Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

745 Lexus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

It's been going on for years now. They call it a "reconditioning" because the word RECALL I guess is a little taboo. My interior has melted! If you catch it with your fingernail, a chunk of my dash is under your nail. My upper dash, which meets my windshield, looks wet. I can literally sink my fingertips into the dash. So, I take it in for this reconditioning and they are very thorough while taking pictures and writing notes. I take it back to get all the panels installed and they didn't even give me the parts that are affected the most. No dash, which is extremely noticeable, or door panels and arm rests where you actually come in contact every time you drive the car. It is so sticky, my interior is melting and Lexus won't replace the defected parts.

I have seen cars that are 50+years old and do not have these issues. There has to be more Lexus owners who are experiencing this same sort of mistreatment. I am willing to take this as far as making it a legal matter and posting it on every social outlet that will let me do so. Shame on you Lexus. Some of these models went for over $70,000 new, and your interior didn't last 4 years.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I just leased my sixth Lexus and I regret it! I don't care how great it drives because the music sound system is the WORSE. The rear speaker has NO SOUND coming from it at all. When you drive the only speaker that sound comes from is the front speaker. God forbid you increase the volume, the sound blasts at you so loud that it is torture to drive in the car. There is nothing Lexus service can do. It's their new sound system. It is torture! Not only that, my business only uses Blackberry phones and the new 2019 Lexus only works with iPhones. My last 2016 Lexus allowed text message to appear on the screen. Now the new 2019 Lexus models. So it is MANDATORY that you have an iPhone if you want to drive the luxurious 2019 Lexus without using your stereo system.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Long story short. Do not buy a 2019 Lexus ES350 F Sport from this dealership or any other in the United States. Their much advertised Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 is a fraud on this car model. (“Consumer fraud occurs when a product or service does not perform as advertised”.) The “Road Sign Assist” does not work no matter what you do. Lexus so called “Technology Specialist” and Lexus engineers are unable to fix the problem as of January 9, 2019. I bought a 2019 brand new one for over $50,000 on November 14. 2018 and the system has not worked from day one, even that Lexus advertisement shows a photo showing a red stop sign on the head up. Nice photoshop Lexus. I have been in contact with the Lexus dealership and Lexus Headquarters since I found out the system just does not work, and all I have gotten is a run around. If you want further information feel free to call me.

UP-Date: On January 10, 2019 at 11:12 am I received a call from Lexus Escondido Technology Specialist Rick ** telling me that the 2019 ES350 F Sport they sold me does not have the “Road Sign Assist” I paid for even that Lexus advertise it does and all my paperwork on the car says it does. If this is not fraud, I don’t know what is. I will now file a complaint with the California Consumer Protection Agency and the Federal Trade Commission about the deceptive car advertising Lexus is doing.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I leased an ES 350 2016, I could not believe in three years or less how a car could be modified. 2016 Lexus was roomy, elegant, comfortable, quiet. 2019 Lexus, tight, seats not as comfortable, noise, and more of a sports feel instead of luxury and comfort. DO NOT DO IT. I have only had vehicle for less than a month and regretting it. Showed and mentioned to siblings who also drive Lexus and they are now looking at other options, first time in years.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We leased a brand new Lexus LS460 and when the lease term had ended, we had a lot of credit balance left over and finally we just decided to purchase the vehicle since we hadn't driven it that much. We noticed that our Lexus LS460 also has a chrome rim and because of it, it's losing air for unknown reasons. We replaced the tires several times and finally found out that the chrome rim has tendencies to lose air due to it being chip or being rotten with time especially from Texas heat. We went numerous time to the dealer but never got a proper answer. We were not sure if there was a nail or if it was because of the chrome wheel that caused the tire pressure to be that low. The service and parts are so expensive that it will be too difficult to maintain it. Secondly, we never received any kind of recall notices from the company although we lived same place for years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

