Sears Tire & Auto Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Went into Sears in Bangor, ME yesterday with copy of battery warranty for a battery that we had gone into the Augusta, ME store and purchased and installed ourselves as car battery was dead. The new the battery was not installed by them and had our info on computer. My husband explained the battery would not hold a charge. He also told them we were not there for anything other than the battery and wanted nothing other than the battery checked or changed. They took the car in and a few min later he said there was a $20. fee. My husband said, "Is that to CHANGE THE BATTERY?" He said, "No to check it." Again my husband said, "I want NOTHING other than the battery checked / changed."

I came and put the charge on my credit card. As soon as I signed for charge the man handed my husband a slip that said the battery charge was very low but it was alright, said the alternator tested at 11 and it should be at 14. HELLO, what part of test battery only did they not understand? We had walked in and bought the battery and took it home and installed it when we bought it, the car was not there. Yesterday they said, "battery ok." Husband put the battery on charger and it started ANOTHER car 3 or 4 times then would not turn over at all. The battery is no good. This was an expensive Die Hard gold. 3 employees were standing around when this conversation was going on.

Afterwards when I asked about being charged for the printout of car after being told we were only there for the battery and then producing the printout that was done BEFORE payment they said that was the service. Then they could not find the paper I had given them with the battery info / purchase date / price. It had vanished into thin air. They said they couldn't find it on the computer?? Well the first person did. We have bought home appliances, tires, and ALWAYS batteries from Sears. I will probably complain to my bank about the charge but I will definitely NEVER do business with Sears again. Think this may be a scam??

11/19/2016 took my car to Sears auto center to have two front struts put on and alignment work done which took 3 hours to get done. A few months later my car was making a noise coming from the driver side. Took my car to a local garage I was told that the struts that Sears put on were bad. Took car back to Sears on 2/14/2017. Sears put car on lift and said it's not the struts that I needed a rack and pinion. Took car back to local garage for second opinion. Guy said that I don't need a rack and pinion and that both struts were bad. Back to sears I go. When I return to the auto center 2/19/2017 the manager was so rude and yelling at me, I left the auto center in tears. Went to another garage to get more opinions. 3 different garage said the struts were bad.

4/14/2017 back to Sears I go. This time I took a guy with me that knows about cars. when at sears I ask the guy to put car back on lift and show my friend where he sees that I needed a rack and pinion. The same store manager that I've been dealing with since I got struts put on is now saying that he never told me I needed a rack and pinion. When I had the paper with me saying I did, again the store manager was rude using foul language. When I ask for a complete refund, the manager told me when I return the struts 4/21/2017. I got 2 struts kit put on by friend which took him less than a hour to put on back to Sears to return the struts and manager kept telling me that the struts that Sears put on were not the same. Finally, after a hour, I got credit back all the money after 5 months of putting up with this bull crap. I will never ever return to Sears auto center in Exton PA.

On 9 December 2016 I purchased an auto battery. I installed the battery today 7 April 2017. The battery will not hold a charge. I brought the battery back to the store location: Sears Automotive Metro Parkway, Phoenix, Arizona. I asked for a pro-rated refund, or in the alternative an in-store credit. The manager was most disagreeable. Telling me that is my tough luck. No business is rich enough to treat customers so shabbily. As it stands, I have given Sears 133.00 of my hard earned money with no compensation for Sears defective battery which will not hold a charge. The solution according to accepted norms of good business practice would be to offer me a pro-rated refund, exchange, or in-store credit. I can well understand now why Sears an American retail institution is tottering on the edge of bankruptcy. Shame on Sears, for abandoning their long standing policy of customer satisfaction and goodwill.

On January 20, 2017 I purchased 4 tires that had a rebate. Here it is two months later and I am still waiting for my rebate. I purchased at Sears because of the nationwide network of stores if I should have any problem with the tires. Next time, I will probably go to Costco where you pay and receive your rebate immediately.

I was given a quote by the manager on brakes but when I got there he said they wouldn't give a quote over the phone and refused to honor the given quote. I wasted my morning and ended up going somewhere else. Avoid this place at all costs. All Sears auto. This one is Exxon Pa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I purchased a set of Tires from Sears, I also paid for free lifetime rotation. I recently went to do a tire rotation and was told they could not do it because of tire wear and safety. Well that certainly was not explained to me when they took my money for the service. It was also less safe to not do the rotation and leave it like it is. I would highly recommend not buying tires from Sears because of their misleading rules.

I have used this location since being told inaccurate things with my vehicle. First, I had my car fixed at a Nissan dealership and was told my cost would be cheaper if I purchased parts and had another shop put them on. I did just that with Sears. Since then, my vehicle has been back to them more than I've driven it. I told them what the problem was and showed them. Upon completion of the work, it ran fine each time for two days then all hell breaks loose. The same spot, area, and work supposedly done. Bring it back, it's another problem and each time they keep my car overnight. Due to disabilities, I can just run back to the shop but I take notes and pictures.

