General Motors

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On October 28 I made a deal to purchase a new 2017 GMC crew cab 1500 Z71. At that time I put a thousand dollars down to hold the vehicle and signed a contract stating the price will not change unless come November 1 GMC changes any rebates. On November 1st I called my salesman to let him know I was coming in November 2nd to pay cash for the truck and asked for a total amount due including tax and title, which at the time was CONFIRMED as being the AGREED amount when I put money down to hold the truck because the rebates had not changed November 1st by General Motors.

When I came in to pay for the truck November 2nd the price had increased over $2400.00 which Dennis Dillon stated GMC had actually taken off some cash back incentive on that particular VIN #... I asked for a meeting to speak with upper management which I could not get for a few days stating he had sent a text of the situation at hand... My salesman said it would not make a difference and the price was not going to adjust and basically either buy it or don't. They sell so many vehicles daily it won't matter what was signed and agreed upon previously because this is General Motors' doings and out of Dennis Dillon control.

I personally feel my wife and I were mislead and there is some dishonesty involved because when all the rebates were presented to me and my wife at the time of money collected and a signed purchase agreement to hold the truck, never was this hidden GMC rebate EVER discussed nor a factor in the pricing of the vehicle???? So I had GMC accessories installed on the truck before I picked it up and set up the way I wanted it and we still bought the truck!!! Figuring we would get some answers from the dealership later when we reached out or GMC on their survey report which I still have not received?!! It was a horrible experience especially being a Ford consumer switching to General Motors.

I have reached out to upper management at Dennis Dillon since the purchase trying to get an honest response to my concerns and I have yet to be contacted back after several attempts, even after filling out their survey they sent for my experience! I would like to see if there is ANYONE at General Motors that can explain this to me as being true or if Dennis Dillon was being dishonest throwing General Motors under the Rug as the bad guy to increase a sale. If not then why was this hidden rebate by General Motors never mentioned as a potential rebate I could lose come the first of November affecting the price change of the vehicle by over $2400.00? Had I known this I would have purchased the vehicle before November 1st because my salesman said he highly doubted the rebates to change.

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. Transmission went out 200 miles out of warranty. Never hauled or pulled anything out of the ordinary or out of what the specs allow for the truck. Obviously being a issue with transmission before the warranty was up, GM refuses any assistance at all. Said because I didn't buy it from a GM dealership, there is nothing they will do. So please be very careful buying any GM vehicle from anyone. They will not stand behind what they make, and you will be treated the same way I was.

My transmission failed in my Saturn close to 100,000 miles. I bought a remanufactured transmission from GM which cost over $5,000 dollars. Over $1,200 to install. Lasted 16 months and 9,400 miles. GM/Saturn said I'm over the year so although I'm so far under the mileage they said "sorry can't help you". 9,400 miles for over $6,000 dollars. They are selling us defective items and stealing our money. Shame on them and I hope all future consumers boycott GM. They could care less about you and are ripping us off. No more GM products and I'm spreading the word to all friends, family, and any way I can get the word out. Everyone I know can't believe how they treat people. Shame on all of you and I hope no one is stupid enough to bail you out again. You don't deserve it.

I recently ordered and Purchased a Camaro. Unfortunately I was in car accident, therefore I had to have my new camaro repaired. I took it to a chevy dealership to have all the repairs done. Three weeks ago the dealership ordered black rally stripe decals to go on the hood of the Camaro. The dealership still has not had an expected date of arrival from GM on when the stripes will arrive. I could have had my car back three weeks ago all completed. I do not understand why it takes this long to make black rally stripes that goes on the hood of a Camaro and have them shipped to the proper place in a timely manner.

Just got off the highway thank God and the brakes went completely out. Putting me and my children in danger because the car wouldn't stop sending me into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting cars in front of me. This is horrible that GM won't do anything about this problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Motors?

General Motors Company Profile