1.87/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

General Motors

General Motors, also called GM, is a major national auto manufacturer of trucks, SUVs, crossovers and vans under several different brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

311 General Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I contacted GM motors complaints department many times regarding a cracked passenger's airbag section. The full airbag compartment is cracked perfectly around the bag and my car is showing the sign of service airbag. Clearly this is a manufacturing problem. However, they are refusing to pay the service to check to ensure the airbag is safe. I will hold GM responsible for ANY damage that happens if the airbag inflates for no reason since the compartment is obviously cracked and in a perfect shape around the bag. I am too scared to even have a passenger sit in my car in the front out of fear that it could inflate at anytime with no proper cause. They continually and in writing have refused to pay for the service. They will be paying a whole lot more than $100 if this bag opens up suddenly in my car.

ZERO HELP from their staff. You have to contact them multiple times to actually receive a reply. Multiple emails to have someone call you back. They give you their number and extension but NEVER answer their calls. When they call you back if you are not available next to your phone, don't expect them to answer your call back even if it's seconds later. NEVER EVER BUYING A GM CAR EVER IN MY LIFE AGAIN. Guaranteed am also telling everyone I know the same. They are great as long as you are signing your cheques over for them, otherwise, NO ONE CARES for your safety or anything else. Am sure this review will also be insignificant to them, but at least if anyone wants to know the truth about them, they can read all the different opinions of real people before deciding.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

As an owner of a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse, a GMC Sierra, and having previously owned a 2010 Buick Enclave, I know I will never choose to purchase another GM Vehicle. I have had almost identical problems with the two SUVs. Both had major problems with steering, where the steering wheel locks up and will not turn quickly (almost as if the power steering goes out). This is extremely scary when you are making a turn while yielding to oncoming traffic. I had this repaired in my Enclave and it required removing the motor to repair $$$.

The Traverse has had very similar problems with the timing chain which needs to be replaced (just as it happened with the Enclave). I just had the AC blower and a tire sensor replaced and was told by the mechanic that the timing chain would still be covered under warranty since the car has less than 120K miles so I went ahead and let them do the other repairs ($600 worth) only to find out that the timing chain ($3500) would not be covered under the warranty. The car is now losing power so I'm sure it won't last much longer. These cars are junk after a few years and each time I called Chevrolet Cares and they would do absolutely nothing to help.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Got a 2017 GMC Sierra and the chrome wheels started peeling. Warranty had me give them 500.00 to replace the wheels which I did. Got new wheels on, got home from dealership and looked the wheels over. To say the least they looked like **. I could see sand scratches all through the chrome and pit marks everywhere. I took them back to the dealership the next day and they said there was nothing they could do.

Fast forward a year and 7 days and the chrome is peeling, and the tires won't hold air. I took them to a tire shop and they pull me into the garage to show me that the chrome is peeling off and corroding underneath where the tire seals. Clearly these wheels were refurbished and not prepped correctly. I contacted GMC multiple times and since I was 7 days out of warranty there was nothing they could do. Needless to say, I'll never purchase another GMC product again. It's sad when you spend so much on these trucks that they won't replace something so simple and go back on the company that refurbished the wheels.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased my ‘16 Yukon in August of 2017 and by far this was the worst purchased I could’ve made. Since the day if purchase, I have to repair/replace the battery, motor mounts (~5 days after purchased), some plug for the transmission as the RPMs continuously revs up at highway speeds over 3000 rpms, several computer resets, the AC (2x), the weather strips around the door frame of the vehicle, fuel injection pump, and transmission. The truck often jerks forward while in low speeds almost causing me to rear end someone even while applying the brake.

