2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (621 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevy Trucks

Chevrolet makes several models of mid-size and full-size trucks. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevy Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2013

Traveling down busy four-lane boulevard at 55 mph in heavy traffic. Traffic slowed in front of me, brakes went to floor, pumping brakes failed to slow the vehicle. Had to cross four lanes of oncoming traffic to avoid rear-end collision. Was able to slow vehicle by putting in a lower gear and then rolled to a stop in about 200 yards down a service road. Mobile mechanic stated all brake lines are severely rusted and one of the rusted brake lines blew out. Lucky to have avoided death or injury.

Original review: July 26, 2013

Attempted to stop my truck and the metal brake lines bursted due to rust. Vehicle is 2006 with 58,000 miles on it. Was backing down a hill to put a boat into the water. Had to put vehicle in drive while going backwards to prevent it from entering the water.

Original review: July 14, 2013

Wife and daughter (14 years old) were driving the truck (92,000 miles on it) when as she tried to stop the vehicle as she approached a STOP sign, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the truck went through the stop sign, exposing them to cross traffic. Luckily, other vehicles were able to stop before making contact. She was only able to stop the vehicle by driving on to the grassy median. When I checked the truck, I saw a leak from one of the rear brake lines and noted that all the other brake lines had severe rust too. Additionally, the BRAKE warning light did not come on before this incident and only came on later as I transported the truck to a repair facility (after filling up the brake reservoir).

There was absolutely no warning of any incident with the brakes before they failed and from what I have found out, this is a known issue to Chevrolet and there is an engineering investigation going on through the NHTSA but no recall has been issued yet. I find it strange that Chevrolet built this truck with a stainless steel exhaust system to avoid rust out but did NOT use the same material for such an important system as the brake lines. It seems to be simply a matter of blind luck that as of yet, no one has been killed or seriously injured due to this manufacturing defect. I am also dismayed that GM or the government have yet to notify owners of this potentially fatal flaw so people can take appropriate action and at least know that this could be an issue for them. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2013

I was moving a trailer around in my driveway after returning from a long trip. The brake pedal went all the way to the floor. Further inspection showed that a brake line mounted to the frame rail for the rear brakes had rusted through and brake fluid is leaking out on the ground.

Original review: June 20, 2013

First, I've got a 2003 GMC Sierra. The gauges kept going out. This has a recall; the dealer won't fix until they go out and stay out. This has been going on for the last 5 yrs. This is bull. The 2nd truck is a 2008 Chevy Silverado that I bought from Martin Chev in Cleveland, TX on 12-28-2008. At 33,000 miles, the door locked and stopped working. I called the dealer. They said, "Too bad." The truck was over 4 yrs old; this truck only has 44,400 miles on it right now. This shows me not to buy another GM truck. I will go to Ford; maybe they care.

Original review: June 4, 2013

At low speeds, my power steering goes out! When I make u-turns or try to park, it goes out. This is a widespread issue with the Chevy Traverse and yet GM has done nothing to recall these trucks. My truck is relatively new and this is clearly a manufacturer's defect!

Original review: June 2, 2013

1997 Chevy Tahoe with a broken dash: I have been following this for some time now. Just about EVERY Chevy truck or GMC has a broken dash in it. GM needs to look into replacing this as I know they knew this was a problem. You don't build cars and trucks as long as they have and not understand the issues with such a POOR DESIGN as this. I really like my Tahoe but this is a reflection on General Motors' QA department and their R&D department. I am really sure that their Manage department said, "Go with it," as there is no concern for the public safety at GM. If others have this problem, let's all get together and pressure our government who gave OUR TAX DOLLARS to GM to make them fix this...

Original review: Feb. 12, 2013

2002 Chevy Avalanche - While driving home from a 350-mile trip, my brakes failed due to a rusted brake line. Fortunately, people got the hell out of my way or I could have run over or into other vehicles with kids in them (Chevy just replaced some of these lines within the last 4 years). If Chevy thinks that when one brake line fails, that you still have braking power, then let me see the President and CEO of Chevy put his family in front of a Chevy truck going 50 miles per hour with one failed brake line and see if the vehicle will stop. The brakes are the most important part of the vehicle, yet is the junkiest part of the vehicle. The stainleds steel moldings will last 250 years plus, but the brake lines fail within ten years.

