2. Automotive

AutoNation

AutoNation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

AutoNation Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

It was my first time at AutoNation and we all understand buying a car is a big decision. I did not anticipate enjoying the purchasing process, or were even dreading it, but as myself and husband was walking through the doors we met Ahmed ** a sale associate who say "what can I help you with today?" My response was "we're just looking" then Ahmed said No-pressure, and we didn't feel rushed, he listened to us, Ahmed made the process easy and Quick with clear communication. Final price was exactly as negotiated and with no last-minute surprises. Ahmed ** was Professional and polite salesperson and attentive to our needs. Mr. ** went above & beyond locating a specific vehicle, delivering vehicle to us, staying after hours to make our purchase an exceptional experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I just bought a new 2020 Durango SRT from Cindy Woods at Auto Nations Dodge in Mobile, AL. I have been buying new cars for over 55 yrs. and this was easiest purchase I have ever made. If you are looking for a new or used vehicle try Auto Nations Dodge in Mobile AL. Ask for Cindy **, you will not be disappointed.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I purchased or finance a car in AutoNation located in Des Plaines Illinois. They have a good and friendly consultant. Anthony ** is a good consultant. He did his best to us. Thank you Anthony **. From Carejohn

Original review: June 23, 2020

I made an offer on a new vehicle early March, we agreed on price and conditions, company took $2000 deposit. Dealership closed shortly after due to pandemic, when they reopened they refused to honor the original deal claiming the factory incentives were no longer available, they are asking for $4000 more. They just returned the deposit, I wasted time and money, will not deal with them again and do not recommend them.

Original review: June 20, 2020

So we went to AutoNation’s service center located in the Ashburn Virginia area on June 17th, 2020 trying to replace a 2 1/2 year old battery for 2016 Honda accord; mind you we’ve already had a defective battery when we purchased the brand new Honda accord in 2016. These people have no customer service training. The gentleman told that batteries on these cars need to be replaced every 2 ½ to 3 years... I was shocked when I heard this statistics. If buyers knew about this fact I am sure they’ll never buy a Honda.

Personally, I’ve never replaced a battery less then 4 years old on my own car. Anyway, they wanted to charge us $220 for a battery!!! I tried calling the service manager twice he never bothered to return my call. What an awesome service? Needless to say, I will never go & or purchase anything from that place and I’ll tell all my family & friends to stay away from that place. Not sure how they’re still in business… So, I went to Costco & bought a battery for $75 and replaced it myself. It took me 15 minutes!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: June 11, 2020

I have twice had less than pleasant results dealing with AutoNation dealerships. While the ads may quote a fair price for the vehicle, be aware you will be charged $799 Dealer Service Fee, Tag Agency Fee, Tag/Registration fees far in excess of actual fees. This will add about $1000 to price of vehicle. On 2 occasions I had a trade in figure based on accurate information submitted on my trade in, and on both occasions the appraiser has "found additional problems" which result in a lower trade in offer - in the most recent case a reduction of $1000 from the figure offered online.

The dealer response is always these are corporate policies that we can't change. I'm sure most people suck it up and pay more than planned. I just walked away. I was willing to pay the extra charges on the car I was purchasing because it was equipped as I wanted, but was not willing to take a $1000 reduction on their appraisal offer when I had been offered $500 more than their original offer by a different dealer the previous week. Just be aware the advertised price of the vehicle is nowhere close to what you will end up paying. The first question I ask now is, "Are you an AutoNation dealership?" If the answer is Yes, be very careful, and be willing to walk away.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I drove 2 hours after reserving a vehicle the day before. Got there, waited 1 hour only to find out the car was transferred and sold elsewhere 5 days before. The apology was insincere as there was no real option given. After reading additional reviews online, I think I dodged a bullet as they have a terrible reputation and bad cars! My suggestion if you are buying a high end car and not a beater; DO NOT BUY FROM AUTONATION!

Original review: May 23, 2020

AutoNation Chevrolet North refused full payment by debit card, even though bank authorized full amount. Forced to finance at high interest. After 2 days dealership refused to look at vehicle issues. Fake money-back guarantee. Fake limited warranty. Unethical finance manager.

Original review: April 28, 2020

AutoNation deliberately and calculatedly concealed an Engine gasket repair that costs us almost $8000 to repair. They advertise that they take the worry out of purchasing a used car, but they did the opposite. They did a great inspection, yet hid the results of it. When we had issues and requested an inspection report, we discovered that they had in fact discovered this prior to selling it, didn’t repair it, and then sold the vehicle to us without disclosing the damage.

Now that we have discovered what they have done, they are refusing to pay for the repairs, rewind the deal or buy back the vehicle. This is clearly not a warranty issue since this was an issue that existed before we purchased it, and it was concealed from us as the consumer. We never asked (up to this point) for compensation for the extreme hardship this has caused. They are falsely advertising the quality of their vehicles and they know it. We have the documentation to prove it. Rather than doing the right thing here, they are refusing to make it right. Do NOT use this AutoNation dealership or ANY AutoNation dealership, as their advertised policies and actual policies do not match. They are not worry free, they do not care about the customer or the car. They are extremely deceptive.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I bought a 2020 Outback plus four warranties after the salesman and finance manager ensured me “the warranties are refundable”. One of their selling points was their statement that the computers that Subaru puts in their cars should not be trusted. After coming to my senses and requesting refunds I was told that only two or the four warranties are refundable. Since the salesman and the finance manager do not deny these points, it is clear AutoNation condones the behavior of providing half-truths and denigrating the computers that Subaru uses in their cars.

AutoNation Company Information