Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

419 AutoZone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

12 years, 1096 transactions, 219 reward points and $54,090 spent. (This doesn't include cash transactions or transactions over $200 of which there have been many.) I have been informed that I will no longer be receiving my tech discount at AutoZone. Why? Because "some guy" on my last visit observed my receipt of said discount, called corporate and complained. Some guy? All I can say is that I hope you and "some guy" are very happy together and I wish you the best. Bye Felicia. Hello O'Reilly???

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

They Cost me about 3 thousand dollars! They sold me an IAC valve for my mint 89 k5. The pintle wound up in my number 3 cylinder and destroyed my engine. After hours on the phone (being as polite and respectful as possible) their response in so many words was, "Tough ** go pound sand." Worst company I've ever dealt with in 20 years of being a licensed auto and aircraft mechanic.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

17115 main street Hesperia, CA - AutoZone has mostly Latino employees and if you're not of Latino race then you're made to feel that you're not welcome at Auto Zone, they discriminate against other races by being rude or just ignoring the needs of their no Latino customers, so I now take my automotive business to O'Reilly.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I needed a Alternator for my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 so I decided to buy it online and pick up at the store. Online, they offered a 20% discount for orders over 100.00 using coupon code CHEER20. Well, the website did not work and would not apply the coupon. I went to the store and asked for the discount because the website would not honor it. The store told me they could not honor it either. I was told their system was acting up. So I decided to buy a 134 alternator and pay 57.00 additional for the core until I can return it. I paid a total of 206.00. When I came back 2 hours later to return the core, they told me they couldn't because their system was out. I would have to be calling them until the system comes back up. This is outrageous. The only reason I bought it is because I desperately needed the alternator. The customer service person I spoke to was only willing to give me a 10% off toward my rewards what a joke!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My 1st experience sucked. I went in to get a headlamp bulb and felt like they didn't care about me. While installing it they said this is taking to long and gave up. They also broke one of the mounts that hold the headlamp in place and now it is loose. Now may need to buy a hold damned headlamp. I really wanted to give a no stars rating!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I initially went in to dispose of my used motor oil and to also pick up a couple of extra quarts to have on standby. Not being my first time here, I knew where I was to go, but was told by the associate to 'give her a minute' as there was stuff piled in front of the disposal tank. 3 minutes later, I poked my head around to see what was taking her so long to assist, and I sat there for another couple of minutes dumbfounded as I watched her 'coke and joke' with her coworker, change the trash bag, and dance a jig (to the amusement of no one) - especially me. I took my used oil and my business and went to another auto parts store across the street. This will be the LAST time I ever take my business to this or any AutoZone even if convenience is a consideration.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

All week long the front and rear brake pads for a Saturn Outlook AWD were available, go to pick them up at 7:30 a.m. on a business day. Order gets canceled by the clerk who said pads were not in stock, instead, he tried to make himself his goal daily sale of $98.00. The non-available pad total was $52.99, very bad sale techniques. On top of that, I tell him if I have any problems with what he's profiting from I was going to be across the street at a local shop. "Oh, they don't open until after 9:00 a.m." I never asked what time the shop across the street opens, nor for him to contradict what I had in mind. Results? No sale, no commision. Why did I have to mention if he could call the other store and find out if they had them? Otherwise the sale was the target and the goal?

By the way I have to wait for the sale he canceled to be credited back to my bank account and the reason why the order was canceled nor the process discussed with me before bringing out the most expensive brake pads the employee had in stock, of course, additional items were entered in the order without the shop needing them, today is Friday. Thanks a lot Autozone. Store # 5297. What a day start, what a waste of time. Autozone and Pep Boys both need to be shut down. Bring something innovative where employees are well trained and paid well enough so that just making a sale is not the goal, products are always going to be inexpensive elsewhere, is the quality the public interest what matter in order to retain the money and keep people coming back. Poor sale techniques.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I bought a car battery from Autozone. Drove home and installed the battery in my vehicle. I followed the instruction provided by AutoZone and I have installed hundreds of car batteries over the years. I know what I am doing. When I attempted to start the vehicle, after installation, nothing. No lights, no warning ding and no starting. When I checked the "new" battery it was producing 1.62V not 12. My new battery was bad.

