Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.88/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

766 Lexus Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

Please review this article before considering the purchase of a Lexus as there are fees once a one year. Grace period expires for both the remote start feature and navigation. https://www.thedrive.com/news/18313/lexus-charges-a-subscription-fee-for-remote-start

Original review: June 28, 2019

Rear speakers are worthless. Will only work if you fade completely to the rear (no sound then from front) and increase volume to at least 45 level. Lexus will not respond other than to say that is normal for this model - a manufacturing problem. Class action?

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I am an owner of this model mentioned in title and did not know what I was getting myself into when purchasing this vehicle. Should have done further researches. Anyway, we learned from mistake. This model is well known for his faulty ABS actuator and Lexus would not want to replace it saying that you are out of the warranty time frame of 5 months (Despite the very low mileage that you have), when they know for sure the car was made with a faulty part (which is why they extended the warranty on it in the first place). That is very low coming from Lexus. They are supposed to be one of the world class customer service especially considering the price of their product. Like I said, I've learned my lesson. Last Lexus car here.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Brand new car today (2019 ES 350 with luxury package). Beautiful ride and handling. Sound system is HORRIBLE. I dare you to try and get adequate sound from rear speakers! With the 'fader' it's all or nothing. If you toggle to get more volume from the rear, the front speakers cut out completely. The sound was just as good in cars I owned during the 70's. I bought the car in Brossard (South Shore, Montreal). First thing I noticed is that there were 188 kilometers on the "new" car (about 140 miles). That's like driving half-way from Montreal to NYC!

Then, I had trouble loading a CD to listen to the sound. Turns out there was already a CD in it... Rap Music, to boot! I can only imagine where this "new" car has been before I got in it. Dealer (Gabriel Lexus) didn't give a damn... I was told simply to "enjoy the car..." My first stop was the car wash, where I got the guys to clean the windshield of film and streaks. Previously, I owned 16 Nissans and Infinitis in a row (sixteen vastly better experiences!). I hope I feel better about LEXUS tomorrow, after a good night sleep.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been a customer of Lexus for 12 years, this is my last car with them. They are rude, non-accommodating, and flat out lie. Seems there is no point in having a recorded line because clearly if it's not to their benefit it is non consequential. They call about important matters, from random ** phone numbers and NEVER leave a voicemail, and months later state "we tried contacting you"!!! I am a professional, I don't have time for mediocrity. I will never purchase another Lexus, nor will I ever again recommend them to my colleagues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: May 13, 2019

The salesman was great. The car when collected was great and then; no handbook for the sat Nav/Bluetooth etc. The dealer has tried over what are now months to obtain the handbook from Lexus but they refuse to even acknowledge the request. Established today that new Lexus are still being delivered without this handbook. For a luxury car this is totally unacceptable, I now wish I hadn't purchased the car. I've been told to download it, all 300+ pages.

Original review: May 5, 2019

We just leased RX 350. We spoke to the dealer for a long time and agreed on payment $336.00. Then we waited for 3 1/2 hours. I was getting many phone calls from work while waiting for the paperwork to be completed. Finally, I signed the deal but did not have the chance to see the car (in spite of waiting for 3 1/2 hours.) My wife spent additional hour signing. When we came home and starting reading the fine print the payment was $385.00. Also, I did not like to color of the seats. We tried to return the car but the manager refused and told us to find a lawyer. Great!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Dirty Trick at Lexus South Pointe...Beware!!! Beware!!! Baware!! All Lexus owners Just sharing my recent awful experience beside others. They have adopted Dirty Trick of misusing Estimate Sheet.... You will be asked to sign on very higher Value Estimate by saying: this is just an Estimate not actual and when you see the unexpected high bill they will show you the Estimate. You Signed the estimate. What a cheap way to steal money. They charged me Insane for Instaling one tyre. Standard of service had reached from bad to worst. It seems service advisors are forced to Rip every Lexus Owner who walks in. Horrible.... Customers are just a ATM Machine for them..

Original review: April 14, 2019

I've read many of the reviews here and so sorry to hear of so many "horror stories" when dealing with Lexus. My wife and I own two, both 2015s: A GS350 and an RX350. The ironic part.... we bought them from a terrific local Carmax, not the local Lexus dealer. Both extremely low miles and in pristine condition; both bought in 2018. We LOVE the cars.

Now.... the Lexus dealer here in Raleigh, NC is Johnson Lexus and, even though we didn't purchase the vehicles from them, they have been nothing short of fantastic in their dealings with us. They literally bend over backward to make their customers happy; prompt, fair, efficient, and GOOD service on our vehicles. Friendly, helpful staff. Do things for free very often. Just aces. So the moral of the story, IMHO, is it really comes down to the quality of the dealership you have in your area. If you're lucky enough to get a dealer like we have in Raleigh at Johnson Lexus.... you're good to go. If not? Potential nightmares. Guess the "warning" to potential Lexus buyers is this: Spend a LOT of time researching both the car AND the dealership before you act.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My teenage son was driving home late after work and the streets were empty. However there was one car that enticed my son to race. Little by little the cars exceeded the speed limit. The police told us the cars were going 85mph. My sons car hit a bump in the road, went airborne and when he came down, he didn't want to hit the other car that was racing him, so he overcorrected the other way, hit a curb and rolled the 2007 Lexus 350 6 times. The car was mangled. But my son was able to walk away from the accident with a small bruise on his shoulder where the seat belt was and a scratch on his shin. The police who saw the accident could not believe that my son crawled out of the lexus with out any injuries.

A higher power is responsible along with the excellent frame of the lexus. The front drivers side and passenger side overheard and side frame was intact. The rest of the car looked like it went thru the blender. I wish I could post pictures. The lexus 350 has always been a smooth riding car. Even though it was a 2007 with 130,000 miles on it, it rode beautifully. Needless to say my sister who owned the 2007 lexus 350 decided to buy another lexus. With its safety features, there was no question as to what kind of car she would get. However since she had a choice my sister purchased an RX 350 SUV.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My local Lexus of Kendall (FL) dealer nor Lexus corporate have resolved a problem with my 2013 ES 300h after many attempts. Lexus of Kendall dealer said if I maintain my car with them they will fight for me should there be any problem with the manufacturer in the future, so I did. Well, I reported a defect in the backseat leather shortly after my 25k maintenance appointment November 2016 while my car was under warranty. The backseat perforated leather dried and shrunk causing tension on the rest of the seat. It feels very rough and hard to the touch. The manager at the dealer took photographs, and said he will contact the manufacturer. After several months of leaving messages with Lexus of Kendall operator and voicemails I was told the manager no longer works there, and another manager (Bernardo) took over his work.

I came in person to meet with new manager March 2017, by which point the problem area became larger, and same problem started to happen on the other side. He took more photos, said it's not a Lexus defect because on one side it is "perfect circle". I contacted corporate, submitted photos, and they asked Bernardo to weigh in. He said I caused the damage but could not explain how, and if there was a defect in the leather he would not be able to tell unless the leather was taken off and he can examine the back side of it. Corporate said I will need an expert in leather to run tests and determine the cause. I have never heard of such a response for warranty coverage. They denied to fix my car while under the warranty. I contacted the 3rd party dispute resolution address, provided by Lexus, several times with no reply.

I purchased the car used with 6k miles in 2013 in perfect condition. Since then I rarely used or had passengers in the backseat. When I did have passengers the trips were short, just a few blocks in the city, and my passengers are slim. My car is stored under a carport, in a garage when I am at work, and my windows are tinted so the inside temperature does not get hot often. I have had others cars such as Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Honda over 100k miles and much older that did not have such quality issues even with daily use. My Lexus has premium leather with Luxury package, it should withstand at minimum light use. The problem from initial report to current has grown in size, and continues to grow. Terrible dealer customer service and misinformation, terrible experience with corporate. First and last Lexus. Photos from March 2017 and Feb 2019 are attached.

