Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.22/5

General Motors

General Motors, also called GM, is a major national auto manufacturer of trucks, SUVs, crossovers and vans under several different brands. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

353 General Motors Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

Bought 2019 Trax 2/8/19. Month later recall letter. Called GMC. told vehicle is unsafe but I could drive it, and they didn't know when parts would be in. I just had to wait till GMC figured it out! I told GMC I did not want a vehicle coming out of the gate with wheels issues. They first spoke of buy out, then I was told they are not going to accept the vehicle back! Since then I have gotten 2 invoices one stating VEHICLE NEEDS RE WELDING OF RIGHT AND LEFT ARM. Took vehicle Friday and was told it didn't need a fix. Questioned them about their finding, and their manager said he stood by his mechanic's report.

Took it back to dealer who said it was needed. They informed me that they had to take vehicle, and that the other dealer called it wrong. Incompetent mechanics/and putting UNSAFE VEHICLES on road, tire issues? Not acceptable. I will be speaking to an Attorney. I don't want this vehicle and I will take measures, No one forces me to take a used car, sold as new, but work already has to be done! This fix will only last till warranty is up, and then all cost to me! I don't trust anything coming from GMC. Mechanic put me back in the road with a false safety report! 2 different invoices!? Wow.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have a 2010 and repeatedly have issues. It has been to the dealer as it completely lost power in rush hour. Car dash said Service ABS, power, saver mode, traction control, service ESC and then died. I took to shop and they replaced the PCM is what they told me. Car has since had lose of power, sluggish, dies periodically, and now almost 3 years after thousand dollar repair not to mention the air bag light that is on that they are telling me will cost at least 1000 dollars as well to repair as my car is out of warranty and that it is a safety concern.

My car died again while coming through a intersection and the P0341 has come up and been replaced four times since February 2019. This car is a danger and I am forced to drive it when it runs as I have so much money invested I can't afford a new one. I have also replaced the throttle body and just about every sensor under the hood including spark plugs and battery and car is still acting up. Why are they not helping us. Someone is going to get killed. It stalls suddenly and with little to no warning. I am terrified to transport my kids in this car. Please help us…

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2019

General Motors is the biggest pile of crap around. The 5 star Chevrolet dealership AutoNation Arrowhead totally screwed up my car after a routine oil change back on Dec 23 2017 and they ended up blowing out my engine so they ended up replacing the engine starter cooling fan along with the battery and at that point I told GM that I should rather have them replace my vehicle because it only had 16000 miles and all they wanted to do since it was under warranty but I didn't want that because then I'd take a huge loss when I go trade it in or go sell it so then I got an attorney involved back on March 2018 and they still haven't taken care of anything to this point.

I even emailed Yvette Ibarra who is the CEO of GM and she didn't do a thing either so goes show you why then clowns went filed for government assistance. That's because they aren't worth a crap. They can all rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. I have no sympathy for them clowns so whatever you do dont buy a GM vehicle because the moment you have a problem like I did they will blow you off 100%.

Original review: June 27, 2019

We had to take our Buick in due to a leak in the sun roof. GM informed us that that is not covered under warranty. They stated the sun roof is not water tight. It is designed to have some water penetrate where it is collected in a channel and drained. The problem with our leak was that the drains were plugged by the material that landed on the roof and flowed into the drain channels with the water. Since it was foreign material clogging the drain and not a manufacturing defect it is not a warranty item on our car with 13,000 miles.

Who knew that a roof was not water tight and cannot be allowed to get dirt or seed pods on it or it might leak. My dealer has stepped up to handle it but not GM as of yet. I have call my 2nd level customer service rep 12 times over 24 hrs and just get voicemail saying my call is important and they will call me back asap. GM has 2 things broken, 1 is obviously a poorly designed sun roof, the other is something you can only laughably call customer service.

Original review: June 26, 2019

It would seem that General Motors doesn’t understand customer satisfaction. Before today, if you would ever ask me what car to buy, I would always recommend a GM vehicle. It will be long time before I do that again. Through my local dealer I ordered a part 2 weeks ago, for which they took my money to order it, the part has shipped to one of the GM warehouses, who doesn’t seem to have any urgency to release to the dealer from which I purchased it.

Even the dealer has no luck requesting the release of the part and GM customer service says I have to work through the dealer to get the part released because once it has shipped from GM, GM is no longer responsible for it, even though, according to my local dealer, this warehouse 75 is the GM centralized distribution center. I am now waiting on a supervisor from GM customer service to call me back. 24 to 48 hours although in the meantime I am stuck driving on a cracked GM rim that could go out at any time. Being a GM owner all my adult life, this has me frustrated and has developed a true regret in standing by GM all these years. General Motors, you have lost a long term supporter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Bought a 2017 Silverado from Clark’s, after 8 month agonizing experience with a dealer who ran me around with excuses, charged me for repairs which had nothing to do with the flawed product they sold me, even though it was under warranty, which is a joke by the way. They kept telling me they didn’t know what was wrong with the vehicle and after many trips there basically told me it’s up to me and GM to solve. By all the reviews I’ve read about this treatment of their customers it sounds like it’s a trend. I wouldn’t recommend a GM product to anybody with this lack of concern about their customers or their product in which they do not stand behind. I'd rate them a negative 5 stars.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased my 2014 GMC Terrain 2 years ago as a used vehicle with 15,000 miles on it. I have been overall very satisfied with the looks and performance of this vehicle. A few months ago we started having a shudder happen at acceleration. We didn't know what it might be from and it was so intermittent that we didn't immediately have it checked out. As the weather warmed the shudder happened more often and eventually made it to where it was difficult to pull out from an intersection due to no acceleration. We took it to a dealer to have it checked out and were advised that there is problem with several model years of GM transmissions having the torque converter "delaminate" which causes debris to spread through the transmission and causes it to fail.

This is the case with ours and with a $5400 price tag to replace the transmission. We complained that since this is 2019 and it's a 2014 with 59,000 miles shouldn't it be covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. They advised it was out of the 5 years by 7 months from the "in-service" date. They did offer a 30% discount but we still felt this was way too much to pay for a transmission.

We decided to take to a transmission shop for repair. The price ended up being the same as what the discounted price would be from the dealer. I contacted GM and was told that they wouldn't work with me on this since the repairs weren't being done at a dealer. By the time that we discussed, it was too late to stop the repairs at the transmission shop. I was disgusted that GM wouldn't stand behind a vehicle with less than 60,000 miles with transmission failure and only 5 years old. This vehicle has not been abused or neglected in service. I am ready to say that we will no longer consider GM vehicles as possible options when we replace this or any of our other vehicles, even though we have been lifetime GM fans/owners.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased a used 2010 Traverse from Peruzzi GMC. When I test drove it, it was fine. We go to leave the dealer with the vehicle and the check engine light was on! The salesman tells me, "oh its probably just a gas cap, drive it and it will go away." I refused to take the vehicle without having something in writing. Good thing because we left and the light never went off.

A few days later I had my wife bring it back and the code was for the timing chain! Dealer had no choice but to replace it being as I had it in writing although they act like they did us a favor...Apparently they changed the chains and never bothered changing the oil which had bits and pieces of debris from failing pieces in it. Not even 4,500 miles after purchasing the engine seized without any warning with my wife and 4 kids in the car on our way home.

GM denied any responsibility and only went to the shop to try and find reasons as to why they wouldn't help. The service manager told me the motor failed because I didn't change the oil. Mind you, when replacing the chain the dealer should have changed the oil and didn't... Even still, the manual says to change it according to the light or if it has gone 1 year. Neither situations occurred. The oil life was still at 74%. I ended up paying $6500 out of pocket to have the motor replaced.

Then a fuel injector fails and renders the vehicle un-drivable 4 miles after getting a new motor. Then the A/C stopped working. Only hot air. Dealer tells me its probably the evaporator which is behind the dash and is another few thousand to fix! After some diagnostic and research I found it to be the blend door actuator, a $50 piece and 30 minutes of my time. Huge difference and I'm not the GM mechanic... THEN a coil pack goes bad. Need to remove the intake plenum to get to it. Another $330. Few days later, CEL AGAIN! Now its the catalytic converter and the dealer wants THOUSANDS to fix! The rear wiper stopped working, had to replace 2 front speakers. Since the purchase, I have spent just as much money fixing it as the vehicle cost me.

GM takes no responsibility since I refused the "extended warranty" through some 3rd party company which I've dealt with before and denied every claim submitted. It's a joke. GM and Chevrolet should be ashamed as a company with these products representing them. Ive owned 17 cars in my time and this is by far the WORST vehicle I have every purchased. Worse than my BMW 745Li which is one of its most problematic vehicles!

I will NEVER purchase another Chevy and will recommend any and everyone to do the same. They produce junk vehicles with junk parts and force the consumer to pay for their cut corners! While enduring all of these issues I've done a lot of research and come to the conclusion that most people who own these vehicles experience these problems which SHOULD lead to a class action suit. Even the re-manufacturing company where I purchased my motor said that motor is their top seller. They move more of those 3.6L v6 motors for GM than all others combined!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was contacted by GM to extend the 3 yr warranty on my Chevy today. Forwarded to a man named Brad who eventually quoted me the price. I declined as I am a solo parent and unable to afford this additional coverage that would be $495/down plus 12x$274/month. Brad says he understands because he is a single dad. I reiterated that I am a solo parent--not the same as single, which generally means a child is shared by two parents. At this point, Brad explains his ex is in jail and says he's a single dad too - before anything else can be said, he gets nasty with me, adding, 'That was the rudest thing I've ever heard in my life and I don't even want to help you...' before hanging up on me. Brad, I still don't have that kind of extra money and am still a solo parent. Sorry to counter that what you just exhibited is a total lack of understanding and added aggression. No, thank you, GM.

Original review: May 20, 2019

We bought a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT brand new from the dealer. At 19,000 miles the AC compressor went out, warranty covered that expense. 2 years later the compressor had a leak and the dealer recharged the compressor. This was done without our knowledge while we had the vehicle in for an oil change. At 90,000 miles we had a new transmission installed for $4200. That was our fault for not getting rid of the Terrain. In 2017 the check engine light came on, we were told it was a sensor for the exhaust. 2 days ago the AC compressor went out again. The Terrain was back at the dealer today. We were told the compressor was bad and needed replacing, $1000. The check engine light was really the timing chain needed to be replaced $2000. The vehicle has 115000 miles on it and I can't afford to have it fixed. GMC should step up to the plate and give me and my wife some assistance. We are both retired living off social security!!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have been complaining about the same concerns to GMC customer assistance for months. I am not getting any assistance from the dealer and a customer “senior” case manager seems to forget our conversations EVERY TIME! I have been being pulled along for a ride regarding how important my business is and that they will have a resolution to either trade me out of my car with assistance or buy this lemon back. It is appalling how I am being treated right now after being patient for months and months and trying to work with a brand that I have been very loyal to, to receive zero action and all talk. I will be trading in my vehicle and leaving the brand after spending over 75k on a Denali and 60k on a Suburban brand new off the lot from a GMC dealer. All over poor customer service.

Original review: May 9, 2019

My Disappointing Experience with General Motors and Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC. November 10, 2018, my vehicle began to misfire. I had the code pulled and contacted Ryan **, Service Advisor at Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC, on November 12, 2018 to bring my vehicle for repair of cylinder 2 and 4 on November 17, 2018. By November 15, 2018, driving conditions worsened and I had to take the vehicle earlier than expected to Leith Buick GMC on November 16, 2018. They gave me a loaner to drive while they had my vehicle for service and repair. By November 20, 2018, Ryan ** confirmed the misfire was on cylinder 2 and 4, along with other mechanical issues found. Ryan ** gave me pricing for all of the repairs and we discussed options for a possible trade. He forwarded my information to a sales representative, which whom I met with on November 23, 2018.

After deep thought and discussion, I declined to trade down to a 4 door sedan with higher payment and authorized cylinder 2 and 4 to be repaired only. November 28, 2018 the repairs authorized was implemented and paid in full. March 3, 2019 my vehicle began to misfire again. I had the code pulled and found that the misfire was on cylinder 2; one of the same cylinders that Leith repaired November 28, 2018. March 4, 2019 I contacted Ryan ** to discuss the issue and to find out if the parts were refurbished that was put on the cylinders because it did not last.

