3.7/5 (1550 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevy Trucks

Chevrolet makes several models of mid-size and full-size trucks. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevy Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

2010 Chevy Equinox with 89,000 miles. Starting early this year April 2015, engine began rapidly burning oil. Piston rings needed to be replaced because of defect. Chevy provided extended warranty and covered repairs. Two months later the transmission fails. 3 months after powertrain warranty expires. Chevy agrees to provide assistance. We pay a $400 deductible and Chevy replaces transmission. A month later, same issue but computer related. Dealer accepts responsibility. A week later, the horn stops working. We pay out of pocket $200. Still weeks later, driving to NY, engine light comes on and we pull off the NJ Turnpike to call for tow.

Chevy can't provide rental car because it's off hours and we'd have to wait for diagnostic and get rental approval. Turns out the fuel injectors need replacing. Couldn't wait to have car diagnosed so I had to rent a car out of pocket 439.60. Chevy not reimbursing and want us to pay for repairs 1700.00. Chevy offers assistance and we have to pay $850.00 to fix.

I feel we shouldn't be held responsible for any further repairs as this car is defective. Service rep even said so. Chevy engineers can't even explain why this is happening. We've done everything to keep car up to snuff. Oil changes, servicing. Car is under driven and shouldn't be giving us this many problems. I feel that initial repair work of piston rings wasn't done properly resulting in a snowball effect. I feel that Chevy should cover the cost of repairs and the rental. Had we been close to home, rental car wouldn't have been necessary because we could have borrowed a car until this was addressed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I bought a new 2011 Traverse. Have had problems with it from the beginning. I bought it with all the bells and whistles expected it would last a lifetime and wouldn't have to purchase a vehicle right away. I do not believe in trade-ins since they rip you off generally. I spoke to the manager when I took it in for servicing after the third time in less than one month. No help!! Very rude about it! I even spoke to a GM manager, no help there either!

Anyways I took it in for repair within three days because my brand new Traverse battery died, which they didn't understand why. Then the steering wheel started making noise, which they said was normal. Whatever! Then all the recalls came. I think my Traverse payments should be made by the company since it's there more than with me. Then a water pump issue came up where it was overheating!!! It's still new!! It should not overheat. Then a funky noise with the AC fan they had to replace. Then a strut issue, they also repaired. Now a check engine light turns on!! It only has 38k miles.

My Ford pickup has 159k and took it in ONCE for a recall. That's it!! That's how cars should be reliable, especially when have children and work. I just received a letter of another recall of the Tailgate!! How many more recalls and problems do they have to see before they realize they are manufacturing them WRONG! Something needs to change. Very dissatisfied and unhappy!!

Original review: July 26, 2015

I have my 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche truck that has about 50,000 mile. On 7/24/2015 (Friday), I was towing an 8,000 travel trailer traveling down Route 61 in Kentucky heading to Dale Hollow Marina State Park. All of a sudden, the brakes failed as I was trying to brake following a convoy of military vehicles. I couldn't stop it but had to change lane avoiding hitting the military vehicle. In changing lane, I almost hit another vehicle on the other lane. It was very scary situation for me and my kids in the truck. I was driving about 55 miles per hours then.

The brakes totally failed but I managed to drive it using the trailer brake to a Chevrolet/GMC dealership, who checked it out and said the brake lines were "exposed" and now leaking brake oil due to corrosion. As he checked out my truck, he told me that he just had another truck from other out of state having the same issue. Even though the truck is about 11 years old, it only has about 50,000 miles. How could brake lines have such bad corrosion? In fact, a year before that, my parking brake broke also due to corrosion.

I have other cars and van (i.e., Honda), where I have them over 200,000 miles and over 15+ years, but have no corrosion or brake lines rusted and failed like this. I am very disappointed at Chevrolet/GMC having such a poor workmanship on the vehicles. Reading what other people are having the similar issue, I don't understand why there are no recalls in fixing this problem since it's a safety issue.

Original review: July 22, 2015

We own a 2007 Chevy HHR. It was sitting in our driveway and the interior burst into flames. Our grandkids had JUST been riding in this vehicle. I want answers! How could this happen? Your GM agent said "since we had called our insurance first, if they settled, this would be THEIR car and they would have to deal with them if they thought it was GM's fault". Otherwise, we no longer have any say in this matter? Is this how you deal with safety issues? Very disappointing!!!

