1.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Honda

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 9, 2018

814 Honda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have a 2014 CRV. Side panels on both driver and passenger side have faded quite a bit, 2 buttons on radio do not work. (We hardly use radio). Back seat does not go down all the way. I have only had seat opened up twice to vacuum and now it does not go back down all the way unless you are sitting on it. Lastly the trunk does not open. It works on and off once every 2 weeks I can unlock and open, every other time I have to throw things in trunk through back seat. These things are definitely not from wear and tear, have never had issues like this in any other car I have owned. Of course I was told through dealership that all of the above is only covered in first 3 years.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I am highly disappointed in the service I’ve received from Honda Customer Service. I leased a 2017 Honda Accord Sport and have had nothing but issues from day 1. The dealership has done an exceptional job trying to resolve the issues, where Honda Customer Service lacks the ability to serve their customers and document cases open accurately. I’ve had issues from the gas tank release being broken in the first week to a constant wind noise coming from the driver side window or door seal. In addition, I had to take my car in once again for a heavy vibration when breaking. I’ve made several trips to get these things resolved and Honda Customer Service has a very unsatisfied customer on their hands. I will definitely reconsider going with Honda in the future and I have two of them. Hopefully Honda executives realize the lack of quality support with their Customer service group.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

All the trunks leak. All the cup holders break or stay stuck open. Constant replacing spark plugs and wires. You have to rev them like mad (but the most of you know the VTEC deal). The worst is the radiator issue. Also, expensive brake jobs. Around 80K miles they have to be replaced. The cat heat shields on all. Yes, there are worse cars out there. But, Honda is way overrated.

My first Honda, 89si, they told me the payments would be 254 a month. Being gifted mathematically, I told him he was off 25 bucks. "Show me your work." He wouldn't. I then ran the numbers by him and lo and behold, he never counted in my down payment. Then the clutch went bad at 800 miles and they said it was a moving part. I told them I would burn the car in front of their place. My brother, an attorney, fixed the problem. He also found out the finance guy and a girl got arrested. This was Martins Honda in Manhattan. But I never had another issue with that car, outside of the spark plug, radiator, cat shield and cup thing. Wrecked it and bought a 95ex. Cat shield, leaky trunk, same issues as above but the clutch was fine. Replaced the radiator. Bought a 2002 ex, Same issues as above minus the clutch. I guess I'd rather know the enemy than roll the dice. Still have the car but it's parked in the garage for posterity.

Best Honda we ever had was the 98 Odyssey. What a car. Best ratings in Minivan history. My oldest just sold it with a zillion miles on it. We brought into Brewster Honda for a brake job and I had put brand new windshield wipers on it the day before. Went to pick it up and the wipers were swapped out with worn out mismatched metal on glass wipers. I was livid. They told me it wasn't their responsibility if the car was parked outside and someone stole or damaged it. I said, if someone stole them, under the bright all night light, who on earth would take the time to replace them? Common sense. I told them I have another set of keys and I'm driving off. See you in court and you know I'll win. They gave me new wipers.

My other two Honda I inherited. One blew up after the dealer 'allegedly' put in a new timing belt, the other is an Accord that is old but has the best AC I've ever been around. Odd as the AC in my Civics were awful. It won't show me as a verified owner but it's kind of obvious I am. PS: Go in with your own financing because Honda is the worst at "You can get 3% interest if you do this undercoating or whatever and blah blah." Said no the first time and now my answer is, "I want out of this room. Where do I sign." It seems like a prevailing theme with auto dealers.