Ryan ** stated they were not refurbished parts, but that they could have been bad. He stated that I could bring the vehicle back to them and they would repair it. I refused to put the vehicle under additional stress to drive over an hour and a half for to have the repairs done again. Ryan stated being that the repairs were under warranty; I could go to any GM dealership to have it repaired that was closest to me. I called three GM dealerships in my area: David Westcott Buick/GMC in Burlington, NC; Flow Buick GMC of Greensboro, NC; and Bill Black Chevrolet of Greensboro, NC. All were busy and stated that they would have to keep the vehicle for at least three days and did not have a loaner available for me to drive to get back and forth to work. So, my only other option was to purchase the parts and have the vehicle repaired by another mechanic.

March 7, 2019, I purchased the parts and instructed the mechanic to save the engine ignition coil and spark plug on cylinder 2 so that I could take it back to the dealership. The mechanic repaired what I asked and gave me back the coil and spark plug. To my surprise it was not a Bosch coil. It was an aftermarket part that did not match the invoice. April 10, 2019 I changed cylinder 4 coil and spark plug. I asked the mechanic to again give me back the coil and spark plug. To my surprise cylinder 4 coil was aftermarket as well.

April 19, 2019, I took the parts back to Leith Buick GMC. I spoke with Ryan ** about the issue. Ryan ** denied that that they put the parts on the vehicle. He stated that I did not know and they could have come off of cylinder 3 and 5. He berated me with questions on what side of the engine it came off of, left or right. He said the parts they use are Bosch and showed me one as an example, pointing out the difference in the part. That the parts they use have part numbers and the part that I brought back did not. He would not listen to me at all.

He kept saying that because I took the vehicle to someone else for repair there was nothing that they could do. I reminded him of our conversation March 4, 2019 and that I tried to do what he said and enlightened him of the outcome from it. He also stated that maybe I brought the parts to him. I told him that I did not bring the parts to them and the only parts that I took to them that they did not put on was the intake cover gasket.

Ryan was still not willing to listen to me. He claimed I hollered at him, which I did not. My voice became firmer because he was still insinuating sublimely that I was lying about the parts. I was merely trying to get my point across to him and was getting frustrated because he was not listening to me and insinuating that I was telling an untruth. I told him that I was not a mechanic but I knew what I purchased and had repaired. I told him that I was not going to drive over and hour and a half for a lie. I told him that those were the parts they put on that was taken off and that I wanted a refund.

At this point, Ryan ** took the parts from his desk and placed them outside his door onto the sidewalk and told me to get out of his office. I told him that I would leave his office, and he sat back down in his chair. I told him before leaving that he knew they put those parts on my car and that they were no good. He then got up and walked away. I told him that I was going to have an investigation in their place of business to look at their records as he was walking away and then went outside to retrieve the parts placed on the sidewalk. I went back inside the dealership to find Ryan **. He was standing at a window to the billing office. I let him know that I was going to send the parts to the CEO of GM. 4/26/2019, Mailed failed equipment taken off of cylinder #2 and #4 to CEO, Mary Barr of GM. 5/6/2019, Spoke to Matt with GM Executive Office. He confirmed receipt of packaging and letter. He took down all details.

5/8/2019, Spoke to Matt again with GM Executive Office. He stated he spoke with the service manager at Leith and the service manager assured him that they only use GM approved parts. The service manager stated that I was shown the parts they use. He stated because I did not take the vehicle back to them it could not be verified by GM that that they actually did it. He stated due to the age and mileage of the vehicle a loaner would not have been made available to me to drive. He stated that because the vehicle had previous owners that the parts could have been put on by them. So from all of the facts Leith Buick GMC of Wendell NC was not going to refund my money. I was told that if I had called the 800 number that maybe they could have worked something out. Matt also stated that they would have everything on file if it something more should come of this and that he would now consider the case closed.

Matt with GM Executive Office, sided with Leith, their authorized dealership and basically said in not too many words that I was telling an untruth as well. Leith billed me for parts they claim they put on but never did. The parts that came off did not have the part numbers stated on the invoice. In closing, I am highly upset regarding the way I was treated and for the blatant disrespect shown by Ryan **. I feel if I had been a man of any race or a ** woman, he would have shown more respect, patience and listened to me. He would not have insinuated sublimely that I was lying. He would have immediately taken action to resolve the issue and apologized for the error.