It seems as if I’m using an extensive amount of brake pressure as this truck is very unpredictable and unsafe. At times it has stuttered where it felt like I had no power while traffic causing vehicles to almost hit me. I’ve been told by the service department that they could not duplicate the issue. These concerns are very serious and definitely unsafe. It’s a shame that GM has taken the stance to ignore these issues.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was driving on Oregon coast on a vacation. Just bought this truck with 39000 miles and all of the sudden the steering locking up and took everything I could do to turn to a safe stop. Had the vehicle repaired at a Chevrolet dealership in Newport who were great to work with. I called GM and this truck has been out of warranty for 4 thousand miles, and they only wanted to pay half, and give me credit for accessories. This could have cause me to get into a bad accident with my family in it. The steering gear failed all of a sudden with no warning. I have had paint issues with this truck and now safety problems. They will not stand up for craftsmanship of truck and is still worth around 48000 dollars. I have owned these trucks my whole life and now it will be the last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

If you have to file a claim for assistance, pray you don’t get Yasmine. Rude rude rude. These people care nothing about their customers. 2016 Yukon transmission totally failed on first family road trip. Worst experience of my life. Really should have checked the reviews before I even bought the piece of junk. The one star speaks for itself. Be smart and do NOT buy anything from these people. Wish a million times I never would have!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Transmission gone in 2011 Cruze. Worst car I have ever bought. Problems from the minute we got this car home. No longer under warranty and hundreds of complaints on this piece of junk. This company needs to recall or get sued!!! Radio quit working, turbo replaced three times. Car was well maintained, just simply a really bad car.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This has been going on for years (back to 07) with Sierra, Escalade, Tahoe. Electrical problems (techs call it gremlins) that cause door locks to go up and down, gauges to go crazy, trans downshifting, StabiliTrak, left day time running light will be out (every 2007-2018 GM truck has a DTRL out on one side) because of a bad ground. Dealers say it's battery cables or ECU programming. It is a faulty wiring harness and ground connections. Remember the faulty (death) ignition? Nope. It just happened and has already disappeared.

GM trucks are garbage. I know, I had three and now am down to two. I also have a Ford (great truck no problems), and Infinity 5.6V8 (which is Nissan - 2000% better truck than any of my GMs). The only decent GM truck out of 20 GM trucks I've owned over the last 20 years has been the 3500 Dually 7.4L gas (remove CC and replace with performance RV exhaust). I have to strip grounds on my Escalade every other week just to keep it from shutting off. The ground strap from block to firewall near the power brake booster was green and falling apart. I'm in FL, with no salt or corrosion. These trucks are slapped together with the lowest bidder supplying the parts.

With the way Nissan and Toyota are coming on with the full size (and diesels) I can't see GM having any future in the truck business. They need to stick with competing against Tesla with their Volt (which is twice the car as a Model 3 - and I'm an Elon fan). Dodge is coming on REAL strong with their interior. Never thought I'd look at a Dodge product until I saw their new RAM products. But GM... as soon as the rest of my GM fleet are done, I'll never buy another GM truck. Nope. They took the bailout. Ford didn't. They have problems and deny them. Other companies admit, fix, pay fine, fire people, and move on (Volkswagen and others). But not GM. It's the old school Detroit thinking... deny deny deny. That's why they are losing market share and their stock is garbage like their trucks. Ick, I can't wait to get rid of all mine.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I bought my 2013 Malibu in 2014 with 30,000 miles on it. While still under warranty I had ALL 4 hub bearings go bad which were NOT covered under warranty although a known issue. I had to replace camshaft actuator and exhaust manifold sensor. At the time they were also not covered but NOW there is a recall. Now with 109,000 miles I am replacing timing chain and ALL internal parts like guides and tensioners. $2100 job not covered and GM stated on recorded call that it is out of warranty and has too many miles.

They also stated that this is not a known issue (although I was told otherwise by GM service tech) and I should consider replacing the engine at a cost of $3900! GM will do NOTHING to assist in repair costs and will NEVER take responsibility for selling crap cars to who USE TO BE loyal owners. I guarantee you my next car in 5 months will be a Honda. Hey GM execs... I hope you go belly up and can't find a job and wind up on welfare as punishment for taking advantage of buyers who DEPEND on their car and the company they buy it from.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My timing chain needs replacing on My 2009 CTS. The code indicated the failure at 93,000.00. The car was properly maintained so I was surprised at this. In researching this I found it is a common known problem with the 3.6 for many models and years. GM refused to have a recall and chose a warranty extension on a few vehicles by VIN number, but left the majority of their customers stuck with $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 bill depending on where it is repaired. I have always supported GM with half of my family having worked for them. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle, and will discourage all my clients, (approx 1000) and social media followers, another 1200 from trusting GM again. They are unethical.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My 2015 Silverado 1500 broke down with 39,000 Miles on it. I had it towed to a Chevrolet Dealership. When they looked at it they told me it was the Fuel Injector on cylinder 6 that was faulty. Because it was out of the 3 year/36,000 Mile warranty I would have to pay for it myself. I told them I understood and would pay for it since it was out of warranty. They then told me that since the vehicle was apart that I should replace the Fuel Rail and ALL the other Fuel injectors on that side in case they were bad too. I didn't think it sounded right, but since I brought it right to the dealer I figured I should trust their opinion. I replaced everything they said which came out to $1,300. Mind you this is a truck with 39,000 miles on it. It gets worse. Once they put it back together they told me it still wasn't running right. They kept trying to figure out what was wrong with the vehicle because they couldn't figure it out originally.

