Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.27/5

General Motors

General Motors, also called GM, is a major national auto manufacturer of trucks, SUVs, crossovers and vans under several different brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

344 General Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 27, 2018

GMC Terrain - Other family members had this model car and I was impressed with the smooth ride. They seemed happy with the performance so when I was ready to trade cars this is the model that I searched for. Great looking car, gets good gas mileage. Have had no mechanical problems at all. Transports five comfortably with plenty of cargo room. Great all-around vehicle and continually receive compliments on how attractive the car is.

But I have had trouble with the WiFi and phone charger outlet. Not sure if it is only with my vehicle but have tried to get it fixed and was told I would have to take it to the manufacturer's dealership. I haven't done that because it was quite a bit of trouble and I didn't purchase it there. Also, since purchasing the car I have had some physical problems with my shoulders and lifting the back cargo door is a little difficult because it is so heavy. I am thinking about trading for a slightly smaller car that would be easier for me to handle.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I wanted a taller vehicle and I like the 2003 GMC Envoy. I am tall and I really enjoy how easy it is to get in and out of. I also liked the price they were asking for it. I also favor GMC automobiles, I know they are dependable. This is the first SUV that have ever owned and I love it! I highly recommend this type of vehicle. I like the way it drives, the color and it isn't bad on gas. I also like the fact my heat blows hot as soon as I start my GMC. But I would make the leather seats heated. I have interior lights on floor in both front and back.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I love my 2002 GMC Envoy! This has most definitely been my fav vehicle that I have ever owned. My Envoy has so much space for transportation of items or for long distances with the family. I chose this vehicle originally based on the spaciousness! The GMC gave me the right amount of luxury and was still amazingly functional for my large family! I could easily put my daughter's wheelchair in the back but still be able to park it once we got where we were going. The only downfall of owning my Envoy has been the prices that all replacement parts seem to be! If anything breaks on the Envoy, I have Easily dropped at least $200 on the replacement part. This is ridiculous! That also doesn't include the cost of the work that was done to it.

Original review: June 22, 2018

1998 GMC Jimmy SLE 4x4 has automatic locks and windows and child safety. The truck area has extra space. You can put the space under truck and can fit quite bit on truck. Good name and run good. Easy to fix if something goes wrong. Truck has 4x4 drive, keypad alarm, and fog lights. Seats are automated. It's very easy to drive. It has back windshield wipers. Inside lights and brakes work great. It's good on gas. The truck lets us know if we need to check any kind of gadgets and lets us know gas and the mileage. It is very easy to handle and very easy to drive and fix.

It can fit five people. Usually it has two adults, three kids in car seats in truck. It's comfortable to take it in long rides most of the dang time. It does good in the rain as long as you check the air in tires. Check everything else before you go out and about... And we can open the back to sit or even camp out or to sit by fire or go to park or even go through drive in. We can open back and lay back to watch the movie at the drive in. We like it very much 'cause of the room and what it has. Love it in every way. Best truck I ever got.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We just bought a 5 year old Terrain last month and so far we love it. We chose it based on mileage and condition. It's in great shape, has low mileage and is very clean and runs well. I have not owned a GMC before now but I am pretty impressed so far. We like the backup camera, ability to connect to our phone, CD player. I like the height and style of the SUV. I love the heated bucket seats and the roomy hatch area. There is plenty of leg room which my husband and son appreciate. The seats are nice and comfortable too. But I have trouble using the cruise control. It's awkward to use safely. I have to take my eyes off the road to see what I'm doing which is certainly not safe. I also do not like the button on the hatch door instead of a handle. I'm worried that it will malfunction quickly and be a pain to use afterwards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Original review: May 20, 2019

We bought a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT brand new from the dealer. At 19,000 miles the AC compressor went out, warranty covered that expense. 2 years later the compressor had a leak and the dealer recharged the compressor. This was done without our knowledge while we had the vehicle in for an oil change. At 90,000 miles we had a new transmission installed for $4200. That was our fault for not getting rid of the Terrain. In 2017 the check engine light came on, we were told it was a sensor for the exhaust. 2 days ago the AC compressor went out again. The Terrain was back at the dealer today. We were told the compressor was bad and needed replacing, $1000. The check engine light was really the timing chain needed to be replaced $2000. The vehicle has 115000 miles on it and I can't afford to have it fixed. GMC should step up to the plate and give me and my wife some assistance. We are both retired living off social security!!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have been complaining about the same concerns to GMC customer assistance for months. I am not getting any assistance from the dealer and a customer “senior” case manager seems to forget our conversations EVERY TIME! I have been being pulled along for a ride regarding how important my business is and that they will have a resolution to either trade me out of my car with assistance or buy this lemon back. It is appalling how I am being treated right now after being patient for months and months and trying to work with a brand that I have been very loyal to, to receive zero action and all talk. I will be trading in my vehicle and leaving the brand after spending over 75k on a Denali and 60k on a Suburban brand new off the lot from a GMC dealer. All over poor customer service.

Original review: May 9, 2019

My Disappointing Experience with General Motors and Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC. November 10, 2018, my vehicle began to misfire. I had the code pulled and contacted Ryan **, Service Advisor at Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC, on November 12, 2018 to bring my vehicle for repair of cylinder 2 and 4 on November 17, 2018. By November 15, 2018, driving conditions worsened and I had to take the vehicle earlier than expected to Leith Buick GMC on November 16, 2018. They gave me a loaner to drive while they had my vehicle for service and repair. By November 20, 2018, Ryan ** confirmed the misfire was on cylinder 2 and 4, along with other mechanical issues found. Ryan ** gave me pricing for all of the repairs and we discussed options for a possible trade. He forwarded my information to a sales representative, which whom I met with on November 23, 2018.

After deep thought and discussion, I declined to trade down to a 4 door sedan with higher payment and authorized cylinder 2 and 4 to be repaired only. November 28, 2018 the repairs authorized was implemented and paid in full. March 3, 2019 my vehicle began to misfire again. I had the code pulled and found that the misfire was on cylinder 2; one of the same cylinders that Leith repaired November 28, 2018. March 4, 2019 I contacted Ryan ** to discuss the issue and to find out if the parts were refurbished that was put on the cylinders because it did not last.

Ryan ** stated they were not refurbished parts, but that they could have been bad. He stated that I could bring the vehicle back to them and they would repair it. I refused to put the vehicle under additional stress to drive over an hour and a half for to have the repairs done again. Ryan stated being that the repairs were under warranty; I could go to any GM dealership to have it repaired that was closest to me. I called three GM dealerships in my area: David Westcott Buick/GMC in Burlington, NC; Flow Buick GMC of Greensboro, NC; and Bill Black Chevrolet of Greensboro, NC. All were busy and stated that they would have to keep the vehicle for at least three days and did not have a loaner available for me to drive to get back and forth to work. So, my only other option was to purchase the parts and have the vehicle repaired by another mechanic.

March 7, 2019, I purchased the parts and instructed the mechanic to save the engine ignition coil and spark plug on cylinder 2 so that I could take it back to the dealership. The mechanic repaired what I asked and gave me back the coil and spark plug. To my surprise it was not a Bosch coil. It was an aftermarket part that did not match the invoice. April 10, 2019 I changed cylinder 4 coil and spark plug. I asked the mechanic to again give me back the coil and spark plug. To my surprise cylinder 4 coil was aftermarket as well.

April 19, 2019, I took the parts back to Leith Buick GMC. I spoke with Ryan ** about the issue. Ryan ** denied that that they put the parts on the vehicle. He stated that I did not know and they could have come off of cylinder 3 and 5. He berated me with questions on what side of the engine it came off of, left or right. He said the parts they use are Bosch and showed me one as an example, pointing out the difference in the part. That the parts they use have part numbers and the part that I brought back did not. He would not listen to me at all.

He kept saying that because I took the vehicle to someone else for repair there was nothing that they could do. I reminded him of our conversation March 4, 2019 and that I tried to do what he said and enlightened him of the outcome from it. He also stated that maybe I brought the parts to him. I told him that I did not bring the parts to them and the only parts that I took to them that they did not put on was the intake cover gasket.

Ryan was still not willing to listen to me. He claimed I hollered at him, which I did not. My voice became firmer because he was still insinuating sublimely that I was lying about the parts. I was merely trying to get my point across to him and was getting frustrated because he was not listening to me and insinuating that I was telling an untruth. I told him that I was not a mechanic but I knew what I purchased and had repaired. I told him that I was not going to drive over and hour and a half for a lie. I told him that those were the parts they put on that was taken off and that I wanted a refund.