2008 LS460 In New Orleans heat all 4 door panels, upper and lower dash and rear of center console all defective and melting. Lexus replaced everything Except the console. Today I brought it to Lexus New Orleans because I received a standard recall letter informing me my console is covered. They took a few pictures and informed me the parts would be in in 2 to 3 YEARS! I find that Insulting. First they give you the good news and make you drive in to get the bad news! I used the Ferrara Law Group in Miami. They won their Class Action Suit against Toyota/Lexus 3 years ago and had to bring Toyota/Lexus back to court because they were stalling/stonewalling their customers after they had already lost the case! I have informed the attorney and if more people call them they may file a new suit against Toyota/Lexus...2 - 3 Years is stonewalling!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My conclusion in short: When buying new, do not intend to keep it after warranty expiration. And never buy used. Here is a long explanation. Very expensive parts. Price fells fast. Reason - expensive parts and low demand as many know these are expensive to maintain. 7 small plastic clips fell off from bottom plastic panels. Cost for one clip $10 bucks. Should cost several cents but no more than $1. They are Lexus unique size. Lucky I found aftermarket $1.50 for 10 abroad.

Next, Lexus USA does not stand behind its cars. Exhaust rusted out and made the hole right at the place where it makes a turn at 65k miles (?) one week after extended warranty. At this place band was not an option. Cost to replace $2300, $1800 for part itself. Why? Because exhaust and converters are one complete unit. Called LEXUS USA. Response: "Our decision is not to cover even though only one week past warranty. Also our records indicate that you later started to replace oil at other places." What oil has to do with bad exhaust? "It is our decision."

I had many cars over the years including Toyotas and replaced exhaust on many of them. Some at 150k miles and above. Parts were expensive, but not that expensive. In another instance headlight was damaged. Part cost $2000. It has 2 motors in it to adjust in horizontal and vertical plane, but still it is ridiculous price. I am technical and very handy. Always serviced cars myself. My conclusion is that they are reliable, but complicated cars. Chances to fail are greater in this setup. Therefore in my opinion for long term ownership quality and performance is not enough anymore to justify cost of long ownership or Lexus policies. Lease - maybe, but then return and lets Lexus eat them all.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

WORST SERVICE EVER. I called to cancel my Lexus Enform service in July, after I sold the vehicle. I was reassured the service was canceled and there would be no future charges. They charged my credit card in October again. I called and was repeatedly disconnected by various associates trying to transfer me to someone who could help. Calling back the 5th time I was told that there was no charge to my account because they did not have a record. I was on hold for over 30 mins. They demanded documentation of proof of sale of vehicle to cancel the service. Do not sign up for this service or provide them with a credit card!!! You will be charged even after your service is canceled, your car sold etc.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I own a 2009 Lexus RX350 with a cracked dashboard. Lexus sent a letter that extended the warranty on the vehicle for 10 years however the crack occurred shortly after that time (within a few months). I spoke to the corporate office and they indicated that since we didn't bring the vehicle into the Lexus dealership for service there was no ability to honor the warranty extension. Clearly their dashboards were defective and the cracks in my case happened after the 10 years were up (which is logical as the dashboard ages). I wasn't expecting Lexus to be strong armed and quibble over a few months in the interest of good customer service. No help from the Lexus corporate office. I'm looking at buying a new car and will be bringing my business elsewhere, i.e. Audi / Infinity.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I brought my wife’s 2002 in for regular service to Palm Beach Lexus. It needed tires and some maintenance, which I authorized. After doing the initial work that I had authorized for around $2,500 they sent me an estimate for approximately $8,500 for items they said also needed repair. One of the items they claimed was faulty, was the engine mounts. Since the car only had 66,000 miles on it, I found that hard to believe since they had replaced the engine mounts previously when the car had about 38,000 miles. My wife and I have been Palm Beach Lexus customers for around 20 years and we have purchased 4 Lexus SUVs from them. We have had good service up until 2-3 years ago when they changed service managers, since then the service has gone downhill. We then took the vehicle to an independent repair shop to see what additional service was actually needed.

