2.68/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

764 Honda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Don’t even waste your breath with this. I got a flat tire on the highway and all they could do for me was tow my car to the nearest dealership. Couldn’t change the flat with my own spare either- just a tow. The lady helping me said I needed to give her an exact address- well I was traveling and I had no idea where I was. Also, after 30 minutes I called the towing company they dispatched and no one was even on their way yet... ended up calling non-emergency police and they came out in 10 minutes and changed my flat to my spare. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH HONDA.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Having owned 5 Hondas over the last 15 years, I can tell you this is NOT the same company it once was! Customer Service, WAS their strong point, and was upheld to a standard that surpassed the industry. NOW it is just MAINSTREAM... MAYBE EVEN WORSE! We are getting ready to purchase our new vehicle and it will NOT be a HONDA. Not because the vehicles are faulty... but because the service standards have fallen to a level of disgust and unethical practices. I hope this review gets seen by anyone that might be considering a HONDA for their next purchase. BUYER BEWARE!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Windows fogging up really bad. Takes forever to defrost just the front. The rest of the windows don’t really clear up. If more than one person in the car talking can’t see anything. Have to stop the car and wait till front window clears. I called Honda and they said no one has called in on this problem. If you are having this issue please call them. This is a very dangerous situation. Can’t see out to rearview mirrors or back. I am fighting with them to give me another car. I have read people having problems and being told poor heating system in this model. They must make this right with their customers. Please Please call and complain.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My metallic gray 2009 Honda Civic has peeling and discolored paint on the hood and front fenders. I googled my issue and saw it was a common problem and covered under warranty. I took the car into my dealer and was told that the 7 year paint warranty had expired. I explained that I had never received a warranty notification and requested a warranty extension. My request was denied by the dealer and the Honda Regional Manager. I appealed to Honda American; my appeal was denied. I have been a loyal Honda customer for 23 years and am extremely disappointed with Honda for failing to stand by their product.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Early last year (2017) the paint on the roof started to peel and chip and is growing at an alarming rate. The cost to repair this runs about $5,000 in upstate NY, an extended paint warranty was given that expired in 2016 (VERY sneaky Honda). Also the starter motors are garbage, expect to replace once every 2 years or so (another $800 after labor and parts every time). Very surprised Honda has stooped this low on quality but I guess we get what we pay for. That being said no complaints about engine life, which seems to be its only strong point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My situation: I bought a 2013 Civic SI four door in black. I was super happy until I noticed a year ago the paint started getting cloudy and white. Today it looks a lot worse and after undergoing what they call an "inspection" which was just pictures on one of the employee's phone. The case manager had the audacity to inform me that they can't help me because it looks like rock chipping. Should I laugh or just be completely upset? I can say I will no longer depend on this company when it comes to buying a reliable car. I am so disappointed!

The car's paint is suppose to have extended warranty of 7 years because of the poor quality of paint or coating they decided to use to save a few dollars. Yet they call me to ask if I would like to trade in my car right after I drive off the Aventura Dealer in Florida. For sales they are quick but the customer service is just disgusting. I will have to get a lawyer involved because this is just unacceptable. It's sad to say I am not the only one with this issue. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone and would never recommend Honda to friends and family again. Getting the car painted out of my pocket is $1000+ and It's just not going to happen. I am still paying this car off as we speak.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased Honda Activa 125 cc... All over experience is good but when we drive in night, accident is for sure. Headlight is very worst. Manufacturing people is not concerned about customer safety. I'm very disappointed with this purchase.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bunch of liars and misrepresentation. They try to switch representatives and their stories to drag on the situation. I have been a loyal Honda owner for many years. This will be my last Honda. We bought a brand new 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite. It has many many problems.

Original review: July 31, 2018

On October 10, 2017 I had my vehicle in for service with what seemed to be a miss-firing engine. My Service Advisor was Eric **. Mr. ** told me that sediment had accumulated in the bottom of the fuel tank and that they had cleaned it out. After this I began having trouble filling the tank with gas because the pump handle kept disengaging. The car was also running poorly and finally about two weeks later I could not accelerate above 25 miles per hour. At this point I took the car to another car repair shop close to my place of employment (A & M Auto Shop in Jersey City). The owner called and asked me to come down to the shop to see what he had discovered. He had begun to flush out the fuel line and found part of a rag lodged in the pipe. He dropped the fuel tank in order to remove the rest of the fabric and then also found the fingers of a plastic glove sitting inside the small enclosure to the fuel pump.

