Sears Tire & Auto Centers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Sears Auto and Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Auto and Tire?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I took my 2006 Mercedes Benz Clk350 to Sears auto center in Stockton for an oil change, induction fuel system cleaning service, wheel alignment, Underhood/ car check and a snap shot to check the car out for any other services that may be needed. Upon completion of those services, I was told and given a paper (snapshot) saying I needed a new timing belt, and Air filter change. A few days later following my service at Sears I finally drove my car, (I have two cars and with the Mercedes I don't drive much because of the mileage balance) however my car started smoking on the freeway, and this really unpleasant smell reeked throughout my car, it my car beginned jerking and that's never happened ever before, so I pulled off the road to check it out.

The next day I called to file a complaint with Sears customer service, I then went back up to sears as soon as soon they'd opened up, and told them my concerns with my vehicle following their services, one of the associates talking over me (he was there when I'd got my initial service) and I felt that was a sign of guilt, he mentioned about my miles and which had nothing to do with my car smoking or jerking now like they'd broken a pipe on my vehicle, he'd gotten very defensive and an attitude out of this world, he then told me I have an oil leak which mind you, had that been true prior to my getting their services or even after with the snapshot would have seen or shown that, then he says "If I known it'll be like that I wouldn't have taken your car in for an oil change."

I just said, "Well my car was not doing any of this until you guys performed those services on my car." I spent over $400 dollars on services and now they are telling me I have a leak after they were the last ones to be under my hood? This is completely absurd. I am calling customer service again to file a complaint another complain and calling corporate, and also posting with BBB on this matter. This is not fair to me. And this is beyond stressful when automotive centers are deceitful like this. Instead of admitting that they made a mistake and trying to fix it, they trying to cover it up, they leave me to fend and be overwhelmed with all this mess that they made. I can no longer trust them with my vehicle I will never go back to sears again!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I brought two tires from Sears brand new for my suv in May. I got the extra warranty and tire rotation too abt 400.00. My car started to drive funny in November and I looked at my tires and they are completely worn the same way as when I brought them to them to get services done. I called them and now they are saying that my warranty that I paid for is voided because I didn’t come back and get my tire rotated. What kind of bull is that!! So I’m out of 400.00 worth of tires that were under warranty and I can’t get no one to talk to me. I was on the phone for an hour being transferred to 10 different people. No one wants to hear me and they said they have no corporate office that I can call????

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Tried to charge $50.00 to top off power steering fluid. Claimed it can't be done. Can only be flushed and refilled.... REALLY???? I guess I'm mistaken because with only 40 years wrenching on cars, what could I possibly know!

Original review: May 23, 2019

Where to begin? I scheduled an appointment for an oil change at Sears Auto because of a coupon. Worst decision ever. My appointment was scheduled at 3pm. When I arrived, I waited 15 minutes before being taken care of. Being the only customer, I was a little confused. I was told my car would be done in about an hour. I waited nearly two and a half hours for my car to be finished. During that time, no employee even attempted to update me on what was taking so long.

When my car was finally finished, I voiced my concerns to the guy taking care of me. He didn't have much to say, tried to charge me full price, then argued with me that I didn't actually have a coupon. "This time I'll go ahead and give it to you." This was his response. As if he was doing me some great favor for giving me the coupon that I already had.

I was not satisfied. So I called Sears. After being on hold for over 45 minutes, I decided to try another way of contacting them. I was unable to find any email or alternate phone, so I attempted their chat. It took ten minutes to connect. By this point I was furious. This was my very first experience with Sears. The employee I chatted with told me "I voiced your concerns to our dedicated team!" Kind of odd considering they did not even ask which auto center I went to. Then told me how they'd credit my rewards account. I don't have one. It's my first time with Sears. I was told I needed to set up a rewards account in order to receive my "compensation" and assured that "they'd be better next time." I can promise you this, there will never be a next time. I have never been treated so poorly by a business. Do not waste your time with Sears.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I got a flat and called Sears to redeem my expensive warranty. They told me I had to tow the car to a Sears nearly 50 miles, else the warranty was voided. Clearly, unless you plan on getting a flat tire next to a Sears the warranty is totally useless. It should not be legal to sell warranties like this, and I am sure they rare fulfill any as a result of nobody being able to afford the towing costs.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased 4 new Michelin tires from Sears automotive in Wilmington De for over $1,017.00 and couple of days later the tire pressure light came on. I went back and they didn’t check for any nails etc in my tires. They told me they reset the sensor. Couple of days later same issue. I had it reset again. The third time it happened about three weeks later. I went back. They told me there’s a screw and it cannot be repaired and they do not guaranteed their tires anymore. And I had to cough up about $200.00 after I had a discount coupon to purchase a tire. I had no idea they do not guarantee tires anymore which is unheard of if you’re in the tire business. I will never ever spend a dime in this business.

If they check the tires for nails etc when I first went back they would have found the screw but they assume it was the sensor. I am so furious that I was not informed that they do not guarantee their tires anymore and how they didn’t check for any object in my tires. I shouldn’t have to pay for another tire over a month later after I spent over a $1,000.00. This is unacceptable and it’s a ripped off to deceive the consumers and do not disclose to us that they do not guarantee their tires anymore six months ago. The Manager told me. They need to shut that place down and no wonder Sears is having financial problems and filed for bankruptcy. I need Sears to round all my money back to me and take their tires back and I’ll go to Costco and buy my tires where it’s warranty.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I am shocked and appalled by the experience I had at such at an establishment with the Sears name. Not only was there a lack of customer service, but the level of discrimination and misogynism made me compelled to write this complaint so that the public be informed of such hideous business practices. This occurred on Saturday, April 27th when I took my BMW to the Sears Auto Services located at 3655 SW 22 Court in Miami Florida.

