AutoNation

AutoNation

3.9/5 (649 ratings)

About AutoNation

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Purchased a certified preowned from AutoNation dealer in lone tree Colorado. After few days started to have brakes issue, they fixed the front brakes but refused to replace the rear. Spend 900$ to get the rotors and pads replaced. 2 weeks later seat stopped to work, took it to the dealership. The claim was denied whereas they gave in a small piece of paper stating that 90 days warranty and seat will be coved. The claim was denied.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

We purchased a Prepaid Maintenance Program after the Toyota Care expired on our Tundra. The contract provides for 3 services over a period of 2 years, unlimited miles. The language of the completed service states: "Multi-I multi-point inspection (MPI) included, battery test, visual brake inspection, visual tire inspection, battery test, visual brake inspection, visual tire inspection, Pennzoil platinum full synthetic oil and filter service 5 qt, Toyota maintenance contract - (3 visits) - oil change, tire rotation, and multipoint inspection ea ~|~toyota maintenance contract - (3 visits) - oil change, tire rotation, and multipoint inspection each visit. 3 year expiration date. ~|~, Toyota maintenance contract - (3 visits) - oil change, tire rotation, and multipoint inspection ea, tires - rotate, complimentary inspection, use precision part cabin filter."

On Wednesday, 9 Nov 22, we arrived at our appointment early and told the service rep that we'll be waiting on site. The rep performed his intake and moved my vehicle outside and placed it in line. I watched the technician pull my vehicle into the service bay at 2:33 pm. (48 minutes after my scheduled appointment time 1:45 pm). I watched the technicians change the oil, made the under-the-hood checks, and looked at the cabin filter. I did not observe them rotate the tires, but I was reassured by the Assistant Service manager that upon review of the bay video, the technician moved the tires from front to rear on each side. They do not perform a true tire rotation that includes balancing (Consumer Beware). My vehicle was removed from the bay about 45 minutes later at 3:20 pm.

This is my 2d Tundra and 6th vehicle we've purchased from this facility since 2005. We have always waited on-site and have enjoyed "in-progress" updates from the service representative during our service visits, these are no longer given. I looked for the service manager, Mr. ** several times, but kept missing him (he seemed to be in and out of meetings during the 3+ hours I was there). I will be searching for another dealership, probably in Colorado Springs, to perform my next full service and you can bet I'll be recording it for posterity.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I bought a Toyota Tundra in December 2021 and paid cash via my bank's money order. After receiving the plates and registration via the mail I noticed the registration was wrong. It stated that it had a lienholder on my truck listed as my bank. Since I paid cash I immediately called multiple times for a period of 3 months and was told by the finance manager Alex ** that the problem was being handled. I then tried to file a complaint with Toyota Motor corporation and they tried to reach out to the dealership basically telling me they can't do nothing on my behalf. It was up to the dealership and after 3 weeks the finance manager calls me and tells me they have submitted the paperwork to the DMV and that I should get my title in 3 weeks.

A month or two pass and I get a registration from the DMV stating the lienholder was now the dealership. I then called back for more months of the same lies and run around. Saying they were fixing the paperwork and sending it to the DMV and it will be taken care of. Almost two months ago fed up I go down in person and I speak to Jesus in finance to gives me his boss who he claims is an acting finance manager Leo ** who has the title of customer financial service manager. Who claims he's handling things directly and it shouldn't take no more than two weeks and he will email me and call me. No word again, no return calls. I've also filed a complaint with the better business bureau which they promptly ignored as well. I'm at my wit's end trying to get the title of my truck that I paid cash for almost a year ago.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

They checked out the car, gave me a price, lower than I expected but I eventually agreed to it. THEN they did the paperwork and found the title said 110K but the actual mile was 107K. Which means the car had less miles which should make it worth slightly more. Well I was not expecting them to give me a penny more and I was OK with that. BUT and it's a big BUT, they stated that because the actual mileage was less than the mileage on the title they are taking $1,000 of the price. Don't waste your time here, they are the poster children for Shady.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I went on the internet and gave a very accurate description of my 2018 Tahoe that I wanted to sell and was offered a fair price for truck. I drove 50 minutes and over the Throgs Neck Bridge to have information I gave confirmed as accurate at the New Rochelle Land Rover dealership. The dealer confirmed my description as accurate and they proceeded to disregard the offer that was made and low balled me by at 4000.00 dollars. I was shocked by the flagrant dishonesty of the entire experience and left the dealership and headed home only to have my phone ring 10 minutes later by the dealer's manager to start a negotiation which resulted in my blood pressure spiking. The entire experience was a sham from beginning to end. Do Not Do Business with these Characters!!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2022

The dealer ended up paying for the transmission replacement.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased a 2008 Corvette from the San Antonio dealership via the website on September 8th, 2022. The vehicle was delivered to my home in Wisconsin on September 12th. It has been driven less than 500 miles and the transmission was not right from the day of delivery. There is almost nothing about the behavior of the vehicle's transmission that is normal... hard shifts, gear slippage during acceleration, revving between gear changes. There is zero chance this issue was not known prior to sale. The vehicle pictures on the dealership website have the Auto Nation Certified sticker on the windshield, and I have the signed 90 day warranty that was completed and sent over with my purchase agreement and paperwork. It is completely filled out and was signed as requested by the dealership.

I took the vehicle to a mechanic and it has been determined that the transmission is bad on the vehicle and needs to be replaced. When the repair facility called the warranty company, they could not find the policy in their system and was instructed to call the dealership. When contacted, the manager stated the woman who was supposed to enter that information was terminated and no longer employed and that he would call back. A few minutes later he called and stated that Auto Nation does not do warranties for vehicles over 10 years or 175k miles and there is no coverage. There is absolutely no way I would purchase a vehicle without driving it if no warranty was included in the purchase.

