Midas Mufflers

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Midas Mufflers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Great service, estimate for repairs was reasonable and they completed the work on time. I would like to thank Herb who was very helpful with the quote. They got my car as scheduled and didn't upsell which is a breath of fresh air in the auto industry. The staff was friendly. I will be back!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Called Midas in Winter Haven, asked if they performed oil changes on Mercedes, they replied, "Yes, bring it in." On my way home after Midas performed an oil change, I smell something burning, the temperature gauge is normal, so I proceed until my vision was impaired by the amount of smoke coming out from around my hood, I pull over, lift the hood, and after the smoke subsides, I see puddles of oil, and oil spilled all over different parts of the engine. I called Midas and informed them of the situation, they said to bring the car so they could take a look, I then explained how that probably wouldn't be a good idea considering the obvious.

After they looked at the car after it having to be towed back there, the manager briefly explained there was a malfunction with the "pump" they use to put the oil in, however, couldn't explain why the oil spilled wasn't cleaned up, or why the proper amount of needed oil wasn't replaced, and why there was oil and grease smudges all over the outside, and inside of the car. The manager then said they corrected the problems and car was ready, I arrived and the car hadn't been moved, and was in the same condition they left it in the day prior when I picked it up. I asked what exactly did they do, and the manager said they added more oil.

Due to the amount of oil spill that they left sitting, and car being driven without any oil, resulted in a significant amount of damage to my car, enough damage, I now sit here with no transportation, which is why I have all this extra time to put a warning out for consumers. In addition, I find Google and the Federal Trade Commission partly responsible, for not regulating the validity of reviews posted online.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Yeah, these guys stretched me out real deep two grand for tires rotated, and a brake job. They took turns making me gape. Expensive to say the least. They will round you out real good in here and tell you what you want to hear. I’d rather go to exhaust realtor discount tire or someplace like that. Where they don’t round you out real good. Place is a rip-off.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I had a blown brake line, which should be an easy job. Midas was available to work on the car and hey, they're supposed to be experts at brakes and mufflers. They turned what should have been a simple job into this monstrous affair where they replaced everything. Could not just repair the one blown line, had to do both. After they changed both brake lines they took the car out for a test drive and there were now NO brakes. Started over and replaced more things. They were sure they had it right after replacing rotors, brake pads, calipers, etc. I'm not kidding about what they put on the car, things that were completely unnecessary.

The next test drive had the calipers locking up. Who is working on these cars? What should have cost a few hundred at most was over $1200, and I will never go back. What was supposed to take part of an afternoon took over two days. We keep our car in pristine condition and work on our own cars when we can, so we're not idiots. This was something that should have been easy, and it feels like their whole goal was to increase their bill for their benefit, as though we were idiots. The technician stated afterwards, "We should have listened to you and just repaired that one brake line." We'll never go back. Please don't let this happen to you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I was told by Pep Boys, during an inspection, that I was in need of brakes. I was not pleased with their service for the inspection and had no intention of letting them do my brakes. I usually take my car to the dealer, but I was short on time and couldn't get an appointment. On Sunday, August 21, 2022, I called and asked for an appointment. Rob, the manager, told me bring my car in that morning at 10:00 AM. I was attended to right away and I explained that I was told I needed brakes.

The mechanic had my car up on the rake in about five minutes. Shortly after, Rob asked me to join him in the garage. He asked who told me I needed brakes. I told him what Pep Boys told me. He and the mechanic (sorry, can't remember his name) told me my brakes were just fine. They showed me what to look for when the brakes go bad. They said I had another 10,000 miles to go before I needed this expensive repair job. I was almost in tears. It is easy to feel you are getting ripped off, especially as a woman. Rob said there was no way they would charge me for a service that was not needed. I will always take my car to Midas in King of Prussia (KOP) for service. I can't say enough good things about this experience.

Original review: July 24, 2022

$800 brake job, didn't put all the screws back in. This hose was hitting on brakes and wore thru the rubber hose! Seriously? The tech also drove my car like he stole it, but I'm suppose to take car back if any issues really, going to forget something else. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: July 24, 2022

New Midas Muffler shop on Rainier Renton WA. They charge me $90 for telling me I need a new a/c, he lifted the hood, say their pulley wobbling is new, it was bad when I got there and I had a oil light coming on. They charge $325 for testing oil pressure switch, told me they disconnected and installed a manual one and ran it to test, results need new one, total for repairs $2500. Too much. Called dealer for oil pressure switch and my truck does not have one. They did no testing, they lied to me, basically looked under hood and charged $425 and would have charged me $2500 if I would have took the service.

Original review: June 7, 2022

This took place in April 2021. My brake pads were worn and took them to Midas at 4876 Airway Rd, Dayton, OH 45431 to get them replaced on warranty. I also inquired about tires and ordered a set all around. I needed rotors in front and ordered them also. Chris agreed to do the work while I waited. A little while into the job, Chris calls me out to the shop and shows me that the calipers need replacing. The plungers are extended and he takes a compressing tool to prove to me they need replacing.

The ** uses the tool incorrectly and cannot compress the plungers. I told him to find a way to make them work and put them back on my car. He whined like a child and said, "I can't"! At this point, I should have told him to allow me to use the tool to compress the plungers but I didn't. I went ahead and agreed to have him put new calipers on the front. What I found out later was that he spray painted my originals with silver paint and put them on my car as though they were new.

Later on he calls me back out into the shop to show me he had broken a lug on the right front axle. I asked him what it would cost to fix that and he quotes me $550.00!!! I told him to get his tap and die out to fix the one he broke. He ends up mounting my new tires and I am out there watching him in the shop. My USAF logo valve caps are now missing so I asked him what happened. He fumbles for a minute, then looks in the container with the soapy solution they apply on the bead to help the tire seal on the rim once inflated. There he finds my valve caps.

Before I drove away, he had a bill accumulated to $1500.00+ I had to pay. I had just received a $1400.00 stimulus check from Uncle Slow Joe Biden and Chris was determined to get it all, plus some. I know the law says "Caveat Emptor", Buyer Beware. I was 66 years old when he did this. He bilked a senior citizen. I tried to call corporate and the phone rang and rang and rang for 37 minutes! Corporate is as useless as their stores! They will NEVER get any of my business EVER again.

Original review: March 17, 2022

My 2012 Nissan Murano just stopped running at a stop sign and white smoke was coming out of the hood compartment and the exhaust pipe. The car was towed to Midas in Nanuet. I called the shop to let them know the car was coming and I explained to Mike the situation and I told him the engine light was also on. After diagnostic Mike called me saying I need the following parts: radiator, alternator, battery and 4 tires. The total was $4,104. When I went to pick up the car, the engine light was one and the car started shaking. I brought it back to the shop.

After waiting for five days, a technician called me saying that I had to pay another $1500 to replace the spark plug and the coil, and he was trying to charge me for the alternator. According to him, that was the reason why the car was shaking. Mike corrected him and said the alternator was under warranty, but Mike asked me to pay $900 to get the coil and the spark plug replaced. DO NOT GO THERE. RIP OFF CITY.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Today golden touch was in hands of Hwy 26 Midas mechanic Edwardo/Edward where the part was installed as promised. My systems all back up. Had broken down and was directed what was needed and I was able to get truck to them. Sometimes busy and have to take turns.. Hugs to Hwy 26 Midas!

Midas author review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information