3.54/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'm really pleased with my Equinox. Drives GREAT. Good gas mileage. Zero things to dislike about the car. Buying it, and dealing with Chevrolet has not been satisfactory. Problem 1: Chevrolet wants to sell On-Star. Fine. I don't want it. Eventually, On-Star called me one day when I started the car. I could't shut it off. Chevy was broadcasting an add into my car, without my consent. I was so mad. They got me to press the "button". I tried to be nice to the operator. But, told them "no", and don't do that again. And, "yes", someone can contact me about this. No one every has done so. Bottom line: Chevy could not PAY ME to own On-Star. (I've designed electronics for 40 years. I bet I can disconnect the antenna).

Problem 2: I love the multi-media center. But occasionally, they lock it up with a text message. It is a warning that I should not look at the screen while driving. And, I must acknowledge by pressing OK to release the screen. How hypocritical that I should read, and acknowledge a long text before the screen functions. I would like to punch the attorney whose idea this is in the nose, and then in the groin (hypothetically, of course). That is a piece of software that is broken!

Original review: May 21, 2019

THIS car is amazing. I just got rear ended on a highway. Me going 80km/h got hit at 100km/h and there are no dents, not even a scratch, this car is durable. Nothing can break it. Has always been a reliable car, good on gas, very small able to get from point a to b. I love my Aveo.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Purchased a 2018 Cruze LT 4Dr new on 5/18/18. I have had zero problems, it now has 15,400 miles on it. Comfortable ride, adequate power from the 1.4L Turbo. Handles nicely and gets 40-42MPG on highway trips. Well equipped for the price with CarPlay, blind spot monitoring, power and heated seats. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Being a Chevy family for years I am very disappointed to find out that they hide problems with their vehicles from their customers. They can send out flyers to purchase new car mats or upgrades for cars, yet when a part is bad on their vehicles are bad. On our Trax our pvc valve cover went bad and Chevy had known that on the 2013-2017 Trax, Sonic and Cruise this part had been malfunctioning. It would have been under warranty from my dealership had I know when I was home to take it in.

My warranty is not valid anywhere but there. Of course they never told me that either. My family decided to see our son who is in the Army 3.5 hours from our home. Car was not covered. We were stranded for 3 days because the strike caused a lack of parts throughout the country. Dealerships were closed because it was a weekend so we went to a Pep Boys. Chevy acknowledges this is an issue but refuse to reimburse me because I didn't go to a dealership in the town we were stranded in. Which by the way couldn't find the part we needed a Kia dealer had to find it! We will be trading in our Chevys by the end of the year and getting a different brand who believes in customer service not just making a buck!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I purchased a brand new 2019 Chevy 2500 LTZ that has severe corrosion on the underside. I have been told that this is normal and that Chevrolet has a service bulletin out regarding the rust. According to Chevrolet this service bulletin is only available to the service department. When you buy a house that’s infested with termites that’s not only disclosed to the real estate agent. Be aware of what you're purchasing, if it’s a new Chevrolet truck, unless of course you don’t mind corrosion! I’ve never seen anything like it. I hope you don’t either!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I've been driving trucks for 15 years and the last 9 I've had a GMC. I loved that truck and when the transmission started to go I decided to buy a new Chevrolet. I decided to buy a Chevy. The truck was dropped of to me by someone at the dealership and had 300 miles on it most of witch from the drive to my house. From the moment I took my first drive (after I already owned it) it was shaking. It always shakes but sometimes it's really bad and dangerous. I told the dealership right away and they fed me a lot of lies. They 100% agree it's shaking but won't fix it or do anything for me.

They changed my tires and my truck drove worse than before. I filed 2 claims with Chevy. One asking for a buy back and they denied my claim. Also one for some kind of trade assistance and they offered me $1,500.00. This truck has had other issues since I got it. The check engine light has come on twice and had to be turned off by the dealer. Also the steering wheel tilts to the left even after being aligned multiple times. I would not suggest buying a Chevy. Not only are they not good quality. Chevy does not stand by their products and warranty's. This had been a terrible experience and it's nowhere near over.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

In the last 4 months I purchased 2 used Chevy Volts with low miles and excellent condition. They replaced two Toyota Prius my wife and I owned. We’ve been Prius owners for 12 years, and have had a great experience with Toyota, but the Volt appealed to us for its much greater battery capacity as well as how it drives. What I didn’t anticipate was a far worse repair experience than I’ve ever had with any car in the last 40 years, and the fault is with Chevy and GM, not the dealer, for not having a commonly failing part available for the repair. It’s been 3 weeks now waiting for the part. In the meantime over many calls to GM for help, they have been absolutely awful. Day after day they apologize but they can’t tell you when the part will arrive, so I don’t know when I’ll get my car back.