Original review: July 6, 2015

I was driving on Highway 37 on July 4th in Indiana and was getting off at a exit and when I pressed on the brake to slow down the pedal went to the floor and really made me concerned that I would hit the car in front of me. I have owned since it was new and I have taken very good care of it. My truck is show room condition. I very carefully pulled to the side of the road and looked thinking it might be wheel cylinder and seen fluid all under the frame. I carefully drove it home and jacked it up and replaced the wheel cylinder and went to bleed the brakes when I seen fluid spraying on the frame. After really looking I could see the brake line really rusted so I looked on the internet and there were thousands of people having the same issue - many got into serious wrecks because of this issue.

I am 54 years old and have never seen brake lines rust through like this. The reason they did not make this line with stainless steel or have it in a conduit is scary. Please help me with this issue. Loyal Chevrolet owner. I have a 1968 Chevy c10 that has the original brake lines. I have owned a lot of vehicles and have never had this problem. This is very serious. Thank you. I did not wreck and I have to replace this line. Please help.

Original review: June 25, 2015

My truck drops out of power steering for no apparent reason and the truck is really hard to turn without the power steering. I stop the truck and turn it off and then back on and it works fine -- for a while. Has happened at least 10 times. This is definitely not safe -- if you lose steering on a curve at night it could be catastrophic to say the least. I took it to my dealer and they say they are awaiting parts -- with no estimated time that they might come in. I really don't have a lot of confidence they really know how to fix it. Have had rental car at GM's expense for over a week now. Have seen a lot of other complaints about a GM products electrical power steering problems -- this ain't their first rodeo!

Original review: June 18, 2015

My 2013 Chevrolet Equinox SagaSettle in-Its a long one! On March 27th 2015 I bought my 2013 Chevrolet Equinox at the recommendation of my dad, the satisfied owner of a Chevy Traverse. My dad was so pleased with his Traverse that I allowed him to be in complete control of my car hunt and let him know the exact features I was looking for, including GPS navigation and a reliable hands-free (Bluetooth) system for talking on the phone and listening to music. I also mentioned that XM radio would be a bonus. I spend all day in my car and on the phone for my job. I've put nearly 9,000 miles on the car already, so these features were extremely important to me, not just for entertainment but for safety because of the necessity of phone conversations while driving.

I went back to my hometown to car shop and left after test-driving just one perfect Chevy Equinox with 36,000 miles and all the features I wanted according the sales person, including XM radio. I explained to them how important the features I wanted were. They even helped me connect my phone before leaving. We negotiated that they make the car a certified pre-owned for the extended warranty, which they did. I was satisfied! Shortly after leaving the lot, I realized the sales guy was wrong-there was no XM radio. Okay-no big deal. I could supplement that on my phone as an app and listen to it that way. In the grand scheme of things, it was a minor annoyance. Onward I went!

Weeks went by and as I fully immersed myself into my brand new job with my brand new-to-me car I started to notice some glitches in the audio/Bluetooth system. First, sometimes it was difficult for people to hear me that I was speaking to on the hands free phone system, but I could hear them fine. But the biggest annoyance was with the Bluetooth audio connectivity on my phone. Each time I would get back in my car, the phone-talking feature would connect automatically but the music wouldn't. I would go on the MyLink screen, scroll to Bluetooth and wait for it to start playing. but the screen would just say PAUSED with a play symbol. So I hit the play symbol and..nothing! Check to make sure music on my phone is playing? Yep! So I go to the Phone settings on the MyLink screen to make sure the phone is still connected-it is. But just to be safe, I touch the device listed just to be sure.and it disconnects.

I then go back to the device pairing list and connect the phone again. THEN AND ONLY THEN can I go to the Bluetooth option and start to hear my music. And so repeats this process every single time I get into my car. At best, this is a 3-5 minute process before I pull away. At worst, it repeats this cycle for as long as an hour before it'll actually start playing instead of saying PAUSED while my music is playing on the phone. When my music does actually play through the speakers, it skips like a CD would skip but it's not a CD.

