Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.05/5

Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

804 Honda Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

Probably the worst I will ever own. It was a 2019 EX-L. Infotainment issues were horrible, very buggy system. Dealership (Brandon Honda) told me it was a known issue and they couldn't fix it. One of the managers told me it was a Honda problem and not theirs. Awesome. Doors never worked right, trapping people inside. Transmission hesitated and jerked like crazy. A very poorly engineered vehicle. I traded it in and got an Accord Sport 2.0T...Can't believe that the same company could do things so differently with their products.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback in November of 2017. Navigation system has not worked correctly from the beginning and other electronic problems have arisen since. I gave them 8 attempts to fix it, with my car being in the shop a total of 67 days. I started the lemon law process and after the final attempt didn't work, I requested them to buy it back. They sent me a letter declining to do so because they tried to fix it in good faith. They offered me a one time $1500 cash settlement for my time and to keep me a "happy customer."

I refused and filed with the state for an arbitration hearing. At the hearing, they tried to say EVERYTHING I did could have caused my problems- had to replace my window from a rock and that new window might be causing an interference, using a Bluetooth headpiece separate from the car might cause an interference, having my phone in the car might be causing an interference, using music on a usb drive could have corrupted files and cause an issue. It was horrible. The arbitrator sided on my side and they were told how much they had to pay me back. They sent me a letter stating in order to repurchase it back, they needed several items of information. I faxed all the information requested over the same day. A week later, I get another letter requesting one piece of the information to be sent again like I hadn't already sent it. I overnighted the entire packet to them again.

Then, I get a letter saying they are happy to comply and someone would be in touch, but when I dropped off the car, I owed THEM more than $6000 from prior debt I had. I refused and a gentleman called me to "explain" why, which made no sense. Then the very next day, I get another letter stating that was in fact exactly how much I owed them and I needed to contact the state if I had any further questions concerning it. The state rep said she even chuckled at that one because there was no way they were going to tell me that was correct since it wasn't what the arbitrator decided. During this time, I left a total of 4 voicemails for the Honda representative, and two emails. None of these messages were ever returned. Last week, I FINALLY received a letter stating they were going to comply with the request at the stated amount and someone would be in touch.

The very next day on Friday, I was in meetings for a total of 4 hours. During that time, I missed 1 call from Honda's repurchasing vendor about scheduling a time on Monday to return the car. I called her back when I got home, and we scheduled for Monday. She verified everything I would need to bring and I asked if I would be receiving my check at this time. She stated there was no check included in my packet. I told her I did not trust honda enough to give back the car without them complying with ALL the decision. The next morning, I get a call from the same rep saying she has the check as it was overnighted to her for me. The same day, I get a nastygram in the mail from Honda stating they had tried to call me, and sent a letter and had proof that I had received it (the same letter I received that stated someone would be in touch regarding scheduling).

The letter continued to state that honda had performed its due diligence in meeting the terms of compliance, but my participation was critical and they were requesting me to extend my full participation in this matter in order to complete the process. (All this because I didn't respond to 1 phone call until 4 hours later, when they have never responded to any of my contact attempts.) The car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow and I can't get rid of it fast enough.