Three weeks after buying the second Volt, I had a problem starting it. I eventually got it started and drove it to the closest dealer in Arlington, MA. They told me right away it sounded like a common problem with the shifter assembly, but unfortunately the part was in backorder. Under the extended warranty I purchased, I had 6 days of a loaner car covered, so I got one and didn’t worry. A week later, the dealer still had no idea when the part would come from GM.

That’s when I called GM and opened a case with Customer Service. The call center folks are friendly and try to help but are extremely limited as far as solving any problem. They assigned me a Senior Advisor however, and that was supposed to get my case escalated. But the Advisor also couldn’t tell me when the part would arrive. They also could not offer me any coverage for a loaner car during the extended wait for the part. The Advisor resorted to reciting policy to me on this issue. On multiple occasions I have tried to reach the Advisor to share information from the dealer or ask for an update. I’ve never been able to reach her the same day or next day. It has taken 2-3 days and messages and escalations for her to respond.

Last week both the dealer and GM said the part was expected to ship that week. It didn’t. I called every day for an update and never got any sense that anyone knows anything about the part's availability. Then they said the part shipped last Friday so it should arrive that day or next day. The dealer looks for it every day but still hasn’t seen it (Tuesday). Again my calls to the Advisor, to ask about tracking the shipment, have not been returned.

After borrowing my wife’s car for a week, which left her without a car, and getting rides to work from colleagues, I rented a car yesterday. With the extended warranty already used, and GM's policy preventing them providing any coverage since the manufacturer's warranty has just passed a few months ago, I am now stuck with the rental cost, for how long I don’t know.

The dealer says there’s nothing they can do 'til the part arrives. GM customer service says there’s nothing they can do to get the part to the dealer. The people responsible to make the part and ship it are completely insulated, as are any higher level managers, since customer service has said they can’t provide me any further contacts.

I think the Volt is a great car. This mechanical issue is very minor. The car has a good reputation for reliability. But Chevy and GM can’t seem to provide a part for a common issue in the car. I’ve since heard that some Volt owners purchase and stockpile certain parts that occasionally fail, because they anticipate GM won’t be able to provide the part for repair.

At this point I’m committed to the car, but don’t think I’ll ever buy another GM product in this lifetime, based on how poorly they’ve handled this. And I recommend the same for any car buyer. A global, multi-billion $ company can’t have common repair parts available within a day or two - that is a company that deserves to go out of business. And no more government bailouts. After buying the first one several months ago I bought another. Three weeks later I had a

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is what could happen to your new Chevrolet Suburban Premier. I’ve owned a 2011 and 2016 Suburban LTZ. I’ve also owned two 2018 Suburbans but I was never prepared for what happened to my 2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier. I purchased a used 2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier and the engine went out after a little over 100K miles. I understand that it is out of warranty based on miles, but since it’s a one-year-old car I reach out to GM leadership for some assistance.

I sent an email to Mary Barra and all the VP listed on their website to get some form of assistance but GM flatly refused. It’s very disappointing that a $65K car, which I always service at a GM dealership monthly, needs an engine after 100K miles. I told them I would never buy another GM vehicle. If it were a company that purchases large quantities of their vehicles they probably would do something. Big companies don’t need assistance; a small guy like me is more in need of their assistance. It’s costing me well over $7000.00 to replace the engine at a Chevrolet dealership.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a New Chevrolet Tahoe 2018 White Pearl and on the second day noticed a ZIT under the paint and looked around and saw hair fibers and sand under the white paint. I took to the Dealership and they sent to an Autobody Shop and it came back with a different shade darker, not happy with the result and sent to another Autobody shop in Clovis California and it came out ok. There were more fibers and fisheyes noticed and sent back again. This time it was totally torn apart and my vehicle was in there for 11 days. Spent 55k on a new Chevrolet Tahoe and this is what I am dealing with. I noticed more fibers in the paint and need to take back. Really looking to take them to court, because Chevrolet is not doing anything to remedy or compensate me for the issue I am dealing with. Purchased at Keller Auto in Hanford California.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I am writing to complain about my Chevy Cruze 2016 Limited Lt. I have nothing but problems with this turbo. The fan sounds like the car is going to take off. This happens when you run the air conditioner. The car surges and the car goes through a stage where it takes a minute to reset. The turbo has acceleration issues where it will be running OK then slow down to barely doing the speed limit. I have had it in the dealership 3 times. They always tell me everything is OK to have it back and it is doing the same thing all over again. I don't want a car with a turbo anymore. Too many problems. I feel that I can't get the answers I'm looking for. If I contact the dealership they will just tell me how everything is OK. I pay good money for my vehicle and if it is going to continue to be a problem maybe they should let me trade it for another vehicle. I need to know who to talk to so I can get this problem fixed.

Chevrolet Company Information