After they replaced the fuel injector they told me it wasn't working again. They then replaced the pushers, still wasn't working properly. After that they decided they needed to call the GM Engineers to figure it out. Once they were called they found out that the entire cylinder needed to be replaced. It took them 3 times putting it back together totaling 2 weeks without me having a vehicle to figure it out. I'm not even blaming the dealership because I can understand that things happen. My real problem is with GM themselves because I called them after this all happened to explain the situation.

I got in touch with a woman named Sandra. I was explaining to her that I should not be liable for the fuel injectors seeing as they obviously let go due to the issues that happened from the warrantied parts. She took almost two weeks to come to the conclusion that even though I did fuel injector cleaners with all my oil changes that it was still me that should be on the hook for all the repairs, even the fuel injectors that never needed to be replaced at all! I told her that I can even understand replacing the one that was bad, even though that it was done based on a poor diagnostics. In all reality had they fixed the problems in the motor first I would have never paid for the fuel injectors.

It seems to me that they brought up the fuel injectors first just so they could charge me for them and then say that there are other problems that need to be addressed. She wanted to give me a $100 Chevrolet service coupon! Really?! I now have a truck with an extensive amount of motor work done on it with 39,000 miles. This is how GM backs their vehicles? Disgusting, that is all I can say about my experience with GM to this point.

Original review: July 30, 2018

9/15/17- Purchased 2014 Chevy Equinox, also paid $2500 for an extended warranty with CNA National. 7/18/18 - Vehicle just shut off while driving for maybe 10 minutes. It felt as if the battery had died. Please note I had no other issues prior to this with the vehicle. Tried to start it, and it sounded as if someone was playing the drums under my hood. Pushed car to safe location, and went home for the evening.

7/19/18 – I got a ride to the vehicle with hopes of it starting. Same thing happened. So, I reached out to my warranty company (CNAN) and was told that I can have the vehicle towed through their Roadside Assistance to a repair shop of my choice, and once an estimate was prepared, they would pay over the phone with a credit card. I had the vehicle towed to Quality Buick GMC in Alton, IL. 7/20/18 - Received a call from Quality that timing chain was busted, along with several other items, and engine was full of sludge. They stated I was still covered under GM Powertrain warranty and they submitted all of the information to GM, and got me a rental through Enterprise.

7/24/18 - Received a call from Quality stating that GM declined repairs, and now extended warranty company would not pay for the rental I had for days. I contacted GM and requested a supervisor to discuss options. Supervisor stated that they would review case and contact me within 2 days. With the vehicle having under 100,000 miles, she didn’t see any reason why they wouldn’t cover it. She asked where the vehicle was located and I started Quality Buick GM in Alton, after searching their database, she said they were not certified to do the repairs, and the vehicle would have to be towed to another location. She reached out to Jack ** in Wood River, and also as a courtesy, reached out to Chevy Roadside assistance to do a Dealer to Dealer transfer at no cost to me. I was very grateful for that.

She said the roadside assistance company would reach out to me within 20 minutes, and gave me a number to call if they did not. 45 minutes went by and I called Chevy Roadside Assistance to follow up on the transfer. Of course, they had no information, and was not eligible for the transfer. I contacted GM Warranty again, and they said she was not allowed to do that, and there was nothing they could do at that moment, and case was re-opened and pending investigation. Reached out to CNAC (extended warranty company) and Roadside Assistance wasn’t available with them either until 7 days from last time used.

