AutoNation
  • 1 star
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

AutoNation

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

237 AutoNation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Test drive a vehicle, "encouraged" by the salesman to keep it over the weekend, had not even secured financing. The car was for my 20 yr old son, within 10 hrs that Saturday a deer ran out into the side of it, I went to the dealership early Monday AM, and was basically told it was not their problem, had the GM and several others coming at me to get it financed that day, even though I had already told them I would rather finance through my bank. I explained to the GM that I did not know if my loan officer would even finance the car now, his words were "don't tell him about the wreck"... I explained to them that I was not financing anything with them that day or any day until the car was repaired. I then was told to let them know where the repairs were being done and when it was done, and that this was all my responsibility.

I have felt with towing, autonomy and the insurance (mine of course). Not once have they offered a hand as I had no clue how any of this works. 3 weeks and car still in the shop, now they're calling me. Doubting where the car is which Rick at Service King cleared that up. I have ask them to come down on the price a little to help me cover the deductible, rental and of course the 8k depreciation in the vehicle and the GM has refused to budge. I guessing if I give the car back he will not let any prospective buyers know about the 8k in damages. I'm trying to do the right thing, and the least they could do is lower the price a little so my bank will finance. So beware if you go to buy up there. They are not the most honest, and if this shaker blue Mustang is on their lot it just had 8k worth of damage repaired and I'm sure they won't mention it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Not one person has contacted me with the decision of my online credit application. The salesperson won't call me back or respond to my emails. All of my personal information went out to la la land and have no idea if their online credit app process is even legit. Salesperson is Jeff ** in Ohio (Westlake). Their online chat personnel is of no help either.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

This note is a long time in coming! I initially took my Impala in because of transmission issues & and a loud thump coming from the dash. At the time I brought it in, I was not sure how this would go due to several experiences with dealership service departments. So I hoped in one hand and cautious in another. In steps Stephen **. I was first greeted with eye contact and a friendly handshake. He addressed me with respect and concern for my needs and the needs of my vehicle. Took care of the Impala (my baby!) and assured me they will find out what is going on. I left with the highest level of confidence that my issue would be handled. Then I looked on Yelp at the reviews and began to be concerned. Yelp had lambasted your service department with a barrage of terrible reviews. As I read them, I hoped once more, my situation would be different. IT WAS!!!

3 days after bringing it in I got a call from Mr. **. "Mr. **, that transmission needs to be replaced. It's looking like $4000 plus." I then let him know I had an extended warranty. He replied, "Oh that's right. I will call them. We will get them to take care of as much of that as we can!" Once again, I had peace that there was someone taking care of me that would get it done! To make a long story short, Warranty covered, car is driving like a dream and I was 110% satisfied with my service.

Stephen ** deserves more than a small amount of praise for this service I was given on an issue that would be hard to deal with in most situations. Stephen was an excellent communicator! The updates were timely and thorough! The interaction was more of a friend that wanted me to know something I cared about was getting taken care of and not to worry (THIS IS HUGE). The efficiency of how it was handled was shocking! So fast, So thorough, so friendly. Support is not an easy business (my career) but Stephen made me feel like he LOVED his job and lived to help people. I wanted to say thank you to YOU AutoNation Chevrolet for handling this situation with one of YOUR BEST service guys! Thank you Stephen! I will be back. Promise!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have a FJ Cruiser that is currently under warranty with the AutoNation extended warranty. The transfer case is leaking, the timing cover is leaking, and rear diff is leaking... On top of that the wheel bearing on the left side was the only repair approved! How can this be legal. I am talking with an attorney next week. They state that the gaskets, and seals are not covered and since it's leaking those repairs on not covered. The parts have not failed, and to add insult to injury now since we made an attempt at a claim if the parts are ran into the ground and need a total replacement they will not be covered because we neglected the problem versus repairing the seals. DON'T BUY FROM AUTONATION! The extended warranty they offer is garbage. Oh and the companies act like a monopoly so their service personnel is trained to only fix the bare minimum. If you take it to another Toyota dealership they just find a way to deny the claim.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Re: Auto Nation Chevrolet Laurel, Md. I bought a 2015 GMC Terrain SLE 90 days ago. Since then I've been into the service department five times for faulty brakes, noise in the steering wheel & dashboard and tire repair. They're telling me they can't fix the noise in the steering wheel, so I requested another Blk 2015 GMC Terrain SLE with a sunroof just like the one I have now. I've been trying to reach corporate for a month now and been in touch with the Regional Manager (Chris - **) who has been stalling not trying give me another truck. This is the car I bought from them, The first one was a 2008 Buick Lucerne. I had that for 18 months and went to the service 15 times. Please Help! Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