Haven't bought a Honda since the '02. Someday, if I move south, I'd consider an Accord. Seems like so much technology now, that the length of warranty of whatever brand is a starting point. All these techno cars and going to be crazy money to fix. I give the cars 4 stars and the dealers 0 stars. Considering how many truly lousy cars are on the road and that almost all dealers are lame. That should come out to 2 but you don't deal with them much. So I'll say 3 stars. Of course, everyone reads 1 star and 5 star reviews (looking for consistency in the good and or the bad), so this won't be read by too many.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I'm angry about the clear coat peeling off my car. This is not "Normal" wear and tear or all cars would have this problem! I park my car in the garage but the clear coat was still damaged. I believe that Honda should cover this defect!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have 2009 Honda with only 60K miles on it, suddenly loud rattle started on a cold start. After reviewing online I found the issue to be a Faulty VTC Actuator WHICH IS A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH HONDA. I am just a few months outside of my extended warranty (of course) and the repair cost me $650.00 for again a known problem with Honda cars. (This was confirmed by the Honda service manager). I have submitted a dispute to Honda two weeks ago, I did receive a return call this past Monday to call back service rep. named Jennifer, I have called & left her 3 messages to return my call and still have not heard back. One time I called someone else answered & said "oh she is ready to go unavailable, I'll put you in her voice mail." Terrible customer service & their Faulty VTC Actuators should be on a recall.

Updated on 11/15/2017: Finally heard back from American Honda, they naturally won't reimburse me for replacing the VTC actuator & was basically told it was a consumer concern not a Honda issue. What??? I was told I had no loyalty to Honda & since my car is 2009 I should accept the fact I was responsible for the repairs. When I kept repeating myself about the faulty VTC actuator which was a known issue, the rep just kept saying it was a consumer concern not a Honda issue. He also stated that the "engineers" claim the VTC actuator would not do any harm to the car if I chose not to replace it, it was just the noise that was bothering me. I thought my head was going to explode... sorry Honda, that was just sad customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I regret leasing the Honda Clarity Fuel Cell car. Honda promoted the car highly. In reality, once you sign the papers to lease the car. The dealership refers you to call Honda and deal with Honda directly. It's a nightmare dealing with Honda because it's a highly bureaucratic and low level company which makes you run around circles to get answers if you even get your answers. Each time you have to wait a couple of days for them to return your calls. The worst case is that the Honda employees/people are so low level that you don't even want to deal with. They are insensitive and make you feel like they had you by the balls because you have signed the lease. They are rude and they don't know how to solve your problems.

The car was promoted to come with a $15000 fuel card. I have received the fuel card which only has $3000. I called Honda to inquire about it. Honda referred me to the card company which I was told that Honda only loaded $3000 and they have nothing to do with it. They referred me back to Honda. I called Honda and I was frustrated that they had me run around circles again. They refused to answer my question and talked down at me. I told the low level customer service employee to listen to me and she kept talking and had no answer for me. I will never have anything to do with Honda again!!! I had 3 Ford Explorer cars before I decided on a Honda. Ford treated me courteously and solved any of my problem related to my explorer. Buyer beware when you buy a car. They don't deliver what they market and sell you. Buyer beware!!!

Updated on 12/04/2017: This is a second review with my leased Honda Clarity Fuel Cell car. This time the hydrogen fuel tank does not register the hydrogen fuel level right after I have filled up at the fueling station. When I drove off from the fueling station after filling it full with 3.525 kilograms, it remained the same low level as before I filled up. The warning message also came on "Power System Problem". I drove it for short distance about 15 miles. At one point, it reduced my speed to below 50 miles per hour on highway 280. I stopped at the fueling station again on the way back. I filled up again with .309 kilogram of hydrogen fuel. The fuel gauge level didn't change. I stopped at Stevens Creek Honda service dept. to have it checked. After about 4 hours, the technician informed me that the hydrogen fuel tank is faulty and malfunctioned. My car had to be trucked to Honda factory in Torrance, CA to replace the hydrogen fuel tank.

The Stevens Creek Honda service dept. told me to bring the car in the shop the next day as Honda had scheduled a truck to pick it up along with other cars on 11/29/2017 to be trucked to Honda factory in Torrance, CA where they have the equipment to drain the hydrogen fuel and replace the tank. I called Honda in Torrance, CA. and was assigned a case number with the case mgr., Larry. He left me a message on Wed., 11/29/2017 to call him with my case number. I returned his call and he never returned my call while my car is still sitting at Stevens Creek Honda service dept. parking lot as of today, 12/04/2017. I called Honda case mgr., Larry this morning. He is oblivious to my problem and told me that I have to wait till Thursday to get an answer from him.

Previously, I was complaining about the bad service and treatment by Honda's customer service rep. The customer care dept. supervisor/mgr., Latisha ** called me back and apologized for the bad service. Honda customer service hang up on me without hearing my car's problem. Latisha ** assured me that she would notify the customer service dept. mgr. to have better training of their personnel. She further assured me that my record has been marked to have my future calls to be transferred directly to her when I have problem with my car. I called in 11/28/2017 and was told that my car is still assigned to case mgr., Larry who doesn't know how to resolve the issue promptly. He just pass my issue down and not responsive.

There are 3 other Honda Clarity fuel cell cars sitting at Stevens Creek Honda service dept. Parking lot waiting to be trucked to Honda at Torrance, CA. For the same problem needing replacement of the hydrogen tank!!! Horrible experience with Honda on this car. Absolutely not what I had experienced with my previous Honda gasoline engine cars. Buyer beware of the poor customer service and customer care when you have any problem with Honda cars. I can only give 1 star for my Honda experience. I would even give zero star if there's one.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Overall I believe that Honda has some great cars. I own a Pilot and I enjoy driving it. However, it is somewhat noisy on the road, some rattles and gas mileage could be improved on this model. Other than that, it is comfortable on long trips.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We've had two other Hondas before we settled on the Pilot. We were looking for something roomy, comfortable and could accommodate a teenage boy with special needs. The Pilot fit the bill perfectly.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The purpose to express how disappointed I am with the manner in which a recent concern was handled by Honda Customer Service. To give some background, I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe in June of 2017. Roughly two months after, the car began to have problems where to vehicle would not start the first time I pushed the start button. Over the next few day, the problem became progressively worse. I took to vehicle into the Heritage Honda in Towson, Maryland and reported the matter to the service manager, John ** who informed me that there was nothing he could do until the problem could be recreated. Please keep in mind that the vehicle had not reached 36K miles when I brought in for it to be checked.

Fast forward to October 7, 2017 when I took the vehicle in for a recall repair and explained to the technician the same problems I shared with John. Again, I was told there was nothing they could do. I left the vehicle to have the recall repair completed and received a call from the service advisor who notified me that I needed to replace the starter. I was very shocked to hear this, as I stated before the car had JUST hit 36K miles before I brought it in for repair. She gave the cost of the repair, and I approved it.

After doing some research when these symptoms with the intermittent starting began, I see that this has been an ongoing problem with Hondas since. There was even a service bulletin for this very issue for 2014 Honda Accord (V6). So my question is, if there was a problem with the starter for the same year and model of my car (minus the V6 engine) why wouldn’t your company recall vehicles that were not V6? That seems like the fair thing to do.

Needless to say that I am not a very happy Honda owner at this time. I have been a very loyal Honda supporter, and would like to continue to do so. I feel Honda should do was is morally right and reimburse me for the monies I paid to replace the starter. I have been working with Allen in customer service with the hopes of amicably resolving this matter, but unfortunately he was only able to offer me a $500 Honda gift card to be used for future purchases/services at any Honda Services. This does not seem like a customer oriented resolution. This makes it a win-win for Honda. I’m still out of my $800 that I paid to replace the starter, and you get the $500 back into Honda for any services that I may need in the future. Just doesn’t seem fair.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I am so disgusted with Honda. I filed a complaint with Cal OSHA and the Better Business Bureau. 2008 CRV Locks are messed up. They recalled just the drivers side door lock (only 1 that worked). 1 stays unlocked 27/7 and 1 stays locked passenger side. They refuse to help me in any way shape or form. I am disabled, live off 900 a month and was quoted 450.00 per door for a 50.00 part. I am raising an 8 year old and have a special needs granddaughter THESE FLIPPIN DOORS ARE UNSAFE. I called an attorney friend and is going to send them a letter seeking legal action. NOT HELPFUL. I WILL NOT OWN ANOTHER HONDA. Which I have owned since I was 16. NO MORE SCAMMERS.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My husband has a Honda Pilot and a month ago we had a scary experience. My grandson (5) was sitting in the backseat behind driver seat and there is a seat belt which hangs from the ceiling for the middle seat. My grandson was playing with the seat belt as it is right above his head and he wrapped it around his neck & twisted it. I was in the passenger seat and looked back and saw and jumped into back seat. Because he was trying to get it off there was no slack in the belt and it was tight around his neck. I could not keep trying to undo it because it kept tightening. This seat belt does not unbuckle as it is a permanent belt therefore I could not hit the release button. Luckily we were 5 minutes from my house (as we just left) and I was holding the seat belt until we got home so it would not get tighter. I had to run in and get scissors which we then cut.

