3.6/5 (2203 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

BUYER BEWARE. Worst Customer service ever and the quality has obviously gone down hill. Bought a certified pre owned Honda Odyssey 2 years ago. Took it in for schedule maintenance (to the tune of $1300), and to have the power steering fluid checked because of a whirring sound. Was told the rack and pinion went bad. Total Anomaly. The mechanics had never seen a vehicle this young, with this few of miles have a rack go bad like this. The bumper to bumper warranty expired after 12 months, and it did not fall under the power train warranty. I submitted a claim to have it covered anyway and my case worker flat out told me that since I have "Only" had two Hondas, my claim was denied.

Not worth the price tag if parts will fail like this. ESPECIALLY considering we were in the middle of a pandemic and it was hardly used at all over that time. Now? I am taking what had been my dream car for the last 15 years to literally ANY OTHER car manufacturer and trading it in instead of paying ANOTHER $3,000 out of pocket to replace their faulty part. ANYONE else can fix it and get the money for it. I will never buy another Honda again, and I will warn everyone I come in contact with to totally avoid giving them their business. They do NOT stand behind their products and do NOT have decent customer service.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

My vehicle has been in the shop since March 2022 because Honda is in able of sending the required part.. In March they gave me a an April date of completion and every month is the same issue.. I have no vehicle to drive, I continue to make payments, continue to provide insurance and pay it for my vehicle to be sitting in a parking lot.. All I’m asking is to give me a loaner for me to use.. Honda should not be giving a date of completion if they are not going to keep their word.. I will not be dealing with Honda ever.. My vehicle to be in the shop going into a year this is unacceptable.. What happen to take care of our customer..

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Ac completely stopped working at 34k miles, I purchased it brand new, 1 driver, and always garaged. Honda replaced the AC and covered it, but the quote to repair was $3700.00! Outrageous for a repair bill like that on a very low mileage car! The warranty on the new part is only 1 year, not good odds it will last.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Car hard idled and stuttered within 6 months of driving it new off the lot. Had it seen by 3 dealerships, they were unable to feel what I felt and did not fix the issue. Spoke to Honda directly and they also didn’t help. 4 years later, technician finally able to feel the issue but the vehicle is now conveniently outside of the warranty. Call Honda and they even more conveniently have no record of me contacting them years earlier. They can see the numerous times I’ve been to the dealerships for this same issue but claim it’s a different issue even though it’s the exact same symptom. They are unwilling to cover anything. They sold me a lemon. Do not buy Honda.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Purchased 2 Vehicles from Honda, their Vehicles are Not Compatible with the I Phone 12 and 13, Yet they continue to sell these vehicles without telling the consumers prior to purchasing. I have been back and forth and still haven’t resolved this issue to No Avail.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Every Honda car I've had/driven takes 40 years and a massive migraine just to hook up a functional Bluetooth (if that). You'd think with technology growing they could get with the times but no. They think since the car runs that's all they need. Then they think they're smart with stupid safety features like not being able to link up while driving. I have a passenger trying to connect and I can't even do that?! It's none of your business to tell, me what I can and can't do driving, especially when you can't even figure out a decent operating system. Would not recommend. Find yourself a Toyota or something.

Original review: April 17, 2022

My 2021 6,400 miles, good warranty has computer shutting down & transmission leak. Dangerous, will not fix. Only willing to offer trade. Nat. & local dealership. Scam. They need to be stopped before someone dies.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I purchased a used Honda vehicle, 2014 model, in great condition. After paying 19K for this vehicle, after the first month of owning this vehicle the paint start peeling off the trunk door (Honda Odyssey), and around the door frames. After doing some research I found out that there was a defect with the paint used on Honda Odysseys for the year of my vehicle. Honda knew about this defect and so extended their warranty for 7 years, great. However, for those of us purchasing a vehicle used because we can't afford to purchase new, we don't find out about FACTORY DEFECTS until after the crap hits the fan.

I called Honda's customer service line and was rejected, I asked to be sent to mediation. They told me I would hear back in 3-5 days but after a month I heard nothing. I called back, they told me I would hear back by the end of the day, nothing again. I called the following day and was told I'd hear back, nothing AGAIN. Another week goes by and I call AGAIN, and finally reach somebody who tells me that I made the choice to buy used and out of warranty so I'm out of luck, despite the now compromised frame and body of my vehicle, and the structural damage that will occur (hello safety concern when the frame of my vehicle rusts to ** because of a defect Honda knows about but doesn't care to handle).

This customer service experience has been HORRIBLE, and what makes it worse is the Honda KNOWS they produced and mass sold a vehicle with faulty paint, and its those of us who have to purchased used, not able to afford new, who have to incur the further financial hit to try to fix this issue. Just over one month I had this car, meticulously taken care of, mint condition, not owner neglect, but rather Honda neglect, and this multimillion-dollar company refuses to fix the problem they created. Good one.

Original review: March 31, 2022

1. The dealer is charging the credit/debit card fee from the customer due to which I personally had to compromise on my home loan emi and the credit score and the query resolution dept says that it can't do anything about this. 2. The dealer isn't providing the temp reg. no. and once again the query resolution team says that it's ok.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I went into Honda of Burlington here in Washington and was coming in to pay off my 2021 Honda Accord and was persuaded to purchase another vehicle of lesser quality. Within 24 hours of the purchase I regretted this decision because the car was not of equal quality to the car I had drove in there. The general manager called me to tell me she would not give me my original car back.

Again it had not even been 24 hours and I had been calling all morning trying to reach someone in management but they were all in meetings. I just wanted my car back and they refused! Not only was this emotionally damaging but the general manager said she could tell I was upset because I was crying and she said "I can tell you're upset so I will let you go" after telling me I couldn't have my car back and me begging to get it back. She was absolutely horrible! She did not need to be rude as I never once raised my voice or anything. I simply begged to have my car back. She said no! Have a good day and hung up.

I have always supported Honda and am very devastated that this is how they do business! I would not recommended them to anyone! How could you do that to someone? They simply got the better end of the deal and would not give me my car back and also told me to just take and trade the car of lesser quality if I didn't like it. I'm done with Honda!!!

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team