2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.6/5 (485 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: July 8, 2021

We purchased a brand new Chevrolet Tahoe from Koon’s Chevrolet of White Marsh, MD in 2018. It now has 31,000 miles on it. We drove an hour to this dealership multiple times even though we could’ve bought 1 closer to home because we had loyalty to the sales person who spent all of the time with us. There was nothing better about the price etc. With owning our own business we understand the importance of time & commission.

As of June 30th, it had 3 issues:

1. Air conditioner was not working.
2. Thump sound coming from under drivers side area when driving

3. Peeling paint on an area where bumper meets side panel

We drove it out of town for the 4th of July holiday & the AC wasn’t working. I called & scheduled service on July 5 for a July 8 appointment. I explained to guy in service what the issues were & that I had tried to take it for the paint to another dealership closer to home & they advised that I would need to go to a dealership with a body shop & that Koon's had 1 since that is where I had bought the car so when I made the appointment I notified of them of all of this & requested a loaner car since it would probably be a couple of day fix if it was paint related. They said OK & transferred me to the call center to make the appointment. I mentioned many times that I expected these things to be covered under warranty. At no time did anybody say they wouldn’t be or that my car was out of warranty.

My husband takes the morning away from our business to drive the car an hour away for the services. Upon arrival at Koons, without even trying to be helpful or offering other avenues the service advisor (Charlie) was immediately snarky & couldn’t wait to tell my husband that the car was out of warranty & we would have to pay for the loaner & diagnostic fee & that any repair would be out of pocket because we were 11 days out of warranty even though mileage was low. When I made the appointment we were 3 business days out of warranty. This immediately upset us. My husband said, "Isn’t there anything you can do?" And the advisor said, "No you’ve never even used us before why would I help you." Which actually is inaccurate.

Koons repaired things on our car & did an oil change or two. However a car with 31,000 miles shouldn’t need many services so of course we hadn’t used you for anything else why would we. So here we are the first time we really need assistance after buying a very expensive car from Koons & we are treated this way. We own a business that deals with warranties and manufacturers nonstop. We have to service & warranty units that we did not install. We’ve made exceptions for customers. We always go above & beyond. We have a 5 star rating. Chevy does the same. Nobody even ever offered to try & help us or call GM or anything.

As a Cadillac owner I know the lengths that my local dealership has went through for me even though I did not buy the car through them. So I told my husband to ask for the manager & try to get the same level of service that we’ve had with our prior vehicle through Cadillac. While he did that I called Chevy. I spoke with a great advisor & received a case ID & filed my complaint. I got everything taken care of on the phone with somebody that we had not spent a dollar with. That’s customer service.

Meanwhile my husband is wasting time debating the level of customer service we deserve with your manager (Dan) after having quite the discussion with your advisor. The advisor was arrogant & unhelpful. The manager wasn’t very helpful either but at least he wasn’t that arrogant & rude. My husband drove the car back to our local dealer who picked up the case & fixed everything & helped us get it covered. Yes the dealership that we did not give the business of a car sale to was the one that ended up helping us so guess who gets our business going forward. Jeff D’Ambrosio that’s who. Koons dealership isn’t even a 1 on the scale, it’s -5. Probably the worst customer service I’ve ever had from a car dealer or mechanic shop anywhere.

Original review: May 28, 2021

The truck is full of problem. I bought my truck with few miles. The transmission went off at 80,000 miles. The radio stop working, black screen, no sound. The door locks stop working, not able to use the remote to lock or unlock the doors. Very frustrated experience.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The A pillars are warped, I need to replace TMPS sensors again, the overhead center console fell and fuel filler neck failed. All of this has happened within the last 60 days. I will complain about this until I have to opportunity to ask management at GM if they care so much about their customers and products why would they allow such a piece of garbage be manufactured? Let alone be sold?

I've spent the better part of the last year fighting and beating cancer yet I can't beat a poor piece of crap truck. I've owned this truck since new less than 3 years and documented all of the service and maintenance completed and all has been completed before the manufactured recommended intervals yet this junk truck is falling apart. A 48K piece of garbage. To say I'm disappointed is a understatement.

Original review: April 7, 2021

To start I love Chevrolet. Well I did. I have literally owned 15 Silverados from 73 to my 2019 and by far I am more disappointed in spending 50k on a z71 truck than anyone of my old ones. I drove through 1ft of water and it took out my engine. Some may say it's my fault just like the dealer. However if you advertise a truck let alone a 4x4 z71 offroad addition it should be able to handle some water. I have had plenty of my old truck in 3ft of water/mud and kept going like champions. A lifetime of driving chevys and I still just can't believe this. And I'm stuck with the bill. Absolutely horse crap. Besides all the recalls that are going on with starts and rear windows leaking.. Chevy needs to start taking pride in their vehicles again.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Fraudulent sales. In late October I purchased a vehicle from Herb Easley Chevrolet in Wichita Falls. I found the car online. I talked to a salesman and we reached a deal. The deal was 3%+ interest, 300+ per month for 60 months. I was out of town. The salesman mailed me the papers to my job site. When I received them, the note was for 72 months. My wife texted the salesman and said that was not what we agreed on. We wasn’t buying the car for 72 months. The salesman stated it was a financial department mistake.

When we come to get the car, the papers will be for the 60 months. We show up to sign the papers and get the car. The financial guy had the papers printed out. I looked at them and they were correct and then I signed. They were as stated above for the 60 months. He went to put the papers in a folder and said he was out of folders, for us to go with the salesman and have him show us about the car while he found one.

After the salesman showed us the car, another salesman brought us the paperwork in the folder. I never looked at it again. I went to pay it off and the bank said the note was for 72 months. This is what I claim the dealership did. They had the 72 months paperwork, then, they printed another paper with the 60 months as well. They showed me the 60 month one. I did not calculate the 60 month and the payment to see what it totals. The totals were the same on both contracts. Like everyone else, I just paid attention to the monthly payment and amount of payments.

Once signed, they shredded the 60 month one and put the 72 month in my folder they had to go look for. This is all possible because they don’t have financial contracts that are put together. They use single page typing paper. I told the dealership I could show her exactly how they did it. She claimed their dealership would not do that. Strange that both employees somehow don’t work their anymore and they are under new management since I was in there. It’s not rare salesman come and go, but the financial guys usually stay a long while. I strongly recommend you not shopping at this dealership and I hope General Motors will investigate as well when I notify them.

- [ ]

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased a new Chevrolet for reliability and to transport my family. I've had it for 2 months and 2k miles and it's been nothing but a nightmare and headache. It's been at a dealership 3 different times for multiple days at a time and I've been given no loaner. So now instead of me being able to provide transportation for my family back and forth to school I'm unable to do that. This is absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I chose a new GM vehicle over your competitors and it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I would not recommend this company. All the GM support advisors do is schedule appointments, they don't care about your concern, nor do they care to get to the bottom of the actual problem. I've had my 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV for a year and a half now and Have had lots of electronics problems. They tell me they can't use a video to fix the issue that if it's not malfunctioning at the time when it's at the dealer, they won't fix it. Of course the car comes out of its bumper to bumper warranty by mileage and the entire infotainment fails and the other issues I've complained about will finally get fixed at my extended warranty's expense and my $100 deductible.

I call to speak with a senior advisor, they don't call back, they don't call when you tell them to call and will do what they want, when they want. This is the worst car company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I've had Hondas, Fords, VWs and Chevy and Chevy has been the worst ownership experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I come from a family that prided itself on owning Chevrolet trucks – trucks that ran for 200K+ miles. That came to an end for me today. I own a 2016 Suburban LT that's used as our primary family vehicle. At just over 64K miles, the car started to show signs of a delayed shifting between P, R, and D. It would hesitate and then jump into gear. The vehicle would also shake when on the highway and shifting between gears. The dealer first suggested re-programming the transmission and a fluid flush at a cost of $700, but the symptoms persisted. Upon further investigation by the transmission technician, I was presented with a price of $7,000 to replace the transmission with a remanufactured one.

Visibly frustrated, the dealer suggested that I could approach GM about cost sharing of the repair, but only after performing a tear down of the transmission which was another $1,500. The dealer suggested that they needed to tear down the transmission so that they could identify precisely what went wrong and then report back to GM via a software application (not person to person interaction). Also, how convenient for GM and the dealer to have my vehicle taken apart before presenting me with a cost sharing proposal. GM already knows that the transmission needs to be replaced - and after it's replaced, the broken transmission is sent back to GM to be remanufactured and sold to another dissatisfied customer whose transmission has failed because of poor mechanical craftsmanship.

After several conversations with GM's Sr. Advisor and a Supervisor, which knew very little about transmissions or repairs in general, I was told that they would not consider any cost sharing until the tear down was performed - and it was my full responsibility to pay the $1,500 for tear down. So, before even knowing the full cost of repairing the vehicle, I need to pay $2,200? GM doesn't need the transmission torn down to address my issue. The Sr. Advisor and Supervisor should have had autonomy to escalate and do what’s right – which is be highly empathetic; own the mechanical flaw in craftsmanship; problem solve with me; and tell me that they’ll pay a certain percentage of the total repair cost to replace the transmission with one that’s been remanufactured.

But, they didn’t do that; they didn’t stand by their product or their customer commitment. To me, it’s disgusting to see on GM’s website that they "pride themselves on ensuring an exceptional ownership experience”. It’s a poor product and terrible company – that’s why they reduced the power train warranty from 100K in 2015 to 60K in 2016 – and have a class action lawsuit against them on the Yukon XL (not sure why Suburban is not on here, but will investigate). Ford may not be any better, but that’s where I’m headed – and that never would have happened had GM stood by their craftsmanship issue and done everything that they could have to satisfy me as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Lies! Do not let them pull your credit! The General Manager Chevrolet Jim ** on the River in Tulsa, informed me that they work with all types of credit and that he was certain with a my 560 credit score he could get me in a car. He lied, the car lot stated I needed a co-signer and would have to trade in my current vehicle on top of that. That’s with $2,000 down all for an $18,000 vehicle. Also when the pulled my credit, as to what they called as a “soft hit” turned into 5 inquiries all from my application with them. I would not only NOT recommend them, I will advocate against any potential buyers from even contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I LOVE my 2013 Sonic Hatchback, but I HATE CHEVY MARKETING!!! I've tried for 7 years to get off their mail list and they ignore EVERY Request!!! I've already stopped using their service dept. I am SO SICK on getting their "Certified Service" mailings and they won't stop. I've tried opting out by calling GMC, The Dealer and using the gmcontactpreferences dot com, but these arrogant jerks have ignored my requests for 7 YEARS!!! What a waste of paper. I am sure I scared the crap out of the last person to answer when I called AGAIN to get off the mailing list. I'm selling a car I love, and switching to Honda!

Chevrolet Company Information