AutoNation

AutoNation

3.9/5 (457 ratings)

About AutoNation

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoNation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

My Service Adviser Rafael ** at Mercedes-Benz of Miami, happens to have the most "Superb" Customer Service I've ever seen. Rafael has shown nothing but Honesty and Great Integrity as a Service advisor. Rafael should be Commended for his caring of Customers Vehicle Repairs and OH yes Rafael is gonna make sure that whatever Service you need he'll tell you ways you can continue your Maintenance even with financing through Auto Nation. I Thank him forever because I'm almost 4 yrs with my 2019 A220 and because of him my vehicle Sounds and Looks Good. Please help me to Congratulate Rafael ** for offering Superb Customer Service as he continue to be the face of Auto Nation Mercedes-Benz of Miami. This shall not go unnoticed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Keep in mind our purchase of a mini cooper and trade in of our Toyota Camry as far as money goes was not the issue. I believe in that regard we were dealt with fairly. HOWEVER--They took 70 days to pay off our trade causing us to continue making payments or damage our credit. Numerous calls to the Manager (Manny) and Autonation corp. were fruitless. In fact, Manny told us it wasn't their fault, so they were doing us a "favor" in investigating why it wasn't paid off??? Huh? Totally unprofessional company and dealership. I would avoid at all costs.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I purchased a vehicle from AutoNation Buick GMC on Sahara, in Las Vegas NV, after literal MONTHS of searching for the ‘right’ vehicle upgrade for my family. I found a 2018 Tahoe from AutoNation GMC Buick and after my husband test drove it we decided to purchase. The purchase process and our salesman was amazing. It took less than 3 hours and we were out, and at the time thrilled. This is when it all started going downhill. Less than 24 hours later there was a horrible clunking noise every time we accelerated, we called our salesman and he had us bring it the following Monday. This would be the 1st of FIVE times we had to take our vehicle in to be serviced. We were told the motor mounts were bad, the truck was in their shop for 5 days for this and they replaced them and we took our truck home.

In the 4 months since April (when we purchased our vehicle) we’ve put less than 3,000 miles on our truck but it has been in the shop 4 more times, each time for no less than 5 days. Each time we took it back it was for the same issue. The check engine light would flash, the truck would go into ‘limp mode’ which caused us to lose all power and in turn cause driveability issues. This could occur while going 20 MPH down a road or even down the freeway at 80 MPH, essentially leaving us at a near dead stop in the middle of whatever road/highway we were on. Clearly unsafe. We have had the truck in their shop for a total of 3 and a half weeks, they have never been able to figure out the actual problem with it, but have used my warranty to replace 2 parts, neither of which fixed the issue.

The last time we took our vehicle in we were basically told by John Wong in service, that there was nothing they could do for us because they ‘couldn’t duplicate the problem’, but they were unwilling to drive the truck in order for it to do so. He then told my husband that if it made him happy they would just continue to ‘throw parts at it, as long as our warranty company allowed it’.

Being totally frustrated and upset that we had to make yet another truck payment without having a safe, working vehicle, my husband took it to another GMC dealership. We had an answer and a fix to the issue within a day. A problem that AutoNation could have fixed had they made even a smidge of effort to actually take the time to listen to their customer, diagnose the problem, and allow their mechanics to do more than ‘Just throw parts at it’.

This morning 8/30/2022 my husband went back AGAIN in an effort to let them know the problem found a possibly get some sort of apology instead, when speaking to the Service Manager Mike he was told that ‘he didn’t know what he wanted from him’ and ‘we got at least 300 miles in between each time the light went on’ as if that was something we should feel lucky to have. He said would ‘throw us 2 free oil changes’ for all the past months of hassle. No apology, no explanation for the rude interactions we received from John, no explanation why we could never get a call back and we had to go to the dealership MANY times just to get an update on the status of repairs, just ‘a couple of oil changes’. WHY IN THE WORLD would I EVER take my vehicle back to them?

To be fully honest and completely fair, my husband did speak to the GM of the dealership, Nick, and he was very nice and apologetic, but again the only thing he had to offer was oil changes, except he included a loaner car from them while my oil change was being done. I refuse to have any work done by a service team that at this point I wouldn't trust to work on a Power Wheel.

This is second vehicle we have purchased from AutoNation and we would have continued to be customers had we been treated like people who had purchased a 50K vehicle, rather than treated like an annoyance and given the run around for months, even after knowing that I have small children and the vehicle wasn’t safe or reliable to drive. I hope that by submitting this review to AutoNation, General Motors Corporate and our Warranty company that it saves another customer time, frustration and money and gives them the motivation to go literally anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I recently purchased a 2019 Mercedes E53 AMG from this dealership. When my car was delivered from TX to FL, I noticed that the right rear-quarter panel was wrecked, and since the dealership never mentioned the car had been wrecked, I thought the damage happened during the transport. I called Mario (sales) to let him know about the damage, and he assured me that the damage must’ve been done during the transit, since the car had no such damage when it was at the dealership. I called the transportation company relative to the damage done, and was then provided pictures of the car during the pick up at Corpus Christi AutoNation.

