Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (884 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

This is my second Honda and I WILL NEVER purchase a Honda again. I was in an accident that was not my fault May 1st. They have been pushing my one part on backorder a month each time. First they said June. Then July. Then August. Then September. And now October. They will not assist with a rental. They won't help whatsoever! I will tell anyone that asks to never purchase from Honda!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

2019 HRV Have been happy with it. Infotainment center has always given me a problem. When turning on right blinker Apple car play turns off. Using steering wheel to change display doesn’t work. Constantly lost signal in middle of driving for no reason. Brought in more than once to fix it and all they did was reset it which only made me have to reset stations. Now nothing works on the system. They have no idea how long it will take to get entire audio system back in stock. So now The car I bought to have Apple Car play and maps does nothing. Can’t use phone charger. Can’t use Bluetooth. Nothing but a blinking H for who knows how long.

I feel like I have not a full car. Finally ready to go on road trip and the things I bought for safer trips and doesn’t work. Bought the touring for all the infotainment and now have nothing. Paid for infotainment and now have nothing with no end in sight. Would not buy again because of this. Would sell now but wouldn’t get moneys worth because of it. 2019 HRV not worth it if you want a working radio or car charger or map.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I purchased my 2021 Honda Accord on June 19, 2021 and on June 21, 2021 my transmission went out after 200 miles! I took it into a Honda dealership and was told they would need to replace the transmission, which I was not happy about having a service record on my brand new Honda! I called Honda's customer service on June 22 and let them know the situation and they created a case. I have yet to receive a call back after countless follow ups and voicemails to my case worker! I created a new case on July 14 due to the lack of response and I just received a follow up today 8/5. I have always enjoyed my Honda's but this poor experience has me looking at Toyota going forward. One thing I will not stand for is poor communication and customer service. My case workers voicemail says it may take up to 14 days to respond and that was 45 days ago. Ridiculous!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Dealer says not willing to help due to miles and age?? Since when are Honda’s good for 138,000 miles? That not what I bought it for. I expected at least 200K. I thought they stood for reliability, durability, longevity. Clearly they don’t believe in their own product. We’re Done never another one. Nor can I in good conscience recommend them or their vehicle!!!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I requested for product issue with my Honda Odyssey 2008. I was declined just because the product issue later to service 13-081 bulletin period. This is unfair and no goodwill view to address customer concerns who went thru pain.

Original review: June 28, 2021

The Honda Service crew on 5244 Dixie Hwy, Louisville KY, 40216, has decided that they don't want to serve my car because I am unattractive in their eyes. They take out their hatred for me out on my car.

Original review: June 22, 2021

3 years ago I bought a used Honda Civic from Honda of Seattle. I am the 2nd owner of the car, it had a clean Carfax, and low miles, 36100 when I bought it. So, for a car like this, I paid a high price, about $12000 after finishing paying my car loan. I recently noticed a coolant leak under my car and a couple of days later I brought it in to Honda of Bellevue for an inspection. A day later they told me that my engine block is cracked and forgot to mention that this is in fact a manufacturer defect, that HONDA admitted and for several times increased the warranty up to 10 years. They insulted me, offering me a $300 cash for the car, or to repair it for about $10000 just for labor - engine not included!

I contacted Honda corporation and both dealerships here in Seattle area, they are all trying to wash their hands and not admitting to the fact that this is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT! They said, that they don't have maintenance history since I bought it. I bought this car in good faith, from a reputable dealership, thinking that it will serve me for many years if I treat it well, change oil and filters in time, which I DID! But I don't think it's my fault they tried to cut corners to make the car cheaper and then realized that they messed up.

All 2006 to 2009 Civics are in the position to have this issues at one point. For me it happened at 65k miles for others at 19k. Whatever the mileage, it will ALWAYS BE a MANUFACTURER DEFECT and HONDA should have the decency to warranty every person that bought this car, regardless of mileage and not just for 10 years. So, next time you're thinking to go to a Honda Dealership, to buy a car, thinking they are there for their clients...think twice. They are there to sell you a car, not to support you when you have a problem with it. I'm very disappointed in HONDA's dealership dismissing attitude and lack of care in giving their clients the support they need when needed!

Original review: April 18, 2021

Honda are terrible at repairing their vehicles for used cars “beware they can replace a secret computer on their cars and changed their information between yours and the used products. So they would need to use a new computer for 2019 and older SUV.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I called Honda Care from sticker in window. Roadside service. They got my money, never dispatched anyone to unlock my car. No callback. No confirmation. I was able to find a local officer in Florida to contact local locksmith. Within 5 min my car was unlocked. I was in route with a 7 year old, phone locked in car. Absolutely do not depend on Honda Roadside.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Well let me start by saying Honda has been my go-to for many years, 14 Honda automobiles, 10 Honda motorcycles, 6 pieces of Honda outdoor power equipment. I must say though the last 2006 Honda Civic that I purchased with 64K miles has bittered me after having to put a motor in this car for a problem that Honda knew they had but refused to stand behind it. After some minor research I have discovered Honda had a major engine block casting problem between 2006-2009 in the civics. I think a recall would have been a better choice for Honda owners rather than a lousy extended warranty period.

Honda informed me that I was just out of luck, after all the car does have 64K miles. How much more were you expecting? It was very misfortunate for me as I bought the car privately. What was even sadder is that I am really convinced that the people who sold me this car knew there was a problem, they possibly received the same great customer service from Honda that I did. VERY POOR HONDA MOTOR COMPANY. THE SAYING GOES ONE UPSET CUSTOMER GOES FURTHER THAN ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team