2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Toyota hits a home run every year with the flagship Lexus LS460. The car is put together flawlessly. The mechanical parts roar and purr and make reassuring sounds as the interior parts cuddle you in refined comfort. I have well over 200,000 miles on my 2007 model and no intention of trading it in the near future. In most ways this classic machine is just getting broken in about now. I have followed all recommended service calls, both in and now long out of warranty, and been rewarded with a vehicle that still rules the road. It shines almost as brilliantly after a good wash now as it did right off the showroom floor. I could not be happier with how it just continues to amaze me with its durability and reliability. Yeah, the sticker shock is difficult, but 12 years later it is barely but a memory of a tremendous decision. Thank you, Lexus.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Lexus reliability and service is mostly what I recommend. We own two Lexus and going forward, will probably always own Lexus vehicles. They are comfortable riding and driving with almost no road noise. The instrument panel and in dash navigation system and music system is very good. AND, the handling and responsiveness of the vehicle. We had an issue with our Lexus SUV in that the front end alignment would not stay in place for even a month. We went on line and saw that several Lexus owners had reported the problem. Lexus worked with us to find a solution and shouldered the cost of fixing the problem. The proposed solution worked and the fact that they covered the cost was a very pleasant surprise. Yes the car was under manufacturer's warranty, but past experience has been that the dealership finds a reason why is not a warranty issue and passes the cost onto the car owner.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I never thought of owning a premium vehicle. The track record of this company (Toyota) indicates a real commitment to quality that is built in. I might have bought the Highlander but I didn't. No remorse here. For a luxury vehicle the ride is a little bit harsh, but I like that, it handles well for a big vehicle. It is fast, much faster than the 4.0l ford ranger it replaced. Fuel economy? Meh, not great at 20mpg on average. The 3.5l V-6 is already a legend being in production a very long time. The six speed automatic is very nice and inspires confidant driving. Comfortable? Oh yeah, the heated (or cooled) leather seats more than make up for any road harshness.

In a word this RX350 is fabulous. I have the base model and it sure is well equipped BUT, to tell the truth I do not find the infotainment system all that user friendly and as such, about the only part I use is the radio, not the Sirius radio. Lexus demands some big money to keep updates fresh, so they can keep it. I would rather use my Android phone. The market seems to favor SUV's. If you're in that market, be sure to test drive a new or used (pre owned) RX350. While you're at it check the resale prices on a ten year old model of your choice.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I purchase new cars about every 3 yrs, This Lexus is the best value I have ever gotten for my money, I find no need to ever go back to any other manufacture, the quality, features, handling is by far better than any of my other experiences... I do not usually spend money on upgrades, but I like this car so much I just had ceramic coating applied last week. The technician had told me the Lexus has the thickest and best paint of most cars...It turned out amazing!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have owned 6 Lexus, previously RX350. This is my first NX and it won't be my last. It's not quite as luxurious as the RX but the price is considerably cheaper. After a few months of driving it I do not miss the RX. It's just a little bit smaller, small enough to make parking easier but big enough to still haul all the things I used to. It drives wonderful, firm yet comfortable. While I've only had the car a few months, if it's anything like my past Lexus, it will be very reliable and maintenance free.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have a 2008 Lexus Rx350 with a cracked and melted dashboard and Lexus refuses to help in any way even though thousands of cars had this same issue. Lexus is substandard and their customer service is below par. I do not recommend anyone to buy a Lexus. You will be sorry because they do not stand behind their vehicles. I was never notified about this dashboard issue so by them saying I didn't react in time is a stupid reason not to help with a product they they know... has been an issue all along.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Lexus ES300H is my dream car. Become my nightmare now. My new car water leaking into the car within 6 months & 8 months. The 1st incident was the sunroof leaking and the 2nd incident was the aircon evaporator coil. I am very disappointed such a premium given such problem. Furthermore, Lexus Service Centre does not have the spare parts on hand. Therefore, I got to wait for a month plus for Lexus Service Centre to repair it.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have been driving Lexus RX series since 2004 and Germain Lexus of Dublin Ohio is my dealer that I dealt with all those years. Just recently, I returned my leased 2017 RX350 and purchased 2020 RX350L. The deal was to forgive me for all remaining payments on my lease and to forgive me for the excessive mileage. Everything was verbally and was not in writing.

Once I got my new 2020 RX350L, few weeks later I received an invoice from Lexus Financial Services to pay for excessive mileage. I called Lexus Financial Services and said the deal was to forgive me, they said, "You have to contact Germain dealership and remind them to pay us the bill," I did and the sales manager I dealt with said that the deal was I have to pay for excessive mileage. I am 100% positive that he is not correct but unfortunately, there is nothing in writing to proof my case. I wrote a complaint on Germain’s website but no one contacted me, I also left a voicemail for the General Manager but he didn't return my call.

My advice is to get every promise in writing before you sign anything.

Original review: June 26, 2020

2013 Lexus RX350, zero accident, South County Maintained at 62K miles it already had Cylinder head gasket leak. Failed to meet my expectations of 100k miles... Failed to meet the Reliability Pedestal.

Original review: June 24, 2020

About 15000 miles I noticed the leather coloring wearing off. When I called about it they said no problem under bumper to bumper warranty. Mind you I weigh 155 and my wife weighed 125. When taking it in for airbag recall with now 30000 miles and still under warranty I mentioned the seats. They have refused to repair it or replace them. I have a 1994 F350 we towed the race car with and 200000 miles and seats perfect. Any other vehicle I have owned, I'm 70 and owned quite a few, never had coloring worn off the seats. On my 2010 Lexus didn't have a problem. But now I guess they are saying we can't meet the quality of all the other car manufactures. This is totally wrong what they do and should be held accountable and take care of the defect.

Lexus Company Information