OK, I uninstalled it, grabbed my receipt and headed back to the AutoZone. I was told by a worker in the store that there was nothing they could do because I installed it and not them??? This was 40 minutes after I made the original purchase. They scanned the battery when I purchased it so they have the serial number and knew this was the same battery I purchased 40 minutes earlier. I could not have switched batteries. I just spent over $250 and was told, "Sorry you are out of luck". No replacement battery and no money back. Buyer beware and I will never, ever buy anything at AutoZone again. There are 2 other auto parts stores very close. Those stores will get my business.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had called the store to order a part which they told me I have to pay first. I was busy running errands and also had to get ready for work. I didn't want to give my credit card so I decided to order online to pick up any store. Which the stupid ** website didn't give me that option. I called the store to ask them why candy I order the part to the store for pick up instead of waiting 2-5 days even delay on Thanksgiving. So she told me she nor the manager didn't know. So I called the Autozone customer service and they told me I have 2 options either I go to the store and pay for it or order online and it ships to my house. **. Yah better ** change your options because I don't have time to go back and forth waiting for a ** product. Yah need to update your options to order it to the store for pick up. Be like Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Let me tell you my story about problems with AutoZone. I bought 2 little tool sets from AutoZone Lawrence. One was a little ratchet set, 3/8 and a small wrench set SAE and metric. I was a plumber trying to get back to work after brain surgery. I somehow lost 2 pieces from each set. This and other developments convinced me my career as a plumber was over, finito! I emailed AutoZone, they told me to bring my tool sets to AutoZone Lawrence and they would be happy to help me find replacement parts so I could start selling all my tools. On top of losing my career, the wheel falls off my car. 2 days later I get on the bus to bring my tool sets back to AutoZone Lawrence, a 3.00 trip. I walk in the store carrying my 2 tool sets in a plastic bag. I walk in. Some nice ** woman tells me to put my bag down on the counter; she’ll help me in a minute. Just to allow other customers to be helped I go a couple of counters down.

After about 15 minutes the fun begins. The manager Bernard walks up to me and asks how he can help me. I start explaining my predicament - he’s looking behind me at other customers. He asks who told me to bring in my tools. I tell him AutoZone. He says why they told me to do that, he has real customers in line right behind me. I pick up my bag and head for the exit. On the way I’m going by a cart with tools on it that a store helper is putting on some shelves, restocking them I assume. I figure I’ll try one last time to get some service. The table he’s taking tools from to restock has an empty space on one end. I start to rest my bag on the empty space on his cart. I start to rest my heavy bag on the cart. He tells me what am I doing? I start to explain - he tells me he can’t help me, he’s too busy. Defeated I head for the exit once again.

On my way out I hear the stock person saying, "Hold on sir." I’m certain he will apologize and ask how he can help me. I’m walking out the door. I’m halfway out. There's 3 customers coming in. The stock person is right behind me. He catches up to me. He grabs my plastic bag and places it on the cement outside the door. He starts going through my bag. In a few seconds he’s done. He announces in a loud voice, "You can leave now. I just had to make sure you weren’t stealing anything!" Now it gets interesting. After I get home on the bus, another bus trip. I write a note to AutoZone to report on my awful day! They tell me just to make sure I get help they’ll have the district manager contact me. Within a few days the district manager calls me. Her name is Naomi. Now I come face to face with my trouble. I can tell by Naomi’s attitude she doesn’t like me or any customers. She is the cancer that is growing at AutoZone.

I call her back - she asks me what can she do to assuage my hurt feelings. I can tell she wants to hang up. So I say, "I’m not sure." She tells me if I think of anything to let her know. I release her from the call and my mind is flying - maybe I can get the parts replaced or a nice tool set. While this is going on AutoZone Lawrence calls me for a job interview. I go to AutoZone Lawrence and Bernard interviews me. He recognizes me and the interview goes on and ends. He tells me I’ll be contacted by the district manager. I go home, it’s now my 5th or 6th bus trip. I get a call from Naomi - she tells me to meet her at AutoZone Freeport at 1:00 PM. I take the bus trip to Freeport, a really long bus trip. I get to the store about 12:30 PM. I enter the store. I tell the 3 people at the counter, "I’m here for the job." They inform me that Naomi’s on the road and she’ll be there soon. They say just hang around the store till she arrives.

