Honda

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a new Honda HRV. Vehicle continuously would not start for no reason leading me stranded. Vehicle had to be towed to the dealership multiple times and all they could tell me "was it had to happen with them". Battery was never the issue. Honda replaced the battery and still same issue over and over again. Had to trade the car with less than 32,000 miles on it as I could not get the issue resolved and car was nothing but a nightmare with this issue.

I purchase this vehicle in the Spring of 2007 at Honda of Midlands in Columbia SC with 56,000 miles... this was a certified used vehicle with 7 years or 120,000 miles warranty, I purchase the service warranty and religiously took it to the sister dealer in my city. About Mid Feb 2017 I took it for service and they need it to check my engine light as it was on. The tech check the pressure of my cylinders and found #2 to have coolant coming from the wall of the engine. Also, need to repair my seals and other miscellaneous items. Little that I know that the tech found a crack between the wall of the coolant and the engine block thus needing a new engine. Granted I have 158,000 miles on it and no longer has a warranty. Honda told me NO canNOT help me and the dealer ask me for $5,000 for a used re manufactured engine.

This is not my first honda as I own also a Honda Civic EX with over 200,000 miles own it. The Service Manager told them that this was a rare occurrence maybe 1 in 10,000 which doesn't help me. I opted for them NOT to repair it and I picked up in pieces sitting in my garage waiting for a new engine. I'm not happy nor I want to buy a new one anymore.

My mom drives a 2007 Honda CR-V. Honda issued a recall for the driver's side airbag in early 2016 and, unable to replace the airbag, parked the car behind the dealer and issued her a loaner in February and March of 2016. After 2 months sitting at Honda, they brought her car home so it would be inside a garage while waiting for the airbag replacement. During this time, she had the house on the market so she could move closer to my sister and I as my father passed away. We were concerned that the car would not be available for the 700 mile move all along and expressed this to the dealer who told her she could drive the car all over the country, contrary to what we were hearing in the media and from the Honda itself about the Takata airbag dangers.

The house sold and we immediately informed Honda (the dealer and customer support) that we would need a car to move to Illinois. I told Tanya at Honda Customer Support we would have to rent a similar vehicle to pack and make the move if Honda could not replace the airbag in the CR-V. After speaking with Tanya many times, I was told that that we would be fully reimbursed by Honda for the expenses related to the airbag replacement and that there was no daily reimbursement limit. We rented the closest size SUV available (Pathfinder) and packed it for the move. Three days before the move Honda called and said they would be able to replace the airbag a day before the move.

I had to unpack the rental car, drive an hour to return it and take a cab back to Honda to pick up the car. We submitted the expense report for $1,292.54 for the rental, gas and cab to Honda. After multiple calls, a reimbursement check for $162.11 arrived, wrong address and wrong payee. It has not been cashed. Honda will not put Tanya on the phone and says now the limit is $32.00 a day. I have made it clear to them that I had asked her multiple times about a reimbursement limit before renting the replacement vehicle and that Tanya said no limit. Honda has blatantly lied and my 79 year old mom is out $1,292.54. I have spent months dealing with this issue. Since I asked Honda more than once about reimbursement rates before renting a replacement vehicle, my mom deserves every penny she spent on this debacle and an apology from American Honda.

Honda dealership is great. But when it comes to the actual corporation they have no value for the customer. I got a 2016 Honda Civic fully equipped and I took my brother as well and got the same car as me, so technically we bought two at the same time and within the 3rd month my car started to get system errors, brake system problem, abs system problem, anti-lock braking system problem, tire pressure monitor system problem and much more.

I took in the shop I would say 7 - 8 times and was at the shop of total of 35 days at the shop and the problem was still there. So I called Honda corporation and made a claim. The gentlemen that took my case did not call me back or anything. So I got an Attorney because I didn't know what else to do. I was missing work, couldn't take my son to school. It's been almost 7 months and Honda still giving a hard time.

I trade in my previous car. I was down $4,000 and I was fine with it because I thought I was getting a better car. Till today with downpayment and car payments I've put close to $10,000 and Honda is just trying to give me $4,000 back. This was my first new car and gave me the worse first car experience. So if you get a car from Honda just make sure it's not a lemon because I assure you they won't treat you the same way as if you where a new customer. I would never get a Honda car ever again.

I have had over a dozen issues (with most still outstanding) with my 2016 Honda Civic and Honda Canada has been using gibberish excuses to stop repairing my vehicle under my valid warranty. Be careful of excuses like "Cannot Replicate" as this is their first attempt to avoid the costly repairs associated with your vehicle. Honda Canada representatives have assured me that no photos, videos or witnesses means nothing to them, thus ignoring your concerns and complaints going forward. There is nothing you can do because they have already taken your money. Even if they lose you as a future customer, they know it is still cheaper for them than to have fixed your car under your valid warranty.

If you do duplicate the issue to only a Honda Service Manager, then they will use another corrupted tactic and deem the issue as "It's just the normal characteristics of the vehicle" and now your vehicle is fixed and they will no longer deal with that issue, even if you threaten to take legal action. They just don't care. Their tactic includes losing customers as long as they DON'T pay for your repairs. They are convinced that they can bite the hands that feeds them and still get fat. If that isn't arrogance then I don't know what is.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but spend thousands of dollars for a lawyer to take them court, and knowing that the customer cannot usually afford it and just gives up, they're content to have saved the shareholders the costs of your repair. But you can do something about it. Share this warning with family and friends and tell them to do due diligence before buying a Honda product. ***BUYER BEWARE; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED***

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Don't buy a Honda Pilot. I have a 2015 it was a certified vehicle that had 29k on it. I had a vibration and after several attempts to fix it. The dealer replaced the driveshaft. It did help but now when the temps are below 35 degrees it shakes and vibrates till it gets warm. I've had a lot of Hondas and this is the first one with problems. The dealer has been great and it's not their fault I have a lemon. Honda is aware of the problems with these vehicles and they need to step up and fix them. I'm going to fight this, but if they don't find a fix I'm done with Hondas and I will warn others about the problems with the Pilot.

My 2004 Honda Civic EX Sedan was a great car all in all until just a few days ago when I was sitting at a stop light at almost rush hour in a busy metro area with my foot on the break. Suddenly the car went into an uncontrolled, unintended acceleration. I could hear the engine rev and I just froze with horror. A few seconds later it crashed into the car in front of me and stopped and turned off. I was extremely lucky that 1) that car was there or I would have gone into a busy intersection and 2) my daughter was not in the car. The driver I crashed into and the valet guys from the hotel across the street saw I was extremely shaken up but alert and in my right mind.

The mechanics can fix the damage caused by the impact but since this is such a rare problem, they probably won't be able to identify what went wrong or prevent it from happening again so I'll have to trash the car. Given that several people had to die for Toyota to take any responsibility for their problems with unintended acceleration and that there have been several complaints to Honda of cars with this problem with no recompense, I am extremely unhappy to hear the existing complaints have not led to a recall or that almost certainly my complaint will be completely ignored.

2015 Honda Accord - Corporate office does a terrible job responding. They sent me a survey regarding my experience with local dealership (which was very good). Unfortunately it took so long to finish the survey I abandoned it. I called regarding a question as to how to pair my iPhone, I got a recorded message that said press 1 if I want to leave a message. I pressed it five times and wasn't able to leave a message. Finally, like the experience mentioned in the above paragraph, I gave up. My question never answered.

When dealing with a first rated class car, one would expect first class service from start to finish. Unfortunately with Honda, the first class service stops with the purchase of the car. Unfortunately my 2016 Honda LX would not start at an unfortunate place. Called Honda's Towing Service. Towing company showed up more than half an hour later than what Honda stated. Even got a call from them stating when tow truck should be there. Unfortunately tow truck got called much later than Honda Tow Truck Service said they called. Worst part was that tow truck driver had no idea how to tow a brand new car which should not have happened with 2016 Car of the Year. Spent over 2 hours with two truck driver trying to help him tow my own car. One would think Honda would school their subcontracted tow truck drivers how to tow. Worst part was when got to Honda dealer, they didn't know how to get car off tow driver truck. Ugh worst experience ever.

March 2016, I received a safety recall notice from Honda advising me that the airbags in my 2008 Honda CR-V were defective and if deployed, could cause injury or death. The notice went on to say that the replacements parts to make the necessary repairs were not available and may not be available for months, but offered to provide a replacement vehicle if desired, at no cost to me.

Now, since they had advised me that driving my car could result in my death, and offered free alternate transportation, I thought it would be foolish to continue to drive the car. So, I took my car to the dealer where I purchased the car from, Gillman Honda, in Schertz Texas. They had no cars available to loan, but offered to provide me with an Enterprise Rental. As there had been a major hailstorm in the Greater San Antonio area a couple of days before, Enterprise had no suitable vehicles. I was therefore advised to attempt to rent a vehicle on my own and I would be reimbursed up to $35 per day.

I placed several calls and found a suitable vehicle at an Avis franchise operation. After a month, the car had to be returned in accordance with Avis policy, at which time, we rented another similar vehicle. About half a month into the second rental, I received a call from Gillman Honda telling me that they had made an agreement with Hertz to rent cars to Honda owners affected by the recall and needed alternate transportation. So, I turned in the rental car, and rented a vehicle from Hertz with Gillman Honda's approval for the remainder of the time Gillman was waiting on the necessary parts, which turned out to be in August. In all, I had 2 Hertz vehicles for about 2 months. (It is also necessary to return Hertz vehicles after a month for safety reasons.) After I received my repaired vehicle in August, I sent evidence of my out of pocket expenses (rental agreements) along with the Gillman invoice describing the repair.

In September, I contacted Honda to make sure that they had received the documentation, to be told that my claim for reimbursement was denied because it couldn't be verified that I had actually paid the charges to Avis. I then sent copies of my American Express statements showing the charges and subsequent payments. I was told at that time by the case worker at Honda, that I would be reimbursed in 6 to 8 weeks. That was September 2016. After November, repeated calls have resulted in the same answer, "It's under review." In December of 2016, I received a bill from Hertz saying that because Honda had not paid for the vehicle they had provided me, I was legally responsible all charges incurred. A phone call to Hertz revealed that Honda owed them MILLIONS of dollars and had not responded to repeated phone calls.

It appears Honda does not intend to, or has been advised not to pay for charges incurred as a result of the Takata airbag recall. It is impossible to reach anyone other than the "It's under review" people who clearly cannot help. The parts are evidently available now, so you may not have to have alternate transportation for any length of time, but if you do, be careful of any financial exposure.

Have owned several Pilots-love the veh but not interior! Med gray interior that once a stain of any kind appears, you cannot get stain out. If I had to guess, upholstery has never been treated [scotch guard]. Local detailing firm said if he detailed 10 Honda Pilots interior, he would have 10 complaints! Tried every kind of stain removal and stains only get worse-local dealership said 'never heard of the problem'!! Anyone else experienced this if so had any success in removing spots? Please email me at **.

I'm writing a bit out of frustration. My husband and I recently purchased a used 2015 Honda pilot from Infiniti of Columbus in Columbus Ohio. While we were highly satisfied with their customer service during the purchase we are a bit disappointed with a small issue we incurred after the purchase. During our test drive with the salesman we noticed a tire light was on. We were told the tire likely just needed air. After being at the facility 4+ hours for sales/negotiations etc. we left without addressing the tire light again.

Over the next three weeks we had to add air to the tire weekly. Finally realizing we needed to get the car in for an evaluation we were told there was a screw in the tire and the tire needed replace for approximately $200. Now we only had this car 3 to 4 weeks and when calling the dealer to get compensated for this faulty tire we were told "Sorry we cannot do anything about it." $30,000 for a new/used car purchase is a lot for our family and I truly feel for a company of this size they should have paid for the purchase of a new tire.

I have the touring model of the 2016 Honda Pilot. I have had multiple problems with the Bluetooth and Honda will do nothing to fix it. The Bluetooth only works about 50% of the time. Apparently it is an issue that Honda has with Apple iPhones that they can't keep up with the system updates. They will not publicly address this issue and the public has the right to know. It has taken countless hours at the service department and it's frustrating that they refuse to admit there is a problem nor willing to do anything about it. They have suggested that I try to use a different phone.

So my car note had been behind for month due to the fact that my husband had lost his job, and I have been the bread winner. My carnote of my 2011 Fit had fallen behind, but I always sent them SOMETHING. Fast forward I come off my day shift at work and notice that my car was gone:(. I frantically called Honda like "hey did you guys repo the car?" And the Rep. said, "Well the car is in repo status, but it does not show in our system as being picked up or not." She made a few phone calls and said that she would not know until one of the many companies they work with send in the proper documents stating that the car was picked up. Long story short Honda required me to pay a repo fee to the city (Torrance, Ca which was 12$ to the city Court House) pay the repo fee', and bring my past due balance current.

The only thing that sucks is the process of running out of time during the day and having to wait a whole 'nother day which equals another day of storage fees. My car was picked up on a Thursday. My fees were paid that Friday afternoon, but because I paid a little after 4 pm the lot was closed :( and I had to wait until Monday to get my car. I must say my situation was HORRIBLE, but it wasn't because of Honda. And Out of all the reps I spoke to they were not all that rude to me (They were kinda like demanding and one person told me more information than they were suppose to but hey he was being nice).

So all and all once my account was brought up to date Honda faxed over the release paper. I was able to go to the lot and get my car. (I did have to pay a storage fee of 362.50 CASH???) But I can't just say Honda made the process harder than what it was. If I have anything to complain about its the fact that these lots close SO EARLY and are not open on weekends and cont. to charge you :(. But I just got my car released to me today. After being gone from Thursday December 15 till Monday December 19...

These people would change agreed upon terms at every opportunity to switch things around to squeeze more money out of the customer (me). I have never ever dealt with anyone as desperate as this group of people. I can only guess that it's because they are not being paid a decent wage.

The Honda is very dependable with good gas mileage. Solid construction. I did a great deal of research before buying a Honda and thanks to Consumer Affairs narrowed it down to Nissan, Toyota and Honda. The design of the Honda was superior as was the handling and performance. I knew it was the right car for me at this point in time.

It has done a great job holding up to our large family over the last 8 years. It has never needed any work, outside of the normal scheduled oil changes and maintenance, to keep it going strong. The leather interior held up to a family of 7, plus our 2 grandsons over the last 4 years. Not a single tear in the interior. Handles like a dream and drives like a car around corners. Stops wonderfully quick. At 240,000 miles, the notoriously bad transmissions for this year in Honda, finally gave out on me, with little warning. That is my first and only complaint.

I own 2007 Civic, Honda issued a warranty on engine block, overheat cause a crack in the engine to which they are covering only the engine block and the warranty doesn't apply towards other part of the engine which will surely damage because of the original issue. In my case, service rep found that cylinder head is damaged and after keeping me on phone for several hours and keep me waiting for 2 days they replied they won't cover. This costed me $2500 which is same if I take it to other mechanic (quoted $2900 to rebuild whole engine).

I have a 2005 Honda Pilot. It has had a few repairs and still runs like a dream. It can get through some of the worst weather conditions as well. The engine runs very quiet and I have over 105,000 miles on the car. I know I'll be driving this car for another 10 years. My family and I feel very safe in this vehicle. The Honda dealer where I maintain maintenance tells me my vehicle and year are still in demand if I want to trade it in. Needless to say, I do not intend to trade the Pilot in. The body and interior are in good shape. The engine purrs like a kitten. I love it! It was worth every penny paid!

I have nearly 200,000 miles on this car and have had only one major repair. Love it. Leather seats, heated, great space for hauling whatever, smooth ride, good gas mileage. The transmission did fail at around 175,000 miles but got a rebuilt one that works great (also we have a great mechanic). Recalls have been taken care of quickly. This car is a tank!

It has large front doors making it very easy for older or people with disabilities to enter easily. Very comfortable seats. Comfortable driving positions. Mirrors give good vision of vehicles on either side. Reversing camera is a god send. This car has 6 airbags for security. Great disc brakes. It feels a very safe car to drive. We had great service from Honda staff.

Durability would have been a 5 except for plastic side mirror which has been a problem. Performance has been great. Gas mileage excellent. Repairs few. Performance and comfort excellent. Have performed regular maintenance only. Buying and servicing car has been a pleasure. As an older female, have experienced unpleasant disrespectful interactions when purchasing and maintaining other car brands. Overall performance, comfort, durability, and holding value would motivate me to buy another Honda and recommend to friends and family.

I've never had to take it in for more than an oil or filter change. It's ten years old and not a single problem has come up. I'm not a big car person. As long as my car works like it's supposed to and I don't have to worry about it breaking down or costing me money, I'm happy. My Honda was inexpensive to buy and, like I mentioned before, incredibly inexpensive to keep up.

Model Accord - System/Structure/Body/Trunk Lid. We have had our 2014 Honda Accord for just over one year. All of our family members have been hit in the head or back by the trunk. The trunk does not stay open on even a modest grade but does not fall down for several seconds, allowing people to lean into the trunk before it hits them. Injury to death more likely from the trunk lid. I have owned 10 cars and have never had one where the trunk lid will not remain up. 2014 Honda Accord problems and complaints, up-to-date recall information and reviews. If you are researching a used Honda Accord, driving a 2014 Honda Accord, or if you are planning to purchase one, review owner-reported Honda Structure, Body, Trunk Lid problems and defects.

Have had this car four years, no problem at all. Service as required and it should be good for many more years. Great gas mileage about 29 per gal. more on long trips. Rides good, handles well. We will have belts checked soon and winter checkup done.

Easy handling drives and good on fuel and brakes very well. I like the car very much. It suits my needs and my driving style. I would purchase another if I were in the market for a new car. I am quite pleased with it.

I have the car for a year and I have not had one problem with it. I figured I would have a small problem living in a city with potholes. The undercarriage usually gets noisy. This is not the case with my car. I love it... I might name it "BRAD".

I purchased it 10 years ago and have been very happy w/ it except when I had to replace the transmission with mileage below 80,000. Honda didn't cover it. The car is good on gas and is a comfortable ride even though it's 10yrs. old and total mileage of over 100,000.

My car is 8 years old and has no cosmetic or engine issues. It gets good gas mileage and is dependable. I enjoy driving my car. I like that it gets good mileage. I love that it is dependable.

No problems with this vehicle so far. The most important consideration in buying a new car is what dealership you buy it from. Many dealerships are pawns of the manufacturer, meaning they protect the manufacturer's interest above their customer's interest. They don't tell the customer the real truth when the customer's car has a defect that the dealership was aware of before the car was sold to the customer. I personally was a victim of a dealership who exactly did what I described above. So, research the dealer more than you research the car you want to buy.

Honda Company Profile