Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

300 AutoNation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

Bought a new MB G63 from MB Sarasota, AC didn't work in the way home (obviously never checked), they picked up car next day but left the loaner locked with no key. Got car back a full week later dirty, half tank of gas, and the AC still not fixed correctly. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at MB headquarters in Atlanta that cares at all, they tell me to call the service mgr. I'm getting nowhere! Automation Sucks!

Original review: March 13, 2019

This company will not process a refund for my extended warranty. We had purchased a 2017 Beetle from them in 2017, but this year, we determined we needed a larger vehicle. We did not return to AutoNation to purchase, instead went to another Volkswagen dealer. Once AutoNation discovered we had gone to another dealer, they will not return calls, nor will they process our Extended Warranty we had purchased on the Beetle. Basically, they are "mad" we did not come back to AutoNation. I have contacted AutoNation 4 times, without success. A bad way to do business, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND anyone purchasing from AutoNation Volkswagen Las Vegas.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a brand new 2017 F250 from AutoNation Ford in Katy Tx. I opted to have the dealer handle the lift, wheels, tires and color matching of the bumpers mirror caps, grill and door handles. Let me tell you that was a $13,000 mistake. Within a few days the paint was literally falling off. Not to mention they installed the wrong wheels. When I took it back a 4 hour one way drive they put the right wheels on but scratched the ** out of one. They tried to use a touch up pen on the paint that was chipping and falling off. No real prep work was done.

I spent 73k on this truck and got basically screwed. Now at 18 months in my front end needs to be rebuilt because when they put the lift on they did not properly walling everything. I bought a 100k mile extended warranty from the dealership and they will not warranty their work. So now I'm going to be paying 1k out of pocket. I recommend never buying from any AutoNation. They robbed me of my hard earned money and have done zero to actually try and make it right.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have taken my car in several times for service. Not only did they not fix the problem but it also took them a month to schedule the appointment because I needed a rental car so I could go to work. My car is still not repaired. We have taken it in 3 times now because there is an issue with the stereo and backup camera. We have video to prove what it is doing because by the time they get it scheduled it won’t recreate the problem. We have sent them is footage to the service manager and he still has not addressed the issue. We have also taken it in because when the air conditioner is on it will fog up the front window. We also have pictures of this that we have sent. This is a concern because it happens while you are driving as well as parked. They keep my car for 2 weeks at times just to give it back and say they couldn’t find an issue. I want my car fixed properly or I will definitely consider filing a lemon law claim against it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I went to Auto Nation to possible purchase a car. I was getting these phones calls/emails to come in. When I finally came in to look at some vehicles. They did a switch on the vehicle I had intended to purchase. The sales agent did not seemed at all concern about helping me. When I asked him questions regarding the vehicle that was available, he said, "I could not see it because it needed a muffler and was currently in shop." I ask could he pull it up online, he stated he did not have a picture online. Frustrated, I kindly got up and said my kindly goodbye. I went to another dealership who in turn meet my needs, I got the vehicle I wanted, with a better price, financing was no problem, monthly payments far less than Auto Nation wanted. Please do your research on this company, not worth your time or hard earn money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

12/29/2018 purchased my new car at AutoNation Toyota Weston. I noticed my cigarette lighter sockets didn't work. I made an appointment at AutoNation in Pembroke Pines, FL (closer to home) 1/5/19 at 7 a.m. However, I arrived at 7, checked in, waited, only for Gary in the service dept to tell me he can't help me (in a very nasty tone), "You need to take it back to where you purchased it from." My response was, "Aren't you corporate?" He says, "Yes, but, I still can't help you." Needless to say, I made another appointment for 1/12/19 to the original purchase location, and had to take a 20 minute drive, only to wait 3 hours to have my fuse changed.