It is unbelievable that the majority of the public and our government want guns outlawed, but brake line failures cause numerous deaths every year yet the government continues to support GM and nobody does anything about it. The last brake line failure I had, I contacted the NHTSA, and they said, "Yes, it's a common thing we see everyday." And our taxes pay them?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2013

I love Chevy's new slogan, "Lowest cost of ownership". Here is my phrase "plan BS". In fact, our 2007 Chevy truck has been the highest cost to maintain in our fleet with calipers, bearings, seals, drive shaft, ABS, exhaust, computer and MAF all before 30k; transmission, computer again, rear seals, calipers and rotors again, brake lines, wires and plugs and exhaust gaskets were all before 50k. Now, at 64k, the truck has had $23176 in replacement parts and labor, rust all over and the truck has no trade-in value. It's worthless. A 2004 Cummins Dodge 146k $0 maintenance and trade-in value is $19k. Chevy is China crap; look at where their parts are made.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2013

I went in and bought a vehicle in July of 2012. I explained to the man what I could afford a month in a payment but that I still needed a dependable vehicle. I showed him what I was looking at and he told me he could put me in the 2007 Trailblazer. It was newer and they were great vehicles. In early October, I went down to Tennessee and saw family. On my way back, my gas cap blew off and all the oil came flying out. I didn't know this happened and when the engine started to make a ticking noise, I pulled over. I was able to get my vehicle back to my aunt's (about a 70-mile drive) and called to complain.

The warranty the dealer gave me was up and they explained to me that if I hadn't changed my own oil, there wouldn't be that big of a problem. I had my vehicle towed into a dealership down there and they wanted $4000-$7000 for another engine, but I don't have that type of money! I tried to get loans out and even called Meritrust, my loan company for the vehicle itself and they wouldn't help me. So I drove a rental vehicle home, argued a few more times and then just flat out refused to pay on the vehicle any longer.

I had problems to start with on the vehicle and the man at Brown told me it was normal for the AC to leak that much water out the bottom and make that kind of noise. Next thing you know, the fan went out! I only drove this 3 months and had these problems and then had the engine blown. Now, they want me to pay for the full price of the vehicle after they towed it back from Tennessee. I don't mind to catch up on my payments and continue my payments, but I am not wanting to pay for all these repairs. It's outrageous! If you could please help, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2012

The tire pressure monitor system went off in my vehicle today, causing me to pull over because the wipers, gauges and nothing else would work. I pulled over and not one of the tires was low on pressure. To make matters worse, the car would no longer start or do anything else once I turned it off. The key is now stuck in the ignition. This is my second issue with this 2011 Chevy Equinox. I know Chevy is the lowest brand but come on, it has just over 30,000 miles on it. To make it worse, I called GM Cares' line and they never dispatched a tow truck for me. Over 4 hours later when I called, they said, "We don't know what happened"? Are you serious? I am so, so disappointed and discouraged. I had to call them and ask why. Bad enough, your vehicle is a piece of crap. But now I can't even get service on it. This is why people do not stay loyal to GM brand.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2012

Mind you, as I'm writing this, my vehicle is in a shop with electrical issues. I've had my brakes machined 5 times before I switched to new aftermarket performance ones. List of things, a long story: I have an old beat up garage, small. At the time I was interested in a Honda CRV and a Toyota Rav4, but both vehicles could not fit into my garage due to height issues. An alternative was GM's Chevy HHR - ideal in terms of fit for garage and capabilities. I went to one dealership, Golden Mile (now closed) and put a deposit for Chevy HHR 2.4L LT model. The day I went to pick it up, the salesman told me he sold it and ended up giving back my deposit. How terrible was that? Well I needed a work vehicle ASAP. So I searched around until I found one at North York Chevrolet, now closed, also due to restructuring of GM.

