Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Sears Auto and Tire
3.59/5

Sears Tire & Auto Centers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

794 Sears Auto and Tire Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2016

I purchased a Groupon and went online as it advised to schedule an appointment. Shortly after I received a call from an employee informing me that my scheduled time was already booked and I would have to schedule an appointment for an oil change almost a week later. I did so and took my vehicle in to be maintenanced and they were prompt. At that time they informed me that 4 of my tires were worn and needed to be replaced and gave me a quote.

Two weeks later I called to schedule another appointment to get the tires installed and they informed me that the employee that gave me the quote was no longer employed by their company and the quote that he had given me was inaccurate and they could not hold it up. I called the corporate office to make a complaint and was informed that if they didn't cooperate there was nothing they could do. I would not recommend getting any automobile service done with this company.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I had depended on Sears for my oil changes, tire alignments and most maintenance issues. I will not be going back to Sears for anything, except that I purchased lifetime alignment, which will be the only reason I will go there for service since I will not get charged for that. Basically I went in for my usual oil change and the mechanic who worked on my car didn't bother to put the cap back on. WTF?! I found this out because the next day on my way home from work I could smell a burning oil smell. I opened the hood and the cap was just sitting there and oil had spilled all over the engine. Are you kidding me?!

Right away I called Sears (about 5:30 pm) but there was no manager to speak to so the associate said to bring it in so they could check it out. Once I brought it back in the associate told me I could take my car to get the engine cleaned and they would reimburse me. Mind you, the associate didn't seem bothered, apologetic, or at all empathetic with the situation. Once I took the car to get the engine cleaned, the check engine light turned on. I took it back to Sears to get my refund for the cleaning and with the intention of speaking to a manager (it was 4:45 pm) and to have the car looked at due to the check engine light. There was no manager there so I asked for the assistant manager. I wasn't given a clear answer until I pushed the question again and finally the associate said that the assistant mgr was there but that she was dealing with something else. What the heck. So much for good customer service.

The assistant manager couldn't be bothered to come out and speak to me and still the same associate wasn't apologetic or empathetic at all. He did give me my refund for the cleaning and I asked to get a refund for the original oil change and he gave it to me. Still the assistant manager, who was on the premises, never came out. I was told that my car couldn't be looked at at that time because they were busy already but that I could bring it back in tomorrow morning. I don't have time to go back again tomorrow morning.

And even though so far I've gotten my money back, it doesn't make up for all the lost time I've spent driving back and forth to/from Sears and to/from the cleaning place. And still my check engine light is on so I need to figure out what to do and make time to again drive either to Sears and/or the cleaning place that cleaned the engine to get the engine checked out. I expect better from Sears, or any establishment that I take my vehicle to get worked on and it's a load of BS that a manager cannot be available for customers. I am beyond upset and there better not be anything wrong with my vehicle. I will demand and expect that Sears cover the charges.

Original review: June 3, 2016

This is a warning to anyone who depends on Sears Automotive. I purchased a set of 4 Goodyear tires with a warranty. I took my vehicle back faithfully every 5K miles to have them rotated and balanced. When I started having issues with the tires they just sold me another one at a cost. Recently I had yet another issue with tire number 3 and had someone else check the tire. I found out the tires were dry rotted and had been materially breaking down. I had no way of knowing this as the tire had to be taken off to see this on the backside.

I depended on Sears Technicians to inspect the tires as part of my road hazard warranty that I paid for and they let me down. THIS IS A SAFETY WARNING!!! DO NOT TRUST SEARS TECHNICIAN TO ALERT YOU OF AN ISSUE. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT SAVING MONEY FOR THE MANUFACTURER OF THE TIRES NOT YOU THE CONSUMER'S SAFETY. I keep thinking about how close I came to having a blow out and possibly dying. I will never put my life in the hands of Sears again.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I went to the Sears Auto store in Cincinnati, OH (Tri County) and was amazed at their rude and incredibly slow customer service. I had called and set up an appointment for Saturday. When I came in at my assigned time, the customer advisor, Mike ** kept me waiting for 15 min while supposedly trying to open my account. I had a tire rotation, balancing and alignment scheduled. He rudely told me that this would take over 5 hours to do(!) When I had scheduled my appointment I was clearly told this would be done in under an hour. He then told me that he would not do the alignment that day, removed it from my order (without my permission) and further went to insult me racially for no reason.

