2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Chevrolet Beat is one of the best car in terms of pick up, mileage and road grip. It's very smooth car compared to my other Maruti and Honda cars. Very much suitable for small family and long drive. Beat never cheats in the road, and chances of accident is almost nil. Very good engine, and I hope GM will relaunch its products in India.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Chevy first car in 1963. Drove 1957 Chevy. Had a 1958 bel air. Had a 1972 impala. Always liked General Motors. Got a 1969 Camero after getting out of the Air Force in 1972. Never had any major break downs of any cars except accidents.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Customer service after purchase of car is excellent. Parts are in stock. Constant offers and rebates and freebies. Car has good safety features and drives well. I am satisfied. I know no car gets mileage listed and no car lasts forever. But this is also a USA car so I am supporting our country.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased a new Chevrolet for reliability and to transport my family. I've had it for 2 months and 2k miles and it's been nothing but a nightmare and headache. It's been at a dealership 3 different times for multiple days at a time and I've been given no loaner. So now instead of me being able to provide transportation for my family back and forth to school I'm unable to do that. This is absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I chose a new GM vehicle over your competitors and it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I would not recommend this company. All the GM support advisors do is schedule appointments, they don't care about your concern, nor do they care to get to the bottom of the actual problem. I've had my 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV for a year and a half now and Have had lots of electronics problems. They tell me they can't use a video to fix the issue that if it's not malfunctioning at the time when it's at the dealer, they won't fix it. Of course the car comes out of its bumper to bumper warranty by mileage and the entire infotainment fails and the other issues I've complained about will finally get fixed at my extended warranty's expense and my $100 deductible.

I call to speak with a senior advisor, they don't call back, they don't call when you tell them to call and will do what they want, when they want. This is the worst car company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I've had Hondas, Fords, VWs and Chevy and Chevy has been the worst ownership experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I come from a family that prided itself on owning Chevrolet trucks – trucks that ran for 200K+ miles. That came to an end for me today. I own a 2016 Suburban LT that's used as our primary family vehicle. At just over 64K miles, the car started to show signs of a delayed shifting between P, R, and D. It would hesitate and then jump into gear. The vehicle would also shake when on the highway and shifting between gears. The dealer first suggested re-programming the transmission and a fluid flush at a cost of $700, but the symptoms persisted. Upon further investigation by the transmission technician, I was presented with a price of $7,000 to replace the transmission with a remanufactured one.

Visibly frustrated, the dealer suggested that I could approach GM about cost sharing of the repair, but only after performing a tear down of the transmission which was another $1,500. The dealer suggested that they needed to tear down the transmission so that they could identify precisely what went wrong and then report back to GM via a software application (not person to person interaction). Also, how convenient for GM and the dealer to have my vehicle taken apart before presenting me with a cost sharing proposal. GM already knows that the transmission needs to be replaced - and after it's replaced, the broken transmission is sent back to GM to be remanufactured and sold to another dissatisfied customer whose transmission has failed because of poor mechanical craftsmanship.

After several conversations with GM's Sr. Advisor and a Supervisor, which knew very little about transmissions or repairs in general, I was told that they would not consider any cost sharing until the tear down was performed - and it was my full responsibility to pay the $1,500 for tear down. So, before even knowing the full cost of repairing the vehicle, I need to pay $2,200? GM doesn't need the transmission torn down to address my issue. The Sr. Advisor and Supervisor should have had autonomy to escalate and do what’s right – which is be highly empathetic; own the mechanical flaw in craftsmanship; problem solve with me; and tell me that they’ll pay a certain percentage of the total repair cost to replace the transmission with one that’s been remanufactured.

But, they didn’t do that; they didn’t stand by their product or their customer commitment. To me, it’s disgusting to see on GM’s website that they "pride themselves on ensuring an exceptional ownership experience”. It’s a poor product and terrible company – that’s why they reduced the power train warranty from 100K in 2015 to 60K in 2016 – and have a class action lawsuit against them on the Yukon XL (not sure why Suburban is not on here, but will investigate). Ford may not be any better, but that’s where I’m headed – and that never would have happened had GM stood by their craftsmanship issue and done everything that they could have to satisfy me as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Lies! Do not let them pull your credit! The General Manager Chevrolet Jim ** on the River in Tulsa, informed me that they work with all types of credit and that he was certain with a my 560 credit score he could get me in a car. He lied, the car lot stated I needed a co-signer and would have to trade in my current vehicle on top of that. That’s with $2,000 down all for an $18,000 vehicle. Also when the pulled my credit, as to what they called as a “soft hit” turned into 5 inquiries all from my application with them. I would not only NOT recommend them, I will advocate against any potential buyers from even contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I LOVE my 2013 Sonic Hatchback, but I HATE CHEVY MARKETING!!! I've tried for 7 years to get off their mail list and they ignore EVERY Request!!! I've already stopped using their service dept. I am SO SICK on getting their "Certified Service" mailings and they won't stop. I've tried opting out by calling GMC, The Dealer and using the gmcontactpreferences dot com, but these arrogant jerks have ignored my requests for 7 YEARS!!! What a waste of paper. I am sure I scared the crap out of the last person to answer when I called AGAIN to get off the mailing list. I'm selling a car I love, and switching to Honda!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My Chevy Colorado had been totaled for a vehicle fire, truck almost killed me. There was no apparent reason why it happened, so most likely a product defect. There is a recall on 2018 Chevy Colorado's, a fuel pump failure, which increases the cause of fire in fuel line. According to the fire report from the fire department, the cause of fire was fuel tank/fuel line. Apparently my Colorado was not part of this recall but maybe should have been based on what happened. To be sure, I wanted GM to investigate their vehicle, seeing as how it was less than 2 years old, bought brand new off the lot, only 17k miles. They stated that because my insurance company has it, that they will not look at it.

My insurance company is fully willing to let them investigate it, but that means nothing to them. They stated that I would have had to call them before my insurance company in order for them to investigate and have a claim open. To me this is less about the claim and more about the fact that the vehicle caught fire while I was driving, no apparent reason why. It also feels like they are 2 separate issues. This is a safety issue that they need to address, and their only response is "we"ll log the issue". My insurance company hasn't been much help either. If GM is producing Trucks that are a hazard on the road, they need to do something about it rather than "log the issue". No further efforts have been made on their part to help me, I have not been treated like a loyal customer but rather a nuisance and just a number. Worst customer experience ever.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Own the Chevy Bolt for less than 6 months. Hatch window shattered for not apparent reason. Turning in an intersection, so no other vehicle passing. I took the car back to Jenner Chevrolet in Victoria, BC thinking this was a faulty window. I was informed they will not replace it even though there is no evidence of impact or damage to the window to warrant the window to shatter.

The Jenner's repair and parts manager told me the side and back windows are designed to shatter with any impact for safety reasons! He then proceeded to inform me that a small sliver of porcelain dropping on the window could cause it to shatter. He refused to contact Chevrolet to enquire if this will be covered, or report the incident. Told me that would be up to me to report this. So I am assume if this is how Chevy designs their windows to shatter with minimal impact, I don't think I would feel safe placing a toddler in the car in case they decided to tap on the windows and have it shatter in their hand. Initially I was accepting of the poor ride and comfort of the Bolt (poor suspension and uncomfortable seats), but I don't think I would recommend this vehicle to my friends or family. I was initially going to purchase a Nissan Leaf as friends has been pleased with their Leaf and has never had any issue with the Nissan dealership in Victoria, BC.

Chevrolet Company Information