The local dealership has been wonderful (surprisingly for a dealership) and I originally thought about getting another honda because of this reason, but my experience with the actual company has made me swear off Honda for the rest of my life. This was my first and last one and I will take EVERY opportunity to post copies of these stupid letters for others to be aware what this company is really like. I will be posting reviews anywhere possible to warn people NOT to buy a Honda for any reason! Any company that treats its customers with such disrespect is worthless.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My 2019 Honda Civic, brand new 3 weeks ago, has been in the Honda service department 7 times for the same problem. The low tire pressure's warning light goes on after 2 days driving out of the service department. I have been given 7 different explanations & as many attempted repairs... Down to new tires. The problem is still NOT resolved. I bought this car for my teenage daughter because of its purported reliability & safety. The last time it arrived to the shop with a flat tire due to “manufacturing defect”! 1 of the 4 tires was replaced. Today they are saying a 2nd tire needs replacing. Would you allow your teenage daughter to drive this car? I am extremely distressed and she has spent more of her college summer break waiting at the dealer! This situation meets the trifecta of the LEMON LAW criteria. This vehicle is unreliable & downright dangerous.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Hello, I visited Metro Honda service center on 4/8/2019 for regular services. They change oil in my car on 28,503 miles and my current miles is 30,245 so just after I drive 1742 miles my car's oil life is 60% left. Actually when my car was on 30,000 miles that time I found that my car's oil life is now just 60% left. I clearly feels that this service center done something wrong with my car because as per my research I know that Honda Civic 2016 Ex-T model have synthetic oil and that have normally life of 7500 miles. In my car already 40% oil life is finished so I will get oil change soon around at 31,500-32,000 miles (from now after 1500 to 2000 miles).

Every time I go to this service center and they are only the people changing oil in my car when this time I went there that customer service representative asked me that, "Why are you just coming here for oil change and and why tire rotation and other services you are not giving us to do it here." I told them because they are charging too much money and not doing proper services so then customer service representative told me that, "then why do you came here for oil change, go to the another service center who ever is giving you cheaper service," and that time I didn't give him any answer but I feel that this is not the right way to talk with the Honda customer.

I am using Honda car because I have trust on the company. I strongly feels they did something wrong with my car's oil that why 40% of oil life finished too much early and previously I never seen that my oil life reduce this much faster. I am using my car daily. I have another same model car that is also 2016 Honda civic Ex turbo model and same silver color but that car I bought from another dealer and in that car also I drive same mileage and still in that car I change my car's oil around at 6000+ miles every time. I have trust on Honda that why I am using two same model of cars because I am driving it everyday. So I want refund for this oil change and also I want proper service for my car.

I clearly feels that Metro Honda from where I bought my car and there I am going every time for oil change they did something wrong. Also, one more thing I would like to describe here that is before around 10 months ago at this service center they found that in one of my car's back side tire due to manufacturing fault there was something wrong with the brake and that they found after 2 years and 3 months after I drive my car for 24000 miles around. This is the thing which is risky for someone's life. So you can imagine how much great services they are providing to the Honda customers.

I want you to know that this is not a good business practice where they didn't behave good with the Honda customer and not giving them proper service. Please take some strict action on this and I want a clear justice for my car. Please fix my car's oil life problem. I hope I will get back very soon from the Honda Company and please solve the issue in my car with the oil life. -Harsh

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have Honda Civic 2016 model. When I bought vehicle dealer told me that it has 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year main part (engine warranty). On 31st Friday I was going with my wife on Steels Ave. Suddenly I heard a big sound in in my vehicle's front side. After that vehicle speeds start reducing then I pulled my car to the side. And entered into one plaza parking. Then my car's all engine oil got leaked. I talk to my dealer and they told me that my car is under warranty because Honda covers 5 years engine warranty. Then I called roadside assistance then dropped my vehicle at Family Honda, Brampton at around 7:30 but dealer was closed that time.

Next day my wife went to dealer and tell them everything. They said, "We will check and most probably your vehicle is covered under warranty." On next day they told me that car engine piston is broken that's why all this things happen. Today June 6 service guy from Family Honda told me that Honda denied to cover my vehicle under warranty. They told him that my vehicle is undergone any flooding condition that's why water entered into engine and vehicles engine stopped working. They also blamed me that I never did my last service from Honda authorized dealership. I tried to book service appointment with Honda dealer but I couldn't find any date within 3 weeks. My car's engine oil life was zero so I changed my car's engine oil and filter from outside. I used synthetic oil and best quality filter for service.