Last Friday, I took it back in for an oil leak that continued the day I got it back last time. Same loss of power, my antifreeze disappeared, my steering was still off, it kept turning off on me at lights where I almost got rear ended 3 times. My mileage speaks for itself. Now after this roundabout, my vehicle squeaks, chirps, idle runs at 1 or 2 when I had my idle relearned. Things are cracked and missing under my hood. Not to mention now my engine lifts again and slips. They said it was my power steering but I had no issue with it until they did work on it in Aug. 2016 and Dec. 2016. I did have oil stains in my garage and driveway. I was shown the fluid and it was constant with oil. However was told it was my power steering. Good thing that has a lifetime warranty but that was not the issue. (All work done by Nissan which I have no complaints about.) Each time the vehicle went in, something different and still paying over thousands of dollars for ** work.

I used this location since '98 until 2007 when I moved out of State. Came back after being jerked once. I figured go back to my roots and what I knew to be a class A Auto shop. I regret it. I never had so many problems with the same side of the vehicle when they supposedly did a full vehicle inspection and work. The vehicle is under warranty right now but afraid to take it back due ignorance and greed. I have given them 3 vehicles to work on and had two others for them. At this point, my family's safety comes first and I will not recommend them at all. When I picked up my car last, the Manager and could be asst. Manager gave me the look of, we messed up and we still didn't do the job. They put their heads down in shame and could not look at me. Pitiful.

I am a former loyal Sears customer- I had 4 new tires, alignment and oil change on December 21 at the Sears in the Berkshire Mall in Lanesboro, MA. I had received a "Buy 3 get 1 free" tire email on December 12, and there were coupons at the service desk and customer waiting area for the same deal. Got my tires, etc and paid nearly $1000- and was told that the "Buy 3" offer had expired, and that they would neither honor the coupons nor the email deal. I was furious! I asked why the coupons were out all over the place if they were expired, and if they were not planning on honoring them. The man at the desk simply replied, "I don't know." I have done EVERY oil change, tire service, etc with this store since I bought my car in 2011. I will NEVER go back there. EVER.

11//14/16 I purchased tires online (with help from your "ask an expert" button since make: Van G3500 not on online form). I had your online site up on the computer at the same time I was getting help from your online expert. The expert told me what tires I needed. I plugged it into the online form (since I did already have it up while we were discussing my needs), and then paid for my order $545.56. When my tires came in and were installed on 11/19/16 they credited my card $11.34 for what I did not know?. I did not even see this credit until after my tires were installed. No auto service agent ever mentioned what this credit was for? Later, I called about it and was told it was a refund for all the valve stems that were never replaced? Not my choice.

A few days later I noticed my driver's side tire was low. I pulled into a gas station to check it. I noticed the tire was leaking from the valve stem. I also noticed that the valve stem had not been replaced (on any of the 4 tires), as was included in my tire purchase (for an additional fee that I paid). I then decided to check the air in the other 3 tires. The other 3 tires were filled to 55lbs. The tires were labeled max fill 44lbs! So, they were all over-inflated by 10 lbs. That is when I realized they had put the wrong tires on my van (as my old tires held 80 lbs of air).

Clearly, they knew something was wrong which is why they put more air in tires than was recommended!!! However, nothing was ever brought to my attention. Not to mention that when I arrived to get the tires put on, I waited well over an hour with no explanation as to why I was still sitting there waiting. I went and asked what the problem was and when my van would be done. They stated my tires were not there or could not be found! I freaked out and told them I received an email that the tires were delivered. Finally, after another 30 minutes they found the tires. This is why I believe the valve stems were not replaced. They were then rushing to get me out of the store since I was angry that my time was wasted. Apparently, I have since found out that was why they put a $11.34 credit back on my account (they did not replace the valve stems and did not even ask me if I minded).

On 11/23/16 I called the auto center to discuss the over-inflated tire issue and they would not give me an answer as to the maximum fill amount of these tires. It was like they knew they did something wrong but would not admit it. I then called the online 800 number back to discuss what had happened, and that the wrong tires were suggested and now on my vehicle and leaking! They apologized and said these were not the correct tires (passenger tires not truck tires), and that they would place a new order for the correct tires, and have them sent to the store. They were surprised the auto center did not catch the mistake and inform me. They informed me that when they came in I could go back to the auto center and have them switched out at no extra charge.

I called the auto center 4-5 days later to ask if my tires were at the store. They told me they did not have any tires for me at their location. 10 days after that, 12/2/16 and the tires were still not at the store! I called the auto center back again, to see if my tires were at their store. Once again, they said 'no'. I then called the 800 line back again, and told them it had been over two weeks and my tires were still not at the store. Not to mention, I was driving around on the wrong/leaking tires! The women who I spoke with this time was Mia. She said she did not know what had happened with the reorder. So, Mia re-ordered the tires for a second time. Finally, I received notice that the tires were at the store on 12/10/16.

I went into the auto center on 12/10/16 to have my tires switched to the right tires. The female assistant manager was rude and stated that I had to pay a $72.00 restock fee for the old tires. She insinuated that I could be lying and that she had no way of proving that I had assistance/help from the tire expert. She stated there was no way to prove that I was not lying. She stated that I had placed the order myself and would have to pay the restock fee. She was getting more disrespectful and rude. I was then livid!

