4.04/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

815 Honda Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My Honda car had a problem with Motor Assembly. I checked the company website, and placed an order underlying the company's suggestion. After more than one-month waiting, I received the product, but found it was not the right part and could not be used. I immediately asked to return and the product was not trying to install and in the same shipping box. But the company replied me "Nothing's wrong with our company; Honda has the right to say what they will and will not accept as a return. And motors and electrical items cannot be returned, whether or not they're opened. We do make this clear on our Return Policies". I strongly recommend avoiding this type of company when you place an order online!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

From the beginning of my lease of the Honda Clarity fuel cell car, I had problem with the car controller board. Then, the fuel tank problem had my car towed to their Torrance, CA. location for replacement due to unavailability of the service and hydrogen fuel. Then, the water pump corrosion recall to replace the water pump. Then, the True Zero hydrogen fuel cell producer depot caught on fire and their trucks were caught on fire. There's no hydrogen fuel and the long delay in getting the inspections and permit to re-open the True Zero hydrogen plant.

Meanwhile, the consumers face horrendous problems getting through to Honda Customer service to respond to deal with the rental car situation. A lot of time burden spent by consumers like myself to get Honda to help by providing temporary rental car. Honda customer service keep telling customers to wait for their case managers to call back if you can even get through to them. Honda Clarity fuel cell lessees are paying a high monthly leasing fees to Honda and not being able to drive the car and compounded by their horrible customer service and red-tape to make consumers bear the burden of time and costs. This doesn't happen with Toyota and Hyundai fuel cell vehicles when I talked to their customers. If there's a zero rating, I would rate it zero.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I am very disappointed with roadside assistance. We waited over two hours and they never showed up. My husband and I were stranded and we called roadside assistance. After waiting for an hour we called again and they said they would be with us shortly. 40 minutes later we called again and they said 12 minutes away. 30 minutes later we tried calling again and they were rude and put us on hold. Thank God a nice couple driving by helped us out and then we were finally on our way home.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I have a 2014 Honda Accord EX - current MILEAGE 38,000 miles. First let me review the product. My first experience has been with the XM radio antenna. The radio antenna is no longer working. The antenna went bad at 25,000 miles and after a Honda diagnostic, it is close to $350 repair. Ridiculous!!! Second, my display screen for my radio as well as special features and safety precautions randomly does not display when started. That has been an intermediate problem so I have not been able to diagnose. Finally and the last straw, my starter needs to be replaced in my car with only 38,000 miles. What??? I thought Honda are suppose to be reliable. It is going to cost me nearly $700 to replace the starter. This is ridiculous and the quality of my Honda product has not meet my minimal expectations.

Now let me tell you about the horrid customer service I received at three different levels of this problem. First I contacted my local dealer, Heather Cannon Honda in Ponca City OK, for a diagnosis of the starting problem. After waiting for my car, that has been diagnosed for six hours now, there was absolutely no paperwork ready or prepared for me when I got there. After watching the guy circle around three times, I was again irritated with Honda. Long story short, the owner called me a left a hateful and extremely rude message in my phone. I will no longer step foot in that dealership, so now I have to travel a total of four hours to the dealership where I purchased the new Honda. So I called Battison Honda in Oklahoma City. After explaining my situation with a service assistant, he told me it was above his pay grade and couldn’t help me.

Just to let you know, I told him that at the beginning of the conversation I wanted to speak to the service manager, he refused. What I was asking for was an acknowledgment that they would replace my starter at the same quote price as the Ponca location. I also asked for some considerations on the repair costs because I feel that a new starter, antenna and display at 38,000 is excessive and a company who believed in their products would support their loyal customers. The is not my first Honda but it will be my last. Now the service assistant told he that he would return my call or the service manager would return my call. That was over 48 hours ago and I have heard nothing from Battison Honda in OKC. Now it is the Thursday before a holiday weekend and I have no car. I sure all these people at Honda a car that works, so they don’t care.

During this time, I had sent a customer concern to Honda Motor Company. They said it was out of warranty and too bad, basically. I resent a response and someone from American Honda Motor Company was suppose to get back to me. Someone actually called and ironically enough, I was outside receiving my car from the tow truck it was attached to to get it home because it wouldn’t start. I returned her call immediately and have not received a call back. That was over 24 hours ago. The Honda tech's name was Belinda and her ext is **. That is just for the Honda people’s info to follow up this string of horrid customer service practices. I am on a limited income and some consideration for the poor quality product I purchased would be very helpful. However, I can’t get anyone to even contact me back. All I can do is refuse to buy another Honda and tell others of my experience and hope they can make a more informed consumer choice.