I bought the vehicle through financing. The salesman told me he found one in Quebec and was having it shipped to Toronto through flat bed. No problem. The night I went to pick it up with my brother, the vehicle had 800+ km on it. I asked, “How come so many kilometers?” He said they drove it instead of the flatbed. On the contract, he changed the numbers to show it had only 22km and there were a few stone chips on the hood. I was new to this, but now know I was taken for a ride as an uninformed consumer; my fault. When 7000+ km rolled around, I was having brake issues and vibrations. These were replaced for a supposed brand new vehicle, which I believe is a lemon or a demo - ball joints, heat shield twice, key fobs twice, front shocks replaced, sway bars twice, thermostat twice, power steering column twice or three times, rear seat pull up knobs twice, shifter knob broke off, windshield wiper assembly broke passenger sided, clutch felt like it was going near 50000km documented through service at GM dealership. Mind you all my work until now has been through GM dealerships.

My catalytic went. They wanted to charge me even though my vehicle had 130000km. Two mechanics looked at it and could not determine the smell in the cabin. They wanted to start charging me to further inspect problem. I told them to put everything back together and I went to next dealership. The mechanic that looked at the vehicle found it just like that. “You need a new catalytic.” Yes, it was covered under warranty and yes I even had extended warranty. At present my vehicle has 135000km on it. My sunroof flip-up visor broke on the highway. Let’s see what else from what I can recall. The list is too long. I tried to get help through CAMVAP, OMVIC, local MPP, newspaper columnists, the news and finally through GM Canada Executive Review Board. All were no help at all. Majority of the issues were near 50000km. Now if you were to read Consumer Reports for year and model of my vehicle, it clearly states the vehicle has issues with front-end suspension, brakes, etc.

GM kept blaming me for taking this vehicle off-roading. I said, “In the city? Are you mad?” They even weighed my vehicle with my tools and found it was not over the weight limit. How insulting was that? Even at 80000km, when I talked to GM Canada about my issues, they told me to send them my documents from services performed at GM dealerships. I sent them in by mail. They claimed they never received them. What **. I ended having another conversation with GM Executive Review Board again. This time I went in person to hand over all my documents. Mind you I was fortunate to buy extended warranty and pretty much used it all up for all the repairs not covered under warranty. As for the GM Executive Review Board, the person in charge wanted to photocopy all my documents for verification and store the copies into their system. Guess what happened? She tried photocopying my documents outside of her office and the machine broke down. She ended up going elsewhere on the floor and the machine broke down again. These told how bad things were going for GM. She ended up keeping my documents and mailed the documents back by FEDEX the following day.

The only thing they can do for me is give me $1000-$2000 for my vehicle towards a new vehicle. Are you kidding me? I said, “How could this vehicle pass inspection to be on the road? This is a death machine.” I call it my hurst vehicle. Not willing to do a thing for me. Mind you my vehicle was paid in full, no outstanding debt to GM's ally financing. A lot of people online through forums for this vehicle, had similar issues but not to the extent that I've been through. I just changed my clutch with a friend. I only now have electrical issues. GM dealership had to reprogram my ECM. Talk about a big headache. This vehicle is a nightmare. I even requested to speak to the President of GM Canada to voice my displeasure for this vehicle and how no one is taking action for this lemon. What kind of new car buying experience has this been? Terrible. This person from GM Executive Review Board can see clearly this vehicle has a long history of issues but is not willing to do anything. Even if nothing gets resolved by me writing this story. I hope it reaches the masses.

I want GM to know how hurt I am as a customer. I learned to drive through GM, rented cars weekly when I got my license. I really did wish now I waited a year for the SS version of this vehicle for everyone was saying about how great it was. I'll never know and don't want to know now from the torture I had been through as a customer. Maybe it's because I'm Asian. I was never truly treated right as a customer, but hear wonderful things from friends through competitors, imports and euro. Just fabulous. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I tried to get rid of the vehicle. No one wants to touch a lemon, even a low ball. I might as well give it away. I even read a story about someone who ran their vehicle into GM headquarters USA. I thought that was great justice, seeing what I've been going through. Too bad he couldn't have used my vehicle. Mind you I don't need to go that direction with the law. Thanks for listening to my rants. There probably are more issues not listed, more off the top of my head.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2012

The brakes on my 1999 Chevrolet 1500 went out, without any warning, when coming home. I almost hit a police car at a stoplight, which would have pushed him into cross traffic. I was luckily able to get my truck to stop by slamming the transmission into low range 1 and pumping the brakes repeatedly to get a little pressure, and it stopped about 5 to 10 feet behind the patrol car. If I had been doing the full speed limit, there is no possible way I could have stopped. I was going slower than normal due to groceries sitting on the seat next to me.