At this point, Ryan ** took the parts from his desk and placed them outside his door onto the sidewalk and told me to get out of his office. I told him that I would leave his office, and he sat back down in his chair. I told him before leaving that he knew they put those parts on my car and that they were no good. He then got up and walked away. I told him that I was going to have an investigation in their place of business to look at their records as he was walking away and then went outside to retrieve the parts placed on the sidewalk. I went back inside the dealership to find Ryan **. He was standing at a window to the billing office. I let him know that I was going to send the parts to the CEO of GM. 4/26/2019, Mailed failed equipment taken off of cylinder #2 and #4 to CEO, Mary Barr of GM. 5/6/2019, Spoke to Matt with GM Executive Office. He confirmed receipt of packaging and letter. He took down all details.

5/8/2019, Spoke to Matt again with GM Executive Office. He stated he spoke with the service manager at Leith and the service manager assured him that they only use GM approved parts. The service manager stated that I was shown the parts they use. He stated because I did not take the vehicle back to them it could not be verified by GM that that they actually did it. He stated due to the age and mileage of the vehicle a loaner would not have been made available to me to drive. He stated that because the vehicle had previous owners that the parts could have been put on by them. So from all of the facts Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC was not going to refund my money. I was told that if I had called the 800 number that maybe they could have worked something out. Matt also stated that they would have everything on file if it something more should come of this and that he would now consider the case closed.

Matt with GM Executive Office, sided with Leith, their authorized dealership and basically said in not too many words that I was telling an untruth as well. Leith billed me for parts they claim they put on but never did. The parts that came off did not have the part numbers stated on the invoice. In closing, I am highly upset regarding the way I was treated and for the blatant disrespect shown by Ryan **. I feel if I had been a man of any race or a ** woman, he would have shown more respect, patience and listened to me. He would not have insinuated sublimely that I was lying. He would have immediately taken action to resolve the issue and apologized for the error.

But because I am a ** woman, he felt he could disrespect me, talk to me any kind of way and sublimely call me a liar. As much as I like my Buick, I have decided to trade it for another make and model, namely their competition. I will not patronize a company that treats their consumers that way and call them liars sublimely.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Coolant leaks gradually from the waterpump until engine overheats. GM knows this is an issue with this car. This car was bought brand new and was sold to my father-in-law, a WWII veteran who was 87 years old when he bought the car. Car was brought back to the dealership multiple times soon after it was purchased. The issue was never fixed properly and car overheated again and again and again.

Ownership was transferred to us when my father-in-law was diagnosed with dementia and could no longer drive. As second owners we were never informed there is a special warranty covering this exact issue. The car has overheated for us multiple times. We've spent over $1,000 trying to get this issue fixed. GM refuses to reimburse us and cannot seem to give a reasonable explanation as to why the dealership (Muzi Chevy in Needham, MA) never notified us of this special warranty even though we brought the car back there ourselves for this very issue - GM never notified us of this special warranty either. Terrible experience - terrible car. We will NEVER buy another GM vehicle.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Sum it up, I traded in my 08 Infiniti. Purchased a "certified used" 2015 Cadillac XTS 33,000 miles. Let's just say 2 years later, 62,320 I have spent OVER $9,200!!! Both headlights and ballast, taillight = $3675, then while on a family road trip, the rear compressor decided to give up with no warning! Dropping the back of the car basically to the ground while going 70 miles an hour! Then the same week had to replace the front struts and mounts?? Not even including all of the nuisance system updates all over 150 bucks!! Come to find out my neighbor had the same problems but traded his! These cars are beautiful but they cut corners in quality!! Hence why you don't see any CT6's on the road and why Cadillac's product is deteriorating every year! Wish I would have known before my nightmare!

Original review: April 22, 2019

The brakes on my 2017 Buick Envision squeak loudly when backing up and I only had 12,000 miles when this first occurred. I have taken the car twice to Suburban Buick GMC of Troy, Michigan and they said GM is aware of the issue but will not repair since it is life threatening. GM has notified all dealers that this is caused by performance brakes that have dust buildup. The service person stated they have had hundreds of complaint across all GM cars that have these performance brakes. I have purchased dozens of GM cars in the past but will consider other car companies in the future. Has anyone experienced this problem with other car manufacturers?