All I can think is what if I didn't turn around, he could have strangled himself. So I wanted everyone to be aware of this middle seat belt. I went to local Honda dealer and he said with a tool you can release this seat belt or use another seat belt clip. Who knew! I asked if he would fix it and he said it is not covered under warranty because I cut it. I told him if I didn't cut it my grandson would have choked to death. I called main office at Honda and they said okay I will put it in complaints. So needless to say no help from Honda nor did they seem concerned that someone may die due to this seat belt. Since then I have gotten a tool that cuts seat belts and breaks windows in a car.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have 2009 Honda CRV, over the internet lot of customers like me complained about their A/C stops working when it reaches close to 100K miles. It's because of their faulty Air Compressor system. When they assembled the car, why didn't they test this system. And when they know it's a problem that almost all customers are facing, why are they extending warranty to just 6 or 7 years, what about people who don't put much of mileage on their car every day and who use it as secondary vehicle. And their car takes one or two years more to reach their faulty systems to stop working.

And moreover someone who lives in North Central United States who see cold weather almost throughout the year, and just few days of Sunny days in a year how do we determine A/C is working. Before assembling the car first thing they need to ensure they have all right quality parts without which assembling the car and selling it to customers is like deceiving customers and making false business to make money. Now, when I look at my car VIN number it says there is a recall on Driver/Passenger airbags. Not sure how they manufactured such parts and how they tested them and why were they in such a hurry to assemble such faulty products and sell it as a SUV to customers.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord and my back glass shattered last week. Although Honda said it was factory defect, they would only cover 60% and I had to cover 40% because the car was out of warranty. REALLY if is a factory defect how can I be held responsible for 40%. I had to pay out of pocket $458. Furthermore, I just got a quote from Safelite auto glass for $319.00. How can it be possible that I paid more than what the glass is worth. On top of this my car has 2 recall, charging system problem and battery sensor. I always thought highly of Honda however with this experience I am very dissatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have a Honda Accord year 2014 version. I bought it during December 2014. All this while I trust Honda quality. I am its fan. However after 1 year of using the Honda Accord, an abnormal irritating noise coming out from the back, around the door, speaker and car boot area. I had send the car to authorize service center for 3 times, however still not able to solve. The irritating noise is getting louder... Everyday early morning while driving the car, the noise spoil my mood. It is testing my patience. With this issue, I am not happy and disappointed with Honda quality. It is in fact worst than a cheap car for the fitness (noise) condition.

I am still looking forward for Honda to solve the irritating noise soonest possible. Besides the irritating noise, recently I encounter the wind screen having a few "crack" mark at the edge. Input from the tinting service provider it is due to the paint peel off. Really unbelievable that Honda can produce this type of quality level. The price of the car paid is really not meeting my expectation on its quality. Just wonder if Honda looks into the user experience and expectation when developing its products.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My daughter has a 2009 Honda Accord with 85k miles on it. It goes through 3 quarts of oil between oil changes. We submitted a claim even tho the warranty was out by one week but not out on mileage. They told me to take it to a Honda dealer (Ray Price) to do an oil consumption test. Which consist of a oil change (I pay for) then bring it back in around 1000 miles, they check level then report to Honda USA. Here's the problem, I took it back. It lost 3/4 qt by the calibrated eye of the mechanic looking at the dip stick, he didn't drain and measure. Also they didn't use the same weight oil as in the owners manual. The real misconception here is it loses at the same rate. It doesn't between the first 1000 miles and the 2nd 1000 miles it loses faster!!! Sometime between oil changes I'll put in 4 quarts!! My rating reflexes my appearance so far, it may change when it's all said and done. Banging my head in Bangor.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Honda Fit - Mileage not near what is advertised, controls not easy to use and front seat not comfortable. When push unlock on remote only driver's door opens, have to press again to open other doors and hatch, gas pedal in awkward position and ride not very comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I bought a Galaxy Gray Honda Civic LX Sedan new on Memorial Day weekend in 2008. In 2014, I noticed that the paint on the roof was fading (it looked like it had been rubbed really hard in some areas and just came off). A 6-year old car with fading paint? That made no sense, so I checked and found there was a Honda bulletin issued addressing the paint issues and that they would repaint the affected areas.

I took it to the dealer where I bought it, they kept it for two weeks and didn't offer me a loaner. They acted like they were doing me this huge favor by repainting it for free. They had a body shop repaint the roof, hood, and front fenders. I thought that was the end of it. Well, at about 7.5 years of age, the paint started coming off the trunk. I went back to the dealer and was told "sorry, it's out of warranty. We can't do anything for you."

Now the car is 9 years old and the paint is coming off two of the doors as well as the trunk. Also, the rubber stripping along both sides of the windshield cracked and broke off, and the rubber trim along two of the windows has done the same. I'm very disappointed. This is my third Honda Civic; I previously had an '89 and a '98 and had no problems like this.

My car only has 87,000 miles on it, so it should last me at least another 9 years; it's just going to look like crap unless I spend $$$ to repaint it. Why didn't Honda just repaint the entire car when they had it? The quotes I'm getting to repaint the affected areas range from $1500 to $2100. I trusted Honda due to my previous experiences, but this will be my last Honda.

When Consumer Reports asked me if I would buy this car again, I had to answer "No." When I hear or see those "Helpful SoCal Honda Dealer" commercials, I turn the channel. They'll help complete strangers with things, but they won't help their own customers! Their quality has really gone downhill and they just don't seem to care.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have been a loyal repeat customer of Honda for 26 years and have purchased three new Honda Accords in that time. My first purchase was a 1991 Honda Accord in which I put over 100,000 miles on it before gifting it to my sister who put an additional 100,000 miles on it. I was so pleased with my Honda, that I purchased a new 2005 Honda Accord which I gave to my son for his graduation. I purchased the third Honda Accord in 2008 which I gave to my daughter in 2013. All services for all vehicles were performed through Conicelli Honda, previously known as Sport Honda. I never had an issue with them or Honda until this week. I reside in Pennsylvania and my daughter moved to Chicago after graduating from college at Northwestern University. She continued maintenance services with Castle Honda and Grossinger Honda while living in Chicago per my recommendation to always have it serviced through Honda.

My daughter was leaving work and the car made a rattle noise and then stalled and locked up when she approached a stop sign. She called me in a panic and after explaining to me what happened I advised her not to drive it and recommended that she have it towed to the dealership. She said that there was no engine indicator light on and neither was the oil lamp so she had no warning that there was an issue other than the car stalling on her and locking up. I advised her to get a hotel room since it was already midnight by the time the tow truck driver arrived. The next day the technician at Grossing Honda advised that the engine needed to be overhauled for approximately $3,700.00 or replace the engine for $13,000.00. I thought the technician was highly mistaken since there was only approximately 50,000 miles currently on the car.

