3.6/5 (2198 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 24, 2022

Every Honda car I've had/driven takes 40 years and a massive migraine just to hook up a functional Bluetooth (if that). You'd think with technology growing they could get with the times but no. They think since the car runs that's all they need. Then they think they're smart with stupid safety features like not being able to link up while driving. I have a passenger trying to connect and I can't even do that?! It's none of your business to tell, me what I can and can't do driving, especially when you can't even figure out a decent operating system. Would not recommend. Find yourself a Toyota or something.

Original review: April 17, 2022

My 2021 6,400 miles, good warranty has computer shutting down & transmission leak. Dangerous, will not fix. Only willing to offer trade. Nat. & local dealership. Scam. They need to be stopped before someone dies.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I purchased a used Honda vehicle, 2014 model, in great condition. After paying 19K for this vehicle, after the first month of owning this vehicle the paint start peeling off the trunk door (Honda Odyssey), and around the door frames. After doing some research I found out that there was a defect with the paint used on Honda Odysseys for the year of my vehicle. Honda knew about this defect and so extended their warranty for 7 years, great. However, for those of us purchasing a vehicle used because we can't afford to purchase new, we don't find out about FACTORY DEFECTS until after the crap hits the fan.

I called Honda's customer service line and was rejected, I asked to be sent to mediation. They told me I would hear back in 3-5 days but after a month I heard nothing. I called back, they told me I would hear back by the end of the day, nothing again. I called the following day and was told I'd hear back, nothing AGAIN. Another week goes by and I call AGAIN, and finally reach somebody who tells me that I made the choice to buy used and out of warranty so I'm out of luck, despite the now compromised frame and body of my vehicle, and the structural damage that will occur (hello safety concern when the frame of my vehicle rusts to ** because of a defect Honda knows about but doesn't care to handle).

This customer service experience has been HORRIBLE, and what makes it worse is the Honda KNOWS they produced and mass sold a vehicle with faulty paint, and its those of us who have to purchased used, not able to afford new, who have to incur the further financial hit to try to fix this issue. Just over one month I had this car, meticulously taken care of, mint condition, not owner neglect, but rather Honda neglect, and this multimillion-dollar company refuses to fix the problem they created. Good one.

Original review: March 31, 2022

1. The dealer is charging the credit/debit card fee from the customer due to which I personally had to compromise on my home loan emi and the credit score and the query resolution dept says that it can't do anything about this. 2. The dealer isn't providing the temp reg. no. and once again the query resolution team says that it's ok.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I went into Honda of Burlington here in Washington and was coming in to pay off my 2021 Honda Accord and was persuaded to purchase another vehicle of lesser quality. Within 24 hours of the purchase I regretted this decision because the car was not of equal quality to the car I had drove in there. The general manager called me to tell me she would not give me my original car back.

Again it had not even been 24 hours and I had been calling all morning trying to reach someone in management but they were all in meetings. I just wanted my car back and they refused! Not only was this emotionally damaging but the general manager said she could tell I was upset because I was crying and she said "I can tell you're upset so I will let you go" after telling me I couldn't have my car back and me begging to get it back. She was absolutely horrible! She did not need to be rude as I never once raised my voice or anything. I simply begged to have my car back. She said no! Have a good day and hung up.

I have always supported Honda and am very devastated that this is how they do business! I would not recommended them to anyone! How could you do that to someone? They simply got the better end of the deal and would not give me my car back and also told me to just take and trade the car of lesser quality if I didn't like it. I'm done with Honda!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I recently had the misfortune of purchasing a car (2018 Honda Fit) with Honda Sensing enabled. Within a week, I discovered that the sensors are so flaky as to render the car unsafe to drive - while I was unable to trigger them at all during the test drive (as they sometimes fail to detect anything), the opposite problem (seeing something that isn't there) is where the car becomes unsafe. 3 times in 60 miles of highway driving, the car applied maximum brakes without warning. The road in front of me was clear for several miles (and thankfully also clear behind me), but it always triggered as I was just about to finish passing another car. This compounded the risk of brake checking - had someone been behind me, they absolutely would have rear-ended me, as they would have had no place to go to dodge my vehicle, and absolutely no way to anticipate my car applying the brakes at maximum for several seconds.

The dealership inspected the sensors and assured me they were performing "to spec" - this was not an issue with a faulty or malfunctioning sensor, *this is the way Honda Sensing is designed to work*. Further searching has turned up 3 class action lawsuits and hundreds of similar stories, with Honda dismissing all of them with the hilarious "it's a complicated system, you can't expect it to be perfect". I'm sure Ford would have loved to have that slogan when they were dealing with the Pinto. Honda, when it comes to the *brakes on a car*, yes, you do need to be perfect, or you need to leave them alone. It's worth noting that Consumer Reports ranks Honda dead last in its evaluation of these emergency braking systems.

