3.9/5 (586 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: May 31, 2022

This truck and the local dealer. Covert in Hutto, TX. I bought their service package and took my truck in for the 1st time at 7,000 miles to get the 1st oil change. They Dropped the truck off of their service lift. Puncture the fuel tank and who knows what else but instead of replacing the truck they decided just to fix it. I was pissed and refused to sign anything with them after they gave me my truck back knowing that more issue will probably arise due to this. Now truck has 69,000 miles on it and how convenient that it is just past the manufacturer warranty and now I need an a/c compressor replaced $2500.00 and the transmission is out $5000. $7500.00 in repairs with such low mileage. I expect better Chevrolet than what this is.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. It has right at 92k miles. It started making a clicking noise, took it to the dealership on February 16th and they tore it apart. Come to find out it needs a whole new engine. Thank God it was covered under the CPO power train warranty. However, it has been in the shop since February 16, 2022 and they say it could take up to 3 months or longer before they get an engine. At first the dealership did not want to give me a rental because they said it was not covered. So I had to find transportation for about a week. I talked with GM and a vehicle is to be provided since it was covered under warranty. So then the dealership provided me with a 2017 Chevy Cruze. It was VERY dirty and disgusting inside.

Drove this for a few days and then the dealership talked with GM and was told a vehicle is to be provided. So they provided me with a 2019 Chevy equinox, not a bad vehicle as it did have some options that my Tahoe has but not the same. Drove this to until 4/12 and they gave me another 2019 Chevy equinox but it is the plain stripped down version and does not compare to my Tahoe. Still no ETA on when they will get a engine. I pay a big monthly payment for my vehicle to SIT on the dealership lot and just waiting and waiting.

Then the vehicle that I get is not comparable to what I drive. I have filed a case with GM and they call me weekly to tell me still no ETA on when a engine will be made. You ask them any other questions and they don’t know, no help at all. I just want a engine for my vehicle so it can be replaced and I can get my vehicle back and drive. I have had many other issues with this vehicle. Once my vehicle gets repaired, I will not be purchasing another GM vehicle.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The battery is located in the trunk of the car. I show up to work and I smell burning wires. That's the smell I smell inside the car. I opened my door and I see smoke coming out of the cracks of my trunk I freak out, I popped my trunk open and see there's a fire inside my trunk. The day prior I was working on a vehicle so I had my toolbox, a brand new can of carb cleaner in my trunk where tools should go. Well the can had hit the battery terminals and my toolbox managed to find its way on top of the can causing the spark and the contents inside the can obviously kept the flame going caught the toolbox on fire. Thank God nobody was hurt but that's a poor design.

If you're going to put a battery in a trunk as a maker of a car put it in a contained area. A box of some sort. Protect the battery from anything a person may put in their trunk. Or even have another area for storage space for your tools, jumper cables, tow rope things like that keep the battery separated from anything that could be hazardous. That should only be common sense.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado brand new. The touch screen radio quit working. Doesn't respond to touch. Also it does things on its own like blaring the radio full blast, calling people tick tick tick pushing its own buttons. It's caused me a few times a severe scare almost driving off the road because out of nowhere the Radio goes full blast!!! I only have 36,000 miles on it and warranty is over. How convenient. The transmission from day one slips, seems like it's not going to shift and hard shifts enough to jolt ya! I am really upset with this vehicle. I've learned my uncle has a 2016 Z style Colorado and his is doing the same exact thing. My cousin's Impala radio does the same thing. It doesn't work! There should be a recall on these items and I can't understand why there isn't yet. What do we as owners have to do?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

For those of you driving 2016-2018 there’s a legitimate “recall” out for a warning msg reduced power mode. Luckily my mechanic hates these death traps and told me to spread the word. Get these POS off the road. Went from 70mph to 10 in seconds. Sound familiar?? If so call dealership give them this recall code and get it replaced on their dollar. ****recall***** (It’s called a special request recall) no difference to me other than the public is unaware. Needed new pedal accelerator, sensor and a shifter, new wiring because they used glue which melted our wiring around the pedal. Chevy is scamming the recall process. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have always said Chevrolet was the best vehicles; but I was wrong. My next car will NOT be a Chevrolet. I bought a 2019 Chevrolet Malibu in 2020 with approximately 40,000 miles. In November of 2021 the car just died as I was driving. My mechanic finally discovered the issue. An electric modulator went out. Since I bought the car used, Chevrolet refused to cover the cost. Thanks Chevrolet for nothing. Won’t waste my money again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

The biggest issue with this service department was the time it took for an oil change and tire rotation, 5 HOURS, but I have listed all the details below.

