2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have owned a big variety of vehicles Ford's Dodge Volkswagen Etc. My first car was a Chevy 1968 Chevelle Malibu El Camino. Really nice car. Never had any issues with it. Really tough engine. Great transmission. My second one was a 1969 Chevy Impala. Never had any issues. Both of them nice old muscle cars I put together myself. Put a lot of money into it. Was all Chevy parts. You can't go wrong with them. I put a small block 400 in the El Camino and a 350 in the Impala both with Turbo 350 Transmission. I would recommend Chevrolet product to anybody. I really enjoyed both these vehicles that was in my younger years when it was all about speed and looks. Now it's more about comfort and safety. Chevrolet has all of that wrapped up in their vehicles now. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

While my Tahoe was a little pricey, I absolutely love it! I have owned Chevys most of my life; Camaros, Z-28s, Chevelle Malibu, Impala. Prior to buying my Tahoe, I had a couple of "non Chevy" automobiles. However, my favorite T.V. show is Criminal Minds, and I wanted a car just like the ones they drove. I kept my eye out for a good deal on a Tahoe, so I could own my "dream" car, and, finally saw it as I passed by a Chevy dealership. I popped into the lot, test drove it and "that's all she wrote". I trust Chevys, so there was no research needing to be done! It has so many features, that even today, I still find things extras on this car that I didn't know I had. I feel very safe and secure driving it!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We purchased a 2014 current and last style Impala to be manufactured. The Impala was driven less than 12000 miles. It is without question the finest automobile we have ever had the pleasure of driving. The ride is terrific, provides consistent 29 miles per gallon or slightly better in ideal conditions. The automobile has all the bells and whistles save factory navigation. We enjoy each and every amenities on this vehicle save one item. I'm not a real fan of low profile tires. We will soon remedy the low-profile malady by downsizing from 245 45 r19 to a 17 in wheel which will be very close in total circumference with a much higher sidewall.

This will provide a much gentler ride over bumps, bumps and road imperfections and still odometer and transmission will operate correctly. I am currently researching correct replacement wheel so as to accommodate the larger brakes on this vehicle. Offset and bolt pattern must be adhered too. I really believe in days to come current SUV fanatics will come to realize the sedan was a good buggie. For the life of me I do not understand and yet I do. What does not sell you bring off the market! So happy I was able to get one, and almost a new one, suits me. Lots of room and a joy to operate.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I currently have a 2004 Silverado 1500, a "dream" of many years. Aside from the general maintenance of any vehicle (breaks and the likes) this truck is AMAZING! I give, as an example: about a year ago, I was about 50 miles from home when the coolant line sprung a leak! I'd noticed a small puddle under the vehicle when I came out of the store where I'd been shopping, but thought it was condensation. On the drive back, through some rather rural area, I noticed a slight increase on the temperature gauge so I drove with care not to over-exert the engine. Taking the truck immediately to the mechanic, they opened the reservoir for the coolant to find it completely dry!

Repairs were made and subsequently I learned that these vehicles have a "protection" against over-heating! It saved my day, my purchases, my sanity, to be sure. This truck, even at its age, has been a blessing, helping me move house, hauling brush and wood, it's amazing in snow, and I live in a mountainous region in Northern New York state where Winters can be quite brutal. As for the rating given about the cost, quite honestly, I find the cost of motor vehicles these days to be rather unreasonable over all. But even for the basic Silverado, I would say, considering the peace of mind and safety, I've experienced with mine, the price is "reasonable." Could be better (lower of course), but as is: perfectly reasonable. I recommend the model to everybody, even those who think trucks are out of their personal style. Drive one, you'll be stuck forever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Too bad GM killed this car. 2018 is the last year for the 6 speed manual. Not even available in the 2019, and now, GM thought it was a great marketing move to kill all of their cars that normal people can afford. My car has been very reliable, and on a recent Buffalo to Chicago trip, averaged nearly 50 MPG. It also has a great deal of useable power and torque with the manual box. A 1.3 litre turbo 4 is not the slug you might expect. I don't want an SUV or truck of ANY kind. I want a car that's fun to drive and handles well. That's why GM is getting it back in a week when my lease is up - and isn't leasing me anything else. After leasing me my last 4 cars. I've replaced it with a 21 year old car in excellent condition, which pays for itself in about a year of not making payments. Now I can buy something really fun instead - another motorcycle!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Chevrolet Beat is one of the best car in terms of pick up, mileage and road grip. It's very smooth car compared to my other Maruti and Honda cars. Very much suitable for small family and long drive. Beat never cheats in the road, and chances of accident is almost nil. Very good engine, and I hope GM will relaunch its products in India.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My Chevy Colorado had been totaled for a vehicle fire, truck almost killed me. There was no apparent reason why it happened, so most likely a product defect. There is a recall on 2018 Chevy Colorado's, a fuel pump failure, which increases the cause of fire in fuel line. According to the fire report from the fire department, the cause of fire was fuel tank/fuel line. Apparently my Colorado was not part of this recall but maybe should have been based on what happened. To be sure, I wanted GM to investigate their vehicle, seeing as how it was less than 2 years old, bought brand new off the lot, only 17k miles. They stated that because my insurance company has it, that they will not look at it.

