3.5/5 (1880 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Lexus

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

After nearly 20 years of Brand Loyalty for family of 3 Adult Drivers, my current 2019 RX 350 was in the shop for 6 unrelated repairs beginning at 9 months (9000 miles) of ownership in a nine month period and dealership refused to make any kind of fair buyback/trade-in offer for a non-problematic 2020 Rx350. At 1 year old with 9000 miles in Showroom condition their best offer was for me to pay $13,000 to replace my problematic vehicle with exact same model 1 year newer. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Exploding glass moonroofs. If you are investigating the purchase of a Lexus with a glass moonroof...beware. They have a tendency to explode for no reason. I was on a desert highway with no vehicles in front of me and all of a sudden my sunroof/moonroof exploded. It sounded like a gun going off over my head and it nearly caused me to wreck it had shocked me so much. I did a little research and apparently this issue is an ongoing one with many other drivers reporting the exact circumstance. The Lexus corporate folks are very, very rude about this and will not help you or offer to pay for what is obviously a manufacturer defect.

Very sad to see they will not stand by their product. I will be seeking legal remedy but in the meanwhile, if you must buy a Lexus, stay away from the cars with the glass moonroofs. You could be driving and not only have a sudden shock that can scare the life out of you but if your interior moonroof shade is also open at the same time, you could get badly injured by the falling broken glass shards. Very dangerous.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This is my 2nd Lexus: my first one, ES 330 was a great car from mechanical to cosmetics! This 2nd, ES 350 is the poorest quality you can get! I was told by a service manager in N Miami, that the reason the interior materials (dash board, seats cover, cosmetically wood design, that all are falling apart), are made to disintegrate after a while! No kidding!!!? They actually do, I cannot even clean the interior because the board is jelly like, the seats covers are all broken after 2-3 years and the color will come off when you clean them, the wood design is flying up peeling as well everywhere, at 72 000 miles I had to replace the front direction and before, the steering wheel fell! And you would believe that for over $42000, you will buy a nice quality car! No, not anymore!

I was back in forth with Lexus via emails, I went to the dealer to show what is happening to the car, they said that I have to pay if I don’t like the way it looks! I called to have at least the dash board replace since is melting, but two customer service from Lexus Corporate said that the offer expired on March 31 this year and they won’t extend it, although they never told me about it when I went to the dealer or on our exchanged emails! Think twice if you planning to get a Lexus at this time: it is not the same quality or customer service as they started! A shame!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Lexus had huge issues with their dashboard, glove boxes and side arms in some models. My model was a LS460. The material used would literally melt, turn sticky and rub off in the sun or heat. They developed a program to fix their short-comings and I was told it would be fixed a couple yrs ago. I dropped off car, they said they would fix issue and did nothing. After several calls, with zero returns I went to dealer. Was told we will get you in and take care of it, nothing again. Went back and was told the offer had ended and I need to call corporate. Corporate said they would not fix and I could pay for it myself.

So, in summary, Lexus dropped the ball for over a yr and half thru a pandemic then would not make it right with a customer that has had about 10 of their cars in family over the years. Lexus only cares about selling their cars and obviously not keeping customers happy or doing what is right after their production failure with this certain issue. My advice is look elsewhere for your expensive vehicle purchase!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Rx350 Years behind in electronics and user interface. Inconsistent at best. From maps, to rear hatch to phone interface, to trip data it all is terrible. I turned in a Ram 1500 that was two years older but years advanced on all those features. The ride of the Ram was also much better. My previous four Genesis were also much more friendly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Purchased a used RX350 16 months ago. 2016 year model. Love the looks of this car. I drove a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium for over 6 years and that car was way above this car in every way. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

We feel that we have been distorted in buying my wife's first new car, We drove 3 hours to buy our Lexus at Lexus of Lansing and they sold us the ceramic coat/scotch guard. They did not complete/do the ceramic coat and over sprayed the scotch guard which left dot marks all over the inside. They were done in 20 minutes with the ceramic and when we noticed what happened tried to call. Manager refused to talk to us. We talked to sales manager. They said they were all wrong and sent us to dealer near our house Lexus of Orland who then was told by the Lexus of Lansing dealer again to try to deceive us to do a butler.

