1.89/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 18, 2018

44 Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

My husband and I purchased this vehicle after a car accident totalled our other one. Bought this car used and began noticing issues. We have had to replace the torque sensor which was $600 alone. Many Chevy vehicles were recalled for this issue. Today I get a letter in the mail telling me that the side impact airbag was recalled. But here's the catch, they will only replace it free of charge if it's under 150,000 miles. The vehicle was over that when we bought the car! Airbag light has been on for some time now...

I tried calling Chevy customer service and got nowhere. They asked me repeatedly what the letter said. So after reading it to them 4 times and being told there was no issue, yet I'm holding the letter in my hands that I just opened. I hung up. This by far has been my worst car owning experience ever! I feel that there should be something in place for people that are buying these cars used, my safety is just as important as that of someone purchasing a brand new Chevy vehicle!

Original review: March 14, 2018

This is my very first car purchase. A car that I fell in love with and built myself down to the features in this car. Car purchased 8/16/17 drove off the lot with 30mi on it. About a week after having the car it shut off on me and has been happening since. For a brand new car why is it shutting off intermittently? This car has been in and out of the shop since I got it. The dealership Carl Black of Kennesaw finally witnessed it after having my car for about a month in January and replaced the fuse block which they thought was the issue. 2 week after getting my car back it shut off on me again! Brought them the car back the following day for them to keep it for two weeks and put over 1000mi on it. This is beyond ridiculous. Chevy is telling me they cant buy my car back because it's under warranty. But don't safety issues qualify my car as a lemon?! If this car dies on me on I-75 and I get into a car accident will GM/Chevrolet really want to deal with this type of lawsuit?

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Be very careful if interested in a new Chevy Equinox. I had a 2013 and never ever had a mechanical problem. But, my 2018 (purchased in Dec 2017) bucks, shakes/ vibrates sometimes when driven at low steady speeds. The dealership agreed with the problem and checked 3 more cars on the lot and they did the same. But, no corrective measures were taken because the COMPUTER did not create an error report. Just saying- test drive them carefully and check that low and steady (20 to 30 MPH) speed.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Me & my wife purchased a new 2017 Chevy Traverse in summer 2016. After 10,000 miles we noticed steering problems a stability problem. When slowing down the steering wheel shakes & before starting the truck turns of 3 to 5 seconds before starting. My family drove this 2017 Chevy Traverse for almost 2 months wondering why we was getting headaches, dizziness, breathing problems, eye's issues and side pain! I am a disabled man. The engine light came on after end of January 2018. I took the Traverse to O'REILLY code PO442. A number of things. One the gas cap, BUT FIRST THING ON TOP PURGE VALUE. Few days later the engine light came back on. Code PO 0496 same issues. Purge value allows carbon monoxide to follow through the engine than the tailpipe!

I contacted Chevy Corporate office in Detroit. I was told to take in the where purchase vehicle to be inspected and a Carbon monoxide leak was found! Leak in the line! We was put in a loaner for almost a month while GM Insurance Esis stalled finger pointing! (Dont give up after still under the warranty) and the (NICE PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH) CURRIE MOTORS FEEL AS IF THE DEALERSHIP PLAYS NO PART IN THIS ISSUES! This 3.6 engine is in 2009 - 2017 Traverse, Acadia 2009 - 2016 Same issues with Ford Explorer carbon monoxide leak including police vehicles. THINK 2010 - 2016 & SOME 2017.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

A complete waste of money for the purchase of this vehicle. I bought this new in August 2013 and every year since I have had it, separately from routine maintenance or normal wear and tear, I have had it in the garage to have some part replaced and whenever I have called General Motors or the dealership it is always the same response, "Oh that is not covered under warranty," so basically NOTHING on their vehicle is ACTUALLY covered under warranty. Their bumper to bumper which is only 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first is a JOKE!!

They have used poor lousy parts in their vehicles and they are fully aware of it so they sit in their BOARDROOM and put their hands in the air because they just don't care but until they finally OWN up to the problem they have lost my BUSINESS!!! This business acquired a government bailout during the Bush administration and they DO NOTHING to assist their CONSUMERS!! I will never again purchase a Chevrolet/GM vehicle, this car has been nothing but a pain in my pocket!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have a 2012 Equinox I was driving and the oil spilled all over the street and the car cut off. Took it to the dealership they said the rear main seal blew apart from condensation. I've only had this car since June of this year so 7 months. But and my first oil change they told me I had a slight oil leak but they couldn't tell where it was coming from. On the second floor and changed they said I had a slight oil leak but it's a little worse than the first time. On the third oil change at a different place they told me the oil was leaking and they did not know where it was coming from so now I know the real name.

