Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I purchased tow insurance for my truck and my RV. While towing my RV in a strange town my truck broke down. They will tow my truck to a local shop but are refusing to tow my RV. They are telling me I must pay to tow the RV. If my truck or RV need towing then they need to tow it.

Hello Maretta,

Thank you for providing your contact information. We are reviewing your experience and will be contacting you to discuss this matter further.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

It looks like a robot is responding to every review on this webpage. Does Good Sam even care? C'mon Lemonis, you can do better than this. I am questioning whether I will renew or not. This does not appear to be good customer service to me.

Hello D.B. of Huntsville,

Thank you for reaching out. We do have a standard set of information that is requested so that we can locate the reviewers account and attempt to assist them. I would be happy to look in to any concern you have if you could message me your account information and the details of the issue you encountered.

Best Regards,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We had a difficult time getting our Emergency Roadside Service to work as we had anticipated; however, when all was said and done, Good Sam Emergency Roadside Service came through. We wrote a letter to the organization after the difficulties we received, and we were pleased with the response. We will continue our membership with their organization because they showed us a sincere effort to regain our trust and fix the problem. It's not easy to keep and/or maintain world class service, but it appears they are trying hard to do so. Thank you Good Sam!

Hello W & D,

Thank you for your time and membership, we are pleased you are satisfied with the outcome of your roadside assistance experience. Let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Have a good day.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I purchased the most expensive PLATINUM COMPLETE Membership ($239.95/yr regular price, $189.95 during promotional sales) which covers unlimited towing to a shop of choice. When I requested tow I was told by 3 (three) dispatchers my membership is Platinum ($114.95) and in order to get towed 106 miles from highway in Mojave Desert to LA I would have to have at least Platinum Plus membership. I checked my bank records and verified my card was in fact charged $189.95 for Platinum Complete last year for the most comprehensive towing package, not $114.95 as the 3 dispatchers would have me believe if I purchased the cheaper membership.

I was offered a free tow to the nearest parking lot which happened to be an airport. I was told if I want to get towed anywhere else I am on my own. I had to pay the tow truck company $1,135 to get my car towed to the shop. I heard from friends going through the same thing with this company few months ago but assumed they made a mistake. Unfortunately, this company consciously scams people into paying for the most comprehensive coverage, then instructs their dispatchers to tell customers they bought a lesser coverage when tow is needed. I will file a complaint with CA Attorney General and urge others to do the same.

Hello J of Reseda, CA,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Converted cargo trailer with bed, porta potty, kitchen cabinets, fridge, microwave, sink, hand pump water, 5 gallon gray tank, lino flooring, camper sliding windows, RV side door, screen door, ac/dc power BUT no black tank. Not covered! Yet a boat trailer is. Figure that one out.

Hello Nicki,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I bought this service on Sunday 1/12/19. I had to wait 48 hours before I could use the service. One of my vehicles broke down on me on the highway which happened to be by a mechanic shop. I called for towing service and was told that since the vehicle is by a mechanic shop it would not cover the cost of towing. I would have to pay out of pocket to get it towed to a mechanic of my choice. The mechanic shop that my car was close by was going to charge me an arm and a leg to fix my car. I couldn't afford the price they quoted me and found another mechanic shop with a much more reasonable quote. I had to pay out of pocket to get it towed. I was told that anytime I wanted my car towed to where I wanted it to go I would have to pay out of pocket. I have never had to do this with the other roadside assistance company I was with. I will be cancelling this service and going with another company.

Hello Melissa,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Good Sam Club Roadside assistance 1/5/2020. I have the GSRS Platinum level policy. Heading north on I5 with my Ford F250 towing my 27’ 5th wheel. The truck overheats, and after waiting a while for it to cool, I checked the overflow, and it became a black volcano of oil and coolant. This is where my adventure with Good Sam Roadside Assistance begins (GSRA). Skip the next few paragraphs and skip to the end for the conclusion if you want the short version. I first attempted to use the phone app, but the cell connection was not great, so along the way the app dials an agent for you, so now I begin working with an agent.

