1.45/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

255 AutoNation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Auto Nation in Katy, Tx...go anywhere else but here. They hook you with a promise of a great deal. I recently found on my contract they overcharged me by $680.00 over the price agreed to the vehicle. It was on a hidden line that you never would look at, hidden in by the interest total including the price of the car. Very tricky.

I bought my 2016 Ford Explorer Limited in November 2016 and I have taken it back 6 times! Every time I go back they tell me I am crazy and that when something happens I must bring it straight to the dealership when it is happening. The warnings usually clear off by the time I get to the dealership. I also have paint bubbling or my hood is rusting which is affecting the paint. I have made several appointments and they tell me they have to investigate to see if they are even responsible. I purchased extra coverage for $4,500 and they won't even let me use it. Side Note: This SUV is my second (side) vehicle. I only use it on the weekends and it is covered every day during the week. This place is a joke. Run, go to any other Ford dealership but this one. If you purchase a car from here you deserve the trouble you will run into.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Good morning everyone by AutoNation. My son's life was changed yesterday, thanks to you Skip, Charles and Mike. This was our 4th or 5th car we purchased with my wife at your place! Always friendly welcome at the door, right away taken care of us. And I’m not talking from the popcorn or coffee. That you can get everywhere. What you don’t get everywhere is…the smile, the knowledge, the attitude…and I can go on and on why WE customers feel like HOME in your AutoNation!!! This people make the difference in every business in the world! I’m this year 40!!! Years in customer service! Thank you SKIP, CHARLES, and ‘BIG’ MIKE.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 8, 2018

I was interested in a truck and saw that, through their website, I could reserve it for 72 hours. It was late on a Wednesday, and the only time that my wife and I could both view the vehicle was early Friday. Within 10 minutes of me providing my information, Cristian ** called to confirm I had requested the hold on the truck. I informed him that I had, and was very interested in the vehicle. I then asked various questions on its history. Mr ** then said he had limited access to the information on the car, since it was new on the lot, and the fact that I had placed a hold on the vehicle. I told him that I wasn't too concerned, as long as he had any additional information available when I came on Friday. He then proceeded to send me pics, confirmation emails, and additional information on the vehicle that very day.

However, early Thursday, I received a voicemail informing me that the car had been suddenly sold that morning, and that perhaps, I should have offered them money for the hold, sight unseen. What then is the purpose of your company's "free" offer online to hold vehicles for 72 hrs. I've done similar holds in other dealerships. Do you just offer the hold online to gather my personal information, all the while selling the vehicle with no concern. I have bought 2 vehicles from AutoNation dealerships in the past. On principle, I will never purchase a vehicle from them again. That Friday, I purchased a similar vehicle, from one of their competitors, while Mr. ** is still laughably sending emails about other trucks for sale. Thanks, but no thanks.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I own a Honda accord 2015 model purchased from AutoNation East Sahara, Las Vegas NV. I am facing an issue from the first day I purchased the car which has not been resolved till today. The passenger door makes a rattling noise which is so annoying I can't explain. I have complained about this since the first service at AutoNation but it hasn't been fixed. I have tried all level of escalation and complain with them but no luck. I spoke with service manager and the showroom manager as well but they didn't do nothing about it. If you look at my service record of past 3 years, you will see I have complained about the rattling noise in almost all the services. I shouldn't have purchased Honda from this place, this is the worst experience of my life. The noise is so irritating, I have to put music on every time just to keep my mind off it. Hope Honda can understand my frustration and help me with a resolution.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I bought a white Toyota Camry 2014.5 model in September of 2014. In February or March 2018 I complained to the dealer where I bought the car, AutoNation of Cerritos (CA) about the paint. The body shop looked at it, calling the process delaminating, and ultimately offered to repair it out of warranty for $1907, of which they would pay half and I would pay half because I have been a good customer. They said the paint is warrantied for only 36,000 miles, and my car had at that time more than 58,000 mile on it. This is the second Camry I have owned on which the paint failed. The first was a 2006 Camry I bought in 2009. It's desert sand colored paint failed in 2013, developing long lines that looked like scratches.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: March 21, 2018

I bought my 2018 Highlander from Auto Nation, Austin Tex Dec 30, 2017. The dealership kept me waiting for over two hours to see the financial manager. Consequently, I was tired and eager to close and signed up for extended protection. I have been trying to cancel these programs for 7 weeks and the dealership will not return my calls or answer my emails about cancellation status. I submitted a signed and dated cancellation form, Jan 31, 2018, cancelling Dent protection, Cosmetic wheel protection, and appearance protection.