1.5 hours to drop off car, prearranged to have rental car. Service guy Michael ** that arranged it with went to lunch, nobody else even acknowledging I'm standing there. Asked for Service Manager Scott, he is out today and is being promoted to GM and Assistant SM is in training. M. ** back from lunch and tells me how lucky I am. They usually don't pre arrange for rental before diagnostic and started to argue that I was to be there before noon.

I had to go get former GM to complete process. I get the rental and it is filthy, M ** said it was full and it wasnt. I took a pic of it. The last 5 times I have been at this dealership they make you wait up to 3 hours for oil change, forget to put the plug back in so it leaks, get grease in the interiors floor seat and headliner. Never again will I ever buy the service maintenance. Contract with AutoNation Arrowhead!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Worst dealership in South Florida! They don't know how to communicate or take care of their customers. I recently purchased a $70,000 GLE Coupe from them, had some simple questions later on about the extra coverages I bought from Michelle their finance person and No One got back to me! Only the salesperson did and texted me I quote "I gave her your name and number, but I cannot force her to call". Really??? Today I asked the salesperson who was her boss and I get a text back from his cell number I quote " I am her boss, my name is Mr. **". I assumed that it must her boss so expressed my frustration with their finance person Michelle not getting back to me on simple questions for a while now and guess what... NO RESPONSE.

I will use my time and connections to expose this experience and the unprofessional conduct I got from this dealership. I also contacted the AutoNation Corporate office today and no one has contacted me back yet, I hope they do. I will contact Mercedes corporation as well since I've been nothing but a loyal client to them. I love my car and Mercedes overall but it's unfortunate that a dealership like "Mercedes of Fort Lauderdale" can ruin it in such manner. Day 4 and still no one made the effort to contact me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Went to buy a car. Payment would be 450 per month. I can't afford that. They say, "No worries. After the coupon book arrives, call your lender and they will bust up your warranty into biweekly payments and that will lower it to 402 per month. This didn't sound right, so I asked the general manager. He said the guy was wrong, but new. He apologized. I said I couldn't buy the car then, and took it back the NEXT morning.

I pick up my trade in (Prius) and they had changed the oil, wiper blades, scraped OFF MY INSPECTION sticker, removed my weather tech floor mats and prepared it for resale. Oookay, where are my mats? What about my sticker? I got the mats, and a "sorry" about the sticker. I left. Two weeks later (today), they tried to cash my ripped up check for the $2,300 downpayment!!! Yep, overdraft fee now. So, lied to (misinformed), exercised my right to return the car only to find my car had no plate/inspection sticker, then got an overdraft fee two weeks later. Oh, by the way... they are STILL running my credit bureau through anybody that will listen to them. I don't know how to stop all of this! Stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017
I ordered a new Audi Q7 from the Audi of Bellevue with the hopes that it's towing capacity was as advertised; 770 lbs tongue weight and 7700 lbs towing capacity.

I waited about 6 months for the car to finally arrive. Once we got it, we went to buy our trailer. After some back and forth with the trailer dealer about weight distribution and a lot of online research, we figured out that we couldn't use the weight distribution hitch that was recommended. I confirmed with the dealership that I got my Q7 from and they told me "hook up the trailer, do your safety checks and go". Okay, so it's that easy! We went to pick up the trailer, which had a dry weight of 4380 lbs and a tongue weight of 730 (there are some reasons for the high tongue weight).

