1.24/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AutoNation

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 25, 2017

228 AutoNation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Bought a used car from AutoNation, Clearwater, Fl. Told me they had done a 125 point inspection and fixed all the issues. Took the car home for my grandson. That is when I had it checked by a Chevy Master mechanic. Here the list. Brakes metal to metal, Belts need to be replaced, Ignition wires, ABS computer replacement, Fuel pump need replacement. The best screw up by the AutoNation mechanic, he tightened the lug nuts with an air gun so tightly, then stripped them. This required that they had to be cut off. Requiring the brake disk and hub to be replaced. Needless to say I called them about the problems. Their answer was I had to bring it back to Clearwater, a 100 mile 1 way trip for me. Then to add insult to injury they refused to do anything because I had exceeded the 150 mile limit by 57 miles.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I purchased a CPO 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ from Auto Nation Chevy of Clearwater, FL in April of 2017 with under 65k on the dash. Beautiful car. After having the car for less than a month it was having some issues with acceleration and a rough idle. I took it to the service department where I purchased it and they asked me if I could leave it with them for a day to figure out what was wrong with the car. I did but was not provided with a loaner due to their policy stating that I was supposed to have the car back same day. A mild inconvenience compared to what was to come. After half of the day I was contacted and told that the new car I purchased had a crack in the catalytic converter and a hole in the upper air intake hose!! How that got by them when I purchased the car is beyond me.

I picked the car up the next morning after it was "fixed" and the idle was better but still had poor acceleration. Let it be noted the is the 3.6 V6 High-pressure fuel delivery VVT engine. When working properly it was like a rocket. Two weeks went by and I was still very unhappy with the performance of the car so I scheduled a service appt and took it back in to get looked at and was told that the service department was inundated since it was a Holiday weekend, they wouldn't be able to get to it until Tuesday the next week. Understandable but still... this is a new car and is extremely frustrating that it is driving in an unsafe manner.

I dropped the car off Tuesday the next week and once again was reminded of the policy AutoNation has of not furnishing a loaner unless your car will be there longer than 24 or 48 hours. Because not having your car you are paying for 1-2 days isn't inconvenient at all. Wednesday I received a call from my service advisor that the car would need to be kept for a while because they are still booked up and haven't figured out what was causing the loss of power and they would now give me a loaner. I proceeded to pick up a loaner (of which, the gas tank was on E) and told I would be contacted when they found out what was wrong with the car.

After a day with the loaner I received a call from my service advisor stating they found nothing wrong with the car and that I would be responsible for a $128.00 Diag fee. Not a surprise being I signed stating I knew I'd be responsible if nothing was deemed to be wrong with the car. However, I was confident the service department would find out what was wrong. But since they plug these cars in nowadays and look for codes and no codes were being thrown, it was deemed there was "nothing" wrong with the car in AutoNation's eyes. I picked up my car and paid the $128.00 and left, very sad day for me. I talked my wife into getting this new car because we wouldn't have to worry about repairs and a car breaking down.

Four days later, the car broke down. I got it towed to the Dealership and had to get yet another ride home to my wife and had to tell her the car was back in the shop and we would be without a car again for at least a day leaving me with having to figure out again how to get my wife to work and kids to school the next day on less than 24 hour notice. Midday the next day I was contacted and told that my battery had an internal ground issue and caused my battery to short out. So I guess bought a CPO vehicle with an expired battery. Bought a new battery and the car was actually driving like a dream again. At least for the next few days. Fourth or fifth day after buying a new battery, the car started to underperform again.