Upon examining the brake lines, they are all rusted, not just the one that burst. I have had older, classic vehicles: two 1971 Chevy trucks and a 1964 Plymouth Valiant convertible and never had problems with brake lines. Yet, this 13-year-old truck, that is well taken care of and still looks new, almost killed people due to them. When I get online to search part, I discover this is a common problem that has been under investigation since 2010 and nothing is being done about it! I will be taking many, high quality photos of the line(s) when they are replaced.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2012

My husband and I purchased a new Equinox on October 17. We loved it. On October 22, as I was driving to the doctor, I lost all electrical in the dash - no gauges, no lights, no turn signals, no brake lights,radio, etc - all stopped. The engine continued to work. I drove the car to the Napa Chevrolet dealer who put me in a rental car until they could determine the problem. I called Team Chevrolet and advised of the problem and they told me I had to have this same problem 3 times before they could replace the car! Really? I am 69 years old with a husband that cannot drive and is partially blind in one eye and they are going to make me go through this twice more? I am afraid to drive on the freeway and at night now. What is my recourse? Can you please advise?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2012

The defroster knob broke on the company 2011 Chevrolet Colorado truck. I have contacted two GM dealerships and I'm being told that the entire face has to be replaced at a cost of over $200 for a part which probably cost about fifty cents to make. What a scam. I'm glad my personal car is a Subaru. Tell Obama bailing out GM was one of the worst things he ever did.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2012

I like how GM refused to pay for a $500 repair on a car (Equinox) that has leaked water into the wheel well from the first day I got it. But I really was not surprised when they informed me that it was "from a collision." I guess 2500 other complainants and I were in the same collision! GM - buy American my **!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

On 8/29/2012, I suffered my second major brake line failure while driving my three young boys to school. The first one occurred on 11/12/2010. Both failures were due to premature rusted brake lines. My vehicle is a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71 and now has 96,000 miles on it with very little rust under the vehicle except for the brake lines which all now need to be replaced.

I went to the dealer I purchased from, Bob Bell, and talked to an employee in the parts department. He said that it is a major issue. He had the same problem on his Tahoe. He contacted GM customer service and they agreed to replace all of the lines for $250. He suggested I call them so I did. They did a formal investigation and took about 2 weeks to come up with as many excuses as they could to not work out a similar deal with me. They wouldn't even offer a $100 credit towards the $1,600 cost to replace all the brake lines.

If you contact GM, don't call the toll free line. They source those calls out to Argentina where you will surely get no customer service. Instead, call the GM headquarters in Detroit like I did. It seems GM would rather roll the dice with lawsuits instead of issuing a recall. Unfortunately, someone will lose their life as a result of these defective brake lines.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

I recently bought a 2008 Chevy truck from Daves Nissan on Seymour Road in Jackson. 2 weeks after I bought it, I found out that the rear axle was bent and front differential leaking. I contacted everyone I could at the dealer, and they told me it's not their problem. So, I had to pay $1300.00 for the repair.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2012

On 07/12/12, we purchased a 2011 Chevy HHR from William Mizell Ford, Inc. The vehicle had a vibration at the time of purchase and we were given a "we owe" slip that states "Check the front end for vibration!" The vehicle has been into their service department twice and the problem still exists. This last time, 07/14/12, Mr. Mizell in his email to me stated, "I will order 2 tires to replace the mismatched tires on the rear." However, when the vehicle was put into service area, Larry (service tech) found 2 front tires (the original Firestone Affinity S4 P215/55R16) now were dry rotted and they put the new tires on the front of the vehicle. We still have mismatched tires.

This vehicle went through their 112 point inspection, but somehow still was put out on lot with a vibration (that the service department, Sandra, admitted that it had and four of their sales managers knew it had, along with the owner of the company). We now come to find out the tires were dry rotted, but we were told it had new front tires on it when we purchased it (now they deny this). Then Sandra offered to put the dry rotted tires back on the vehicle after her service tech Larry told me they could not leave them on the vehicle as it was a hazard.