Original review: March 30, 2019
A Google GPS is really just unsatisfactory. It takes me on weird routes. It costs hundreds of dollars a year to update. The display is not at all intuitive. The display color is bland. You can't adapt it at all. The concierge service which I've purchased for 150 bucks is very slow. It only allows you to download five addresses in a route. And I've just ended up using Google on my iPhone for a significantly better result.
Original review: March 26, 2019

I recently made a purchase of a 2008 RX350, from Meade Lexus of Lakeside. I decided to go with the Lexus, with the hopes of landing a depending vehicle from a company that cared about their customers well being and to make future purchases. Received the vehicle in Aug. and within 30 days needed a new battery, which is not the end of the world, although unexpected. This weekend however, I took my 11 year old son to Chicago for his birthday and the vehicle started smoking and stalled on me on the 94 E expressway. I had the vehicle towed to a repair shop only to be told that the vehicle that I purchased 7 months prior, needs a new engine!!

I tried to contact the dealership as well as had the vehicle taken to another repair shop for a second opinion, after the second shop, gave me the same results. I can not believe that this dealership is selling unsafe vehicles to the public. I did all of my research prior to this purchase for this to happen to me. I too, cannot believe that I am making a complaint about a brand that I put so much trust into. My next step is to contact the attorney general office about this situation.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I am just finishing my last lease of a Lexus NXT200, the quality has been going down drastically, I had many issues in the past three years but the most annoying one is that the AC will take over 5 minutes to start cooling, really UNACCEPTABLE. I spoke to the service team and escalated this to different levels within the organization and the response was that this model and other SUVs do have this delayed feature? BAD THING!

Original review: March 19, 2019

Never thought I would be writing a negative post about Lexus! I purchased a 2015 GS350 F Sport that was certified back in November 2018. It had 24,000 miles. It is still under the Manufacturer Warranty as well as the Certified Warranty. Last month I noticed the finish on the rims was peeling. I took it to the dealer and they took photos to send to the district Manager. I was told I would hear back in about a week of a resolution. Two weeks later, I still had not heard anything. I called the service rep. He told me he would get back with me. Later that day he called and said that the District Manager said that it did not appear to be a Manufacturer issue. Dissatisfied, I called Lexus Corporate and after many phone calls back and forth was told that they will not do anything about it! This is completely unacceptable. I will be sure to tell everyone know how Lexus does not stand behind their warranty!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought Lexus RX 2017 with dent protection and Internal material protection $600 for each. Total $1200 for 7 years. But when it came to a problem. They always find a reasons to deny their service. First claim is the leather wrinkle. They asked for picture of the wrinkle. They claimed it is "bubble" which is not covered in the policy. Second claim is minor scratch on bumper happened when we move stuff in and out of the trunk, they claimed this is not a dent on metal. So they refused the service again. When we bought the car at Lexus dealer of Cerritos, CA, the salesman said most of internal and external damages are covered.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Horrible experience in customer service. I was calling to understand the bill and I thought I was speaking to a robot since the supposedly person only asked questions and when I requested an explanation only received, "I will mail you the contract." After almost 20 years being a Lexus customer I do not deserve that treatment.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

If you own Lexus ES350 and 300h model from 2013 to 2018, watch your trunk lid. It has design defect and mild wind can bring it down at three time the speed and hurt you. The trunk lid has spoiler which Lexus has never tested in open condition and is hurting many people. Per Lexus this is normal. We are ready to file lawsuits for Lexus. They ignore safety hazard.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Every statistic and fact out there indicates that service gives any company a competitive advantage, and the lack of it can be the demise of the business. When did money become first over the customer? When did customer service get so bad? I didn't expect this from Lexus. Especially since Lexus takes proud in their service and their name. I called customer service because I was told to by the service manager at my local dealership. Only with the intention of them helping me with a solution to my problem. My SD card slot cover is missing. Unfortunately for me Lexus doesn't sale this part individually. You have to buy a new stereo which cost $2389.00.

After a few days I was told by my case manager that they find a way to help me and the dealership would be contacting me. A few minutes later she called back and said that she was told to advise me to go to a pick and pull and remove the part from a damaged car. I was truly upset and belittled at this point. So I asked for a Supervisor. The Supervisor called me back and welcomed me to the Lexus family and asked me how she could help. I explained to her what happened and she explained that the part wouldn't be covered under warranty. She called back and stated she talk to the service manager at the dealership and since I bought a used I was responsible for the missing part. Ok, that's exactly what you told me yesterday. I told her I wanted to know who advised me to go to pick and pull. She was more focused on my car being used then helping me.

My car is still under warranty. It's still a Lexus what does it matter if its use? When I asked her for the service manager's name she couldn't even tell me who she talked to. Which tells me she didn't look into anything. I called the dealership and the service manager said they would never recommend anyone to pick and pull. I truly believe that the service manager didn't his best to help me. I called the exclusive office to see if they could explain to me who advised me to go to pick and pull. Days later I finally got a callback. I was told that it wasn't nothing in the notes that stated that I was advised that. I asked if the calls are recorded if it could be pull for review. No call was recorded she said. How funny is that? So did I just make this all help?? Again no help!!

The people that I talked to have Very Poor Customer service skills and are in need of a lot of training. I never got an apology for being told that the dealership would replace the missing part by mistake. What's the point of having a customer service department if they can't help the customer but only make things worse. Customers want an easy experience. No hassle and no friction. Customers want to deal with knowledgeable professional people. Customers want a friendly experience. People want to be treated like people. After all, they are people – not account numbers. Use customers’ names whenever possible. Look for opportunities to build rapport and break the ice. Show that you care. That’s what friendly people (and businesses) do. Unfortunately you won't get this from Lexus.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

First I bought an RX 350 Sport from this dealership in 2016. They put me on a variable rate and since it was the end of the day they rushed me into signing all the paperwork, when I received the bank statement. I called the manager and he put the blame on myself since I had signed the contract. Second...I have been have issues with the battery and they are saying it's because of the cold. I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and I have NO issues with the battery and it's original.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

It's been going on for years now. They call it a "reconditioning" because the word RECALL I guess is a little taboo. My interior has melted! If you catch it with your fingernail, a chunk of my dash is under your nail. My upper dash, which meets my windshield, looks wet. I can literally sink my fingertips into the dash. So, I take it in for this reconditioning and they are very thorough while taking pictures and writing notes. I take it back to get all the panels installed and they didn't even give me the parts that are affected the most. No dash, which is extremely noticeable, or door panels and arm rests where you actually come in contact every time you drive the car. It is so sticky, my interior is melting and Lexus won't replace the defected parts.

I have seen cars that are 50+years old and do not have these issues. There has to be more Lexus owners who are experiencing this same sort of mistreatment. I am willing to take this as far as making it a legal matter and posting it on every social outlet that will let me do so. Shame on you Lexus. Some of these models went for over $70,000 new, and your interior didn't last 4 years.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I just leased my sixth Lexus and I regret it! I don't care how great it drives because the music sound system is the WORSE. The rear speaker has NO SOUND coming from it at all. When you drive the only speaker that sound comes from is the front speaker. God forbid you increase the volume, the sound blasts at you so loud that it is torture to drive in the car. There is nothing Lexus service can do. It's their new sound system. It is torture! Not only that, my business only uses Blackberry phones and the new 2019 Lexus only works with iPhones. My last 2016 Lexus allowed text message to appear on the screen. Now the new 2019 Lexus models. So it is MANDATORY that you have an iPhone if you want to drive the luxurious 2019 Lexus without using your stereo system.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Long story short. Do not buy a 2019 Lexus ES350 F Sport from this dealership or any other in the United States. Their much advertised Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 is a fraud on this car model. (“Consumer fraud occurs when a product or service does not perform as advertised”.) The “Road Sign Assist” does not work no matter what you do. Lexus so called “Technology Specialist” and Lexus engineers are unable to fix the problem as of January 9, 2019. I bought a 2019 brand new one for over $50,000 on November 14. 2018 and the system has not worked from day one, even that Lexus advertisement shows a photo showing a red stop sign on the head up. Nice photoshop Lexus. I have been in contact with the Lexus dealership and Lexus Headquarters since I found out the system just does not work, and all I have gotten is a run around. If you want further information feel free to call me.

UP-Date: On January 10, 2019 at 11:12 am I received a call from Lexus Escondido Technology Specialist Rick ** telling me that the 2019 ES350 F Sport they sold me does not have the “Road Sign Assist” I paid for even that Lexus advertise it does and all my paperwork on the car says it does. If this is not fraud, I don’t know what is. I will now file a complaint with the California Consumer Protection Agency and the Federal Trade Commission about the deceptive car advertising Lexus is doing.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I leased an ES 350 2016, I could not believe in three years or less how a car could be modified. 2016 Lexus was roomy, elegant, comfortable, quiet. 2019 Lexus, tight, seats not as comfortable, noise, and more of a sports feel instead of luxury and comfort. DO NOT DO IT. I have only had vehicle for less than a month and regretting it. Showed and mentioned to siblings who also drive Lexus and they are now looking at other options, first time in years.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We leased a brand new Lexus LS460 and when the lease term had ended, we had a lot of credit balance left over and finally we just decided to purchase the vehicle since we hadn't driven it that much. We noticed that our Lexus LS460 also has a chrome rim and because of it, it's losing air for unknown reasons. We replaced the tires several times and finally found out that the chrome rim has tendencies to lose air due to it being chip or being rotten with time especially from Texas heat. We went numerous time to the dealer but never got a proper answer. We were not sure if there was a nail or if it was because of the chrome wheel that caused the tire pressure to be that low. The service and parts are so expensive that it will be too difficult to maintain it. Secondly, we never received any kind of recall notices from the company although we lived same place for years.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

2008 LS460 In New Orleans heat all 4 door panels, upper and lower dash and rear of center console all defective and melting. Lexus replaced everything Except the console. Today I brought it to Lexus New Orleans because I received a standard recall letter informing me my console is covered. They took a few pictures and informed me the parts would be in in 2 to 3 YEARS! I find that Insulting. First they give you the good news and make you drive in to get the bad news! I used the Ferrara Law Group in Miami. They won their Class Action Suit against Toyota/Lexus 3 years ago and had to bring Toyota/Lexus back to court because they were stalling/stonewalling their customers after they had already lost the case! I have informed the attorney and if more people call them they may file a new suit against Toyota/Lexus...2 - 3 Years is stonewalling!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My conclusion in short: When buying new, do not intend to keep it after warranty expiration. And never buy used. Here is a long explanation. Very expensive parts. Price fells fast. Reason - expensive parts and low demand as many know these are expensive to maintain. 7 small plastic clips fell off from bottom plastic panels. Cost for one clip $10 bucks. Should cost several cents but no more than $1. They are Lexus unique size. Lucky I found aftermarket $1.50 for 10 abroad.

Next, Lexus USA does not stand behind its cars. Exhaust rusted out and made the hole right at the place where it makes a turn at 65k miles (?) one week after extended warranty. At this place band was not an option. Cost to replace $2300, $1800 for part itself. Why? Because exhaust and converters are one complete unit. Called LEXUS USA. Response: "Our decision is not to cover even though only one week past warranty. Also our records indicate that you later started to replace oil at other places." What oil has to do with bad exhaust? "It is our decision."

I had many cars over the years including Toyotas and replaced exhaust on many of them. Some at 150k miles and above. Parts were expensive, but not that expensive. In another instance headlight was damaged. Part cost $2000. It has 2 motors in it to adjust in horizontal and vertical plane, but still it is ridiculous price. I am technical and very handy. Always serviced cars myself. My conclusion is that they are reliable, but complicated cars. Chances to fail are greater in this setup. Therefore in my opinion for long term ownership quality and performance is not enough anymore to justify cost of long ownership or Lexus policies. Lease - maybe, but then return and lets Lexus eat them all.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

WORST SERVICE EVER. I called to cancel my Lexus Enform service in July, after I sold the vehicle. I was reassured the service was canceled and there would be no future charges. They charged my credit card in October again. I called and was repeatedly disconnected by various associates trying to transfer me to someone who could help. Calling back the 5th time I was told that there was no charge to my account because they did not have a record. I was on hold for over 30 mins. They demanded documentation of proof of sale of vehicle to cancel the service. Do not sign up for this service or provide them with a credit card!!! You will be charged even after your service is canceled, your car sold etc.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I own a 2009 Lexus RX350 with a cracked dashboard. Lexus sent a letter that extended the warranty on the vehicle for 10 years however the crack occurred shortly after that time (within a few months). I spoke to the corporate office and they indicated that since we didn't bring the vehicle into the Lexus dealership for service there was no ability to honor the warranty extension. Clearly their dashboards were defective and the cracks in my case happened after the 10 years were up (which is logical as the dashboard ages). I wasn't expecting Lexus to be strong armed and quibble over a few months in the interest of good customer service. No help from the Lexus corporate office. I'm looking at buying a new car and will be bringing my business elsewhere, i.e. Audi / Infinity.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I brought my wife’s 2002 in for regular service to Palm Beach Lexus. It needed tires and some maintenance, which I authorized. After doing the initial work that I had authorized for around $2,500 they sent me an estimate for approximately $8,500 for items they said also needed repair. One of the items they claimed was faulty, was the engine mounts. Since the car only had 66,000 miles on it, I found that hard to believe since they had replaced the engine mounts previously when the car had about 38,000 miles. My wife and I have been Palm Beach Lexus customers for around 20 years and we have purchased 4 Lexus SUVs from them. We have had good service up until 2-3 years ago when they changed service managers, since then the service has gone downhill. We then took the vehicle to an independent repair shop to see what additional service was actually needed.

They came to the conclusion that 50% of the estimate that Palm Beach Lexus gave us, was not at all necessary. They claimed the engine mounts were in like new condition and many of the other items on the estimate were absolutely not necessary. I obviously was upset and called Lexus Guest Experience Center and spoke to Eric ** a case manager. He said that since the vehicle was out of warranty they couldn't and wouldn’t do anything to help and he did not seem at all concerned that the Lexus dealership was inflating estimates. He said since we were good Lexus customers he would give us a $1,500 three month Good Will Offer to purchase or lease another Lexus. I received and filed the Good Will email offer because I was planning on turning in my 2016 RX450H for a new vehicle. Two months later I started shopping for a new Lexus at a different dealership because I was not about to use Palm Beach Lexus.

When I looked at the Good Will Offer the expiration date was dated the same date I spoke to the case manager (Eric **). I again called Lexus Guest Experience and ended up speaking with someone else. I told that person I was very disappointed that no one ever followed up on my original claim regarding the false estimate I was give from Palm Beach Lexus. And to make matters worse I was also given a Good Will Offer that expired in one day. That person told me I had to speak with Eric ** the original case manager and he would call me back. Eric ** called me back a few days later and seemed to have a bad attitude. I told him I was in the process of leasing or buying a new Lexus and would appreciate it if they could extend the offer. He said the Good Will Offer was only good for 3 months and he would not extend the offer.

He said when the offer expires they would review it. Obviously, I was not very happy with his response. A few weeks later, I found a new 2019 Lexus RX450H at J M Lexus that I was planning to get, so I called Eric ** to get the Good Will Offer authorized. It took him a few days to get back to me and when he did he said he wouldn’t authorize the Good Will Offer until after I purchase the new vehicle. I told him that was unacceptable and I wanted to speak with someone else. He said he is the only one that makes that decision. I told him I was going to write a letter to Lexus Headquarters and he said go ahead, but it’s just going to come back to me. After all this I have no intention of ever purchasing another Lexus.

Lexus Company Information