I was due for an oil change not long after getting the car, so on May 18th I took the car in on a Wednesday to the local Chevy dealership where I live-Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC. That's right JGC, I'm putting you on blast here! I fill them in on the situation with the audio and they tell me it could be a couple hours wait for them to do the oil and check out my problem. I have plenty of work I can do while I wait, so I tell them to go ahead, take their time! The wait is about an hour before they call me back out to the shop. A tech asks me to show him the exact issue, and I do. He agrees with me that it's strange and glitchy and suggests to my service advisor that I bring the car back so they can call their tech support with the unit in possession. I schedule with ** to bring the car back on Friday at 8am.

I take a car back and they spend 2 hours looking it over. I wait patiently, getting work done like before. When the service advisor calls me back to the shop, she tells me that they couldn't do anything to fix it and that my options are to use an auxiliary chord to connect the phone and play music steadily or call GMC myself. The reason, she says, is that my phone is not compatible. I have an iPhone 5s, which came out the same year as the car (thus, I would imagine it would be compatible) AND I have an iPhone 6-both of which are experiencing these issues. I am disheartened, but not one to show my ass if I can avoid it. I bought the car for these specific features, and this advisor is telling me that my phone is not compatible AND I have to use a chord... two things I specifically wanted to avoid when I bought the car.

I decide I will call the hometown Chevy dealer I bought it from for advice, hoping they would advocate for me with this dealership where I live. They don't. Not really. Instead, they ask me for many descriptions of the issue and ask me to check the GM Total Connect website to make sure my phone is compatible - I do. It is. I wait for a call back that never comes until I call them. They keep saying they have no solution because they can't see the car and I tell them what I know they cant fix it but what I am looking for is some advocacy with the JGC dealership on actually trying to solve the problem instead of passing it off.

I even take photos and video of all the problems I'm having and send them in to him. The hometown shop advisor assures me he will call me back. Two weeks pass and he doesn't, so I call him. He also mentions the incompatibility issue and I remind him of the very specific needs I told the sales team at that dealership when I bought the car. For them to have knowingly sold me something that didn't meet those needs would be unethical. For them to have unknowingly done it would be human error-but I would expect someone to make it right. After all, the car is still under warranty and this is covered.

I decide to call GMC as was advised at JGC. Once on the phone with them, I explain the issue in detail to one two three... four different people. Mind you, I'm doing this while pulled over on the side of the road working - because I travel for work and this is eating into my work time. Each person I speak to goes over the compatibility issue. I'm told that Apple has special security software that makes it less compatible. But this is irrelevant. I was specific about what I wanted when I bought it. The GM Total Connect website says both of my phones are compatible for all features. And aside from that it's not just the music that is the issue. The hands free phone feature is glitchy. Not to mention that OnStar actually told me verbatim that they couldn't download directions to my vehicle once because my car wasn't putting out a signal.

I use OnStar all day every day and this doesn't happen often, and I'm not sure its necessarily related to the other issues, but it sure seems as though the cars audio/Bluetooth/fancy center hardware and/or software system is simply not working properly. I make it clear that what I want is what was promised. As trivial as it may be to some consumers who do not spend all day in their cars, this is very important to me-even if just listening to my maps give me turn by turn navigation from my phone. Music aside-the hands free/Bluetooth features are about safety. But safety aside, it's about fulfilling what a product promises to do.

An auxiliary chord may or may not solve the problem with the music, but its beside the point. I bought Bluetooth. And at one point, one of the GMC reps I was talking to actually told me to call Bluetooth and gave me their phone number. So the dealerships pawn it off on each other, then pawn it off on GMC, who tries to pawn it off on Bluetooth. But Bluetooths phone wasn't working when I called-oh the irony. It also didn't work when the GMC rep tried to call. She had no choice but to press on to solve my problem. The last GMC rep I talk to, who is apparently the third level of support, tells me she will contact the dealership I took the car to in May and find out what ticket they opened. She vows to call me back tomorrow which is now today.

Today comes, no call. So I call them at 4pm. They claim they tried to call but my phone never rang-whatever. So they tell me once again about the incompatibility. I tell them once again about the GM Total Connect website never mentioning any poor connectivity between iPhones (arguably the most popular smart phone brand on the market) and actually how the website says verbatim that it is, in fact, compatible. We go in circles for a while. She says that they actually contacted the dealership I went to (JGC) and the service advisor actually tells her-get ready for this-that this was not the issue I brought it in for and that they never opened a tech ticket and that I needed to schedule a time to come back.

