1.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 16, 2018

430 Chevy Impala Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 16, 2018

First mistake. Purchased 2015 Impala from Hertz Car Sales in Salem, Oregon. But that's another story! My beef here is with the car. Morning after I brought the thing home the battery was dead. In less than a week I was told by Les Shawb my flat tire was caused by a improperly placed tire plug. Within that first month my check engine light came on and engine temp rose a bit higher than all the days prior. Hertz erased the code saying "it was a loose gas cap". The thing is, as soon as the light came on I pulled over, the gas cap was the very first thing I checked. It was tight. Now I'm hearing a wheel bearing dull grind type sound. I have since learned this is a widespread issue that Chevrolet has chosen to ignore. My check engine light is on again. Hertz told me to drive it in. I purchased a $3,000 extended warranty and was told that if I had to bring the car in, a loaner would be provided.

Although Hertz Car Sales of Salem offers 6 loaners it seems there is always at least 1 out of service the rest are loaned out. This says to me that Hertz is selling a lot of lemons. Tomorrow is Monday. I will call the service dept. to see if they can remedy the wheel bearing problem, find the real cause my check engine light keeps coming on, why my remote won't open my trunk, and why my remote starter doesn't work. Plus after fueling up, the car hesitates during start up. Don't buy an Impala LTZ and my advice would be don't go to Hertz to buy a used car.

Original review: March 28, 2018

2011 Chevy Impala LS 3.5L. You don’t need a repair service to Look at the problem. Known issue with Chevy Impala 2008-2018 and still going. Per Chevy Tech / compliant Department which I talked to a gentleman who treated me like some D-women. They will never do anything about this issue. EVER. Codes P0042 / P0455 EVAP LEAKS. It’s a $95 part from RockAuto.com. I have been buying cars parts there for years. The garage will charge you over $200 for this part. Lmao. And another $200-300 to replace it. MY ESTIMATE $490.00 HAHAHA.

Buy the part, and Everyone has a mechanical friend or family member in their Circle- it’s an easy peasy part to replace, for a minimal skilled mechanic. YouTube.com- if you have mechanical skills- do it yourself. Here is the issue- It will never cause any harm to let it go to your vehicle, it not needed for Inspection and after you replace it, it will almost definitely go bad again within a years’ time. Again- 03/27/18 I spoke to Chevy and they absolutely know this is a warranty issue- will never recall it- Not a safety issue / that’s why. All they did is repeat themselves, it’s not an issue. ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, STABILITRAK LIGHTS: all fixable on your own. Rockauto.com all parts for above issues $238. (Includes the EVAP canister) Car lot wanted $2106.60 for all the above.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2018

At 62,000 miles, driving the 2014 Impala down the street I came to a stop and proceded to make a left. The bells and whistles started going off. Engine light came on, Stabilitrak system message displayed, the ABS light came on, "loss of engine power" message popped up and engine lost power. I couldnt drive over 25 mph at that point. So I took the scenic route. I stopped by Advanced Auto to check the engine light, but, their code reader didn't work. I went home cut the car off and 2 hours later the engine light was out. I'm glad I wasn't on the highway, like some others were. God Bless.

