3.73/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Impala

The Chevrolet Impala is a full-size car that was manufactured from 1958-1985, 1994-1996 and from 2000 until present. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Impala Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

This was my first new car I ever bought. I purchased the 2015 Chevy Impala 1LT. I had owned it for four years until I totaled it. At the time of the accident I had about 52k miles on it, so I used it quite a bit. My only issue with the car was that the check engine light would come on sporadically (once in a blue). Each time that I brought the car to the dealership, I was told that it was some faulty sensor that was causing the check engine light to come on. The dealership never replaced it. Other than the check engine light, the car ran well. No real gripes. This is one of my favorite purchases. Would definitely recommend this car.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I hate this car. 2018 Chevy Impala Premier. I can't get up the v6 runs like a V2. This is very dangerous because I've only had the car for a month and I can barely get up on the freeway. I can never pull off from a stop sign or a green light without people going around me. My transmission seems like it is super slow but yet all the times I went to have it looked at everybody says it turns out fine. This is **. I saved and got my credit together over a four-year period for this. Why is it that Chevy is ignoring all of this???? DO YOU HATE YOUR CUSTOMERS OR WHAT??!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased a 2016 Impala LTZ back in 2017 with 20,000 miles. Since then I have added a lot of miles and I'm not at 75,400 miles. The only thing I have done is changed the tires (Mostly due to road hazards), a new battery, and an alignment. This has been the best car I have own in my 40 years of life. I'm 6'6 and I'm able to be very comfortable even with three adults in the back. It's a nice, smooth, and quite ride. The built-in Wifi is a life saver. I love android auto with Google and Waze, it a huge help on long trips. For a 305HP v6 I get 28 to 30 MPG highway when cruising at 80 MPH. It's loaded with safety features, great touch screen. It has a CD player but I have never used it. I keep an iPod classic connected beside the hidden dash and I can easily navigate it from the touchscreen or the display center between the rpm and speed gauge.

I get compliments all the time about my car. The remote start through the Chevy app is a godsend when I'm at an amusement park, I can start it long before reaching the car. The car is equipped with OnStar which gives you several options. You can get notification is the alarm goes off, if the vehicle leave or arrives in a designated area, vehicle diagnostics like if you need to change you're oil, low on tire pressure, or a check engine light, you even get.monthly diagnostic sent to your email every month. The collision alert has helped a few times when the car in front of me had no brake lights it warned me of them slowing down long before I got in a danger range.

It's a shame GM is discontinuing their best vehicle. KB blue name it best five year cost to own full size vehicle 7 years in a row and best full size vehicle like 4 or 5 years in a row. I switch to modern engine fully synthetic oil and I don't hear as much engine noise from the GDI like before. I love this car and can't say it enough. I had a 2001 one Impala had that until 174,000 miles before selling, I wish I had kept that one.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I brought my 2017 Impala (with 44k miles) in for service on a non-functioning AC. Being in the industry, I knew to check the compressor and freon levels. Freon was bone dry so I decided to bring it back to the dealership as I was able to identify a couple service bulletins that centered on the issues I was having. After a couple hours at the dealership they sent me home with a demo because they couldn’t pin point it. Turns out, they confirmed it was the evaporator core (about 4 hours later). Lucky for me, I already knew about the Service Bulletins (N182186880 and N182186881) that depict the issue.

The Service advisor who called confirmed there was a warranty extension (as depicted in the bulletins) and it was going to be covered, they’ll order parts, and hopefully be ready by the end of the week. I then get a separate call from a different advisor the following day telling me the parts came in but that GM is not covering 100% of the costs since the bulletins do not apply to my VIN. Ironic since the model year, engine type, make, and AC issue all lined up! GM was willing to eat some of the $2300 repair, but not all of it.