They came to the conclusion that 50% of the estimate that Palm Beach Lexus gave us, was not at all necessary. They claimed the engine mounts were in like new condition and many of the other items on the estimate were absolutely not necessary. I obviously was upset and called Lexus Guest Experience Center and spoke to Eric ** a case manager. He said that since the vehicle was out of warranty they couldn't and wouldn’t do anything to help and he did not seem at all concerned that the Lexus dealership was inflating estimates. He said since we were good Lexus customers he would give us a $1,500 three month Good Will Offer to purchase or lease another Lexus. I received and filed the Good Will email offer because I was planning on turning in my 2016 RX450H for a new vehicle. Two months later I started shopping for a new Lexus at a different dealership because I was not about to use Palm Beach Lexus.

When I looked at the Good Will Offer the expiration date was dated the same date I spoke to the case manager (Eric **). I again called Lexus Guest Experience and ended up speaking with someone else. I told that person I was very disappointed that no one ever followed up on my original claim regarding the false estimate I was give from Palm Beach Lexus. And to make matters worse I was also given a Good Will Offer that expired in one day. That person told me I had to speak with Eric ** the original case manager and he would call me back. Eric ** called me back a few days later and seemed to have a bad attitude. I told him I was in the process of leasing or buying a new Lexus and would appreciate it if they could extend the offer. He said the Good Will Offer was only good for 3 months and he would not extend the offer.

He said when the offer expires they would review it. Obviously, I was not very happy with his response. A few weeks later, I found a new 2019 Lexus RX450H at J M Lexus that I was planning to get, so I called Eric ** to get the Good Will Offer authorized. It took him a few days to get back to me and when he did he said he wouldn’t authorize the Good Will Offer until after I purchase the new vehicle. I told him that was unacceptable and I wanted to speak with someone else. He said he is the only one that makes that decision. I told him I was going to write a letter to Lexus Headquarters and he said go ahead, but it’s just going to come back to me. After all this I have no intention of ever purchasing another Lexus.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought a Lexus IS 250 then being Active Duty Military I got notice I had to deploy just a couple short months after I bought it. My manufacturer’s warranty expired while I was Deployed. There was a bulletin put out about a known problem to fix under warranty vehicles for condensation in the driver’s side headlight. I get back and come up due for an annual state inspection and the car fails due to the condensation. Lexus refuses to Good Will fix the headlight even though the warranty expired during my deployment.

I have low mileage only 37,000 miles on the car and they still wouldn’t consider that. I pleaded that they be sensitive to the fact I can control if I’m deployed and the warranty expired while I was gone. Now I’m expected to pay full price over 2 grand for a known condensation issue with a headlight. I expected better from this company. They care nothing for Military. Most businesses are far more accommodating. I’ll gladly trade in my Lexus at Honda.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We leased a new 2018 NX300 at the beginning of April 2018 in Kingston Ontario Canada this year and in August while driving to town my wife hit a deer taking out the grill and camera, etc. It is now November and it's still not fixed. The reason: parts on backorder. How can a brand new vehicle have parts on backorder? First a fog light, then an electronic component for the lane departure. The list goes on. Four months to repair a vehicle due to parts on backorder.

The local dealer won't answer my emails, won't answer my phone calls all because I'm getting upset with how this is handled and the length of time it takes. Not to mention I'm paying a lease on a vehicle we can't access. We made the mistake of leasing two Lexus vehicles but I promise this will be rectified when the lease concludes. I"LL NEVER LEASE ANOTHER LEXUS ANYTHING.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Do not bring your car tiki the Lexus of North Miami for service! Brought my car in to have the recalled dashboard replaced. When I picked my car up, while driving home, which is about 10-15 minutes away, I noticed my brake light was on and before I could get home my car cut off and would not start. I immediately called Lexus of North Miami and was told by the service advisor that they did nothing wrong and I would have to bring my car back to the shop. I told him how and that my battery was dead, car wont stay started. I asked if he could call roadside service to come and get my car. It didn't seem to matter to him as he said no and I'd we find that the alternator and battery is dead, you will have to pay. I was in shock and disbelief bc I had just left there no more than 15 minutes ago.

But what was more shocking was when I called back to speak with the Manager over Service, he had the same reaction, and seemed uninterested in the fact that I had just left the dealer and now my car wont start. Now I'm upset and was in disbelief and highly disappointed that both service advisor and Manager of Service did not try to solve the problem and did not send roadside assistance to pick up my car. They showed no concern in the fact that my car was not working! And to make things worse, they said, "When you bring your car in and we're find it's the alternator or the battery, you have to pay for it, we're not liable." Oh my, could not believe this! This is suppose to be a upscale business that specializes in satisfying their customers. Well not only was I not satisfied, but I felt totally helpless. I will never bring my car back to the Lexus of North Miami ever again! Horrible customer satisfaction service!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I bought Lexus LX. I'm having problem with the radio. The sound going up and down. I ask the dealership have they had problem with this. They said yes. It is the amplifier. I would have to place it. I did some checking on the web. It is going bad because where they put the amplifier under the driver seat it is getting too hot so it goes bad. They not trying to figure out what the problem is and to solve the problem. I had a lot of cars. Never had problems with the radio. If I spend the money to replace the amplifier it most likely go bad again. This is not right.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

In Honolulu Hawaii - Driving one weekend, my Lexus RC350 just dies on the street. Nothing works and finally I give up and tow my car to Lexus. On Monday I call Lexus and talk to the service manager Bryan. He informs me that when the car got towed they couldn't start but as of this morning, car starts fine and they can't identify what the problem was. He informs me that the technician will run tests to find out what happened and get back to me. I wait a week and nobody calls me. I call Lexus back and was told Bryan was out for lunch and that he will call me back. No call back that day. Meanwhile, I am not even offered a loaner and taking Taxi to and from work on my own expense. I call back Lexus and ask for loaner and told there's none available.

I end up complaining and miraculously they get a test model that I can use. Basic IS model which is not the same level as what I'm paying for but I didn't complain as I thought it was for a short time. However, if there's a test model car they can offer as a loaner, shouldn't I have been offered this from Day 1 instead of after few calls? Anyway, I get my loaner and feel better that at least now I have a way of transportation. Another Week goes by while I wait patiently and don't hear back so AGAIN call Lexus. At this point I'm told that they still can't identify the problem and running more tests. I told the manager that I understand the situation but would appreciate some type of communication back as they make progress.

Of course on phone I'm given the "yes absolutely". I had a business trip so end up not being bothered for 10 days and get back to Hawaii. Meanwhile I had my phone but never did get a call back. Another several days go by without a call which now my car has been in the shop for a month. Can't get in touch with Bryan and the receptionist tells me she will take message so I explain to her the situation and tell her that I just need someone to keep me updated. Nobody calls me back. By now, it's nearly 6 weeks and I am just astonished at the bad customer service. I end up calling Lexus and explaining the entire situation to the receptionist and asking for the GM. I didn't get a call back from GM but the Asst GM calls me and finally some light at the end of the tunnel. He tells me that he wants to help and was apologetic. He tells me that technician needs to run more tests.

I end up telling him that I want to get out of the lease so I can be done with and move on. Once I mention terminating my lease, GM ends up calling me few days later and tells me that I only have several months left so he won't release me from my lease. He offers me one month lease waiver as compensation. Finally after 2 months, I get a callback and told my car is fixed. I go to Lexus excited to finally put this long 2 month battle to an end and the cashier tells me I owe almost $900. I tell him that it's covered in the lease/warranty and there's no way I'm paying for it. With attitude, he tells me "well you can talk to the service manager". Bryan who never returned my calls comes and tells me that it's their mistake.

