2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Honda Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2020

Just bought a 2020 Honda Rtl Rideline. Love everything about it except there is a whistling wind noise coming in from the front windshield and door almost like your window is not closed all the way. Honda kept the vehicle for 3 days and could not find the problem. Contacted the area case manager and his answer was that there is nothing they could do because that is how the vehicle is made. Just because that is how the vehicle is made doesn't make it right. There is definitely a defect that is causing the noise to come into the vehicle while driving on the highway.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The Honda Acura is ergonomically superior to other vehicles I have owned. It is very user friendly in its location of buttons for cruise control, lights, and dashboard. Comfy and roomy seats. Gas consumption is very satisfactory. Great pick up and braking. It is a very reliable vehicle and have had no major repairs needed.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My family and I have owned several Hondas. I have only had minor issues with my Honda. I have never had to put a lot of money in it to fix it. These cars just seem to last a lot of years and miles. I've had other vehicles that didn't last as long as my Hondas. In all they are very good vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was not a Honda person until I started researching them and found that everyone who had one had none to rarely any problems with them. In addition to their reliability, their fuel economy is very good and they hold their value if maintained and taken care of. There are vehicles that are more comfortable but if they are sitting in a repair shop draining your bank account and are unreliable as transportation offsets the difference in comfort. I have owned many new vehicles and the most expensive one (a Cadillac STS) is the worst ever for reliability and our Honda CRV has been the best with ZERO problems ever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Honda is a great car, but it lags behind many other SUVs in the area of safety. My 2019 has some safety features but they are unpredictable and touchy. I am reluctant to use them, for example, the speed control does not pickup the car in front of you until very late, scary! It also does not have pedestrians detection in front.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 31, 2020

I was a Honda owner for over 20 years and always liked Honda. Generally they are good cars, but if you do have an issue, the customer service is the absolute worst. I have proof of trying to call customer service many times with no return call. It’s impossible to get a number for someone “higher up”. So I tried emailing and again can prove that not one person would respond to my emails. My email got the automatic response that someone would be in touch within 48 business hours, but I never heard back from anyone from Honda, despite trying to call and email every 2 months. I finally gave up, bought a Mazda, and never looked back.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I bought a 2011 Pilot Brand new and right now it has only 44,000 miles. I keep having problems with engine light blinking plus VSA on at the same time. I called Honda and they will not fix it because it is no longer under warranty.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I bought a brand new 2013 Honda CRV in Feb. 2013. I have spent a total of $11943.74 to date on my vehicle in just 7 years. That’s an average of $1706.25 annually. That’s got to be wayyyy above average. There are 255,000kms on the vehicle, mostly all highway. This doesn’t include cost for tires over that 7 years. Most of this has also been at the dealership; most people tend to agree that that’s my problem; stay away from the dealers, they say. I highly doubt I’ll buy another Honda.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

1. Only had car 3 months

2. Warning sensors in complete failure intermittently. Dealership cannot find problem.

3. Complete AC system ($3,000 job) had to be replaced after 4k miles.

Cannot imagine what this car will be like after 3 years/36k miles...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

My issue is my 2013 Honda CRV I financed 3years ago. Vehicle has been stalling and throwing all kinds of codes out there. Almost put 2000 into it just getting it towed. Car stalled in middle of busy street, I almost got hit. I took it to my local PEP Boys and they did 500 worth of work to it, stopped the next day. I took it back to pep boys and they kept it for 3days. And said they didn't have technology to fix what was wrong with it. I got it towed to my dealership where I financed and the symptoms got worse. More codes, misfires, spluttering, stalling, shaking. Hill-Kelly Dodge my dealer said to have it towed to my manufacturer which is Honda. My vehicle has been there for days, the advisor called day2 and said all it needed was gas. I said, "Really I keep gas in my car." She also said it was driving good. I refused to pick up. I told her this has been going on for years. She kept it and said they would just run it and see if anything happens.

Eventually it did. It started throwing codes again and misfiring. So she said they would work on it and hopefully see what they could find. I called honda corporation and email twice. Representatives were horrible. Its was, "What do you want us to do about this problem." I said, "Your company made the car. This is a big safety issue." The representative just started talking about random stuff. I was very dissatisfied with the customer service there. I really wanna get a case started against this company. I will never buy another honda vehicle about this.

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team