2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (752 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Chevy Trucks

Chevrolet makes several models of mid-size and full-size trucks. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chevy Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Trucks?

Original review: April 26, 2018

I purchased a certified used 2006 Chevy Trailblazer in 2007 with only about 11k miles. I love my SUV. I love the size and the third row option. I have had very few repair problems with my vehicle but this could be attributed to the fact that I work from home and my local stores are within a mile. My warranty expired within 6 years of ownership and the first fairly major repair was a water pump, which gave way in October. I just hit 50,500 miles after 11 years of ownership and so, I feel that my Chevy Trailblazer is a very durable vehicle.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Chevrolet Avalanche only have problems with the sensor. They are very sensitive and always seems to be a replacement have to be done. The year 2010 is when the automobiles was no longer made.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I’ve had my Chevrolet Blazer for 18 years and I hope it lasts another 18 years. I love this truck. It doesn’t rust, it’s galvanized steel. No matter what has been wrong with it except a dead battery, it’s always started and always run.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado that I purchased new. It is a year old with 13,000 miles on it. The vehicle is leaning to the left about 1 inch. It has been to 3 dealers now and I have been told that is within factory specs. The spec is 1/2 at the frame. It is a common problem when you read the Colorado forums and GM continues to ignore it. I need one more repair attempt and then I can start the lemon law process. Beware of buying one of these trucks.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado diesel. I purchased it new from the dealership. I drive about 1000 miles a week for work and was excited when a mid- size truck in a diesel came out. My issues began the second week of August 2017, when the truck was under 45,000 miles and less than a year old. The exhaust fluid light had come on before, but it had always gone away. This time, however, the check engine light came on with the poor exhaust fluid light and the vehicle was counting down miles before the engine shut off. It has been back and forth to the dealership for this issue for more than 75 days. At one point, the dealership had the vehicle for 38 days straight, waiting for a part to come in from the Chevy warehouse. I will be going on six months of not being able to rely on my vehicle. It has cost me all of my vacation time, sick days, boss's patience, and pay. I would not purchase this vehicle until the exhaust fluid sensor issues have been resolved.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Treated like garbage when I called to complain about my 2006 Silverado 1500 crew cab. Rust bucket peace of junk. I am normally not so harsh but my truck has become a money pit. Door panel trim fell off rear fenders and cab rusting so badly you would think the truck was 20 plus years old. Replaced wheel bearings 3 times on left 4 on right. Seat stitching is coming apart. Platinum parts are breaking. Wiring issues. Chevy logos fell off and much much more. I will never buy Chevy again. A once very loyal customer. I'll try Ford or Toyota next time.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I bought a 2017 Chevy hd3500 diesel about a month ago. It has 12,000 miles and it dies on me twice while working. I used it to haul a three car trailer so it's kind of dangerous for it just to die on the middle of highway. Dealer said they fixed it. Here I am a week later and I'm on the side of the highway again. I had to paid some serious cash to get it towed back To my town cause GM won't cover cost of trailer to get towed back. I covered cost the first time cause I understood. Second time I don't think so same symptoms then when you call no one is any help. Buyers beware. I should have went to Ford or Dodge.

Original review: May 3, 2017

To start off. Had a 2013 Chevy Duramax left me stranded in New Mexico. When I told them how unsatisfied I was with service. Owner grabbed me physically. Police were called and kicked me to side the road where I stayed for 3 weeks till someone came get me. Tillery Chevrolet. Got back home to where I got a $10000 quote from Barker GMC to repair. Could not get any assistance from customer service. Now I have a 2014 GMC that left me stranded in El Paso, TX. Transmission went out at 30000 miles. They did cover that. Brake booster went out shortly after. Barker covered half of that. Well here I am in South Carolina and the front driver tire likes to fall off. Road Side assistance will not cover towing or storage. Customer Service is no help. I have been a faithful GM customer for 20 years. I will NEVER buy another new GM product. Their vehicles are crap and their service is even worse.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

The 06 Chevy Equinox is the biggest piece of dog crap that I have ever own! 5wheel bearings, 2 axles, 1drive shaft, 1 starter, 2 struts, 2 brake hoses, 1 blower motor and a resistor. This Chevy is an electrical mess on top of everything else. I have had 5 Chevys and there is one thing I have learned - they are no more than a throwaway car company. NO MORE Chevys for me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

This is a letter to GMC because of how disgusted I am with their Products, Support, and Dealerships. In August of 2011 I bought my first brand new car, a 2011 Equinox from ELCO Chevrolet in St Louis Missouri. $32,000. From day one I was scammed, there was a broken part the salesman showed me, intentionally holding the dashboard console open by hand and closing it. The part was spring loaded and opens without holding on to it, unknown to me. The dealership hid all the screws and broken parts under the rubber mat. For the past FOUR plus years this car is unreliable and worrisome to take out of town or anywhere. There is a constant engine issue with this car that the dealership in Kirksville can't seem to fix. The first time they told me it was the gas I was buying because they could find the problem. Even though this car can use Flex Fuel, the regular gas I'm using is too cheap.