Frustrated, I hang up, and look for other options online. I received a call from Allstate Ins. that they were attempting to pick up the vehicle, but there was a $300 balance with Quality Pontiac before vehicle could be transferred. They stated they were called out by Chevy Roadside Assistance, who just told me they had no information for transfer. So, I reached out to Quality for information on balance owed. They stated $100+ for opening up the engine, and the remaining balance was for the rental.

Also, vehicle would not be released until balance was paid. I explained to them that GM Warranty needed a Certified Dealer to estimate repairs, and they informed me they are a certified dealer. I called GM Warranty back to let them know what was going on, and they said the other person I talked to must be new, or not know what she is doing, because Quality is a certified dealer. I would only be getting charged more money by having another dealer open up the engine to do the estimate. I explained to them I would be leaving the vehicle at Quality, and gave them the contact info for the service department for investigation on repairs.

7/26/18 - Received a call from GM Warranty that repairs would not be covered due to it not being a manufacturer defect. That was their final answer. I spoke with 2 different service departments, Quality, and Jack ** and they stated there is no way the sludge in the engine could have been caused in the 10 months I’ve had the vehicle. Oil changes were always done on time, and I have proof of that. So, how it is that I now have a car with $6000+ damages, and a 14,000 balance on, $600 balance for rental + Quality doing estimate, and I’m responsible. I drive my car to make a living, and not only am I without a car, I’m now also without a job. I am beyond frustrated, and any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Own 3 Chevy Sonics. 2014 I bought mine, loved it so much we bought our 2 children one each in 11/16. In Jan of this year (2018) our son's car burnt up while it was parked and ignition was off for at least an hour. No modifications were made to this car. Fire department, and insurance company both said that the fire started "under the hood". We called GM immediately.

It took over 3 1/2 months for GM to even send anyone to look at it and it was after the insurance company had to threaten them. I went back to dealership, and was told that the car was still under factory warranty and they should have investigated it as soon as it happened. The GM investigator that did speak to me was rude and told me (3 months after the fire), "I am sure the car has been scrapped for metal by now"...which it had not been. He also said "Well we don't know that the car catching on fire was fault due to the motor"...and I replied "You wouldn't know cause you sent no one out."

On April 3, 2018 I emailed our insurance company and they said that GM would have a decision in 2 weeks. I have requested a status regularly and it has been 7 months with no response as in no call, email or letter from GM. All I asked was that they stand by their warranty. I understand that to GM this is a game of corporate bullying. They have no interest in providing a valid service to their customers. Their mission statement "We at GM make a strong commitment to our customers, employees, partners, and other important stakeholders". They continue to promote that they are guided by five principles including Safety and Quality first...Create Lifelong Customers. GM has demonstrated to me that they do not stand by their product or their mission. GM's only mission is to serve themselves at the expense of their customers. I will never buy a GM vehicle again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have a 2012 Buick Enclave. It is well maintained. Out of the blue a few weeks ago the trunk slammed on my head when I was taking items out of it. It didn't stop when it hit me. Just slammed down. I contacted GM knowing that there was a recall on this part before. I also saw that there were several class action lawsuits out so I assumed they would be good to help me. I sent them photos and videos, etc. It is a danger and I cannot use my trunk without someone holding it open. Even when you do it can push down against you so you have to jump out of the way. They refuse to fix it or even have the car inspected. Horrible customer service and terribly rude. Stay far far away from this company and these cars. If this had landed on one of my kids it would have caused serious damage.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My wife and I own three GM vehicles. A 2005 Cadillac CTS, 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT and a 1999 Chevy Corvette. Both my wife and I grew up GM fans. We have always driven GM, but no more. We do understand that we have older vehicles, but with how well we take care and maintain our vehicles they should drive like new. The Cadillac has 120,000 miles, the Trailblazer has 90,000 and the Corvette has 120,000. All three have the typical GM electrical bugs.

