Ford Explorer

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My Ford Explorer 2016 has only 9,000 miles and suddenly started to lose power while driving and stopped in the middle of the road. This situation happened 4 times in 2 days. I called 2 Ford dealerships in Tampa and I had to wait for 4 days before I could get an appointment. I was finally given an appointment for 8:30am and when I called for an update at 12:30pm I was told my SUV was yet not checked by the staff. I called Ford customer service to see what they could do and their answer was, "We can't take your concern now because our system is updating." This is my first and last time I will ever have a Ford vehicle.

My 2008 Ford Explorer V8 AWD has had mechanical problems since the middle July. I dropped it off at the local Ford dealer on 7/20/16 and by Ford's diagnostic fault codes was diagnosed with bad Cam Phasers. The Cam Phasers were replaced and we picked it up on 7/28/16 and drove off on a family vacation to the lake the next day. While at the lake the vehicle died in traffic several times and the check engine light came on again. We took it to a local place and they read the codes as being the Cam Phasers again. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in when I was able and they would look at it again. I dropped it off on August 15 (after it had died on my in rush hour traffic on the highway with a semi truck fast approaching) and finally on August 29 after much troubleshooting and research on the fault codes, Ford concluded it was the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The part was not in stock and was given a completion date of Sept 8.

Then a memo changed the date to Sept. 12. Then a back order until October 23! The dealership cannot fix my vehicle without a part. I don't understand why or possibly how it could take 2 months to manufacture a part; however, I was patient and waited. Today is Oct 24 and there is no answer of when the PCM will be available from Ford. Ford will not even issue me a rental car for my obvious imposition and the Regional Sales Manager only wants to tell me she "understands" but has no answers. I need to speak with someone who is a little more action than talk.

In the mean time the local dealer has tried 3 aftermarket PCM's that do not work. Really, I don't want to 'settle' for an aftermarket Part. It is after all a Ford vehicle. Again, they are doing their part to try to fix my vehicle but if Ford is not producing a part, what are they supposed to do? This is my 3rd Explorer over 15 years. My husband has always driven a Ford Truck, as well as my brother in law and father in law. We have a business that purchases Ford Trucks as well. We like supporting the American economy! Losing my patience with Ford! This may be the last Ford we purchase.

I have owned 8 Fords over the last 22 years. Never again! The paint on the hood of my 2013 Ford Explorer is bubbling and peeling off. I have read hundreds of complaints on this, so I know that Ford is aware. Yet they refuse to do anything about their defective paint job.

This gonna be a long one. Bought a 2015 Explorer as they became available in late 2014. Second Explorer I've procured. Wasn't happy with the 2004 that blew the water pump, timing chain and other components within 25K miles... especially the crack in the tailgate due to sub par engineering when you closed the glass. Hence why that option isn't available any longer. BUT, thought I'd give the redesigned body style a chance.

Anyway. First family trip (12K miles on the vehicle) it rides like, or worse than a covered wagon with 5 people and luggage loaded on it. Actually... very scary. Made it unharmed but anything over 70 and it swayed like it was going to flip. Not sure why I didn't take it in and complain then. Just assumed. Got home and the rear tires were so bad they were shredding metal. Got the rear end aligned and new tires put on which were worn on the inner rim because the alignment was toed out so bad. Tire dealer informed me that they could not align it all the way out because the knuckles in the rear were already worn. Took it to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with the suspension or alignment.

One year removed (and no other family trips) the thing still drives like a pissed off bull. I've got 44K on it and have "put up" with this because the dealers have told me there is nothing wrong with it. Took it back to the dealer who said they needed to align it first before assessing if anything is wrong with the suspension. Dealer assessment. $7500. ** to that. Dealer says someone must have hit something really hard because the front frame is cracked along with a bent RIGHT front and back wheels. Vehicle has never been in more than a slight fender bender to the LEFT front fender. I'm done with FORD and will never ever buy another.

I've had my Explorer for 2 months now and when driving over 50 MPH, a bad fouling odor comes into the cabin. I just had yesterday the first oil change and explained it to the service tech at Ford. He explained that it has been happening to a lot of customers: it is the exhaust fumes that come inside the cabin. He even explained that he tried to put a deflector on another customer but did not work. Said that Ford was aware of these complaints and was working on a Service Bulletin... not a recall... Once they have assessed the solution... Meanwhile we users are helpless... And it is a dangerous situation because it is carbon monoxide we are being exposed to. Also, I find that the driving/handling is too unrefined... You need to make adjustments all the time and when driving on the highway it can be easy to lose control of the car and also become a dangerous situation...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

I have had my Explorer for about 3 months. Started slipping/jerking. It is now in the shop and needs a new transmission. I called Ford customer care and was advised that there has not been a recall because not enough people are calling customer care and putting in a complaint with their VIN number. I beg you please call and complain. These transmissions are expensive and a lot of us cannot afford to have them fixed.

2016 Ford Explorer bought at Berge Ford in AZ. When I accelerate there is the smell of exhaust that comes into the cabin. I took it in for its first oil change last month and was told that the smell was coolant. They didn't even list my complaint on the work order. This morning I had to accelerate and the smell was so bad it gave me a headache.

My husband had a horrible experience with his Ford Explorer. It ruined our credit history when one of the two timing chains fell into the engine and destroyed the engine. After the repair other things no longer worked, like the horn. It wasn't covered under the warranty. Then the bearings went out. The new bearings failed and he was told because they were cheap overseas parts and he had to pay $100 more to get the "good" part. It wasn't covered under the engine warranty. My husband passed away on Monday (I am sure the stress didn't help him). My husband suddenly got very sick and passed Monday.

A friend wanted to borrow the truck while she had her transmission repaired. When she drove the truck, the lights started blinking, the power steering quit and she could barely turn it around to bring it back to me. In my opinion, all of these other reviews on here should file a class-action suit. I am not sure I can even sell the truck now and not sure it's worth changing into my name.

2012 Ford Explorer - with approximately 45,000 miles driving down the freeway at 70MPH on a hot day, the driver's side front windshield window trim panel blew off. I had noticed a whistling noise right before this happened the last day or two. It was a plastic piece that seemed to have been held on by some 2-way tape and a small bracket or two. $100 to replace and repair. It still makes some noise on warm days while driving on the freeway. I am waiting for it to blow off again. Piece of crap design.

In 2006 I purchased new a 2006 Ford Explorer and it's been a good vehicle that has approximately 95,000 driven miles on it. Only recently it was discovered that the roof paint is peeling and beginning to rust. It appears to me that the roof was poorly painted and the coverage was too thin. Professionals have told me that the original painting was inferior much like the 2005 Explorer that was recalled for that very reason. My vehicle was manufactured in January of 2006 and I am convinced that the paint procedure was not changed until later in 2006. On July 25 my vehicle goes in a garage for a new paint job on the top. At this time the expense will be born by me. I feel like warranty or not, Ford did a poor job with the painting and should share in some or all of the cost including the use of a rental car for the week. I hope Ford sees this posting and takes some action of assistance.

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer that had the electronic power steering suddenly quit working. I quickly learned that this had been recalled and called a dealership to confirm this. They told me that yes the 2013 Explorer had been recalled for this problem, however, not the month that my car was manufactured. I filed a complaint and got a case number. The dealership then looked into the problem and said that it is the exact same problem that the other 2013 Explorers had and that were recalled for safety reasons. After about a month of my car being in the shop and no news from Ford they finally called and said that they would not be covering anything because the car was past its warranty (the car has 68,000 miles). I feel that Ford is liable for this issue and should stand behind their product and the safety of its customers.

