Find a Car Brands partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (411 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The Honda brand is been a long time reliable ride for my family. I have 4 Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, Honda CR-V. Most reliable ride over all handling Power Ride and Maintenance Safety Features Radial Tires Engine Design for power to haul 8 people for family members with kids for school rides soccers playground and other Various track and field’s events as well for Going to the Beach and Family Vacations to Florida Disney Land etc.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Honda is a reliable car. I have owned other brands as well. I get a smooth driving experience along with the safety features which comes with it. The safety features and side lane changing alerts are very useful while driving.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Honda brand Cars stand the test of time. The affordability when repairs are needed are one of the major reasons I would purchase another Honda. The only issues I came across were with the AC and some minor electrical issues. The AC apparently had some issues that were addressed company wide and when I went to a Honda Service Center, The problem was fixed free of charge. As for the electrical issues, I have not had any clear reason told to me of why they occur but have heard from other Honda Owners that they have also experienced small electrical errors. Those issues include the radio/gps monitor and connection.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Honda have good reputation for their vehicles and they last a long time if you keep them in good condition and make sure that you treat your vehicle well and maintain it. They do run well for the Honda vehicles and the company has been around a long time for the vehicles.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a new, 2022 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition just a little over two weeks ago. When my vehicle was less than two weeks old, with under 500kms it began throwing warning lights. The awd stopped working and my heater shut down entirely (in minus 30 weather). I was getting a total of eight different warning lights and I couldn't move my electric seats to be able to drive safely. Once I got my vehicle home it would no longer start. I figured no big deal, my vehicle hasn't even gone through its first tank of gas, Honda has a great reputation and will take care of me.

I have never been so wrong about a manufacturer and have never felt so unappreciated as a customer. It took days to even get my vehicle towed. I've now spent the past five days on the phone talking with over a dozen different people. Every person I spoke with said it was a different department or person's responsibility. Literally just passing the buck back and forth between Honda Customer Relations, Honda Roadside Assistance and the dealership. I even had my call "dropped" at one point.

After being juggled around for days I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor at Honda Customer Relations. Customer relations told me that supervisors don't speak on the phone with customers. I thought I must have misheard what I was being told. I can buy a forty dollar watch from China and get a supervisor on the phone but not for a new vehicle? I spent 60k on a vehicle two weeks ago (though I haven't actually been able to drive it for nearly half the duration of ownership) and Honda Canada doesn't even value me enough as a customer to allow me to speak to someone above the person answering the phone. I was told the only way I would be able to speak to a supervisor is if I was injured or if my vehicle injured someone else. They're lucky that I was able to pilot my heater less vehicle from a near laying position back to my house without injuring someone.

I however, was not so lucky, as apparently an accident is the only way that you rate high enough to speak to someone with an answer other than we don't take care of that or it's someone else's responsibility. That's what it ultimately comes down to...caring. Honda obviously no longer cares if its customers are safe or remotely satisfied. My vehicle is sitting at the dealership 170kms away from my home, after it broke down due to no fault of my own. Not my fault but my problem. Honda's suggestion was either rent a vehicle on my dollar or talk to my insurance company about getting a rental.

Honda Canada, as you have made blatantly clear at this point, your (technically my, though I don't actually have possession) malfunctioning, unsafe vehicle has become solely my problem after I signed on the dotted line. I however, will never buy another Honda and I will let everyone who will hear it know that Honda no longer stands behind their product and definitely not their customer. This has been unequivocally the worst buying experience I've had to date. I'm sitting here in utter disbelief, sick to my stomach trying to figure out how to get my new vehicle back home.

I recommend that if you're shopping for a new vehicle that you don't just assume that Honda still stands for reliability and customer service as I had. Look into the customer complaints, class action lawsuits and you'll likely figure out that Honda has adopted the money first, customer last stance that so many manufacturers are moving towards.

Let my expensive mistake guide you away from a company that no longer embodies what used to be synonymous with Honda...Trust. You'll pay the Honda premium, they'll pocket your dollars, take your trust, crumple it up and toss it along side you into the trash. I may not speak for all your customers but I think all those you've tossed aside would agree...We aren't asking for better.. we're demanding it!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a 2022 Honda HRV from Honda dealership, Carbone Honda, who sold to LED. My car stalled a couple times and salesperson said it was the energy saving feature, not really stalling. I had aftermarket car starter installed. Then car became difficult to start and stopped while driving on highway. They blamed the car starter and charged me to remove it and restore to factory. On my way home it shut off again. They then determined the washer holding the main ground wire was not staying locked and replaced it. Told me it wasn’t the car starter. I’m out $550 for car starter and removal of it. I’m afraid to put it back in because any issue will be blamed on it.

I’m being bullied into buying their product. They refuse to return my money and I drove the car unsafely for a couple of months. I was basically called a liar by the Service Manager 12/17/21. Offered to discount factory car starter to $650 + tax and $100 loyalty card if I met the Honda Rep and signed a release. Honda Corp has an open case but always tell me that all they can do is talk to dealership. Whenever you call dealership no one answers, was told they had no receptionist in Service so they answer when they are not busy. I will never buy from Honda again!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I purchased a Honda Insight 2020 on the last day of 2020 and got a pretty good deal. I got a flat tire and called Honda Roadside assistance-- the car does not come with a spare. Only a box to blow the tire back up and I guess plug the hole with some time of goop. The instructions seemed daunting so I asked if the roadside assistance could help me with this and was told NO-- all they could do was tow the car. The first person I spoke with from Honda said they could transfer me to Honda care to help me walk through the steps but instead got another roadside assist person (I think his name was Aid, pronounced Ed)l. He could not understand me and kept asking the same questions when I explained it to him. It then turned out that the puncture was on the sidewall and the machine will not work when there is damage to the sidewall. Additionally, Honda would not let me ride in the tow truck.

Normally a flat tire is not a big deal; if I had got help changing the tire I could have been on my way. Instead, the car needed to be towed and I needed to find another way home and had to wait a day for the tire to be changed. What if I had been far from home with no one to pick me up? I would have been stranded. It is absolutely irresponsible for Honda to put people in this situation. Honda should provide a free spare tire and kit. Mary Jo **.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I have been looking all over for a red 2022 ridge liner rtl-e truck. So I contacted several local dealers and put it on the web too. Last night got a call from a sales man Mark from Venice honda and told me that he just got in a red ridge line and if I was still interested, I jumped at the chance. We agreed I would come in at 1030 the next morning and that no one had an appt that was interested in this truck. He even told me he would grab the keys to this vehicle so no one would grab it before me, on the way down there (90 min drive) in a torrential rainstorm got a text from him if that I was still coming. I replied right away that I was going to be there on time, I also got two phone calls. One from Kyle the manager to see if I was coming and replied yes, I was very excited only to get there for my appt. Saw the truck in the lot and a couple were looking at it, I asked mark if that was the truck, he replied yes but that the couple I saw put a deposit on it.

So all this trouble and he was lying to me, then he proceeds to try and sell me a pacific pewter ridgeline, I told him if I wanted that I wouldn’t be looking all over for this particular truck, I was so angry at this point. When I checked their reviews I read that this practice was quite common with this dealership. So I drove 3 hrs in a terrible storm to be lied to. I think people deserve better than this. I understand car dealerships don't have a stellar reputation but to get someone to drive 3 hrs for nothing but try to drum up a sale, I will never buy a honda again, I have owned 4 different Honda’s.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

This is my second Honda and I WILL NEVER purchase a Honda again. I was in an accident that was not my fault May 1st. They have been pushing my one part on backorder a month each time. First they said June. Then July. Then August. Then September. And now October. They will not assist with a rental. They won't help whatsoever! I will tell anyone that asks to never purchase from Honda!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

2019 HRV Have been happy with it. Infotainment center has always given me a problem. When turning on right blinker Apple car play turns off. Using steering wheel to change display doesn’t work. Constantly lost signal in middle of driving for no reason. Brought in more than once to fix it and all they did was reset it which only made me have to reset stations. Now nothing works on the system. They have no idea how long it will take to get entire audio system back in stock. So now The car I bought to have Apple Car play and maps does nothing. Can’t use phone charger. Can’t use Bluetooth. Nothing but a blinking H for who knows how long.

I feel like I have not a full car. Finally ready to go on road trip and the things I bought for safer trips and doesn’t work. Bought the touring for all the infotainment and now have nothing. Paid for infotainment and now have nothing with no end in sight. Would not buy again because of this. Would sell now but wouldn’t get moneys worth because of it. 2019 HRV not worth it if you want a working radio or car charger or map.

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team