2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Chevrolet Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have owned a big variety of vehicles Ford's Dodge Volkswagen Etc. My first car was a Chevy 1968 Chevelle Malibu El Camino. Really nice car. Never had any issues with it. Really tough engine. Great transmission. My second one was a 1969 Chevy Impala. Never had any issues. Both of them nice old muscle cars I put together myself. Put a lot of money into it. Was all Chevy parts. You can't go wrong with them. I put a small block 400 in the El Camino and a 350 in the Impala both with Turbo 350 Transmission. I would recommend Chevrolet product to anybody. I really enjoyed both these vehicles that was in my younger years when it was all about speed and looks. Now it's more about comfort and safety. Chevrolet has all of that wrapped up in their vehicles now. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We purchased a 2014 current and last style Impala to be manufactured. The Impala was driven less than 12000 miles. It is without question the finest automobile we have ever had the pleasure of driving. The ride is terrific, provides consistent 29 miles per gallon or slightly better in ideal conditions. The automobile has all the bells and whistles save factory navigation. We enjoy each and every amenities on this vehicle save one item. I'm not a real fan of low profile tires. We will soon remedy the low-profile malady by downsizing from 245 45 r19 to a 17 in wheel which will be very close in total circumference with a much higher sidewall.

This will provide a much gentler ride over bumps, bumps and road imperfections and still odometer and transmission will operate correctly. I am currently researching correct replacement wheel so as to accommodate the larger brakes on this vehicle. Offset and bolt pattern must be adhered too. I really believe in days to come current SUV fanatics will come to realize the sedan was a good buggie. For the life of me I do not understand and yet I do. What does not sell you bring off the market! So happy I was able to get one, and almost a new one, suits me. Lots of room and a joy to operate.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I currently have a 2004 Silverado 1500, a "dream" of many years. Aside from the general maintenance of any vehicle (breaks and the likes) this truck is AMAZING! I give, as an example: about a year ago, I was about 50 miles from home when the coolant line sprung a leak! I'd noticed a small puddle under the vehicle when I came out of the store where I'd been shopping, but thought it was condensation. On the drive back, through some rather rural area, I noticed a slight increase on the temperature gauge so I drove with care not to over-exert the engine. Taking the truck immediately to the mechanic, they opened the reservoir for the coolant to find it completely dry!

Repairs were made and subsequently I learned that these vehicles have a "protection" against over-heating! It saved my day, my purchases, my sanity, to be sure. This truck, even at its age, has been a blessing, helping me move house, hauling brush and wood, it's amazing in snow, and I live in a mountainous region in Northern New York state where Winters can be quite brutal. As for the rating given about the cost, quite honestly, I find the cost of motor vehicles these days to be rather unreasonable over all. But even for the basic Silverado, I would say, considering the peace of mind and safety, I've experienced with mine, the price is "reasonable." Could be better (lower of course), but as is: perfectly reasonable. I recommend the model to everybody, even those who think trucks are out of their personal style. Drive one, you'll be stuck forever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Too bad GM killed this car. 2018 is the last year for the 6 speed manual. Not even available in the 2019, and now, GM thought it was a great marketing move to kill all of their cars that normal people can afford. My car has been very reliable, and on a recent Buffalo to Chicago trip, averaged nearly 50 MPG. It also has a great deal of useable power and torque with the manual box. A 1.3 litre turbo 4 is not the slug you might expect. I don't want an SUV or truck of ANY kind. I want a car that's fun to drive and handles well. That's why GM is getting it back in a week when my lease is up - and isn't leasing me anything else. After leasing me my last 4 cars. I've replaced it with a 21 year old car in excellent condition, which pays for itself in about a year of not making payments. Now I can buy something really fun instead - another motorcycle!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'm really pleased with my Equinox. Drives GREAT. Good gas mileage. Zero things to dislike about the car. Buying it, and dealing with Chevrolet has not been satisfactory. Problem 1: Chevrolet wants to sell On-Star. Fine. I don't want it. Eventually, On-Star called me one day when I started the car. I could't shut it off. Chevy was broadcasting an add into my car, without my consent. I was so mad. They got me to press the "button". I tried to be nice to the operator. But, told them "no", and don't do that again. And, "yes", someone can contact me about this. No one every has done so. Bottom line: Chevy could not PAY ME to own On-Star. (I've designed electronics for 40 years. I bet I can disconnect the antenna).

Problem 2: I love the multi-media center. But occasionally, they lock it up with a text message. It is a warning that I should not look at the screen while driving. And, I must acknowledge by pressing OK to release the screen. How hypocritical that I should read, and acknowledge a long text before the screen functions. I would like to punch the attorney whose idea this is in the nose, and then in the groin (hypothetically, of course). That is a piece of software that is broken!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

My experience driving the car was awesome. The car met every expectation. I would recommend the equinox for a family just starting out or who have two kids. Great road trip car. Very smooth ride.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I have had several sub-compact SUV's and the Trax is one of the better ones. It has a good ride, handles well, and has enough of power. Good full mileage for an AWD vehicle. Price is in the ballpark with the competition. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a sub-compact AWD.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Love the roomy cargo area in my 2006 HHR, and the way the back seats fold down flat. My car has 185,000 miles on it and the engine still runs strong and quiet. On the minus side of the ledger is the lousy service from Chevy mechanics. It's not unusual to have to bring the car back two or three times to fix the same thing. Each time, they try to charge me again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Our 2019 Chevy Trax LT is so much fun to drive. It sits high up like a typical SUV but small like a car. It has lots of features in it like electric start, an app that can find you car and lock it remotely. It’s great on gas mileage and can really pack a lot in it because the seats lay down flat. I like there is an actual spare tire and so many air bags. The seats are very comfortable even for long drives. Also there are plenty of cup holders for all the drinks you just have to have to go on a drive. I think the Trax would be a bit small for a family with teenagers. Our kids are grown so it’s not an issue for us.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Bought used, not Happy with the finance company they stuck us with, Ally. Other than that, the vehicle has proven itself for mileage and safety, 2014 cruze, great car. Very happy with the car itself.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Chevrolet Company Information