Find a Roadside Assistance Services partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I called Good Sam Roadside Assistance at 10:46 am. It is now 4:05pm and I am still waiting. When I called customer service the representative told me these things happen and there is nothing she could do but cancel and put me back in line with another company. So beware when traveling as you may end up on the side of the road for hours.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I needed an inner rear tire replaced on our Class C motorhome the night before we were leaving on a trip. The tire had a slow leak and was down to 40 psi (recommended 80 psi). Good Sam arranged for a local service to take care of it, but they “no showed” claiming, after 2 hours, that their truck broke down??? The RV was parked in front of our home, so it was much less stressful. After another hour Good Sam put me in touch with two supervisors who explained it was a busy Friday evening and due to Covid service companies were short handed. It took another two hours for a service company, located about 60 miles from my home to get to me. I presume Good Sam paid extra for that...but they did take care of it. One supervisor kept in constant contact until the job was done. Granted the situation was not ideal but I appreciated Good Sam’s honesty and determination in getting the job completed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

We had a flat tire on our 30 foot RV and didn’t have the right tools to change it ourselves so we called Good Sam Roadside. After telling her way too much information that had nothing to do with a flat tire she placed me on hold. After another 5 minutes on hold she asked some of the same questions. After paying over $200 on my credit card I received 4 text saying, "We are still working to secure service for your vehicle." This is now 45 minutes on a busy highway. We called a local company ourselves and 20 minutes later and 1/2 the cost we were back on the road. I called Good Sam to cancel and they still hadn’t “secured” service. Even after I repeated the information on the first phone call more than once it was still wrong. We will not be renewing our Good Sam membership.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I called them to tow my car. It's on the 10 Freeway. It's been over 5 hours. I have no clue what time they will provide the service. This is my 4th eta. They are keep giving false eta. Terrible service. I don't know how I ended up buying their service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have been a Good Sam member for several years. After my policy renewed automatically on August 23, I received a letter dated August 25 explaining that my membership had been cancelled. The letter explained that Good Sam "makes assumptions pertaining to the average costs associated with individual memberships and from time to time memberships are cancelled where individual member costs significantly exceed those averages." Good Sam Roadside Assistance cancelled my policy because they said the cost of my membership "significantly exceeded those averages."

So...they couldn't have made that decision BEFORE charging my debit card???? Now I am waiting for a pro-rated refund that will take 4 weeks. This is unacceptable! Good Sam Roadside Assistance claims they provide service but if you use it, they cancel you! And worse, they charge you and then make the decision to cancel. And so I wait to be reimbursed. Horrible business practice.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Riddle: What do you call people depending on help from Good Sam? Answer: STRANDED. I have needed assistance/towed twice with no results either time. I was stuck on the interstate with pick-up and 30 foot travel trailer about 6:00 pm. After being on the phone for a long time giving a lot of info, etc the woman was asking more questions about my location. I gave the closest town and the exit number where I was etc. I finally said "should I call a tow truck. You sound like you might not be able to help me". Her response was "well not today". (By this time it was getting dark.) I asked for her name and or employee number and she hung up on me. I called a tow truck and paid for it myself.

My other issue was on a Sunday about 1:30 pm long time on phone giving info. Then long time waiting for a callback. Finally got a callback from someone with a bad cutting out phone asking about what motor was in my truck. His phone quit and I never got called back. Somewhere about 4:00 I gave up and dealt with it myself. A lot of money I should not have spent. I thought I HAD insurance, I sure paid for it. Good Sam SUCKS! Can you tell I'm frustrated and angry?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I purchased the most expensive package Good Scam offered for my wife and daughters. Within a year we used the towing service three times. Each time we were charged anywhere from $30 to $50 dollars for tows that were supposed to be free. Good scam has since canceled our policy stating that we exceeded the average usage. The policy was to cover four people and it was used three times. This is hardly excessive usage. Good scam should be put out of business. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I gave up AAA for Good Sam. Big mistake. I been waiting here since 10am for a tow truck. It’s now 2:40 pm. Called about 8 times. Each time the truck is 15 mins away. Now it’s 6 mins away. Then the ad I saw when I bought said 500 miles. Today when I call for tow, it’s 9 miles unless it’s being towed to a certified shop. Then it’s unlimited. WTF?

I waited almost 5 hours in 98 degree weather. The first time I used them my ignition went out less than a mile from home. I waited nearly 2 hour only for my be truck to never show. Didn’t answer calls from me or Good Sam. So they had to call a different provider. Meaning I had to wait even longer. Good Sam is a joke. They tow you where they want. You don’t go to just any dentist, doctor, etc. So if you want to take your car to your regular mechanic, you crap out of luck. Because they show there is a certified shop .5 miles away. That’s where you have to go. Otherwise you have to pay for your tow. Very misleading advertising. First I was told I had 9 miles free. Then I was told I only had 4 miles free. Just all the way ad everywhere. I give them a negative 1000 with a moldy cherry on top. AAA I’m on my way back…

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

So we broke down in Portland in our RV on a side road. We called roadside assistance for a tow or help they keep telling us there's no mechanic in the area there's no trucks in the area. The alternator went out. That's it. I just need somebody to come out with the impact gun, take the pulley off, so I can put on the new one. I will give this no stars because they've been given us go around and we need help or I've been on the phone with them for over an hour waiting for customer service or they will call us back and they never do.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Marcus at Good Sam/camping world posts signs. IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY, I'M NOT HAPPY. CALL MY OFFICE. Not happening. "We are experiencing high than usual call volume, please wait or call back". So I sent an email. No response. So we broke down towing a 2020 Montana in south Pennsylvania. Called in our platinum top tier tow coverage. Long story condensed...six hours to get confirmed tow trucks en route. So my contract says all vehicles covered. It is after all RV towing coverage. Good Sam uses a third party conglomerate service named Agero posing as good Sam FYI. They have no clue about good Sam coverage. We were told we could have a tow company but the camper was covered but not the truck.

Three times operators put us on hold to check with supervisors who confirmed BOTH vehicles were covered. In the end the excuse was, no tow dispatch could happen without credit card payment to good Sam of $191.00 and if we refused they would cancel our tow. We were promised a receipt for both tows so we could submit a claim since Agero agreed we shouldn't have to pay but the computer made us. Three days on with dispatch and no receipt was received. So we paid. We have since called Marcus' office. Good Sam customer service and submitted a claim online. Claim said 4-6 weeks for review. Almost instantly got a denial for failure to submit a receipt even though I included pictures of email conversations we had with Agero saying they sent the receipt but it never came and they didn't know why.

So currently in addition to having the top tier towing coverage, good Sam held us hostage over a $191 charge illegally. And as stated, save your breath getting any satisfaction out of customer service. The one rep we spoke with agreed based on our contract we shouldn't have had to pay anything but still no resolve from good Sam. Tow operator found it comical we had to pay also and said he never heard of such an arrangement.

Summary...we did get towed but not until we were extorted for more money. But if you get stuck and think good Sam will bail you out....think again. They might, but not without a bunch of nonsense. And be aware that good Sam is not good Sam, but a third party company. My advice I am doing. I'm keeping good Sam, but also buying AAA RV ultimate. I'll have both. Good luck to those who unfortunately break down and have to use good Sam.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information