Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (897 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I was raised in a Ford family and we rode Honda bikes and three-wheelers because my dad, who was a mechanic until he became a fireman, drove Fords and rode Honda motorcycles. It's all I knew as a kid and years later, after I got married my husband - who raced motocross on a Mako - bought me a Honda ATC. I loved that ride and was completely confident in its safety. So confident that I had no qualms about riding with my toddler son seated in front of me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I have a stock Honda Ruckus. It is a 49cc work horse. From ripping down to the store for beer to loading up the deck with firewood, and driving it into my backyard. I don't think it can be beat! I weigh 175lb and can hit 40mph. It may not be the fastest on the road but it does get the respect of the road. I run premium gas and keep the oil change and any other maintenance up to date. The only con, it does not like to start in the colder months. I was offer a trade for a 125 Kawasaki, NOT A CHANCE!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I've been on Hondas since the late 60's, dirt, trail & blacktop versions. I've had other brands (primarily cruisers), but have been disappointed and have returned home to Honda. After playing in the dirt during my youth I graduated finally to the Wings. Got my first Wing in 1984 right out of the crate. Put over 250K on her and traded her in on a shiny new SEI in 1986. Kept the SEI in pristine condition until a moving company broke her during a military move & purchased a '95 anniversary edition, which I still have today. I've had hog riders tell me she isn't a "real" bike and I've told them that they are correct - she's a Cadillac convertible on 2 wheels.

Unlike an ultra glide I can be on her with my wife, all day long and at the end of a long day of 400+ miles I can still walk. Three cruisers, all with over 200K miles doing nothing more than typical scheduled maintenance or replacing small parts e.g., tires, brake pads etc. I've known several people that have well over a half-million miles on Wings and are still going strong - figure out how many V-twins you'd go through in that many miles. I've been thinking of trading in the '95 for another new bike, but really do Not like the most recent version of the Wing. I've been on the BMW cruiser and I've got to admit, it really has me thinking of changing. Thirty-five years of loyalty with Wings is hard to shake, but they (Honda) seem intent on taking one of their best lines (Goldwing) and making it into another sports bike. Buy a good used one if you can find one, you'll be very happy you did.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Owned a Harley full dresser for many years. It was fun to ride but maintenance was a bear, constantly repairing, tightening bolts, hard starting so finally parked it and bought a Honda. Rode the Honda for several years then parked it for lengthy time. Eventually pulled it out of the corner, charged the battery, put fuel in it and it took off on the second try. Very little maintenance needed and more than got my money's worth out of it. Eventually sold it moved to the mountains and took up riding horses.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I love Honda. I been riding on them since I was a teenager. I'm a lot older now and have rode different models. All are great. I have a lot of friends that ride Harleys and I love them too but My hondas are reliable. I ride mine alongside my Harley riders and go on toy runs, poker runs etc and Yes I'm cruising along on my golden wing. Love it. Comfort and never ever has it left me on the side of the road or never broke down. My harley rider buddies can't steal that? Lol. Just Saying!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I requested for product issue with my Honda Odyssey 2008. I was declined just because the product issue later to service 13-081 bulletin period. This is unfair and no goodwill view to address customer concerns who went thru pain.

Original review: June 28, 2021

The Honda Service crew on 5244 Dixie Hwy, Louisville KY, 40216, has decided that they don't want to serve my car because I am unattractive in their eyes. They take out their hatred for me out on my car.

Original review: June 22, 2021

3 years ago I bought a used Honda Civic from Honda of Seattle. I am the 2nd owner of the car, it had a clean Carfax, and low miles, 36100 when I bought it. So, for a car like this, I paid a high price, about $12000 after finishing paying my car loan. I recently noticed a coolant leak under my car and a couple of days later I brought it in to Honda of Bellevue for an inspection. A day later they told me that my engine block is cracked and forgot to mention that this is in fact a manufacturer defect, that HONDA admitted and for several times increased the warranty up to 10 years. They insulted me, offering me a $300 cash for the car, or to repair it for about $10000 just for labor - engine not included!

I contacted Honda corporation and both dealerships here in Seattle area, they are all trying to wash their hands and not admitting to the fact that this is a MANUFACTURING DEFECT! They said, that they don't have maintenance history since I bought it. I bought this car in good faith, from a reputable dealership, thinking that it will serve me for many years if I treat it well, change oil and filters in time, which I DID! But I don't think it's my fault they tried to cut corners to make the car cheaper and then realized that they messed up.

All 2006 to 2009 Civics are in the position to have this issues at one point. For me it happened at 65k miles for others at 19k. Whatever the mileage, it will ALWAYS BE a MANUFACTURER DEFECT and HONDA should have the decency to warranty every person that bought this car, regardless of mileage and not just for 10 years. So, next time you're thinking to go to a Honda Dealership, to buy a car, thinking they are there for their clients...think twice. They are there to sell you a car, not to support you when you have a problem with it. I'm very disappointed in HONDA's dealership dismissing attitude and lack of care in giving their clients the support they need when needed!

Original review: April 18, 2021

Honda are terrible at repairing their vehicles for used cars “beware they can replace a secret computer on their cars and changed their information between yours and the used products. So they would need to use a new computer for 2019 and older SUV.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I called Honda Care from sticker in window. Roadside service. They got my money, never dispatched anyone to unlock my car. No callback. No confirmation. I was able to find a local officer in Florida to contact local locksmith. Within 5 min my car was unlocked. I was in route with a 7 year old, phone locked in car. Absolutely do not depend on Honda Roadside.

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team