AutoZone

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AutoZone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoZone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Original review: April 24, 2022

As mentioned, our battery was dead at the end of an evening event with no one around except a friend with jumper cables. They jumped us and we made a mad dash to the Auto Zone near our home. It was almost closing time, but there was a great guy there, John H., who stayed about an hour after closing to take care of us! The battery was under warranty, and he was already assisting another customer with the same problem! He finished him and came immediately to us! What a great light in a very dark situation! Thank you, John H!

Original review: March 11, 2022

If you're looking for a professional, motivated, and knowledgeable salesman, Chris ** is your man! He went well above and beyond his job scope to help me out. I barely rolled into AutoZone parking lot (store number 2313) with multiple caution lights on regarding my brakes. My truck had a loud screeching sound, metal on metal, and I knew I was in deep trouble. I went in looking for help and Chris was on top of it. He told exactly what the problem was, got the parts off the shelf and installed them for me in the parking lot so I can get home safely! His help in this matter saved me a ton of money and stress. I understand that his actions could easily be taking advantage of, but his decency and humanity in my situation is what good people are all about. In my opinion, he should be running the store, setting the example for all employees there to emulate. Thank you again Chris for your help, I won't forget it.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I went to AutoZone at 1433 W Carson St. in Torrance Ca. On 12-24-2021. I needed to purchase a Transmission Filter & 4 quarts of Transmission fluid. A sales person named ** helped me. ** told me that my vehicle took a special type of transmission fluid. He then looked to see if he had the filter & the fluid. He came back to the counter and told me that he only had the filter, he then looked on his computer and seen that another AutoZone that was close by had what I was looking for. I was going to go to the other AutoZone store but ** told me that he wanted to call the other store just to make sure they had the parts in stock. He then told me that sometimes the computer messes up and he wanted to make sure before he sent me all the way over to the other store. That was the thinking of a true professional.

I asked ** how long he had been working for AutoZone and he told me that he only started working for AutoZone 3 weeks ago… **’s answer surprised me, I told ** that he handles himself like a professional, I also told him that I was going to leave a positive feed back for him. ** said that I didn’t have to take the time to leave a review. He then told me that he was just doing his job. This employee named “**” is a true asset to the AutoZone company!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

My husband and I stopped at Auto Zone to have them check to see if I need a replacement battery. My SUV did not sound right. Fortunately we were at the right place and purchased a battery. At first my husband said ok he will go home and replace it because he did not know the policy of Auto Zone. We tried starting the SUV and it decided not to start. Now we were stranded. He went back in and purchased a Portable Jumper, he was told it might have some juice, he tried it and did not work. OMG now I don't want to wait for AAA to send someone, it might take hours.

Juan ** overheard my husband speaking to someone and he asked him did you purchased the battery here, he said yes. Juan said it's our policy if you would like, we would replace it for you at no charge. Juan ** brought all his tools and took care of it within 10 mins. What a lifesaver, he is such a wonderful employee. I recommend Auto Zone and Juan ** for your next purchase and if needed he would replace your battery or wipers if needed. Highly recommend Mr. Juan **. He deserves a promotion. Thank you!

Nisha **/Satisfied Customer

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

During a recent visit to the AutoZone Store #1057 in Homestead, Florida, Assistant Manager Maria ** performed legendary customer service, went above and beyond to assist in the purchase of several accessories for a brand new vehicle. Maria was knowledgeable, friendly, and very professional. She added value to my purchase with her valuable input, and helped me navigate through several options, until she found the most suitable to my particular needs. Though AutoZone Store #1057 is not exactly located in my driving route, I plan to drive a few extra miles just to shop in Maria's store the next time I need vehicle accessories. Keep up the excellent work!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Never again will purchase anything from Autozone, I swap the battery that it was under warranty, gave me new one they said, it didn't last not even 20min, took it back and the customer service was very rude, LOST A CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Placed a online order for a radiator, paid with PayPal account. Confirmation # given to me and thought all was well. Went to pick it up and they have no order for me. Checked my paypal account and was charged for it. Then went on Autozone page and see my order was cancelled for that invoice and another was put through on a bogus invoice #, this one says I ordered it the day before and I was present when I ordered it. So I was charged almost 200.00 for a radiator that they can find no invoice for. I call paypal and get my money returned.

In meantime still needing radiator right away and they are only store with it in stock... I call up store for the third time to be sure it is in stock and have them hold it for me and was assured it was there and on hold for me. Drove to store again, 30 miles each way, to be told there is nothing on hold and they do not even have it in stock. Was very angry at this point and women clerks could care less what they put me through. This store is located at 10722 S.E 82nd in Portland.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

This is Auto Zone on 1125 Park St in Alameda California. They Gave me a bad time trying to return a defective alternator: they had me wait for the manager, they could not find the transaction in their system, and ignored my calls, I came to their store and the person in charge says she is too busy to help me. Don't buy on this store - go to the one on Mac Arthur Blvd in Oakland if you Auto Zone.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

After ordering brake pads for next day delivery, advised arrive by 3pm. Called & told arrive by 8pm, called & told by end of day. Next day, told will be now delivered in 3 days!!! So, now have to go to store, purchase product, await delivery and take to store for a refund which takes up to 5 bus days. I've been completely screwed, as mechanic has been waiting days, when I could have picked up from store on Day 1. DO NOT TRUST AUTOZONE NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I bought a headliner online for my Cherokee, it arrived, and I waited for the time and inclination to install it. When I had my car all apart to install the headliner, I found it was 18 inches too short. Following online advice, I took it to the store where return was refused as it was over ninety days. OK, a little on me I admit, but a lot on Auto Zone! I got no consideration; this was an elective installation for which I waited on a good time to tackle, this is not a product for which warranty or expiration apply, Auto Zone actually claimed the purchase was not "vehicle specific", a one size fits all. Not the way it was described online at all. Anybody need a headliner for a Smart Car? It’s a little short of the length of a Jeep Cherokee.

AutoZone Company Information