The agent was on drugs. Slurring words, hard to understand, he couldn’t find me using the location app, so I worked to explain in words where we were. After 45 minutes, the agent finally seemed to understand where we were, and he was on the case. Four hours later, I’m still on the highway, and the agent is saying “we’re having a hard time finding a place to tow you”. Well, after two hours, I was already doing my own research, and I was finding multiple places that would do the tow (Truck and Rig). In fact, some of the places I was chatting with were called by GSRS. It seems that GSRS didn’t like the quotes they were getting, and chose not to engage. After 5 hours, the GSRS agent was saying “If you can find someone, go ahead, and we’ll reimburse you”. **. I agreed to call them back in the morning, as my wife and I prepared to spend the night right besides I5 with trucks going 75 mph all night. We didn’t sleep well for some reason.

I called in the morning and escalated. After 3 more hours, GSRS said they found someone, and they’d tow the F250 to the garage, but they wanted to tow the 5th wheel to the “nearest safe location”. Like a parking lot or something. WTF! After much effort, I got them to tow the truck and the rig 40 miles to a mechanic, but they insisted the rig towing (to the mechanic) was not covered, and I’d have to pay $300 out of pocket to get the rig towed too. I rolled over, so I could get off the highway. Conclusion, this place is a scam, and ANY towing insurance has to be better. This company should be ashamed. They obviously will not part with a buck easily, and it is institutionalized. Bottom line: Good Sam Roadside Assistance is a scam.

Hello M,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Do NOT sign up with these guys.

1. Service is terrible, long wait times if they show up at all.

2. If you call them more than twice they cancel and do not refund.

I called them 3 times. Once for a lockout. Once for a jump start, which they never showed up for, and once for a tow which my daughter had to pay for, because the tow truck driver said our account was cancelled by Good Sam. They should call it Bad Sam I would say.

Hello Guy,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situations you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We talked with company rep and explained what we had. A motorhome pulling a trailer with a car and motorcycle inside. They took all the info and serial numbers etc. and were told everything is covered. We paid for the best plan, Platinum. First time we call to use it, we are told our enclosed trailer is NOT covered. So the double blowout on my trailer is not covered, leaving us stranded on a busy highway ! We spent 30 minutes on the phone with several people from Good Sam, getting the run around and finally told us, "NO your trailer is not covered because it is enclosed?? If it was a motorcycle, or lawn mower, or a boat or a cargo trailer it would be." I asked why an ENCLOSED trailer is not covered but every other kind of trailer is? The lady on the phones advice: I can send you a copy of your policy so you can read and see.

Like I am supposed to do that while broke down on the highway?? Thankfully my husband was able to take care of us. When we got to our destination, we looked at our policy. NOWHERE does it say an enclosed trailer is not covered?? This company is a rip-off. All they do is refer you to another person, until you are too tired to fight. We will never do any business with Good Sam Roadside Assistance and we let everyone know it and why!

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your roadside assistance membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

On December 8th of this year my wife and I were traveling pulling our fifth wheel. When a tire went flat we started calling Good Sam Club at about 3. At 5 they called us back and said. "You're on your own." My wife is disabled with neuropathy. I had had a complete hip replacement 4 weeks and 1 day prior to this occurrence. There was no help. I tried to get assistance but no one could help. At about 5 against my wife's wishes I started attempting to change the tire. Sometime after 6 with blood and bruises and torn clothes I finally got it changed. We drove to Ozark Alabama for the night because no one had helped us. We could not get any assistance fixing the tire. The next day I spent hours and finally convinced a truck stop to help me against their company rules.

I called Good Sam service and filed a complaint. They never responded to me although they said they called twice and my phone was out of order. Of course I have been using it each day many times throughout the day tha. I called Dec 20 and talked to not helpful people. One of them was a coordinator who was supposed to be one of the big shots. This person offered me an extended warranty. Having been through all that through that day and the following day all two expenses I told him that I was principled and could not accept his puny offer. I am working to send messages of this account to Washington DC and every other internet social site to blackball Good Sam Club. This was absolutely awful. I couldn't walk. I couldn't drive the truck and they won't send help on a major thoroughfare a few miles down the road from Montgomery Alabama or Dothan Alabama.

Hello Ken,