My left front tire makes a horrible noise when turning left. I've gotten new tires which make it worst. Too bad I have to turn left every day to get in the driveway. It's a good way to alert the neighborhood that I have arrived. Also, my transmission stalls from 1st into 2nd gear. I have to give it extra gas to get it to shift. When it downshifts from 2nd to 1st, the car jerks and make a loud thump. And, the sunshade attached to the sunroof has fallen apart. The fabric got caught in the mechanic of the sunroof somehow. It seemed like it was a matter of time since the fabric was already flimsy against the wind. My 2002 Impala has a nice sturdy board, although it's manual. It's too hot not to have a sunshade. Oh yeah, the automatic door latch stopped work on the driver's door. So now I can't unlock the door with the key fob. I have a manual driver's door.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchase my 2014 Chevrolet Impala in May 2013. My issue is that there was a recall for the tail lamp seal on this car which allowed water to enter the trunk. I took it to the dealership for repairs in November 2014. I am having the same issue again. Either the fix was not correct or this will be an ongoing issue of poor seal being installed. It is a defect that I believe I should not have to pay for. The leak is so bad that water is inside the car. The floor in the back are constantly soaked with water. Both the dealership and Chevrolet only refer to the warranty being expired and that this is my problem to fix. I need them to tell me that this can be fixed permanently or at least say that I will have to keep replacing the seal every few years at a cost of $400.00 (dealership price). Either way I am parting ways with this car and all GM vehicles.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I bought my 2009 Chevy Impala LT 3.9 used with 80050. It had few problem from past owner. Never taking care the car such as oil change, tires and brakes. I fixed everything. It has 115506 and I love car. Very dependable and as long you take care and do maintenance it's overall very dependable vehicle. I believe never buy new. Always buy used. All vehicles have their fair share of problem. I've been mechanic for 20 years now and have learned as long as you do your research before you buy any vehicle that way you know what to look out for and you can try to get whatever problems fix with said vehicle before you purchase or at least get the price adjusted. I would definitely recommend the 2006 thru 2014 Chevy Impala to anyone looking for good reliable car. It's not loaded with technology. The 2015 and up are loaded with all new tech but 2006 thru 2014 are a good just good every day decent looking full size vehicle.

Now all that being said the only problem I feel Chevy or GM should made recall and pay for is repair for 4t65e transmission. The 2006 thru 2014 are known have bad shift valve that cost over 400 always to 2200 plus to have fixed. Most time they need all 5 shift valve and valve body and part wire harness replaced. It's known to affect over 30% of 2006 thru 2014 GM line that have very same 4t65e transmission that as in Impala and other GM cars such as G6 and more.

GM need to be held accountable and pay for said repairs to vehicle under regardless of warranty. It more common to affect transmission happen with mileage over 60000 miles on average but not limited because usually affects cars with a 100000 right outside the warranty. But since it is such a very common problem and affects so many vehicles that have that exact transmission there is no reason why GM should not be held accountable for these repairs or replacement of the said transmission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

2017 Chevy Impala Premier - I had the StabiliTrak failure warning come on and then my motor went to reduce power. I could hardly drive the vehicle. I shut it down the but the lights stayed on. I got the vehicle home and the next day the lights went out. I called the dealer, but they said they could do anything with the lights were no longer on. It happened a second time, but it was 6:00 pm on a Saturday and so I called the Dealer and tried to schedule a service visit, but went out and they said they could see any error codes.

It third time it happened I drove right to the dealer. They took note of the codes and scheduled a service visit. They replaced the high pressure fuel pump. Then informed me that GM recommended that I stop using E-85 fuel. This was not good news. I talked with the service rep and he suggested to continue to use the E-85 fuel and this may happened again, but GM has to recognize the problem and should do something about it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I purchased a new 2017 Chevy Impala Premier in July of 2017. My engine light came on and reduced speed. I took it in. Got it fixed. The second time it happened I was on the highway. Car lose power and a 18 wheeler almost ran into the back of me. This shouldn't happen with a brand new car.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

So obviously this engine power reduced problem is a BIG ISSUE. I have had this problem with my car for a month now. It's been in and out of the mechanic's... Paid 800$ to get it fixed, 2 days later, same thing happens. My car displays "engine power reduced" slows down to about 10mph and then stalls out completely out of nowhere. This actually happened to me on the highway during rush hour with my children in the day. Then if that wasn't the icing on the cake, it took AAA 5 hours to get to me.

I'm very disgusted that GM has not issued a recall on this. After researching online, I have found that thousands of people have this same issue, dating back from years ago. THIS IS DANGEROUS. THE CAR SHUTS DOWN AFTER DISPLAYING THIS MESSAGE NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE OR WHAT SPEED YOU ARE GOING. When is GM going to recall this? I guess we are going to have to wait until somebody gets killed or seriously injured until that happens? (Just like the key rotation issue, didn't recall it until people died and they got sued, typical!) I'm at my wit's end, I have dumped so much money into a problem nobody can figure out how to fix!

Original review: July 9, 2017

We purchased a used 2008 LTZ with 66k miles. It jerks any time you go to take off from a stop or low rpm. Sometimes so hard that is screeches the tires. We had the transmission serviced Thursday and now it is even worse than before. I have done extensive research on this issue and I am not the only person with this issue. In fact there are hundreds and hundreds of people wondering why this has not been recalled on these cars. This has been a problem for many years of Impala and for many people. Take a look at all the power train complaints for just the 2008 on NHTSA. Why is there no fix issued for this repeated problem. It is a safety issue.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Impala LT (3.6 ltr) in 2014 with 32K miles on it. In the last year I have experienced having 1/4 tank or more of gas showing on the gas needle and 87-115 miles until empty per the "calculations" option. My car has died on an interstate highway at these levels, all three times rendering me stranded in construction when there was no safe place to really be stranded. Dealership only advised a new fuel sensor would be $485. I now ensure I keep tank above 1/4 needle mark at all times. No recall but lots of reviews of similar experiences. These are dangerous events, Chevrolet - I assume you'd rather pay a wrongful death claim than fix the known issue?

Additionally, I too have experienced the loud clunking/creaking sounds coming from my front end. The dealership quoted me $2500 worth of repairs to fix: Drill and tap front braces, replace front struts/springs w/ new kits, right front hub, bushings, bearings, etc., I-shaft (steering). I had them do the I-shaft ($256). No change in sounds. Over the weekend I installed new struts/spring kits (same as what dealership was offering but instead of them charging $880, I paid $280 total). I replaced the right front hub and right front lower control arm assembly. NO CHANGE. Clunking and creaking sound still exists.

I have had more than one mechanic tell me it's not a safety issue, although no diagnosis has been given and to just turn my music up and ignore it. With the consistent complaints on this Impala, and about 5 years' worth of this model, why is Chevrolet still sitting on correcting the problem? I can avow this much. I will never purchase another Chevrolet product again. New or used.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I leased a brand new 2015 Impala at the end of May 2015. It is the LT2 model. In October of 2015 I was traveling on the freeway with my two children in the car (toddler in the backseat) to take my son to school. The car had a sudden reduction of power, quickly dropping from 70 mph to around 30 mph. The engine light came on and I nervously tried to move out of traffic to avoid being hit by other cars (frightening!!) I was able to get my son to school finally, even though the car refused to accelerate beyond 30-40 mph. After taking the car to the dealership, I was told my fuel pump would need to be replaced. I found this odd since it was a brand new car, but figured it was a fluke.

In October of 2016 I was on the freeway, traveling to pick up my toddler from my parents. Again the vehicle quickly dropped from 60 mph or so, down to 30 mph and I was almost hit from behind by a semi truck who was traveling full speed. I put on my hazards, pulled my heart out of my stomach and managed to exit the interstate after driving a mile or so in the emergency lane to the next exit. This time, I told the dealership they would need to pick up the car and tow it back.

After they checked out the car, I was informed that it was once again the fuel pump. Two fuel pumps and two near death experiences under 20k miles. This time I was angry. My husband and I told the dealership they needed to do something... I could not continue to drive this car in fear, with my children inside. After all, the whole reason we decided to lease a brand new vehicle was to have a safe and reliable car. We were informed by the dealership that the sudden reduction of power (resulting in TWO near accidents on the interstate) was a "safety feature" in the particular trim package of our vehicle. It was designed to protect the engine in the event of a problem with the car. Safety feature?! It seems that Chevy is more concerned with protecting their vehicles than the occupants inside!

