3.5/5 (1892 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Lexus

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I purchased a 2023 Lexus ES and only ONE day later I leased a Lexus NX, both from the same dealership. The first car was driven home and was 17lb overweight on tire and needed an alignment. The 2nd car had the wrong VIN number and the contract, tag and all information had to be re-done. There is ZERO quality control. I called Consumer Affairs and spoke to a very nice, empathetic lady named Elle who said I could contact her again if I needed to. She sent the case over to a 'manager' named Israel, who called and said they 'don't handle anything like this - only cars that have warranty issues'. So I spent $125,000 and Lexus does not stand behind its brand, reputation, care about its customers and you actually cannot call back your original person. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I purchased an RX last week and had some issues with the infotainment system that it came with. It would not load my wife's profile, who's the primary driver. I contacted customer service yesterday, and the Case Manager that I contacted was very nice and helpful. Found out the issue is that the vehicle could not create a user profile because I had opted out of a trial internet connection for the vehicle. They fixed that my agreeing for a trial. Today, I tried to set up the profile again, and this time, the vehicle can see the profile, but cannot change to it. So I contacted Lexus again. I asked whether it's possible to speak to the lady I spoke with before - she knows the background. They said I would have to call tomorrow because they have decided to transfer my call to someone else, who is only available tomorrow! When I asked a few times whether someone can help me now, the lady grudgingly said she can help.

After half an hour of trouble-shooting, removing car from profile, re-adding, resetting and starting from scratch, I found myself in exactly the same situation - the vehicle profile has become "Guest" instead of my wife, who's the primary driver. Their final suggestion is to drive the car to the dealer and see if they can help! It's no longer worth spending any more time on it. We don't really need the internet bells and whistles that the Lexus comes with, anyhow, so we're going to use it logged in as "Guest"! We feel like Lexus is overpriced, overbearing, over-rated and maybe should be overthrown (lol)!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Worst SUV I have ever owned. So many problems it`s insane. Lexus is over rated. All my other trucks and cars put together didn`t have these problems. 6 months old. 6500 km on the SUV. Crazy. Been to dealer 6 times so far and called roadside assistance 1 time.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I have a 2019 Lexus NX300 with 35K miles. On December 26th 2022 the car stalled without warning on the interstate almost killing me and endangering those around me. I took the car to the dealership on the 27th who after a 3 hour wait said they didn’t know what’s wrong with it. They later called me and asked me if I can take the car and test drive it, which I was not comfortable with since they didn’t actually identify the cause of the problem and it would put me and others in harm's way. After 11 days, this is the sign-out I received:

- Replaced the fuel pump (even though they told me repeatedly before it was NOT the issue).
    - The engine light came on for an electronic board issue due to the engine or throttle malfunctioning- they told me that this wasn’t really an error and they cleared the error by resetting the electronic board.
    - I got a notification from my Lexus app that there is an error with the all wheel drive which was not addressed, nor mentioned to me.

- The battery needed to be replaced.

So all in all sounds like I wasted a ton of money on this “Luxury” car which really is a piece of *crap*. I will be getting rid of this car asap and would advise future car buyers to stay away from the Lexus brand.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I have had Lexus for over 20 years. I have leased. I bought my current Lexus which is 4 years old. I also purchased extended warranty. Well this rx450h has plastic window covers on several places. All of which have melted. The car is kept in a garage and at 40k miles. They started melting at 20k. I asked service department about them and to replace is 2k. For melting parts... Of all my past Lexus none had this. So I decided I am no longer going to buy cars from Lexus if they are going to sell cars that melt. Beware they don't cover melting parts...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Lane Keep Assist should be banned. As it can cause your car to go out of control due to over correction. I was braking and my car continued to correct itself in the middle of traffic and it never stopped. I ended up hitting two cars before I could stop. I or someone else could have died. This was an absolutely horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Was told the excessive wind noice is normal, twice. It’s not normal or acceptable. Was told several water drops when going through car wash is normal. I’ve owned and leased many, many cars-no raining in car!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I own a 2009 Lexus ES 350, bought a certified pre-owned from a Lexus dealer. Love the car except for one thing. Have had 11 door lock actuators replaced due to part failure. From searching online I learned these parts fail on multiple Lexus and Toyota models and on much newer cars than I have. It is a continuing problem they can not seem to solve or care to solve. Each door has failed multiple times with the driver's side front door failing 6 times. Lexus had been very good and agreed to replace the parts even after the expiration of the warranty. I had to deal with Lexus customer service directly as the dealer did not want to deal it after the 6th or 7th failure.