After calling my service advisor 2 days straight and not getting a callback, I went into the Sales department to talk to the used cars sales manager and after being given the runaround for an hour was told that the used sales manager was not in and I could speak to the New car sales manager. I explained everything and he insisted that I drive my car around to the service department and they would get to the bottom of it and he was very sorry. I drove the car around and never saw the guy again. I received the same explanation from the service department I have been getting. Which was that there is nothing wrong with the car because there are no codes being thrown. I drove away with my tail between my legs. This is a perfect example of a company not standing behind their product. They not only sell, but certify as pre-owned and in top working order. Sick to my stomach.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Deceptive from the start at AutoNation Ford in Corpus Christi. I had scheduled an appointment for today 9/18/17 at 9 a.m. It was for a fuel line replacement that was making it hard to fill gas on my F-250. I had asked the woman when I called to make the appointment how long it would take. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the service would take 2 hours. So I took the morning off from work, showed up at 9, they took the truck to the back, and I sat down to wait. A few minutes later some guy calls my name and brings me to a side room. Says I need to have a diagnostic check done on my truck for $109.00. I told him, "No I don't, that it was never mentioned when I made the appointment." He then says they would not guarantee the work without me paying $109 for the test. He also then tells me it will take 4 to 5 hours to drop the tank, put on a new gas fill hose, and put the tank back up. I told him to give me my truck back.

I then asked for the corporate phone number, and not one of the 8 personnel in the service dept could give it to me. When I looked it up and did call 3 times to complain and ask for a callback, not one return call from the corporate office after leaving THREE messages on their phone. Rip off con artists from the top execs to the service department personnel. Went to Sames Ford and have a 2 hour appointment for Monday.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I just wanted to make people aware, that even though, they are a nationwide company, do not be fooled that they are trustworthy. I recently went to look for 2 vehicles, as mine and my wife's were totaled and one stopped running in Hurricane Harvey. My family and I went to the lot, they showed us a vehicle and we really liked it, then my daughter felt water on the floor board, so that prompted us to look in the trunk wheel well, there was at least 6 inches of water. The general manager called me, which was nice and said it was from pressure washing, but 6 inches of water? He then proceed to say he wanted to help and offered the same car at a lower price, I tried to let him know that we didn't want a car with water in it, especially after the flooding here and I said we want to buy two cars from you guys and are still willing, he just kept putting us off. Very upset that we were offered a wet car and spent most the day there and there was really no concern.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

On July 4th, I purchased a 2017 4Runner Limited from AutoNation. Now I will spare you all the boring and completely ridiculous details of why AutoNation is complete garbage and I'll never do business with them again. Told and shown that I was purchasing a "Toyota Glass" Package. This we were informed was to ensure that only Toyota Glass would be installed or repaired limitlessly over 8 years. Now, having not purchased a new vehicle in over 12 years, I’d never heard of anything like this. Well, upon requesting this service, I was told that this feature (which actually does exist) was never discussed with me. So no they can't fix my glass. How in the heck would I even know about this if it wasn't discussed? Nonsense.

I took the vehicle in to have a minor scratch repaired as AutoNation informed me that they would take care of the minor blemish no charge, just stop on by next time I'm in Denver. I show up and they refuse to even look at the scratch. (Spencer my sales idiot at AutoNation Arapahoe) you young man should find another career. A chimp has better customer service skills than you. While the vehicle was having an oil change completed, I inquired about a complimentary wash and vacuum and was told no. “Yes, that requires too much time and we don't have time for that today”, is exactly what I was told. Lovely.

My temporary registration wasn't submitted to the local DMV until 1 day before my plates expired. This caused me to have to stand in line for 2.5 hours to get a new temp tag while they waited for registration to arrive from AutoNation. I think we can all agree, one visit every 5 years to the DMV is painful enough, let alone having to do it multiple times due to the ignorance of the dealer. (Finance moron Tilo, thank you very much for your incompetence.) Spencer, (the worthless sales human) noted that I would receive a key chain and cargo screen of which I never received and was told they never promised. This just never ends. I was promised a new keychain for my $57k purchase and you guessed it. That too was never delivered.

