AutoZone

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AutoZone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoZone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Original review: April 24, 2022

As mentioned, our battery was dead at the end of an evening event with no one around except a friend with jumper cables. They jumped us and we made a mad dash to the Auto Zone near our home. It was almost closing time, but there was a great guy there, John H., who stayed about an hour after closing to take care of us! The battery was under warranty, and he was already assisting another customer with the same problem! He finished him and came immediately to us! What a great light in a very dark situation! Thank you, John H!

Original review: March 11, 2022

If you're looking for a professional, motivated, and knowledgeable salesman, Chris ** is your man! He went well above and beyond his job scope to help me out. I barely rolled into AutoZone parking lot (store number 2313) with multiple caution lights on regarding my brakes. My truck had a loud screeching sound, metal on metal, and I knew I was in deep trouble. I went in looking for help and Chris was on top of it. He told exactly what the problem was, got the parts off the shelf and installed them for me in the parking lot so I can get home safely! His help in this matter saved me a ton of money and stress. I understand that his actions could easily be taking advantage of, but his decency and humanity in my situation is what good people are all about. In my opinion, he should be running the store, setting the example for all employees there to emulate. Thank you again Chris for your help, I won't forget it.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I went to AutoZone at 1433 W Carson St. in Torrance Ca. On 12-24-2021. I needed to purchase a Transmission Filter & 4 quarts of Transmission fluid. A sales person named ** helped me. ** told me that my vehicle took a special type of transmission fluid. He then looked to see if he had the filter & the fluid. He came back to the counter and told me that he only had the filter, he then looked on his computer and seen that another AutoZone that was close by had what I was looking for. I was going to go to the other AutoZone store but ** told me that he wanted to call the other store just to make sure they had the parts in stock. He then told me that sometimes the computer messes up and he wanted to make sure before he sent me all the way over to the other store. That was the thinking of a true professional.

I asked ** how long he had been working for AutoZone and he told me that he only started working for AutoZone 3 weeks ago… **’s answer surprised me, I told ** that he handles himself like a professional, I also told him that I was going to leave a positive feed back for him. ** said that I didn’t have to take the time to leave a review. He then told me that he was just doing his job. This employee named “**” is a true asset to the AutoZone company!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

My husband and I stopped at Auto Zone to have them check to see if I need a replacement battery. My SUV did not sound right. Fortunately we were at the right place and purchased a battery. At first my husband said ok he will go home and replace it because he did not know the policy of Auto Zone. We tried starting the SUV and it decided not to start. Now we were stranded. He went back in and purchased a Portable Jumper, he was told it might have some juice, he tried it and did not work. OMG now I don't want to wait for AAA to send someone, it might take hours.

Juan ** overheard my husband speaking to someone and he asked him did you purchased the battery here, he said yes. Juan said it's our policy if you would like, we would replace it for you at no charge. Juan ** brought all his tools and took care of it within 10 mins. What a lifesaver, he is such a wonderful employee. I recommend Auto Zone and Juan ** for your next purchase and if needed he would replace your battery or wipers if needed. Highly recommend Mr. Juan **. He deserves a promotion. Thank you!

Nisha **/Satisfied Customer

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

During a recent visit to the AutoZone Store #1057 in Homestead, Florida, Assistant Manager Maria ** performed legendary customer service, went above and beyond to assist in the purchase of several accessories for a brand new vehicle. Maria was knowledgeable, friendly, and very professional. She added value to my purchase with her valuable input, and helped me navigate through several options, until she found the most suitable to my particular needs. Though AutoZone Store #1057 is not exactly located in my driving route, I plan to drive a few extra miles just to shop in Maria's store the next time I need vehicle accessories. Keep up the excellent work!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Yesterday I gave AutoZone in Fredonia second chance. After a week ago talking to the regional director he assured me they take care of the problem. Well I walked in for some wiper blades yesterday. This time nobody behind the counter. There's four or five people stocking parts. I'm finally got to the counter with my purchase and I said hey somebody wait on me. He said, "Well nobody's available."

