Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
National Tire & Battery (NTB)
3.48/5

National Tire & Battery

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

We needed two new tires, so we bought them at NTB and had the store change them. Due to sheer negligence, none of the lug bolts were tightened after the tires were changed. This is such a basic part of changing tires, and such a basic thing to check for quality assurance. There is no excuse for not tightening bolts after a tire change. My husband was going 70 mph on the highway when he got into trouble. All of the lug bolts either went missing, were warped, or sheared off. The tires rattled. He could have gotten into a very serious car wreck. He was stranded for twelve hours. A tow truck had to come retrieve him and the car. When the Interstate Emergency Services took over and looked at the car, there was extensive damage done to the rims, all of the bolts, and they disassembled the brakes/brake pads because there was damage back there too. All in all, we got stuck with a bill for around $1000 for repairs, parts, and the cost of towing.

Interstate Emergency Services contacted NTB at the corporate level because none of these damages or expenses would have happened if not for their negligence. Corporate said it "wasn't their policy to pay this bill." So, they put an absurd company policy before the life of their customer, and it wasn't until IES gave NTB hell, that they agreed to issue a reimbursement check. We're expecting it on Friday but I'm not even hopeful it will come, given their callous attitude and how they argued against being held accountable for their negligence. We'll be filing a lawsuit if we are not properly reimbursed.

NTB simply has no idea the danger they put us in, the emotional and financial stress of damages done to our car, let alone my husband going through roughly 18 hours of hell between being stranded at night, being towed, waiting for a shop to open in the morning, waiting for all the parts and labor, finding a way to foot the bill until the reimbursement check supposedly comes, and recovering from the scare of two tires rattling so bad he nearly lost control of the car on a highway in Pennsylvania, in mountains with no guard rails. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE ON ALL COUNTS, NTB. Shame on you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Service date = 06-03-19 Order # ** - Location - 986 E. US 80, Forney Texas, 75126-8613 I tried to submit a complaint on their web site, but failed to submit, tried calling corporate # 800-741-7261, but when entering #4 for complaints no response. I had made an appointment for 11:30 am for my truck to replace 2 tires, when I arrived, he gave me an estimate of 1.5 hours, so I waited in the waiting room. Approximately 30 minutes later David the manager asked me to look at my truck, and pointed out that one of the two front tires that was going to replace the back tires had small cracks on the side wall, so he gave me a price to replace all four tires, I said ok. My total wait time ended up being 2 hours and 45 minutes.

On top of that, I noticed my truck was pulled up to the front, but no one contacted me for an additional 10 minutes. One of the caps on the front passenger tire was off, and three of the plastic lugs was missing. I know originally one was missing. David told me the cap was broken, and felt it could fly off while driving. When I arrived at home, I noticed the driver's side cap had all of the plastic lugs loose. This was a very bad experience, and I have no intentions of doing business with your company again. Looking at the reviews now I see I am not the only one having problems. If I ran my business this way, I would not have a business!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I don't normally give reviews for companies but the NTB located on Watson Way in Fredericksburg VA left me with absolutely no faith in anyone in that store. One rep actually told me something was wrong with my car but that nothing needed to be done about it at this time. The problem would not hurt my car in any way. I got a second opinion from a loyal friend and realized not only was the rep untruthful in what was wrong but it ended up costing me more because the problem ended up causing more problems. On another matter, even though I have the tire service plan, they've only balance 1 tire at each rotation - not all four. Was told by another NTB that this was plain laziness on their part. I guess the best thing to do is stay away from this store. Second best, get everything said and done in writing and by all means BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have to say I hate to give a negative review because the staff at the location I have used in Addison, TX are so incredibly polite and friendly. However, I have been there three separate times and have had issues every single time. First off, they NEVER give a correct estimate on how long the job will take. They told me an inspection would take about 45 minutes. It took 90 minutes (and no, it's not because they found anything wrong with the car). An oil change was supposed to take less than an hour and I was there another 90 minutes. Made an appointment to have four new tires put on and they told me 60 - 90 minutes. It took 2 1/2 hours!

