2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I was raised in a Ford family and we rode Honda bikes and three-wheelers because my dad, who was a mechanic until he became a fireman, drove Fords and rode Honda motorcycles. It's all I knew as a kid and years later, after I got married my husband - who raced motocross on a Mako - bought me a Honda ATC. I loved that ride and was completely confident in its safety. So confident that I had no qualms about riding with my toddler son seated in front of me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I have a stock Honda Ruckus. It is a 49cc work horse. From ripping down to the store for beer to loading up the deck with firewood, and driving it into my backyard. I don't think it can be beat! I weigh 175lb and can hit 40mph. It may not be the fastest on the road but it does get the respect of the road. I run premium gas and keep the oil change and any other maintenance up to date. The only con, it does not like to start in the colder months. I was offer a trade for a 125 Kawasaki, NOT A CHANCE!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I've been on Hondas since the late 60's, dirt, trail & blacktop versions. I've had other brands (primarily cruisers), but have been disappointed and have returned home to Honda. After playing in the dirt during my youth I graduated finally to the Wings. Got my first Wing in 1984 right out of the crate. Put over 250K on her and traded her in on a shiny new SEI in 1986. Kept the SEI in pristine condition until a moving company broke her during a military move & purchased a '95 anniversary edition, which I still have today. I've had hog riders tell me she isn't a "real" bike and I've told them that they are correct - she's a Cadillac convertible on 2 wheels.

Unlike an ultra glide I can be on her with my wife, all day long and at the end of a long day of 400+ miles I can still walk. Three cruisers, all with over 200K miles doing nothing more than typical scheduled maintenance or replacing small parts e.g., tires, brake pads etc. I've known several people that have well over a half-million miles on Wings and are still going strong - figure out how many V-twins you'd go through in that many miles. I've been thinking of trading in the '95 for another new bike, but really do Not like the most recent version of the Wing. I've been on the BMW cruiser and I've got to admit, it really has me thinking of changing. Thirty-five years of loyalty with Wings is hard to shake, but they (Honda) seem intent on taking one of their best lines (Goldwing) and making it into another sports bike. Buy a good used one if you can find one, you'll be very happy you did.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Owned a Harley full dresser for many years. It was fun to ride but maintenance was a bear, constantly repairing, tightening bolts, hard starting so finally parked it and bought a Honda. Rode the Honda for several years then parked it for lengthy time. Eventually pulled it out of the corner, charged the battery, put fuel in it and it took off on the second try. Very little maintenance needed and more than got my money's worth out of it. Eventually sold it moved to the mountains and took up riding horses.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I love Honda. I been riding on them since I was a teenager. I'm a lot older now and have rode different models. All are great. I have a lot of friends that ride Harleys and I love them too but My hondas are reliable. I ride mine alongside my Harley riders and go on toy runs, poker runs etc and Yes I'm cruising along on my golden wing. Love it. Comfort and never ever has it left me on the side of the road or never broke down. My harley rider buddies can't steal that? Lol. Just Saying!

Original review: April 18, 2021

Honda are terrible at repairing their vehicles for used cars “beware they can replace a secret computer on their cars and changed their information between yours and the used products. So they would need to use a new computer for 2019 and older SUV.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I called Honda Care from sticker in window. Roadside service. They got my money, never dispatched anyone to unlock my car. No callback. No confirmation. I was able to find a local officer in Florida to contact local locksmith. Within 5 min my car was unlocked. I was in route with a 7 year old, phone locked in car. Absolutely do not depend on Honda Roadside.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Well let me start by saying Honda has been my go-to for many years, 14 Honda automobiles, 10 Honda motorcycles, 6 pieces of Honda outdoor power equipment. I must say though the last 2006 Honda Civic that I purchased with 64K miles has bittered me after having to put a motor in this car for a problem that Honda knew they had but refused to stand behind it. After some minor research I have discovered Honda had a major engine block casting problem between 2006-2009 in the civics. I think a recall would have been a better choice for Honda owners rather than a lousy extended warranty period.

Honda informed me that I was just out of luck, after all the car does have 64K miles. How much more were you expecting? It was very misfortunate for me as I bought the car privately. What was even sadder is that I am really convinced that the people who sold me this car knew there was a problem, they possibly received the same great customer service from Honda that I did. VERY POOR HONDA MOTOR COMPANY. THE SAYING GOES ONE UPSET CUSTOMER GOES FURTHER THAN ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Original review: April 12, 2021

Honda have good reputation for their vehicles and they last a long time if you keep them in good condition and make sure that you treat your vehicle well and maintain it. They do run well for the Honda vehicles and the company has been around a long time for the vehicles.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Now I'm officially freaked out. I bought a 2021 new HR-V from Huntington Honda (NY) and I’m discovering this new car with all this rust. I showed it to two local mechanics who are shocked and confused as to why there is rust underneath the steering column. I also noted the rust underneath my 31-day old 2021 Honda HR-V. Is this normal? And is there missing insulation in the photo next to the steering column? Is that maybe why these models make a horrible annoying noise when driving 35 plus miles an hour? I’m talking about a piercing whistling noise whenever I crack open a window or moon roof, which according to Huntington Honda, the noise appeared in 2 other 2021 HR-Vs they test drove, and I’m supposed to live with this as if it’s normal.

There’s video of this whistling issue in YouTube regarding a 2018 HR-V. In the comments for that video, you’ll see many other Honda HR-V owners complain about the same issue. Did I buy a lemon? Does Honda make bad cars or does Huntington just sell a batch of badly built Hondas. I'm wondering if the 0% APR was just a ploy so they could get rid of defectively built cars. I bought this new HRV because I wanted a safe vehicle for my family. The purchase was supposed to be such a joyous thing. What a mistake! My entire family is flipping out! What the hell else is wrong w this car?

Anyone experiencing this with the new Hondas or cars from Huntington Honda? Would I have had a better luck at a different Honda dealer? Should I have bought a Toyota, Nissan, or Hyundai? I'm super stressed about how much I spent on this car, and no one from the dealer is calling me back, responding timely or willing to help me resolve this. BTW, here's the YouTube video of the horrible noise that these Hondas are making. **

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team