As the technician was lowering the trailer onto my hitch, my car back end just kept going down. When the weight was on, the car was almost undrivable. I talked to the dealer and he said that if we didn't want to do the trailer sale, we could cancel it (he was that concerned). We wanted the trailer, so we drove it home (and made it safely), but this was not recommended for safety reasons. Now we have a 67k dollar vehicle, and still had to buy a truck to tow the trailer. This is horrible false advertising. I contacted the dealership and they basically fluffed me off like I hadn't bought a 67k vehicle from them. I still have not heard back as to whether or not they would be able to help with this problem!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Bought a used car from AutoNation, Clearwater, Fl. Told me they had done a 125 point inspection and fixed all the issues. Took the car home for my grandson. That is when I had it checked by a Chevy Master mechanic. Here the list. Brakes metal to metal, Belts need to be replaced, Ignition wires, ABS computer replacement, Fuel pump need replacement. The best screw up by the AutoNation mechanic, he tightened the lug nuts with an air gun so tightly, then stripped them. This required that they had to be cut off. Requiring the brake disk and hub to be replaced. Needless to say I called them about the problems. Their answer was I had to bring it back to Clearwater, a 100 mile 1 way trip for me. Then to add insult to injury they refused to do anything because I had exceeded the 150 mile limit by 57 miles.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I purchased a CPO 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ from Auto Nation Chevy of Clearwater, FL in April of 2017 with under 65k on the dash. Beautiful car. After having the car for less than a month it was having some issues with acceleration and a rough idle. I took it to the service department where I purchased it and they asked me if I could leave it with them for a day to figure out what was wrong with the car. I did but was not provided with a loaner due to their policy stating that I was supposed to have the car back same day. A mild inconvenience compared to what was to come. After half of the day I was contacted and told that the new car I purchased had a crack in the catalytic converter and a hole in the upper air intake hose!! How that got by them when I purchased the car is beyond me.

I picked the car up the next morning after it was "fixed" and the idle was better but still had poor acceleration. Let it be noted the is the 3.6 V6 High-pressure fuel delivery VVT engine. When working properly it was like a rocket. Two weeks went by and I was still very unhappy with the performance of the car so I scheduled a service appt and took it back in to get looked at and was told that the service department was inundated since it was a Holiday weekend, they wouldn't be able to get to it until Tuesday the next week. Understandable but still... this is a new car and is extremely frustrating that it is driving in an unsafe manner.

I dropped the car off Tuesday the next week and once again was reminded of the policy AutoNation has of not furnishing a loaner unless your car will be there longer than 24 or 48 hours. Because not having your car you are paying for 1-2 days isn't inconvenient at all. Wednesday I received a call from my service advisor that the car would need to be kept for a while because they are still booked up and haven't figured out what was causing the loss of power and they would now give me a loaner. I proceeded to pick up a loaner (of which, the gas tank was on E) and told I would be contacted when they found out what was wrong with the car.

After a day with the loaner I received a call from my service advisor stating they found nothing wrong with the car and that I would be responsible for a $128.00 Diag fee. Not a surprise being I signed stating I knew I'd be responsible if nothing was deemed to be wrong with the car. However, I was confident the service department would find out what was wrong. But since they plug these cars in nowadays and look for codes and no codes were being thrown, it was deemed there was "nothing" wrong with the car in AutoNation's eyes. I picked up my car and paid the $128.00 and left, very sad day for me. I talked my wife into getting this new car because we wouldn't have to worry about repairs and a car breaking down.

Four days later, the car broke down. I got it towed to the Dealership and had to get yet another ride home to my wife and had to tell her the car was back in the shop and we would be without a car again for at least a day leaving me with having to figure out again how to get my wife to work and kids to school the next day on less than 24 hour notice. Midday the next day I was contacted and told that my battery had an internal ground issue and caused my battery to short out. So I guess bought a CPO vehicle with an expired battery. Bought a new battery and the car was actually driving like a dream again. At least for the next few days. Fourth or fifth day after buying a new battery, the car started to underperform again.

After calling my service advisor 2 days straight and not getting a callback, I went into the Sales department to talk to the used cars sales manager and after being given the runaround for an hour was told that the used sales manager was not in and I could speak to the New car sales manager. I explained everything and he insisted that I drive my car around to the service department and they would get to the bottom of it and he was very sorry. I drove the car around and never saw the guy again. I received the same explanation from the service department I have been getting. Which was that there is nothing wrong with the car because there are no codes being thrown. I drove away with my tail between my legs. This is a perfect example of a company not standing behind their product. They not only sell, but certify as pre-owned and in top working order. Sick to my stomach.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Deceptive from the start at AutoNation Ford in Corpus Christi. I had scheduled an appointment for today 9/18/17 at 9 a.m. It was for a fuel line replacement that was making it hard to fill gas on my F-250. I had asked the woman when I called to make the appointment how long it would take. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the service would take 2 hours. So I took the morning off from work, showed up at 9, they took the truck to the back, and I sat down to wait. A few minutes later some guy calls my name and brings me to a side room. Says I need to have a diagnostic check done on my truck for $109.00. I told him, "No I don't, that it was never mentioned when I made the appointment." He then says they would not guarantee the work without me paying $109 for the test. He also then tells me it will take 4 to 5 hours to drop the tank, put on a new gas fill hose, and put the tank back up. I told him to give me my truck back.