Further compounding the situation, there is no way to permanently disable this system. I would strongly recommend that no one buy a car with this "feature", think twice before riding in a newer Honda, and be aware of their potentially erratic performance if you see one on the road - frankly these cars are a danger to others as much as to themselves.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

My parts are on critical back order for repairs for my brand new 2021 CRV. My car has been in the shop since October and Honda has yet to reimburse my car payment or call me back regarding a loaner!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a new, 2022 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition just a little over two weeks ago. When my vehicle was less than two weeks old, with under 500kms it began throwing warning lights. The awd stopped working and my heater shut down entirely (in minus 30 weather). I was getting a total of eight different warning lights and I couldn't move my electric seats to be able to drive safely. Once I got my vehicle home it would no longer start. I figured no big deal, my vehicle hasn't even gone through its first tank of gas, Honda has a great reputation and will take care of me.

I have never been so wrong about a manufacturer and have never felt so unappreciated as a customer. It took days to even get my vehicle towed. I've now spent the past five days on the phone talking with over a dozen different people. Every person I spoke with said it was a different department or person's responsibility. Literally just passing the buck back and forth between Honda Customer Relations, Honda Roadside Assistance and the dealership. I even had my call "dropped" at one point.

After being juggled around for days I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor at Honda Customer Relations. Customer relations told me that supervisors don't speak on the phone with customers. I thought I must have misheard what I was being told. I can buy a forty dollar watch from China and get a supervisor on the phone but not for a new vehicle? I spent 60k on a vehicle two weeks ago (though I haven't actually been able to drive it for nearly half the duration of ownership) and Honda Canada doesn't even value me enough as a customer to allow me to speak to someone above the person answering the phone. I was told the only way I would be able to speak to a supervisor is if I was injured or if my vehicle injured someone else. They're lucky that I was able to pilot my heater less vehicle from a near laying position back to my house without injuring someone.

I however, was not so lucky, as apparently an accident is the only way that you rate high enough to speak to someone with an answer other than we don't take care of that or it's someone else's responsibility. That's what it ultimately comes down to...caring. Honda obviously no longer cares if its customers are safe or remotely satisfied. My vehicle is sitting at the dealership 170kms away from my home, after it broke down due to no fault of my own. Not my fault but my problem. Honda's suggestion was either rent a vehicle on my dollar or talk to my insurance company about getting a rental.

Honda Canada, as you have made blatantly clear at this point, your (technically my, though I don't actually have possession) malfunctioning, unsafe vehicle has become solely my problem after I signed on the dotted line. I however, will never buy another Honda and I will let everyone who will hear it know that Honda no longer stands behind their product and definitely not their customer. This has been unequivocally the worst buying experience I've had to date. I'm sitting here in utter disbelief, sick to my stomach trying to figure out how to get my new vehicle back home.

I recommend that if you're shopping for a new vehicle that you don't just assume that Honda still stands for reliability and customer service as I had. Look into the customer complaints, class action lawsuits and you'll likely figure out that Honda has adopted the money first, customer last stance that so many manufacturers are moving towards.

Let my expensive mistake guide you away from a company that no longer embodies what used to be synonymous with Honda...Trust. You'll pay the Honda premium, they'll pocket your dollars, take your trust, crumple it up and toss it along side you into the trash. I may not speak for all your customers but I think all those you've tossed aside would agree...We aren't asking for better.. we're demanding it!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a 2022 Honda HRV from Honda dealership, Carbone Honda, who sold to LED. My car stalled a couple times and salesperson said it was the energy saving feature, not really stalling. I had aftermarket car starter installed. Then car became difficult to start and stopped while driving on highway. They blamed the car starter and charged me to remove it and restore to factory. On my way home it shut off again. They then determined the washer holding the main ground wire was not staying locked and replaced it. Told me it wasn’t the car starter. I’m out $550 for car starter and removal of it. I’m afraid to put it back in because any issue will be blamed on it.

I’m being bullied into buying their product. They refuse to return my money and I drove the car unsafely for a couple of months. I was basically called a liar by the Service Manager 12/17/21. Offered to discount factory car starter to $650 + tax and $100 loyalty card if I met the Honda Rep and signed a release. Honda Corp has an open case but always tell me that all they can do is talk to dealership. Whenever you call dealership no one answers, was told they had no receptionist in Service so they answer when they are not busy. I will never buy from Honda again!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The Honda brand is been a long time reliable ride for my family. I have 4 Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, Honda CR-V. Most reliable ride over all handling Power Ride and Maintenance Safety Features Radial Tires Engine Design for power to haul 8 people for family members with kids for school rides soccers playground and other Various track and field’s events as well for Going to the Beach and Family Vacations to Florida Disney Land etc.

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team