I figured I should leave because now I was furious. I had spent $550.00, had the wrong tires, was being disrespected, and now they want more money? Let's not even talk about how unsafe it was to drive my van on the wrong tires for about 3 weeks!!! I asked when her manager would be in the store and left as I was extremely angered at this point! I had been calm, respectful, and patient for 3 weeks. Now, I was being treated like a scapegoat for incompetent Sears employees. Needless to say, I lost my cool. Who wouldn't with such disrespectful service?

I called the online support back on 12/13/16 and told them about this manager being rude and her trying to charge me a restock fee when it was the online service who reordered the correct tires for me. Mia stated they should not charge me and that she had left notes in the system about what had transpired with my initial order. So, I then found out that there was proof after all? What in the heck was going on. Why was I being forced to go back and forth between a store and online support help? Idiotic in my opinion. I had already wasted way too much of my time on this.

I went in to talk with the actual manager on 12/15/16 Bradley, from Oakbrook, IL. He was even more disrespectful and rude than the first assistant manager. So apparently, she told Bradley a line a bull and he fell for it. Not only was our new tires more in price (understandable), but he also was saying the same crap about an additional $72 restock fee! I flipped and said you are not getting a dime more from me. I want a full refund. He then took it further and stated he was also going to charge us another $80 restock fee for the second set of tires. This was after I told them I wanted all my money back and did not want to purchase anything from this rude store/company! Then we got an additional $48 charge (which no one still, can even mathematically explain).

He then mentioned that I had 1 day to get the tires (that were on my van), back to his store or he would not give me any refund (30 day policy). So now, I was also being punished for it taking 3 weeks to get the correct tires into his store. He also mentioned he could charge me another $80. Because he had found the first set of tires that were reordered. Apparently now, they had three sets of tires at his store, for me. I did go get new tires at another store, and returned their tires the next day 12/16/16. Bradley ran my credit card and put a $313.48 refund out of $534.22 charge. I was furious!!! He stated he could tear that refund up if he wanted to as I was walking out the door. I just ignored him. I knew I needed to leave that situation before things got any uglier.

Well, as of 1/16/17 still no return appears on my credit card statement? I called the 800 customer complaint line. They said they could see that the refund was cancelled 5 minutes after it was processed (with no notes as to why). Looks like Bradley, did what he said. Your manager is a thief! You have your tires and our money. Disgusting!

I have been calling customer service for 2 months. Filed a complaint. Went past a level 2 complaint. Your response: "Go back to Bradley and work it out". My wife agreed to go in as I cannot (and be expected to keep a level head at this point). She went in on 1/18/17 after speaking with him on the phone 1/16/17. She said he was fine on the phone, and believed a fair resolution would be the outcome. She went in and he said he was too busy to deal with her. He gave the paperwork to his employee and told the employee to give her a $339.00 refund. My wife questioned the refund and once again, mathematically, no one could explain how they came up with that number. He just kept saying "You're getting more money back". That is what corporate said I need to refund you?

He kept telling her he was busy and did not have time for this. She told him that $48.00 fee was bogus, and how can I be charged a restock fee for tires that were over-inflated, ran on the wrong vehicle for over 3 weeks, and leaking. Restocking would mean you would resell them to another unsuspecting customer and cheat them too? We want all our money back so my wife refused to take that less than fair refund. She finally, agreed with me about the ethics of this employee & company. Bradley was telling my wife I admitted I ordered the wrong tires. That myself, him and the 800 service were on the phone together, when they reordered the new tires and that I agreed to pay additional restock fees. We had not even met Bradley when tires were ordered/reordered both times.

My wife then experienced what I did. She was now angry and thought Bradley was very unprofessional, and outright telling her lies. My wife called the customer complaint service number yet again, after her meeting with Bradley. She informed them once again, this meeting did not go well and the situation is still unresolved. They told her that Bradley put in his system notes (after meeting with my wife today), that he offered her a full refund and she refused! Come on Sears. You have a psychopath running that auto center! Bradley also informed my wife/customer service he did not know how/why our refund (our unfair refund), was reversed...ya right!

This is the craziest business transaction I have ever been forced to participate in. $550 is a lot of money for hardworking people. Treat them with some gratitude for choosing your company to do business with. That is what we wanted...a full refund. If he offered it why would we have not taken it? That does not even make any sense. Corporate needs to handle this situation ASAP! Be assured BBB, Channel 20, Social Media, and Corporate will be notified. If they do not fix this our attorney will! It is now about principle.

This place is shady, crooked, and a big maze of deceit for forcing customers to navigate through this nonsense to no avail. Worst experience ever! Stay away from this company who steals from customers, lies about customers, and lets managers get away with theft. They clearly do not care about getting or keeping business!!!! If you care have a decent system for customers who have issues like this and resolve them with some management skills!

I am just a customer who came to Sears to spend money on something I needed. I do not expect something for nothing. How did I benefit in any way. This has been traumatizing to my mental and physical health! I do expect to be treated with respect and not ripped off by the place I am spending my money! You should not offer expert advice if they are not trained and you do not hold them accountable for what they suggest to customer (and blame the customer for their mistakes). You should not have people installing tires that are not trained and put on the wrong tires, over-inflate tires, and when they are behind leave out important steps in the installation process (at the customers expense).

I too am now sorry that I choose Sears! Apparently, they will not even admit when they are so in the wrong. Making customers pay for their mistakes and try to cheat their customers for their mistakes. The customer has no recourse because any place you go to for help, circles back to the very people who treated you poorly in the first place. So, you just cannot get any help (even when you file a complaint). Not to mention making it impossible to get a refund. What a racket! BEWARE. I went into the auto center to have the tires switched out.

Last time I went to Sears Auto Center here in Wichita, Kansas I went in for an oil change. Then they said, "Oh yea you will also need to have your tires aligned." I just got my tires aligned in my class in autos at my school with my teacher Mr. **. He's a very nice man. I can tell you that. But after I left I kept hearing this rattling noise coming from my car. I blew it off as if it was nothing thinking it was probably something in my trunk and just yesterday on 1/16/2017, guess what I found in the engine compartment! I found a pair of pliers, A PAIR OF FRICKING PLIERS marked by Sears Auto Center, their own pliers! IT'S SO CARELESS. I don't even know how they have customers!

I had a 2 pm app. on 1/6/17. I arrived @ 1:50 pm. I was not assisted until 2:29 pm. When I spoke to an employee the day before, I was told appointments are treated as top priority. It did not seem so in this case. It seems that they were overbooked and understaffed. After explaining to the employee what I need (100,000 mile service) she recommended the platinum package. I explained that most of the things on the package had previously been done so I would not need those services. She then explained to me that the services are broken down and I would not be charged for everything on the list. I then agreed to go ahead and have the platinum service done. She also explained to me that I may need spark plugs as well. She said the mechanics will determine that when they did the free evaluation.

The young lady that was helping me said that the work would be done at 4 PM. However, when the ticket was finally printed out, it showed the work would be completed at 6 PM. I waited and waited for the work to be done and nothing was happening. At about 5:15 PM. I then asked one of the workers for a status of when the work would be done. He went back where the technicians were working on the vehicles, then, came back and said they were still working on it and it should be done pretty soon. I then said, "Could you please give me an estimated time? I need to pick my child up". He could not.

He then told me to go back where they were doing the work and ask the mechanic myself. I hesitated because on the glass door it clearly states "No unauthorized personnel beyond this point, you must wear safety goggles before entering." So I said to him "but it says do not enter" and he said it was fine. I still was reluctant on entering so I stood by the glass door and the mechanic approached me he said, "The work was done. All that's left is the alignment to be done." Now I do not know if there's just one machine that does the alignment but, as far as what he said everything was done except the alignment. I said, "fine" and I continue to wait but, while all this was happening I once again explained that I needed to pick my child up and they said the work was almost finished, just the alignment was needed.

At about 5:43 PM I could not wait any longer because I had to pick my child up. I explain to the worker to please pull my vehicle and I will pay for whatever service has been rendered and that I no longer wanted the alignment done. He said that was fine. They would pull the car and I will be on my way. I waited and waited it was now 6:07 PM and my car was still not brought out to me, the hood was still up and I was asking what was taking so long and they said, "Your car is hooked up to a machine and we can't take it off until the machine said it is OK to take it off." Then I said "but the mechanic said everything was done on my car, all that was left was the alignment." They still insisted that they needed to wait for the machine to tell them that it was OK to unplug it. I said "Fine, I will wait."

I waited for them to complete the service, but while I waited I noticed through the glass door/waiting room that they kept on going back-and-forth from the inside of the car to the engine. It took almost another hour before they were done doing what they were doing. The mechanic came and got me. We went to the register where he asked another employee to ring me up. However, that employee stated he was busy helping another customer so I would have to wait until he was done.

After the transaction was completed and as I was leaving, the gentleman said to me, "Oh by the way your battery is on yellow. It's very low! You may need to get a new one soon". I then said to him, "what do you mean it's low? The battery is brand-new. I've only had this battery for two weeks so there's no way that anything should be wrong with it." He then said, "Oh I understand what you saying but the machine says it's very low. It's on yellow and you might need to replace it soon" and I once again said, "There's no way that I would need to replace my battery because it is only two weeks old." He said, "Well you didn't get that service done here so I'm just telling you what the machine said". I left in disgust!

While I was driving the car, it began to jerk back and forth erratically. Every time I would hit the gas it would jerk back-and-forth erratically. I called the store and explain what was happening. They told me to come back and they would take a look at my car. When I got there they asked me to pull into the garage so they could take a look at it. They began evaluating my car and I saw a few of them over my car in some sort of conference. I saw one of the mechanics pull off with my car. I'm guessing that they went to test drive it because no one was communicating anything to me.

Upon returning with my car, the mechanic stated he did not see anything or feel anything wrong with the car. So, he asked If I would go along on another test drive and I agreed. On the road, the the car jerked a little bit at first, but, I didn't say anything for the first one. When he kept driving it jerked a little harder and so I said to him, "Did you feel that?" He said, "Yeah a little bit". We kept driving and the car jerked even harder. I then said, "Did you feel that one?" He then said, "Yeah I felt it a little bit". We kept driving, it jerked even harder! So I said, "There goes another one" and he said, "Yes, I feel that". He then headed back to Sears and said he was going to see what was happening to my car.

I went back into the waiting room where I could see a few of the workers standing around my car. I saw one of them leave and came back shortly with tools. I then noticed my car jerking back and forth. It seemed they were attempting to fix their mistakes. I then asked one of the workers could somebody please tell me what's happening with my car? He then said for me to go through those glass doors and ask someone in there. I went through the door. The gentleman that was standing there was on the phone so I had to wait until he finished his conversation. I then asked him if someone could please let me know what is going on with my car because no one is communicating with me in any way. He then said to me, "Oh we're just doing a diagnostic to make sure that's not the way the car came in." And then he just walked away from me without giving me a chance to reply.

I then said to myself but out loud, "Did he just walk away from me? Did he just walk away from me?!" I stood, waited and watched as they perform that diagnostic. The same gentleman that walked away kept looking back over my way in between the cars and I was looking right at him and they kept looking back-and-forth and then I saw the mechanics working on the car. I thought to myself "I have never seen that type of diagnostic before with tools."

After a while they finished doing whatever they were doing, pulled my car around and handed me my keys and began to walk away. I had to stop him. So I said, "Excuse me, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute. Please tell me what was wrong with my car? Why did I have to come back here a second time?" He then said to me, "Oh it was just the spark plugs that was loose. It was not mended together correctly, so we had to mend it back and tighten it. So that's what was wrong." I then said, "What! What do you mean? I paid for this service. This is what I paid for. This was a part of my package. What do you mean it was not done correctly? I paid for this!" And he just walk away from me without saying anything.

I shook my head and I walked out. As I was getting in my car and getting ready to pull off, I said to myself oh no, no, no, no, no I cannot let this go like this so I went back inside and I said to everyone that was in there, "What kind of customer service is? This how can you treat your customers? This is ridiculous. This is unacceptable! And no one has even attempted to even apologize to me? No one communicated with me at all. You were just going to leave it like this? Like nothing happened?" And no one said anything to me so I walked out. I turned back around and look through the glass doors. They just went along their way like nothing happened.

I left there at 7:33 PM. I went to pick my child up and went back to the store and then asked the gentleman that had walked away from me previously if I could get a printout of the diagnostic for the second time that I had to come back. He explained to me that there is no way that he could print out a diagnostic for that incident. I asked him, "What do you mean? When I was given the quote for the service it was printed out so why can't you print this out for me?" He then proceeded to tell me, "Oh that is a different side and that's a different department and there's no way to print something like that out." I then asked him, "So how do we go about handling this because I need something telling me what was not done correctly on my car. Why I had to come back here a second time?" He once again said there's no way he could do that.

He then proceeded to say to me that that's what the warranty is for, if there's any issues with the services performed I could always bring it back and they would address the issue. So I said to him, "So you're telling me if I go out there and hurt someone or get hurt myself I can always bring it back right because it's under warranty? Is that what you're Saying to me?" He tried and tried to backpedal a little bit and say, "No, no, no that's not what I'm trying to say", but I said, "That's what you just said!" Then I asked him, "If someone gets injured how would he go about handling that? How can you just wash your hands clean of any responsibility of this negligence?" I asked if he is refusing to give me anything in writing of their negligence. He said, "Well oh I can write it down on your receipt" and I said, "OK that's fine".

Then he wrote down on my receipt spark plug needs adjustment and then signed his name. I left the store in disgust once again. Now to fast forward to the present day, that same gentleman that I dealt with the night before was the SENIOR MANAGER. The SENIOR MANAGER!! This morning I called the store to speak to a manager. I explained everything that happened to me the night prior and he apologized to me which I appreciated because no one took that initiative the night before to do so. He then proceeded to tell me that he was going to forward all this information to his senior manager. He said he was not there the night before but he still apologize for my experience at that store.

He said that the senior manager by the name of Robie will give me a call back once he gets in today. And I asked him, "Are you sure he will give me a call?" He said yes and he still continue to apologize for my experience in the store. Now I explained to him that I'll quite frankly did not expect to pay for this service and he said he would have to meet with his senior manager and discuss everything that I just told him. Now, I'm driving my vehicle for the very first time today and I'm hearing a ticking sound, a constant ticking sound in my car.

I called them back to notify them of what was happening so, they advise me to bring the car back in. Because of the snowy conditions they claim they were unable to determine what was happening with my car. Senior manager Robie asked me to come back at a later time and they would be able to better evaluate it. I explain to them that I need to go to work and I cannot drive this car if I do not feel safe. Robie, the senior manager then told me they checked everything out and everything seems fine but to come back when the weather is better and they will evaluate it further. But before I left I had a conversation with him. I did not realize he was a manager because he did not behave as such, he did not apologize or attempt to rectify the situation in anyway the night before.

In our conversation he explained to me that what I experience the night before was not a safety issue. I said, "What do you mean it was not a safety issue? Do you know what I went through last night? That was very scary for me." He then said, "Well, that's what the warranty is for". He said the very same thing he said to me the night prior. I could not believe it! And he made it clear to me there is no way I'm getting back a refund for the service that was rendered to me. I then said, "You know what, this is not the first time this has happened to me here." I bought tires in May and the same thing happened to me. I didn't remember until all this happened to me last night, then it all came flooding back.

