Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

Lexus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Toyota hits a home run every year with the flagship Lexus LS460. The car is put together flawlessly. The mechanical parts roar and purr and make reassuring sounds as the interior parts cuddle you in refined comfort. I have well over 200,000 miles on my 2007 model and no intention of trading it in the near future. In most ways this classic machine is just getting broken in about now. I have followed all recommended service calls, both in and now long out of warranty, and been rewarded with a vehicle that still rules the road. It shines almost as brilliantly after a good wash now as it did right off the showroom floor. I could not be happier with how it just continues to amaze me with its durability and reliability. Yeah, the sticker shock is difficult, but 12 years later it is barely but a memory of a tremendous decision. Thank you, Lexus.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Lexus reliability and service is mostly what I recommend. We own two Lexus and going forward, will probably always own Lexus vehicles. They are comfortable riding and driving with almost no road noise. The instrument panel and in dash navigation system and music system is very good. AND, the handling and responsiveness of the vehicle. We had an issue with our Lexus SUV in that the front end alignment would not stay in place for even a month. We went on line and saw that several Lexus owners had reported the problem. Lexus worked with us to find a solution and shouldered the cost of fixing the problem. The proposed solution worked and the fact that they covered the cost was a very pleasant surprise. Yes the car was under manufacturer's warranty, but past experience has been that the dealership finds a reason why is not a warranty issue and passes the cost onto the car owner.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I never thought of owning a premium vehicle. The track record of this company (Toyota) indicates a real commitment to quality that is built in. I might have bought the Highlander but I didn't. No remorse here. For a luxury vehicle the ride is a little bit harsh, but I like that, it handles well for a big vehicle. It is fast, much faster than the 4.0l ford ranger it replaced. Fuel economy? Meh, not great at 20mpg on average. The 3.5l V-6 is already a legend being in production a very long time. The six speed automatic is very nice and inspires confidant driving. Comfortable? Oh yeah, the heated (or cooled) leather seats more than make up for any road harshness.

In a word this RX350 is fabulous. I have the base model and it sure is well equipped BUT, to tell the truth I do not find the infotainment system all that user friendly and as such, about the only part I use is the radio, not the Sirius radio. Lexus demands some big money to keep updates fresh, so they can keep it. I would rather use my Android phone. The market seems to favor SUV's. If you're in that market, be sure to test drive a new or used (pre owned) RX350. While you're at it check the resale prices on a ten year old model of your choice.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have owned 6 Lexus, previously RX350. This is my first NX and it won't be my last. It's not quite as luxurious as the RX but the price is considerably cheaper. After a few months of driving it I do not miss the RX. It's just a little bit smaller, small enough to make parking easier but big enough to still haul all the things I used to. It drives wonderful, firm yet comfortable. While I've only had the car a few months, if it's anything like my past Lexus, it will be very reliable and maintenance free.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I've read many of the reviews here and so sorry to hear of so many "horror stories" when dealing with Lexus. My wife and I own two, both 2015s: A GS350 and an RX350. The ironic part.... we bought them from a terrific local Carmax, not the local Lexus dealer. Both extremely low miles and in pristine condition; both bought in 2018. We LOVE the cars.

Now.... the Lexus dealer here in Raleigh, NC is Johnson Lexus and, even though we didn't purchase the vehicles from them, they have been nothing short of fantastic in their dealings with us. They literally bend over backward to make their customers happy; prompt, fair, efficient, and GOOD service on our vehicles. Friendly, helpful staff. Do things for free very often. Just aces. So the moral of the story, IMHO, is it really comes down to the quality of the dealership you have in your area. If you're lucky enough to get a dealer like we have in Raleigh at Johnson Lexus.... you're good to go. If not? Potential nightmares. Guess the "warning" to potential Lexus buyers is this: Spend a LOT of time researching both the car AND the dealership before you act.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: April 6, 2020

I love taking my car. The customer services is out of the chart. The management is attentive and I love taking my car there for service.. My person or agent is attentive and do the most to make the person.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The staff went out of their way to be certain all my concerns were addressed, scheduled a loaner auto and completed the work as promised and on time. They followed up to assure I there were no outlying problems. I will continue to bring my auto here for service.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I am going to share a response from Lexus as it pertains to the quality of their vehicle and how they are not taking responsibility. "We conclude it is not appropriate for Lexus to provide assistance on the trim repair around the navigation unit." This is a defect from manufacturing. I explained this is a safety issue as the metallic has peeled and now there are shards of this metal pieces throughout the console and the response above was what I received. I am going to escalate and go to all social media on this. BEWARE They are not standing behind there brand anymore.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I recently purchased my 2019 GX 460 Lexus from Lexus of Pembroke Pines. I have returned it twice, with complaints that the Navigation is not working correctly. Each time I take it back they insist that "It is functioning like the other vehicles that they have in stock." Which is unacceptable. The Navigation system gives the wrong directions. For example, If I am traveling and the expressway, it doesn't recognize that I am on the expressway and tells me that the expressway is approaching on the left, then 1 mile later, it will say the expressway is approaching in the right; when in fact, I am traveling on the expressway.

Yesterday, it gave me the wrong directions and I ended up under a bridge, completely lost. This is very frustrating and is a safety concern. I have been advised by an attorney to take the vehicle back once more, and if the problem is not resolved, I will be forced to take legal action. I am certain that there are numerous consumers there with the same complaint.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

This review is not about a dealership experience or tires. This is a decision that Lexus and Enform made consciously and won’t rectify. In certain model years of the GX 460 Lexus requires you to have a couple of paid subscriptions to use remote start. Now I get and fully understand the need for on-going service with the app that uses cellular signals to remote start, unlock, lock all that jazz via the app. However, to disable the key fob from working direct from fob to truck and have it require a subscription is bs! This vehicle already lacks in so many ways (i.e. terrible infotainment, worst navigation, etc.). This is just a pathetic choice on their behalf.

You can experience a painfully slow touchscreen before you buy it and decide if you want to live with that on a $60k truck or not. When you buy you get a year of Enform service so you can’t experience the issue I’ve stated until after the subscription runs out and you then learn about this poor software choice made. Apparently it has caused enough attention that they stopped doing it for 2019+ but have no plans to retrofit a few years (maybe 2016-2018). I don’t know all years impacted as even Enform reps know jack about this. Shame on whatever genius department has their grubby hands in this.

Lexus Company Information