4.0/5 (627 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I bought 3 automobiles in the amount of two years starting 2018, we bought all the bumper to bumper warranties tires and everything. Well within the last couple of years the service department is horrible. I’ve had all three of my cars out there several times with problems and they have never been fixed. The car sits there. They never call when they’re are done. I’ve called to try and address the problems with the service manager and the store manager and they never return your calls but yet they’re calling to beg me to buy another car from them. Yeah right. Never again!!!!

I brought my CHEVY MALIBU car in because my tire was flat and I have coverage on tires and they told me it just needed air. A day later my tire is flat again. L, that was my last experience on November 9th. Then before that was the GMC TERRIAN made an appointment for on October 29th. The suv sat there most of the day until we called and they told use the parts were not even ordered yet, so we went and picked up the car. Last year was my CHEVY TRAVERSE Which I was charged $100 for and the problem was never fixed. It still makes the noise today. From Tammy **

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

My son & I went in to Victorville Chevrolet Cadillac with our KBB Instant Cash Offer of $16,450 to sell them a 2017 Nissan Rogue AWD. We were blindsided by their egregious tactic as they negated our profit & basically stole the car out from under us to double their profit. Total amt owed us on that sell is $11,180. They turned our sell into a trade and kept the money and the car. There is nothing legitimate about it i.e. since they have given us an illegible copy of the contract and refuse to do otherwise. The total funds came to 41k+ for a 2022 Chevy Trax. This dealer doubled their funds on the sale to us and now double again when they sale the Rogue to somebody else. Can you please tell me how this is at all fair business practice?

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

In March of 2022, I had my 2019 Chevy Traverse towed to the service dept at Webb Chevy Oak Lawn. They asked us to consider trading in our car for a 2022 version. When we sat to discuss vehicles we found that we'd been defrauded by the initial salesman in 2019. Quick backstory (Yep, it counts). Our salesman told us that the vehicle we selected had all the bells and whistles we asked for. Hours later, when they brought our car around it didn't have the power options, liftgate, remote starter, etc. The store was closing and we spent the next several weeks calling our salesman and never hearing back. After calling the manager repeatedly and not getting an answer we stopped trying and just committed to never shop at Webb Chevy again.

When we sat with Kory to get the 2022 traverse, we found that the original salesperson recorded that we got the car we asked for and returned it. That should've been enough of a sign to think twice about the decision. However, we proceeded. After several hours of credit checks and verification, we were done. Finally, the car we'd planned on 3 years earlier. Then they told us that the car wasn't there. The car we wanted was in Michigan and would be delivered in about 3 weeks. That was almost 6 months ago. And now, we're back to calling every few days. No call back from the manager. No car. We still have our old vehicle. But we're paying the higher note for the new vehicle. Webb Chevy is trash. I'm not sure I'd accept a free car from here.

Original review: May 31, 2022

This truck and the local dealer. Covert in Hutto, TX. I bought their service package and took my truck in for the 1st time at 7,000 miles to get the 1st oil change. They Dropped the truck off of their service lift. Puncture the fuel tank and who knows what else but instead of replacing the truck they decided just to fix it. I was pissed and refused to sign anything with them after they gave me my truck back knowing that more issue will probably arise due to this. Now truck has 69,000 miles on it and how convenient that it is just past the manufacturer warranty and now I need an a/c compressor replaced $2500.00 and the transmission is out $5000. $7500.00 in repairs with such low mileage. I expect better Chevrolet than what this is.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. It has right at 92k miles. It started making a clicking noise, took it to the dealership on February 16th and they tore it apart. Come to find out it needs a whole new engine. Thank God it was covered under the CPO power train warranty. However, it has been in the shop since February 16, 2022 and they say it could take up to 3 months or longer before they get an engine. At first the dealership did not want to give me a rental because they said it was not covered. So I had to find transportation for about a week. I talked with GM and a vehicle is to be provided since it was covered under warranty. So then the dealership provided me with a 2017 Chevy Cruze. It was VERY dirty and disgusting inside.

Drove this for a few days and then the dealership talked with GM and was told a vehicle is to be provided. So they provided me with a 2019 Chevy equinox, not a bad vehicle as it did have some options that my Tahoe has but not the same. Drove this to until 4/12 and they gave me another 2019 Chevy equinox but it is the plain stripped down version and does not compare to my Tahoe. Still no ETA on when they will get a engine. I pay a big monthly payment for my vehicle to SIT on the dealership lot and just waiting and waiting.