Furthermore, why should I have even learned about this supposed safety feature twice already on a new vehicle?? After writing a terrible review on the Chevy customer satisfaction survey, we were contacted by Chevrolet. We explained our complete dissatisfaction with this vehicle and that since I no longer felt safe transporting my family in the obviously unreliable vehicle, we wanted out. We gave them the option to put me into a different vehicle to ride out my lease, to which they said my lease would start over for another 39 months. Ridiculous. We just want rid of this vehicle asap. Their solution? A free year of XM radio. This is what my life (and those of my family members) is worth? A year of radio?? Doesn't really seem like a reasonable trade off.

Well guess what? Over this past weekend, the engine light came on again! My husband used a small diagnostic machine to find out that it is the fuel pump for the THIRD time!! The car has just under 29k miles on it. We haven't even had it a full two years yet! Even more interesting, it was barely 3k miles between the second and third time this happened. So two things GM/Chevy... 1) Stop putting junk disposable parts in your vehicles and 2) fix your "safety feature" before someone gets killed!! It should not take someone being seriously injured or killed before you take notice and recall these vehicles! I will NEVER again buy any GM/Chevy product!

Original review: March 5, 2017

After purchasing my third Chevrolet, a 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ at 36,000, I'm informed my rear wheel bearing are in need of complete replacement. How does this occur. My 06 Trailblazer and my prior Impala LTZ had higher miles and yet no issues. I had an issue with my Trailblazer. The blower motor resistor and its components kept melting and burning out three years straight. The last time I replaced these parts I realize Chevy had made a different part in 07 sold only at the dealership. No recall for my 06 and a more durable component. This is not normal wear and tear on this luxury model. As an example...it's as inferior as placing resistor plugs in a car that best performance are with platinum plugs and will cause it to misfire. This is a bad experience for me. And as much as I love an American made product, I don't know if I'm as confident as I was before about Chevrolet.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Let me start by saying I have bought many new GM cars off the showroom. 3 C5 Corvettes, 2 C4, 2 C3, a 2000 Monte SS, a 1997 30th Anniversary Camaro Z28, a 2000 Tahoe and have been pleased to a large part. Now on to my biggest car buying nightmare of my life. I bought a new 2007 Impala SS and it to be the last or 2nd to last car I will buy at least I hoped so. Let's see...transmission gone at 95,000 miles, both front wheel bearings, 1 twice, 6 Batteries, a total of 8 dash actuators at 3 different intervals, eats tires for it main meals plus a gas tank actuator just for starters.

Now I take care of all of my maintenance as required. So needless to say nothing close to this with any of my other GM cars. Now I have spent enough in service to pay for my car twice not counting 5 sets of tires (just buy used now), 6 Batteries, engine mounts, repair of the driver's seats, hog rings, electric seat motors replacement. Needless to say no more GM cars for me and my family. My car has had to be towed 4 times for service. Run from the new GM. They have no regard for their customers at all.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Had purchased this car from dealer for 13,000 last year. 2 months after buying you couldn't shift it outta park. Brought it to GM and they fixed it for 850.00. Now it just did it again. That's 2 times within a year of owning this lemon. GM should be responsible for their bad designs of wiring in these cars. If you are experiencing the same thing start complaining and hopefully someone will make them pay for their poor designs and hard working people can keep their hard earned money instead of paying for their mistakes all the time. If you know anyone looking at a Chevy Impala tell them to stay away from all. We have owned many and every year of make and model. Have nothing but electrical problems that costs hundreds into the thousands.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

