2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.35/5

The Ford Escape is a crossover SUV with fold-down seats and plenty of cargo storage space. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Ford Escape Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Ford Escape offers a really premium package for a reasonable price. The car overall performs exceptionally well for a 4 cylinder, when everything is working that is. I have been able to tow jet ski's up a mountain canyon with ease. The issue is we constantly have something to fix on it, granted they have been smaller ticket parts. Another thing that irritates me is that the radio - Ford's "sync" has decided to stop working. This means we have no radio or backup camera. Very annoying.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My vehicle is partially old being a 2010 Ford Escape XLT. This car is only including a 4-Cylinder vehicle, which broadly is running partially fine (except only have 4-gears within the Trans & terrible changing automatic gears when driving. My minor car replacement has only included the overall exhaust pike being replaced while that's almost it. But this vehicle brand new within 2010 (including approximately $25,500 fully being loaded then except a moonroof), has repetitively (in all cars) for primarily having their only Right-Rear fender being rusted excluding anything else upon this Vehicle. Even the local Ford Dealership have confirmed that this area has always begins there compared with any other fender within while that's it.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

It's a good family car. The heated seats are comfortable. The back up camera add safety. The back lifts up to put groceries in before you even get to the car, nice for rainy or snowy days. It gets great gas mileage and drive well on snowy roads. The automatic four wheel drive sensor adds extra safety on bad roads.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Our Escape is 2016 which in my mind means more in evaluation than those 'I just bought the car' surveys we often fill out. To still love and appreciate the car after almost 4 years exemplifies the quality and value that our Escape has provided. Basic maintenance is all that has been required. The cabin is as sound as the day she came away from the dealer. Big bang for the buck in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love my Ford Escape. It’s very comfortable and quiet. It has been very reliable and it has 4 wheel drive so it’s good on ice and snow. It’s been my favourite car so far. My Escape has lots of trunk room and I’ve hauled a love seat, coffee tables and a corner cabinet and a sideboard in it Which is very handy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been a loyal Ford customer and I've owned a total of four. In 2008, I bought a new Escape. At 116,000 miles, the transmission went out. Because I like the Escape, I gave it another chance and bought a 2014. At 100,247 miles, the transmission on this one is out. I researched this and found that it is an ongoing problem with the Escape and 2014 is an especially bad year but Ford won't accept any responsibility. My warranty is over by 247 miles. I have to pay almost $6000 to fix it. I will never purchase another Ford vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have just bought the 2019 Ford Escape. I was reluctant to use the park assist feature, but I told myself I'm paying for it why not. Big mistake. After it located the parking spot it told me to put in reverse and let go of steering wheel. Before I could do anything it ran right into the car behind me. I got no warnings. I know I'm still supposed to use the brakes but it happened so fast I was unable to stop before hitting the other car. Murphy For Chester PA said it was my fault. They checked the system and said nothing was wrong. I understand ford doesn't have the automatic brake feature. I don't think Ford Escape system is reliable. Why would you market a feature that is not reliable.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

While driving the new 2020 Escape. In the rain at night, while driving on a two lane road. Your vision is disrupted by the passenger windshield wiper stopping right in your field of view. When cars are approaching in the other direction, your vision is blurred , either by the rain droplets, windshield wipers or both.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have owned this SUV for over 50k miles. I get 28 to 31 mpg. This suv is quick and fun to drive. I have not had a single problem squeak etc. I can fit my wife and I mountain bike's in the back. I do take off the front tires. Good all around value.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

It is large enough to have plenty of room and small enough for this old woman to get in and out of easily. The gas mileage is fairly good and I have had very few mechanical problems with it. My only complaint is the microfiber seats. They just cannot be cleaned. My next one will have leather seats.

Ford Escape Company Information