Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.60/5

General Motors

General Motors, also called GM, is a major national auto manufacturer of trucks, SUVs, crossovers and vans under several different brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

324 General Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

"Service center completely scammed me." If I could give it a zero I would. Took my car in a year ago because it was stalling. They said they fixed it for $400 which some was covered under warranty. They replaced timing chain and gaskets. Still stalling so recently I had aftermarket solenoids put in. It was still stalling and check engine light came. Took it to Gordon’s and John ** told me it would be $542 and that’s it’s because I had aftermarket solenoids. I was hesitant, but he convinced me it would be running good after.

Next day he calls me and tells me it will be over $1400. But at this point they already changed the solenoids and that didn’t work. They misdiagnosed the problem. I tell them forget it and pick up my car. On the work order for the 1400 they have timing chain, gaskets and actuator. The same things they supposedly fixed a year ago. They still charged me $500 for the solenoids. Paid $500 for absolutely nothing and check engine lights still on. Nothing fixed for $500. I will be putting in a complaint through the state of Michigan. We actually have also talked to our cousin who is a lawyer. I feel like they took advantage of me because I am a woman. Also when I questioned him he hung up on me!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

When I made the appointment with Jim Ellis Chevrolet (01/15/2019), my thought pattern was that I would get better customer service experience if I travel a little further out for service on my vehicle, but I was WRONG with my analysis and will be the first and last time I will go into this establishment. I was not provided with the excellence or Customer Service experience as I look upon the trophies displayed in the lounge area. Being the first customer to walk into the service facility I was not greeted with a smile or friendly atmosphere. So, as I thought upon my experience with Jim Ellis Chevrolet, I decided as the customer to post my review on each of the Service Technicians:

Vladimir – Needs to provide better Customer Service, along with giving a status update to the customers he as registered and checked in for service on their vehicle. As the customer, I should not have to approach Vladimir or Luis ** 4 or 5 (four or five) times regarding the status of my vehicle. The tall bald guy with glasses – Was most alarming to me, the timeframe I was there within this facility from 7 am until almost 2 pm. This service facility technician, not ONE time helped any ** and as I sat and viewed with my own eyes all the customers ** waiting to be checked in.

This gentleman, not ONE time looked up, greeted, or assisted any of these customers ** waiting to be checked in for the service on their vehicle. However, any ** customer that walked into the service facility, he greeted with a smile, provided eye contact with them and assisted them. This technician was most alarming to me because I will not go into a service facility that harbors or employs a worker with that kind of mindset or ability to NOT help everyone!! Sueanne – Needs to work on her tone and Customer Service when on the phone assisting customers. Her tone was abrasive and not of a facility technician. Needs work on finding a balance in getting your point across and having a friendly tone in your voice at the same time.

Luis ** – Needs to provide better Customer Service, feedback and a status update to the customers. If Luis was not able to provide the certified service on my vehicle from the start, then the customer needed to be aware of this information and told another technician would take over assisting with the diagnosis of my vehicle. I should not have to approach Luis or Vladimir 4 or 5 (four or five) times regarding the status of my vehicle. Mr. ** – The ONLY service assistant that display attentiveness to his customers, he knew his job WELL, demonstrated Customer Service, feedback to his clients, and greeted his customers with a smile and friendly conversation.

