2.67/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 16, 2018

844 Honda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2018

Owner of Honda Pilot 2012. Performed all required service maintenance outside Honda service (used Valvoline). I have all the service records. At 99,000 miles service engine light came up. Looked at the code of multiple cylinder misfire and it matched Technical Bulletin Service A13-082. Called Honda customer service and they recommended to bring in the truck for service. I brought the truck to Honda of Hackettstown NJ and they were very helpful and suggested to perform a preventive timing belt replacement of which I agreed and paid $950.

After about four months my engine ceased. (A cylinder connecting rod went thru the block). Brought back the truck to Honda of Hackettstown, NJ and they have no explanation. They contacted Valvoline who performed the last oil change and Valvoline came on site to inspect with the Honda serviceman. Both groups agreed that the service was properly done. This bring me back to the technical bulletin service performed 4 month ago. The dealership and Honda customer service are saying that they cannot help me since the damage was not caused by the work done. I beg to disagree since connecting rods were listed as parts replaced on the invoice.

I asked Honda customer service to investigate further and I was denied. This is a vehicle that I leased and then financed because of its reliability. My confidence in Honda has been seriously shaken. I was considering purchasing two new Honda vehicles and trade my Pilot. Now Its looks like Honda does not care about its vehicle reliability issues. This is something I never expected from Honda.

Updated on 05/17/2018: Pilot 2012 engine dead after preventive maintenance - This is a follow up to the previous case listed on May 16 2018. Received a voicemail from American Honda Motors at 11:02AM May 16 from 888 234-2138. They said that my case was now assigned to a new case manager and that someone will be calling. No one called. It's now May 17th at 1:30pm. I called Honda customer service and they told me that my case was closed and that no one called me from their department. So I played back the voicemail message left on my cell. The customer service rep insisted it was not them and that my case was closed. However they documented what happened. Honda customer support! I'm very disappointed!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Contacting CS and speaking with incompetent individuals is apparently the norm for this company. I have been waiting at least 7 days to receive a call back from a Supervisor. This is unacceptable. This is my 3rd Honda Accord and the rate they're going I doubt if there will be a 4th!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Aside from the styling which makes the 2007 Honda Ridgeline not look like a pickup truck, it has been trouble free and reliable. The two way tailgate is very handy. Cannot get any better!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought a 2018 Honda Accord Touring trim (nearly $40K car). Have had 7 different failures so far (defective paint, electronics failures, parts falling off car door seals, wheel well lining, etc). Honda's answer is to keep taking the vehicle in for service. It's only 3 months old with 6500 miles, and it's constantly breaking. In spite of the obvious fact that I have a lemon/dud, Honda will NOT replace the vehicle. My dealer's answer outside of keep bringing it in for service was for me to sell my car back to them at a loss, and they'd work me a deal on a new car.

GARBAGE quality from Honda. Even worse they don't want to stand behind their product. I've been working with Leo at Honda's customer care, and he said there's nobody I can escalate to, but he'd discuss this internally with the distributor (?) who "generally does not talk to the customer". At this point I am in the process of yet more repairs, but a new car experience should NEVER be like this.

I've owned Honda cars my whole life, and have had an 83, 87, 2000, 2005 Accord, as well as a 2005 and a 2006 Odyssey. My 2005 Accord was a nightmare, but that was due to a 3rd party, aftermarket hack job from the dealer, so I cannot state that was a Honda issue. Now I have a 2018 Accord, and outside of some miracle response from Honda to make this right, it will be my last Honda EVER!!

To be specific, here's a list of my issues so far in my first 3 months/6500 miles on the car:
1. Paint defect on side of car in front of passenger door
2. Paint defect on roof of car

3. Failed backup camera/console unit

4. Weather stripping literally falling off passenger's back door
5. Wheel well came loose and is resting on the tire while driving (part is in back order)
6. Bottom weather stripping loose, and sticking outside of rear passengers door

