Midas Mufflers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas Mufflers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I was told by Pep Boys, during an inspection, that I was in need of brakes. I was not pleased with their service for the inspection and had no intention of letting them do my brakes. I usually take my car to the dealer, but I was short on time and couldn't get an appointment. On Sunday, August 21, 2022, I called and asked for an appointment. Rob, the manager, told me bring my car in that morning at 10:00 AM. I was attended to right away and I explained that I was told I needed brakes.

The mechanic had my car up on the rake in about five minutes. Shortly after, Rob asked me to join him in the garage. He asked who told me I needed brakes. I told him what Pep Boys told me. He and the mechanic (sorry, can't remember his name) told me my brakes were just fine. They showed me what to look for when the brakes go bad. They said I had another 10,000 miles to go before I needed this expensive repair job. I was almost in tears. It is easy to feel you are getting ripped off, especially as a woman. Rob said there was no way they would charge me for a service that was not needed. I will always take my car to Midas in King of Prussia (KOP) for service. I can't say enough good things about this experience.

Original review: July 24, 2022

$800 brake job, didn't put all the screws back in. This hose was hitting on brakes and wore thru the rubber hose! Seriously? The tech also drove my car like he stole it, but I'm suppose to take car back if any issues really, going to forget something else. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

New Midas Muffler shop on Rainier Renton WA. They charge me $90 for telling me I need a new a/c, he lifted the hood, say their pulley wobbling is new, it was bad when I got there and I had a oil light coming on. They charge $325 for testing oil pressure switch, told me they disconnected and installed a manual one and ran it to test, results need new one, total for repairs $2500. Too much. Called dealer for oil pressure switch and my truck does not have one. They did no testing, they lied to me, basically looked under hood and charged $425 and would have charged me $2500 if I would have took the service.

Original review: June 7, 2022

This took place in April 2021. My brake pads were worn and took them to Midas at 4876 Airway Rd, Dayton, OH 45431 to get them replaced on warranty. I also inquired about tires and ordered a set all around. I needed rotors in front and ordered them also. Chris agreed to do the work while I waited. A little while into the job, Chris calls me out to the shop and shows me that the calipers need replacing. The plungers are extended and he takes a compressing tool to prove to me they need replacing.

The ** uses the tool incorrectly and cannot compress the plungers. I told him to find a way to make them work and put them back on my car. He whined like a child and said, "I can't"! At this point, I should have told him to allow me to use the tool to compress the plungers but I didn't. I went ahead and agreed to have him put new calipers on the front. What I found out later was that he spray painted my originals with silver paint and put them on my car as though they were new.

Later on he calls me back out into the shop to show me he had broken a lug on the right front axle. I asked him what it would cost to fix that and he quotes me $550.00!!! I told him to get his tap and die out to fix the one he broke. He ends up mounting my new tires and I am out there watching him in the shop. My USAF logo valve caps are now missing so I asked him what happened. He fumbles for a minute, then looks in the container with the soapy solution they apply on the bead to help the tire seal on the rim once inflated. There he finds my valve caps.

Before I drove away, he had a bill accumulated to $1500.00+ I had to pay. I had just received a $1400.00 stimulus check from Uncle Slow Joe Biden and Chris was determined to get it all, plus some. I know the law says "Caveat Emptor", Buyer Beware. I was 66 years old when he did this. He bilked a senior citizen. I tried to call corporate and the phone rang and rang and rang for 37 minutes! Corporate is as useless as their stores! They will NEVER get any of my business EVER again.

Original review: March 17, 2022

My 2012 Nissan Murano just stopped running at a stop sign and white smoke was coming out of the hood compartment and the exhaust pipe. The car was towed to Midas in Nanuet. I called the shop to let them know the car was coming and I explained to Mike the situation and I told him the engine light was also on. After diagnostic Mike called me saying I need the following parts: radiator, alternator, battery and 4 tires. The total was $4,104. When I went to pick up the car, the engine light was one and the car started shaking. I brought it back to the shop.

After waiting for five days, a technician called me saying that I had to pay another $1500 to replace the spark plug and the coil, and he was trying to charge me for the alternator. According to him, that was the reason why the car was shaking. Mike corrected him and said the alternator was under warranty, but Mike asked me to pay $900 to get the coil and the spark plug replaced. DO NOT GO THERE. RIP OFF CITY.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Today golden touch was in hands of Hwy 26 Midas mechanic Edwardo/Edward where the part was installed as promised. My systems all back up. Had broken down and was directed what was needed and I was able to get truck to them. Sometimes busy and have to take turns.. Hugs to Hwy 26 Midas!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

**Major Mistake Trusting Midas Brand**

Major mistake taking my car to Midas Houston 3607 Westheimer Road - Service Manager - ** and Store Manager - **. This team under the Midas name do not stand by work and will not make things right when they make mistakes. I brought my car in with a P0420 and was told it was definitely 100% the front catalytic Converter. I paid $1811.73 for the repair. On my way home after the repair, the same code appeared. Management communicated to return to shop, because they must have forgot to reset code. Two additional trips back to Midas with the same code, I was told they now needed to replace the rear converter for an additional $1200.00.

When I asked why wasn't this found during the initial diagnosis I was told if not satisfied, I should take my car to another shop - Major Customer Service failure. When I reached out to another Midas shop and inquired about the P0420 code, they communicated that it meant that one of the converters was most likely bad. They also would need to check O2 sensor and other codes to be sure. I then asked if both converters could be bad with this code and he responded "No, there would be a different code". Based on this information, I paid for a front converter when the rear converter was bad. End result, I trusted the Midas name, my car is not fixed and I'm out $1811.73. Very disappointed in the Midas brand.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I made the mistake of taking my car to Midas as it was only a mile from where I live and working 7 days my schedule is really tight. The car had some electrical problems and I depend on it a lot for my work. They asked for $58 for diagnostics and I agreed, they checked it and said that it needs a new alternator, estimate was $750. They would not even deduct the $58 diagnostics cost from that. I really didn’t have the time to go and shop around and had no choice but to do it. I had a headlight that was out and asked them if they can just put a bulb, they wouldn’t even do this as they said it cost an extra $50…for a light bulb believe it or not. I said no thank you. I fixed the light bulb the next day for $15. I also found out that the alternator new with labor should not cost more than $350. I even wonder if I really need a new alternator. Rude, unfriendly and rip off artists. Stay as far as you can from Midas

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I bought a 2013 Equinox, took it to Midas, US 31 in Greenwood, to be evaluated. I paid $900 for diagnosis and service, “computer error.” Josiah, store manager, told me not to take it back to Beck Toyota, he would be able to fix it. He even looked me in the eye and told me that he would make sure that my car was locked, IT WASN'T LOCKED that night!! A week and a half later my car stops in heavy traffic w/ my elderly mother. We had to stand on the side of the highway for two hours for triple AAA to pick us up. Midas tells me $6,000 for a used engine.

Do not trust MIDAS to diagnose your vehicle and to fix it properly. No apology no refund. Both times that I went to Midas there were ants crawling out of the coffee creamer. Is it because we are women, is it because my mom is a senior citizen, is it because we have no clue about cars? What crooks taking advantage of us, putting our lives in danger after paying you so much and being loyal customers. Shame on You.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The place was a mess and not enough employee to help with the auto mobiles. Also they had dirty greasy hands and the door had dirty hand prints and the service manager was not interested in helping out.

Midas author review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information