I think I actually saw red. This was the EXACT issue I brought it in for. I showed the tech at the dealership exactly what it was doing, and I was turned away and told to call GMC who is now telling me to go back to the dealership (who cant see me until next week, by the way). I told the rep on the phone that the dealership is mistaken or they have to communicated with one another accurately - this is the same issue I took it in for last time. I ask her to please call the dealership and let them know it's the same issue. I took it in for last time so that I do not waste my time going to sit and wait while they tell me all over again that they cannot (will not) help me. She will not do this because she has already described the problem to them but she WILL call them to schedule a time for me to go in.

I ask her what they're going to do for me when the dealership turns me away again and she cant answer that. It's a broken record of this is a new issue so they will look at it. No, it's not a new issue. I make it clear to her as I've made it clear to every person I've spoken to - what I want is for them to replace the defective (or just crappy) Bluetooth audio system that is covered under the warranty and very clearly not working properly. It's broken or it's just a lousy factory system - but either way you slice it, I made it clear what I wanted from the beginning and I want what I paid for.

The GMC rep patches in a service advisor from the dealership to schedule the appointment. The service advisor asks me what I've been asked so many times now that my answer sounds rehearsed: "Can you please give me a brief description of the issue you're having?" The GMC rep hears the deep sigh I let out upon being asked that question once again and immediately says I've already called you and spoken to so-and-so and you have a description of the problem! That's why were setting the appointment up. Your shop is already informed, they just need you to schedule the appointment. But no. The service advisor from the dealership says that is not sufficient and she needs to hear what the problem is again. From me.

Prime example of how excellent the communication is here. The bottom line is this: It's been weeks and GMC/Chevrolet has been just about the worst customer serviced I've experienced in general, from the initial misinformation regarding XM radio and the compatibility of my phone when I bought the car, right up until they way it's been handled by the dealership in Wilmington and the GMC hotline. Maybe for someone who doesn't spend so much time in his or her car, the lackluster factory Bluetooth audio system is adequate. But for me, it's lousy and I've gotten to where I barely use it. This is frustrating because of how clearly I articulated my needs while testing the car. And the fact that not only will no one make it right but that they're also pawning the responsibility off on various company reps and having me make all these calls is disheartening for me.

It speaks volumes about the integrity of the company and their dealerships and the value that carrying the brand has to them. Although everything is covered under warranty, I get the distinct impression that Chevy GMC will fight tooth-and-nail to avoid simply replacing the system with the updated 2015 version that is perhaps more compatible. Fix what is broken or give me what was promised - what you claim is compatible on your GM Total Connect website. Shame on you, Chevy GMC. And shame on your complete lack of customer advocacy. You've cost me countless precious hours of work time, and in my job time is money. You may win this one, but I assure you, I will never buy from you again.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I was about to tow my boat with my Silverado when my brake line leaked from the rust on it. The truck is 2005 model with only 72000 miles on it. I checked out the rest of lines and they all have rust forming on it. If this happened on the highway, it would have been really ugly. I spoke to the Chevy representative and told her about the problem. I also told her I was part of the GM Family First program. The bottom line was that GM wasn't going to help, she told me that the warranty expired 7 years ago. So much for being loyal to GM where all my cars were bought....

Original review: June 5, 2015

I live in the United States, and I experience a group of sissies that live here. We operate a ranching operation here in Wyoming. My trucks break down, on the mountain 40 miles from no where, I walk home. These are Chevrolet 3500 trucks, Ford F350 trucks. We have all the problems with these new trucks that the people in the city have. The trucks break down because the public wants someone else to be responsible for them. I have no desire to have the EPA tell the manufacturer how to meet the emission standards. When these issues are delegated by your government.

The manufacturer is doing everything possible to meet the public's desire to have the EPA involved in their truck. The solution is simple if you have a 1985 Ford or Chevrolet that you liked! Have it re-manufactured, and you will not have to deal with the 2015 emission standards. Don't buy the new truck. Your local garage can put a new engine, and transmission, brakes, paint etc, into an older vehicle and it will not cost $65,000 to have it done. And it will not break down along side the road trying to meet emission standards imposed by the government. Do not blame someone else for your decision.

Original review: May 13, 2015

Our SUV was services at Blossom Chevrolet 2 times for a total of 7 days over a 2 week time period. Our vehicle warranty covers a rental car and we did not receive one. They claim GM paid for the 1st problems no rental. Our warranty company paid for 2nd problem and they had the SUV 3 days before they contacted them.. We paid the $100 deducible and our SUV is still making the exact same noise when it starts! We are so frustrated! Our Warranty company has Paid $1800 for a problem which is not fixed! My husband talked with the service manager ** about our concerns and he was rude. We need to travel over Memorial weekend and our SUV still isn't working right!

Original review: May 4, 2015

My HHR was recalled for the second time for a power steering fail issue. Since we had already repaired the problem as the power steering had gone out, we were told to fill out paperwork and we would be refunded the money we paid. It's been over 5 months and we have been given nothing but the runaround. "The paperwork has been lost" or "I can't seem to find your file" is all we have been told. "It's the local dealers fault" or "It's Michigan's fault." They all pass the buck. This is for a measly $335. 5 MONTHS! I am beyond frustrated with their lack of efficiency and their inability to complete even the simplest of tasks. Do what you say you are going to do!`

Original review: April 23, 2015

BASICALLY they told me bc truck is more than 7 years old but still under the 70,000 mile warranty. They will not cover my mom's truck who is on disability. I am so outraged. No one sent a letter informing anyone and all they do is pass the buck. I will never buy a gm chevy or any company related to them. I will only buy Nissan and Mitsubishi after seeing how they treated my mom.

Original review: March 27, 2015

2500Hd Silverado with Allison Transmission, GAS & 8.1 liter engine. I bought this truck, basically new, from Dealer, and dealer drove for first 6,000 miles. Bought a 65 acre ranch Reno, NV, currently hauling minimum of 3 ton at least twice a month, hay, livestock, and rental RV's, now for 13 years. The truck now has 133,000 original miles. I maintain oil change, (every 5k miles) Transmission flush, rotate tires every 5k miles, do not drive hard, rarely floor it, rarely brake hard.

I still have my ORIGINAL brake pads, YES, original, and I am just finally getting down to 30 %. I HAVE NOT HAD ONE engine problem, other than, of my OWN fault. (fuel pump, at 105,000, went out) As everyone knows, the fuel pump has to stay lubricated, buy gas to run properly, if you run your truck down to less than 1/4 tank, (or like I did a half dozen times, to almost empty on the last red bar on gauge), it ruins the fuel pump. Also not changing the fuel filter but twice, in 80k miles didn't help... When my truck hit 105,000 miles, the fuel pump went out. I knew this was coming as I heard the whistling type sound starting 8 months before and asked the local Champion Chevrolet service mechanic, OVER the PHONE, not a penny spent for advice from CHAMPION Chevrolet. Reno, NV.

Almost every complaint I seem to be reading, on GMC or CHEVROLET trucks, are from pre-owned purchases, or maybe some dealer repair shop ethics, or folks that never mention the driving habits of previous owners, or don't know, the driving type, how often the vehicle was serviced, home or not, or how they drive, how many drivers, neglect to low oil, as ALL THIS comes into play, with the longevity of vehicle, and issues from neglect. I have seen in my day, even friend a mechanic, of 15 years, due to stress of divorce, neglect his own vehicle, and ran engine so low on oil, as "idiot" light failed to tell him, no oil, blow up his own Jeep engine...

All the facts that go into repairs, generally are based on type, # of drivers accessing a vehicle, the terrain, climate, of driving area, mountain, snow use of 4 wheel drive, or not use of it, etc... weekly hauling amount... city driving (constant stopping, and tranny shifting up and down) THEN add, oil changed how often? Differential oil changed, transmission flush, tires rotated, Hard drivers, that constantly floor it, only to see ahead the yellow light and then slam on braking and do this... daily, All effects of engine longevity.

I can tell you now, I have 2 GMC trucks currently, owned 6 total GMC or Chevy big block and one 1991--1500 half-ton have hauled bumper pull trailers, weekly with it, of weights far beyond 1/2 ton, more like 6k pounds atop truck weight on hay scales, and other than menial little issues, like needing new key ignition put in on 1991, and or glove box handle etc... the truck starts, runs, hauls, tows, every day.

The difference in repair complaints, in time or $$$ compared to the Competition, claiming they are better, take the time to read Consumer reviews, Complaints on them, and TYPES of issues, like thousands of same common, complaints, ENGINE, DRIVETRAIN, TRANSMISSION, FRONT END, type complaints, not DEALER or rust, or a rotor wearing fast, issues, but ACTUAL VEHICLE quality, and $3,500 + cost for fixes, on 90% then multiple issues, of major drive repair, on the 250 complaints... and you can decide for yourself. Just take care of your truck, change your oils, trans fluid flush etc... and they will run for 250k miles... and more.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

I have recently repaired yet another 3-5-r waveplate in a Chevy Traverse. In total over the past 3 years between the Traverse and the Acadia have replaced 14 of these waveplates. I am not complaining for my benefit but for the poor souls that have had to pay for the parts and labor for their vehicles. I feel it is unethical and irresponsible for G.M. to not have recalled this problem since it is clearly a manufacturing flaw. I am 20 years experience in my field of automotive mechanics. It's wrong for G.M. to knowingly sell these faulty transmissions. I have been a long time G.M. owner and I have always preferred the brand.

However after this atrocity, I cannot stand behind such a fraudulent act. The American way used to be to provide the highest quality possible to the average person. Now it is just whatever you can get away with. It disheartens me and about 87% of the population of this great nation. I realize my concerns are falling on deaf ears but I still will list my complaints. In short you know better but you choose to hide behind the chain of employees that lead to you, the c.e.o. of G.M. and it's despicable. Act like a good human being and take care of your customers not only because it's the right thing to do but also because you are nothing without them. I hope your proud of yourself and look in the mirror everyday and say to yourself, "I am a phoney and proud of it." Congratulations. You have won the shady company of the year award!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

Drives good at 126,000 miles. However drain battery after 2 days of not driving.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

Right after I purchased this vehicle I didn't want it. The dealership lied and when I kept calling them they threatened me with the company attorney, so I stopped calling and then came all the recalls and now it went to the shop for recalls and I am having to rent my own car which I can't afford and they want to charge me money to fix motor that their seal on water pump messed up. I pay 574.00 on this car every month and I am on disability. You can't speak to anyone but their reps and they are no help. I waited call for 8 days and finally went to their supervisor who only praised this person. Nothing still resolved.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I own an 09 Traverse and was totally happy with it when I bought it but then the struts in the front went out at around 70 k. Then, the transmission started acting up and then the power steering intermittently goes out. Now, check engine light came on, and has no low-end power! It also has never gotten 22 mpg like I was told. It averages between 14 and 16; don't matter if you're on the highway or city driving! And yes, it has had a tune-up (new plugs) at around 85 k. Great for room, looks nice, but not happy. I feel like it has more problems than a math book!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

The driver's side interior door handle broke off at the metal part. We were under the 36,000 mile warranty when it happened. We were on a trip and waited until we got home to take it to the body shop. We thought it would be a minor repair, but it would cost over $400 to repair it with the GM part. GM would only send a complete door trim panel for $395.00. We called GM customer service and the representative told us it would be completely covered by GM if it was due to a factory defect. Our local GM dealer's service department said we could bring the truck down to have them look at the broken part. The service department determined it was due to a factory defect. When we got home, we had a message from the local dealer that we had to pay $200 for the repair.

We again contacted the GM customer service to ascertain why the change. They stated the Service Manager at the local dealership said it was not due to a factory defect. He had not even looked at the broken part, and when talking to the service department, he had not even conferred with them. The Service Manager was very rude and more or less said his word was final. I think he just wanted to get $200 for his budget! I don't understand how he could make a determination that the broken part was not due to a factory defect when he had not examined the part. It was the cheap China metal part that broke.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2014

I bought my Chevy Avalanche new in 2004. I have not driven it in the winter, I keep it in the garage at my lake house and only drive it around 400 miles a year. This truck has never seen the mud or been in water but still has brake lines that rusted so much. I lost all fluid and could have been killed. Pictures are attached. I would like to know if Chevy will help pay for this repair. If not, this will be the Sat GM product ever purchased for and from anyone in my family. I understand things happen but this is a huge safety concern.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

After buying a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in October of 2012 I have had nothing but problems with the vehicle. We bought it certified used with a 100k powertrain warranty. Since buying the vehicle it has had a complete motor rebuild, 4 timing chains, and numerous other issues. Recently my check engine light came on. The problem that the code reader states that the Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1) is bad, which should be covered under said warranty. After the dealer notified me saying it wouldn't be covered, we opted to pick up the vehicle for just the $120 "diagnostic fee" being that the repair was around $400.