Saving the best for last. I spent a total of 6 hours with my sales idiot and his finance moron. Following my exit, and a month after, I continuously received phone calls from my sales idiot trying to sell me another vehicle. 3 separate times I addressed and informed him that he already sold me a vehicle and to please remove me from his list. Unbelievable. Couldn't even remember a deal he closed days before. While I only purchase a new vehicle every 10 years or so, I assure you, AutoNation couldn't buy my business again for anything in the world. I would highly advise against working with AutoNation and their shady and unethical business practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bought a used Jeep from AutoNation of Ft Myers, Fl. Told the Jeep was checked from top to bottom. 2-1/2 months later had to replaced the whole brakes on the Jeep. Told by Tire Choice that these brakes were so bad. They told me that they were never checked by AutoNation because if they were they would have fixed them. They are such liars. NEVER DO BUSINESS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased a 2016 VW Beetle Dune from AutoNation VW in Columbus, Georgia. I also purchased an extended warranty and maintenance package of over $3,200.00 which should have left me worry free. Wrong... I went for my first oil change and Volkswagen had no record of my VW Care Plan. They had no record of my extended warranty. They had no record of my theft insurance which I don't remember purchasing or discussing but it was on my purchase agreement. From the time of the oil change in February 2017, I have called and called with no answers and no call backs. I finally got fed up and after many attempts was able to get a representative from Volkswagen customer care to assist me beginning in June. He also had trouble getting them to help me and we finally, at the end of July, got them to send the paperwork to cancel the false services that they had sold me.

They still wouldn't refund the amount but said they would apply the amount to my loan principal. Two months later and they still have not applied the amount. They say that the theft insurance is nonrefundable but the company that carries the insurance for them has no documents showing my insurance. The VW rep can't do anything about the theft insurance. Do not buy from VW AutoNation in Columbus, Georgia. Jennifer ** will sell you something that you will never get and she nor the general manager will ever return your calls. This company will RIP you OFF.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

BUYER BEWARE!!! The car I Purchased has a clean Carfax but, get this, the interior door molding was painted with a paint brush. Of course I didn't notice it until the next day after I purchased it. Cannot believe an organization of this size would stoop this low as not to disclose this little detail. The manager will not contact me, the salesman is young/new, I don't blame him. I feel they should replace the panel properly. The salesman said the manager cannot do anything.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Earlier this year we bought a car from Autonation Spring preown department. They advertise that they do a 125 point inspection on their vehicles. The car had just under 20k miles. A few months later my son said there is a loud flapping noise sometimes when he is driving. Since he is in school in a different town, we waited for school to be out. When we made an appointment for 10:00, we were told the car would be ready at 3:00. Our service advisor, Colby, never called so we did and said she will check on it. 4:00 passed and no word so we went up there. Almost an hour later, we were told 2 technicians looked at the car and found nothing. Before my son went back to school I took a look at the spot and noticed a rubber piece loose and pins missing.

Told my son to take it to the Dodge dealer in his town. What they found was not only the part I found but the control bar was bent and that was a serious safety issue and needed to be repaired. SO MUCH FOR AUTONATION'S 125 POINT INSPECTION. The repair guy said there was no way a technician could have missed this. After I paid the bill I asked Autonation who I needed to bring the bill to for reimbursement. Was emailed by Calvin ** and told to email the invoice for consideration. Now all they want to do is give me an oil change and rotation. Read other reviews and they seem to not know how to tighten oil filters so why would I do that. BE AWARE OF THIS DEALER.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Peoria Chevrolet AutoNation - I bought an older low mileage vehicle. Out of respect to my friends who sell cars I was sure not to treat the salesman with respect. The car had an obvious problem. I left a deposit and they told me they were going to fix it the next day. I went back and it was not fixed. The dealership's general manager tried to intimidate me which when I walked away I asked the salesman if I was correct in what I was experiencing and he quietly confirmed it. The boys who the salesman run to in the tower were out & out liars. These guys will say whatever they have to, to sell a vehicle. I will be researching my options of recourse.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My vehicle became inoperable due to an engine cooling system error which put the vehicle into "limp mode" and was not safe to drive on public roads. Being that my vehicle was stranded in a parking lot less than a mile from Ford AutoNation Scottsdale I called them seeking some guidance. I explained the situation to a gentleman in the service department and he advised I contact Ford roadside services to have the vehicle towed in since there was an open recall posted on March 27th, for the coolant level sensor (2013 Ford Fusion). I called the number he provided me and the woman took my information and a tow truck promptly arrived and I followed him to the dealership in another vehicle.

