2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Honda Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Always had Hondas. We love their reliability. Wish the Pilot was less expensive, that's a favorite. Had a Pilot for years but I had to retire it. We now have a Civic and an Accord. Only problem with the 2016 Civic was the air conditioning but Honda is reimbursing customers for this.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The Honda Acura is ergonomically superior to other vehicles I have owned. It is very user friendly in its location of buttons for cruise control, lights, and dashboard. Comfy and roomy seats. Gas consumption is very satisfactory. Great pick up and braking. It is a very reliable vehicle and have had no major repairs needed.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My family and I have owned several Hondas. I have only had minor issues with my Honda. I have never had to put a lot of money in it to fix it. These cars just seem to last a lot of years and miles. I've had other vehicles that didn't last as long as my Hondas. In all they are very good vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was not a Honda person until I started researching them and found that everyone who had one had none to rarely any problems with them. In addition to their reliability, their fuel economy is very good and they hold their value if maintained and taken care of. There are vehicles that are more comfortable but if they are sitting in a repair shop draining your bank account and are unreliable as transportation offsets the difference in comfort. I have owned many new vehicles and the most expensive one (a Cadillac STS) is the worst ever for reliability and our Honda CRV has been the best with ZERO problems ever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Honda is a great car, but it lags behind many other SUVs in the area of safety. My 2019 has some safety features but they are unpredictable and touchy. I am reluctant to use them, for example, the speed control does not pickup the car in front of you until very late, scary! It also does not have pedestrians detection in front.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I traded in my Dodge Challenger for a brave new 2019 Honda Civic sport due to commuting. Don’t waste your money, the car is made of plastic, you lean on it or even knock something lightly against it you will have a dent. For a $26,000 car. The sensor system is piece of **! Lights come on for no reason, I take it to Honda and they want to charge hundreds of dollars to fix problems that I did not cause as I keep the maintenance and upkeep on the car up. The tires are **! I’ve had my car for 3 months and have had 3 issues with my tires. I’ve never had issues with cars until this nightmare. Don’t purchase a 2019 Honda!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a new car Honda HR-V 2018 at Honda auto plaza mall (Nostrand avenue in Brooklyn). I don't know that is going on but this car has been giving me so much problem. This car stopped with me in the middle of road. Sometime the steering wheel just locked when I am driving and the dash just went black. I brought it to Honda but nothing got done cause it is still giving me the same problem. They want me to keep driving it like that cause they cannot figure out the issue. I left the car with them until they can fix it. If you love yourself and your family do not buy this car. I cannot keep risking my life and the life of my family driving that car. I could understand if I bought a used car but I bought a new car. Hope this review will help you in your decision. Please see video.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Went local and after 3 mo. they could not relate issue to area rep. Call for roadside assistance after car died. Seven thousand miles on odometer. Waited 4 min. For assistance then needed ID #. Find that in the dark. Called back. Waited 5 min. Got someone I couldn’t understand. Ask her to repeat and she hung up. She did not call back. This was your -Roadside Assistance??? I’d

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I bought a 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition. The electrical is crackling. The entertainment system (phone Bluetooth and radio) don’t work properly. Loud crackling in the windshield when driving. Honda does not know how to fix the problem. Also seen in new Passports. The dealership is trouble shooting on my car and had the vehicle 3 weeks. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The car is under powered, electrically and gas horse power. They could and should have done better, that's why the car is not selling. Additionally, if it is raining and you get caught in it the car does weird unpredictable things, clunking along and lose power. Couple days later it was fine again. Now Chevrolet came out with a Corvette C8, looks like what an NSX should have been, even has a Targa top. I should have waited.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team