Seal was broken when I first got the car and that's what was leaking the oil but now it's my fault and I have to change the engine because the powertrain was expired when I bought it. In the extended warranty States they will change the engine only if the engine failed on its own but since the real rear seal popped and shards of metal went inside the engine from it poppin' I have to change the engine because the main rear main seal isn't covered on warranty. This is my first Chevy and after 7 months I know I will never get one again. Ford all the way.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I bought a 2014 Chevrolet Spark and I have had nothing but problems with it. The reservoir has been replaced twice and I'm waiting on a part for it again. I have read reviews on the internet and numerous people have complained of the same issue they keep tearing up and making people's cars run hot. Some people have even blown their engines due to this. This is ridiculous and Chevrolet should make it right for every Spark owner.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I regret to buy this piece of crap. Electric problems, Transmission problems, Power steering problems, Rack and pinion problems, Engine problems. I don't want to know anything about the Chevy Traverse. I'm going with Toyota now. Best reliable car.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Poorly Built Vehicle - Just told by dealership I need a new engine for 2012 Chevy Cruze (4 cylinder) with approximately 50k miles. Sure don't make them like Honda. So much for American made, will never buy Chevy again. How is this possible??? POS!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

One owner, one person, great little car for road trips or bobbing around in the city, cheap on gas whether in the city or on road. The most people I would take in a car this size would be 2 people. Great for someone going to college for touring around. I have owned a 1979 Chevette and all I can say is it was the best car I have ever own.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

If anyone thinking about buying a Chevy, maybe you should give it a second thought. My radio quit, been trying, for a month, to buy a new one. Now before you get ahead of me you have to know that a radio is no longer just a radio. My radio (Chevy Sonic) makes all the noises for signal lights, seat belt chime, door ajar, oil pressure, overheat, stop engine, keys left in ignition and maybe some stuff I don't know about. You set all the stuff the car does: Rear wiper, lights on when leave and a dozen other stuff. ALL OF THE ABOVE NO LONGER WORKS.

3 years old and I cannot buy a radio, don't have them, farmed out to another company, back ordered for??? Called a US dealer (just across from me). He said last time he ordered one of them took 6 months. Thought I would buy used, can't. They are tied to your VIN number. Oh, and by the way, the price installed (they have to install, gotta use GM computer) has varied from $1300.00 to $617.50. But because I cannot buy one have not spent any money. DOES GM care, nope, they just tell you the dealer (not you of course) must order and wait. IMPRESSIVE HUH!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Does Chevrolet know they have the worst possible service department ever! General Motors have to re-think their products because you can get service if you need because all the service departments I have been to all have poor service. The truck I purchase is a good looking truck but it always has something wrong with it. I believe they're selling lemons. Don't buy Chevrolet by GMC.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Purchased the 2016 Trax in April of 2016. Since then it has been in the shop 6 times for 3 different issues; which the service department still has not fixed. They also lied many times about fixing the issues and also just recently scammed both myself and the insurance company. This dealership is not to be trusted as they lied to me about the quality of the car when I purchased it. There are manufacturer defects in the car as well. This dealership and the manufacturer have done NOTHING to resolve these major issues with this car. Now; they won't even talk to me. They have basically washed their hands off me without actually taking care of the problem.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased a Brand new (40 miles on it) 2017 Chevy Camaro for my wife. I have owned the car for 5 days and it has been in the shop 3 of those days. The dealership itself has been awesome but the Car itself has not been. We purchased the car Thursday night. It was late when we left the dealership. We drove straight home the next morning. My wife left to meet me for lunch in her new car, leaving her stranded in a parking lot while she waited on a tow truck for 2 1/2 hours! The dealership called and said that the car from the factory had the brake pads installed upside down which caused it to chew up the rotors. It was fixed! Still a little unsettling. The whole reason I purchased her a new car was to NOT have to worry about these kind of issues. The car had to return to the shop AGAIN as it started to pull to the left and we noticed white spots on the paint. At first we thought the white spots might be tire shine. Well they're not!

The Camaro is black and in the Sun it has white golf ball size rings on it. The dealership called and said they sent it to the body shop and that the white spots were from the factory they had not buffed the car well enough. My complaint is I'm paying all this money for her to have a nice car and she has been forced to drive loaner cars from the dealership that are by far NOT comparable to her Camaro or the Jeep Grand Cherokee we traded in. Once Again the Dealership has been great. It's not their fault it came from the factory this way. Buyers beware when purchasing a Chevy! This is the first one we have owned and it's off to a bad start. All I can say is check the car over with a fine tooth comb. Might even want a mechanic to take a look even if it's brand new. Come on GM expected to at least hear you are sorry instead of we made a note.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I purchased the Malibu brand new with 52 miles in March 2016. The first 6 months was good. The gas mileage did not meet what was specified but it wasn't bad. Towards the end of the year my car wouldn't start after stopping at a local grocery store. I had to wait till 2 hours later for it to mysteriously cut back on. Once it did the air was stuck on high and the radio wouldn't come on. Took it the following Monday to the dealership that determined the computer needed a reboot. Everything was fine for a few more months then the car cut off again. This time the dealership could not find anything. The car continued to cut off randomly at times while driving. Each time two different Chevrolet dealerships could not find the problem or cause. I am concerned for my safety as this occurs while driving. This makes me rethink and question the brand Chevrolet.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The Equinox would be a decent family vehicle, but it has no vents in the second row which is uncomfortable in the summer heat for backseat passengers, especially children buckled into a molded, covered plastic child seat directly behind the passenger or driver seat, dependent on the direction of air flow from the vents in the dashboard which are the ONLY vents in the car. This is not a sedan; it is a much larger vehicle that takes time for the air to circulate to the back seat, and even then it is not directly toward the back passengers who are seated directly behind the front seats. That said, the Equinox 4-cylinder gives excellent gas mileage and a good linear ride on the highway.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have driven a standard vehicles, all Japanese, for all my life over 30 years. First time I decide to give an American manufacturer a chance for my business and they let me down. The Camaro clutch went out at 28,000 miles. I wrote a complaint letter and after reviewing my complaint they did not want to reimburse me for the repair.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My Tahoe LTZ is all and more they said it would be. It is very stylish and beautiful. It has "snap" when you press on the gas at zero and even snap at 60 miles per hour. There is plenty of room for 6 people but I will say that the 2 sitting in the very back need to be agile or of the younger generation. Overall, I love my Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I would buy another one all over again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

In February 2017 I purchased a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe with 26 miles, brand new. When it hit 2000 miles, the Tahoe stopped by itself, took it to the dealership, found nothing. Second time at 3300 again it stopped, stalled, took it again, found nothing. Third time 4500, took it in, replaced negative battery cable. Fourth time 5357, took it in, replaced fuse box. Really. Unbelievable. Frustrated, not confident in vehicle, safety issue. What to do, suggestions. Anyone.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

My Dad worked for GM for over 30 plus years on the line and other departments in the Ohio plant so with total shock pulling into his retirement home in FL 2 yrs ago. We see a Hyundai SUV parked in the driveway. After 10 mins of dogging him out about it. His came back with what most of you suspect. With demand for trucks and SUVs rising year after year GM has gone to cheaper parts in drive train and once damn good engines 200k without a problem. At the same time prices keep going up for some plastic bling that hides the crap underneath. I myself have been a chevy guy for over 40 yrs and many good cars and truck over the years... But no longer!!! Next truck end of this year will be a Tundra Ford and Dodge have problems of their own. For what is worth the Hyundai now has over 100k with zero problems in FL heat and traffic... Would I buy one? NO...Well maybe the genesis v8 425hp.