The Cadillac leaked water from a rain storm into the rear seat and floor (where electrical wiring is stored) flooded it and fried wiring. This is a well known common problem and GM will do nothing. Drain tubes get clogged in the headliner (horrible design). It had the common timing chain and oil consumption problems. The Trailblazer has HVAC issues and many other electrical problems. The Corvette has had the transmission replaced twice and has a lot of electrical problems. The money we pay for the cars and then have to repair weekly is ridiculous. I am no longer a GM fan and will be looking for a better company to buy future vehicles from.

Original review: July 19, 2018

2014 Silverado LT with 42,000 miles, PO102 Mass Airflow sensor code. Cleared code only to have it come back on in less than 10 miles. Called GM Customer Service at which they issued a Service Request # and told me it was under warranty. Scheduled appointment with dealer to get it repaired only to find out it wasn't covered by factory warranty and there would be a charge of $309.00 to replace it. I called Customer Service while at the dealer and they argued back and forth with each other with the final verdict of NOT COVERED. I just lost 4 hours work @ over $40.00 per hour for this **. This is my last GM product. Only TOYOTA from now on.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased a truck from GM on June 20th. I was told that I would have the registration in a week or two because it had to be signed and go through their legal department. (Too long to begin with but whatever). So I pay at the dealership Brett Chevrolet in Saint John NB and I waited. After two weeks I call and I'm told it's still not ready. I call a few more times still nothing and yesterday July 11 their business department tells me they have the papers and now have to send them to motor vehicle and that it will be ready in a day or two.

So again I wait. I decided to call today and check and the original guy is now on vacation and a different fella tells me they just got the paperwork from GM "today" and he will send it tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to speed it up. Needless to say it's difficult to purchase a vehicle from them or rather get a registration from them for the vehicle that you purchased. The whole inter-departmental finger pointing don't work for me and GM needs to get their "...." together on making these processes run smoother. I mean, I can't even legally drive a truck I bought almost a month ago because I don't have a registration, really?

Original review: July 11, 2018

GMC pickup trucks - My oil pressure sending unit went bad at almost exactly 100000 miles and it cost me $500.00 to have it replaced at the dealer... also the steering sensor is bad because the stability and traction lights are on on the dash. The cost to fix that is also $500.00 to replace. Don’t you think that is bad for an 80 year old man to pay? Or don’t you people care?

Original review: July 5, 2018

GMC Terrain takes a little time to get use to, but great car. Lots of things to learn and still learning. One problem though is blind spot looking out rear window.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have owned GM products since the early 80's, including 2 Buicks, 2 Corvettes, a Malibu, an Envoy and now a Terrain Denali. This included a full navigation system that listed at over $400. Just over a year after the purchase the navigation system stopped working, but since I did not use it, I did not bring it in to get to get fixed. I did bring it in just past the warranty period of 2 years and they were unable to service it that as the particular service tech that worked on these systems was not in.

Finally got it in yesterday, 3 years after purchase and they want $728 to replace a interface control module. Yes it's over the 2 year warranty period, so they are correct, but this is just too much. So much for customer loyalty. I have redeemed over $19,000 of the GM Card on new products and now I am cancelling and will never buy another GM product. Currently have over $3k credit on the card and can't use that to fix the navigation system either. This module also runs the ON-STAR system.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I needed a vehicle as mine had died and I had been looking for a while not finding anything. Now that I found this 2002 Envoy, I love it! This is my first SUV and I have only had it for about a month. It rides nice. There is a lot of room in there and I like being able to sit up high. It's comfortable and the seats have lumbar support. The heat works very well and the radio sounds good too. The only thing I don't like is that it is bright red and also that the clear coat is peeling off on the front passenger side. Also the headlights are kind of cloudy.

Original review: June 27, 2018

GMC Terrain - Other family members had this model car and I was impressed with the smooth ride. They seemed happy with the performance so when I was ready to trade cars this is the model that I searched for. Great looking car, gets good gas mileage. Have had no mechanical problems at all. Transports five comfortably with plenty of cargo room. Great all-around vehicle and continually receive compliments on how attractive the car is.

