Lexus

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Things keep falling apart. The window is making a noise, the armrests have no leather on them... It's all flaked off. And now the TRANSMISSION. I was told by multiple people that it would easily go to over 200K miles... It's falling apart at 150,0000. LEXUS is only a luxury model because of its PRICE!!! Resell value sucks too!

It has always been my dreams to one day own a Lexus. However, this is not what I intended or expected from such a prestigious and renowned luxury car dealership. Two weeks after purchasing my Pre Owned Certified Lexus ES 350 I have had nothing but major problems with this car, both mechanical and interior issues. The paint on the car is fading and very spotty, the armrest and the leather seats are tearing apart by the day. Typically I am the only one using the car, other than my husband who has his own car, and I do not have any children that would exacerbate the problem. Just recently there was a problem with my trunk latch that was making it almost impossible to close my trunk. I took it to the dealership, and thank goodness it was covered by the warranty.

Once I received the car back, about a week later, I noticed the same thing started happening again with the latch, and I also noticed an echo sound when closing the trunk that was not there before they serviced the vehicle. Immediately I contacted their corporate office and told them my concerns, but to no avail. They offered me a voucher that could probably pay for one tire, and just wished me away. I really feel abandoned and betrayed by this dealership, and to some degree, heart broken because this was my dream car. I hope that they can get these current problems resolved without dragging me through a long and drawn out process, and not having to obtain a lawyer to get to the bottom of these issues. If anyone has any suggestions or comments that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Purchased a 2012 CT200h in July 2016. The car was advertised as certified but ended up not being certified due to the airbag recall. Bought the car due to my previous experience with Toyota/Lexus being highly reliable car and it also only had 31k miles. Soon after driving off the lot noticed a clicking noise every time you brake. Figured it was a cv axle noise so waited until the first service to address(car also had drivetrain warranty remaining). Took the car in for the 35k service and dealer diagnosed the noise as a failing brake actuator and recommended replacing it for $3450.

The dealer and I opened a case with Lexus customer service. After 2 weeks I get a call saying they do not fix noise issues under warranty. Even if my car was certified they still would not fix it. Went to talk to dealer next day and the service manager told me his CT200h makes the same noise and "it doesn't bother him." Dealer also told me I should have bought an extended warranty (Right after telling me even the warranty doesn't cover it!?!?!?!). Escalated the Case with Lexus and received a callback saying nothing has failed so I just need to deal with the noise.

After this experience I'd recommend to stay away from Lexus. Once you drive off the lot it doesn't matter if you have a used or new car they do not care if you are satisfied with the product or not. Considered trading in my CT200h for a brand new one, but that wouldn't help my issue because they told me even if it was brand new and the brake actuator made the same loud clicking noise every time I touch the brake pedal it wouldn't be covered or fixed. So I'll look at other brand cars to spend 40K on.

I am on my third IS Model Lexus and like the product. Unfortunately I have found my new 2016 IS 300 AWD stalls or feels like fuel starvation when I sometimes go to make a turn either right or left at low speeds or intersections. It becomes very concerning when you are turning into traffic or across traffic and it feels like you will not make it across the intersections. The yellow flashing engine light comes on but I have notified the dealership 3 times (at Service Intervals) and no fault can be found. Has anyone else experienced similar challenges with their Lexus IS 300 AWD too?

I purchased a 2013 ES 350 new... was very satisfied until Sept. 24 2016. The vehicle had a little more than 19000 miles when someone failed to yield the right of way and collided with my wife near the front and left driver door while she was driving the vehicle. The damage was extensive and the insurance declared the vehicle a total loss. My concern is that neither of the airbags deployed during the collision. The other vehicle involved airbag(s) did deploy.

I contacted Lexus and gave them permission to inspect the data image on the vehicle to let me know why the airbags did not deploy. As of October 21 2016 I have not heard anything from them. I have contacted Customer service several times but did not get any information. The vehicle has been towed to a totaled lot. Not sure how long the vehicle will be available for their inspection. I have owned four Lexus vehicles and have not had any problems. I am now concerned if I replace the vehicle with another Lexus will there be a safety issue. Damage images are available if requested.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

I purchased a 2016 Lexus ES350 in May 2016. For the first year Lexus offers a one year complimentary subscription to their Enform Safety Connect and Service Connect features. The Service Connect feature is supposed to provide maintenance alerts and the health of your vehicle through a Vehicle Health Report available by e-mail or by viewing the Health Report on the Lexus Drivers Website.