Toyota Financial sent me a letter showing principal credit for Ding Shield (dent protection?). I can get no answers on the other two cancellations. Furthermore, I was charged $819 for a Siskin Appearance protection. Toyota and Siskin say this policy can't be cancelled because it is already installed on the car. This addition is nothing more than a coat of liquid like wax which will soon wash off. I have previously purchased 4 other Toyotas from this dealer and they used to give exceptional customer service, maybe they have changed ownership. Last time for these guys and I'll get my car serviced at a different location.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Last August we bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Unbeknownst to him with the vehicle had not even been through the service departments it should’ve had a 50 point inspection done before they put it on the lot. When we purchased the vehicle the door handle was broken and we were told that Jeep Chrysler no longer makes the door panel and they would have to go to a junkyard to get the dock door panel. Well they had the vehicle for two weeks and still no door panel. They should’ve fixed what was not checked on the vehicle prior to it being sold, when they had it in their service department. We purchased six oil changes with our package. We’re expected to sit 2 to 6 hours to wait for an oil change.

They gave us a 60 day tag instead of the 90 days so when we went to get our license plates we found out that the title has not arrived from Nevada. I contacted the then GM Steve (it’s now Erik/Eric). He ended up paying for our extension out of his pocket. So far the only good thing I have encountered with AutoNation Jeep Chrysler on Arapaho. My partner left for work on Friday and it came back immediately because the brakes were squishy and the dashboard have lit up like a Christmas tree. She called AutoNation Jeep Chrysler Arapahoe and spoke to their service manager Wes. He told her that she should be OK if she chose to drive the vehicle 26 miles from our house to AutoNation Jeep Chrysler Arapahoe with brakes that are squishy and dashboard saying ABS system problem.

Wes also said he only has two or three mechanics so he could not get to the vehicle for 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Nicole contacted AutoNation Jeep Chrysler on Broadway and arrange to have it towed there as they said they could look at it that day. Speaking with Bridget this morning. Even though we purchased the gold package some of the things that are supposed to be covered under the warranty may not be covered under the warranty. It is getting curiouser and curiouser. I have contacted every number I can think of to try and get this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I recently had a bad experience at AutoNation Ford in Katy Texas, and shared it on Facebook and Yelp. Upon my next time coming to this establishment, I was refused service. Keep in mind I spent 73,000.00 here on a brand new truck, and now they just won’t, will not, absolutely refuse to honor Ford's warranty.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have been trying to get a refund since September of 2017 for the extended warranty. The dealership says that I should be getting it and I am due it but all they can do is submit the paperwork. I am going to buy a new truck in 2018 but I am not from this dealership if this is the way they do business. I have bought over 5 cars from the dealership they bought out and always was taken care of this fraud.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018 I am writing today to complain of the poor service I received from Ford AutoNation in 7200 Broad St Brooksville, FL 34601. My wife had purchase an Acura MDX 07 01/21/18. The first day after she purchased the car I test it myself in the freeway and had balancing and alignment problems. The car tends to tilt to the left and had vibration starting at 65 miles getting worse with more speed. Also a weird noise when you turned the wheel left and right was really noticeable. We went to the dealer on 01/25/18 4 days after the car was sold and we received the poorest and unprofessional customer service starting from the salesman to the supervisors.

Of course they didn't want to be responsible for any of the issues found in the car. (I actually have recordings of how bad they treat me and my wife).

