Lexus

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We have owned about 9 Lexus over the past 20 years. All great vehicles. In March 2016 we purchased a new Rx 350. At about 6000 miles it started surging and hesitating. Cruise control is almost usable. Our horror started in February 2017 when we complained about issue. Lexus acknowledged there was a issue and fix was on the way. About 3 weeks later Lexus called and said fix was in, we carried vehicle to Lexus for a 15 minute fix. There was no improvement. When I complained, Lexus said I needed to talk to Lexus customer care. After 4 months and carrying complaint to arbitration, big joke, Lexus said vehicle was satisfactory. I am stuck with a lemon.

I own a 2002 Lexus RX300 - and in 2012 - qt 10 years I had to buy a new transmission - Lexus new of the issue and would not do anything for its purchasers - Will never buy another Lexus and will tell anyone that will listen - Have neighbors that bought same car and experienced same thing - If you know there is an issue - LEXUS - Step up to the plate.

I am the not so proud owner of a 2009 Lexus IS250. My question is why can NO ONE work on this Navigation System but Lexus? Monopoly much? My dash board and all of the material on the doors and everywhere isn't cracking, I can rub it off with one finger. It's melting. You can't clean it because anything you use just sticks to it and it looks horrible. To go along with this my water pump cracked overheated my car and destroyed my electrical system to include the alternator, battery, navigation system, and all of this has been replaced but my navigation system because I'm now flat broke and no one seems to be able to figure out how to fix it other than with another $1500 Computer from Lexus because that is the only place you can buy them. And if you do find one aftermarket, no one will touch it. My heat is stuck on and has been since winter. It's so stupid I'm ready to drive this car off a cliff! Recall the water heater!

A little over a year ago we purchased a 1995 Lexus RX330. We purchased the vehicle as our first luxury vehicle with the hopes that the money would be well spent on luxury and quality of the vehicle. But after having the vehicle for almost 1 year we noticed that the dash started cracking along the front edge and then after picking my wife up from work one day a large chunk of the dash right above the radio broke off and fell to the floor. We immediately called Lexus and asked about having the dash repaired they informed us that there was a recall on the dash and to call Lexus about having the dash repaired. We called Lexus and notified them of the cracked Dash and they informed us that there is indeed a recall for the cracked Dash but they told us the date for the recall expired the day before we called. But that they would look into it and see if there was something they could do.

We took the time to take the vehicle to the local Lexus dealer to have pictures taken. Have it inspected and sent to Lexus so that they can review it only for them to call us and tell us they were denying the repairs on the vehicle. So now we are stuck with a vehicle in which the resale value has plummeted due to the crack Dash. I'm very disappointed with Lexus that they do not stand behind their vehicle or even offered to pay a portion of the dash to be repaired. If this is how Lexus treats their customers I no longer want this vehicle and will be trading it in as soon as possible. My wife and I were also considering buying another new Lexus because we did like the vehicle until we see that Lexus does not stand behind their vehicle quality at all!!!

Purchased new 2017 Lexus (our 3rd) and canceled the balance of our Enform for our old Lexus. However, after multiple calls, emails and over 10 weeks, still no refund. Lexus customer service failed to provide satisfaction, just stating they are behind in payments. Furthermore, when I purchased the 2017 Lexus I had asked twice for a customer survey (for dealership/sales), still, no survey and I bought the car in early May 2017.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

I have owned two LEXUS ES since 2001 and have had excellent experience with each. My first was a 1998 and was finally totaled by a hit and run driver in 2016 but had 275000 miles on it without a single repair to the engine or transmission. I serviced as recommended but nothing broke on that car. We have a 2007 now with all options and love this car too. So far at just over 100k miles, we have had mice eat some wires under the hood and the VSC, traction and check engine lights have remained on since repaired and we are not sure why. Also the new car has been hacked and can't figure out how to solve.

To those who complain about paying annual to use features, I say don't buy luxury if you cannot afford it and every car has additional features to pay for! OnStar Satellite radio, etc. Overall Lexus is an affordable car at new, used prices so no complaints here! Also one thing about Lexus of the so many things I love is that there is NO road noise!

Had to replace my windshield for the 2017 RX350. It has been two weeks today. Giving various reasons for the delay and informed that it will be another 6 days, since the windshield is on back order. Shocked to find out that a Company like Lexus manufactures cars with various computerized options that are in the windshield and not produce extra windshield. Building about 1000 cars a day, can we not produce a few extra windshields. After all windshields crack often. Feeling frustrated. Looked at a Caddy. Maybe American made is better. But that is hindsight.

After buying a car with 76k$, I still need to pay 250$ annually to get the remote starter feature working!!! That's ridiculous!!! It comes with one year free subscription and then payment start 170-450$/yr!!!å

Looks like this services is completely broken. Sadly enough this feature was one of major reasons why I decide to buy this specific car (as opposed to 3 other choices). I leased NX 200t 2 weeks ago. Since then I must have spent 3-4 hours on the phone with Lexus support. Still no resolution. I received no call backs nor a response of any kind. While on call I felt I was simply being placated by Lexus reps. Apparently I am not the only one who experience this issue. This is a systematic problem which impacts many new owners of Lexus who are trying to use their Enform services. I don't know about others but Lexus is going have to work very hard to convince to buy another car from them.

I own a Lexus IS-F with a problem that Lexus themselves knows about but they don't want to do anything about it. Lexus makes 3 different versions of the Is and every model has a warranty enhancement for this issue except their most expensive model the Isf. The problem is the dashboard and door panels are sticky especially when hot out. What a poor product they have made. I only drive Lexus or Toyota, but I might consider another brand being the junk they are producing.

Disappointed! My 2010 Lexus RX350 died in CDA Idaho. No warning... Oil everywhere, not drivable. Had it towed to Toyota dealership in CDA. Diagnosed as blown oil hose (manufacturer defect). Would be covered if we paid to have it towed to Spokane Lexus, but not covered for the work to be done where it is. It is approx. $200 fix... No recall or letter sent regarding the defect! It would cost more to have it towed! If this is a known manufacturer defect how are we suppose to know?

I purchased a used RX 350 at Tri-County Lexus. I was hoping to get a new Vehicle in the next few month, but after seeing the RX 350, I was very impressed (Though used, looked like new), and salesman Louis ** was very helpful in answering all my questions and making the purchase very enjoyable. And once I drove the vehicle, with the price we negotiated, I knew I needed I got a great vehicle. The whole staff was great, and very helpful.

I leased ES 300 from Pohanka Lexus. After 28000 miles the Bridgestone tires are bald. I reached out to Bridgestone, they told me that the ES300 is a high performance tire and go bald in 30000 miles. I told them that I drive Hybrid for more mileage and I don't race. The service department told me that the Bridgestone tires are bad tires and I need to replace it with Michelin tires as they will last for 60000 miles. When I approached Lexus Warranty, they took over a week and got back to me. The Warranty department told me that the ES 300 Bridgestone tires are bad and I need to buy new set of tire as it is not covered in the Warranty. When I checked with them about bumper to bumper warranty, they told me that tire is not covered. I told him that I have a Ford Fusion hybrid and I changed the tire after 75000 miles. Lexus ES 300 uses bad and cheap quality Bridgestone tire.

I have been going back and forth with Crown Lexus, Lexus corporate, and Lexus executive office for months now. Seems like all they were doing was handing me off wasting my time. My issue is my transmission in my 2007 IS 250 that started while under warranty and I took it to Crown Lexus multiple times. Each time I was either told it was an issue already identified and they would fix under a recall or they could not duplicate the problem and refused to fix it. Every attempt they made with a recall was not the issue. It was and has always been a faulty transmission and I have been saying. The recalls were only a cover up to buy time until the vehicle was out of warranty to avoid a costly repair under warranty. As soon as my vehicle fell out of warranty now they identify and admit that transmission is going out.

My vehicle only has 125,000 miles. A Lexus has a reputation and is expected to last well over 200,000 miles. I have researched and found multiple IS 200 owners with the exact same problem. A Lexus tech himself said the transmission will fail early. LEXUS needs to do the right thing and fix these faulty transmissions. I am considering legal action if Lexus continues to ignore this issue. My main reason feeling something should be done is because I brought it to their attention while under warranty and it was never fixed.

I bought a brand new Lexus rx350. As soon as I took it home I noticed several things wrong with the car. I complained dozens of times on 1 same issue, and several times on other issues. They kept telling me to bring in the car. I live 2 hrs away from dealer I bought from. However each time I brought in car something else always goes wrong after they tell me everything is ok. I have been dealing with this lemon for a yr and several months now and still help in getting my entire money back that I paid for. I also got a list of all the repairs that was done prior to buying. They should not have sold this vehicle or put it on sale. They were taking parts from other cars and putting it on mine to check what was wrong. I also paid almost $2200 on warranties and other things which they claimed I will not get back. All I wanted was a car without any problems and did not mind paying for the extra warranties.

If the car was sold as a lemon and they knew there were problems with the car, then you should refund everything including the warranties bought. I am going through Kealanda customer care who agreed to refund the purchase price but refused to refund the $2200 in extra things I bought. Trip charges I understand also, but all the trips were made to the dealership, over and over again. I was given the runaround since day one and lied to. This was my first luxury car and we did not feel safe in this car. It has stayed in 1 spot for the entire time since we noticed all these serious issues. We went on 1 small trip which we had problems with the head lights not working so we came back. Windshield wipers not coming on automatically when raining, Lexus Enform, etc... I could go on and on.