Original review: April 12, 2019

Please all 2016 2018 Chevy Malibu owners please do not drive that car. Reduced power motor is a very dangerous situation. GM is not listen. Please people do not drive a car. I just barely made it out alive when it happened to me. Run down the row with 80,000 pounds behind me. No way off the highway but to run down to the ditch.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We purchased a oil pump through a local car dealership. We had to pay our mechanic to install the oil pump. The car was still having issues. We had to pay to take the vehicle to a dealership to run diagnostics to find the issue. It was confirmed the oil pump was defective and needed to be replaced. We were able to return the part and exchange for a new one with the original dealership. I asked that dealership about getting our expense on having to replace the oil pump and the diagnostics testing ($850) refunded. I was told the dealership would not issue any refund on that and to contact GM. I called GM's customer support line and was told because the mileage exceeded 36,000 miles, they would not offer any assistance on getting a refund on our expenses incurred from the defective part.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a 2013 GMC Terrain. It had 74000 miles on it when I bought it. 50000 miles later I have spent 2500 dollars on it. Hub replacement, wheel sensor replacement, leaking gasket causing strong fuel odor in the vehicle. Now, to top it all off I have an oil consumption issue. It's using a quart every thousand miles. When the oil gets low no warning lights come on. The dealer says it will be a minimum 3000 dollars to fix and very it's very possible the motor would have to be replaced. I have 2 friends that own Chevy or GMC SUVs and they have had the same issue. GM is not the quality it used to be. Dont buy it.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I currently own a 2015 Cadillac Escalade which I have owned since 2015. We recently discovered a water leak on the driver's side second row on the roof where the seams meet by the back door, the water has leaked down the inner panel affecting the seat belt causing it to lock out. The entire carpet from the second row to the third row was wet producing the smell of mold. After taking my vehicle to two different Cadillac dealers they found the leak we had already discovered.

General Motors has denied the claim made by the dealership, they are not taking accountability for their faulty vehicle and supporting us the consumer who has trusted them to produce a high quality product worth the large investment we made. I am beyond disappointed in General Motors and the poor customer service we have received from them. This issue is 100% a manufacture defect, we did not cause this issue to occurs and now we are stuck with the cost of the repair and breathing in the mold which is a hazard to myself and 3 young kids' health. I am appalled at the lack of support from General Motors. I bought a Cadillac expecting a high quality product and high quality customer service which is not at all what we have received. I am truly disappointed.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Our Chevy Volt grew MOLD all over the front and back seats after winter snowstorms! After taking in to find the cause and have it remedied we were told it needed to be detailed before anyone felt safe getting in it to work. They told us we needed to approve the detailing for them to move forward but not to worry because we most likely would not be charged since it leaked. The next day they called saying it that the mold had been "cleaned" and that we needed to come pick it up and pay $200!!! A car with mold is NOT fixed with a rag! BAIT and SWITCH!

This is an attempt to put the responsibility on us. They even had the nerve to suggest we must have left the windows down in the middle of winter in Washington! Or that my husband left his wet swim trunks ??? (again, winter in Washington!) in the backseat of his commuter car! That did not happen. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. We have been loyal GM customers.

I own a GMC Yukon and were in the market for a Sierra pickup, but will never buy another vehicle from them and will not be able to recommend in the future like I have in the past. Instead I will tell people our horror story. GM should be ashamed! This is why companies like Amazon are thriving - because they take care of their customers. Maybe other companies should take notice before they're obsolete.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I own a 2017 Equinox, with less than 65,000 miles on it, so out of warranty by mileage by less than 2,000 miles but by year "covered" until 2021. My car broke down on the highway, and after getting it to a Chevy dealership I was told that I need to completely replace my engine! I had been driving my car for a solid 30 minutes before my car broke down, with no warning lights, or indication that something was wrong. I receive the diagnostic reports every month and in the last report sent to me in January nothing indicated that something was wrong with my engine. The only reason I called GM to see what they could do was because I was not far out of my warranty, I had never had a single issue with my car or major work done, and till that point been very satisfied with GM.

