Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.46/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

121 Chevrolet Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'm really pleased with my Equinox. Drives GREAT. Good gas mileage. Zero things to dislike about the car. Buying it, and dealing with Chevrolet has not been satisfactory. Problem 1: Chevrolet wants to sell On-Star. Fine. I don't want it. Eventually, On-Star called me one day when I started the car. I could't shut it off. Chevy was broadcasting an add into my car, without my consent. I was so mad. They got me to press the "button". I tried to be nice to the operator. But, told them "no", and don't do that again. And, "yes", someone can contact me about this. No one every has done so. Bottom line: Chevy could not PAY ME to own On-Star. (I've designed electronics for 40 years. I bet I can disconnect the antenna).

Problem 2: I love the multi-media center. But occasionally, they lock it up with a text message. It is a warning that I should not look at the screen while driving. And, I must acknowledge by pressing OK to release the screen. How hypocritical that I should read, and acknowledge a long text before the screen functions. I would like to punch the attorney whose idea this is in the nose, and then in the groin (hypothetically, of course). That is a piece of software that is broken!

Original review: May 21, 2019

THIS car is amazing. I just got rear ended on a highway. Me going 80km/h got hit at 100km/h and there are no dents, not even a scratch, this car is durable. Nothing can break it. Has always been a reliable car, good on gas, very small able to get from point a to b. I love my Aveo.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Purchased a 2018 Cruze LT 4Dr new on 5/18/18. I have had zero problems, it now has 15,400 miles on it. Comfortable ride, adequate power from the 1.4L Turbo. Handles nicely and gets 40-42MPG on highway trips. Well equipped for the price with CarPlay, blind spot monitoring, power and heated seats. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a New Chevrolet Tahoe 2018 White Pearl and on the second day noticed a ZIT under the paint and looked around and saw hair fibers and sand under the white paint. I took to the Dealership and they sent to an Autobody Shop and it came back with a different shade darker, not happy with the result and sent to another Autobody shop in Clovis California and it came out ok. There were more fibers and fisheyes noticed and sent back again. This time it was totally torn apart and my vehicle was in there for 11 days. Spent 55k on a new Chevrolet Tahoe and this is what I am dealing with. I noticed more fibers in the paint and need to take back. Really looking to take them to court, because Chevrolet is not doing anything to remedy or compensate me for the issue I am dealing with. Purchased at Keller Auto in Hanford California.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I am writing to complain about my Chevy Cruze 2016 Limited Lt. I have nothing but problems with this turbo. The fan sounds like the car is going to take off. This happens when you run the air conditioner. The car surges and the car goes through a stage where it takes a minute to reset. The turbo has acceleration issues where it will be running OK then slow down to barely doing the speed limit. I have had it in the dealership 3 times. They always tell me everything is OK to have it back and it is doing the same thing all over again. I don't want a car with a turbo anymore. Too many problems. I feel that I can't get the answers I'm looking for. If I contact the dealership they will just tell me how everything is OK. I pay good money for my vehicle and if it is going to continue to be a problem maybe they should let me trade it for another vehicle. I need to know who to talk to so I can get this problem fixed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: June 21, 2019

After reviewing multiple issues with this vehicle showing that they are only last 100,000 miles before they're having all kinds of head gasket and antifreeze issues. Chevrolet knows what's going on. They just keep giving their customers the run-around because they're selling garbage. The car that lasts only a hundred thousand miles this day is **. We got older Hondas in the 90s that are lasting over 300,000 miles.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I bought a used Chevy Traverse from Smith Chevrolet in Laurens. This vehicle was in perfect condition to the eye. SALESMAN SAID BEST USED VEHICLES HE HAD. At 123054 miles I had to replace the engine. After a few months the locks would just start locking and unlocking while you were sitting at an idle. Then it started running very bad so I had it put on the machine. Nothing showed up so mechanic said maybe throttle body so I replaced that. Then it would not crank. I could hear stereo and lights work but would not crank. I had it towed to Riverside in Laurens. They replaced the brain on the engine said it's running good. I picked it up. Drove back to work. When I got off it would not crank. Had it towed back to Riverside. Jay said that it had nothing to do with the new brain and he was beyond making any money on it. I paid $1099.80 for that brain so I paid for any work done.

Took vehicle back to man that put motor in. Ask him to check behind his work. Still everything is fine per the mechanic but I get it home and again it will not crank. On January 22 2019 this vehicle was towed to another shop and it is still there as of today 5/18/19. YES 4 MONTHS. I bought this vehicle for $15000 and have over $25000 in it and still can't even drive it to trade it. I Will not buy another Chevrolet. And that's sad because I think Chevrolet has some nice looking vehicles but if you cant depend on them or get them fix they are not worth having. I ask for an appointment at Newberry Chevrolet back in January before I took to this last shop but they were to call back and so far I have not heard from them with an appointment.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a 2015 Traverse LT with 25k miles on it in June 2016 from a dealerships. Now (as of April 2019) I have approximately 88k miles. It has been a complete piece of junk as compared to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Traverse AC system broke ($600) had a partial transmission failure ($2k) rear driveshaft needed to be replaced ($1k), front suspension had to be completely replaced ($1,600)... This car is poorly made and I deeply regret purchasing it. In addition the interior is cheap and the bottom of the front seat is coming apart. Super disappointed in this car. I intentionally bought an American made car and really wish I didn’t. Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased the 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom 4 door crew cab about 1 month ago. After seeing several of the other models and comparing the Trail Boss, the LTZ and others I went for what I thought was 1 grade below but, still above the work truck. The vehicle I wanted was being used by the dealer's fleet dept. After taking a quick peak of the outside they took the truck to clean while I went to close the deal. After a few days of driving I realized the center console did not even offer storage. The truck drives heavy and lacks some of the great features my base 2015 Ram truck offered. Last week I jumped in my friends 2018 Ford F-150 work truck and it blew my 1500 "custom" out of the water with features on the steering wheel and stereo that come standard. Chevy is nickel and diming their customers. I will never buy one again and can not wait to get rid of it!

Original review: March 18, 2019

In 2015 I bought a brand new Chevy Sonic so that I would not have to put money into a car besides maintenance. Well since the car was under 2 years old I’ve been spending thousands of dollars and 1 part breaks every year for the last 3 years and GM refuses to do anything about it. They told me it’s cover, well the part is covered. Still that’s $55 but the labor is not which is over $400 dollars.

I’ve took my car in the shop because it continuously jerks. I spent about $1400 2 shop visit plus a new purge valve which they only charge me for the part because they missed it. (This is also the same valve that has broke for 3 years straight) But they said that’s why the car was still jerking. The valve was missing. But got it home it was doing the same thing but worst so I personally called GM to do something about their brand of car. Do you think they did anything? NO they direct me back to pay another Chevy dealership $160 for another diagnosis. I will never in my life support this business and I will make sure to tell all my family and friends to never buy a Chevy.

Chevrolet Company Information