When I first arrived I was barely able to talk to anyone in the service department (understandably this was a Saturday and they were busy). Once I was able to speak with a gentleman and inquired where I should have the towed vehicle dropped off he responded that I can't just show up with a tow truck, I informed him that I had already called the dealership AND went through Ford's roadside service. He told the tow driver to drop it off in the back and then grabbed an envelope (the kind you use when no one is working in the service department) for me to fill out and asked what the issue was. I told him the vehicle was inoperable and I was told there was a recall for the cooling system. His reply was simply, "We won't have a chance to look at it until Monday" (again it was a busy Saturday but I could have done without the attitude).

I wrote my information on the envelope and in the field marked requested services I wrote "Manufacturer recall on engine cooling system". Surprisingly enough I received a voice mail later that day telling me they did not have the available parts for the recall issue (mind you, Ford themselves stated there is a risk of fire and engine damage from this issue and yes, the recall is marked as incomplete because a remedy is not yet available) but that they found my ETC sensor was bad and not part of the recall so it would be roughly $500 to repair. I called the dealership back and informed him that I only wanted the recall work done and that since they were unable to do so I would send another tow truck to pick the vehicle up to have the work done at my original dealer since it was still under warranty and it wasn't a recall issue (even though more than likely a direct result from the recall issue).

I asked him what they needed from me before I send the truck out and he said: "Well, there is a balance due of $130 that needs to be paid before we can release the vehicle". Dumbfounded, I asked him why I was being charged when I gave them in writing that I only wanted the recall serviced, he couldn't give me a straight answer. I finally get to the dealership and settle things with the cashier (the 2nd tow truck is there and waiting) and when I get the paperwork the $130 was classified under labor! As I read on, the description was that they ran an EEC quick check and found over temp codes. So, I was charged $130 to have a voltmeter hooked up to my car, something that probably took less than 10 minutes, which was not the service I had asked to be done to my vehicle. Needless to say, this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth with AutoNation.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I went into AutoNation Audi in Peoria AZ. on 7-27-17 looking for a used Audi Q5 for my son, we walked through lot and found two, the 2014 was what we liked. Test drove with salesman twice. Went inside talked little told him I would be paying cash. He brought back a written estimate with tax, title and license. To my surprise the "Autonation no-haggle price" price went up $2,240.00. I talked to Mathew the manager and he said it's not the price on window with no explanation, another salesperson told me they have outsource printing and they got it wrong. I'll be buying elsewhere.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I bought a 2008 Toyota Camry from "Auto Nation" and the salesman assured he was being honest and the sales were legitimate on the car. He said it was a good running car and trust him on this car. After a year of driving the car and keeping up with the maintenance and car payments, the car started having electrical problems, and it started burning a lot of fuel. After a few months went by the engine caught a fire while my son was driving it and just eventually it blew the whole engine. When it went to the shop I was told by a certified mechanic that the car had been in a couple of accidents, the battery had exposed under the hood before I even purchased it and they had no business selling me this car.I contacted the company several times and they only give me the run around. I have spent several thousands on rental cars and family has been highly inconvenienced due to this dishonesty of this company

Original review: July 9, 2017

False advertising, buyers beware. After driving 115 miles, we spent over 3 hours at BMW of the Woodlands Tx and paid cash for the car. On the way out with the newly purchased car keys in hand, we asked Jared the sales rep to show us how to work the navigation systems. He tried unsuccessfully to get it to work, we all went back into the office only to find out from his manager the car does not have navigation system as advertise on their website. They did not accept responsibility. The online descriptions for the car remains the same without any attempts to update/correct the false advertising.

Original review: July 6, 2017

After contacting 3 different AutoNation locations after the hail storm which totaled my car, I was extremely dissatisfied with the lack of wanting to help. I understand that the prices posted, but to have a take it or leave it attitude and approach is very slimy used car salesman tactics. I called and let them know what I was looking for, what my budget was and also called with vehicles to review from what they had posted to help speed up the process. With all of the fees, the vehicles were slightly above my budget and therefore I could not afford them. Instead of offering me a similar type of vehicle of trying to work with me on the price ($800 difference), I was told that there was nothing that they could do.

Now I am receiving phone call after phone call at my job and endless emails about how the vehicle I was interested in is still sitting on their lot and now want to negotiate! Yeah right! I then receive multiple emails from the GM asking how my experience was and I responded that it was not good! I have not heard back from the GM, but he was kind enough to send me another email asking me how my experience was! I am glad that they are reading their emails and responding accordingly. Very disappointed. The good reviews must be from family members because they are terrible!

