Chevrolet

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First 2015 Chevrolet Dually Duramax shut down in Sept 2016. Driver fueled up, drove about 20 to 40 miles, truck's fuel filter light came on, truck stopped on interstate. As of 01/09/2017, truck is not fixable and still in shop. Loan company have called to come get it. I cannot fix it and cannot pay for it. This is one of three trucks I have for running freight on flatbeds. My trucks have to run to make payments. Second 2015 Chevrolet Dually Duramax shut down in the exact same manner, right down to fueling and driving a little way, and stopping. Metal shavings found in fuel system. This will put my small trucking business out of business. "NOTE" Both trucks bought at the same time, from same dealer, and drove off the lot the same day.

I had an experience at a Chevrolet Dealership this past Friday morning 12/9/2016 at around 8 am that I have never had in my life. I was floored by the way I was treated. On my way to Jacksonville FL from Lagrange, Ga my car began to hesitate and sputter. I was in the middle of nowhere and it was still dark outside. I was 24 miles from the nearest town and Chevy dealership. I putted into that town and made it to the Chevy dealership service department. I went in and told them that I have a 2002 Chevy Prizm with 240,000 miles and it's hesitating and sputtering when I accelerate.

The service writer looked at his coworker at the desk beside him and they laughed. He looks at me and says "your car is too old and has too many miles so we cannot even look at it". I said "you can't even look at it?" He said "we won't look at it." He then gave me a card of a 3rd party mechanic in town and told me that the guy there should be able to take care of it for me. I have had this vehicle for 14 years and have been a Chevy customer for 14 years. I have never before experienced anything like this. What can be done?

It gets me where I need to go, no matter what the weather. It goes in summer and winter with no problems. When a Dodge truck got stuck in the driveway in winter my husband use the Chevrolet to push it out. Even though it sat for a long time before being bought it needed very little done to it. It has always been dependable.

I have driven Chevrolet Trucks for years and they have been very dependable and have required very little repairs. I have horses and have hauled to many horse events. They have wonderful power for hauling and I have never had one break down when hauling. They are also very comfortable.

Have not had a major problem with this truck since I purchased it in 2009. I have a 2009 Chevy Colorado Truck. It runs smooth after 62,000 miles with no tune up. Love the on-star feature... no engine problems, handles very well on the road, feels and sounds like you going 50 miles per hr when you are actually going 70mph even now. Of course I keep the oil change and do regular maintenance on the car. My husband bought this truck new because he wanted something that a female could drive due to its midsize. He died a yr later and I decided to keep the truck and sell my car... Best decision I ever made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

The build quality seems to be good but not perfect. The same with performance. I love the Chevy Volt. The battery gives us enough range on a full charge to get almost anywhere during the average day. It's quiet and runs smoothly with lots of power. There have been problems, of course. While the software is generally great, the entertainment center software had big problems. Software updates have helped a lot. And, we had a problem where the transmission control unit short-circuited. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Like most auto manufacturers Chevy has lowered the quality of their engineering and increased the cost of their automobiles. Chevrolet is my favorite American brand automobile, but because they have outsourced so much of the parts that go into their vehicles, I think it gives way to a conflict of interest for the competition.

For the most part it's been a good car but we have had some issues. There have been some issues with the engine and with the a/c which I was not happy about at all. You shouldn't have problems like that with a new car. However, other than those it has been a good car, good price, and good gas mileage.

No vehicle is completely wonderful. But with the stop and go torture mine goes through it is real good. My Venture has tons of space for all my crafting supplies and even though it is 15 years old it gets at 20 miles per gallon and has good get up and go! Nice quiet, smooth ride and handles well in lousy weather.

My C7 is a wonderful car to drive, but it seems like every time I drove it something needs be replaced or repaired. Items replaced or repaired so far: radio, door release cable, engine belt tensioner, passenger seat handle, visor with built-in garage door opener, safety recall to reprogram something, engine makes rattling sounds at low speed. Now GM dealer Best Chevrolet says they need to go inside the engine and replace cams and lifters. The car only got around 10,000 miles. My experience with this new Corvette have been nothing but issues.

Until everything started going wrong with this car. When I got the car I was told right away that I need to get the two latest recalls one for the ignition switch and the other one was for the electronic power steering motor -- which was done without delay. One month after this one of my headlights started getting water damage and both of the bulbs stopped working (150$ repair). Right after this my driver side speaker stopped working (which makes the blinker noise - another 150$ repair).

The next issue that occurred was my whole power system unit stopped working (not even two months past getting the EPM recall fixed - 1200$ GM only repair) which resulted in them breaking my steering wheel cover (that they weren't trying to tell me about or fix). The steering wheel was crooked and didn't drive straight (told the GM dealership and there wasn't anything wrong with it supposedly). Reported this to the appreciate channels -- Chevy shouldn't be able to get away with this kind of malfunction when the problem was identical to the EPM malfunction. Of course, no recall or any form of help came of it. Not even one month later and my gear shifter it almost getting to the point where it won't go into gear (hard almost stuck like feeling to get it into position). Once again GM dealership says that there is nothing wrong with it.

Finally weeks after this issue my check engine light is on (yet to be diagnosis), have a feeling I'm not going to be happy with whatever is broken this time. I seriously hate this car so much and I have low mileage. My 04 Chevy cavalier (that was burning oil, and ran dry a few times) never gave me any problems and ran like a champ. I seriously hate this Cobalt and the Chevy dealership I've taken the cobalt to. As soon as I can I'm getting rid of this car and never ever going to buy another Chevy (it use to be the only brand I've ever bought but your newer models are lemons).

Chevy found a way to get their newer models to a certain mileage and then one by one everything stops working or malfunctions! I've never spend so much in one year on car repairs and they call the Cobalts sure money savers and even found a way for local news programs to market them like they are cherry cars. DO NOT BUY A COBALT OR ANY NEWER CHEVY MODEL-- YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET YOU EVER DID.

Chevrolet Company Profile