But because I am a ** woman, he felt he could disrespect me, talk to me any kind of way and sublimely call me a liar. As much as I like my Buick, I have decided to trade it for another make and model, namely their competition. I will not patronize a company that treats their consumers that way and call them liars sublimely.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Coolant leaks gradually from the waterpump until engine overheats. GM knows this is an issue with this car. This car was bought brand new and was sold to my father-in-law, a WWII veteran who was 87 years old when he bought the car. Car was brought back to the dealership multiple times soon after it was purchased. The issue was never fixed properly and car overheated again and again and again.

Ownership was transferred to us when my father-in-law was diagnosed with dementia and could no longer drive. As second owners we were never informed there is a special warranty covering this exact issue. The car has overheated for us multiple times. We've spent over $1,000 trying to get this issue fixed. GM refuses to reimburse us and cannot seem to give a reasonable explanation as to why the dealership (Muzi Chevy in Needham, MA) never notified us of this special warranty even though we brought the car back there ourselves for this very issue - GM never notified us of this special warranty either. Terrible experience - terrible car. We will NEVER buy another GM vehicle.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Sum it up, I traded in my 08 Infiniti. Purchased a "certified used" 2015 Cadillac XTS 33,000 miles. Let's just say 2 years later, 62,320 I have spent OVER $9,200!!! Both headlights and ballast, taillight = $3675, then while on a family road trip, the rear compressor decided to give up with no warning! Dropping the back of the car basically to the ground while going 70 miles an hour! Then the same week had to replace the front struts and mounts?? Not even including all of the nuisance system updates all over 150 bucks!! Come to find out my neighbor had the same problems but traded his! These cars are beautiful but they cut corners in quality!! Hence why you don't see any CT6's on the road and why Cadillac's product is deteriorating every year! Wish I would have known before my nightmare!

Original review: April 22, 2019

The brakes on my 2017 Buick Envision squeak loudly when backing up and I only had 12,000 miles when this first occurred. I have taken the car twice to Suburban Buick GMC of Troy, Michigan and they said GM is aware of the issue but will not repair since it is life threatening. GM has notified all dealers that this is caused by performance brakes that have dust buildup. The service person stated they have had hundreds of complaint across all GM cars that have these performance brakes. I have purchased dozens of GM cars in the past but will consider other car companies in the future. Has anyone experienced this problem with other car manufacturers?

Original review: April 12, 2019

Please all 2016 2018 Chevy Malibu owners please do not drive that car. Reduced power motor is a very dangerous situation. GM is not listen. Please people do not drive a car. I just barely made it out alive when it happened to me. Run down the row with 80,000 pounds behind me. No way off the highway but to run down to the ditch.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We purchased a oil pump through a local car dealership. We had to pay our mechanic to install the oil pump. The car was still having issues. We had to pay to take the vehicle to a dealership to run diagnostics to find the issue. It was confirmed the oil pump was defective and needed to be replaced. We were able to return the part and exchange for a new one with the original dealership. I asked that dealership about getting our expense on having to replace the oil pump and the diagnostics testing ($850) refunded. I was told the dealership would not issue any refund on that and to contact GM. I called GM's customer support line and was told because the mileage exceeded 36,000 miles, they would not offer any assistance on getting a refund on our expenses incurred from the defective part.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a 2013 GMC Terrain. It had 74000 miles on it when I bought it. 50000 miles later I have spent 2500 dollars on it. Hub replacement, wheel sensor replacement, leaking gasket causing strong fuel odor in the vehicle. Now, to top it all off I have an oil consumption issue. It's using a quart every thousand miles. When the oil gets low no warning lights come on. The dealer says it will be a minimum 3000 dollars to fix and very it's very possible the motor would have to be replaced. I have 2 friends that own Chevy or GMC SUVs and they have had the same issue. GM is not the quality it used to be. Dont buy it.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I currently own a 2015 Cadillac Escalade which I have owned since 2015. We recently discovered a water leak on the driver's side second row on the roof where the seams meet by the back door, the water has leaked down the inner panel affecting the seat belt causing it to lock out. The entire carpet from the second row to the third row was wet producing the smell of mold. After taking my vehicle to two different Cadillac dealers they found the leak we had already discovered.