I then asked for the corporate phone number, and not one of the 8 personnel in the service dept could give it to me. When I looked it up and did call 3 times to complain and ask for a callback, not one return call from the corporate office after leaving THREE messages on their phone. Rip off con artists from the top execs to the service department personnel. Went to Sames Ford and have a 2 hour appointment for Monday.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I just wanted to make people aware, that even though, they are a nationwide company, do not be fooled that they are trustworthy. I recently went to look for 2 vehicles, as mine and my wife's were totaled and one stopped running in Hurricane Harvey. My family and I went to the lot, they showed us a vehicle and we really liked it, then my daughter felt water on the floor board, so that prompted us to look in the trunk wheel well, there was at least 6 inches of water. The general manager called me, which was nice and said it was from pressure washing, but 6 inches of water? He then proceed to say he wanted to help and offered the same car at a lower price, I tried to let him know that we didn't want a car with water in it, especially after the flooding here and I said we want to buy two cars from you guys and are still willing, he just kept putting us off. Very upset that we were offered a wet car and spent most the day there and there was really no concern.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

On July 4th, I purchased a 2017 4Runner Limited from AutoNation. Now I will spare you all the boring and completely ridiculous details of why AutoNation is complete garbage and I'll never do business with them again. Told and shown that I was purchasing a "Toyota Glass" Package. This we were informed was to ensure that only Toyota Glass would be installed or repaired limitlessly over 8 years. Now, having not purchased a new vehicle in over 12 years, I’d never heard of anything like this. Well, upon requesting this service, I was told that this feature (which actually does exist) was never discussed with me. So no they can't fix my glass. How in the heck would I even know about this if it wasn't discussed? Nonsense.

I took the vehicle in to have a minor scratch repaired as AutoNation informed me that they would take care of the minor blemish no charge, just stop on by next time I'm in Denver. I show up and they refuse to even look at the scratch. (Spencer my sales idiot at AutoNation Arapahoe) you young man should find another career. A chimp has better customer service skills than you. While the vehicle was having an oil change completed, I inquired about a complimentary wash and vacuum and was told no. “Yes, that requires too much time and we don't have time for that today”, is exactly what I was told. Lovely.

My temporary registration wasn't submitted to the local DMV until 1 day before my plates expired. This caused me to have to stand in line for 2.5 hours to get a new temp tag while they waited for registration to arrive from AutoNation. I think we can all agree, one visit every 5 years to the DMV is painful enough, let alone having to do it multiple times due to the ignorance of the dealer. (Finance moron Tilo, thank you very much for your incompetence.) Spencer, (the worthless sales human) noted that I would receive a key chain and cargo screen of which I never received and was told they never promised. This just never ends. I was promised a new keychain for my $57k purchase and you guessed it. That too was never delivered.

Saving the best for last. I spent a total of 6 hours with my sales idiot and his finance moron. Following my exit, and a month after, I continuously received phone calls from my sales idiot trying to sell me another vehicle. 3 separate times I addressed and informed him that he already sold me a vehicle and to please remove me from his list. Unbelievable. Couldn't even remember a deal he closed days before. While I only purchase a new vehicle every 10 years or so, I assure you, AutoNation couldn't buy my business again for anything in the world. I would highly advise against working with AutoNation and their shady and unethical business practices.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bought a used Jeep from AutoNation of Ft Myers, Fl. Told the Jeep was checked from top to bottom. 2-1/2 months later had to replaced the whole brakes on the Jeep. Told by Tire Choice that these brakes were so bad. They told me that they were never checked by AutoNation because if they were they would have fixed them. They are such liars. NEVER DO BUSINESS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased a 2016 VW Beetle Dune from AutoNation VW in Columbus, Georgia. I also purchased an extended warranty and maintenance package of over $3,200.00 which should have left me worry free. Wrong... I went for my first oil change and Volkswagen had no record of my VW Care Plan. They had no record of my extended warranty. They had no record of my theft insurance which I don't remember purchasing or discussing but it was on my purchase agreement. From the time of the oil change in February 2017, I have called and called with no answers and no call backs. I finally got fed up and after many attempts was able to get a representative from Volkswagen customer care to assist me beginning in June. He also had trouble getting them to help me and we finally, at the end of July, got them to send the paperwork to cancel the false services that they had sold me.