I have never in my life seen such rude customer service in my life. Finally after almost 2 hours they completed a basic rotation and balancing and acted as they had done me a favor when the handed me back my keys. Mike ** should immediately be sacked from his job for his extremely unprofessional and rude customer service. I am never going back to Sears Auto again.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I ordered a set of tires over the phone instead of online since. They were only available through order over the phone. I tell them the specific item number for the tires I want, the billing information, my email and confirmed everything with them twice. I get a reservation confirmation from the store I am supposed to pick up the tires - but no item numbers on the tires and no order number. Fast forward a week, I pick up the tires and try to get them installed somewhere else. (Note: this is because my tires have fallen out of my car due to loose bolts before after a Sears mechanic installed them). My external mechanic tells me that the tires are too small for my car.

Turns out Sears gave me tires that were the same model and make but with the different rim size. I call into the online customer service number and they tell me they cannot view specifically what I ordered since I have already picked up my tires. They say I have to work it out with the Sears Auto store. I go back to the store, and they say that I will be charged $60 for a re-stocking fee to return the tires and that they cannot re-order the tires I placed. They direct me to Sears online. I know for sure I ordered the right tires because the Item No. I gave them was for a tire I found after putting in my car and model into the filters. But of course the only email I have does not have any item numbers to support me.

I ask the online customer service people point blank what is the item number that I ordered? They kept avoiding my question. Finally after 2 hours back and forth on the phone with the online and store people, they offer to send out the correct tires and exchange them with the wrong tires (as if they are doing me a favor instead of correcting their own mistake) - only thing is it will take 8 business days to get there because it will be shipped out from the opposite coast.

Thing is, the deadline to get my car expected is in 3 days so of course that doesn't work. Ended up having to exchange the tires for inferior tires sold in store that are at least $80 more expensive for four tires. Will never be shopping for tires here again. Go to Costco or any other cheap tire retailer. If there are any issues, these Sears online people will just say that they only place orders and everything that happens afterwards is out of their hands. The Sears store people will say that they only match up tires they receive to orders they receive; everything else is out of their hands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 20, 2016

If you're smart don't, and I repeat DON'T, bring your car to Sears. 8 months ago, 8/8/16 to be exact, I had over $16,000 worth of work done on my car. Had 4 new tires put on, new tire rods, alignment, and a bunch of other stuff on my 2007 Dodge Caliber. And I put a new engine in her (at a different auto center) about a year ago. They also passed my inspection and gave me a sticker even though my engine light was on, and they charged me for a part that was "supposed to make it go off" which clearly didn't work, and my horn not working.

8 months down the road I went in for an oil change and tires rotated and they say all my fluids are low and my two front tires are down to nothing. I tell them I haven't even had the tires for a year and I should be covered on a warranty. They told me it doesn't count because it's the "inside" of the tire and it's due to the alignment. They want to charge me $600 for new tires and even more for fluids. They ripped me off and destroyed my car. Worst service ever and I've never been more disappointment. I hope one day they screw up bad enough where someone has the balls to sue them.

Original review: May 9, 2016

This past December, I took my 2013 Ford F150 with 26k miles on it, into Sears service center at the Lakeline Mall in Austin, TX. I would never in a million years go back to that shop for anything. Not an oil change, not a tire rotation, NOTHING!! If you're smart and value your vehicle, you will do the same. Let me tell you my story.

This past December, Dec 23 to be exact, I took my vehicle in for an oil change while I did some Christmas shopping at the mall. I arrive first thing in the morning when they open so that I can hopefully be in & out quickly. They say it'll take about an hour. Ok fine no big deal, I can shop for an hour. Three hours later and they still haven't called, so I go by and they say it's almost done. This is how it always is there. The smallest things take forever and they are always way longer than they originally quote. Not to mention the staff doesn't seem like they really know what they're talking about. Ok so they delay everything... I wish that was all my complaint is about.

So they changed my oil on 12/23/2015 and I go about my day. Fast forward about 5 weeks and my truck's check engine light suddenly comes on and the engine starts making really odd noise and it feels like the engine is shaking... turned out to be engine knocking. As soon as the light came on, I drove the vehicle straight over to Ford dealership, only 5 mins away to have them have a look at what's going on.

