General Motors

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My transmission failed in my Saturn close to 100,000 miles. I bought a remanufactured transmission from GM which cost over $5,000 dollars. Over $1,200 to install. Lasted 16 months and 9,400 miles. GM/Saturn said I'm over the year so although I'm so far under the mileage they said "sorry can't help you". 9,400 miles for over $6,000 dollars. They are selling us defective items and stealing our money. Shame on them and I hope all future consumers boycott GM. They could care less about you and are ripping us off. No more GM products and I'm spreading the word to all friends, family, and any way I can get the word out. Everyone I know can't believe how they treat people. Shame on all of you and I hope no one is stupid enough to bail you out again. You don't deserve it.

I recently ordered and Purchased a Camaro. Unfortunately I was in car accident, therefore I had to have my new camaro repaired. I took it to a chevy dealership to have all the repairs done. Three weeks ago the dealership ordered black rally stripe decals to go on the hood of the Camaro. The dealership still has not had an expected date of arrival from GM on when the stripes will arrive. I could have had my car back three weeks ago all completed. I do not understand why it takes this long to make black rally stripes that goes on the hood of a Camaro and have them shipped to the proper place in a timely manner.

Just got off the highway thank God and the brakes went completely out. Putting me and my children in danger because the car wouldn't stop sending me into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting cars in front of me. This is horrible that GM won't do anything about this problem.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Read reviews about different GMC models:

GMC brand overview:

GMC was founded in 1902 and is a division of General Motors (GM). The company focuses on trucks, crossovers and SUVs. They also produce a variety of commercial vehicles. GMC models share many styling similarities with Chevy vehicles because both brands are owned by GM.

• Warranties: All new GMC vehicles come with Pro Grade Protection, a warranty that provides bumper-to-bumper coverage including the powertrain. The warranty also comes with free roadside assistance. Warranties vary slightly by make and model year, but interested consumers can learn about the specifics of each warranty on GMC’s website.
  • IntelliLink: GMC’s onboard navigation and entertainment system, IntelliLink, allows owners to access a variety of apps through the vehicle’s smartphone connectivity. IntelliLink can connect to Pandora, SiriusXM, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Drivers can also make and receive hands free phone calls.
  • Certified pre-owned: GMC dealers sell certified pre-owned vehicles, which must pass a 172-point inspection and undergo any necessary reconditioning. These vehicles come with a 6-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty, a 12-Month/12,000 mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and two free maintenance visits.
  • Online shopping tools: Interested consumers can visit GMC’s website to build and price different models, compare GMC models to similar vehicles produced by competitors and download brochures. They can locate a local dealer or even find a dealer that has a specific color or model of the vehicle they want to purchase.
  • Owner resources: GMC owners can find a wide variety of information on the company’s website. They can access an owner’s manual for their vehicle, view their vehicle’s warranty status and find a certified service center. They can also purchase accessories specifically designed for the make and model of GMC they own.
  • Best for GMC caters to individuals looking for trucks and SUVs with upscale features.

General Motors Company Profile