We believe we again were being decepted. Lexus of Orland agreed to do the ceramic for Lexus of Lansing and when we picked up our new car had scratches and swirls all over the car. Lexus of Orland refused to do anything. The manager said, "You did not buy it here. We can not help you." We had to take it somewhere else and pay thousands.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Dashboard cracked right after Lexus warranty ran out and they will not replace. It’s ghastly looking and scary dangerous, but they don’t care. I have sent them photos and all they do is continue tell me that case manager said we were not eligible. It’s our 5th Lexus and we cannot believe they are not replacing. Worst customer service ever. There was a huge class action case that they never sent us a letter about.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I purchased my 2919 RX450H in December of 2019 off the showroom floor with 250 miles. The first year of having my car, my car shut down on me two times. Both times I was on my way to a patients home. While in route to my clients home I started receiving Hybrid System Malfunction warnings, Pre-Collision Malfunction and Check Engine, immediately after that I received a warning to pull over to a safe place immediately and within .03 miles it automatically shut off without me being able to pull over to a safe place. By the second time, I went into the dealership and I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland about the car being very unsafe for me to drive because I never know when it’s going to just shut down on me and that I would like for Lexus to give me another car exactly like mine. I informed him the only reason I chose Lexus over the other high end cars was due to its safety history.

He informed me that the dealership aren’t able to mark my car as a lemon write off only Lexus corporation have the legal right to do that. I contacted Lexus corporation. Filled out all the required paperwork along with the service that had been performed on my vehicle due to my shutting off while driving. I later received a letter stating they reviewed my case. Could not mark my car as a lemon.

I’m here to say that my car just shut down on me again for the 3rd time for the exact same reason with only 20k miles on it!! I spoke to the GM at the Lexus dealership in Orland again informing him how upset I am and this is unacceptable and how I can’t believe Lexus isn’t standing behind their brand considering how they brag as being ranked as one of the safest cars on the road! Lexus doesn’t stand by their name and don’t care about their customers safety!! I do not recommend Lexus to anyone if this is how they stand behind their brand!!! I feel like Lexus IS saying “you’re on your own and deal with it”!

Original review: May 10, 2021

This year I purchased my 3rd Lexus at McDermott in East Haven. I must admit that my purchasing experiences have all been fine but there was something unique and special about Charlie ** as the Client Advisor. Immediately, I found Charlie to be welcoming and eager to help me find the perfect car with the correct color that fits into my small 1929 garage. He was totally accommodating to my weekend requests for appointments and was a man who listened and remembered my requests. He could do a dissertation on Lexus history which I found fascinating plus there is no match for his wonderful sense of humor.

In addition, it’s not over with the signing of the contract. Charlie has said that I can call him anytime I have a question about the car! This has been validated and is such a great pleasure to have this option. In addition to Charlie, there is an excellent Service Dept with Tanya and co-workers. And, there is Ryan M., A certified Lexus Technology Specialist to navigate buyers thru the technology maze and Crystal, Business Manager to help clients thru the paper maze!! Thank you Mr. McDermott for have such an exemplary team!!

Original review: May 8, 2021

This is my first time leasing with Lexus. I have leased with Honda for 16 years, ever since I got my license at sixteen. I decided to switch to Lexus, but I must say I’m disappointed. I specifically asked the car saleswoman Danielle C at Tri County Lexus in Little Falls NJ if the LEXUS RX 350 FSPORT had panoramic roof and she said, “no they don’t come with that”. After making the deal I find out that they do.