Ford calls me the next day after thoroughly testing the truck and tells me the vehicle is extremely low on oil, and that whoever changed my oil last appears to have tightened the oil filter with a wrench that punctured a big hole in the filter, which has been causing a major oil leak. Driving the vehicle with low oil led to the engine knocking, causing metal shavings to be distributed all throughout the engine. Ford quotes me over $11,000 for a new engine to be installed. Eleven thousand dollars in damage after getting my oil changed at Sears. Obviously I'm upset and as Ford suggests, I take this up with Sears, since they are the ones I entrusted to change my oil just a few weeks ago.

So I go back in to the Sears auto center at Lakeline Mall where I had it done and try to speak with a manager in order to get their insurance info. The manager is not there they tell me, he's out for the rest of the day, but they take my phone # and promise to have him call me. I never hear back him. The next day I call again, and told this time the Manager is off for the next two days, but he'll call me back. Another few days go by, and still no callback. I keep calling and calling there until finally after 4 days I get lucky and the manager answers the phone. He tells me he got my message from his staff and was going to call me back. He says there is no way Sears can take responsibility for the damage that was done since it's been over a month ago that they changed my oil. No apology or anything, just straight up denying any responsibility and saying they can't help me. How professional right?

I explain to him that Ford has told me 100% it was from Sears changing my oil, and puncturing the oil filter, it's clear as day that they're to blame for the problem. The Sears manager finally concedes somewhat and tells me that he'll contact their insurance company and alert them to the claim and that they'll call me usually within 24-48 hours. Well 3 days go by, I haven't heard from anyone. Not Sears, not their insurance company, nobody. So I decide to take matters into my own hands. I take to the internet, call up Sears headquarters, talk to someone else about the situation, and they give me Sears' insurance info directly.

Their insurance processor is a company called Sedgwick. I call them, explain the situation, and they set me up a claim #. Now I'm starting to make progress! But it ticks me off that I had to be the one to do it. The Sears manager never called them. When I called Sedgwick, they had no record of me or anyone calling. So I set up my own claim through them, and then Sedgwick called Sears to verify all the info. Well lo and behold now the Sears manager finally calls me back about an hour after I called their insurance company. Now he's trying to pass it off like he actually did it all, saying he's trying to gather more info for their insurance blah, blah, blah. Dude I already set it all up and gave them all the info.

Ok so now I'm getting somewhere. I have a claim filed, they assign someone to work my claim. Just like Sears, their insurance is extremely slow and difficult to get in touch with. The guy assigned to my case says he will send an insurance inspector out to see my vehicle and verify the damages and see if Sears is in face to blame. He says it takes 1-2 days for that to happen. A week later and finally someone gets out there to look at it, and YES, he confirms the oil filter was incorrectly handled, and it's clear to see that it was damaged during installation. They verify that yes the engine is now ruined and will need to be replaced.

I'm happy because now I have Sears' insurance company admitting that it was Sears' fault for damaging the oil filter during installation, and they agree they will cover the cost of a new engine. This is great to hear because there was no way I was going to pay $11,000 for a new engine when Sears just ruined my relatively new truck.

It ended up taking 3 months to get my new engine installed and get me my truck back. The Sears insurance rep didn't like the quote that Ford gave, they felt that $11,000 was too high, so he decided to try to track down the same type of engine for a cheaper cost. Well he found one, but it turned out to be cracked and no good. So he wasted a month of my time trying to find a cheaper engine, only to find out it was a bad engine too. After another month he finds a remanufactured engine pulled from a truck with only 5k miles on it, and buys that one. It arrives at Ford, but it doesn't have the twin turbos attached and is missing a bunch of gaskets. So the insurance rep has to order all those pieces too, and I have to wait another few weeks for them to all arrive.

I got them to pay for a rental car for me for almost 2 months. After everything was said and done, this insurance company paid pretty much exactly what Ford originally quoted for the replacement engine, so he didn't save any money. He actually ended up spending even more money than the Ford quote because paying for a rental car for 2 months is another $1500 or so. Ford had a quote and could have had a new engine in the thing a week or two after I originally brought it to them. But thanks to Sears' insurance guy trying to find better deals and being tough to get in contact with (for both me and the Ford rep), the whole process took 3 months.