At this point, I am just disgusted with their communication process and tell him to ask the GM to call me back. No return call for several days so I call back and speak to another manager and he tells me that the GM had family emergency and is not in the office. Finally after another several days, GM calls me back. I explain the situation again with being told to pay and the cashier attitude and now demanded that I don't pay for 2 months which he tells me he can't do because I was given a loaner. I'm only asking for 2 months to be waived as I didn't get the car I'm paying for and to be compensated for all the time I wasted plus the frustration I had to put up with. I have 2 Lexus at the moment and there will be no more Lexus for me the way it's going.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My car was dead in the driveway. I called Lexus Roadside 800 448-1505 and asked them to send a repair truck WITH a new battery. A AAA tow truck arrived. He said he could not sell me a battery; he can only tow or jump the old battery. I want to make this very clear, I was very willing to pay for the new battery. And although he had a battery on the truck he could not sell it to me. After speaking with 'corporate', Lexus admits that the contract specifically states that service is tow or jump only.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Lexus had issues with brake actuators so the warranty was extended and letters were sent. If you didn't have a problem during the warranty period no action was required and no action would be taken on the vehicle. The warning came up on the dash after the extended warranty was over. We were told by the Dealership Service Manager that Lexus Corporate had always helped in the past on this issue so We had the work done at the Lexus dealership, about $3,500. When Lexus Corporate was contacted the Lexus case manager said they would have to look into it. They called back my cell but left no message at all. I called back but the case manager was unavailable, and I was told they would call back. This same process repeated several times. Finally, I was able to speak with the case manager and was told the policy is strict and nothing is done on extended warranty after the warranty period is over.

Why were we not told of the unbending policy from the beginning? To the contrary we were told that Lexus had always covered this issue out of warranty in the past. We could have taken the car for the repairs somewhere else and saved money but were led to believe Lexus would probably provide full relief. Why is Lexus charging full price and making a profit from a known issue?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called Lexus customer service over a disagreement I had with the local dealership where I purchased an RCF. After a week, a junior level employee called me back, explained to me that my original customer service contact was off for the day and then parroted the same story I got from the dealership. When I asked some follow up questions he said he was only reading from notes and couldn't answer specific questions. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I suspect that the CS rep that was working my case had the flunkie call me back so she didn't have to deal with me, but of course that is only speculation. I let it go at that although I should have told the junior guy to have the original contact call when she was back in the office.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchase a new 2018 Lexus 350RX three weeks ago. I am extremely disappointed in the Navigation System. First, it seems to take several minutes before the car connects to the service. I asked for direction to a well known business, and was told they could not find it. Please hang up and try again. I tried again, this time they could not find the business, but worse they could not locate my car. Asked if I was near the airport! No it was not. What if this was an emergency and they can’t find me!

Yesterday, asked for directions to a Civic Arts Theater, they had the correct address but the nav. system took me to a residential, dead end street. I could see the theater but could not get to it. It wasn’t even the correct street. Again, asked for a restaurant by name - it took me to a location on a freeway. I could see the restaurant from the freeway, and eventually found it. Now, I use Waze. This system doesn’t come close to OnStar.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have this beautiful Lexus LS460 that looks great on the outside and always kept in the garage. However, when you open the door and see that the door panels and the dashboard have a gray looking film on them and are sticky to the touch it spoils the whole idea of LUXURY AND LEXUS being used in the same sentence. I called the 1 800 Lexus number and they told me there was a recall for this problem but it expired last year in 2017 and that they sent out recall notices. I have lived in the same house for 15 years (longer than I have had the CAR) and I have never received a recall notice on my vehicle. I am frustrated and looks like if I want to fix it that it is going to cost thousands of dollars to do so. I am very disappointed in Lexus! I thought they were a better company than that.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I own a 2007 Lexus RX350 that was purchased in 2008. It has been a very reliable car with few mechanical issues over the last 11 years. In the last year, my dashboard began to crack and now is split in several places. I contacted my Lexus dealer who negated to even inform me there was a national recall on the dash itself. I had taken my vehicle in for routine service during that recall envelope and not one thing was mentioned! Park Place Lexus/DFW area practically blew off my concerns off and told me to call the Lexus 800 number. I was subsequently told the recall period had expired and their attitude stemmed around them informing me it was MY responsibility to check for recalls. What???