They still wouldn't refund the amount but said they would apply the amount to my loan principal. Two months later and they still have not applied the amount. They say that the theft insurance is nonrefundable but the company that carries the insurance for them has no documents showing my insurance. The VW rep can't do anything about the theft insurance. Do not buy from VW AutoNation in Columbus, Georgia. Jennifer ** will sell you something that you will never get and she nor the general manager will ever return your calls. This company will RIP you OFF.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

BUYER BEWARE!!! The car I Purchased has a clean Carfax but, get this, the interior door molding was painted with a paint brush. Of course I didn't notice it until the next day after I purchased it. Cannot believe an organization of this size would stoop this low as not to disclose this little detail. The manager will not contact me, the salesman is young/new, I don't blame him. I feel they should replace the panel properly. The salesman said the manager cannot do anything.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Earlier this year we bought a car from Autonation Spring preown department. They advertise that they do a 125 point inspection on their vehicles. The car had just under 20k miles. A few months later my son said there is a loud flapping noise sometimes when he is driving. Since he is in school in a different town, we waited for school to be out. When we made an appointment for 10:00, we were told the car would be ready at 3:00. Our service advisor, Colby, never called so we did and said she will check on it. 4:00 passed and no word so we went up there. Almost an hour later, we were told 2 technicians looked at the car and found nothing. Before my son went back to school I took a look at the spot and noticed a rubber piece loose and pins missing.

Told my son to take it to the Dodge dealer in his town. What they found was not only the part I found but the control bar was bent and that was a serious safety issue and needed to be repaired. SO MUCH FOR AUTONATION'S 125 POINT INSPECTION. The repair guy said there was no way a technician could have missed this. After I paid the bill I asked Autonation who I needed to bring the bill to for reimbursement. Was emailed by Calvin ** and told to email the invoice for consideration. Now all they want to do is give me an oil change and rotation. Read other reviews and they seem to not know how to tighten oil filters so why would I do that. BE AWARE OF THIS DEALER.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Peoria Chevrolet AutoNation - I bought an older low mileage vehicle. Out of respect to my friends who sell cars I was sure not to treat the salesman with respect. The car had an obvious problem. I left a deposit and they told me they were going to fix it the next day. I went back and it was not fixed. The dealership's general manager tried to intimidate me which when I walked away I asked the salesman if I was correct in what I was experiencing and he quietly confirmed it. The boys who the salesman run to in the tower were out & out liars. These guys will say whatever they have to, to sell a vehicle. I will be researching my options of recourse.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My vehicle became inoperable due to an engine cooling system error which put the vehicle into "limp mode" and was not safe to drive on public roads. Being that my vehicle was stranded in a parking lot less than a mile from Ford AutoNation Scottsdale I called them seeking some guidance. I explained the situation to a gentleman in the service department and he advised I contact Ford roadside services to have the vehicle towed in since there was an open recall posted on March 27th, for the coolant level sensor (2013 Ford Fusion). I called the number he provided me and the woman took my information and a tow truck promptly arrived and I followed him to the dealership in another vehicle.

When I first arrived I was barely able to talk to anyone in the service department (understandably this was a Saturday and they were busy). Once I was able to speak with a gentleman and inquired where I should have the towed vehicle dropped off he responded that I can't just show up with a tow truck, I informed him that I had already called the dealership AND went through Ford's roadside service. He told the tow driver to drop it off in the back and then grabbed an envelope (the kind you use when no one is working in the service department) for me to fill out and asked what the issue was. I told him the vehicle was inoperable and I was told there was a recall for the cooling system. His reply was simply, "We won't have a chance to look at it until Monday" (again it was a busy Saturday but I could have done without the attitude).