This has been an ongoing nightmare since the date of purchase, 07/12/12. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, asked for arbitration, filed a complaint with the GA governor's Office of Consumer Protection, filed a complaint with the Georgia Board of Used Motor Vehicle Dealers and yet still our vehicle has this vibration. I have emails, photos and all sorts of information for anyone, someone to please look at and help us with this as this man, Mr. Mizell, is letting us drive around in a vehicle that not only may be unsafe to us, but to others on the road.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2012

I purchased a new 2007 Chevy HHR, my first new car since the 1987 Chevy Nova. The check engine came on. When I took it to the shop, they said it is the fuel pump, 700 dollars to fix struts on front, bearing plates are shot, Chevy emblem peeling under plastic that covers it and the sunroof is broken. The list is endless.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2012

We purchased this truck, paid it off and cannot get it to run properly. We have called numerous places and have been told this is a standard issue. With this year make and model of truck, it poses a very large safety issue because it just loses all power when driving and sputters; and the gas pedal losses compression. We have paid to have it tuned up, worked on. The latest info from the dealership is we can put a new motor in it. Upon my research, this issue has been going on since the production of our 2006 Chevy Colorado. It is a shame that GM would allow people to continually be put at risk by owning these trucks. It is our first and last Chevy we will ever buy. We had a Ford Ranger that ran for 292,000.00 miles.

Original review: June 29, 2012

I am writing in regards to my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, hereafter referred to as truck or vehicle, purchased through your dealership on March 16, 2012. I would like to start by expressing my deep dissatisfaction with the quality of the vehicle and my experience with your dealership as a whole. Needless to say, I will not be referring anyone to Keyes GM of Woodland Hills. I decided to bring a Nissan Frontier in as a trade-in and thought of your dealership first because I bought my first automobile from the same location, previously Livingston, and had a great experience. Unfortunately, this was not the case on my most recent visit.

The buying and signing process was rather easy, as I expected it would be. The salesman who helped me through this process was efficient and did everything in his power to get me the deal I expected at the monthly terms discussed. I have no complaints about the actual trade-in process aside from the fact that I was in negotiations for almost 3 hours. This is not where your company lacked in customer service. The finance company, Ally, however, made my life miserable at my place of employment shortly after my purchase. I specifically told your employee in finance ** that I wanted to be contacted via cell phone and not at my office due to the heavy volume of work I have on a daily basis. I did authorize and allow you to call my job to verify employment, though. I was contacted numerous times repeatedly for 3 days at my office. The associate that called my office was beyond rude to our receptionist, myself and my supervisor. This was a problem that I had to take time from work to deal with and the stress involved was completely unnecessary and a fault of your company by not complying with your customer’s wishes.

Secondly, I feel that I was misled and misinformed throughout my trading process. I asked questions as to the quality of your used vehicles and your vehicle inspection of all used vehicles on your lot. I was told that all certified used vehicles go through a rigorous inspection and all issues are repaired before a vehicle is put up for sale on the lot. This was obviously not the case with my 2005 Avalanche. Within two days of bringing it home, I noticed the back window framing is cracked in multiple locations, the daytime running lights were burned out and the passenger side plastic door piece is broken and pops off/hangs while driving. These cosmetic issues were placed on hold in my mind when I noticed the loud thumping noise coming from the rear passenger tire. I came down to the dealership and spoke to my salesman who then passed the word on to sales manager, **. I was told me to come back Monday morning and bring my truck over to the service department and was given a rental car for the day.

My truck was inspected and I was told that the rear parking brake boot had to be replaced and the truck should be fine now. Within a week the truck started making noise again, only much louder. I was disgusted at this point. I stopped driving the truck and started borrowing my sister’s car to get to work. After a week I was finally fed up with paying for a vehicle I was unable to drive and took off work early a day to come speak with Mr. ** again. I conveyed my frustrations and lack of confidence in the vehicle and was brought over to service again and told that my vehicle would be thoroughly looked over and inspected. I, however, was unable to return with the truck the next day due to the passing of a close family member that same night. The truck then sat in front of my house for 2 weeks while I was out of state with family making funeral arrangements. My fiance was home at the time and told me how he replaced the running light bulbs for me and noticed the headlights are loose (they are now taped in place because your dealership told me they aren’t under warranty, which is completely beside the point seeing as your dealership sold me the car with the broken headlights).

Your dealership showed me a Carfax report at the time of purchase that indicated the vehicle had no known accidents or mishaps. The headlights, in my opinion, were indicate differently and should be investigated or fixed by your dealership as they were broken before my possession of the truck. Upon my return to California, I decided to spare myself the mental stress of dealing with your dealership and opted to rent an economy car for myself as transportation to work since the truck had still not been inspected for its new noise. I finally grew tired of paying for a vehicle that I was not able to drive, was only looking at, and decided it was time to call the dealership and explain current circumstances and insist on having the truck brought in and looked at again. My fiance placed the call and the truck was brought down to the service department on May 25, 2012. My fiance explained the issue with the truck and was told due to the holiday weekend the dealership would not be able to look at the truck and start until the following Tuesday, May 29, 2012.

** in the service department was very helpful and explained the truck would have to be inspected by an outside warranty provider; he kept my fiance up to date on what was taking place, notified him when it was approved by warranty and when it was ready to pick up. The truck was ready and picked up on June 6, 2012. The issue: rear differentials (claimed to have been repaired by your service department). The truck is now making the same noise from the same area today and it started approximately 5 days ago, June 24, 2012. I have had to pay out-of-pocket a large amount of money for the rental car I needed during this situation. I have had to take time out of my busy work schedule to deal with this situation. The constant malfunctions with my recently purchased vehicle are becoming quite burdensome and extremely stressful. I am appalled at the lack of integrity your dealership has shown in this purchase.

I was given false information and led to believe I was buying a quality vehicle from a reputable dealership. I have had to drive from Northridge to your dealership more than a handful of times now to deal with some sort of issue resulting from the purchase of this vehicle and 3 times since purchase (less than 5 months ago) for a mechanical issue. This is unacceptable. I can’t help but feel extremely short-changed in this deal.

Original review: June 5, 2012

I was in a car accident in January of this year. I was hit by a drunk driver. I was in a Chevy Montana van. I had on my seatbelt; however, on impact from the crash, my seatbelt did not hold me in the seat and I ended up in the middle of my van. I reported this to GM, and they said I did not have my seatbelt on and they couldn't help me. I know they're not responsible for the accident happening, but the product I purchased from them had a defect and caused me to have more injuries. I would like to be held accountable, especially since I see they did have a recall on the seatbelts in 2003. Can anyone help me?

Original review: June 4, 2012

I had purchased a Chevrolet Traverse model 2009 on 20/01/2010 from Liberty Showroom, Sharjah. The car runs about 41,000km during the past 30 months. The car is being serviced at Liberty, Sharjah since 2010. The problems that I have faced since purchasing the car (during past 30 months) are listed below:

Since the beginning, when the car's open command is issued from the remote, sometimes doors will be unlocked and sometimes instead of the door unlocking, the rear wiper operated. This issue persisted about 3 to 4 months. As it was an inconsistent issue, whenever I bring to the showroom, it was not able to be identified by the technicians. Finally, it was resolved and I was told that there was earth fault in the system. After a few months, in the musical (audio) system, AUX mode was not working. Again, that system was removed and sent to Abu Dhabi for repairing and it was fixed. In December 2011, I had given the car for an accident repair (rear number plate indicator broken).

After attending that issue, the rear side direction indicators and passenger side door were not functioning. Then it was rectified. Also, the film over the AC control panel was replaced. Subsequently in the 2nd week of May 2012, a malfunctioning indicator lamp. Check engine light OBD-11 appeared and persisted continuously. Then it was checked at Liberty, Sharjah and that indication was reset. Again, on 26/05/12, there was a malfunctioning indicator lamp. Check engine Light appeared while the car was on the road. In addition to that engine indication, there was a display "engine power reduced" and the car speed was reduced to 30km from 80km. Subsequently, the speed was not able to increase as heavy engine vibrations were there with some unwarranted smell. I could not move the car from signal.

