3.5/5 (1881 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Lexus

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Today I finally traded in my 2003 Lexus ES. It was 20 years old and pushing 400,000 miles! I drove it 2.5 hours to trade it on another vehicle. I was sad to let it go but WOW! Thank you, Toyota for building such an amazingly reliable car!❤️

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Lexus is a luxury car for middle class income earners and it is affordable.. It is environmentally friendly and of quality standard. The spare parts are easily assessible. The model gives the drivers optimum handling on the roads and one feels very comfortable using. It is a car after driving, one still dreams of it whilst sleeping due to it smooth sailing.. I recommend it to every one to purchase it. Life is good when driving Lexus.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

The Lexus hybrid is really no-brid. It rarely uses electric power but is constantly charging. The first 100 feet under 10 mph will be EV power. That’s all folks! It saves NO gas, and the engine is extremely underpowered.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

When buying a Lexus, you may have a larger initial investment but you will have a high quality car that needs little maintenance. Personally, our Lexus purchase was the best we have ever made in our last 40 years of buying experiences. The comfort is excellent. The low maintenance saves you money. And a Lexus will give you many more miles of driving than the average vehicle.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I just saw my yearly subscription charge for my 2017 Lexus rx 350 went into a monthly charge. When I called Lexus I was told 2015 -2018 Lexus run on 3g and in October Lexus will be shutting down all its 3g service leaving all its customers without the services we have grown accustomed to using. There will be no upgrades or any fixes. It just tough luck on all of us! So now you can only have monthly charges till it shuts down.

Original review: June 1, 2022

In the past five years, I only drove my 2016 Lexus RX350 for 21000 miles, and even barely drove it during the pandemic years. But suddenly, its air conditioning system did not work well in the beginning of this summer. The local Lexus dealership diagnosed my car and concluded that one of the AC Actuator Motors failed that caused the AC problem. However, I only drove this car for less than five years with only 20K around miles, still like a brand new car! My old Toyota and Honda vehicles have never had such AC problem during their 14-year drive history! I feel very disappointed in Lexus! And, the Lexus dealership even gave me a sky high repairment/replacement fee: $21000 labor fee plus $400 part (the AC actuator motor), which made me even more unhappy!

I cherish this Lexus car like my new baby with much more care than other old car of mine, now I have to pay such high price to repair the AC that my old car have never had that problem? It's ridiculous and unacceptable! I declined the repair directly, would try to find a more reasonable dealership to repair this problem. But in the first place, I anxiously want to report this problem to current and potential Lexus car's owners: you didn't get what you paid for! No more Lexus in the future!

Original review: April 22, 2022

My 2016 Lexus with 62k miles on it is experiencing an oil leak due to the main rear seal (according to the Lexus technician who diagnosed my car for $99.00). It is out of warranty by 3 months. The repair cost is estimated at $3200. Since it is out of warranty Lexus does not want to cover the cost. I am frustrated as I have never experienced an oil leak for a car with so low mileage before. After some research I found out this is a common problem with the 350 models. Lexus has even upgraded the seal to a better one, however they would not take responsibility for the repair. This was my first Lexus; likely it's going to be my last one if I have to pay out of pocket for the repair.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I leased my 2019 ES350 Lexus for 3 years and 12,000 miles a year. I took my car in for service December 1, 2021 at 20,422 miles. They advised me I needed new tires. I did not believe them so I did not purchase tires. March 29, 2022 at 22,334 miles I took the car in for checkup because I was going on a trip and did not want any problems. Again they said I needed tires and proceeded to give me a quote. I told them I would not be purchasing tires from them. I went to a tire shop to see what they say. I did need tires. I questioned the mileage and needing tires. They advised me the Firestone Turanzo supplied with the car are tires that are not given a warranty because they are special that are softer rubber for a smoother ride when you test drive it. They don't last longer than 25,000 miles. Checking with Lexus service dept. why they did not advise why the tires were wore out at such low mileage, response, because they see it quite often!

This is the 3rd Lexus I have owned and never had this issue in the past. It must be another way for them to sell their "Optional tire and wheel warranty" instead of being honest up front with the customer. Looking at the information brochure on the tire there is no mileage warranty listed. So if you are buying a Lexus, be sure to ask about the warranty Lexus is giving at N/C on the tires and be sure they are not tires that will not last through your lease before you have to buy new tires. I am very disappointed in Metro Lexus and wanted to warn everyone of what they are now doing.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Starting in 2008 when I received a notification from Lexus stating that my dash had issues that they knew about (Hazing, dull, tacky and cracking) and maybe recalled in the future. They would notify me of such. My dash was dull, hazy and tacky at the time. I waited and got no such notification. 2012- I called McGrath with was one of the dealerships (they have 3 locations) I purchased it from, and asked if they had a recall on my 2004 GX470 for dash issues that were mentioned to me before. They said no and nothing more, even though at the time there was a customer support for it that I had no knowledge of. So I figured I was on my own, not knowing if I knew about the customer support and brought it in they would have replaced my dash.

2021- I get in my Lexus and the dash is cracked from left to right all the way across. I am not happy, as my car has been garage kept all this time and well kept. I call McGrath and after lengthy discussions and repeated calls am told they sent 2 notifications for the dash issues and 2 notifications for an airbag module recall, none of which I ever received. They said there was a customer support for the dash from 2010-2017, but that it was over and there was nothing they could do for me. I said that would be ok, had I been notified, but since I was not that they should replace my dash on them. Once I found out about the airbag recall, I had it taken care of by them in 3 days from being told over the phone. I think if they had sent me a notification that they would replace my dull, hazy, tacky, cracked dash at a cost of $1,705.00 I would have jumped on that, don't you?

I continued up the corporate management chain, only to spend a lot of time to get the same answer. They did, however, change the statement that they sent 2 notifications for the recall and 2 for the customer support for the dash to 1 for each. I went up as high as the V.P. for customer support and called 3 different times, left messages and never got a response back. I then went to the state's attorney's office and filed a complaint there.

After several emails they sent to Lexus and months of waiting, I was told they said the same thing. So now I'm writing this complaint review to let everyone know how they treat their customers. Still not happy. Don't think it's fair to be treated like this from a Big Corporation, just because they are big and powerful and think they can get away with it. I would like a new dash, Lexus. I have all the documentation on paper, but you can just look in your customer complaint fees and you'll find it there. I hope this helps someone out there.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Tried to get remote starting hooked up to car. Worst service possible. Remote starting won't work. Money won't be refunded and getting run around and disconnected for two days. Really. This is a Lexus.

Lexus Company Information