After I bought the tires and I left, as I was driving, the tires were shaking like they were about to fall off. I called the store and they said, 'Oh come on back and will take care of the situation'. After waiting and they came back out and I asked, 'So what was the problem, why was my car shaking like that?' The mechanic then turned to me and said, 'Oh, we forgot to balance the tires, that's why'. I didn't say anything during that incident. I just let it go. But this time, this time around I do not accept this type of incompetence and I said to him, "Do you not see the track record?" He had nothing to say. "This is the second time this has happened and you're telling me there is nothing you can do to rectify the situation? Because I do not accept this and I do not expect to pay for this service".

He then says, "There is no way I can give you a refund for this" and then in the conversation he said it's just like you going to like shoppers or giant and then I just cut him right off and I said, "Where is my car? May I please have my car?" And he said, "Sure you may have it." He pointed, walked towards it and I followed behind him, got in and I left in disgust once again! If this is the type of management that runs this establishment I will never set foot in there again for any type of service! It's unfortunate that this site would only allow me to give you one star as a rating because truly you deserve zero stars!

On 12/19/16 I visited Sears Auto store #6604 Paramus, NJ for a new battery and was told my wait time would be "one hour or less". 3 hours later my car was ready and I was handed a pre-printed "Scare tactic" report indicating that my car had 3 tires that required alignment. I was suspect as to why my alignment was (allegedly) checked when all I needed was a battery. What Sears did not know... that a few days prior to my visit my car received a "computerized wheel alignment" by my regular certified technician. It is apparent, Sears goes "fishing" for add on work even if the cars don't need any. They have lost my trust and any future business.

Tire Replacement - It took four hours and frequent consultations with the front desk arguing about tire stems for my four tires, and then I noticed that my car was sitting out in the lot and that they hadn't come to get me in the waiting room to tell me it was done. The "free" diagnostics showed bad alignment and a weak battery, but I don't trust them because this is NJ, where cheating on car repairs is considered normal business practice. I ended up with a bill $80 over what I already paid online. The new tires are covered in glue and hand prints, and one more of the wheel spinners is missing (dealer service lost the first two).

Took my son-in-law's car in for oil change, over the phone I asked Keith to please have tires checked, after hour and half tires were not checked. The mechanic said he was not told to. So I called and asked again. They still have horrible information, even after I explained we would be traveling 2200 miles. My son's last name is **. So I ended up taking car somewhere else, because I could look at tires and I knew they had little thread left, so anyhow bought $700 dollars for 4 tires so they completely lose our business. God bless.

Walked into Sears Auto center. I needed a tire plugged. Waited in the showroom for a long time and no one showed up. Left. Had some other things to do in that area so figured I would just stop back later. I did and had the same problem. Finally walked back into the shop area and asked if there was someone that could help me. Someone came up front and when I told him what I needed he said he just didn't have time.

I called Sears on Friday to get tires on car. Said they had them and I could come up Sat. Morning. Got there. Got waited on. He said they didn't have 4 tires that matched anywhere in store. If I wanted to check around somewhere else it was OK. I told him I wanted to get my tires there because they were running special. He said they couldn't get them until at least Wednesday. My car needed inspected and my tires were dry rotted. My son went out of store and called Walmart. They had them and they were 20.00 cheaper per tire. I told the salesman that and he said "I would go there. You're not going to hurt my feelings." He was rude. No wonder you don't do much business. I was in retail for 17years and I never would have treated a customer that way and neither would have my employees.

I had an appointment at 5pm today at Sears Auto Center in Independence, MO(off 39th street) an oil change and check tire pressure. As I was at the check out counter, the mechanic walked up (**) with my work order. I asked,"Is my Ford Focus good?" He said, "Yes, but alignment is off". I replied, "I am traveling 4hrs out and back, am I good?" The man checking me out (** - invoiced by) looked at the wheel alignment chart (attached) and said I was good. As I drove away, I heard a "clicking noise" from front right tire, pulling out of the parking lot at Sears Auto Center (off 39th street in Independence, MO) Then I began to speed up on 39th street, heard clicking noise again and then a clunk against the passenger door. I continued to drive home, a 1 1/2 miles. I looked at the front passenger front wheel, air pressure looked good.

At about 10pm, I got in my car to go to the store and the low tire pressure light was on. I drove 3 blocks to the QT air pump. Upon looking at the front passenger side tire it was visibly low. As I was putting air in it, I could hear a pssss. I went into the QT and bought a tire gauge. When I returned it had 38 psi in the front passenger tire. I drove 3 blocks home. Obviously, some piece of metal penetrated my front passenger tire at the Sears Auto Center in Independence, MO (off 39th Street; #6830 Sears,Roebuck and Co. 816.795.3028, Tech # **). I am due to work at 7:30am and pray I can get there or to Sears at 8am, for they need to make this good.

On Saturday 11-01-2016 I purchased a set of 4 tires. On Wednesday 11-09-2016 I notice one of my tires has a ball on the side. I went back to Sears in Rancho Cucamonga and the manager named Carlos was a rude and an ignorant person who said I hit something, and I have to pay $5.00 in fees because I didn't buy the road hazard warranty. Make sure they explain you everything when you buy tires from them. I will never buy tires from them again. Thank to Carlos the manager at Sears in Rancho Cucamonga.