I had them install new windshield wipers when they did the oil change and they put the wrong size blades on the car. The first time I used them, they kept getting hung up and I had to go back and get them replaced. I had a flat tire and wound up needing to replace all 4 tires. They put the spare back in the well but didn't bother to fasten it down. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I take it to a Firestone near my office because I keep hearing a noise I can't identify. They showed me what the issue was and fixed it with no charge. I love that they are close and their prices are good but if you never know how long it is actually going to take to perform the services and if they can't even remember to fasten down the spare tire when they put it back in the car, it is just easier to go somewhere else.

Original review: May 4, 2019

NTB Cedar Road Chesapeake VA did an oil and filter change this morning. I pulled the dipstick after the service and the oil was black as tar. I have had this work done here in past and the dipstick was always much cleaner. I showed this to the manager and he laughed and dismissed me. I was cheated and will not be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: May 2, 2019

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE!!! Before I begin, I would like to say that I have brought at least 4 cars to this location. So I take my 1999 Jeep Cherokee in and ask them to check the crankshaft position sensor, a diagnostic charge of about $130 to be added in to any authorized repair. I get a phone call about 3 hours later telling me that I need to replace my alternator and the belt...to the tune of $660.00 plus tax & shop's fees etc. A new alternator costs about $150-$175 for a good one. Jerry tells me that the reason it's so expensive is because of the warranty upcharge...but could not tell me how much the upcharge actually is, and that the warranty cannot be removed???

Additionally they tell me that these repairs need to be done before the original problem can be diagnosed despite the fact that I drove it in just fine. Based on current events I'm estimating that they would have charged me an additional $300-$400 to replace the sensor which is at best a $65 part. WOW!!! NICE TRY!! I'm taking my business elsewhere & I would suggest you readers do the same.

Original review: April 30, 2019

On Sunday, April 28th we stopped at NTB in Monroeville because my tire was losing air. I was told the tire had a nail in it. They patched the tire and replace the TPMS sensor. When I go to leave work yesterday my tire has 15 pounds of air in it. I have to go back to NTB and I was told that they could not find the leak at first. He said they found a small pin hole in the tread of the tire. Seriously, if it's a pinhole I don't think the tire could lose 23 pounds of air in a 24 hour period. I will never go back to NTB again. Very unsatisfied & disgusted customer.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We were driving from Florida to Delaware and on 495 the driver tire starting shaking and pulling. It was around 6:10 pm so we knew that we only had up to 7:00 to make it to a NBT. So we got off the nearest exit knowing that we would have to backtrack to get to the nearest NBT. We got to the NBT on Parris Island GTWY in South Carolina with 9 mins to spare but the manager would not take our business and did not care that we still had 10 more hours of driving with a van of 5 people including children. WORST customer care EVER. Thankfully right around the bend was Safehands Discount Tires who was so awesome to stay and change our tire which took 14 mins to do. Please do not go to NBT on Parris Island and instead go to Safehands Discount Tires also on Parris Island.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Buyer beware and stay away. This is one toilet of a company. They will never take any responsibility for their actions. I've had trouble with them for two years now and they just keep blowing smoke up my **! Now my daughter, we got her 4 tires for her Mazda and wouldn't you know she has steel belts showing through them. Oh yeah, they have 37k miles on them and what does the clown named Brad say?? "Those are 50k mile tires and they weren't rotated so we'll give you 10% off the next set." Excuse me, maybe my math sucks but 37k miles is lower than 50k and rotating them is not gonna keep them from all going bald. This morning she got a blowout on the freeway. Now when you put my family in harm's way, you will get the scumbag treatment because that's all you are, a SCUMBAG!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I went in for front end alignment. Picked up the car about an hour later. Paid $99.73 for an alignment the will need to be redone again. The man told me I need new tires and control arm so they did the best they could. I questioned why didn't he check it first for 20$ as stated on the board? Man replied he didn't know that the control arm was bad and tires are weathered. Sounds like I am paying for his incompetency. Now he proceeded to tell me I have bad struts. That's baloney because I requested an alignment because I have new struts and tie rod ends. As far as weathered tires, alignment are taken from the wheels, not the tires. To top it off, I had to approach the counter and ask if my car is ready because I noticed it was sitting in the parking lot for 20 minutes after it got of the lift. Poor, incompetent, dishonest business.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information