I’m walking around the store waiting for my interview. I buy a couple of sodas and some chips because I haven’t eaten yet. Time is moving slowly, I go outside for some air. I’m in and out buying sodas. It’s now 3:00 PM. Naomi finally enters. It’s now 3:30 PM. Just to show you their care for customers. Naomi asks what I’m doing walking around the store when all the other applicants are sitting in the back room. Why don’t I join them. After I’m finally sitting Naomi comes to the back room. She tells us she’s sorry she was late. She tells us she will interview each of us separately. She calls me to the back. She interviews me. She tells me I’ll hear from her by the end of the day. Then she tells me she wanted to see who would complain about her men.

She never called. When I called her she said I would not be hired. I said, "What about my problem with AutoZone Lawrence." She told me to go back to Lawrence. When I go there they offer me a 10.00 mini tool set. I tell them after all my trouble and humiliation that’s not good enough. They tell me Naomi says take it or leave it. I had no option but to leave it. After all my bus fares and being accused of trying to rob AutoZone I just can’t accept that.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bought a used van with warranty on the Duralast battery. The battery died and I don't have the seller's phone number. I took the battery "DURALAST" to AutoZone and they said they could not do anything since I don't have the buyer's phone number. They did not even wanted to prorate their own exclusive battery brand of DURALAST.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have a commercial account for 5 yrs with AutoZone, my customer service at store level has went way down in past 2 yrs. Seems nobody cares about me or my business, I was told that I couldn’t warranty parts on my wrecker because it's a fleet truck, I told them, "I bought the best you offer pads and rotor and this is the treatment I get." In the past I had issues where I purchased calipers for my wife’s truck and could only find one in the system. I knew I replaced both. I asked for a battery rack from commercial rep (Keith). He told others that I was going out of business. And I would have to reapply for an account. That this would be my last week I could charge to my account.

I did tell him we were making changes to our company and we were moving to a bigger shop closer to the city. I'm the first shop closest to interstate. He hasn’t been by to see me in over 3 months. Commercial manager (Eric) which I like a lot even has been giving me issues telling me I can't return parts and that it has to be changed out not credited. I want to take my business to people that care so when I have a part that needs changing I would like a return so I can buy from other competitors, I really feel like I have been mistreated by entire staff at the store, the DM (Robert) goes around to all commercial accounts but me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I went into AutoZone (store #4237) on November 8 2018 to warranty out my battery but they told me that they need to do a battery test to see if it bad. So I left the battery there. On November 9 2018 I went in to see if my battery was tested and found out that they haven’t even touch it so I had to wait for the battery test. After the test it turned out the battery was bad and needed a new battery. They looked up the purchase date and saw that it was purchase on 2017. As they were trying to do the exchange it seems like the battery I bought was the wrong one so they told me that I have to drive back to the original store to do the exchange.

The original store that I had bought it from is 1 hour away, I ask the person in charge politely to see if he could just exchange it and he told me that he could get fired if he did that. Since AutoZone screw up my purchase it in me to correct their mistake. I’m never going back there because it seems like their jobs are more important than trying to help a customer out. All in honesty I don’t think his manager would of fired him for just doing a warrant battery exchange because another store screw up, but I felt like I wasted my time in there because my battery never got exchange and now I’m driving like an hour just for a battery exchange. If I’ve had known I would of went there in the first place but nobody wants to drive an hour for a battery exchange.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a jack online and never received it. I called AutoZone because the tracking number they gave me didn't work. The first person I talked to said the jack was coming from FedEx. I called FedEx and the number AutoZone gave me wasn't theirs, so I call AutoZone back and the next person looks into it and said R&L trucking is shipping it, so they told me it could take up to 10 days. Well after 12 days I call AutoZone and tell them I haven't heard anything. They put me on hold and call R&L and then get back to me saying I never answered the phone for delivery, so the jack got sent back. I told AutoZone I never got a call from R&L trucking, so I was mad and called R&L trucking directly to see what the hell. They told me AutoZone never sent them my phone number and nobody from AutoZone would return their phone calls, so they sent the jack back to the manufacturer, so AutoZone tried to say it was my fault.