I am disappointed in what I experienced and what I viewed from my time at Jim Ellis Chevrolet. There needs to be training or repair to the Customer Service experience because you never know who the individuals are walking through doors of Jim Ellis facility. I will forward both complaint/experience/feedback and compliment for (Mr. **) to GM. Thank you for taking the time to review this post.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Bought a new 2013 3500HD Duramax Diesel that doesn't get driven a great deal. Just over 20K miles and both "Knock Sensors" failed along with other Diesel Exhaust components. > $700 to replace sensors. Contacted GM and they tell me to read the Owner's Manual on Warranty - 36 Months. Not the first issue with sensors on this vehicle. My first new Chevrolet purchase ever and most likely the last. Happy with my 2003 Toyota Tundra with > 300K miles on it and no sensor problems. Stay away from GM.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We purchased a GMC Canyon, the contract was incorrect per our original agreement. I have proof of the original agreement, I took a picture of it. We were kept until right before closing and encouraged to sign without looking at any of the contract. We were taken advantage of over 5000 dollars. I have went into GM three times and called at least 8 times. Every time I am promised management will return my call. To date they have not called.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Worst car ever bought. I bought a brand new 2018 Terrain about 4 month ago and it has a weird noise in the transmission and the dealership and GM say they can't do anything about it. Would never recommend. I really regret buying a GM vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My wife and I purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox new, now it has 58,000 miles on it and it uses oil up to 2 quarts before a scheduled oil change. There is a extended warranty but they only rebuild the cylinder affected by the oil usage and they do not take care of any problems. After that...it's been in the shop twice for the engine light on which ended up being low on oil... I'm sick of having this Chevy. I wish I could get all our money back on this Chevy product... Never buy a Chevy again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Oil change was completed on 6-30-2018. As of 11-20-2018, I have still not received my $30 rebate. Every time I call the 844-656-5369 rebate center phone number, I am given another excuse that will delay the distribution by 4 more weeks. There is no regard for customer service or a sense of urgency. This is my second experience with GM Service Rebates with the same results. Numerous calls are required resulting in extended delays. GM should honor distribution of the rebate in the advertised 8 week time frame. If I am lucky this time, I may receive the rebate within 25 weeks. Handling rebates in this way does not provide an incentive to service my Buick at the dealership.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I stayed away from GM products for 50 plus years, and I make the mistake of not learning from the past of how poor GM is in their customer service. I purchase a 2019 Chevy Volt that has equipment installed in it that does not work properly, and both the dealer and GM refuses to take responsibility for selling and installing equipment that does not work properly. The GM customer service representative that contacted me was rude and was of absolutely no help in solving my problem. STAY AWAY FROM GM PRODUCTS!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I took my 2016 Terrain into a dealership because there was a vibrating in the front when I braked. They said all the rotors were warped and had to be replaced under warranty but the pads were not covered. I asked if we could leave the pads and just do rotors. They said there was lots of pad left but it was uneven wear because of the warped rotors and if I didn’t change them it would void warranty if anything else happened. So I had no choice. I said, "Fix it." Replacing both sets of pads was $410 and I called GM multiple times and they keep telling me it’s a wear and tear item and it’s not covered but in this case it’s not wear and tear. It was their defective rotors that ruined the pads. They won’t listen to me. They keep saying it’s wear and tear and they won’t cover it. I am absolutely frustrated and fuming. GM is trying to brush this off but it’s not going to happen! I am not going away!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have had four emissions failure all around the DEP system on my 2013 GMC HD 2500 Denali. Three of those were under warranty. I also had a breakdown due to metal in the fuel filter that is caused by a defective Bosch fuel pump. I found this out from an attorney that's filing a class action suit against GM. I opened a case with GM and talk to many people overseas about my issues with no resolution and just a runaround. So I guess the American made apple pie image is no more for GM. Both my GMCs are for sale and I will drive Ford or a brand more reliable. GM your overseas customer service centers are horrible. I bet not one drives a GM product but they are cheap labor.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Purchase a 2018 Impala August 10 2018. I have a major safety concern. My roof has two creases in it one being over 24 inches long. Took the vehicle back to the dealer Tim ** in Cleveland Ohio. I was told by the body shop manager "he had never seen this in 35 years." Said he had to get the GM rep involved. I requested a field engineer look at the roof. No one has come out to look at it or help me. The GM Rep said I damaged the roof myself by dropping something on the car in two places. The roof has 2 creases in two different places. I continue to point out to him there is zero paint damage. This will be my last GM vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Driving 42 Years I have always owned a GM Vehicle. After I finish paying off this 2016 Lacrosse I will never purchase another GM Vehicle again. I took my Car into Elk Grove Buick twice in two weeks suspecting a Transmission problem. They did their little computer check which showed nothing but I was still having the same issues. I took it to a independent service provider DK Automotive 712 E 18th St Antioch, CA 94509 and they listened and found the issue an internal problem with the transmission but they couldn't do the work because it's still under the powertrain warranty but they did get in contact with a Chevrolet in Concord CA and I had the car transferred to them and they Concurred With DK after doing their own testing. Spoke with the Dealership today and they won't have the Car ready until Tuesday. Oh I also had to pay DK $150.00 to do the work that Elk Grove Buick should have done.

I also was working with ** of GM PH# 866-790-5600 EXT ** who was going along with Elk Grove Buick and was willing to be a go between but wasn't pushing the envelope then had the nerve to tell me today that at least we found the issue. No (I) with my persistence, Footwork, and money found the issue. She also told me the rental I'm forced to drive is not covered because it's not a GM vehicle and they only cover three days of rental even though it's taking more than three days to fix the vehicle. So I'm done with GM. They just Kicked a long time customer to the curb.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I see all of the complaints about CUE computer system since 2013. Purchasing a 2015, I thought surely GMC has improved that product by now. But how wrong I was. I know GMC is not recalling that product because it is not a "safety issue", that is their way out. Come on GMC, you put out a junk CUE product, stand behind it. Has any CUE/Cadillac owners started a class action suit? If so, how can I join?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I contacted GM motors complaints department many times regarding a cracked passenger's airbag section. The full airbag compartment is cracked perfectly around the bag and my car is showing the sign of service airbag. Clearly this is a manufacturing problem. However, they are refusing to pay the service to check to ensure the airbag is safe. I will hold GM responsible for ANY damage that happens if the airbag inflates for no reason since the compartment is obviously cracked and in a perfect shape around the bag. I am too scared to even have a passenger sit in my car in the front out of fear that it could inflate at anytime with no proper cause. They continually and in writing have refused to pay for the service. They will be paying a whole lot more than $100 if this bag opens up suddenly in my car.

ZERO HELP from their staff. You have to contact them multiple times to actually receive a reply. Multiple emails to have someone call you back. They give you their number and extension but NEVER answer their calls. When they call you back if you are not available next to your phone, don't expect them to answer your call back even if it's seconds later. NEVER EVER BUYING A GM CAR EVER IN MY LIFE AGAIN. Guaranteed am also telling everyone I know the same. They are great as long as you are signing your cheques over for them, otherwise, NO ONE CARES for your safety or anything else. Am sure this review will also be insignificant to them, but at least if anyone wants to know the truth about them, they can read all the different opinions of real people before deciding.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

As an owner of a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse, a GMC Sierra, and having previously owned a 2010 Buick Enclave, I know I will never choose to purchase another GM Vehicle. I have had almost identical problems with the two SUVs. Both had major problems with steering, where the steering wheel locks up and will not turn quickly (almost as if the power steering goes out). This is extremely scary when you are making a turn while yielding to oncoming traffic. I had this repaired in my Enclave and it required removing the motor to repair $$$.

The Traverse has had very similar problems with the timing chain which needs to be replaced (just as it happened with the Enclave). I just had the AC blower and a tire sensor replaced and was told by the mechanic that the timing chain would still be covered under warranty since the car has less than 120K miles so I went ahead and let them do the other repairs ($600 worth) only to find out that the timing chain ($3500) would not be covered under the warranty. The car is now losing power so I'm sure it won't last much longer. These cars are junk after a few years and each time I called Chevrolet Cares and they would do absolutely nothing to help.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Got a 2017 GMC Sierra and the chrome wheels started peeling. Warranty had me give them 500.00 to replace the wheels which I did. Got new wheels on, got home from dealership and looked the wheels over. To say the least they looked like **. I could see sand scratches all through the chrome and pit marks everywhere. I took them back to the dealership the next day and they said there was nothing they could do.