Now my paint is fading/peeling even though my car is perpetually garaged and I work overseas 18 days/month. It only has 67k miles! I really loved my Lexus but my experience with my dealer and Lexus HQ has all but convinced me it's time to go with another brand. Lexus... you've lost my business!!! Buyers... Consider yourself warned!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Leased 2017 GX 460 white SUV. Paint discoloration, and the called “leather” seats are crap. They are stained and the dealer cleaned the seats and now I got pieces missing. I’ve never been so disappointed and upset. So besides the above mentioned. They installed two TV’s on each seat and there’s a huge color difference between the top headrest where the TV are installed and the actual seat. I always owed the TVs that come installed from the manufacturer not aftermarket by Lexus. So when we take the car for the scheduled maintenance now if you need a loaner it takes 3-4 weeks for the Lexus dealership to give an appointment date. To top it out they don’t wash nor vacuum the car.

Basically, you are better off going to the Hyundai, Honda or Kia dealership. Pay way less and get excellent customer service and no stress. Trust me Lexus IS way overpriced for the quality. Example. My friends wanted a Lexus just like ours but they started noticing all the defects and they got an BMW SUV. You should see the difference. First in the customer service was excellent and the luxury and technology of the car. Lexus are all outdated and with many issues on quality. There’s something serious going on with the quality control department. Reported all and they promised me back in November, then in December to order me a black on black Lexus.

The pigeon died on the way! It’s August and nothing. And we have been dumb enough to recommend family and friends to the torture and they have done business but consideration for us. Watch when my lease is over that I’ve driven that nasty looking car how the black on black will magically appear but to their surprise they lost another customer. Last Lexus that I purchase or lease.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Purchased the pre-certified SUV (2013 Lexus GX 460) with 22k miles. The following week I noticed the front left bumper was detaching from the body. Brought it back to the dealer who sent it to auto body shop to have it repaired. He installed new pins. The following month noticed the same bumper plus the rear right bumper panel was falling off. Brought it back again, this time they placed a bracket into the panel. Approximately 6 months later, the same issue occurred so I kept pushing the panel back in.

In June 2018 I noticed the rear and front bumper panels were worse than ever. Just returned from the dealer and was told at this point there is nothing they can do since this a manufacturing defect that is common with Lexus as well as Toyota vehicles. The only way it may solve the problem permanently is to replace both bumpers!! Owned a couple of Lexus SUVs in the past and never had this issue until I purchased this model. NEVER BUYING A LEXUS/TOYOTA AGAIN!!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

There was a recall on my Lexus SUV. I was in the hospital when it came out and missed it. Shortly after expiration date I called Lexus and they told me to bring car to the dealer. The dealer found the problem and was happy to fix it. When they reached out for approval at corporate the dealer was told that Lexus would not approve. I wrote the CEO of Lexus USA explaining the problem and challenge due to medical issues. The CEO nor anyone ever had the courtesy to respond to my letter. The problem with the Lexus is only getting worse. This is not a company that cares about the customer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Probably this was my worst decision to buy a pre-owned 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD back in 2016. I was certainly duped by looking at those J.D. Power ratings of dependability and reliability. Bought a pre-owned Lexus dealer certified 2014 IS 250 AWD and vehicle is in a very good in condition until a couple of days ago where AC was blowing hot air when I was doing a long trip with my family along with my newborn four and a half month old. The AC was working fine till we reach the destination and on our way back is where the AC did not work and we had to drive back home 140 miles under 95 degrees hot day with a four and a half month baby. I had shared my experience with my colleagues and they say I should've bought an extended warranty. Damn! Why in the world should I buy an extended warranty when I am paying so much for a car which is branded as reliable and dependable? This is nuts.

So, I took my vehicle to the local Toyota dealer (obvious that the Lexus dealer is going to rip me off with their charges and that is totally fine because it's "LEXUS") and it costs me $700 to fix a sensor and redo the whole AC to be up and working. Very dissatisfied with Lexus and did not expected this kind of issue when the vehicle is still under 100,000 miles. Definitely, moving to a different brand in a very short time.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought a RX350 (2008) Certified Preowned Lexus in 2009 from PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX. In 2013, I noticed a crack in the dashboard by the driver’s side vent. Called PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX and was told cracks in the dashboard are not under warranty and it may have been caused by what I was using to clean the dashboard. After arguing with the service guy he went to the service manager and they agreed to repair it and they did.

Now in 2018, I have two cracks in the dashboard by the passenger air vent. Researched on the internet to see if other Lexus owners had similar issues. To my surprise many owners have this issue and Lexus had offered to replace the entire dashboard if you have cracks or melting of the dashboard. The dealership told me I needed to call corporate to obtain approval for the dashboard replacement. I called corporate office and they did not show the cracked dashboard had been previously repaired and the offer to replace the defective dashboard had expired in October 2017. I asked if they could repair just the cracks like last time and was told that decision is up to the dealership.

I called PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX to see if I could still get the dashboard replaced or repaired. Their system showed the crack in the dashboard was repaired in October 2009. The dealership did not correspond to corporate of my previous repair which I have documentation and receipt. After speaking to the service representative and service manager they will not replace the dashboard since it is up to corporate to approve and will not repair the cracks because one of the cracks is in front of the airbag.

Bottom line to replace the defective dashboard I will have to pay approximately ~$2,000. I bought a Lexus based on the reputation of a quality vehicle. Had I known it was so cheap that the dashboard would need to be totally replaced in less than 10 years my decision would have been different. I understand vehicle parts wear out and need to be replaced but not a dashboard. This car is always garaged at home and at work and only has 76k miles. A dashboard should not have cracks on a vehicle this soon and definitely not on any quality luxury car. Based on this experience I would strongly recommend others to stay away of a LEXUS and PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I am just bought a brand new 2108 RX350 on July 4, 2018, and already having with this issue (steering wheel make noise when make a turn left or right). I am very disappointed because just 2 weeks driving and a car got the problem. What is kind of quality of Lexus? What is a Lexus brand name??? I wish I can return or change difference car. Might be this is a last one and never buy again. Hope everyone can read my post then don't buy Lexus. Otherwise you might make the same my mistake.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The car feels like a status symbol and the reputation and style contributed to my selection. The luxury features sold me. The heated seats the leather interior, the camera, the overall look of the car's body and the reputation of the brand. Love all the power items, the style, comfort and smooth ride. It gets attention, the seats are so comfortable and there is adequate leg room in back. It's a great luxury car. I am happy with all features but maybe have lower price, self driving and parking. Available in more colors, more standard features and more customizable features also.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Lexus RX350 is comfortable and roomy. Gives a very quiet ride. It was purchased used but being a quality vehicle we expect to get many years of service. It has a powerful engine so can be used for towing. It feels heavy on the road so feels safe. Good anti-theft system. The tinted windows cut down on sun glare. It has two power front seats. Like the all leather interior, the heated front seats and duel climate controls. Power lift rear door. Has several indictor lights to show if there is a problem with things like the oil level or the tires. But the indicator light for low tire pressure is hard to reset. It does not have a backup camera. It is kind of hard to get to the spare tire and I would have preferred a regular spare to the donut spare.

Original review: June 24, 2018

This Lexus 350 ES is very comfortable, roomy, smooth & quiet ride. Also good looking, feels heavy on the road, great services. Had to get the ES since RX too high for me - not comfortable on my back. Convenient dealer for service and free, unlimited car washes!!! 5th Lexus purchased - some different models RX & ES, great service all over the world and especially from this dealer. I love the ease of a loaner when they are doing work on my car. But I would like a tighter turning radius for the car and to have the ES in a hatchback type of rear for larger packages, luggage, etc. Better gas mileage, cheaper price in purchase and service too.

Lexus Company Information