I wrote my information on the envelope and in the field marked requested services I wrote "Manufacturer recall on engine cooling system". Surprisingly enough I received a voice mail later that day telling me they did not have the available parts for the recall issue (mind you, Ford themselves stated there is a risk of fire and engine damage from this issue and yes, the recall is marked as incomplete because a remedy is not yet available) but that they found my ETC sensor was bad and not part of the recall so it would be roughly $500 to repair. I called the dealership back and informed him that I only wanted the recall work done and that since they were unable to do so I would send another tow truck to pick the vehicle up to have the work done at my original dealer since it was still under warranty and it wasn't a recall issue (even though more than likely a direct result from the recall issue).

I asked him what they needed from me before I send the truck out and he said: "Well, there is a balance due of $130 that needs to be paid before we can release the vehicle". Dumbfounded, I asked him why I was being charged when I gave them in writing that I only wanted the recall serviced, he couldn't give me a straight answer. I finally get to the dealership and settle things with the cashier (the 2nd tow truck is there and waiting) and when I get the paperwork the $130 was classified under labor! As I read on, the description was that they ran an EEC quick check and found over temp codes. So, I was charged $130 to have a voltmeter hooked up to my car, something that probably took less than 10 minutes, which was not the service I had asked to be done to my vehicle. Needless to say, this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth with AutoNation.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I went into AutoNation Audi in Peoria AZ. on 7-27-17 looking for a used Audi Q5 for my son, we walked through lot and found two, the 2014 was what we liked. Test drove with salesman twice. Went inside talked little told him I would be paying cash. He brought back a written estimate with tax, title and license. To my surprise the "Autonation no-haggle price" price went up $2,240.00. I talked to Mathew the manager and he said it's not the price on window with no explanation, another salesperson told me they have outsource printing and they got it wrong. I'll be buying elsewhere.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I bought a 2008 Toyota Camry from "Auto Nation" and the salesman assured he was being honest and the sales were legitimate on the car. He said it was a good running car and trust him on this car. After a year of driving the car and keeping up with the maintenance and car payments, the car started having electrical problems, and it started burning a lot of fuel. After a few months went by the engine caught a fire while my son was driving it and just eventually it blew the whole engine. When it went to the shop I was told by a certified mechanic that the car had been in a couple of accidents, the battery had exposed under the hood before I even purchased it and they had no business selling me this car.I contacted the company several times and they only give me the run around. I have spent several thousands on rental cars and family has been highly inconvenienced due to this dishonesty of this company

Original review: July 9, 2017

False advertising, buyers beware. After driving 115 miles, we spent over 3 hours at BMW of the Woodlands Tx and paid cash for the car. On the way out with the newly purchased car keys in hand, we asked Jared the sales rep to show us how to work the navigation systems. He tried unsuccessfully to get it to work, we all went back into the office only to find out from his manager the car does not have navigation system as advertise on their website. They did not accept responsibility. The online descriptions for the car remains the same without any attempts to update/correct the false advertising.

Original review: July 6, 2017

After contacting 3 different AutoNation locations after the hail storm which totaled my car, I was extremely dissatisfied with the lack of wanting to help. I understand that the prices posted, but to have a take it or leave it attitude and approach is very slimy used car salesman tactics. I called and let them know what I was looking for, what my budget was and also called with vehicles to review from what they had posted to help speed up the process. With all of the fees, the vehicles were slightly above my budget and therefore I could not afford them. Instead of offering me a similar type of vehicle of trying to work with me on the price ($800 difference), I was told that there was nothing that they could do.

Now I am receiving phone call after phone call at my job and endless emails about how the vehicle I was interested in is still sitting on their lot and now want to negotiate! Yeah right! I then receive multiple emails from the GM asking how my experience was and I responded that it was not good! I have not heard back from the GM, but he was kind enough to send me another email asking me how my experience was! I am glad that they are reading their emails and responding accordingly. Very disappointed. The good reviews must be from family members because they are terrible!