Inside of the gas tank was a wipe rag which had shed particles throughout the inside of the tank. After A & M removed the rag and glove, the car ran well for a while but the mechanic told me that he couldn't tell how much damage had been done to the fuel pump as a result of all the particles (from the rag) that had been sucked into the pump. We do not use this car extensively but planned to take it on a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia in April, 2018. While driving through Washington DC, we noticed a burning smell and the car would not accelerate above 20 miles per hour. We pulled into a Firestone Auto Care Center in Springfield, VA on Saturday afternoon around 4:40 pm. Since the store was closed on Sunday, they could not service the car until Monday morning and we had to pay for two nights in a hotel.

On Monday, the Firestone mechanic suggested replacing the catalytic converter. He did so but the problem remained the same. Firestone did not charge for the service since the problem was not fixed. They suggested that we take the car to a nearby Honda dealer. We had the car towed to the Honda dealer who could not service the car until the next day. At this point we had to pay for another night's stay in a hotel. The next day, the dealer informed us that the fuel pump had failed and must be replaced. On our way home from Virginia, the car again began running rough. I have not driven the car since then. I believe that these problems can all be traced to the particles from the rag which corrupted the fuel system.

At this point, the car still does not run properly. Since the rag and glove originated in your shop, I am asking that you restore my car to good working order at no additional charge and reimburse me for my expenses thus far -- $2158 (A&M - $475, three nights in the Wingate Hotel - $719, and Virginia Honda - $964). I have the rag and glove that was found in the fuel pump tank as well as video of these items being removed by the A & M mechanic who is willing to attest to what he found. Please contact me on ** so we can resolve this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have had two Accords, love them. No problem with them. Also, owned an Altima, has problem with the front strut. I am getting a new car and I would LOVE to get a new Accord; however, I am waiting for the 201 Nissan Altima because I live in a state that snows and the Altima will be offered with AWD. Honda quit keeping the AWD for Acuras, put them in the Accord and I bet you increase your sales. And yes, AWD is superior to FWD in the snow and ice.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Great car! I have had it for 4 years now and I don't regret the purchase. Beautiful car! Comfortable! Roomy! Great family car! Perfect for vacations or just a ride around town. Love all of the extra features! It's the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Please give me money so I can purchase a new one. I like the CD player, sunglasses holder, storage options, interior color, exterior color, adjustable side mirrors, adjustable rear view mirror, fold down back seats, Leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, navigation, backup cameras, Bluetooth stereo, and alloy wheels.

However, I don't like the fact that there is no DVD player option. I wish it was easier to sync phones through the Bluetooth technology and that there was climate control in the back seat. I also wish the car washed itself. It is 2018 and I can't believe that type of technology doesn't exist. I don't like having to pay to update the maps on the navigation system.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased my Honda because I needed an SUV that would accommodate my four children. I needed three rows of seats which this vehicle does have. It's pretty good on gas. It's all wheel drive and it just drives really smooth. I love it. My SUV have leather seats and since I bought this vehicle used and it was not taken care of good enough so there are cracking in spots in the leather seats.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I replaced a Lincoln that I was constantly having to fix and it was very expensive do so. I tried out several different models of cars and chose the Honda Accord. I've had it for a year and I'm very pleased with everything about it. It drives and handles well. It provides me with a reliable ride. The ride is smooth and it's comfortable for both the driver and passengers during trip. I decided on the color black. I like the sport option, I like the look of the dual exhaust and the spoiler on the trunk. It also has great mileage, the trunk is very roomy, and has power that I was accustomed to. On the other hand, the leather seats would be nice and I miss having heated seats, rain guards on the windows too. I plan on purchasing them. A 6 disc changer is something I miss about my other car as well.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I really like Honda. I am very happy with the purchase. I had other cars but I feel this one is less expensive in maintaining. I like the comfort and easy maintenance. Also has some automatic feature which are great. The chairs are nice and enough space for legs. However, there can be some improvements by adding more power to the car. For the price the car is good but still I will like the speed to be able to increase faster when I press the pedal. Other than that, I like everything about it and I want to buy another one.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The car is fantastic, but has a lot of nickel and dime expenses. It gets incredibly costly, but is a good family vehicle overall. It does what we need it to do. I like that it has a lot of room and three row seating. When you have a lot of kids that have a lot of stuff, you need a lot of room for car seats and leg room. But I dislike that it gets so expensive to keep it maintained. A low maintenance car would be much easier on our growing family. We could spend more on family activities if we were spending less on the car.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love my Honda Del Sol Si because of the style and it is good on gas, easy to drive, looks very unique from other cars on the road and I wouldn't trade it for any other car. I feel lucky to own one. It is a rare car and a classic car from 1994 and just a very cool looking car in general. I like that it's a sports car and it is fast and small and good first car for me to learn how to drive a manual. But I don't like that it has manual locks. I wish it was an automatic button and I wish I could have the seat higher up because this car sits very low to the floor.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Hondas are well made and great cars to own and I am very pleased with my Honda. It runs and looks great, and gets amazing gas mileage. It's dependable and it just gets up and goes. I am a mother of 3 and I can always count on my Honda to get me where I need to go. I love it. I like the sporty look and the trunk space in my Honda. I like that it rides smooth and sails down the road. But I would prefer a four door instead of a two door, it would be a lot easier to get my baby in and out of her car seat with four doors. I would also like more back seat space and a little more space between the front and the back seats.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Extremely reliable. The car has had no breakdowns near home or while traveling cross country. It is fun to drive and has plenty of acceleration. There is also plenty of passenger room, the suspension seems durable and visually the car looks aerodynamic and cuts through the wind with little resistance and air turbulence.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It's a good car. It's simple without a lot of bells and whistles, but it does the job and gets me around to where I need to be. Also, I liked how compact it was and that it had a sunroof. However, I wish it has a better engine.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It's awesome. Good on gas, right size for driving back and forth to work or anywhere else you want to go, the price was good and I don't have to make payments on the vehicle. I like the color and my family liked the vehicle.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The car is great. Gets good gas, had nice interior performance, and the price was great for it being new. The inside is very comfortable and everything is in good reach of the driver by in the steering wheel. The car had a great safety rating, it has great resell values and the car is safe for my family as well. Have purchased Hondas before and they are very dependable cars with a good reputation. This is a car I've been waiting to get it.

This car holds its value. It also has airbags for both driver and passenger. The design is fresh and it has a awesome paint. Had Sirius radio and I can integrate my cell to connect with my sound system. The sound systems is Bose, has sunroof that I can open without having the sun directly on my head, the dimension of the size tires make for superior control in bad weather, comes with factory tinted windows, has high seats that are very comfortable and the car is able to seat 5 grown-ups. Love the car. The style is what I like in a mid-size vehicle. However, I have to take it to the dealer for certain tools to work on it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I love Honda. Both of our cars are made by Honda (a CR-V and a Civic). They're reliable, comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable to drive. We usually drive the CR-V when we go on long trips and it's nice to be able to fit my wife and I, two dogs and all the luggage plus my acoustic guitar on most trips. My favorites are the Bluetooth connectivity for my music, the seat warmers and the back up camera.

The Bluetooth connection is great for just hopping in the car and having the music pick up from where I was listening to it last (which I'm doing constantly) and it sounds pretty great! The seat warmers are wonderful because I'm always cold, especially when my wife is driving as she likes to turn the car into an icicle on wheels. And I'm short so the backup cam can see areas I can't on my own or with the mirrors. I personally wouldn't enjoy driving something much bigger but as we travel a lot with two dogs and a bunch of stuff, a little bit more cargo space would be really helpful. We don't stack things in the back to the point where they are piling over the seats or we are unable to see out of the rear view window.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had an engine seal leak, broken shock, replaced rotors and brakes at 23,000. Now I have another horrible noise that will need fixed. Honda service and Honda Corp can’t hear the noise yet outside reputable mechanics can. Honda knows I am 3,000 miles until my 36,000 warranty is up so they don’t, "hear anything" and so will not investigate the problem. I believe I have a lemon. Honda Corp doesn’t participate in the California Lemon Law. They are ignoring my complaints.]

Original review: May 31, 2018

2012 Honda CRV makes loud grinding noise upon start. Informed dealer about the situation several times since the noise started years ago. After a year of purchasing the vehicle brand new off the lot the noise started. I complain about the noise numerous of times during oil changes. They never knew what the problem was nor did they hear a noise (lies). But now since I’m almost done (1 payment left) with paying off my car, and my warranty is over (bingo) we know what the problem is and it’s gonna cost ya! American Honda is garbage. They don’t wanna acknowledge the problem, and they’ve been knowing for years well before I purchase mines in 2012.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We called for roadside assistance due to a flat tire. We called at 7:00 pm. We were told 40 minutes. After 40 minutes we were told 15 minutes more. After 15 minutes we were told 25 more minutes. We complained to the call center after each delay. Finally they told us a new service would come in an hour!!! We were very upset. After another half hour both services showed up. It was an awful experience!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Contacting CS and speaking with incompetent individuals is apparently the norm for this company. I have been waiting at least 7 days to receive a call back from a Supervisor. This is unacceptable. This is my 3rd Honda Accord and the rate they're going I doubt if there will be a 4th!

Original review: May 9, 2018

Aside from the styling which makes the 2007 Honda Ridgeline not look like a pickup truck, it has been trouble free and reliable. The two way tailgate is very handy. Cannot get any better!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I bought a 2018 Honda Accord Touring trim (nearly $40K car). Have had 7 different failures so far (defective paint, electronics failures, parts falling off car door seals, wheel well lining, etc). Honda's answer is to keep taking the vehicle in for service. It's only 3 months old with 6500 miles, and it's constantly breaking. In spite of the obvious fact that I have a lemon/dud, Honda will NOT replace the vehicle. My dealer's answer outside of keep bringing it in for service was for me to sell my car back to them at a loss, and they'd work me a deal on a new car.

GARBAGE quality from Honda. Even worse they don't want to stand behind their product. I've been working with Leo at Honda's customer care, and he said there's nobody I can escalate to, but he'd discuss this internally with the distributor (?) who "generally does not talk to the customer". At this point I am in the process of yet more repairs, but a new car experience should NEVER be like this.

I've owned Honda cars my whole life, and have had an 83, 87, 2000, 2005 Accord, as well as a 2005 and a 2006 Odyssey. My 2005 Accord was a nightmare, but that was due to a 3rd party, aftermarket hack job from the dealer, so I cannot state that was a Honda issue. Now I have a 2018 Accord, and outside of some miracle response from Honda to make this right, it will be my last Honda EVER!!

To be specific, here's a list of my issues so far in my first 3 months/6500 miles on the car:
    1. Paint defect on side of car in front of passenger door
    2. Paint defect on roof of car

3. Failed backup camera/console unit

4. Weather stripping literally falling off passenger's back door
    5. Wheel well came loose and is resting on the tire while driving (part is in back order)
    6. Bottom weather stripping loose, and sticking outside of rear passengers door

7. Intermittent charging working/not working on wireless cell phone charging pad (iPhone X)

NOTE: When the dealer looked into the paint on the roof, they first wanted me to file a claim with Cameron (additional paint protection/warranty product I bought), and there was a small elbow sized dent in the corner of the roof after they looked at it which I had to speak with the service manager about to get fixed. They did fix it, but didn't initially want to take ownership of it. Seriously, Honda? I've Never spent so much money to only live to regret the purchase and get such a careless response from the manufacture of such a clear quality issue with YOUR product. If you are thinking of buying a Honda, buyer beware, and know that Honda will do nothing more than keep sending you in for repairs time and time again. I fear I'm reaching the point that the lawyers will have to battle this one out.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Loved my 17 Ridgeline until I used it to tow a camper within Honda’s guidelines. Had transmission failure at 17k repaired under warranty. Same problem 35 mi later. Got rid of it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We love this car (Honda HRV 2016) but this is the first model of the HRV and it rattles considerably on the doors as well as the driver odometer panel. We have taken it in to be serviced twice but no one can seem to fix it. I also think it’s a little noisy and the windows seem loose when they are lower than a quarter of an inch down. But we are planning to lease a new one which we have test driven. I think those bugs have been worked out. It’s a perfect car for a small family like ours!

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout