Midas Mufflers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas Mufflers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: March 17, 2022

My 2012 Nissan Murano just stopped running at a stop sign and white smoke was coming out of the hood compartment and the exhaust pipe. The car was towed to Midas in Nanuet. I called the shop to let them know the car was coming and I explained to Mike the situation and I told him the engine light was also on. After diagnostic Mike called me saying I need the following parts: radiator, alternator, battery and 4 tires. The total was $4,104. When I went to pick up the car, the engine light was one and the car started shaking. I brought it back to the shop.

After waiting for five days, a technician called me saying that I had to pay another $1500 to replace the spark plug and the coil, and he was trying to charge me for the alternator. According to him, that was the reason why the car was shaking. Mike corrected him and said the alternator was under warranty, but Mike asked me to pay $900 to get the coil and the spark plug replaced. DO NOT GO THERE. RIP OFF CITY.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Today golden touch was in hands of Hwy 26 Midas mechanic Edwardo/Edward where the part was installed as promised. My systems all back up. Had broken down and was directed what was needed and I was able to get truck to them. Sometimes busy and have to take turns.. Hugs to Hwy 26 Midas!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

**Major Mistake Trusting Midas Brand**

Major mistake taking my car to Midas Houston 3607 Westheimer Road - Service Manager - ** and Store Manager - **. This team under the Midas name do not stand by work and will not make things right when they make mistakes. I brought my car in with a P0420 and was told it was definitely 100% the front catalytic Converter. I paid $1811.73 for the repair. On my way home after the repair, the same code appeared. Management communicated to return to shop, because they must have forgot to reset code. Two additional trips back to Midas with the same code, I was told they now needed to replace the rear converter for an additional $1200.00.

When I asked why wasn't this found during the initial diagnosis I was told if not satisfied, I should take my car to another shop - Major Customer Service failure. When I reached out to another Midas shop and inquired about the P0420 code, they communicated that it meant that one of the converters was most likely bad. They also would need to check O2 sensor and other codes to be sure. I then asked if both converters could be bad with this code and he responded "No, there would be a different code". Based on this information, I paid for a front converter when the rear converter was bad. End result, I trusted the Midas name, my car is not fixed and I'm out $1811.73. Very disappointed in the Midas brand.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I made the mistake of taking my car to Midas as it was only a mile from where I live and working 7 days my schedule is really tight. The car had some electrical problems and I depend on it a lot for my work. They asked for $58 for diagnostics and I agreed, they checked it and said that it needs a new alternator, estimate was $750. They would not even deduct the $58 diagnostics cost from that. I really didn’t have the time to go and shop around and had no choice but to do it. I had a headlight that was out and asked them if they can just put a bulb, they wouldn’t even do this as they said it cost an extra $50…for a light bulb believe it or not. I said no thank you. I fixed the light bulb the next day for $15. I also found out that the alternator new with labor should not cost more than $350. I even wonder if I really need a new alternator. Rude, unfriendly and rip off artists. Stay as far as you can from Midas

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I bought a 2013 Equinox, took it to Midas, US 31 in Greenwood, to be evaluated. I paid $900 for diagnosis and service, “computer error.” Josiah, store manager, told me not to take it back to Beck Toyota, he would be able to fix it. He even looked me in the eye and told me that he would make sure that my car was locked, IT WASN'T LOCKED that night!! A week and a half later my car stops in heavy traffic w/ my elderly mother. We had to stand on the side of the highway for two hours for triple AAA to pick us up. Midas tells me $6,000 for a used engine.

