4.9(4,973)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, customer service focused on professional, frequent communication, and accurate pricing based on real-time data. Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise tells you exactly how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. You can contact Sherpa Auto Transport to get a free full-service auto transport quote.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery
Cons
  • Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Stars Rating

• 94%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
    Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 16, 2023

The whole process was very straightforward. Someone called from the sales team to discuss the pricing. The information that was provided was accurate. The timeline and the cost were explained. They did a good job. The driver during the pick-up preferred to have a place where he can access more parking space. We had someplace near my house. So, I drove to the place and then he filled out bill of lading form and inspected the vehicle with all the damages that he could see. So there was pretty clear communication. It was very, very smooth and fast. There was peace of mind in working with Sherpa. The cost was very economical. They also gave me another $100 discount on the mail-in rebate, which was fantastic. I was not expecting but that was good as well. I will definitely do business with them again if I have to.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed helping you ship your vehicle and are glad that you got to experience what sets Sherpa apart from the rest - our transparent pricing, clear communication and thorough carrier vetting process to get you the best carrier.

Staff

Reviewed July 16, 2023

I needed to get a vehicle from Pennsylvania to Texas. The driver that Sherpa got for me came right to the house and he was a little bit hard to understand, but we were able to communicate. He showed up when he said he would and they had it where we needed it when they said they would. They picked it up from my son's house in Pennsylvania and took it to my daughter's house in Texas, and it worked great.

Reviewed July 16, 2023

Setting up the transport with Sherpa was very easy to do. You just go online and put everything on the computer, and then call them. The rep was very friendly. He answered all my questions on the phone and was professional most of the time. The pick-up was in Albany, Georgia and the drop-off was in Redlands, California and it took three days. Given the weather we had, the transport was good. He was towards the late side but that's not late, there were thunderstorms. He told me he was gonna be late and he came on time. On the other side, when he dropped the car off at my brother's house, it was very easy. Because the weather in California was cooperative, he showed up on time. It was a good experience with Sherpa.

Reviewed July 15, 2023

Everything went smoothly. The process was flawless and everyone we communicated with were polite and friendly. Art, the driver was extremely friendly and helpful. Art was very professional and careful in unloading our Acura MDX. It was delivered on the time schedule, promised. We were informed as to the time it would be delivered. Great experience!!!! I would highly recommend this company. Thank You for doing a

Reviewed July 15, 2023

Going with Sherpa was easy. I was able to do it online and get my quote immediately. Then they put me in contact with the driver. The driver reached out to me and kept me updated throughout the process with an ETA and where to meet. He did the same for my daughter on the Phoenix end as well. They reached out a couple of days before and said, "We're probably gonna be there this day." Then they called again the day before and kept us updated so we would make sure we were available. I was impressed. The cost was cheaper than what I was expecting.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Received quote and accepted. Within days had transporter contact and pick up vehicle. Drivers very professional. Vehicle quickly delivered all the way across country in a very short period.. Recommend using Sherpa as a broker. They use very reliable people and there are not hidden or sudden extra charges. What you see is what you get.

Reviewed July 13, 2023

We were very pleased with both Sherpa and the delivery company. The driver stayed in contact with us and was extremely professional and personable. We found an agreed upon location for convenient delivery. He was on time for pick up and delivery. Would recommend Sherpa and pick up company to anyone.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 13, 2023

I was moving to Tallahassee and I have two vehicles, so I could only tow one behind U-Haul. I used Sherpa to transport the other one and they had a price-lock promise which was very beneficial. It was a little bit more than I was hoping to pay, but at the end of the day, it was what I needed. And it was within $100 of the best price I could have gotten without all the hassle of spending hours trying to get that price.

Their customer service was also pretty good. As far as the delivery times, that's tough for them to plan out because they hire independent drivers. But overall, I was satisfied. They delivered the vehicle directly to my home. They contacted me 24 hours before the delivery was set up and said that the driver would be arriving the next day. Then, they called ahead again two hours ahead of time and when he got here. It was the same thing with the driver. He called to say when he would arrive then he called again to say that he was about an hour away and verified the address. All in all, Sherpa was easy to work with. They guaranteed delivery within the time frame that I needed and they only had a week's notice.

Pinned

Thanks for the great review! We love hearing that you experienced what sets Sherpa apart from the rest: excellent customer service, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a commitment to only working with carriers that meet our high standards. A recommendation is the highest form of compliment we can receive! We look forward to helping you, and any others you send our way, in the future!

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Great experience with Sherpa Auto Transport. They picked up my vehicle within the window they said they would and had a great carrier drive my car from San Diego to Missouri within 3 days. My car arrived with no problem. Would definitely recommend this company for your car transport needs.

Pinned

Julie, thanks for taking the time to leave this great review! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us! By providing top-notch customer service with frequent and courteous updates, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and carriers thoroughly vetted, we strive to make sure every customer has the same excellent experience that you did when we worked together. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to serving you, and anyone you send our way, in the future!

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Sherpa responded quickly. It worked out well with their reps. They shipped my car from LA to St. Louis. They had to pick up at the Long Beach Park then they dropped off at a residence outside of St. Louis. The drop-off guy was very cooperative. I like him. He took good care of me. He told me what was going on. He called me before he got here. He told me where he was and what spot to meet him at. He was on time. Part of the deal was I was able to turn a thing in to get $100 back at the end of it. The rebate made it a good deal.

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Setting the transport up with Sherpa was easy. It was one phone call. The rep was good. The schedule worked out.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Sherpa gave me a fair quote almost immediately. I didn't get a confirmation that the car was gonna be picked up and who would pick it up until a few days before, but they kept contacting me and telling me, "We're working on this. We're sure that we'll have somebody available for you. If not, then you'll get a refund." When the car was picked up, the driver drove it to the end of the street, loaded it up, and took pictures. He contacted me when he was en route and when he was close. I gave him a meeting point and he was there right on time and unloaded. I was very satisfied with the pickup and delivery. They kept in contact with me leading up to and during the transport. Everything was delivered on time and in good condition. The price Sherpa quoted was the price that I ended up paying.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 13, 2023

I used Sherpa two years ago to go from Boston to Florida, and they did a good job. This time, I needed to move my car from Florida to Ohio. They came at a more competitive price. I like the Price Lock Promise where they guarantee you the price. For the pick-up, the driver told me a certain day and time and he was within 30 minutes of that. When they dropped it off in Cleveland, he was there waiting for me. The cost was worth the money. Everything was flawless. The car was not damaged. The drivers were great. Everybody was on time. The experience was hassle-free. When I need a car transport again, they're the ones I'm gonna go with. If somebody's looking for a car transport company, I would tell them to start with Sherpa.

Pinned

Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport again, Barry! A recommendation is the highest form of compliment we can receive. We love knowing that your vehicle shipment was smooth and stress-free, an experience we work hard to provide all our customers with. One way we make sure things go smoothly is with our Price Lock Promise. As you describe in your review, our Price Lock Promise makes sure that the amount we quoted you is the exact amount that you pay the carrier when your vehicle is delivered. Thanks again for working with Sherpa. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed July 13, 2023

Great experience in transporting my sedan prior to moving across the country. Sherpa was able to secure transport within the window assigned to me at the quoted price even though the route was not one that was frequently traveled. It is not easy to call and reach someone at Sherpa, but if I emailed they were always quick to call or email back. The driver, Christian, made the experience very pleasant as he communicated with me via text to give me an idea of ETA 1-2 days ahead of time so I could make sure I was able to pick up the vehicle. I appreciate everyone from Sherpa and the transport company that helped make my move successful.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I did a little bit of research and one thing that I always do is always look at the reviews and the past experiences of customers as a factor in my determination. When I went online and did a little research about Sherpa, a lot of customers were overly satisfied with the quality of service they provided. I completed the online questionnaire and submitted that. In less than 24 hours, somebody contacted me to discuss the particular details of the car transport.

