2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (768 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Lexus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Lexus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexus?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

2021 GX460 Luxury edition no longer has dual auto-dimming mirrors! They had them on the GX460 Premium/Luxury trim ever since their 2010 redesign and even after the 2020 facelift they kept this feature on the Luxury edition...only to be dropped on a 2021! They're saving $100 on a $70k vehicle! Every other Lexus vehicle has them standard or available in a package except for the GX460 now! What's next Lexus??? Manual windows???

I wrote to Lexus about this and earlier today spoke to their "Case Manager" regarding this issue. First she said that "Lexus determines their vehicles features based on extensive research and consumer feedback"! Really??? Who are those "customers" that complained about their passenger side auto-dimming mirror preventing them from being blinded by a semi or an F-250??? But then it gets even more bizarre: she said that "it is not salesperson responsibility to inform customers about vehicle features"... OK! Who's job is it?

So according to her, it was my job to somehow suspect that Lexus would decide to drop this feature from a vehicle that had it on every MY starting from 2010-2013 (Premium) and then from 2014-2019 (Luxury) and it stayed on the 2020 redesign on the Luxury trim!!! I was supposed to suspect that it would be dropped for 2021... because..?? I'm sorry, but this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Good deal Lexus! You saved your nickel... You've lost a loyal customer! If this is what you call "pursuit of perfection" count me out of that pursuit!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I am the owner of my third Lexus ES 350. I anticipated buying my fourth in the next couple of years. I have purchased a Lexus almost exclusively because of its reputation for quality. As I am often in my car alone, the idea of having a car that will not leave me stranded by the side of the road is paramount. I noticed initially, however, with my most recent car purchased new, the 2014 model, that it was not as quiet as my first Lexus.

I let that past not attributing it to a decline in overall quality. However, I was wholly unprepared for the wholesale failure without warning of my transmission after only 74,000 miles leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I was lucky to make it to a surface street as the failure occurred on the highway. This was a car, as was the case with each of my prior purchases, that had each and every service recommended, all done by a Lexus dealer. However, I could have saved myself a tremendous amount of money, both in terms of initial outlay and maintenance cost, with a much cheaper car and received the same result. This is my LAST Lexus and last Toyota made car.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We HAD (with emphasis) a 2018 Lexus GX 460 with only 27,000 miles on it when the alternator decided to completely fail. We live in a very remote area in the summer that is not close to a Lexus dealership so we had a local mechanic replace the alternator. When we returned to our main residence in Florida we took the vehicle to the dealership we purchased it from for a checkup and presented them the bill for replacing the alternator. The service representative said they would submit it to Lexus for reimbursement and we should get a check within a few weeks.

Weeks passed and finally, we received a call from our rep saying we would have to deal directly with Lexus Corporation. The corporate office made us jump from hoop to hoop while knowing full well they had no intentions of reimbursing us because we didn’t use a “certified Lexus mechanic”. Lexus has always touted themselves as a “customer comes first” company. Clearly, these core values have gone by the wayside. Additionally, their quality control that they have always prided themselves in has totally gone down the tubes. After reading all these negative reviews I can see I’m not the only one who has issues with this company. We will not be buying any more Lexus vehicles in our lifetime and many of our friends who own a Lexus will hear our story. Sadly Lexus will be keeping OUR $921.97. They apparently will need it to keep their head above water from all of their problems.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently emailed Lexus Brand Experience about the horrible service I have received with my new Lexus ES350 FSport. This was on 12/29 and I have yet to hear back. Just another testament to why I will never buy a Lexus again. It all started from the salesperson telling us that we had 2 free oil changes that come to find out is not true. Then after bringing my car home, noticing it has a very small chip on the gas cap & the salesperson telling us "Oh well, you took it home, nothing we can do." Each time I've taken my car in for service it has not gone smoothly. The 2nd time taking it in they rotated my tires & since then my car has not driven the same. Took it in for the 3rd time and when I bring this up, the service writer proceeds to tell me that they could balance them for $90 & had I brought it in immediately after that they would have fixed it. I'm trading in my car and will never recommend Lexus to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Beware of this diagnosis. It is not covered as of now from Lexus and is a 6,000-7000 dollar repair due to their drain hose design and placement in vehicle. I just bring it in for 10000 mile service and within a week the car started to take in water. It's been a problem with these cars since 2012 and they won't do anything to fix it because they're claiming natural causes. I leased car from lexus of Rt 10 in Whippany NJ. They won't help or lexus 1-800 won't either even knowing this problem has been going on for many years. I went on lexus forums to see if other people have had same experience and the answer is yes from same dealership also too but after their 5000 mile service. Beware and spread the word about lexus.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Lexus requires you to pay a yearly fee to use remote app or key fob for remote start. They should not be doing this. Other manufacturers do not require this fee. I will think twice before purchasing another Lexus vehicle because of this.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

In trying to use destination assist, I find the wait time to speak to an agent is very unacceptable. I have waited on more than one occasion in excess of 5 minutes. It never use to be this way, and the problem seems to be getting worse. It seems as though there aren't enough people, and what can be more appalling than that. Spend the money and get us the service.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I visited JM Lexus where I leased my NX200. I had a accident about 4 weeks before lease end. I spoke to a manager about the procedure of returning the vehicle if it was damaged. he went into the computer, and stated to me that I had the excess wear and tear plan, and I was covered at $2000.00 per incident up to $7500.00. I explained to him that I was going to take it to my insurance company, and pay a $500.00 deductible, and have the vehicle repaired. He assured me that the plan would cover the damage, and just return the vehicle. I did what he told me to do, and my new vehicle arrived about two weeks later. The night before, I got a invoice from Lexus for $6500.00.

I forwarded this information to the salesperson, and he said the damaged should have been covered. After speaking with his manager, it wasnt covered. Problem is now the vehicle was sold at auction, and I cannot put in a claim with my insurance company. I spoke to the Manager at the dealership, and he told me that when the car was turned in the salesman was supposed to inspect it, and he would have told me there was too much damage. That never happened. I told this guy from the get go there was a lot of damage, but he was sure it would be covered. Now Lexus is trying to put me on the hook for the damage, because somebody there dropped the ball. It is just aggravating to me that I was going to put the claim in to my insurance company, and this whole thing would have only cost me $500.00, and I listened to the Lexus representative instead. Looks as though to me the Wear and Tear plan is a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have a 2008 Lexus Rx350 with a cracked and melted dashboard and Lexus refuses to help in any way even though thousands of cars had this same issue. Lexus is substandard and their customer service is below par. I do not recommend anyone to buy a Lexus. You will be sorry because they do not stand behind their vehicles. I was never notified about this dashboard issue so by them saying I didn't react in time is a stupid reason not to help with a product they they know... has been an issue all along.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Lexus ES300H is my dream car. Become my nightmare now. My new car water leaking into the car within 6 months & 8 months. The 1st incident was the sunroof leaking and the 2nd incident was the aircon evaporator coil. I am very disappointed such a premium given such problem. Furthermore, Lexus Service Centre does not have the spare parts on hand. Therefore, I got to wait for a month plus for Lexus Service Centre to repair it.

Lexus Company Information