Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.37/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

182 Good Sam Roadside Assistance Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2019

This coverage is fantastic!... if you don't need it! They are very good at charging your credit card, not so good at covering you! While on vacation, my credit card was charged for renewal, when I contacted them by phone to ask a question, I was informed that my coverage had been cancelled! It's a good thing I didn't need roadside assistance as they mail the notification (which I still have not received, today is April 2nd, 2019, they say they mailed it February, 2nd, 2019) instead of notifying by telephone or e-mail, so I never would have known had I not called for an unrelated query.

When I called their membership question number, I found that the person(s) answering these calls can't help in any way. I have been a member for several years and until this past year, I have rarely used this service (once in 5 years) for anything. This past year, my husband and I purchased a classic vehicle, had a number of problems while on vacation in Florida. This vehicle required 4 tow services in 18 months. So, to bring you up to speed, that's 5 tow services in 6.5 years, but, because there was an increase in usage in a relatively short period of time, cancellation was the route they chose to take.

So, beware, if you need to use the service you pay for, they will cancel it WITHOUT any real notice. If you are on vacation, they will send it to your home address, fair enough, but, if you are like me, I have this coverage BECAUSE I am on the road. At the very least, they should e-mail you so that you are not stranded in the middle of nowhere. Deplorable service, I cannot wait to find a service that is reliable. I'm not sure if the company is aware that we now live in the age of social media, I will sure be sharing my experience!!

Deanna,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this for you. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Original review: April 2, 2019

They promise unlimited number of service calls and unlimited towing distance. However, after using the service only three times in a year, they cancelled my service because it was not cost effective for them. Also, the towing companies they use are awful. Every time I needed a tow, I had to wait more than two hours, even though there were many towing companies within 5 miles.

Julian,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: March 31, 2019

We had our shade awning out while camping and a gust of wind tore it from the top of the RV. I called Good Sam and they told me my account had expired but if I paid the fee to renew it would renew automatically. I paid the fee and then called for assistance just to be rudely told that it takes 48 hours for the account to renew but I could pay $190.00 for them to come out and fix it, but that fee could go up depending on parts. We asked to talk to someone in extended warranty because we knew we had bought an extended warranty when purchasing the RV at Camping World. The guy told us that he was the only one working that day, which was a lie because earlier we had spoken to yet another rude customer service rep. He then transferred us to just get disconnected. We will be cancelling this horrible joke of a service.

Hello Laura,

Ella

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought an RV last fall and sold it in January of this year. I bought the Good Sam extended warranty and their whole bill of goods. We had to sell the RV because of health reasons, and now they are saying this is not a prorated refundable policy like they had told us. Stay away from this. Patti **

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you are having with your policy. Please provide your contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: March 27, 2019

I made a Good Sam Roadside Assistance purchase due to a popular camping store recommending them, however I have found that after just 1 try their service is well below par in contrast to AAA or insurance roadside assistance programs that I've used before. I called the 1-800 number provided by them to report my vehicle had broken down at a convenience store, and it took 3 tries just to get properly connected to them. After connection, I had to repeat everything I said 3-4 times. I requested the vehicle be towed to the company that did all my repairs which was 8.5 miles away, and the person said it would be a $30 service charge because there was another repair service just 1 mile away.

Since the vehicle was under warranty from the repair shop 8.5 miles away the closer one wasn't an option. I explained that, but the assistant said, "sorry, that's our policy". I gave them my credit card information and paid the $30. When the tow truck did finally arrive 1 hour after the incident, I found that it had not come from a 5 mile radius where 3-4 tow truck companies reside, but over 30 miles away from a neighboring town. The whole experience was far less than acceptable, and I will be calling my insurance carrier this a.m. to get proper roadside assistance when I need it. I will just chalk up the fee I paid Good Sam as a valuable lesson learned, and cut my losses early.

Hello Colin,

Ella

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: March 21, 2019

We received Good Sam with the purchase of our RV. The one and only time we called was because our car became stuck in the mud at a home. I sat home all day because my husband had to work. No one came and I saw no tow truck drive down the road. My husband called them back and they said they could not get ahold of him so they left. They would check if they could send someone else. They called me and said they could not get approval to send another person. I informed the lady that no one came. No tow truck drove by and that this is all nuts. But she said Good Sam would not approve sending someone else. I would never recommend this company and I am going back to AAA.

Hello Giovannina,

Ella

Original review: March 18, 2019

We’ve had a Good Sam Roadside Membership for several years. I think we’ve used the roadside assistance two or three times...flat tire once or twice and another time for a tow...and each time we had a good experience. Surprisingly, we received a letter in the mail today saying it is costing Good Sam too much to provide roadside assistance to us and they are canceling our membership. The letter was dated for THE DAY AFTER we renewed our platinum membership. It says the expiration of our membership is ten days after the date of the letter, which is today.

So now we are without roadside assistance for our family, including our two daughters who are away at college. Interestingly, I just contacted Good Sam a few days ago to be sure they send us cards for our children. They didn’t mention a word about our membership being canceled. This is really disappointing. I completely trusted Good Sam to take care of my family. I have recommended them to many people. Now, I will be warning everyone about Good Sam instead.

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My wife and I have been members with Good Sam Platinum Roadside Assistance for nearly eight years. Our current membership was due to expire in May 2019. Unfortunately for us, we had to use their service four times in the last one and a half years. This included flat tire change on our 5th wheel, motorcycle breakdown, fuel delivery and pick up truck towing. Currently spending a few months in Arizona we were informed by our son at home that our program had been canceled. After contact with agents we were informed that because we had used their service above the national average they were cancelling our plan as it was costing them money to keep us on board. I escalated my displeasure to a regional manager and was informed that it was their pleasure to serve us but it is their discretion to cancel our policy due to what they felt was overuse.

So as long as you pay your dues and ONLY use their service to their liking you will be fine. Otherwise you are cancelled. The worst part was that our membership was not due to expire for another year. They sent a letter but as stated we were away and would have had no knowledge of this had our son not opened the letter. So buyer beware.

Joe,

Original review: March 16, 2019

They Cancelled me after 1.5 Months!!! I was a Good Sam Member for 1 year and then we decided to pay the $180.00 or so for their Good Sam Platinum Complete Roadside Assistance. And as luck or actually Lack of luck would have it we had a car issue on or vehicle and it had to be towed 3 times in 4 weeks to the dealer. We had to pay the $55.00 for the first tow because it was 2 miles past the 10 mile limit. I thought it was unlimited mileage but I guess not. And now we just received a cancellation letter because we used it too much. We are so sorry we had trouble with three different problems with our car. we had to wait a minimum of 3.5 hours for the truck to get to us, that is the longest I have ever had to wait for a car to be picked up. We will be receiving a pro-rated refund but that's not enough for me to continue any affiliation with this company. Please be aware they are not there to help. Only to collect your money. Good Luck.

Scott,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number so I can look into this.

Stacy

Original review: March 15, 2019

I’ll first start by saying I have had Good Sam for a very long time. I was traveling from Michigan to Boca Raton Florida 10/2018. My rig is 51 feet longer, which includes a Ford E3 50 super duty and a 26 foot toy hauler/camper. I was in Southern Ohio and had the driver side inter-Dooley tire blowout. The service provider driver that came to help from roadside assistance did not put my rear tires back on tight enough. Coming down a mountain my tires came off of my vehicle on a 6% incline around the corner. Sheared off studs and lug nuts, only being held on by hub assembly. Had I not handled this properly and downshifted until I was able to get off the side of the shoulder-this would have been a catastrophic event making national news.

I submitted a claim to Good Sam which is handled by Allstate. After much back-and-forth, and the agent was willing to pay my claim of it repairing my axle and rims which had worn when he thought the repair was only $159. Sarcasm and lack of professionalisms were unbelievable. When he found out it was more than $1200, he denied the claim and said that he has no further anything to say to me. I have no choice but taking it a step further by contacting consumer affairs and the attorney general for the proper information because of the lack of cooperation of the register of agent to file small claims or other.

Extremely Dissatisfied, many written work orders and invoices, videos of the actual original mechanic saying I needed to do nothing further. I can go to California and back. Several work orders from different mechanics including second roadside and invoices stating that the tire was not put on tight enough directly causing this near fatal collision. This has cost me a tremendous amount and they are willing to do absolutely nothing about it. So it seems litigation is my only recourse. The 26’ trailer jackknifed, hitting guardrail, causing physical damage to occupants and body of vehicles as well bouncing around in the cab myself, a 72 year old passenger and my dog.

I informed them I was just interested in recouping physical costs of the axle that was damages at the time and would sign off of further litigation. This is the very worst I’ve ever been treated when it’s all in black and white with extensive dash cam, video and written reports from repairing auto shops. I have now driven 7,000 miles since this has happened with no further problems. A+ job to Rock Solid north of Chattanooga for the expertise and amazingly fixing what your other contracted roadside assistance failed to exercise caution and professionalism.

Samantha,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this further. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: March 12, 2019

Let me start by saying that we have been Good Sam Members for over 22 years and barely use their service. Less than two weeks ago, we had a blow out in our motorhome on I5. We were on major highway intersections, Hwy 41 and I5 and were told (by customer service from Texas) that we were mistaken, we couldn't be there because there was no such intersection. Then when he finally figured out that we were correct in our directions, told us that it would be at least 2 hours or longer before they could get someone to call us back. We could see across the highway several gas stations and tire repair shops.

So, in order to safely get off the highway, we called the tire repair shop ourselves and within 25 minutes we were back on the road. I cannot tell you, unless you experience yourself, how scary it is to be stranded and without the assistance you pay for. But, it gets better. I have been following up with supervisors to no avail. I called today and was told that a message was left for us (which I have cell records indicating otherwise) and am waiting for someone to say something - own it Good Sam. Tired of paying for nothing.

Hello Debbie,

Ella

Original review: March 4, 2019

I too, a "Platinum Auto Member" had a similar experience with receiving a cancellation notice, just weeks before my renewal date for "Using their service more than average." To the best of my recollection, I called within the 5 allowed service calls for the service that I signed up and paid for. To make matter worse, the notice was date-stamped almost 20 days before it arrived in my mailbox, leaving me with less than 6 days to find new service. When I called Good Sam's customer service regarding the notice, each rep stated that they didn't have access to the details and there was nothing they could do, maybe try writing a letter...Not cool.

Hello Willie,

Ella

Original review: March 1, 2019

The very first time I needed to use this roadside assistance they made it my problem and said we were too far off the main highway. We were 1/4 of a mile off of Main Road. They promised to moon and delivered nothing! Stick with AAA!!!

Scott,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside membership number and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Today was last straw, I could not get my remote entry to work on my tow vehicle and keys were inside. I called for lock out service. I was told assistance was 40 minutes away which was reasonable. An hour and 10 minutes later and no assistance. Called road side service again and was told the driver couldn't be contacted by the dispatcher and Good Sam had had problems with the provider in the past. Shame on Good Sam. If you representative know that they are unreliable why do you keep using them. You are responsible for the companies you contract with. I went with Good Sam thinking that the would be the best for my RV. I have already cancelled my service with them and went back to AAA. AAA has always provided my wife excellent service.

Hello Ivan,

Ella

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Broke down, at 11 pm, barely off the side of the road, pouring rain, cold temps and the Good Sam rep was already informed our vehicle was not safe and we needed it towed. She said it would be 90 minutes to 4 hours. An hour later, we called to give our landline phone # in case we wouldn't get a text back at our house. She asked if it could sit there until tomorrow, because she was having trouble finding someone to come out??? So much for 24 hour emergency roadside assistance.

Hello Timothy,

Ella

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I did not have a good spare, just the rim as tire was lost on the highway. They tried selling me 2 tires & I said no, just the one. Called me back with a complete sales pitch... Where they don't let you get a word in, how excited he was to find me 2 tires for $550. I said, "No, that isn't what I asked for." Then tried sneaking on additional charges... Still ended up paying $273 for a $40 tire. Thanks a lot. I trusted these guys not to be scam artists. Still charged me to dispose of my old tire, even though I told him there was no old tire.

Hello Julie,

Ella

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Friends we were staying with, allowed me to use their vehicle, since mine was covered in snow. Headed down the driveway, got too close to edge, snow bank from the plow sucked the vehicle in. Called GS. Was told that since this was not a paved road they could not help me, since tow truck might get stuck. Explained that it was a wide, plowed road, frozen solid gravel, -20 degrees in MN, that no tow truck would be in danger or get stuck. Still refused me service. Asked for his supervisor, refused. Called GS today, and was met with disbelief that I wasn't helped!!! Should have talked to a supervisor. He apologized, over and over, but that doesn't go very far with me.

A couple of years ago I submitted a claim for our RV. Waited and waited for response or payment. Finally, after many months, I called them. Claimed they had never gotten my claim form. Sent me another one. I filled it out, resent in envelope GS provided, and waited some more. Another phone call. Finally after just about a year we did get some settlement, but feel the service was terrible.

Hello Jenine,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have been members of Good Sam for 17 years, on January 28 2019 our pickup truck had a driveline issue and we called for a tow. Good Sam set it up and gave us the time estimate when the tow truck would be there, after that time passed I called the provider who informed me they were min of 8 hours out. I told them what Good Sam quoted me and they said there was no way they agreed to that. I called Good Sam back and after getting many excuses, they said they could not find anyone to tow my truck and I should find my own tow and they would reimburse me.

I could hardly believe it, they just left me out on my own and were not willing to help out at all. I made one call and found a tow truck service that could be there in one hour, why couldn't Good Sam do that? I have been paying them for many years and when I really needed them all I received was some of the poorest service possible. I will share my story to as many people as possible.

Hello Thomas,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I recently had a blowout on my RV. The experience of getting help was good and the only reason for the 1 Star. Problem came when I returned home and applied for my refund of expenses under the road hazard program. I found the response from some people rude, dismissive, and lied to. They kept ignoring my request to speak to a Manager and told me several times they weren’t there. I followed the instructions given at the time of the blowout and then told I did it wrong and since I did not save the tire for inspection the claim was denied. I did get $900 of the $1261 refunded but only after many phone calls and hours of being handed off and lied to. They have more than one program and with the names being close I was sold something that was close but not what I thought I bought. Result was $300 loss and way too much grief. 90% of the people I dealt with are not interested in customer service.

Hello Ken,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Motor home broke down at campground, called Good Sam, they sent out mechanic in about 2 hrs. He determined it was my fuel pump, called them back the next day and they sent out tow truck (who had to come from 2 1/2 hrs away and towed us to mechanic. They did an excellent job at getting us out of a big bind, they did all the footwork getting someone out in a timely manner. Thank you Good Sam.

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and sharing your experience with roadside assistance. We are pleased to hear of the outstanding service you received. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Have a good day and thank you for your membership.

Ella

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Last night we experienced every RVer's worst nightmare. A front tire blowout in the dark, pouring down rain on a busy CA freeway. Our call to Good Sam can only be described as a total joke! We clearly needed a tow, but no. The only recourse they would offer was to transfer us to their tire department whose plan was to send out a service person with a tire (after they could track one down) and change it. We were incredulous. This was at 8:00 pm. Who knows how long it would have taken for them to locate the right tire, a service person and have them dispatched? Not to mention the fact that we had serious concerns about our rim since the tire had been shredded. The representative said the extent of damage would be assessed when service person arrived. And if there was damage to the rim, THEN a determination would be made. Pretty sure we would have been on the side of that freeway until the wee hours of the morning.

We asked repeatedly for a tow. We knew there was a reputable tire store within 5 miles of our location but they refused. Said this is their protocol. Guess what? We called AAA RV+, they sent tow truck no problem and dropped us at the tire store. No questions, no argument, just the kind of service you expect from a roadside assistance program, particularly when you are in a precarious situation. I will be canceling this membership and write reviews everywhere I can about this bogus "roadside assistance" service. We were shocked and amazed as we had always believed Good Sam's reputation for RVer's was one of the best. We will definitely be keeping our AAA RV+ and also look into FMCA.

Hello Denise,

Ella

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was a member with AAA for nearly 25 years. Gold Member status. Good Sam bombard me with advertisement about having so many advantages over AAA. Well, I soon learned that was not the case. There were multiple request for us to upgrade to the Platinum Membership. Simply, we made the leap for the service. After a few untimely calls, a total of 4 we were canceled. Refund given back on a 3 year membership. Valid thru 8/16/2019. After several calls on requesting why we were canceled finally a customer service agent told me the truth. We made a call over the allotment and it was determine my account was not profitable. Shame on Good Sam Road Assistance on false advertisement. Telling customers there are no limit on the calls you can make for assistance. Well back to being a loyal member to AAA. Worthy of my business that I should have never left.

Brian,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Although this company is known primarily for RV roadside service & we don't have an RV, we switched from AAA several years ago after reading online reviews and appreciating the fact that all my household members, such as adult children, while still living at home/under 25 years of age, could be members. This is perfect for a family with multiple college students. From the first phone call to any renewal calls or questions, I had never spoken to a single customer service rep that I could say was friendly. Still though, the perks of having my entire family safeguarded kept me with them. We also have always toyed with getting an RV, so it made sense.

Personally, I have only used their service once in the several years we had them when we had a dead battery while on vacation. They did take double the time estimated to reach us, (2 hours instead of 1), but we were so thankful for the help we didn't dwell on that. That was about 2 years ago. My daughter used their service herself once after a bad car accident about 6 months ago. Other than that, one of my sons used them for key lockout a couple times and that's what I know.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I get a check in the mail from them with only a note of "Cancelled" on the check stub. Odd since we were still about a month away from our renewal, so I logged into my account online and saw my membership was inactive and canceled. I immediately called in to see what was going on. The rude customer service rep, rather than being helpful or understanding, told me we were canceled for "excessive use" and he did not have access to explain more specifics. True story. If he didn't have access to the records explaining how we were excessive, who would? I tried asking, but he was too busy interrupting me. I asked why, instead of finding out from a $23 check stub, someone didn't call to alert me? We had no idea, therefore had obviously not retained another roadside assistance provider.

What if we'd have had an accident and found out that way? That would have been quite a kick while we were down. They were never friendly then that treatment was even worse once they spoke to us when we were canceled. To say it's unprofessional not to notify someone by mail, phone, or email is an understatement. Frankly, I believe it was cruel, unusual, and amoral. I don't know what their definition for excessive use is since even their own customer service reps couldn't tell me, but it would appear minimal use with no warning of revoking their service. I was shell-shocked and keep asking myself if we should have seen something like this coming since everyone we spoke with at this company seemed miserable.

Kelly,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide your Good Sam membership number and your phone number so I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I was in my second year of the roadside assistance plan which advertises that it covers all family vehicles. My wife and daughter had a string of bad luck and we had four service calls in a couple months - 1 accident towing, two stuck in the mud pullouts and one flat tire. We asked the associate if there was a limit to the number of calls we can make. She said no it was unlimited but shortly after the last call I received a cancellation letter on my policy saying I had made too many calls. I understand that companies have to make a profit but they should either State the maximum number of calls you could make or not cancel your policy for making too many calls. This is just a bad business. I would not recommend this roadside assistance plan to anyone and I am also canceling my Good Sam's membership and not doing business with any Good Sam associated companies.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. Please allow us to review the cancellation of your membership, also please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Members renewing get charged more: One year Good Sam Roadside Assistance $129.95 basic/standard. Platinum $149.95. Good Sam Roadside Assistance has limits - cancelled my family! Club Claims Department stated the following: 1. Average call is 1 call every 2-3 years. We made 7 phone calls of which 3 were handled and 4 were not. They paid last claim and provider didn't tow. 2. Each call cost them $350. We made 7 phone calls. 7 calls into call center per year is too many should be 1 every 2-3 years. We live in where roads have potholes and others do too! They paid for a tow that never happened. Usual wait time was 2 hours. Service person said provider will call when they are near and most often there was no call from provider.