Somehow, it was managed on 27/05/12. The car was taken to Liberty again. This time, they checked further and handed over the car on 03/06/12. Now the issue is that I would like to emphasize that the service provided by Liberty, Sharjah is very good and they are cooperative, but I had some reservation about the quality of the car. I am driving the car since 1996 (in UAE). Before January 2010, I have used 4 cars (one Toyota Camry, three Rav4). For almost 3-4 years, one new car. I never faced the above problems in those cars. I had gone to carriage only for regular service. Certainly, I like this Chevrolet Traverse very much for luxury, compatibility, interior spacing, audio systems, etc. which are not available in Toyota, but at the same time, the nuisance and discomfort about the car's functioning, I have decided to change the car even at 40,000km.

Please note that earlier, I have changed the car between 110,000 and 130,000km. During the above mentioned 6 cases, the car was in the carriage about 20-25 working days. What pain I had because of these problems! I have written this mail so that you can consider this quality issue and do the best solution for my car as the warranty is valid until 20/01/2013. Please do what's needed. Even I had a plan to purchase the 2013 model of Chevrolet Trailblazer. I hope that I will get the proper response from you regarding the issues with relevant solutions.

Original review: April 24, 2012

I ordered a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox on 3/17/2012 and it came in last week, 4/13/2012. Everything I saw said this would be an E85 Flex Fuel car but mine is not. The dealer said they did not make Flex Fuel that week. Part of the reason I ordered this car was for the Flex Fuel. If you check your site of build your car, they only show Flex Fuel for the Equinox. The car is very nice but I'm not happy how this was done.

Original review: April 22, 2012

I started complaining about the engine making a loud clicking noise at about 40,000 miles. The dealer dismissed this a "normal". This is not something you would expect from a new car. Is this the quality Chevrolet offers? The dealership recommended installing a sound insulator. The issue I have is that this does not fix the problem, it only hides it. To me, it feels like they are stalling and once we have a 100,000 miles, all the costs will be for us. I have done some research on the Equinox 2010 and found many consumers complaining about the same thing. Is there a way we can force Chevrolet and the dealership to take responsibility?

Original review: April 6, 2012

We have a 2000 Chevy truck with less than 71,000 miles. We never had any problems with it. It has been kept inside and well taken care of. The other day, on the way to work, the spring broke and rusted in half. We had that fixed, and the following week, the brake lines rusted through and it had no brakes. Upon further inspection from the mechanic, he found the whole underneath of the truck has all lines and clamp that are severely rusted and need to be replaced. I began looking online and found other people who have this same problem. What I want to know is why GM hasn't done something about this sooner. The brake problem alone should have issued a recall.

Original review: March 10, 2012

We have decided it is time to replace the wife's car. We want a medium SUV or Crossover. We have looked at the Chevy Equinox LTZ and the GMC Terrain SLT-1 among other brands. We have always owned Chevy's, GMC's, and Olds. We decided on the Chevy Equinox LTZ. Here is the rub; we love the color White Diamond Tricoat. You can get that color in an Equinox LTZ with a 4 cylinder engine, but you cannot get it with a V6 cylinder engine. We also want the V6 and a towing package. You probably think this is silly, but we both like that color. So much in fact, we will probably start our search over. My parents and I have always had GM products but at 65, I may be changing. I am so disappointed that I am angry, that is why I have chosen "angry" for my experience.

Original review: March 4, 2012

I recently took the Chevy Express 2011, I recently bought, to be fixed from the steering locking when it was in use. The mechanics insist on saying there is nothing wrong. However, the steering wheel consistently locks and a noise from the suspension when being driven. Also, in the process of a U-turn, the steering wheel locked and causes an injury in my left arm in the elbow area.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2012

I am upset with General Motors, as a company. I purchased a used 2006 Equinox in November, 2008, with 36,000 miles. At 52,000 miles, the head gasket failed, and needed $1,700 in repair. I am now faced with a second blown head gasket, or intake gasket (have not made it to the dealership yet) at 90,000 miles, and up to $1,400 in repairs. When you read the car forums, it is clearly a flaw in the coolant used, or the type of head gasket used. I also have a leak in the body of my car. I have never heard of that one! I am expected to pay $120 per hour diagnostic fee, and if General Motors determines it is a "design flaw", they will help cover the cost. From everything I have read, even with the evidence staring them in the face, they will not acknowledge. There is an issue with this car. Unfortunately, because of the economic downturn, and some financial problems, I cannot even qualify for a loan, to get out of this mess. Any help out there for the little people who didn't get bailed out by the government.

Chevy Trucks Company Information