Also, I arrived at AutoNation Toyota Weston. Checked in with Yudi, explained why I was there, not only was it for the cigarette lighter socket, my mirrors don't adjust, and my tires were low, the notification came on to check tire pressure, and my right passenger wheel was shaking when I reach 60 MPH. She says they'll check the tires, ok. Again, after 3 hours my fuse is changed, but she tell me they put air in my tire, but I a tire balance, rotation, and/or an alignment, but it will cost me about $300.00 (angry face)!! They put air only in my tires. I just bought this car and can't seem to get it functioning to my standards. If I don't get a resolve I may chose to return the vehicle, as of 1/18/2019 I haven't made a payment.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Had taken my 2014 Chevy Malibu down there (N.R.H. Ft. Worth) for service. They couldn't find the problem but charge us 495.00. 150.00 of that was a diagnostic. Yet the car continued to run back. Took it back and they said that it would cost us 1800.00 to go inside the motor to adjust the timing chain. We refused and they charged us an additional 175.00 diagnostic fee before we could remove the car off the lot. So think before you take your vehicle there. 600.00 for nothing.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

My experience with AutoNation in Tempe Arizona was horrible. I purchased a car a month ago and when the car was shown to me there was No scratches and NO stains on the very light Tan seats. I have pictures of what was shown to me. When I picked up the car The seats had paper on them and I thought maybe because the seats were light and with people getting in and out they didn't want it to get dirty. I took the paper off because it's just myself using my car. As a couple weeks went by the permanent Stains started coming thru. In both front seats. Dark spots engraved in the seats. I contact the salespersons. He apologized to me and said if AutoNation doesn't do anything he would buy me some car seats. That was generous of him to say, but the point is I was given the choice to say if I wanted to purchase the car with the Stains.

I sent a email and video of the horrible Stains to the dealership and made calls but No one has gotten back to me. I am so disappointed in how I am being treated. Every time I open my car door to get in those horrible Stains are staring right at me. I want to cry knowing I Trusted them again to take Good Care of me but once they get that sale you are just a number. This is the second time I let AutoNation treat me terrible. The other time I purchased a car and added the Gap insurance on the car and the salesperson called me saying he needed me to bring the contract back in because he didn't put something on the contract. What he did was took the Gap insurance off the contract so the payments would be where I needed it to be.

How I found out 2 years into the contract my car was stolen and involved in a 5 car accident on the Freeway. The car was totalled and I called the Gap company to be told I had No Gap. That's when I knew what he did. I called AutoNation and they said they did get rid of him. Meanwhile I had to pay the balance of $5000 and a new Car note at the same time. That was such a struggle for me. It was a nightmare!! To believe that I went back my Family is Furious. I Cry every time I open my car door. You suppose to be happy when you get your car and I'm not!!! Be Careful purchasing a Car From AUTONation. They are Not Honest.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a 2014 Ford F-150 several months ago. Purchased the block of 10 oil changes. 1st oil change and tire rotation the tech left off a valve stem cap. I just went in for 2nd oil change and tire rotation and was informed that I needed new pads and rotors on all four wheels. I ask the service writer why the tech didn't inform me that the pads were worn at the 1st service appointment. He wouldn't answer me. I then take my truck to my mechanic and he informs me that I only need front brakes and rotors. The dealership is a den of thieves! I would have spent an additional $575 if I had let them do the brakes. This is criminal and it makes you wonder how many hundreds (if not thousands) of people are ripped off by these clowns every year.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Never go here, service is horrible, quoted amount is never correct. Price given by a person, doubled the following day. After confirming a price with the manager, Tony ** on the phone, drove there and then was told that was not the correct amount. Unprofessional. Don't buy or get service here. 0 stars.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

In August 2018, I went in to get my brakes checked. I was quickly told that I need pads and shoes replaced on my F150. Then I was told the brake lines needed to be bled. My first mistake not calling my husband for a consult. I thought okay it’s a dealer, they’ll do the right thing. Wrong. It's December and 701.00 less; I’m having the same problems with my brakes. I went to AutoNation yesterday. No remorse or regard for me as the customer. Ginger started asking questions about the brakes. I explained that they are squeaking and the brake goes down. Unconcerned she asks who did the work. I told her one of her technicians.

The conversation went straight to 185.00 for a diagnosis. I asked about warranty for their work. I paid 701.00 in August 2018. She went on about the diagnostic fee. I left and made an appointment at my husbands mechanic. Lesson learned I will not be back. Thanks Ginger and Beatrice (AutoNation) for opening my eyes to professional looking, soft spoken, people who take advantage of people who fail to do their due diligence. Will provide an update after my appointment today at another shop.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Worst Experience Ever!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Sales Manager (Paul) is a lowlife jerk, typical screw you over salesman. This dealership is a complete joke. Bought a brand new 2018 Enclave with 24 miles on it. Our sales person was great however the Sales Manager (Paul) is your typical seedy, low life salesman. A complete jerk!! After we bought the car we noticed a vibration coming from the wheels. We took the vehicle back and they took almost three weeks to fix the issue. The problem was that every tire had a severe dead spot because the dealership never moved the vehicle. It sat on the lot in the same spot for months on end resulting in flat spots on each tire. Their fault not mine.

Anyways I learned that the reason it took so long is because the dealership wanted enough time to pass so they could have it fixed under warranty so that they didn't have to flip the bill for their own error. Once again Seedy!! Instead they make me wait without any communication of what was really going on. After an extensive wait and not hearing anything on the status of the repair my wife and I went to the dealership. We spoke with Sales Manager Paul and he was nothing but rude. Laughed about the issue and blamed the service department. He verbally insulted my wife directly in front of other customers. What's really funny about the whole ordeal is that when I complained to the Service Department about Paul, his unprofessionalism and lack of any care or compassion the Service Manager stated he had no idea how Paul ever became a Sales Manager. Paul has obviously been an issue before!

What does that tell you about the dealership, their leadership and their employees. Worst car buying experience ever. No wonder why they have very few people in their showroom compared to packed showroom right across the street at CarMax. I'm the CEO of a National Company and will be holding our annual convention in Vegas two weeks from now. Will be using this experience as an example to my 274 employees how one bad experience can destroy a business reputation. Sales manager Paul will be used as an example of how to NOT treat the people that are in essence signing your paycheck! One bad experience and now 274 people will hear my story and all about how AutoNation really feels about their customers. It's great topic material for me...

It's clear they just want your money and will tell you what you want to hear to get that dollar out of you. There are others that were involved in this experience that I didn't mention however the entire experience was horrible. The only positive experience came from the low man on the Totem Pole, our sales person!! We had an issue with the Sales Manager, Service Department and indifference from the finance department. Will never be back and will never spend another dollar with AutoNation or any of their affiliates for the rest of my life. This dealership is unprofessional, talks down to the customer and just cares about one thing. Taking your money and Moving cars! Very Sad! Would really like to speak to an Executive Level person at AutoNation Corp but highly doubt that will happen.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Told to be here at 7:30 am, and I was here early... Told it would take an hour and a half, here it is 11:05 and I'm still sitting here for just an oil change... Disgusting service and I will definitely find somewhere else to go!!! This one is on Victory Dr.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Bought a car from AutoNation Hayward Toyota on July 22nd. A month later I got a letter in the mail telling me that I need to bring it to them for a VIN verification. I take a Friday off work and go to the dmv to get this done thinking I will get a plate in a couple weeks. Two months later I got a letter in the mail telling me that I need to get a smog test. At this point it has been 4 months and 1 week since I purchased the vehicle and still don't have a license plate.

Was charged for all the paperwork emission test and all and come to find out the reason I'm going through all of this is because the car has a Florida title and they didn't switch it over to California before they sold it to me. They didn't disclose the fact that it didn't have a California title to me either. It would seem to me like this would be illegal. What makes it all worse is the fact they have made no attempt to right the situation. I can't even get a return phone call from anyone. It will probably be another 2 months before I get a plate so I can legally drive the car. I would recommend nobody else ever buy from them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have taken in my 2011 Dodge Journey to be serviced I don't know how many times. I've had a heating issue that has not been fixed. Dropped $300 on a part that was to fix it but hours later it's not FIXED. Oh and the check engine light magically appears. Never had issues before. I had to wait a week before bringing it back - Bring it in and the service advisor and his team got it to work magically without any reason. They couldn't explain why... which is weird because I was driving it around for 7 days with cold air. Questionable. What did I drop my money on and why does it start working all of a sudden? They say my check engine light tells them it's transmission related and that they could just clear it. I tell them as long as the heat is working again to keep the car overnight maybe it will kick back to not working because I find it crazy that it just started working for them no problem.

I pick it up the next day only for them to tell me my car isn't safe to drive because now the gears are slipping, the car is whining, and I need transmission work that is going to cost $2k! WTH? I turned it down and didn't trust the work anymore. My car was NOT driving the same when I left that place. How did a heating issue turn into a transmission issue? Now I'm left with messed up car when all I wanted fixed was the heating. NEVER AGAIN GOING THROUGH AUTONATION.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The power steering went out on my 2012 Fusion. I was told that it was a recall issue and fixed at no cost. Five weeks later, the steering went out again. This time I was told it was steering rods and charged $1300. TWO weeks later it went out for the THIRD time. It was finally fixed (according to them) correctly. I do not believe that 3 different things happened to my steering in 7 weeks. I do not believe that there was anything wrong with the steering rods! I also believe that had I been a male, this would not have happened. Also, last November I took my vehicle in for a tire repair. I was told at that time that my air conditioner wasn't working. (Why would you check the air in Minnesota in November?) Well I just went thru the entire summer with my air working just fine. Do Not Trust AutoNation in White Bear Lake, MN.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I just bought a Toyota 4runner at AutoNation Fort Myers. I complained about the car is not clean, does not look brand new, but they said that is the only gray one they have, the black one will be $1000 more, but they promise me they will clean up and make it look great. After I signed the agreement, I noticed I was charged $191 for vehicle care, Jesus Christ, I was buying a new car. And also they charged $368 for the weather tech waterproof mat, considering the interest, that 3 pieces of plastic will cost more than $500, absolutely a ripoff. All the finance people there are professional liars and cheaters.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Brought my car in to be serviced, it's a Shelby GT500. It went in for a small leak of oil out of a crankshaft seal and an ac problem and to correct the recall for airbags, long story short. They took it on a 10 mile joyride in which independent witnesses saw them pushing the car. When I got it back clutch was destroyed. They claim it was bad but never put any notes on the paperwork prior to servicing it. I rarely drive this car except to car shows, they broke it and do not care.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Don't even know where to start this review. They took over a week to change a fuel pump and charged about double what they should have. I was a little upset with this but not mad enough to ever write a review. Then I discovered both the sunroof and my turn signals/hazards were no longer working. Taking it back I was told nothing they could have done could have cause this to happen.

At this point it was clearly not worth arguing about despite multiple things they could have done including leaving trash and open water bottles under the hood and the fuse cover off of my vehicle which I discovered trying to make sure it wasn't just a blown fuse. I figured this was the case since the first thing that should have been done before disconnecting the fuel pump is to disconnect the battery. However according to them this was never done which I find highly questionable. SO in short way overpriced. Took over a week to do a 2 hour job and broke more things than they fixed.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We just bought a Jeep Wrangler which was advertised as $26,725.00. Although the buying process was relatively Quick I left my wife to pay for the vehicle as my truck was being serviced elsewhere. The next day I was looking at the paperwork and they had charged her a $799.00 Service fee. That is total BS and they deserve no more respect than an internet scammer. Had they advertised the vehicle for $27,524.00 we would not have bought it. My wife and I change our vehicles every year and they scammed us. We will never purchase from AutoNation again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Bought 640i online, preowned. Was told by John ** car was in “pristine” condition. Was not. Chrome wheels were pitted and trim had no shine. Later talked to Chris ** about the problem and neither will return our multiple calls.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I brought a vehicle in for ongoing warranty/recall work. We were clear on multiple occasions that we didn't want any additional services completed. We were told that the warranty issues were "fine" but that they had found nearly $2,000 of other work they had diagnosed. We told them to put vehicle back together, to do nothing, and that we would have the vehicle inspected by our mechanic. We went to pick up the vehicle and were met by $329 of "diagnostic" fees even though they completed no work and repaired nothing! At this point, my wife was late for work and my child was late for school and my vehicle was being held hostage.

After complaining, a service Manager lied to my face and told me that I had agreed to this when I dropped the vehicle off... That never happened. After complaining loudly, the price was reduced to $256 as the only way to get my vehicle back. I next attempted to contact the General Manager on multiple occasions and no one would ever return my call. The next contact showed the true lack of integrity of this company. After not hearing from the GM for over a week, I was contacted by a sales rep telling me that according to the General Manager, they would take care of my "service issue," if and only if, I purchased a new vehicle from them. It is the service department that ripped me off. Why would I buy a 2nd car from this company if they wouldn't stand behind the 1st car I purchased from them? Stay away!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I was initially pleased with the online internet service I received prior to purchasing my 2018 Toyota Highlander. I have purchased three Highlanders from this same dealership in previous years and for the most part the service has been great. However this in-dealership purchase experience on 9/6/2018 was less than satisfactory.

Sydney my salesperson was a nice young lady, however she was not consistent in the information. Prior to completing the paperwork we discussed color options for the vehicle and if necessary she would drive to another location to get the color that I wanted, she assured me that I would not be limited. Once I completed the credit application, we did a test drive and while driving we discussed the pressure off by a car and that this was my first time working with a woman. She explained that she didn't work on commission so I didn't need to be concerned with that (OK that was transparent - understood) but, I do not think that would have been my response.

The real issue came in when we returned, she took my application to the credit dept. then returned and said because of the time of year we only have three colors: White, silver and grey. While that was annoying, I didn't comment. She showed me the colors and I selected silver and then decided to go with gray. I inquired about the cost of tinting the front windows on the vehicle and she said she didn't know but I could set that up when the car was delivered.

COULD NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON COMMITMENT - We returned to her desk area and she went to "Check" on the credit application - she returned and said "Good news, we will be able to keep your payment the same." She mentioned the finance dept want to haggle and she told them I didn't have time for that. After I said OK, she went back to them and got the paperwork outlining the sale.

She told me "Unfortunately, we do not have your car on the lot. It has to be brought in from the port and will not be here for a week." Again frustrated I asked her what if I opted to go with another color, she said the same situation would apply. Again, frustrated I said fine. She told me I would complete the paperwork when I returned to pick up the vehicle and so I left.

About 5 days later she texted me and said I could come get my car as it was being detailed. When I arrived, she placed me and my mother at a desk and said someone with finance would be with me shortly. After waiting 20 minutes she came back and said 10 more minutes, 15 minutes passed - no finance associate. She returned and noticed my frustration and said another 10 minutes and I didn't respond. A salesman came by and said 10 more minutes we are setting up your features in the car. So I told him, my car is sitting outside, no one is setting up the features, I have been waiting nearly an hour for the finance dept. He looked at me and said 10 minutes and walked off. After about 5 minutes he came back and walked me to the finance area.

The finance rep, told me my file was not his but he was doing a favor. He walked me through the paperwork "Telling me the name of the document I was signing." NEVER stopping to tell me my options, warranties, never giving me my detail kit like I received with my other 2 purchases and then shuffling me out of his office. While time was of the essence, decreasing the level of customer service was not a good trade out. After leaving the dealership I received a survey and shared my thoughts about the entire experience. A few days later I received a letter from Ms. ** that said if I had any issues to call - so I did.

POOR FOLLOW UP - Ms. ** explained she received my survey and she was going over it with her General Manager. She basically repeated the same thing over and over - that she had talked with Sydney and they would take care of the issue. Not once was an apology extended a means of offer a service or option for the inconvenience. She circled back around to the tint question and said, "Did anyone ever contact you about the cost for the tint." I told her no - she said, "OK. Well I will check on that and email you." I gave her my email address and guess what? I never received her email.

PAST DUE email. I received a payment pass due email from TOYOTA FINANCE - saying that my payment for my other Highlander was past due. When I called and inquired about speaking with someone, the customer service specialist said she would transfer my call - I was on hold for 12 minutes (the call was picked up 7 times and placed on hold again). I hung up and called back and was placed in a general voicemail with NO NAME. I called back and asked for the general manager (same issue). Left a message and waiting on a call. While this is not my standard - Jeopardizing my credit and being pushed assigned as if my feedback doesn't matter spiked this concern.

I am not sure if the dealership is under new management since 2015 or what has happened but there are some serious concerned that need to start from the top. While committed to return for maintenance, I will not return to purchase another car. Not only was my time wasted at the dealership, I am now spending time typing numerous reviews and well as filing a BBB claim.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Hesitantly took my 2011 Silverado in on Wed Sept 12 2018 based on my previous experiences. Requested battery check. Fri Sept 14 2018. Truck is still in shop. They began an analysis I didn’t approve and inform me I need a new “crank” draining my battery. $600 bill. Phone calls here not returned and totally ignored as I informed customer relations guy there. Don’t take your car here.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

On September 1st, @ 6:30 pm, we printed from the actual AutoNation website, NOT a 3rd party or Ad, 3 trucks that shows the price, packages, and the savings. So the following morning we drove 2 hours to the dealership. Before we turned our vehicle off, we again went on their website, to verify they still had the truck, and the cost. We took a test drive, returned, and told the salesman we wanted to buy the truck. Miraculously the price jumped up almost 5k!! We realized their scam, and left. We stopped for snacks and gas on the way home, and there was a family we recognized from the dealership, and the car they wanted, also went up around $3,500. The corporate office blames TrueCar for not updating the AutoNation website. What?? Big, Big Scam.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Went to purchase truck based on price given, when it came to financing was charged $1250 for running boards that were on vehicle. Text salesmen before driving there about any extra charges. He said none.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Please don't service your vehicle at AutoNation here in Laurel, Maryland. Management are the worse, had my truck for 3 weeks and it was return with no gas and scratches all over my new vehicle. Management claim they don't know how that happened. It was with them for the last 3 weeks.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I bought a 2015 VW Passat from AutoNation USA in Corpus Christi, TX on 8/18/18 and noticed there were dried hard water spots all over it. I returned on 8/25/18 to get an auto detail performed, which consisted of buffing the paint in order to remove the spots. When I arrived to pick up the vehicle, I observed that the entire car was covered in deep scratches and the Black paint had obviously been burned as it emitted an array of different colors (Red, Yellow, Green). The chrome front grill and VW decal had also been scratched due to the complete incompetence of the person(s) performing the service. The hard water spots were also still present.

AutoNation USA has denied any of my allegations and attempted to convince me that the scratches were already there and under the clear coat finish of this three year old vehicle. I would never have purchased and financed a three year old $20,000 vehicle if it had such awful scratches and dulled paint on it. I would have just kept shopping around.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Bought a car from AutoNation Acura Gulf Freeway because of the Carfax and have had nothing but problems. The manager Jeffrey ** has done nothing but drag this out. He says he will talk to the GM, Ronald **, and never calls back. This is the worst customer service ever and will never trust Carfax again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I own a small business, my company car gave up. So I needed a delivery car. I found one for about $3500. I wanted to put $1500 down. When asked I said my credit score was about 680. That's when I was informed my score needs to be 800 or above to get financed. What a joke.

AutoNation Company Information