In the end (1.5 weeks later), I paid to to have it fixed and no one from my GM contacts responded to my concerns. After reaching out to Customer Support (and multiple follow-up calls), they offered to give me $100 certificate toward any future repairs/oil changes... That’s it! Hard to have faith in a company when that company itself doesn’t stand behind their own products and their dealership service techs back-track on what they are communicating to their customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Complaint filed with NHTSA - October 26, 2018. Complaint # **. I could have been killed or maimed by a defective tire jack that was included in the tire changing equipment that came with a new Impala I rented from Enterprise Car Rental. The jack bent in two when I tried to crank the jack high enough to change a flat tire. The Chinese-made (“CE” brand”) part # is 13592351/2017. I have notified both Enterprise and General Motors of the incident. In discussing the issue, it seems that neither company includes a safety check of the tire jack. My concern is that 40-50 thousand Impalas were sold in 2018. Car Rental Companies purchased them as did dealerships. Thousands of unused, i.e. new tire jacks may be sitting in the trunks of Impalas throughout the US, Canada, etc. and some could be defective.

The GM executive office rep said they were going to contact Enterprise regarding the safety issue. To me this is short sighted on GM's part. They don't seem to be interested in finding the root cause of the defective jack. Are they more likely to change their tune, if consumers die as a result of using the General Motors provided defective jacks? Stay tuned. In the meanwhile, if you have not had a reason to use the tire jack in the trunk of your Impala, I suggest you try it out. More importantly, if you have not had a reason to use the tire jack that came with your Impala, I suggest you try it out, carefully, until it’s obvious your tire jack has jacked up your car as it was intended to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Impala?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I got a 2018 Impala Premier. I love this car. However, I find it very hard to get into it. The steering wheel is in the way even though it can be moved upwards it's still not enough room. Even when I move the seat back. I'm not a big person. I'm only 5' 7". Also, there is no leg room to move your legs side to side. The center console prevents your leg from moving to the side and the door prevents your left leg from moving to the left side. There is just no room in the driver's side of this car. My legs get cramped very quickly driving this car.

The bucket seats are also a problem. The seat curves up and it puts pressure on my buttock where I keep my wallet causing pain in my buttock. I have to remove my wallet from my back pocket when I drive this car. This car would be a nightmare on long road trips. The driver side was just poorly designed. I am also experiencing loud road noise. I'm not sure if it's the tires, brakes or wheel bearings. With all these issues I will be looking to sell this car and get something with more room and more comfortable.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Aside from decent fuel efficiency, the price and size of the Chevrolet Impala was decent as well. It's comfortable for long trips. I like having the center console. There are plenty of places to put things in. The trunk is also a great size for travel and holds plenty of luggage. The car can hold three car seats in the back. I just wish there's more floor space in the back. I like having the mirrors in the visors and the additional pull tabs to put out to help on the side windows. The passenger seat is manually adjusted though. I would like to have the same ease of adjusting it as the driver's seat.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience was pretty great. I love Chevys so much so it was only right that I bought this one. I've had this car for nearly three years and it has never given me any problems whatsoever. I love the wide turning radius. I would recommend this car to my friends, family, and even co workers.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We have been driving Impalas for almost 2 decades. They're dependable, attractive, safe and easy to maintain. We will continue to buy Impalas in the future. We chose to try this model because my parents had driven Impalas for years, and recommended we get one. I like the amount of room, especially in the back seat. I have 3 children, and they can travel comfortably. The whole car is quite comfortable. The gas mileage is very good, and I feel safe in the car. Perhaps most importantly, my husband can do most maintenance on our Impala himself. But the CD players in all Impalas I've driven have broken quickly, which is quite disappointing. It would also be nice if the cup holders could be larger, as they don't hold some of my cups, and I've ended up with lapfuls of water on several occasions.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My Chevy Impala 2017 is very dependable. With the heavy snow it did not stall and it always started. There is no other car that can outperform and I owned one before. I love the color and my leather interior is outstanding. My car has plenty of leg room and my handicapped friend has enough room for her wheelchair, walker, and oxygen tank. It has automatic windows and it rides very smooth as well. However, I wish the car had kit room in the trunk and if under the seats it would be a storage under the seat for travel. Would love if the car would be an electric car to save the environment and to include a free iPhone and iPad.

Chevy Impala Company Information