After 3 hours of backs and forwards they didn't give us any solutions just excuses. We decided to go to another AutoNation in Brandon (Nissan AutoNation in Brandon) were we just feel liked home, they give us the best treat. We came back on Monday 01/27/18 for a checkup, and guest what the car actually had balancing, alignment problems and the weird noise result that the car need it new control arms, tie rod and sway bar a total cost of 1500.00. The Nissan AutoNation contacted the other dealer and of course once again they didn't want to take responsibility. I really want to make any person that by any chance ends up in this unprofessional dealer. Please Be aware of what they are selling you and if possible check every single detail of the car that you are purchasing, check every paper that you sign, (They ARE LIARS) and my opinion run away from them. THEY DON’T REPRESENT AUTONATION AT ALL!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Terrible customer service. Bought a use 2007 Maxim Nissan July 26, 2017. Found out when I drove the car home the brake was bad. Now 5 month later it got a oil leak and all type of things wrong. How did this vehicle pass inspection or did it get one? Now I find out the Vehicle Protection Plan that I paid $2000 for don’t hardly cover anything. I would recommend to anybody avoid this dealership AutoNation Ford 12237 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034 at all cost.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought my first car from AutoNation Ford in Littleton, Colorado and it was a 2008 Nissan Sentra. They claimed to have done a 125 point inspection however less than 2 weeks of having the car and it breaks down and has to be towed to the service center. There they told me it had a major oil leak to the point where there were metal shards in the pan. I was young (18) and they refused to help me in any way and said the ONLY option I had was to get a new car and roll the loans together. So they got me a 2016 Ford Focus. I had that car for about 3 months and its transmission went out for no reason or fault of mine. Then they said, "Well you’re screwed," and combined it all into a third car and at this point I couldn’t afford it and I told them that but they insisted that was my only option.

They tried to put me in 3 different cars only to calm anger various time periods that I couldn’t afford it and they had to take it back and try something else. In hindsight I should have known better and researched more carefully but it was wrong to take advantage of my position in the first place. The third car they coerced me into ended up getting totaled and now I have been fighting with AutoNation Gap Insurance for 7 months with no end which is destroying my credit (My bank puts a hold on payments but still reports to credit). I will never buy AutoNation again. My new car was purchased through a different dealership and it has been a night and day experience.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Calif., Rocklin AutoNation Honda. I bought a 2018 Honda Pilot after looking at a couple of used Pilots. It was my choice. The initial salesman was nice, he said he wasn't paid on a commission, and it didn't matter what offer I would make, he'd take any offer to the sales manager. So that was fine. However, after we agreed on a price, they then send you to their Finance person in a back office. That is where the hard sales come from. Rather than just write up the loan terms, he tried to sell me on about a dozen add-on packages. He kept telling me things would go wrong with a new car after the factory warranty was up. When I kept saying No-thanks, he then tried to sell me an extended warranty.

I realized it wasn't a Honda extended warranty, it was a AutoNation extended warranty. I was sick of his hard sales, I told him 'I told you from the beginning I wanted nothing extra. Stop this, or I'm leaving.' I did 'escape' without agreeing to anything extra. I live a couple hours away, and will take my new car to a local Honda Dealer, not AutoNation. I did get a color and model that wasn't available elsewhere, so I'm ok with my purchase... I just will never go back there for warranty work or service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Purchased my new Grand Cherokee - After putting such a great experience at AutoNation. AutoNation rewrote a contract. Stated I need to sign but tried to say the finance manager put the wrong amount of down payment on paperwork in order to get me there. But in this new contract it had taken off my 2 year warranty and raise the amount of finance of vehicle 11,000 dollars more. Not knowing I know Banking you can not remove the lender/lien holder and put your name as creditor and slip in an increase of 11,000.00. Unless you get me to agree you can buy vehicle back from lender and resale... Which would be super dirty.