Pros:
    - Service was completed

- Service consultant was pleasant

Cons:

- Timing. It took this service department from 10:15 am to 3:15 pm, 5 HOURS, to complete an oil change and tire rotation. I scheduled my appointment online and was told when I arrived that it might take up to 3.5 hours. I was not happy but needed the oil change today and assumed it might include something like a basic exterior wash for the time. At the 4-hour mark, I called the service department to get an update. After a few moments of not being able to find my car, I was told to give them another 1.5 hours to complete the service.

- Price. When scheduling my appointment online, the dealership was offering a coupon for $29.95 + tax. The only fine print, directly from the coupon, was, “Tire balancing, tax, and more than 6 quarts of oil extra.”. Since I did not see a line item for tire balancing or more than 6 quarts of oil, I asked why I was being charged $12.89 more than the coupon, before tax. I was told that prices have gone up and they could not honor the coupon price. If that is the case, the coupon needs to be removed from the website.

- “Shuttle”. I advised the service department I would be waiting there for my car. It was at that point they offered a shuttle, via Lyft, within 10 miles of the dealership. I opted to take them up on the offer, but just across the highway to the mall. At 4.5 hours, I ended up walking back to the dealership since my phone was about to die so there was no way I would be able to coordinate the shuttle back between the dealership and Lyft. At the time of payment, I see a charge for, “Incidental Reimbursement” in the amount of $5.67. I can only assume this was for the “shuttle service” they would take care of within 10 miles.

- Lack of attention to detail. When I received the bill, I noticed a charge of just over $22 for 2 bolts. I knew I would have to pay for the bolts but remembered the conversation advising it would be around $4 and change, per bolt. I had to ask why the charge was so high before they even noticed it. Lastly, upon getting in my car, I noticed in the 5 hours they had the vehicle, no one could be bothered to reset the oil life indicator.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Bought a 3500 diesel. Was told motor and tranny would last forever, after 3000 miles brakes wore out on a Saturday. Replaced brakes and rotors with aftermarket on Saturday night so I had a vehicle for the weekend, went to dealer on Monday morning and was told brakes were not warrantied, Brakes should last longer than 3000 miles so there was obviously something wrong. Was told to get the ** out and to go to the dealer where the vehicle was purchased. Went to original dealer and was told nothing was wrong.

At 40000 miles motor started to knock. Was told it was a sensor. Replaced sensor. Still same knock. They finally take my truck in and admit the motor was bad. Gave me a loaner for a month then called to tell me they needed their loaner back because it was sold as I was rudely yelled at by general manager and was told that loaners were for a few days not for a month. They did not have a loaner to replace it so Chevy corporate told me they would send me a refund if I had rented a truck. Needless to say they took 3 months to fix my truck and after six months and numerous phone calls still have not received any money from them. Was a dedicated chevy truck guy until this whole fiasco. Never again. Truck is a complete junior $65000.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We have always chosen Chevrolet. We traded our 18 year old Trailblazer last April. It was hard as we never had to worry about buying big items. Our children have moved on to their adult lives and it's just the two of us. We purchased a Trax and are very pleased with the size and comfort.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Shortly after I got the car the brake booster went out. They supposedly fixed it. I am still having problems with it. Took it back to have it looked at again and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I'm still experiencing problems with the same brake booster and I don't know what to do. They say there's nothing wrong with it but obviously there is. Sorry but there is nothing good to say about this car!

Chevrolet Company Information