We contacted GM directly on Monday August 4, 2014 around 12 pm. The gentleman we spoke to said he didn't understand why it wasn't covered either, as it should be and that a specialist would contact us within 24-48 hours. We contacted GM again on Wednesday August 6th, and were told the same thing, with no contact. After contacting GM again Friday August 8th we were told that a specialist would contact us by the end of the day. As of Monday August 11th, we have yet to hear from anyone regarding the issue.

Original review: June 22, 2014

HHR 2009 - I got the car new. Loose wire shorted out, lost power to everything, took six months to find issue and fix. Door locks failed, $85.00 to fix. Could not turn the car off, defective ignition. Got it replaced with another defective ignition. Seat belt locked up, couldn't get out of it for 3 hrs. Headlight went out, replaced bulb, still did not work, had diagnostics reset. Replaced bulb again and it still does not work. Recall on the power steering but no parts to fix it or the ignition.

Original review: June 4, 2014

I purchased a brand new 2000 Chevy Tracker which often had major breaking problems. Once, in a rainy day on HWY101, cars in front of me started slowing down. My Tracker slid like a soap bar on wet concrete, it did not even slow down when I pushed the brakes. I avoided an accident that time by quickly changing the lane. Only months later, again in a rainy day, my Tracker slid almost 50-60 ft and slammed the car in front of me at a stop sign. My speed was only 25-35 mph, interestingly the air bags did not deploy. My brakes quit working on rainy days, they were okay rest of the time. GM Chevrolet did not even listen my story, they never accept responsibility. That was my first and last GM car!

Original review: May 22, 2014

I bought my 2012 Traverse from John Megel Chevrolet in Dawsonville, GA16 months ago. For the first 15 months, I was very happy with it. A month ago, it began to shudder when going uphill at a low speed. The shuddering worsened so I made a service appointment and left it with the dealership for 2 days. They told me that GM said it is "normal" for the vehicle to shudder and would not authorize any repair. If I had been told to expect the Traverse to shudder when climbing a hill, I would not have bought it. I have an inferior product for which I paid a superior price! I can't wait to trade it for a reliable automobile such as a Honda. My friend drives an Accord that is 18 years old and it does not shudder! I can't believe GM expects customers to be satisfied with this line of bull. When I asked the service manager for information to contact GM, he said he would have to email it to me. Really?

Original review: April 3, 2014

Purchased a 2002 Chevy Tracker on 4/30/2002. We've had some minor and some major repairs made. It's never been in any accidents and has been up-kept. 3/7/2014 Coming home from work my husband noticed the year old brakes were not working properly, was pulling, and started vibrating and SHAKING at about 40 MPH. We later noticed the back brake line was leaking. Two weeks to fix by our mechanic. On the test drive noticed Vibration Much Worse - Violent-Abrupt Shaking! With that our mechanic looked further- the front suspension cross member IS almost TOTALLY rusted out. Noticed performance problems last year- brakes/tires replaced, still not right. No one thought 'Crossmember'. Approximate mileage 110,000.

I researched- found complaints. Extended warranty- Crossmember not properly coated! We did not receive notification. Filed complaint with Safercar.org. 1 1/2 week- not posted yet. Contacted dealer, referred to GM assistance. GM took info, 'no guarantee but should help- need to see if same actual problem'. GM paid for tow to dealer. Service request # **. 3 days, dealer confirmed problem. I called GM back with damages, rep asked 'was price repair discounted?' No- found part online for $100 cheaper. Dealer c/b- what to do? Called GM back- took 3 days for them to call, message said, "due to age, miles, expired warranty GM declined to help with anything!" Stated we might want to take it somewhere for cheaper repair.

