2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I have a stock Honda Ruckus. It is a 49cc work horse. From ripping down to the store for beer to loading up the deck with firewood, and driving it into my backyard. I don't think it can be beat! I weigh 175lb and can hit 40mph. It may not be the fastest on the road but it does get the respect of the road. I run premium gas and keep the oil change and any other maintenance up to date. The only con, it does not like to start in the colder months. I was offer a trade for a 125 Kawasaki, NOT A CHANCE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I've been on Hondas since the late 60's, dirt, trail & blacktop versions. I've had other brands (primarily cruisers), but have been disappointed and have returned home to Honda. After playing in the dirt during my youth I graduated finally to the Wings. Got my first Wing in 1984 right out of the crate. Put over 250K on her and traded her in on a shiny new SEI in 1986. Kept the SEI in pristine condition until a moving company broke her during a military move & purchased a '95 anniversary edition, which I still have today. I've had hog riders tell me she isn't a "real" bike and I've told them that they are correct - she's a Cadillac convertible on 2 wheels.

Unlike an ultra glide I can be on her with my wife, all day long and at the end of a long day of 400+ miles I can still walk. Three cruisers, all with over 200K miles doing nothing more than typical scheduled maintenance or replacing small parts e.g., tires, brake pads etc. I've known several people that have well over a half-million miles on Wings and are still going strong - figure out how many V-twins you'd go through in that many miles. I've been thinking of trading in the '95 for another new bike, but really do Not like the most recent version of the Wing. I've been on the BMW cruiser and I've got to admit, it really has me thinking of changing. Thirty-five years of loyalty with Wings is hard to shake, but they (Honda) seem intent on taking one of their best lines (Goldwing) and making it into another sports bike. Buy a good used one if you can find one, you'll be very happy you did.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I love Honda. I been riding on them since I was a teenager. I'm a lot older now and have rode different models. All are great. I have a lot of friends that ride Harleys and I love them too but My hondas are reliable. I ride mine alongside my Harley riders and go on toy runs, poker runs etc and Yes I'm cruising along on my golden wing. Love it. Comfort and never ever has it left me on the side of the road or never broke down. My harley rider buddies can't steal that? Lol. Just Saying!

Original review: March 10, 2020

Just bought a 2020 Honda Rtl Rideline. Love everything about it except there is a whistling wind noise coming in from the front windshield and door almost like your window is not closed all the way. Honda kept the vehicle for 3 days and could not find the problem. Contacted the area case manager and his answer was that there is nothing they could do because that is how the vehicle is made. Just because that is how the vehicle is made doesn't make it right. There is definitely a defect that is causing the noise to come into the vehicle while driving on the highway.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was not a Honda person until I started researching them and found that everyone who had one had none to rarely any problems with them. In addition to their reliability, their fuel economy is very good and they hold their value if maintained and taken care of. There are vehicles that are more comfortable but if they are sitting in a repair shop draining your bank account and are unreliable as transportation offsets the difference in comfort. I have owned many new vehicles and the most expensive one (a Cadillac STS) is the worst ever for reliability and our Honda CRV has been the best with ZERO problems ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I have owned many motorcycles since my first in college but I keep going back to Honda. My most recent is the Shadow Sabre and I am very pleased with it. While there are a great deal of motorcycles out there with as good looks and features as my Honda not many that are as reliable. I have been problem-free with all of my Honda bikes over the last 25 years and will stick with them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I purchased my 2020 Honda CRV and immediately noticed a very loud static buzzing sound coming from my radio every time I drove by a radio or cell antenna tower. It is so loud that I can’t hear what is being said on the talk show. I took my 2020 Honda CRV into the Gunn Honda Service department and they tested the radio along with another new 2020 Honda CRV. Their conclusion was that the radio in all 2020 Honda CRVs makes a loud buzzing static sound when driving by a radio or cell tower. So they said they could not fix the radio and justified their decision by using the disclaimer that says that the radio may experience static noise. Even Honda Corporate refused to help. I have only bought Honda’s and none of the others ever had this problem. I would never have bought this car if they had told me about the radio problem upfront.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I was raised in a Ford family and we rode Honda bikes and three-wheelers because my dad, who was a mechanic until he became a fireman, drove Fords and rode Honda motorcycles. It's all I knew as a kid and years later, after I got married my husband - who raced motocross on a Mako - bought me a Honda ATC. I loved that ride and was completely confident in its safety. So confident that I had no qualms about riding with my toddler son seated in front of me.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Goes fast, handles well, great torque and breaking. Excellent handling. Did I mention it's fast? Doesn't like to go slow, at low speeds gets kinda jerky. Tons of parts available to dress them up. I highly recommend this brand.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I also like Suzuki motor cycles for durability but Honda has the comfort hands down. I have Honda cycles since I was a kid and always had great luck with them. I just sold my last one because of health issues that prevent me from riding anymore. If I could have just one it would be a Honda.

Honda author review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team