Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

106 Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

50k SUV I can’t drive - We bought a brand new 2019 Tahoe LT in late October of this year. Around 3 weeks ago we started experiencing serious electrical issues with the vehicle. While trying to leave a store, got message of “reduced steering assist drive with care”. Vehicle would not go in reverse and steering wheel would not move so it had to be towed. Vehicle was working again at dealer and Dealership couldn’t replicate issue. Had it back one day and it started doing it again so we videoed it when it wasn’t functional and it went back to dealer. It’s been in and out of shop going on 3 weeks- longer than we have even owned the vehicle. It appears there is some sort of serious electrical issue with these vehicles and we are not sure the dealer will buy it back- which is what we want. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Worst car I have ever owned. Problem after problem. Just around 100,000 miles and already have replaced so much on this car. Thousands of dollars!!! Water pump, o2 sensor, spark plugs, coil packs, fuel injectors, engine valves, blower motor for AC, timing chain, front hub, goes through brakes and rotors almost yearly. Will tell everyone I know never to buy a Chevy!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My 2019 Chevy High Country has been a nightmare. Within my 1 st week owning my High Country I began to experience transmission problems. It would shift very hard between gears 3-5 up and down. I got hold of my dealer, Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield Mo, informed them of the issue, a shop foreman took a ride with me and Agreed it was not right. We set an appointment for one week out, I thought this strange to wait a week for such a serious defect, the truck got much worse during the week. I then took truck in, after 2 days I called to check on it. The dealer had not even looked at the truck, I expressed my extreme displeasure in this, my truck is my work truck and need all my tools to do my job as a home builder. I then thought it important to contact Chevy, I called customer care, they opened a case # and said a specialist would call within two days, 3 & 1/2 days later they had still not called.

In the meantime I learned the truck I traded in was still at dealership, I called them and Chevy customer care and stated I am extremely unhappy with my brand new $65,000 truck having transmission issues within the first three weeks of ownership and wanted to unwind the deal. I would buy my old truck back and give them back their lemon truck that I had purchased, Reliable Chevrolet refused to not sell the trade truck, Chevy customer care, stated they would reach out to Reliable Chevrolet and see if they can help us get this resolved. In the meantime Reliable Chevrolet finally got my truck in to service and said it needed a brand new transmission. They contacted Chevrolet and they agreed and said they were shipping a new transmission. Would take 2 to 3 days for it to arrive & another day to install it.

I called in in three days later to check and see if they had received the transmission only to find out that Chevrolet engineers had change their mind and said it needed a modulator part to work correctly. I was very displeased because as stated above they told me to continue to drive the truck for a week, it’s smoked, I could smell the transmission oil burning, and the hardness of the shifting had to be doing permanent damage to the truck. I have been a loyal customer of Chevrolet, for all of my personal truck and my company vehicles for employees have been Chevrolet’s. In the last 10 years I’ve purchased 25 brand new Chevrolet trucks.

With my experience from this 2019 Chevrolet High Country, and the way I was treated by Reliable Chevrolet Springfield Missouri, and the very poor customer service from Chevy customer care who never did call me back until after week after Reliable Chevrolet returned my truck, I will never again purchased a Chevrolet vehicle or deal with Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield Missouri. My best advice is Buyer beware. My only voice With a large corporation like Chevrolet and this dealership which is very large in six states, is my buying power, they will no longer enjoy my business or have me or my company as customers, I have always spoken very highly of Chevrolet and actually argued with Ford owners about quality and service and brand loyalty, no more.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Bought a brand new 2018 1.5L Malibu with 2 miles on it, have had extreme acceleration problems off and on everyday. It will have no power and sit at 3400 rpms even when the pedal is at WOT. Dealer can't duplicate the problem so we're stuck with it... Monitoring it thru the OBDII port I can see that there is little to no boost PSI on the turbo during acceleration when I'm having this issue. No check engine lights on at all and we now have 1700 miles on it and it hasn't stopped giving us issues.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased a new 2019 Chevy Volt that that almost every possible option installed in it. One of the options does not function as intended, and it was not disclosed by GM or the dealer that it would not function according to usual standards. The issues was reported to GM customer service, and they assigned the issue to a very rude person, who refused to do anything about the issue. GM apparently takes no responsibility for their dealers or the products that they sell and install in their vehicles. Unfortunately, it is an old story that GM has not learned anything from the loss of US sales to foreign car companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have a 2013 Chevy Sonic that I purchased with 30,000 miles on it from the dealer. There was a recall on the car for the catalytic converter, saying high temperatures from the engine was melting internal components. Of course their fix was not to replace catalytic converters, but to reprogram the ECM running temperature. However they sent the recall slip to the wrong address and by the time I had gone to the dealer I already had a check engine light on, and they wanted 150 dollars to diagnose the problem. I had to get through emissions and get the light off so I went to the local Shell service station.

They informed me my catalytic was almost completely melted and malformed on the inside. I contacted Chevy and they said it needed to go to the dealer to get looked at and they would make an appointment, but after a week of no contact from them and a need for emissions so I could register my car, I brought it to Shell and had the work done. Then of course Chevy called and said there was nothing they could do because I had the work done elsewhere. Not offering catalytic converters to customers whose had melted, after acknowledging the ECM they set is causing the issue, is despicable. After spending 1000 dollars on a new car, a part that should never fail, they certainly lost a customer in me with their poor handling of this issue.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Way to go Chevy for making sure your pockets stay padded while the rest of us have a car that’s spent more money fixing it than what they paid for it! I am up to almost $2500 in repair costs and have been without a car for 6 months. I have replaced the ENTIRE PCV system. The water pump, the terminal block fuse, the starter, engine oil cooler, sensors etc has been replaced and some have been replaced numerous times. It’s horrible how this is clearly a problem from the factory and a poorly designed system but yet Chevy has no fix, swears there’s nothing wrong, will not issue a recall, and are allowed to get away with it.

Don’t get me wrong because I always have and always will drive their vehicles and I’ve had no problems to date with any of the others I’ve owned. But this one sure has left a bad taste in my mouth and highly disappointed that they don’t care about our/my loyalty to their line. I loved the car except for all the issues. Once I get it back I have no choice but to try and get rid of it before the next 50,000 miles since that’s the average they last until the PCV system starts to fail again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Dropped car off for recalls to be fixed and now it won't start!!! Was told that I have to have it towed there and it was nothing that they did! My car was fine until they touched it! Furious I do not have triple A.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My experience with Rick Hendrick Chevrolet could care less in repairing your car, made errors and cover up. Because of our posting of poor service they now refuse to service the car. Want return calls. GM seem not to help.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Took my Q80 in for a small paint defect. Infiniti said, "Bring it where you want" so we took in to our Chevrolet dealership in our town. They washed our vehicle and sprayed some kind of chemical on the rims. The rims (all 4) has streaks that rolling down all the rims. Which are discolored. Manager said they didn’t nothing wrong. By the way I have pictures of what they looked like before. What’s next? I’m NOT HAPPY!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I bought a 2018 Colorado ZR2 in April. Last night the oil cooler line failed. I called Roadside and they towed my truck to the dealer for repair. This is a common issue from what I see on many forums. I called the dealer and they told me they don’t have the part and wouldn’t be able to get one from Denver until Tuesday. I then called GM customer service to find out what they can be done. My situation, I’m from Las Vegas and I had to drive to Lander Wy to help out my mother and father. My father has to have surgery Monday. Earlier this week my mother was hospitalized and needed help to take care of my father and get him to his appointment on Monday.

I drove up to help out and on Friday the oil line failed. I have to get him to his appointment and return to my family and job. I asked GM what could be done and they told me I could get a rental but I couldn’t leave the state. Expressed the gravity of the situation and they said they would have to get with the senior supervisor but he won’t be available until Monday. Unacceptable. He then told me he would patch me through to his supervisor and put me on hold. I have been on hold for an hour and a half so far. I have only owned GM products, this will be my last.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

It was a very dissatisfying experience at Kingdom Chevrolet in Chicago, IL. A 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT was advertised as $17,695 on their website and seeing that I called Kingdom Chevy and confirmed the car availability and price. They were affirmative for both. I traveled all the way to their place for 2 hours and met the representative and he said there won't be any changes in the price and $17,695 is the final price plus TTL. We did the test drive and because the price was confirmed, I accepted for their credit run to know the APR that I will receive though I have an offer from bank. I gave all the confidential information and they ran my credit check.

