2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: March 10, 2020

Just bought a 2020 Honda Rtl Rideline. Love everything about it except there is a whistling wind noise coming in from the front windshield and door almost like your window is not closed all the way. Honda kept the vehicle for 3 days and could not find the problem. Contacted the area case manager and his answer was that there is nothing they could do because that is how the vehicle is made. Just because that is how the vehicle is made doesn't make it right. There is definitely a defect that is causing the noise to come into the vehicle while driving on the highway.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The Honda Acura is ergonomically superior to other vehicles I have owned. It is very user friendly in its location of buttons for cruise control, lights, and dashboard. Comfy and roomy seats. Gas consumption is very satisfactory. Great pick up and braking. It is a very reliable vehicle and have had no major repairs needed.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My family and I have owned several Hondas. I have only had minor issues with my Honda. I have never had to put a lot of money in it to fix it. These cars just seem to last a lot of years and miles. I've had other vehicles that didn't last as long as my Hondas. In all they are very good vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was not a Honda person until I started researching them and found that everyone who had one had none to rarely any problems with them. In addition to their reliability, their fuel economy is very good and they hold their value if maintained and taken care of. There are vehicles that are more comfortable but if they are sitting in a repair shop draining your bank account and are unreliable as transportation offsets the difference in comfort. I have owned many new vehicles and the most expensive one (a Cadillac STS) is the worst ever for reliability and our Honda CRV has been the best with ZERO problems ever.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Honda is a great car, but it lags behind many other SUVs in the area of safety. My 2019 has some safety features but they are unpredictable and touchy. I am reluctant to use them, for example, the speed control does not pickup the car in front of you until very late, scary! It also does not have pedestrians detection in front.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Actually, this is the worst ever place to purchase your car, I would like to share my experience about old bridge Honda Rt 9 NJ, I purchased my Pilot 2020 EXL with a problem in the windshield and when I realized, that issue within 48 hours I called the Honda dealer, and they asked me to go back for check, when I went back for checking with the Sales manager Jason **, he wasn’t professional at all and he asked me to wait, then another person came out which is Peter ** and he came to us while eating an ice cream, which is unrespectful way to treated your customers. Me and my wife was surprised from that attitude of Honda Old Bridge.

I left the dealer with 2 recall on my new 48 hours Pilot 2020 and no one even care, at the end Peter he still eating his ice cream and told me, "Just leave your address and we will get someone to you tomorrow," for fixing my windshield, however on my way back to home, Jason ** called me and said, "Forget about it<<<< Nobody will come to you tomorrow for fixing your car"!!!! So I called the corporate office to get a solution, but I think that I did purchase my car from unprofessional company, I really feel bad, as Toyota is more care about the customers, and I really blaming myself.

Original review: July 11, 2020

My name is Jose **. 2 weeks ago I took my Honda Civic to the Honda dealership to fix my 2 recalls On my airbags. Also had my AC fixed because it was not turning on, they told me it was gonna cost me a little over $500 To get it fixed. I said go ahead fix it, same day I called the dealership that car was overheating and shutting off after they did work on it, they completely denied it that they only touched the AC but I have proof from other repair shops there was nothing wrong with my car, I took my car for one thing, I don’t know what they did, it damaged another thing, now they say is a bad battery, a bad alternator and a bad AC compressor, but that’s not what they told me at first when I took my car to have my AC fixed, what can I do?

Original review: July 7, 2020

They started using a new AC system that is faulty and costs $500 just for a recharge and of course no one on the planet has the machine to work on it but the dealership. The car is great otherwise. Honda really let me down by simply creating a problem to make more money for service after the sale.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I bought a outboard motor from the Honda official website. When I queried my order the receptionist said that I was the 20th person today and basically it’s been hacked numerous times over 2 yrs so I must take it up with the bank yet the bank can’t do anything so now I have no boat motor and no money to get one. Absolutely disgusted by Honda!!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Replaced battery 3 times in 2 years due to, in their words, "not driving it enough"! What a load of garbage. Then charged me for the battery and a "diagnostic" fee. I have E mailed numerous Honda officials to no avail. Offered a Honda gift card which is worthless as I am trading the car in for an American car due to all these problems. You have been warned!

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team