Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.16/5

Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

784 Honda Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring that I purchased is the single worst auto purchase I have ever made, and I have owned more than several Honda automobiles and motorcycles. The build quality is horrendous on this new model, it feels as if you are driving around with the windows and or doors open at all times, the interior constantly fogs. The interior is extremely cold in winter and extremely hot in the summer, the climate is at 90% fan level at all times, of which the fan makes a subtle whirling noise. The collision mitigation system will brake randomly for you with no obstacles in sight, insanely dangerous. That same system if you attempt to disable you can but you only get like 10 disables before you can no longer disable for the following 2 weeks, really? A limit on how many times I can turn off this horrible dangerous feature????

The OEM tires on the vehicle are constantly either blowing out or running low on air, why they put such a cheap standard load tire on this hatchback vehicle should be considered criminal. I have now had to replace 2 blowouts and I'm re-filling a different tire's air at least once a week, I had to purchase a tire infiltrator so that I don't have to constantly visit and pay the gas station for air.

The wooden board that covers the spare tire in the trunk has curved and no longer sits flat, WT???? The molding/black rubber seals around the doors and jamb already coming loose. From what I have noticed on the driver's side door the interior section if you rest your arm on the panel itself it rattles, I'm assuming this is caused due to the flimsy nature of the panel itself. The driver's side visor rattles?

13, 000 miles in and I'm counting down the months over the next year to trade this junk in, I will never ever buy a new Honda vehicle going forward. I would without any doubt recommend Hondas from 2010 and back because I have had great experience with the year models. I'm sure I'm missing something here as there is just too many thing to remember. I get in the car daily thinking what's next with this thing. Living off the build and name of years in the past. Just HORRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Paid over $800 for tires and alignment and after I drove off I realized I had to force the wheel to the right for it to stay on the road. Then to test it I let go of the steering wheel multiple times and it immediately pulled to the left. I called the service department three times to speak with the man who oversaw my service, he didn't answer. So I made a u-turn and returned the vehicle. He did a test drive and came up with new terms to explain why it's pulling and blamed it on the road.

Three different men drove the car three different times on the main road including the technician and claimed nothing is wrong with the car. They refused to service it or even take a look at it. I told them not to drive out my gas and my mileage. They still took the car anyways and drove it around. The manager asked at first I said no then yes. He also did everything to try and keep the car on the road but still refused to service it or replace the gas in my car. As he was testing the car he was raising his voice at me saying "it's the road the car is pulling because of the road". I will never ever return to any Honda dealer to service or purchase a car. They are a bunch of criminals running a business.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We have been a Honda family for many years. However, we have purchased our last Honda. In the last 5 years, we have purchased two Honda Accords. BOTH cars ran out of oil and damaged the engines. Honda tells us that the oil light only comes on when you are completely out of oil??? Well, by then, it's too late. The first Accord, they put in a new engine for $3,000.00. Right before the warranty expired... it ran out of oil again. They fixed the engine, we sold the car and bought another Accord.

On this particular model, Honda KNEW that oil consumption was a problem. Our car ran out of oil and did some damage to the engine. This happened 1,000 miles past the warranty date. Honda would NOT make good on this problem and wanted us to pay another $3,000.00 to fix this engine. We filed a claim with American Honda, and they said they would not pay AND that this car had a "fix" put on it because it had a recall for the oil consumption problem. We are now TOYOTA buyers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I realized during a recent snowstorm that the rear defogger on my 2016 Honda Accord was inoperative. I took the car into the White Plains service station on Friday. After waiting more than four hours for an oil change and the repair of the defogger I was informed that the work was not covered although I still have bumper-to-bumper coverage. I called Honda Care; they told me that the work should be covered. I called both Jose and Maribel on separate days and was assured that they would contact Honda Care and would get back to me. They have not. Buyer beware at White Plains Honda.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

First off the reason I bought a Honda in the first place is because my entire immediate family and some of my extended family members own either Hondas or Acuras and all have been very reliable cars for them (albeit all of them are older versions not the 2018's). Prior to owning Hondas I owned other makes and the reason I bought a Honda was because I got tired of spending all of my time and money visiting the dealer getting the cars repaired. I bought a 2018 back in April 2018 and initially was thrilled with it and so excited every time I got the opportunity to drive it. That excitement however was short lived as multiple things started to go wrong with this vehicle and I might add much, much sooner than my other cars which have included Chevys, Buicks and Nissans.

