2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (770 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Lexus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This is my 2nd Lexus: my first one, ES 330 was a great car from mechanical to cosmetics! This 2nd, ES 350 is the poorest quality you can get! I was told by a service manager in N Miami, that the reason the interior materials (dash board, seats cover, cosmetically wood design, that all are falling apart), are made to disintegrate after a while! No kidding!!!? They actually do, I cannot even clean the interior because the board is jelly like, the seats covers are all broken after 2-3 years and the color will come off when you clean them, the wood design is flying up peeling as well everywhere, at 72 000 miles I had to replace the front direction and before, the steering wheel fell! And you would believe that for over $42000, you will buy a nice quality car! No, not anymore!

I was back in forth with Lexus via emails, I went to the dealer to show what is happening to the car, they said that I have to pay if I don’t like the way it looks! I called to have at least the dash board replace since is melting, but two customer service from Lexus Corporate said that the offer expired on March 31 this year and they won’t extend it, although they never told me about it when I went to the dealer or on our exchanged emails! Think twice if you planning to get a Lexus at this time: it is not the same quality or customer service as they started! A shame!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Lexus had huge issues with their dashboard, glove boxes and side arms in some models. My model was a LS460. The material used would literally melt, turn sticky and rub off in the sun or heat. They developed a program to fix their short-comings and I was told it would be fixed a couple yrs ago. I dropped off car, they said they would fix issue and did nothing. After several calls, with zero returns I went to dealer. Was told we will get you in and take care of it, nothing again. Went back and was told the offer had ended and I need to call corporate. Corporate said they would not fix and I could pay for it myself.

So, in summary, Lexus dropped the ball for over a yr and half thru a pandemic then would not make it right with a customer that has had about 10 of their cars in family over the years. Lexus only cares about selling their cars and obviously not keeping customers happy or doing what is right after their production failure with this certain issue. My advice is look elsewhere for your expensive vehicle purchase!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Rx350 Years behind in electronics and user interface. Inconsistent at best. From maps, to rear hatch to phone interface, to trip data it all is terrible. I turned in a Ram 1500 that was two years older but years advanced on all those features. The ride of the Ram was also much better. My previous four Genesis were also much more friendly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Purchased a used RX350 16 months ago. 2016 year model. Love the looks of this car. I drove a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium for over 6 years and that car was way above this car in every way. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

We feel that we have been distorted in buying my wife's first new car, We drove 3 hours to buy our Lexus at Lexus of Lansing and they sold us the ceramic coat/scotch guard. They did not complete/do the ceramic coat and over sprayed the scotch guard which left dot marks all over the inside. They were done in 20 minutes with the ceramic and when we noticed what happened tried to call. Manager refused to talk to us. We talked to sales manager. They said they were all wrong and sent us to dealer near our house Lexus of Orland who then was told by the Lexus of Lansing dealer again to try to deceive us to do a butler.

We believe we again were being decepted. Lexus of Orland agreed to do the ceramic for Lexus of Lansing and when we picked up our new car had scratches and swirls all over the car. Lexus of Orland refused to do anything. The manager said, "You did not buy it here. We can not help you." We had to take it somewhere else and pay thousands.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Dashboard cracked right after Lexus warranty ran out and they will not replace. It’s ghastly looking and scary dangerous, but they don’t care. I have sent them photos and all they do is continue tell me that case manager said we were not eligible. It’s our 5th Lexus and we cannot believe they are not replacing. Worst customer service ever. There was a huge class action case that they never sent us a letter about.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I purchased my 2919 RX450H in December of 2019 off the showroom floor with 250 miles. The first year of having my car, my car shut down on me two times. Both times I was on my way to a patients home. While in route to my clients home I started receiving Hybrid System Malfunction warnings, Pre-Collision Malfunction and Check Engine, immediately after that I received a warning to pull over to a safe place immediately and within .03 miles it automatically shut off without me being able to pull over to a safe place. By the second time, I went into the dealership and I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland about the car being very unsafe for me to drive because I never know when it’s going to just shut down on me and that I would like for Lexus to give me another car exactly like mine. I informed him the only reason I chose Lexus over the other high end cars was due to its safety history.

He informed me that the dealership aren’t able to mark my car as a lemon write off only Lexus corporation have the legal right to do that. I contacted Lexus corporation. Filled out all the required paperwork along with the service that had been performed on my vehicle due to my shutting off while driving. I later received a letter stating they reviewed my case. Could not mark my car as a lemon.

I’m here to say that my car just shut down on me again for the 3rd time for the exact same reason with only 20k miles on it!! I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland again informing him how upset I am and this is unacceptable and how I can’t believe Lexus isn’t standing behind their brand considering how they brag as being ranked as one of the safest cars on the road! Lexus doesn’t stand by their name and don’t care about their customers safety!! I do not recommend Lexus to anyone if this is how they stand behind their brand!!! I feel like Lexus IS saying “you’re on your own and deal with it”!

Original review: May 10, 2021

This year I purchased my 3rd Lexus at McDermott in East Haven. I must admit that my purchasing experiences have all been fine but there was something unique and special about Charlie ** as the Client Advisor. Immediately, I found Charlie to be welcoming and eager to help me find the perfect car with the correct color that fits into my small 1929 garage. He was totally accommodating to my weekend requests for appointments and was a man who listened and remembered my requests. He could do a dissertation on Lexus history which I found fascinating plus there is no match for his wonderful sense of humor.

In addition, it’s not over with the signing of the contract. Charlie has said that I can call him anytime I have a question about the car! This has been validated and is such a great pleasure to have this option. In addition to Charlie, there is an excellent Service Dept with Tanya and co-workers. And, there is Ryan M., A certified Lexus Technology Specialist to navigate buyers thru the technology maze and Crystal, Business Manager to help clients thru the paper maze!! Thank you Mr. McDermott for have such an exemplary team!!

Original review: May 8, 2021

This is my first time leasing with Lexus. I have leased with Honda for 16 years, ever since I got my license at sixteen. I decided to switch to Lexus, but I must say I’m disappointed. I specifically asked the car saleswoman Danielle C at Tri County Lexus in Little Falls NJ if the LEXUS RX 350 FSPORT had panoramic roof and she said, “no they don’t come with that”. After making the deal I find out that they do.

I basically have a Lexus with the same features as my 2018 Honda Accord, paying more than double the price. I’m very disappointed. I also wasn’t told that the 12inch screen was available on the Fsport as well. First and last time leasing with Lexus for sure. I could have leased a 2022 Acura MDX technology package with many more features and same price! Aside from the disappointment of service I encountered, Lexus is lacking on their technology features.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I own my 4th Lexus car which is a 2020 new 250h UX Lexus model. Ever since the car was delivered to me I am complaining about a strange noise coming from the Runflex tires the car has. The dealer would not accept the complaints nor change the tires and my general very good experience with the previous Lexus cars I owned is now completely different and the ride is just not enjoyable to say the least!!

Lexus Company Information