Fast forward a year and 7 days and the chrome is peeling, and the tires won't hold air. I took them to a tire shop and they pull me into the garage to show me that the chrome is peeling off and corroding underneath where the tire seals. Clearly these wheels were refurbished and not prepped correctly. I contacted GMC multiple times and since I was 7 days out of warranty there was nothing they could do. Needless to say, I'll never purchase another GMC product again. It's sad when you spend so much on these trucks that they won't replace something so simple and go back on the company that refurbished the wheels.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased my ‘16 Yukon in August of 2017 and by far this was the worst purchased I could’ve made. Since the day if purchase, I have to repair/replace the battery, motor mounts (~5 days after purchased), some plug for the transmission as the RPMs continuously revs up at highway speeds over 3000 rpms, several computer resets, the AC (2x), the weather strips around the door frame of the vehicle, fuel injection pump, and transmission. The truck often jerks forward while in low speeds almost causing me to rear end someone even while applying the brake.

It seems as if I’m using an extensive amount of brake pressure as this truck is very unpredictable and unsafe. At times it has stuttered where it felt like I had no power while traffic causing vehicles to almost hit me. I’ve been told by the service department that they could not duplicate the issue. These concerns are very serious and definitely unsafe. It’s a shame that GM has taken the stance to ignore these issues.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I was driving on Oregon coast on a vacation. Just bought this truck with 39000 miles and all of the sudden the steering locking up and took everything I could do to turn to a safe stop. Had the vehicle repaired at a Chevrolet dealership in Newport who were great to work with. I called GM and this truck has been out of warranty for 4 thousand miles, and they only wanted to pay half, and give me credit for accessories. This could have cause me to get into a bad accident with my family in it. The steering gear failed all of a sudden with no warning. I have had paint issues with this truck and now safety problems. They will not stand up for craftsmanship of truck and is still worth around 48000 dollars. I have owned these trucks my whole life and now it will be the last.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

If you have to file a claim for assistance, pray you don’t get Yasmine. Rude rude rude. These people care nothing about their customers. 2016 Yukon transmission totally failed on first family road trip. Worst experience of my life. Really should have checked the reviews before I even bought the piece of junk. The one star speaks for itself. Be smart and do NOT buy anything from these people. Wish a million times I never would have!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Transmission gone in 2011 Cruze. Worst car I have ever bought. Problems from the minute we got this car home. No longer under warranty and hundreds of complaints on this piece of junk. This company needs to recall or get sued!!! Radio quit working, turbo replaced three times. Car was well maintained, just simply a really bad car.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This has been going on for years (back to 07) with Sierra, Escalade, Tahoe. Electrical problems (techs call it gremlins) that cause door locks to go up and down, gauges to go crazy, trans downshifting, StabiliTrak, left day time running light will be out (every 2007-2018 GM truck has a DTRL out on one side) because of a bad ground. Dealers say it's battery cables or ECU programming. It is a faulty wiring harness and ground connections. Remember the faulty (death) ignition? Nope. It just happened and has already disappeared.

GM trucks are garbage. I know, I had three and now am down to two. I also have a Ford (great truck no problems), and Infinity 5.6V8 (which is Nissan - 2000% better truck than any of my GMs). The only decent GM truck out of 20 GM trucks I've owned over the last 20 years has been the 3500 Dually 7.4L gas (remove CC and replace with performance RV exhaust). I have to strip grounds on my Escalade every other week just to keep it from shutting off. The ground strap from block to firewall near the power brake booster was green and falling apart. I'm in FL, with no salt or corrosion. These trucks are slapped together with the lowest bidder supplying the parts.