Engine damage following oil change. Poor customer service response. Vehicle was taken in for oil change on 10/6/2016. Technician used conventional oil in vehicle with high mileage. Did not offer a better oil nor did they recommend. After oil was changed couple days engine started to make strange noise. I called and spoke with Asst Manager ** on 10/24 and he stated for me to bring car back in. When car was taken in ** (Manager) told me the car was full of oil and that his technician after 5 minutes said it was a bad lifter in the engine and that it would not be caused by the oil change. I then carried my vehicle to another shop for them to tell me that the oil that was put in the car was possibly not heavy enough and that it was internal lubrication issues that caused the damage.

I tried calling Sears back a few time to get excuses as to why ** or ** could not speak to me. After getting vehicle repaired I finally called Sears Corporate office where I was given a claim number (**) and told that I would be getting a call back from ** on 11/2/2016 before close of business. The CSR stated that she spoke with ** at the local store and made him aware of what was going on and that ** needed to contact me before he left for the day. ** DID NOT CONTACT ME.

I called ** on 11/3/2016 at 10:45 and asked him why I felt like he was avoiding me and his response was he just received the email this morning from corporate that he was not aware he needed to reach out to me. The entire conversation on the phone he spoke to me in a condescending tone and flat out said it was not their fault and that I should have asked for a heavier oil and that the only compensation he was willing to give me was $21 which was the cost of the oil change. I got off the phone feeling like a WOMEN that was just told to get out of his shop and deal with what life has given you. This is Sears Automotive Store #2672 7320 Old Wake Forest Road Raleigh NC 27616.

While I did like the idea of scheduling online time and purchase of tires, the least of trouble was that every time I went to purchase tires the Sears data changed the tire size. The rudeness!! Marlboro. Waited 7-8 minutes w/o a single person acknowledging me. Let alone "will be with you asap". I was instructed to go to next available person who grunted something like "see that man" as he pointed to someone else. While I had done online purchase, it still took no less than 10 minutes, ONCE I FINALLY GOT HELP to process thru computer. I had notice someone else who walked in just after me and had to be 10 minutes where NO ONE said ANYTHING to him. GREAT tire prices, MISERABLE FAILURE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ALL AREAS.

A disaster. I should've read the reviews before. They really are pigs. It made my car with grease everywhere. I wonder how they did it for the mess as much??? Javier bad manager had nothing to do. They try to clean it up with solid grease rags. A real movie... Unbelievable Sears.

I went in for a simple oil change at 10:30 a.m. as a walk-in. The rep told me because I was a walk-in, it may be a wait. 2 hrs is what I expected but it's 3:48 p.m. and I'M JUST LEAVING. Around 2:30, one person pulled my car in and did a multi-point inspection but then my car was moved to the end for someone else to do the actual oil change. My car is still sitting there and all I'm being told is they are short-handed, and I still have several ahead of me. Never again.

On 09/7/2016, I went to Auto Center Sears, Aventura Miami Fl... for an oil change. I was there from 10:30 am to 3:40 PM... At 1:30 I was called to inform me that car needed new tires. I gave the OK and ask them to make sure to install the same brand that I had "Michelin". Salesperson said, "OK." I did not check tires when I left Sears after 5 hours. I needed to go home. 2 weeks later I have flat tires, passenger sit front and back... AAA put air on them and I went to Sears. "NO Nails, No puncture... etc", they "fixed the problem". That was when I realized that tires were NOT Michelin... WITHOUT my knowledge Sears brand name tires (GUARDSMAN) were installed in may car. After this I took my car home. 2 days later same 2 tires flat... Back to Sears and again 3 days later... I AM DONE. This is a rip off. I need to return the tires... I am not paying the Bill and Sears Auto Center NEVER AGAIN...

I took my car to Sears for a wheel alignment. The next day I was told I needed a rack and pinion. I told them to do it. I got an estimate of 550. The next day I went to pick up the car and was told that all of the bolts and screws were breaking off and they had to drill them out. I left, the next day I went in and waited and was told they weren't finished, it would be the next day.

The next day I went in, it was completed. I paid $550, got in my car, drove it down the boulevard. As soon as I got on the highway the hood flew off the car and landed 50 feet behind me. It's been 3 weeks since that's happened. The insurance company has contacted me once. Sears washes their hands off the situation. I'm very dissatisfied and will never ever take my car to Sears again.

I purchased a groupon on April 2016. At the end of July I had an issue with my car and took it to the mechanic. The motor was cracked and it was due to no oil in my car. My oil change percentage was still at 25% and it turns yellow when it gets to 15%. This is my first time taking it to Sears, I have always took my car to Honda and never had any issues. This is now costing me $1200, either someone forgot to put oil when I took it or they didn't put enough. There was no leaks in the car and this is really odd that the first time I take it to another place this happens. I have used Honda since I purchased my car from there for 5 years. I decided to go with Sears because of the reviews I saw on Groupon. I need someone to contact me back and see how they can help with the $1200 I have to pay. This was an error on Sears end. My car has never had these issues. I have very upset about this issue.