I called AutoZone back and they said they will try to turn the order around and have it shipped back to me, so at this point I don't trust that they are competent enough to send my order out, so I call the manufacturer directly and they tried dealing with AutoZone to reprocess the order, so I was hopeful with the phone calls and footwork I had to do. After another 8 days I called the manufacturer to see the status and she hasn't seen anything from AutoZone yet, so my order never got re-sent, at this point it been almost a month since I placed my order And I'm just done with these clowns and want to get my money I never received, so will see how long that takes. I spent probably 7 hours dealing with this. It would've been easier to just build the damn jack myself.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

AutoZone advertises 20% off and next day delivery. I ordered a part on Monday and called them on Wednesday asking where my part was. They said I would get my tracking information later in the day and part should be at my house Thursday. It is now Thursday and I have no tracking information. Emailed customer service this morning and they said they have an inquiry into the parts house. So this afternoon I emailed again and they told me to wait 24-48 hours for a response. This is an unacceptable answer for a part that is carried in almost all of their stores and advertised to be next day delivery. I asked them to send the order to my local store and I would pick it up there and they declined to do so. I typically don't write reviews but this left a bad taste in my mouth. I will be taking my business to O’Reilly from now on.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

10/11/2018 around 2:00 pm, worst place. Offensive and racist. After 20 minutes of waiting for someone to check us out, still no one came. We bought shop equipment for mechanics. It came in a big box, I don’t know the part's name. I was just driving my brother. Nobody helped us in the store. Not after he paid. Again it was a big heavy box and no one offer to help carry it outside. When we got outside and were putting it in the car a guy ran after us asking if we paid and asking for a receipt and asked who we paid with. We were still carrying a heavy box as he demanded to see the receipt and again no offer for help. I got really upset and made my brother return everything. You will never see us going back there and I will tell everyone about my experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Was in a location yesterday here in town buying some quick paint and went over to the checkout station. MY check hadn't deposited yet and when I used my debit card it was declined, which I did expect but what came next bothered me more than anything. From his screen he was able to tell me exactly how much was in my account. Why is it any of their business how much is in my account and if they can see that from their screen what stops them from check everyone's debit cards approved or not.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Bruce ** at AutoZone in Lexington, KY was so awesome. My friend and I got a flat tire while driving and the closest place near was an AutoZone. So we stopped there and we were both nervous, we’re still at an age where our parents answer all questions for us. But no one was answering our calls. So Bruce was so patient and kind with us. He informed us on everything. I just wanted to acknowledge ho1w great he was and how he went above and beyond to help us.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was in the store for about ten minutes before anyone spoke. When the guy behind the register asked what I needed, he said he would be out in a minute. While I waited for him, another customer came and ordered something, which made me think I should order it as well. Trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting my battery charged during the 30 minutes I was already there, I got tired and returned the purchase of the headlights I purchased. I would have had to wait an hour for my battery to charge, but that hour couldn't start until the one person who was doing all the working got to a new task even though I was there before many of the other customers.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I needed a 1/4"X 3ft. Rubber for my truck. The cashier at AutoZone charged almost $11.00. Later I needed another 3/8 X 2 ft. I checked the price. I paid for the hose I purchased at AutoZone at O'Reilly Auto Parts and found out a that a normal price for that hose is about 1.50/ foot. AutoZone ripped me off once but not twice.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I went in to purchase a new battery. Our car wouldn't start once he put in the new battery. He took it back up to the AutoZone where the same woman who sold us the battery told him that wasn't the battery she sold us. Of course he explained that it was the battery she had just sold us less than an hour ago. She insisted that this particular battery had already been returned according to their system. He again explained to her that there had to be a mistake because this is without a doubt the same battery she had just sold us. She reluctantly refunded him the money.

After he returned home and told me what had happened, I called immediately and spoke to the same woman. I told her that we are honest people and that she had upset my husband very much by accusing him of being dishonest. She never apologized or offered to let us speak to someone in charge. I told her that she had lost our business and that I would be reporting to this to as many people as I could and would definitely write a bad review. I will be calling tomorrow to speak to a manager in charge.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

AutoZone - 2808 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205 - Policy first, customer second... Employee pulled the wrong part, when I tried to exchanged it I was told the re-credit had to go on my card, (which my bank could hold for 3-5 days). They refused responsibility at this point. Three different managers and not one of them knew that if it was a debit transaction (which it was) you could get cash back. An employee later revealed this to me, but by then their system blocked my exchange so I couldn't do anything and they wouldn't just switch it out.

One manager yelled at me to stop wasting my time trying to exchange the part, then ignored me when I tried to talk to him. Another manager snatched the replacement part out of my hands as I was attempting to explain how simple this exchange could be. The main manager said that was their policy, you can't do a return without the system, so it's not really their fault.

Really? You pulled the wrong part. You failed to explain the difference between debit and credit transactions. You refused to simply switch out the parts, and deal with the computer end of it later. This is what our society in the computer age has come to. A solution is right there, but because of a "policy" that needs a computer input at that very moment, they lost my business. So, the managers don't think for themselves, and the employees are in no position to help because they are outranked. None of this matters apparently because without their system, their hands are tied. In the end I paid for the same part twice, ($400+) then had to return next day to get my cash refund, met with the same don't want to help attitude from the same manager. Lost my business for good. I gladly drive the extra few miles to their competitors.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have always gotten what I wanted or needed at AutoZone. Have never had a problem making an exchange or returning a part. Always friendly service. I enjoy the fact they will do a scan for free if you have a check engine light on. And their scan always matches what the dealer scan says.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I bought an alternator that turned out to be bad. I carried it back to the store for a warranty exchange the same day and the store I bought it from didn’t have, which they sent me to another store over ten miles away that turned up not having the exchanges alternator. This store sent me to another store that have the alternator but instead of warranty exchange they put the money back on my card and told me I had to purchase it again. However my money isn’t on my card and it just suppose to be a warranty exchange. The supervisor looks in the computer and the warranty isn’t in there pursuant to the first store staff who took my core part and money. Now I’m without my money and part. Store no 1028 and 1006 staff have bad customer service and is very disrespectful. I would not recommend any to these stores.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My battery died and wouldn't hold a charge after jumping it from another car. I couldn't remember if I got it from AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts but it was less than a year ago so I knew it was likely still under warranty. I went to AutoZone to get them to charge it, as is described as a free service on your website. The first guy, a middle-aged Asian man, I dealt with was great and loaned me the socket that I needed to remove the battery at home and bring it into the store. When I returned, I spoke with a younger ** gentleman with a very poor and unhelpful attitude. I explained that I was bringing in my battery to get it charged and his first response was, "So you gonna wait around for an HOUR?" To which I responded, "No. I'm going to go home and then come back and get it."

He then proceeded to tell me that it was a dead cell and that it's not going to hold a charge. He put his hands on it and said, "It's hot!" I said, "That's because it's been sitting next to an engine that's been running for 30 minutes in 90 degree weather, trying to get it to hold a charge." He kept assuring me that it wasn't going to hold a charge. I asked him to provide the service anyway so that I could see it for myself and I went home. When I returned, the battery was sitting on the counter and I asked, "Did it work", to which the same young gentleman replied, "Nope."

Turns out, the battery came from Advanced Auto Parts and there is a store right across the street. I then took the battery to them because they could handle my warranty if necessary. They ran a test on the battery and didn't seem to find anything wrong with it other than it didn't have a charge. As I no longer had an hour to wait for the battery to charge because the store would be closed, I allowed them to trickle charge it overnight and then pick it up the next day. They were very friendly and never once told me that my battery was dead and that I needed to replace it. I picked it up the next day, hooked it up to my car and started it without issue.

Upon connecting the battery, I noticed that the brake lights came on and wouldn't turn off. One YouTube video later and I determine the cause and find the plastic part that broke off of my brake pedal that triggers the lights to turn off. It was under my floor mat. It's less than a $5 fix and will keep my battery from draining because the brake lights will now shut off.

So, to summarize, the younger gentleman at the AutoZone Smyrna, Delaware who made the statement, “We're 'McDonald's, they're MacDowell's”, using a “Coming To America” reference to Advanced Auto Parts never once hooked my battery up to the charger and completely wasted my time. I know this to be a fact because it's about 36 hours later and my battery still has a perfectly full charge and my car starts up without issue.

I kept the positive cable disconnected overnight because I haven't replaced the sensor yet but, when I hook it up, it starts right away like a brand new battery. I will never spend a dime at that store and will now always attempt to find an Advanced, O'Reilly or Napa store before resorting to an AutoZone store. This guy literally went out of his way to do NOTHING to help me. Very shameful...

