AutoNation

AutoNation

3.6/5 (204 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About AutoNation

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoNation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I went to 4 different car dealers in San Antonio, TX and AutoNation gave me the best price, straightforward and quick process. Brandon ** took care of everything, great place. I definitely recommend them!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I bought a used truck from them. I was very happy with the purchase. They did a great job of detailing the vehicle, even though It was an older truck they had it looking and running awesome. It was within my budget and a great deal for what I was getting. I had one minor hiccup with the vehicle shortly after purchase and even though I bought the extended warranty it wasn't something that would not have been covered, but they took care of it and fixed it anyway. I was more than thrilled. Purchased at Val Vista and the 202 I highly recommend.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

They were kind. Courteous. Also, the salesman wasn’t pushy. We actually enjoy the experience there. They offered waters. There were some issues with the car that we were buying and they had no problem taking care of it. That’s what I call a good dealership. I would recommend them and go back.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I needed to sell my Cadillac CTS so I brought it in to have it appraised and ended up receiving an offer for it. The salesman (Leonard **) was very professional and made the entire process easy. It took about an hour or so to get everything done, and I walked out with a check in hand. The location I went to was the Autonation affiliated Jaguar Land Rover dealership in New Rochelle.

Original review: April 18, 2022

AVOID CAMERON AND YEVGENI. I drove 3 hours to this dealership to buy a 2013 Lotus Evora S. The Salesperson, Cameron (AKA Cam), was very responsive during the sales process. He explained to me that the vehicle was in excellent condition with only 6,000 miles. He also explained how the vehicle passed a detailed inspection and that AutoNation would take care of any problems that come up in the next 3 months.

I drove the vehicle 3 hours home and noticed a "ticking" noise coming from the engine when idling at a stoplight. When I got the vehicle home, I noticed the airbag light illuminated on the dashboard. I called Cam and advised him of the noise and airbag light. The noise wasn't as big a concern as the airbag light. I was given the run-around by Cam who told me he would check with his manager, Yevgeni. After two days without a returned call, I tried to call Cam back and was immediately sent to his voicemail. I have made several calls and they all go to his voicemail. I have called the dealership 4 times but each time, they tell me someone will call... It's been over 7 days and nobody has called.

I took the vehicle to Lotus of Naples, as they are the closest dealership to me. Lotus confirmed the airbag error and suggested I fix the problem as it's a serious safety issue that could lead to a malfunction of the airbag system. I was forced to have the light reset as fixing the problem would cost more than my $264 diagnosis fee. I called AutoNation to seek guidance on this situation but was told the General Manager would need to resolve this issue and that he was unavailable. This place seems to lack a moral compass and appears only interested in making the sale. Avoid this place!!! I will update this review if something changes... Thanks- JE **

Original review: March 28, 2022

I bought a car from Autonation Ford Tustin in November. Everything with purchasing the car was great, but when it came time to contact someone about a problem, it was almost impossible to talk to an actual person and the limited times I was able to, they would tell me someone else I needed to call. It seemed like everyone working there wasn't on the same page because everyone would tell me something different about my problem. I left about 4 voicemails and I was only called back once. Once I was finally able to cancel the subscription I was trying to talk to someone about, I was charged again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

They should really go out of business specifically Auto Nation Miami Lakes. I had to chase them for months to repair my car, that purchased from them. They are all liars from the service tech Ernesto to supervisors Alex and the general manager Armando **. I was first told my warranty covered the repair, then it did not. I was told the cost was $3000 which was also a lie because when I asked for the repair summary it was $285! It was a misunderstanding I was told, **! What a joke. They replaced the wrong part, the problem is still ongoing, because they can't find what is wrong with the car.

No one is held accountable for anything. They don't return your calls. Lousy work ethic and zero respect for the customers that keep them with a job. My biggest mistake was buying their warranty that only allows repairs with them and since my car is a Honda only Honda techs understand what the issues are so going to any other Auto Nation Dealer is pointless as well. Cause I tried that too. Never again will I do any kind of business with the place.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Autonation hides problems on used vehicles. I recently purchased a vehicle from Autonation MB of Reno, within the first week of having the car the steering column was not secured and can shift and up and down without moving the electronic switch. This was not seen by the used car mechanic during inspection, and this is a safety hazard as the vehicle can lose control without a properly working steering column. So far after dropping the car off, I was lied to about ordering a part to fix it, which they didn't do. I've called multiple times for an update on what's going on with it. No answer by the service writer. When I get a call back, they are telling me that the warranty that they put on the car for 90 days doesn't cover steering columns. I will be filing with Better Business Bureau and also leaving negative reviews on all platforms to insure other people don't buy from a store that won't stand behind a safety claim.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I was looking to purchase a new Velar and was going through some websites and found out AutoNation which has a positive review compared to others. I had looked at a few vehicles and submitted requests and no reply for 3-4 days then I got an email from dealers saying that no out-of-state sales and that's it no follow-up from any team after that. I tried to chat online and all the time they say "we transferred the request to the dealer" and that's it chat disconnected which was very rude. It happened 8-9 times in 2 day period, at this point I am not going to visit again, won't recommend it to my friends/family/colleagues.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

On Saturday November 6th I went to the automation Cadillac dealership in West Palm Beach Florida. I was looking for a Cadillac sedan. Upon entering the showroom I saw a perused 2018 sedan that I thought was interesting. The salesman was very informative and I expressed a very keen interest in purchasing the vehicle. I asked if I could test drive the car and was told because it was raining the car couldn’t leave the showroom. We made arrangements the next day to return at 1:00 to do the test drive-no rain that day.

As I was driving to the dealership the salesman called and told me the car was already sold. I asked why I wasn’t given the courtesy of at least making an offer after test driving the car. The manager said the customer had been in previously and came back to make the purchase. The salesman and the manager both knew I was returning that day and never even gave me a chance to test drive and make a purchase. I think very underhanded. I’ve purchased other vehicles from this dealership in the past so you would think there would be some common courtesy given to past customers. I still have a year and half left on my lease with AutoNation but I will never return and take my business to dealerships that appreciate and respect customer relationships.

AutoNation Company Information