Meantime before the car was even looked at, 2 Chevy reps called trying to sell us a new vehicle! Now it sits at the dealership. They want to know what to do. It has not been repaired yet. We've been down a vehicle for weeks and it can't be driven. My husband could have gotten killed in an accident due to this and they can't even reduce repair cost! Rep Never even Acknowledged the Damages. *The attached pictures CLEARLY show this has been Rusting! Had we been notified and known about the problem- Today's issues would not exist, the dealership had our current info at that time. I'm pretty adamant about SAFETY especially now having children to transport! Always Loved this vehicle, even my previous GEO Tracker. They want us to buy GM new. Is it worth losing a GM customer over $1,200? Very, very unhappy with them as a whole right now. Throw me a bone!

Original review: March 26, 2014

I own a 02 Trailblazer. There is a strong fuel odor that is around the truck and in the cab. When my mechanic looked into this and did a smoke test on the tank found there is a crack in the top of the tank near the filler neck. Upon investigation there are many tech notes from Chevy on this issue and it is a manufacturing defect. Chevy offered no recall for this issue and the replacement tank (dealer only item) is 850.00. I have contacted Chevy about this and they have no intention of making this right. This issue has affected hundreds of thousands of Trailblazers and they seem to have no issues collecting the additional money from customers to repair their mistake.

I looked online and replacement fuel tanks for like vehicles (Explorer, Four Runner, Xterra, etc.) runs anywhere from 150-350 dollars. Chevy should be ashamed of themselves ripping off loyal customers and not doing the right thing on this issue. If they aren't going to recall this issue the least they could do would be offer the replacement tank at a reasonable price... This is the VERY LAST CHEVY I will EVER buy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2014

2002 Chevy Silverado failed inspection rusted out gas line and rear shackles, the dealer wanted $1300 for gas line parts and labor rear shackles $441.00 for one side, another $198 for the other side. Am in disbelief again as last year the brake lines failed. When is the NHTS going to issue a recall, we went to independent garage gas line done for $1000.00 rear shackles $450.00 far cry from the dealer. Gas lines and brake line should never rot off the vehicle. My truck has 92,400 miles. Please issue a recall.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2014

Went to Chevy dealer for oil change. They indicated brake lines were getting rusty and needed to be replaced. A few weeks later a brake line burst while pulling in the driveway. After a bit of research on line (web) and talking to GM and their customer service dept., it is clear that this is a large wide spread problem. There are many hundreds of thousands of Chevy trucks with faulty brake lines. This SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE A RECALL. This is an obvious materials defect from new that shows itself after a few years. No other car I own, (two that are older and higher miles), has this problem. As a physicist and expert mechanic, this is an obvious materials defect with significant danger and safety issues.

NHTSA and GM will both be culpable for injuries and death in not protecting the public from this obvious danger. The brake lines crumble in your hands after 9 years of use, totally unacceptable. GM admitted to me that they used bad materials and blamed it on using foreign metal suppliers. This does not admonish them from their responsibility. NHTSA and GM must stand up and recall these potential death traps. The least they can do is let people know their brake lines could burst at any time with no warning.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2013

I was driving Chevrolet Utility, start to smell something burning and stop the car and rush to the front and disconnect the battery terminal and search for the smell. I open the fuse box cover, I find that was burned so I want to know if anyone has experienced the same problem. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2013

I will be having the power steering pump replaced by my GM dealer. The cost will be around $1600.00 and the car (Chevy HHR) is no longer under warranty. The vehicle has only 46000 miles on it. I have read many complaints online about the same problem regarding this pump that has been known to be no good and GM is aware of this problem. The same pump has been used in other vehicles like the Chevy Cobalt and GM has RECALLED these vehicles. If the problem exists, how come GM does not want to admit that the pump is no good. I understand that my warranty is up on this vehicle (36000/3 years) but some action should be taken with GM.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2013

All the metal brake lines have corroded. One so bad, it started leaking which reduced my ability to stop the vehicle. This is not an isolated line, all lines, including the lines from the master cylinder have corroded. I contacted Jim McKay dealership to inquire about replacements, but was told they were on back order and they had no idea when they would become available again. I took the vehicle to a repair shop that said they had to bend them by hand to replace - a $2,0000 repair job! This vehicle only had 44,500 miles on it - this should not happen! Brake lines should be stainless steel, not some cheap metal that can rust away, preventing you from stopping your vehicle.

Chevy Trucks Company Information