3.7/5 (548 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I purchased a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado brand new. The touch screen radio quit working. Doesn't respond to touch. Also it does things on its own like blaring the radio full blast, calling people tick tick tick pushing its own buttons. It's caused me a few times a severe scare almost driving off the road because out of nowhere the Radio goes full blast!!! I only have 36,000 miles on it and warranty is over. How convenient. The transmission from day one slips, seems like it's not going to shift and hard shifts enough to jolt ya! I am really upset with this vehicle. I've learned my uncle has a 2016 Z style Colorado and his is doing the same exact thing. My cousin's Impala radio does the same thing. It doesn't work! There should be a recall on these items and I can't understand why there isn't yet. What do we as owners have to do?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

For those of you driving 2016-2018 there’s a legitimate “recall” out for a warning msg reduced power mode. Luckily my mechanic hates these death traps and told me to spread the word. Get these POS off the road. Went from 70mph to 10 in seconds. Sound familiar?? If so call dealership give them this recall code and get it replaced on their dollar. ****recall***** (It’s called a special request recall) no difference to me other than the public is unaware. Needed new pedal accelerator, sensor and a shifter, new wiring because they used glue which melted our wiring around the pedal. Chevy is scamming the recall process. Unbelievable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have always said Chevrolet was the best vehicles; but I was wrong. My next car will NOT be a Chevrolet. I bought a 2019 Chevrolet Malibu in 2020 with approximately 40,000 miles. In November of 2021 the car just died as I was driving. My mechanic finally discovered the issue. An electric modulator went out. Since I bought the car used, Chevrolet refused to cover the cost. Thanks Chevrolet for nothing. Won’t waste my money again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

The biggest issue with this service department was the time it took for an oil change and tire rotation, 5 HOURS, but I have listed all the details below.

Pros:
    - Service was completed

- Service consultant was pleasant

Cons:

- Timing. It took this service department from 10:15 am to 3:15 pm, 5 HOURS, to complete an oil change and tire rotation. I scheduled my appointment online and was told when I arrived that it might take up to 3.5 hours. I was not happy but needed the oil change today and assumed it might include something like a basic exterior wash for the time. At the 4-hour mark, I called the service department to get an update. After a few moments of not being able to find my car, I was told to give them another 1.5 hours to complete the service.

- Price. When scheduling my appointment online, the dealership was offering a coupon for $29.95 + tax. The only fine print, directly from the coupon, was, “Tire balancing, tax, and more than 6 quarts of oil extra.”. Since I did not see a line item for tire balancing or more than 6 quarts of oil, I asked why I was being charged $12.89 more than the coupon, before tax. I was told that prices have gone up and they could not honor the coupon price. If that is the case, the coupon needs to be removed from the website.

- “Shuttle”. I advised the service department I would be waiting there for my car. It was at that point they offered a shuttle, via Lyft, within 10 miles of the dealership. I opted to take them up on the offer, but just across the highway to the mall. At 4.5 hours, I ended up walking back to the dealership since my phone was about to die so there was no way I would be able to coordinate the shuttle back between the dealership and Lyft. At the time of payment, I see a charge for, “Incidental Reimbursement” in the amount of $5.67. I can only assume this was for the “shuttle service” they would take care of within 10 miles.

- Lack of attention to detail. When I received the bill, I noticed a charge of just over $22 for 2 bolts. I knew I would have to pay for the bolts but remembered the conversation advising it would be around $4 and change, per bolt. I had to ask why the charge was so high before they even noticed it. Lastly, upon getting in my car, I noticed in the 5 hours they had the vehicle, no one could be bothered to reset the oil life indicator.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Bought a 3500 diesel. Was told motor and tranny would last forever, after 3000 miles brakes wore out on a Saturday. Replaced brakes and rotors with aftermarket on Saturday night so I had a vehicle for the weekend, went to dealer on Monday morning and was told brakes were not warrantied, Brakes should last longer than 3000 miles so there was obviously something wrong. Was told to get the ** out and to go to the dealer where the vehicle was purchased. Went to original dealer and was told nothing was wrong.

At 40000 miles motor started to knock. Was told it was a sensor. Replaced sensor. Still same knock. They finally take my truck in and admit the motor was bad. Gave me a loaner for a month then called to tell me they needed their loaner back because it was sold as I was rudely yelled at by general manager and was told that loaners were for a few days not for a month. They did not have a loaner to replace it so Chevy corporate told me they would send me a refund if I had rented a truck. Needless to say they took 3 months to fix my truck and after six months and numerous phone calls still have not received any money from them. Was a dedicated chevy truck guy until this whole fiasco. Never again. Truck is a complete junior $65000.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We have always chosen Chevrolet. We traded our 18 year old Trailblazer last April. It was hard as we never had to worry about buying big items. Our children have moved on to their adult lives and it's just the two of us. We purchased a Trax and are very pleased with the size and comfort.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Shortly after I got the car the brake booster went out. They supposedly fixed it. I am still having problems with it. Took it back to have it looked at again and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I'm still experiencing problems with the same brake booster and I don't know what to do. They say there's nothing wrong with it but obviously there is. Sorry but there is nothing good to say about this car!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It no coincidence that owning two GM Trucks with the same 5.3 engines has failed on me. 1st 2011 Tahoe camshaft failed due to oil consumption. 2nd 2016 Truck Ticking due to the lifters went bad from the AFT. Chevrolet has bulletin not known to the public and will not fix these problems. Had I not had extended warranties I would be hit with the cost and GM known about this defects among their engines.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I don't have much experience on this company, but I once used their vehicle and I felt very safe when driving it. Hope to know more on what the company is doing soon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

For a 2019 Camaro rs. 1 drl is out. Chevy needs to replace the full light. $1800.00 for a light. American. Foreign here I come. I see why they are not selling. Gouging for a light. It's a safety device.

Chevrolet Company Information