2014 Impala LT developed a whining noise in the rear. I took it in for service both rear wheel bearing bad at 40,000 miles. GM agreed to pay for the repairs but, this part should not be failing at this mileage.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have a 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ. My car goes completely dead even though it states that I still have 60 miles left to go, and will not crank back up. I can put gasoline in it and it will crank back up but will go dead again around 60 miles left to go before empty. The dealership has replaced the fuel level sending sensor thing, to no avail. There is no code showing. The technicians are baffled. Anyone out there that have had the same problem with their car?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Bought new Impala LTZ in June 2013. At 60,000 in February 2016, heard loud roaring noise from rear. Take the car in to the dealer and was told that the rear wheel bearings needed replacing. I asked what could cause that at 60,000 miles and was told I must have been running over a lot of pot holes. Excuse me! Nonetheless, I was highly upset at the remark at this point more than anything. I told the serviceman that I would let them know about fixing my car. I was so angry that I went to the Ford dealer next door and purchased a 2015 Ford Taurus. I drove the 2015 Taurus back to the Chevy Dealer and made the salesman who sold me the car and the finance guy that this should have never happened, they are sealed bearings. I turned in my warranty and gap for a refund and I do not want another Chevy after this experience.

I don't know why these service guys think people don't know anything about cars. I also contacted GM, who contacted the dealership management, who tried to contact me, but a fix was not going to satisfy me and I was disappointed with this car that I liked so well. I got and was consistently getting good reviews on how the car looked. I also experienced steam from the radiator every time it rained or when I went to the car wash. I was told that it was a design issue. Experienced a loud noise when both back windows were down while on the road. It was deafening. I am 6'2, 325 lbs and yes, I had difficulty getting in/out. The 2014 was the best styling Impala LTZ in my book, but too many issues took away the enjoyment. I had 2 Ford Taurus's (13 and 15) and just traded the 13 in for a 16 Ford Fusion. Ford's have a better powertrain anyway. So long Chevy, it was a slice.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I have 2013 Chevy Impala and for those who are having issue with the ABS light and the traction control. Or when you're turning left or right you hear a strange noise. It actually could be the harness. That's what the dealership told me. One year my right harness was bad and I had it change. Then the lights came on again and the left harness was bad as well a year later. It wasn't cheap but I had it fixed and I haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

I bought the 2012 Chevy Impala LT at 54,000 miles. At 57,000 I had to have both front wheel barrings and the CV joint replaced. The engine does run fine with the exception that it has a sound that does not appear to be normal, like a lifter is not even. I had the oil changed, tire rotation. I see that most service stations put 32 psi max in the tires. The door indicated 30 psi and that when I changed it made a relative smooth ride. There does appear to have a slight rattle sound in the back end. I thought it might be the exhaust hangers, but a mechanic drove it and he says it's the cups on the top of the rear shocks. I will probably have to replace them both soon.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Is there a Recall. I just bought this 2013 Chevy Impala at 78,000mi. At 83,000, the ABS and traction lights is blinking and when I turn left I hear noise from wheel. What do I do? Who knows how to fix this?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

First of all do a lot of web research. I bought a 2009 Impala last year for my daughter. I told the dealer it was for a female student and needed to be reliable. They sold us a car with 135,000 on it and said those engines will just keep on going. Yeah, we have "just kept going" back and forth to the dealers shop ever since.

These cars, especially 2009ish, have major front end problems, MAJOR BRAKE ROTOR problems, and major TRANSMISSION solenoid problems causing the transmission to slam into gear. In one site alone I found almost 600 complaints about the transmission. For the front brakes always causing horrible pulsations, I discovered that Chevy factory rotors are worthless and should NOT be recut or replaced at the dealer. I had to buy aftermarket semi-race rotors and pads, and my brake problems went away. Now I'm at battle over the transmission that acts like it's a clutch car and slams into gear. This is a KNOWN DEFECT that GM won't address! The rotors are a known problem. There are other very dangerous problems KNOWN to GM such as the engine losing power while being driven which has almost caused deaths.