After talking to service guy I talk to direct Honda service agent. I gave her my car detail and dealer's service guy number. She put me on hold and talk to service guy. After hold she totally denied that my vehicle is not under warranty and I never did properly car service (I have audio recording). This is the worst experience that. I'm using Honda because of its brand name and service quality but reality is that it's all totally fake. They want me claim insurance as my vehicle's engine is still under warranty. My email is **. Please help me so that I can I can fight and get justice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have read reviews regarding the roof peeling. Exact same thing happened to me. After getting off the freeway one day and parking my car, the paint was just GONE! A rather large section. Cost me $1500 to fix. I can't believe this is a known issue that many people have had issues with and Honda doesn't want to address it and help us out.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I booked and prepaid to have my windshield replaced by Honda in Concord. I paid on May 15th, prior to going to SFO to catch a flight. I was informed by the representative at Honda, that the glass people would need payment up front, and then book a date and time and the glass people will come to Honda and install. Well, here I am, Tuesday, May 28th, been here since prior to 8.30 a.m. My appointment was at nine. First of all, I was told they had no record of our payment for the windshield, which was paid on the 15th. I told them I have the record on my credit card. They said they still don't have record, they then located it after taking my car and finding the receipt in the center console.

Anyway, here I am sitting at Honda, Concord, CA, 1.38 p.m., the service person came over approx. 1 hour ago, saying the car had GONE to the window place, and it will take almost all day. Okay, what happened to the window people coming here?!? Also, I have sat here for over 4 hours, unable to go to the bathroom, in case they happened to say it was ready.

Also, we paid a large amount of money for a warranty, every time we come in, they can't find it on the computer, and they charge us!! Why don't they ask the financial department, as they have got it from there once before after a fuss from my husband. Now, my husband called, asking to speak to the General Manager of Honda Concord, and was told he wasn't allowed to speak to him. Was he asked to leave a message for the General Manager? No!!! He was told to leave a message for the Service Manager, who is apparently in a meeting and will call my husband back. Let's see how long that takes....

Original review: May 18, 2019

I HAVE BOUGHT 5 HONDAS IN 6 YEARS. All were no trouble until this 2017 CRV would not start on May 16, 2019 in my garage. Battery dead. I was given two options, have it towed or jump it & bring it in. I charged it up a bit and drove it in to the dealer. They checked battery on a gizmo and said it was OK. I advised them I had checked the battery also and found one dry cell that was burned looking and three cells that were milky. My 40 years experience as a certified Auto mechanic meant nothing to these zomby robots.

Took car home and was dead again. I went out and bought a battery so the wife could use the car. Whole day lost, 165$ gone and was advise they could not do anything for me. Called Honda customer care, same garbage. One excuse after the other not to cover the issue. I advised the Dealer that if the mechanic did not have a hydrometer and only uses the gadget to check batteries then they need a mechanic that will invest in a hydrometer. Honda will no longer have our yearly purchase to look forward to as my money is good other places. Honda is now a forbidden word in our home.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I've enjoyed my 2003 Honda Odyssey as a family car and also to haul garden materials. The seats are comfy and the overall driving experience is good. My main complaint is twofold. First, it gets only about 16 miles to the gallon around town/18 on the freeway. This is pretty poor by any standards. And second, the clear coat on the dark green paint job has failed; this began within 8 years of purchase. Large portions of the horizontal surfaces have peeled off, leaving a white residue, while the vertical surfaces still look very nice. I see other Odyssey's around town of the same vintage and they all have the same problem. And a quick look on the web shows that this is a massive problem. I am looking forward to buying a new car soon but will not be buying a Honda due to the paint problem. It's a shame really as the car has performed well.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have the remote app and it was working fine until February 2019. I thought it must be just my phone then noticed it is the actual app itself. So, I’ve purchased the remote app for 1 Year. The remote starter has disappeared and it was showing that my subscription has expired even though I’ve purchased it. So, I’ve called multiple times Honda Customer service and was told each time it will be solved. Then, a manager would get back to me and solve the issue. Nothing was done, after numeral calls made, I’ve realized this is the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had. I cancelled the subscription. Unfortunately, this is not something I’m used to as I’ve always had great customer service from other car companies.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I tried to ask for a roadside assistance for my 4 month old Honda Odyssey due to flat tire, they told me exactly it's gonna be 60 mins or less because it requires to be towed, 60 mins gone by but no roadside assistance. No call to tell me that it got delayed, waited. I tried to call them and follow up but they told me it's gonna be 28 more mins, this is really bad customer service, good thing it's not winter or snowing or I would've been froze to death.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have the 2 year Honda factory with an extended warranty on my 2016 Honda HRV. After 18 months I am having it serviced here in Naples and asked what coverage is offered to correct hazing headlight lenses to make this right. They told me because it was caused by the elements Honda does not cover this. I would classify this as poor quality and workmanship. Extremely disappointed lifelong Honda driver! Oh well.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We have a 2013 White Honda Pilot. It has been a peeling mess. I see many others on the road with the same issue. We went to Honda and they will not cover it. It is obviously a bad batch of paint, I am not sure why they are putting it on us the consumer. We have had many Hondas in our family, this is very frustrating.

Original review: March 23, 2019

What a joke. I leased a car from here for 3 years. 6 months before my lease was up I tried going to Honda because I needed a bigger car. They wanted to work no type of deal with me. Said wait out lease blah blah then told me my Honda loyalty could get me far? But clearly did not. I ended up going to Chevy. Worked out an amazing deal for me and I returned my Honda early and under the miles I was suppose to return it with.

Of course Honda could fathom I went somewhere else and charged me a nice 375 which was explained to me, "Oh that’s because you didn’t get another car with Honda..." like what? I returned your car mint condition under miles and EARLY. You charge me a fee for not staying with you when you didn’t want to work anything out with me when I tried? A joke! Can’t stand this company and I tell all my family and friend to stay clear of Honda.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

All I was doing was trying to get a brochure of the 2019 Pilot mailed to me. Juan the Brand Ambassador couldn't help me, as he didn't see it on the website. Since it is a large company, someone there has it. They send them to the dealers don't they? I asked to speak to a supervisor. He politely told me no. So if Juan doesn't know how to solve a problem, NO ONE DOES!!! If this company is so hard to work with BEFORE there is a real problem, how will they be when there is one? TOYOTA here I come!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

BEWARE. I love the car (2019 Honda Fit LX) and it's almost perfect, with a few flaws that I had to get used to. One being the headlights don't turn off, the audio screen is always on, going from reverse to drive sometimes has me ending up in neutral, and the rear view camera is always getting dirty. Other than that I love the car and feel safe in it. Until today, after a month buying and driving this car NEW. I went to unlock the car and nothing worked. I went to try to unlock it manually with my key. The whole thing was dead. Had to call roadside assistants and they brought out AAA, who kept saying someone either was trying to break into my car or I pushed the panic button by mistake. No sir, all wrong. I'm in a personal gated garage.

Anyway, nobody could figure it out but eventually they came to the conclusion that the alarm system just "glitched" and that I can come in and have the guy turn the alarm off. WTF so I can't use the car with a panic alarm or else I risk the car having me locked out until someone comes to fix it? What is this a stolen iphone. I mean come on! Being unable to get into my car was very scary considering the fact that if I had left my phone inside the car by mistake and needed to unlock the car there would be no way of doing so! Everything works fine again for now but I'm still feel uneasy about driving the car now. Again great customer service, nice car, and good driving vision from all views but one very unsafe experience. This car was purchased in Los Angeles, CA.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Worst brand new car I have ever owned. One year ago, I Purchased a brand new Honda HRV from a new car Honda dealer in Puerto Vallarta. To begin with the car which is supposed to be very easy on gas never gets more than 15 miles on a gallon no matter how I drive. Unless you drive on the most unblemished smooth as roads in the world this is suspension is terrible and incredibly bumpy. In less than one year the dashboard rattles like it’s a 15-year-old jalopy. The air conditioning does not blow strongly enough to even moderately cool down the car in warm weather. So far the dealership is offered to do nothing about the terrible gas mileage saying they’ve checked the car and it’s fine. I will be bringing in the car to correct the other problems but I have no confidence they will be fixed either. Honda should be embarrassed to have put out a model that is this terrible.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I am having intermittent electrical and electronic issues with both of my 2017 Hondas. I use to think Honda was a smart purchase but at this point I would never buy another Honda and I will also include Acura as the electronics are likely similar. Really disappointed with these two cars, thank god I leased them. Can’t wait to send them back. The dealers seem like they are so overwhelmed with complaints they will say anything to make you go away. Well guess what? After the lease I have.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Upon leaving the house a couple months ago, loading the kids in the car then, bam, the back passenger door falls, breaking the cable and damaging the fender in the process. Calls to Honda make it apparent they do not plan to do anything for a design flaw causing a safety concern for my kids who ride right next to this door. The repair from them is in excess of $1500! Then we are loading up today and bam, second back slider cable breaks! Now this door has our 6 month old baby right next to it!

This is our only family vehicle, and to put icing on the cake, the sole provider for the family is off work for a back injury! Honda refuses to pony up and assist with issues despite calls asking why our 4 year old car is falling apart, their answers, normal wear and tear is not covered and we will have to foot the bill entirely on our own! Honda quality is nothing what it used to be and their customer service and support is laughable. Before these issues we were ecstatic to share our new car and tell everybody how great it was, now I would not recommend this car to my worst enemy!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I took my Honda to a dealership to show them the paint coming off my car. They referred me to Honda C/S. I filed a claim and they told me someone would respond in two days. That was over a week ago. I talked to Mgr. Paul ** in Gainesville, FL and I'm still waiting for an answer. The paint is stripping off the hood, roof & fenders. They are calling it Clearcoat. It is only 8 yrs old not 20 yrs old. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring that I purchased is the single worst auto purchase I have ever made, and I have owned more than several Honda automobiles and motorcycles. The build quality is horrendous on this new model, it feels as if you are driving around with the windows and or doors open at all times, the interior constantly fogs. The interior is extremely cold in winter and extremely hot in the summer, the climate is at 90% fan level at all times, of which the fan makes a subtle whirling noise. The collision mitigation system will brake randomly for you with no obstacles in sight, insanely dangerous. That same system if you attempt to disable you can but you only get like 10 disables before you can no longer disable for the following 2 weeks, really? A limit on how many times I can turn off this horrible dangerous feature????

The OEM tires on the vehicle are constantly either blowing out or running low on air, why they put such a cheap standard load tire on this hatchback vehicle should be considered criminal. I have now had to replace 2 blowouts and I'm re-filling a different tire's air at least once a week, I had to purchase a tire infiltrator so that I don't have to constantly visit and pay the gas station for air.

The wooden board that covers the spare tire in the trunk has curved and no longer sits flat, WT???? The molding/black rubber seals around the doors and jamb already coming loose. From what I have noticed on the driver's side door the interior section if you rest your arm on the panel itself it rattles, I'm assuming this is caused due to the flimsy nature of the panel itself. The driver's side visor rattles?

13, 000 miles in and I'm counting down the months over the next year to trade this junk in, I will never ever buy a new Honda vehicle going forward. I would without any doubt recommend Hondas from 2010 and back because I have had great experience with the year models. I'm sure I'm missing something here as there is just too many thing to remember. I get in the car daily thinking what's next with this thing. Living off the build and name of years in the past. Just HORRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Paid over $800 for tires and alignment and after I drove off I realized I had to force the wheel to the right for it to stay on the road. Then to test it I let go of the steering wheel multiple times and it immediately pulled to the left. I called the service department three times to speak with the man who oversaw my service, he didn't answer. So I made a u-turn and returned the vehicle. He did a test drive and came up with new terms to explain why it's pulling and blamed it on the road.

Three different men drove the car three different times on the main road including the technician and claimed nothing is wrong with the car. They refused to service it or even take a look at it. I told them not to drive out my gas and my mileage. They still took the car anyways and drove it around. The manager asked at first I said no then yes. He also did everything to try and keep the car on the road but still refused to service it or replace the gas in my car. As he was testing the car he was raising his voice at me saying "it's the road the car is pulling because of the road". I will never ever return to any Honda dealer to service or purchase a car. They are a bunch of criminals running a business.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We have been a Honda family for many years. However, we have purchased our last Honda. In the last 5 years, we have purchased two Honda Accords. BOTH cars ran out of oil and damaged the engines. Honda tells us that the oil light only comes on when you are completely out of oil??? Well, by then, it's too late. The first Accord, they put in a new engine for $3,000.00. Right before the warranty expired... it ran out of oil again. They fixed the engine, we sold the car and bought another Accord.

On this particular model, Honda KNEW that oil consumption was a problem. Our car ran out of oil and did some damage to the engine. This happened 1,000 miles past the warranty date. Honda would NOT make good on this problem and wanted us to pay another $3,000.00 to fix this engine. We filed a claim with American Honda, and they said they would not pay AND that this car had a "fix" put on it because it had a recall for the oil consumption problem. We are now TOYOTA buyers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I realized during a recent snowstorm that the rear defogger on my 2016 Honda Accord was inoperative. I took the car into the White Plains service station on Friday. After waiting more than four hours for an oil change and the repair of the defogger I was informed that the work was not covered although I still have bumper-to-bumper coverage. I called Honda Care; they told me that the work should be covered. I called both Jose and Maribel on separate days and was assured that they would contact Honda Care and would get back to me. They have not. Buyer beware at White Plains Honda.

Resolution response: Dec. 30, 2018

Finally was able to get this horrendous situation rectified but I had to take the car to another Honda dealer to do so. Scott Honda, in West Chester PA, was able to quickly diagnose that there was a faulty bearing in the transmission and as such ended up replacing the transmission. ROBERTS HONDA had thr car for 3 weeks and did not diagnose the problem and they gave it back to me with it still making the noise loud and clear. Very good experience with Scott Honds though. They're team is very knowledgable, organized and customer service oriented. Only time will tell how well this car holds up but either way Scott Honda definitely has a fan in me!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

First off the reason I bought a Honda in the first place is because my entire immediate family and some of my extended family members own either Hondas or Acuras and all have been very reliable cars for them (albeit all of them are older versions not the 2018's). Prior to owning Hondas I owned other makes and the reason I bought a Honda was because I got tired of spending all of my time and money visiting the dealer getting the cars repaired. I bought a 2018 back in April 2018 and initially was thrilled with it and so excited every time I got the opportunity to drive it. That excitement however was short lived as multiple things started to go wrong with this vehicle and I might add much, much sooner than my other cars which have included Chevys, Buicks and Nissans.

The first thing was the screen repeatedly freezing, then the insulation in the drivers side door repeatedly coming undone leading to rain water getting into the car. Then an annoying clicking noise that ended up being a noise coming from what turned out to be a faulty airbag. Most recently the driver's side seat creaking loudly all the time which they now need to replace. In addition to this a bubbling noise coming from the radiator which I am told may be a head gasket (although they still do not know).

Finally the biggest one is recently the car started to sound literally like a lear jet making a loud high pitched winding noise coming from the engine. I was told today that this is coming from the transmission and that they will need to replace the transmission but they cannot replace it until Honda corporate gives them approval. Now mind you, I dropped this car off 1.5 weeks ago and it took them until today to actually determine what the issue is and these are the same people that are going to install a new transmission on my car? I just don't have much confidence in this group of Honda mechanics given it took them 1.5 weeks to determine the problem in the first place.

To me, that seems like a really long time but that is a whole other story. I have had repeated problems with this dealership that orders on complete and utter incompetence. Plus they are now telling me that they have no flexibility in providing me a deal on a new car despite all of these issues on a 6-month-old brand new car. This is despite the fact that all of my family members will never buy another Honda or Acura again given the way Honda has treated me here in addition to all of the problems I have experienced with this 2018 Accord and I might add also the problems I experienced with my prior 2014 V6 Accord Touring (which for the purposes of time I won't get into now but that car was a lemon as well).

My point being consumers should be aware that Honda is marketing a faulty product here and not doing anything to try and rectify a long standing relationship that includes more than just me. It is very disheartening and if I were not tied to an 84-month financing agreement I would drop this car like a hot potato and get another brand car faster than you can say Mississippi. Going into the winter months I have zero confidence that this car won't stand me on a frigid day.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I really love Honda but from now on I will not buy this brand anymore after they denied my complaint about the rusted I have on my two years old car with only 20000 miles in it. I have to fix it at the body shop with my own cost. The Honda technician blame on the accident reported that may cause the paint scraped off. But accident report did not really tell what kind of accident. So I took the car to body shop and they told me the problem start at the door seal have a hole right at the rust is. It cost me only $150 to fix the problems. Honda technician smart enough get my tiny problem fix instead denied it. You guys losing one customer and this message will passing on to other.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased a 2011 Honda Civic from a private owner over 4 years ago (2014). Would you believe WE JUST got the title clear and in our name??? (2018) Granted we started the process a year an a half ago when we tried to register it in a different state only to learn that Honda had some kind of hold on it. We kept getting someone from their customer service telling us they had fixed everything and would send out the title. Only to wait for weeks and never receive it. We couldn't register it until we held a title. They kept telling us they couldn't talk to us about why they couldn't release it??? WHAT? WE WERE THE OWNERS!

This went on for months back and forth with a new person saying they were sending the title and going through the whole cycle again! Omgosh, so frustrating! I had to track the original owners down to help us, who had since MOVED OUT OF THE COUNTRY, and guess what? They (Honda) said that they had to be in a US OFFICE to sign some paper! We waited for them to come back for a visit to the U.S. and then thought everything was squared away, guess what? STILL DIDN'T SEND THE TITLE. We ended up having to get an attorney and we used to be HUGE Honda fans.

Never again will we buy a Honda. The customer service reps were always incredibly rude and disrespectful even hanging up on the original owner. Very, very, very disappointed in Honda to say the least. Customer service is a reflection of the company, I feel very strongly about that. I don't want to support a company that doesn't honor and serve their customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I am writing to you to inform that I am very disappointed with customer service care line from HONDA from the way they handle case. The story is like this: My nephew call customer service line at 1800-18-1177 on 13th November 2018 after his car ** accidentally hit broken hole at Bangi while heavy raining. He call at 3.00pm plus and towing truck only arrived at 7pm plus.

After they checked the car (in front 2 tyre burst and found the car cannot start) they say will send the car to the nearer HONDA which at Semenyih. They ask whether can they send to SAG ULTIMATE centre which my nephew do not know actually. The place is only for (Body and Paint centre) after accident. Here what I want to question how come Honda towing track staff do not know where to send the car base on the car situation and case. My nephew is not accident which I think they should straight send the car to the nearer HONDA service centre. How come they send the car to the body & paint centre???

14th November 2018. I went to the SAG ultimate and they mention they did not provide checking or repair for engine issue. Then I call back your customer service line and talk to Ms. ** to collect back the car and send to the HONDA service centre but she mention I need to pay for it which is the procedure is like that. I'm like… "What? I have to pay for your mistake?" And further I'm not asking to bring to other workshop. I'm asking to collect and send to HONDA service centre. I really hope the management of HONDA look into this issue. This will make your customer feel upset and HONDA reputation will affected. Your customer service never act professional in this difficult situation. It's not about the money that we need to pay extra for the towing issue but just the matter of professionalism and customer happiness

Lastly I would like to give compliment and professional sales services to SAG ultimate branch at Semenyih to the Manager (Steve **) which provide me efficient and fast respond on settling this issue. He take the responsibility to send my nephew car to the Semenyih HONDA service centre without any charges. Thank you for his staff at the SAG centre, Mr. Chin ** and En ** for the good customer care and professional attitude. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My tire was flat. I called Honda Roadside Assistance at 8:44 pm. They said they text me when arrived in one hour and half. Then I received a text at 9:06 that service come at 10:02. I was waiting in a restaurant on front and they never text me. I called again at 10:30 and never sent assistance. Called again at 11 and they sent assistance to be here at 12:52 am... and I'm still waiting... Worse experience and they provide the service through AAA.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a used car from Hendricks Honda Pompano beginning August 2018. I was looking for a used car, and I found a 2017 Infiniti QX60 that I liked. Jose (Jose **) in sales helped me, I went, I tried the car, and after some negotiation, we agree on the purchase. When in the negotiation process, I asked Jose several times if the car came with 2 set of keys for it and he said that yes the vehicle had two keys. The day I went to pick up the car, after asking for the keys Jose mentioned that the second key was in a locked place and he didn't have the key for that "place" so we will send me the second key on the mail.

After requesting the key several times, finally Jose sent me a key in the mail, and when I tried it, it didn't work. I called Jose and mentioned what happened, and he promised to help me solve the problem. After several calls and texts, I have copies, that never happened. By the end of October, the car run out of battery and I needed a jump start, so I tried to open my SUV with the key with the physical key on the fob, and to my surprise, it didn't work. So the fob did work, but the physical key didn't. Of course, the second key sent by email neither. I called the dealership for some help, knowing that Jose will not help me since he never did. I was "helped" by Dmitry (Dmitry **), after recommending to change the batteries on the fob which I did, but didn't work, I explained that I didn't have access to my car, to open the hood for the jump start.

Finally, he stated that I had to bring the car to the dealership to make the keys, and I reply to, "HOW? If I can't access the inside of the car how can I take the car to the dealership?" His answer: "TOW IT!" After a long conversation he hung up on me, and when I called him back he didn't answer my calls anymore, that's what I call customer service!!! Needing to work and desperate, I tried to call the General Manager or CEO of the company and left several messages, and he never answered back. I also called several times Jose my salesperson with the same luck.

This happened on Friday, by Monday, and losing all those days of work, I called everybody again, and they transferred me to Manny (Emanuel **). Ohhh Myyyy, what an ignorant individual, impersonating a manager. After talking for more than 30 minutes, he never understood what the situation was, so I asked him for another manager, not knowing he was not, since he presented himself as a manager and not a sales associate. The phone call went to another voice message.

Desperate at this point not knowing what to do, I talked again to the receptionist, Ariana and I beg her to transfer me with someone that would care. She was extremely professional and helpful, honestly trying to help me and she did since she transferred me to Richard (Richard **). This guy in less than 30 seconds understood and asked me to wait for a locksmith at my location. I wonder why Dmitry didn't offer this four days ago, but I was glad that someone at least was trying to help me.

To make it short the locksmith came to my place, to make the physical key, I had no idea that with no original they can do that, he opened the car, then the hood and he jumpstarted the car, everything in less than 15 minutes. I was ecstatic, I was going to be able to work again, and I began to wonder why Dmitry asked me to tow the car to the dealership to make the keys when that was NOT necessary AT ALL! I showed the second key to the Locksmith that Jose sent by mail, and the stated that that key was never for my car, once paired it can not be changed, not the fob or the physical key and if I wanted another one I had to order one from scratch.

To summarize I'm not surprised Dmitry, Jose and Manny, still work in that company if we have in mind they have as General Manager, Mark **, who is a stranger to the concept of customer service. I still have to make the extra key that was promised at the purchase of the car more than four months ago. But at least I'm happy I can use my car. Hope someone in Honda will address this issues since this is NOT the way to handle any situation or customer.

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout