2.97/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Ford Explorer

The Ford Explorer has been a popular SUV since it debuted in 1991. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

199 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I purchased a used Ford Explore and within the year the doors stopped locking and unlocking properly. My vehicle was not under warranty and I cannot afford to fix the issue with it being almost $2000. At first I just figured this was just some bad luck but after researching I discovered Ford has had door issues since the 80’s. The main reason I am writing this review is because I was recently at a stop light and a man came up to my vehicle and opened the back door to get in. I had my 5 year old in the backseat. Thankful I was a good distance from the car in front of me so I hit the gas knocking the man to the ground. I then was able to put the car in park and reach back a lock the door before he could get up. So Ford I want to know how this is not a safety concern? This man could have killed us.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I own a 2015 Ford Explorer and was told my back up camera needs to be replaced (Cost $100 just to run diagnostics). I have reached out to Ford online twice and sent a message through Facebook trying to understand how a 2015 vehicle would need a new back up camera (you only use this camera when backing up so it is not used very often). This is clearly a defect with the manufacturer. It will be $600 to replace and I was offered nothing but a runaround when trying to understand how this could have happened. This is my 4th Explorer since I turned 16 and after this whole experience this will be my last. My entire family are dedicated Ford owners but this has become a huge disappointment. I am not afraid of what else is going to go wrong when something as simple (and expensive) as a backup camera has already broken.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I am so thankful for the "extra" features on our 2016 Ford Explorer. I admit I had a jaundiced view of all the "extras" but not now. We were able to avoid a potentially fatal 2 car collision on Utah Highway 215 yesterday. A reckless driver illegally passed us and spun out of control in front of us; careening off of cement dividers and diversion cones. Thanks to God and the emergency braking system and the superior handling of this car... steering, brakes, stabilizing... all of it; we did not become part of a highway statistic. Good job on this car design!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport from Brewster Ford in Brewster, NY back in July, 2016. I paid $50k for the vehicle. A few months ago, it developed an oil leak. I brought it to Brewster Ford for repair. Over the last 2 months, I've brought it into Brewster Ford 4 times and they've attempted repairs 3 of those 4 times and with each repair, they've assured me that the leak was fixed. During the 4th visit, Brewster Ford had the vehicle for over 2 weeks and when I picked it up, they said it was "bone dry." They said they had coordinated their efforts with the Ford engineering team, they took the engine apart and promised that they had fixed the leak.

A few days after bringing it home, it started leaking again. I'm now being told by Brewster Ford that Corporate is having me bring it back a 5th time! Initially, the Regional Customer Service Management Team in Melbourne, FL had reached out to me to keep me apprised of the progress. Four team members contacted me at various times all claiming to be my "Regional Customer Service Manager." Heather **, Alicia **, Janeisha ** and Michele **. Now, after this 4th failed repair, they've all gone MIA. They do not answer their phone and they are not returning emails.

The car had 17,300 miles when it was first brought into the dealership and my understanding of the lemon law was that if the dealership and manufacturer were made aware of the problem before it hit 18,000 miles, that I'd be covered under New York Lemon Law. In addition, Brewster Ford and Corporate were notified of this problem within 24 months of my purchasing it. However, according to Heather **, she said their internal review board said that since not every repair was under the 18,000 mile mark, I had no case. However, the 4th repair was under 18,000 at 17,995, but the dealer entered the wrong mileage. I don't know if that was an oversight or intentional, but I sent Ford photos of the odometer that I had taken the morning I dropped it off showing 17,995 miles, but Ford Corporate has been unresponsive.

If you look at Ford's five-year stock history, they've steadily been declining in value and it's no wonder. Ford Corporate Customer Service is absolutely awful. Brewster Ford is not much better. I will never buy another Ford again and I encourage people reading this to please rethink your decision to buy a Ford. Ford does not stand by their vehicles. This has been a nightmare dealing with Corporate and the dealership. They really just don't care. As for me, I'm now waiting on Brewster Ford to let me know when they'll have a tech available to look at my vehicle for a 5th time. I'm now working on filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office to enter arbitration with Ford. What a hassle. FORD - never again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Purchased this SUV (2014 Ford Explorer Sport) used with only 33,000 miles. Last month with approximately 43,000 miles on the car now, the AC unit stopped blowing cold air. A local Ford dealer advised it just needed a charge and did so for $160. A month later the issue surfaced again. The same dealer then advised it required an AC auxiliary line replacement. Parts and labor were $1,882 for a total of over $2,000 spent on this one issue. We love the size and performance of the car, but this expense coupled with poor gas mileage, a small gas tank, poor manufacturer consumer help, etc., I would not recommend this vehicle to those currently in the market for a new/used car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Explorer?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I enjoy the 4 x 4 as it's winter and snowy, and I do not like getting stuck or being stranded in the snow. I can run errands and get back and forth easily regardless of weather, plus there is a back seat so I can take more passengers. Also, the previous owners installed a good stereo system with Bluetooth. I like the 4 wheel drive, and previous experience with this model, the last one was a few years older, and the stereo in the current one is better. I also like the safety features, as I have a grand baby that requires a car seat... But I wish it has better gas mileage and more cup holders, plus I need to get the fog lights to work as they didn't when I purchased the car. Also the back door lock needs a new pull, and there is a rip in the leather seat casing that needs to be sewn. Nevertheless, good experience with this vehicle overall.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love my Ford Explorer Sport Trac! I get the use of a truck and the comfort of a SUV in one vehicle. The heated seats are an added comfort especially with my back issue. It has a sunroof, so that is an added bonus especially in the summer. I am disabled so the comfort of the ride is extremely important to me. I like the gas mileage and how much I could fit into the bed. I would like to see a more stylish cockpit though. I would also like to see power seats throughout and not just on the driver's side. I noticed that car companies have started eliminating spare tires. I don't like that. I like having a spare on hand.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The Ford Explorer has been very dependable. It has four wheel drive which helps tremendously in the winter when there is lots of snow. It has a very roomy interior, along with a roomy back. It drives smooth and has minimal maintenance. However, the doors auto lock and there is a problem with the auto lock where they fail to unlock. It's very much a hassle when it's the driver side door. It takes what seems like forever to get the door open. I would like to be able to disable it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Need an SUV with the Michigan weathers so that me and my family don't get stuck in the ditch or in a snowbank and if someone is stuck we also have the option of pulling them out. 4 wheel drive is something that is necessary where we live if you don't then you're in for a long winter storm and while all our friends are stranded we can get out. Great vehicle in the snow and easy to get around unlike any of our other vehicles. If we have to take one of the kids to the doctors we know we can jump in the Ford Explorer and head to dr and not worry.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I've owned this 2000 Ford Explorer Sport for six years now and I just this year gave it a tune up. I've replaced the solenoid, the starter, an intake gasket, and had front end work done on it!! I've put about 100,000 miles on it. It runs great!! I bought this car thinking that it was a four wheel drive. I thought all Explorers were four wheel drive. Evidently it's a two wheel drive, but I'm still satisfied with the vehicle. I plan on keeping it maintained for as long as possible.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It is quite spacious and has a very powerful motor. It also has 4 wheel drive capabilities that I, personally use often. It is great for camping and hiking trips, and for every-day running around. It has a 3rd row of seats that fold down in the rear, as well as air conditioning and heater vents for the back seats that have their own temperature controls in the front. But Ford could make it easier to lay down the seats/put up third row. Also it could be a lot more efficient on fuel consumption. But overall, I have had a very good experience with my Ford Explorer.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My car model has actually been very reliable and useful. It gets me from point a to point b. It is also very roomy, so I'm able to get my kids in and out of the car with ease. The features that I like the most and influenced me the most to buy this model is all the space it has. Also, there is plenty of trunk space. However, one thing I wished my vehicle had is installed DVD players so the kids could relax while mommy drives.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Needed a cheap car to get back and forth to work and something that would get us through the snow and run good. And I bought a used 2000 year SUV Ford Explorer. It's white in color and has a radio, leather interior and all weather tires. It was well taken care of and has no rips, tears or scratches. It's too rough of a ride but it does what it's supposed to. It's a vehicle that runs and I'm thankful for it.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Explorer is very comfortable and spacious. I absolutely love it. It has exceeded my expectations. It came with more features than I expected. I was happy that I chose this as my first major Ford purchase. It has many more safety features of any other vehicles we opted out -- front camera with a 180* view, back camera with a ground view, hands free navigation system, hands free hatchback, an app where you can locate your vehicle at all times, start and lock your vehicle and even set an alarm for the vehicle to start. However, I would've liked for it to have came with the cruise and brake control. It comes in very handy on the interstate not having to manually push on the brake and gas.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The 03 Ford Explorer Limited is great. Highly recommend to anyone looking for something big and comfortable for a good price. It's a nice family sized vehicle and you can fold the back row seat down for extra trunk space as needed. It's really nice. I love the size of it and the third row seating. It rides comfortable and even though it's a 6 cylinder it's not that bad on gas usage. I upgraded from a small Mercury Sable that just didn't suit me anymore size wise and very happy I did. This truck is awesome. Don't have to rent cars anymore to go out of town on vacation, this has plenty of room. However, I hate that the sunroof gets a lot of trash and debris in it over time and will cause it to leak when it rains hard, you have to take it to the shop to have the tubes cleaned. I haven't experienced any other major problems with this vehicle and hopefully I won't.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Blue Ford Explorer 2013 bought brand new, automatic transmission, four door, seats 7, large back for storing items, groceries, etc. Easy to travel with families, friends, and pets. Easy to maintain and keep up with oil changes and other. I like the keyless entry, automatic back up camera, one touch touchscreen for radio, ac, back hatch opener, seats fold down making more room for storage, easy access to all compartments. It fits all my needs perfectly. There is plenty of room for the whole family including the pets. There is hands free GPS and mobile phone access and everything that would be needed for the everyday events in a family's life.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I am a Ford girl and I truly love my Ford Explorer very much. It has room to move so I do not feel cramped in and I feel safe driving. People in back seat say they need more leg room but I don't carry back seat passengers often so that's fine with me. I love the size of my Ford Explorer and it is the perfect fit for me. I collect antiques so my Ford can hold and transport items that I find. I also love the heated seats. That is nice on winters days. My experience has been great in my Ford.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had a really good experience the first 3 years. The Ford Explorer drove great. However, the past year I have been having problems with the transmission. I have done reviews and a lot of people have problems with the transmission in the Explorers. I am on my second transmission for it and am still having problems. Plus I have no more overdrive. I love that it has a third row seat though. This provides plenty of room for my family to be comfortable. It is also nice that the third row seat folds down so easily for when I go grocery shopping. Plus it has a smooth ride. We have taken it on family vacations and enjoy it.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Price and condition and mileage and bank loan were all considerations when buying this Ford Explorer. The truck had a great radio and lots of features I wanted in a SUV. But it was the worst purchase ever. It has been horrible and very expensive. Also, has so many mechanical issues. The timing belts are run with plastic spools. We have had to replace the timing chains and then the engine. All of the back panels in this model have cracks that run down the outside of back panel because of where Ford put the logo. I thought it would be a good family SUV but very uncomfortable. Not the case. I will never buy another Ford.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I like that the Ford Explorer had 4 wheel drive because I like to go on the mountains. It is also a comfortable and smooth ride. I also liked that my whole family could ride in it. However, it needs better gas mileage if it's going to be used as a family vehicle. Other than that I feel the Ford Explorer is a good choice of vehicle.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had an Explorer previous to purchasing this new one. I loved it and wanted an upgrade. I especially loved the look of the newer model. The added features and upgrades you could choose were nice also. I love having the sensors that go off when I am close to an object or car. The reverse camera I love since it's so scary these days with small children getting hit because they cannot be seen. The heated steering wheel is also super nice to have on the cold days that we get around here. I will not go without those from this point on.

The vehicle runs great, as it's only 2 years old. It is roomy, with 6 passenger seats and many added features. I love having Sirius radio and the car start is super efficient for those very cold winter days we get. Also heated seats help with the same cold days. However, I wish I had gotten the pilot seats in the 2nd row. As it's easier for kids to get in and out to the 3rd row. As of right now, I have to put the 2nd row seats down so they can climb in to the back. It would be much easier to just not have to worry about that extra step.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that the timing chain stretched out on back on March 28th. I went to the dealership I bought it and had it serviced at for the entire 2 years I have owned it to look into trading it in. They wouldn’t give me a trade in value until they did a diagnostic and told me to bring it in immediately. I paid to tow it there the next day and called in a few days later to follow up and they said they were very busy and hoped to look at it next week. Well after it sat there for a month without getting looked at I called Ford to see what they would do because of the poor service and because the timing chain is a very common problem they have and have issues TSB’s about it. I was told they would cover the repair and I made it very clear that I am out of warranty so I wanted to make sure they weren’t just checking to see if I was under warranty and was told no they do it for customer service reasons. I just needed to get a diagnostic done.

So I paid to tow it to another Ford dealer who determined it was a defect that shouldn’t of happened and then Ford denied my claim anyway because I was out of warranty. I actually had a check engine light come on over 9 months ago when I was under warranty and asked the dealership to look at it and I was told, “It’s just a crankshaft sensor, it means nothing so we cleared the error code for you,” and I had no reason not to believe them. I found out later that was very wrong and actually meant there was a timing issue in my motor that should of been addressed then but it wasn’t and then completely broke after I was out of warranty. I have spent 5 weeks now calling Ford constantly and getting told something different every single time I have called.

The service department then called to say that my timing chain had stretched out and come out of position and hit the pistons in my motor and now I need to replace the entire motor for over $6,000. I called 4 other Ford service departments and all said they don’t think that would be possible without the chain breaking apart while driving the vehicle (which mine did not) and that you can’t see the pistons at all while replacing the timing chain. They all said that the only way this could be possible is if they didn’t do the repair correctly and tried to turn the motor on with the vehicle out of time and it blew the motor but of course there is no way to prove this. I spent 2 weeks trying to get a call back from a supervisor at Ford and the first 4 tries no one ever called. I would call back in and be told that there aren’t any notes on my account requesting a supervisor call and I would have to start all over again.

When a supervisor finally called me back she didn’t attempt to help at all or look into any of the issues I brought forward and just said since my claim was already denied there was nothing she could do. It is clearly Ford's goal to give you the runaround for as long as possible until you just give up and go away. Even with the 9 weeks of horrible service from the dealership I bought it and Ford customer service, the fact it should of been fixed 9 months ago when they checked my check engine alarm or the fact I was lied to and told Ford would cover it even though I’m out of warranty they did absolutely nothing to help. There is no one you can talk to there that had the authority to actually fix the situation and they tell you the only thing you can do is write a letter to Phil ** which I did as well and got no response there.

Before I called Ford I was getting offered almost $10,000 to trade my vehicle in but now that it is known that I need a new motor no dealer will even give me an offer to trade it in so my car is worthless even though I still have 4 years of payments left and have only owned it for 2 years. I also have the paint bubbling up and peeling off all over my hood and tailgate and there are reviews about that everywhere online and is extremely common but Ford will not cover that at all. Even when people are still under warranty Ford rejects their claim saying they drove on the highway too much or they wash their vehicle too much and the only way to get them to cover anything is to take them to small claims court.

So now I have called over 10 times and each time begged them to review my claim again taking into account the fact that it should of been fixed 9 months ago, the horrible service runaround I have been put through and the lie I was told about covering my repair and each and every person refused to do that and says that it has already been reviewed once and Ford will not offer any financial assistance at all. So my only option now is to take Ford to small claims court after getting my kit from Zestar to get them to pay to repaint my car to at least get something out of Ford. I work in sales and meet with 3-5 people per day and make sure to tell as many as possible about the nightmare Ford has put me through and how little they value their customers and warn them all to stay away.

Because of my job I have to get a new vehicle every 3-4 years and so do the other 52 sales reps in my office and I have made sure all of them know how Ford treats customers and how well they honor their word and warned them to never ever buy a Ford again. I have written on Facebook, Twitter, filed a BBB complaint and review and left a review anywhere online I can to put this horrible story out there everywhere possible and try to save as many people from going through this same experience as I have been through. Ford has made it very clear they don’t care at all about any customer out there. There’s a group on Facebook for Ford paint issues with thousands of members sharing pictures of their very new vehicles with the paint bubbling everywhere and sharing their stories of what a nightmare Ford has been to deal with and how they reject every claim they get.

