AutoZone

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AutoZone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Autozone pretends to warranty their products but actually they just warranty a time period. I purchased brake rotors with a 2 year warranty and pads with a lifetime warranty. Within 15 months both were shot. Went in purchased them again and asked about warranty, told me no problem just bring them in and they would refund the initial purchase because they were still under warranty and didn't last. I asked about the new pads and rotors and salesman said they also had a lifetime and 2 year warranty.

15 months later both are shot again. Bring them in and new salesman tells me the rotors are out of warranty because they applied the previous warranty exchange to the last purchase not the original purchase, which he says was a screw up see the manager. 3 days later manager finally working he says, "Too bad for you everything is warrantied from initial purchase date. After that everything must be repurchased." However, if I would have returned the rotors first they would have been applied correctly, I could have then bought the new ones and warranty would still be active. Conclusion, Autozone Warranty is a SCAM.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

I ordered a Duralast Blower Control Switch SW3340 online since local stores didn't have part. I received a set of Pioneer Cylinder Head Dowel Pins with packing slip for customer 2200 miles away. Called customer service and was told to wait 24-48 business hours before someone would resolve the issue. Meanwhile I have a car without a working heater/defroster. Not happy with their lack of resolve to fix their mistake.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Over 3 months ago AutoZone sold me a rebuilt transmission (with warranty). First they sent the wrong one which cost me tow charges and labor to have it installed and uninstalled. Then they sent that transmission back and ordered another one that doesn't work. They refuse to give me my money back because the company they bought the transmission from won't call them back.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

11.16.22 - AutoZone NOLA EAST, CHEF HWY- I called to inquire if they had replacement bulbs for my headlights. I had to repeat 3 times but each time the person on other end had no clue what I was saying. I asked his name (I didn't understand HIM) and If I could speak to someone that speaks english....please. I was placed on hold few seconds and someone did come near phone, picked it up then hung up.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Never again will purchase anything from Autozone, I swap the battery that it was under warranty, gave me new one they said, it didn't last not even 20min, took it back and the customer service was very rude, LOST A CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Placed a online order for a radiator, paid with PayPal account. Confirmation # given to me and thought all was well. Went to pick it up and they have no order for me. Checked my paypal account and was charged for it. Then went on Autozone page and see my order was cancelled for that invoice and another was put through on a bogus invoice #, this one says I ordered it the day before and I was present when I ordered it. So I was charged almost 200.00 for a radiator that they can find no invoice for. I call paypal and get my money returned.

In meantime still needing radiator right away and they are only store with it in stock... I call up store for the third time to be sure it is in stock and have them hold it for me and was assured it was there and on hold for me. Drove to store again, 30 miles each way, to be told there is nothing on hold and they do not even have it in stock. Was very angry at this point and women clerks could care less what they put me through. This store is located at 10722 S.E 82nd in Portland.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

This is Auto Zone on 1125 Park St in Alameda California. They Gave me a bad time trying to return a defective alternator: they had me wait for the manager, they could not find the transaction in their system, and ignored my calls, I came to their store and the person in charge says she is too busy to help me. Don't buy on this store - go to the one on Mac Arthur Blvd in Oakland if you Auto Zone.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

After ordering brake pads for next day delivery, advised arrive by 3pm. Called & told arrive by 8pm, called & told by end of day. Next day, told will be now delivered in 3 days!!! So, now have to go to store, purchase product, await delivery and take to store for a refund which takes up to 5 bus days. I've been completely screwed, as mechanic has been waiting days, when I could have picked up from store on Day 1. DO NOT TRUST AUTOZONE NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I bought a headliner online for my Cherokee, it arrived, and I waited for the time and inclination to install it. When I had my car all apart to install the headliner, I found it was 18 inches too short. Following online advice, I took it to the store where return was refused as it was over ninety days. OK, a little on me I admit, but a lot on Auto Zone! I got no consideration; this was an elective installation for which I waited on a good time to tackle, this is not a product for which warranty or expiration apply, Auto Zone actually claimed the purchase was not "vehicle specific", a one size fits all. Not the way it was described online at all. Anybody need a headliner for a Smart Car? It’s a little short of the length of a Jeep Cherokee.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Sales associate Travis has so much knowledge on AutoZone products and what works well. Travis also promotes sale/promotion items that are more cost effective to purchase. I appreciate Travis at our Fountain Hills Arizona AutoZone store.

AutoZone Company Information