed to at one time, but then I was able to reach him. He was very personable. He did fine. I was elated to have my car back. It was in good condition.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The reps from Sherpa were great. Everything was done on time. I had everything moved and done within the two weeks I needed it. So, the house was closed and the car got moved. I was unsure what to expect all in all because I'd never done it before. We were trying to figure out how to move the car. So, it was perfect. The driver was nice and he told me exactly what he needed and what we needed to do. The quote was exactly what they told me it would be and the quality of service was perfect. Otherwise, my son who is in New York would have had to come out and get the car.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Sherpa’s reps were pleasant, courteous and very professional. I was glad that they picked the car up, and that was one less problem for me. They got here when they said they would. When the car came in, my sister received it and they made a video, and it was very nice. The car was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. The quote was a fair price. The transport took 1,700 miles and they got it there in two days, so that's booking. The guys were very polite and took good care of the vehicle. I was happy with it. I will do it again if I ever need the service.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Even though Sherpa was $200 less than everybody else, they claimed that they would spend up to $300 in order to get the deal done, if they had to, to get it to entice a driver. It sounded like a come-on to me, but I read the reviews. I'm big on reviews, and the reviews all checked out. Even though the competitors told me I would regret it, Sherpa did everything they said they would do. I shipped the car to my condo in Florida, and I had a third party meet them. They met the person exactly where and when they said they would meet them, pulled my Jeep off the truck, parked it in the parking space, and everything was fine. Overall, the service was trouble free and on time, so the value was about as good as it can get.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I did some business with Sherpa last year and they did very good. So, I asked them again. The last transport was from Virginia, Harrisonburg to Grand Forks, North Dakota and there was a delay but in general, the experience was good. The time frame was three days and the day before that, the rep told me that they still didn’t have a driver. So, I sent an email asking for some confirmation. At the end, they fixed it. Sherpa’s quote was fair and the final quote was just a little bit $100 more than the quote in advance. I met the driver when he picked up the car and he was the best part. He was very kind and when he arrived in Grand Forks, he was very good. The vehicle arrived on the day that we scheduled in advance and its condition was perfect.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

This was my first experience with shipping a vehicle and when I tell you that my nerves had the best of me it's an understatement. However Sherpa came through like champs. My Challenger arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I did the setup on the phone, and I was happy with it. Also, the rep did it within just a few days, and I was quite pleased because it didn't take long for me to find out how much it was gonna cost. I was impressed with the cost, because it was cheaper than the pod for my belongings. Plus, Sherpa did a much better job with the car than the pod company. I wanted them to just drop the car off at a location, and I was there. It wasn't in the same town, but I had somebody take me there and the delivery went well. They called me early in the morning and said they'd be there at a certain time, and they were. It was a different truck. They picked up different cars and put it on a different truck.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information