Now the manager comes and say, the price on the website was including some rebates and he can offer the car for $25500. Manager started asking me if I am in military or a student or a teacher, etc. How could a customer browsing through the internet know if rebates are applied or not. I was thinking $17,695 is a right price as 2019 models are already on the roads and they are trying to get rid of 2018 models and hence the price. I do not have concern on Chevrolet brand but the dealership is fooling the customers with false prices on their website.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GM AND WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GM VEHICLE!!! I contacted Chevrolet reference ** concerning the maintenance department at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from (Battlefield Chevrolet). Their maintenance is poorly managed and not knowledgeable about products and services. It took over 3 weeks to get back to me and when they did finally get back to me they didn't even know why they were contacting me.

So anyway the customer service person was so incompetent. I asked her if she even worked for GM. She then refused to answer the question saying she didn't like the way I was asking her if she worked for GM so I hung up the phone. Contacted GM again about the issue and was told that they discussed it with the dealership and the issue was settled. So I asked to have another representative to get back to me but nothing yet. So know I don't have a place to get my vehicle serviced ref **. I don't recommend GM and I will not do business with them again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I own a used 2004 Chevy Tracker. Up to now it’s been reliable. The body doesn’t have a spec of rust and the engine and transmission are still running strong. The issue I have is with the integrity of Chevrolet Motors. Recently while driving on the highway my left front wheel became unresponsive and the front end vibrated violently. My mechanic informed me that the front cross member/subframe had rotted out. After doing some research on the internet I discovered this is a known problem and the warranty was extended to 10 years or 150k mile.

When I contacted Chevrolet Customer Service to see if they would still honor the recall they refused because it was past the 10 year warranty. This is disturbing because it is a known and documented SAFETY defect. My realization is that Chevrolet still puts economics ahead of the safety of its drivers & passengers. So if you’re an advocate of Chevrolet please check the internet for any recalls or complaints for your vehicle model on a yearly basis because our safety appears not to be Chevrolet Motor’s priority.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I really love my Trax. It's roomy, but not too big or not too small. The seats are so comfortable and the sound system makes me "sit-down dance" in that seat! It's also a very dependable vehicle. I've had it for 2 1/2 years and it hasn't needed any maintenance other than the standard stuff. It still looks and feels brand new! It was love at first sight with this car. I love the lines because they give the vehicle a classy yet sporty look. The hatchback is wonderful when it comes to loading, and since it's covered, my stuff is protected from the sun AND the thieves! While I'm happy with it, I would like a bigger console storage compartment. Also, the USB plug-in is inside the glovebox, which doesn't work well for someone like me who keeps my phone charging at all times. It doesn't look pretty with that wire sticking out of my dashboard.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I love the Chevy truck me and my boyfriend have. It's safe overall and hasn't really had any major problems. The truck is easy to keep clean and haven't really had problems with it. We like the heated seats, how it looked. How it drove and I've always loved Chevys and will probably always buy them. The fact how safe it is and that it will be a great family truck and we will be able to give it to our daughter one day. However, I don't like how much parts cost to fix it but other than that my whole family loves it. We bought the truck lifted, so the tires and most everything else cost a lot to fix or replace but it still doesn't ruin the truck for me. I would totally recommend this truck to anyone or my family. It's going to be a great family truck when our little one comes in June.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So far so good, except when we had to replace the tires because they were dry rotting and a sensor needed to be replaced. Other than that the car is comfortable to drive and has good pickup speed for a four-cylinder. Also, seats are comfortable, mom was the one that chose it. She had seen and advertisement in the paper and wanted to go look at it. After test driving it, she asked me how I liked it, then she bought it. However, I don't like the fact that it is made in Canada, should have been made here in the USA. I also don't like having to reset the clock when daylight savings time goes into effect. Also would like a full-size spare tire instead of the donut.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I don't drive much but it's held up well despite being 15 years old now. It was a stylish car when purchased. I have had a good experience. It's been a sturdy and affordable car with only minimal repairs needed. This car has worked well for both city and country driving, for family trips and also as a great work car. Dependable, affordable to buy, to insure, and to repair, handles well during Iowa's four seasons. However, the body paint hadn't worn the best, car does show some rust. But it has worked ok for family but on the small side for use with car seats and booster seats.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The Chevy that I bought most recently has been a really good car so far. It does not take much gas to fill it up and once you fill it up it will for miles and miles before you have to fill up again. I also like the fact that it is small and you can park it just about anywhere and turn it around on a dime.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My Chevy is a sporty car and also known as a muscle car. They went away for quite a while and then the company decided to bring them back to compete in the market and it was successful. I like the overall sleek body and with all the curves. I had made a few upgrades myself and now the car looks amazing and is still very fun to drive. The color also makes the car look more mean and nasty. It is a low model though and not much of any features are in this car. I bought the base model because it was the cheapest option for me at the moment.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I fell in love with my Chevrolet when I first saw it. I wish that it would speed up when I need it to. I would also like to have a back up camera and I wish I had leather seats or heated seats. Also, it needs to have better brakes and better steering for me and other people driving it. But other than those, I like how compact and cute it is. It's very lovely and eye catching to many people. I also love the color of the car. It suits me very well. I love this car overall.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I love Chevy. Low on Gas. Looks nice. Great price for the amount that we paid for it it is a used vehicle but it meets our needs. My children love it. Prices are low when needing to get repairs as well... Also, the insurance is not pricey. It's very roomy. We use it for grocery shopping. It's a durable brand. Will use it from any other convenient locations when purchasing items. It's also great for traveling. I, however, don't like the color and it needs a new muffler but we're working on getting that fixed along with a brake alignment and the rear brakes as well along with a few other issues that need to be taken care of.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I enjoy my Chevrolet truck and it does what I need it for. The truck was replacing an SUV and I really needed something a little bigger so I could carry more thing. I like that the price was right and the gas mileage was something I could live with. I also like that it has cruise control, temperature can be regulated, and it has power windows. What I like the most is that it has a camera so you can see when you are backing up. But it does not have navigation installed. You have to buy it and I do not think that is something that you should have to pay extra for because the truck cost enough. Overall, my experience was very good.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My Chevrolet is pretty good except I needed a new engine so the car kept breaking down on me and this was only a year in. Luckily I had a warranty on it so I was covered. Otherwise that would have been really bad. I wish the gas was a little better and that it didn't sound like a go cart. I also wish my windows worked better and had the GPS in it. We were going to get those factory installed but then that didn't work. I chose this car model because I was between this and the GMC Terrain. However the GMC Terrain was the first year it was out, I read online you should never buy a car the first year it's out.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The Chevrolet was what was available to me for a vehicle with the amount of money that I was able to spend at that time and point. I have had nothing but problems with that model and had a Ford been available to me that is what I would have chosen. I am just not a fan of Chevy vehicles. I would rather own a Ford seeing I have never had an issue with a Ford and that is what I grew up around was Ford brand vehicles and when there was a Chevy in my family we always had problems with them.