I asked what caused the problem and he said there was nothing that my daughter did to cause it but just something that happens when the pistons shift. This explanation did not appear to be normal to me since I have never had any issues such as this before with my other Honda vehicles. Therefore, I decided to do some research and found that American Honda had prior knowledge of a defect and related conditions regarding the engine on the 2008 to 2011 Honda Accord Coupes and Sedans in addition to the 2010 to 2011 CRV SUV's using an excess of oil consumption that lead to carbon deposits on the piston rings, which eventually reduced the ring's effectiveness allowing the oil to seep past. This explained why the technician said there was nothing that my daughter did to cause it nor would she had any indication that there was an issue since she always took it to have the oil changed every 3,000 miles.

Unfortunately, being a loyal customer of Honda for 26 years didn't seem to matter because the dealership nor Honda advised that an extended warranty was issued on these engines to 8 years or 125,000 miles from the original purchase date whichever came first. I purchased this vehicle on June 18, 2008 so the warranty expired a year ago on June 18, 2016. I telephoned American Honda (800) 999-1009 ext. 7 and was assigned a Case No. ** due to my dissatisfaction concerning these repairs and explained that the engine overhaul could have been prevented had Honda conducted an oil consumption test when the vehicle was in for service previously due to the engine light coming on/off. The technician provided me with the diagnostic trouble codes: P0300 and P0339 and informed me that the history on the vehicle did show that it had a history of oil consumption which was never conveyed to my daughter.

Unfortunately, in conveying this to the case manager at American Honda; he was not only reluctant but refused to be understanding or sympathetic and stated that nothing could be done since the warranty expired and that he couldn't offer any resolution to remedy the problem, even knowing that I have been a loyal customer for years. He only asked what I expected him to do about it and ultimately, I was fully taken aback and expected any type of acknowledgement that Honda is at fault for allowing this to happen when they knew of the defect and could have prevented the problem sooner and should have at least offered to lower the labor rate of $148 or offered to reduce the bill since I was being penalized for the low mileage on the vehicle over the years. If there had been more miles on the vehicle sooner, the extended warranty would have covered the cost of the repairs and prevented this from happening.

Now, I do not feel that I can trust the dealerships or Honda and plan to get rid of the vehicle and will never buy another Honda. As a business owner who recognizes the fundamental importance and value of great customer service was surprised that Honda does not share the same values or philosophy. So in the future, I will refrain from recommending anyone to buy a Honda as I have done so frequently over the years and will pursue being an advocate for consumer protection and awareness by educating everyone on this experience and suggest the importance of them conducting their own research on consumer reports to assure they are diligent in finding any potential issues.

The cost of the repairs is not as shocking as the disregard for customer service and customer loyalty. Hopefully, Honda will recognize that each customer and experience is an important one whether good or bad. Being a business owner has allowed me to realize that all experiences may not be perfect but the best way to handle a situation when something goes wrong is to make it right because the rewards of doing so exceeds the negative impact when choose to do nothing.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We bought an HRV 22 months ago. While driving cross country to my daughter's college graduation we stopped in Las Vegas to get something to drink. As we were about to get on the freeway all the lights on the dashboard lit up. Flashing were the words "Check Charging System." We took it to Honda West dealership and they told us to come back tomorrow morning and they would look at the vehicle. The next day they had the vehicle for four hours and still did not know what wrong. We left the vehicle with them and rented a car and drove back home. A month later they said they had everything fixed. They found that rodents had eaten through the cabin air filter and damaged the wiring inside the vehicle.

After getting home with the vehicle I took the cabin air filter out to see how I could keep the rodents out of my vehicle. The dealership put the old filter back into the vehicle. It had two holes in it that were 2-3 inches wide, full of rodent excrement and smelled like urine. I removed the plastic cover between the front hood and the front windshield. About 3 inches below the windshield on the passenger side was a 4 inch by 12 opening going through the firewall into the Ac unit. Below the opening was a 3 1/2 inch wide shelf for the rodents to sit on. I got a piece of hardware cloth with 1/4 openings and four self-tapping sheet metal screws and covered the hole to keep the rodents out.