Lexus knows they have a problem with these door lock actuators and I was happy they stood behind it, at least they did for a while. When the part failed again for the 11th time I attempted to contact Lexus by phone and email over several weeks. I was promised calls back and it never happened. I would understand if they no longer were going to cover the failed parts as the car is 13 years old, even though these parts have been failing since I 've owned the car for the last 10 years. The issue is that customer service would not even call me back. Rather than say they just can't cover the repairs any longer they chose to just ignore me. Shame on them. I would never purchase another Lexus due to the same parts failing over and over and total lack of respect and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

This is my 3rd Lexus, 2nd with Scanlon. I doubt I will stay faithful to Lexus. The quality of the vehicles have decreased. GPS is extremely annoying and doesn't work well. The hands free option never works, no matter what we I say it rarely understands us. Seems to be more of a hazard than a safety feature. The engine is so loud and vibrates and the parking cameras seem off with my 2021. My 2021 and my 2018 both started to get an odd smell from the AC after the 2nd year. My 2015 Lexus was so smooth I could not even tell it was on. But my 2018 and 2021 are just not as smooth.

Tampa Lexus would do an amazing job with cleaning my car anytime I brought it there. Scanlon Lexus car washing is pathetic. Scanlon had amazing service all around back in 2017-2019. When I got my 2nd lease from them in 2020 is was just not the same. The service rep was so kind back in 2017, but when it came time to release in 2020, he was your typical salesman that didn't seem to care anymore. The day I picked up my 2021 vehicle I noticed a week later that the fluids were never topped off, the tires did not have proper pressure which was such a hassle because we were leaving town and had to drive all over the place trying to find a place that had a running tire pump. Just poor customer service. The attention to detail at Scanlon is gone. There was a huge shift in everyone's attitude there.

This past summer I had to call roadside for a flat tire. I waited 2 hours and no one showed up. My husband had to travel over an hour and cancel his clients for the rest of the day to help me. Scanlon Lexus didn't offer any other assistance so I had to call a third party to get the repair done, then Lexus refused to reimburse me. My sales rep didn't respond to any of my emails when I messaged him to ask for help in getting the issue resolved. He went from being this super kind and genuine person back when I had my first Lexus with Scanlon, to completely ignoring me this year. Not sure what happened but he is not the same genuine person I thought I knew.

We were hit by Hurricane Ian recently. When I called Lexus Financial, they would not do anything to help give a little break on making a payment. We just wanted to have a 30 day break and asked if we could put one payment at the end of the lease. I had done this back when we go hit by Irma. They allowed us to put one payment at the end of the lease with no fees or interest. But today I was told it would be a $175 fee. Not really practical for people who have lost so much and have a mountain of bills and repairs to have to pay for. We are done with Lexus. The quality of the vehicles and service has gone drastically downhill.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I changed from BMW to Lexus due to reliability issues but this turned out to be worse. Purchased a 2022 NX350 model but the dealer delivered a 2021 built car! The quality of the wheel is not up to Sydney city roads, we had two damages on the same wheel on the same side in 8 months even though the car is AWD. The tensile strength is nowhere near it! No spare parts, the car was un-drivable for 3 months to get a replacement wheel from Japan. The car has no spare tyre and not practical for AWD long trips. 5 recalls in the last 8 months with a number of other software bugs that we pointed out to the dealer but they haven't fixed yet. Stay Away. The staff are nice but the car is not quality made. Very disappointing.

Lexus Company Information