7. Intermittent charging working/not working on wireless cell phone charging pad (iPhone X)

NOTE: When the dealer looked into the paint on the roof, they first wanted me to file a claim with Cameron (additional paint protection/warranty product I bought), and there was a small elbow sized dent in the corner of the roof after they looked at it which I had to speak with the service manager about to get fixed. They did fix it, but didn't initially want to take ownership of it. Seriously, Honda? I've Never spent so much money to only live to regret the purchase and get such a careless response from the manufacture of such a clear quality issue with YOUR product. If you are thinking of buying a Honda, buyer beware, and know that Honda will do nothing more than keep sending you in for repairs time and time again. I fear I'm reaching the point that the lawyers will have to battle this one out.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Loved my 17 Ridgeline until I used it to tow a camper within Honda’s guidelines. Had transmission failure at 17k repaired under warranty. Same problem 35 mi later. Got rid of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I love the performance of the Honda Pilot. But the paint rear bumper is wearing off after only 1.5 years. Also, there's some electronic problem as one of the rear windows does not lock correctly with the key.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We love this car (Honda HRV 2016) but this is the first model of the HRV and it rattles considerably on the doors as well as the driver odometer panel. We have taken it in to be serviced twice but no one can seem to fix it. I also think it’s a little noisy and the windows seem loose when they are lower than a quarter of an inch down. But we are planning to lease a new one which we have test driven. I think those bugs have been worked out. It’s a perfect car for a small family like ours!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I own a 2010 Honda Fit. I love this car. It still gets great gas mileage. The 2 main reasons I bought it 8 years ago were the gas mileage & the extra room in the back when you put the back seats down. Can haul a lot of stuff. It handles well and I'm hoping I can get a lot more years on it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am very pleased with my new Honda Clarity. I am still learning its features and sometimes feel stymied. The range is terrific, it charges in 2.5 hours and it handles very well.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The Honda Ridgeline is a perfect midsize vehicle if you want the convenience of 4 doors and the ability to haul stuff without needing a big work truck. Has a wonderful ride. Front seats are very comfortable and fit and finish are great.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I service my Honda Pilot regularly, and it never fails. It is sturdy, does not show much age, and drives like a dream. When it gets older and is no longer feasible to repair, I will buy another Honda. But I do not like the design of the new Pilots. They look too much like a van so I probably will not buy another Pilot.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We were just returning home when the side curtain airbags on our 2015 Honda Fit deployed without reason or warning. Our car was totaled. Honda has done nothing about it all. They did offer to inspect car and run diagnostics on it but said we would have to pay for it until after the insurance already had the car. We have a police report that says the loss of the car was due to airbag malfunction. Honda says it's not proof. We also have pictures. They saw them too. I paid for an extra warranty on the car but Honda says it's no good because it's only a service warranty. Honda claims I refused their services but at first they were not free. I did refuse to pay for them.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Honda Ridgeline - it is easy to get into. It works wonderfully as a car or truck, the back seat raises to allow access to a level floor, which is great for packages. This is the best vehicle that we could own as retirees.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2018 Honda HR-V does what it's designed to do: an economical, thrifty automobile. I've had no problems after 4 months, although I do miss my previous 2007 Accord's styling and performance.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Honda S2000 - It’s a great little convertible that is not high maintenance, but Honda stopped making it. It hugs the road very well and maneuvers great on the road. Honda should definitely bring it back.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I love my Fit, I've used it so much to move and travel. It is comfortable (I'm tall), and great on gas mileage (44 mph highway). Love the way it looks, plenty of room and problem free.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I bought my 2009 Honda Fit new. I searched online for a safe, small, reliable car as I’m a widow. I love this car. It has given me only problem when the fuse box went out this year (2018). The part was ordered and it was a easy fix. I get fantastic gas mileage when I go the exact speed limit and yes there is the road noise but I play the radio and do not notice it. I have hauled lots of things and the back seat goes down and there’s lots of room. The seats are comfortable and adjust easily. I plan on buying another one soon and the one I have will go to my daughter.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We were looking at vehicles to replace 2 we had. We have both retired and really don't need 2 cars. I had purchased a Spyder Eclipse 4 yrs ago which I had hated 1 hr past taking it home and a Nissan. The Honda dealership we were familiar with I had test drove cars there before. We went there after we got a online sale price. They were wonderful to deal with. Answered all our questions. Took both cars as trade-ins. Explained all the bells and whistles of the car to us. I love that it is 4 wheel drive-a crossover from a SUV. The back seats fold down completely. The back doors blend in giving the car an awesome look plus it has the wiper in the back window, cameras in the back and on the right to turn.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The Honda Jazz is extremely comfortable and easy to drive. Some of its features are very good for example the warning if you cross the lane marking. It is very useful that the forward facing camera picks up the speed limit signs and shows them for you. I also like the reversing camera which together with the wing mirrors makes backing up a pleasure.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I love this Honda Pilot because it has plenty of space in the back for people and for things. I got a tow package on it. But the real drawback is the mileage. It is very low.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have a new 2017 Honda Civic. I bought it in Oct. 2017. I have to jump start it every time I drive it, this is the worst Honda I have ever had. I have a 2006 Honda Civic. I bought it new. It's a better car than my new one. I take it to Honda. This just keep telling me its needs a new battery every time. Totally disappointed in Honda. About to park the car outside the dealership with a sign on it in protest. This has gone too far. I shouldn't be required to jump my car every time I want to drive it. Yesterday I woke up. Started it at 12 noon. I started it and then at 1 pm I need to go to the airport and damn car won't start at all. Something's draining the power and Honda does nothing. Sure there's a lemon law in California. Already in contact with a attorney today. Will be the last time I visit this dealership. I've bought 6 new Hondas. This will be the last. I will never give Honda a second thought.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I bought brand new Honda Accord EX-L in 2014 March. It suddenly wouldn't start. Battery was brand new. Had it towed to Honda dealer and they said starter is gone - brushes inside are corroded, which is a component failure, they charged me a lofty $ 750 for this repair. I called Honda and they said they couldn't do anything since this was out of warranty. Don't ever buy a Honda.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Hackers are able to turn on/off audio and change music on my Honda CR-V car. They exploited the built-in GPS navigation system that comes with the car. There is no privacy or safety with your car.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I am the original owner of a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. This car has never had service anywhere other than Honda dealership. Even oil changes. A few weeks ago I took it to have oil change and the recall on the battery sensor. When I got into car prior to service it would not start. The dealership told me that because the battery was involved it would do that. The problem progressively got worse until actually would not start. I took back to dealership and they told me it would cost $700.00 to replace the starter. The car has around 50 K miles on it. After I googled the issue with the recall and bad starter it seems that many other Honda owners are having this problem. I called Honda and the rep said that she has heard of this happening and was surprised but her supervisor stated that it was unrelated to the recall and will do nothing about it. I will never buy another Honda again!!! Very disappointed.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Having owned seven Camry's, I chose the HR-V for its size and parking ability. With one glaring exception, the HR-V is everything and more than I expected. It rides well, is comfortable (I added good sheep-skin seat covers) and gets good mileage. Everything is accessible and well thought-out EXCEPT the horns. The horns are weak and sound like a child's toy with its tinny "Beep, Beep". To replace them you must remove the front bumper/grill and bolt on new ones. Not cheap.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I bought a second hand car from Honda in May last year (2017). This would be my first ever time buying a car. Everything went fine within the sales and I loved this car, which was a Holden Cruze 2014. I didn't have enough money saved and I did not have my apprenticeship long to afford it so I opted for the finance and was told everything about finance through my sales rep. The finance seemed good my circumstance and I went through with it. The finance women I spoke to was Ellie **. I stated my terms to her about the whole thing. She told me it would be a 5 year contract with 1 year fixed. After the 1 year fixed was up I could pay it all out with no interest or added fees. It seemed perfect for me and she went through it a couple of times to me. I felt it was perfect and she was in my corner for the finance.

Something seemed fishy after I noticed I had no car user manual in the car. I called them up a lot and even visited. I never got any word back on the whereabouts of my car manual. Not until Monday (25th March, 2018). I called up again and spoke to a Michael. He followed everything up and ended up ordering me a new book. I then called up my finance, Skyline Car Finance about how much was owing and when my 1 year fixed would end. That's where it went bad because they told me it was a 5 year fixed contract and that I would need to follow up with my dealership. I contacted Ellie who told me there was no such thing as a 1 year and that I would save on interest and there's an early exit fee.

I went in today on a Saturday (31st March, 2018). I collected my book and talked to Ellie. She told me that it was a 5 year fixed from the start and that I misinterpreted it and that I should read my contract. I feel as if I have been sucked into a contract I would never have signed if I knew this. She also told me that heaps of people come in with the same reason I have. So the real question is, how many people is ripping off?

Original review: March 25, 2018

Honda is always famous for their pathetic services. Here first time I contacted them in three years for road assistance that to at Jayanagar, Bangalore which is heart of the city but after two hrs also nobody has turned up yet. They are not ready to share technician’s no. also. They shared the complain no. after one hr from the time of registering the complain. They don’t mind keeping on hold for 20 minutes or more than that. When I asked them to connect with their seniors after keeping me on hold for four minutes executive said they are busy and can’t talk now. Is it really worth to pay them hefty amount and suffer like this for the service where other private players provided it at very low cost and with 30 minutes commitment. Honda’s Services sucks in India.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We bought our van in Oct 2015, it only had 30 some thousand miles on it. Nov 2016 the engine light came on. Long story short we had to replace all 6 spark plugs. It came up misfire codes. The plugs were black and 1 was actually melted. Our mechanic thought that was strange, but replaced them, 500 bucks later. 8 months later, check engine light again... misfire code for cylinder 1 again, spark plugs were just changed not long ago, so we changed out coil packs. 1 month later again with the engine light... but now its misfire and catalyst codes. Ok, maybe coil packs were defective... there should be no problem with the plugs, they are less than a year old. Change out coil packs, reset codes. 3months later engine light again, wth! Ok, so maybe it's just a computer glitch or something, were replaced stuff already. Same codes, reset them and went along with life.

Dec 2017, engine light again, then ABS light and another light, I forget which one, but the 2 are lights that have nothing to do with the engine. Still same codes, misfire and catalyst. Within 2 days the lights all went out. Whatever, just don't have time for crap, and van seemed ok I guess. Then last week, engine light came on, van broke down. Got it to mechanic. Same codes, misfire and catalyst. Plugs are black again. Van has 112k miles on it now. Now my mechanic does some research, because this should not be happening, plus we were low on oil and not due for an oil change yet which we faithfully do. So he finds there was a lawsuit against Honda for the same exact issue going on with my van. For Odyssey up to 2013, well mine's a 2013. So they send it to a Honda dealer.

Dealer puts in vin, no problem just have to make sure the codes stay, take pictures and submit everything to Honda. Done. Get a call today. "Technically" my van is not covered under the extended warranty from the lawsuit. So they offer me a courtesy offer, I pay 60% and they pay 40%. I don't think so! Not only is this the 2nd time my van is going in for this repair, but my catalytic converter is now affected because of it, and they want me to pay 900 bucks! My vin is 1 number off from the lawsuits, but I have the same exact engine as those in the lawsuit and the same problem and Honda thinks they are gonna make me pay for repairs for something that is a known problem.

They tell me they have nothing else to offer me. Prove to me my engine was affected at the time just because my vin is 1 number off, but yet it's the same exact problem that Honda tried to hide before and want me to pay for, well 60% and they pay 40%. Hmmmm???? I made a claim with American Honda, they didn't do crap, and I'm still waiting to hear from the District Manager that told the service guy to offer me the deal. Yeah, I'm not stupid! And I'm at 3 hours later and still haven't heard back from anyone.

Honda already had 1 lawsuit against them for this problem, and they I'm well aware of it but still want to do nothing about it except make me pay over 900 bucks to fix a problem that is apparently a problem Honda has had with many of these engines. Unfortunately we travel a lot, but keep up with the maintenance on our van. Yes it has 112k, but Honda engines are supposed to be really good. They had a problem with this particular engine and now don't want to fix mine on their end.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My husband and I both leased a 2017 CR-V. We were talked into getting the 2017 because of all the bells and whistles. The phone, trunk, door locks and auto start do not work. We brought it in multiple times but still don’t have a resolution. My car has been vandalized several times because even though I lock the door the keys lock/unlock themselves. The Autostart won’t work if it’s too cold or snowing. The phones are always disconnecting or saying no device connected. The trunk does not always work from the key fob and doesn’t always open completely and most times needs to be manually closed which is difficult with the hydraulics.

I would not recommend Honda and would not recommend Fletcher Jones. The customer service has been a part-time job that no one wants to help me with. I am disappointed that I was talked into spending more money for a car with more gadgets and benefits that just don’t work the way they are supposed to. I am also highly disappointed in the lack of customer service or resolutions for our investments.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I just received my 2018 Honda Accord a week ago, drove the car 300 miles and transmission needs to be replaced. Honda corporate wont give me a new car and gave me a bunch of lame excuses. I paid $35000 for a brand new car and don't want a car that is already messed up! Local dealership agrees with me but they are not the decision makers but I have been told by others that the dealership could make this decision and do the right thing for the customer. This is my second Honda car but will certainly be the last one! I will take to every social media site possible to express my extreme displeasure as well as the local TV stations.

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout