Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.34/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

203 Good Sam Roadside Assistance Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Called for the first time tonight to obtain a tow truck because vehicle was disabled about an hour away from home. Called at 5:30PM and got a text stating would be there at 8PM, which is too long. Then did not arrive so called back and stated it would be 10-10:30 before they got there! This program is worthless, don't waste your money, go elsewhere!!!

Hello Megan,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this situation further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Purchased service when purchased an RV. Policy lapsed with no renewal notification, discovered while going thru the cards in my wallet. Called and renewed cost of $374.75. After having policy sold RV but did not cancel policy. On 8/14 had to use it for the first time. Called to have truck taken back to the Chrysler dealer who had service it for the same problem 1 week earlier. It had to go there for any previous work to be covered. I was told by customer rep they would only cover 8 miles to a small town mechanic and we would have to pay the other 24 miles costing us $92. Then a week later I called to cancel the policy because we sold the camper and the new vehicle had roadside assistance. I was told by Good Sam they would refund the unused coverage but was deducting the claims fee for service provided on 8/14 in the amount of $78.75. So can someone explain what coverage did we get?

Hello Grace,

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I purchased the Good Sam Platinum Roadside Assistance plan while in Camping World buying some RV related items. I was going to purchase this online and was told by the store in Kissimmee, FL I could buy it in the store at a discounted rate. I confirmed with two other store employees and they confirmed. My cards arrived in the mail, I called in and was told I only have the basic plan. I informed the CS agent that my cards and documentation all say Platinum. She tells me I'm wrong and the system is right. I asked how she knew that? I asked to speak with a manager to correct this and she came back on the phone to tell me her manager was busy but she could upgrade me.

I guess the point of my review is to say I'm in the customer service business and no the customer is not always right but your company and its representatives should not treat the customer like a thief or as someone trying to get over on them. I paid my money, bought a product and then was treated poorly. She acted like she was doing me a favor. I used to be with Good Sam a long time ago and thought they were great. This is my first time back with them and it was a mistake. I will be looking for other options and would advise potential customers to look elsewhere.

Hello John,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this situation further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Care Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have been members for 10 years never called for help until now. We went to Sekiu Washington a very tiny fishing town 146 miles from home. Just as we pulled into the RV Park we noticed transmission fluid running out of the truck. We could go no further. We talked to a local Mechanic. They told us they do not normally work on transmissions but could order us a new one for $3000.00. He also told us he is too busy to even take a look at the truck for at least 3 weeks so it would be at about 5 weeks by the time they get parts. The closest town we would be able to get our truck fixed was Port Angeles 40 miles away. We are 146 miles from home and stuck for at least 5 weeks. We called Good Sam. After a 3.5 hours on the phone with them they told us they would find a tow truck to take our truck to P.A. They would not do anything about the trailer because it was in a safe spot. They would send a text telling us when to expect the truck.

About 2 hours later a truck pulls up and the driver has orders to take our truck to the local mechanic who had already told us no he did not have the time to look at the truck. We sent the driver away (he was fine, no charge), told him we would call Good Sam but it will be hours so we would talk to him tomorrow. After 2 more hours on the phone trying to get it through to them that we talked to the mechanic and he is not a transmission man. We asked to talk to a supervisor. Joey came on the line and said, "Nope we will not send your truck to P.A. It is cheaper to take it to the local mechanic." I asked Joey for his last name and he refused to give it to me. Lost all faith at this point.

Bottom line we took care of getting the truck towed to P.A. on our own and a friend drove the 5 hours in his truck to get us and our trailer back home. P.A. Ford dealership called and said we do not need a new transmission. The truck will be ready in about 4 days. Good Sam is worthless and should be ashamed to call themselves Roadside assistance. I read several comments. NOT ONE WAS GOOD. Wake Up Good Sam.

Hello James,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

2 months ago I had a blowout on my front RV tire. Having a good Sam Membership for many years it was time to give them our first call. Although friendly enough, it took them over an hour to call me back and let me know they still had not found any technician able to get to us with a new tire but would call again as soon as they found one. Minutes later a tire truck pulls up behind me, he happened to see us stranded and offered assistance. As this franchise tire place was 10 minutes away he said he was able to provide a new tire for $465 USD all-in. I gave him the go-ahead and as he went to get the new tire, Good Sam called back - they found a technician who could be there in 1.5hrs and including all kinds of up-charges the total came to $750USD. ???? For the exact same tire! Needless to say I cancelled them.

Bad luck but this weekend on our way home we have a flat on the rear. Good Sam called again and well over an hour later they found a technician able to come in 1.5 hours. The total including all kinds of up charges (warranty, tire disposal etc etc) again came to over $700 USD. Luck had it that we were 18miles from the Canadian border. A local tire shop was able to provide the same exact tire for $280 - delivered by a family member just on time for the technician to mount it - cost a whopping $186.56 by Transit Pro’s - no answer when asked what was actually covered by Good Sam. Technician admitted a direct call would have yielded lower cost. Seriously doubting the value of Good Sam Road side assistance is all they do is call around and upcharge/inflate the price. Victor **

Hello Victor,

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback and sharing your experiences. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experiences you have had. Please provide your contact and membership number in a private message. We will look into your concerns further.

Ella

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We are fed up, disgusted, and disappointed in Good Sam. Having been customers since 1996, we've noticed changes over the years that have been confusing and most recently misleading. I used to get notices in the mail about our Roadside Assistance coverage, which I appreciated, as it gave me time to get the check in the mail in due time. I often paid for 2 years. Then the notices alerting me to expiration started arriving MANY MANY months before the coverage expired, as in 5 to 8 months prior, NOW no notices are received, not by mail or email. All I've received recently, during the extremely busy gardening and festival prep time, was one notice implying renewal for $69.95. I totally misunderstood that as we aren't interested in a membership, but EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, coverage we've had since 1996 and have NO MORE, much to our chagrin.

I just requested a refund of the $69.95 and was told I'd get a refund of $53.75 or something like that applied to my credit card but I paid by check. We no longer have any faith in Good Sam and are looking elsewhere for Emergency Roadside Assistance. We've never needed our RV towed or anything that serious, so we haven't been a drain on this plan. Over all the years we've only asked for help a scant few times and do not understand being treated so unprofessionally and shabbily. Good Sam let us down when we needed help the most.

Hello D,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please provide your contact and membership number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

We had two flats in one day on our travel trailer. We changed the first with our spare tire. Then, traveling from Indiana to Ohio we had another one. We called Roadside Assistance. Dispatch was wonderful, and would even call just to let us know their status. Our issue is with Transit Pro and what they're allowed to charge. My end of the bill was...$406.48. When I called Good Sam to question the charges I was being passed off to Dispatch who passed me off to Transit Pro. When I question who I was talking to I did not get a straight answer at first. When I asked what Good Sam paid for if my bill was $400.00 I was told he didn't have that in front of him. But, was told an average service call was 500 to 600 dollars with a two hour minimum on what they pay out.

I was also told that all prices are based on and national average, so the tire I bought from them for $200.00 I could have walked in off the street and paid $100.00. Mounting at 128.00. Would have paid $30.00. It was an after hour call, but I thought the extra price would be on the service end of it. Transit Pro made out like a bandit with a big profit. I understand it was my responsibility to pay for the tire. Just feel taken advantage of me. It also only took about 15 mins from when the driver got there for us to be back on the road. If this practice is allowed from Good Sam we will be cancelling our agreement... Buyer Beware!

Hello Tammy,

Ella

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We have had Good Sam Roadside assistance because of our RV. Let me tell you, don't waste your time with them. They are so incompetent and it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. The two times we needed them in the last 6 months they left us HIGH and DRY! Our motor home blew a hose and we limped to a truck stop. After calling and waiting 1.25 hrs they called back and said it was too late in the evening to get a tow truck or repair man out to us and "since we were safe" there was nothing they could do until the next day. We had to find our own guy (only 5 miles down the road and came to fix it). Then last night our truck died on the highway and we coasted down the off ramp. Called them, they said they would have someone out to get us (it was 6:00 PM) and we were in a town so not in the boondocks by any means. Waited 1.5 hours.

Finally called them back, they had the AUDACITY to tell us they could not find anyone so "they did not know what to tell us but we were on our own"!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! That is it! I am done and requested a FULL REFUND of our "so called" assistance membership. Our daughter has 3AAA so we called them, they had a tow truck to us IN 30 MINUTES!!!! 30 MINUTES!!! I'm telling save yourself the headache and frustration with Good Sam, they are BAD SAM to us!!

Hello Kari,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your concerns. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experiences you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into these situations further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2019

We (Deaf couple) have bad experienced with Good Sam in Honolulu last July 15th. After we enjoyed our dinner at Cheeseburger restaurant in Waikiki then we were dumbfound that we forget to leave keys in my friend's Chevy truck (Loaned) then we asked restaurant hostess to call Good Sam for send us a locksmith guy but he never showed up after we waited for more than 2 hours and half included made 3 calls to Good Sam and asked where is our locksmith guy? They admitted to us that they can't find available locksmith guy at late Sunday night hours then our waiter helped us to unlock our loan truck and drove away. What ashamed Good Sam! I called new name for Good Sam like Rotten Sam. I told my friends and family members to avoid Rotten Sam! Go to join AAA club!

Hello James,

Original review: July 29, 2019

We received a year free with our RV purchase and purchased the extended coverage. We were told by the finance person at Camping World that it was the best roadside assistance money can buy and we trusted them. Big mistake. The first call we make, we are told that 1) we didn't meet the definition of "disabled" and 2) we aren't roadside so it isn't covered.

Really??? Our 5th wheel hitch failed and the camper fell on the truck and crushed the tailgate/box. The rep actually suggested we hitch back up and tow it ourselves. Uh. What? I called AAA and they didn't hesitate to send someone to help us, even though we didn't have the RV coverage he allowed us to purchase it so we could use it. Their tow driver determined the hitch actually did fail, it wasn't user error, and towed our camper to the dealership for repair. I will be asking for my money back for the extended coverage and will be a AAA member for life. Good Sam is useless.

Hello Lenore,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please allow me to share your experience with the roadside leadership team.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information