I bought my truck back in two thousand four - took it to the Ford dealership four times about the clock sound when I apply pressure to the break Or stop suddenly. But each time they claim they could not duplicate what I was talking about. To this day I still have the problem it doesn't do it all the time but is there. And I also have three cracks in my bike hitch.

Ok this is my second Explorer. My first was 2001, had 190000 on it when I finally sold it. Never had any issues with it, ran forever. Now I bought a 2008 Eddie Bauer model with around 63000 on it. Since around 68000, the radio would light up then not light up on and off. The interior lights would come on and off driving down the road. The heat fan, since 85000, won't work on 1 or 2 or 3 and 4. I take excellent care of my vehicles, somewhat of a nut, always on time for oil changes, filters, tire rotations, fix things when they need it or wearing out. But this set of issues is stupid. I did research on it.

Apparently, the ignition switch is the issue and has been an issue for a lot of people. I luckily do not have the automatic seats because if I did when the lights come on these seats go back all the way so you can get out. Problem people are driving down the road when this happens. I just get the lights on inside that mess you up at night. Ford should be recalling this issue asap. It is a safety issue. I am having mine replaced, I hope this corrects the other issues. If not that means another issue like a short. That will cost some money. This maybe my last Explorer after this. Sad, I love how they run, ride, safety long-lasting comfortable to drive.

Purchased a 2016 Ford Explorer and within the first 500 miles had a very loud clunking in the front suspension. Brought it to the dealer and they couldn't find the problem; called Ford service and stated the problem but did not get a resolution with Ford. The vehicle has 1,500 miles and clunking continues as I step on the brake and the funny thing is that it doesn't do it every time... I also feel like the Tracking Assist is malfunctioning.

I bought a brand new 2012 Ford Explorer at the end of 2011 and by end of 2012 I had already put in all new rotators, brake pads, and tires! They told me it was the "weather" when I had been complaining of squealing and other noises from the first 2 months on out. Then it was making more whistling sound towards the back that they for a long time couldn't figure out what was going on, turned out it was some other part of the tires/rotors or something, again NOT covered by anything??

How can a car have that many issues and it's blamed on the weather? So you're telling me FORDS cannot survive winter weather in New England? Then why sell them in NE. Firstly I am a FORD all the way girl never bought anything else in the 3 cars I had and the 3 trucks my husband had, had some issues but never anything like this on a brand new SUV! I constantly felt a "jutting" feeling when braking at certain speeds, shaking at certain speeds before and after the rotor etc changes, but it was just a sticky something or other no problem?!?

By beginning of 2014 I was driving in slight traffic downtown and all of a sudden the car overheated and died on the side of the road, smoke everywhere and leaking fluids everywhere.. We let it cool for about 4 hours and was able to drive it again. They were "unsure" what would have caused that? IT'S A BRAND NEW SUV!!! And yes we did all rotations, oil changes, etc on the mark when we were supposed to. Yet somehow nothing was ever covered and nothing was at fault of the car and the way it was built! Bringing a car in for the same issue 3-4x? That should be criminal on a new 40k vehicle! Needless to say after the new SUV dying in the middle of town I traded it in for a Toyota highlander who backs their cars! Never ever thought I'd go Toyota but I wouldn't change in a heartbeat, not ONE issue with the car yet besides a gas cap button and they fixed it immediately - no cost to me! Ridiculous. Will never buy Ford again! :(

My company provided a 2013 Ford Explorer as a company car. I used it for three years and put 85,000 miles on the vehicle. I decided to purchase the vehicle from the leasing company to give it to my college aged son. I was also getting a strong exhaust smell in the cabin which was happening for several months before the noise started.

The day I titled the car in my name, a loud pinging sound/puttering sound developed in the engine compartment. I took it to the dealer and found out that the exhaust manifold separated from the engine and it developed an exhaust leak. It cost $965 to repair. I asked the Dealer and called Ford Motor Company to ask if they would cover the repair. I was told the warranty ended at 80K for the exhaust and there was nothing they could do. Ford said to hold on to the receipt if there is a recall they would reimburse me.