Hello Danny,

Thank you for the post. Our records indicate we reviewed the account with you earlier this week and appreciate you taking the time to speak to us. At this time we consider the matter closed.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We live in Texas. Traveled to Tennessee for vacation on Thanksgiving. Came out of the Christmas Store in Piegon Forge and had a flat tire. Called Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Was on hold before could talk to agent. Once I talked to agent was told help was on its way. Help never showed, as promised. Called back and was told help would call me to make arrangements for towing to closest service station but tire could not be fixed until next morning. WHAT??? Miles away from home, cabin 2 hours away, pets at cabin and no vehicle??? AGAIN, WHAT??? Sleep in the car overnight with 6 month old baby, daughter and both of us???

I used cell phone and found a local company that responded within 30 minutes, fixed tire and had us on our way. Help finally called us after we had company I called on their way. Cancelled the roadside assistance service call. And, when I turned in my claim for a refund of my $85, I had to argue with Good Sam to get my reimbursement. Reimbursement was finally approved.

Today, 01/02/2019, called to see why I still haven’t received my refund and I was again put on hold for long period of time. Finally, someone answered and told me check was in the mail. LOL. As I was trying to get info, I was connected to an agent that ask me a bunch of questions only to find out that they didn’t even have my correct info on file. They said that was my fault that I should have called and gave them my new info!!! WHAT???

Again, when I bought membership, over the phone, within the year, I had given them all my info. I hadn’t owned a motorhome in over 5 years. But, that is what they had listed; but, I had just applied and bought membership several months ago. Needless to say, I’ve cancelled my service. Also, I get so much junk mail from them stating what a top rate company they are. REALLY??? And, please don’t bother with the standard reply that you would like my info and that you will look into it because you pride yourself in quality service. Don’t waste everyone’s time!!!

Hello Bonny,

Thank you for your time, I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We would like to look into this matter further. If you wish, please provide your membership number in a private message.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Early February had flat on tow nobody showed to change after 4 hours I changed, I was told be there in 30 minutes, the same went on for 4 hours, oh I told them I just had rotator cuff surgery 4 weeks before, I changed tire with one hand. Late August had cars wrecking in front of me I made it thru with a flat on motorhome wanted to sale me wrong size tire for double price no help to me. Was good company when I started with them in 2010 but I don’t think I will renew. Just Google someone come fix that’s what I had to do.

Hello J,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about the issues you have had. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interactions with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into these matters further.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Have had Good Sam Roadside for several years, we have several cars, paid for top service so all would be included. Called for help with a flat tire the middle of the city at 7:00 am. At 9:30 called a friend to help. Was on the road by 9:50. The Good Sam's help never showed... Used it a couple of times {very slow service} then got a letter they were canceling me for overuse. Worst roadside service co. I have ever had!!!

Hello Gary,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My car experienced mechanical failure and we called to have a tow after it would not start at a gas station. We were informed that it would take 2 hours before a tow truck could come to our location. After waiting two hours and the tow truck not arriving, I called Good Sam to inquire as to the whereabouts of the tow truck and was greeted by the rudest customer service agent one could ever ask for during a car crisis. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told that none was available and that they could request a new tow service; however, not guarantee the time being less than the original two hours that has already expired.

The towing service stated that a truck was on the way after waiting for 4 hours only to have that tow truck be diverted by an accident and being requested by a state highway patrol. After 5 hours I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and call for and pay for a towing service on my own as my 5 year old son and wife were cold, hungry and tired of this experience. I am looking for a different roadside assistance for my family because if this is what we are to expect from Good Sam... I would not trust it for my wife and son should they ever require to have need for this service.

Hello Jeremy,

Ella

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Recently, we had an issue with our slides not operating in our 7 month old RV. We called Good Sam for assistance, and They sent someone from Culpeper to address the problem. Unfortunately, this individual had no clue of what he was doing, my husband and father in law had to assist him in diagnosing the issue. They discovered that one of the wires was defected. He removed the wire, and ordered new parts for the next day. However, after he installed the new parts issue was not resolved. He continued to troubleshoot with no resolution. Eventually, my husband had him stop due to the hourly charge. Good Sam you are sending out incompetent servicemen costing consumers additional money. Our total bill totaled $895 and our issue is still an issue. Also, we had a flat tire in September, customer service gave my husband a piss poor excuse on limited services and he ended up changing the tire solo. Thank goodness for options.

DaTruthHurts,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance and providing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your full name, Good Sam membership number, and your phone number.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information