Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas Mufflers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: April 25, 2021

I called and spoke with ** Store Mgr. Midas Muffler S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, Co. Rick. Treated me with respect and he was very kind, courteous and professional!! He had me bring my car in for inspection. I was having a squealing sound in the engine compartment. The great mechanic there diagnosed the problem and fixed my car immediately. They are wonderful people and I recommend them highly! Thank you very much!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

After going to three different shops Midas solve the issues in 10 minute. Midas South Seneca Wichita KS 67217. Manager Jordan G - Gavin Technician. Great work, thank you. ALSO receive a complete inspection.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Excellent Customer Service experience provided by ** the Store Manager, very knowledgeable, professional, and made you feel like you were a lifelong customer even if it's your first time there! If you want this type of service go to this Midas location 3855 S Military Trail Lake Worth, FL 33463. Thanks **! Will be taking both of my cars there for all my maintenance needs and also will be referring my friends and family to your store as well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I came back to Midas with one last chance to fix my muffler properly so that I wouldn't be returning every 2 years for the same problem. Luckily, this time I was directed to the other Kingston location with whom I spoke to Brad, he and the mechanic Nick have completely restored my faith in midas and I will without question return to them for any further work my car, or friends or families need done that we just don't have the time or patience to deal with.

Brad worked with me every step of the way, even helping with my budget and providing the best possible prices and options for what my car needed. Nick went above and beyond with the repairs to my car, doing a full break inspection while we waited for my friend to arrive with another opinion. Any and all repairs were absolutely necessary and explained in great detail, additional services were also provided to help offset the cost and make a customer satisfied and for the first time, happy with the repairs made to my vehicle by Midas on Gardiner's road in Kingston Ontario. Thank you, sincerely, Brad and Nick for restoring my faith in Midas and making this a smooth transaction on all behalfs.

Original review: July 22, 2021

On June 14, 2021, I brought my vehicle into this Midas location to have the front brake pads changed, 6689 Route 9 North, Howell, New Jersey 07731. Because I was the only customer in the shop, Fernando, the manager, consistently engaged me in conversation. He somehow managed to talk me into paying for two new front rotors. After reluctantly agreeing to this additional charge, Fernando talked me into having my brake and coolant fluids drained and replaced. I was skeptical about these ancillary charges but relented simply because I always had faith in the Midas name.

The next morning while driving, my vehicle’s temperature gauge suddenly shot up to high. At the same time, my check engine light became illuminated and my car began emitting an “emergency” sound. Trust me, if you heard it, you would immediately know that it was the sound of doom. Absolutely nothing good could come out of the vehicle making this stead5n. By then the anti-freeze had spewed all over the engine and smoke began rising up all over the place. I then called Fernando and he said that he’d send two of his employees right over to my location. He relayed to me how it would take two people to fix the problem, not just one.

Many hours later, when the two employees finally came to my location, they both told me that this problem was caused by the other employee who changed the fluids the day before. I am not a mechanic, but from what I gathered while they were fixing the problem, they said he had made a crucial mistake by allowing air bubbles to get inside the coolant. When air gets into this sealed system, air pockets can form and cause blockages, which can lead to bubbling and overheating.

Both of the employees were very professional and were exceedingly apologetic. They emphasized repeatedly that this problem should never have happened. They insisted that I should have my money refunded as it was 100 percent Midas’ fault for hiring an inexperienced and careless worker. The both of them were there fixing the problem for two to three hours. They told me this is how long it generally takes to have all of the air bubbles removed from the coolant once air gets into it. Before they left, they refilled the anti-freeze and then gave me the container with the remaining coolant. I only have adulation for these two employees, but only contempt for Midas for negligently hiring an inept, unqualified employee.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I took my car in to get brakes. They did the back ones. Almost was killed. There were air bubble from not bleeding. Go back to get front ones and they were very loud. I returned. They told me just loud brakes. Nothing wrong. These were the new ones mind you, got my oil changed at jiffy lube. A guy there said the rotors are warped. Took it back to Midas. They for free put on parts. Now they grind. I am hesitant going back.

Two weeks ago my ac stopped working. They said it was very expensive job I needed. I told them I would bring it back. Google my problem. Ends up it was a sensor you can buy for twenty two bucks. They would not even look at it unless I wanted to pay 150. I told them is all I wanted was it replaced. They refused. I went down the street a one man garage. He was great. Fixed it after I tipped him. Still cheaper than Midas to look at. It works perfect. Really wish they were not independently owned and had a person to answer to my car is having brake problems again after one month.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I do not recommend Midas at all. Robbers. The insurance sent my car to Midas to change battery. Midas robbed me for 650$ for battery change. When asked in auto zone. They said it is 150$. 2 weeks later, the car stopped. I took it to another mechanic who confirmed that battery is old. When contacted Midas for the guarantee. Midas claimed they cannot find me on the system. I do not recommend those robbers to anybody. They should be in jail.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased brakes and rotors in March of 2020. My brakes have been jerking ever since. I returned my car to Midas 6 times. They could not find anything wrong. My vehicle was not jerking before the brakes were installed. No one and I mean no one would help me. I was told because of the pandemic no one could ride with me or test my car. Do car brakes have to be replaced after 20,000 miles. Service was done in Southfield Mi 10 Mile and Telegraph. Give me my money back and I will go elsewhere. So disappointed. I need help.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Took my 2011 Hyundai Tucson to the Midas location in Carpentersville, IL at 20 S Western Ave, for an oil change and tire rotation on Saturday May 8 for a 7:30 AM appointment. Everything went well enough. Later in the day the SUV started making strange noises that were becoming progressively worse as it was driven. Called the manager and brought it back.

They tried to hand us the keys without telling us what the issue was and when pressed for an answer, they told us that only two of the five lug nuts on the rear passenger-side tire were tightened, three were not. No apology and no further explanation after what could have been a potentially hazardous safety issue despite their oversight. Will not be going back and will be steering anyone I know away from them and Midas as a whole.

Original review: May 12, 2021

The Midas shop in New Orleans near downtown sold me a tire which they said was new that had a patch in it. After a little over a year, It started losing pressure and Bridgestone told me there is a patch in the tire.

Midas author review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information