Find a Car Dealerships partner

AutoNation

3.7/5 (238 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About AutoNation

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoNation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: June 28, 2021

I needed to sell my Cadillac CTS so I brought it in to have it appraised and ended up receiving an offer for it. The salesman (Leonard **) was very professional and made the entire process easy. It took about an hour or so to get everything done, and I walked out with a check in hand. The location I went to was the Autonation affiliated Jaguar Land Rover dealership in New Rochelle.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

It took longer than expected but I was able to get my shopping done. Very courteous. Mike ** was very kind. When I picked up my car I noticed a "tool" in my drink holder. I took it back in to them. I was called later stating it was a part for the new updated carrier thingy (I don't remember the professional term they used.) Mike offered to bring it to me since I couldn't find the time to go all the way back up there. That was super nice and above and beyond his services required. Thank you Mike. I was very happy with your service, you made the experience great.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

In 2016, I bought a 2013 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury from AutoNation dealership in Corpus Christi, Tx. One week later, I heard a knocking noise like coming from the trunk area. I took it in & when the mechanic comes to tell me it was a truck hitch rolling in the trunk. I left thinking it was fixed. As soon as I left the lot, I heard it again every time I went over a bump. Needless to say, I had it a year & started looking for another one. I found a 2017 XTS in Houston, over 200 miles away. I bought it & a few weeks later, the same noise again.

It still had warranty, so I took it to AutoNation in Corpus Christi, Tx. After being checked, the service advisor (Mr. **) told me that the car had been in an accident & wouldn’t fix it because warranty wouldn’t cover it. To take the car where I bought it. I took it to Houston (200 miles away) & the service advisor came back with my car in about 20 minutes & told me that it was 3 loose screws on the back bumper. The Houston dealership showed me the carfax that it had never been in an accident.

I drove 400 miles round trip for 3 loose screws & 20 minutes of work. How cruel is that? AutoNation in Corpus Christi, Tx, you have some mean, heartless people working there. The mechanic, heartless **, & Gen. Mgr. who never replied to my emails, or return my calls. I have bought 5 vehicles there, but I will never buy from them again. They are full of deception & caca. I guess if I don’t buy from you, you will not honor the warranty. You have a nice scam going on. Someone upstairs is watching y’all. It’s not nice to cheat people out of their hard earn money. So the cheaters at AutoNation, you know who you are. AMEN.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Auto Nation has been the fastest and easiest to work with. When I bought my car I was given a lifetime powertrain warranty. Now you can’t go wrong with that. I get fast and courteous service. They have a theater room to watch movies while you wait with fresh popcorn. They come and get you when your car is ready. They don’t announce your name expecting you to hear them. That’s refreshing. And every time you take your car in they give you a free car wash.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Found a Mercedes C250 Coupe in-line at Autonation Mercedes Benz of Orlando that I was interested in, entered my trade in VIN number and had an offer prior to going to the store to test drive the car. I had previously taken my Trade in to Carmax so I could have a “base” for my trade in and AutoNation offered me $2000 more than Carmax. Upfront pricing, excellent Customer service, quality car. Their website is not the best but it works OK. I definitely prefer Carmax’s website when it comes to filtering down for a specific car with specific wants/needs.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Salesman has set up two different appointments and has not been prepared for either of them. Service was supposed to happen Friday. Here we are Monday, and we are still waiting. Good deal, but the worse experience I have ever had purchasing a vehicle. He set up an appointment a that he didn't even know about. The excuse was it was auto-generated. I understand this, but look at your calendar!

Original review: July 19, 2021

The Autonation location I took my vehicle for service was in Jacksonville Florida on Philips highway. The customer service representative was rude and acted as though she was doing me a favor by handling my service order. Completely lacking in any manners. I wasn’t even thanked for my business. Will never do business at this place again.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Avoid at all cost! We took our Honda Fit to the Autonation Honda dealership for some safety recalls, a tune-up (sparkplugs, wires, distributor & replacing the valve cover gaskets), break-job and to fix the AC which had stopped blowing cold and had to be partially replaced. For these services they charged $3200, but we were willing to pay a little more knowing it would be done with official Honda parts by the Honda experts. WRONG! In the week since we have had the car back, the AC blows cool not cold, the engine is miss-firing on a cylinder, either from the sparkplugs not being gapped properly or from the tech allowing debris to get into the valves when he had the cover off, and one of the rotors is making a grinding noise from a botched break-job. Took it back to the shop and they refuse to warranty their work!! Not only that, but it turns out they didn’t use Honda parts but charged Honda rates.

In fact, one part was backordered so they had a tech clean & oil the old part “really well” and charged us the price for the new part!! Plus that part that the tech cleaned up, is squeaking. The shop wants us to pay for these repairs again if we want the issues they caused addressed. We could not be more sick. We spent double what we would have paid elsewhere and the car is in worse shape for it. From using discount parts, to having techs refurb parts while charging for new, and then refusing to correct the mistakes of their mechanics…. This place is an absolute disaster and 100% dishonest!!!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I have dealt with CarMax for over 15 years and decided to give Auto Nation a chance.... WRONG... Absolutely horrible experience. Sales person and finance seemed to be on 2 separate pages.... The vehicle needed brake pads which they would NOT change until after we signed paperwork... Showed up to sign paperwork after communicating with salesman and finance for 3 days.... Waited over an hour.... Paperwork still not provided.... Well we left with NO vehicle.... Back to carmax I go.

Original review: July 7, 2021

After reviewing the website I received a call from a salesman. I eventually went to the dealership to make a deal. I needed to get out of my old truck and trade down to save some money. The only truck they showed me that really had the features and power that I needed is a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi. I bought it, probably paid too much, and began driving it. Now, less than 30 days after the purchase the tire inflation system is not working properly, the radio comes on and off at random times, the brake light is on (I waited three days for the brakes to be replaced before I could buy it). And, I have found that the driver side wheel well is broken up and parts of it are missing, and the front bumper has been replaced with a generic bumper that doesn't fit properly.

I purchased the extended warranty, against my will, and now have been told that I cannot cancel it for one year. I paid $3,000 for a 24 mo/24,000 mile warranty that covers almost nothing. I have contacted Dirk in finance (a dishonest and pushy man) and LaVonna (sales person). Both have assured me there is nothing they can do. "You bought the truck with whatever flaws it might have". I will never do business with Auto Nation and suggest no one else does either. They are crooks and don't care about their customers or doing what is right. These are deceptive trade practices, at the least.

AutoNation Company Information