Since then about every 4-5 months the car dies over and over and I get stranded, unless I can get it started again, and usually it will start again running so rough I'm afraid to shift it in gear as it may damage the transaxle. Then the problem seems to go away, or I've been in Limp in mode. Also nothing but bad gas mileage. I have not had to change brake pads, spark plugs, wires or even a light bulb in the past 5 years BUT everything else that should last many years just falls apart or fails.

What are the odds that after 5 years, both front struts go out at the same time and I'm pretty the rear shock did as well. What are the odds that a brand new battery with a 3 year warranty sticker goes out after 3 years and a week. CAC no help at all. What are the odd that Interior parts keep falling apart. Tires that lasted Half their life. Almost none of these things are normal maintenance and should of lasted a good 10-20 years at least if not the life of the car. I've had 30 year old Chevys and none of this has happened. I also went to College for almost 2 years in auto mechanics, next to my 35 years working on my own vehicles when I have the tools to do it, so I have a pretty good idea how long diagnosing takes when you have the right machines.

Is GM purposely building in failures to get more money? Because I find it extremely odd how every 3 or so months there is always a new failure issue with this car. And I find it odd after my standard warranty was up CACs only response when not arguing with me is to offer a 1 hour hardship diagnosis which the Dealership seems all too glad to use up the entire hour on. Did you also name it hardship to make people feel like bums after spending 10s of thousands?

Listed of some issues, I could write 3 pages of problems never fixed or had to fix myself. And after the paint issue I don't like going to the Dealership here and won't again after this last visit. Center console broken and covered up by St Louis dealer. Replaced after 2-3 months by Kirksville dealership. Rattling noise in engine compartment, dipstick hitting engine, Dealership uses block of rubber to repair. Stabilitrack error message, misfire cylinders. Multiple times first year. Error PO171 and PO173. Never fixed as they can't duplicate the problem so was told to buy more expensive gas. Driver side door handle chrome peeling off. Dealer replaced Stick shift leather falling off. Dealer replaced air bag service light, multiple times, Dealership can't reproduce, then a recall a few months later. Still has Errors from time to time. Multiple radio malfunctions, Dealership no way to diagnose.

Paint etching or whatever on my hood. Was told not to worry about it by Dealership and their body shop who looked at it. Heard nothing for 3 weeks then CAC called Dealership who then claimed Environmental damage and would do nothing. A week after my 3 year standard warranty expired the 3 year warranty battery had a dead cell. Replaced by me. Never had a battery fail right out of the blue at its warranty life. Heater's blower motor stopped working. Replaced myself for $30 after Dealership wasted 3 hours of my time diagnosing it on a 1 hour hardship waiver and then wanted like $400 to fix. 65K tires lasted 38k. Rear passenger door handle is starting to peel off chrome. Both front struts are shot, and I think the rear shock are too, ALL at the same time? Another massive set of PO171 PO173 PO174 errors, Dealership replaced PCV/Intake hose.

Parking assist started beeping every time in reverse, then long beep followed by Parking assist off. Lasted two weeks then worked again. The next week backup camera quit working for two days, the green light on the mirror blinked. Then it started working again. Another massive PO171 PO173 PO174, dealer diagnosed the same PCV hose but took 3 times longer 1.5 hours on another 1 hour hardship waiver to diagnose and still wasn't done. Told them to unhook it as I was not waiting anymore. Offered nothing on warranty work from the PCV hose fix 4 months prior.

For four years I've been constantly dealing with this engine PO171 PO173 PO174 problem and anytime I've taken it to the Dealership they never seem to fix it or can't find the cause other than the PCV hose and I sit for about 2-3 hours whether it is being diagnosed or I come back for a part installed. Since my 3 year warranty has expired CAC doesn't help. They end up offering me that stupid hardship waiver with the disclaimer anything after 1 hour I have to pay for and then the Dealership wastes even more of my time on what I already know is wrong and tell me how many hundreds it's going to cost to fix it. Well I'm pretty much done with Chevys and will definitely never buy another new one. I'm done wasting 4-6 hours every time I go to the Dealership just to have something else break down. I'm also going to contact someone on the lemon law since this engine issue has gone on since the first year and never fixed.

Chevy Trucks Company Information