3.09/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

73 Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

Chevy Trax 2017 had problems since I bought it. Dealer management changed during process. Wanted them to take it back and get a different car, but they wouldn’t help me. Car pulls to the right so bad it will pull you off road. The service manager said they fixed it, but it’s worse than it was. Trax not comfy, it’s cheap, seats are foam, doesn’t flatten easy in back. Mpg good, but it’s so bouncy and noisy I can’t drive it far. Do not recommend Freeland Chevy or this car. Been Chevy owner many times - worst experience ever!

Original review: June 1, 2018

My husband and I purchased a Chevy Traverse about a year and a half ago and within the first four months it shut down on us twice. We were unable to take the key out of the ignition, unable to turn off the radio, unable to lock our doors. Once this happened in a bad neighborhood and the other time it happened at home. Both times we contacted Mountain View Chevrolet and both times they couldn’t find anything wrong with it and also refused to give us a loaner car while our car was in the shop.

On top of this our front left tire every month or twice a month we would get a tire low warning on our dashboard and we were constantly filling up our tire with air. And once again we notified Mountain View Chevrolet and they refused to do anything about it because it wasn’t covered under warranty and when this happened they noticed that it was the wrong tire that we’ve been filling up. The sensor on our car was wrong and once again they would not fix it because it wasn’t under warranty. I will never buy A car from Chevrolet again. I told him I didn’t want the car and they needed to take it back and they wouldn’t take it back and they said it wasn’t something that they do. I tried to take it to Carmax and they wouldn’t even give me half of what I paid for it or year and a half ago so even they don’t think the car's worth it. I am very unhappy with the customer service at Mountain View Chevrolet.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

4cyl. Surprised of the pep. Live in north country. All wheel drive good on roads. Interior has plenty of room. But the Chevy Equinox's back seat does not drop down flat. Inconvenient when have to pack things full in vehicle. With back seat tipping up this is wasted space.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The Chevy Spark is very economic and easy to find small parking place. It is wonderful enough room for the both of us. Great on gas and has a great radio. It is also has 10 airbags for safety.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The HHR doesn't hold up as I was led to believe. The look is good but very little power for acceleration. Paint is dulling and worn. 2 blind spots backing up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: May 19, 2018

The Chevrolet Traverse's console need to be solved. Leave room for trash bag etc. Cor have great performance. Appearance cannot be beat. Need to be easier get to third set when needed.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My name is Sharon **. My parents own a 2016 Chevy Traverse which is now almost 2 years old and has 31748 miles on it. All 4 tires are showing visible cracking and dry rot in between the treads and on the sidewalls. After a visit to Kurtis Chevrolet Morehead City NC we were told that is was "superficial" and not covered under any warranty. I then contacted GM customer assistance via phone calls and they concurred with the dealership that it was not to be covered. I therefore took it upon myself to contact Goodyear Tire Company by phone.

They sent me to an authorized Goodyear dealer to assess the tires. The gentleman that helped agreed that the tires are visible cracking, dry rotting & that the cracking in the side wall was a major concern. He then contacted Goodyear on my behalf to determine if they would replace or prorate the tires. They determined that they would but at a cost of $639.52. I then contacted Goodyear again and got them to agree to $93.00 per tire. Which is going to cost $428.00 with mounting & balancing. My major concern and complaint with Chevrolet is that they offered no help with this issue. It is a safety issue and they did not seem concerned at all. I hope that someone takes my complaint seriously and reaches out to rectify the situation.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Had an Equinox-Chevy 011, 013, now a 016. Great gas mpg, comfortable, storage area good, mt climbing good, pick-up accelerations need more power, looks great, dependable. Would buy again.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I love the Equinox. This is my second one. It is easy to drive. I love that the rear seat is movable. It's great for older people too. Easy to get in and out makes or easy to get groceries in and out.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I purchased my Chevrolet Equinox used, but it only had 20,000 miles on it. I really love driving it. The seats are VERY comfortable, (found out on a trip that was 1,800 miles one way.) I haven't had to make any 'pricey' repairs on it... yet, and I've got around 45,000 miles on it. I have only taken it in for the oil changes. I rated the value at a 4 only because these cars drop in value the minute you drive them off the lot. I rated performance as a 4 because of winter driving. I have seasonal radials on it now, but I think for next winter I'll be putting snow tires on it, but it IS a great car!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I enjoy my Chevy Camaro, its look and ride. It is a great car and I have had it since 2015. I am the first owner and it only had 3 miles on it when I got it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse and the power windows are all going out. The air stop working. The fluid stop working. The side mirrors are not working. I'm very dissatisfied. I bought it with 32,000 miles. I'm just waiting to see what else.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I bought a Chevrolet Sonic certified preowned and the customer care for routine maintenance is fantastic. This is my first GM model purchase but it will not be my last.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I had the Chevrolet Sonic less than 6 months and had to get a new transmission. They had the car for over 6 weeks. And now same problem all over again and it is dangerous to drive. Gas mileage horrible - less than 30 on highway. Chevrolet and the dealer could care less. They got their money so I am stuck with a bank loan and a dangerous car.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The Chevrolet Equinox LE is an excellent vehicle in all areas including but not prohibited to OnStar the new Chevrolet attachment. It is all of the above and then some, easy ride, lots of space and comfort, seats comfort your body front and back, drives like a dream, handles fantastically and is right on when you need it. It is an amazing vehicle, and it holds its value better than any vehicle we have ever owned. Even after three years of use its value remains high both for trade in and outward sale. It's our choice for present and future, love this SUV.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My 2016 Chevy Malibu rides smooth like whipped cream butter. Best car I have ever owned. It came with OnStar, wi-fi capability, handsfree dialing, and rearview back up camera.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My 2013 Chevy Equinox blows the rear main seal at 61300 miles, known issue on GM 2.4 engines, of course when you look up a TSB ** your vin is not covered, what a surprise. Stay away from GM 2.4 liter anything.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I loved my 03 Chevrolet Cavalier, it was dependable and great on gas. I have had 2 of them but I wouldn't get a third one. Only because I want something different. Enjoyable fast car.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Just know you're buying a American made car. Paint job on new 2016 V6 Chevy Camaro is horrible. Transmission is the worst. Been back to shop 2 times since purchase. I'm upset that I purchased.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The 2014 Chevy Equinox ltz gives us what we expected. Gas mileage, comfort, reliability (98000 miles), and all the important features. The safety features, such as the warning systems have operated when we needed them (car slamming on breaks in front of us). The dealership has been very helpful.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My biggest disappointment was getting in my new car and trying to find the CD player. Alas, there is none. They won't even put one into the car. I have had to transfer my choir CDs to Mp3 player, use a small CDE player which is inadequate, or my phone which I have yet to be able to download the music to. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought this Chevy Equinox. Our other Chevy broke down when we were on vacation and we chose this one not thinking it wouldn't have a CD player.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have the 2015 Chevy Silverado and have been very satisfied with product. Has the comfort of a automobile and drives like a automobile, have had no issues and the manufacturer has been awesome in maintaining it.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My Chevy Cavalier ran for fifteen years, it was a 1990 and a beautiful red. It was the best car I ever own, I have had many Chevys, that was my main car. Such a reliable car, and the many features, was so wonderful. I love my car, it never let me down, it perform excellent in all kind of weather. My cost was 7499, in 1991 well worth as penny.

Original review: April 27, 2018

One of the best modern trucks I have ever owned. Made by an old American company. Compared to most of the plastic features in most imports today. Make America great.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The 2018 Chevrolet Trax is a small SUV base model, that's missing a lot of bells and whistles. Found out the hard way after taking a road trip, there is no cruise control. No center console; no passenger armrest; no camera alarm when backing the vehicle up; one of the USB ports stopped working after 1 mo; feels like the AWD kicks in when it should not. Had an issue with the wifi after the trial period, reported to OnStar however, OnStar didn't tell us they fixed the wifi issue.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We have had this Chevrolet Astro since 2004 and have had no trouble, except for the air conditioner. We had to replace that. That top coat is peeling but it still runs great. We are sorry they stopped making them. Will be replacing it in a year or two.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My first car was a Camaro and my middle son also has one as his first car. Great performance and nothing looks better than a Camaro! It can't be beat!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

My husband and I purchased this vehicle after a car accident totalled our other one. Bought this car used and began noticing issues. We have had to replace the torque sensor which was $600 alone. Many Chevy vehicles were recalled for this issue. Today I get a letter in the mail telling me that the side impact airbag was recalled. But here's the catch, they will only replace it free of charge if it's under 150,000 miles. The vehicle was over that when we bought the car! Airbag light has been on for some time now...

I tried calling Chevy customer service and got nowhere. They asked me repeatedly what the letter said. So after reading it to them 4 times and being told there was no issue, yet I'm holding the letter in my hands that I just opened. I hung up. This by far has been my worst car owning experience ever! I feel that there should be something in place for people that are buying these cars used, my safety is just as important as that of someone purchasing a brand new Chevy vehicle!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Just under 5 years the airbag light came on out of nowhere on my Chevrolet Equinox and it cost 105.00 at Staffalinnos just to diagnose the problem. And although I bought the extended warranty plus the supposed 5 year warranty they said I had a short in my passenger presence module and it was not covered and would be 656.00 plus tax. I called Chevrolet and they will pay 262.40 of the bill.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I love my Chevrolet Malibu. It's been a great car. Gets pretty good gas mileage and has a lot of power and seats 5 passengers. It is 20 years old and runs like a top.

Chevrolet Company Information