Original review: July 5, 2017

Purchased a 2014 Nissan Altima that was advertised as Nissan Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) at AutoNation Nissan 104 in Denver, CO. Discovered 8 months later that the vehicle had been in a major accident that was not disclosed. Contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs to complain after speaking with the dealership and was told that the car was not Certified according to their records. Nissan claims that we were "mislead" by AutoNation. Very disappointed that we did not receive the vehicle that we believed we were purchasing and have now been cheated out of the 7 year/100,000 mile limited warranty. Beware of AutoNation vehicle fraud!

Original review: July 4, 2017

Let me preface my complaint. I've owned 3 Honda vehicles since 1983. Have had very good experiences with all the Honda dealers previous to this. I searched the internet for Honda Accords that were within a certain price range my 17 year old son could afford. AutoNation showed one for the price of $3851.00, 206,000 miles, 2003 model. Took my son to look/buy it, 2.5 hr drive. James the attendant was very helpful and I have nothing but good to say about him. Then after we were done test driving it, he said there is a processing fee.

The fee was $699.00! to make a long story short, I totally missed the processing fee because it wasn't on my print-out page which shows the price very prominent but failed to see in "fine print" at the bottom under "Disclaimer" that they charged an extra $699.00. This in fine print in spite of their statement in larger print near the main priced which states falsely: "The price you see is the price you pay." It doesn't matter how "successful" and wealthy this company is; they are tarnishing Honda's reputation. They are not an honest company. The price you see IS NOT THE PRICE YOU PAY! It just happens to make them look $700.00 less on the internet search. I'm surprised Honda Corp allows a shady dealer to represent them.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I can say without a doubt that this dealership is right up there with the worst in my 40 years of buying and selling cars. By now I expect to be lied and scammed by the sales department. But not the service department. My primary complaint is with the Automation in Albany, GA. I was interested in a vehicle that was at another Automation in a nearby town. I had been watching and looking for a few months and had noticed that they seemed to switch used cars back and forth between their dealerships. So I went by and after several minutes someone came out to greet me. Told them exactly what I needed as far as specs, etc. knowing full well they didn't have one but Columbus did. Told they would get back with me. Never did.

This went on three times with three different salesmen. No returned calls. So I called and asked for a manager. Asked them could they get a car from Columbus brought here as I work six days a week. Told they don't do that, which I knew was a lie. So I called Columbus, asked what days do you swap cars around and he told me. So I asked could he send a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk to Albany. He said he could, but he would knock $1,500 off the price if I would come to Columbus. So we did and managed a trade, and they drug it out as other people have commented. But now the real fun begins, the Automation in Albany and its service department.

The car was a CPO, so at least I had Jeep behind me, or I thought, but that is another story. So while the car was still under factory warranty, I found a crack in a plastic piece on the driver's seat. Looked like a scratch until you got out, then it would open up and pinch you if weren't careful. Took it by, asked if they could order the part and then call me when it came in. No problems, thinking, well at least the service department was OK. Was I ever wrong?

As summer progressed, it began to squeak by the B-pillar on the driver’s side, and a loud groaning noise from the steering. First time that noise sounded I thought it needed power steering fluid. Looked but then realized, it's electric steering. But the noise was intermittent, wouldn't do it all the time. I am in the computer business so I understand how difficult it is to find an intermittent problem and how subjective noises are. I may hear something that you don't and vice versa. So I isolated the conditions that would guarantee the steering noise and asked for an appointment, and that I wanted the technician that was to work on my car to ride with me, so I could ensure that we both heard and understood the noise and how to make it happen. I use this for work and wanted as little downtime as possible.

When I arrived for my scheduled appointment and asked for the tech you would have thought I had three eyes with the look I was given. I explained again to the service writer what the problem was, so he disappears and comes back and has someone who I was told was a technician, so we go for a ride and he acts like he knows what the issue is. This is on a Tuesday and I am thinking great I should have it back by Friday. So I had also requested a loaner to use. It's still under factory warranty and I have the extended warranty so I should be provided a loaner. Told me they don't do loaners, AutoNation's policy. Another lie, but they could do a rental, but it may be late that afternoon, so I get a ride home.

No call back on the rental that day as promised. Called the next day and was told to call Enterprise myself. Told them no way, they are renting the car, not me. Asked about the status of my car and was told the tech didn't come in that day, so it would be tomorrow. Again no call back on the rental. To make a long story short, this went on until the middle of the next week. They finally got me a rental car on the same day I got my car back.