At arriving to the location, I had informed the clerk to please let the mechanic know that the tire pressure for the front and back tires would need to be adjusted once the tires are rotated since BMW's guidelines as marked on the sticker from the door panel clearly state that the pressure should be 42 psi for the back and and 35 psi for the front. The clerk made the notes and assured me this would be taken care of. I went about my day and picked up the car a couple of hours later once the service was done.

Within a couple of minutes of driving my car, the computer alerted me that the tire pressure was indeed incorrect. I pulled over to notice that the tire pressures were incorrect ON ALL 4 TIRES. I immediately went back to the Sears Auto Services and brought this up with the same clerk who brought it to attention to one of the workers.

It was at this point that an employee by the name of ** approached me and tried to tell me that everything was correct. I explained to him various times that the dealer sticker has a different PSI that he was telling me was correct. It must be noted that he was trying to tell me that the tires should be 32 PSI even though none of the tires were even at the level the "he said" was correct. He would go ahead and refuse to put air into the tire at my request.

The worst moment of this experience was when ** not only ignored what I was saying but went to my partner and was trying to talk to HIM instead. I told him that he needs to speak to me since I AM THE OWNER of the vehicle but it was obvious that he would prefer to speak to another man and ignore me despite the fact that I am the actual client. It was at this point that I asked for the manager and ** then stated the, "I'm the manager and I'm not putting air on the tires".

So Sears gets a total F for the following reasons: not following manufacturer guidelines clearly depicted on the automobile, refusing customer service, showing a complete lack of respect for the client and allowing a misogynist atmosphere in the workplace. This will be the last time I ever go to any Sears affiliated store or center. Women or anybody that wants their car taken properly care off should be alarmed.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Worst service ever. Scheduled an oil change appointment & walked out 7 hrs later. I didn't get a call until nearly 3 hrs and I agreed to the suggestions of getting a new air filter & brake pads. In a 4hr time frame they never followed up. I had to call multiple times & showed up just before 5pm Sunday closing time. My car was still lifted & went untouched for 30 minutes until the mechanics finally rushed to piece it back together. That night I was left stranded right off the Olive Exit on the 99 a very dangerous area for a young female to be alone at 11pm.

I paid for a new battery that wasn't even the issue, a quart of oil because it hardly had any, a tow truck to my house & a tow truck to Sears the next morning. I missed a full day of work and school to resolve this just to be told it's my fault. They claim it was just a coincidence that may relate to the code the car read on Sunday Which they also failed to communicate with me. Now I have an engine light & leaking oil. Do not trust Sears. They will not take responsibility for their mistakes and do not care about their loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I took my Camry for oil and filter change to Sears Auto Center in Downey, California on Jan. 15, 2019 and was told 2 1/2 hour wait so I decided to go their department store and went back 1 1/2 later and they said it's done and I paid $66.96 total for full synthetic oil and filter. I had marked the oil filter and the oil cap before taking it to Sears for oil change but forgot to check it right away till 12 days later and the markings were still there.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My son had a slow leak on one of his tires - after a couple of weeks of him putting air in the tires to get the warning light to go out. He asked what he should do. Both him and I walked around the Jeep looking for the obvious - nail etc.. Nothing was found, I advised him to take it in to a service center and have them check the tires- a slow leak they could patch it. He chose Sears Auto Center at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall because he could do it while he was working. He dropped the car off- they called him back and explained that they had found a nail in the tire. He walked over to discuss this and they asked him to keep the Jeep there overnight and that they would order a new tire because it was on the side wall.

My son called me and asked if he should do that. I asked them to put on his spare (Regular Size Spare) and we would get a quote as they told him his tire would be $100- $200. I looked at the nail that was left in it. It was one that was sticking out 2" and about 4" down from the valve. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that they would do that as that nail was as obvious as can be! I called Sears to speak with the manager and got an assistant manager. He disagreed with me then suggested that I come in to look at the cameras. When I told him I would be right over he then backtracked and said that LP guy was not in (Loss Prevention) - SO I suggested the next day and he said no. That it would have to be next week!

After a few choice words we hung up. He then called me back to tell me that the reason we didn't see it was because it was a right rear tire and that it originally was thought to be the front drivers tire- which nothing was said of that nor mentioned on the work order or discussed with my son! Probably one of the many reasons they are going bankrupt - Dishonest & Shady!

Sears author review by Lauren Fix

Sears department store has roots going back to the 19th century, but the company didn’t open its first auto center until 1931. The company now operates more than 650 Sears Auto Centers in the United States and Puerto Rico. Their ASE Certified technicians provide a full range of preventative automotive maintenance services and many repair services. They also sell and mount tires.

• Special discounts: In addition to seasonal sales and online coupons, Sears Auto Centers offer special discounts to active, reserve and retired members of the U.S. military. They also offer discounts to AARP members and employees of certain companies. Interested consumers can see if their company is a Sears partner on the Sears Auto Center website.

• Accessories: Those looking for accessories for their vehicle can purchase them at Sears department stores. They sell car emergency kits, floor mats, jumper cables, car detailing products, manuals and more.

• Battery service: Sears Auto Centers promise to install batteries in 15 minutes or less. If they don’t, the installation is free. They will also check a customer’s existing battery for free.

• Performance Snapshot: Consumers who are having problems with their vehicle can visit a Sears Auto Center for a free Performance Snapshot, which includes a computerized diagnostic check, an extensive visual inspection and a report with recommended maintenance and repairs.

• Online scheduling: Customers who need to schedule a service can set up an appointment on the Sears Auto Center website. Same day appointments may be available depending on the individual center’s schedule.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Sears Auto and Tire Company Information