2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (752 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevy Trucks

Chevrolet makes several models of mid-size and full-size trucks. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevy Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

GM has a premature problem with brake line failure as outlined in TSB 13-05-22-001 but GM states that your vehicle will stop if one of your brake lines fail. This is not the case! I parked my 2004 Avalanche at home without any symptoms of a brake line leaking. When I came out in the morning, I started my vehicle, placed my foot on the brake pedal and it went to the floor. GM states that this issue is not life threatening as the vehicles have dual master cylinders which allow the vehicle to be driven to a place to be serviced. This was not the case with my 2004 Avalanche nor with my friend's 2003 Silverado whose brakes failed completely at highway speed totaling the Cadillac CTS-V it was forced to strike as no means of stopping remained!.

As I left my parking space, I realized that I could go no faster than 5 or 10 miles per hour in order for my truck to slowly come to a stop. Once I finally came to a stop, I needed to place the transmission in neutral so it would not drift forward. My vehicle was then towed to a service center. Had this happened at a higher rate of speed, I would most definitely have been involved in an accident. Not all cars with hydraulic brake systems have the problem of losing their brakes completely. Why does GM?

Original review: April 30, 2016

I have had my Chevy volt for a little over 4 years... In the last 2 years I have experienced the main battery unit will not take a charge. I had to take it into the dealer and they worked on it on two occasions (2014 & 2016). It now will not charge to its full range of 40 miles... It seems to only charge to approx 36 miles then as time goes by it starts charging to something less than that until it will all of a sudden it won't take a charge at all. The dealer's representative cannot explain the reason to me... I need help with this problem.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Reason for the review is so that other people who look up information about the car see the not-so-good things as well as the good things. Good: It's quiet. In warm climate it's good on fuel. It's cheap to purchase compared to a Prius (For a reason).

Bad: In the past 7 months it has been in the shop 37 times. It has a exhaust leak that GM indicates is part of the design. It gets 9.4MPG in the Winter due to the cold (GM says it's normal). It has broken down on me twice forcing me to drive a 27 year old Toyota to get to and from work. The heat is terrible. Range is about 1/5th the distance in the cold, and the charging costs double. It's terrifyingly slow on the highway. GM indicates that the range extender is not to be used for road trips. It has shorted out my house once. The steering column has come apart twice, GM had a Class Action Suit against them for this. I had to get a lawyer to get GM to pay attention. The insurance cost on it is double a Mustang due to parts replacement.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Vehicle is only 6 months old and this is the second time I have towed it back to the dealer for no start, gauges going berserk and loosing backlight. Anti-theft some how erased my code in my key and wouldn't allow me to start it. Battery acts like it's dead but not!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

2012 Chevy Sonic with 35,500 miles. No indication of brake issues prior to entering an Interstate Highway exit ramp at 65 mph and discovering "no brakes". The short ramp turned as a 25 mph curve. The car crashed into the guardrail. Insurance totaled the car out. Now, the insurance company will specify me at fault, unless Chevy investigates the car. Apparently, there are other complaints of brake issues with this car, but so far.... Chevy has not come through with anything.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

08 Chevy 3500 Silverado - I was driving home when I heard loud bang. Seatbelt yanked me back in seat. Truck dies. 4 way flashers come on and truck dies. The dealer told me the airbag sensor must have signaled the seatbelt retractor to deploy because it sensed a accident although I was not in one. To me this is a safety issue and should be addressed by GM. I am just glad I was not on the highway with other vehicles as this happened.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I Bought a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic and have only had it for close to 3 years. I have had the sway bar replaced twice because of it leaking on the right passenger side then the seals on the engine where causing a leak so that had to be repaired. Then like a month ago it was having a coolant leak and all. That was a clamp on a hose that was loose but that is not the point. These things should not have to be fixed on a car that is this new. Do not buy a Chevrolet Sonic. Never again am I going to buy an american car. Toyota here I Come.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

My husband drove his 2001 Chevy 2500 HD truck to McDonald's and then back no problems. He shut it off, went inside. Today and about 2 min later looked outside and flames were coming out of the windshield of his truck. Fire Department said 100% that it was faulty wiring and no other reason could have caused this fire. They pinpointed where the fire started and it was in the ignition. Therefore it was in no way his fault.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

This 2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4 I bought new this year is not good. This past Thursday went in for oil change. There was a recall on the four-wheel drive, was told they were going to do the upload. It is now Monday Dec. 14, the computer was messed up in the recall fix. I deserve compensation for being without my new truck 16,000 miles on it this long, not my fault for this. Early this year had a recall on driver's seat, took it in, without it again for two days, never had this much trouble with a new truck. No compensation for being without it. The dealership should take care of their customers.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

Rented 2014 compact car-Chevy Spark from Dollar at Pittsburgh, PA airport. This is the NOISIEST vehicle I have ever driven! I have a splitting headache. The road noise is so bad. The seats are very uncomfortable and the fuel gauge is NOT user friendly. I could not tell how much fuel was left before empty. By the time I saw the "fill fuel" I ran out of gas!!! I have never ran out of gas in my 35 yrs of driving. I have rented many cars, and I can assure you I will never rent a Spark again.

Chevy Trucks Company Information