2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

The Ford Escape is a crossover SUV with fold-down seats and plenty of cargo storage space. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Escape Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Escape?

Original review: July 15, 2020

Our 2018 Ford Escape Titanium joined our 2005 model. Rides great, interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. Turbo 4 provides plenty of high-speed highway power with excellent gas mileage. Handling on twisty Maine back roads, dry, wet or snow is terrific. Service under warranty has been limited to routine service, but quality has been good. The only issue is a relatively loud clunking sound that occurs after backing up like into a parking space then pulling out. Seems a common problem with the Escape, so the vehicle is at the dealer now.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Ford Escape offers a really premium package for a reasonable price. The car overall performs exceptionally well for a 4 cylinder, when everything is working that is. I have been able to tow jet ski's up a mountain canyon with ease. The issue is we constantly have something to fix on it, granted they have been smaller ticket parts. Another thing that irritates me is that the radio - Ford's "sync" has decided to stop working. This means we have no radio or backup camera. Very annoying.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My vehicle is partially old being a 2010 Ford Escape XLT. This car is only including a 4-Cylinder vehicle, which broadly is running partially fine (except only have 4-gears within the Trans & terrible changing automatic gears when driving. My minor car replacement has only included the overall exhaust pike being replaced while that's almost it. But this vehicle brand new within 2010 (including approximately $25,500 fully being loaded then except a moonroof), has repetitively (in all cars) for primarily having their only Right-Rear fender being rusted excluding anything else upon this Vehicle. Even the local Ford Dealership have confirmed that this area has always begins there compared with any other fender within while that's it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Our Escape is 2016 which in my mind means more in evaluation than those 'I just bought the car' surveys we often fill out. To still love and appreciate the car after almost 4 years exemplifies the quality and value that our Escape has provided. Basic maintenance is all that has been required. The cabin is as sound as the day she came away from the dealer. Big bang for the buck in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love my Ford Escape. It’s very comfortable and quiet. It has been very reliable and it has 4 wheel drive so it’s good on ice and snow. It’s been my favourite car so far. My Escape has lots of trunk room and I’ve hauled a love seat, coffee tables and a corner cabinet and a sideboard in it Which is very handy.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

FORD has a pretty big problem with their engines. One that could cost you the price if a new Engine. Please look up issues with antifreeze leaking in to the cylinders. Is has been a know issue and they continue to sell these cars to unsuspecting customers. IT IS A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW THAT WILL COST YOU THE PRICE OF A NEW ENGINE! Ford will not stand behind their vehicles and will only give you a "I'm sorry". This is exactly why foreign cars are holding their values better that American cars. FORD is a company who doesn't care about customers or building a good car with longevity in mind. My 2017 Escape with only 74k miles on it needs a new engine. This issue spans from all ford vehicles with the eco engines from 2013 to at least 2019 yet they continued to sell them even after the flaw was found. I strongly advise anyone to do your research on these vehicles or you may find yourself in a very uncomfortable financial situation.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

In June I wrote a review on how my 2017 Ford Escape Power Steering Rod broke. My warranty expired and I had very low mileage on this vehicle (under 30,000). When this happened, Zook Motors in Kane PA gave us a phone number for Ford's main office and told us to contact them and explain about the rod broke on very low miles and warranty is expired and see if they will still cover it being the miles on the vehicle was so low. We did as Zooks instructed us to do.

Within a week, we were notified that the Ford Company will make the repair without any cost to us. Zook Motors was so kind that they gave us a vehicle to borrow during the entire time. They did the repair and it’s now almost October and the vehicle is going good again. But now my check engine light keeps kicking on and off. I’m trying a higher grade gas to see if that makes it stay off. There is no issue with it running, why that light is doing that, I don’t know. If it continues, back to Zooks I will take it. They took very good care of us with the broke rod, so I’m sure they will with this matter too.

I don’t know if I’ll ever buy a Ford Escape again. The vehicle itself is nice but the issues that are popping up with being 3 years old and under 30,000 miles isn’t good. I only use this vehicle for pleasure, we take very good care of it and was hoping it would be a good dependable vehicle. Now I’m questioning it... Yes I plan to purchase another new vehicle in three years. But what I purchase is undecided right now. Ford was good to us at making things right without any cost. So maybe we’ll stay with Fords just not an Escape.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My Ford Escape is a 2017 and I bought it brand new. It’s not drove much. Basically to work which is only about 2 miles away. I have only 18,500 miles on it and the power steering rack broke. This car was only used for work and out of town travel. No bad roads. The part has to be defective. I am over the 3 year warranty by one month and to replace this part it will cost around $2000.00. For only having 18,500 miles on this car and has been very well taken care of, this part should not break. I have always been happy with Fords. In fact I own a 2008 F150, which I bought brand new and never had an issue. The company was notified and now we are waiting to hear if they will pay for the fix.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have a 2018 Ford Escape. My car is supposed to be under bumper to bumper warranty and Ford is refusing to repair it. The entire right side of the bottom of my car is hanging and ford is saying that I need to pay for it when they should cover it and apologize to me because this vehicle should not have as many issues as it does. Also, the vehicle has a pulling feeling when I'm on the highway. I specifically told them that the pulling does not happen when I drive on the street. So they test drove the car on the street only and told me they didn't feel any pulling. And if I wanted them to drive on the highway I would have to pay for time, labor, and tolls. That is so wrong. They are not honoring my warranty. Also, it is important to mention that they replaced the entire engine in September 2019.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Our SUV is the right size, with power, and super high MPG. This vehicle is getting 50 MPG in mostly city driving. It is quiet, comfortable, and sharp looking. All the safety features work and I fully expect them to operate as developed. I believe we made a good investment in this SUV.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been a loyal Ford customer and I've owned a total of four. In 2008, I bought a new Escape. At 116,000 miles, the transmission went out. Because I like the Escape, I gave it another chance and bought a 2014. At 100,247 miles, the transmission on this one is out. I researched this and found that it is an ongoing problem with the Escape and 2014 is an especially bad year but Ford won't accept any responsibility. My warranty is over by 247 miles. I have to pay almost $6000 to fix it. I will never purchase another Ford vehicle.

Ford Escape Company Information