Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
AutoNation
3.50/5

AutoNation

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

AutoNation Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Everyone was nice enough, however I waited for quite a while for them to get my vehicle financed. I do not like the fact that they added all of their warranties and products onto the numbers they were giving me. Everywhere I have bought a vehicle gives you the price then asks if you want to add on extended warranty. Tire protection, oil changes etc. They just automatically put it in.

I have tried to call the finance manager Paul ** (however you spell his last name) at the Waco office and left messages. Not good about calling back, it's like once they make their sale they are done with you. Good ole greed takes over. The salesman Billy **, seemed nice but acted irritated when I bought the truck back because there was a chip on the windshield. I know this is their job they are in it to make money, but some people you can tell after they see what they are going to get out of the deal. They are not as nice to you once the deal is final. They even tried to sell me a cheaper vehicle because they couldn't make it work at first with their products added into the price. Probably won't go back here to do business.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Dishonest company with Joe and Rob. First we agreed to the car being shipped from NY to NM for the price of 4,500 delivered to my door. Once I paid for the vehicle I was promised the title to be shipped overnight which did not happen. When I asked them twice why it did not they did not respond except with a tracking number. They assured me the car was in great condition and no major issues. I purchased the car sight unseen BIG mistake. After I paid the 4,500 and got shipping arranged a few days later the delivery guy called me and said my car would be in the following day and to have the 1,000 cash for delivery. I was like what? So I called the dealer and talked to Rob and JW and all of a sudden they said they don't recall that conversation and they thought I was scamming them.

While I was on the phone with them they continued to say my name incorrectly which I has previously told them stop saying wrong. I started getting irritate and started swearing. They told me don't swear. They started accusing me of trying to scam them. All of a sudden they said the car was 3,999 and the 500 was dealer fees. When I first called them they said they do not charge dealers fees. I even have a email stating since they gave me the runaround they would give me a better deal. If the car was 3,999 and they were going to give me a better deal how did it be 4,500? No 4,500 was supposed to be shipped to my door. I repeated this several times and they came back with well this isn't Amazon.

I had a hard time getting them to call me back but finally got them to. Long story short they said they will see what they can do Monday and they will call me back. I got the car today 9/29 and what a POS. The car LITERALLY puked oil all under all of the other cars on the transporter. Not a little but a lot. This is with the car OFF on the transporter. The truck driver was not happy because he has to clean all that.

I took several pictures of the car on the transporter. The bumper they said that was fixed look like they spray painted it. The inside still has all the previous owners stuff in it. They did not even clean or wash the car or clean the inside. The check engine light is on. The TPMS is on, the heated and cooled seats don't work. There were 4 wine bottle openers in it. Socks gloves and a lot of other things. Some of the interior is melted, the alignment is off and in the truck there is a white crystal substance.

The engine ticks when I actually started it and let it idle for 1 minute and after that there was a quart of oil on the floor. There are 2 huge stash holes I assume for drugs that they tried to cover. This is a shady company. I hope they take the car back and pay the full amount plus the cost of shipping. This car is unsafe to drive and how they could even think this is ok is beyond me. They say they are a honest company but the minute I sent them the money that was it. I have over 40+ pictures and videos.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I got the price off the internet and also confirmed it over the phone. After the test drive, I was trying to buy the truck and they raised the price on me. They are dishonest and put a dollar over their customers. (((( BUYER BEWARE )))). They are not your friend and will cheat you if they can.. I will never go back to the used cars in Laurel MD location.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This is for the Jeep dealership location in North Richland Hills, TX. My car needs a tune-up. Took to Pep Boys for a free diagnostic as I have a prepaid maintenance agreement with them. Pep Boys gave me a print-out of the diagnostic and exactly what was needed to repair the vehicle. My auto simply needs a tune-up as two cylinders are misfiring. Then took to dealership for the work as I also have a prepaid service contract. They kept my vehicle for three days and then explained that they must run their own diagnostic for $165.

Called me back today to explain that they must "tear down" the engine in my vehicle to understand what is happening, but that the $515 they charge for that would be put towards the repairs. I told them that they are not authorized to do any such thing, to put my vehicle back together, and call me when it's ready to be picked up. Do NOT take your vehicle to AutoNation. It's a scam. My hidden camera under the hood will be the final proof once I download the recording of what was actually done to my vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My family and I went into AutoNation Tempe and everyone seemed so willing and helpful. We found a car we liked, did the paperwork, signed all the contracts, put the money down to drive off the lot with the car. We were told we were approved the payment amount per month and we were good to go. Almost a month later we receive a call from Keith in finance stating we needed to return the car because they couldn't get an approval. But if we got a Cosigner we could keep the car. They knew our situation before we got there. So basically they will lead you on and get your hopes up for nothing. What a waste of time. I will NEVER recommend autonation to anyone ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

AutoNation Collision Center, Tampa Fl 33614. I am so sorry to say, poor work, not happy. Paid almost $800 to put new front bumper on my LS460, but the day I got the vehicle I saw bumper was not installed all the way. I showed the crack between bumper and the body. They told me I have to pay to fix the crack. Whereas, I just paid almost $800 to put new bumper. Why I have to pay? It is their fault. They probably did a rush/sloppy job. I told them I am not happy with the work. They did not care. I did not want to create a scene. I left. While I was leaving manager and the Collision Estimator Lady heard me. The manager did not react/care. Response from the owner, is a universal answer. Don’t fall for that. It is the same response for everybody. People! Stay away. Go anywhere but this place.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Paid 5-year dent protection agreement. When needed, I took car to dealer to be fixed, they called Dent Protection company, got denied. Said they would get back to me. They did not. Then I called FOUR times to "file a claim", said they would get back "as soon as possible". They never called back. Bait and switch, beware.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Finance - Illegal activity from finance. I didn’t want extended 3rd party warranty. Russ made me sign two contracts in case I changed mind. After a few hours of research didn’t want and 14 days later it was in my loan without any authorization. It’s been a month and AutoNation still overcharged $5k stating in 6 weeks it will be rectified plus that I’m paying interest on. Will unfortunately make a legal case since no one will address there.

Car - Sales nice and bought car. However, despite AutoNation promise of “worry free” and “rigorous” inspection, that didn’t happen. After a few days the car's a/c never worked or vented rears. Was in service for a week. A/C addressed but vented rear worked for only a day. After driving less than 100 miles and taking on highway noise tire sounds from rear. Brought in again. They said bent back rims. So where is the rigorous inspection?? Irked on the car I wanted to buy another one almost 2x price and after being in service majority of time for lack of inspection they offered $4k less than what I bought for. Basically used car scammers dressed in a tuxedo. Legal will follow out of principle, not winning. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I am trying to cancel the extended service from them. I have filled up all the forms and did all the paperwork with the first week of my vehicle purchase but still no email back nor they pick up the call from finance department. I want to cancel the extended warranty and service from them but they are not helpful at all after the business is done with you. Don't not any extra service they offer at all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Got a 2007 Kia Optima for 3000. Broke down after 2000 miles. They wanted me to buy another car when they should have replaced the one sold to me.... Got a very bad deal and they did nothing. Not to add but the car was for getting my sick grandma to and from doctors. Now we have no car.

AutoNation Company Information