Wow so sorry. They just lost a customer... Advice once you get a vehicle and sign it look over your paperwork thoroughly. Make copies and get notarized. I hated to put this here because I thought I met good people. But this was very snaky and if I didn't know my stuff they could have gotten over. And I meant snaky not sneaky. This was a snake move... So glad God protected me from the additional bites! All glory to God.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I would give this a zero star rating if it were an option. I would NEVER recommend anyone to do any business with a dealership that gets vehicles from AutoNation. When buying a used car, an additional fee is added to the cost of $800 which is AutoNation and they really could not give me an explanation as to what this fee was for. I viewed a car at Mercedes Benz of Sarasota. Emailed salesman that evening letting him know I wanted the car. Next morning was in process of signing papers to hold car when AutoNation rep calls and informs me that car has been pulled from another dealership. Bottomline they care nothing about customer service. And to top it off, I never even received a call from Mercedes dealership salesman afterward. So, will never grace their doorstep again either.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I am so grateful and thankful for such a blessed experience... From the time I got in contact with Christopher ** about my 2014 Grand Cherokee he kept in contact with me, he wasn't bothersome, he was concerned about my concerns... He never put another vehicle in place of the vehicle I picked out. Everyone at the AutoNation dealership was full of smiles and great attitudes... He found a lender that accepted me with a 2 year warranty, gap coverage, and I also get 4 free service at their location of oil changes.

I give all the Glory to God for leading me there... If you choose AutoNation as a prospect to find you a vehicle, trust me you have made the best choice... They are happy if they have made you happy. So don't miss out and Remember Faith without works is dead. You can do information and get revelation but you must do application in order to receive your new vehicle... Choose right. Choose AutoNation!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Initial contact on Tuesday, 01/09/2018. Spoke to AutoNation salesperson via phone and email, at a Santa Clara California Mini dealer. On 01/10/2018, I responded to her email and told her I was ready to purchase the car. She did not respond to my email. 24 hours later, I contacted the chat on their website and was told someone would call me right away. 2 hours later I received an email from the sales manager and in a one liner he told me the customer was responsible for shipping and didn't bother to answer any of my other questions. I already knew I was responsible for shipping. I responded back with "will anyone be answering my other questions?"

I received an email response that said "ok, I will get your price on shipping but I will have to get back to you tomorrow. We don't discount prices." And that was it! No "thank you" or "please", or "can I help you further." Basically it was just a note to let me know that my business is not wanted or appreciated. That's when I decided if they are this hard to pull information from or difficult to work with, why would I want to give them my money and wait for a car to be shipped to me knowing what kind of non- customer service I am getting now. NO WAY! I will be going to another dealer that has nothing to do with an Autonation dealership. If their goal is to turn a profit first and the comes last, then I want no part of that.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

5 days after the cash purchase of a used car, this organization is demanding more money and stating they will not legally transfer title to the vehicle to me despite a contract that reflects the balance due was paid in full. Use caution in all transactions with this organization.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Test drive a vehicle, "encouraged" by the salesman to keep it over the weekend, had not even secured financing. The car was for my 20 yr old son, within 10 hrs that Saturday a deer ran out into the side of it, I went to the dealership early Monday AM, and was basically told it was not their problem, had the GM and several others coming at me to get it financed that day, even though I had already told them I would rather finance through my bank. I explained to the GM that I did not know if my loan officer would even finance the car now, his words were "don't tell him about the wreck"... I explained to them that I was not financing anything with them that day or any day until the car was repaired. I then was told to let them know where the repairs were being done and when it was done, and that this was all my responsibility.

I have felt with towing, autonomy and the insurance (mine of course). Not once have they offered a hand as I had no clue how any of this works. 3 weeks and car still in the shop, now they're calling me. Doubting where the car is which Rick at Service King cleared that up. I have ask them to come down on the price a little to help me cover the deductible, rental and of course the 8k depreciation in the vehicle and the GM has refused to budge. I guessing if I give the car back he will not let any prospective buyers know about the 8k in damages. I'm trying to do the right thing, and the least they could do is lower the price a little so my bank will finance. So beware if you go to buy up there. They are not the most honest, and if this shaker blue Mustang is on their lot it just had 8k worth of damage repaired and I'm sure they won't mention it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Not one person has contacted me with the decision of my online credit application. The salesperson won't call me back or respond to my emails. All of my personal information went out to la la land and have no idea if their online credit app process is even legit. Salesperson is Jeff ** in Ohio (Westlake). Their online chat personnel is of no help either.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

This note is a long time in coming! I initially took my Impala in because of transmission issues & and a loud thump coming from the dash. At the time I brought it in, I was not sure how this would go due to several experiences with dealership service departments. So I hoped in one hand and cautious in another. In steps Stephen **. I was first greeted with eye contact and a friendly handshake. He addressed me with respect and concern for my needs and the needs of my vehicle. Took care of the Impala (my baby!) and assured me they will find out what is going on. I left with the highest level of confidence that my issue would be handled. Then I looked on Yelp at the reviews and began to be concerned. Yelp had lambasted your service department with a barrage of terrible reviews. As I read them, I hoped once more, my situation would be different. IT WAS!!!

3 days after bringing it in I got a call from Mr. **. "Mr. **, that transmission needs to be replaced. It's looking like $4000 plus." I then let him know I had an extended warranty. He replied, "Oh that's right. I will call them. We will get them to take care of as much of that as we can!" Once again, I had peace that there was someone taking care of me that would get it done! To make a long story short, Warranty covered, car is driving like a dream and I was 110% satisfied with my service.

Stephen ** deserves more than a small amount of praise for this service I was given on an issue that would be hard to deal with in most situations. Stephen was an excellent communicator! The updates were timely and thorough! The interaction was more of a friend that wanted me to know something I cared about was getting taken care of and not to worry (THIS IS HUGE). The efficiency of how it was handled was shocking! So fast, So thorough, so friendly. Support is not an easy business (my career) but Stephen made me feel like he LOVED his job and lived to help people. I wanted to say thank you to YOU AutoNation Chevrolet for handling this situation with one of YOUR BEST service guys! Thank you Stephen! I will be back. Promise!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have a FJ Cruiser that is currently under warranty with the AutoNation extended warranty. The transfer case is leaking, the timing cover is leaking, and rear diff is leaking... On top of that the wheel bearing on the left side was the only repair approved! How can this be legal. I am talking with an attorney next week. They state that the gaskets, and seals are not covered and since it's leaking those repairs on not covered. The parts have not failed, and to add insult to injury now since we made an attempt at a claim if the parts are ran into the ground and need a total replacement they will not be covered because we neglected the problem versus repairing the seals. DON'T BUY FROM AUTONATION! The extended warranty they offer is garbage. Oh and the companies act like a monopoly so their service personnel is trained to only fix the bare minimum. If you take it to another Toyota dealership they just find a way to deny the claim.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Re: Auto Nation Chevrolet Laurel, Md. I bought a 2015 GMC Terrain SLE 90 days ago. Since then I've been into the service department five times for faulty brakes, noise in the steering wheel & dashboard and tire repair. They're telling me they can't fix the noise in the steering wheel, so I requested another Blk 2015 GMC Terrain SLE with a sunroof just like the one I have now. I've been trying to reach corporate for a month now and been in touch with the Regional Manager (Chris - **) who has been stalling not trying give me another truck. This is the car I bought from them, The first one was a 2008 Buick Lucerne. I had that for 18 months and went to the service 15 times. Please Help! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

1.5 hours to drop off car, prearranged to have rental car. Service guy Michael ** that arranged it with went to lunch, nobody else even acknowledging I'm standing there. Asked for Service Manager Scott, he is out today and is being promoted to GM and Assistant SM is in training. M. ** back from lunch and tells me how lucky I am. They usually don't pre arrange for rental before diagnostic and started to argue that I was to be there before noon.

I had to go get former GM to complete process. I get the rental and it is filthy, M ** said it was full and it wasnt. I took a pic of it. The last 5 times I have been at this dealership they make you wait up to 3 hours for oil change, forget to put the plug back in so it leaks, get grease in the interiors floor seat and headliner. Never again will I ever buy the service maintenance. Contract with AutoNation Arrowhead!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Worst dealership in South Florida! They don't know how to communicate or take care of their customers. I recently purchased a $70,000 GLE Coupe from them, had some simple questions later on about the extra coverages I bought from Michelle their finance person and No One got back to me! Only the salesperson did and texted me I quote "I gave her your name and number, but I cannot force her to call". Really??? Today I asked the salesperson who was her boss and I get a text back from his cell number I quote " I am her boss, my name is Mr. **". I assumed that it must her boss so expressed my frustration with their finance person Michelle not getting back to me on simple questions for a while now and guess what... NO RESPONSE.