July 18, 2016 was the date of service, the car had to be towed, immediately in the way home from Geico our insurance who had to be called to get a tow truck service. They did not care, my husband went and immediately spoke to the manager who was leaving for the night. He was rude, unapologetic and didn't offer any help. We took it to Skid Marks tire for the repair, NOT back to Sears. So don't let them touch your car! I would give it negative stars if I could!!! I've got a dispute now with my credit card for the originally paid $275.00. They didn't do the work that the said they did, the items they checked off as inspected and said were ok. They were not. My daughter never should have been sent out to go home with the car.

I've literally had to have my daughters car towed 2 times now in a month since they worked on it. Literally the day they worked on it, she didn't even make it home and we live maybe 3 miles away from there. The car broke down and it was seemingly running fine before it went in. She took it for an oil change and a maintenance check up and they messed it up!!! They didn't even thread the oil plug back in properly, the oil all came out, and I'm seeing that from other reviews online that it certainly isn't the first time either.

All of the oil drained out. It's cost me money to fix the car, tow the car AND they haven't given a crap about it, us, or refunded a dime. Poor service and standards. My daughter who literally works at that mall WILL tell everyone too!!! She's got a big mouth and sees tons of ladies in cosmetics. It's busy. We have contacted them over and over, they even gave us a disconnected number for the district manager!!! I've started a dispute so have to see what happens but we should have already been refunded and now it's cost even more money. Shame on you SEARS. I'm posting this everywhere too. No wonder they are losing money at Sears. I filed my dispute today with my Capital One credit card for dispute.

My problem started with the Sears Auto and Tire center located in Charlottesville va. I called and talked to jay on Monday august 21 about holding a set of cooper discoverer at3 lt245 75r 16 tires. Would be there on Saturday august 27 to look at them and have them installed. On wed august 24 called and talked to earnest about a set of Michelin defender ltx lt 245 75r 16 to hold along with the cooper tires to compare which set I wanted to be installed on Saturday august 27 2016.

I arrived at sears on saturday august 27 at 11:30 am and decided on the Michelin. Did not get to see the tires that was in the warehouse but the ones on display in the store. Was told that my truck would be ready at 1:00pm. Walked backed to tire center about 10 minutes after 1:00 - truck was still on parking lot. Was told by earnest would be ready at 2:00 pm. At 1:45 pm received call from earnest that they did not have the Michelin tires on hand but did have the coopers in stock. Was told the cooper tires was quiet, smooth ride and no road noise. If I was not happy I could return them and would get a free front end alignment for my wait and trouble from the manager alec. So at 4:45 pm my vehicle was ready and done.

Drove home Saturday night. Went to look at my bill on sunday morning and was charged for the alignment. Called and talked to alec on Monday august 29 about being charged for alignment and was not happy with the cooper tires. Wanted my old tires back and return the cooper. On Wednesday august 31 was told that I could come back to the Charlottesville va sears tire center to switch out tire and they would take the cooper tires back. Arrived at store to be told they did not have my old tires. Miss out on 4 hrs of work that day for nothing. Would not recommend anyone to purchase tires or any kind of auto service work from this sears location or any other. Please do your homework. Read the reviews before making the same mistake. I myself did not read the reviews first. Save yourself a lot of and money.

I have been getting auto service at Sears for many years. Batteries, Wheel Alignments, and so on. Well just about 2 weeks ago I went for a wheel alignment. Manager Philip ** was so rude and so short with me. I am a customer and this how I get treated here. They have a new system. They were unable to pull up my 3-year wheel alignment agreement. Every time in the last 3-year span. I didn't need a copy of the agreement. I did not have it with and didn't know where it was. The manager in this matter was get real sharp with me. "If you don't have the copy, you're not getting a wheel alignment." The way he said it just sounded like a confrontation. Very non-professional.

I left and drove to the closest Sears that was in Schaumburg. Neil at this location was so informative. He explain about the new system. That was the reason Stratford location was unable to pull my info up. What a difference when a real manager that is a pro at what he does. Just by explaining the whole matter. Without giving me an ultimatum. I end up buying the lifetime wheel alignment that Sears offer. So they did the alignment in short waiting time and I was off. So Stratford location management in customer service, maybe this Philip ** needs some training with talking to customers.

Went to Sears in Henderson, NV for new tires. Very rude and not helpful at all. We have done a lot of business with this store, but wifi not deal with them now or in the future.

I placed an order for this item on 4/28/16 and I never received the item and was never charged. I purchased a new car on 5/14/16 and since I hadn't received it nor had been charged. It wasn't an issue but I was reviewing my bank statement in June and they charged me for the item on June 20, 2016. I immediately put a dispute in with my bank but they told me that I would need to reach out to Sears. I've called Sears three separate times regarding this issue and I did receive and email from Dexter ** on July 20, 2016 that says it was delivered on 4/29/16 and that I should check with my family members or neighbors to see who has the item.

I called them back because I'm still confused if an item was delivered in April why wasn't I charged until June? I don't have their merchandise, neither does my family or my neighbors and I find it in poor taste to not issue me a refund for the purchase price. I've definitely spoken with family and neighbors and suggested that they not spend one cent at Sears.

Compare Auto Service and Repair