Find a Car Brands partner

3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (884 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Honda

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Honda Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: April 12, 2021

Honda have good reputation for their vehicles and they last a long time if you keep them in good condition and make sure that you treat your vehicle well and maintain it. They do run well for the Honda vehicles and the company has been around a long time for the vehicles.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Now I'm officially freaked out. I bought a 2021 new HR-V from Huntington Honda (NY) and I’m discovering this new car with all this rust. I showed it to two local mechanics who are shocked and confused as to why there is rust underneath the steering column. I also noted the rust underneath my 31-day old 2021 Honda HR-V. Is this normal? And is there missing insulation in the photo next to the steering column? Is that maybe why these models make a horrible annoying noise when driving 35 plus miles an hour? I’m talking about a piercing whistling noise whenever I crack open a window or moon roof, which according to Huntington Honda, the noise appeared in 2 other 2021 HR-Vs they test drove, and I’m supposed to live with this as if it’s normal.

There’s video of this whistling issue in YouTube regarding a 2018 HR-V. In the comments for that video, you’ll see many other Honda HR-V owners complain about the same issue. Did I buy a lemon? Does Honda make bad cars or does Huntington just sell a batch of badly built Hondas. I'm wondering if the 0% APR was just a ploy so they could get rid of defectively built cars. I bought this new HRV because I wanted a safe vehicle for my family. The purchase was supposed to be such a joyous thing. What a mistake! My entire family is flipping out! What the hell else is wrong w this car?

Anyone experiencing this with the new Hondas or cars from Huntington Honda? Would I have had a better luck at a different Honda dealer? Should I have bought a Toyota, Nissan, or Hyundai? I'm super stressed about how much I spent on this car, and no one from the dealer is calling me back, responding timely or willing to help me resolve this. BTW, here's the YouTube video of the horrible noise that these Hondas are making. **

Original review: April 1, 2021

Do you think you’re getting a good deal when you buy a Honda. It turns out that the way they make their money off he was by nickel and dime and you throughout the ownership experience. The dealers will make money off you with the ridiculous service intervals from the car. The financial services part of Honda will make money off of you from hitting you with all sorts of fees. The cost of ownership of a Honda is much higher than people realize, because the company‘s business model is to sell good cars are reasonable prices, and then screw you for the remainder of your ownership experience. This was my first Honda, and it will be my last. I have since moved on and bought an Audi, and while the upfront cost is higher, the ownership experience is night and day different. I don’t feel like I’m getting screwed over every single interaction I have with the dealer or the company.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Bought brand new 2020 Honda goldwing and it stalled slowing down multiple times. Was charged fee to not find a problem that they said to make a case w Honda directly. It stalled again and corporate told me to screw and pay for the diagnostic again. Paid 28000$ for bike and they nickel and dime you over not backing their product.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I purchased a new 2020 Honda Talon from Nash Motorsport, Mesa, AZ. I purchased the pre-paid service contract and extended warranty. I live in Mesa, Arizona and the vehicle has been ridden in AZ and once in Southern CA. The vehicle has never been in snow, sand dunes or extensive mud. Most of the driving is typical to the Box Canyon area in AZ or Queen Valley; sand roads and routes. Very rarely has LOW gear ever been used except for a few steep hills.

The transmission would not stay in gear during a hill climb and I turned it into Dealer for service immediately not to cause more damage in November. The vehicle is still there. The warranty customer support is horrible to deal with and no escalation process except open claim. They call you back with same answer. NO escalation process. Honda has out right lied and said the vehicle was driven in a way it was not and the damage was caused by switching back and forth between low and high. This is an out right lie.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I leased a 21 passport with my husband last month from Honda. The sales team was great, price was good and team was friendly -unfortunately this car has some issues! I don’t blame the dealer. I blame the maker (Honda). Since we bought the car I have been driving it back and forth to work and with my son. After a car wash one day I had noticed rust behind the wheels. I told my husband about it he said it wasn’t like this when we bought it.

About week later I started to notice a weird feeling when driving so I gave my husband the car to drive. After him driving it he feels it has some transmission issues. Between that and the rust he was super pissed. He contacted Honda hq and brought it for service. The manager was super helpful and nice my husband said but unfortunately after the visit the rep that came from hq told us the car is normal! I’m sorry rusty/not proper functioning transmission is not normal. I am very unhappy that I do not feel safe to drive this car and now every month I have to pay for something I can’t even get behind the wheel. My husband's friend has the 20 passport. No issues. No rust. No transmission problems. Why is this the issue with the 2021? Issues after a little over a month of ownership not a good look. Awful job Honda!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I recently received a recall notice for a new Honda SXS we purchased. The recall was for a safety issue related to the steering joint assembly. They say they will repair it "free of charge". Keep in mind, upon receipt of this notice it is no longer safe to operate the vehicle until an inspection/repair is performed. Thus, rendering the vehicle unusable. The local dealer wants to charge to come pickup the unit or the owner must bring the unit to the dealer for the inspection/repair.

Due to COVID-19 we decided to go with the first option. However, that's an additional $100-$150 charge from the dealer for a problem that Honda created! Asked American Honda is they would reimburse and they decided to recite the warranty which exempts them from paying for the transportation. Under normal circumstances this would be acceptable, however, due to COVID one would think they would make an exception and do the right thing for a lifelong customer. NOPE! There are simply too many choices out there when it comes to vehicles and too many other companies willing to do the right thing. Honda will never see my business again and I would recommend anyone looking for a Honda to reconsider and go with a more customer oriented organization that would be more deserving of your business.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My 2019 Honda is at the dealership for a covered warranty repair and my parts to fix it are on back order so I should get a loaner car or rental in the meantime... Wrong! Honda’s policy no rental or loaner car even if the car is under warranty. So don’t buy from Honda! You will be screwed if your car has to stay for an extended period of time for a repair. Mine has been there for more than 30 days and I’m left with a rental car bill.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I bought 2018 Honda Accord about a month ago and it already had fuel injector problem! After I took it to a Honda dealership in Burnsville to fit it it stated to smell like gas in my vehicle after they fixed it. I took it back to them and they said, "Keep driving it because we don’t see any leaks." That’s where I went to back to the Brookdale Luther dealership to try and change the car out but they said it past the 5 day grace period. So they connected me with the service people to try and fix the problem but they told me to go back to Burnsville dealership because they're the ones who started the job and they have to finish it otherwise we going to have to charge just to look at it. I also got a extended warranty with Honda.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This is about Shellharbour City Motors Honda Dealership. ---They even don't know how to do a business--- Okay, on the phone they say car (Honda Civic) is only driven 500 kilometres and comes at $24000 with $500 accessories. They say they can consider bringing it down a bit if meet in person. They say the offer expires on 31st December.

When you go meet them, they said the car is 1500 kilometres instead of 500 kilometres. They say they cannot bring the price down (firm at $24000, which I think would be okay). But terrible manager says accessories will not be included. (even if the offer is valid until 31st December). If you go few days later, and ask for $24000, they said they cannot sell it at that price. They said they updated the price which is $24990. (wait...didn't you say that offer is valid until 31st December? and I'm making offer on 28th December.) Why wasting time of busy people if you cannot stick to your words and promises? This is enough, I am getting a good offer from Volkswagen and Kia who at least keep their promises.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I have owned the 2020 Honda Passport for 4 months. It has been in the shop more than I’ve had it, trouble with clunking in drivetrain when backing (not constantly). Previous pulling to the right issues, Break safety light issues, rattle in steering wheel, now stereo speakers on one side going out. Honda won’t back their product, won’t allow dealer to replace parts to try to get it resolved. I don’t trust this vehicle. So disappointed in Honda. Our last pilot lasted 193,000 miles and 13 years I loved it. I should’ve just kept it!

Honda Company Information