With the way Nissan and Toyota are coming on with the full size (and diesels) I can't see GM having any future in the truck business. They need to stick with competing against Tesla with their Volt (which is twice the car as a Model 3 - and I'm an Elon fan). Dodge is coming on REAL strong with their interior. Never thought I'd look at a Dodge product until I saw their new RAM products. But GM... as soon as the rest of my GM fleet are done, I'll never buy another GM truck. Nope. They took the bailout. Ford didn't. They have problems and deny them. Other companies admit, fix, pay fine, fire people, and move on (Volkswagen and others). But not GM. It's the old school Detroit thinking... deny deny deny. That's why they are losing market share and their stock is garbage like their trucks. Ick, I can't wait to get rid of all mine.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I bought my 2013 Malibu in 2014 with 30,000 miles on it. While still under warranty I had ALL 4 hub bearings go bad which were NOT covered under warranty although a known issue. I had to replace camshaft actuator and exhaust manifold sensor. At the time they were also not covered but NOW there is a recall. Now with 109,000 miles I am replacing timing chain and ALL internal parts like guides and tensioners. $2100 job not covered and GM stated on recorded call that it is out of warranty and has too many miles.

They also stated that this is not a known issue (although I was told otherwise by GM service tech) and I should consider replacing the engine at a cost of $3900! GM will do NOTHING to assist in repair costs and will NEVER take responsibility for selling crap cars to who USE TO BE loyal owners. I guarantee you my next car in 5 months will be a Honda. Hey GM execs... I hope you go belly up and can't find a job and wind up on welfare as punishment for taking advantage of buyers who DEPEND on their car and the company they buy it from.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My timing chain needs replacing on My 2009 CTS. The code indicated the failure at 93,000.00. The car was properly maintained so I was surprised at this. In researching this I found it is a common known problem with the 3.6 for many models and years. GM refused to have a recall and chose a warranty extension on a few vehicles by VIN number, but left the majority of their customers stuck with $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 bill depending on where it is repaired. I have always supported GM with half of my family having worked for them. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle, and will discourage all my clients, (approx 1000) and social media followers, another 1200 from trusting GM again. They are unethical.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My 2015 Silverado 1500 broke down with 39,000 Miles on it. I had it towed to a Chevrolet Dealership. When they looked at it they told me it was the Fuel Injector on cylinder 6 that was faulty. Because it was out of the 3 year/36,000 Mile warranty I would have to pay for it myself. I told them I understood and would pay for it since it was out of warranty. They then told me that since the vehicle was apart that I should replace the Fuel Rail and ALL the other Fuel injectors on that side in case they were bad too. I didn't think it sounded right, but since I brought it right to the dealer I figured I should trust their opinion. I replaced everything they said which came out to $1,300. Mind you this is a truck with 39,000 miles on it. It gets worse. Once they put it back together they told me it still wasn't running right. They kept trying to figure out what was wrong with the vehicle because they couldn't figure it out originally.

After they replaced the fuel injector they told me it wasn't working again. They then replaced the pushers, still wasn't working properly. After that they decided they needed to call the GM Engineers to figure it out. Once they were called they found out that the entire cylinder needed to be replaced. It took them 3 times putting it back together totaling 2 weeks without me having a vehicle to figure it out. I'm not even blaming the dealership because I can understand that things happen. My real problem is with GM themselves because I called them after this all happened to explain the situation.

I got in touch with a woman named Sandra. I was explaining to her that I should not be liable for the fuel injectors seeing as they obviously let go due to the issues that happened from the warrantied parts. She took almost two weeks to come to the conclusion that even though I did fuel injector cleaners with all my oil changes that it was still me that should be on the hook for all the repairs, even the fuel injectors that never needed to be replaced at all! I told her that I can even understand replacing the one that was bad, even though that it was done based on a poor diagnostics. In all reality had they fixed the problems in the motor first I would have never paid for the fuel injectors.

It seems to me that they brought up the fuel injectors first just so they could charge me for them and then say that there are other problems that need to be addressed. She wanted to give me a $100 Chevrolet service coupon! Really?! I now have a truck with an extensive amount of motor work done on it with 39,000 miles. This is how GM backs their vehicles? Disgusting, that is all I can say about my experience with GM to this point.