But I have had trouble with the WiFi and phone charger outlet. Not sure if it is only with my vehicle but have tried to get it fixed and was told I would have to take it to the manufacturer's dealership. I haven't done that because it was quite a bit of trouble and I didn't purchase it there. Also, since purchasing the car I have had some physical problems with my shoulders and lifting the back cargo door is a little difficult because it is so heavy. I am thinking about trading for a slightly smaller car that would be easier for me to handle.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I wanted a taller vehicle and I like the 2003 GMC Envoy. I am tall and I really enjoy how easy it is to get in and out of. I also liked the price they were asking for it. I also favor GMC automobiles, I know they are dependable. This is the first SUV that have ever owned and I love it! I highly recommend this type of vehicle. I like the way it drives, the color and it isn't bad on gas. I also like the fact my heat blows hot as soon as I start my GMC. But I would make the leather seats heated. I have interior lights on floor in both front and back.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I love my 2002 GMC Envoy! This has most definitely been my fav vehicle that I have ever owned. My Envoy has so much space for transportation of items or for long distances with the family. I chose this vehicle originally based on the spaciousness! The GMC gave me the right amount of luxury and was still amazingly functional for my large family! I could easily put my daughter's wheelchair in the back but still be able to park it once we got where we were going. The only downfall of owning my Envoy has been the prices that all replacement parts seem to be! If anything breaks on the Envoy, I have Easily dropped at least $200 on the replacement part. This is ridiculous! That also doesn't include the cost of the work that was done to it.

Original review: June 22, 2018

1998 GMC Jimmy SLE 4x4 has automatic locks and windows and child safety. The truck area has extra space. You can put the space under truck and can fit quite bit on truck. Good name and run good. Easy to fix if something goes wrong. Truck has 4x4 drive, keypad alarm, and fog lights. Seats are automated. It's very easy to drive. It has back windshield wipers. Inside lights and brakes work great. It's good on gas. The truck lets us know if we need to check any kind of gadgets and lets us know gas and the mileage. It is very easy to handle and very easy to drive and fix.

It can fit five people. Usually it has two adults, three kids in car seats in truck. It's comfortable to take it in long rides most of the dang time. It does good in the rain as long as you check the air in tires. Check everything else before you go out and about... And we can open the back to sit or even camp out or to sit by fire or go to park or even go through drive in. We can open back and lay back to watch the movie at the drive in. We like it very much 'cause of the room and what it has. Love it in every way. Best truck I ever got.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We just bought a 5 year old Terrain last month and so far we love it. We chose it based on mileage and condition. It's in great shape, has low mileage and is very clean and runs well. I have not owned a GMC before now but I am pretty impressed so far. We like the backup camera, ability to connect to our phone, CD player. I like the height and style of the SUV. I love the heated bucket seats and the roomy hatch area. There is plenty of leg room which my husband and son appreciate. The seats are nice and comfortable too. But I have trouble using the cruise control. It's awkward to use safely. I have to take my eyes off the road to see what I'm doing which is certainly not safe. I also do not like the button on the hatch door instead of a handle. I'm worried that it will malfunction quickly and be a pain to use afterwards.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my GMC Envoy. Very enjoyable ride and mo mechanical problems at all. I'm enjoying the multiple CD player and the deep bucket seats. I love the leather interior, the moonroof and the dual closure. I also like the door and window locks, the automatic seats and that they remember which driver you are. I like the interior design and the colors of both interior and exterior. The seats are very comfortable as well. I dislike however how far back the seat belts are attached. Also the center console takes up a lot of space but the way it's designed it doesn't hold much so it's wasting space.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased a certified used 2016 Chevrolet Malibu in March 2017 that was still under factory and powertrain warranty. My vehicle has been in the shop over 11 times since then with 8 of the repairs pertaining to the transmission. The vehicle has almost because multiple accidents on the interstate, caused me to miss a flight, caused me to be stranded in a variety of cities on multiple occasions where I have had to book hotel rooms and spend unnecessary money.

I have had a new engine put in my car, my transmission has been repaired twice, rebuilt twice, and replaced once, among many other minor repairs. On May 11th, my vehicle broke down on the highway while I was on my way to my college graduation. I was stranded 3 hours from my home and 2 hours from my destination. It was towed to the Orange Park Chevrolet Dealership where it remained until today, June 6th for another transmission issue. A case was opened for me with the GM Business Resource Center and Daniel was my case manager.

After 1 week of my car being in the shop, I was presented with 2 offers. They would do an equal trade or buy my vehicle back. Of course there are calculations involved and I was told I would be charged a usage fee for the mileage that I have put on the vehicle, but Daniel could not know the figures yet. He asked me to fax both the service receipts for all of my repairs and my buyer’s agreement. I obliged and confirmed via VM that I had sent everything he had requested.

He then called me back a week later to ask if I had a chance to send the paperwork. Once I told him I had done so last week he said he must have overlooked it and confirmed her now had it in front of him and would calculate everything. He also requested a copy of my registration. I told him that my registration was located in my vehicle that was 3 hours away. I suggested we contact the dealership that it was at and have them fax it to him. He said he would call them.

The next day, the dealership called me to tell me my vehicle was ready for pickup and that they needed their loaner back. I was shocked, because I was under the impression that I would not be placed back into a faulty and dangerous vehicle. I called Daniel and could not get a hold of him, so I spoke to a supervisor. She told me I had to return the loaner and that my vehicle would still be eligible for repurchase, but that the entire process takes a few weeks. When I asked her what would happen if I break down again or crash during my 3 hour commute home, she said she would “cross her fingers and hope for the best”.

On Tuesday, June 5th, Daniel called me to tell me that the buyer’s agreement I sent him on May 24th did not match their system. He couldn’t tell me exactly what did not match, but that they need to get the paperwork from the dealership I purchased it from. Daniel and I got into a heated debate about him sending me to collect all types of paperwork, yet he wasn’t doing his part. He continued to talk over me and blame me because I had not gotten him the registration even though he knew I could not. I mentioned that I should get an attorney and we were disconnected.

I picked my vehicle up today, June 7th. Upon pickup, I realized my entire backseat, back floor, and trunk was full of mold. The dealership said I must have had a leak, but it is not their fault. They did add it to the comments on my repair order, but would not do anything about it. I had to drive home for 3 hours in the Florida heat with my windows down because the mold was burning my eyes, throat, and nose.

I called GM today, June 7th to request that the mold issue be notated on my case and I was informed that Daniel closed my case on June 6th because I have an attorney. I never once said I was being legally represented nor did I request or agree to the case closure. My case is currently in the legal dept. Why would it be closed? Also, why would a supervisor not call me back. Daniel and I cannot communicate effectively and a supervisor should have stepped in. Your employees shouldn’t speak or blame their customers as he did me. Especially when I have been more than accommodating to all of his requests. As I was on the phone with a GM rep, my engine light came back on. So now my car is again shifting hard, the engine light is back on, and my vehicle is molded out.

I have been requesting to speak to a supervisor in the legal department other than Daniel since Tuesday to no avail. This entire ordeal has been pure hell, from purchase to current. My car is in the shop on average, every 1k miles. The repairs have been in the thousands. I still have 35k miles of powertrain warranty. Wouldn’t it be a smarter business choice to just settle this case as they have already put more into my car than it is worth and will continue to have to repair anything powertrain related? As a corporation, why do they feel comfortable treating their customers this way?

Original review: June 4, 2018

2015 GMC Denali - To my surprise, my front end struts went out at 73,000 miles. Ancira dealership had sold me a "long term warranty" when I bought the vehicle from them but refused to cover this. I was out almost $2000 for these. Struts should not go out with this kind of mileage and I do not go offroading with the vehicle. Will never buy GM again nor from Ancira.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I received an alert from On-Star through email (from General Motors) indicating that I need to have my engine/transmission checked. A few days later the engine light appeared. I didn't notice any malfunction of the car, at least yet. I contacted the dealer & was told that the car should be checked, but I would be responsible for the $150 diagnostics fee if the repair didn't fall under the warranty. I checked the manual & my car is still covered under the transmission/engine warranty, but there are certain engine/transmission repairs that aren't covered. I thought what is the reason to have this On-Star alert system. Shouldn't they know the details already? I think this is a ploy to get a customer in & make them pay. Unfortunately, the car is beginning to sputter as I'm driving. It doesn't happen during acceleration. Has anyone had this same issue & what was their resolution?

General Motors Company Information