So to end this story, I'm very thankful to finally have my truck back after 3 months without it. This newer engine they put in does have a 3 year/36k miles warranty, so I'm told, so hopefully it will at least last that long. I got lucky Sears' insurance company did the right thing and fixed my truck. SEARS was not willing to help me, I had to take things into my own hands to get it fixed. They ruined my truck, and then just wanted to deny any responsibility. They lied to me about calling their insurance company and were essentially no help at all in resolving the matter. I had to do everything in order to reach a resolution.

This is actually the 2nd time I've had an issue with Sears. About 10 years ago I bought some new tires for an older car I was driving at the time. After I drove off and was down the highway, my front tire was shaking violently so I pulled over to discover the lug nuts were very loose and my tires was about to come off. So yeah, needless to say I won't be going back to Sears anytime in the foreseeable future. Not for car work, not for appliances, not for anything. At least I got my truck fixed, that's all I can really say. 3 months and a huge headache later and I actually got my truck fixed with a newish remanufactured engine. Heed my advice, do not go to Sears. Save yourself for the headaches I endured. Not even for something as simple as an oil change. It very well could ruin your vehicle just like they did mine.

Original review: May 4, 2016

Poor customer service and poor quality vehicle service. I stood in front of a rep for 20 minutes without even being acknowledged. I finally made aware that I was trying to leave my car for an oil change, only to be told they were booked and couldn't accept any more customers... I came back the next day and asked for oil change and 12 point inspection because I needed my coolant filled and had a headlight out... When my car was returned (4 hrs later), I noted that no one had marked the 12-point inspection sheet. He said it was done, but just not filled out. My car still has a light out and coolant is still low. I will not be returning.

Original review: May 4, 2016

BAIT AND SWITCH TACTIC - On Thurs 4/28/16 my wife went to Sears for a scheduled appointment at 1pm. She had a coupon for an oil change for $14.95. When she finally got in she was informed they could not do this regular oil change but are required to use the synthetic oil change for $60. This is ridiculous as I have had at least 4 oil changes at other businesses for regular (not synthetic) oil changes. They would not do the regular oil change even after going back and questioning them. They are obviously trying to take advantage of unsuspecting customers at increased Costs to them.

Original review: May 3, 2016

5/1/16 I went to Sears Auto Center in San Bruno, CA located at Tanforan Mall to get my brake done. But after checking my car, they recommend that I also have to change my rotor due of it was getting bad so the estimate of $460, they keep adding more. The guy came up to me and told me alignment is required also and I said no thank you, I just got done my oil change from Lincoln dealership 2 weeks ago. They didn't mention anything about alignment, yet the brake yes. So I said brake and rotor is fine. So I waited for 1 to 1 hour and half and it's done since it was Sunday, I guess they kind of rush my car.

Ok this what happen - car is done, brakes and rotors got change, so I was driving through freeway 1-80. Not too far after I pass the Bay Bridge, my car on the dashboard says brake - all the light inside my car came on then my steering wheel got lock also, which you can't turn from left to right. It was a horrible experience, almost crash my car or die. I never experience that while driving until after Sears Auto Center did the brake, and not even 1 hour after I drove it from their service area and knowing the fact ic prego and die on the freeway. So when my steering can't drive no more, I pull to the right side and highway patrol came and roadside assistance from freeway. They put my car around Oakland.

5/2/16 call the Sears Auto Center. Spoke to the manager, telling him what had happen to me. So he told me to bring my car to Sears Auto Center and how I am not gonna pay $200 for towing. So I demand him to pay for it since they're the one who cause me a problem and almost die on freeway. I call the towing company and the guy who's doing the tow for my car told me something is broken under my car next to the rotor while he was putting the car up. I just let it. What will Sears tell me about this? So arrived at Sears Auto Center. After 30 mins so they went and check my car and no response for like 1 hour and tell me they will call me what cause of what happen on the freeway.

So I walk around after 2 hours - no call yet. So by 3 hours I called them for update and guess what, they told me a lot of excuse - "it's a sensor that has been broken on your power steering wheel". More excuse - that it got nothing to do with the brake. OMG why the ** you didn't mention anything when you guys check my car for inspection and the fact that I just went to Lincoln dealership for oil change and didn't mention about broken sensor on my car? I just wanna sue the Sears.

Original review: April 28, 2016

I got my tires from Sears automotive in Altoona about two weeks ago and while I was taking my sister home one of my tires came off, bent my driver's side front fender and only God knows what else. Luckily I wasn't in town where I could have seriously been hurt or killed or seriously hurt or killed someone else. But when I was putting my tire back on I needed to use other lug nuts from my rear tires and they weren't on tight either. As a customer I should not have to go over what Sears employees are paid to do I.e. making sure the lug nuts are tight enough so they don't come off. So I don't recommend getting tires from there or you could possibly die from one of the employee's failure to do their job right.

Original review: April 11, 2016

Most horrible experience of my life today. The guy, Kelly **, who was working the counter was rude and impatient customer service agent ever and he claimed to be the manager. I live 45 minutes away from Santa Fe so I like to schedule multiple things the same day. My auto appointment was going to be the last at 4 pm. I had a few other appointments cancel and I picked up my son early. I decided at 1:45 to see if they could get me early or if I could cancel and just head home (34 weeks pregnant and on modified bed rest). I walk up to an empty counter and wait 10 minutes.

Kelly comes up and tells me he needs to make a call. I wait 10 more minutes while he contacts another customer. He finishes call and starts with me. I ask for the oil change, tire rotation, air filter, and multi point inspection package. He tells he's busy and it will take till like 4:00 to FINISH my car, I agree. We went to my car, marked previous damage, mileage and he put me in the system. He told me the price and I questioned why it was so low and he told me he gave me a $10 discount. I said cool and headed to the food court to sit and wait and let my son play.

2:28 pm I get a text saying my car is done, a few minutes later Kelly called to tell me that too. I was so excited as my feet are swelling and I should be in bed with my feet up. We were eating and playing so we finished and headed back to Sears. We stopped and purchased some pillow pets in another department and then headed to automotive.

I waited at the counter for a few and then Kelly walked up and told me I had to wait while he made a call. I stood there for 5 minutes waiting while he told a customer he couldn't get the part he needed and when he could it was going to make the repair expensive. After he gets off the phone he starts to ring me out. I joke and say I'm glad my air filter and oil filter didn't cause a problem like usual. He said "why would they? We didn't change your air filter." I inquired as to why and he said all they did was an oil change. I asked why. He said that's what I wanted. I said "No. I wanted the package".

He looked up the price for the package and I said "fine how long to get my filter and tires rotated". He says I'd be there till after 5. It's already 3:30. I didn't want to get home after 7pm so I asked if they could rotate my tires and I could leave. No can't do it without charging me full price for it. I ask why I have to pay for his mistake and I was told because I didn't catch it when he made it. It would do the package but I had to wait.

I asked to speak to a manager. He said "I am the manager and this is my decision". I asked for the store manager and was told that the store manager had no control over him and he refused to call him for me. I said "fine. I'll call myself". I pulled out my phone and called the store. At this point he calls the store manager, Mike. I tell Mike what he said and he called me a liar saying he didn't. Another customer walked up and confirmed my story.

So I wasn't helped by the manager either. He just said sorry, didn't offer a solution, and didn't handle the problem. Worthless customer service and management. I paid for my oil change and left with no tire rotation or filter. Now I'm going to have to make an extra trip and pay full price for those services. Do not go to this auto center or Sears store.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I worked for Sears Automotive Center in Colonial Heights, Virginia. I stopped taking my car there when another employee attempted to put gas shocks on my car when I was being charged for premium shocks. I canceled the work order and resigned shortly thereafter. It was dishonest and bad business. Sears Automotive Center use to be a great place to work and buy tires. Bad hires, and policies changing every other day made it very difficult to deliver a superior customer service experience. I take my car to the dealership. You get what you pay for.

Original review: April 4, 2016

Took my 1.5 yr old vehicle in for oil change on 3/02/16. Soon after noticed oil on the driveway and figured it was another older vehicle that sometimes comes over. Finally began seeing oil all over driveway. I went under to look at oil pan and sure enough it was leaking. I decided to try and take it to the service center knowing it was going to be a huge waste of time. Sure enough instead of taking it in quickly and simply correcting the issue they wanted me to wait an 1.5 hrs and then told me they would have to determine if it was something wrong with the plug. Thanks but no thanks!!! It doesn't take a genius to know that they stripped the screw or didn't put it in tight enough. Several oil changes before by my good mechanic and this is what I get for trying to use a coupon and close store.

Never again will I go back to their service center!!! I have bought batteries for prior vehicles at sears, and when the batteries are bad under the warranty you the customer have to remove them yourself. They charge you for that and you will have to wait until they can get to it. No customer service. I'll continue to go to my local mechanic and stay away from offers that are too good to be true. Thanks for nothing SEARS!!!

Original review: April 3, 2016

This is the 3rd time I've used Sears Auto in Provo UT. Each time Josh has been very friendly and helpful when he helped me. Jeremy did a great job on my car. I felt like they were honest with me and didn't find something extra to charge me for. I'll definitely go back! Alestair was helpful as well.

Original review: April 2, 2016

Sears: Fox Run Mall, Newington, NH. I needed 2 new tires for my vehicle so I checked the store website, (the Newington location) and they had them in stock. I called the store and was told that they didn’t have them but had another that was $10.00 more apiece. Needing the tires and time was an issue I made the appointment for the following morning before work. I brought the vehicle in for the appointment and waited in the waiting area for the tires to be swapped out and remounted, about an hour. Remember, I’m in the waiting area. The tires are all set and I go to pay the bill and it’s more than the quoted price because of the extra work that they did. When I told them I wasn’t there for any extra work, just the tires, they said, and I quote, "We thought you would want it done".

Remember, I’m sitting in the waiting area, waiting for my vehicle. Not once did they come out to tell me about a headlight bulb being out and being replaced. Never showed me the bad bulb, just replaced the bulb, $16.00 and charged $35.00 for the labor. I've never in my life been to a dealer or service department where work was done without an authorization. I only went for tires nothing else. Was told while I was paying my bill that many other issues were wrong with my vehicle and they could take care of them, including getting a new battery because mine was almost shot.

I just had the vehicle inspected the previous month and everything checked out and passed, even the tires that I had replaced. When I declined their offer for more repairs they felt a need to start disparaging my vehicle and asked me if I was just running it into the ground, because I had 200,000 miles on it. Very unprofessional, and probably bait and switch on the tires too. I had no dash lights indicating I had a bulb out. By this time I was so mad. I just wanted out of there. Never, ever again with Sears.

Original review: March 11, 2016

Called the store and they said they had the tires I wanted. Went in and they said they didn't even carry that brand of tires. Bought different tires which were more expensive. When waiting in line they were taking people from behind us first.

Original review: March 1, 2016

My truck needed an oil change. I saw a coupon online 49.99 for full synthetic oil and filter change through Sears. I made an appt. Went to the appt and the price jumped to $67.89. Shocked I ask how it could be. They said my truck took more oil than 5 quarts so I googled it. It took 6 quarts so I said "You're charging me $17 for a quart of oil when right there on your shelf it's clearly marked at $8.39." They didn't know what to say except sorry their mistake. I ended up paying $58.82. Still not happy. I ask them how many people do they get away with this. With the money, would add up fast! I'm still mad as hell. I have the bill, the revised bill and the coupon as proof of their cheating ways!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

Bought 4 tires 2 years ago. After one year, two tires leaked. They charged me to fix one and replace the other (after over an hour wait despite the appointment I had scheduled). Now one year later, another tire completely blew out with no cause. And they not only refuse to take responsibility for their faulty product, but they want to charge me more to replace it. Horrible service and 50% rate of failure. Don't go there!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I needed to get new tires for my car, so I went to Sears. I had saved some money by having them ordered online. I put the tires on and they of course told me they could not do the alignment because they said I had a bad wheel bearing, which I had just replaced all four wheel bearings. Anyways, I replaced the wheel bearing as that was still under warranty and did not cost me anything else. (I did them myself.)

Anyways, I got the alignment done and drove the car for a couple weeks. The car was driving rough down the road and the tires were whining. They didn't seem like good tires. I got a hold of customer service and told them the issue and I was very dissatisfied with the tires and asked if I could possibly have them returned and exchanged for a better tire if I pay the difference. They said sure, they had a 30 day return policy or exchange.