As usual though, Ford could care less about how many customers they screw over or how many customers they lose. So please heed this advice and never ever buy a Ford vehicle unless you plan on it only lasting a few years and getting absolutely zero help from Ford on Anthony whether you are under warranty or not because they will not help at all. Also, don’t believe them if they say they will cover a repair because they can easily change their mind a few days later and reject the claim or pretend like they have no documentation you ever called in or filed a claim (which has happened on 3 of my calls to Ford and I had to start the whole process over again).

I have bought 3 Ford vehicles in my 12 years of driving and always wanted to buy American made but Ford has proven that to be a horrible mistake on my part and if I want to keep a vehicle for more than 100,000 miles I have to buy a Toyota, Honda or Kia. Thank you for wasting 5 weeks of my life and thousands in wasted rental car payments and towing bills all for nothing. I should of just dumped my Ford Explorer when I had the chance 5 weeks ago when it was still a mystery what exactly was wrong with it and dealerships would at least give me an offer to trade it in. Now my car is worth nothing and it’s documented that the engine needs replaced and there is no way I can afford to pay over $6,000 to replace it.

Original review: April 29, 2018

It's very sturdy if you were to get in a car accident. Made really durable, too. I bought this Ford Explorer for that reason. I have three daughters and I have got in a couple accidents because I have seizures.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Purchased a Ford Explorer to pull a large boat. With the all wheel drive it pulls my 23 ft boat with twin 4 stroke Yamaha engines with ease. We have over 50k on the vehicle and never had a breakdown. Very happy with the Vehicle and would purchase another one.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I bought this Ford Explorer because I needed an all wheel drive, and the new Ford Bronco has not made its appearance. I found out this car is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Original review: April 8, 2018

First Ford I had purchased was a 97 Explorer. The vehicle ran forever even with a hum in the diff. I did nothing to it except change the tires and the oil. Great car. I think I had put 200k on it before dumping it for an 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer with just under 80k. The EB was a very comfortable car, however it would almost slam into reverse, definitely had some transmission issues. I had purchased an extended warranty through the dealer and figured they would fix it. After three times (bringing it in to different dealers) no one was ever able to fix the issue. Warranty expires, I'm stuck with it. The warranty was a huge waste of cash and as soon as you buy it all of these phone calls start pouring in from people trying to sell you extended warranties.

Just this year start getting a noise from under the hood, on the way to the mechanic the thing dies, have it towed in. Guy tells me it's the timing chain and it would be best to buy a new motor. The thing has 125k on it? A new motor? Dropping a used motor would cost over half of what the car is worth. Fifteen hundred to repair a timing chain on a poorly designed engine isn't even worth it. Say I do fix the engine, then the transmission goes (Ford apparently couldn't fix three different times). One outta two ain't so bad. I'm buying German. ** it. If I'm going to throw money in the garbage might as well have some fun while I do it.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I leased a 2016 Ford Explorer, I love the look and how the car drives. However a year into the lease it started to overheat, took it in and they ended up replacing the bents that open and close that help save gas. One thing that I definitely did not like is how Ford makes it difficult to approve you for rental car while your car is getting service. No more problems with overheating after that; however not even two months later the air conditioning failed during a heat wave, once again I took it with an appointment, once there, I was told they were very busy and that they won’t be able to see my car that day. I had to complain to the person in charge, finally after a long discussion, they finally agreed to approve me for a rental car, the air conditioner got fixed within a week.

A month later there was a 300 dollars rental charge to my credit card, I disputed the charges. No problems with the air conditioner now. Now the new problem is with the gears, the car seems to lose power when accelerating into traffic, it’s scary because the car doesn’t want to move, I can press on accelerator and the engine rubs and the car won’t move. I took it in and I was told it was the transmission, then they said all they had to do was reset the computer, not even a week later, I am experiencing the same problem, However now the wrench appeared on the dash for maintenance.