Original review: July 14, 2017

2011 Chevy Aveo - This car has been nothing but trouble and a headache!! I've had to constantly get this car repaired! I got this car in 2014, with 35,000 miles. It's now July 2017, 76,000 miles and I've had so many misfires, have to change the thermostat, alternator, spark plugs constantly, head gasket, fuses, hoses, and I am still making payments on this car. Chevy isn't any help!!! I'm at the point I want to upside down it and I just started building my credit, so this sucks! Don't buy or finance this car, big mistake!!! CHEVY IS HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Chevy silverado 2009 - $800 mirror replacement for a right front turn signal bulb out. A poor assembly in the right side mirror needed to be replaced to make a right turn signal, in the front only, work. It's GM's issue, no fault of mine. GM's consumer affairs is less than accountable. Out of warranty, yet no damage other than the wiring, and 60,021 miles. Proof in the mirror I have. They caused the issue, but it's mine. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I purchased my Chevrolet Equinox 2012 on 05-29-2015 from Chevrolet of Spartanburg in Spartanburg, South Carolina. I took it back to the dealer the next day during the lemon law period in South Carolina. I expressed a concern that rain was coming in from the outside when it rained. They stated they could not find any issue and I probably left a window or my sunroof open (even though I'm pretty good about closing them). I am living in a different state for the summer and it constantly rains. My floor boards of my driver and passenger side has been flooded. I expressed my concern with a dealership in my current local area and they expressed they do not handle my particular issue and an outside contractor comes in for the work. I called the contractor and he couldn't get me in until the following week.

While waiting for that week to approach I contacted Chevrolet Customer Service Department. There was a case created and when I called back I spoke to an RJ who was very rude and would not allow me to speak with a manager. He stated that one would call me back and I never heard anything back from one. I called once more and the agent stated because it's out of warranty it's not likely I will get a reimbursement. She stated that she escalated the situation, but I do not have faith in this company to do the right thing by its customers. Upon reviewing my car there was a total of $350 in charges for water coming from a missing drain in the sunroof and of course it is now out of warranty. Also while reviewing that issue he uncovered another stating that it looks like an A-Pillar was cut and is an extreme safety hazard and there were also visor retainers missing.

The mechanic expressed to me the only way to miss these details is if the person was not trained and/or did not care about the vehicle. Below is an image I was able to get stating that my vehicle was touched by Chevrolet within warranty and their mechanics supposedly fixed the head trim where the problem occurred. My father is a mechanic and he told me there is no way that a hose would shorten within two years because it should last a lifetime of the vehicle. I no longer feel safe in my vehicle, but this is my only means of transportation.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Chevrolet customer service is deplorable. I had an ignition lock recall on my 2005 Equinox. It was replaced 3 times. Still had issues. On the 4th time at the dealership, I was told it was fine but the key was bent, so they made new key and charged me. The 5th time, the problem was the housing that holds the ignition lock in place. I was now told the recall was not a recall but a special policy. Since the policy does not outline the housing in it, it is not covered.

I checked with an auto parts place and asked if the housing would wear out due to a bad ignition lock and they said that would be the only reason a housing would wear out. I took this information back and said that I felt due to the faulty initial part, that caused the new problem. I again was told that there was nothing they could do. Then, I began a long process of dealing with the Chevrolet customer service. Everyone was very friendly, but they still did nothing. I would never buy a GM product ever again! I am out the money and more than that, I have zero confidence that the problem is solved. My guess is that I will always deal with ignition issues.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I purchased my 2011 Chevy Traverse to accommodate my growing family. We liked our car and the room. Soon after buying our car we went about 6000 miles and noticed our AC was blowing cold then went to blowing hot. The driver side dash makes a weird tossing sound. The transmission when in drive on hills, let's you roll back. Even in park the vehicle still rolls. It's hard to deal with when cars are close and the car just wants to roll back.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have read and read the reviews about the transmission and about being hesitant to go after you make a stop at sign or light. My 2015 Chevrolet truck does that and has 26,000 miles on it. Brought it in and was told that it's normal and there is NOTHING they can do about it. My uncle has the exact same truck brand new and it does not do the same thing as mine. I told that to the service tech and his exact response was, "He got lucky!!!" Jerk!! I was so upset about that. Have had no help with this. I am scared when driving my truck because it could cause an accident or something. And ALL you get from our local Chevy service people is, "There is NOTHING we can do." Unacceptable!! I wish I never bought this truck!! I have paid off 4 Chevy Silverados and NEVER had this issue. What is there to do next?

Original review: March 5, 2017

I own a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. While I was driving down the highway in Chicago Illinois at approx 55 mph the vehicle self accelerated to the maximum throttle position (pedal went to the floor). I could not get the vehicle to stop. Applied both feet to brake pedal while moving like a bullet. The vehicle suddenly lost power and I lost control of the vehicle spinning me around at approx 80 mph and crashing into the median wall now facing on coming traffic with cars trying to avoid crashing into me. Most horrific and scariest experience in my life. Not a single airbag deployed leaving me with serious injuries and a completely totaled vehicle! When I contacted GM to complain about this issue they told me they would escalate my complaint and someone would contact me within 24 hours.

However a week went by and no one has called to follow up, apologize, and or even offer concern and I contacted them every day after the accident. I was constantly told the same story "someone would be in touch"! This happened February 22, 2017. As a loyal GM customer I am highly upset!! And will never purchase another GM product as long as I live! I have owned nothing but GM my entire life but never again. This company cares nothing about life whatsoever. They only care about the almighty dollar! After doing research I found several complaint about this unintended acceleration issue as well as no airbag deployment. Only by the grace of god I am alive today! Shame on you GM. You have lost a customer for life and I will tell the world how selfish and inconsiderate you are about caring, about quality of your cars, as well standing up for your mistakes!

I could have killed my family as well as other families in the process and they won't even recall the vehicles to prevent further crisis situations. They won't do so until many families have died and it cost more to pay the claims than to recall the vehicles. As a 701 union mechanic I would be ashamed to even be employed by this so called manufacturer! Owner beware. If you own a Chevrolet Trailblazer get park it now and get rid of it! Don't take it to be service. They will most likely turn you around and say your vehicle is fine! Salvage that vehicle and do your research before you buy anything else!

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have had issue after issue with this 2010 Traverse and it's to a point where my mechanic has no idea what is continuing to cause it. I almost got into an accident! With no warning, the traction control shuts off, service StabiliTrak, service traction control, engine power is reduced messages flash, then the vehicle slows abruptly and won't go over 20mph. Mechanic replaced 4 sensors and a wheel bearing thinking those were causing the disconnect. And it happened again today! I nearly caused an accident because of the abrupt power reduction. Spoke with Chevrolet who said they wouldn't do anything about it other than set me up an appointment with the local dealership, all at my expense. I feel scared to drive my daughter in this vehicle!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

A friend of mine told me I should contact ConsumerAffairs about all the issues I've been having with my 2010 CHEV EQUINOX. At this point I don't feel safe driving the vehicle because of the numerous recalls and manifold/motor replacements since I purchased it a few years back. The local GMC dealership in Sydney NS refuses to help me any longer with reoccurring exhaust/manifold issues that has been addressed many times in the past. It now produces a very bad sour smell inside my car especially when warming it up and I'm afraid that even if I replace it at my own cost ($1200 + estimate parts and labor), it will happen again.

I have to drive my wife to work every day. This is winter and I have to open the windows which is not an ideal situation in Feb! A couple of mechanic friends of mine said that GM never really figured out the proper fitting/issue with the manifold. It keeps overheating or something and warps causing it to leak exhaust into the vehicle... Unsafe conditions for me and my family!!

I have called GM Client Care regarding getting it fixed properly recently in Jan 2017 but after speaking with higher-ups, apparently it's like 10K over the emissions warranty. By the way, the service manager at the local GM dealership in Sydney said I was within the emissions warranty that would expire at 190K (right now it's at 140K), and he would try to get the manifold replaced if the catalytic converter, which connects to the manifold, was gone... Apparently the catalytic converter is not gone so the work will not be covered? It's all really confusing at this point. I am stuck with another year and a half of payments at $175 biweekly, very costly to me, and I seem to be driving an unsafe vehicle and no one will help. I mean this vehicle is a 2010 and as it stands, never had a chance right out of the blocks... Too many issues to mention, although I've listed many below.

I'm hoping you can help or point me in the right direction to either getting this manifold and associated parts fixed or get the vehicle recalled altogether and a have them replace it with something of equal value... Or give me the Blue Book value ($11,000 roughly) and I would buy a brand new vehicle from GM, or whoever. Like I said I'm not sure what to do. I just really want it fixed, but I'll take anything that is fair at this point.

My brief maintenance history. 50, 000 kilometers - motor replaced, 75,000 kilometers - manifold and O2 Sensor replaced, 110,000 kilometers - manifold and O2 Sensor replaced again, 140,000 kilometers - manifold and O2 Sensor needs replacing again. Since 2012 I have been sent over a dozen recall notices from exhaust, excessive oil consumption, rough starting, to wiper motor replaces, to rust on the driver doors, etc, etc.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Purchased a 2012 Chevy Suburban on Feb 4, 2012. Current mileage is approx. 19,170. Where should I start? The buying experience was of course easy and welcoming. However after that everything went downhill. The first problem I experienced was I found a lease paper in the truck with someone name on it. I do not know if I still have this paper or not. However the mileage in and out was not disclosed on the paper. I was told the vehicle had 10 miles on it. When I left the dealership and upon finding these papers I checked the trucks mileage it stated the truck had 160 miles on it not 10. I let it slide.

The next issue was the metal piece inside the body stripping was rusting through the rubber. Rust was oozing out of this body stripping on all four doors. The truck was only 1 year old. I took the truck to the dealership I had purchased from. The service personnel at the dealership told me this isn't the rust belt nothing rust here it is just dirty water all Suburbans gets dirty water there. Knowing he was being smart I took the truck to a body shop.

The body shop took photos and said this is warranty work. When the guy pulled the molding apart rusty water spewed out at him. I stated, "Try getting that done down at Chevy so I want you to fix it." He stated he would be glad to fix it but he wouldn't charge me he would charge Chevy since it was warranty work and each of these door strips cost 120 dollars plus. He said he would call me. Several hours later my phone was blowing up with calls from the dealer. Come to find out the dealership doesn't have a body shop and that shop does paint and body work for them.

Well Chevy reps were going crazy. They asked me to bring the truck in to inspect it again. So I did. The manager of the service department stated to me, "I could blame this on you but you take too good care of this truck." He was infuriated with me to say the least. I told him what his employee said to me and he was even more livid. It took a total of 3 to 4 weeks before they called me with the new molding to install in the truck. After all that nonsense a year later that molding was also starting to rust. This is because Chevy doesn't seal the molding and there is a slit where the piece join and water gets down in there from washing the truck and such.

The next issue I was having troubles {and still do} with my tranny getting up to 195 degree temps driving in the city in the summer. I do not tow with this truck. The running temps of these trannys are 175. These Suburbans run hot. So I decided I would order an auxiliary external tranny cooler. When I went to the same dealership to get it installed I sat there for 4 hours before they came and told me, "The part wouldn't fit we tried every way possible to get it to fit and it won't." "Why were you trying to force the wrong part to fit my truck," I asked. They didn't respond.

Come to find out these Suburbans can take two different tyranny coolers one cheaper and the one for my truck a whopping 374 dollars.The cheaper one is about 100 dollars. That's not including installation. I said forget it and walked off. One time I had looked up a part online and it stated the sale price and the normal price. When I went to that dealership they did not charge me the sale price but the full price for a part that was on sale.

The next issue we had a cold winter in 2014/15 and the beginning of 2015 my OEM battery died. I called Chevy roadside they were the best so far. The truck being under extended warranty major guard a 2500 dollar warranty. Knowing it did not cover the battery but I had to go to the dealership to get the truck serviced because of warranty. I called the dealer and they were too busy to put a battery in my truck. There is only 2 Chevy dealers in town and both stink. So I digress I drove the truck the next 6 days on that jump then it died again.

Chevy roadside came out again and jumped it told me the cells were about all dead. I drove to that same dealer. Meanwhile my volts were jumping everywhere from 17 down to 13 up to 16 down to 12. I was scared the truck was going to shut off. At the dealership the service rep said that battery wasn't under warranty and I agreed since the bumper to bumper was expired. I asked for a ACDelco gold to be installed. A 200 dollar battery. The dealer was having a battery sale so it was a little cheaper. Sitting in the waiting room, I had been up for 20 hours, the same guy comes and tells me the mechanic thinks the battery is under warranty so we are trying to charge it.

That shows you how these people treat warranty work. Trying to recharge a battery that over half the cells are dead it's not a wise move. I snapped at the guy and said, "Hey I thought we agreed that battery isn't under warranty and I asked for a new battery so why wasn't it put in so I can go?" Finally after 3 long hours I got the new battery. It's weird because every time Chevy roadside sends someone to jump my truck they look for the battery on the driver's side and when not finding it there think someone stole my battery.

My battery is located on the passenger side and I have an empty slot for a second battery. So I'm wondering if these trucks need two batteries when towing. I digress. That was the last time I went to that dealership. Since I have replaced my OEM battery my truck has other problems. My daytime running lamps work off and on. Two months don't work then one magical week will. Another problem when I turn my A/C on this terrible "vrrr" noise from under the hood and my volts plummet very quickly.