I will use my time and connections to expose this experience and the unprofessional conduct I got from this dealership. I also contacted the AutoNation Corporate office today and no one has contacted me back yet, I hope they do. I will contact Mercedes corporation as well since I've been nothing but a loyal client to them. I love my car and Mercedes overall but it's unfortunate that a dealership like "Mercedes of Fort Lauderdale" can ruin it in such manner. Day 4 and still no one made the effort to contact me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Went to buy a car. Payment would be 450 per month. I can't afford that. They say, "No worries. After the coupon book arrives, call your lender and they will bust up your warranty into biweekly payments and that will lower it to 402 per month. This didn't sound right, so I asked the general manager. He said the guy was wrong, but new. He apologized. I said I couldn't buy the car then, and took it back the NEXT morning.

I pick up my trade in (Prius) and they had changed the oil, wiper blades, scraped OFF MY INSPECTION sticker, removed my weather tech floor mats and prepared it for resale. Oookay, where are my mats? What about my sticker? I got the mats, and a "sorry" about the sticker. I left. Two weeks later (today), they tried to cash my ripped up check for the $2,300 downpayment!!! Yep, overdraft fee now. So, lied to (misinformed), exercised my right to return the car only to find my car had no plate/inspection sticker, then got an overdraft fee two weeks later. Oh, by the way... they are STILL running my credit bureau through anybody that will listen to them. I don't know how to stop all of this! Stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017 I ordered a new Audi Q7 from the Audi of Bellevue with the hopes that it's towing capacity was as advertised; 770 lbs tongue weight and 7700 lbs towing capacity.

I waited about 6 months for the car to finally arrive. Once we got it, we went to buy our trailer. After some back and forth with the trailer dealer about weight distribution and a lot of online research, we figured out that we couldn't use the weight distribution hitch that was recommended. I confirmed with the dealership that I got my Q7 from and they told me "hook up the trailer, do your safety checks and go". Okay, so it's that easy! We went to pick up the trailer, which had a dry weight of 4380 lbs and a tongue weight of 730 (there are some reasons for the high tongue weight).

As the technician was lowering the trailer onto my hitch, my car back end just kept going down. When the weight was on, the car was almost undrivable. I talked to the dealer and he said that if we didn't want to do the trailer sale, we could cancel it (he was that concerned). We wanted the trailer, so we drove it home (and made it safely), but this was not recommended for safety reasons. Now we have a 67k dollar vehicle, and still had to buy a truck to tow the trailer. This is horrible false advertising. I contacted the dealership and they basically fluffed me off like I hadn't bought a 67k vehicle from them. I still have not heard back as to whether or not they would be able to help with this problem!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Bought a used car from AutoNation, Clearwater, Fl. Told me they had done a 125 point inspection and fixed all the issues. Took the car home for my grandson. That is when I had it checked by a Chevy Master mechanic. Here the list. Brakes metal to metal, Belts need to be replaced, Ignition wires, ABS computer replacement, Fuel pump need replacement. The best screw up by the AutoNation mechanic, he tightened the lug nuts with an air gun so tightly, then stripped them. This required that they had to be cut off. Requiring the brake disk and hub to be replaced. Needless to say I called them about the problems. Their answer was I had to bring it back to Clearwater, a 100 mile 1 way trip for me. Then to add insult to injury they refused to do anything because I had exceeded the 150 mile limit by 57 miles.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I purchased a CPO 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ from Auto Nation Chevy of Clearwater, FL in April of 2017 with under 65k on the dash. Beautiful car. After having the car for less than a month it was having some issues with acceleration and a rough idle. I took it to the service department where I purchased it and they asked me if I could leave it with them for a day to figure out what was wrong with the car. I did but was not provided with a loaner due to their policy stating that I was supposed to have the car back same day. A mild inconvenience compared to what was to come. After half of the day I was contacted and told that the new car I purchased had a crack in the catalytic converter and a hole in the upper air intake hose!! How that got by them when I purchased the car is beyond me.