I was sent a warranty contract with the vehicle information completed by the dealership - which I signed along with the purchasing documents of the transaction. Emails to the CEO and other executive level management have not been acknowledged, so I will be using all avenues available to hold the dealership accountable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

My Service Adviser Rafael ** at Mercedes-Benz of Miami, happens to have the most "Superb" Customer Service I've ever seen. Rafael has shown nothing but Honesty and Great Integrity as a Service advisor. Rafael should be Commended for his caring of Customers Vehicle Repairs and OH yes Rafael is gonna make sure that whatever Service you need he'll tell you ways you can continue your Maintenance even with financing through Auto Nation. I Thank him forever because I'm almost 4 yrs with my 2019 A220 and because of him my vehicle Sounds and Looks Good. Please help me to Congratulate Rafael ** for offering Superb Customer Service as he continue to be the face of Auto Nation Mercedes-Benz of Miami. This shall not go unnoticed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Keep in mind our purchase of a mini cooper and trade in of our Toyota Camry as far as money goes was not the issue. I believe in that regard we were dealt with fairly. HOWEVER--They took 70 days to pay off our trade causing us to continue making payments or damage our credit. Numerous calls to the Manager (Manny) and Autonation corp. were fruitless. In fact, Manny told us it wasn't their fault, so they were doing us a "favor" in investigating why it wasn't paid off??? Huh? Totally unprofessional company and dealership. I would avoid at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I purchased a vehicle from AutoNation Buick GMC on Sahara, in Las Vegas NV, after literal MONTHS of searching for the ‘right’ vehicle upgrade for my family. I found a 2018 Tahoe from AutoNation GMC Buick and after my husband test drove it we decided to purchase. The purchase process and our salesman was amazing. It took less than 3 hours and we were out, and at the time thrilled. This is when it all started going downhill. Less than 24 hours later there was a horrible clunking noise every time we accelerated, we called our salesman and he had us bring it the following Monday. This would be the 1st of FIVE times we had to take our vehicle in to be serviced. We were told the motor mounts were bad, the truck was in their shop for 5 days for this and they replaced them and we took our truck home.

In the 4 months since April (when we purchased our vehicle) we’ve put less than 3,000 miles on our truck but it has been in the shop 4 more times, each time for no less than 5 days. Each time we took it back it was for the same issue. The check engine light would flash, the truck would go into ‘limp mode’ which caused us to lose all power and in turn cause driveability issues. This could occur while going 20 MPH down a road or even down the freeway at 80 MPH, essentially leaving us at a near dead stop in the middle of whatever road/highway we were on. Clearly unsafe. We have had the truck in their shop for a total of 3 and a half weeks, they have never been able to figure out the actual problem with it, but have used my warranty to replace 2 parts, neither of which fixed the issue.

The last time we took our vehicle in we were basically told by John Wong in service, that there was nothing they could do for us because they ‘couldn’t duplicate the problem’, but they were unwilling to drive the truck in order for it to do so. He then told my husband that if it made him happy they would just continue to ‘throw parts at it, as long as our warranty company allowed it’.

Being totally frustrated and upset that we had to make yet another truck payment without having a safe, working vehicle, my husband took it to another GMC dealership. We had an answer and a fix to the issue within a day. A problem that AutoNation could have fixed had they made even a smidge of effort to actually take the time to listen to their customer, diagnose the problem, and allow their mechanics to do more than ‘Just throw parts at it’.

This morning 8/30/2022 my husband went back AGAIN in an effort to let them know the problem found a possibly get some sort of apology instead, when speaking to the Service Manager Mike he was told that ‘he didn’t know what he wanted from him’ and ‘we got at least 300 miles in between each time the light went on’ as if that was something we should feel lucky to have. He said would ‘throw us 2 free oil changes’ for all the past months of hassle. No apology, no explanation for the rude interactions we received from John, no explanation why we could never get a call back and we had to go to the dealership MANY times just to get an update on the status of repairs, just ‘a couple of oil changes’. WHY IN THE WORLD would I EVER take my vehicle back to them?

To be fully honest and completely fair, my husband did speak to the GM of the dealership, Nick, and he was very nice and apologetic, but again the only thing he had to offer was oil changes, except he included a loaner car from them while my oil change was being done. I refuse to have any work done by a service team that at this point I wouldn't trust to work on a Power Wheel.

This is second vehicle we have purchased from AutoNation and we would have continued to be customers had we been treated like people who had purchased a 50K vehicle, rather than treated like an annoyance and given the run around for months, even after knowing that I have small children and the vehicle wasn’t safe or reliable to drive. I hope that by submitting this review to AutoNation, General Motors Corporate and our Warranty company that it saves another customer time, frustration and money and gives them the motivation to go literally anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I recently purchased a 2019 Mercedes E53 AMG from this dealership. When my car was delivered from TX to FL, I noticed that the right rear-quarter panel was wrecked, and since the dealership never mentioned the car had been wrecked, I thought the damage happened during the transport. I called Mario (sales) to let him know about the damage, and he assured me that the damage must’ve been done during the transit, since the car had no such damage when it was at the dealership. I called the transportation company relative to the damage done, and was then provided pictures of the car during the pick up at Corpus Christi AutoNation.

With the dealership in the background, I saw the photos of the wrecked damage of the quarter-panel prior to the car being loaded on the truck. I have tried reaching out to Mario, the sales manager Speedy and the dealership, but I am being completely ignored. I am hoping someone finally reaches out to me so I can take this post down, but I’m not holding my breath considering how I’ve been ignored by everyone I’ve reached out to at this dealership.

AutoNation Company Information