AutoZone

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AutoZone Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 666 reviews and 1,182 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autozone?

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

Just now NEW-Edit. The store is great but the worker who was supposed to help us didn't do much to resolve our issue. UPDATE 7/2023: I am totally changing the previous rating to a less than ZERO because AutoZone doesn't care about **, disabled and female customers. They may have satisfied the required 'quotas' by hiring ** people BUT they don't the race as a whole. Complaining to management is fruitless as they will be dismissive about the discriminatory behavior. We need to hold companies accountable for how they treat minorities (Race, sex, gender, disability, etc.) when they take our dollars. Giving our money to their competitors may open their eyes up to treat everyone equal regardless of their personal biases. LOCATION: 482 W. Trenton Avenue, Morrisville, Pa. 19067 - AutoZone Auto Parts.

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2023

I purchased an fuel pump online. After I placed the order the address that they had out on my reward which is suppose to be my shipping address the associate wrote my address wrong. I called to have them fix it. They told me they would handle it with FedEx. They fixed one of the order that was going to be shipped first but not the other. I spoke to a manager Author from corporate which told they returned it to the vendor because they did not fix the address and his solution was to Refund me and wait 3-4 days to get my refund and would not try to fix this problem and send me what I paid for. In other words, go buy it someplace else. Amazon even had it cheaper and I told them why would I continue buying from Amazon when they don't care in losing clients, they do not want to do the work. I do not recommend doing business with AutoZone... terrible experience.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2023

Good customer service is nearly a thing of the past, but not at AutoZone store # 2726 in Surprise, Arizona. I needed new wiper blades for my 2018 Porsche. To begin with, they had in stock all three wiper blades. The Manager, **, took time from his busy day to be sure that I selected the correct blades and then expertly installed them for me. With the summer rains coming soon, this was necessary and very much appreciated. I fully recommend this AutoZone store to anyone that is in the vicinity. Thanks Again, Ramon!

Reviewed June 19, 2023

I used to go to O'rielly's, but I have had the best customer service experience at AutoZone since then. I have always gone there. This location has one attentive staff named Rick M. He always takes care of business, especially the customer. I like this location on 67th Avenue on Bell Road. I choose it because this is one of the best employee. He always gets the job done fast.

Reviewed June 12, 2023

Bought bad transmission. They won't refund me or help me with this. I call constantly asking for help. No response. Should I press charges. 3 mechanic shop says it's no good. I even replaced the oil twice and replace solenoids. Still does not have all the gears.

Reviewed June 3, 2023

I've bought from AutoZone in Dickson Tn for many years, under my phone number they had my name listed twice, never paid much attention, just reminded them to check there every time I went because there was warranty information listed under both spellings, A week ago I called to check on a warranty and was told one of them was gone. That it was never there. It was. It’s been there at least 10 years. I ask if I could speak to someone higher up. The store manager got on the phone and said the same thing the young man said. So I ask if there was someone else I could speak to, mind you I’ve bought a lot of parts for that old Dodge Ram of mine so the parts have been expensive, the store manager Chris told me to Google it and hung up on me.

So I googled it and called corporate in Memphis who told me after I explained to him that the district manager in the area would contact me. I work in customer service so I understand we get busy but now it’s been almost a week and no call, so buyers beware. They will delete your information if you have more than 1 name under your phone number and not honor the expensive lifetime warranties that you pay for.

Reviewed June 1, 2023

The Toledo location on bryne road in 43614 is about the worst Autozone that you can attend to. Avoid this store all possibilities not unless you want to keep returning with wrong parts, missed information and disrespected by employees!

Reviewed May 27, 2023

I went to AutoZone because I don't know much about car parts and trusted they did. These ** looked up the part and had it transferred from another store for me to pick up a day later. Turns out it's the wrong part. Now my third trip to the store and they won't refund the purchase for the part without the receipt. What's the purpose of having an account at AutoZone if they can't or won't do this? Guess I'll have to find the receipt and go back a 4th time. # AutoBoned

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 30, 2023

Paid for next day delivery for 2 muffler clamps. Items were sent to NJ, rather than Newport News, VA. Customer svc said it was a special order and was on time rather than admit they were wrong and won't refund the n

Reviewed April 27, 2023

Three different times have I bought car batteries from them that were under a warranty guarantee to last 5 years, but only lasted 3 years or less. Only once have they honored it. The other 2 times I have had to pay full price to have the battery replaced. Since the warranty is a manufacturer guarantee, they are probably getting these batteries replaced for free by the manufacturer but charging full price to the customer.

Reviewed April 20, 2023

I went to the store to return something, the person at the register was serving another customer, I got in line to wait but they were taking time so I decided to look around the store while I waited. When I returned to the register another cashier yell me on which began to insinuate that I had taken something from the store and now wanted to return it and that many people do that.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2023

Autozone pretends to warranty their products but actually they just warranty a time period. I purchased brake rotors with a 2 year warranty and pads with a lifetime warranty. Within 15 months both were shot. Went in purchased them again and asked about warranty, told me no problem just bring them in and they would refund the initial purchase because they were still under warranty and didn't last. I asked about the new pads and rotors and salesman said they also had a lifetime and 2 year warranty.

15 months later both are shot again. Bring them in and new salesman tells me the rotors are out of warranty because they applied the previous warranty exchange to the last purchase not the original purchase, which he says was a screw up see the manager. 3 days later manager finally working he says, "Too bad for you everything is warrantied from initial purchase date. After that everything must be repurchased." However, if I would have returned the rotors first they would have been applied correctly, I could have then bought the new ones and warranty would still be active. Conclusion, Autozone Warranty is a SCAM.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2022

I ordered a Duralast Blower Control Switch SW3340 online since local stores didn't have part. I received a set of Pioneer Cylinder Head Dowel Pins with packing slip for customer 2200 miles away. Called customer service and was told to wait 24-48 business hours before someone would resolve the issue. Meanwhile I have a car without a working heater/defroster. Not happy with their lack of resolve to fix their mistake.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

Over 3 months ago AutoZone sold me a rebuilt transmission (with warranty). First they sent the wrong one which cost me tow charges and labor to have it installed and uninstalled. Then they sent that transmission back and ordered another one that doesn't work. They refuse to give me my money back because the company they bought the transmission from won't call them back.

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2022

11.16.22 - AutoZone NOLA EAST, CHEF HWY- I called to inquire if they had replacement bulbs for my headlights. I had to repeat 3 times but each time the person on other end had no clue what I was saying. I asked his name (I didn't understand HIM) and If I could speak to someone that speaks english....please. I was placed on hold few seconds and someone did come near phone, picked it up then hung up.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

Never again will purchase anything from Autozone, I swap the battery that it was under warranty, gave me new one they said, it didn't last not even 20min, took it back and the customer service was very rude, LOST A CUSTOMER.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2022

Placed a online order for a radiator, paid with PayPal account. Confirmation # given to me and thought all was well. Went to pick it up and they have no order for me. Checked my paypal account and was charged for it. Then went on Autozone page and see my order was cancelled for that invoice and another was put through on a bogus invoice #, this one says I ordered it the day before and I was present when I ordered it. So I was charged almost 200.00 for a radiator that they can find no invoice for. I call paypal and get my money returned.

In meantime still needing radiator right away and they are only store with it in stock... I call up store for the third time to be sure it is in stock and have them hold it for me and was assured it was there and on hold for me. Drove to store again, 30 miles each way, to be told there is nothing on hold and they do not even have it in stock. Was very angry at this point and women clerks could care less what they put me through. This store is located at 10722 S.E 82nd in Portland.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2022

This is Auto Zone on 1125 Park St in Alameda California. They Gave me a bad time trying to return a defective alternator: they had me wait for the manager, they could not find the transaction in their system, and ignored my calls, I came to their store and the person in charge says she is too busy to help me. Don't buy on this store - go to the one on Mac Arthur Blvd in Oakland if you Auto Zone.

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2022

After ordering brake pads for next day delivery, advised arrive by 3pm. Called & told arrive by 8pm, called & told by end of day. Next day, told will be now delivered in 3 days!!! So, now have to go to store, purchase product, await delivery and take to store for a refund which takes up to 5 bus days. I've been completely screwed, as mechanic has been waiting days, when I could have picked up from store on Day 1. DO NOT TRUST AUTOZONE NEXT DAY DELIVERY.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2022

I bought a headliner online for my Cherokee, it arrived, and I waited for the time and inclination to install it. When I had my car all apart to install the headliner, I found it was 18 inches too short. Following online advice, I took it to the store where return was refused as it was over ninety days. OK, a little on me I admit, but a lot on Auto Zone! I got no consideration; this was an elective installation for which I waited on a good time to tackle, this is not a product for which warranty or expiration apply, Auto Zone actually claimed the purchase was not "vehicle specific", a one size fits all. Not the way it was described online at all. Anybody need a headliner for a Smart Car? It’s a little short of the length of a Jeep Cherokee.

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2022

Sales associate Travis has so much knowledge on AutoZone products and what works well. Travis also promotes sale/promotion items that are more cost effective to purchase. I appreciate Travis at our Fountain Hills Arizona AutoZone store.

Reviewed July 27, 2022

Mid 2019 Bought the first AGM battery ($150+). The battery wasn’t fully charged and wouldn’t fully charge at the store. Swapped out and next one in I think 2020. Stopped holding a full charge several months later. Returned it and discussed issues. When visiting dealership had them check my Q7 charging system, had no issues other than battery not charging to full. Finally took back again to Auto Zone for another in maybe March 2022 before putting Q7 in shop on April 13, 2022. Waited over 3 months for parts and now service shop calls and says the battery is no good and will not keep the charge long enough to program my Q7. Back at AutoZone where now they want $130 for the battery since warranty is out. I understand all of that other than I’ve never had one good battery and have had to run back and forth over this substandard manufacturing process of these AGM batteries which cost over $200 now. So whose getting screwed, me or AutoZone?

Reviewed July 12, 2022

We came to purchase a product your store used to carry. At some point, one of us proceeded to the posted restroom sign. An AutoZone employee, claiming to be a manager, started shouting that it is his store and that we were to ask his permission. He was relentless and combative. He did not care to brace himself. We started leaving the store and asked for his name as he had no identifying tag on. He hunched down to start writing, but then changed his mind, and instead said that if we do not leave immediately, he would call the police, which he actually proceeded to do. This was so outrageously absurd, aside from false police reporting.

Reviewed June 13, 2022

I brought a battery in on 06/12/2022 from Auto Zone that I bought there on 02/26/2018. It had a 5 year warranty. I brought in the original receipt that showed the purchase date & the warranty. They refused to honor their warranty & give me the he 8 1/2 months prorate still on the warranty. I have the original receipt to prove.

Reviewed June 11, 2022

I was sent the wrong car part by design. The auto repair was delayed for days. The correct part is 4x the cost. It became a complicated repair process into a very lengthy process. Remanufactured alternator was from China.

Reviewed June 10, 2022

I extremely dissatisfied with the online service. I order two front KYB struts for my vehicle which had gotten canceled due to the warehouse not having the struts in stock (order#10043774809). I used a Memorial Day promotion which was a 20% coupon. I called on June 2, 2022, and spoke with **, Samuel who emailed me another 20% coupon, code PROJECTTIME. Credit was pending to be released, so it was on hold at the time I had called. The online promotion on June 2nd was a 15% promo, and since I had used a 20% promo and **, Samuel called and confirmed that the warehouse did not have either the KYB or Duralast brand front struts for my vehicle in stock. Samuel said that the inventory for the Duralast was also incorrect. Hence why he emailed a 20% off code, that I could use for online orders for instore purchases.

Samuel said on June 2nd that he had called the nearby AutoZone store located in Columbia MD and Laurel MD and they informed him that they do not have the struts in stock. I had called shortly afterwards and was informed otherwise, and they confirmed that they did not receive any calls from an AutoZone online customer support representative and had even put the struts on the hold shelf for me. Two nearby locations had the two front Duralast brand struts in stock, and currently still do. The credit did not get released until today, attempted to use the 20% off coupon that was emailed to me by **, Samuel, but it had expired.

Called to try to receive a replacement 20% coupon that is not expired that I can utilize online for instore pick up. I was told to use the current online 20% promotion which is JUNESAVINGS, which can only be used for ship to home online orders only, which is a huge inconvenience to have to wait to receive the struts if the warehouse has them in stock, which I had confirmed with an AutoZone store associate from a nearby location that they had called and confirmed they do not have either brands in stock at the warehouse.