I picked the car up the next morning after it was "fixed" and the idle was better but still had poor acceleration. Let it be noted the is the 3.6 V6 High-pressure fuel delivery VVT engine. When working properly it was like a rocket. Two weeks went by and I was still very unhappy with the performance of the car so I scheduled a service appt and took it back in to get looked at and was told that the service department was inundated since it was a Holiday weekend, they wouldn't be able to get to it until Tuesday the next week. Understandable but still... this is a new car and is extremely frustrating that it is driving in an unsafe manner.

I dropped the car off Tuesday the next week and once again was reminded of the policy AutoNation has of not furnishing a loaner unless your car will be there longer than 24 or 48 hours. Because not having your car you are paying for 1-2 days isn't inconvenient at all. Wednesday I received a call from my service advisor that the car would need to be kept for a while because they are still booked up and haven't figured out what was causing the loss of power and they would now give me a loaner. I proceeded to pick up a loaner (of which, the gas tank was on E) and told I would be contacted when they found out what was wrong with the car.

After a day with the loaner I received a call from my service advisor stating they found nothing wrong with the car and that I would be responsible for a $128.00 Diag fee. Not a surprise being I signed stating I knew I'd be responsible if nothing was deemed to be wrong with the car. However, I was confident the service department would find out what was wrong. But since they plug these cars in nowadays and look for codes and no codes were being thrown, it was deemed there was "nothing" wrong with the car in AutoNation's eyes. I picked up my car and paid the $128.00 and left, very sad day for me. I talked my wife into getting this new car because we wouldn't have to worry about repairs and a car breaking down.

Four days later, the car broke down. I got it towed to the Dealership and had to get yet another ride home to my wife and had to tell her the car was back in the shop and we would be without a car again for at least a day leaving me with having to figure out again how to get my wife to work and kids to school the next day on less than 24 hour notice. Midday the next day I was contacted and told that my battery had an internal ground issue and caused my battery to short out. So I guess bought a CPO vehicle with an expired battery. Bought a new battery and the car was actually driving like a dream again. At least for the next few days. Fourth or fifth day after buying a new battery, the car started to underperform again.

After calling my service advisor 2 days straight and not getting a callback, I went into the Sales department to talk to the used cars sales manager and after being given the runaround for an hour was told that the used sales manager was not in and I could speak to the New car sales manager. I explained everything and he insisted that I drive my car around to the service department and they would get to the bottom of it and he was very sorry. I drove the car around and never saw the guy again. I received the same explanation from the service department I have been getting. Which was that there is nothing wrong with the car because there are no codes being thrown. I drove away with my tail between my legs. This is a perfect example of a company not standing behind their product. They not only sell, but certify as pre-owned and in top working order. Sick to my stomach.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Deceptive from the start at AutoNation Ford in Corpus Christi. I had scheduled an appointment for today 9/18/17 at 9 a.m. It was for a fuel line replacement that was making it hard to fill gas on my F-250. I had asked the woman when I called to make the appointment how long it would take. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the service would take 2 hours. So I took the morning off from work, showed up at 9, they took the truck to the back, and I sat down to wait. A few minutes later some guy calls my name and brings me to a side room. Says I need to have a diagnostic check done on my truck for $109.00. I told him, "No I don't, that it was never mentioned when I made the appointment." He then says they would not guarantee the work without me paying $109 for the test. He also then tells me it will take 4 to 5 hours to drop the tank, put on a new gas fill hose, and put the tank back up. I told him to give me my truck back.

I then asked for the corporate phone number, and not one of the 8 personnel in the service dept could give it to me. When I looked it up and did call 3 times to complain and ask for a callback, not one return call from the corporate office after leaving THREE messages on their phone. Rip off con artists from the top execs to the service department personnel. Went to Sames Ford and have a 2 hour appointment for Monday.

AutoNation Company Information