2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have owned a big variety of vehicles Ford's Dodge Volkswagen Etc. My first car was a Chevy 1968 Chevelle Malibu El Camino. Really nice car. Never had any issues with it. Really tough engine. Great transmission. My second one was a 1969 Chevy Impala. Never had any issues. Both of them nice old muscle cars I put together myself. Put a lot of money into it. Was all Chevy parts. You can't go wrong with them. I put a small block 400 in the El Camino and a 350 in the Impala both with Turbo 350 Transmission. I would recommend Chevrolet product to anybody. I really enjoyed both these vehicles that was in my younger years when it was all about speed and looks. Now it's more about comfort and safety. Chevrolet has all of that wrapped up in their vehicles now. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

While my Tahoe was a little pricey, I absolutely love it! I have owned Chevys most of my life; Camaros, Z-28s, Chevelle Malibu, Impala. Prior to buying my Tahoe, I had a couple of "non Chevy" automobiles. However, my favorite T.V. show is Criminal Minds, and I wanted a car just like the ones they drove. I kept my eye out for a good deal on a Tahoe, so I could own my "dream" car, and, finally saw it as I passed by a Chevy dealership. I popped into the lot, test drove it and "that's all she wrote". I trust Chevys, so there was no research needing to be done! It has so many features, that even today, I still find things extras on this car that I didn't know I had. I feel very safe and secure driving it!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We purchased a 2014 current and last style Impala to be manufactured. The Impala was driven less than 12000 miles. It is without question the finest automobile we have ever had the pleasure of driving. The ride is terrific, provides consistent 29 miles per gallon or slightly better in ideal conditions. The automobile has all the bells and whistles save factory navigation. We enjoy each and every amenities on this vehicle save one item. I'm not a real fan of low profile tires. We will soon remedy the low-profile malady by downsizing from 245 45 r19 to a 17 in wheel which will be very close in total circumference with a much higher sidewall.

This will provide a much gentler ride over bumps, bumps and road imperfections and still odometer and transmission will operate correctly. I am currently researching correct replacement wheel so as to accommodate the larger brakes on this vehicle. Offset and bolt pattern must be adhered too. I really believe in days to come current SUV fanatics will come to realize the sedan was a good buggie. For the life of me I do not understand and yet I do. What does not sell you bring off the market! So happy I was able to get one, and almost a new one, suits me. Lots of room and a joy to operate.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I currently have a 2004 Silverado 1500, a "dream" of many years. Aside from the general maintenance of any vehicle (breaks and the likes) this truck is AMAZING! I give, as an example: about a year ago, I was about 50 miles from home when the coolant line sprung a leak! I'd noticed a small puddle under the vehicle when I came out of the store where I'd been shopping, but thought it was condensation. On the drive back, through some rather rural area, I noticed a slight increase on the temperature gauge so I drove with care not to over-exert the engine. Taking the truck immediately to the mechanic, they opened the reservoir for the coolant to find it completely dry!

Repairs were made and subsequently I learned that these vehicles have a "protection" against over-heating! It saved my day, my purchases, my sanity, to be sure. This truck, even at its age, has been a blessing, helping me move house, hauling brush and wood, it's amazing in snow, and I live in a mountainous region in Northern New York state where Winters can be quite brutal. As for the rating given about the cost, quite honestly, I find the cost of motor vehicles these days to be rather unreasonable over all. But even for the basic Silverado, I would say, considering the peace of mind and safety, I've experienced with mine, the price is "reasonable." Could be better (lower of course), but as is: perfectly reasonable. I recommend the model to everybody, even those who think trucks are out of their personal style. Drive one, you'll be stuck forever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Too bad GM killed this car. 2018 is the last year for the 6 speed manual. Not even available in the 2019, and now, GM thought it was a great marketing move to kill all of their cars that normal people can afford. My car has been very reliable, and on a recent Buffalo to Chicago trip, averaged nearly 50 MPG. It also has a great deal of useable power and torque with the manual box. A 1.3 litre turbo 4 is not the slug you might expect. I don't want an SUV or truck of ANY kind. I want a car that's fun to drive and handles well. That's why GM is getting it back in a week when my lease is up - and isn't leasing me anything else. After leasing me my last 4 cars. I've replaced it with a 21 year old car in excellent condition, which pays for itself in about a year of not making payments. Now I can buy something really fun instead - another motorcycle!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased a new Chevrolet for reliability and to transport my family. I've had it for 2 months and 2k miles and it's been nothing but a nightmare and headache. It's been at a dealership 3 different times for multiple days at a time and I've been given no loaner. So now instead of me being able to provide transportation for my family back and forth to school I'm unable to do that. This is absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I chose a new GM vehicle over your competitors and it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I would not recommend this company. All the GM support advisors do is schedule appointments, they don't care about your concern, nor do they care to get to the bottom of the actual problem. I've had my 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV for a year and a half now and Have had lots of electronics problems. They tell me they can't use a video to fix the issue that if it's not malfunctioning at the time when it's at the dealer, they won't fix it. Of course the car comes out of its bumper to bumper warranty by mileage and the entire infotainment fails and the other issues I've complained about will finally get fixed at my extended warranty's expense and my $100 deductible.

I call to speak with a senior advisor, they don't call back, they don't call when you tell them to call and will do what they want, when they want. This is the worst car company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I've had Hondas, Fords, VWs and Chevy and Chevy has been the worst ownership experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I come from a family that prided itself on owning Chevrolet trucks – trucks that ran for 200K+ miles. That came to an end for me today. I own a 2016 Suburban LT that's used as our primary family vehicle. At just over 64K miles, the car started to show signs of a delayed shifting between P, R, and D. It would hesitate and then jump into gear. The vehicle would also shake when on the highway and shifting between gears. The dealer first suggested re-programming the transmission and a fluid flush at a cost of $700, but the symptoms persisted. Upon further investigation by the transmission technician, I was presented with a price of $7,000 to replace the transmission with a remanufactured one.

Visibly frustrated, the dealer suggested that I could approach GM about cost sharing of the repair, but only after performing a tear down of the transmission which was another $1,500. The dealer suggested that they needed to tear down the transmission so that they could identify precisely what went wrong and then report back to GM via a software application (not person to person interaction). Also, how convenient for GM and the dealer to have my vehicle taken apart before presenting me with a cost sharing proposal. GM already knows that the transmission needs to be replaced - and after it's replaced, the broken transmission is sent back to GM to be remanufactured and sold to another dissatisfied customer whose transmission has failed because of poor mechanical craftsmanship.

After several conversations with GM's Sr. Advisor and a Supervisor, which knew very little about transmissions or repairs in general, I was told that they would not consider any cost sharing until the tear down was performed - and it was my full responsibility to pay the $1,500 for tear down. So, before even knowing the full cost of repairing the vehicle, I need to pay $2,200? GM doesn't need the transmission torn down to address my issue. The Sr. Advisor and Supervisor should have had autonomy to escalate and do what’s right – which is be highly empathetic; own the mechanical flaw in craftsmanship; problem solve with me; and tell me that they’ll pay a certain percentage of the total repair cost to replace the transmission with one that’s been remanufactured.

But, they didn’t do that; they didn’t stand by their product or their customer commitment. To me, it’s disgusting to see on GM’s website that they "pride themselves on ensuring an exceptional ownership experience”. It’s a poor product and terrible company – that’s why they reduced the power train warranty from 100K in 2015 to 60K in 2016 – and have a class action lawsuit against them on the Yukon XL (not sure why Suburban is not on here, but will investigate). Ford may not be any better, but that’s where I’m headed – and that never would have happened had GM stood by their craftsmanship issue and done everything that they could have to satisfy me as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Lies! Do not let them pull your credit! The General Manager Chevrolet Jim ** on the River in Tulsa, informed me that they work with all types of credit and that he was certain with a my 560 credit score he could get me in a car. He lied, the car lot stated I needed a co-signer and would have to trade in my current vehicle on top of that. That’s with $2,000 down all for an $18,000 vehicle. Also when the pulled my credit, as to what they called as a “soft hit” turned into 5 inquiries all from my application with them. I would not only NOT recommend them, I will advocate against any potential buyers from even contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I LOVE my 2013 Sonic Hatchback, but I HATE CHEVY MARKETING!!! I've tried for 7 years to get off their mail list and they ignore EVERY Request!!! I've already stopped using their service dept. I am SO SICK on getting their "Certified Service" mailings and they won't stop. I've tried opting out by calling GMC, The Dealer and using the gmcontactpreferences dot com, but these arrogant jerks have ignored my requests for 7 YEARS!!! What a waste of paper. I am sure I scared the crap out of the last person to answer when I called AGAIN to get off the mailing list. I'm selling a car I love, and switching to Honda!

Chevrolet Company Information