2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

The Ford Escape is a crossover SUV with fold-down seats and plenty of cargo storage space. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Ford Escape Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?

Original review: July 15, 2020

Our 2018 Ford Escape Titanium joined our 2005 model. Rides great, interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. Turbo 4 provides plenty of high-speed highway power with excellent gas mileage. Handling on twisty Maine back roads, dry, wet or snow is terrific. Service under warranty has been limited to routine service, but quality has been good. The only issue is a relatively loud clunking sound that occurs after backing up like into a parking space then pulling out. Seems a common problem with the Escape, so the vehicle is at the dealer now.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Ford Escape offers a really premium package for a reasonable price. The car overall performs exceptionally well for a 4 cylinder, when everything is working that is. I have been able to tow jet ski's up a mountain canyon with ease. The issue is we constantly have something to fix on it, granted they have been smaller ticket parts. Another thing that irritates me is that the radio - Ford's "sync" has decided to stop working. This means we have no radio or backup camera. Very annoying.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My vehicle is partially old being a 2010 Ford Escape XLT. This car is only including a 4-Cylinder vehicle, which broadly is running partially fine (except only have 4-gears within the Trans & terrible changing automatic gears when driving. My minor car replacement has only included the overall exhaust pike being replaced while that's almost it. But this vehicle brand new within 2010 (including approximately $25,500 fully being loaded then except a moonroof), has repetitively (in all cars) for primarily having their only Right-Rear fender being rusted excluding anything else upon this Vehicle. Even the local Ford Dealership have confirmed that this area has always begins there compared with any other fender within while that's it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Our Escape is 2016 which in my mind means more in evaluation than those 'I just bought the car' surveys we often fill out. To still love and appreciate the car after almost 4 years exemplifies the quality and value that our Escape has provided. Basic maintenance is all that has been required. The cabin is as sound as the day she came away from the dealer. Big bang for the buck in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love my Ford Escape. It’s very comfortable and quiet. It has been very reliable and it has 4 wheel drive so it’s good on ice and snow. It’s been my favourite car so far. My Escape has lots of trunk room and I’ve hauled a love seat, coffee tables and a corner cabinet and a sideboard in it Which is very handy.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My Ford Escape is a 2017 and I bought it brand new. It’s not drove much. Basically to work which is only about 2 miles away. I have only 18,500 miles on it and the power steering rack broke. This car was only used for work and out of town travel. No bad roads. The part has to be defective. I am over the 3 year warranty by one month and to replace this part it will cost around $2000.00. For only having 18,500 miles on this car and has been very well taken care of, this part should not break. I have always been happy with Fords. In fact I own a 2008 F150, which I bought brand new and never had an issue. The company was notified and now we are waiting to hear if they will pay for the fix.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have a 2018 Ford Escape. My car is supposed to be under bumper to bumper warranty and Ford is refusing to repair it. The entire right side of the bottom of my car is hanging and ford is saying that I need to pay for it when they should cover it and apologize to me because this vehicle should not have as many issues as it does. Also, the vehicle has a pulling feeling when I'm on the highway. I specifically told them that the pulling does not happen when I drive on the street. So they test drove the car on the street only and told me they didn't feel any pulling. And if I wanted them to drive on the highway I would have to pay for time, labor, and tolls. That is so wrong. They are not honoring my warranty. Also, it is important to mention that they replaced the entire engine in September 2019.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Our SUV is the right size, with power, and super high MPG. This vehicle is getting 50 MPG in mostly city driving. It is quiet, comfortable, and sharp looking. All the safety features work and I fully expect them to operate as developed. I believe we made a good investment in this SUV.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been a loyal Ford customer and I've owned a total of four. In 2008, I bought a new Escape. At 116,000 miles, the transmission went out. Because I like the Escape, I gave it another chance and bought a 2014. At 100,247 miles, the transmission on this one is out. I researched this and found that it is an ongoing problem with the Escape and 2014 is an especially bad year but Ford won't accept any responsibility. My warranty is over by 247 miles. I have to pay almost $6000 to fix it. I will never purchase another Ford vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have just bought the 2019 Ford Escape. I was reluctant to use the park assist feature, but I told myself I'm paying for it why not. Big mistake. After it located the parking spot it told me to put in reverse and let go of steering wheel. Before I could do anything it ran right into the car behind me. I got no warnings. I know I'm still supposed to use the brakes but it happened so fast I was unable to stop before hitting the other car. Murphy For Chester PA said it was my fault. They checked the system and said nothing was wrong. I understand ford doesn't have the automatic brake feature. I don't think Ford Escape system is reliable. Why would you market a feature that is not reliable.

Ford Escape Company Information