I don't see much help for anyone except to start class action suits. File complaints with the transportation safety board!! The more the complaints, the more likely to get something done. I can verify my ownership with documentation but do not have it at hand at the time of this writing -- will add it when I can. I bought the car at Hubbard Chevrolet in Canby, Oregon.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Was driving down the freeway in my Impala SS and all of a sudden there was a loud clicking from my dash. So loud that it scared me and I swerved almost hitting another car. Got home and researched that many people have had this same problem with the Actuator. I called GM corporate and they have no one I can speak to in regards to safety. I told them my problem amongst others having the same issue (also causing accidents because of the sudden loud noise) and they said they couldn't help me out and to take it to a dealer to have them check it out.

We all know that's how dealerships make their money....on the mechanical back end. I know what the problem is and I just wanted to address my safety concerns. How come this hasn't been recalled.....this is a huge safety issue; not only for those who own an Impala, but for others that could be part of the accident caused by this malfunction while on the road. Why didn't they have a safety team they could transfer me to? Instead they felt annoyed and hung up on me. Thanks GM!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

We bought our 2009 Chevrolet Impala ls 3.5 Ltr. V6 cyl. New at CrossRoads Chevrolet in Vinita Ok. We had a passenger side window which would scrape when rolling down or up. They told us it was we weren't keeping the inside of door cleaned. It was cleaned repeatedly and we were scolded several times. We took it to a different dealership and were told there was a memo from G.M. The windows were faulty and to repair it at no charge but only when a customer complained. We had trouble with air bag on passenger side seat. We were told over and over it was because it was dirty. The transmission first started slipping under 12,000 miles, but it never did it when they would test drive it and they said there was nothing they could do. We had trouble with steering. We first noticed it would pull to right. Took it to service they told us it was suppose to do that to keep from hitting on going traffic.

Later there was a noise in steering Column. They replaced a part in column. After driving awhile it started again. I took it back to service they replaced part of my column. That didn't work so they replaced my column and had it aligned. We were still having trouble with front end and steering. We complained again they wouldn't help us. We got a call from Chevrolet corp. office and they said they would not go any further with that steering column they done all they're going to do and that car had warranty.

After going thru several sets of tires and alignments we took it to another certified dealer and he told us that we had a bad rack & pinion and that was why we had so many problems. I feel Chevrolet owes us for all the tires and out of pocket money we spent be for getting this fixed. We still own this car, now it has other issues going on. My rpm will drop suddenly and it will die while driving it. And sometimes after starting it it sounds like it is still turning over to start over and over. We have change the cranking sensor, maf sensor. I don't feel like it is safe to drive not skipping when this will happen. What is going on?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

We purchased a new 2015 Impala. The sound system is impossible. It is supposed to be a touch screen, but the touch screen doesn't work. Dealer called the company and told GM what the trouble was, was told to be sure to move the screen in a black area, dealer sat in the car and showed me how it worked, but guess what? It didn't work. Also the interface and organization is impossible. I've poured through the manual but still it's confusing. When trying to add new stations, an array with 9 stations to add can be moved up, but the array blocks the call letters of the station currently playing. Honestly, it's like whoever designed it was not sober. Awful, awful design.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

When turning to the left, my car has this horrible scrubbing sound and has hesitated when I am changing lanes from the right to the left lane. This hesitation can be problematic if it causes me to be hit in the side because my car won't go. The traction control light will sometimes light up but doesn't stay on. I have looked for recalls in this matter but have found none. However, I have found several identical complaints.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I received a letter several months ago from GM saying there was a chance my 2011 Chevy Impala had a faulty sensor that could cause my car to lose engine power and traction. They were not going to replace the sensor unless I had a problem. Driving to work at 4 a.m. alarms and warnings started going off telling me I was losing engine power and traction. When I called a Chevy dealer, they told me there were a hundred reasons why that could happen and they will only pay for repairs if the computer in my car recorded the error code for that sensor. The charge for inspecting my car was $100 and I would have to pay that if the right error code wasn't recorded on my computer. Luckily the right error code showed up. This was very scary! Why was no recall issued? Losing power on a freeway could be deadly! Is GM rolling the dice hoping there are no fatalities?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2016

Problems with 2009 Chevy Impala SS. I bought this car used, with 53,000 miles on it in September 2012. I've had to replace the AC Blend Door Actuators on both sides twice (myself) and now the center one needs replaced - can't get to that one since the dash has to come out to get to it and just can't afford the cost of labor to replace a $45 part. The passenger heated seat quit working after owning it about a year, the lights in the vanity mirror on the driver's side quit working about the same time. (Not a fuse problem, nor bulb problem, apparently an electrical issue). Passenger side airbag sensor is out - not sure what caused that but causes the warning light to stay on - has been for about 3 years. Transmission started slipping around 90,000 miles - have it serviced and maintained as it calls for. Now today on my way to work the "StabiliTrak" warning came on.

The car started shaking almost violently then the warning light came on, along with "reduced power" alert. I pulled to the side of the road and shut the car off. Walked around it, kicked the tires (mostly out of anger and frustration), got back in and the problem was gone. And the only recall on this car is for the ignition/key? If so many complaints about the actuators and the warning lights (which on a freeway is VERY much a hazard to immediately lose power) why are there no recalls on these problems?? I love my car, but it is becoming a drain. It now has 103,000 miles on it, still looks pristine, however I'm losing faith in Chevrolet. Now I know why my Dad was always a Ford man. I've never been a dedicated "fan" to any make - just as long as I can get from point A to point B safely, I don't care what it is, but with the price of this car and all the hype about the "number 1 rated make" has me questioning the validity of their claim.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I knew since before the 06 redesign that I wanted an Impala and I was able to get a 2011 in 2012. I kept up with the scheduled maintenance and had the goal to make it to over 200,000 miles. The transmission was flushed on time by 100,000 miles and it still failed by 136,000 miles. Now that I have the transmission replaced I have been treated to the lights on the instrument cluster being illuminated airbag light, traction control and abs. To make matters worse with the lights on showing these troubles the depreciation is down to $1500 on a car that I still owe $7000 on. It's sad to consider that this car has not reached 150,000 miles and yet I have other branded vehicles that have done it with no trouble.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

2008 Impala hasn't hit 50000 miles yet. General maintenance and upkeep done regularly. Changed 3 of the 5 blend door actuators. Now one is clicking again. Not sure if it's one that's already been replaced or a different one. Also rear locks no longer work at all. They must be done manually. This is the big one: since last year it started, engine power reduced. I was told it was gas cap, so replaced cap. 6 months later engine power reduced appears again!!! Does Chevy not realize how dangerous this can be? Already contacted them. Apparently they don't want to help me. Due to age of car. I say bs!! I can understand if it had umpteen million miles on it, but it doesn't. Should have a recall. From all I read it seems like a common issue and it's dangerous!!! I can't add receipt due to car given to me by my mom who no longer felt comfortable driving.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I bought a 2011 Impala less than 2 months ago. When I got it home I noticed a clunk in the front end. I had it in the shop 4 times. They replaced the wheel bearing and the front struts and the noise was still there. Each mechanic advised me that the noise was not a serious issue and we would have to wait until it got worse to find out what it was. Well a week ago I put my car in reverse and went to go forward and my transmission locked up. Come to find out all the late model Impala's transmissions are going bad right around 100,000 miles. GM refuses to offer anyone any relief or to issue a recall.

I have owned at least 10 GM vehicles and most of them went over 200,000 miles and still ran when I sold them. 4 GM to know they have this problem and keep those cars on the road without doing something is nothing less than criminal. They need to do something soon if they want any of us to keep buying GM vehicles. But in the meantime don't let any of your friends buy a late model Impala without proof the transmission was recently replaced or rebuilt.

Chevy Impala Company Information