The first thing was the screen repeatedly freezing, then the insulation in the drivers side door repeatedly coming undone leading to rain water getting into the car. Then an annoying clicking noise that ended up being a noise coming from what turned out to be a faulty airbag. Most recently the driver's side seat creaking loudly all the time which they now need to replace. In addition to this a bubbling noise coming from the radiator which I am told may be a head gasket (although they still do not know).

Finally the biggest one is recently the car started to sound literally like a lear jet making a loud high pitched winding noise coming from the engine. I was told today that this is coming from the transmission and that they will need to replace the transmission but they cannot replace it until Honda corporate gives them approval. Now mind you, I dropped this car off 1.5 weeks ago and it took them until today to actually determine what the issue is and these are the same people that are going to install a new transmission on my car? I just don't have much confidence in this group of Honda mechanics given it took them 1.5 weeks to determine the problem in the first place.

To me, that seems like a really long time but that is a whole other story. I have had repeated problems with this dealership that orders on complete and utter incompetence. Plus they are now telling me that they have no flexibility in providing me a deal on a new car despite all of these issues on a 6-month-old brand new car. This is despite the fact that all of my family members will never buy another Honda or Acura again given the way Honda has treated me here in addition to all of the problems I have experienced with this 2018 Accord and I might add also the problems I experienced with my prior 2014 V6 Accord Touring (which for the purposes of time I won't get into now but that car was a lemon as well).

My point being consumers should be aware that Honda is marketing a faulty product here and not doing anything to try and rectify a long standing relationship that includes more than just me. It is very disheartening and if I were not tied to an 84-month financing agreement I would drop this car like a hot potato and get another brand car faster than you can say Mississippi. Going into the winter months I have zero confidence that this car won't stand me on a frigid day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I really love Honda but from now on I will not buy this brand anymore after they denied my complaint about the rusted I have on my two years old car with only 20000 miles in it. I have to fix it at the body shop with my own cost. The Honda technician blame on the accident reported that may cause the paint scraped off. But accident report did not really tell what kind of accident. So I took the car to body shop and they told me the problem start at the door seal have a hole right at the rust is. It cost me only $150 to fix the problems. Honda technician smart enough get my tiny problem fix instead denied it. You guys losing one customer and this message will passing on to other.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased a 2011 Honda Civic from a private owner over 4 years ago (2014). Would you believe WE JUST got the title clear and in our name??? (2018) Granted we started the process a year an a half ago when we tried to register it in a different state only to learn that Honda had some kind of hold on it. We kept getting someone from their customer service telling us they had fixed everything and would send out the title. Only to wait for weeks and never receive it. We couldn't register it until we held a title. They kept telling us they couldn't talk to us about why they couldn't release it??? WHAT? WE WERE THE OWNERS!

This went on for months back and forth with a new person saying they were sending the title and going through the whole cycle again! Omgosh, so frustrating! I had to track the original owners down to help us, who had since MOVED OUT OF THE COUNTRY, and guess what? They (Honda) said that they had to be in a US OFFICE to sign some paper! We waited for them to come back for a visit to the U.S. and then thought everything was squared away, guess what? STILL DIDN'T SEND THE TITLE. We ended up having to get an attorney and we used to be HUGE Honda fans.

Never again will we buy a Honda. The customer service reps were always incredibly rude and disrespectful even hanging up on the original owner. Very, very, very disappointed in Honda to say the least. Customer service is a reflection of the company, I feel very strongly about that. I don't want to support a company that doesn't honor and serve their customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I am writing to you to inform that I am very disappointed with customer service care line from HONDA from the way they handle case. The story is like this: My nephew call customer service line at 1800-18-1177 on 13th November 2018 after his car ** accidentally hit broken hole at Bangi while heavy raining. He call at 3.00pm plus and towing truck only arrived at 7pm plus.

After they checked the car (in front 2 tyre burst and found the car cannot start) they say will send the car to the nearer HONDA which at Semenyih. They ask whether can they send to SAG ULTIMATE centre which my nephew do not know actually. The place is only for (Body and Paint centre) after accident. Here what I want to question how come Honda towing track staff do not know where to send the car base on the car situation and case. My nephew is not accident which I think they should straight send the car to the nearer HONDA service centre. How come they send the car to the body & paint centre???

14th November 2018. I went to the SAG ultimate and they mention they did not provide checking or repair for engine issue. Then I call back your customer service line and talk to Ms. ** to collect back the car and send to the HONDA service centre but she mention I need to pay for it which is the procedure is like that. I'm like… "What? I have to pay for your mistake?" And further I'm not asking to bring to other workshop. I'm asking to collect and send to HONDA service centre. I really hope the management of HONDA look into this issue. This will make your customer feel upset and HONDA reputation will affected. Your customer service never act professional in this difficult situation. It's not about the money that we need to pay extra for the towing issue but just the matter of professionalism and customer happiness

Lastly I would like to give compliment and professional sales services to SAG ultimate branch at Semenyih to the Manager (Steve **) which provide me efficient and fast respond on settling this issue. He take the responsibility to send my nephew car to the Semenyih HONDA service centre without any charges. Thank you for his staff at the SAG centre, Mr. Chin ** and En ** for the good customer care and professional attitude. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My tire was flat. I called Honda Roadside Assistance at 8:44 pm. They said they text me when arrived in one hour and half. Then I received a text at 9:06 that service come at 10:02. I was waiting in a restaurant on front and they never text me. I called again at 10:30 and never sent assistance. Called again at 11 and they sent assistance to be here at 12:52 am... and I'm still waiting... Worse experience and they provide the service through AAA.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a used car from Hendricks Honda Pompano beginning August 2018. I was looking for a used car, and I found a 2017 Infiniti QX60 that I liked. Jose (Jose **) in sales helped me, I went, I tried the car, and after some negotiation, we agree on the purchase. When in the negotiation process, I asked Jose several times if the car came with 2 set of keys for it and he said that yes the vehicle had two keys. The day I went to pick up the car, after asking for the keys Jose mentioned that the second key was in a locked place and he didn't have the key for that "place" so we will send me the second key on the mail.

After requesting the key several times, finally Jose sent me a key in the mail, and when I tried it, it didn't work. I called Jose and mentioned what happened, and he promised to help me solve the problem. After several calls and texts, I have copies, that never happened. By the end of October, the car run out of battery and I needed a jump start, so I tried to open my SUV with the key with the physical key on the fob, and to my surprise, it didn't work. So the fob did work, but the physical key didn't. Of course, the second key sent by email neither. I called the dealership for some help, knowing that Jose will not help me since he never did. I was "helped" by Dmitry (Dmitry **), after recommending to change the batteries on the fob which I did, but didn't work, I explained that I didn't have access to my car, to open the hood for the jump start.

Finally, he stated that I had to bring the car to the dealership to make the keys, and I reply to, "HOW? If I can't access the inside of the car how can I take the car to the dealership?" His answer: "TOW IT!" After a long conversation he hung up on me, and when I called him back he didn't answer my calls anymore, that's what I call customer service!!! Needing to work and desperate, I tried to call the General Manager or CEO of the company and left several messages, and he never answered back. I also called several times Jose my salesperson with the same luck.

This happened on Friday, by Monday, and losing all those days of work, I called everybody again, and they transferred me to Manny (Emanuel **). Ohhh Myyyy, what an ignorant individual, impersonating a manager. After talking for more than 30 minutes, he never understood what the situation was, so I asked him for another manager, not knowing he was not, since he presented himself as a manager and not a sales associate. The phone call went to another voice message.

Desperate at this point not knowing what to do, I talked again to the receptionist, Ariana and I beg her to transfer me with someone that would care. She was extremely professional and helpful, honestly trying to help me and she did since she transferred me to Richard (Richard **). This guy in less than 30 seconds understood and asked me to wait for a locksmith at my location. I wonder why Dmitry didn't offer this four days ago, but I was glad that someone at least was trying to help me.

To make it short the locksmith came to my place, to make the physical key, I had no idea that with no original they can do that, he opened the car, then the hood and he jumpstarted the car, everything in less than 15 minutes. I was ecstatic, I was going to be able to work again, and I began to wonder why Dmitry asked me to tow the car to the dealership to make the keys when that was NOT necessary AT ALL! I showed the second key to the Locksmith that Jose sent by mail, and the stated that that key was never for my car, once paired it can not be changed, not the fob or the physical key and if I wanted another one I had to order one from scratch.

To summarize I'm not surprised Dmitry, Jose and Manny, still work in that company if we have in mind they have as General Manager, Mark **, who is a stranger to the concept of customer service. I still have to make the extra key that was promised at the purchase of the car more than four months ago. But at least I'm happy I can use my car. Hope someone in Honda will address this issues since this is NOT the way to handle any situation or customer.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased a 2018 MDX Acura from Radley Motors, Bailey's Crossroads, VA. Water leaked into the new vehicle for an unspecified time from the passenger seat window when it rained. Misaligned door from manufacturer. Honda & dealer being sued. You cannot repair water that has been entering a vehicle for an unspecified amount of time. Will impact the electrical system. Honda & the dealer are fighting this claim and has not been responsive. The vehicle is at the dealership & car payments are being made. Honda admitted the misaligned door. Dealer delivered a new car to purchasers that leaked.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Wife purchased a 2019 Ridgeline. At 89 miles vehicle would not start and was towed to Honda. Since then the vehicle has 1200 miles and has broken down 4 times. 3 times it was towed for not starting and the only reason it wasn't towed a fourth time was that it literally broke down at the dealership after they had it for two days diagnosing why it would not start. Literally did not drive 100 feet and the transmission stopped working. Talked with customer service a few times so far. INFURIATING!!

On my first call I was informed rather quickly I would NOT be getting my money back or a new truck. When asked what they were going to do for me... wait for it... they said "They would call them and tell them to fix it right!!!" AWESOME!!! In subsequent conversations all customer service regurgitates is "warranty and repair" talking points. At NO time will they discuss the consistent breakdowns as a problem nor will they let me speak to anyone above them. They disconnected me yesterday as I refuse to sit and listen to someone rattle off the business talking points. I would think any reasonable person would expect their new vehicle to not break down 4 times in the first 1200 miles. Seems Honda doesn't mind how many times it happens. Because remember... they will call and have them fix it right. NEVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I'm your customer from Malaysia Kuala Lumpur. I buy Honda City car dated 08/08/2017. I need to make complaint because my car Honda City driver seat chair is problem, when I asking for check about 3 month, then the services company change new for me. But until now the problem still have, why the services company can't solve my proplem, when Honda staff recommend me to go another one car services center, when I call the services center, the Malay girl told me, because I am not a regular customer so I can't get appointment from their company, and I need to wait after DECEMBER '18 just can make appointment for checking my car. Can I ask you, if in few month accidentally I can appeal to court. I hope you can helping me solve the problem. Thanks & Regards.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Honda Ridgeline truck. I live on a small ranch located 3 miles off the paved road. At 23,000 miles, my check engine light came on indicating a problem with my emissions system. I was told that the emissions canister under the truck was filled with dust and dirt (from my road) and that it would cost me $700 to repair this problem. I was told that this same problem would come back every 15K to 20K miles. The service manager told me that the truck was never designed for dirt road, but rather it was a city truck. I immediately drove to the Toyota dealer and traded in the truck for something more reliable. Buyer Beware, this little detail does not appear in the Honda literature.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I can’t believe I wasted my time and money on them. I was safe but they kept me waiting for over 24 hrs for a tow. Had to call back three times. Then to boot the driver told me I could have gotten the same service faster and cheaper (if not free from AAA). You can’t rely on them and save your money for someone who cares about you and will get you towed quickly. Even sadder follow up call was automated. Don’t spend your money on them!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have owned 4 Honda/Acura vehicles in the past. I currently own a 2017 Civic hatchback and a 2017 Ridgeline. The Civic's TPMS sensor went off after a day or two of owning it. It took 3 visits to the dealer for them to figure out that there was a nail in the tire. It didn't seem to faze them that they missed this twice before. This was at Sunset Honda in San. The Civic has a dash rattle that they cannot diagnose or fix after several visits. This is at Santa Maria Honda, CA.

The Ridgeline's parking sensor warning chime comes on every time it rains. When I dropped off the car it was raining and the sensors was chiming incessantly. In spite of this fact after waiting the whole afternoon I was told the "technician" cannot reproduce the problem and it cannot be fixed. This was at Santa Maria Honda, CA. What is happening to Honda and their dealers? I don't think I will buy another Honda.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Honda's PHEV Clarity cannot properly charge at public charging stations, specifically ChargePoint with dual ports. It handles fine at home with a dedicated 30A charger. We bought the car to take advantage of an employee benefit of free charging (up to 3 hours), but the vehicle cannot sustain uninterrupted charging. Numerous attempts to restart charging will cause the vehicle to malfunction including inability to start the car. This will result in waiting for at least 3 hours to allow the system to auto-recover from the multiple plug-in/plug-out attempts. Issue has been diagnosed by a local dealer, but Honda is too slow to address the problem.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This is my 3rd Honda minivan and will be my last, since Honda doesn't want to stand behind their paint job on my van that is peeling in multiple areas. I was told by general manager at a Honda dealership to file a claim on it. I called, filed a claim. They gave me a case number. Had me take it to local Honda dealer to have it inspected. The case manager from Honda called me after about 2 weeks and told me the cost to repaint my whole van is $2,319.42 and I would have to pay $1700 of it since I'm out of warranty he said. I told him I wasn't out of warranty. When I called the man told me I was still under warranty. This case manager wanted to argue with me saying what I was told was wrong.

I just read an article on Consumer Reports that Honda extended their paint warranty to 7 years and unlimited mileage. My van was bought new 2014 and it's only 4 years old with 95k miles. I even have a body shop who fixed my tailgate under the care plan I bought additionally but they said when they went to fix the tailgate from the peeling paint it was so bad the paint came off in strips and that paint didn't adhere to the primer if any primer was even put on it. But the van is also peeling now in additional areas and Honda thinks I should have to pay $1700.

I told the caseworker if Honda had did the paint job the right way the first time I wouldn't be having this problem, I said I would be willing to split the cost to paint the whole van but will not pay most of it. This was last week. The case manager said he would relay my response and I haven't heard back from them. I have had a total of 5 minivans: 3 Hondas, 1 Nissan Quest and 1 Chrysler Town and Country and this 2014 Honda van is the only one I have ever had paint peeling off of it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

DO NOT BUY A 2018 HONDA ACCORD - DEFECT ON BLACK PAINT ON HOOD & ROOF. I went to a Honda dealership in Nashville to buy a new 2018 black Accord on September 23, 2018. The paint was ruined on both the cars they tried to sell. They offered to fix it by wet sanding it. Who wants to buy a new car that has been wet sanded? I called 2 other dealerships, and the paint was the same way. One of the dealerships transferred me in another car, and the paint is also ruined on it. The auto detailer at the dealership said all the black Accords he has seen look that way. Stain in the clear coat due to tree sap, or bugs. It looks like acid rain spots. The clear coat must be incredibly weak. If the paint already looks like this, imagine 2 years from today. Honda this is fraud to sell a brand new car that paint is destroyed. A new car should not be a damaged car.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I've owned Honda cars my whole life, and have had a 1994, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2013. Now I have a two 2018 Accord, they will be my last Hondas EVER!! Here's a list of my issues so far in my first 6 weeks/2226 miles on the car: 1. Paint defect on hood. 2. Paint defect on roof of car. 3. Paint defect on trunk of car. 4. Failed backup camera/console unit. Issues so far in my daughter’s Honda Accord first 8 months/12000 miles on the car: 1. Failed backup camera/console unit. 2. Weather stripping literally falling off driver’s front door. 3. Rattling noise that the dealership can’t hear when I take it in.

The district manager is saying it's the environment. Not true! I have not one but two 2018 Honda Accord's and it's only happening one. If it was the environment both of the vehicles would be messed up. My daughter’s Accord paint isn’t messed up and she has had it longer than I have had mine. I have another vehicle that I drive. I drive the SAME route everyday for the last year and I had the other car since 2017, it doesn’t have paint damage either. Something is wrong with the paint on the Honda Accord and I am very disappointed that Honda isn't owning up to it and fixing my vehicle. I have been driving Hondas since 1994. Besides the paint I am very pleased but unless Honda fixes my vehicle I will NEVER buy another Honda in my LIFETIME.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Don’t even waste your breath with this. I got a flat tire on the highway and all they could do for me was tow my car to the nearest dealership. Couldn’t change the flat with my own spare either- just a tow. The lady helping me said I needed to give her an exact address- well I was traveling and I had no idea where I was. Also, after 30 minutes I called the towing company they dispatched and no one was even on their way yet... ended up calling non-emergency police and they came out in 10 minutes and changed my flat to my spare. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH HONDA.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Having owned 5 Hondas over the last 15 years, I can tell you this is NOT the same company it once was! Customer Service, WAS their strong point, and was upheld to a standard that surpassed the industry. NOW it is just MAINSTREAM... MAYBE EVEN WORSE! We are getting ready to purchase our new vehicle and it will NOT be a HONDA. Not because the vehicles are faulty... but because the service standards have fallen to a level of disgust and unethical practices. I hope this review gets seen by anyone that might be considering a HONDA for their next purchase. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Windows fogging up really bad. Takes forever to defrost just the front. The rest of the windows don’t really clear up. If more than one person in the car talking can’t see anything. Have to stop the car and wait till front window clears. I called Honda and they said no one has called in on this problem. If you are having this issue please call them. This is a very dangerous situation. Can’t see out to rearview mirrors or back. I am fighting with them to give me another car. I have read people having problems and being told poor heating system in this model. They must make this right with their customers. Please Please call and complain.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My metallic gray 2009 Honda Civic has peeling and discolored paint on the hood and front fenders. I googled my issue and saw it was a common problem and covered under warranty. I took the car into my dealer and was told that the 7 year paint warranty had expired. I explained that I had never received a warranty notification and requested a warranty extension. My request was denied by the dealer and the Honda Regional Manager. I appealed to Honda American; my appeal was denied. I have been a loyal Honda customer for 23 years and am extremely disappointed with Honda for failing to stand by their product.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Early last year (2017) the paint on the roof started to peel and chip and is growing at an alarming rate. The cost to repair this runs about $5,000 in upstate NY, an extended paint warranty was given that expired in 2016 (VERY sneaky Honda). Also the starter motors are garbage, expect to replace once every 2 years or so (another $800 after labor and parts every time). Very surprised Honda has stooped this low on quality but I guess we get what we pay for. That being said no complaints about engine life, which seems to be its only strong point.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My situation: I bought a 2013 Civic SI four door in black. I was super happy until I noticed a year ago the paint started getting cloudy and white. Today it looks a lot worse and after undergoing what they call an "inspection" which was just pictures on one of the employee's phone. The case manager had the audacity to inform me that they can't help me because it looks like rock chipping. Should I laugh or just be completely upset? I can say I will no longer depend on this company when it comes to buying a reliable car. I am so disappointed!

The car's paint is suppose to have extended warranty of 7 years because of the poor quality of paint or coating they decided to use to save a few dollars. Yet they call me to ask if I would like to trade in my car right after I drive off the Aventura Dealer in Florida. For sales they are quick but the customer service is just disgusting. I will have to get a lawyer involved because this is just unacceptable. It's sad to say I am not the only one with this issue. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone and would never recommend Honda to friends and family again. Getting the car painted out of my pocket is $1000+ and It's just not going to happen. I am still paying this car off as we speak.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased Honda Activa 125 cc... All over experience is good but when we drive in night, accident is for sure. Headlight is very worst. Manufacturing people is not concerned about customer safety. I'm very disappointed with this purchase.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bunch of liars and misrepresentation. They try to switch representatives and their stories to drag on the situation. I have been a loyal Honda owner for many years. This will be my last Honda. We bought a brand new 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite. It has many many problems.

Original review: July 31, 2018

On October 10, 2017 I had my vehicle in for service with what seemed to be a miss-firing engine. My Service Advisor was Eric **. Mr. ** told me that sediment had accumulated in the bottom of the fuel tank and that they had cleaned it out. After this I began having trouble filling the tank with gas because the pump handle kept disengaging. The car was also running poorly and finally about two weeks later I could not accelerate above 25 miles per hour. At this point I took the car to another car repair shop close to my place of employment (A & M Auto Shop in Jersey City). The owner called and asked me to come down to the shop to see what he had discovered. He had begun to flush out the fuel line and found part of a rag lodged in the pipe. He dropped the fuel tank in order to remove the rest of the fabric and then also found the fingers of a plastic glove sitting inside the small enclosure to the fuel pump.

Inside of the gas tank was a wipe rag which had shed particles throughout the inside of the tank. After A & M removed the rag and glove, the car ran well for a while but the mechanic told me that he couldn't tell how much damage had been done to the fuel pump as a result of all the particles (from the rag) that had been sucked into the pump. We do not use this car extensively but planned to take it on a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia in April, 2018. While driving through Washington DC, we noticed a burning smell and the car would not accelerate above 20 miles per hour. We pulled into a Firestone Auto Care Center in Springfield, VA on Saturday afternoon around 4:40 pm. Since the store was closed on Sunday, they could not service the car until Monday morning and we had to pay for two nights in a hotel.

On Monday, the Firestone mechanic suggested replacing the catalytic converter. He did so but the problem remained the same. Firestone did not charge for the service since the problem was not fixed. They suggested that we take the car to a nearby Honda dealer. We had the car towed to the Honda dealer who could not service the car until the next day. At this point we had to pay for another night's stay in a hotel. The next day, the dealer informed us that the fuel pump had failed and must be replaced. On our way home from Virginia, the car again began running rough. I have not driven the car since then. I believe that these problems can all be traced to the particles from the rag which corrupted the fuel system.

At this point, the car still does not run properly. Since the rag and glove originated in your shop, I am asking that you restore my car to good working order at no additional charge and reimburse me for my expenses thus far -- $2158 (A&M - $475, three nights in the Wingate Hotel - $719, and Virginia Honda - $964). I have the rag and glove that was found in the fuel pump tank as well as video of these items being removed by the A & M mechanic who is willing to attest to what he found. Please contact me on ** so we can resolve this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have had two Accords, love them. No problem with them. Also, owned an Altima, has problem with the front strut. I am getting a new car and I would LOVE to get a new Accord; however, I am waiting for the 201 Nissan Altima because I live in a state that snows and the Altima will be offered with AWD. Honda quit keeping the AWD for Acuras, put them in the Accord and I bet you increase your sales. And yes, AWD is superior to FWD in the snow and ice.

Honda expert review by Jonathan Trout

Honda has been around since 1946 and is known for making cars, aircraft, power equipment and motorcycles. It offers six kinds of motorcycles, including touring, sport, adventure, cruiser, dual sport and supersport models. Prices vary by motorcycle type and model but range from about $5,000 for a dual sport motorcycle to more than $150,000 for the top supersport model.

• Touring: Ready to hit the open road in comfort? Honda offers six models of touring motorcycles made for highway riding. Touring models come with 670 to 1832 cc liquid-cooled engines and a variety of features for the road. Plan your trip with a built-in Garmin navigation system, listen to some tunes with Sirius XM radio on a surround-sound system and enjoy heated seats. Prices range from $11,000 to $24,700.

• Adventure: Honda makes seven models of adventure motorcycles made for on- and off-road riding. You can start with a base model of adventure bike and build it however you’d like. Available accessories include a 12-volt electrical socket, a center stand, a motorcycle cover, heated grips and more. Prices range from about $5,000 to $16,000 for base models.

• Cruiser: Honda cruiser motorcycles are focused on style. Choose from one of 11 base models and build your perfect cruiser with accessories, colors and engine innovations. These bikes have a low seat-height and extra-wide rear tires. View a full list of customizable options on the Honda website. Cruiser motorcycles start at $4,400 and as much as t $25,000 for base models.

• Sport: If you’re into racing, Honda has more than 10 models of motorcycles designed for speed. Like other Honda bikes, you can choose a base model and build your own. Find a full list of accessories and performance features online. Choose from things like liquid-cooled V4 engines, adjustable rear suspension and traction control. Prices start at about $3,300 and top out at about $12,200 for the higher-end sport model.

• Shopping tools: Honda includes shopping tools on their website to make purchasing a motorcycle a little bit easier. There, you can browse current deals and apply for financing and credit preapproval.

• Best for: every type of motorcycle rider who wants to build and customize their own bike.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout