Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.33/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Today was last straw, I could not get my remote entry to work on my tow vehicle and keys were inside. I called for lock out service. I was told assistance was 40 minutes away which was reasonable. An hour and 10 minutes later and no assistance. Called road side service again and was told the driver couldn't be contacted by the dispatcher and Good Sam had had problems with the provider in the past. Shame on Good Sam. If you representative know that they are unreliable why do you keep using them. You are responsible for the companies you contract with. I went with Good Sam thinking that the would be the best for my RV. I have already cancelled my service with them and went back to AAA. AAA has always provided my wife excellent service.

Hello Ivan,

Ella

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Broke down, at 11 pm, barely off the side of the road, pouring rain, cold temps and the Good Sam rep was already informed our vehicle was not safe and we needed it towed. She said it would be 90 minutes to 4 hours. An hour later, we called to give our landline phone # in case we wouldn't get a text back at our house. She asked if it could sit there until tomorrow, because she was having trouble finding someone to come out??? So much for 24 hour emergency roadside assistance.

Hello Timothy,

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I did not have a good spare, just the rim as tire was lost on the highway. They tried selling me 2 tires & I said no, just the one. Called me back with a complete sales pitch... Where they don't let you get a word in, how excited he was to find me 2 tires for $550. I said, "No, that isn't what I asked for." Then tried sneaking on additional charges... Still ended up paying $273 for a $40 tire. Thanks a lot. I trusted these guys not to be scam artists. Still charged me to dispose of my old tire, even though I told him there was no old tire.

Hello Julie,

Ella

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Friends we were staying with, allowed me to use their vehicle, since mine was covered in snow. Headed down the driveway, got too close to edge, snow bank from the plow sucked the vehicle in. Called GS. Was told that since this was not a paved road they could not help me, since tow truck might get stuck. Explained that it was a wide, plowed road, frozen solid gravel, -20 degrees in MN, that no tow truck would be in danger or get stuck. Still refused me service. Asked for his supervisor, refused. Called GS today, and was met with disbelief that I wasn't helped!!! Should have talked to a supervisor. He apologized, over and over, but that doesn't go very far with me.

A couple of years ago I submitted a claim for our RV. Waited and waited for response or payment. Finally, after many months, I called them. Claimed they had never gotten my claim form. Sent me another one. I filled it out, resent in envelope GS provided, and waited some more. Another phone call. Finally after just about a year we did get some settlement, but feel the service was terrible.

Hello Jenine,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have been members of Good Sam for 17 years, on January 28 2019 our pickup truck had a driveline issue and we called for a tow. Good Sam set it up and gave us the time estimate when the tow truck would be there, after that time passed I called the provider who informed me they were min of 8 hours out. I told them what Good Sam quoted me and they said there was no way they agreed to that. I called Good Sam back and after getting many excuses, they said they could not find anyone to tow my truck and I should find my own tow and they would reimburse me.

I could hardly believe it, they just left me out on my own and were not willing to help out at all. I made one call and found a tow truck service that could be there in one hour, why couldn't Good Sam do that? I have been paying them for many years and when I really needed them all I received was some of the poorest service possible. I will share my story to as many people as possible.

Hello Thomas,

Ella

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I recently had a blowout on my RV. The experience of getting help was good and the only reason for the 1 Star. Problem came when I returned home and applied for my refund of expenses under the road hazard program. I found the response from some people rude, dismissive, and lied to. They kept ignoring my request to speak to a Manager and told me several times they weren’t there. I followed the instructions given at the time of the blowout and then told I did it wrong and since I did not save the tire for inspection the claim was denied. I did get $900 of the $1261 refunded but only after many phone calls and hours of being handed off and lied to. They have more than one program and with the names being close I was sold something that was close but not what I thought I bought. Result was $300 loss and way too much grief. 90% of the people I dealt with are not interested in customer service.

Hello Ken,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Motor home broke down at campground, called Good Sam, they sent out mechanic in about 2 hrs. He determined it was my fuel pump, called them back the next day and they sent out tow truck (who had to come from 2 1/2 hrs away and towed us to mechanic. They did an excellent job at getting us out of a big bind, they did all the footwork getting someone out in a timely manner. Thank you Good Sam.

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and sharing your experience with roadside assistance. We are pleased to hear of the outstanding service you received. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Have a good day and thank you for your membership.

Ella

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Last night we experienced every RVer's worst nightmare. A front tire blowout in the dark, pouring down rain on a busy CA freeway. Our call to Good Sam can only be described as a total joke! We clearly needed a tow, but no. The only recourse they would offer was to transfer us to their tire department whose plan was to send out a service person with a tire (after they could track one down) and change it. We were incredulous. This was at 8:00 pm. Who knows how long it would have taken for them to locate the right tire, a service person and have them dispatched? Not to mention the fact that we had serious concerns about our rim since the tire had been shredded. The representative said the extent of damage would be assessed when service person arrived. And if there was damage to the rim, THEN a determination would be made. Pretty sure we would have been on the side of that freeway until the wee hours of the morning.

We asked repeatedly for a tow. We knew there was a reputable tire store within 5 miles of our location but they refused. Said this is their protocol. Guess what? We called AAA RV+, they sent tow truck no problem and dropped us at the tire store. No questions, no argument, just the kind of service you expect from a roadside assistance program, particularly when you are in a precarious situation. I will be canceling this membership and write reviews everywhere I can about this bogus "roadside assistance" service. We were shocked and amazed as we had always believed Good Sam's reputation for RVer's was one of the best. We will definitely be keeping our AAA RV+ and also look into FMCA.

Hello Denise,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was a member with AAA for nearly 25 years. Gold Member status. Good Sam bombard me with advertisement about having so many advantages over AAA. Well, I soon learned that was not the case. There were multiple request for us to upgrade to the Platinum Membership. Simply, we made the leap for the service. After a few untimely calls, a total of 4 we were canceled. Refund given back on a 3 year membership. Valid thru 8/16/2019. After several calls on requesting why we were canceled finally a customer service agent told me the truth. We made a call over the allotment and it was determine my account was not profitable. Shame on Good Sam Road Assistance on false advertisement. Telling customers there are no limit on the calls you can make for assistance. Well back to being a loyal member to AAA. Worthy of my business that I should have never left.

Brian,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Although this company is known primarily for RV roadside service & we don't have an RV, we switched from AAA several years ago after reading online reviews and appreciating the fact that all my household members, such as adult children, while still living at home/under 25 years of age, could be members. This is perfect for a family with multiple college students. From the first phone call to any renewal calls or questions, I had never spoken to a single customer service rep that I could say was friendly. Still though, the perks of having my entire family safeguarded kept me with them. We also have always toyed with getting an RV, so it made sense.

Personally, I have only used their service once in the several years we had them when we had a dead battery while on vacation. They did take double the time estimated to reach us, (2 hours instead of 1), but we were so thankful for the help we didn't dwell on that. That was about 2 years ago. My daughter used their service herself once after a bad car accident about 6 months ago. Other than that, one of my sons used them for key lockout a couple times and that's what I know.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I get a check in the mail from them with only a note of "Cancelled" on the check stub. Odd since we were still about a month away from our renewal, so I logged into my account online and saw my membership was inactive and canceled. I immediately called in to see what was going on. The rude customer service rep, rather than being helpful or understanding, told me we were canceled for "excessive use" and he did not have access to explain more specifics. True story. If he didn't have access to the records explaining how we were excessive, who would? I tried asking, but he was too busy interrupting me. I asked why, instead of finding out from a $23 check stub, someone didn't call to alert me? We had no idea, therefore had obviously not retained another roadside assistance provider.

What if we'd have had an accident and found out that way? That would have been quite a kick while we were down. They were never friendly then that treatment was even worse once they spoke to us when we were canceled. To say it's unprofessional not to notify someone by mail, phone, or email is an understatement. Frankly, I believe it was cruel, unusual, and amoral. I don't know what their definition for excessive use is since even their own customer service reps couldn't tell me, but it would appear minimal use with no warning of revoking their service. I was shell-shocked and keep asking myself if we should have seen something like this coming since everyone we spoke with at this company seemed miserable.

Kelly,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and your phone number so I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was in my second year of the roadside assistance plan which advertises that it covers all family vehicles. My wife and daughter had a string of bad luck and we had four service calls in a couple months - 1 accident towing, two stuck in the mud pullouts and one flat tire. We asked the associate if there was a limit to the number of calls we can make. She said no it was unlimited but shortly after the last call I received a cancellation letter on my policy saying I had made too many calls. I understand that companies have to make a profit but they should either State the maximum number of calls you could make or not cancel your policy for making too many calls. This is just a bad business. I would not recommend this roadside assistance plan to anyone and I am also canceling my Good Sam's membership and not doing business with any Good Sam associated companies.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. Please allow us to review the cancellation of your membership, also please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Members renewing get charged more: One year Good Sam Roadside Assistance $129.95 basic/standard. Platinum $149.95. Good Sam Roadside Assistance has limits - cancelled my family! Club Claims Department stated the following: 1. Average call is 1 call every 2-3 years. We made 7 phone calls of which 3 were handled and 4 were not. They paid last claim and provider didn't tow. 2. Each call cost them $350. We made 7 phone calls. 7 calls into call center per year is too many should be 1 every 2-3 years. We live in where roads have potholes and others do too! They paid for a tow that never happened. Usual wait time was 2 hours. Service person said provider will call when they are near and most often there was no call from provider.

Hello Danny,

Thank you for the post. Our records indicate we reviewed the account with you earlier this week and appreciate you taking the time to speak to us. At this time we consider the matter closed.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We live in Texas. Traveled to Tennessee for vacation on Thanksgiving. Came out of the Christmas Store in Piegon Forge and had a flat tire. Called Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Was on hold before could talk to agent. Once I talked to agent was told help was on its way. Help never showed, as promised. Called back and was told help would call me to make arrangements for towing to closest service station but tire could not be fixed until next morning. WHAT??? Miles away from home, cabin 2 hours away, pets at cabin and no vehicle??? AGAIN, WHAT??? Sleep in the car overnight with 6 month old baby, daughter and both of us???

I used cell phone and found a local company that responded within 30 minutes, fixed tire and had us on our way. Help finally called us after we had company I called on their way. Cancelled the roadside assistance service call. And, when I turned in my claim for a refund of my $85, I had to argue with Good Sam to get my reimbursement. Reimbursement was finally approved.

Today, 01/02/2019, called to see why I still haven’t received my refund and I was again put on hold for long period of time. Finally, someone answered and told me check was in the mail. LOL. As I was trying to get info, I was connected to an agent that ask me a bunch of questions only to find out that they didn’t even have my correct info on file. They said that was my fault that I should have called and gave them my new info!!! WHAT???

Again, when I bought membership, over the phone, within the year, I had given them all my info. I hadn’t owned a motorhome in over 5 years. But, that is what they had listed; but, I had just applied and bought membership several months ago. Needless to say, I’ve cancelled my service. Also, I get so much junk mail from them stating what a top rate company they are. REALLY??? And, please don’t bother with the standard reply that you would like my info and that you will look into it because you pride yourself in quality service. Don’t waste everyone’s time!!!

Hello Bonny,

Thank you for your time, I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We would like to look into this matter further. If you wish, please provide your membership number in a private message.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Early February had flat on tow nobody showed to change after 4 hours I changed, I was told be there in 30 minutes, the same went on for 4 hours, oh I told them I just had rotator cuff surgery 4 weeks before, I changed tire with one hand. Late August had cars wrecking in front of me I made it thru with a flat on motorhome wanted to sale me wrong size tire for double price no help to me. Was good company when I started with them in 2010 but I don’t think I will renew. Just Google someone come fix that’s what I had to do.

Hello J,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about the issues you have had. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interactions with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into these matters further.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Have had Good Sam Roadside for several years, we have several cars, paid for top service so all would be included. Called for help with a flat tire the middle of the city at 7:00 am. At 9:30 called a friend to help. Was on the road by 9:50. The Good Sam's help never showed... Used it a couple of times {very slow service} then got a letter they were canceling me for overuse. Worst roadside service co. I have ever had!!!

Hello Gary,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My car experienced mechanical failure and we called to have a tow after it would not start at a gas station. We were informed that it would take 2 hours before a tow truck could come to our location. After waiting two hours and the tow truck not arriving, I called Good Sam to inquire as to the whereabouts of the tow truck and was greeted by the rudest customer service agent one could ever ask for during a car crisis. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told that none was available and that they could request a new tow service; however, not guarantee the time being less than the original two hours that has already expired.

The towing service stated that a truck was on the way after waiting for 4 hours only to have that tow truck be diverted by an accident and being requested by a state highway patrol. After 5 hours I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and call for and pay for a towing service on my own as my 5 year old son and wife were cold, hungry and tired of this experience. I am looking for a different roadside assistance for my family because if this is what we are to expect from Good Sam... I would not trust it for my wife and son should they ever require to have need for this service.

Hello Jeremy,

Ella

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Recently, we had an issue with our slides not operating in our 7 month old RV. We called Good Sam for assistance, and They sent someone from Culpeper to address the problem. Unfortunately, this individual had no clue of what he was doing, my husband and father in law had to assist him in diagnosing the issue. They discovered that one of the wires was defected. He removed the wire, and ordered new parts for the next day. However, after he installed the new parts issue was not resolved. He continued to troubleshoot with no resolution. Eventually, my husband had him stop due to the hourly charge. Good Sam you are sending out incompetent servicemen costing consumers additional money. Our total bill totaled $895 and our issue is still an issue. Also, we had a flat tire in September, customer service gave my husband a piss poor excuse on limited services and he ended up changing the tire solo. Thank goodness for options.

DaTruthHurts,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance and providing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your full name, Good Sam membership number, and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Update on 12/15/2018: I appreciate Ella from Good Sam wanting me to contact her. I have responded as she requested. It remains to be seen if she is genuinely engaging to help, or doing a PR response. I'm hopeful that she will give meaningful assistance!!

Original: Up to today, would have given Good Sam 4 stars. But received a letter today from Robert **, Claims Department, Good Sam Roadside Assistance, CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN 10 DAYS. I'm a Good Sam Lifetime member. I've been a paid member of GS Roadside Assistance for 7 years. In Nov. 2018 we had an engine breakdown on my 31' Class A in WV and needed a 24 mile tow to closest international dealer. Estimate to fix is $13,000 CND. It appears that Good Sam will promise to be of assistance until you need the assistance. WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU, THE PROMISE IS FOR MINOR ASSISTANCE. Appreciate the tow, which GS was most reluctant to provide at the time. They had trouble getting a tow company, because of GS's reputation in the industry. I eventually had to negotiate it. I've been dumped and that's good for only ONE STAR!!

Hello Ron,

Ella

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

A couple years ago, I had a blow out on our right front tire. I was at milepost 39 on I-80 in Nebraska, besides having a hard time even communicating with them, they left us sitting alongside the freeway all night (14 Hours). I finally was able to find help myself. I subsequently cancelled my plan. Well after two years I decided to try them again. I have tire minders on my motorhome which as I arrived at my RV park, Thousand Trails in Palm Desert, CA my tire minder said I had a flat, it wasn't all the way flat but like 1/2 down.

I called Good Sam to help me out only to find out that unless you have an inflated spare, which how many 40 foot motorhomes carry a spare, that it would cost me a minimum of $80 service fee for labor, they never told me that the road service was only covered if I had an inflated spare. Anyway, I just cancelled again and will never have anything to do with Good Sam again and suggest that you don't either, they are a rip off.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I received a letter and offer to join a Good Sam program called Tire and Wheel Road Hazard Program for Motorhomes and Trailers which was to be if you have a tire and or a wheel damaged to where it can't be used that I would pay for it to be replaced while traveling and Good Sam Tire and Wheel Protection would reimburse me for the costs for the damaged tire or wheel. On Oct 2, 2018 I had a tire to blow on I-75 in North Georgia. I called Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I paid them $390.00 which included the technician service call, new tire, new valve stem, and old tire disposal fee.

The next day Oct 3, 2018 I made my first call trying to be reimbursed. They told me they needed the DOT # on the old tire! I called the Good Year in Georgia and got it and for a month I spoke to "7" of the company's representatives and finally on Nov 8, 2018 was told that I didn't have a claim because I was to keep the blown tire as evidence. I explained, "You charged me and I paid for the tire to be disposed and besides that I'm in Florida and you're in Colorado, how am I supposed to get it there?" And I didn't have it. They charged me $12.00 disposal fee so why would I keep the tire. They said they had to verify what the tire looked like, I explained, "I'm in Florida. You're in Colorado. How are you going to look at the tire." I have spoken to "7" Good Sam representatives to be told I had no claim for $179.00 reimbursement.

Hello Billy,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this reimbursement matter further.

Ella

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I bought a new RV Road Warrior 420 by Heartland in 2016. My wife and I thought it would be a good idea to carry the extra coverage after our warranty ran out. We took it to Camping World to have repairs done. The automatic leveling system wasn’t working correctly. It would go into to error code and would not level up the RV. We had a condensation drip in the back a/c unit. The converter stopped working, and there was a plumbing leak in the storage area, there was a short in the 220 volt plug on the side of the RV for the power cord. Total repair cost was $750.

Good Sam would not pay anything on the repairs. Camping World said they have a way to get out of the repairs. I think they are together on this. They told me at first there would not be a problem with Good Sam and they would submit the claim but when I went to get my RV they said Good Sam had a clause in their coverage that didn’t cover those type of repairs. Don’t waste your money on Good Sam's coverage.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your time, I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam. Please provide your contact and membership number in a private message. I will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We have been trying to cancel our Good Sam Roadside Assistance and our tire and wheel assistance since 8/12/18. Good Sam won't cancel it. They say go back to dealership. Dealership said go to Good Sam. The person I spoke to at Good Sam said you are just stuck with it. Not their problem. Don’t deal with them. You will waste your money.

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for your time and feedback, I apologize for the experience you are having trying to cancel the roadside assistance and tire and wheel protection plans. Please allow me to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and best contact phone number.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I called for a 19 mile tow to my mechanic and was told it would be an extra $79.00. When I got this it clearly stated up to 100 miles. The agent told me they only tow to the nearest repair shop. So take my vehicle to a repair shop I know nothing about instead of my mechanic shop that I know do good work. I can pay for my own tow if I have to pay an additional $79.00 for 19 miles. Had this for 2 years first time trying to use it and will not use it again or renew. I have had other roadside assistant companies that honor their 100 miles and never had a problem. Don't go for cheaper, it's not better.

Hello Jacque,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please provide us with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Updated on 12/27/2018: It's December 26, 2018. After several months and pleasant phone calls and written apologies I received a check for what I paid for the people I got to help with my battery. If I'd been waiting alongside the road, for them it would have most unpleasant. They repeatedly told me (without saying that they were doing anything about it) that their service is better in some areas than in others! Wow! Just what I need, a roadmap that tells me where I can have a breakdown and where I can't. At any rate, it's all settled now. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Updated on 11/14/2018 : In a matter of hours Good Sam sent a sorrowful message about how contrite they were and that they'd work w/ me if only I'd send my membership and phone numbers. I responded quickly w/ that info. It has been days with no further response from them. Reminds me of sitting in my car in the cold and rain waiting for them to tell us they weren't going to try to help us. They NEVER called. We had to call them! It is clear that they feel that all they have to do is to seem to be helpful. "Send your money and, when you need help, we'll SEEM to be helpful." Thanks a lot.

Original Review: Our car battery went dead in a parking lot in the middle of a good sized city. Assistance was within walking distance. However, it was cold and raining hard so we opted to make use of our Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership. After a phone call we were assured that a “rescuer” was on the way and would arrive within the hour. To cut a long story short, we waited over two hours and no one showed. When we called back, Good Sam told us they were unable to provide a “rescuer” because their single source vendor was “busy! They didn't know when or if he could jump our battery.” We handled the situation on our own from that point and within twenty minutes we're back on the road. A complaint to Good Sam was met by complete disinterest. Yes, they would pay the $45 we spent, but were unwilling to make good on their broken promises. I’ll think twice before renewing my membership.

Hello John,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was in northern Georgia when I notice a broke spring hanger. I called Good Sam for assistants and they were quick to send out some to repair my trailer. That's where it ends with them happy with the service. Then when the so called repair person came out it was the worst experience of my life. 7 hrs and $ 1,300.00 to repair that broke after 100 miles. After a number of calls to Good Sam regarding this all I am being told there is nothing they can do. They could at least call the repair company and help me out getting a refund. Once my membership expires that the end of me and Good Sam. Not a happy camper.

Bill,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your Good Sam Roadside experience. I am very sorry you were unhappy with the service and I would like to look into this for you. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My son locked his keys in the car and needed assistance to get it open. We had GS Platinum service and all driving family members included. He called GS for assistance and they said they would dispatch someone right away. He was in Ventura at school in a densely populated area so you figure help us close by. Two hours later, his phone is dying because his charger is locked in the car too, and nobody has shown up to help. I started calling GS to get a status and was disconnected 2 times. The third time I was on hold for 25 minutes before hanging up because nobody answered. He was just about to call AAA using a friend’s card when help rolled up. No apology, nothing. They open the car and drive away. I called the next day and canceled. Never going back. Never recommending. A one-star review does not do them justice.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in you and your son's interaction with us. Please send a private message with your past Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I read all of these reports and see the “I’m Sorry” replies which are basically meaningless because nothing changes. I won’t elaborate on our issue because they want us to sign a confidentiality agreement that states that we can’t talk about it nor disclose the amount of money we were reimbursed. Haven’t signed it yet. Is anyone on here a lawyer and knows if we have any legal rights? Would love to see a class action lawsuit for fraud or something? Consumers are traveling down the road thinking that they have great coverage until they need it and then find out they are stranded.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and apologize that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance number, we will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Had towing service for 100 miles, I called looking for better price they changed to nearest shop (5 mile towing only!). I called customer service no help so I cancelled! I told them I want same service at a better price, I got it elsewhere.

Hello Thomas,

Resolution response: Oct. 31, 2018

Yesterday, a representative from the Good Sam roadside Assistance contacted me from the state of Colorado. He wanted to see what he could do in response to my review based on my experience last week with what I considered a "terrible" experience with getting my disabled vehicle towed not only in a timely manner, but at all!

We had a pleasant conversation and he said the calls were recorded and that it was a teachable moment and they were going to follow up on the tow operator who hung up on me twice, but as well, the time and effort it took to understand the problems that I experienced. I get it and am appreciative of the follow up phone call. In addition he offered to refund my platinum service and offered to give my family a free GSRA year subscription. I accepted. Not because they rewarded my terrible experience, but because the associate was kind and responsive to my experience was the deciding factor. I consider this matter "resolved" and hope that the future will be brighter for anyone else who happens to use GSRA and I will be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and contact them if and when necessary. THANK YOU! consumer Affairs for making my voice heard and helping with this entire experience. It it with great gratitude, that you are here and available to help people in their daily lives.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Today is October 25, 2018. At Approximately 12:20 PM this afternoon I requested roadside assistance for my Toyota Sequoia which needed a tow to a service station 10 minutes away. After 3 HOURS I called another service and got my car towed in less than 20 minutes. During my three hour wait, I contacted SRA and they kept telling me that he would be there in 45 minutes. 45-50 MINUTES AGAIN AFTER THREE HOURS they tell me! They finally called me at 4:29 pm and said a tow driver was waiting. LOL! Not only was my car in the shop already, I was already home and calling AAA for membership. I left AAA after 27 years for that crap! Never waited more than 30 minutes with AAA. First thing I did was renew with AAA when I got home! DO NOT USE GOOD SAM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Hello Terry,

Ella

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Due to poor night vision my wife needed assistance inflating a tire with low pressure. I contacted Good Sam and after an arduous process of requesting dispatch (The dispatcher asked if HHR was an acronym and asked me to wait while he over-road the computer because it did not recognize Chevy). Good Sam contacted my wife and told her that they would only tow the car to the location of their choice. When I called the customer service department to explain that my wife only need assistance inflating a tire I was told that Good Sam did not provide this service.

They would either tow the car or replace the tire. I responded by saying that when I had AAA they provided such service only to be told that Good Sam Roadside Assistance was #1 and AAA was #5 and that it was my fault for not understanding the service which I had purchased. The customer service representative then started making wisecracks about how it was not "his" company that was providing the poor service. In the end my wife was able to get her tire inflated via the help of a kind stranger, and when I called to cancel it took less time for the company cancel the service with no apologies and a pro-rated refund than it did for them to dispatch assistance.

Hello Lenwood,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am sorry to hear about your wife's experience and would like to look into this further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information