Do not trust MIDAS to diagnose your vehicle and to fix it properly. No apology no refund. Both times that I went to Midas there were ants crawling out of the coffee creamer. Is it because we are women, is it because my mom is a senior citizen, is it because we have no clue about cars? What crooks taking advantage of us, putting our lives in danger after paying you so much and being loyal customers. Shame on You.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The place was a mess and not enough employee to help with the auto mobiles. Also they had dirty greasy hands and the door had dirty hand prints and the service manager was not interested in helping out.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I bought a used Dodge Journey with a service contract. When I took it to Midas for service their part charges and labor was so inflated that the insurance company would only cover a small portion. Meanwhile my car is in their shop and probably on a lift. So instead of a $100 deductible to get my car back I paid $386! Did I mention I'm 70 years old and on a fixed income. This is no less than a large corporation raping the consumer! It's too bad the rating stars don't go into the negative.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Brought 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 In for brakes. Replaced front disc pads and turner right front rotor. Replaced both rear shoes and installed new hardware kits. The following day front right disc squeaked every time they were applied. Went back a week later to try and resolve and new quieter pads were installed. Started squeaking the same day. Called and spoke with owner/manager. He stated that the rotor may need replacing and the calipers may need replacing. Took truck into business that specialized in only brakes. They found that new brake pads were installed but caliper guides were not lubricated and the backings were not lubricated. Also found right parking brake cable was not connected! Seems like DOT should investigate practices at Midas because this involves Vehicles SAFETY! Bottom line is Midas does not know what they are doing and speaking about! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I have been Dealing with the Midas Team for over a year now and this Team of professionals are solid. They stand by their clients. They do good work, They are honest, and they go above and beyond. Kevin and Mike, and their team of Knowledgable mechanics have helped me throughout the year with everything from mufflers, to axle seals to you name it. I drive a Nissan Pathfinder so I have put them through a little hell here and there with my Jap crap. Lol But they Get er done every time. No job is too big.

The latest experience was with my transmission packing it in. With covid and wait times ordering parts and having to send me over to an affiliated transmission shop it was an adventure for sure. Some tough times and a long wait for parts to come from Japan etc but These boys went ABOVE and BEYOND to support me and help me get it done right.

When you rely on your vehicle 8 hrs a day like I do servicing the whole city, you need someone you can count on that won't leave you stranded or let you down. MIDAS CARES!!~ They always make things right and their prices are very reasonable for the quality work they do. It's a partnership really. You find a mechanic group that you trust that get to know you. They know your needs they are always there for you. Kevin, Mike and team. Thanks you for getting me through 2020- 2021!! Thank you for helping me on my journey and keeping my wheels rollin!! - I took the time to write this review because these guys deserve it! Had they not gone the extra mile for me I'd truly be in rough shape. But thanks to them I have pulled through with my mechanical woes.

Original review: July 22, 2021

On June 14, 2021, I brought my vehicle into this Midas location to have the front brake pads changed, 6689 Route 9 North, Howell, New Jersey 07731. Because I was the only customer in the shop, Fernando, the manager, consistently engaged me in conversation. He somehow managed to talk me into paying for two new front rotors. After reluctantly agreeing to this additional charge, Fernando talked me into having my brake and coolant fluids drained and replaced. I was skeptical about these ancillary charges but relented simply because I always had faith in the Midas name.

The next morning while driving, my vehicle’s temperature gauge suddenly shot up to high. At the same time, my check engine light became illuminated and my car began emitting an “emergency” sound. Trust me, if you heard it, you would immediately know that it was the sound of doom. Absolutely nothing good could come out of the vehicle making this stead5n. By then the anti-freeze had spewed all over the engine and smoke began rising up all over the place. I then called Fernando and he said that he’d send two of his employees right over to my location. He relayed to me how it would take two people to fix the problem, not just one.

Many hours later, when the two employees finally came to my location, they both told me that this problem was caused by the other employee who changed the fluids the day before. I am not a mechanic, but from what I gathered while they were fixing the problem, they said he had made a crucial mistake by allowing air bubbles to get inside the coolant. When air gets into this sealed system, air pockets can form and cause blockages, which can lead to bubbling and overheating.

Both of the employees were very professional and were exceedingly apologetic. They emphasized repeatedly that this problem should never have happened. They insisted that I should have my money refunded as it was 100 percent Midas’ fault for hiring an inexperienced and careless worker. The both of them were there fixing the problem for two to three hours. They told me this is how long it generally takes to have all of the air bubbles removed from the coolant once air gets into it. Before they left, they refilled the anti-freeze and then gave me the container with the remaining coolant. I only have adulation for these two employees, but only contempt for Midas for negligently hiring an inept, unqualified employee.

Midas author review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information