I was transporting a 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback Classic. I asked for an enclosed transport. The driver and I communicated regularly and that was very helpful. The driver stayed in touch with me and we talked through where we were at during our journey. That was really helpful because we arrived almost at the same time. I met the driver somewhere and that went well.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I liked that Sherpa Auto Transport would lock in a price for me and that price wouldn't change. If there was a difference, they would make it up. Also, they explained the entire process to me and put me in contact with the driver. From there, I talked with the driver and planned everything out as far as the drop-off and pick-up. He was very cordial, professional, and handled everything without issue. Everything was perfect for me.

Pinned

Thank you for the great review, Jon! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we get a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. We are glad you had a great experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

PriceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 12, 2023

The quote they provided was about the same as other transportation companies. The delivery of the vehicle was flawless. The car was without damage. I'm gonna use Sherpa when the car gets shipped back.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I called to get a quote and Sherpa Auto Transport set me up. They told me the time, and how much it would cost. We got it done that same day with our phone call. I have the ease of mind knowing that my price would not change. It was an incentive to use Sherpa. Also, the time range they gave me was accurate. And they were ahead of schedule. The earliest day they could pick up, they came that earliest day. They just took my car and drove it to one of the bigger streets because they weren't able to get into my neighborhood. They were able to get my car. And when I went to pick it up, I had to meet the driver at a big street, but it was only a few minutes away from my new apartment.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

When I contacted Sherpa, I got a quick response. The customer service was good enough so that I continued. They were very responsive. Within a day, they let me know who was gonna be picking it up, which was fine. I had to meet the schedule of the transport person because Sherpa doesn't do that. They're a broker. So, I had a clean hand-off to the transporter and it went seamlessly. In the end, the transport took a little bit longer than I would have liked, but I can't blame it on Sherpa or the transporter because he had his schedule already set out. So, I was fine with it. I'm very happy with the end product. But the $300 fee for what Sherpa did was a little bit on the high side.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Sherpa was great. I'm going through a messy divorce and they really helped me. When I had to reschedule, they were okay with it. They worked with me really well. They let me put stuff in the trunk. From what I read, a lot of companies don't let you put anything in your car. But Sherpa helped me with that and they didn't add any extra. The driver was very friendly. He was down in Tucson the day when my sister and I had flown there from Iowa. He made it up to Mesa and called us that evening. We took my car over there. He loaded it up and got it home in about two and a half days.

Customer ServicePriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Sherpa's reps were very professional and friendly. They called and emailed me and they were on the ball. When I received information and it came up a different amount, I called them back and they were very helpful in telling me what to do. I just needed to go in and refresh my page to be able to see the correct figure that is what we agreed upon.

Also, the driver was great. He went out of his way to accommodate me. On the day of the pickup, I had a prior commitment and he asked where it was. It was at a restaurant and he checked it out and told me he would meet me there. He called me when he got there, parked across the street, and then walked over to where I was to get my car. He was very personable and respectful. The delivery was great, too. They delivered it right to the house in Tennessee. Sherpa said that if the charge ends up being higher, they would pay the difference up to a certain amount. The ending bill ended up being a little bit more and they covered that amount themselves and I still paid the same price they quoted.

Pinned

Thank you for the great review, Debra! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we get a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. We are glad you had a great experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I called Sherpa and set up the details, gave them everything they needed for the transport. They pretty much handled the rest. The cost also seemed reasonable. I only interacted with the driver during the drop-off, but everything went smoothly.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Their customer service was really good. We emailed a little bit, and then talked to one of their people over the phone. They were super helpful, and texted me, so I could just text the representative whenever I needed a question answered. Their price was also really good relative to everything else I was looking at. They also kept their price lock promise. What they quoted me is what I ended up paying. I was there when the vehicle was picked up, but it was delivered to some family of mine. I gave them my family's phone number and they were in contact and let them know when they were arriving and it went smoothly. The driver brought it direct to them.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Sherpa's customer service was good. They kept me informed the whole time. They let me know what was coming up, what was next, and with them, they brokered a transport company and they let me know everything about the transport company that would be picking up the car as well. Also, they told me what it was gonna cost, and looking at other transport companies, they were about in the same ballpark. I was informed along the way as to when the delivery was going to be, and it was going to arrive on a Saturday. Then as Saturday got near, they narrowed it down to the hour. The delivery worked out great. They said, “Can you meet us here?” I walked down and picked it up, and it was ready.