But the car was not fixed at all. Was told the noise I was hearing was gravel under my tires. Excuse me. Been driving for longer that they are old, so I think I know what gravel sounds and feels like. Then they came back and said the technician couldn't duplicate the noise. Then come to find out, the person who they said was a tech wasn't. He was their porter and was posing as a tech to placate me.

Found the new general manager. Made him ride with me, had the car make the noise, looked him dead square in the eyes, and told him, "Now, hear that. Think a car should be making that kind of noise, and it damn sure isn't gravel under my tires or my imagination." They kept my car for almost three months off and on and to this day, has not repaired a single thing. In fact after the last time, it came back with grease stains on the headliner and they never finished putting the inside of my car back together. Plus stole every quarter, dime and nickel that was in the coin holder. Left the pennies. So stay away and avoid yourself a ton of grief.

Original review: June 20, 2017

This afternoon, June 20, 2017 I met with used car sales manager, Derrick, to get approval for a loaner while my truck was being repaired. It is a Chevrolet & will have to go to a different dealer. I purchased the truck from Winter Park, but they are not equipped to work on the issues I am having with it. Derrick was not the least bit friendly, & in fact was rude & insulting. He asked if I had an extended warranty & when I said yes he turned to the salesman & asked if I did indeed have one. What, am I lying? Insulting & inappropriate. That was as good as calling me a liar in front of the whole room. Everyone else that I have dealt with has been very professional. Derrick, however needs to take classes in diplomacy.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Long story short, attempted to purchase a vehicle on a Thursday. Went through the process of getting an appraisal on my trade (2015 Toyota Tundra, low miles) and was given a written offer for trade/purchase authorized by sales manager John ** on the spot. Agreed on the trade, said I would call in the morning after I had time to think it over. Called as soon as they opened next day. We agreed on the trade/purchase. Was asked to come in on my lunch to sign paperwork. Spoke to salesman Bernard ** throughout the morning, transferred insurance for new vehicle, authorized my preapproval through Chase Bank, and then drove to dealership to sign the paperwork.

Was told by Bernard that paperwork wasn't ready yet, and was asked to return after work to sign the final documents. Went back to work. Received an apology phone call from Jessy ** at AutoNation Express expressing her regret that the vehicle had been sold earlier that morning. She said they would do everything they could to find a comparable vehicle. (Simply impossible. I spent weeks finding the vehicle I intended to purchase, and in a matter of hours, the car disappeared, even after speaking to several employees at AutoNation about the impending trade/purchase.)

How could the dealership sell the vehicle after I had a written and signed offer for trade/purchase? Still waiting to hear from Jessy or Bernard about a replacement sale vehicle. I won't hold my breath. Never heard a word from Sales Manager (really?) John **. I don't expect to. If this is how they treat "potential" customers (and the possibility of incoming money), I shudder to think how you are treated after they already have a finalized contract with guaranteed money. The jury is still out, but the outcome isn't promising. They could redeem themselves in a big way, but I doubt it. Their system seems broken beyond repair after reading the multiple instances of their bait-and-switch tactics. Get it together AutoNation! More like Fraudsters-R-Us...

Original review: June 16, 2017

We contacted and tried to purchase a 2011 Honda Odyssey from AutoNation. It took 2 weeks just to get a salesman to actually return our call. We sent a cashier check to AutoNation and they were to have the paperwork sent to Fort Payne Alabama. They never did nor did they make contact with the Fort Payne Alabama office. We called and tried to get paperwork they claimed they were waiting on check to clear. This check was a certified check from the Alabama Credit Union. What's with this. Well let me tell you my wife was contacted and they told her they might resale the van.

Well guess what after 5 days and no paperwork we requested the return of our check. Lo and behold they overnighted the check, which meant they had no intention of cashing and it certainly had not been run thru the bank. And by the way, the van had been shipped to a dealership in Georgia and the price was now $3,000 more than we had written check for. Well my husband contacted the main office and claimed to try to straighten out. Meanwhile, the van is now on 3 websites and they claim it is sold. WHAT DO YOU THINK? AFTER THIS WOULD YOU LIKE TO DEAL WITH THESE FOLKS? Take it from an honest retired Christian, stay away from this business.

AutoNation Company Information