Original review: July 15, 2018

It runs great and has great gas mileage. I love the color and the style of the car. I love the features it has, the shape of the car, and I also love how it is so easy on gas. But sometimes it takes more oil than it did before, so I think I might have a problem with that part. It has a little high mileage as well. I have had it for a couple years now, and runs so smoothly for me and also for my family. We run a lot of errands with it. Everyone in my family just loves it so much. Would hate to have to replace it.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I like Chevy the best because they are the most reliable vehicle to have and it was a good price compared to the other vehicles. However, it is small so I can't fit all my kids in it at the same time. Also, mine does not have air conditioning and that is something I would like to have for hot days. But I like that the parts are easy to get and cheap if something does happen to it. Also, I think I can drive it more because the mileage goes higher than other vehicles.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had a lot of issues with my Chevy from the radio to shaking to Other problems. Very disappointed in this vehicle. The dealership was no help with the issues considering I spent a whole took Lot OF Money. They do not stand by their product.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My Chevrolet is one of the worst vehicles ever built. It has inherent manufacturing issues that were ignored and the cars were sold anyway without any regard for the failures that were known by the manufacturer to occur. I hate everything about it. There isn't one thing that was built to last. The production should have been stopped immediately... no that didn't happen. GM just sent all the cars to be sold to consumers with the built in defects.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Chevy Trax is very good on gas mileage, gives a comfortable ride, and for a smaller vehicle it has ok cargo space. I like it has On star capability and the sound system is nice. You can plug in your phone and listen to the music on that. My car has good pick up speed, too. But I don't like that it rolls back on a hill when in drive. Also, would be nice to have heated seats. It is smaller than I like and it also doesn't have fog lights. Shouldn't all vehicles have them?

Chevrolet Company Information