2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chevrolet Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have owned a big variety of vehicles Ford's Dodge Volkswagen Etc. My first car was a Chevy 1968 Chevelle Malibu El Camino. Really nice car. Never had any issues with it. Really tough engine. Great transmission. My second one was a 1969 Chevy Impala. Never had any issues. Both of them nice old muscle cars I put together myself. Put a lot of money into it. Was all Chevy parts. You can't go wrong with them. I put a small block 400 in the El Camino and a 350 in the Impala both with Turbo 350 Transmission. I would recommend Chevrolet product to anybody. I really enjoyed both these vehicles that was in my younger years when it was all about speed and looks. Now it's more about comfort and safety. Chevrolet has all of that wrapped up in their vehicles now. I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We purchased a 2014 current and last style Impala to be manufactured. The Impala was driven less than 12000 miles. It is without question the finest automobile we have ever had the pleasure of driving. The ride is terrific, provides consistent 29 miles per gallon or slightly better in ideal conditions. The automobile has all the bells and whistles save factory navigation. We enjoy each and every amenities on this vehicle save one item. I'm not a real fan of low profile tires. We will soon remedy the low-profile malady by downsizing from 245 45 r19 to a 17 in wheel which will be very close in total circumference with a much higher sidewall.

This will provide a much gentler ride over bumps, bumps and road imperfections and still odometer and transmission will operate correctly. I am currently researching correct replacement wheel so as to accommodate the larger brakes on this vehicle. Offset and bolt pattern must be adhered too. I really believe in days to come current SUV fanatics will come to realize the sedan was a good buggie. For the life of me I do not understand and yet I do. What does not sell you bring off the market! So happy I was able to get one, and almost a new one, suits me. Lots of room and a joy to operate.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I currently have a 2004 Silverado 1500, a "dream" of many years. Aside from the general maintenance of any vehicle (breaks and the likes) this truck is AMAZING! I give, as an example: about a year ago, I was about 50 miles from home when the coolant line sprung a leak! I'd noticed a small puddle under the vehicle when I came out of the store where I'd been shopping, but thought it was condensation. On the drive back, through some rather rural area, I noticed a slight increase on the temperature gauge so I drove with care not to over-exert the engine. Taking the truck immediately to the mechanic, they opened the reservoir for the coolant to find it completely dry!

Repairs were made and subsequently I learned that these vehicles have a "protection" against over-heating! It saved my day, my purchases, my sanity, to be sure. This truck, even at its age, has been a blessing, helping me move house, hauling brush and wood, it's amazing in snow, and I live in a mountainous region in Northern New York state where Winters can be quite brutal. As for the rating given about the cost, quite honestly, I find the cost of motor vehicles these days to be rather unreasonable over all. But even for the basic Silverado, I would say, considering the peace of mind and safety, I've experienced with mine, the price is "reasonable." Could be better (lower of course), but as is: perfectly reasonable. I recommend the model to everybody, even those who think trucks are out of their personal style. Drive one, you'll be stuck forever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Too bad GM killed this car. 2018 is the last year for the 6 speed manual. Not even available in the 2019, and now, GM thought it was a great marketing move to kill all of their cars that normal people can afford. My car has been very reliable, and on a recent Buffalo to Chicago trip, averaged nearly 50 MPG. It also has a great deal of useable power and torque with the manual box. A 1.3 litre turbo 4 is not the slug you might expect. I don't want an SUV or truck of ANY kind. I want a car that's fun to drive and handles well. That's why GM is getting it back in a week when my lease is up - and isn't leasing me anything else. After leasing me my last 4 cars. I've replaced it with a 21 year old car in excellent condition, which pays for itself in about a year of not making payments. Now I can buy something really fun instead - another motorcycle!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I'm really pleased with my Equinox. Drives GREAT. Good gas mileage. Zero things to dislike about the car. Buying it, and dealing with Chevrolet has not been satisfactory. Problem 1: Chevrolet wants to sell On-Star. Fine. I don't want it. Eventually, On-Star called me one day when I started the car. I could't shut it off. Chevy was broadcasting an add into my car, without my consent. I was so mad. They got me to press the "button". I tried to be nice to the operator. But, told them "no", and don't do that again. And, "yes", someone can contact me about this. No one every has done so. Bottom line: Chevy could not PAY ME to own On-Star. (I've designed electronics for 40 years. I bet I can disconnect the antenna).

Problem 2: I love the multi-media center. But occasionally, they lock it up with a text message. It is a warning that I should not look at the screen while driving. And, I must acknowledge by pressing OK to release the screen. How hypocritical that I should read, and acknowledge a long text before the screen functions. I would like to punch the attorney whose idea this is in the nose, and then in the groin (hypothetically, of course). That is a piece of software that is broken!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: May 27, 2020

I’ve been a Chevy driver for 20+ years but will never buy another one after the one I have now. I currently have a 2013 Silverado crew cab. Not my first one but over the years that I’ve had it 2 of the handles have come off 2 different doors. I’m single and not many other people get in my truck. I’m not rough on it and it’s frustrating that this has happened twice. It’s right at $200 to have the handles replaced with part and labor. My daughter has a Suburban and 2 different handles have fallen off her vehicle, and my neighbor has a Tahoe and one of her handles fell off also. I thought it was just me but obviously it Chevrolet. Crazy!! I’m 57 and I’ve had a lot of vehicles in my many years of driving and I’ve never had this happen before. As much as these vehicles cost, they are made cheap!! Never again!!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I sold my Mercedes CLS500 to buy a VOLT, it broke my heart but I found it necessary at that time. And I like the Volt, in sports mode it will outrun anything, the mileage is great, barely needs service, but it has one big downside - propulsion problems. At any given time there's a good chance your Volt's little gas engine will start howling up like crazy, you will drive max 20 mph and sit (roll) and wait until the car gets over his "propulsion power reduced" moment... what can be very inconvenient if not dangerous on a freeway or driving up a hill. You might give it to your dealer for "software updates", as this is the only service this car needs :) But the problem will come back. Also the initial 45 miles on a battery will get less and less, mine is currently 27. How much that all annoyed me? I bought my Mercedes CLS back and now we have 2 cars that could not be any more different form each other. Guess which one I drive most....

Original review: May 24, 2020

I would give them 0 stars but they do call you and check on the issue, but they don't fix the issue. I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze LT and the check engine light recently came on so I took it to autozone and had the codes read. The code came back for a knock sensor and since I have a warranty on my car I called to check to see if it was a covered part with them and confirmed that I have 1 hour free diagnostic and the part was covered but the check engine light went off and stayed off for a few weeks. It came back on not too long ago and this time the codes reads intake airflow system performance so I just take to Chevy because at this point I am just done with the car and don't want to cause any damage driving it. The problem Is that I have been in contact with Chevy corporate for 2 months on this issue asking for assistance because if the part is something that was not covered under my warranty I didn't think I should be responsible for it. They have done nothing to help out with trying to solve the issue.

Original review: March 6, 2020

We purchased a 2016 Chevy Impala for my husband. In the 3 years we have had the vehicle, we have replaced the following items: 2 batteries, 1 starter, 1 purge valve. I am writing a review today in regards to the purge valve. Our check engine light came on and so we took it to our mechanic. The mechanic stated that the purge valve needed to be replaced, so we replaced it. 3 days after we paid for the repair, a letter in the mail came from Chevy stating the purge valve may be bad and to take it to the dealership to be replaced. Since we already replaced the valve, I applied for the reimbursement. Chevy is denying my reimbursement since it was not done at the dealership. This is the last Chevy we will ever own.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The purchase of this SUV was record-breaking in that it was my first SUV and the newest vehicle I had ever owned. Within a year and a half I learned that GM believes that the engines in their vehicles can only be expected to last 5 years and that it is too bad, so sad that the engine in my vehicle stopped working. Anyone I spoke to found it inconceivable that a properly serviced vehicle would need to have the engine replaced at less than 100K miles.

GM believes that since I did not have one of their dealers handle the repairs for my vehicles, there is nothing they can do as only their dealership can accurately diagnosis the cause of the engine failure and due to the age of the vehicle (barely 6 years old) it is solely my responsibility. The non-GM explanation as to the cause of the engine needing to be replaced was that the number one cylinder had grenaded damaging the electrode on spark plug.

Chevrolet Company Information