Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

97 Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Took my Q80 in for a small paint defect. Infiniti said, "Bring it where you want" so we took in to our Chevrolet dealership in our town. They washed our vehicle and sprayed some kind of chemical on the rims. The rims (all 4) has streaks that rolling down all the rims. Which are discolored. Manager said they didn’t nothing wrong. By the way I have pictures of what they looked like before. What’s next? I’m NOT HAPPY!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I bought a 2018 Colorado ZR2 in April. Last night the oil cooler line failed. I called Roadside and they towed my truck to the dealer for repair. This is a common issue from what I see on many forums. I called the dealer and they told me they don’t have the part and wouldn’t be able to get one from Denver until Tuesday. I then called GM customer service to find out what they can be done. My situation, I’m from Las Vegas and I had to drive to Lander Wy to help out my mother and father. My father has to have surgery Monday. Earlier this week my mother was hospitalized and needed help to take care of my father and get him to his appointment on Monday.

I drove up to help out and on Friday the oil line failed. I have to get him to his appointment and return to my family and job. I asked GM what could be done and they told me I could get a rental but I couldn’t leave the state. Expressed the gravity of the situation and they said they would have to get with the senior supervisor but he won’t be available until Monday. Unacceptable. He then told me he would patch me through to his supervisor and put me on hold. I have been on hold for an hour and a half so far. I have only owned GM products, this will be my last.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

It was a very dissatisfying experience at Kingdom Chevrolet in Chicago, IL. A 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT was advertised as $17,695 on their website and seeing that I called Kingdom Chevy and confirmed the car availability and price. They were affirmative for both. I traveled all the way to their place for 2 hours and met the representative and he said there won't be any changes in the price and $17,695 is the final price plus TTL. We did the test drive and because the price was confirmed, I accepted for their credit run to know the APR that I will receive though I have an offer from bank. I gave all the confidential information and they ran my credit check.

Now the manager comes and say, the price on the website was including some rebates and he can offer the car for $25500. Manager started asking me if I am in military or a student or a teacher, etc. How could a customer browsing through the internet know if rebates are applied or not. I was thinking $17,695 is a right price as 2019 models are already on the roads and they are trying to get rid of 2018 models and hence the price. I do not have concern on Chevrolet brand but the dealership is fooling the customers with false prices on their website.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GM AND WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GM VEHICLE!!! I contacted Chevrolet reference ** concerning the maintenance department at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from (Battlefield Chevrolet). Their maintenance is poorly managed and not knowledgeable about products and services. It took over 3 weeks to get back to me and when they did finally get back to me they didn't even know why they were contacting me.

So anyway the customer service person was so incompetent. I asked her if she even worked for GM. She then refused to answer the question saying she didn't like the way I was asking her if she worked for GM so I hung up the phone. Contacted GM again about the issue and was told that they discussed it with the dealership and the issue was settled. So I asked to have another representative to get back to me but nothing yet. So know I don't have a place to get my vehicle serviced ref **. I don't recommend GM and I will not do business with them again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I own a used 2004 Chevy Tracker. Up to now it’s been reliable. The body doesn’t have a spec of rust and the engine and transmission are still running strong. The issue I have is with the integrity of Chevrolet Motors. Recently while driving on the highway my left front wheel became unresponsive and the front end vibrated violently. My mechanic informed me that the front cross member/subframe had rotted out. After doing some research on the internet I discovered this is a known problem and the warranty was extended to 10 years or 150k mile.

When I contacted Chevrolet Customer Service to see if they would still honor the recall they refused because it was past the 10 year warranty. This is disturbing because it is a known and documented SAFETY defect. My realization is that Chevrolet still puts economics ahead of the safety of its drivers & passengers. So if you’re an advocate of Chevrolet please check the internet for any recalls or complaints for your vehicle model on a yearly basis because our safety appears not to be Chevrolet Motor’s priority.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: July 26, 2018