Original review: July 30, 2018

9/15/17- Purchased 2014 Chevy Equinox, also paid $2500 for an extended warranty with CNA National. 7/18/18 - Vehicle just shut off while driving for maybe 10 minutes. It felt as if the battery had died. Please note I had no other issues prior to this with the vehicle. Tried to start it, and it sounded as if someone was playing the drums under my hood. Pushed car to safe location, and went home for the evening.

7/19/18 – I got a ride to the vehicle with hopes of it starting. Same thing happened. So, I reached out to my warranty company (CNAN) and was told that I can have the vehicle towed through their Roadside Assistance to a repair shop of my choice, and once an estimate was prepared, they would pay over the phone with a credit card. I had the vehicle towed to Quality Buick GMC in Alton, IL. 7/20/18 - Received a call from Quality that timing chain was busted, along with several other items, and engine was full of sludge. They stated I was still covered under GM Powertrain warranty and they submitted all of the information to GM, and got me a rental through Enterprise.

7/24/18 - Received a call from Quality stating that GM declined repairs, and now extended warranty company would not pay for the rental I had for days. I contacted GM and requested a supervisor to discuss options. Supervisor stated that they would review case and contact me within 2 days. With the vehicle having under 100,000 miles, she didn’t see any reason why they wouldn’t cover it. She asked where the vehicle was located and I started Quality Buick GM in Alton, after searching their database, she said they were not certified to do the repairs, and the vehicle would have to be towed to another location. She reached out to Jack ** in Wood River, and also as a courtesy, reached out to Chevy Roadside assistance to do a Dealer to Dealer transfer at no cost to me. I was very grateful for that.

She said the roadside assistance company would reach out to me within 20 minutes, and gave me a number to call if they did not. 45 minutes went by and I called Chevy Roadside Assistance to follow up on the transfer. Of course, they had no information, and was not eligible for the transfer. I contacted GM Warranty again, and they said she was not allowed to do that, and there was nothing they could do at that moment, and case was re-opened and pending investigation. Reached out to CNAC (extended warranty company) and Roadside Assistance wasn’t available with them either until 7 days from last time used.

Frustrated, I hang up, and look for other options online. I received a call from Allstate Ins. that they were attempting to pick up the vehicle, but there was a $300 balance with Quality Pontiac before vehicle could be transferred. They stated they were called out by Chevy Roadside Assistance, who just told me they had no information for transfer. So, I reached out to Quality for information on balance owed. They stated $100+ for opening up the engine, and the remaining balance was for the rental.

Also, vehicle would not be released until balance was paid. I explained to them that GM Warranty needed a Certified Dealer to estimate repairs, and they informed me they are a certified dealer. I called GM Warranty back to let them know what was going on, and they said the other person I talked to must be new, or not know what she is doing, because Quality is a certified dealer. I would only be getting charged more money by having another dealer open up the engine to do the estimate. I explained to them I would be leaving the vehicle at Quality, and gave them the contact info for the service department for investigation on repairs.

7/26/18 - Received a call from GM Warranty that repairs would not be covered due to it not being a manufacturer defect. That was their final answer. I spoke with 2 different service departments, Quality, and Jack ** and they stated there is no way the sludge in the engine could have been caused in the 10 months I’ve had the vehicle. Oil changes were always done on time, and I have proof of that. So, how it is that I now have a car with $6000+ damages, and a 14,000 balance on, $600 balance for rental + Quality doing estimate, and I’m responsible. I drive my car to make a living, and not only am I without a car, I’m now also without a job. I am beyond frustrated, and any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Own 3 Chevy Sonics. 2014 I bought mine, loved it so much we bought our 2 children one each in 11/16. In Jan of this year (2018) our son's car burnt up while it was parked and ignition was off for at least an hour. No modifications were made to this car. Fire department, and insurance company both said that the fire started "under the hood". We called GM immediately.

It took over 3 1/2 months for GM to even send anyone to look at it and it was after the insurance company had to threaten them. I went back to dealership, and was told that the car was still under factory warranty and they should have investigated it as soon as it happened. The GM investigator that did speak to me was rude and told me (3 months after the fire), "I am sure the car has been scrapped for metal by now"...which it had not been. He also said "Well we don't know that the car catching on fire was fault due to the motor"...and I replied "You wouldn't know cause you sent no one out."

On April 3, 2018 I emailed our insurance company and they said that GM would have a decision in 2 weeks. I have requested a status regularly and it has been 7 months with no response as in no call, email or letter from GM. All I asked was that they stand by their warranty. I understand that to GM this is a game of corporate bullying. They have no interest in providing a valid service to their customers. Their mission statement "We at GM make a strong commitment to our customers, employees, partners, and other important stakeholders". They continue to promote that they are guided by five principles including Safety and Quality first...Create Lifelong Customers. GM has demonstrated to me that they do not stand by their product or their mission. GM's only mission is to serve themselves at the expense of their customers. I will never buy a GM vehicle again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have a 2012 Buick Enclave. It is well maintained. Out of the blue a few weeks ago the trunk slammed on my head when I was taking items out of it. It didn't stop when it hit me. Just slammed down. I contacted GM knowing that there was a recall on this part before. I also saw that there were several class action lawsuits out so I assumed they would be good to help me. I sent them photos and videos, etc. It is a danger and I cannot use my trunk without someone holding it open. Even when you do it can push down against you so you have to jump out of the way. They refuse to fix it or even have the car inspected. Horrible customer service and terribly rude. Stay far far away from this company and these cars. If this had landed on one of my kids it would have caused serious damage.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My wife and I own three GM vehicles. A 2005 Cadillac CTS, 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT and a 1999 Chevy Corvette. Both my wife and I grew up GM fans. We have always driven GM, but no more. We do understand that we have older vehicles, but with how well we take care and maintain our vehicles they should drive like new. The Cadillac has 120,000 miles, the Trailblazer has 90,000 and the Corvette has 120,000. All three have the typical GM electrical bugs.

The Cadillac leaked water from a rain storm into the rear seat and floor (where electrical wiring is stored) flooded it and fried wiring. This is a well known common problem and GM will do nothing. Drain tubes get clogged in the headliner (horrible design). It had the common timing chain and oil consumption problems. The Trailblazer has HVAC issues and many other electrical problems. The Corvette has had the transmission replaced twice and has a lot of electrical problems. The money we pay for the cars and then have to repair weekly is ridiculous. I am no longer a GM fan and will be looking for a better company to buy future vehicles from.

Original review: July 19, 2018

2014 Silverado LT with 42,000 miles, PO102 Mass Airflow sensor code. Cleared code only to have it come back on in less than 10 miles. Called GM Customer Service at which they issued a Service Request # and told me it was under warranty. Scheduled appointment with dealer to get it repaired only to find out it wasn't covered by factory warranty and there would be a charge of $309.00 to replace it. I called Customer Service while at the dealer and they argued back and forth with each other with the final verdict of NOT COVERED. I just lost 4 hours work @ over $40.00 per hour for this **. This is my last GM product. Only TOYOTA from now on.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased a truck from GM on June 20th. I was told that I would have the registration in a week or two because it had to be signed and go through their legal department. (Too long to begin with but whatever). So I pay at the dealership Brett Chevrolet in Saint John NB and I waited. After two weeks I call and I'm told it's still not ready. I call a few more times still nothing and yesterday July 11 their business department tells me they have the papers and now have to send them to motor vehicle and that it will be ready in a day or two.

So again I wait. I decided to call today and check and the original guy is now on vacation and a different fella tells me they just got the paperwork from GM "today" and he will send it tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to speed it up. Needless to say it's difficult to purchase a vehicle from them or rather get a registration from them for the vehicle that you purchased. The whole inter-departmental finger pointing don't work for me and GM needs to get their "...." together on making these processes run smoother. I mean, I can't even legally drive a truck I bought almost a month ago because I don't have a registration, really?

General Motors Company Information