2.94/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

728 Lexus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called Lexus customer service over a disagreement I had with the local dealership where I purchased an RCF. After a week, a junior level employee called me back, explained to me that my original customer service contact was off for the day and then parroted the same story I got from the dealership. When I asked some follow up questions he said he was only reading from notes and couldn't answer specific questions. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I suspect that the CS rep that was working my case had the flunkie call me back so she didn't have to deal with me, but of course that is only speculation. I let it go at that although I should have told the junior guy to have the original contact call when she was back in the office.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchase a new 2018 Lexus 350RX three weeks ago. I am extremely disappointed in the Navigation System. First, it seems to take several minutes before the car connects to the service. I asked for direction to a well known business, and was told they could not find it. Please hang up and try again. I tried again, this time they could not find the business, but worse they could not locate my car. Asked if I was near the airport! No it was not. What if this was an emergency and they can’t find me!

Yesterday, asked for directions to a Civic Arts Theater, they had the correct address but the nav. system took me to a residential, dead end street. I could see the theater but could not get to it. It wasn’t even the correct street. Again, asked for a restaurant by name - it took me to a location on a freeway. I could see the restaurant from the freeway, and eventually found it. Now, I use Waze. This system doesn’t come close to OnStar.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have this beautiful Lexus LS460 that looks great on the outside and always kept in the garage. However, when you open the door and see that the door panels and the dashboard have a gray looking film on them and are sticky to the touch it spoils the whole idea of LUXURY AND LEXUS being used in the same sentence. I called the 1 800 Lexus number and they told me there was a recall for this problem but it expired last year in 2017 and that they sent out recall notices. I have lived in the same house for 15 years (longer than I have had the CAR) and I have never received a recall notice on my vehicle. I am frustrated and looks like if I want to fix it that it is going to cost thousands of dollars to do so. I am very disappointed in Lexus! I thought they were a better company than that.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I own a 2007 Lexus RX350 that was purchased in 2008. It has been a very reliable car with few mechanical issues over the last 11 years. In the last year, my dashboard began to crack and now is split in several places. I contacted my Lexus dealer who negated to even inform me there was a national recall on the dash itself. I had taken my vehicle in for routine service during that recall envelope and not one thing was mentioned! Park Place Lexus/DFW area practically blew off my concerns off and told me to call the Lexus 800 number. I was subsequently told the recall period had expired and their attitude stemmed around them informing me it was MY responsibility to check for recalls. What???

Now my paint is fading/peeling even though my car is perpetually garaged and I work overseas 18 days/month. It only has 67k miles! I really loved my Lexus but my experience with my dealer and Lexus HQ has all but convinced me it's time to go with another brand. Lexus... you've lost my business!!! Buyers... Consider yourself warned!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Leased 2017 GX 460 white SUV. Paint discoloration, and the called “leather” seats are crap. They are stained and the dealer cleaned the seats and now I got pieces missing. I’ve never been so disappointed and upset. So besides the above mentioned. They installed two TV’s on each seat and there’s a huge color difference between the top headrest where the TV are installed and the actual seat. I always owed the TVs that come installed from the manufacturer not aftermarket by Lexus. So when we take the car for the scheduled maintenance now if you need a loaner it takes 3-4 weeks for the Lexus dealership to give an appointment date. To top it out they don’t wash nor vacuum the car.

Basically, you are better off going to the Hyundai, Honda or Kia dealership. Pay way less and get excellent customer service and no stress. Trust me Lexus IS way overpriced for the quality. Example. My friends wanted a Lexus just like ours but they started noticing all the defects and they got an BMW SUV. You should see the difference. First in the customer service was excellent and the luxury and technology of the car. Lexus are all outdated and with many issues on quality. There’s something serious going on with the quality control department. Reported all and they promised me back in November, then in December to order me a black on black Lexus.

The pigeon died on the way! It’s August and nothing. And we have been dumb enough to recommend family and friends to the torture and they have done business but consideration for us. Watch when my lease is over that I’ve driven that nasty looking car how the black on black will magically appear but to their surprise they lost another customer. Last Lexus that I purchase or lease.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Purchased the pre-certified SUV (2013 Lexus GX 460) with 22k miles. The following week I noticed the front left bumper was detaching from the body. Brought it back to the dealer who sent it to auto body shop to have it repaired. He installed new pins. The following month noticed the same bumper plus the rear right bumper panel was falling off. Brought it back again, this time they placed a bracket into the panel. Approximately 6 months later, the same issue occurred so I kept pushing the panel back in.

In June 2018 I noticed the rear and front bumper panels were worse than ever. Just returned from the dealer and was told at this point there is nothing they can do since this a manufacturing defect that is common with Lexus as well as Toyota vehicles. The only way it may solve the problem permanently is to replace both bumpers!! Owned a couple of Lexus SUVs in the past and never had this issue until I purchased this model. NEVER BUYING A LEXUS/TOYOTA AGAIN!!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

There was a recall on my Lexus SUV. I was in the hospital when it came out and missed it. Shortly after expiration date I called Lexus and they told me to bring car to the dealer. The dealer found the problem and was happy to fix it. When they reached out for approval at corporate the dealer was told that Lexus would not approve. I wrote the CEO of Lexus USA explaining the problem and challenge due to medical issues. The CEO nor anyone ever had the courtesy to respond to my letter. The problem with the Lexus is only getting worse. This is not a company that cares about the customer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Probably this was my worst decision to buy a pre-owned 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD back in 2016. I was certainly duped by looking at those J.D. Power ratings of dependability and reliability. Bought a pre-owned Lexus dealer certified 2014 IS 250 AWD and vehicle is in a very good in condition until a couple of days ago where AC was blowing hot air when I was doing a long trip with my family along with my newborn four and a half month old. The AC was working fine till we reach the destination and on our way back is where the AC did not work and we had to drive back home 140 miles under 95 degrees hot day with a four and a half month baby. I had shared my experience with my colleagues and they say I should've bought an extended warranty. Damn! Why in the world should I buy an extended warranty when I am paying so much for a car which is branded as reliable and dependable? This is nuts.

So, I took my vehicle to the local Toyota dealer (obvious that the Lexus dealer is going to rip me off with their charges and that is totally fine because it's "LEXUS") and it costs me $700 to fix a sensor and redo the whole AC to be up and working. Very dissatisfied with Lexus and did not expected this kind of issue when the vehicle is still under 100,000 miles. Definitely, moving to a different brand in a very short time.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought a RX350 (2008) Certified Preowned Lexus in 2009 from PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX. In 2013, I noticed a crack in the dashboard by the driver’s side vent. Called PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX and was told cracks in the dashboard are not under warranty and it may have been caused by what I was using to clean the dashboard. After arguing with the service guy he went to the service manager and they agreed to repair it and they did.

Now in 2018, I have two cracks in the dashboard by the passenger air vent. Researched on the internet to see if other Lexus owners had similar issues. To my surprise many owners have this issue and Lexus had offered to replace the entire dashboard if you have cracks or melting of the dashboard. The dealership told me I needed to call corporate to obtain approval for the dashboard replacement. I called corporate office and they did not show the cracked dashboard had been previously repaired and the offer to replace the defective dashboard had expired in October 2017. I asked if they could repair just the cracks like last time and was told that decision is up to the dealership.

I called PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO, TX to see if I could still get the dashboard replaced or repaired. Their system showed the crack in the dashboard was repaired in October 2009. The dealership did not correspond to corporate of my previous repair which I have documentation and receipt. After speaking to the service representative and service manager they will not replace the dashboard since it is up to corporate to approve and will not repair the cracks because one of the cracks is in front of the airbag.

Bottom line to replace the defective dashboard I will have to pay approximately ~$2,000. I bought a Lexus based on the reputation of a quality vehicle. Had I known it was so cheap that the dashboard would need to be totally replaced in less than 10 years my decision would have been different. I understand vehicle parts wear out and need to be replaced but not a dashboard. This car is always garaged at home and at work and only has 76k miles. A dashboard should not have cracks on a vehicle this soon and definitely not on any quality luxury car. Based on this experience I would strongly recommend others to stay away of a LEXUS and PARK PLACE LEXUS OF PLANO.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I am just bought a brand new 2108 RX350 on July 4, 2018, and already having with this issue (steering wheel make noise when make a turn left or right). I am very disappointed because just 2 weeks driving and a car got the problem. What is kind of quality of Lexus? What is a Lexus brand name??? I wish I can return or change difference car. Might be this is a last one and never buy again. Hope everyone can read my post then don't buy Lexus. Otherwise you might make the same my mistake.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The car feels like a status symbol and the reputation and style contributed to my selection. The luxury features sold me. The heated seats the leather interior, the camera, the overall look of the car's body and the reputation of the brand. Love all the power items, the style, comfort and smooth ride. It gets attention, the seats are so comfortable and there is adequate leg room in back. It's a great luxury car. I am happy with all features but maybe have lower price, self driving and parking. Available in more colors, more standard features and more customizable features also.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Lexus RX350 is comfortable and roomy. Gives a very quiet ride. It was purchased used but being a quality vehicle we expect to get many years of service. It has a powerful engine so can be used for towing. It feels heavy on the road so feels safe. Good anti-theft system. The tinted windows cut down on sun glare. It has two power front seats. Like the all leather interior, the heated front seats and duel climate controls. Power lift rear door. Has several indictor lights to show if there is a problem with things like the oil level or the tires. But the indicator light for low tire pressure is hard to reset. It does not have a backup camera. It is kind of hard to get to the spare tire and I would have preferred a regular spare to the donut spare.

Original review: June 24, 2018

This Lexus 350 ES is very comfortable, roomy, smooth & quiet ride. Also good looking, feels heavy on the road, great services. Had to get the ES since RX too high for me - not comfortable on my back. Convenient dealer for service and free, unlimited car washes!!! 5th Lexus purchased - some different models RX & ES, great service all over the world and especially from this dealer. I love the ease of a loaner when they are doing work on my car. But I would like a tighter turning radius for the car and to have the ES in a hatchback type of rear for larger packages, luggage, etc. Better gas mileage, cheaper price in purchase and service too.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I like the make, the model and the color of the vehicle. Plus I love to drive and do so often, from every day going to work to vacations that we take as often as we can when we want to and need to. I like the add-ons that I received when I bought the car plus all the aftermarket things that I put on and in my car after I bought it. I like my car and would buy it again and again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Lexus NX-300 we bought has worked out well for us. The vehicle has exceeded our expectations. We like the fact that this is a SUV. The part time AWD is really helpful here in the Chicago area. Also, the GPS in the car is really helpful and has traffic and construction updates. We like the heated seats too and the satellite radio. Bredemann Lexus where we bought the vehicle has our exceeded our expectations too. But the motion detector to get the rear liftgate to go up needs improvement. The motion detector isn't very sensitive and is sometimes quicker to use the keys. Otherwise, the vehicle works just great.

A:

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Lexus ES350 was top rated for safety and was a Best Buy for 2017. Comfortable and easy to drive, with enough power for emergency situations. I like the rearview camera and lane departure warning systems. The lane departure warning is very helpful, as well as the backup camera. Controls are easy to reach on the dashboard. But I do not like the driver side seat as compared to my BMW seats as it does not hold you in the seat enough. I also dislike the seat headrest as it is too far forward.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When the Vehicle Finder function on the Enform Remote app failed to locate my 2018 RX350L, the returned map pointed to location of the key at home instead of actual location of the car which has been left in another city. We called Enform customer service and spoke with Kadijah at 1-800-255-3987 for help with the issues. After approx. half an hour of troubleshooting with the app being re-installed and re-loaded, Vehicle Finder still pointed to location of the key instead of actual location of the car.

Customer service Kadijah then created case # ** and advised to us contact dealership for further assistance. Next we called Enform secondary number 1-800-817-8742 and was answered by customer service Emmanuel. This customer service insisted that the car first has to be reported as lost or stolen before it can be located by the app. However, this customer service did not sound like he understand the concept of the remote app and gave answers that are not related to the issues.

We were not really happy with his answers and asked to speak with either another Tech Support person or his superior. His response is no such person is Tech support or Supervisor. What an unacceptable behavior for a customer service personnel from Lexus Drivers Enform! We'll definitely file a complaint towards Emmanuel and wish both his superiors and management team from Lexus Drivers Enform Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com have read this review. We've also informed Fremont Lexus at 1-510-657-6600 and requested the dealership to escalate the issues.

Original review: May 28, 2018

BEWARE of SERIOUS safety concerns with South Bay Lexus on Crenshaw service dept. I paid $1700 for new rear brakes and a CV boot. Picked up my car, drove it 4 miles, and attempted to stop at the light before the entrance of the 405. My car would NOT STOP! I had NO BRAKES!! I quickly turned the car left and repeatedly pulled up on my emergency brake and was able to eventually bring my car to a stop. Thankfully, the light before the entrance of the 405 turned red otherwise, I would have entered the freeway with NO BRAKES!!

Had to get the car towed back to South Bay Lexus on Crenshaw. They apologized profusely and explained the mechanic neglected to put two of the caliper bolts back! They were very sorry for putting me in a "life threatening situation". I could have been killed and/or killed other people! Obviously, no one drove my car after it was "repaired" to make sure all was good to go. This is absolute negligence on the part of this dealership/service dept.

Original review: May 9, 2018

This car (2007 Lexus GX470) has been a treasure to drive. It has never given me any problems. Only in for regular service. Only problem was just recently a minor crack in dashboard. Husband says doesn’t corner well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Driving a Lexus hybrid (RX 450h) I don't need an office. I can park the vehicle, fire up my internet hotspot on my phone, pull out my computer, and conduct business. The hybrid battery keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer. I average 30 miles/gallon and it has enough storage space for almost anything I need to haul.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have been waiting 2 1/2 years for the warranty Dashboard replacement on my 2005 Lexus 330. I was notified by a letter to go down and add my name to a list. I call every few months and get an update. This is a joke. If they can't get the product to do this they should not have sent out a letter saying they would replace. The Dashboard is cracking more and more and I would like to sell the car but it decreases the resale value. I feel this was not a legitimate offer from Lexus since they can't seem to provide the service.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Lexus RX350 is very reliable and comfortable machine. Handles well, quiet interior, and no maintenance issues. The interface to the control screen menu and Nav is very good. This interface was the least obtrusive and less distracting than many other vehicle’s systems which use a distracting round knob. My only suggestion would be to move the driver’s auto-window controls so that the front windows align with my left hand. These window controls are slightly off and result in the wrong window opening or closing. Overall a very above average car.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Lexus RX 350 is a dream SUV for senior citizens because it is comfortable, reliable, and safe. The back up camera and other safety features are awesome. You sit up in a position where you can see the road and everything around you and it is just the right size for large men. I love it!

Original review: May 6, 2018

There is a minor low level rattle inside the dash of my Lexus GS350 that can be heard only when the outside temp is under 70 F. And it could not be duplicated by the dealership.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Lexus cars until now, have been classic and elegant looking. I don't like the new Lexus cars or SUVs. They ruined the styling. First they put a silly Bow tie in front?? Then the sides look dented in, more or less caved in. My old 2000 Lexus SUV has been admired for years. I get many compliments and today it looks brand new. My dealer and at gas stations, malls everywhere, I drive it, I have had many offers to sell my car. But it rides well, very comfortable and from the driver's seat I can see the road immediately in front of me, there is no huge hood to try and look over and beyond to see the road.

The Bose radio/Multidisc CD player sound fabulous and I do not have to reload my CDs each time I want to hear a new artist, I can chose from 5 disks within the dash. Wish they would listen to drivers as to styling and comfort and convenience. Myself, as a retired designer, they went overboard and tried to jazz the car up too much. No need just give the new owners less gadgets (to go wrong) to keep the total car price more reasonable. If they fix it and go back to a classic look, I would buy a new Lexus in a heartbeat. And dealer (in RI) is very reputable and helpful anytime I needed anything, even my oil changes. They are always there to help whatever my needs since 2000 to today 2018. That is a bonus...

Original review: May 4, 2018

After being involved in a very bad wreck in Jan 2018 in my 2014 Lexus ES 350 with 19,000 miles, I contacted Lexus Customer Service due to the driver seat not staying in sitting position on impact. I was lying down due to seat not holding up, It broke. I talked to Jessie asking for someone to look at the car. Asked for him to do this right away because the car was totaled.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I own a Lexus 330, my next car will be a larger Lexus. This is the most comfortable and easiest to drive and operate. I went over 5000 miles in 3 weeks, it was great.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My Lexus RX350 is 5 years old and has been perfect. No reliability issues and unsettling surprises. Ride is rock solid, very comfortable, and restful after a very long drive.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Overall, Lexus RX 450H 2013 is a great car. Ergonomics, not so much. Real lack of storage in front seat - not even a place to store sunglasses! But about seven places to put your water bottle. Awful design for convenience. Also, rear seats don't fold flat. C'mon, would it be that hard to do? Gas mileage is so-so, at around 24 high-test. A Santa Fe would do better.

Original review: April 30, 2018

2013 Lexus RX350 nice ride, good in snow, reliable, and adequate storage. However, could be better visibility and need more room for passengers. Also navigation is poor. Electronic features are not intuitive. I end up just using my phone. I wish it had a phone integration feature.

Lexus Company Information