General Motors has denied the claim made by the dealership, they are not taking accountability for their faulty vehicle and supporting us the consumer who has trusted them to produce a high quality product worth the large investment we made. I am beyond disappointed in General Motors and the poor customer service we have received from them. This issue is 100% a manufacture defect, we did not cause this issue to occurs and now we are stuck with the cost of the repair and breathing in the mold which is a hazard to myself and 3 young kids' health. I am appalled at the lack of support from General Motors. I bought a Cadillac expecting a high quality product and high quality customer service which is not at all what we have received. I am truly disappointed.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Our Chevy Volt grew MOLD all over the front and back seats after winter snowstorms! After taking in to find the cause and have it remedied we were told it needed to be detailed before anyone felt safe getting in it to work. They told us we needed to approve the detailing for them to move forward but not to worry because we most likely would not be charged since it leaked. The next day they called saying it that the mold had been "cleaned" and that we needed to come pick it up and pay $200!!! A car with mold is NOT fixed with a rag! BAIT and SWITCH!

This is an attempt to put the responsibility on us. They even had the nerve to suggest we must have left the windows down in the middle of winter in Washington! Or that my husband left his wet swim trunks ??? (again, winter in Washington!) in the backseat of his commuter car! That did not happen. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. We have been loyal GM customers.

I own a GMC Yukon and were in the market for a Sierra pickup, but will never buy another vehicle from them and will not be able to recommend in the future like I have in the past. Instead I will tell people our horror story. GM should be ashamed! This is why companies like Amazon are thriving - because they take care of their customers. Maybe other companies should take notice before they're obsolete.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I own a 2017 Equinox, with less than 65,000 miles on it, so out of warranty by mileage by less than 2,000 miles but by year "covered" until 2021. My car broke down on the highway, and after getting it to a Chevy dealership I was told that I need to completely replace my engine! I had been driving my car for a solid 30 minutes before my car broke down, with no warning lights, or indication that something was wrong. I receive the diagnostic reports every month and in the last report sent to me in January nothing indicated that something was wrong with my engine. The only reason I called GM to see what they could do was because I was not far out of my warranty, I had never had a single issue with my car or major work done, and till that point been very satisfied with GM.

Since I was out of warranty by mileage GM refused to help cover the cost ($5,000 just for the engine and $2,400 service and labor), and that the best thing that could be offered was what the dealership offered which was $300 off, and a $250 mail and rebate! When I asked to speak to someone above a Senior advisor, they told me that no one is able to talk to a district manager, or regional manager since they're traveling to dealerships all the time and don't have time to talk. So I just had to swallow the fact that I had to pay $7,400 out of pocket.

I love my car, and when I got my car back I was so happy! BUT... I am fearful that as I continue to drive this car, or a GM product I am setting myself up for another massive expense. I will not be speaking highly of GM products and I will never be purchasing a GM product ever again. This is a large large large Corporation, and I did not go to customer service with a car that had 100,000+ miles or with a car that was 5+years old. I came to you with a 2-year-old car and with less than 65,000 miles on it and received no help, or even met half way! If anyone is looking for advice or on the fence about making a purchase of a GM car Do not go through with it.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I am absolutely stunned by the way GM handled my case. Yes, my car was out of the 5yr/100,000 mile warranty. Only by 2 years. Car ONLY had 55,000 miles on it, before the transmission went out. After 55,000 miles!!! Yup, you guessed it, GM wants me to eat this one in $4,000 in repairs!!! GM is a joke. Didn't even offer to help compensate, no discount. NOTHING. I will never buy another Chevy EVER again. I will also warn others to steer clear of Chevy. Worst experience ever. Not to mention they provided parts/equipment to the German army in WW II. Makes sense now.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Leased a 2019 Colorado crew cab long box 4x4 on Dec 12, 2018. Fuel gauge has not worked properly since taking possession. Has been back to dealer 2 times now with no resolve. Truck has now developed a nasty rumbling sensation (like driving over rumble strips) at all speeds with it being more noticeable at 55 or above. Dealer states that this is due to the wrong transmission fluid being used in the 8 speed transmission but they (dealership) does not have the required tools to drain and replace fluid. Gas gauge issue is still not resolved. Requested a GM buyback of vehicle three weeks ago. (Truck has under 1000 miles on it) Have finally heard back from GM and they agree to buy back the truck. Now I have to figure out what to buy. Note: I also leased a 2019 Traverse LT for my wife the same day. I am thinking that these will be my last GM products.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I bought a 2014 GMC truck with thirty one thousand miles and I drove it for three years to eighty four thousand miles and my family and I went for a road trip to Vegas Nevada and we were driving on a parking lot around 5 miles an hour and for no reason the motor broke down and Chevy wouldn’t honor the warranty. It cost me 10,000 dollars to get it fix at Fairway Chevrolet in Vegas and they didn’t do a good job. Now I have a check engine light on. Now a local dealer wants 1700 dollars to fix it. So I’m really mad at General Motors.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

