Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Midas Mufflers
3.62/5

Midas Mufflers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

537 Midas Mufflers Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a flat tire and they fixed it in one hour even they were super busy in the end of day. They concerned my car and tried to save my money. In addition, the manager warned me for not driving in the flat tire to protect my safety. I appreciate Midas did the excellent service for their customer!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Better than expected; I called on a Friday afternoon for a Saturday appointment. They said if you could leave it Saturday they would fit it in at some point, for a change of tires, winter to summer. I drop the car off on a Friday night. Saturday morning at 8:30 AM I received a phone call saying that the tires had been changed and the winter tires were bagged and placed in my vehicle. What more could I ask for. Appreciate good service.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We took our car to a well known shop in Springfield. They told us our trailing arm bushings needed replaced and it would cost $1055.00 to replace them. Then they said the left inner tie rod was bad and needed replaced. They advised that will be extra. We took our vehicle to Midas for a 2nd opinion, they quoted us a price that was approximately $500.00 less than the first shop to replace the trailing arm bushings. They checked both inner tie rods for us and advised there was nothing wrong with it. They did a great job and were very friendly. Thank you to the Springfield Ohio team. We will continue going to Midas for repairs.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Midas is fantastic!! I have been using Midas for over 15 years. The company is more than fair, the technicians are knowledgeable and will answer all of my questions/concerns without making me feel inferior because of my limited knowledge of cars and repairs. I appreciate this the most about this company!! The prices are fair, and I never feel cheated or taken advantage of!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

In March of this year 2018, I went to Midas at 8141 Ogontz Avenue to have my brakes and tires replaced. I knew the work needed to be done. It was a matter of getting a fair price. After checking around it was decided that Midas was the most reasonable and I was able to save a lot of money with the coupons from the website. The work was done in a timely manner considering all that was needed. Special thanks to ** the manager and ** at customer service along with the mechanics that worked on my car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I had my car towed to Midas because it was the closest place to my home. They had it for two days. When I picked it up the brakes still went down to the floor. I took it back to them and they said the brakes needed bleeding. Fine. I called them today to ask if maybe they could take a little off the price. They charged me $700.00 and the manager was very rude and would not even listen to what I had to say. He just kept yelling over me. I would not recommend this Midas location to anyone. I think he should have given me some $ off since I had to take it in twice to get the job done properly.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Slight screeching to belt after running for a bit but not bad, comes and goes. NO noticeable wobble of pulleys or belt. Spray a little water on belt/pulley, when it does start to screech and the the noise goes away for a few seconds. I took for oil change at Midas, overall look and check the belt. Was told it was a pulley, then 2 pulleys. Replaced both and said the screech was much better now/quieter but said spring/tensioner must be bad. They said the pulleys are bad though. They said they can't get off parts (can't turn bolts) to get at that part (for some reason) and would have to cut it all apart, replace water pump etc. to get at fixing that problem. I said, "No, if it's even better I'll wait." Paid the bill. Went out to vehicle. Noise is 10 times worse. I couldn't believe it. Went in and they said it was louder than that when I brought it in, and when they pulled it in the bay. Complete lie, which I hate to say.

They stood by that comment. And all three guys, standing next to each other, there said the same thing. One said they heard it through the glass when I drove in. My Mom and Dad were there with me. I couldn't believe it. It's awful now. Louder than ever and constant. They said that's how it is and kept talking about diagnosing and ruling out this and that and that it's like being a doctor. Professionals and a screeching belt. OK, whatever but to bluntly lie about the noise. And like I said it's so much worse. Dropped off at another mechanic right now with the 2 pulleys I got which they were reluctant to give at first and had to "find" them. The mechanic right away said nothing was wrong with the 2 pulleys from what he could see while spinning them on his finger. I brought in to show him. We will see. Lying. Now why would that be? Waiting to hear if I'm a little off on this situation.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My experience at Midas has always been a positive one, quick services at a fair price would definitely recommend. Oil changes are fast not to mention they check all other aspects of the vehicle as well as refilling freon and checking tire rotation.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have been servicing my Vehicle within Midas now for a long period of time with a large amount of Money spent, in particular at the 226 St. Anne's Road location. Please review my history at this location, re 1998 Blazer. Below is a summary of what happen recently at the 555 Pembina location, taken here as I couldn't get a earlier appointment time at the St. Anne's Location. Below is a summary: Aug 2, Appointment at 0800, left about 1130. Tech DID NOT TEST DRIVE - Brook, noticed same front left noise. Brought back around 13:00, advised that another component had to be replaced, will order and repair on Tue Aug 6, advised it would be done at that date. Aug 6 Midas part was on hand. Arrived at Midas Lot at 2:15. Car brought in at 3:35. Scott said delay was due got behind.. Received keys at 16:35, charged $161.20 for exactly 1 hr labour?

Aug 7, humming noise front of vehicle after brakes pressed. Made appointment for St Anne’s location Friday morning Aug 9. Car left at 0730 for all day review. Called for status update at 1045. Advised by Jason that Blazer was sent to JB Transmission as nothing found at Midas St Anne’s. No issue found at JB Trans. Can pickup at st Anne’s Midas at 0230. No noise located after pickup? Why when obvious issue was noticed, no further issue after pickup when no problems found? I didn't appreciate this obvious "Cover Up" between the 2 locations, indicating to me that there was no problems when in fact there was! To this end, I will not be doing any further business with any Midas location! Again, look at my previous loyalty toward Midas as well as the $$ spent to no end. The St Anne's Manager, Jason was not honest regarding the true result of the issue that wasn't resolved initially at the 555 Pembina Location.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Midas Ad $39 package including oil change, Filter change, tire rotation, inspection check etc. Original priced at $49. After service, they told me they did tires rotation. But I found they didn't do tire rotation at all. My vehicle left front tire was leaking, got repairs, that shop marked on it. Right front tire has different marker as well. Right rear tire has scratch on it, a piece of rubber is tearing off. I found these three tires are still at the same position. Maybe they rotated the only one tire for fun. In addition, they add filter charge, shop supplies, Total charge still over $50. Just like no "$10 discount". If they did tire rotation, I feel it too valuable. They work more and charge less, I was thinking should tipping them. But shouldn't lie on the package.

Midas expert review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

• Best for: Midas performs services to meet the needs of most consumers looking for basic automotive maintenance and repair services.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information