3.78/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Lexus

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Lexus Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We bought my Wife a 2006, Lexus RX330 from a dealer in Scottsdale, AZ, One of Warren Buffet's dealerships, Infiniti of Scottsdale. The dealership claims they check used vehicles thoroughly and fix any problems, but don't believe it. We bought a warranty for it but it doesn't cover a lot of things. Since owning this vehicle the last 2-1/2 years we have had to repair the following on this P.O.S.: The power steering high pressure line, the suspension control arms and bushings, half of the catalytic convertor bank, the rotors and brakes, and now this week they tell me my fuel tank charcoal canister is bad.

The warranty covered $2,500.00 for the suspension parts, we paid $2,800.00 for the warranty! The rest of the repairs has cost us, out of pocket, $3,800.00. I will never buy a Lexus again! If this is the top of the line Toyota, I would hate to see what the entry models are like. Honda, Chevrolet, and even Ford are much more dependable and way more affordable to keep running and on the road.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

On December 2011 I took all my savings to buy the best luxury car to drive and enjoy my Golden years. After receiving various recommendations and reading the reviews I decided to buy a Lexus RX 350. I went to Lexus of Wilmington and purchased Lexus RX 350. The dealership assured me this car would easily last for more than two to three hundred thousand miles if I changed the oil in a timely fashion. On September 21, 2019 the temperature gauge showed my car was overheating, I immediately took it to Newark ToyotaWorld. They found no leaks and there was no warning code or indication on the display panel of any malfunction. I have religiously done maintenance as recommended based on the professional advisement of Lexus from the date of purchase. All maintenance records can be obtained through Newark ToyotaWorld.

After taking the RX350 to Toyota on September 21st, I was told by the Newark Toyota dealer that my car needs a new water pump and engine replacement. The cost to replace it with a used engine and no warranty is $8,049.49 and the cost to replace for a new engine is $14,985. I was told to remove my car from their parking lot within a few days. I talked to Lexus customer rep Cindy and Lis ** complaint #**, she told me to get my car towed or transported to Lexus of Wilmington to further analyze the engine malfunctions (I have already spent $120 diagnosis fee, and $100 in towing charges). Why I need to further waste more money for towing to Lexus of Wilmington, plus their diagnosis fee, when it has already been determined by a professional Engineer that there is no compression in the engine, Radiator is leaking, water pump and battery is discharged.

Since I no longer have any reliable transportation, I have turned to public transport to go to doctor's appointments, and receiving rides from my neighbors to run daily errands like food. I have depleted my savings funneling money into this so-called world class Lexus, now I have no money left to buy any new vehicles. My dream of enjoying my golden years driving a dependable luxury car has become a nightmare. I wish I had gone with a competitor’s product in hindsight. I feel I was cheated out of my money, knowingly I was sold a Lemon by Lexus of Wilmington. Company/dealership has defrauded and I can do nothing.

Zubair

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I purchased a Lexus a few years back for one main reason....reliability. Well let me tell you I have never had as many problems with my Lexus as I have had with any other brand. So far I have replaced water pump, side view mirror, 2 door actuators, battery and now the gateway control module is not shitting down resulting in my battery being dead after 1 day of non use. After three years of ownership I have spent over $4,000 for repairs and now they want another $1,000 for an issue that NHTSA has issued a TSB on but since the battery being dead is not a safety issue no recall has been issued. Both the door actuators and gateway control modules are well documented issues with Lexus and they absolutely will not standby their vehicles. I will never buy another Lexus and looking at the other luxury brands for my business. I will gladly pay more to get reliability as apparently Lexus IS no longer a brand synonymous with reliability.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have been a Lexus owner for over 20 years. I have purchased x4 Lexus vehicles. One sedan and x3 GX460. I started hearing rumors that the service was not that great anymore and that calling the corporate office was a waste of time. I can attest that all of the above is true. My radiator burst while driving. This caused my engine to overheat and blow the head gasket. I did not know the engine had a problem because my emission system had the engine light on.

I had an appointment to fix the recalled emissions on 10.13.19. My engine blew on 10.6.19. The engine was supposed to shut down when overheated. It did not. I did not know because the engine light was on from the emission system recall. I called Corporate for assistance. $10,000 repair minimum. They were COLD AND IMPERSONAL. Basically they told me it was my problem. They don't stand behind their brand anymore and I can't be loyal to a brand that is not loyal to me. NO MORE LEXUS FOR ME.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Called in yesterday to a Brisbane Lexus dealer to get a value on my 2017 Lexus ES350. The vehicle is 27 months old, in pristine condition, has just had its 2 year service and has under 18,000 klms on the clock. I was offered "in the low $30k" should I want to sell it. WOW! How can a vehicle be devalued by over 50% in just over 2 years? No wonder buyers are looking more to buying demo or second-hand vehicles. Maybe it would make good financial sense to check the resale value of BMW, Audi or Mercedes before looking at a Lexus. I am still in a state of shock!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

2017 RX450H been horrible since car- and horrible service dept- nothing like my 2007 Rx400H - vehicle quality and service is apparently no longer a priority to the Lexus company or their service departments. Windshield wiper sensor has never worked properly-- took them 2 yrs to figure out that "sometimes the windshield protectant affects it"... And then a month after this fix I have a interior leak coming from dash -- they claim from a spider??? Hmmm..? And spiders not covered under warranty... I'm left with a stinky car and a $700. Fix.

Gas door sometimes does not open. It takes 2 people to hold the button on pry the door open. They are in the process of rescale/fix... Really? And this is a very expensive "luxury" car??? LEXUS REMOTE START is a piece of junk and they will lie and tell you it's the only way to start your car- $8.00 month. You canstart from the fob... Click Lock twice and in third-time long press lock button for more than 3 seconds. The indicators will start blinking and the SUV will start. That's when I realized if they will lie about that they will lie about anything... No longer the company they had been. As soon as I pick up the pile of junk from the repair shop I'm trading it in.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I've been a Lexus owner for many years but recently got a shock on the service charge.. Very high compared to previous services. On examination, most things listed were 'checked' and the supposed listing of 'balanced all wheels' I'm told by insider staff did not take place, as did a number of other things. It's likely less than 2 hours was spent on the service but they charged the full service fee. On top of that there is an unexplained miscellaneous charge. I doubt many of the things listed took more than a min or 2 and the labour charge is inflated. I suspect these costs are deliberately inflated motivated by greed, personal bonuses etc and it seems to me that Lexus has changed its approach from providing clear and reasonable service to customers to one of ripping them off and not caring at all.

Owners should be told in advance of the basic cost of a service and not be surprised by large charges, and clearer explanations should be given. This is the norm for any service e.g. visiting the Dr or any other professional or trade services. There seems to be an attitude at Lexus that 'it's a prestige car, therefore customers should pay more'. Some friends and colleagues also with Lexus cars have found the same.. ie increase in charges without notice and the lack of pre service consultation. Lexus used to have my loyalty and trust.. No more..

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I'm dissatisfied by the lack of concern from Lexus for the issue I'm having with a 6yr old vehicle. A Lexus dealership advised that my vehicle needs a new transmission and again the car is only 6yrs old. I spoke with a case manager who said there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to escalate the complaint and was told management had already made the decision. I asked to speak to someone in management and was told "management doesn't speak to customers". What horrible customer service from Lexus if this is indeed true. I will never purchase another Lexus and can't wait to get rid of this car. I will also make sure those close to me do not have to deal with the same amount of frustration and advised them to not waste their money on a Lexus because they don't care about their customers. Former Lexus Driver.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We currently have a Lexus RX350 F-Sport and just had to use roadside assistance yesterday. Not only did my husband's vehicle just die and leaving him stranded on the side of the road, but when the roadside assistance came to help. They ended up towing his vehicle to a dealership and the closest one to us is 2 hours away. So it is not fixed and we are having issue with them getting it back to us. Mind you we have no loaner car or anything, so how is he suppose to get his car that is 2 hours away?? We called Lexus customer service multiple times today and can’t get anywhere. They should have told us if it was towed to the dealership that they wouldn’t bring it back, you would think after you pay all this money on a new vehicle that we have had for 1 year and is under warranty that there would be something in place for this situation instead everyone is clueless.

I have a Cadillac and was looking to get a new car next month and thought about getting a Lexus, but let me tell you I will hands down stay with Cadillac just because of the outstanding customer service I get. I tried telling my husband to go with Cadillac, but he thought surely Lexus IS suppose to be a luxury vehicle so will have their crap together and he was wrong. We are turning this car in as soon as we can and going with a car company that cares about their customers!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Even 1 star is too much of a rating for this company. We were treated with full disrespect by some unprofessional sales persons in South County Lexus. The contract we signed for a leased vehicle was not clear/transparent for all the HIDDEN fees/charges. VERY POOR customer service even when we reached out to higher level executives to report all these issues. No-one in this company CARE or VALUE customers business and all they think about is HOW to GET your money! That's all... This definitely was our very last Lexus product and we make sure to convince all of our clients, family and friends to take their business somewhere else where they respect and value customer. The fact that Lexus 'Executive Office' and Lexus Financials could not do anything to resolve the issue we had is embarrassing. Now we know not to fall for a fake/inferior brand in automobile industry!

Lexus Company Information