National Tire & Battery

National Tire & Battery (NTB)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Went to NTB last year for 2 new tires. That part was easy. After the girl charged me for the tires, she also charged me for lifetime rotation and balancing which I didn't need because front and rear tires are different sizes. After the "technician" couldn't get one of the lug nuts off, I had to go show him how to do it. He said if he used an extractor he wouldn't be able to get the nut out of it. Again, I had to show him how to do it. Needless to say I didn't notice the extra charges until the next day when I looked at the readout of charges. I'll never, ever go back to any NTB for anything.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Camfield Corners, Charlotte, NC location. Two occasions. First, a simple routine inspection. Did not pass due to NTB (very strongly) recommending immediate service (by them) for something they aren't supposed to inspect. Yet they collected their inspection fee. The car is fine. Passed inspection elsewhere without a problem. Second, a simple oil change and tire rotation (different car). !!! They say tie rods are bad and the car isn't safe/undrivable. But they will be glad to fix it for $1,000. Had someone else look at it. No problems found. Bad business/manager going on at that location.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I bring my car in to have 4 tires mounted and balanced... I was told that the mechanic recommended that i replace the windshield wipers because there is some streaking and change the cabin air filter because it's dirty... Im thinking hmmm????... I just replaced the cabin air filter and wipers a couple days ago...then they tell me that there’s too much oil and i need an oil change... Hmmm???? I just got an oil change at the dealership a couple days ago... I dont believe that there’s too much oil there...

I get home and let the oil settle and check the dipstick...just as i thought... Not overfilled... but if it were could they just drain some out? And im pretty sure the mechanics at the nissan dealership know how to change oil... They never overfilled it before and they have changed at least 10 times... never any overfilled oil symptoms... I now drive the car home... hop on the interstate and there’s vibrations in the steering wheel at high speeds. Im thinking oh God please tell me they balanced the tires... They are shady... but im not surprised they did this... Im sure they’re told to do it...

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I had a 5:00pm appointment just to have my vehicle tires balanced and rotated. I did not leave until 7:10 pm. The workers did their fair share of talking to each other while my vehicle sat in the bay. I do not recommend the 1110 East West Highway (Silver Spring, Maryland), unless you have nothing better to do. I should have known better when the other customer in the waiting area told me she had an appointment but had been waiting for over 2 hours just to get an oil change!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I have been taking my Lexus to NTB for the past 4 years now. I absolutely love the NTB family. They have great customer service and they also get the job done in a timely manner. I love my NTB family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I had four new tires installed on my Audi A4 and have had nothing but trouble ever since. First it was the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). I paid for all new sensors but got a warning light 2 miles down the road. I've had it back THREE times and today they swore they fixed it but just a few miles away the light came back on. Then I had the slow air leak in one of the brand new tires and they haven't been able to fix that either. If the sheer incompetence wasn't bad enough, you have to wait well beyond the estimated time for this terrible service. In repair attempt #2 I had a 10am appointment but at 10:45 my car was still not in the garage so I took an Uber home. So $600 later I do have new tires but one has an air leak and another reports a TPMS error. Going back a fourth time is out of the question so I just feel frustrated and ripped off.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Went to NTB on Clearview in Metairie, La. because one of my rear windows would not work. I was told that I needed a power window motor and regulator assembly which cost $419.79 plus labor of $104.39 plus other fees and taxes which totaled $597.80. I thought this sounded outrageous and after coming home and researching by phone and computer I ended up paying $401.94 at Pep Boys, saving $195.86. The part directly from the Dealership was $221.21 plus tax not $419.79 plus tax. I was being overcharged by NTB $198.25 just for the part. Having done business with this company for several years I feel that I have been duped and paid lots more for my purchases and services than necessary. I will not be returning and giving away my hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I chose NTB for a routine maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, etc). SIMPLE THINGS... And every time I have gone there I have had problems with my car afterward having them work on it. Today, I took my car for the usual routine maintenance and not to mention the wait was almost 2 hours and my check engine was on. The lady even seen my check engine light on before I got into my car and she didn't say a word about it. I seen it when I got into my car So I went back inside to have them run a diagnostic test on it. The code was found, so they reset it so the check engine light went off and I was on my way. I thought..

Then I had another like come on and it was the throttle transmission powertrain light. There's no reason why this light should have been. My car lost all acceleration. I got back to NTB and It was no big deal to them that they had forgotten to plug in I connector for my transmission. This was a word horrible service I've ever seen in my life. Where you want your car messed up go there but if you don't want your car messed up I would not about you ever go there!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I have purchased 3 sets of tires and have had NTB regularly maintain my 2 vehicles for several years. On 10/16/19, I had a scheduled service for a tire rotation and oil change for one of my vehicles. My son brought the vehicle in with a post card for a $19.99 Oil change, tire rotation, etc. After the technician tried to up sell him on a more expensive maintenance service and waiting an hour and a half, the vehicle was returned. In reviewing the invoice, I noticed that I was charged more than $19.99 and that the tires were not rotated. (These are tires I bought from NTB in January 2019, so rotation is always free.) I also noticed about a cup of oil on my garage floor.

I immediately called NTB to express my disappointment and anger. I was told that the work order did not include a tire rotation, despite my request for one and the post card stating it was included, but I could bring the car back the next day. My son returned the next day, waited another hour for the rotation. He was told that the coupon was not valid for my car because it took 5 1/2 quarts and that the oil was not leaking but the oil pan was not cleaned off well enough. An oil change and tire rotation are standard car maintenance, there is no reason for us to make 2 trips, spend 2 1/2 hours, and have oil all over my garage floor. NTB has records of my tire purchases and should automatically rotate tires. Finally, why wasn't the pan cleaned out better? Very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Went to NTB on September 25 2019 with my 2015 Audi a7 with 55000 for a Appointment to have a oil change at 3pm. At 6pm I was told that I can not drive my car out of the shop. After the tech did the oil change it was making noise like something was rattling inside the motor. Had car towed to Audi the next day and found out something was dropped in the motor when oil change was done. Manager of that store was races. He refuse to have the car fixed the right way. Only thing they authorize was a or change then they had a assurance company come look at the car and to this day we're still without a core. They refuse to take the responsibility and pay for our core so now we have to get a lawyer involved at the Tech drop something down in the motor from a simple oil change.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information