2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

The Ford Escape is a crossover SUV with fold-down seats and plenty of cargo storage space. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Escape Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?

Original review: March 1, 2021

My 2018 Ford Escape is saying power train malfunction reduced power. It’s a newer car it shouldn’t be having issues like this already. It doesn’t like to shift into gear correctly and the rpms go through the roof. I shouldn’t have to be paying this amount of money already to fix a car that’s not very old.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

FORD has a pretty big problem with their engines. One that could cost you the price if a new Engine. Please look up issues with antifreeze leaking in to the cylinders. Is has been a know issue and they continue to sell these cars to unsuspecting customers. IT IS A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW THAT WILL COST YOU THE PRICE OF A NEW ENGINE! Ford will not stand behind their vehicles and will only give you a "I'm sorry". This is exactly why foreign cars are holding their values better that American cars. FORD is a company who doesn't care about customers or building a good car with longevity in mind. My 2017 Escape with only 74k miles on it needs a new engine. This issue spans from all ford vehicles with the eco engines from 2013 to at least 2019 yet they continued to sell them even after the flaw was found. I strongly advise anyone to do your research on these vehicles or you may find yourself in a very uncomfortable financial situation.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Our 2018 Ford Escape Titanium joined our 2005 model. Rides great, interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. Turbo 4 provides plenty of high-speed highway power with excellent gas mileage. Handling on twisty Maine back roads, dry, wet or snow is terrific. Service under warranty has been limited to routine service, but quality has been good. The only issue is a relatively loud clunking sound that occurs after backing up like into a parking space then pulling out. Seems a common problem with the Escape, so the vehicle is at the dealer now.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

In June I wrote a review on how my 2017 Ford Escape Power Steering Rod broke. My warranty expired and I had very low mileage on this vehicle (under 30,000). When this happened, Zook Motors in Kane PA gave us a phone number for Ford's main office and told us to contact them and explain about the rod broke on very low miles and warranty is expired and see if they will still cover it being the miles on the vehicle was so low. We did as Zooks instructed us to do.

Within a week, we were notified that the Ford Company will make the repair without any cost to us. Zook Motors was so kind that they gave us a vehicle to borrow during the entire time. They did the repair and it’s now almost October and the vehicle is going good again. But now my check engine light keeps kicking on and off. I’m trying a higher grade gas to see if that makes it stay off. There is no issue with it running, why that light is doing that, I don’t know. If it continues, back to Zooks I will take it. They took very good care of us with the broke rod, so I’m sure they will with this matter too.

I don’t know if I’ll ever buy a Ford Escape again. The vehicle itself is nice but the issues that are popping up with being 3 years old and under 30,000 miles isn’t good. I only use this vehicle for pleasure, we take very good care of it and was hoping it would be a good dependable vehicle. Now I’m questioning it... Yes I plan to purchase another new vehicle in three years. But what I purchase is undecided right now. Ford was good to us at making things right without any cost. So maybe we’ll stay with Fords just not an Escape.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My Ford Escape is a 2017 and I bought it brand new. It’s not drove much. Basically to work which is only about 2 miles away. I have only 18,500 miles on it and the power steering rack broke. This car was only used for work and out of town travel. No bad roads. The part has to be defective. I am over the 3 year warranty by one month and to replace this part it will cost around $2000.00. For only having 18,500 miles on this car and has been very well taken care of, this part should not break. I have always been happy with Fords. In fact I own a 2008 F150, which I bought brand new and never had an issue. The company was notified and now we are waiting to hear if they will pay for the fix.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have a 2018 Ford Escape. My car is supposed to be under bumper to bumper warranty and Ford is refusing to repair it. The entire right side of the bottom of my car is hanging and ford is saying that I need to pay for it when they should cover it and apologize to me because this vehicle should not have as many issues as it does. Also, the vehicle has a pulling feeling when I'm on the highway. I specifically told them that the pulling does not happen when I drive on the street. So they test drove the car on the street only and told me they didn't feel any pulling. And if I wanted them to drive on the highway I would have to pay for time, labor, and tolls. That is so wrong. They are not honoring my warranty. Also, it is important to mention that they replaced the entire engine in September 2019.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Our SUV is the right size, with power, and super high MPG. This vehicle is getting 50 MPG in mostly city driving. It is quiet, comfortable, and sharp looking. All the safety features work and I fully expect them to operate as developed. I believe we made a good investment in this SUV.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been a loyal Ford customer and I've owned a total of four. In 2008, I bought a new Escape. At 116,000 miles, the transmission went out. Because I like the Escape, I gave it another chance and bought a 2014. At 100,247 miles, the transmission on this one is out. I researched this and found that it is an ongoing problem with the Escape and 2014 is an especially bad year but Ford won't accept any responsibility. My warranty is over by 247 miles. I have to pay almost $6000 to fix it. I will never purchase another Ford vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have just bought the 2019 Ford Escape. I was reluctant to use the park assist feature, but I told myself I'm paying for it why not. Big mistake. After it located the parking spot it told me to put in reverse and let go of steering wheel. Before I could do anything it ran right into the car behind me. I got no warnings. I know I'm still supposed to use the brakes but it happened so fast I was unable to stop before hitting the other car. Murphy For Chester PA said it was my fault. They checked the system and said nothing was wrong. I understand ford doesn't have the automatic brake feature. I don't think Ford Escape system is reliable. Why would you market a feature that is not reliable.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

While driving the new 2020 Escape. In the rain at night, while driving on a two lane road. Your vision is disrupted by the passenger windshield wiper stopping right in your field of view. When cars are approaching in the other direction, your vision is blurred , either by the rain droplets, windshield wipers or both.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have owned this SUV for over 50k miles. I get 28 to 31 mpg. This suv is quick and fun to drive. I have not had a single problem squeak etc. I can fit my wife and I mountain bike's in the back. I do take off the front tires. Good all around value.

Ford Escape Company Information