Since I was out of warranty by mileage GM refused to help cover the cost ($5,000 just for the engine and $2,400 service and labor), and that the best thing that could be offered was what the dealership offered which was $300 off, and a $250 mail and rebate! When I asked to speak to someone above a Senior advisor, they told me that no one is able to talk to a district manager, or regional manager since they're traveling to dealerships all the time and don't have time to talk. So I just had to swallow the fact that I had to pay $7,400 out of pocket.

I love my car, and when I got my car back I was so happy! BUT... I am fearful that as I continue to drive this car, or a GM product I am setting myself up for another massive expense. I will not be speaking highly of GM products and I will never be purchasing a GM product ever again. This is a large large large Corporation, and I did not go to customer service with a car that had 100,000+ miles or with a car that was 5+years old. I came to you with a 2-year-old car and with less than 65,000 miles on it and received no help, or even met half way! If anyone is looking for advice or on the fence about making a purchase of a GM car Do not go through with it.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I am absolutely stunned by the way GM handled my case. Yes, my car was out of the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Only by 2 years. Car ONLY had 55,000 miles on it, before the transmission went out. After 55,000 miles!!! Yup, you guessed it, GM wants me to eat this one in $4,000 in repairs!!! GM is a joke. Didn't even offer to help compensate, no discount. NOTHING. I will never buy another Chevy EVER again. I will also warn others to steer clear of Chevy. Worst experience ever. Not to mention they provided parts/equipment to the German army in WW II. Makes sense now.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Leased a 2019 Colorado crew cab long box 4x4 on Dec 12, 2018. Fuel gauge has not worked properly since taking possession. Has been back to dealer 2 times now with no resolve. Truck has now developed a nasty rumbling sensation (like driving over rumble strips) at all speeds with it being more noticeable at 55 or above. Dealer states that this is due to the wrong transmission fluid being used in the 8 speed transmission but they (dealership) does not have the required tools to drain and replace fluid. Gas gauge issue is still not resolved. Requested a GM buyback of vehicle three weeks ago. (Truck has under 1000 miles on it) Have finally heard back from GM and they agree to buy back the truck. Now I have to figure out what to buy. Note: I also leased a 2019 Traverse LT for my wife the same day. I am thinking that these will be my last GM products.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I bought a 2014 GMC truck with thirty one thousand miles and I drove it for three years to eighty four thousand miles and my family and I went for a road trip to Vegas Nevada and we were driving on a parking lot around 5 miles an hour and for no reason the motor broke down and Chevy wouldn’t honor the warranty. It cost me 10,000 dollars to get it fix at Fairway Chevrolet in Vegas and they didn’t do a good job. Now I have a check engine light on. Now a local dealer wants 1700 dollars to fix it. So I’m really mad at General Motors.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

They sure don't care about us after they sell the car. Safety recall in my car they refuse to honor because of vin #. Clearly it can be seen with one's eyes. Exact recall but they say no it's not in their system? I have it saved in my phone. An official GM site with recall # and still refuse. What a joke and a very sad case. Shame on GM.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Bought a very expensive GMC Yukon Denali in Sep 2017 and almost a year from that, car started with engine malfunction and shaking while we are driving putting us on risk. We tried to take the car to the dealership 3 times for the same issue and nothing has been fixed. I scheduled the 4th visit this week on Wednesday but not sure if worthless. I do not trust anymore GM, GMC, the dealership and the customer relationship care. Definitely, the car maker do not take care of customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Bought a 2018 Chevy Sonic in late August with only 220 miles. Several week ago went to get in my car and my car would not start. Called GM and they said since my car is new with only 5,000 miles everything will be covered under warranty and they will tow it to the nearest Chevy dealer. Had to call the dealer several times to see what the issue was and this went on for days. Finally get an answer back and they said that I will not be covered for a rental car or for the service because they claimed they found a high level of ethanol in my tank and it’s going to be $500 out of pocket for all these cleanings they need to do. I got completely ripped off. Ended up paying a total of $468 for “cleanings” plus the cost of my rental I had to get for several days.