I basically have a Lexus with the same features as my 2018 Honda Accord, paying more than double the price. I’m very disappointed. I also wasn’t told that the 12inch screen was available on the Fsport as well. First and last time leasing with Lexus for sure. I could have leased a 2022 Acura MDX technology package with many more features and same price! Aside from the disappointment of service I encountered, Lexus is lacking on their technology features.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I own my 4th Lexus car which is a 2020 new 250h UX Lexus model. Ever since the car was delivered to me I am complaining about a strange noise coming from the Runflex tires the car has. The dealer would not accept the complaints nor change the tires and my general very good experience with the previous Lexus cars I owned is now completely different and the ride is just not enjoyable to say the least!!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I am very impressed with the Lexus extended warranty. Two years ago, while having my vehicle serviced, I was informed that my steering was defective and leaking. It would need to be replaced. The cost was over $4000.00. My extended warranty covered the entire cost with no copay required. This one repair more than tripled the cost of the seven year warranty. I have had extended warranties with other vehicles that I have had, but none as good as this.

Original review: April 22, 2021

A few days after purchasing my 2018 ES 350 Lexus I noticed a fumey smell in the car after driving it for a few miles. The car was a certified used car so I thought maybe there were lingering scent from the previous owner, so I gave the interior of the car a thorough cleaning, but I couldn't get rid of the scent. I used all different types of air freshener but the fumes scent kept coming back, especially when I was driving on the highway. What really scared me was when I was transporting my daughter and she stated that, "Mom the smell inside your car makes me feel nauseated." I called the car dealership Lexus of Palm Beach immediately, I stated the problem and was told to bring the car in.

To my surprise Lexus has been aware of the problem since 2006. I was given a HVAC odor maintenance bulletin dated February 6th 2020, which stated that some 2006 to 2020 model year Lexus vehicles may exhibit odors that naturally occur from the HVAC system and/or related environmental factors. Although there is no way to eliminate these orders, follow the general procedure in this bulletin to minimize the order experience. I was told to purchase a charcoal AC filter with an AC refresher for $265 plus tax that may or may not minimize the order experienced.

The most shameful part of this experience with Lexus was that they were trying to convince me that other motor vehicle manufacturers had the same problem, The problem I see here is Lexus chose not to fix this problem. They have been aware of this problem since 2006 and they continue to manufacture vehicles with the same odor problem as of 2020. I have driven other cars that were not fume coffins, like this ES 350. Other automotive vehicle manufacturers choose to fix this problem. I bought this car because it was a Lexus and the name Lexus was associated with prestige and luxury. I now have a car, I still owe thousands of dollars that I cannot transport my children in. I have to drive the car because it's my only means of transportation but I feel unsafe in it every day I drive it.

I am so tired of corporations and people who work for these corporations that don't care about their customers and their safety. I bought a Lexus, I expected the best in luxury, before buying this car I drove a Kia. It did not have an odor issue so Kia found a way to fix the problem, why Lexus refuses to fix this fume odor issues. Shame on you Lexus Manufacturer.

Original review: March 2, 2021

After purchasing two Lexus’, I thought I would stick with the brand for a very long time. This will probably not be the case. After having a series of very negative experiences with my 17 RC350, I will most likely never buy another Lexus. A little while after purchasing the RC it started developing a tapping sound. This noise continued to get louder and I was able to hear it from inside the cabin of the vehicle. I was able to locate the noise coming from the mechanical fuel pump. I took it in to my local dealer for repair. They told me they were unable to duplicate the concern and the assistant service manager displayed no customer service skills whatsoever in any attempt to help me with my issue.

I contacted the Service manager the next business day and was able to come in and work with him and the diagnostic tech to duplicate this noise. We spent an hour test driving and listening to another RC they had on the lot. I was told to make another appointment and they would take another look at it. While it was in this time, the dealer involved the regional field specialist and dug deeper. I was ultimately told that even though they were able to duplicate this concern, it was normal operation.

