3.28/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

718 Lexus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

The car feels like a status symbol and the reputation and style contributed to my selection. The luxury features sold me. The heated seats the leather interior, the camera, the overall look of the car's body and the reputation of the brand. Love all the power items, the style, comfort and smooth ride. It gets attention, the seats are so comfortable and there is adequate leg room in back. It's a great luxury car. I am happy with all features but maybe have lower price, self driving and parking. Available in more colors, more standard features and more customizable features also.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Lexus RX350 is comfortable and roomy. Gives a very quiet ride. It was purchased used but being a quality vehicle we expect to get many years of service. It has a powerful engine so can be used for towing. It feels heavy on the road so feels safe. Good anti-theft system. The tinted windows cut down on sun glare. It has two power front seats. Like the all leather interior, the heated front seats and duel climate controls. Power lift rear door. Has several indictor lights to show if there is a problem with things like the oil level or the tires. But the indicator light for low tire pressure is hard to reset. It does not have a backup camera. It is kind of hard to get to the spare tire and I would have preferred a regular spare to the donut spare.

Lexus • 718 Customer Reviews and Complaints • ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 24, 2018

This Lexus 350 ES is very comfortable, roomy, smooth & quiet ride. Also good looking, feels heavy on the road, great services. Had to get the ES since RX too high for me - not comfortable on my back. Convenient dealer for service and free, unlimited car washes!!! 5th Lexus purchased - some different models RX & ES, great service all over the world and especially from this dealer. I love the ease of a loaner when they are doing work on my car. But I would like a tighter turning radius for the car and to have the ES in a hatchback type of rear for larger packages, luggage, etc. Better gas mileage, cheaper price in purchase and service too.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I like the make, the model and the color of the vehicle. Plus I love to drive and do so often, from every day going to work to vacations that we take as often as we can when we want to and need to. I like the add-ons that I received when I bought the car plus all the aftermarket things that I put on and in my car after I bought it. I like my car and would buy it again and again.

Original review: June 22, 2018 The Lexus NX-300 we bought has worked out well for us. The vehicle has exceeded our expectations. We like the fact that this is a SUV. The part time AWD is really helpful here in the Chicago area. Also, the GPS in the car is really helpful and has traffic and construction updates. We like the heated seats too and the satellite radio. Bredemann Lexus where we bought the vehicle has our exceeded our expectations too. But the motion detector to get the rear liftgate to go up needs improvement. The motion detector isn't very sensitive and is sometimes quicker to use the keys. Otherwise, the vehicle works just great.

A:

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Lexus ES350 was top rated for safety and was a Best Buy for 2017. Comfortable and easy to drive, with enough power for emergency situations. I like the rearview camera and lane departure warning systems. The lane departure warning is very helpful, as well as the backup camera. Controls are easy to reach on the dashboard. But I do not like the driver side seat as compared to my BMW seats as it does not hold you in the seat enough. I also dislike the seat headrest as it is too far forward.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When the Vehicle Finder function on the Enform Remote app failed to locate my 2018 RX350L, the returned map pointed to location of the key at home instead of actual location of the car which has been left in another city. We called Enform customer service and spoke with Kadijah at 1-800-255-3987 for help with the issues. After approx. half an hour of troubleshooting with the app being re-installed and re-loaded, Vehicle Finder still pointed to location of the key instead of actual location of the car.

Customer service Kadijah then created case # ** and advised to us contact dealership for further assistance. Next we called Enform secondary number 1-800-817-8742 and was answered by customer service Emmanuel. This customer service insisted that the car first has to be reported as lost or stolen before it can be located by the app. However, this customer service did not sound like he understand the concept of the remote app and gave answers that are not related to the issues.

We were not really happy with his answers and asked to speak with either another Tech Support person or his superior. His response is no such person is Tech support or Supervisor. What an unacceptable behavior for a customer service personnel from Lexus Drivers Enform! We'll definitely file a complaint towards Emmanuel and wish both his superiors and management team from Lexus Drivers Enform Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com have read this review. We've also informed Fremont Lexus at 1-510-657-6600 and requested the dealership to escalate the issues.

Original review: May 28, 2018

BEWARE of SERIOUS safety concerns with South Bay Lexus on Crenshaw service dept. I paid $1700 for new rear brakes and a CV boot. Picked up my car, drove it 4 miles, and attempted to stop at the light before the entrance of the 405. My car would NOT STOP! I had NO BRAKES!! I quickly turned the car left and repeatedly pulled up on my emergency brake and was able to eventually bring my car to a stop. Thankfully, the light before the entrance of the 405 turned red otherwise, I would have entered the freeway with NO BRAKES!!

Had to get the car towed back to South Bay Lexus on Crenshaw. They apologized profusely and explained the mechanic neglected to put two of the caliper bolts back! They were very sorry for putting me in a "life threatening situation". I could have been killed and/or killed other people! Obviously, no one drove my car after it was "repaired" to make sure all was good to go. This is absolute negligence on the part of this dealership/service dept.

Original review: May 9, 2018

This car (2007 Lexus GX470) has been a treasure to drive. It has never given me any problems. Only in for regular service. Only problem was just recently a minor crack in dashboard. Husband says doesn’t corner well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Driving a Lexus hybrid (RX 450h) I don't need an office. I can park the vehicle, fire up my internet hotspot on my phone, pull out my computer, and conduct business. The hybrid battery keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer. I average 30 miles/gallon and it has enough storage space for almost anything I need to haul.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have been waiting 2 1/2 years for the warranty Dashboard replacement on my 2005 Lexus 330. I was notified by a letter to go down and add my name to a list. I call every few months and get an update. This is a joke. If they can't get the product to do this they should not have sent out a letter saying they would replace. The Dashboard is cracking more and more and I would like to sell the car but it decreases the resale value. I feel this was not a legitimate offer from Lexus since they can't seem to provide the service.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Lexus RX350 is very reliable and comfortable machine. Handles well, quiet interior, and no maintenance issues. The interface to the control screen menu and Nav is very good. This interface was the least obtrusive and less distracting than many other vehicle’s systems which use a distracting round knob. My only suggestion would be to move the driver’s auto-window controls so that the front windows align with my left hand. These window controls are slightly off and result in the wrong window opening or closing. Overall a very above average car.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Lexus RX 350 is a dream SUV for senior citizens because it is comfortable, reliable, and safe. The back up camera and other safety features are awesome. You sit up in a position where you can see the road and everything around you and it is just the right size for large men. I love it!

Original review: May 6, 2018

There is a minor low level rattle inside the dash of my Lexus GS350 that can be heard only when the outside temp is under 70 F. And it could not be duplicated by the dealership.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The Lexus cars until now, have been classic and elegant looking. I don't like the new Lexus cars or SUVs. They ruined the styling. First they put a silly Bow tie in front?? Then the sides look dented in, more or less caved in. My old 2000 Lexus SUV has been admired for years. I get many compliments and today it looks brand new. My dealer and at gas stations, malls everywhere, I drive it, I have had many offers to sell my car. But it rides well, very comfortable and from the driver's seat I can see the road immediately in front of me, there is no huge hood to try and look over and beyond to see the road.

The Bose radio/Multidisc CD player sound fabulous and I do not have to reload my CDs each time I want to hear a new artist, I can chose from 5 disks within the dash. Wish they would listen to drivers as to styling and comfort and convenience. Myself, as a retired designer, they went overboard and tried to jazz the car up too much. No need just give the new owners less gadgets (to go wrong) to keep the total car price more reasonable. If they fix it and go back to a classic look, I would buy a new Lexus in a heartbeat. And dealer (in RI) is very reputable and helpful anytime I needed anything, even my oil changes. They are always there to help whatever my needs since 2000 to today 2018. That is a bonus...

Original review: May 4, 2018

After being involved in a very bad wreck in Jan 2018 in my 2014 Lexus ES 350 with 19,000 miles, I contacted Lexus Customer Service due to the driver seat not staying in sitting position on impact. I was lying down due to seat not holding up, It broke. I talked to Jessie asking for someone to look at the car. Asked for him to do this right away because the car was totaled.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I own a Lexus 330, my next car will be a larger Lexus. This is the most comfortable and easiest to drive and operate. I went over 5000 miles in 3 weeks, it was great.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My Lexus RX350 is 5 years old and has been perfect. No reliability issues and unsettling surprises. Ride is rock solid, very comfortable, and restful after a very long drive.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Overall, Lexus RX 450H 2013 is a great car. Ergonomics, not so much. Real lack of storage in front seat - not even a place to store sunglasses! But about seven places to put your water bottle. Awful design for convenience. Also, rear seats don't fold flat. C'mon, would it be that hard to do? Gas mileage is so-so, at around 24 high-test. A Santa Fe would do better.

Original review: April 30, 2018

2013 Lexus RX350 nice ride, good in snow, reliable, and adequate storage. However, could be better visibility and need more room for passengers. Also navigation is poor. Electronic features are not intuitive. I end up just using my phone. I wish it had a phone integration feature.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The Lexus RX350 is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very exciting body style and comfortable, looks fantastic, and drives excellent. Lexus is a luxury vehicle and I enjoy it tremendously.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The gas mileage is about 19.5 around town & about 21.5 long distance. I love the comfortable ride & for a 6 cylinder it has GREAT pick up. I used to have a Cadillac & the car is extremely comfortable and comparable to the Cadillac. The only regret I have is the trunk isn't as big as I was used to. I get a lot of compliments on my nice-looking car. All in all I love my Lexus ES350!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Lexus in December and was told by the dealer that it came with Lexus Enform which came with a booklet of complementary services. I signed up for Lexus Enform along with the complimentary trial of Sirius radio and WiFi. The WiFi subscription is offered through Verizon wireless as mentioned on both Lexus Enform and Verizon’s website. The free trial online sign up instructions on Verizon’s website did work and I then called the number listed on their website which is Lexus Enform who then routed me to Verizon for sign up. I spoke with a sales member at Verizon who stated he was signing me up for the free WiFi trial offered by Lexus Enform.

After signing up in January I never received a bill or email from Verizon but was shocked when I received a collection notice from Verizon in April, who claimed to have billed me for three months of service. I called everyone, the dealer, Lexus Enform and Verizon to ask why was I billed for a complimentary service and how they will fix the problem. They all blamed each other for the issue and have not received a solution. Lexus Enform confirmed that the service is complimentary for a year but is unable to fix the Verizon issue even though it states on the website the service is provided by Verizon. Verizon confirmed that I was signed up incorrectly for the complimentary service and refused to help me. I’m currently waiting for a call from Lexus Enform customer care for a response.

Original review: April 28, 2018

As old as my Lexus is, it's still one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. Paint is still good (I do polish it annually), no rust, everything works beautifully. It runs smoothly. It looks good, despite its age. Sleek outside and super comfortable inside. I love my Lexus.

Original review: April 27, 2018

2014 ES300H - Will NEVER buy another Lexus nor recommend one to family/friends. They DON'T stand by their product. Car was only 3 years old & the front passenger door lock malfunctioned. It needed a new door lock actuator. Because I was out of warranty (over 50K miles), they said it wouldn't be covered & the cost was significant. The dealership convinced them since the car was still new, they should cover the cost. Eventually they did.

Approximately 9 mos after that lock malfunctioned, the driver side one did the SAME thing. Obviously there's some defective parts in this car given it just turned 4 years old. This time Lexus said they're not paying for it - they already gave me a "courtesy service" last year. Can you believe this? Didn't want to hear anything about it even when I tried to call. Wow - so much for customer service! Car wasn't even 4 years old and BOTH door locks stopped working. Think there may be a serious problem here? This is not only an inconvenience but also a SAFETY issue! The dealership was even shocked Lexus wouldn't pick up the tab. Given the car sticker was $48K and bought brand new in 2014, you would think they would backup their product, especially a Lexus. Don't count on it... reconsider before you buy a Lexus!! Truly not the same car it used to be.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Lexus 350 is beautiful, dependable, comfortable and classy. Although, it may be a little more pricey than many competitors, it is well worth it. I will choose another Lexus when I decide to trade.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Lexus GX460 is a great vehicle, a true SUV. The only negative is poor gas mileage coupled with a small gas tank; so many gas stops on long trips. Nevertheless, perfect size for four adults. Billed as a 7 passenger, not even close unless 3 of those are small children and you don’t have any luggage or bags of any size. With 4 adults you do have enough cargo room for 2 adults and 2-3 children.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It is comfortable, nice handling, easy to park and a good looking SUV. We looked at all of the luxury 5 passenger SUVs and the RX-350 stood out above all the rest. Good performer and satisfactory fuel mileage for an AWD.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My Lexus RX 450h is a 2010 model and now has over 263000 miles and is still going strong. I live in the Midwest and do have the opportunity to keep the car in a garage but it still looks great. Mileage has run 24 to 30 mpg depending on the season and my lead foot. I often refer to it as the most comfortable room in my house.

Original review: March 14, 2018

2007 Lexus RX 400h - So there is something wrong with the brake actuator in these models which will DEACTIVATE YOUR BRAKES AT ANYTIME SO BEWARE!!! I called Lexus in July 2016 to tell them that while driving on the freeway, my ABS VSC light went on, I heard a high pitched sound that went on continuously and I lost my brakes. I was with my 8 year old daughter. She was very frightened and thought we were gonna die. I called Lexus Jim Falk Beverly Hills service department and they said this was normal. They said to just turn off the engine and wait a few minutes because the ABS needs to reset. So after this incident, it happened to me 3 more times and I just did the "normal" procedure of turning the engine off and waiting 5 minutes. But just last week, I was driving my pregnant wife to the doctor and this thing happened again and we almost hit the car in front of us.

So I brought it to Longo Lexus service department immediately and they told me that my brake actuator needed to be replaced and that would cost me $4,000 to fix!!! They also told me that this is a known issue with the Lexus RX 400h and that they had a campaign that replaced these for free in 2016 and this campaign had expired December 31, 2017. It is March 2018 already so obviously I can't avail of that free replacement. So I called Lexus corporate office and told them my story about losing my brakes, not knowing about the campaign, and Lexus telling me this was normal (They actually verified that phone call in their records). They said they would escalate this to the national manager which is the highest in Lexus. So now, they just got back to me saying that even with the record of that phone call to Lexus, there is NO PROOF that the car did lose its brakes because no one inspected it at that time it happened.

Let me get this straight LEXUS, YOU WANT ME TO DRIVE A CAR WITH NO BRAKES TO A LEXUS DEALER WHICH IS 10 MILES AWAY??? All I could do at that time was call. And to tell me that this is a normal thing, I believed you, because YOU ARE LEXUS! So now you want me to spend $4,000 for your own mistake?? Gosh, I would never recommend a LEXUS because THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT SAFETY AT ALL!

Lexus Company Information