3.76/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Trucks

Chevrolet makes several models of mid-size and full-size trucks. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

470 Chevy Trucks Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

Aloha, my name is Rashel ** & I purchased a brand new Chevy Colorado the 23rd of March 2019. As soon as I drove it off the lot, the AC intermittently stopped blowing cold air, & started blowing warm air instead. After driving a few miles, the AC would blow cold air again. I thought it was something that happens because it was brand new & had to run a bit. But, THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME I DRIVE MY COLORADO! I made an appointment and took it into Servco Auto Waipahu.

Finally, after 2 1/2 hours, my truck was brought back to the check in booth, (on a side note, the mechanic said he drove it for a half an hour, but the mileage on my truck was the same when I drove it off as when I took it in.) What a disappointment it was when Jayda printed out the findings. And I quote,

"Suspected evaporator core of AC is freezing up & causing warm issue, there is no fix at this time per GM engineers." I was not satisfied w/ the answer so I called Chevrolet's customer service.

After weeks of calls back & forth, this is what Chevrolet said. Chevrolet states that installing factory parts could result in possible reoccurring. Now that's after the customer service rep, "Soli" wrote, "we understand you are still having a concern w/ your AC not working properly TO YOUR LIKING". Are you kidding me 'Soli?' It would be to my liking if the AC WOULD JUST WORK PROPERLY!!! I am VERY OFFENDED by the comment made by Chevrolet's customer service rep Soli! I asked for the name of a supervisor & I haven't received any name/email on it since, July 12, 2019.

FYI to those who's thinking about a vehicle from Chevrolet, the above was Chevrolet's final resolution/fix to the problem w/ my AC, that probably existed coming off the assembly line. Too bad, from my salesman Craig, to the manager I spoke w/ to finalize my purchase, to the service adviser Jayda. All of THEIR hard work to make customers feel like they are valued, to have it all erased because of a situation/experience like I experienced w/ Chevrolet. I want a fix for the problem w/ my brand new 2019 Chevy Colorado! Not Chevrolet's final resolution being that there is no fix, they didn't try a thing.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Let me specify that my wife and I bought 6 Chevrolet products within 11 years prior to this incident. Bought my 2013 Silverado 1500 new and with 15 miles on it second day smelled antifreeze so I took it in and they said heatercore was bad so I was waiting on the rental when I saw the mechanic throw my dash and seats across the concrete pavement watching it slide and mind you it was a $32,000 new truck and when I got it back all the interior had scratches in it.

Immediately I pointed it out and the waiting began and I said if they gave me new running boards, mud flaps and wheel well liners and tailgate lock I’d let it slide and that was a big mistake because it took several weeks and when I got it back it rattled big time inside while driving it. I tried to get a new truck both the dealer and Chevrolet denied to give me one so I got a new 2015 Ram 1500 3.6L and love it. Done with Chevy for good and Craig Smith Auto Group in Galion Ohio.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My 1999 Chevy is a small truck but it has gotten me to many places on vacation and for work. It drives decent usually. I hope it last until I get a newer automobile this year. It runs when it is not falling apart. It broke down a few times this year already. It needed a new part on it and it cost me some money. Also, I had to get new tires for it last year.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Consumers complain of corroded brake lines in older GM trucks - June 2018 - 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z-71 1500. 98,000 miles. Always in Connecticut. Had truck rust proofed when new, but that did not help brake line issue. Luckily I was just pulling out of the driveway when the pedal went completely to the floor with no stopping power. The brake line going to rear of the truck blew right under driver's door leaving the entire contents of the reservoir on the ground. This is terribly dangerous! Supposedly front brakes should have worked, but didn't. Found a complete replacement kit of "NiCopp" lines for $100 (plus fluid and tools) online, and lots and lots of videos about it - which also indicates widespread problem. This truck has been my "baby" since new and am terribly disappointed. Would love to hear about some sort of class action. GM should be held accountable for this extremely dangerous issue.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I turned my Chevy truck, 2002 into a parking space. The brakes were hard as a rock. Didn't slow a bit. Been working great... Someone told me it was my power steering pump failing. Scared the crap out of me, and guess what? No recall.

UPDATE 05/29/2018

The problem was the front Left wheel bearing The ABS sensor is in there.....I had no indicator lights lit, no brake, no ABS, No Warning at all , also there Is No recall for this problem hope no-one gets hurt..or worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?

Original review: April 26, 2018

I purchased a certified used 2006 Chevy Trailblazer in 2007 with only about 11k miles. I love my SUV. I love the size and the third row option. I have had very few repair problems with my vehicle but this could be attributed to the fact that I work from home and my local stores are within a mile. My warranty expired within 6 years of ownership and the first fairly major repair was a water pump, which gave way in October. I just hit 50,500 miles after 11 years of ownership and so, I feel that my Chevy Trailblazer is a very durable vehicle.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have a 2005 Chevy Colorado model and have over 175,000 miles on it with only routine maintenance. Body is in great shape. Did have a problem with the security system right after I bought it, which was fixed under warranty.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I’ve had my Chevrolet Blazer for 18 years and I hope it lasts another 18 years. I love this truck. It doesn’t rust, it’s galvanized steel. No matter what has been wrong with it except a dead battery, it’s always started and always run.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I really love my 2003, 4wd, S-10 Chevrolet Blazer, the only things I'd change would be to have a 4dr instead of 2, and have the spare tire stored elsewhere than the back window.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Chevrolet Avalanche only have problems with the sensor. They are very sensitive and always seems to be a replacement have to be done. The year 2010 is when the automobiles was no longer made.

Chevy Trucks Company Information