Original review: July 12, 2018

Never have the part. Some are the wrong parts, and the part that was supposed to be here already is three days late so far. I gotta pay people for rides and it's really killing my income. I'm done with them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

1986 torque converter Dodge Charger - Went online to see where nearest AutoZone that might have torque converter, no local stores had 1, but showed had 1 in stock in warehouse and could be picked up at the store 4 miles from my home the next day. Next day called my local store no torque converter, said they would call warehouse and check to see what happen, called back said would be here in 2 days had to come from a warehouse out of state, no local warehouse had one. After a week, still no torque converter. ask for them to credit my account and I would order from different company. AutoZone said as long as they showed they had 1 in stock, couldn't get my money back.

Thru numerous calls, found out company DAYCO in Cookville, TN, is where they rebuild converters that AutoZone sells, called Dayco manager, he told me that 86 and 87 Charger torque converters were few and that they hadn't rebuilt one in years, because they can't get cores. Called my local store and relayed info to them, they kept insisting they had one in California warehouse and they could get it, I ask what town in Cal., they told me and I called a local AutoZONE closest to California warehouse, AutoZone salesman said would call warehouse and verify.

After 2 hours, someone from warehouse called me and said didn't know where my local AutoZone got their info but they hadn't had 1986 or 87 torque converter in a year, I ask them to call my AutoZone store and tell them that, that they kept showing 1 in stock. Long story I know, but AutoZone tied my $180 up for over 3 weeks. I never stop at the local stores or buy from AutoZone online. Even the company manager at Dayco had called them a week into this ordeal, AutoZone continued for 2 weeks to refund me.

Original review: June 8, 2018

In returning an alternator that went bad I was told they would order another since they didn't have it in stock and it would be in on Monday 06-04-2018. This was on a Sun 06-03-2018, went back on Mon, 06-04-18 no sign of part being ordered, the part was paid for. So let's try again; mind you I'm having to borrow a car since my car has been down since Sunday! So here's Thurs, back to AutoZone AND CANNOT FIND ORDER! And of course they make no effort and try to locate it. By this time I'm frustrated and requested a refund. I am just puzzled; WHAT IS HAPPENING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?! Location - Stafford, TX 77477.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I live in a desert area where the temps can get over 110 a lot of the days in the summer and have gone through several Duralast batteries since I moved here. Thanks that I was always near home when they were failing so I could make it to the nearest Autozone. Last week I was driving and noticed that my lights on the dash started to flicker and looked at my OBD2 device and it said the battery was at 9 volts. I went directly to the Autozone I purchased the battery from last October and the employee checked the battery and said it was bad. I then noticed that the cap on top of the battery had blown off of the top of the battery and that caused it to lose power.

After they replaced the battery I noticed that the battery was still showing low voltage so I went to the auto repair shop and they said my alternator was bad (which I replaced 1.5 years ago but at least still under warranty). Bad thing was it was a holiday weekend so could not go anywhere for 4 days till the holiday was over and repair shop reopened. Now everything seems to be OK but am worried that this might happen again. Battery company says it probably was the alternator overcharging the battery and mechanic says battery dying cause the alternator to go bad. No one will admit anything. LOL. Below is a pic of the top of the battery that had the cap come off. Glad I wasn't on a sightseeing trip into the desert off road and this happened and couldn't get car going in this heat. Just venting because I don't know who to blame so I blame both. LOL.

Original review: May 29, 2018

AutoZone did not ship this product as they had advertised. When purchasing the item the delivery time was stated on the checkout screen. However, the item has yet to arrive. I tried to reach Autozone customer service. The first representative I reached could not tell me why my product had not arrived. I was forwarded to a supervisor who was confrontational and agreed that while my product had not arrived when expected there was nothing he would do about it. I explained that due to their inaccuracies I am placed at a costly inconvenience due to a car awaiting a part for repair. He also refused to offer any coupons, codes, or discounts on a future purchase in order to help compensate me for my loss. I inquired about returning the product and he got confrontational. I do not like how I was treated. Overall, this AutoZone customer service was impolite and unhelpful.

AutoZone Company Information