Researching this issue online, I see there is a class action lawsuit against Ford for exhaust in the cabin. Many other posts about this similar issue. Clearly there is a manufacturing defect in the exhaust system that Ford knows about but is unwilling to correct. It's been a good vehicle and I have a new 2016 model, but I'm extremely disappointed in Ford for not taking care of this issue. Especially because if I took it back to them a month earlier, it still would have been under warranty.

Purchased a 2016 Ford Explorer and within the first 200 miles had a very loud clunking in the front suspension. Brought to the dealer and they stated this is normal, all the new Explorers do it and they are waiting for Ford to determine what the repair is. Called Ford service and stated the problem and what the dealer said and ask to speak to someone concerning this. The response was they can give me their legal department phone number and would not do anything to help me. The vehicle has 3000 miles on it and the clunk is so bad now I do not feel safe driving it and now when braking the front end pulls hard to the left. Called Ford and the dealer and they will do nothing. Not even look at it.

I'm getting exhaust fumes in the cabin of the SUV when I accelerate to enter the Freeway. Since the SUV is brand new I figured it was new car burn-off but it wasn't. I'm still getting the smell and yesterday I got a notice that there is a class action lawsuit against Ford for not repairing the SUV. My research show many with the same problem going back as far as 2011 and now I'm looking at months of repairs if any.

I purchased my 2013 Explorer Limited. I drove it for a couple of weeks without issues but noticed a noise when I would drive East and West down the highway. I called Sam Pack Ford Lewisville where this unit was purchased new. I advised my new service advisor Mike of the issue. Told him that this is coming from the windshield. Mike thought this was odd but said they would check it out. Turns out that the windshield had to be re-sealed. All was good for some time before the car had more issues. The radio system would go blank and then turn on or back off without noticed. Took it back in for service and they couldn't find anything. Then the A/C would cool correctly and then this was resolved. Time has passed again with no issues until my mirror started to click when I folded them in. Called to make an appointment to have it replaced. Took an act of congress to have this replaced but Ford fixed it.

I had been so frustrated with Ford that I filed a complaint with them. It seems every time that I turned around something new would break. Mind you this vehicle is still under warranty. The dealership advised they would look at the issues after Ford contacted them. Issue was resolved but my frustration was gaining steam. The next time I took the car in for service was a squeal coming from the sunroof. When you would retract the sunroof mess to see out, the retraction of this would squeal. Call the dealership to have this fixed. The normal service advisor Mike was going on vacation to a foreign country. Another team member was working his tickets/jobs while out. He said that it can take a few days but will let me know. Called and told me the track need to be replaced and will call when done I picked up the car and drove off.

Then some time later the other mirror started to click like the drivers side. Called Ford and complain about this and how many things keep breaking. Again, took an act of congress to have this replaced but Ford fixed. Once this was fixed I started to notice a rattle in my door area like plastic was rubbing. Call once again to get this fix. The service guy said that they would get an interior tech on it. Called once again and filed a complaint with Ford. This car was driving me nuts with all the issues. I and the service advisor drove the car a few days later when I went to pick this up to find the issues hasn't been fixed.

When I called Ford again about the issues that advised me, the Sam Pack Service manager drove with me and I was very happy. I never drove with anyone other than the service advisor. The manager told Ford to have me take my car somewhere else. They were not going to look at it anymore. I then took this to Sam Pack Ford Carrollton to have them look at the issue. Still today the rattle is not fixed and both mirrors need to be replaced once again. The car has 48K miles and not only is it having an issue with the front end somewhere but I just had to have the AC fix. They told me a rock hit it and put a small hole in the line. Still can't get Ford to buy this POS back from me..