I made a complaint with Lexus customer care and this complaint was escalated twice. Two of the three people I spoke to at Lexus were more interested in talking than actually listening to my concern and again showing any kind of customer service. This includes the last individual who was the highest executive level I could escalate this. They made it very apparent that they were not interested in assisting a repeat customer with a valid concern. They made it very clear that losing any further business was less important than repairing my fuel pump.

Lexus advertises their luxury vehicles to be the quietest on the road, but when you bring them a valid noise complaint they don’t want to honor the bumper to bumper factory warranty. This is the opposite of what I expect when I invest in a luxury car company most of all Lexus. I did quite a bit of my own independent research and determined that fuel pumps are a bit of a sore spot with Lexus and a bit of an Achilles heel.

My vehicle shares the same fuel pump as the IS and the GS. I was given a 2019 GS as a loaner vehicle and the fuel pump was at least 80% quieter. I was also able to determine that the fuel pump for all these cars has 4 successive part numbers. Lexus has obviously redesigned this part several times for important reasons. I am left to wonder if my generation was updated due to excessive noise. Ultimately the unwillingness of Lexus to take responsibility for their product and their customer service leaves me no other choice but to leave record of this and let others know what I have experienced.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I will never buy another Lexus vehicle. After receiving a recall notice, I waited to take it to the dealer because I was unsure if I was keeping this car. When it was decided to pass it down to my 3rd year medical student, daughter, because of the supposed reliability, I took the vehicle in for the repair. When I left there with a diagnosed timing cover leak, engine oil leak, that occurs in about 100% of these due to a manufacturing problem, and was notified of a $2,800 cost, my trust in this vehicle is over. Not only was that uncovered, but my daughter has complained of the navigation/electrical system shutting off/rebooting approx. 8 times in a 2 hour drive.

Jim Hudson Lexus service advisor said I needed an update for $186. Upon further review, I do not believe an update will help. I reached out to Lexus Corporate and after the case manager, finally, reached someone at Jim Hudson, this has been ongoing for about 3 weeks, she called to tell me that Jim Hudson could not create the navigation problem so they did not have a suggestion other than to leave the car with them for further diagnostics. Since the driver is a medical student, 2 hours away, this additional diagnosis time may not be a possibility. Also, she wanted to notify me that Lexus will not be able to help with the repair of the oil leak. After discovering the continued problems with these vehicles, not just the 7 year old ones but the 1 week old ones, I will remove Lexus from my possible cars to buy in the future. Please beware of any Lexus vehicle you are thinking of buying. I do not know how they receive such high ratings.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

2021 GX460 Luxury edition no longer has dual auto-dimming mirrors! They had them on the GX460 Premium/Luxury trim ever since their 2010 redesign and even after the 2020 facelift they kept this feature on the Luxury edition...only to be dropped on a 2021! They're saving $100 on a $70k vehicle! Every other Lexus vehicle has them standard or available in a package except for the GX460 now! What's next Lexus??? Manual windows???

I wrote to Lexus about this and earlier today spoke to their "Case Manager" regarding this issue. First she said that "Lexus determines their vehicles features based on extensive research and consumer feedback"! Really??? Who are those "customers" that complained about their passenger side auto-dimming mirror preventing them from being blinded by a semi or an F-250??? But then it gets even more bizarre: she said that "it is not salesperson responsibility to inform customers about vehicle features"... OK! Who's job is it?

So according to her, it was my job to somehow suspect that Lexus would decide to drop this feature from a vehicle that had it on every MY starting from 2010-2013 (Premium) and then from 2014-2019 (Luxury) and it stayed on the 2020 redesign on the Luxury trim!!! I was supposed to suspect that it would be dropped for 2021... because..?? I'm sorry, but this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Good deal Lexus! You saved your nickel... You've lost a loyal customer! If this is what you call "pursuit of perfection" count me out of that pursuit!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I am the owner of my third Lexus ES 350. I anticipated buying my fourth in the next couple of years. I have purchased a Lexus almost exclusively because of its reputation for quality. As I am often in my car alone, the idea of having a car that will not leave me stranded by the side of the road is paramount. I noticed initially, however, with my most recent car purchased new, the 2014 model, that it was not as quiet as my first Lexus.

I let that past not attributing it to a decline in overall quality. However, I was wholly unprepared for the wholesale failure without warning of my transmission after only 74,000 miles leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I was lucky to make it to a surface street as the failure occurred on the highway. This was a car, as was the case with each of my prior purchases, that had each and every service recommended, all done by a Lexus dealer. However, I could have saved myself a tremendous amount of money, both in terms of initial outlay and maintenance cost, with a much cheaper car and received the same result. This is my LAST Lexus and last Toyota made car.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We HAD (with emphasis) a 2018 Lexus GX 460 with only 27,000 miles on it when the alternator decided to completely fail. We live in a very remote area in the summer that is not close to a Lexus dealership so we had a local mechanic replace the alternator. When we returned to our main residence in Florida we took the vehicle to the dealership we purchased it from for a checkup and presented them the bill for replacing the alternator. The service representative said they would submit it to Lexus for reimbursement and we should get a check within a few weeks.

Weeks passed and finally, we received a call from our rep saying we would have to deal directly with Lexus Corporation. The corporate office made us jump from hoop to hoop while knowing full well they had no intentions of reimbursing us because we didn’t use a “certified Lexus mechanic”. Lexus has always touted themselves as a “customer comes first” company. Clearly, these core values have gone by the wayside. Additionally, their quality control that they have always prided themselves in has totally gone down the tubes. After reading all these negative reviews I can see I’m not the only one who has issues with this company. We will not be buying any more Lexus vehicles in our lifetime and many of our friends who own a Lexus will hear our story. Sadly Lexus will be keeping OUR $921.97. They apparently will need it to keep their head above water from all of their problems.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently emailed Lexus Brand Experience about the horrible service I have received with my new Lexus ES350 FSport. This was on 12/29 and I have yet to hear back. Just another testament to why I will never buy a Lexus again. It all started from the salesperson telling us that we had 2 free oil changes that come to find out is not true. Then after bringing my car home, noticing it has a very small chip on the gas cap & the salesperson telling us "Oh well, you took it home, nothing we can do." Each time I've taken my car in for service it has not gone smoothly. The 2nd time taking it in they rotated my tires & since then my car has not driven the same. Took it in for the 3rd time and when I bring this up, the service writer proceeds to tell me that they could balance them for $90 & had I brought it in immediately after that they would have fixed it. I'm trading in my car and will never recommend Lexus to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Beware of this diagnosis. It is not covered as of now from Lexus and is a 6,000-7000 dollar repair due to their drain hose design and placement in vehicle. I just bring it in for 10000 mile service and within a week the car started to take in water. It's been a problem with these cars since 2012 and they won't do anything to fix it because they're claiming natural causes. I leased car from lexus of Rt 10 in Whippany NJ. They won't help or lexus 1-800 won't either even knowing this problem has been going on for many years. I went on lexus forums to see if other people have had same experience and the answer is yes from same dealership also too but after their 5000 mile service. Beware and spread the word about lexus.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Lexus requires you to pay a yearly fee to use remote app or key fob for remote start. They should not be doing this. Other manufacturers do not require this fee. I will think twice before purchasing another Lexus vehicle because of this.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

In trying to use destination assist, I find the wait time to speak to an agent is very unacceptable. I have waited on more than one occasion in excess of 5 minutes. It never use to be this way, and the problem seems to be getting worse. It seems as though there aren't enough people, and what can be more appalling than that. Spend the money and get us the service.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I visited JM Lexus where I leased my NX200. I had a accident about 4 weeks before lease end. I spoke to a manager about the procedure of returning the vehicle if it was damaged. he went into the computer, and stated to me that I had the excess wear and tear plan, and I was covered at $2000.00 per incident up to $7500.00. I explained to him that I was going to take it to my insurance company, and pay a $500.00 deductible, and have the vehicle repaired. He assured me that the plan would cover the damage, and just return the vehicle. I did what he told me to do, and my new vehicle arrived about two weeks later. The night before, I got a invoice from Lexus for $6500.00.

I forwarded this information to the salesperson, and he said the damaged should have been covered. After speaking with his manager, it wasnt covered. Problem is now the vehicle was sold at auction, and I cannot put in a claim with my insurance company. I spoke to the Manager at the dealership, and he told me that when the car was turned in the salesman was supposed to inspect it, and he would have told me there was too much damage. That never happened. I told this guy from the get go there was a lot of damage, but he was sure it would be covered. Now Lexus is trying to put me on the hook for the damage, because somebody there dropped the ball. It is just aggravating to me that I was going to put the claim in to my insurance company, and this whole thing would have only cost me $500.00, and I listened to the Lexus representative instead. Looks as though to me the Wear and Tear plan is a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have a 2008 Lexus Rx350 with a cracked and melted dashboard and Lexus refuses to help in any way even though thousands of cars had this same issue. Lexus is substandard and their customer service is below par. I do not recommend anyone to buy a Lexus. You will be sorry because they do not stand behind their vehicles. I was never notified about this dashboard issue so by them saying I didn't react in time is a stupid reason not to help with a product they they know... has been an issue all along.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Lexus ES300H is my dream car. Become my nightmare now. My new car water leaking into the car within 6 months & 8 months. The 1st incident was the sunroof leaking and the 2nd incident was the aircon evaporator coil. I am very disappointed such a premium given such problem. Furthermore, Lexus Service Centre does not have the spare parts on hand. Therefore, I got to wait for a month plus for Lexus Service Centre to repair it.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have been driving Lexus RX series since 2004 and Germain Lexus of Dublin Ohio is my dealer that I dealt with all those years. Just recently, I returned my leased 2017 RX350 and purchased 2020 RX350L. The deal was to forgive me for all remaining payments on my lease and to forgive me for the excessive mileage. Everything was verbally and was not in writing.

Once I got my new 2020 RX350L, few weeks later I received an invoice from Lexus Financial Services to pay for excessive mileage. I called Lexus Financial Services and said the deal was to forgive me, they said, "You have to contact Germain dealership and remind them to pay us the bill," I did and the sales manager I dealt with said that the deal was I have to pay for excessive mileage. I am 100% positive that he is not correct but unfortunately, there is nothing in writing to proof my case. I wrote a complaint on Germain’s website but no one contacted me, I also left a voicemail for the General Manager but he didn't return my call.

My advice is to get every promise in writing before you sign anything.

Original review: June 26, 2020

2013 Lexus RX350, zero accident, South County Maintained at 62K miles it already had Cylinder head gasket leak. Failed to meet my expectations of 100k miles... Failed to meet the Reliability Pedestal.

Original review: June 24, 2020

About 15000 miles I noticed the leather coloring wearing off. When I called about it they said no problem under bumper to bumper warranty. Mind you I weigh 155 and my wife weighed 125. When taking it in for airbag recall with now 30000 miles and still under warranty I mentioned the seats. They have refused to repair it or replace them. I have a 1994 F350 we towed the race car with and 200000 miles and seats perfect. Any other vehicle I have owned, I'm 70 and owned quite a few, never had coloring worn off the seats. On my 2010 Lexus didn't have a problem. But now I guess they are saying we can't meet the quality of all the other car manufactures. This is totally wrong what they do and should be held accountable and take care of the defect.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Lexus is generous enough to defer lease payments up to two months. This means of course that those payments will be due at the end of the lease. However if your lease ends 3 months from now that makes no sense. In this uncertain times where people are getting laid off or businesses have been closed it would be nice if Lexus would understand that. How hypocritical is it that they have a promo with no payments for 90 days on new lease or purchases only. So you have to commit to get in debt in order to get that benefit.

Lexus Company Information