2.84/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 9, 2018

709 Lexus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

This car (2007 Lexus GX470) has been a treasure to drive. It has never given me any problems. Only in for regular service. Only problem was just recently a minor crack in dashboard. Husband says doesn’t corner well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Driving a Lexus hybrid (RX 450h) I don't need an office. I can park the vehicle, fire up my internet hotspot on my phone, pull out my computer, and conduct business. The hybrid battery keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer. I average 30 miles/gallon and it has enough storage space for almost anything I need to haul.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have been waiting 2 1/2 years for the warranty Dashboard replacement on my 2005 Lexus 330. I was notified by a letter to go down and add my name to a list. I call every few months and get an update. This is a joke. If they can't get the product to do this they should not have sent out a letter saying they would replace. The Dashboard is cracking more and more and I would like to sell the car but it decreases the resale value. I feel this was not a legitimate offer from Lexus since they can't seem to provide the service.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Lexus RX350 is very reliable and comfortable machine. Handles well, quiet interior, and no maintenance issues. The interface to the control screen menu and Nav is very good. This interface was the least obtrusive and less distracting than many other vehicle’s systems which use a distracting round knob. My only suggestion would be to move the driver’s auto-window controls so that the front windows align with my left hand. These window controls are slightly off and result in the wrong window opening or closing. Overall a very above average car.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Lexus RX 350 is a dream SUV for senior citizens because it is comfortable, reliable, and safe. The back up camera and other safety features are awesome. You sit up in a position where you can see the road and everything around you and it is just the right size for large men. I love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Lexus cars until now, have been classic and elegant looking. I don't like the new Lexus cars or SUVs. They ruined the styling. First they put a silly Bow tie in front?? Then the sides look dented in, more or less caved in. My old 2000 Lexus SUV has been admired for years. I get many compliments and today it looks brand new. My dealer and at gas stations, malls everywhere, I drive it, I have had many offers to sell my car. But it rides well, very comfortable and from the driver's seat I can see the road immediately in front of me, there is no huge hood to try and look over and beyond to see the road.

The Bose radio/Multidisc CD player sound fabulous and I do not have to reload my CDs each time I want to hear a new artist, I can chose from 5 disks within the dash. Wish they would listen to drivers as to styling and comfort and convenience. Myself, as a retired designer, they went overboard and tried to jazz the car up too much. No need just give the new owners less gadgets (to go wrong) to keep the total car price more reasonable. If they fix it and go back to a classic look, I would buy a new Lexus in a heartbeat. And dealer (in RI) is very reputable and helpful anytime I needed anything, even my oil changes. They are always there to help whatever my needs since 2000 to today 2018. That is a bonus...

Original review: May 4, 2018

After being involved in a very bad wreck in Jan 2018 in my 2014 Lexus ES 350 with 19,000 miles, I contacted Lexus Customer Service due to the driver seat not staying in sitting position on impact. I was lying down due to seat not holding up, It broke. I talked to Jessie asking for someone to look at the car. Asked for him to do this right away because the car was totaled.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I own a Lexus 330, my next car will be a larger Lexus. This is the most comfortable and easiest to drive and operate. I went over 5000 miles in 3 weeks, it was great.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My Lexus RX350 is 5 years old and has been perfect. No reliability issues and unsettling surprises. Ride is rock solid, very comfortable, and restful after a very long drive.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Overall, Lexus RX 450H 2013 is a great car. Ergonomics, not so much. Real lack of storage in front seat - not even a place to store sunglasses! But about seven places to put your water bottle. Awful design for convenience. Also, rear seats don't fold flat. C'mon, would it be that hard to do? Gas mileage is so-so, at around 24 high-test. A Santa Fe would do better.

Original review: April 30, 2018

2013 Lexus RX350 nice ride, good in snow, reliable, and adequate storage. However, could be better visibility and need more room for passengers. Also navigation is poor. Electronic features are not intuitive. I end up just using my phone. I wish it had a phone integration feature.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The Lexus RX350 is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very exciting body style and comfortable, looks fantastic, and drives excellent. Lexus is a luxury vehicle and I enjoy it tremendously.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The gas mileage is about 19.5 around town & about 21.5 long distance. I love the comfortable ride & for a 6 cylinder it has GREAT pick up. I used to have a Cadillac & the car is extremely comfortable and comparable to the Cadillac. The only regret I have is the trunk isn't as big as I was used to. I get a lot of compliments on my nice-looking car. All in all I love my Lexus ES350!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Lexus in December and was told by the dealer that it came with Lexus Enform which came with a booklet of complementary services. I signed up for Lexus Enform along with the complimentary trial of Sirius radio and WiFi. The WiFi subscription is offered through Verizon wireless as mentioned on both Lexus Enform and Verizon’s website. The free trial online sign up instructions on Verizon’s website did work and I then called the number listed on their website which is Lexus Enform who then routed me to Verizon for sign up. I spoke with a sales member at Verizon who stated he was signing me up for the free WiFi trial offered by Lexus Enform.

After signing up in January I never received a bill or email from Verizon but was shocked when I received a collection notice from Verizon in April, who claimed to have billed me for three months of service. I called everyone, the dealer, Lexus Enform and Verizon to ask why was I billed for a complimentary service and how they will fix the problem. They all blamed each other for the issue and have not received a solution. Lexus Enform confirmed that the service is complimentary for a year but is unable to fix the Verizon issue even though it states on the website the service is provided by Verizon. Verizon confirmed that I was signed up incorrectly for the complimentary service and refused to help me. I’m currently waiting for a call from Lexus Enform customer care for a response.

Original review: April 28, 2018

As old as my Lexus is, it's still one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. Paint is still good (I do polish it annually), no rust, everything works beautifully. It runs smoothly. It looks good, despite its age. Sleek outside and super comfortable inside. I love my Lexus.

Original review: April 27, 2018

2014 ES300H - Will NEVER buy another Lexus nor recommend one to family/friends. They DON'T stand by their product. Car was only 3 years old & the front passenger door lock malfunctioned. It needed a new door lock actuator. Because I was out of warranty (over 50K miles), they said it wouldn't be covered & the cost was significant. The dealership convinced them since the car was still new, they should cover the cost. Eventually they did.

Approximately 9 mos after that lock malfunctioned, the driver side one did the SAME thing. Obviously there's some defective parts in this car given it just turned 4 years old. This time Lexus said they're not paying for it - they already gave me a "courtesy service" last year. Can you believe this? Didn't want to hear anything about it even when I tried to call. Wow - so much for customer service! Car wasn't even 4 years old and BOTH door locks stopped working. Think there may be a serious problem here? This is not only an inconvenience but also a SAFETY issue! The dealership was even shocked Lexus wouldn't pick up the tab. Given the car sticker was $48K and bought brand new in 2014, you would think they would backup their product, especially a Lexus. Don't count on it... reconsider before you buy a Lexus!! Truly not the same car it used to be.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Lexus 350 is beautiful, dependable, comfortable and classy. Although, it may be a little more pricey than many competitors, it is well worth it. I will choose another Lexus when I decide to trade.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Lexus GX460 is a great vehicle, a true SUV. The only negative is poor gas mileage coupled with a small gas tank; so many gas stops on long trips. Nevertheless, perfect size for four adults. Billed as a 7 passenger, not even close unless 3 of those are small children and you don’t have any luggage or bags of any size. With 4 adults you do have enough cargo room for 2 adults and 2-3 children.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It is comfortable, nice handling, easy to park and a good looking SUV. We looked at all of the luxury 5 passenger SUVs and the RX-350 stood out above all the rest. Good performer and satisfactory fuel mileage for an AWD.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My Lexus RX 450h is a 2010 model and now has over 263000 miles and is still going strong. I live in the Midwest and do have the opportunity to keep the car in a garage but it still looks great. Mileage has run 24 to 30 mpg depending on the season and my lead foot. I often refer to it as the most comfortable room in my house.

Original review: March 14, 2018

2007 Lexus RX 400h - So there is something wrong with the brake actuator in these models which will DEACTIVATE YOUR BRAKES AT ANYTIME SO BEWARE!!! I called Lexus in July 2016 to tell them that while driving on the freeway, my ABS VSC light went on, I heard a high pitched sound that went on continuously and I lost my brakes. I was with my 8 year old daughter. She was very frightened and thought we were gonna die. I called Lexus Jim Falk Beverly Hills service department and they said this was normal. They said to just turn off the engine and wait a few minutes because the ABS needs to reset. So after this incident, it happened to me 3 more times and I just did the "normal" procedure of turning the engine off and waiting 5 minutes. But just last week, I was driving my pregnant wife to the doctor and this thing happened again and we almost hit the car in front of us.

So I brought it to Longo Lexus service department immediately and they told me that my brake actuator needed to be replaced and that would cost me $4,000 to fix!!! They also told me that this is a known issue with the Lexus RX 400h and that they had a campaign that replaced these for free in 2016 and this campaign had expired December 31, 2017. It is March 2018 already so obviously I can't avail of that free replacement. So I called Lexus corporate office and told them my story about losing my brakes, not knowing about the campaign, and Lexus telling me this was normal (They actually verified that phone call in their records). They said they would escalate this to the national manager which is the highest in Lexus. So now, they just got back to me saying that even with the record of that phone call to Lexus, there is NO PROOF that the car did lose its brakes because no one inspected it at that time it happened.

Let me get this straight LEXUS, YOU WANT ME TO DRIVE A CAR WITH NO BRAKES TO A LEXUS DEALER WHICH IS 10 MILES AWAY??? All I could do at that time was call. And to tell me that this is a normal thing, I believed you, because YOU ARE LEXUS! So now you want me to spend $4,000 for your own mistake?? Gosh, I would never recommend a LEXUS because THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT SAFETY AT ALL!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Why Scout GPS Link is only available on select 2018 model year (NX, RX...) with the Lexus Display Audio multimedia head unit? The reason why I ask this question is that the existing GPS is cumbersome to use comparing with Scout GPS Link. It should be very simple and easy to implement it with the existing system of Lexus as I am a software engineer with more than 30 years of experience. Please let me know if you need my help. This add-in will definitely benefit all of Lexus car users. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Bought a 2008 Sewell RX350 in 2010; thought I was buying a luxury SUV, not so. First problem: Melted rubber handle on back door. Went to a Houston Lexus dealership and was told $500 to fix, couldn't just replace rubber cover, had to replace whole unit. Second problem: Chrome finish on both rear wheels is peeling - another defect. Third problem: Had to replace water pump +$1000 bill. All this on a garaged 2008 RX 350 with less than 80k miles! I'm a previous owner of a 2000 Ford Explorer and 2004 Nissan Pathfinder (both kept for 10 yrs 100k miles) - no problems with either one. Last Lexus for me! Now (7/2017) an oil leak. Now (1/2018) the dashboard is starting to crack. Called Lexus to get repaired under enhanced warranty program, I was told since the SUV was bought in 2007 that the 10 warranty does not apply. NEVER RECEIVED LETTER ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LEXUS OR TOYOTA!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I’m pretty bummed my Lexus RX 350. I bought it at Lexus of Naperville in 2013. It has 54,000 miles now and needs a new engine. It blew a head gasket with no warning, It’s out of warranty and Lexus corporate office denied any assistance. $10,000 worth of work??? I’ve keep up with the maintenance. Had 1 oil change outside of Lexus because their mechanics were on strike. Sorry for the long text. Needed to vent to someone. I’ll have to get it fixed but I’m no longer a Lexus fan. The only good thing is the service Manager Mike really did his best to help???

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased my first Lexus in the Spring of 2017. Everything was fine until the temperature started to drop & I would hear a loud screeching sound when coming to any stop sign. At first I thought that the brakes were bad... But after getting several opinions from the Lexus Dealership and a few others. I was told that this is a common issue and there's nothing that can be done until Lexus upgrades their brake pads/brakes & that I will be put on the "list". Not only is this disappointing because I thought highly of Lexus before but this is extremely EMBARRASSING. I feel as if I'm driving a 89 Pinto. Whenever I make a stop you can hear the loud screeching. Never will I buy a Lexus again!!! Also the Lexus Enform Remote start never works. I like in the Midwest with extreme temperatures below 0. Disappointed that I had to pay extra for something that never works!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I bought a 2015 Lexus and found out afterwards that I had to pay extra each and every year for this feature. As if that wasn't bad enough it has only worked about 3 times in 2 years. This year is no different. I have called customer service and been to the dealership and still isn't working. I have spent literally hours trying to get this resolved and was just told again that I would have to call again on Tuesday. I am so fed up. I wish I could give back my car and start over. Never again will I buy a Lexus!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

It's funny how Lexus is marketing this brand as a luxury car but forgets to stand behind the cheap quality product when a problem arises. At 10,000 miles I've ended up paying for an alignment as the car was pulling badly to the side. Bear in mind the car was never involved in any collision. The alignment didn't solve the problem and the car is still pulling. At 20,000 miles I'm ending up with the breaks at 0!!! How is that even possible for a "quality" car? No consideration for customers concerns or complaint. Now I know why Lexus is not willing to cover anything under their warranty which proves that Lexus is fully aware of the poor quality, cheap parts used for their cars! SHAME ON YOU LEXUS! YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT A LUXURY BRAND!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

VIOLENT SHUDDER/SHAKING OF THE ENGINE. When the CT200H is stationary or in motion the engine periodically shakes violently sometimes up to 30 seconds then it goes away. It happened on cold or hot starts. The EGR has been cleaned from carbon build up, has new spark plugs and coils are good. I have lately been noticing coolant loss. NUMEROUS PRIUS AND LEXUS OWNERS HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE. Check engine light. Finally came on with code P0301 "cylinder 1 misfire."

Called corporate and I was assigned a case manager. Well they were no help. They basically said "you don't have warranty on the vehicle so we can't help!" Dealer quoted approximately 4500.00 for a blown head gasket (not sure how that happened), a bad intake manifold, and ECU needs to be reflashed. Take into consideration that this vehicle has never been abused, I use it as my commuter vehicle. Also there are many people that have had the same issue with the CT200H and the Prius (both basically have the same engine/components). Anyway I'm on the same boat with others on here, I will never buy another Toyota/Lexus. Will move into better vehicles. I highly suggest doing research before investing in a glorified shiny **. Happy holidays. ;)

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My wife’s 2016 Lexus ES350 was brought in for an oil change. They told her the car needed new tires. It only has 17k miles on it, while the tires are rated for 50k. Lexus will not cover it under warranty. I’ve owned Mercedes, Cadillac, Infinity, BMW and Porsche and have never had this experience ever. This will be the last Lexus I ever purchase/lease!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I will never buy another Lexus or Toyota and I recommend anybody thinking about buying a Lexus to buy something else. Lexus does not stand behind their product or their "relentless pursuit of perfection." Be aware, I was told by Lexus that once the warranty is up they will not cover a manufacturer's defect. No matter how bad the defect as long as it not a safety issue, no matter how many hundreds of thousand of their cars have the exact same defect, no matter how well you have maintained your car.

During a recent oil change at the Lexus dealership I was told my 2006 Lexus IS 350 is leaking oil from the front engine cover and Lexus will charge $3,000 to repair the leak. My car only has 80,000 miles and have only had the oil changed by the dealer every 5000 miles. If you Google "Lexus leaks oil from front engine cover" you will see this is a widespread problem with various Lexus models. I contacted Lexus USA to request they cover the cost of the repair and was told today by their representative Eric that Lexus would only cover $1,000 of the $3,000 repair. This is after Lexus has had about 10 recalls for safety related issues, so my car has practically lived at the dealership.

In addition like many other people in the warm sunny states, the dashboard and door sills became sticky and began deteriorating when the car was only a few years old, and it took Lexus about 7 years to finally replace the dashboard and door sills after they had a class action lawsuit brought against them, and you had to ask Lexus about to get them replaced since it was not technically a recall.

Lexus Company Information