I really love my Trax. It's roomy, but not too big or not too small. The seats are so comfortable and the sound system makes me "sit-down dance" in that seat! It's also a very dependable vehicle. I've had it for 2 1/2 years and it hasn't needed any maintenance other than the standard stuff. It still looks and feels brand new! It was love at first sight with this car. I love the lines because they give the vehicle a classy yet sporty look. The hatchback is wonderful when it comes to loading, and since it's covered, my stuff is protected from the sun AND the thieves! While I'm happy with it, I would like a bigger console storage compartment. Also, the USB plug-in is inside the glovebox, which doesn't work well for someone like me who keeps my phone charging at all times. It doesn't look pretty with that wire sticking out of my dashboard.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I love the Chevy truck me and my boyfriend have. It's safe overall and hasn't really had any major problems. The truck is easy to keep clean and haven't really had problems with it. We like the heated seats, how it looked. How it drove and I've always loved Chevys and will probably always buy them. The fact how safe it is and that it will be a great family truck and we will be able to give it to our daughter one day. However, I don't like how much parts cost to fix it but other than that my whole family loves it. We bought the truck lifted, so the tires and most everything else cost a lot to fix or replace but it still doesn't ruin the truck for me. I would totally recommend this truck to anyone or my family. It's going to be a great family truck when our little one comes in June.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So far so good, except when we had to replace the tires because they were dry rotting and a sensor needed to be replaced. Other than that the car is comfortable to drive and has good pickup speed for a four-cylinder. Also, seats are comfortable, mom was the one that chose it. She had seen and advertisement in the paper and wanted to go look at it. After test driving it, she asked me how I liked it, then she bought it. However, I don't like the fact that it is made in Canada, should have been made here in the USA. I also don't like having to reset the clock when daylight savings time goes into effect. Also would like a full-size spare tire instead of the donut.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I don't drive much but it's held up well despite being 15 years old now. It was a stylish car when purchased. I have had a good experience. It's been a sturdy and affordable car with only minimal repairs needed. This car has worked well for both city and country driving, for family trips and also as a great work car. Dependable, affordable to buy, to insure, and to repair, handles well during Iowa's four seasons. However, the body paint hadn't worn the best, car does show some rust. But it has worked ok for family but on the small side for use with car seats and booster seats.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The Chevy that I bought most recently has been a really good car so far. It does not take much gas to fill it up and once you fill it up it will for miles and miles before you have to fill up again. I also like the fact that it is small and you can park it just about anywhere and turn it around on a dime.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My Chevy is a sporty car and also known as a muscle car. They went away for quite a while and then the company decided to bring them back to compete in the market and it was successful. I like the overall sleek body and with all the curves. I had made a few upgrades myself and now the car looks amazing and is still very fun to drive. The color also makes the car look more mean and nasty. It is a low model though and not much of any features are in this car. I bought the base model because it was the cheapest option for me at the moment.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I fell in love with my Chevrolet when I first saw it. I wish that it would speed up when I need it to. I would also like to have a back up camera and I wish I had leather seats or heated seats. Also, it needs to have better brakes and better steering for me and other people driving it. But other than those, I like how compact and cute it is. It's very lovely and eye catching to many people. I also love the color of the car. It suits me very well. I love this car overall.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I love Chevy. Low on Gas. Looks nice. Great price for the amount that we paid for it it is a used vehicle but it meets our needs. My children love it. Prices are low when needing to get repairs as well... Also, the insurance is not pricey. It's very roomy. We use it for grocery shopping. It's a durable brand. Will use it from any other convenient locations when purchasing items. It's also great for traveling. I, however, don't like the color and it needs a new muffler but we're working on getting that fixed along with a brake alignment and the rear brakes as well along with a few other issues that need to be taken care of.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I enjoy my Chevrolet truck and it does what I need it for. The truck was replacing an SUV and I really needed something a little bigger so I could carry more thing. I like that the price was right and the gas mileage was something I could live with. I also like that it has cruise control, temperature can be regulated, and it has power windows. What I like the most is that it has a camera so you can see when you are backing up. But it does not have navigation installed. You have to buy it and I do not think that is something that you should have to pay extra for because the truck cost enough. Overall, my experience was very good.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My Chevrolet is pretty good except I needed a new engine so the car kept breaking down on me and this was only a year in. Luckily I had a warranty on it so I was covered. Otherwise that would have been really bad. I wish the gas was a little better and that it didn't sound like a go cart. I also wish my windows worked better and had the GPS in it. We were going to get those factory installed but then that didn't work. I chose this car model because I was between this and the GMC Terrain. However the GMC Terrain was the first year it was out, I read online you should never buy a car the first year it's out.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The Chevrolet was what was available to me for a vehicle with the amount of money that I was able to spend at that time and point. I have had nothing but problems with that model and had a Ford been available to me that is what I would have chosen. I am just not a fan of Chevy vehicles. I would rather own a Ford seeing I have never had an issue with a Ford and that is what I grew up around was Ford brand vehicles and when there was a Chevy in my family we always had problems with them.

Original review: July 15, 2018

It runs great and has great gas mileage. I love the color and the style of the car. I love the features it has, the shape of the car, and I also love how it is so easy on gas. But sometimes it takes more oil than it did before, so I think I might have a problem with that part. It has a little high mileage as well. I have had it for a couple years now, and runs so smoothly for me and also for my family. We run a lot of errands with it. Everyone in my family just loves it so much. Would hate to have to replace it.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I like Chevy the best because they are the most reliable vehicle to have and it was a good price compared to the other vehicles. However, it is small so I can't fit all my kids in it at the same time. Also, mine does not have air conditioning and that is something I would like to have for hot days. But I like that the parts are easy to get and cheap if something does happen to it. Also, I think I can drive it more because the mileage goes higher than other vehicles.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had a lot of issues with my Chevy from the radio to shaking to Other problems. Very disappointed in this vehicle. The dealership was no help with the issues considering I spent a whole took Lot OF Money. They do not stand by their product.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My Chevrolet is one of the worst vehicles ever built. It has inherent manufacturing issues that were ignored and the cars were sold anyway without any regard for the failures that were known by the manufacturer to occur. I hate everything about it. There isn't one thing that was built to last. The production should have been stopped immediately... no that didn't happen. GM just sent all the cars to be sold to consumers with the built in defects.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Chevy Trax is very good on gas mileage, gives a comfortable ride, and for a smaller vehicle it has ok cargo space. I like it has On star capability and the sound system is nice. You can plug in your phone and listen to the music on that. My car has good pick up speed, too. But I don't like that it rolls back on a hill when in drive. Also, would be nice to have heated seats. It is smaller than I like and it also doesn't have fog lights. Shouldn't all vehicles have them?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have really enjoyed this vehicle and have taken it in many long road trips. It is quite comfortable to ride in for long periods. It has been very dependable. Only needed minor cosmetic repairs and regular maintenance such as new tires, replacing headlights, etc. I like the silver color and that it came with lots of features factory installed like sunroof, XM radio and GPS. I like that it has room for hauling stuff, the back seats fold down and it has a very spacious cargo. Also it gets excellent gas mileage and I just like the overall look of the car. But the backseat doors are very small and do not open wide. It makes cleaning difficult. I also am not able to put a bike rack on the back due to the hatch back. Also I wish the console between the two front seats wasn't there. I never use the cup holder and I have to put my purse in the back seat if I have a passenger.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Chevrolet HHR was an OK summer car and it's cute. Bought it brand new and it had thousand miles on it and the engine doing nothing but problems with our body. I've never buy a Chevrolet ever again and I would not recommend it to any other person that I'm post to friends or family. It was complete garbage. I would definitely improve the motor aspects of the car itself in the whole body. It was very weak and needed much replacements during the time I've had it. But other than that, the seats are comfortable and clean. The radio was nice and I love the bass and the option to change the sound for each song if needed.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I originally bought the HHR because it was a Chevy. While I like the seat warmers and the radio, I don't like the way the windshield is shaped. I always have to lean up to see the red light. I don't like the way the cup holders are either. All in all, this car really wasn't thought out. I wouldn't purchase it again.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My Chevrolet Metro has 13 inch tires so for street use only. Good gas mileage. Only 3 cylinders, so not a lot of power. Definitely a smaller vehicle, and so I try to stay off the highway. It has 4 door, comfortable seating. Easy to drive in the city and okay first car. Experts recommended the vehicle and this model has good customer ratings but it was a mistake purchase, should have purchased a different vehicle... Replacement parts are expensive though and it's not the safest of vehicles if in an accident.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I liked that the 2002 Chevrolet Express was only 2000 dollars and it was in not too bad shape. It was a good price to pay and I needed a vehicle and found it quickly and almost effortlessly. It turned out to need some work but it was worth it for the money. Also, it needed to ready up to get emissions testing done and all new brake lines and it kept throwing false codes when diagnosed. I don't regret it and it's still a good buy.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I'm not a fan of it (Chevy 1500 Van). The vehicle was said to be in much better condition than it is. It was being sold by a family member and so we thought they would be honest about the condition of the vehicle. It breaks down too easily and has been in the shop several times this year. The only thing that I like about the vehicle is that it is big enough to accommodate my family. However, I would honestly overhaul the entire thing. The upholstery is garbage, the engine is hard to work on because of how built. I have never had a vehicle break on me the way this one had.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I got the Chevrolet for cheap and was in need of a vehicle. The parts are not expensive and easy to find as well. And Vermont is where I live and there are plenty of Chevy dealers around and mechanics dont mind working on Chevys so thats a plus. Everyone loves American made cars. Cheap and easy. The car stereo is not very great though.

And there is nothing electric about the car. The windows even have manual rollers on them. The windshield wipers kind of are not very good either but that doesnt really have to do with the model car. The wheel baron is going and that sucky. It has minor problems like the window and door won't open but the rust under it I dislike the most. Still, it has been one of the best cars I have owned even though its old. It has lasted me much longer than I thought it would. If I had to drive a Chevy again I would definitely choose a Chevy over many other car models out there. The engines on Chevys like to run for miles and miles.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I love my Chevy, the model, and everything about it. It is good on gas and very reliable and thrusts easy to get around with lots of room. It is a great family car and great for kids. It also has a good price.

Original review: July 4, 2018

My Chevy Astro was a customized conversion van that I wanted to be able to use if and when I went weekend camping. It was perfect van for myself and my children. It was easy to clean, especially since it had its own built in dust buster that you plugged into in the back and could just run off the regular car battery. The van had a TV in the back with ear phones, a separate radio/cassette tape player with & w/out headphones, first aid kit, Kleenex box, cooler, bed in back that went down with the push of a button, fancy lighting in back, shades that pulled down in the back & sides & had the high top. It's just that the tires were an odd size that always needed special ordering so they were always more expensive. Also, I would have liked better gas mileage. The Astro wasn't a very comfortable traveling van for long trips but it was comfortable and roomy for everything. Wish I hadn't sold it.

Chevrolet Company Information