Original review: July 5, 2017

Purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima that was advertised as Nissan Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) at AutoNation Nissan 104 in Denver, CO. Discovered 8 months later that the vehicle had been in a major accident that was not disclosed. Contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs to complain after speaking with the dealership and was told that the car was not Certified according to their records. Nissan claims that we were "mislead" by AutoNation. Very disappointed that we did not receive the vehicle that we believed we were purchasing and have now been cheated out of the 7 year/100,000 mile limited warranty. Beware of AutoNation vehicle fraud!

Original review: July 4, 2017

Let me preface my complaint. I've owned 3 Honda vehicles since 1983. Have had very good experiences with all the Honda dealers previous to this. I searched the internet for Honda Accords that were within a certain price range my 17 year old son could afford. AutoNation showed one for the price of $3851.00, 206,000 miles, 2003 model. Took my son to look/buy it, 2.5 hr drive. James the attendant was very helpful and I have nothing but good to say about him. Then after we were done test driving it, he said there is a processing fee.

The fee was $699.00! to make a long story short, I totally missed the processing fee because it wasn't on my print-out page which shows the price very prominent but failed to see in "fine print" at the bottom under "Disclaimer" that they charged an extra $699.00. This in fine print in spite of their statement in larger print near the main priced which states falsely: "The price you see is the price you pay." It doesn't matter how "successful" and wealthy this company is; they are tarnishing Honda's reputation. They are not an honest company. The price you see IS NOT THE PRICE YOU PAY! It just happens to make them look $700.00 less on the internet search. I'm surprised Honda Corp allows a shady dealer to represent them.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I can say without a doubt that this dealership is right up there with the worst in my 40 years of buying and selling cars. By now I expect to be lied and scammed by the sales department. But not the service department. My primary complaint is with the Automation in Albany, GA. I was interested in a vehicle that was at another Automation in a nearby town. I had been watching and looking for a few months and had noticed that they seemed to switch used cars back and forth between their dealerships. So I went by and after several minutes someone came out to greet me. Told them exactly what I needed as far as specs, etc. knowing full well they didn't have one but Columbus did. Told they would get back with me. Never did.

This went on three times with three different salesmen. No returned calls. So I called and asked for a manager. Asked them could they get a car from Columbus brought here as I work six days a week. Told they don't do that, which I knew was a lie. So I called Columbus, asked what days do you swap cars around and he told me. So I asked could he send a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk to Albany. He said he could, but he would knock $1,500 off the price if I would come to Columbus. So we did and managed a trade, and they drug it out as other people have commented. But now the real fun begins, the Automation in Albany and its service department.

The car was a CPO, so at least I had Jeep behind me, or I thought, but that is another story. So while the car was still under factory warranty, I found a crack in a plastic piece on the driver's seat. Looked like a scratch until you got out, then it would open up and pinch you if weren't careful. Took it by, asked if they could order the part and then call me when it came in. No problems, thinking, well at least the service department was OK. Was I ever wrong?

As summer progressed, it began to squeak by the B-pillar on the driver’s side, and a loud groaning noise from the steering. First time that noise sounded I thought it needed power steering fluid. Looked but then realized, it's electric steering. But the noise was intermittent, wouldn't do it all the time. I am in the computer business so I understand how difficult it is to find an intermittent problem and how subjective noises are. I may hear something that you don't and vice versa. So I isolated the conditions that would guarantee the steering noise and asked for an appointment, and that I wanted the technician that was to work on my car to ride with me, so I could ensure that we both heard and understood the noise and how to make it happen. I use this for work and wanted as little downtime as possible.

When I arrived for my scheduled appointment and asked for the tech you would have thought I had three eyes with the look I was given. I explained again to the service writer what the problem was, so he disappears and comes back and has someone who I was told was a technician, so we go for a ride and he acts like he knows what the issue is. This is on a Tuesday and I am thinking great I should have it back by Friday. So I had also requested a loaner to use. It's still under factory warranty and I have the extended warranty so I should be provided a loaner. Told me they don't do loaners, AutoNation's policy. Another lie, but they could do a rental, but it may be late that afternoon, so I get a ride home.

No call back on the rental that day as promised. Called the next day and was told to call Enterprise myself. Told them no way, they are renting the car, not me. Asked about the status of my car and was told the tech didn't come in that day, so it would be tomorrow. Again no call back on the rental. To make a long story short, this went on until the middle of the next week. They finally got me a rental car on the same day I got my car back.

But the car was not fixed at all. Was told the noise I was hearing was gravel under my tires. Excuse me. Been driving for longer that they are old, so I think I know what gravel sounds and feels like. Then they came back and said the technician couldn't duplicate the noise. Then come to find out, the person who they said was a tech wasn't. He was their porter and was posing as a tech to placate me.

Found the new general manager. Made him ride with me, had the car make the noise, looked him dead square in the eyes, and told him, "Now, hear that. Think a car should be making that kind of noise, and it damn sure isn't gravel under my tires or my imagination." They kept my car for almost three months off and on and to this day, has not repaired a single thing. In fact after the last time, it came back with grease stains on the headliner and they never finished putting the inside of my car back together. Plus stole every quarter, dime and nickel that was in the coin holder. Left the pennies. So stay away and avoid yourself a ton of grief.

Original review: June 20, 2017

This afternoon, June 20, 2017 I met with used car sales manager, Derrick, to get approval for a loaner while my truck was being repaired. It is a Chevrolet & will have to go to a different dealer. I purchased the truck from Winter Park, but they are not equipped to work on the issues I am having with it. Derrick was not the least bit friendly, & in fact was rude & insulting. He asked if I had an extended warranty & when I said yes he turned to the salesman & asked if I did indeed have one. What, am I lying? Insulting & inappropriate. That was as good as calling me a liar in front of the whole room. Everyone else that I have dealt with has been very professional. Derrick, however needs to take classes in diplomacy.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Long story short, attempted to purchase a vehicle on a Thursday. Went through the process of getting an appraisal on my trade (2015 Toyota Tundra, low miles) and was given a written offer for trade/purchase authorized by sales manager John ** on the spot. Agreed on the trade, said I would call in the morning after I had time to think it over. Called as soon as they opened next day. We agreed on the trade/purchase. Was asked to come in on my lunch to sign paperwork. Spoke to salesman Bernard ** throughout the morning, transferred insurance for new vehicle, authorized my preapproval through Chase Bank, and then drove to dealership to sign the paperwork.

Was told by Bernard that paperwork wasn't ready yet, and was asked to return after work to sign the final documents. Went back to work. Received an apology phone call from Jessy ** at AutoNation Express expressing her regret that the vehicle had been sold earlier that morning. She said they would do everything they could to find a comparable vehicle. (Simply impossible. I spent weeks finding the vehicle I intended to purchase, and in a matter of hours, the car disappeared, even after speaking to several employees at AutoNation about the impending trade/purchase.)

How could the dealership sell the vehicle after I had a written and signed offer for trade/purchase? Still waiting to hear from Jessy or Bernard about a replacement sale vehicle. I won't hold my breath. Never heard a word from Sales Manager (really?) John **. I don't expect to. If this is how they treat "potential" customers (and the possibility of incoming money), I shudder to think how you are treated after they already have a finalized contract with guaranteed money. The jury is still out, but the outcome isn't promising. They could redeem themselves in a big way, but I doubt it. Their system seems broken beyond repair after reading the multiple instances of their bait-and-switch tactics. Get it together AutoNation! More like Fraudsters-R-Us...

Original review: June 16, 2017

We contacted and tried to purchase a 2011 Honda Odyssey from AutoNation. It took 2 weeks just to get a salesman to actually return our call. We sent a cashier check to AutoNation and they were to have the paperwork sent to Fort Payne Alabama. They never did nor did they make contact with the Fort Payne Alabama office. We called and tried to get paperwork they claimed they were waiting on check to clear. This check was a certified check from the Alabama Credit Union. What's with this. Well let me tell you my wife was contacted and they told her they might resale the van.

Well guess what after 5 days and no paperwork we requested the return of our check. Lo and behold they overnighted the check, which meant they had no intention of cashing and it certainly had not been run thru the bank. And by the way, the van had been shipped to a dealership in Georgia and the price was now $3,000 more than we had written check for. Well my husband contacted the main office and claimed to try to straighten out. Meanwhile, the van is now on 3 websites and they claim it is sold. WHAT DO YOU THINK? AFTER THIS WOULD YOU LIKE TO DEAL WITH THESE FOLKS? Take it from an honest retired Christian, stay away from this business.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I attempted to finance/lease a new 2017 Mercedes Benz S63 AMG through Mercedes-Benz of Naperville, owned by AutoNation. The salesman, Brian **, seemed really friendly at first, but was not the most knowledgeable about the AMG series, had to get the new vehicle manager involved, Joseph **. I told them I wanted to lease or finance the vehicle in my company name along with my business partner's credit, but this seemed to be a problem, which I slowly found out, as I was the person that had to chase them down for updates. I'd call into the dealership asking for the salesman Brian, but was always told that he was on the phone or with a customer. The problem with today's technology is that all of the employees at AutoNation/MB of Naperville have caller ID, and just screen the calls, and send you to voicemail.

I then tested the salesman Brian, and called him from the parking lot, while he was standing next to the door chit chatting wit his fellow salesman, and watched this first hand, as he avoided my call. I then walked into the dealership, and when he saw me, he looked like he saw a ghost. He didn't know what to say, and when I asked him for an update, he then walked me over to the finance manager's office, Zachary **, who was on the phone for the next 15 minutes, but then spoke with me. I then asked him what the status was, because no one is updating me on anything, or telling me a thing. Zachary apologized, and said that they are just so busy, and he had been meaning to call me back, but my observation was that they are extremely understaffed.

Zachary then said that he had no luck thus far with an approval, but would hear something back from Bank of America on Monday, and he would then call me. Brian the salesman just stood there dumbfounded, never saying a word, like a clueless marionette. Needless to say, I never heard back from him again, with any updates, nor anyone for that matter, Brian or Zachary.

I'm very happy to say, I immediately proceeded to contact the dealership that my car was going to be transferred in from anyway, the largest Mercedes-Benz dealership in the country, Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach, CA, and financed my amazing 2017 S63 AMG through them, and I had it shipped to my home here in Naperville, IL. Strangely enough, it was financed through Bank of America, the same bank that Zachary was waiting to hear back from, how bizarre is that?

Even more bizarre, Brian the salesman, tries to say hello to me when I'm in for service on my wife's car, as if nothing ever happened, a complete twilight zone experience! I tried to call a complaint division of AutoNation, but a human never answers the phone, and I did leave 4 messages on various voice mails, but never get a return phone call. I guess AutoNation just didn't need to sell a $209,000.00 car?

Original review: June 7, 2017

Awful dishonest dealership. They lowball price on trade in after they made offer. The advertised vehicle I wanted was not there after I was told on the phone three times it was there. Waste of two hour drive. One hell of a scam. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Arrived Saturday to receive an oil change and for a tech to look at my A/C due to it being intermittent. Lex **, the adviser advised me there weren't any appointments available until Tuesday. I informed the adviser I would up there right after I get off of work; which was around 5. I work in Lewisville, TX and it takes me awhile to maneuver through traffic.

Once I arrived on Tuesday I sat in the service driveway for 10 minutes without any assistance. I decided to get out the vehicle and all of the advisers were in their office facing where I pulled up. I asked what I needed to do because I had an appointment at 5. The first adviser took some information off of my car and referred me to Lex **, which is the adviser from Saturday. We started doing all of the paperwork. When we got to the counter to get the loaner car (a SUV) I realized I didn't have my license. I drove back home to get it and return shortly.

Before leaving I expressed I needed a SUV because of my children and Lex understood. Once I returned I provided my insurance, CC and license and waited in the waiting area for approx. 20 mins. Once the loaner adviser called me back he advised me that it was the Ford Fusion. I expressed to him numerous of times that I have a SUV for a reason. I have kids and I do other things that require a bigger vehicle. He stated that is all they had and asked if I wanted it or not.