With the dealership in the background, I saw the photos of the wrecked damage of the quarter-panel prior to the car being loaded on the truck. I have tried reaching out to Mario, the sales manager Speedy and the dealership, but I am being completely ignored. I am hoping someone finally reaches out to me so I can take this post down, but I’m not holding my breath considering how I’ve been ignored by everyone I’ve reached out to at this dealership.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My wife had an emergency room visit and AutoNation insurance has been jerking us around for almost 1 year. The hospital is going after us for the money. We have filed a complaint with the Attorney General of NY. Autonation is so big that they don't even care about their employees. I'll bet that Mike Jackson has a great insurance policy!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased all the warranties for my 2019 BMW. I took the car for a bubble in my tire a couple times, and when I brake the car shakes. I was told I would receive a loaner car and never did it happen. I had to rent a car and pay out of my pocket. They kept my car for a week and when I picked it up nothing was done on the car. My check engine light was on so I had to take it back and leave it again because they did not touch the car. Again when I picked it up still same shaking when I brake. I took it to a private mechanic and he said I had a gauge in my rotor.

I recently took it back to Henderson and the Manager Wyatt was rude and told me I caused the bubble, in addition there is no way the rotor had any indent or gauge. That it was impossible and laughed in my face. He said I had to pay for a scan if I wanted them to find the problem. I said, "You never fixed it in the first place. I am not paying." He said that they won't look at it otherwise. They tried to charge me for my check engine light on, yet it was not on???? He was rude and I ended up walking out with my bubble in my tire in 100 degree weather. He had no problem with me walking out. What kind of business is this. Talking down like I am stupid. I am very upset about this matter and am seeking an attorney.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I have been dealing with a GM David ** and the market president Travis **. I took my truck in for service due to a faulty fuel pump and was told it will take 3 to 4 months before my truck is ready. I then said, "Let me work on trading in my truck, I do not want to wait that long without my vehicle." I found a Toyota tundra. They brought it in. I told him I would be there around 6:30 at night which I was and told him I was either buying that or selling my truck outright. When I arrive the truck at scratches I needed work so I said, "Just buy my truck outright." I was told then that there was nobody else in the building except for finance manager what which he was not able to do them but that’s a different department.

I had asked why they weren’t still there since I had told him that’s what we were doing and we all agreed to it and they just said everybody had already left for the day. This is what I started doing with David and Travis and at this point, I looked for a few other trucks, found one that I really wanted, contacted the sales person. He said that it was in service at another dealership that it was still available and that he was putting on hold then to find out he did not put it on hold and the trucks sold within the hour. Then I started doing David ** found another truck that I was interested in and missed out on that deal as well because he didn’t answer his phone or his email. Then I started on Travis **. I found a new Corvette in Austin and it became available, he told me to contact the sales person, it was on hold. Once I contacted them, they said it just sold as well.

So they were the days only thing I had asked him to do, I had some damage on my bumper on my truck and ask them to go ahead and fix it and I would pay for it. David ** agreed to give me the bumper at 10% over cost which was employee pricing and he was going to paint it and also a little plastic fittings for the bumper he was just gonna go ahead and take care of.

Travis then contacted David and told him the deals off, do not do any business with me on this because I wasn’t gonna be happy because every time I try to buy a vehicle from them they did not go through. This is the worst company to ever buy a vehicle from, to do any kind of service with, they make all kind of promises that they cannot keep. Travis **'s feelings got hurt because I called him and said, "I don’t understand how you’re the market manager and you can’t even get a car put on hold" and she said, "You did." I have called their customer service and nobody has ever called me back.

Original review: April 18, 2022

AVOID CAMERON AND YEVGENI. I drove 3 hours to this dealership to buy a 2013 Lotus Evora S. The Salesperson, Cameron (AKA Cam), was very responsive during the sales process. He explained to me that the vehicle was in excellent condition with only 6,000 miles. He also explained how the vehicle passed a detailed inspection and that AutoNation would take care of any problems that come up in the next 3 months.

I drove the vehicle 3 hours home and noticed a "ticking" noise coming from the engine when idling at a stoplight. When I got the vehicle home, I noticed the airbag light illuminated on the dashboard. I called Cam and advised him of the noise and airbag light. The noise wasn't as big a concern as the airbag light. I was given the run-around by Cam who told me he would check with his manager, Yevgeni. After two days without a returned call, I tried to call Cam back and was immediately sent to his voicemail. I have made several calls and they all go to his voicemail. I have called the dealership 4 times but each time, they tell me someone will call... It's been over 7 days and nobody has called.

I took the vehicle to Lotus of Naples, as they are the closest dealership to me. Lotus confirmed the airbag error and suggested I fix the problem as it's a serious safety issue that could lead to a malfunction of the airbag system. I was forced to have the light reset as fixing the problem would cost more than my $264 diagnosis fee. I called AutoNation to seek guidance on this situation but was told the General Manager would need to resolve this issue and that he was unavailable. This place seems to lack a moral compass and appears only interested in making the sale. Avoid this place!!! I will update this review if something changes... Thanks- JE **

Original review: March 28, 2022

I bought a car from Autonation Ford Tustin in November. Everything with purchasing the car was great, but when it came time to contact someone about a problem, it was almost impossible to talk to an actual person and the limited times I was able to, they would tell me someone else I needed to call. It seemed like everyone working there wasn't on the same page because everyone would tell me something different about my problem. I left about 4 voicemails and I was only called back once. Once I was finally able to cancel the subscription I was trying to talk to someone about, I was charged again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I went to 4 different car dealers in San Antonio, TX and AutoNation gave me the best price, straightforward and quick process. Brandon ** took care of everything, great place. I definitely recommend them!!

AutoNation Company Information