Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Midas Mufflers

Midas Mufflers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Midas Mufflers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

My experience with the team at 116 Daniel Webster Hwy location was the best. The Manager was extremely courteous, straight forward and professional in my dealings with his shop. I would recommend this Midas shop to anyone who needs or wants automotive repair or maintenance work. They Rock!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Several months ago, my mother's air conditioning stopped working in her car. It was extremely hot weather and I was very concerned about my 80 y/o mother driving around without A/C. I was also concerned about my mother trying to go out on her own to get her A/C fixed at a reasonable price. After shopping around for a fair price, we ended up at Midas on N Western Ave in Chicago. The manager, Keith **, was unbelievably helpful. Not only did he have the A/C fixed at a reasonable price, he also checked the car thoroughly and made me feel confident that my mother wouldn't have a breakdown while driving alone.

He made some simple suggestions about the cars maintenance and refilled all of the fluids needed and put air in the tires. He arranged for us to get a ride back home, as the car needed to stay overnight. He assured me that my mom's car was road worthy and put any concerns I had to rest. I have waited several months to post this review because I wanted to make sure that the car was running perfectly without any further issues. In my opinion, Kieth ** definitely went above and beyond in helping us! My mom refuses to take her car anywhere else and I am completely comfortable with that!!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

My experience at Midas has always been a positive one, quick services at a fair price would definitely recommend. Oil changes are fast not to mention they check all other aspects of the vehicle as well as refilling freon and checking tire rotation.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had a flat tire and they fixed it in one hour even they were super busy in the end of day. They concerned my car and tried to save my money. In addition, the manager warned me for not driving in the flat tire to protect my safety. I appreciate Midas did the excellent service for their customer!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Better than expected; I called on a Friday afternoon for a Saturday appointment. They said if you could leave it Saturday they would fit it in at some point, for a change of tires, winter to summer. I drop the car off on a Friday night. Saturday morning at 8:30 AM I received a phone call saying that the tires had been changed and the winter tires were bagged and placed in my vehicle. What more could I ask for. Appreciate good service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midas?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Midas scam at 547 Gardiners RD Kingston Ontario. November 26 2019, I took my truck in to Midas Kingston to have the oil changed and the brakes checked. ** asked me to follow her to my truck. It was on the hoist with the wheels off. She said that the calipers where rusted and not working. This truck has 66,000 km on it. ** said the back brakes were not working at all and the calipers were seized. They could tell all this with just wheels off and the calipers still on the truck. Why I said fix I don't know.

** then said the brake fluid should be flushed, I said no. I have been driving for over 50 years and have replaced one caliper in all that time. ** called me over to pay the bill $2155.61. Included in the bill was $99.99 for total brake flush and bleed and $99.00 for brake pads that they were advertising on tv as free. I paid the bill and headed home. Once I hit the highway it had a bad vibration in the back. I called her immediately. She said to bring it back in. She came over to tell me the front calipers were seized. I said, "Get it down and let me get out of there."

I went home and wrote a review on their web page that never got put on the page because if you notice there are 95 reviews on it all 5 stars. Two day later the ** (GM) called and said bring it so they can make right. I took it in and the vibration was a broken belt in the back wheel (they did this because it was fine when I took it in). He said he would give a good deal on a new tire. When they were done the bill was $517.53. He said they changed both back tires because you can't mismatch them.

Now really --ssed off I left for home once on the highway I have a vibration in the back. Can you believe this place. This truck is so bad now I don't want it anymore. Oh yeah the brakes squeal when I stop now. If they had their way they would have changed all rotors, brake pads and all calipers and all 4 tires. DON'T GO TO MIDAS.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I went in to get my two front tires changed over. Was told it would be in and out and cost 50.00. The bill 122.19. Well it took over an hour and my car was fine when I went in but after I left my two brand new front tires need air every couple of days. My steering assistant is fault, my hill assist is not working. My wheel hubs need to be replaced. The service guy threatened me and told me my car is so back he is not giving it back to me unless I get this stuff fixed. I told him I don't have money for all that. To put my car back together and I will take it home. I would never recommend this place to anyone. My tires were brand new when I took them there and I had no issues with my car until I left there.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I went to Midas on Elmira Rd in Ithaca NY for an oil change and to find out what repairs need to be done first. I received honest doable advice instead of a giant bill!!! I will recommend midas on Elmira for sure!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

$2.2k to fix one windshield wiper, yes, one windshield wiper. The wiper was not FULLY touching the glass, the motor and the linkage were fine. DO NOT TRUST MIDAS and drop off your car to get fixed without doing the following: take a video of the issue; be there in person to watch the diagnostic/review of the situation; DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING OVER THE PHONE. Even corporate advised to get an invoice emailed and review the estimate of charges before discussing potential fixes.

More backstory: We dropped off our car to fix a simple issue -- the BLADE on the windshield wiper on the driver's side was not fully touching the glass. My husband wanted to wait to explain the issue, the manager told him to just leave the car there. Trust = our first mistake. Manager called and claimed that the car was broken in areas that it was not -- the motor worked fine as the blade was moving. They claimed that the other wiper was no longer working when it was when we dropped off the car. I believe that they caused an electrical issue when "tinkering" with our car and created a compound issue. It's not a Honda, though the manager claimed that he was experienced with fixing our car. Lies, lies and more lies.