I used Sherpa one other time. This time, I reached out to them for another transport because my daughter's going to college on the east coast, and she came back for summer, and she needed her car. I'm probably going to use them again when she goes back to college.

Pinned

It means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to ship your car!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 12, 2023

They explained the process well. The transporter that they contracted was very good, on time and delivered the vehicle without a scratch. I had to meet them somewhere else, but it was voluntary on my part because my new home is in an area where the streets are very narrow and a lot of trees encroaching. We couldn't get that big truck through. Their service was satisfactory. I was just very happy with what I got for the money. I would recommend Sherpa.

Pinned

Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave this great review! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us! By providing top-notch customer service with frequent and courteous updates, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and carriers thoroughly vetted, we strive to make sure every customer has the same excellent experience that you did when we worked together. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to serving you, and anyone you send our way, in the future!

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I called the number of Sherpa and the rep was really nice. He explained to me the process. The driver was also very nice. He kept me well informed. He pulled up beside my house and opened the back because it was an enclosed transport. I checked it out and made sure it was like the pictures he sent me and like the pictures the person I was shipping it from. He backed it out for me. He even put it in my garage for me. It was very simple. I would recommend Sherpa to anybody.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

My experience with Sherpa wasn't a bad experience. It was a new experience for me. I wasn't quite sure how things work. It took quite some time for them to get a driver. But once the driver got assigned to my vehicle, everything went smoothly. Everything was easy and self-explanatory. They walked me through any questions I had. The communication with the driver was also relatively good. He kept in contact and let me know everything. I would do it again now that I know all the circumstances.

Pinned

Thank you for the great review, Demetrius! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing based on using real-time market data to get you the most accurate pricing to make sure we get a driver to pick-up your vehicle backed by our Price Lock Promise. We are glad you had a great experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Sherpa was excellent. The driver picked up the car and left, and eight hours later, I met him on the highway and took the car and left. The car's condition was excellent. It was in a enclosed car carrier.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I told Sherpa what we wanted and our pickup date, and the rep just gave me a price based on the dates I gave him. The driver who picked up the car was great. We weren't there for the pickup. We were on the other end for the drop-off and he was great. The initial quote has been on track. The only thing is we gave them a window, said we needed the car picked up between these five days but we were getting close to the deadline and we weren't getting anything definitive that the car was gonna be picked up. So, I was getting a little nervous that there hasn't been anybody specifically assigned to us. Then, we got somebody assigned to us and he fell through. So, my only complaint was that I felt like I wasn't confident they were gonna come in the window that we had assigned. It all worked out, but it was a little bit scary there.

PriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I had multiple representatives from Sherpa, but they were all equally effective. Once I settled on one of them to make confirmations, everything was exactly how they said. The Sherpa team was straightforward. They had a very good insurance policy and a very good track record. So, it was easy to lean on. The driver was fine. They gave me updates. They picked the vehicle up one day and dropped it off the next day. It had some dings and scratches on it that were from the dealer probably. The driver was very helpful in scouring the car looking for any other things. A couple of the scratches were identified prior to pick-up and were documented appropriately. Then some other ones were on the hood from presumably a car wash, but I have some evidence to prove that that's not from shipping.

The most beneficial aspect was Sherpa's price quote accuracy. The price they quoted me has a $300 insurance effectively to make it so that Sherpa will pay for any extra up to a certain point. They quoted me a certain price. It ended up being a little bit more than that, but not to the $300 mark. So, I ended up paying exactly what I wanted and exactly what they quoted even though the actual cost to ship was gonna be more expensive. From looking around, no other transport company would do that. They have that extra internal system to make sure that the price they quote is accurate, and I feel like that above all else is helpful.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Setting up the transport with Sherpa was super easy. The only thing was going online. You just put in the information, you can set it up through that, but it made me call anyways, which is fine. It just made it sound like it was gonna be an easy online process. Honestly, calling was probably easier and better because the lady I talked to was great, super helpful, and gave me all the information I needed. The transport from Colorado to North Carolina took about four days. It was a lot faster than I thought it was gonna be. I got a call that they were gonna be able to drop the vehicle off in the third day. The guy had some issues with his truck. So, he just called me and asked if we could do it the next day. It was still a lot faster than I thought it would take.

The communication was great. I got updates frequently from them. The driver spoke a little bit of English. So, there was a guy that was communicating for us and that was great because he gave me an update every so often. I heard from him at least twice a day on where they were at. So, I knew when I could expect him to be there. It was a really good experience. As far as the price goes, it was fair.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I picked Sherpa because they were the only ones that answered the phone and said their company name and they have the price lock thing where people aren't gonna get charged anything extra, because I read a bunch of horror stories about that. The Sherpa guy was nice. They were a bit more than some of the other places, but none of the other guys that answered the phone even said the company they were affiliated with. They were rude on the phone as well.

I was skeptical because I read a bunch of reviews. Dealing with auto transport people was interesting, but it all worked out nice. I'm in Meridian, Idaho and Sherpa took the car to Winter Garden, Florida, which is right outside of Orlando. The guy that they contracted got delayed in traffic and showed up later, but he was amazing. He was delivering the car to my daughter. She got off work late at night and he waited for her. Overall, Sherpa did exactly what they said for the price they said they would and they were great people to deal with. The driver is not one of theirs because they contract those guys, but he was over-the-top nice.

Pinned

Brandon, we know there are a lot of options to choose from in the auto transport marketplace and it means a lot that you trusted us to ship your car. We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport!

Price

Reviewed July 11, 2023

I have used several services to transport vehicles cross-country over the years and Sherpa was easily the BEST. The company kept us informed all along the process, pickup and drop off were well communicated and executed, and pricing was very competitive with other firms. I will use Sherpa for all our future needs and recommend them highly.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 10, 2023

Sherpa's transporter picked up my classic car as scheduled, on time in California and delivered it in Illinois in three days. Perfect move and car was in same condition as picked up. No better than this! The quotation and ordering system is simple and easy. Customer service is also first class.

Pinned

Thanks for the great review! We love hearing that you experienced what sets Sherpa apart from the rest: excellent customer service, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a commitment to only working with carriers that meet our high standards. We look forward to helping you, and any others you send our way, in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2023

I called Sherpa and spoke with a gentleman for a while. He told me the transport would be put out for bidding. They were clear and told me that there was a 90% chance that I would get a match. I spoke with Sherpa about the meeting place and then, they sent the driver the meeting place. He texted me when he was a little bit out and then picked up the car on time. I had it delivered somewhere else and someone that worked for him called and told me to expect a date a couple of days before, and then he contacted me a little bit before. The driver delivered the car and sent me pictures to confirm the delivery, and did some payment methods that worked better for me. The service was good and I was very happy with the driver. He was excellent. I liked him. He was very professional and we appreciated him.

Reviewed July 7, 2023

Sherpa worked hard to get a good pickup/delivery window and the driver they contracted with to do the car transport was very good. The dispatcher I spoke with on Sherpa in particular was great. On time and contacted me so I knew exactly when he’d arrive. There were no surprises or problems. It was definitely a positive experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2023

Our driver kept me informed at every step and went out of his way to make sure that I was comfortable with his delivery schedule. The transfer was seamless and easy. Demetri made the delivery on time and made sure that everything was to my satisfaction before he went on his way.

Customer ServicePriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 7, 2023

The customer service reps from Sherpa were super helpful, very forthright and transparent. It was great. The pickup point was in upstate New York and the drop-off point was outside of Los Angeles, California, and I was given an original estimate of five to seven days. But the delivery took only five days, which was sooner than we expected. We were out of town and we ended up having a friend meet the driver. The driver was a non-English speaker, so it was a little bit tough on the communication. But in the end, it was fine. The quote was high but given that it was a referral and it's a difficult industry, I went with it.

Reviewed July 6, 2023

My experience, having never shipped a car before was very pleasantly surprised! Sherpa was on time, on budget, and delivered my car in exactly the condition that the car was when picked up! The company and driver communicated well and consistently, and the delivery was completely drama free. Driver was professional and right on time.