My lease is over next year on May 2018, I decide to pay the remainder of the year and return the car. I will be losing $6,000 dollars. The car will be 36000 miles soon, I figure it will be cheaper to return the car now, and do my research for a different company and car. The original plan was to buy after lease was over but no way I am keeping the car. Hope this helps consumers and also help Ford improve their cars.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I’ll start with a back story of why I got into a Ford Explorer to begin with and if I had a do-over I would NOT buy a Ford Explorer. For many years I wanted a SUV but was raising a family and couldn’t afford the extra expense. My kids are grown and flown and I’m divorced. So, I splurged on myself. I had my heart set on a Chevy Tahoe, but drove an Explorer and loved it. That’s not the problem. The complaint I have is the same complaint so many other Explorer owners have reported. Not knowing the correct term I’ll use what I’ve heard them called, the plastic pillars, windshield trim or to keep it clean, the unattractive piece that flies off while driving, making it a dangerous hazard to other drivers, and making a $40,000+ car look like crap. I just don’t understand why Ford Motor Company has allowed it to go on for so many years. Is it because consumers are still buying them? Is it because once they are bought then it’s out of Ford’s hands?

The other Ford SUVs don’t seem to have this problem. In fact, I noticed that the Ford Explorer seems to be the only one with the cheap plastic trim while the others look like one piece... The same material as the roof, hood, doors and fender... METAL!! Yes, the black trim dresses it up a bit, but when they fly off it looks like nothing more than a car that was not taken care of by the owner but is actually the manufactures fault and carelessness. I love my Explorer!!! So much that I had already decided that when the time came I would trade this one in and get another. But, that has changed. I paid $500+ to have the pillars replaced because I couldn’t get answers from Ford as to why this is happening and if they were going to honor it and fix it.

The replacements (brand new) already did the same thing. Can’t you see this is a problem? And, it has gone on for so many years untouched. And, there are so many complaints about this. Why isn’t it corrected by now? How can you let the Ford name tarnish by one piece that can be changed? What’s worse than bad business? Word of mouth, bad mouthing Ford for their choice to neglect and ignore this issue that they are fully aware of. My next purchase won’t be an Explorer, which saddens me because I really love everything about it, other than the obvious. Actually, my next purchase will NOT be a Ford at all. My one purchase won’t make or break your company. But, after a while you have to see the damage it’s doing to the name that has been around for so many generations.

The vehicle is already being built... Just do it right and get it over with already. You’ll have so many happy people and the word will get out that Ford does take care of their people. I can’t wait to get out of my Explorer. I am embarrassed driving it while it looks like a piece of trash. I’m embarrassed to say that’s my car. I’m embarrassed to have anyone drive with me because it’s well, embarrassing. Get it together Ford people... I’m not a proud owner of a FORD or a FORD EXPLORER for that matter.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Two weeks ago I purchased a 2018 Ford Explorer Limited having traded in a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited. On the 2013 Explorer the window and windshield plastic trim pieces all buckled but some were replaced under warranty and I personally paid for the last "buckled" piece of trim. I thought surely Ford would have improved this defect and maybe my car was the exception with faulty trim. I have 1300 miles on my new $50,000+ vehicle and already the trim is buckling on the driver's side of the windshield. So here I go again, back and forth to the dealership, to be held hostage by some cheap looking pieces of trim. Is there any chance that there is a class action suit against Ford because of this defect? I am going to complain to Ford again but I see my life for the next 34,000 miles left in the warranty, as one of returning to the dealership every month! What recourse do I have? Wish I had never bought this model.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Have a 2012 Ford Explorer. At 70,000 miles the transmission completely blew out in the middle of a busy street. It would not even move. I have never had to replace a transmission at 70,000 miles but then again I have never owned a Ford. The cost of the transmission alone that didn't even last until 100k was $3000. Total with labor was $4200. Had it back for about a week and noticed severe vibrations. Took it back in and turns out the motor mounts had somehow broke off. Another $550 to fix this. Not to mention the backup camera stopped working at about 40k miles. Interior started coming apart around that same time. Recommend not buying a Ford especially Ford Explorer.

Not sure about Ford Explorer?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Ford Explorer Company Information

www.ford.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business