2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Lexus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Toyota hits a home run every year with the flagship Lexus LS460. The car is put together flawlessly. The mechanical parts roar and purr and make reassuring sounds as the interior parts cuddle you in refined comfort. I have well over 200,000 miles on my 2007 model and no intention of trading it in the near future. In most ways this classic machine is just getting broken in about now. I have followed all recommended service calls, both in and now long out of warranty, and been rewarded with a vehicle that still rules the road. It shines almost as brilliantly after a good wash now as it did right off the showroom floor. I could not be happier with how it just continues to amaze me with its durability and reliability. Yeah, the sticker shock is difficult, but 12 years later it is barely but a memory of a tremendous decision. Thank you, Lexus.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Lexus reliability and service is mostly what I recommend. We own two Lexus and going forward, will probably always own Lexus vehicles. They are comfortable riding and driving with almost no road noise. The instrument panel and in dash navigation system and music system is very good. AND, the handling and responsiveness of the vehicle. We had an issue with our Lexus SUV in that the front end alignment would not stay in place for even a month. We went on line and saw that several Lexus owners had reported the problem. Lexus worked with us to find a solution and shouldered the cost of fixing the problem. The proposed solution worked and the fact that they covered the cost was a very pleasant surprise. Yes the car was under manufacturer's warranty, but past experience has been that the dealership finds a reason why is not a warranty issue and passes the cost onto the car owner.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I never thought of owning a premium vehicle. The track record of this company (Toyota) indicates a real commitment to quality that is built in. I might have bought the Highlander but I didn't. No remorse here. For a luxury vehicle the ride is a little bit harsh, but I like that, it handles well for a big vehicle. It is fast, much faster than the 4.0l ford ranger it replaced. Fuel economy? Meh, not great at 20mpg on average. The 3.5l V-6 is already a legend being in production a very long time. The six speed automatic is very nice and inspires confidant driving. Comfortable? Oh yeah, the heated (or cooled) leather seats more than make up for any road harshness.

In a word this RX350 is fabulous. I have the base model and it sure is well equipped BUT, to tell the truth I do not find the infotainment system all that user friendly and as such, about the only part I use is the radio, not the Sirius radio. Lexus demands some big money to keep updates fresh, so they can keep it. I would rather use my Android phone. The market seems to favor SUV's. If you're in that market, be sure to test drive a new or used (pre owned) RX350. While you're at it check the resale prices on a ten year old model of your choice.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I've read many of the reviews here and so sorry to hear of so many "horror stories" when dealing with Lexus. My wife and I own two, both 2015s: A GS350 and an RX350. The ironic part.... we bought them from a terrific local Carmax, not the local Lexus dealer. Both extremely low miles and in pristine condition; both bought in 2018. We LOVE the cars.

Now.... the Lexus dealer here in Raleigh, NC is Johnson Lexus and, even though we didn't purchase the vehicles from them, they have been nothing short of fantastic in their dealings with us. They literally bend over backward to make their customers happy; prompt, fair, efficient, and GOOD service on our vehicles. Friendly, helpful staff. Do things for free very often. Just aces. So the moral of the story, IMHO, is it really comes down to the quality of the dealership you have in your area. If you're lucky enough to get a dealer like we have in Raleigh at Johnson Lexus.... you're good to go. If not? Potential nightmares. Guess the "warning" to potential Lexus buyers is this: Spend a LOT of time researching both the car AND the dealership before you act.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My teenage son was driving home late after work and the streets were empty. However there was one car that enticed my son to race. Little by little the cars exceeded the speed limit. The police told us the cars were going 85mph. My sons car hit a bump in the road, went airborne and when he came down, he didn't want to hit the other car that was racing him, so he overcorrected the other way, hit a curb and rolled the 2007 Lexus 350 6 times. The car was mangled. But my son was able to walk away from the accident with a small bruise on his shoulder where the seat belt was and a scratch on his shin. The police who saw the accident could not believe that my son crawled out of the lexus with out any injuries.

A higher power is responsible along with the excellent frame of the lexus. The front drivers side and passenger side overheard and side frame was intact. The rest of the car looked like it went thru the blender. I wish I could post pictures. The lexus 350 has always been a smooth riding car. Even though it was a 2007 with 130,000 miles on it, it rode beautifully. Needless to say my sister who owned the 2007 lexus 350 decided to buy another lexus. With its safety features, there was no question as to what kind of car she would get. However since she had a choice my sister purchased an RX 350 SUV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

The new ES350 Lexus has a problem that drains battery. Defective vehicle. Drained battery in a day even after shutting off car. The app lexus has proof when the car gets shut off. New car and already problems after one month of owning it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I recently purchased a 2019 Lexus ES 350. I have owned the car for 4 months now. When I originally purchased the car I advised my sales person that the rear speakers were not working. Of course she said yes they are and did some minor adjustments. Then my husband and I were joyriding and he realized there was no output from the rear speakers. So I called Lexus, made an appointment and took the car in for service.

Later that day I received a call from the service advisor, advising me there was a problem with the woofer and the speakers but there was nothing they could do about. He stated, "We are aware there is an issue but we are waiting on lexus." So I responded, "You guys are aware there is an issue with the car but you are not notifying the consumer before purchasing a car?" He replied, "It looks that way; but as soon as we get a resolution we will inform you."

So next I called corporate and spoke with a call center representative and then a supervisor who stated the same thing. "We are aware of the problem and will notify you when we have a resolution." Now the problem I have with that is that Lexus has yet to inform or notify the consumer publicly that there is an issue the 2019 Lexus ES350. Instead they are continuing to take our money and we are left to deal with problem. That is so unfair.

I have done my research and there have been numerous complaints with no resolution. I would love to expose LEXUS for not addressing this issue nor notifying the public. I am so frustrated and hurt. I just want my car fixed in a timely fashion and not to have other consumers ripped off or taken advantage of. Please call me (**)or respond to me via email to investigate Lexus.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

What a pleasure & a delight to drive this car! Just completed a car trip from Prescott to Tucson and back. The safety equipment is fantastic! There is a learning curve, but it’s worth it. This car was worth every penny! Very solid & secure! Fun to drive AND it really moves!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Have owned several Lexus models very reliable All models. Only problem on 2013 Rx 350 has been front parking sensor will not go off. Otherwise just brakes and tires have been replaced. Sorry but the above is all I can say about Lexus SUV.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The Lexus GS350 has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. The comfort level is excellent. Mechanically it is great. Lexus has been very frugal in changing the style of the car over the years, which helps keeping the value up.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Lexus Company Information