They charged us to "fix" it, without sending an invoice to review the terms beforehand. Husband denied the issue and the charges. Called corporate to contest. Corporate requested an invoice be emailed. According to corporate, invoice was written incorrectly. It was unclear whether any work had been performed. Corporate had to call to resolve. Manager lied and said the car was fixed. Husband picked it up and the blade of the driver's side windshield wiper was still not touching the glass. This was the issue we brought the car in for. After they broke the car, they never even fixed the issue for why it was brought in. The audacity.

Called again to receive an additional invoice after more "work" had taken place -- I wanted to know how much they were going to charge to replace the windshield wiper. Manager claimed that he could not email an invoice (he said he did not have the power/capable to do so), when another team member, who reports to him, had done this before. When I mentioned this, the manager then claimed the internet was not working. This, again, was a request from corporate. Why is the manager denying the consumer a receipt? Bogus.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he denied me, a woman, the opportunity. He laughed, taunted and stated that he wouldn't "bother his supervisor" about my request. He also told me that the calls are not monitored; though, legally, they should be if they are discussing pricing and confirmations over the phone. He hung up. Repulsive. What type of company hires a person to lead a team that treats customers this way? Is it because I am a woman? Was that the reason why my request to speak to his superior was denied? Or, is it because I am smart enough to question and see through the scam he is tasked with operating here. Very, very suspect.

I am not sure if the company is trying to meet numbers toward the end of the year, but the manager is a liar and is operating a scam. We will never take our cars to get serviced there again. Have yet to hear from a supervisor or the franchise owner, so you can bet that this type of treatment is condoned by leadership. I should have taken our car to the dealership; I am confident that they would have diagnosed the issue correctly and the fees would not have been nearly as steep. Plus, they would have washed the car and that is always a plus.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

On Saturday November 9th I attended my appointment at Midas Newmarket (1-1095 Ringwell Dr) to have the winter tires change over on my vehicle. Not too long after dropping my vehicle off, I received a voicemail from Steve advising that there was an issue regarding the wheel lock key breaking and that I would need to take the vehicle to the dealership to get a new wheel lock. When I called Steve back, he advised me the nut broke and it was stuck. He told me that I would have to my vehicle to the dealership to have it fix. Before I went to collect my vehicle, I called the dealership and they advised that it would cost $164 to remove the broken wheel lock where the key broke inside it and $20 to replace the key.

When I went to collect my vehicle from the shop, I told Steve about the dealership costs associated and he advised me that it's not their responsibility. I advised him that my vehicle was left in his care and custody, who then broke the wheel lock. He kept reiterating that it's not his responsible and tried everything to get me to take my vehicle and leave the premises. I asked to speak with the owner and I was told I would have to come back Monday.

I took my vehicle to the dealership and they advised that the mechanic most likely used an impact wrench versus doing it by hand. They advised this part does not break easily and if they did do it by hand, they would have found it was too tight. The Midas mechanic then should have advised me regarding the situation. When mechanics use the impact wrench, there is no gauge if the nut is tight or not. Thankfully, the dealership didn’t charge me the full estimate value they quoted me when I called and only charged me $92.

On Monday November 11, I called the owner Kamal and explained the situation. He offered me a store credit, but when I advised him that I am not comfortable with taking my vehicle back to the shop, he said ok leave it with him and he will speak with the shop manager Steve and would get back to me. Kamal called me on Tuesday November 12 to advise me that he spoke with the shop manager Steve and then told me the same thing that I was told previously, that “It's not their fault the lock broke and that they are not responsible” and then offered me the store credit again.

I explained given my experience that I would not be taking my vehicle back to the shop and all I was looking for was the reimbursement of the dealership's labour costs ($92) and not even the replacement key ($20). He said the store credit is all that they could do. I left my vehicle in their care and custody and the shop failed to communicate prior to the nut breaking or that it was tight. The mechanic was neglectful in his actions and offering a store credit is selfishly trying to secure my business which I was clear that I would not revisit this shop.

Midas expert review by Lauren Fix

Midas was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Illinois. They were originally known for their muffler service, and Midas stands for Muffler Installation Dealers’ Associated Service. Midas now has more than 1,200 company-owned and franchise locations across the United Sates and is a part of TBC Corporation.

• Estimates: Interested consumers can visit Midas’ website to request an estimate from their local Midas location. A local employee will call the customer within a few hours.

• MyMidas: Customers can create a MyMidas account. It allows them to keep track of their service history, get special coupons and/or book an appointment.

• Guarantees: Midas offers lifetime guarantees on struts, shocks, shoes, mufflers and brake pads. They offer limited lifetime guarantees on many other services/products. Some limitations do apply, so interested consumers should ask about their specific vehicles and service before having any work done.

• Online scheduling: After selecting the location they would like to visit, interested customers can book an appointment online. Appointments made online must be at least four business days in the future. For an earlier appointment, customers have to call the store.

• Best for: Midas performs services to meet the needs of most consumers looking for basic automotive maintenance and repair services.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Midas Mufflers Company Information