My insurance company is fully willing to let them investigate it, but that means nothing to them. They stated that I would have had to call them before my insurance company in order for them to investigate and have a claim open. To me this is less about the claim and more about the fact that the vehicle caught fire while I was driving, no apparent reason why. It also feels like they are 2 separate issues. This is a safety issue that they need to address, and their only response is "we"ll log the issue". My insurance company hasn't been much help either. If GM is producing Trucks that are a hazard on the road, they need to do something about it rather than "log the issue". No further efforts have been made on their part to help me, I have not been treated like a loyal customer but rather a nuisance and just a number. Worst customer experience ever.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Own the Chevy Bolt for less than 6 months. Hatch window shattered for not apparent reason. Turning in an intersection, so no other vehicle passing. I took the car back to Jenner Chevrolet in Victoria, BC thinking this was a faulty window. I was informed they will not replace it even though there is no evidence of impact or damage to the window to warrant the window to shatter.

The Jenner's repair and parts manager told me the side and back windows are designed to shatter with any impact for safety reasons! He then proceeded to inform me that a small sliver of porcelain dropping on the window could cause it to shatter. He refused to contact Chevrolet to enquire if this will be covered, or report the incident. Told me that would be up to me to report this. So I am assume if this is how Chevy designs their windows to shatter with minimal impact, I don't think I would feel safe placing a toddler in the car in case they decided to tap on the windows and have it shatter in their hand. Initially I was accepting of the poor ride and comfort of the Bolt (poor suspension and uncomfortable seats), but I don't think I would recommend this vehicle to my friends or family. I was initially going to purchase a Nissan Leaf as friends has been pleased with their Leaf and has never had any issue with the Nissan dealership in Victoria, BC.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I’ve been a Chevy driver for 20+ years but will never buy another one after the one I have now. I currently have a 2013 Silverado crew cab. Not my first one but over the years that I’ve had it 2 of the handles have come off 2 different doors. I’m single and not many other people get in my truck. I’m not rough on it and it’s frustrating that this has happened twice. It’s right at $200 to have the handles replaced with part and labor. My daughter has a Suburban and 2 different handles have fallen off her vehicle, and my neighbor has a Tahoe and one of her handles fell off also. I thought it was just me but obviously it Chevrolet. Crazy!! I’m 57 and I’ve had a lot of vehicles in my many years of driving and I’ve never had this happen before. As much as these vehicles cost, they are made cheap!! Never again!!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I sold my Mercedes CLS500 to buy a VOLT, it broke my heart but I found it necessary at that time. And I like the Volt, in sports mode it will outrun anything, the mileage is great, barely needs service, but it has one big downside - propulsion problems. At any given time there's a good chance your Volt's little gas engine will start howling up like crazy, you will drive max 20 mph and sit (roll) and wait until the car gets over his "propulsion power reduced" moment... what can be very inconvenient if not dangerous on a freeway or driving up a hill. You might give it to your dealer for "software updates", as this is the only service this car needs :) But the problem will come back. Also the initial 45 miles on a battery will get less and less, mine is currently 27. How much that all annoyed me? I bought my Mercedes CLS back and now we have 2 cars that could not be any more different form each other. Guess which one I drive most....

Chevrolet Company Information