I just sit and watch the volts plummet down to 12. I have to turn off the A/C then the volts go back up. Other times there is a 50/50 chance the volts will either read 14.2 or they rise up to 16. Before the OEM battery went out my volts always read 14.2. Now GM tries to tell me the voltage regulator isn't correct? It read 14.2 for three years. It's correct. I guess another battery is being fried. I can go to the store, park, turn off, come back out 40 minutes later turn on and automatically the volts are 16 and will stay there the whole 30 minute trip home. No phone or laptop charging etc. So there is no extra load on the voltage regulator. Come out the next day turn on and drive the volts will be 14.2.Next trip volts are soaring.

So I went to GMC. I told them about it. I asked them to check my alternator. After checking the alternator they told me there was nothing wrong with it and they said there is a TSB on these trucks that they will do this. I called Chevy themselves and Chevy asked for my VIN number. I gave it and Chevy said that the TSB was not attached to my VIN. So remember TSBs are attached to VIN numbers and not all models. This is what Chevy told me. However Chevy did nothing to help me with either one of their dealerships to get these problems fixed.

I had enough of their lack of customer service. They only seem to care about getting that 50,000. They don't make them like they used to. Right after my bumper to bumper expired in 2015, after that cold snap, I noticed I have the infamous cracked dash. On the left side of my passenger airbag. Then just this January after the temps got down to 28 I noticed one night my dash was bowed inward and had actually came apart from its own seam. The part by the windshield is now loose. It appears to me these dashes cannot take temperature fluctuations.

My dash had contracted from the cold and was literally bowed downward to where I could easily place my finger under the dash part by the windshield. This part of my dash contains a sensor I believe it's for the lights on the truck. I read on the internet that apparently at one time Chevy was trying to blame the dashes cracking because people using Armor all. Well Chevy I got some news for you I DO NOT USE Armor all. I pay the 16 to 18 bucks plus tax for the ACDelco tire dressing.

A Wisconsin lawsuit alleges GM knows about this defect. According to the suit, GM hired a company to see if common cleaning products like Armor all were to blame. See I buy GM products to clean a GM product. I use the detailer, carpet cleaner and this ACDelco tire dressing all are sold at the dealerships. These products did not keep my dash from cracking nor my running boards fading to gray. So which is defective their dashes or their cleaning products? Buyer beware!

The Chevy dealerships and the one GMC I dealt with were kissing face to get that paper in their hand but when business got real they never helped me get my truck fixed. Don't let Chevy tell you that your dash is cracking cause Armor all. I purchase about 2 to 3 bottles of this Tire Dressing stuff a year plus use a sun visor. The product does not keep running boards from fading and cannot keep a defective dash from cracking. It's good for leather seats though. So I use GM product that states will help prevent dashes from cracking and my dash cracks and splits and comes apart. Now a new dash plus labor around 1300 for a replacement 2007 2012 dash.

The same dash? Thing will crack again probably and if it does then I would have spent 433.33 a year for three years before the cracks return or 260 a year for 5 years before the dash cracks again. That's more a year for a dash than regular maintenance. If it was a 20,000 dollar automobile I would expect such things. Chevy always brags about exquisite quality. This is not that at all. Too much heartache, grief and nonsense over this truck and its needs. I have included photos. One of them you will see the body molding and if you look closely you can see a rust line on the paint coming from it.

88865221 - GM/AC Delco Vinyl, Rubber and Tire Dressing - 16 oz. This product is an interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, tire and plastic cleaner, conditioner, and protectant. The product is a non-greasy, premium conditioner that provides outstanding long lasting shine and protection to all tire, rubber, vinyl, and leather surfaces. The products water based formula leaves surfaces shiny, protected and dry-to-the touch. The rich pH balanced conditioning formula penetrates beyond the surface to help rejuvenate and maintain pliability and integrity of the covering. It is specially formulated with ultraviolet blocking agents to help keep surfaces from cracking, fading and hardening, defending them against the harmful rays of the sun.

Chevy reps and employees have been extremely rude and arrogant towards me. I cannot get my truck fixed with the 2500 dollar warranty I bought from Chevy since the dealerships throw a fuss about warranty work and don't seem to like to do so. This ACDelco tire dressing did not prevent or help prevent my dash from cracking nor keep my running boards from fading to grey. This truck seems to have some sort of electrical problem and I don't trust driving it anymore. I do not recommend paying 50,000 for this truck. If Consumer Affairs would like to see anymore photos or receipts please let me know. Thank you.

Chevrolet Company Information