Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
AutoZone
3.82/5

AutoZone

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

442 AutoZone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

AutoZone in Somerset, Ma has some on the kindest employees. My headlight has been out for weeks and I just now decided to go pick up new ones. I got here and Andrew was so kind from the start. He made everything as easy as can be and was extremely helpful. He even put BOTH of my headlights in for me in the rain!!!! Truly made my day to see how kind some people actually are!!! Thank you Andrew!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

I drove from Texas to South Carolina. On the way the water pump went bad on my truck. This happened on a Sunday afternoon. All the mechanics were closed. I went into AutoZone to get a water pump and started asking around if anyone could install it. They said no and there. I was Stuck like Chuck. I sat on the edge of the AutoZone parking lot feeling helpless. Drumroll please... Yep an AutoZone employee put on his Superman cape and saved the day. He was off work and said, "What's the problem." I explained and he said, "Let me take a look at it." He had it installed and I was back on the road. His name is Caleb if you go in this store make sure he is a real person. Many times I wonder if he could have been an angel put there to help me dressed up like an AutoZone employee. Caleb if you're reading this Huge Thank You!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2019

As a person with little experience on buying auto parts, I walked in got in line and decided to just walk out and take my car to a mechanic, as I was walking out an employee asked me if I needed anything. I showed him what my problem was and he got under my car took the part off and helped me take care of it!!! I am so glad that AutoZone has employees like Isidoro **, thanks to him I didn’t have to go spend hrs at a dealership. AutoZone will always be the first place I go when my vehicles need anything!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Bruce ** at AutoZone in Lexington, KY was so awesome. My friend and I got a flat tire while driving and the closest place near was an AutoZone. So we stopped there and we were both nervous, we’re still at an age where our parents answer all questions for us. But no one was answering our calls. So Bruce was so patient and kind with us. He informed us on everything. I just wanted to acknowledge ho1w great he was and how he went above and beyond to help us.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have always gotten what I wanted or needed at AutoZone. Have never had a problem making an exchange or returning a part. Always friendly service. I enjoy the fact they will do a scan for free if you have a check engine light on. And their scan always matches what the dealer scan says.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Original review: May 17, 2019

AutoZone is promoting an online special offering free next day delivery. After waiting 3 business days I called. They told me there is an internal glitch in the system and they cannot offer next day delivery but will keep advertising it. This is not just for my items ordered, this was for any items ordered by anyone. My items were readily available according to multiple AutoZone locations. I called both in store and the main warehouse prior to reaching out to them. AutoZone is knowingly falsely advertising free next day delivery. To conclude I was told I would receive my items tomorrow 5/18 on a Saturday rather than possibly next Tuesday, 5 business days after my order was placed and a $15 gift card. I told them I appreciated their offer but would rather see them remove the false advertising until their internal glitch is resolved.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered a Sylvania HID headlight bulb for my car at Autozone.com for $ 150.00. I did some research and this bulb has a good rating. I also paid $10.00 for overnight shipping. The next day I opened the package and they had sent me a off brand Eiko that you can buy for $ 70.00 and has a low 1 star rating. I called them up on Thursday and they said they would send me a return label from FedEx. I called Tuesday morning asking them where is my label. Eight hours later I got one for ground shipping. I went to FedEx 8 miles away and had to spend $4.99 on a box to ship this back. They gave me a proof of shipping receipt. I called AutoZone and they said in two days they will ship me the correct one. So far I have spent 3 hours of my time, spent $170.00 and still have no headlight for my car. I will never order from them again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I want to thank Alexis manager for the service provided today. I recommended this auto part. They have a reward program. They have a special cost in all parts. They have all parts that you need. They have online.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I ordered an alternator online. When I found out it was my battery and not the alternator, I returned the part to the Amelia Ohio AutoZone. I was told I would get a refund within 3-5 business days. Here we are 11 physical days and 8 business days and no refund. I called customer service multiple times. I was told this would be escalated to a manager and receive a callback within 24 hours. 48 hours and I only have gotten a response from email asking for my return number. I lost the paperwork but the return has been looked up by multiple times by customer service. I just want my $162.02 back so I can take my business to Advance Auto Parts. Never had issues with them on a refund like this.