GM handled my complaint poorly and has taken weeks to get back to me and said they will not offer reimbursement because it was my fault I had ethanol in my tank and I can only use unleaded fuel. So I told them that I have only used unleaded fuel and the owner manual only states you can not use E85 of flex fuel which is common sense. So after all these weeks they refuse to help and shut me up by throwing me a $100 service certificate that I can only use all at once. So I’m out several hundred dollars on a brand new car. On top of that my fuel economy in my car is so poor now that I got it back from the dealer and I never had this issue prior to taking it in for service. Now I’m stuck with a Brand new car that they messed up. Never buy Gm cars again and they could care less about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

2011 Cruze + Dex-Cool = defective cooling system and an unsafe vehicle to drive. It's corroding everything that touches this stuff. 5 water pump/gasket replacements. 5 blown (while driving!!) radiator/heater hoses. 2 water outlet replacements. 1 thermostat housing replacement. 2 intake manifold gaskets. 1 major headache. I can't ethically sell to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

2018 Equinox with 1.5 turbo. Purchased July 23rd of 2018. Starting at 6700 miles and 3 months of driving we got check engine light. Well, 3 months, 7000 miles later, 9 repair tickets. Ranging from new intercooler, ECM, Mass AirFlow Sensor, Camshaft Actuator Solenoid, still getting Check Engine Light and Reduced Engine Power message. Been sitting at Rusty Wallace Chevrolet Service Department since January 11th 2019. Today is February 3. Now they are holding on a complete Engine wire harness. GM just offered a replacement and we pay attorney fees. NOT. General Motors does NOT care about customers. I would be surprised if they cared about their employees. Oh wait, they don't. That's why several U.S.A. PLANTS are closing. Do NOT buy General Motors, they won't help.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We bought a 2017 Chevy Silverado new. We drove it off the lot and on our way home it started stuttering. We took it back several times to the dealership. We were told things such as: GM knew there was a problem but couldn't fix it, it needed to get used to the way we drive, it needs broke in. Two years down the road it continues to have problems and they are only getting bigger. GM will not stand behind the fact that there is something wrong with this truck and make it right. We drove our last Chevy truck for 12 years and now are hesitant to continue to drive GM products. They advertise as the "working man's truck" but won't stand behind it when there is a problem.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

"Service center completely scammed me." If I could give it a zero I would. Took my car in a year ago because it was stalling. They said they fixed it for $400 which some was covered under warranty. They replaced timing chain and gaskets. Still stalling so recently I had aftermarket solenoids put in. It was still stalling and check engine light came. Took it to Gordon’s and John ** told me it would be $542 and that’s it’s because I had aftermarket solenoids. I was hesitant, but he convinced me it would be running good after.

Next day he calls me and tells me it will be over $1400. But at this point they already changed the solenoids and that didn’t work. They misdiagnosed the problem. I tell them forget it and pick up my car. On the work order for the 1400 they have timing chain, gaskets and actuator. The same things they supposedly fixed a year ago. They still charged me $500 for the solenoids. Paid $500 for absolutely nothing and check engine lights still on. Nothing fixed for $500. I will be putting in a complaint through the state of Michigan. We actually have also talked to our cousin who is a lawyer. I feel like they took advantage of me because I am a woman. Also when I questioned him he hung up on me!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Bought a new 2013 3500HD Duramax Diesel that doesn't get driven a great deal. Just over 20K miles and both "Knock Sensors" failed along with other Diesel Exhaust components. > $700 to replace sensors. Contacted GM and they tell me to read the Owner's Manual on Warranty - 36 Months. Not the first issue with sensors on this vehicle. My first new Chevrolet purchase ever and most likely the last. Happy with my 2003 Toyota Tundra with > 300K miles on it and no sensor problems. Stay away from GM.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We purchased a GMC Canyon, the contract was incorrect per our original agreement. I have proof of the original agreement, I took a picture of it. We were kept until right before closing and encouraged to sign without looking at any of the contract. We were taken advantage of over 5000 dollars. I have went into GM three times and called at least 8 times. Every time I am promised management will return my call. To date they have not called.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Worst car ever bought. I bought a brand new 2018 Terrain about 4 month ago and it has a weird noise in the transmission and the dealership and GM say they can't do anything about it. Would never recommend. I really regret buying a GM vehicle.

General Motors Company Information