I do know the ugly manner in which Heather Cannon Honda of Ponca City OK has handled a customer has lost at least one Honda sale for her. (Not mine, another who I allowed to hear her message.) I am so unhappy with this Honda and Honda customer service that I hope this costs them a few more sales. Maybe then, they will make customer service a priority.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I dropped my Honda off for warranty repair work on August 22, 2019. The warranty company approved the work to be done on the same day. I called the service advisor Georgiann. She did not answer. I called to speak to a supervisor to see when will my car be ready. No answer. No callback. I called today, August 26, 2019 and Georgiann advised me that my car would be ready for pick up August 27, 2019. I did not receive a call. I called and was on hold with Melissa for 30 minutes. I drove up to the dealer and asked, "Where is my car?" and nobody knew where it was. It took 20 minutes for them to find it. Deante ** was very rude and uncaring, Scott ** the Manager did not move out of his seat to help. They both were uncaring and did not try to rectify the problem.

My car was there for 5 days, they never ordered the parts and the manager, supervisor or advisor did not contact me to tell me what the status was. I have been buying cars from Motor Cars Honda for over 16 years and we have been getting our car service there for over 20 years and never have we received such poor service, uncaring and could care less about customer loyalty. Sincerely, A unhappy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Beyond dissatisfied with horrible paint quality and worse customer service from Honda USA. I am awaiting a reply from consumer affairs with regards to my wife's 2014 Honda Accord, purchased new from Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, Maryland. My wife purchased the vehicle, along with an extended paint protection warranty (to protect the paint finish against premature wear, rust, staining, etc.), which covers the vehicle for 7 years from the date of purchase.

In the past 6 months, we have taken note that the factory paint finish has begun to shrink and peel back from the rear window glass along the surrounding body panels. We notified the dealership, and they advised that there is a known factory defect with vehicles finished in Pearl White (my wife's paint color) and dark metallic blue, where this pattern has been observed. There are countless accounts of this paint defect online. Some representative web posts are linked below; There are many more...

There is even an entire Facebook group dedicated to raising awareness and seeking remediation to this obvious manufacturer's defect: https://www.facebook.com/groups/389497225179056/. The dealer advised that they believed this to be a factory defect, and not a warranty issue and reached out to Honda, USA on our behalf. We were advised that resolution was reached with Honda, USA and they agreed to pay on a 90/10 basis (90% of the repair costs would be paid by Honda; we would be responsible for 10%) and we were asked to bring the vehicle in to a Honda Certified Repair Facility (Chandler's Collision Center in Columbia, MD).

We brought the vehicle in to the recommended shop, and while we were able to obtain a repair estimate, the shop adjuster began scraping at the paint (causing further damage) which left an extremely unpleasant feeling about the shop. When we asked to see samples of paint work they had completed, the adjuster showed me 2 vehicles on the lot -- each one worse than the previous in terms of color match, paint texture and body work quality. Further, we were advised that Honda would not stand behind this shop's work, despite telling us that this was their shop of preference, deferring any quality issues with the repair to the repair facility policies.

We advised Jim Coleman Honda of our desire to have the repair performed at another facility that we had located (also Honda Certified): Subway Auto Body in Gambrills, MD. We had the opportunity to meet with this shop manager/owner who was very understanding of the nature of the repairs needed, the process needed to repair correctly and warrantied workmanship integrity. We asked about having the repair performed at this facility instead, and were advised that Jim Coleman would look into this with Honda and get back to us.

Weeks went by without any feedback despite numerous calls to both Honda and Jim Coleman, and finally I escalated the issue with Honda, USA. I received a call-back from Honda advising that we took too long to schedule the repair, and therefore they were no longer accepting responsibility. The Honda representative would not allow me to get a word in edgewise, despite pleading with them that the reason the repair was not scheduled was due to a lack of response in how to proceed on their end. They refused to listen, vulgarities were exchanged, and they refuse to address this matter. Subsequent calls into Honda, and we are seemingly black-listed from speaking with a representative.

Bottom line, we have email traffic assuring us that the repair would be covered at a 90/10 split, numerous inquiries on how to proceed that went unanswered, and now we are left with a nearly $2,500 repair bill for a factory defect. The shop owner at Subway has also attempted to reach out to Honda on our behalf and they won't even return a phone call -- mind you this shop pays annual fees to remain an accredited Honda Repair facility, so this says a great deal for Honda, USA in general. Since the time when we first notified Honda of the issue, the damage has spread to the full surround of the rear glass and is continually growing larger. It is despicable that Honda refuses to accept responsibility and worse that their lack of customer service follow through has only delayed remediation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Honda fuel door: 2017 Honda Ridgeline. There is an outside door with weatherstripping, however, dust can get between the door and the capless filler opening and then on into the hose leading to the cannister. There is a flap at the end of the hose going to the tank, and there is another flap inside at the top of the hose. Between the two flaps, there is a small hole at the bottom of the filler neck, approximately 1/4" by 3/8". Dust can get between these two flaps and be sucked into the hose leading to the canister, eventually plugging it and setting the error code. This is a design error for a pickup which is advertised for use on dirt, mud, and snow. Though there is weatherstripping on the outside door, there are two small drainage holes inside the door. These two holes empty just ahead of the rear wheel. Dust can enter either through the outside door seal or through the drainage holes.

At the least, there should not have been a hole between the two flaps without some type of filter, allowing dust to collect just in front of the second flap and be sucked into the cannister. Though one could clean the outside flap before filling the tank, that is not possible between the two flaps, and while driving dust can be sucked into the line going to the canister. I think Honda should pay to have the line cleaned and the canister changed if necessary.

History: At about 18,000 miles the check engine light came on, emissions problem. I took the pickup to Mistlin Honda in Modesto, CA, on November 13, 2018. Their report was that the car was dirty underneath, reset the computer and told me it would not happen again. The check engine light came on again at about 23,000 miles. I took the pickup in again on May 28, 2019. That time I was told there was dust in the system and it was not covered under warranty.

I called Honda at 1-800-999-1009 and spoke with a rep who assigned the call to case #** and was referred to Lovette, same number, Ext **. She called me back on August 1st and after I explained the issue to her, told me to call Dennis **, Service Manager at Mistlin Honda, 549-5000, Ext **. She said he would be able to agree that the problem should be covered under warranty. Dennis told me he was not authorized to do such a thing and I would have to talk to someone at Honda to authorize such a repair.

I called her back to tell her that Dennis told me he can’t do that. I left a message; since then I have called three times but she never returned my calls. Called Aug. 9 and got another rep who was of no help. Said a case manager will call me within three working days. Old case manager, Lovette finally called back and told me, essentially, tough. Last Honda I’ll ever buy. Have a Subaru with over 200,000 miles, same environment and no problems. Ready to replace it – will be with another Subaru.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I would highly advise against ever purchasing a Honda vehicle as they have very sketchy lease turn in practices. My husband (a former Honda technician) and I turned in our 2 vehicles with the intent of purchasing 2 new Honda's, however they did not have any good deals going on so we chose to go with another brand. A month after turning our vehicles in we received a letter stating we owe close to 400 dollars for what I would consider to be normal wear and tear on my husband's vehicle (one small dent on one of the doors, a small tear in the floor under the accelerator and a small crack in the windshield which had just been replaced a few month prior, and had they told us this we could have gotten it fixed free through our insurance.) Our person who sold us our new vehicles told us they are pissed because we didn't purchase Hondas again, oh well we would have if they were more willing to make a deal!

Apparently on their website somewhere it says in fine print that before turning your vehicle in you can have your own inspection done. Who in their right mind would think to go looking for something like this, or even think that they would need to do this. Our vehicles sat on the lot where they were turned in for 11 days before they were inspected by someone from Honda, we did not turn them in with a crack in the windshield and dent in the door so this obviously happened while in their possession.

Following a few letters from an attorney on our behalf acknowledging that we are willing to pay to replace the carpet (even though I feel it is normal wear and tear) but we feel the other things are not our responsibility, Honda sent the matter to a collection agency without even trying to remedy the situation. Honda did not even reach out to discuss this matter with us, they just dismissed it completely showing they don't really care about their customers being happy. Had this have been resolved in a better manner, in 3 years when our leases are up if they had good deals going on we would have gone back to Honda, however now we will NEVER purchase a Honda vehicle again. I will also advise anyone we know who is thinking about purchasing a Honda vehicle not to for the rest of my life!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We have a 2013 Honda Odyssey in white. On June 1st 2019 Honda issued a service bulletin saying they would fix the defective pealing paint on “certain” VIN numbers. Luckily our car was one of those approved VIN numbers, HOWEVER.... they claim that they will ONLY repaint 2 areas on our car, the roof and the tailgate. We have other visible areas starting to flake off and peel away, especially around our windows and it’s only a matter of time before the rest of this faulty paint falls off. It’s the ENTIRE CAR that’s covered in this defective paint, repainting only a couple areas is NOT OKAY! We are extremely furious and want our car completely painted in order to fully fix our cars paint!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This will be my 4th lease will Honda and I’ve never once had an issue until now. My air conditioning stopped working. I called Honda only to be told they can’t fix it because I am over the miles allowed (36000). After doing my research I have read there are thousands of complaints about this specific model having a faulty AC. Why hasn’t this been recalled yet? Clearly money hungry! They will lose a customer now!

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout