Midas Mufflers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas Mufflers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Excellent Customer Service experience provided by ** the Store Manager, very knowledgeable, professional, and made you feel like you were a lifelong customer even if it's your first time there! If you want this type of service go to this Midas location 3855 S Military Trail Lake Worth, FL 33463. Thanks **! Will be taking both of my cars there for all my maintenance needs and also will be referring my friends and family to your store as well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I came back to Midas with one last chance to fix my muffler properly so that I wouldn't be returning every 2 years for the same problem. Luckily, this time I was directed to the other Kingston location with whom I spoke to Brad, he and the mechanic Nick have completely restored my faith in midas and I will without question return to them for any further work my car, or friends or families need done that we just don't have the time or patience to deal with.

Brad worked with me every step of the way, even helping with my budget and providing the best possible prices and options for what my car needed. Nick went above and beyond with the repairs to my car, doing a full break inspection while we waited for my friend to arrive with another opinion. Any and all repairs were absolutely necessary and explained in great detail, additional services were also provided to help offset the cost and make a customer satisfied and for the first time, happy with the repairs made to my vehicle by Midas on Gardiner's road in Kingston Ontario. Thank you, sincerely, Brad and Nick for restoring my faith in Midas and making this a smooth transaction on all behalfs.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This Midas has been repairing my family's cars for decades. Several times I thought I had a problem or a minor problem, they have said no charge because it was minor, or no charge even though the car was put up on hoist and found no repair needed. They are trustworthy and honest.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I went to Midas on the Kirkwood Hwy in Wilmington Delaware. I found the service manager, Andy, to be a very knowledgeable, courteous, responsive person who was able to answer all my questions. He and the mechanic who serviced my vehicle were a professional team who provided quality service. They changed the oil, installed new wiper blades and showed me it was better to not rotate my tires at this time since the rear tires were newer than the front ones. They also pointed out unusual brake wear on one wheel and provided an estimate. I will have that work done in the near future. Overall Andy was a very impressive young man. Midas should take care of him. He is a valuable asset to the company. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

My experience with the team at 116 Daniel Webster Hwy location was the best. The Manager was extremely courteous, straight forward and professional in my dealings with his shop. I would recommend this Midas shop to anyone who needs or wants automotive repair or maintenance work. They Rock!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

After going to three different shops Midas solve the issues in 10 minute. Midas South Seneca Wichita KS 67217. Manager Jordan G - Gavin Technician. Great work, thank you. ALSO receive a complete inspection.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

This is simply the WORST business practice and management I have EVER experienced. Right from the initial poor quality workmanship to the SEVERE lack of customer service. Long story short, I visited Midas St. Anne's in January 2020 for exhaust and muffler work, which I very much regret. I trusted them with their initial assessment that my catalytic converters needed replacing. Since, I have had many other second opinions and am now the wiser that these RARELY need replacing. My total expense for a simple muffler/exhaust repair was $2000! I was definitely was taken advantage of and gouged.

5000km later, I am driving and find myself without power steering and smoke fuming from my car hood. Thank goodness I was not in an accident! I take my vehicle to my local mechanic who has serviced my vehicle my entire adult life; great guy, completely trustworthy and always goes up and beyond. I am utterly disgusted with what was found. My power steering and low pressure hoses were burnt from cheap after market converters that Midas installed and incorrectly positioned too close to my hoses (photo 1). And in addition, Midas caused damaged two underbody parts that had NOTHING TO EVEN do with the muffler and exhaust system: the solenoid starter (photo 2) and the bracket (photo 3).

There is direct cause and effect evidence here. Yet somehow, the store manager Sonny ** choses to disregard it all and seems to think this quality of work is acceptable. They are not taking responsibility whatsoever. Sonny tried blaming the burnt hoses as "common issues" for my car type. Yet, in the 8 years of owning the vehicle I had never had an issue until after the converters were incorrectly replaced and better still, my two sisters who each have the same car have never had this issue either. Sonny also had a different explanation for all said defects depending on whom he was talking to: my mechanic or myself. Some of his reasoning was just not even plausible. Instead, he gave an estimated quote of another $4000 to have all this repaired to ideal standards.

Shame on you Midas. Let us put this into perspective - how would you feel if this happened to one of your family members or loved ones and the company responsible failed to take ownership? As a professional in the realm of a business, I know mistakes happen. But TRUE professionals admit and take ownership for their mistakes, right the wrongs, and compensate the client. I will be continuing to post my story on different review outlets, filing complaints with the Better Business Bureaus, and contacting the media. The public has a right to know.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Oil changed by Midas Downers Grove, IL. Leaking oil on drive. Took to Nissan. Missing drain plug washer. Drain plug stripped. Nissan retapped oil pan threads. Replaced washer and plug. Refilled oil. $89 fix. Clean oil from drive. Sent complaint to Midas corporate twice. No response from store. Called store. On Hold. Cut off. No call back.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I purchased and had Midas installed a brand new muffle system (Muffle, DF Converter Ultra, pipe center, 2 exhaust gasket, and manifold). So, after January 2020, around 09/2020 my muffler system became loud and noisy as if I never had the muffle work done. I became very angry because I paid $ 1447,.23 for parts and $288 for labor. I'm very disappointed because I didn't expect a company with Midas reputation to do subpar work. I mean $1853.38 a lot of money to pay out for any vehicle repair service but I would expect not to have problems after paying that much money for a muffle to get repaired. I haven't contacted Midas yet but will keep you posted.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

On 8/31/20 I took my 2010 Cadillac into Midas in West Bloomfield, MI 48322, for many needed repairs. I expected the bill to be high, but not what the actual amount was. I declined the extra $940 in service to replace the transmission cooler lines, flush the cooler and replace the trans fluid. Having been a Ford engineer and working in transmission cooling systems prior to my spine injury, I was not too concerned having driven this car for over a year, always parked in the same place and never had any leaks. But when I came directly home from Midas, parked in the same spot in my garage, my wife later informed me my car was indeed leaking oil. Being handicapped and unable to get under a car anymore, I could not look to determine where the leak was coming from. I also was very skeptical that this cooler line could start a leak from 1.4 miles of driving from Midas to my home.

On 9/3/20 the battery failed. I took the car to Firestone in West Bloomfield for a new battery. I asked them to check the lower transmission cooling line for a leak. There was one, just like the picture in the Midas inspection report texted on my phone. They showed me the leak and the cooler line was loose, unseated backed out several turns from a secure position (see pic). I asked if he could possibly try some ATV and tighten it. The technician informed me it could be cross threaded and may not help repair the leak. But it easily tightened back into the proper location. I asked him if he could clean up the oil before I drove it home. I drive this car daily (3 weeks now) with no leaks on my garage floor, parked in the exact spot where I had my first oil leak after driving home from Midas in West Bloomfield after the repairs they performed.

I have documentation, a receipt for the battery replacement, cooler line tightening to the proper fit (no charge), and Firestone technicians very happy to have me include their place of business anywhere I choose to post or report this $940 unneeded repair. It was a simple scam to get more money. Midas claims the car is old and repairs and inspection were honest. My documentation and daily use of the vehicle proves they are not trustworthy with my car and the repair was not required. I became irate on the phone 9/8/20 that he would calmly said this Midas facility was an honest repair facility when I have proof of the $940 unneeded repair. A $940 service fee from Midas in West Bloomfield to replace the transmission cooler lines, flush the cooler and replace the fluid, THAT WAS NOT REQUIRED. Be very careful doing business with Midas in West Bloomfield.

Midas author review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information