Find a Roadside Assistance Services partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: June 15, 2021

Great job Good Sam! It’s now 24 hours since your 24-hour emergency service ABANDONED US IN THE DESERT. IT WAS 100 DEGREES. Still no help. Maybe someone will come and find our bones at some point? By the way, 24 hour service is a joke! We kept trying to call and be in contact. Your 24 hour service CLOSED at 9 pm last night!!! RIP OFF!!! REFUND PLEASE!!!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Had my car towed 5 miles and had to pay an additional $40 for the service. Spoke to a representative after the fact to see why I was charged the additional charge when it was only 5 miles away and was told I was wrongly charged, but that I had to submit in writing a request for a refund. Just received the letter saying it was denied. Could've paid $60 to have it towed, without having to pay the additional membership costs. Also had to wait 2 hours for the tow truck to arrive. The whole process was inconvenient. Had to call in, then while on the phone with the representative, had to log in on my phone to submit all the information online. It was fine if you just need a jump, but save your money on their membership and just buy one of those jump start boxes and do that yourself. I immediately canceled my membership and joined AAA.

Resolution response: June 7, 2021

After I wrote this review. I called Good Sam again. The service rep. got right to work in solving my issue. That was 2 days ago (Saturday). Today (Monday) I got a call 1st thing this morning from Good Sam telling me they had arranged to pick up my RV and tow it to the first Truck repair place it was originally supposed to go to. Needless to say I was impressed. The tow is supposed to happen today. While this has been tough to deal with, at least Good Sam is making an effort to correct the mistakes that were made. I'll update this review if a monkey wrench gets thrown into this new arrangement. I do want to thank Good Sam for this follow up.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I don't know where to begin. My Motorhome broke down 3 weeks ago in the middle of nowhere. I have the unlimited mileage package to a place that will repair it. I found a truck repair shop and Good Sam first agreed to tow it there, then refused. They said they found another place closer. It has been at that place 3 weeks and it is not an RV/Truck repair shop. That place just looked at it yesterday (after 3 weeks!). I'll have to pay to tow it to a Truck repair, 90 miles away. Good Sam Roadside assistance is a Joke! I spent over 5 hours on the phone with different customer service representatives while broken down. How does this service give me peace of mind? (It doesn't.) I am still in disbelief over this entire incident. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Original review: June 2, 2021

We got Good Sam RV and Roadside Assistance about 6 weeks ago. This morning my daughter got locked out of her running car in Tacoma, WA. I told her to call Good Sam Roadside Assistance. She was told the wait time would be 55-85 minutes. I called because that is not an acceptable amount of time since she's in Tacoma, not in the middle of nowhere. They told me that the company was having problems getting a driver and said they would be there in 30 minutes, which would have been an hour after the call was put in. I called again after 90 minutes after she put in the call. I was told it was going to be another 15 minutes. When they finally showed up 110 minutes after her call, the guy said they had just gotten the call. My guess is they had to switch companies. So my daughter missed over 2 hours of work.

Original review: May 30, 2021

Going Camping with my RV on May 24, 2021, I had a blowout on the 5th wheel 6 miles from Scottsdale AZ. at 10:06 am. Called Good Sam Roadside Assistance to get help to install spare tire. They said I would hear back from someone as soon as help was arranged. I received 3 text messages over the next hour saying they were sorry for the delay. I called back and they said they could not find a service provider but would keep trying. Finally I received a text from a towing company saying they would be there in 2 hours.

After another hour and a half I called the towing company and they said that Good Sam never really authorized them and so they could not respond. I called Good Sam and they seemed very confused and the lady said she could not help. It had to be a supervisor. Finally talked to a supervisory and he got it straightened out. At 4 pm the tow truck arrived to change the tire. Over 5 hours waiting in Arizona heat just about put me over the edge. The Tow Truck driver that came said Good Sam screws it up a lot and recommended AAA which I used to have and never had an issue.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been a member of Good Sam for a few years and have used their service 3-4 different times. Each time, it has been way more frustrating than it needs to be. You call them and the first thing they ask is, "Where are you?" I am holding a phone with a GPS built in, and I have to explain to them verbally where I am. They discontinued their mobile app instead of using it as the means of communicating with them. I SHOULD be able to go to their app (that no longer exists), hit a button calling for help, and have them TELL ME where I am. (The Uber driver knows what airport door I am standing at!)

I should be able to track the tow truck driver coming to me (like I can track my groceries coming via Insta-Cart). When I was charged automatically to renew, I went to the website to cancel. No way to cancel on the website. The "contact us" button returned an error. I called the number for "assistance" and waited several minutes because "all our operators are busy." To their credit, I was finally able to talk to someone and cancel.

It COULD be so good, with the right technology, but the execution is so poor. They need to hire that "Profit" guy to come in and overhaul their entire business. (In case you don't know, he happens to be the CEO of Good Sam. Amazing, huh.) A service like this needs to be easy to use. It needs to have tracking built in. It needs to make use of the common technology that would make it great.

Instead, Good Sam is stuck in a time warp, using phones and verbal directions (when you blow a tire on the interstate, you generally have no idea what town you are technically in or where you are, unless you happen to be right next to a mile marker.) Oh, and once you join, they will continue to charge your credit card year after year after year until you explicitly cancel. I even changed credit card numbers after losing my card, but they figured out how to charge the new one.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I cancelled the service after a year. They kept charging my credit card and acted like I never cancelled it. Completely unbelievable company! Do they think people don't check their credit card statements or something.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I just wanted to make everyone aware...Please do NOT accept a membership with Good Sam Roadside Assistance! On 4/15/21, we were headed to the mountains, on vacation on 1-65N, when we had a tire blow out on our motorhome. We were on the side of the interstate and I mean close. I immediately called the GS number at 2:10pm and was told by Gordon that they would dispatch a tire service out of Montgomery (which was 14 miles) from us and it would be approximately (up to) 90 minutes but no more than. No one ever reached out to us.

After an hour and 45 minutes I called back to the GS number and spoke to Kyle and he said he would see what was going on and call me back. He didn’t call me back! So after sitting there 2-1/2 hours, I called back and got Gordon again. Well, he put me on hold and after 5 minutes or more, he came back to the phone and said it was going to be another 90 minutes!

At that point, I told him to cancel the order and the $418.26 (had already been charged to my credit card) for the new tire and service. Well, that took 3 days to get credited to my cc. As soon as we got home from vacation, needless to say I canceled my roadside platinum complete. Yes, they did credit my membership of $219.95 a few days later. The reason I purchased this was for peace of mind BUT it didn’t work! FYI...After canceling with GS on the interstate that day. I googled a Mobil Tire Service out of Montgomery and they had a gentlemen there with a new tire in 20 minutes! So, please do yourself a favor and do NOT use Good Sam!!!

Original review: April 25, 2021

I don't, or didn't until last week, have any experience with needing roadside assistance, so I don't know if this is a good or bad review. I know I'm no longer confident with Good Sam. This was my 3rd year with Good Sam, and I have the Platinum Complete plan because when I bought my used motorhome I didn't want to stress and worry about what to do if something happened. One call to take care of it seems like a good deal. All has been pretty good until I had a 60 mph blowout on the left front of that motorhome. I wasn't very concerned at first, after all I had Good Sam's best plan. So I called, the agent was very cordial and dispatched a new tire and the tech to perform a road change. Then, even after paying my annual dues, I had to come up with ALL $676 for the service right out of my pocket, now I have to worry if I'll ever get reimbursed.

I had to call the shop they hired to get pictures of the tire because the agent didn't run me thru the process, and Good Sam doesn't tell you it is nothing more than an insurance policy....not really a true roadside assistance program because not only does the member have to take care of everything themselves to make sure they get reimbursed, they have to sit on pins and needles waiting an unspecified time just to find out if they will get their reimbursement. I still don't know if I will. I sent the pics in and received no confirmation, I sent a follow-up email to attempt to get confirmation and still haven't heard anything. I feel as though I'm being ignored. If this is a normal Roadside Program customer treatment, then Good Sam is outstanding and this is a positive review.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I honestly don't know how I didn't find this company years ago! So much money is saved and they are the fastest company at getting the help I need. Reliable, safe, trusting, and for the price is ridiculous the amount you save with them. 10 stars for sure!

Original review: April 14, 2021

We had to use our so called coverage yesterday, we were traveling home from a cross county trip in our Dodge 3500, we didn’t have our fifth wheel with us. Our truck started blowing smoke and making noise. We pulled over and called Good Sam for a tow after speaking to a repair shops who said “do not drive it, have it towed.” I called Good Sam at 2:30 in the afternoon. I was told that we could ONLY be towed to a local Walmart, because that was our closest location. However Walmart does not work on Diesel engines and the representative confirm this with Walmart but said that’s all they would offer us. I was then hung up on when I asked if they would provide that in writing.