The Service Connect feature has never worked from the day I picked up the car. Since May I have called Lexus Corporate 5 times about this issue and contacted the Lexus dealership twice but I get no satisfactory answers. No one can tell me what the problem is nor can they resolve the issue. Frankly I have given up on getting this issue resolved. Lexus wants $164.89 for a one year subscription for the Safety and Service Connect package. I have, therefore, decided not to renew the subscription when my one year complimentary subscription ends. Lexus has the audacity to charge $164.89 for a service where one the components of the subscription they cannot provide.

I have had other issues that I have called Lexus Corporate about. I used their Built IT tool and I relied on information on their website when I configured my ES350. However, when I went to the dealership to order the car I found that some of the information was wrong and the car could not be ordered in the configuration per their Build It tool. In addition, when I took delivery of the car I found that the interior of the car was not what was shown per the Build It tool. When I complained to Lexus Corporate about it I was told Lexus was not responsible for any incorrect information on their website and if I relied on that information then that was my problem. This was my first Lexus and it will be my last. The Customer Service is simply not what one expects from a high end car company. I have had Mercedes cars in the past and if I had an issue they promptly took care of it. Lexus does not seem to care about their customers.

I have a Lexus GS460 2011 and been using for more than three years now, and recently my ABS broke down. We bought new one for 4,000 dollars. After replacing it, unfortunately, the same problem occur. That means I have to buy again new one for another 4,000 dollars. Company should make it cheaper because the cause of the problem is from the manufacturer side. I am thinking of buying another car before the incident happened but now I have doubts and confusion to buy or not because I'm scared to take risk the same issues might occur.

I've received a Warranty Enhancement Notification ZLD over a year ago and the Lexus dealership that I take my 2006 RX330 for service tells each time I contact them about fixing my dashboard that the parts are not available. I'm writing this to find out when the parts to fix my RX330 dashboard will be available at the dealerships. This issue has lowered the resale value of my RX330.

I am an owner of 2006 GX 470 with a dashboard full of cracks. I received notice in July of 2015 that the dashboard replacement will be covered under an extended warranty Lexus must have created because of the volume of complaints received by other owners. My directions were to contact the local dealer, Wilde Lexus of Sarasota, Florida and register my VIN number and name and the dashboard would be replaced sometime in the first quarter of 2016. Today, Sept. 26, 2016 I called Wilde Lexus to get another update and I'm told I am 9th on the list. Funny, because my last inquiry, I was 6th on the list. The service rep. had no excuse for this. So I asked what I could expect and she had no idea. She said the last shipment of dashboards was in July 2016 and nothing since.

I then called Lexus Corp and spoke with a customer rep who knew even less. In fact she said dealers are getting a couple of dashboards weekly and the manufacturer is not keeping up with demand. She has NOOOO estimate or timeline to share with me. I told her Wilde Lexus has not received a shipment for over 2 months and they have no idea when to expect another. This is very poor customer service on behalf of the Corporate Lexus. I don't have an issue with Wilde, in fact they are great with service and maintain a high customer satisfaction level, in this case it's corporate who's letting down their customers. I'm not sure I would buy another Lexus because of this... however Wilde has a Jaguar, Honda, Rover, and a few other brands that I would consider over Lexus.

I purchased my 2012 Lexus in 2013 with a little over 6,000 miles. I paid extra for the additional warranty and the Auto Butler which is supposed to protect your car from scratches, etc. This is a car that retails over $50,000.00. There is only one driver (which is shouldn't matter) and the front and back seats which are leather is cracking. There has been minimal use in this vehicle. I took it to Freeman Lexus and they admitted that other customers have the same complaint but it's not covered under the warranty and Corporate would have to cover it. I contacted Corporate and they said they wouldn't do anything about it.

This car is too new to have this issue and is a factory defect or inferior product of leather if you ask me. I do NOT recommend anyone purchasing a Lexus especially if you expect to have a luxury car and put out 50k+. I owned a 2006 Lexus and never had problems. Apparently, Lexus pricing has increased substantially and their quality has declined along with their service. Shame on Lexus for using poor products and costing consumers.

I have been leasing a 2015 Lexus CT200h. Within 6 months into my lease radio started turning off and resetting back to factory settings. Meaning all my channels, bass, treble settings all of that got deleted. Bluetooth would have to be reconnected each time. I reached out to Lexus of Seattle immediately to resolve the issue. The dealer told me there's nothing they can do about it.. Shocker.. I then reached out to customer satisfaction who then arranged for the car to be looked at, at Lexus of Bellevue. They began telling me it's my phone, or my bluetooth connection. After going through 3 different phones and the issue persisting they finally had a technician who was able to have the same issue happen to him while he was connected on HIS personal cell phone. So finally they agreed to replace the radio with a NEW radio.

Well after installment of the "new" radio turns out it wasn't so new, and more than like refurbished because someone else was already listed on the bluetooth connectivity. I had pointed this out to the dealer who simply told me to "deal with it" and "there is nothing else they can do". Fast forward 2.5 years later I am driving a LEXUS with a radio that goes out every other time I drive it. I AGAIN reached out to customer satisfaction which at this point, mind you, this is 3 brand new phones later, 2 stereos later, customer satisfaction is telling me I need to go to the dealer AGAIN, have them mimic the problem AGAIN, (mimicking the problem could take several tries and several trips) and go through the whole procedure which I already had gone through, AGAIN! I kept on explaining to them that there is not justifying this kind of nonsense.

If this vehicle clearly has a flaw, either take the vehicle back and call it a lemon or stop wasting my time! This vehicle is a lemon! I have told them this so many times and all they say is that because it is not a safety issue they will not consider it as a lemon. Well, it is a safety issue! When I am driving on the freeway and the radio goes out on a 2015 Lexus am I to pull over every time and quickly try to reset all my channels just so I can have the "luxury" of listening to music?? Or perhaps I should drive in silence and just reminisce on the good old days when a 1999 Ford would have a working stereo with no issues? This is a safety issue. It distracts me from my drive. It interrupts my drive!

I will never consider buying a Lexus again! There has been ZERO customer satisfaction in my whole experience since driving off the lot on this godawful car and the run around that I have been put on to resolve an issue on THEIR car! It's a lease. It's not even my car and Lexus has done nothing to ensure that I am satisfied. Lexus should be embarrassed that a 2015 Lexus doesn't have an operable stereo. So much for "Pursuit of perfection". What a joke.

I am sure there are by far better manufacturers that appreciate their consumers and go above and beyond to ensure that the consumer is happy. At this point Lexus Customer Satisfaction is telling me to either keep wasting my time, gas, money to go to a dealer to "diagnose" the faulty stereo (which as stated above has ALREADY BEEN DONE) or there is nothing else they can do... Boy Lexus you really have screwed your reputation. Never did I think I would be saying this about Lexus. Thanks to the lovely Lexus dealers that were least bit helpful, and thank you to Customer satisfaction, the irony in that, I will never been buying, looking, considering or recommending a Lexus to anyone.

I bought a new brand Lexus IS 350 one month ago. Now with only 600 miles driven, the car brake pads are not working. Lexus warranty also does not cover brake pads because they know that their brake pads' quality is more than **. If I have to change its brake pads in every 600 miles then I have to change my brake pads 100 times until mileage of 6000 miles. Every time I will spend $300 to buy new pads so only pads will cost me $30,000. United States should consider businessing with Japan who sell Chinese products.

Incredibly my Lexus GX 470 has the paint peeling off the roof (Already peeled off the hood, which they agreed to fix) and now Lexus Corporate refuses to pay to have the roof repainted. This is not a CHEAP VEHICLE and one that you would expect this from. I am driving around with grey headliner exposed in 2 big areas of the roof and top of windshield- what an advertisement for Lexus to show everyone how bad Lexus Vehicle paint jobs are. So incredibly dissatisfied with Lexus Corporate refusing to make good on a problem that never should happen with a SUV they make. Will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER LEXUS!!!

In March 2016 I had a blowout on my way to Florida with my 2010 Lexus. A near tragedy since I had to pull off onto a very narrow shoulder of the road with semis passing at 70 miles per hours. Two months later my tire dealer told me two my tires Bridgestone Turanza with less than 20,000 were in need of replacement. When I purchased this certified pre-owned Lexus from Lexus of Englewood NJ, I was informed that all 5 tires were new. In 35 years I have not had tires that have worn out in less than 35-40,000 miles.

As a result I contacted the manager of pre-owned sales at Lexus of Englewood and told him I did not believe the tires had been replaced at the time of my purchase of the vehicle. He promised to look into the matter and get back to me. That was in May 2016. I have heard nothing. I next wrote to Lexus Customer Service with the same complaint in June 2016 but have heard nothing from them. Finally, I wrote to Jeff Bracken, Group Vice President and General Manager of the Lexus Division, with the same complaint and requested the courtesy of a reply. That was in late June and I have received no response.

I have a 2009 Lexus ES350 which has been recalled because of the passenger Air Bag. Yesterday, I tried to get some updated information as what to expect with this recall. I contacted both Lexus and my local dealer in Orlando. No one was able to provide any information -- how long before being fixed, etc. I asked for a supervisor at Lexus and they said that it would be 48 hours before I would receive a call.

At my local dealership, I was able to talk to a lady in charge of customer (un)relations and she was no help. I asked to speak to the General Manager and was denied. She said that she was as high as I could go. I do not know about you, but when companies deny you the opportunity to voice your concerns to higher management, I am extremely concerned about a business who operates in this manner. I like my car, but the service and lack of information from a supposedly Luxury car company is appalling. My last Lexus. This type of customer service is very short sighted and will cost Lexus millions of dollars -- not the way to keep repeat customers!!

My first experience with Lexus of Wilmington was about 3 and a half years ago. I had just purchased my GX470 which had a few months of the manufacturer's warranty remaining. I had the car inspected by my mechanic. He said he noticed a little coolant residue near one of the inlet/outlet pipes and suggested I take it to a dealer to replace the seals at this location. I called Lexus of Wilmington and explained the issue to a service manager. The service manager told me that such an issue was not covered under the 3 year warranty. I then called the service department at Lexus of Atlantic City and spoke with Chuck **. He told me the repair I needed was in fact covered by the warranty. He told me to bring my vehicle in and they'd fix it free of charge. FIXED, done, no charge, free loaner, and my car was clean as a whistle when I picked it up.

A few months ago I filled the tank at the usual gas station. This gas station was closed for a week while they replaced their pumps. I waited until they reopened and then filled up. The fuel I got had a load of metal particles in it. My vehicle began running poorly. I tried to leave it with Lexus of Atlantic City but they had just closed. I had no choice but to take it to the nearest Lexus dealer I could find. I reluctantly left the vehicle with Lexus of Wilmington. They had to drain the gas tank and replace filters and all the fuel injectors. That repair cost $3007.00. I picked the vehicle up and within 50 miles of driving my gas gauge went dead. I took the vehicle back to Lexus of Wilmington.

Their diagnosis was that a part they replaced had, as said to me, (fried) and now my gas gauge too was (fried). I was told that it had nothing to do with the previous repair work. I asked if the previous repair had never happened would the gas gauge have been (fried) anyway. I was told this recent damage would have happened anyway. When I picked up my vehicle I was told the good news that the part they previously replaced in the gas level sending process was under warranty (one of the fried parts). I tried to suggest that perhaps a mechanic made a mistake or a faulty replacement part had shorted out my gas gauge. The service manager reluctantly wrote on a parts sheet (No explanation, poss. power surge from previous repair). The gas gauge remediation required a new dash panel (the whole thing, tach, speedo, etc.) which cost me $1310.20.

I'm not a Lexus mechanic but I believe the facts speak for themselves. Either a mistake or faulty part led to this $1300 repair. Lexus of Wilmington would not entertain the notion that they or Lexus parts should take responsibility for the subsequent repair expense I incurred. The loaners I was provided made me think of trading my vehicle in for a new one.

Although I'm aware that service and sales are not related I cannot bring myself to engage in the purchase of a vehicle from this dealership. I think the ability to explain good experiences or problems with a dealership in a venue like this are invaluable to the consumer. I suggest to anyone reading this that they should keep service and sales separate when evaluating a dealership. Lexus of Wilmington does a good job in their sales (I sent my nephew there and they gave him a great deal) but if you read the service comments only you will see that the quality of their service department's customer satisfaction has deteriorated.

Turned in my leased 2014 GS350 three months early to a dealer in Idaho on 10 June 2016. I leased the vehicle in California. I paid my three months of payments and was told by the dealer that the car was in excellent shape. Two months later, I receive a bill from Lexus Financial requiring that I pay over $230 for excess wear and use. When I called them about it, they claim that the front bumper was cracked and they have posted a picture of it on an internet website. The picture was taken 5 days after I turned the car in to the dealer. I told three different customer service reps that there was no crack when I left the car at the dealership. They don't care. Lexus Financial is requiring full payment, as the last "customer service" rep told me that my contract states that I am responsible for damage occurring to the vehicle AFTER I turn it in.

I called customer service at Lexus Corporate and complained. That representative took my information and placed it in my file, which she said she would do nothing with... which left me appalled. She asked me what I expected her to do with the complaint so I told her that I would expect that Lexus would care enough about a customer who, prior to this issue, was ecstatic about their Lexus experience to reach out and remedy the situation to the customer's complete satisfaction. Apparently, they don't do that. It is sad, because the experience I had with Newport Lexus and Riverside Lexus is now being spoiled forever by Lexus Financial over $230. If they do nothing about it, they are surely a stupid company.

I am very disappointed with this so called luxury brand. I have received 3 different recall letters for parts in my IS250. I had to wait over a year for a dashboard and the Lexus reps seem not to have any idea when I be able to replace my door panels. NOW I have to wait for a new a year for an airbag on top of that, thanks Lexus for keeping me safe. I contacted the corporate office and was told that I shouldn't allow people to ride in the front seat of my car, and in the same sentence was told that I may not receive any other notification until the end of the year first on 2017!!! How can such a well known "luxury brand" be so careless with customers. On top of the that the 3rd rep I spoke to tried to sell me a new model!! First rep hung up on me, 2nd rep stayed silent on the phone like we were high school teenagers, and the 3rd rep tried to sell me a car.

I will never purchase or recommend this shady brand to anyone! Having this car has been nothing but a nightmare. I've also had the same error message come on and the service people have NO CLUE what's causing it, but continue to take my money for diagnoses! When I go in for scheduled service there are never loaner cars, and there have been times where I have been misquoted for services and had to pay more. I am not sure what to do at this point, Lexus has the same problem. Not a Lexus fan any longer. I guess I should start driving Uber since I can only have people in the back seat.

With 89000+ miles, I was told the timing cover gasket was leaking and to replace it would cost $3000+ because the engine must be pulled. I asked what type of gasket would be replaced. The service manager stated that a "liquid gasket" would be replaced and that Lexus does not use a fiber gasket. He also stated that the liquid gasket melts from the heat of the engine and causes the leak which happens quite often. When I checked Toyota I found the company uses a fiber gasket on their timing cover. This is a definite design flaw in the RX 350. No doubt the melting of the liquid gasket contaminates the oil. Because of the risk of the leak to happen again, as soon as I can afford it, the RX 350 will be traded for a Toyota. It proves that Lexus vehicles are high maintenance and too expensive to own.

My car was purchased June of 2006. In 2012 I was on my home my low oil light came on. When I got home I had my husband check my oil and he said there was no oil on the dipstick. He asked if I had just had my oil change told him no. Said thought maybe they forgot to put the cap back on. He looked under the car and there was no sign of oil leaking. I call Lexus and explained what happened and was advised to bring it in. I brought car in and was told there was no sign of a leak. Told them "I know it's not leaking but it is burning somewhere." Said they checked everything and it looks good.

My car continued to have this oil problem and I was putting oil before it was time for an oil change. For the past 4 years I have been putting at least 5 quarts of oil every other month. This has really been a burden to pay so much for a luxury car that's been giving me problems within 6 year old. I contact Lexus Corp which was a lost cause they are no help and do not want to do anything to help me. This could've very well been part of a recall that consumers may have a complaint but was never recorded. If anyone has had or still having this same problem with this year model please respond.

On July 5, 2015 my husband took my car to the Lexus Orland Park, IL dealership to have an oil change. On arriving, the serviceman told him that my car needed other work. My husband already knew that he could not authorize any service on my car without my approval. So my husband called me on his phone and let me speak to the serviceman on his phone. I explained to the salesman that I was headed out of town the following day and did not want to do any other work until I returned. I told him to only do the oil change. He was adamant about my windshield wipers and said that I really need new ones. So I told him only do the oil change and wipers. Minutes later I received an email with a price of $417. I called the serviceman and ask how much was the wipers and why was the bill so high. He told me I needed a 90,000 service and that he went ahead and did it. I told him I did not authorize him to do the 90,000 mile service.

He told me that my husband told him to do the 90,000 miles service. He told my husband, after he got off the phone with me that I said to do the oil change and wipers and 90,000 service. So my husband signed for the work. When I called him to asked him why did he do what I did not authorized him to do, he said, my husband told him to do it. After he got off my husband's phone he lied and told my husband that I had authorized the 90,000 miles service and then lied to me saying my husband had authorized the work. I told him I would not pay for it and I wanted to speak to his manager, but his manager said that there was nothing he could do but give me 10% off because the work had been done. These people are frauds. So do not take your cars to them. They will do work you did not authorize and will keep your car if you can't pay. I will be writing to the States Attorney office, they need to be investigated.

I purchased a 2014 Lexus IS 250 in February. Since buying the car I have noticed the gray spots popping up everywhere in the paint, so I took the car to Lexus of South Atlanta to have them look at it. They told me it was from bird poop, which I knew was not the case since my car stays clean. I had three other people look at the car after that to tell me it was not bird poop causing the paint to do that, that it was a defect with the paint they used to paint the car. Since the car is still under all warranties I call the Corporate office of Lexus and opened a case. Once I was contacted by the case worker I explained the issue to her and she then told me to take it to the closest Lexus dealer and have them do a work order and inspect the car she would then follow up with me. So I called the dealer and set up a time to bring it in.

When I got to the dealer the service manager at Lexus of South Atlanta was so rude to me and told me he could not look at my car due to the rain which made no sense seeing how the car was in the shop not outside. The following day my case worker called and then told me I had to bring it back and try and have them look at it again so that being the 3rd time taking it to that dealership. They took pictures of my car and told me that they would be sent off to cooperate then they would let me know when I needed to bring my car in yet again for the 4th time to have a man from Corporate look at the car.

The following week my case worker calls to tell me Lexus of South Atlanta had contacted her and said nothing was wrong with the car and they would not be fixing it. I asked her who she spoke with. It was the service manager there which he had no part in speaking to me or writing the work order to know what was going on with the car. She was going to close my case since he had called. I complained and she said we can go to the next step and have a man from Corporate look at it.

Finally the man from Corporate was able to look at the car. When we first met and I was showing him the spots he says "oh yeah something is going on here," then ask if we can have a body shop look at it since he was not aware that the whole car had spots. He thought it was just the door and a finder. So we took it to a body shop near the dealership which is one Lexus uses quite often. A few different men that work at the body shop look over the car and say they think it's from a chemical and that it would be $10k to repaint.

The man from Corporate then tells me if it was just the one panel and door he would fix it no problem but it being the whole car they don't feel that it's a paint defect and that they won't fix it. The service manager was trying his hardest to talk us out of wanting the car fixed. Told me my rims would come back scratched, that the value of my car will drop so much that if I traded it in I wouldn't get anything for, but if I was to trade it in how it sits with spots all over I'm sure I would get way less than what I would if the paint was fixed.

I picked Lexus as a car because they are suppose to be nice cars that won't give you problems as long as you maintain them like you should and only owning my since February and seeing how I get treated at their dealerships makes me want to never own one again and to make sure everyone I know, knows how terrible their customer service is. Their cars are not cheap and there is no reason my car should have messed up paint.

I truly think Lexus doesn't want to fix my car because of the price it will cost them. And dealing with their Corporate office is just as bad as dealing with Lexus of South Atlanta. If you miss the call and call back like the case workers ask you to do in the voice message they leave you, can never get in touch with them, and they won't call back for another day or two. I highly recommend if you're considering a Lexus car to look up reviews and do your research because my experience with Lexus in the short months of owning my car have been terrible!

Of 4 Lexus autos I've owned this is my first nightmare. I've talked with dealership in Torrance, CA for over 5 hours and 9 people later; Lexus just no longer cares about their customers. They have lost being #1 in true service. We ordered this nice new RX 350 (build online) and after 60 days kept asking the dealer if he could locate sooner than a 6 month wait. Finally our salesman at Henessey reached out and said he had one but no factory tow package (jet skis). He said one could be added by them after the purchase. Many, many, many conversations later - IT CANNOT be added! Lexus changed the wiring harness in the 2016 RX 350. My dealer should have known this!!!

We are really pissed off in the dealership as well as Torrance but apologize and neither will work a trade since we have titled it, without us coming $4500 out of pocket!! This will be the last Lexus for me, we have learned (burned) our lesson. People are now whispering aftermarket but Lexus has the wiring fix, just won't step up and assign it a part number and make it available for consumers to purchase. Instead anyone wanting their "tow package" in their desired color and interior trim package better be prepared to wait because LEXUS NO LONGER CARES!! The worse 50K purchase I've ever made!

I felt like I was taken advantage of the second I drove off the lot. My negative review is based on visiting Longo Lexus May 2014, after work on a weeknight, to look at the new IS250. I went in to see if I would be able to finance the car, how much I could get for my Lexus ES 350 trade-in, and how much the monthly payment would be, and my goal was to receive a lower monthly car payment. I would've never went in the evening if I knew I wouldn't be given an honest/fair contract due to a rushed salesman.

I was referred to the lease fleet manager Sergio ** (who was interested in me leasing not buying) and he was very nice and helpful, or so I thought. While we were working on making sure my new payment was lower than my previous payment, Sergio started changing numbers that I was not aware of until two years later when I was ready to turn in my lease. My issues with my first leasing experience. While speaking with Sergio I asked for a two year lease; he wrote the contract for 27 months. I requested and paid upfront for any overage miles based on a two year lease; not a 27 month lease, so now I am way over my estimated mileage. I never agreed on a residual value for the car with Sergio.

There was very poor communication on what was being discussed versus what was being written on the contract. Unfortunately timing, feeling rushed by a salesman wanting to head home (I was taking awhile to make a decision), and having no previous knowledge of how to lease a car, I asked my questions and trusted Sergio's answers and signed the contract. Assuming everything we discussed was reflected on the contract.

Two years later April 2016, I knew my lease was coming to an end so I read up on returning a leased car. And started shopping for a new car. I went into Longo Lexus to look at cars and discuss my lease end options only to be told I have four months left on my lease. I said this has to be wrong because I signed a two year lease and made sure to buy enough mileage for two years. The salesman at Lexus said no it's 27 months. I asked him to request for a manager to call me, and no one called. Now the lease is costing an additional $1600 in unplanned monthly payments.

Around that time I was being contacted/harassed by 3 separate salespeople, calling and emailing me about my end lease options. Each one I spoke with, I explained what happened to me, I asked what they could do for me, and what I should do to correct the issue, and if they could escalate this issue to management, and make sure someone contacts me. They all claimed they would try, but I never received any contact from Longo regarding what they are going to do to help me with my lease contract. No one appears to want to help me, I would love to consider an option of returning it and paying the lease end fee and 10 cents a mile (which is what I paid upfront). I would even consider a buy option if I was given a fair residual price.

I know I should not be responsible for paying 25 cents a mile, just because a salesman wanted to give the illusion of creating a great deal/price. I think it is unfortunate that salesmen and managers do not share with consumers how the leasing process works, and all the fees associated with leasing, especially when they're talking them out of buying a car. They do not talk about how much of a pain it is to give the car back/purchase the vehicle/lease a new car. A salesman asks for trust and they want enough information to help you. The consumer gives the salesman too much information, and then the salesman uses it against them. Instead of being helpful, they're friendly so you feel like you've been given a good deal, but they of course make sure they receive the better deal.

In the past few months, I have read a lot about the leasing process, and I've asked better questions, and I understand what was done, and where everything went wrong. I would've liked Sergio to be upfront about what he was doing to get the cost down, versus doing it and thinking I'd be ok with it, just to receive a minuscule lower monthly payment. If he would've been honest with me, I would've known I was given more months in my lease and I would've purchased more miles upfront, or I would've walked. Also if I knew the buy out option was depending on how much the residual value of the car was, I would've tried to negotiate a much better price, and if the numbers didn't work, I would've said never mind, and left.

Also, if they would've said to give the car back it would cost $400+, I would've also walked. But of course Sergio knew that, and made sure not to miss out on getting a car off the lot, and made sure his time wasn't wasted, he appeased me, adjusted some numbers like magic, and the rest is history/an awful nightmare. I should've never been honest with him about what my goal was, because then I would've been given an honest price, and I would've left, because I know my finances and what I can and cannot afford.

I've been stressed out for months, trying to figure out how to pay for all of these additional screw the consumer charges, while trying to come up with more money for a down payment for a new car, so I can get to and from work. No one seems to care, they just want to screw me more, by talking buy-out, or new lease options. No one has yet to reach out to me to address my situation, as if what happened to me is just normal sales practice for all your leases. This makes me very sad, because I thought I liked Longo Lexus, and Lexus in general. I had such a great experience with my ES 350, I thought I would try out a new body style. Worst mistake I could've made. Instead of this being a great positive, referral experience, it's a stressed out, depressing, seek a therapist, experience. If someone, who is willing and able to assist me, could finally reach out to me, and discuss what I can do, I would greatly appreciate it.

I purchased an alleged 2016 lexus gs-350 from lexus of riverside on 4/29/2016. I reported a navigation defect to them in less than two weeks. They did nothing for 6 1/2 weeks and finally sent a dealership car and service tech. We drove both my car and dealership car. In "go home" mode it took us in a round-about manner to a dead end road in a different zip code. Both my car and dealership car failed and went to dead end road but I took my garmin gps in dealer car and it worked perfectly. The dealership refused to do anything and referred this problem to their lexus/toyota headquarters in Torrance, ca. The clerk at the headquarters said we would be put in a "queue" which would take 4 weeks.

I spent hours researching, driving, photographing, documenting and sending over 30 emails to them but just got a letter giving me an assignment to send them documents they already had. I also called their 800# - useless. You get some clerk who only gives a first name and never gives you a case number. I have 1 week left for the 4-week queue, so will probably have to sue them since there is no available for this serious problem and they just delay hoping you go away.

Next I photographed the navigation screen which shows that the navigation micro sd card is dated 8/1/2015 (gen 8) which according to their published literature is only for a 2015 gs-350. At this writing, the card will be 1 year old in 2 weeks and the service manager told me they usually come out around October for about $169. So either lexus sold me a 2015 and changed the date to 2016 or they are using old parts. I had leased 4 lexus ls series before - 1990, 1995, 1999 & 2004. The 2004 was terrible and constantly needed repairs. So I left lexus. But I read the glowing reports by consumer reports and tried the 2016 gs-350 due to its alleged safety features - big mistake.

I received a letter from Lexus today informing me that my two Lexus cars (IS 250 and ES 350) will be recalled at some point in the future due to a defect in the Takata Front Passenger Airbag Inflator. It said the airbag can deploy due to this defect and possibly send metal fragments through the airbag striking and possibly injuring or killing the vehicle occupant. It also said that Lexus is working on preparing a remedy and will send another notification when the remedy becomes available. Then it says "What should you do?" "Until the remedy becomes available, we recommend that you do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat."

So their solution is to not have us drive with anyone in the passenger seat until some unknown time in the future (1 month? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?), when they finally contact us to fix the defect. This is unacceptable. How are families that need to use the passenger seat to carry everyone supposed to function with this solution? They need to come up with a short time fix until the longer term problem can be resolved, e.g., remove the deadly airbag in the near term and replace it at some point in the future. We have seat belts that can protect the passenger in the meantime and the seat belt will not kill someone unexpectedly.

My impression is Lexus sent his note because they are more concerned about their legal liability if the defect occurs and less concerned about how thousands families with IS 250 or ES 350 are suppose operate day to day and never use the passenger seat until Lexus determine the best method for minimizing their costs to address this issue.

I own a 2012 Lexus CT 200h. Absolutely love my car. 2 1/2 weeks I was in a car accident that was not my fault. My car went to Lexus of the quad cities to get an estimate. While in for getting the door fixed rust was noticed on both of the front door seams. We questioned it and had to get in contact with Lexus. My husband talked to Shawn directly at Lexus. They sent someone out to look at my car. Since my car has rust on the seams they will not cover it, as it is not rusted through. Lexus warranty says corrosion or perforation for 6 years unlimited miles.

Since the door was already being painted it would not cost anymore to fix the seam under the door. Shawn told my husband nothing he could do about it and no one else he could speak to. I don't know about you but who wants to spend $40,000 on car that is only 4 years old and it's rusted. I guess I thought buying a Lexus was not buying a Ford Focus, even though I owned a Ford Focus 10 years ago and it never rusted. Customer service not good, neither is warranty.

I've been trying to resolve this issue for about 2 years now. My car dashboard has become very sticky and when it's very sunny outside, it is hard to see through the window because of the reflection from the dashboard. When I was living in South Florida, I mention this to Lexus of North Miami. They were no help and stated to me that I should be getting a letter in the mail, which never came. When I move down to Maryland, I also brought this matter to the attention of Lexus of Silver Spring and again, the individual helping me stated that I was not on the list which didn't make sense to me. I call the Lexus Customer Satisfaction number but the rep stated that I wasn't eligible. I don't understand why I wouldn't be eligible since I did purchase the car from a Certified Lexus dealership.

The driver side rear triangle window molding on my Lexus 400rx came loose and was lost on the road. Upon going to the dealership to replace the molding I was told that the entire window had to be replaced to the tune of $235. The plastic molding can easily be replaced with super glue and attached firmly if the molding was sold separately. One has to buy the entire rectangular side rear window to the tune of $235 not including installation to take care of the problem. The passenger side rear triangle window molding is flapping at 65 mph and is ready to fall off. I was told by the dealership that this is a common occurrence with the Lexus Rx series. Lexus charges you $235 plus installation for a plastic molding that at the most would cost $10 to replace.

I have the Lexus ES 350 2011 model. My FOB only opens the front door - driver's side only. The passenger side and the rear back doors do not open. When I open manually the other 3 doors (passenger and rear back doors) and I use the FOB, it locks but will not unlock. Is this a programming problem? My Lexus technician says that I should replace all three locks at a cost of $1,500.00. Please advise.

Lexus Company Profile