3.86/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Lexus

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

773 Lexus Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

2017 RX450H been horrible since car- and horrible service dept- nothing like my 2007 Rx400H - vehicle quality and service is apparently no longer a priority to the Lexus company or their service departments. Windshield wiper sensor has never worked properly-- took them 2 yrs to figure out that "sometimes the windshield protectant affects it"... And then a month after this fix I have a interior leak coming from dash -- they claim from a spider??? Hmmm..? And spiders not covered under warranty... I'm left with a stinky car and a $700. Fix.

Gas door sometimes does not open. It takes 2 people to hold the button on pry the door open. They are in the process of rescale/fix... Really? And this is a very expensive "luxury" car??? LEXUS REMOTE START is a piece of junk and they will lie and tell you it's the only way to start your car- $8.00 month. You canstart from the fob... Click Lock twice and in third-time long press lock button for more than 3 seconds. The indicators will start blinking and the SUV will start. That's when I realized if they will lie about that they will lie about anything... No longer the company they had been. As soon as I pick up the pile of junk from the repair shop I'm trading it in.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I've been a Lexus owner for many years but recently got a shock on the service charge.. Very high compared to previous services. On examination, most things listed were 'checked' and the supposed listing of 'balanced all wheels' I'm told by insider staff did not take place, as did a number of other things. It's likely less than 2 hours was spent on the service but they charged the full service fee. On top of that there is an unexplained miscellaneous charge. I doubt many of the things listed took more than a min or 2 and the labour charge is inflated. I suspect these costs are deliberately inflated motivated by greed, personal bonuses etc and it seems to me that Lexus has changed its approach from providing clear and reasonable service to customers to one of ripping them off and not caring at all.

Owners should be told in advance of the basic cost of a service and not be surprised by large charges, and clearer explanations should be given. This is the norm for any service e.g. visiting the Dr or any other professional or trade services. There seems to be an attitude at Lexus that 'it's a prestige car, therefore customers should pay more'. Some friends and colleagues also with Lexus cars have found the same.. ie increase in charges without notice and the lack of pre service consultation. Lexus used to have my loyalty and trust.. No more..

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I'm dissatisfied by the lack of concern from Lexus for the issue I'm having with a 6yr old vehicle. A Lexus dealership advised that my vehicle needs a new transmission and again the car is only 6yrs old. I spoke with a case manager who said there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to escalate the complaint and was told management had already made the decision. I asked to speak to someone in management and was told "management doesn't speak to customers". What horrible customer service from Lexus if this is indeed true. I will never purchase another Lexus and can't wait to get rid of this car. I will also make sure those close to me do not have to deal with the same amount of frustration and advised them to not waste their money on a Lexus because they don't care about their customers. Former Lexus Driver.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We currently have a Lexus RX350 F-Sport and just had to use roadside assistance yesterday. Not only did my husband's vehicle just die and leaving him stranded on the side of the road, but when the roadside assistance came to help. They ended up towing his vehicle to a dealership and the closest one to us is 2 hours away. So it is not fixed and we are having issue with them getting it back to us. Mind you we have no loaner car or anything, so how is he suppose to get his car that is 2 hours away?? We called Lexus customer service multiple times today and can’t get anywhere. They should have told us if it was towed to the dealership that they wouldn’t bring it back, you would think after you pay all this money on a new vehicle that we have had for 1 year and is under warranty that there would be something in place for this situation instead everyone is clueless.

I have a Cadillac and was looking to get a new car next month and thought about getting a Lexus, but let me tell you I will hands down stay with Cadillac just because of the outstanding customer service I get. I tried telling my husband to go with Cadillac, but he thought surely Lexus IS suppose to be a luxury vehicle so will have their crap together and he was wrong. We are turning this car in as soon as we can and going with a car company that cares about their customers!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Even 1 star is too much of a rating for this company. We were treated with full disrespect by some unprofessional sales persons in South County Lexus. The contract we signed for a leased vehicle was not clear/transparent for all the HIDDEN fees/charges. VERY POOR customer service even when we reached out to higher level executives to report all these issues. No-one in this company CARE or VALUE customers business and all they think about is HOW to GET your money! That's all... This definitely was our very last Lexus product and we make sure to convince all of our clients, family and friends to take their business somewhere else where they respect and value customer. The fact that Lexus 'Executive Office' and Lexus Financials could not do anything to resolve the issue we had is embarrassing. Now we know not to fall for a fake/inferior brand in automobile industry!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Radio panel where you see radio stations and the camera for backing up just continuously flickers and strobes. Sometimes it stays clear of 5 minutes then for no reason starts flicker again. Very distracting and dangerous when driving especially at night. No response from Lexus and dealers claim no knowledge but happy to sell me a new car. Issue is well tracked on the internet. Not the brand it used to be. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I recently bought a 2006 Lexus IS350, For some odd reason it was difficult for me to drive the vehicle due to visibility, turns out the vehicle has a worldwide issue with melting dashboards! Making it hard to drive as it reflects your visibility. The first thing I did was contact my nearest Lexus dealer and ask if they can fix this issue! GUESS WHAT! THEY CAN'T AND WON'T! Turns out they've extended the warranty already for 10 years, so for customers and drivers who have bought the car after the 10 year mark ARE OUT OF LUCK. THIS IS SHOULD BE A SAFETY RECALL AS IT DIMINISHES YOUR VISIBILITY! Other than this car I also own a 2008 Lexus RX350 WITH NO ISSUES, but Lexus has completely let me down on this. This shows they don't care about their product and customers, sadly this will be my last Lexus.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Please review this article before considering the purchase of a Lexus as there are fees once a one year. Grace period expires for both the remote start feature and navigation. https://www.thedrive.com/news/18313/lexus-charges-a-subscription-fee-for-remote-start

Original review: June 28, 2019

Updated on 09/04/2019: Lexus has refused responsibility for the poor design of the 10 speaker sound system in this vehicle. No fix. In a arbitration hearing an arbitrator referenced that the design of the sound system is such that it will not operate property (two regular speakers in the back cabin are simply overwhelmed and stated that this is how Lexus designed the speakers) but still denied claim - what a joke and a waste of time. My last Lexus!!!

Original review: Rear speakers are worthless. Will only work if you fade completely to the rear (no sound then from front) and increase volume to at least 45 level. Lexus will not respond other than to say that is normal for this model - a manufacturing problem. Class action?

Original review: May 30, 2019

I am an owner of this model mentioned in title and did not know what I was getting myself into when purchasing this vehicle. Should have done further researches. Anyway, we learned from mistake. This model is well known for his faulty ABS actuator and Lexus would not want to replace it saying that you are out of the warranty time frame of 5 months (Despite the very low mileage that you have), when they know for sure the car was made with a faulty part (which is why they extended the warranty on it in the first place). That is very low coming from Lexus. They are supposed to be one of the world class customer service especially considering the price of their product. Like I said, I've learned my lesson. Last Lexus car here.

Lexus Company Information