I called again and was told the same thing, we would only be towed to Walmart and left there overnight in the parking lot and could call them again the next morning. I made sure they were aware we didn’t have our 5th wheel and were in our truck with our kids. They said they understood but unless we wanted to pay out of pocket for the tow Walmart was it. So we called several diesel shops and finally found one that would let us have the truck towed and try and diagnose the next day. So, we called Good Sam again, they said yes they would have it towed to the location. (Only 13 miles away,) but we will be responsible for anything over 6 miles. We were upset but agreed because what else could we do, they said the tow truck would be there within an hour.

When the tow company texted they said it would be 2 hours!!! Still ok,,, not happy but we are literally stuck. What else can we do. I asked our representative about the trip interruption insurance since we were clearly stranded for hotel coverage and she said “I have no idea, you need to talk to someone.” I would run from this company. Do yourself a favor and do not get a policy with them. Keep in mind we have the platinum complete level, the most expensive.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I had a flat tire on my 30 foot travel trailer at 10:30 am in the middle of Houston. I called Good Sam immediately and was told it would be 60 minutes. The service provider sent a text later that said 60 to 75 minutes. When that provider never showed, I called again and was told that the 1st provider decided that they could not provide the service and that another provider was coming. That company told me another 45 to 50 minutes. They never showed either. I called Good Sam again. Told that a 3rd provider would come- another 45 minutes. I called that provider and he told me he did not change tires on travel trailers. So on the phone with Good Sam again and a 4th provider is called.

I demand to speak to a manager and am told that they will call me back the next week. I called my office and got on of our mechanics to change my tire and left the scene and telling Good Sam that I had called someone else. At 1:30, I get a call from the fourth provider saying he was on scene to repair my tire. Really? 3 hour to get a tire changed (with a working spare) in a huge metropolitan area. Ridiculous.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Coming home from vacation in Florida towing a Travel Trailer we hit a pot hole and got a flat. Called Good Sam and they sent someone to change the flat. The person arrived in a passenger vehicle and was not equipped to change the tire. We had a keyed lug nut but no key. We then requested a tow for the truck and travel trailer and was told we would be contacted with an ETA soon. After several calls to Good Sam we were told it was escalated to the highest level but still no estimate. About 5 hours later a tow truck stopped (not from Good Sam) and changed our flat in about 20 minutes. We gladly paid out of pocket $104 and were back on the road.

Were were told by Good Sam to request a claim and they would decide if they would refund us the cost of the service. We made that claim and are hoping for the refund. There were about 12 other vehicles that hit the same pot hole and we were the last ones on the side of the road. What's the use in having roadside assistance if you get no assistance when you need it. Very unhappy with Good Sam, and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 9, 2021

We have had this insurance for many years. We have only tried unsuccessfully to use it 3 times. The last time was 02?29/21. WE had a blow-out on travel trailer on I-65. We waited 4 hours and eventually my 85 year old husband changed the tire. We were only 20 miles from B'ham so getting someone there should have been no problem. The same thing happened the 2 times before. I can only get a partial refund and of course, they declined to pay for my husband to make the change. If you are counting on service, forget them. Why do you pay for insurance? We would rather never have to use it but when you need help they should come through.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I began my membership with Good Sam last year at the height of the Corona pandemic when they were offering highly discounted membership packages and at a time like now when money is hard to come by. I entrusted Good Sam as I travel with my family often and signed up. I’ve made three calls in the last year, (tire blow, snow stuck and a tow home once) and in doing so Good Sam decided I was too costly to keep as a customer and canceled my membership. They take advantage of customers with no regard to GOOD business practices. This seems to be a habit they have as I see in other reviews. Save your money and time and purchase roadside thru your auto policy or AAA. Spread this to others, because when choosing a provider to come through in the most challenging times, you want a company whose behind %100 and not just when you DON'T need them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have dealt with cops taking bribes in Mexico who had more honor than these clowns. Sara ripped our company off for 250 dollars by lying about the mileage of a trip we did for them. Took 3 days to get what little we received. I have blocked their numbers and would shut my business down before I'll ever do business with these clowns!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The claims department works hard, but not for the member. They work hard for the company. When I submitted my claim, I was required to submit information as many would be expected to. It started when I called the dispatch while traveling through Oklahoma. The representative was very flustered and didn’t seem like he knew what he was doing. He had a heavy accent which gives me the impression that this is outsourced overseas. He said to take some pictures of the tire, then take it to get repaired. Once repaired send Good Sam the pictures and invoice and they will reimburse you up to 900 dollars for a tire and wheel if necessary.

I took the RV in for repairs and once the repairs were complete, I took the RV to the nearest recommended tire shop. I had the tire replaced along with a tire on the truck which required repair from a nail. There was no charge for the truck, but the tire for the RV was replaced. I submitted that information to Good Sam and they denied my claim stating that they were not able to determine if it was road hazard related.

This is not about the money. This is about how they treat members. I have been a member of Good Sam and never had to use their insurance. The one time I did, they gave me the **. I have calculated over 600 dollars in membership, not to include many of their other services. This was a bad experience from the beginning, and I will never give another dime to Good Sam again. Even though I have a house in the city, I have been a full-time RV’r for almost 3 years now. I will make sure that every person I talk to knows my experience with Good Sam.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have had Good Sam Roadside Assistance in the past and had very good luck with them. I had to call them one night at around 11:30pm and they had someone out to assist me within 30 minutes. I had another company prior to Good Sam and they took so much longer to get someone to assist me.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased your are satisfied with Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Have a good day and thank you for your membership.

Best Regards,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Broke down on a Sunday afternoon in Southern Arizona (18 miles east of Eloy and 45 miles west of Tucson). This area is better known as the middle of nowhere. Wife and 3 young children in our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Coasted to a suitable place to pull over and immediately called Good Sam. The rep (Niesha) checked my coverage and said our 50 mile tow would be 100% covered! Unheard of. Amazing. Niesha texted me the names and tel numbers of both the tow company and the repair facility my Jeep would be towed to. She’s said the tow would arrive in an hour. They arrived in 30 minutes. Again - Unheard of. Amazing. Good Sam’s 3 letter competitor cannot match this; cannot touch this; not even close. GS just earned a member for life!

Hello Phillip,

Have a good day and thank you for your membership.

Best Regards,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I told myself I would not do any negative reviews on any businesses I dealt with due to the pandemic and everyone being stressed. But yesterday 29 Dec 2020 I had to clutch my pearls at how disgustingly rude I was treated by two people on the phone and then I was hung up on both times. I actually had to tell the rep that I am the CUSTOMER and He should not raise his voice at me. No matter the issue I presented, it did not warrant the treatment I received as a paying customer.

My husband has also been talked to very disrespectfully when we tried to get assistance while on the road. Before any rep can come and discredit me, listen to the recordings that I had to agree to. I want no one's job to be impacted but this company needs some serious training in customer relations. Also, to clarify I stopped my payment to them because the last 3 times we tried to file a claim so small issues, we were denied. I wanted ask if my current situation is covered before I made my payment by phone and that's when I was treated with no respect, when they saw my payment was rejected. Thus....the reason I called to get assistance. I’m sure I won’t get my situation corrected now but I will let others know how awful I was treated and I will take my hard earned $200 a month to another company.

Hello Leaka.

We apologize for the experiences you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We would like to look into these matters further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

As a subscriber I thought info about our RV would be in the system. It was not. Dispatcher could not find our location, insisted we did not know where we were, 2 block from home. After 16 min we gave up.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

After more than 10 phone calls and they'll be there at 5:48, they'll be there 9:30, they'll be there at 12:20am. I am still waiting for help. It's been almost 15 hours. They keep saying, "We'll "expedite" your claim." It's 4:30am.

Hello Marsha,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

STAY AWAY: I just had my 2015 Tiffin towed 52 miles to a Cummins dealer. It broke down in an area that I had no cell service, had to walk to use a landline. The call I made was to a towing service not Good Sam. With using someone else's phone is the issue of calling them and GS having to call back many times to get this done. And the possibility of the wrecker not showing up and having to walk back to use someone else's phone. Long story short by me not calling GS first they REFUSED to pay the towing bill. As it says in the program details call WITHIN 24 hrs and I did this. FYI- Tow bill was $1500.00 for a 42 ft motorhome.

Hello Matt,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

When I signed up for this service I was told that I would be covered for tows up to 25 miles. The first time I used them they said it was now 10 miles and I would need to pay overages for anything over that. I just needed them again and now they are saying the limit is 2 miles. The car is 1 mile from my house but they are saying their system shows it's 2 miles and they want to charge for overages again. This is the worst service ever. I'm cancelling my policy.

Hello Octaviop,

Thank you for your time and post. We apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Please provide your membership number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I lost a wheel bearing in Wyoming and had to be towed about 50 miles to get to a repair facility. I called Good Sam and they wanted to send out a Mobil mechanic. It was 11 o’clock at night. The grease had caught fire because it had got so hot. I had pulled the hub and could tell the spindle on the axel was ruined and I knew I would have to have a new axel.

I have worked as a mechanic so I knew what I was talking about. They refused the tow. The wind was blowing hard and the roads were slick. I did not want to sit alongside the highway waiting on a Mobil mechanic knowing they couldn’t help me. I called customer service a few days later and never heard back from them. I’ve had this service for several years and have never had a claim before now. This service is not worth having. It doesn’t do any good to call customer service.

Hello Ray,

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I signed up 1 - 1/2 years ago and did not need the service until today. Got a flat on the 5th wheel, called, waited 2.5 hours - no show. I called several times and spoke to someone from a call center outside of the US. No show! Changed the tire myself with my wife. After we repaired ourselves (2.5 hours after our call) they returned one of my calls to say they would come in 1 - 2 hours! Don’t waste you money on this service! I will be calling and demanding a full refund.

Hello Karl,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

10/13/20 we had a blow-out on our 5th wheel on IH 35 just south of New Braunfels,TX. We started calling for service at 10:00 and at 11:00 were told service would show up in 1 1/2 hours. At 12:30 we called again and at 1:00 were told service would come at 2:00. At 2:00 were told they would be their in an hour. So at 4:00 I changed the tire myself and drove home. At 5:00 the service called and said they would be there in 20 minutes, I told them to forget it that I changed the tire myself. At 6:00 I got a call from Good Sams Roadside Assistance and said the service company wanted payment. I told them they never showed up and not to pay. After reading other reviews this seems to be common practice for Good Sams Roadside Assistance. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS REVIEW AS A WARNING NOT TO BUY THIS SERVICE AS THEY DO NOT FULFILL THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO THEIR CLIENTS.

Hello Greg,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experiences. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Updated on 12/16/2020: So, this is an update of my review from October 2020. I have been in contact several times, and was told many times that my membership fees would be reimbursed then they reversed it saying I received services! Even tho no mobile mechanic actually came out. Then I received a call saying they couldn't prove the company was dispatched and apologized, yet I still don't have my money. What a scam! Maybe I'll update to 2 stars if I ever get my money, but definitely no more than that. I would never recommend Good Sam to anyone.

Original Review: My yearly subscription had lapsed this October, and even though my experience with Good Sam hadn't been the best in the past, I renewed with them. I chose them over AAA because their prices were similar, but my vehicle didn't need to be registered to receive service. I was towed this July and still have not been reimbursed, though I was told it was an eligible tow. And I requested a mobile mechanic on Monday and it's Wednesday afternoon now and I'm still waiting on confirmation that someone is actually coming out. Hardly anyone has been in contact.. It's just a frustrating waiting game!

Hello Ambrosia,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experiences. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situations you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into these matters further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

We waited 2 hours before they could find a towing service that was in their network etc. Called back numerous times to hear they were... working on it. Meanwhile, my 78-year-old mother was waiting on the side of the interstate in the dark (unable to even turn on flashers). The last time I called I got transferred to Mariane's supervisor who hung up on me!!! Furious. She has paid for Good Sam for 16 years and never used it and IS A PLATINUM USER! RIDICULOUS. MORE LIKE BAD SAM.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your mothers experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation she has had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide her Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Beware the Good Sam Club Roadside Assistance debiting system! if you have RAP coverage through Good Sam and it's set to auto renew, REGARDLESS the fact that you have it set up to renew on a certain day AFTER PAYDAY, REGARDLESS the fact that an RAP Agent will ASSURE YOU that you have nothing to worry about - THEY WILL debit your account up to 2 WEEKS EARLY! They'll do this AFTER Close Of Business - between 8-11pm and even if you call them within 12 hours to STOP the ensuing bounce and subsequent NSF Fees you'll incur, THEY'LL NOT BE ABLE or WILLING to STOP the POS from taking place. NOW, you'll be screwed!

They'll happily refund your premium - 5-7 DAYS later but you'll not be getting any love so far as THAT NSF charge - or any other compensation for the damages which THEY just SINGLE HANDEDLY created. While I still respect National General and carry an insurance Ryder on my camper through THEM as well as an ESP/Tire and wheel damage plan, GS RSA is dead to me now. I highly recommend TVCMCA - Travel Club Motor Club America (bills @ $19 monthly) and H.O.G. for my scooter and my truck - and personally, I'll never hold another Good Sam RSP in my life.

Hello Gypsy,