2. Automotive

AutoNation

AutoNation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoNation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

It took longer than expected but I was able to get my shopping done. Very courteous. Mike ** was very kind. When I picked up my car I noticed a "tool" in my drink holder. I took it back in to them. I was called later stating it was a part for the new updated carrier thingy (I don't remember the professional term they used.) Mike offered to bring it to me since I couldn't find the time to go all the way back up there. That was super nice and above and beyond his services required. Thank you Mike. I was very happy with your service, you made the experience great.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

In 2016, I bought a 2013 Cadillac XTS Premium Luxury from AutoNation dealership in Corpus Christi, Tx. One week later, I heard a knocking noise like coming from the trunk area. I took it in & when the mechanic comes to tell me it was a truck hitch rolling in the trunk. I left thinking it was fixed. As soon as I left the lot, I heard it again every time I went over a bump. Needless to say, I had it a year & started looking for another one. I found a 2017 XTS in Houston, over 200 miles away. I bought it & a few weeks later, the same noise again.

It still had warranty, so I took it to AutoNation in Corpus Christi, Tx. After being checked, the service advisor (Mr. **) told me that the car had been in an accident & wouldn’t fix it because warranty wouldn’t cover it. To take the car where I bought it. I took it to Houston (200 miles away) & the service advisor came back with my car in about 20 minutes & told me that it was 3 loose screws on the back bumper. The Houston dealership showed me the carfax that it had never been in an accident.

I drove 400 miles round trip for 3 loose screws & 20 minutes of work. How cruel is that? AutoNation in Corpus Christi, Tx, you have some mean, heartless people working there. The mechanic, heartless **, & Gen. Mgr. who never replied to my emails, or return my calls. I have bought 5 vehicles there, but I will never buy from them again. They are full of deception & caca. I guess if I don’t buy from you, you will not honor the warranty. You have a nice scam going on. Someone upstairs is watching y’all. It’s not nice to cheat people out of their hard earn money. So the cheaters at AutoNation, you know who you are. AMEN.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Auto Nation has been the fastest and easiest to work with. When I bought my car I was given a lifetime powertrain warranty. Now you can’t go wrong with that. I get fast and courteous service. They have a theater room to watch movies while you wait with fresh popcorn. They come and get you when your car is ready. They don’t announce your name expecting you to hear them. That’s refreshing. And every time you take your car in they give you a free car wash.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Tamara ** of AutoNation Honda of Chandler was prompt and courteous. Polite and accurately resolved the issues. I bought my Toyota Sienna at a Honda Dealership and they took care of my vehicle like it a Honda. Thank you Tamara.

Mark

Gilbert, AZ

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Found a Mercedes C250 Coupe in-line at Autonation Mercedes Benz of Orlando that I was interested in, entered my trade in VIN number and had an offer prior to going to the store to test drive the car. I had previously taken my Trade in to Carmax so I could have a “base” for my trade in and AutoNation offered me $2000 more than Carmax. Upfront pricing, excellent Customer service, quality car. Their website is not the best but it works OK. I definitely prefer Carmax’s website when it comes to filtering down for a specific car with specific wants/needs.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Quick, efficient, and seamless transaction without the hoopla. Very accommodating staff. Easiest and most comfortable car deal I've made in the Tampa/Bradenton/Sarasota/Osprey area in the last 20 years.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Awful service. Dishonesty and rookies in sales can’t commit to a word. Joe acts like a manager but he’s a very far from management or human behaviors. Serafin is bad too, they have a terrible way in treating customers. Going to sign and pick up the car suddenly, "Oh we sold the car to another customer."

Original review: April 5, 2021

BAIT AND SWITCH. Dishonest. Misrepresentations. Credit Ruining. UPDATE 4.5.2021: Despite indisputable evidence proving otherwise, AN Inc. found no fault on their part & has offered & attempted no resolution. The lender Fifth Third Bank HAS apologized for their errors & has taken steps to repair my credit score. I have never experienced such an untrustworthy company, or a company so unwilling to apologize & correct their dishonesty, misrepresentations, and mistakes. My car purchase experience with them has negatively affected my financial options during a pandemic, permanently damaged my credit score, caused me to be unable to use the vehicle as I need to, & also deeply affected my personal well-being.

I am a single female in my early 30s. I purchased a new vehicle from AN in June 2020. This is my first car purchase & my primary vehicle - which is required to pull a small horse trailer. AN was deceitful, misleading, condescending, & ultimately unapologetic & unwilling to acknowledge their failures & make any amends. If you value honesty, integrity & respect from the companies you spend your money with, I suggest you take your business elsewhere. If you must do business with AN, I urge you to take an attorney, or someone knowledgeable with you to EVERY interaction with them.

1. AN misrepresented the availability of the manual addition of a tow hitch to close the deal. This was mandatory for my purchase, I would not have bought this car from AN without a trailer hitch, or the immediate availability to attach a trailer hitch. I mentioned this numerous times to them as being of utmost importance. AN's solution to the vehicle not coming with an attached trailer hitch was to include the addition of one in the purchase for immediate installation. After weeks trying to get an installation appointment for the hitch, & even bringing my car in for an appointment for the purpose of getting the hitch installed - AN finally admitted that they have been backordered on trailer hitches for months - & that it would be 2021 before they had a hitch available, so I am unable to pull my horse trailer!

2. They miscalculated the initial purchase numbers of the vehicle. This directly impacted the level of exhaustion of the deal going back &forth due to their errors, when I had already had the vehicle in my possession for over a week. Since this was my first large purchase my father was with me as an observer on the first day of this transaction. Did they purposely make mistakes so that I would need to return to the dealership alone & they could take advantage of my purchasing inexperience? I was required to make multiple, repeat, store visits to sign new electronic paperwork fixing errors that they had made & was shuffled to multiple employees despite making appointments with the finance team member I had been dealing with directly from the beginning. I ultimately signed the final paperwork on a tablet 9 days after taking the car home.

3. AN changed the agreed upon loan package on my final paperwork. AN agreed to use the loan I had obtained from Bank of America (BoA) and instructed them to use. AN was responsible for the paperwork & changed the Agreement by putting a relatively unknown bank (Fifth Third Bank "FTB") with a higher interest rate as the lender on my paperwork. When confronted with this dishonesty, AN refused to respond to me. When I escalated the matter to Eric **, the General Manager of ANCJA , he stated that it’s a “he said, she said” situation.

When I informed him that I had email documentation & could forward it to him, he requested I send it. I sent ** the requested documentation immediately & at this point had some hope this matter would be resolved fairly & swiftly. ** then refused to engage with me, when I reached him again he made numerous claims of what they “cannot do” and did not even apologize for their deceit. I do not believe that he was or is helpless and powerless to satisfy my requests or offer any solutions.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Made a deposit to purchase a vehicle from AutoNation ford St. Petersburg on March 16th. On the 18th advised the salesman that we could not purchase the vehicle & requested a refund which he said he'd take care of. As of this writing 8 days later, March 25th, no refund has been received. Spoke with the GM Bruce Heath today in person at the dealership who did nothing but make excuses. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP. THEY ARE CROOKS!!!!

Original review: March 23, 2021

DISGUSTED at how Auto Nation treats disabled female veterans and takes advantage of us all for profit. AutoNation Ford Valencia, CA sold me a lemon car that after 4 miles-multiple check engine lights appeared, in 8 months-I have had to risk my health by taking it in to be serviced 6 times!!! It has been in Autonation service centers for a total of 3 months and it is still there currently, all for the same problems it was sold to me with! Still not fixed!

The GM of that location said I would have to eat $3,500 and then they could take the car back. $3,500 for a car I have only been able to drive 10 times (mind you 6 of those times were to take it in to their service centers to get it fixed)?? How is that fair or good business? I even contacted Corporate and they treated me worse! That company should be ashamed. I wonder if CEO Mike Jackson and VP of Customer Experience feel about how their Corporate Offices won't even return phone calls or emails about an issue with unfair treatment?

AutoNation Company Information