Then the vehicle that I get is not comparable to what I drive. I have filed a case with GM and they call me weekly to tell me still no ETA on when a engine will be made. You ask them any other questions and they don’t know, no help at all. I just want a engine for my vehicle so it can be replaced and I can get my vehicle back and drive. I have had many other issues with this vehicle. Once my vehicle gets repaired, I will not be purchasing another GM vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The battery is located in the trunk of the car. I show up to work and I smell burning wires. That's the smell I smell inside the car. I opened my door and I see smoke coming out of the cracks of my trunk I freak out, I popped my trunk open and see there's a fire inside my trunk. The day prior I was working on a vehicle so I had my toolbox, a brand new can of carb cleaner in my trunk where tools should go. Well the can had hit the battery terminals and my toolbox managed to find its way on top of the can causing the spark and the contents inside the can obviously kept the flame going caught the toolbox on fire. Thank God nobody was hurt but that's a poor design.

If you're going to put a battery in a trunk as a maker of a car put it in a contained area. A box of some sort. Protect the battery from anything a person may put in their trunk. Or even have another area for storage space for your tools, jumper cables, tow rope things like that keep the battery separated from anything that could be hazardous. That should only be common sense.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado brand new. The touch screen radio quit working. Doesn't respond to touch. Also it does things on its own like blaring the radio full blast, calling people tick tick tick pushing its own buttons. It's caused me a few times a severe scare almost driving off the road because out of nowhere the Radio goes full blast!!! I only have 36,000 miles on it and warranty is over. How convenient. The transmission from day one slips, seems like it's not going to shift and hard shifts enough to jolt ya! I am really upset with this vehicle. I've learned my uncle has a 2016 Z style Colorado and his is doing the same exact thing. My cousin's Impala radio does the same thing. It doesn't work! There should be a recall on these items and I can't understand why there isn't yet. What do we as owners have to do?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

For those of you driving 2016-2018 there’s a legitimate “recall” out for a warning msg reduced power mode. Luckily my mechanic hates these death traps and told me to spread the word. Get these POS off the road. Went from 70mph to 10 in seconds. Sound familiar?? If so call dealership give them this recall code and get it replaced on their dollar. ****recall***** (It’s called a special request recall) no difference to me other than the public is unaware. Needed new pedal accelerator, sensor and a shifter, new wiring because they used glue which melted our wiring around the pedal. Chevy is scamming the recall process. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have always said Chevrolet was the best vehicles; but I was wrong. My next car will NOT be a Chevrolet. I bought a 2019 Chevrolet Malibu in 2020 with approximately 40,000 miles. In November of 2021 the car just died as I was driving. My mechanic finally discovered the issue. An electric modulator went out. Since I bought the car used, Chevrolet refused to cover the cost. Thanks Chevrolet for nothing. Won’t waste my money again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

The biggest issue with this service department was the time it took for an oil change and tire rotation, 5 HOURS, but I have listed all the details below.

Pros:
    - Service was completed

- Service consultant was pleasant

Cons:

- Timing. It took this service department from 10:15 am to 3:15 pm, 5 HOURS, to complete an oil change and tire rotation. I scheduled my appointment online and was told when I arrived that it might take up to 3.5 hours. I was not happy but needed the oil change today and assumed it might include something like a basic exterior wash for the time. At the 4-hour mark, I called the service department to get an update. After a few moments of not being able to find my car, I was told to give them another 1.5 hours to complete the service.

- Price. When scheduling my appointment online, the dealership was offering a coupon for $29.95 + tax. The only fine print, directly from the coupon, was, “Tire balancing, tax, and more than 6 quarts of oil extra.”. Since I did not see a line item for tire balancing or more than 6 quarts of oil, I asked why I was being charged $12.89 more than the coupon, before tax. I was told that prices have gone up and they could not honor the coupon price. If that is the case, the coupon needs to be removed from the website.

- “Shuttle”. I advised the service department I would be waiting there for my car. It was at that point they offered a shuttle, via Lyft, within 10 miles of the dealership. I opted to take them up on the offer, but just across the highway to the mall. At 4.5 hours, I ended up walking back to the dealership since my phone was about to die so there was no way I would be able to coordinate the shuttle back between the dealership and Lyft. At the time of payment, I see a charge for, “Incidental Reimbursement” in the amount of $5.67. I can only assume this was for the “shuttle service” they would take care of within 10 miles.

- Lack of attention to detail. When I received the bill, I noticed a charge of just over $22 for 2 bolts. I knew I would have to pay for the bolts but remembered the conversation advising it would be around $4 and change, per bolt. I had to ask why the charge was so high before they even noticed it. Lastly, upon getting in my car, I noticed in the 5 hours they had the vehicle, no one could be bothered to reset the oil life indicator.

Chevrolet Company Information