My 2012 Ford Explorer started having bubbling around the edges of the hood in June of 2014. At the time I had 75,000 miles, therefore out of warranty. I asked my dealer to file a claim and Ford's response was they would pay half of the the $600 repair. In my opinion this is a manufacturers defect. With today's technologies and manufacturing capabilities we are getting paint bubbling in two years! I like my Explorer but I am not pleased with Ford not taking care of this issue.

Purchased a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac truck on 9/17/15. I was told it has a 90 day warranty and was also told I could take it to a car mechanic near my home since I was over an hour away from their dealership. My transmission failed on 11/10/15 less than two months from purchasing the car. I placed Public Motor phone calls, Facebook customer service messages several times a day for over a week. No calls were returned except text messages and answer messages giving me phone number after phone number to call or text. Finally, on 11/18/15 I received a call from Ricardo (Maintenance Manager) that told me that I would have to contact the warranty company to get reimbursed for the repairs that I had already had done. There is no phone number or address on the warranty paperwork that I have but Ricardo said no problem that he would email me the information right away.

I have still not received the warranty information. I also asked why I had not received my registration information and he informed me that they had just sent it to DMV that day, two months after the car was purchased. Just for your info, my bearings in my steering mechanism was also bad and had to be replaced, and I had to replace the car battery and the totally shredded windshield wipers. They make the cars look pretty but they do not do the mechanical checks that they say they did before selling the autos there. They also charge you an auction fee which they tell you you do not have to pay when you call on the phone. Not a good company to deal with. I promise you I will not let this go and will be in small claims court within a week because I am not putting up with their lies. They would not even get one star if I had my choice. I am going to see if the Orange County Register will write a story on this horrible dealership.

2015 Ford Explorer 6 months old bought new. Exhaust fumes enter the cabin upon acceleration causing occupants a headache and coughing. I must roll windows down to accelerate. My children ride in this car! Still waiting on a "fix" after multiple trips to dealer each time not receiving a loaner or rental as requested. I just get to be without a vehicle for however long they decide to keep it and "fix" it.

As a "Ford family"...thought this would be our best and last vehicle. Couldn't afford new but this was the next best thing, reasonable mileage and good looking. Bought (for an extra $1400) a bumper to bumper extended warranty on everything but cosmetic, the salesman said. So we're set...for 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Didn't have much use of it the first month. It was in their shop because of a roof leak somehow into the rear compartment, soaked carpet, and filled the spare tire hole under the black carpet, which we only found due to the tremendous mildew/musty smell.

Then there was a return trip for them to replace the driver's side entire door panel because the car was beautiful except the torn open arm rest/door pull on this panel, with foam rubber sticking out. The dealer wouldn't replace but agreed to, if we would buy the panel. Currently (and unfortunately too late), I have found complaint references online about both of these "defects" in the Explorer.

Saving the best for last, we waited for months for the dealer to get a Recall part in, for a known problem with the mechanical door handle, the part came in and we made the repair appointment because the rear camera and climate control, and menu screen, mounted in the dash, had just started a very loud clacking noise when car was turned on and also off. We got in both our vehicles to drive there, but when I started the Explorer, me...a person with COPD...had to literally jump out due to noxious fumes filling the car.

Which brings me to...they will not fix the exhaust problem unless we give them $700. So, you are wondering what about our bumper to bumper warranty? A brief phone explanation about that has something to do with cosmetic parts need to be removed to get to the problem area...and cosmetics are not covered! WTF??? This is doubletalk for 'screw the public'. The car is still at the dealer and we are going back to get more face to face info on that issue. Overnight, however, we have found multiple articles and complaints on the dangerous exhaust issue which seems to be in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Explorers that Ford is ignoring. BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING, RESEARCH COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!

I bought a 2014 Ford Explorer in early 2014. Since that time the front sensors had to be replaced, the shifter sensor broke and the entire shift unit needed to be replaced, the bearings in my front tire went (which according to other reviews is a common occurrence), and now my PTU is shot and will cost over $2,000 to replace. I only have 140k on the car! Ford is not taking any responsibility for the early mechanical breakdown. I don't expect this kind of failure on a high end Ford SUV. I have no choice but to repair it, but I don't believe it's right to place high cost replacement solely on the consumer. Basic wear and tear yes. PTU and shift units with less than 140k, no way.

My mother purchased a 2003 Explorer from the original owner in 2006. All regular maintenance has been done and all receipts kept on file. I then purchased it from her in 2010 and continued with the regular oil changes and other maintenance. Since purchase, the blend door actuator has been replaced four times. I have replaced all four hubs, the transmission slips, the rear hatch is cracked, the door latch sensor reads gate ajar almost constantly with no one able to fix the problem, the 4x4 goes between doesn't work or won't shut off, cruise control went out, and now, on top of all that, I have finally fallen into the worst of the 4.0 V6 SOHC motor problems. The crap nylon cassette on the left side timing chain snapped and shot up cracking my valve cover.

Cheapest possible fix will be me pulling the motor myself and replacing the timing chains, guides and tensioners costing roughly $400. Not to mention all the gaskets, oil, small parts and tools I will also have to purchase to go said repair. What I want to know is WHY has Ford not recalled every last one of these garbage motors? Thousands upon thousands of complaints about the timing issues and not one thing being done by Ford to correct their obvious design and engineering flaw. Speaking with a dealer about this problem lands you being told it will be close to $10,000 to fix and usually requires the motor being replaced!!!

I will not pay out $10,000 for a repair on a vehicle that doesn't even blue book at that price. Something needs done about this! I intend on contacting as many people as I can who are experiencing these problems and attempting to file a class-action lawsuit against Ford. This is entirely uncalled for. Ford has lost yet another dedicated family of customers. Never again will I buy anything made by Ford Motor Company and I will make sure to tell everyone I run into to never purchase Ford automobiles either.

I purchased my 2013 Explorer in March 2015. I drove it for a couple of and immediately began to feel shaking on the right front passenger side. I took it to two different Ford dealerships. The first thing that they asked me was, "did you buy it from this dealership?" I did not understand why they asked me this question. Basically they did not find anything wrong with the vehicle. I missed many days of work trying to resolve this problem. I'm an insurance agent and my vehicle is very much necessary. I took the vehicle back after they told me to purchase new tires because the warranty had, did not apply.

I have taken this vehicle everywhere to find out what's going on with the tire. Today October 15, 2015, after going to a second hand tire shop, I found someone that took their time to look at the truck closely. The gentlemen figured my drive axle was bent. I have spent money on numerous alignments, tire rotations and have had them balanced so much, it's not funny. Upon looking at the drive axle, it has completely rusted. Makes no sense. Now I have to have a new drive axle, rotors, brake pads, tires, and who knows what else because of the length of time this has gone on.

This company could care less, they have our money. And hey, as I have heard on several other posts, it's not their problem. The company makes sure that you know it. Service department charges to check it out and no solution. I have gas that leaks when I fill up my car, creaking windshield noise (sounds like an animal is scratching it) and the door attachments on the windows are popping off. This truck is junk! I pay 600 month in addition to car repairs on a 2013 car. My 2001 VW beetle never gave me problems, never. Some upgrade. I would not recommend this car to my enemy. Terrible company. I wonder if they have taken flooded cars that did not sell and do a few updates, then resale.

Ford Corporate and the dealership, I made the mistake of buying a new Ford Explorer. After 8 mos, the aluminum hood started oxidizing and was blistering and cracking the paint along the leading edge. Took it to the dealer to get fixed, 5500 miles on it. The dealership completely botched the paintwork "repairing" it. My wife and I lose it at the terrible paint work our new truck had. They left us in a rental and kept it to "repair the repair." Next day we were told it was done. It was worse, missing clearcoat, trash in the paint, tape lines along the leading edge. I explained the not only was this horrible work, but it would oxidize AGAIN. They kept it and "repaired the repair of the repair."

4 mos later, it is oxidizing again. Took it back and asked if they used the epoxy primer when they did the initial repair. "What?" was the answer I got. Had to have it fixed again and AGAIN. When it was all said and done, they had to "repair the repair of the repair of the initial repair of the repair of the repair." And they broke the clips for the seal under the hood and it was just hanging and looked like terrible. Was told "it was like that when it came in." Had to call Ford Corporate and GM of dealership. Got nothing from anyone.

Fast forward to last month, oxidizing again. And again, have to have multiple repairs of repairs done. Shop manager tells me there is nothing else he can do for me and tells me I have to take delivery of my vehicle with possibly the worst paint job yet. Call Ford, they will not do anything cause it is a dealer problem. Explained the oxidization, still told it is a problem with their repair. Get operations manager over to look at the problems with my truck, he says they are going to order a hood.

At this point we fill out the lemon law paperwork as this will be their last attempt to fix. Hood comes in, unpainted (so we have accomplished nothing). Then I am told I have to pay $100 deductible to Ford Corporate for the hood. I am not paying anything. Dealer says he will pay it if I take the negative comments off twitter and Facebook. I will not because I am still not satisfied and the repairs are merely a bandaid. New hood has arrived and we made an appointment to look at the work. It was dusty, dirty and not buffed, trash in paint. They knew we were coming in and left it like that, they KNEW. All I want is a repair that works and not be made to feel like I am the bad guy. I paid 35k for this truck and I am regretting it every day.

Ford Explorer 2002- I was driving west on the Dulles Toll Road to Charles Town West Virginia around 1 to 1.30 Pm. I had my two grand kids as passengers. The Ford Explorer caught on fire and burned down to the ground. We were lucky to exit the auto right before the explosion. Happy that behind me was a police office who was able to control traffic preventing further confusion. The police office called 911 and the fire department was able to control the fire and ultimately extinguish it. The Explorer is total lost. I am glad that we are OK. I will never buy another Ford again. Now I will have to deal with the insurance agents in order to replace my vehicle.

Bought a spanking new 2016 Explorer Sports on August 2015 for $51K. Purchased it on a Sunday, the car was not ready because dealership wanted to have a final checkup, clean, and fill up the tank - fine. Picked up on Monday afternoon, found a scratch 4" long on the rear bumper. Salesman said the mark came from the dealership; the car just arrive the day before the sale. Salesman said they will fix the scratch.. Picked up on Tuesday afternoon and drove it home. Saturday evening I was setting up the Sync setting to pair with my Samsung phone and noticed the right front light was dim, went to the front to check and it was dead. Called the dealership to schedule an appointment for the next day. Dealership said the repair would take 2-3 days because they had to remove the front bumper.

They called later in the day to notify of no lamps in stock and have to order, expect to arrive in 2-3 days. One week later parts arrived, installed, and discover CM (computer module) was not working. Had to order a new CM and waiting for delivery date. Late August (2 weeks later) still not ETA for the CM. Dealership provide a 800 number to contact Ford headquarter. Spoke with the west coast manager "Susan" and she confirm ship date of 9/5. On 9/6, Susan called and the new date is 10/13. Today is 9/26 and still not ETA confirmation. Have not driven the car for more than a day! This is extremely frustrating. Contacted Susan again and express my dissatisfaction and she said there is nothing can be done other than wait for the suppliers to deliver the parts. Definitely will not buy another Ford again, and will inform my peers of 60K employees not to even consider Ford! Amazing.

On our trip from NY to Indiana the passenger side window trim (plastic) blew off. We did not realize this had happened until our arrival and my son-in-law asked what had happened to our vehicle. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? The trim piece appears to have been attached with Velcro at the bottom and glued at the top with some small plastic tabs.

Ford Explorer Company Profile