Original review: April 8, 2019

AutoZone Auto Parts store in Bushnell, Florida. Review/COMPLAINT: I called them for a simple price on a part on 4/8/19 at approx. 5:30 pm. I was put on hold for 15:30 & then I was hung up on... This is unacceptable behavior! Especially when I spend a lot of money at this store weekly & this location/company WAS the only parts store that I would take my business to, until now. From now on (today & forward) I will take my business elsewhere - down the street - to Advanced Discount Auto Parts store in Bushnell, FL. where I just called & was not put on hold nor was I hung up on. Starlyne **.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have been trying to find and search for their corporate contact emails but to no avail at this time. I just want to get ahead and vent and share and complain of course. On March 6, 2019 my mechanic and I decided to order a motor and chose AutoZone for a 3year warranty and...maybe quality. So we did. They said takes 7-10 business working days. But on 12th day it did not arrive! So my mechanic called the store. Andrew ** answered and he said it has been taken care of and takes another 5-7 days. But not again! So my mechanic found out their store manager Cynthia did not place an order. So my mechanic tried again. And I think nothing happened. I called Jerry ** their Regional Store Manager, he did not pick up the phone and did not even returned the call (to my mechanic's number). I left him a good minutes of detailed message. No action done! What a great customer service AUTOZONE!

Then I went call Jonathan ** at his personal cellphone he said. Mr ** was quite believably promising and apologetic. I told him what an inconvenience not to have a car, I go to work every day and that being said, I obviously needed my car fixed ASAP! And again like what I've said he promised me to do or make something to meet my needs and satisfaction just to gain my business again. I had to rent a car alternating taking UBER and using METRO and walked 4.7 miles just to reach the metro stop. I had Doc appointments that I cancelled. I was skeptical because he kept reiterating that he will try to do something and promised and apologizing over again. So that was okay.

The next day I texted him, no reply until after few hours, he said the motor arrived, April 4th. Remember we ordered March 6. I texted him of what was their plan about my "inconvenience" and how are they going to extend their customer service? He did not reply. He called instead telling me that motor has arrived. And I asked him how come he did not answer my question above? He said, "What do you mean?" In an irate tone. I said I have a detailed text what do you mean "what do you mean"? And he yelled at me, "What do you really want huh? And you know what? I will not talk to you because I don't have any business with you, I have a business with your mechanic because they have the account!" And I said, "I am a customer, I buy some of parts at your business, tell me how aren't you having a business with me?" (Customer Service Rule: Customer is always right, and in this case I have the right obviously.)

He provoked me right there and yelled back at him and said, "You know what what? Please return that motor then and give me back my money ASAP!" He said "Okay!" And I said, "See you in the court". He said "Okay!". Indeed he returned the motor same day and did not waste his time. I wonder how he became a TSM? AutoZone President/CEO can you answer me? How in the world did you train your people? Are you guys so greedy to just sell your products and don't care about your customer's needs are being met? Not even a star will deserve your company. And if this is not being answered and my concern is not being addressed, I may be able to bring this case to a legal way. I will do anything to make this happen.

On top of these happening, this mechanic is slowly losing customers because the store manager is being rude and will not find their part's warranty. She is not approachable. Does not even greet nor smile. Instead of taking care of customer, she is busy flirting with her male staff. I have witnessed being there trying to look for our warranty and she wasn't even looking through. And we waited there for a good 30 min-45 minutes. She said she cannot find that parts. She does not deserve that position. Autozone you have the poorest quality service particularly in this location 1592. I may be alone and you are a rich company, but I also know how to seek legal advice, which I already did. Waiting for the right time and right action. Anyone from Autozone reading this? Come back to me and feel free to reach out. I am easy to please without belittling me (yelling at me) and ignoring my honest needs and concern. MALM, Houston TX

Original review: April 6, 2019

Carlos ** of the Hazeldell Atuo Zone in Vancouver, WA is very snarly and rude to women. When I went to pick up warranty pads for my nephew on 04.05.19 at 5:26 pm. he gave me a hard time about finding the pads that were suppose to be in by 2 pm. So rude!!! I'll take my business to O'Reilly next time.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Bought a pair of front calipers for my Mercedes Sprinter Van. Both calipers were re-manufactured by different manufacturers and reboxed by AutoZone. Sold to me unmatched! Then the third caliper was rebuilt omitting the OEM anti vibration pin! Three separate builds!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I went to AutoZone to purchase brake lights that they said were in stock at the location, online. I tried to order it from them online, they said it shipped free, but shipping was $10. AutoZone sucks.

Original review: March 28, 2019

On March 27, 2019 I purchased items at the AutoZone in Fairburn, GA for a total of 74.53. When my card was swiped, it came back as DECLINED. So after the SECOND swipe, it was APPROVED. IMMEDIATELY, and I mean IMMEDIATELY while still at the counter, I puked up my bank account, and there for all to see were DOUBLE CHARGES from AUTOZONE even though their machine said DECLINE on first swipe. I showed this to the cashier, the double charge and called my bank also. As I spoke to my bank, I was relaying the conversation to the cashier. My bank did not have a DECLINE showing in their system anywhere. The cashier gave me some cockamamie story about the charges reversing after 24 hours and to call the number at the bottom of my receipt if it doesn't. Well it didn't so I call the number. Well what do you know... The number is an automated survey number.

So, I called the Fairburn AutoZone and now a "manager" is telling me that their system takes up to three days, up fro. 24 hours. According to "manager" if nothing happens in three days, I should bring my "bank Statement" and they will refund the 74.53. That is the dumbest statement from any manager since, they SAW the double charges the moment it went through. That it the wonders of modern technology. I can pull up my account in a minute. So now I have out in a claim against this merchant with my bank as an "untrustworthy" merchant. AutoZone in Fairburn will not be getting any more of my business and I will not be recommending this merchant to anyone. You have been warned. Be aware.

Original review: March 25, 2019

After not being able to start my car & having to be jumped, I went to AutoZone in Rehoboth, DE to have the free testing done. I was told (and took a picture of the results) that the battery was good (80%) but the alternator had failed and was in need of being replaced (quote from the area was $890). I asked if I could drive it home to go to my mechanic but they cautioned that the car could just stop so they wouldn’t advise it. I decided to take the chance and go home to our trusted mechanic, who after detailed tests, confirmed I needed a new battery and the alternator was fine!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I purchased a Surefire engine from AutoZone. When the engine arrived the head was defective and leaking coolant once installed. I contacted the warranty department and they told me to have a certified shop remove the head and send it to them for analysis. Surefire confirmed the head was defective and never should have been sent the first time. Surefire sent a new head but only paid for $347 of the $800 bill it cost to have the defective head replaced, leaving a balance of $453 for me to pay.

AutoZone takes no responsibility for selling a defective engine costing me the consumer an additional $453 to get the engine I ordered. This engine had zero miles on it when it was found to be defective. As a consumer, I should not have to pay an additional charge to get the engine I purchased. Surefire and AutoZone are 100% responsible for the quality of the product, but they refuse to take full responsibility. Be aware when making purchases of this magnitude from AutoZone as they do not stand behind their product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

They told me they had it in stock and put my name on it and hold it for me. The next day I go in to get it they said they only hold it for 12 hours and I called at five it in the evening and when I went there to get it they didn’t have it in stock and I was going to buy more stuff and I decided not to forget it and walked out.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Working on a S10 pickup truck. Robert, John, and Hank have been very helpful in ordering parts and steering me in the right direction. I would recommend anyone who needs help to go to the Auto Zone at Thomas Crossroads in Newnan GA.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased Duralast battery for my Nissan Rogue 2011 at a local AutoZone store, and lasted for 2 years and 6 months, conveniently 6 months over the warranty period. Albeit living in a moderately frigid climate (Boston), the battery usage has been low to normal. Getting a trustworthy mechanic to recommend the battery or have it replaced for you may be a better option.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Ordered a transfer case chain through this AutoZone and paid for expedited shipping because I needed the vehicle repaired quickly. The transfer case itself is fine, the chain inside of the transfer case is stretched. Was assured that they were able to get the right part (at a relatively exorbitant price for said part,) but paid regardless because I had no other choice. Got a call that my part came in so I went into the store to pick it up, two of the employees struggled to find the ordered part for 10+ minutes with the name and phone number provided. When they found the part that I had ordered it was an entirely different part than what I had ordered.

The guy who handed me the part had no idea that a transfer case chain even existed. I pulled up the part online (with relative ease,) and showed him the difference. He spent another 10-20 minutes typing random things into his system without saying a word about what he was doing. Managed to get a full refund, but for the time being I’m out almost $90 while waiting for my refund to process and needing to go elsewhere for my part.

If you don’t know something that’s fine, but the arrogance of saying that you know exactly what I’m talking about, have found the correct part, charge me for it, and it turns out to be a part that goes into an entirely different part of the car is not only astounding, but also incredibly aggravating. I refuse to bring my business here and strongly advise that no one else does either. If you want to work at a car parts store at the very least have some basic knowledge of different car parts, and if you aren’t familiar with a specific part, acknowledge that and ask for help.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a set of rotors for the front of my 91 olds. When I returned home that afternoon and remove the wheels, I discovered that the rotors did not need to be changed so, I never opened the box or boxes. The following morning first thing I returned the rotors "unopened" mind you to the store of which I purchased them. The very next morning. The man picked up the unopened boxes and carried them 10 feet to a shelf behind the counter, he had to bend over because they were kept on the bottom shelf. He then walked over to his computer screen and recorded the transaction.

I just noticed on my bank statement I was charged $25 for a restocking fee. I had this merchandise in my possession for less than 24 hours, I returned clean and unopened boxes. I find this fee to be ridiculous. For me, I consider it to be robbery. This is simply a way to take advantage of people. I have recently had a situation with AutoZone and now I have another one. Looks like Advance is my go-to now???

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

They do not stand behind their parts. I invested $3000 between parts and mechanics to repair the motor in my Ford F250 at just shy of 3000 miles the engine below. Had the truck towed into a Ford dealer who determined the engine jumped timing and it needed a new engine. I then had to truck towed to another repair shop who stated the same facts. I had them do the engine and when they took the engine out of my truck and disassembled it to find out exactly what happened. They determined that the truck did jumped timing causing the engine the blow and that it was a timing problem that caused this issue.

Contacted the regional manager for AutoZone in North Carolina by the name of Marco **. He was very good to work with. They asked me to return all the parts and they would refund my money. I've returned all the parts and they did refund my money for the parts. They have denied my claim saying I did not give them certain parts back but I did and I have a receipt to show. I did. They are denying the claim for all damages adding up to about $8800. I tried calling customer service and I get nowhere with them and the gentleman Marco has been instructed to no longer talk to me.

I have tried to get an attorney to help me with this to no avail. Attorneys do not want to get involved with this. They are a national brand all over the country and Mexico and Canada that I am aware of. So I am now making complaints with Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and hopefully one of the news stations. I have all kinds of documentation. From Ford and the repair shop who did the work on the truck along with lots of photographs of taking the engine apart and in and out of the truck. I spoke with the manufacturer of the sum of the parts who said it was an oil problem which is the parts that AutoZone claims. They never got that name of that company was. S a Gear in Bedford Park Illinois. I have been trying to resolve this problem cents the end of September. AutoZone is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went to AutoZone in Missouri Ferguson to return a power steering pump and no one knew what to do. They asked the manager three times and then got taxed on my core return and got shortchanged. I will not go back.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I took awhile linking my rewards account to my AutoZone account, and it happened to be after the first of the year, and all my rewards were gone. So they want you to spend hundreds of dollars every year to get a free 20 $ reward. I would rather just get the 5 dollar or less reward and spend 50 bucks like most places do, like Amazon. It's a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

12 years, 1096 transactions, 219 reward points and $54,090 spent. (This doesn't include cash transactions or transactions over $200 of which there have been many.) I have been informed that I will no longer be receiving my tech discount at AutoZone. Why? Because "some guy" on my last visit observed my receipt of said discount, called corporate and complained. Some guy? All I can say is that I hope you and "some guy" are very happy together and I wish you the best. Bye Felicia. Hello O'Reilly???

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

They Cost me about 3 thousand dollars! They sold me an IAC valve for my mint 89 k5. The pintle wound up in my number 3 cylinder and destroyed my engine. After hours on the phone (being as polite and respectful as possible) their response in so many words was, "Tough ** go pound sand." Worst company I've ever dealt with in 20 years of being a licensed auto and aircraft mechanic.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

17115 main street Hesperia, CA - AutoZone has mostly Latino employees and if you're not of Latino race then you're made to feel that you're not welcome at Auto Zone, they discriminate against other races by being rude or just ignoring the needs of their no Latino customers, so I now take my automotive business to O'Reilly.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I needed a Alternator for my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 so I decided to buy it online and pick up at the store. Online, they offered a 20% discount for orders over 100.00 using coupon code CHEER20. Well, the website did not work and would not apply the coupon. I went to the store and asked for the discount because the website would not honor it. The store told me they could not honor it either. I was told their system was acting up. So I decided to buy a 134 alternator and pay 57.00 additional for the core until I can return it. I paid a total of 206.00. When I came back 2 hours later to return the core, they told me they couldn't because their system was out. I would have to be calling them until the system comes back up. This is outrageous. The only reason I bought it is because I desperately needed the alternator. The customer service person I spoke to was only willing to give me a 10% off toward my rewards what a joke!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My 1st experience sucked. I went in to get a headlamp bulb and felt like they didn't care about me. While installing it they said this is taking to long and gave up. They also broke one of the mounts that hold the headlamp in place and now it is loose. Now may need to buy a hold damned headlamp. I really wanted to give a no stars rating!

AutoZone Company Information