They sure don't care about us after they sell the car. Safety recall in my car they refuse to honor because of vin #. Clearly it can be seen with one's eyes. Exact recall but they say no it's not in their system? I have it saved in my phone. An official GM site with recall # and still refuse. What a joke and a very sad case. Shame on GM.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Bought a very expensive GMC Yukon Denali in Sep 2017 and almost a year from that, car started with engine malfunction and shaking while we are driving putting us on risk. We tried to take the car to the dealership 3 times for the same issue and nothing has been fixed. I scheduled the 4th visit this week on Wednesday but not sure if worthless. I do not trust anymore GM, GMC, the dealership and the customer relationship care. Definitely, the car maker do not take care of customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Bought a 2018 Chevy Sonic in late August with only 220 miles. Several week ago went to get in my car and my car would not start. Called GM and they said since my car is new with only 5,000 miles everything will be covered under warranty and they will tow it to the nearest Chevy dealer. Had to call the dealer several times to see what the issue was and this went on for days. Finally get an answer back and they said that I will not be covered for a rental car or for the service because they claimed they found a high level of ethanol in my tank and it’s going to be $500 out of pocket for all these cleanings they need to do. I got completely ripped off. Ended up paying a total of $468 for “cleanings” plus the cost of my rental I had to get for several days.

GM handled my complaint poorly and has taken weeks to get back to me and said they will not offer reimbursement because it was my fault I had ethanol in my tank and I can only use unleaded fuel. So I told them that I have only used unleaded fuel and the owner manual only states you can not use E85 of flex fuel which is common sense. So after all these weeks they refuse to help and shut me up by throwing me a $100 service certificate that I can only use all at once. So I’m out several hundred dollars on a brand new car. On top of that my fuel economy in my car is so poor now that I got it back from the dealer and I never had this issue prior to taking it in for service. Now I’m stuck with a Brand new car that they messed up. Never buy Gm cars again and they could care less about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

2011 Cruze + Dex-Cool = defective cooling system and an unsafe vehicle to drive. It's corroding everything that touches this stuff. 5 water pump/gasket replacements. 5 blown (while driving!!) radiator/heater hoses. 2 water outlet replacements. 1 thermostat housing replacement. 2 intake manifold gaskets. 1 major headache. I can't ethically sell to anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

2018 Equinox with 1.5 turbo. Purchased July 23rd of 2018. Starting at 6700 miles and 3 months of driving we got check engine light. Well, 3 months, 7000 miles later, 9 repair tickets. Ranging from new intercooler, ECM, Mass AirFlow Sensor, Camshaft Actuator Solenoid, still getting Check Engine Light and Reduced Engine Power message. Been sitting at Rusty Wallace Chevrolet Service Department since January 11th 2019. Today is February 3. Now they are holding on a complete Engine wire harness. GM just offered a replacement and we pay attorney fees. NOT. General Motors does NOT care about customers. I would be surprised if they cared about their employees. Oh wait, they don't. That's why several U.S.A. PLANTS are closing. Do NOT buy General Motors, they won't help.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We bought a 2017 Chevy Silverado new. We drove it off the lot and on our way home it started stuttering. We took it back several times to the dealership. We were told things such as: GM knew there was a problem but couldn't fix it, it needed to get used to the way we drive, it needs broke in. Two years down the road it continues to have problems and they are only getting bigger. GM will not stand behind the fact that there is something wrong with this truck and make it right. We drove our last Chevy truck for 12 years and now are hesitant to continue to drive GM products. They advertise as the "working man's truck" but won't stand behind it when there is a problem.

General Motors Company Information