I drive up to the auto center and go to the desk. Tell the guy what I had just mentioned above and he says to me absolutely not. He says "They are tires and we won't take back a tire." He says "You get what you pay for and you're screwed out of luck." So I say back to him that I spent hundreds of dollars on tires and alignment and the tires don't seem safe for my family and you can't even follow the 30 day policy? So I asked for the manager and he says "Too bad. I'm the manager."

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

My 18-yr old son took his car to Sears Auto for an annual N.Y.S. inspection. They failed his inspection charging him $21, and said his Rt parking brake cable was broken and it would cost $500 to fix. He did the right thing and called me before he agreed to have it fixed there. I knew that was extremely high for a $38 cable. After getting the car home I looked at both parking brake cables and to my amazement both sides were in perfect working order. This is not the first time I had issues with Sears Auto with N.Y.S. inspections. They will always say a light bulb is burned out or windshield wipers have to be replaced to pass inspection.

I am a mechanic myself and know for a fact they are lying to up-charge the customer. If you are forced to have to use Sears Auto, request to see it for yourself before agreeing to have them do any work and always demand to have them show you the replaced part. I'm sure if my son had paid the $500 for them to fix a "not broken" parking brake cable, he would have left without anything being replaced. By the way PEP Boys passed his inspection the next day, and said there were no problems with his cables.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I had an issue with my jeep on my way to work located right next to Sears Auto. So when I got to work I took my jeep over to them and explained my jeep died and the check engine light was on and my oil light had came on. I left the jeep with them so I could run next door to open the back door so my employees could get in and ran back to the shop. When I walked back in I was told by the service advisor that it was My ECM which can be a $3000 repair and must be performed by the dealership. I pulled out of the shop and realized that I had my jeep with me the whole time and there was no way they could have hooked the computer up to it. I took my jeep to GEARHEART AUTOMOTIVE and they hooked my jeep up and told me that the repair was my intake manifold and that they could do it for under $500. I have never been kicked out of a shop in my life. I would never send family or friends here.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

In the most recent visit to our Sears auto center my wife and I brought both vehicles in for service. I should have known this was to be an experience when as we approached the sales counter, the conversation that was taking place with the associate and a customer on the phone was disgusting in nature. He essentially told this customer that the issue was not his problem and he had no involvement to help rectify the issue... Very rude. Though only asking for an oil change, my wife had asked for a inspection of balancing for a vibration she had.

4 hours later... My Explorer comes back to me with NO conversation at the counter, but when I returned home to look over my paperwork I have 4 items that were evidently discovered that need attention as noted by the technician. NONE of which was brought to my attention when I picked up my car. These are steering related and a rear main seal that need replacing so a significant amount of money to repair. These folks let me walk out without bringing this to my attention and no effort to take care of my repairs.

When examining my wife's paperwork the mention of any effort put into her vibration was not noted anywhere. They did note that the washer fluid was low but did nothing to make the light go off or even offer to do it for a charge. They just did nothing! Granted, we should have asked about any issues. But as busy as they were and so "In a Hurry" to get you out I'm not surprised. I am alarmed at the lack of interest this crew at the counter has for customer service and even though the prices are competitive I need to find a service center I can rely on. They go through different employees almost every time we are there and we have been using Sears for several years now. I regret to bring to your attention but the management in 6701762 is lacking!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I bought 4 Michelin tires on Dec. 19, 2015 and had it installed with tire rotation and balancing. After starting my car I noticed that the TPMS warning light was on. I ignored it, thinking it will turn off eventually. On Dec. 23, I went back to Sears to have them check my newly installed tires. The warning light turned off after the supervisor put more air on my tires and told me to check the tire pressure every 2 weeks. The worst service happened on Jan. 4, 2016 when I demanded them to check my tires because I'm tired of adding air on them every 2 days. The work order was placed 2:20 and promised to be done at 4:30. At 4PM I went back hoping that it was ready, but to my surprise, no one even looked at my car yet. The manager Dwayne said it will be next. I waited for 10 minutes, but still nobody went to look at my car.

I demanded to speak with the supervisor Tyron. He approached me with an intimidating attitude, asked me what's the problem and then asked me "Do you want me to find out what happened?" Aghast with the response and attitude I promised myself never to go to Sears anymore. I waited by the work area hoping that someone will apologize for the delay, NO ONE did. At 5:30 I finally got my car, the problem was a leaking valve. (Since I don't trust these 2 people I talked with, Dwayne and Tyron who claims to be the manager and supervisor, I'm not sure if that is their real name).

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Detailed phone quote on brake replacement was not available when a much higher number was quoted in person. After much negotiation, Sears agreed to the original price, but downplayed the lower priced repair. After completing the job in an inordinately long time, Sears recommended several very high priced, but unnecessary repairs that the car did not need and made sure we were left to believe the car would fall apart in the first 30 seconds on the road.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

On December 22, 2015 my 88 years young mother took her 2001 automobile to Sears for an oil change based on a $14.99 coupon she received in the mail. She apparently approved work and did not have sufficient funds on her credit card to pay the entire bill. She visited Sears without telling any family member of her plans. I received a call after the work was done asking for $700.00+ plus to complete payment of the bill. I was shocked and asked to speak to the manager who said the car would not be released until payment was made. I explained to him, "Work should not have been done without prior payment approval and that her car's value was less than the bill."

It was getting dark. I asked and he agreed to let mother go home with the car and I would come immediately and pay entire bill of $1182.88, which I did. The receipt shows oil change and struts -- $742.47 parts (some re-manufactured) and $491.24 labor. This should not happen. Sears took advantage of an elderly, black woman who obviously could not make an informed decision about auto repair, and did not ask me for approval of the work until after it was completed. Sears received a Christmas gift at our expense. After over 40 years and numerous Sears appliances, lawn equipment, items for home, car batteries, etc., we will NEVER deal with Sears again. This was the ultimate elder misuse and consumer theft. The only offer made to mother or me was Sears rewards points. What an insult.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

I asked for a brake eval. Ended up paying many extra costs for 48 bucks to replace a 5 dollar light bulb. Called the store when I noticed this on my bill and they said I ok'd this via phone confirmation. I did not. I want to listen to this recorded conversation but not available unless I bring a lawsuit or something. I need to know how to pursue.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2015

I needed new tires for winter and decided to also get an oil change while I was at it. We took the car to Sears Auto Center in Kokomo, Ind., at Markland Mall. I work an hour away from home, so after going about 200 miles my oil light came on. I was almost home and then my engine locked up and my car came to a complete halt. My fiance, who used to work at a Sears Auto Center, came out and discovered that my oil drain plug was completely missing and there wasn't a drop of oil to be found. We are now talking to the auto center, but Lucky Me, their third-party insurance company is off for the holidays until 5 days from now, so I am without a car for the holidays ALL because of negligence for a BASIC oil change that my fiance could have done himself. We will take that route instead of Sears from here on out, but I am pretty sure at this junction, Sears owes me an entirely new engine and a big fat SORRY.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

Had four tires replaced on our 2011 Toyota Tacoma. After 1 week an intermittent cyclical clunk developed followed by a sudden deflation of the right front tire. Upon inspection the sliding pin could be seen way out of position through the wheel rim. Upon removal of the wheel I discovered the sliding pin cotter key was missing as was the upper pad spring which allowed the pads to shift out of line and run afoul of the rotor hub causing the cyclical clunk. The lower pad spring and sliding pin cotter key were bent. The valve stem check valve was not threaded in all the way and the cap which was missing had apparently been all that kept the tire inflated until it finally blew off. I believe the damage to the disc brake components was caused by careless installation of the wheel. I almost forgot to mention that the hubcap on that wheel was missing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

Sears is by far the most unorganized and dysfunctional company that I have ever come across. I went in for an oil change and the guy calls me to tell me to pick up my car. Then when I went in he tells me my car has a nail. Perfectly fine. I pay and wait...and wait...and wait. An hour goes by and then the guy tells me that they don't have the parts and so they order delivery from Autozone. I wait and wait and this is now the 2nd hour and I'm heated. I tell one of the guys to get up, stop being lazy and pick up the damn patch. Mind you my car is on the lift and so apparently they can't do other alignments either because they placed my car which has no tire on there. Real smart guys. Never come here even if it is the only repair shop. Nightmare.

Sears Auto and Tire Company Information