3.99/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I purchased a 2019 NEW Honda HRV Touring in January 2019. I returned it the same day because the backup camera screen and voice commands were not working properly. The main touchscreen unit was replaced. Since January, the screen has been replaced again (total of 3 units), the microphone, and the Hands Free Link module have all been replaced within 10 months. After 30 days total at the dealership for repairs and four attempts I opened a claim with Honda for the Buy Back Program. Now after an additional two trips to the dealership to diagnose my vehicle's problem including a diagnosis by the Field Service engineer, my claim has been denied. My vehicle still has the exact same problems that it had on the day I bought it.

I was told by Honda that there was a well known software problem with my car. Honda was aware and working on a fix. My claim rep could not give me a estimated date for the fix (told me to check every month at the dealership to see if the "fix" was available) and she could not guarantee the "fix" would fix my car. She could not give me a reason why the dealership didn't know about the "known problem" and her answer for why parts were being replaced was that it was simply done as a courtesy to me. Yet, as a courtesy Honda would not buy back my car. The claim rep would not give me a written denial. She stated, "It is Honda's policy to not provide any information in writing about your claim, only to give you the claim number."

On the SAME day I was being told all of the information from the Honda claim rep the FSE told the dealership that the problem was a frayed USB cord he saw laying in my car. Not plugged in, not in use, just laying in the car. His suggestion was to not use the cord and see how things go. I have never had an issue with Apple Carplay not working. What I have repeated had problems with is not even an option when the cord is in use. The dealership duplicated the problem without any cords being plugged in. Now I have a 10 month old car that has options I am paying for, but do not work. The options may never work. I guarantee this. I will NEVER buy another Honda vehicle. I will never recommend Honda vehicles. I hope this review helps someone decide NOT to purchase a Honda.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

If Honda has Hancock tires on it don’t buy it unless they put a better tire on it! I’ll never have a set of Hancock tires, Honda nor Hancock tires will honor the warranty! I’ve have interior noise since I purchased the car, finally Brannon Honda told me it was cheap tires and wanted to sell me a $1100 set of tires. My tires have what you call CUPS and caused by not rotating usually. Not in my case because Brannon Honda was supposed to rotate the tires.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have purchased several Honda cars over the years only to find, in 2019, how far Honda has fallen from its benchmark. I will never buy another Honda automobile. I had the great misfortune of choosing a dealership in Racine, Wisconsin (Racine Honda) to buy a 2019 Honda CRV. When I arrived to take delivery, I noticed that several of the options I had ordered were either not installed or not installed properly. When I pointed this out to the salesman and expressed my displeasure (sincerely but in a business-like manner), the salesman simply walked away from me and did not return. Neither did anyone else and, after ten minutes, I left the dealership.

On my way home from this unbelievable experience, I called the dealership manager and expressed my displeasure with the salesman. Incredibly, the manager hung the phone up on me. The message was obvious: Mr. Customer, we got your money, now get out of here. With the dealership showing no regard for my problem, I called Honda corporate. Amazingly, Honda corporate would take no action to address my concerns. In short, Honda corporate told me that they created a file in regard to my problem, but that no action would be taken to resolve my concerns.

When you make your important decision on how to spend your hard-earned money, I suggest you remember this experience. Honda will be only too happy to take your money, but as my experience relates, do not expect this company to come to your aid should you have an experience of the kind described here. Absolutely shameful!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I would give ZERO stars but the system wouldn't let me!!!! We WERE a loyal Honda customer until recently. We have had 5 Honda vehicles over the last 20+years and now will no longer buy them again because of a customer service rep. We were having issues with our Minivan (died on the side of the road) and brought it in for a $900 repair. Two weeks later, the same issue happened again. At that time we were told there was a recall issued for Piston rings on cylinders 1-4, which we were unaware of, so we brought it to the dealer. The dealer told us the recall expired 13mths ago so they can't do the work. The svc mgr told us to contact Honda and they may be able to work with us.

My husband called and spoke to a rep there who was the worst customer service person we have ever dealt with. She basically told us that Honda sent out 1 warranty letter and because it expired won't do anything for us. My husband explained we never received this letter but she didn't care. He explained we were told Honda would work with us and she said Honda won't work with us, it's not their problem anymore. She would not listen to what we had to say, what happened to us due to a defective product in their vehicle or at least try to work with us in any way. She just stated the recall expired.

My husband told her that our experience in dealing with her in "Customer Service" was the worst experience and he would NEVER buy a Honda again. She didn't care and just got off the phone. My husband called back later that afternoon and spoke with a dif rep to complain about our horrible interaction with the previous rep and she apologized and stated she will have the case looked over again for a second review.

The next day my husband was called by the very person he complained about and interrogated about the previous makes and models of Hondas we have had in the past. He said he was told he wouldn't have to talk to her again and there was another case manager handling our case and she said "no, this is my territory and I'm the rep". He then asked for her supervisor 5 times and was told "NO, you can't speak to them." He told her we spoke to a dif rep and she said someone will review our case with a different set of eyes and she said we shouldn't have been told that because Honda doesn't do that. She gathered the rest of the info that she needed and left it at that. She said we MAY hear from someone up to 48hrs but she doubts it.

Once again, we were not looking to get anything for free. Honda put a defective product out there and we drove it around without knowing of the lingering hazard. They washed their hands of the problem because they did their due diligence and sent out 1 letter. We never saw it and I know that's not their problem, it is ours. We did get stranded because of that issue, we spent $900 because of their issue. We have to spend $3500 because of their issue. The car is not even worth that. So we are out a vehicle. My husband is a retired Police Officer who was injured on the job which ultimately ended his career-he was hit by a drunk driver going 91 miles per hour. We have a limited income and now are out a vehicle because we didn't see a letter.

When we told the original rep all this information, she could care less and all she stated was that the recall expired. We told her we would never buy Honda again-she couldn't have cared less. So...sorry Honda. You are losing a loyal customer because of your customer svc rep and their lack of compassion and understanding. You are losing a loyal customer because of your lack of standing by your product and having a family drive around in a defective vehicle that put us at harms way.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Sales department uses delay tactics to go through the process of purchasing a vehicle. Finance department tries to fiddle with numbers and charge for items that are optional...which they don't tell you until the very end, (e.g. 300 insurance fee, which is really an optional documentation fee). Service department confirms issues but does nothing about them. They lie about what was done or not done and use subjective tests to say that nothing is wrong even though a documented 3rd party assessment indicates otherwise. Do not recommend purchasing or servicing a vehicle from Richmond Honda in BC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I purchased this 2016 Honda pilot certified has powertrain warranty till 2021or 100k. My wife and 3 kids broke down in Canada Sudbury Ontario. I am from Michigan, the vehicle was broken in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal. Thanks god the kids and wife were safe after all, but the very bad experience starts. Towed it to Palladino Honda dealer in Sudbury. Took them 1 week to say that we need a new engine but I can not repair it because it is an American vehicle.

I called honda, honda care, my honda dealer. They did not help with anything. After 4 weeks I had to tow my car from them to Southfield Tamaroff honda to get the car repair. Eventually they repaired the car with replicating just the short block of the engine even the rod bearing was broken and metal shaving was all over the engine (car was not washed, no loaner offered, no alignment, bottom screws and push pins missing). Not understanding why they did not change complete engine.

It cost me over $2200 to tow it back here and rent the car for my wife, not mentioned all the headache calling every day the honda dealer in Canada and honda customer service where nobody helped even the car was certified and had an extended warranty through honda care. All I wanted is to get refund for the expenses, but no one want to step out and do it (sorry and sorry we understand all these ** answers). Very bad experience, I will never buy a honda again even though I trusted the engineering before no anymore, stay away from honda….

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I plan to buy out a lease and was informed by the dealer that Honda Canada requires a safety inspection and I have to pay for the inspection. My question is why the customer is responsible to pay. I think Honda Canada is the party who are suppose to make sure the vehicle is safe when selling to people. I called Honda Canada. The representative did not have a good reason except saying repeated that the dealer has advised me correctly and it is in the contract. I describe the representative acted somewhat professional, but definitely not friendly.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

This email regards a horrible customer service experience I have had with Honda. I have had a problem with my 2017 Hatch - the center console randomly begins a series of beeps (beep-beep-beep) and throws my iPhone, especially the navigation system, off of the system. I have video recorded the problem happening and taken it to my dealer and another dealer on 4 occasions. They cannot replicate the problem.

I called Honda USA to seek additional help. My case was given to a case manager - LUIS - who argued with me, made me cry on every phone conversation, even angered my even-tempered husband. I am seeking help with this problem and all I got was verbal abuse. When I asked to speak to a manager or another agent, I was told by LUIS that I could only speak with him. This one experience - this one experience alone - has decided me that Honda is not the company for me. You seem not to care about a problem that I am sure with time will end up in some sort of recall situation - I simply can't imagine that my car is the only one having this problem. If your customer service is so uncaring and apathetic, then I simply can't be a part of this company.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My Honda car had a problem with Motor Assembly. I checked the company website, and placed an order underlying the company's suggestion. After more than one-month waiting, I received the product, but found it was not the right part and could not be used. I immediately asked to return and the product was not trying to install and in the same shipping box. But the company replied me "Nothing's wrong with our company; Honda has the right to say what they will and will not accept as a return. And motors and electrical items cannot be returned, whether or not they're opened. We do make this clear on our Return Policies". I strongly recommend avoiding this type of company when you place an order online!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

From the beginning of my lease of the Honda Clarity fuel cell car, I had problem with the car controller board. Then, the fuel tank problem had my car towed to their Torrance, CA. location for replacement due to unavailability of the service and hydrogen fuel. Then, the water pump corrosion recall to replace the water pump. Then, the True Zero hydrogen fuel cell producer depot caught on fire and their trucks were caught on fire. There's no hydrogen fuel and the long delay in getting the inspections and permit to re-open the True Zero hydrogen plant.

Meanwhile, the consumers face horrendous problems getting through to Honda Customer service to respond to deal with the rental car situation. A lot of time burden spent by consumers like myself to get Honda to help by providing temporary rental car. Honda customer service keep telling customers to wait for their case managers to call back if you can even get through to them. Honda Clarity fuel cell lessees are paying a high monthly leasing fees to Honda and not being able to drive the car and compounded by their horrible customer service and red-tape to make consumers bear the burden of time and costs. This doesn't happen with Toyota and Hyundai fuel cell vehicles when I talked to their customers. If there's a zero rating, I would rate it zero.

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout