2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (916 ratings)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, top-notch customer service focused on professional, frequent communication and accurate pricing based on real-time data. When you choose Sherpa you’ll never experience bait-and-switch pricing. With their exclusive Price Lock Promise they’ll tell you how much it will cost to ship your vehicle and stick to it. In an industry rife with false promises and poor communication, Sherpa’s dedication to giving you a smooth and stress-free transport experience extends from the first phone call to after delivery. Contact Sherpa Auto Transport now to get a free and fair full-service auto transport quote backed by their Price Lock Promise.

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery

Cons

• Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Bottom Line

Sherpa is dedicated to providing transparent pricing, personable customer service and hassle-free auto transports. There's no charge until a carrier is secured, and its Price Lock Promise makes financial sense.

Sherpa Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The driver who was assigned to deliver the car was outstanding. He was good and very pleasant. One complaint that I have is that Sherpa offers a discount in the form of a rebate and I don't like that way of doing business. It's a discount or it's not, and to have to apply for a rebate is unacceptable. So, I would like them to send me my $200 rebate and leave it at that. It's fundamentally unethical to ask people to apply for a rebate instead of giving them directly a reduction in price.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

This was my first experience having a car transported. I am very happy with Sherpa. I needed a car transported from Vero Beach Florida to Syracuse New York. Sherpa made the process easy. They quoted me a fair price. They were up front about the cost and did not take any money until they secured a carrier. They got the information from me and found a carrier quickly. I was assured by the Sherpa employee that that they are careful about using good carriers. The carrier that Sherpa arranged, R1 Express LLC, was a very well run/reliable carrier, that I had a fantastic experience with. They picked up my car on time, and dropped it off in Syracuse New York about 48 hours later, in the same condition! I paid exactly what Sherpa originally quoted and there were no surprises. Highly recommended.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for the great review, Brian! We are passionate about providing a better auto moving experience, and this begins with transparent pricing.

We know that shipping a vehicle for the first time can be scary too. That's why Sherpa is committed to making the process as easy as possible by staying in touch with you throughout the process and only working with highly vetted carriers. It sounds like you had an exceptional experience with your carrier - something we will certainly make note of in their file so other customers can receive equally great service. Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

The delivery driver seemed friendly enough and did his job. I tried to make arrangements to be able to talk to him to tell him we were two hours away from where it was being delivered but there wasn’t a lot of communication so he ended up having to wait two hours for me to get there. He wasn't upset but I was the first delivery of the day and that screwed up his day. The vehicle was dirty because it went 2,400 miles so I didn't expect it to be any different. So, it's all good.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review! Sherpa stands apart from the rest because of our commitment to open communication, honest pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a commitment to only working with carriers that meet our high standards. Unfortunately, during transit the car can get dirty which is why we offer our clean-car guarantee. We encourage you to take advantage of this offer. Please send an email to fulfillment@sherpaautotransport.com for details on how to redeem! Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I just had my very first car shipment experience, which was a bit complicated: I was leaving my car in Virginia beach after a road trip and flying to Minneapolis for a wedding. I just didn't have time to make that drive between work and the wedding, but I live in Chicago. So I needed my car moved from Virginia beach to Chicago without me being in either location physically. I researched the options for shipment companies and read about all the nightmare scenarios that could happen. However, Sherpa was highly rated, reasonably priced, and easy to work with. I also felt secure in their guarantee that the amount wouldn't change and they would front their own money to the drivers to make sure.

They explained the timeline of how much I owed at each stage, such as locking in the rate and getting the driver. When the driver arrived to get the car, I wasn't present, but I felt secure because he took sooo many photos and videos of the car, along with a very thorough review. He got the car to Chicago ahead of schedule and dropped it off with my roommate. He even came back after he left to help her take the emergency brake off. I can't recommend Sherpa and this driver enough! Please choose them, especially if you have a complicated situation or want to feel taken care of!

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Michele, we love hearing that we lived up to our expectations of excellence and provided you with a great auto transport experience. We know that relocating can be stressful and we strive to make shipping your vehicle the easiest part of your move. To do this we provide frequent updates throughout the shipping process, offer transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and thoroughly vet carriers to ensure we're working with the best. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to helping you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Sherpa was easy to use; fantastic communicators. Did everything they said they would. Connected us to a driving company that were the very same. Communicated every step of the way and HS the car to TN a week earlier than the final date range!

Sherpa Auto Transport response

It was our pleasure to guide you through the process, Renae! Sherpa was founded to make the auto transport process easy. Nothing makes us happier than reading that you found your car shipping experience to be "easy"! By providing top-notch customer service, transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and a thorough vetting process, we ensure that our customers have a smooth and stress-free experience.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I was highly suspect in hiring a car transport co. Everything I read was a horror story. In doing my research, Sherpa's name kept appearing as a trusted company. I finally bit the bullet and hired them. They performed better than I hoped, quickly and flawlessly. The whole thing took four days and went exactly as the Sherpa agent described. VERY happy. Thank you.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

It means a lot that you chose us to work with us after thoroughly researching the many options available in the marketplace. Our goal is for every customer to feel well-informed and knowledgeable about the auto transport process and confident in their decision to ship with Sherpa. We love hearing that you felt this way while we worked together to move your Mercedes.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Sherpa was very forthright. They guaranteed no hidden costs. The price was a little bit higher than some other places but seeing the way they handled my vehicle and how congenial the driver was and how they ended up being a day early, it was well worth it. They were very user-friendly. In the long run, I'd definitely pick them again because the guarantees they made, they exceeded. They did a great job.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Here at Sherpa Auto Transport, we strive to provide every customer with the experience you describe in your review. We're committed to offering the best car shipping experience possible and make this happen by being honest and communicative with our customers, offering transparent pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, and working with only thoroughly vetted carriers that meet our high standards. Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Fantastic experience, start to finish. The intake on the phone was professional and thorough. Communication re pickup was also professional and timely. Julian, the driver, was a great communicator on both ends and was a really nice guy, to boot. He answered all my questions - even the ones about what it was like to drive a giant car trailer! I think they were a little more expensive than the others but it was totally worth it.

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Carol! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing, frequent and courteous communication and a trusted network of carriers. We get our pricing using real-time market data for the most accurate pricing, backed by our Price Lock Promise, to make sure we secure a driver to pick-up your vehicle. Our pricing may seem higher than some other quotes you receive because we price you accurately the first time to provide the worry-free experience you described! We love hearing about your positive experience and hope to ship for you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

United Auto Carrier LLC was amazing. They took care of our baby (Nissan). Even picked up and dropped off way earlier than expected. So much so that we are still waiting for the moving truck to come with our stuff. It's been a long wait but having the car here makes everything EASIER. Also the price NEVER CHANGES! So like how the moving company got an extra thousand out of us Sherpa Does NOT do that. They stick to their word, I almost wish United Auto Carrier LLC moved boxes and furniture too because they work in a timely manner!

Sherpa Auto Transport response

Thanks for the great review! Sherpa Auto Transport was founded to make the auto transport process easy. It's the greatest compliment to hear that you found our service to be accessible and reliable! We pride ourselves on working hard for our customers by providing them with fair pricing backed by our Price Lock Promise, frequent communication, and a trusted network of carriers. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

From start to finish, the transport of my car from NJ to NV was perfect. Great communication from the driver…he was perfect! Delivery exactly on time. This company is a real class act and I was so lucky to find them. Thank you! Not sure of driver's name.. I think it was Zsa? But he was great and really trustworthy.

Sherpa Auto Transport Company Information