Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I told myself I would not do any negative reviews on any businesses I dealt with due to the pandemic and everyone being stressed. But yesterday 29 Dec 2020 I had to clutch my pearls at how disgustingly rude I was treated by two people on the phone and then I was hung up on both times. I actually had to tell the rep that I am the CUSTOMER and He should not raise his voice at me. No matter the issue I presented, it did not warrant the treatment I received as a paying customer.

My husband has also been talked to very disrespectfully when we tried to get assistance while on the road. Before any rep can come and discredit me, listen to the recordings that I had to agree to. I want no one's job to be impacted but this company needs some serious training in customer relations. Also, to clarify I stopped my payment to them because the last 3 times we tried to file a claim so small issues, we were denied. I wanted ask if my current situation is covered before I made my payment by phone and that's when I was treated with no respect, when they saw my payment was rejected. Thus....the reason I called to get assistance. I’m sure I won’t get my situation corrected now but I will let others know how awful I was treated and I will take my hard earned $200 a month to another company.

Hello Leaka.

We apologize for the experiences you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We would like to look into these matters further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Ella

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

As a subscriber I thought info about our RV would be in the system. It was not. Dispatcher could not find our location, insisted we did not know where we were, 2 block from home. After 16 min we gave up.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

After more than 10 phone calls and they'll be there at 5:48, they'll be there 9:30, they'll be there at 12:20am. I am still waiting for help. It's been almost 15 hours. They keep saying, "We'll "expedite" your claim." It's 4:30am.

Hello Marsha,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

STAY AWAY: I just had my 2015 Tiffin towed 52 miles to a Cummins dealer. It broke down in an area that I had no cell service, had to walk to use a landline. The call I made was to a towing service not Good Sam. With using someone else's phone is the issue of calling them and GS having to call back many times to get this done. And the possibility of the wrecker not showing up and having to walk back to use someone else's phone. Long story short by me not calling GS first they REFUSED to pay the towing bill. As it says in the program details call WITHIN 24 hrs and I did this. FYI- Tow bill was $1500.00 for a 42 ft motorhome.

Hello Matt,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

When I signed up for this service I was told that I would be covered for tows up to 25 miles. The first time I used them they said it was now 10 miles and I would need to pay overages for anything over that. I just needed them again and now they are saying the limit is 2 miles. The car is 1 mile from my house but they are saying their system shows it's 2 miles and they want to charge for overages again. This is the worst service ever. I'm cancelling my policy.

Hello Octaviop,

Thank you for your time and post. We apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Please provide your membership number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I lost a wheel bearing in Wyoming and had to be towed about 50 miles to get to a repair facility. I called Good Sam and they wanted to send out a Mobil mechanic. It was 11 o’clock at night. The grease had caught fire because it had got so hot. I had pulled the hub and could tell the spindle on the axel was ruined and I knew I would have to have a new axel.

I have worked as a mechanic so I knew what I was talking about. They refused the tow. The wind was blowing hard and the roads were slick. I did not want to sit alongside the highway waiting on a Mobil mechanic knowing they couldn’t help me. I called customer service a few days later and never heard back from them. I’ve had this service for several years and have never had a claim before now. This service is not worth having. It doesn’t do any good to call customer service.

Hello Ray,

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I signed up 1 - 1/2 years ago and did not need the service until today. Got a flat on the 5th wheel, called, waited 2.5 hours - no show. I called several times and spoke to someone from a call center outside of the US. No show! Changed the tire myself with my wife. After we repaired ourselves (2.5 hours after our call) they returned one of my calls to say they would come in 1 - 2 hours! Don’t waste you money on this service! I will be calling and demanding a full refund.

Hello Karl,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

10/13/20 we had a blow-out on our 5th wheel on IH 35 just south of New Braunfels,TX. We started calling for service at 10:00 and at 11:00 were told service would show up in 1 1/2 hours. At 12:30 we called again and at 1:00 were told service would come at 2:00. At 2:00 were told they would be their in an hour. So at 4:00 I changed the tire myself and drove home. At 5:00 the service called and said they would be there in 20 minutes, I told them to forget it that I changed the tire myself. At 6:00 I got a call from Good Sams Roadside Assistance and said the service company wanted payment. I told them they never showed up and not to pay. After reading other reviews this seems to be common practice for Good Sams Roadside Assistance. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS REVIEW AS A WARNING NOT TO BUY THIS SERVICE AS THEY DO NOT FULFILL THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO THEIR CLIENTS.

Hello Greg,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experiences. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Updated on 12/16/2020: So, this is an update of my review from October 2020. I have been in contact several times, and was told many times that my membership fees would be reimbursed then they reversed it saying I received services! Even tho no mobile mechanic actually came out. Then I received a call saying they couldn't prove the company was dispatched and apologized, yet I still don't have my money. What a scam! Maybe I'll update to 2 stars if I ever get my money, but definitely no more than that. I would never recommend Good Sam to anyone.

Original Review: My yearly subscription had lapsed this October, and even though my experience with Good Sam hadn't been the best in the past, I renewed with them. I chose them over AAA because their prices were similar, but my vehicle didn't need to be registered to receive service. I was towed this July and still have not been reimbursed, though I was told it was an eligible tow. And I requested a mobile mechanic on Monday and it's Wednesday afternoon now and I'm still waiting on confirmation that someone is actually coming out. Hardly anyone has been in contact.. It's just a frustrating waiting game!

Hello Ambrosia,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experiences. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situations you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into these matters further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

We waited 2 hours before they could find a towing service that was in their network etc. Called back numerous times to hear they were... working on it. Meanwhile, my 78-year-old mother was waiting on the side of the interstate in the dark (unable to even turn on flashers). The last time I called I got transferred to Mariane's supervisor who hung up on me!!! Furious. She has paid for Good Sam for 16 years and never used it and IS A PLATINUM USER! RIDICULOUS. MORE LIKE BAD SAM.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your mothers experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation she has had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide her Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information