The cost of repair was about $1.50, the cost from Honda West Dealership for the rodent damage was $ 9,720.10. This is a bad design by Honda, to allow this kind of access for rodents into their vehicle. I understand this is the same design on all of their crossover vehicles. How much money has Honda Corporation made off of this design because of rodent damage?

Original review: July 14, 2017

I bought a 2017 CRV EX. We installed our car seat in the middle back row of the car. The car seat belt buckle and passenger belt buckle were switched, making it unsafe and difficult for the passenger to put on their seat belt. This is surprising to me because I don't think this is a small mistake. It's a safety issue. I called the dealer, Ralph Schomp Honda in Highlands Ranch, where we bought the car, and I was advised to bring it in for a half day inspection. This is already a hassle, to add to that, the dealer also charges $22/day for a loaner car. I feel like I am being hassled for a big mistake that Honda has made. This just doesn't feel right. This is a brand new 2017 car.

I called America Honda and I was told that no one has complained about this. I Googled it and there are others that have complained about this situation. America Honda advised me to bring it into the dealership. Overall, I love the car but I am very disappointed about this big safety mistake from Honda and they are not being proactive to fix the issue. I called American Honda several times and they told me that they can't fix the issue at this time and have done everything according to federal safety regulations. I am very disappointed with American Honda.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I bought my Honda CRV in August 2015. For health reasons, the vehicle was not driven a lot for about a year. Now it has 21,000 miles on it and needs to have the brakes and rotors replaced. I have always owned a Honda and NEVER had to replace brakes, even after four years. This is ridiculous. I am told this is what happens with Honda CRVs (like that makes it ok). I will not buy another CRV when it is a known issue that brake pads wear out so quickly. I heard I will have to replace rear brake pads three times before I ever have to do the front. PISSED.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I recently used the Honda roadside service and wanted to file a complaint. The driver was extremely unprofessional and gives Honda a negative reputation. The driver picked up my vehicle and me. He then proceeds to carry out personal errands while a customer is in the vehicle with him. This included picking up his two kids from summer school and having them sit in the front seat with me and himself and then waiting at his home for his wife to show up and look after them while I am in the tow truck. We finally left for the destination one hour and a half later. I am absolutely appalled by the lack of professionalism from the autoshop and especially from Honda for working with this shop and will be following up on this. Disgusting service from this company.

Original review: June 27, 2017

There has been a recall on the Honda Insight. I had my car repaired before the recall happened. They have offered to reimburse after the recall happened. I sent in all the forms needed to make this happen. I have spoken to Luis at customer service many times. They are now asking for the receipts of the actual parts bought by the garage that fixed my car. That garage is asking for a $75 fee to do this. Honda does not want to pay it. I do not want to spend any more money on this. The repairs are a good $500 less than what Honda quoted to fix it. I feel they are doing this to drag it out. In hopes that I will not pursue the refund. I am disappointed that I have been given the runaround. This is a defect on the car which I had fixed for less than what they would have paid. They should pay the $75 fee to get receipts.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Leasing 2014 Honda Accord Sport. Less than 36 mos, under 17K miles and the paint is peeling around the rear window. Honda says that is NOT covered under their warranty. Honda has a long history of paint peeling all over their cars and, actually, had a class action suit against them for earlier cars (up to 2013, figures). Paint should not be peeling like this.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I have put new rotors, brakes, and calipers two years in a row. Ridiculous!!! When I call they just say "We will fix and a huge charge." There is a defect in this car. I'm not the only one who has complained.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I have purchased about 10 Honda vehicles in the past 15 years, 4 of which have been Honda Ridgelines. I haven't had any issues with any of them, until now. My current 2017 Ridgeline came with a toxic odor in the in-bed trunk. Every time you open the trunk, the smell comes pouring out. Anything you put in the trunk comes out smelling of the chemical. I have tried cleaning it out numerous times and even brought it to the dealership, where they tried to get rid of the smell three times. Nothing works. When I called American Honda, they stated that all of the 2017 Honda Ridgelines have the smell - the smell is from an epoxy they use to seal the trunk and there is nothing you can do to get rid of it, other than waiting for it to fade away. I have been waiting for seven months, and the smell is as strong as ever. American Honda refuses to do anything about it. Seems like they did not learn anything from the Takata airbag disaster.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I purchased my 2007 Fit in March of 2007 and have loved every drive in it. Since purchasing my car, I've had 2 kids and we have taken this on every family trip and survived. After a while it has started to feel cramped, but we manage. I've decided to upgrade to a better car, but I could drive this thousands more miles and not have an issue... It is a sound vehicle. Perfect for a young driver. That being said, a word of caution: this is a small car. If in a high volume trucking area or high traffic area, you need to be aware of cars around you, as they may not see you. I've had 2 accidents where people ran into me bc they didn't see my parked car. So, if looking at cars for an inexperienced driver, you may want to look at something higher and/or longer.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Here Maps provide updates to Honda & Acura Navigation system. They knowingly sell DVD map updates that may cause permanent damage the Honda and Acura navigation systems without offering a disclaimer. On June 7, 2017 I purchased the 2017 Honda White DVD to update the navigation system in my 2007 Honda Accord. I followed all instructions listed inside the case. At first the system appeared to be updating. A few minutes later, I received a read disc error on my navigation screen. I contacted customer service and was advised to removed the disk. I attempted to remove the disk but it would not eject. I took the car to the Honda dealership and they were also unable to get it to eject.

The next day after the letting the car sit, I was able to eject the 2017 DVD. So I put the old one back in, press eject and it ejected fine. I put it back in so I can just leave the NAVI system the way it was. At first there was a message on the screen that read "System now downloading". After a few minutes it went back to read disk error. So now the original disc can no longer be read. Although Here agree to refund me the $100 I paid for the DVD. Now Honda want to charge me $110 to do diagnostics to my system.

I researched online and see where many other customers have the same issue and some have spent as much as $4000 resolving this issue. Here refers me to Honda and vice versa. I advised the last rep I spoke with at HERE that they should at least offer a disclaimer that states "Beware this update may destroy your system". She agreed and said she will make that suggestion so future customers won't continue to experience this issue. Honda and Here are aware of the problem yet they continue to sell these DVD updates and customer is responsible for the damages associated with the update. This isn't fair and they should be held responsible for the money people spend to pay for the updates and the damages associated with the update. Can you please assist me this?

Original review: June 3, 2017

I have a 2010 Honda Accord 4cl and have over 99,000 miles on it. I have brought my car in and also called the Dover, NH location. My car is using more than the 5qt. oil amount when I get my oil changed. Your employee's response, I could pay for an oil change and maybe be reimbursed; However, if it is more than a quart over a 1,000 miles they won't pay for it. So, basically Honda is aware of the problem and is bullying customers! There is a recall and an extended warranty. I showed them the paper I received from Honda about the piston's sticking etc. My car is starting to make a noise also when it starts as well. I need it fixed. No one should have to go back several times to have an issue fixed. Just like the airbags! People are dying and your company should be fixing these issues. I have been very nice and patient. Your employees, NOT!!!

Original review: May 24, 2017

My 2008 Honda Civic LX have a 10 years Rust Proof warranty. I brought it back every year for rust inspection and touch up, now I found out they never did a single thing to touch up. As when I took my car to Canadian Tire to change 4 new tires, when they finished, they said I should take some pictures and show it to Honda. The underside of the car is all rust, he said when you touch it, it is bone dry, they never put anything or do any touch up. I called the manager of Honda, he said unless there is a hole, they do not do anything, so I said, it said touch up as necessary, so what the heck? Then he said when I bring in the car for transmission fluid change next week, he will look at it with me together. I took 6 pictures of all the rust underside. So disappointed with them, if they are not doing any touch up, what do they mean by 10 years rust proof warranty. It is just a complete ripoff.

Honda Company Information

www.honda.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use