Original review: April 30, 2022

I've been going to this location for 20 years, and when I had a bad experience to return the recycled oil to the back, which I know now, we cannot, so as I was going towards the back to stop at the end of the counter, the manager was so RUDE and yelling DO NOT GO TO THE BACK, and I was going to stop at the end of the counter anyway, I know the rules. That manager there was really rude with a customer buying and visiting your location for 20 years. Please be advised!!! He doesn't have to be so rude with your customers. 9806 Sw 8th St. Miami, FL 33174

Original review: April 11, 2022

This morning I had an unpleasant experience with the manager of AutoZone on 2955 Van Buren Bvd Space G1, Riverside, CA 92503. An experience I had never encountered before and which I did not think was possible. My husband called this store to ask about a power steering pump and asked the person with whom he was on the phone to put it on hold so that he would come later to pick it up. In an hour, I went to pick up that part. Still, it was not in the hold, the person he spoke to on the phone was not in the store, but while two employees were looking for the part, another employee entered the store and said that she was the one who spoke on the phone and simply said that " I never put it in the hold. " When I heard this, I asked just a simple question: Is it sense to call ahead and ask you to hold certain parts? One of them said they were very busy and did not have time.

My mistake was that I looked in the store where there were only two customers(including me), and I remarked, "The store doesn't seem too busy today." The manager (later I found out that she was the store manager) said that I offended her employees and she doesn't allow such a thing and that she won't sell me anything, that she has the right to refuse me. I asked her why she rejected me, just because I noticed that the employees didn't do their job correctly? Then she threatened me that she would call security. I asked again why she needed protection. I didn't make a scene, and I didn't shout at them. I didn't swear at them, and only I remarked that it didn't seem like a busy day.

She replied that she had a legal right to refuse me and would do so. Then I saw that she abused her function, and I said, well, my husband needs that pump, and I apologized to them and wanted to buy it, but in vain, she abused her position, saying that she had the right to refuse me and she doesn't wouldn't sell me anything. Then she abusively told me to leave the store, or she would call the police. I asked again why she needed the police? I didn't do anything wrong; I was just upset because her employees didn't do their job correctly, but I didn't yell at them; I wasn't abusive to shout something in the store. Of course, I left saying I would do a bad review and a complaint to BBB.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it; check the recording on the surveillance cameras, and you'll be convinced that my voice will barely be heard. I speak English with an accent, so I do not like to talk much and do not yell. She wanted to look like she was on the side of her employees, which wasn't bad if she wasn't abusing her position toward a customer. I consider her attitude was abusive because of my accent and even racist.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Placed online order for Honda Automatic Transmission and gave delivery address. Order confirmation was generated. Next day I get a call from "TOLL FREE CALL" asking about order billing address with no explanation. I want to avoid being scammed, so I ask them, "Give me the order number and I will tell answer your question." They gave last 4 digits of order. I gave the billing address. Then they asked for last 4 digits of card I used. I gave that. Then they asked if it was debit/credit, if it was visa or mastercard. I answered it. Then they asked for expiration date. I stopped there and said, "You are asking for too much information without me knowing if you are Autozone." They said, "That is fine, your order is confirmed." An hour later I got the email that the order is cancelled. I called AutoZone and they said, that's how they process it. I can re-order if I want online.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I ordered 2 sets of brakes on March 3 with next day delivery. I received an email that the same order would be delayed by 24 hours and offered a $10 gift card. The order still hadn't shipped after 24 hours so I contacted AutoZone and was told it would ship the next day. After 4 days, no shipment. I called again and was told it would be delivered in 3 days. No shipment. I've called for a third time (now having spent over an hour on the phone (for a measly $10 reimbursement) to cancel the order and I am being told they will not cancel it or refund the money because FedEx has to pick it up. It's canceled- there's nothing to pick up anymore.

I'm not sure where the incompetence lies, from the warehouse, to the customer service, to the supervisors, it's baffling that no one can get a straight answer. It's even more insane to think that's a third party logistics company has anything to do with a transaction between AutoZone and their customer. If an order is canceled and has not shipped, why does Fed Ex have anything to do with refunding the order? Alas, I'm standing at the register to buy the brakes from Advanced Auto Parts as I'm writing this. AutoZone is ridiculously messy. I'm curious of how long it's going to take to get my money back, or if I'm going to be stuck in limbo for that too. BUYER BEWARE

AutoZone Company Information