The representative that I had spoken to over the phone from AutoZone online customer service had informed me that they do have the Duralast brand struts in stock, without calling the warehouse to confirm, and since I was already inconvenienced and do not want to be inconvenienced any further I had asked if I could be emailed a coupon that is equivalent to what I would have saved utilizing what was equivalent to the 20% memorial coupon that was used during the transaction that was canceled or the 20% coupon that was emailed to me that I did not get a chance to utilize prior to its expiration which was PROJECTTIME.

The online customer service representative informed me that she can only send a max of a 25 dollar off coupon that I could utilize in the store. Mail me out a 15-dollar gift card which I would have to wait for and a 10-dollar coupon. In addition, when I had spoken to the in-store AutoZone representatives that had the Duralast brand front struts in stock they had said they can only apply a 10% off discount and had said unfortunately since it was an online purchase it would have to be rectified by calling online customer support. I am mortified by this experience and will take my business elsewhere. I have never had a bad experience with AutoZone before and I have not only worked for AutoZone, but I have been a loyal customer for years. I will go to Advance Auto Parts where they value me as a customer.

Reviewed May 5, 2022

Yesterday I gave AutoZone in Fredonia second chance. After a week ago talking to the regional director he assured me they take care of the problem. Well I walked in for some wiper blades yesterday. This time nobody behind the counter. There's four or five people stocking parts. I'm finally got to the counter with my purchase and I said hey somebody wait on me. He said, "Well nobody's available."

Reviewed April 30, 2022

I've been going to this location for 20 years, and when I had a bad experience to return the recycled oil to the back, which I know now, we cannot, so as I was going towards the back to stop at the end of the counter, the manager was so RUDE and yelling DO NOT GO TO THE BACK, and I was going to stop at the end of the counter anyway, I know the rules. That manager there was really rude with a customer buying and visiting your location for 20 years. Please be advised!!! He doesn't have to be so rude with your customers. 9806 Sw 8th St. Miami, FL 33174

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2022

As mentioned, our battery was dead at the end of an evening event with no one around except a friend with jumper cables. They jumped us and we made a mad dash to the Auto Zone near our home. It was almost closing time, but there was a great guy there, John H., who stayed about an hour after closing to take care of us! The battery was under warranty, and he was already assisting another customer with the same problem! He finished him and came immediately to us! What a great light in a very dark situation! Thank you, John H!

Reviewed April 11, 2022

This morning I had an unpleasant experience with the manager of AutoZone on 2955 Van Buren Bvd Space G1, Riverside, CA 92503. An experience I had never encountered before and which I did not think was possible. My husband called this store to ask about a power steering pump and asked the person with whom he was on the phone to put it on hold so that he would come later to pick it up. In an hour, I went to pick up that part. Still, it was not in the hold, the person he spoke to on the phone was not in the store, but while two employees were looking for the part, another employee entered the store and said that she was the one who spoke on the phone and simply said that " I never put it in the hold. " When I heard this, I asked just a simple question: Is it sense to call ahead and ask you to hold certain parts? One of them said they were very busy and did not have time.

My mistake was that I looked in the store where there were only two customers(including me), and I remarked, "The store doesn't seem too busy today." The manager (later I found out that she was the store manager) said that I offended her employees and she doesn't allow such a thing and that she won't sell me anything, that she has the right to refuse me. I asked her why she rejected me, just because I noticed that the employees didn't do their job correctly? Then she threatened me that she would call security. I asked again why she needed protection. I didn't make a scene, and I didn't shout at them. I didn't swear at them, and only I remarked that it didn't seem like a busy day.

She replied that she had a legal right to refuse me and would do so. Then I saw that she abused her function, and I said, well, my husband needs that pump, and I apologized to them and wanted to buy it, but in vain, she abused her position, saying that she had the right to refuse me and she doesn't wouldn't sell me anything. Then she abusively told me to leave the store, or she would call the police. I asked again why she needed the police? I didn't do anything wrong; I was just upset because her employees didn't do their job correctly, but I didn't yell at them; I wasn't abusive to shout something in the store. Of course, I left saying I would do a bad review and a complaint to BBB.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it; check the recording on the surveillance cameras, and you'll be convinced that my voice will barely be heard. I speak English with an accent, so I do not like to talk much and do not yell. She wanted to look like she was on the side of her employees, which wasn't bad if she wasn't abusing her position toward a customer. I consider her attitude was abusive because of my accent and even racist.

AutoZone Company Information