I want the owners and Lexus to take care of this. I should not have had to go through so much trouble especially on a high end car. Dealerships and Lexus should be accountable for misleading and selling us a car they knew was defective. I want justice and a full refund including all the extras I bought with the financing department.

I just purchased a 2017 Lexus RX-350. When driving it home, I felt an extensive vibration ("exhaust drone noise vibration issue") and a "transmission lag problem". Initially, I thought it might be the highway. Ultimately, I felt it on all roads. I brought the car back to Lexus service and they told me that these are known Lexus problems with no solution. Upon further research, I discovered that these problems also existed in the 2016 model.

Lexus sales management explained to me that this problem was due to Lexus extending the length of the vehicle coupled with a higher horsepower engine, HUH??? I am in the process of speaking with Lexus customer satisfaction regarding this issue. I would not recommend buying this vehicle unless you are sure that your car does not have this problem.

My wife and I just bought a new Lexus GX460 at your dealership. We requested to have a remote starter installed prior we picked up our car. Bob who is the financial manager was kind to help us out. We've asked Bob about the specific brand of the remote starter and when he tried to contact the 3rd party he didn't get a response. He reassured me that Lexus only use the best and we trusted him. When we got the remote starter installed. We were told that the car is too new and the software might not be available, so we waited a week for answers.

As a customer, I called my shop that install remote starter for my old car and asked them about the availability for a new GX460 and they said there's not available yet. One week later I got a call from Tony telling me that the software is available and therefore I trusted him. The tech came to my house and install the software and he said that there are few glitches to it because the car is so new. He told me before he came to my house and install the software that he had installed a VIPER brand remote starter and on that day when I received my remote starter, it wasn't Viper and it was Avital. Avital is a cheap brand remote starter and I do not expect Lexus to install it into our new car and to make it worse, there are glitches to the software.

I just leased a 2017 Lexus NX 200T and have been driving it for about 4 months. I am very unhappy with the Bluetooth system. Previously, I had a Ford Edge and the Bluetooth was far better than the Lexus. I never had any issues with it. When I place a call in the Lexus, I will say "Please call John Smith." It then pulls up John Smith as well as several other people and asks me to select who I am trying to call from the list. If it doesn't do this, then the other thing it does is when I say "Please call John Smith," it says "are you sure you want to call the contact?" It absolutely NEVER just allows me to call someone without taking me through these steps.

I have been to two different Lexus dealers about this. One told me it would take my new car a while to recognize my voice... OK, it has been 4 months and I went through the voice recognition set up a while ago. The other dealer could not explain it. Had I known this is what it is going to be like just to place a call, I never would have leased this vehicle as I am stuck with it for the next several years.

You can get the Lexus SUV with or with out a sunroof, leather seats, heated seats as well as a heated steering wheel. There are various other changeable features to choose from. My Lexus SUV had four doors and sun roof. The interior is leather at a great price! I love the sleek design that it has. It also offers a variety of colors. The passenger seating in the Lexus SUV can hold up to 7 people. The SUV is very roomy so all the passengers can sit comfortably and that is very important to my family. The appearance is beautiful and sleek. They have rear camera feature to make backing up easy as it would beep if you came too close to an object.

My car has replaced fuel pump last summer. And its factory warranty ended on 12/16/2016. However, my car still had problems from engine since last summer. So I dropped my car at the dealership and got loaner car about 5 times between last summer and this January. They had never found what the problem is. Finally, my car stopped on 3/4/2017. My car is towed to the dealership. And I heard that my car's engine is broken and it needs to replace to the new engine. It is totally unfair to pay for replace the new engine. My previous car was Acura. The reason why I switched to Lexus is the Lexus engine is very strong and they always goes to million mileage. Now, I totally regret to switch to the Lexus.

I heard that something was exploded inside of the engine. And something broke the engine and it popped out from the engine. The engine is half broken (on 62000 miles, but out of warranty). Do you believe this? NOT CRACKED. Dealership pushed me to pay $8000 to replace my engine. How many people can pay $8000 right away? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING?

I have never used the upgrade or personalization options because I have purchased an older used car of that brand and that wasn't an option. But the features and appearance of the car is excellent and I like the way it looks and drives. It's one of the best looking cars I've owned. It's still a luxury car that I feel comfortable and cool driving. Also, it's a very spacious car that fits many and and still have lots of room for everyone to enjoy the ride. I would choose the same car over again.

There are a wide number of cars that you can purchase. Whether it's a luxury sedan or a rugged SUV... Lexus has any number of cars for you and at a widespread range of pricing as well for whatever you want to spend. I purchased my car basically stock from the dealership. Love the look of my Lexus. Very sleek and modern looking. It definitely gets noticed by other drivers on the road. Its distinctive appearance makes for a nice overall look. It has very much leg room even in my smaller sedan. A lot of legroom for those in the backseats as well makes for a nice ride. Have plenty of room in the ES to sit 5 without much problem. I'm sure a car of this quality can be personalized almost any way that you would want.

Lexus RX which is the most successful cars of the Japanese luxury brand with global sales of up to 2.1 million units - an impressive figure for a luxury car. Lexus RX 350 2016 officially "out" in Vietnam in the Vietnam Exhibition VMS 2015 also come with "brother" LX 570 2016. About Vietnam facelift, new generation Lexus RX 350 strong price increases. The old version had 2.835 billion, the price is now 3.337 billion, up more than 500 million.

Standard features on the 2016 Lexus RX 350 includes 18-inch wheels, automatic LED headlights, fog lights and LED daytime running lights, rear black glass, power trunk lid, smart key, with the regime different drive, 2 zone air conditioning system, power front seats according to 8 directions, leather-wrapped steering wheel luxury nodded, 40:20:40 split rear seats comfortable and luxury vinyl NuLuxe. Then, the standard safety features on the Lexus RX 350 2016 includes anti-lock braking system, traction control and vehicle stability, the air bags front, back, curtain airbags, knee airbags, rearview camera Lexus Enform and Safety Connect system includes automatic node collision warning, locate your car (especially useful when your car is stolen) and emergency assistance.

All models are of fine quality and are great to drive. They have great features and are equipped with quality furnishings. All options and upgrades are of quality. Go check out this car if you can. It has great passenger capacity with lots of space good for all of the family. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Lexus is sporty, luxury and is also stylish. It's got it all. My car is the car that people I work with say "OH hell yeah" when I pull into work. The Lexus is the most sexy beast of car on the road. It's like mature looking yet it's sporty so it's young looking. Honestly, I could care less about all the gizmos on the dash and all. It's just a waste of time and money. A car is for driving and music on the radio. Overall, it's awesome. It's sturdy and it holds up well.

I was looking for a nice sedan, and all the options available really blew me away. Very glad that I had decided to go with Acura over other options that were out there. A major selling point for me was the quality and sturdiness of the power windows. I was looking for something that will last me and not cost an arm and a leg when they break down so frequently. I've had motors for windows go bad in several of my previous cars, so it was a must to find a brand with quality power windows. The windows work really well. The car is mainly for myself so I could really care less about the space, but if I do ever have passengers, I'm pretty certain they will be very comfortable and that is awesome. I believe I will be staying with Acura the next time I am shopping for a vehicle.

Lexus has small, midsize, and large vehicles. It has hybrid options too. They are very high safety and overall appearance. They also have great customer service. The details on this vehicle are classic so if you purchase a used or new car, you will be satisfied. This company takes great pride in producing luxury vehicles. The buyer can upgrade to meet a variety of personalization such as rack or foot board on an SUV, a sunroof, tinted windows, seat warmers, and wheels. The RX 350 sits 5 people comfortably even if one person is tall. The back seats recline a little to add extra comfort on long trips. The driver has the ability to boost their seat for better visibility.

My Lexus car is small black and gray and red from the inside which I think is amazing because of the colors because I don't see a lot of people with the same colors. I feel like it is one of the most beautiful cars in the world just from its appearance. I would not buy any other car that looked different. I think I am the richest person on earth just looking at my car. It works amazing and I think that it is the best car ever and that everyone should buy one someday or you might not be lucky because of its upgrades and personalization options. However, I don't like how there is only 2 seats but I wish there were 4 to 5 to make more people sit in the car of amazingness. I also like how there is two seats because it drives faster and it is more customized.

It's good, can last long for gas. Don't need to repair car for a while, it's sturdy and nice. Had to change 2 wheels though. After that I did had to fix anything up like oil change. But car can go 100000 miles before it needs repair. It's really good car to go on a road trip. I would definitely recommend my company. But, the car needs more work on the seats, it has been a difficult time trying to drive with sitting on this seat. I would also fix the door because it is a bit weak and it broke once.

Lexus handles great on the road with a very smooth ride, comfortable seats and sound system. It also has great gas mileage and the tires has a very nice grip to them. It has satellite radio built inside and has the best leather seats in its class. It's a must have to me to have leather seats. You can make it fit your personality and customize it yourself. It has great engine, great sunroof and nice steering. If you like the best then you're going to love this car I promise. I am satisfied but it could be better. All the people who rides with me are very, very, very happy, love this car and love its nice design.

Lexus Company Profile