I took the vehicle, because my A/C needed repairs and the summer days are quickly approaching. Not once did either adviser apologize for the inconvenience. I would NEVER return to the dealership. Their customer service was the worse. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go. I had stuff in my truck and no one offered to assist in getting the car seat or any of the belongings out. In fact the loaner adviser stood there and watched as struggled with my hands full. I understand there is construction going on around the facility but the car was filthy. The inside was not vacuumed and the outside was dirty as well.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I got my original 2013 Honda Ody OEM battery replaced under the new car purchase warranty on a service visit with a new (100 Month Honda Limited Warranty sticker) battery. Less than a year later the battery dies and needed to be replaced. The same dealership (Auto Nation Honda of Sanford) said, they will not be able to replace or prorate it because it is no longer under the 36000 miles or 3 year warranty anymore. They will warrant it if it was a purchased battery in the time that it needed to be replaced.

My question to them, then what is the 100 Month Limited Warranty on the Honda battery is for? Why do I need to buy the battery from them in order to get the battery's manufacturer warranty? Shouldn't they stock batteries from vendors that comes with warranty to begin with? I felt they replaced a bad battery on my car and just tell me, "It is your problem, we did what we need to and if it goes bad when you drive off the lot", it is not their issue. They said, "Talk to Honda Motor Co," they are just a dealership that install the battery and the warranty issue have to take up with Honda Company. Honda dealer and manufacturer pushing the responsibilities on each other and not helping the consumers to resolve their issues. The battery manufacturer should not put the 100 Month Limited Warranty sticker on their batteries. It is misleading to the consumer. This will be our last Honda vehicle in the family for sure.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I told the guy doing my paperwork that I did not want GAP insurance. They hand you 30 papers to sign. When I got home I saw GAP insurance and tire insurance. Not cancelable once signed. AUTONATION IS SHADY. THEY SLAM YOU INTO CONTRACTS YOU DO NOT WANT.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Shady dealings with AutoNation - when trying to purchase a car from them for the past 3 weeks. When first called about the 2015 Camaro Convertible car, the price stated was a firm price of $26,511 and that was a no haggle price. The dealer had the car for about 4 weeks when I received an email from the sales rep. that they reduced the price to $25,848. I tried to call to confirm my purchase and I was told the car sold and was being shipped to Maryland. Then I received another email stating that they had again reduced the price to $25,314 from the same sales rep approximately 1 hour after the car had been shipped to Maryland.

Original review: May 11, 2017

We bought a 2016 Jeep Renegade. It is a year old and only has 4000 miles on it. This vehicle has been in the shop for well over 2 months. The bushings went bad, the paint had rust coming through, the weather stripping was messed up, the dash was messed up, the radio cuts out everywhere that still isn't fixed and was told basically they are not going to try anything else to fix it. Was promised compensation for all the time it was in the shop and then told there will be no compensation. This is a complete disaster and I have 3 more years on my lease. Don't waste your money or your time on this vehicle or dealership. Our vehicle is always parked in a garage, never been off-road and barely driven on a daily basis and still have all these problems. Imagine if we actually used it like a normal car.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I had purchased a 2008 Silverado used vehicle. The salesman Robert ** assured me the truck had undergone a safety inspection later to find out the next day I almost got in a car accident due to the vehicle not having the proper state law safety inspection they said it did. In fact I returned the truck the same morning I almost got an accident. I went and talked to the sales manager Brian. He then stated he did know if truck actually was inspected for safety before he sold it to me. I was in shock. This review will not go unnoticed. Next I will take my concerns to the BBB. They must know a dealership did not perform a proper safety inspection before releasing the car and almost put me in a bad situation. AutoNation - Mesa AZ, Superstition Springs.

Original review: April 25, 2017

When buying my car I was told that the extended warranty I purchased would cover all repairs needed on my vehicle. I have not even made my 3rd payment and I have been told the warranty will not cover the repairs needed and I will need to pay these people $2000 on repairs that I was told my warranty will cover. I have reached out to the GM and have NO response or even a courtesy call back. My recommendation RUN while you can. I will be reporting to BBB and my local news stations as this does fall under the Colorado Lemon Law.

AutoNation Company Information