Find a Car Dealerships partner

AutoNation

3.6/5 (241 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About AutoNation

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

AutoNation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoNation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autonation?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I provided the best info I could on the website to get a quote. (There was no place for explanations or qualifiers. Only absolutes.) Based on their "offer" I drove half an hour to the showroom in New Rochelle. Without placing car on lift, they came up with a long list of problems. This and that were wrong. The actual offer (for a car in good shape and absolutely drivable) was LESS THAN half the original offer. I left in disgust and just sold my car through Carvana for 33% more than AutoNation!

Original review: July 19, 2021

The Autonation location I took my vehicle for service was in Jacksonville Florida on Philips highway. The customer service representative was rude and acted as though she was doing me a favor by handling my service order. Completely lacking in any manners. I wasn’t even thanked for my business. Will never do business at this place again.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Avoid at all cost! We took our Honda Fit to the Autonation Honda dealership for some safety recalls, a tune-up (sparkplugs, wires, distributor & replacing the valve cover gaskets), break-job and to fix the AC which had stopped blowing cold and had to be partially replaced. For these services they charged $3200, but we were willing to pay a little more knowing it would be done with official Honda parts by the Honda experts. WRONG! In the week since we have had the car back, the AC blows cool not cold, the engine is miss-firing on a cylinder, either from the sparkplugs not being gapped properly or from the tech allowing debris to get into the valves when he had the cover off, and one of the rotors is making a grinding noise from a botched break-job. Took it back to the shop and they refuse to warranty their work!! Not only that, but it turns out they didn’t use Honda parts but charged Honda rates.

In fact, one part was backordered so they had a tech clean & oil the old part “really well” and charged us the price for the new part!! Plus that part that the tech cleaned up, is squeaking. The shop wants us to pay for these repairs again if we want the issues they caused addressed. We could not be more sick. We spent double what we would have paid elsewhere and the car is in worse shape for it. From using discount parts, to having techs refurb parts while charging for new, and then refusing to correct the mistakes of their mechanics…. This place is an absolute disaster and 100% dishonest!!!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I have dealt with CarMax for over 15 years and decided to give Auto Nation a chance.... WRONG... Absolutely horrible experience. Sales person and finance seemed to be on 2 separate pages.... The vehicle needed brake pads which they would NOT change until after we signed paperwork... Showed up to sign paperwork after communicating with salesman and finance for 3 days.... Waited over an hour.... Paperwork still not provided.... Well we left with NO vehicle.... Back to carmax I go.

Original review: July 7, 2021

After reviewing the website I received a call from a salesman. I eventually went to the dealership to make a deal. I needed to get out of my old truck and trade down to save some money. The only truck they showed me that really had the features and power that I needed is a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi. I bought it, probably paid too much, and began driving it. Now, less than 30 days after the purchase the tire inflation system is not working properly, the radio comes on and off at random times, the brake light is on (I waited three days for the brakes to be replaced before I could buy it). And, I have found that the driver side wheel well is broken up and parts of it are missing, and the front bumper has been replaced with a generic bumper that doesn't fit properly.

I purchased the extended warranty, against my will, and now have been told that I cannot cancel it for one year. I paid $3,000 for a 24 mo/24,000 mile warranty that covers almost nothing. I have contacted Dirk in finance (a dishonest and pushy man) and LaVonna (sales person). Both have assured me there is nothing they can do. "You bought the truck with whatever flaws it might have". I will never do business with Auto Nation and suggest no one else does either. They are crooks and don't care about their customers or doing what is right. These are deceptive trade practices, at the least.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Will mislead you about warranty and gap and then never let you cancel it. Won't answer phone, even management is useless, I have written, email and called, makes no difference. I would never recommend this dealership or go here again.

Original review: May 26, 2021

What an absolutely horrible experience and Mercedes Benz North Houston. I bought and paid for a car... Signed all the paperwork. I was to pick to the car up the next day as I was told a service technician had the car. I got a phone call from the salesman the next day stating they sold the car to someone else. I was trying to be patient so I made a 3:30 appointment that day to try and figure something out with the salesman.

When I got there he had someone else he was helping and had little to no concern about me or trying to figure out a solution. I asked for the manager ... He was nice... He found a few cars that I liked in the system ... then proceeded to write the stock numbers on a piece of paper and said the salesman would assist me with the cars... I waited in the lobby for 1 hour... Still no help as the salesman was still with the same client. Not to mention the 5 hours I wasted the day before. If you're not there to purchase a very expensive Mercedes they do not care about your business. My advice would be to avoid this dealership at all costs.

Original review: May 26, 2021

3 shops, 2 Tows, 18 phone calls and NO RESPONSE FROM AUTONATION DEALER CENTENNIAL COLORADO. We purchased a car in October 2020. Having numerous issues from windshield replacement to getting inflation kit for tires, Vehicle completely stalled on Freeway, I- 70. In the midst of a storm and Dealer would not cooperate, in turn We had to purchase AAA while being towed as it was a cheaper option for the money we had. Your Dealership added in 2 warranties and denied GAP stating we did not need it because Autonation price along with 1000.00 down, that it had enough equity in it so we would be wasting our money.

We had numerous issues with the car and had to ask the dealership to help, they then said we have a power train warranty, that we are paying for, $3348 referred to as Vehicle protection plan. As well as another warranty for $652.00 called Mopar Vehicle protection plan/Chrysler maintenance. So Here we are 6 months later, car was broke down for two of those months. The warranties were not covering anything from thermostat to hoses or alignments, the car's tires about blew up from an alignment problem, that resulted in a tow of 100 miles and was NOT covered under any of the plans. AAA helped us there!

After that last encounter I have called every week, I have sent Texts and spoke to Salesman, because they didn't have a secretary, you must ask to be transferred to Management just to leave an unanswered voicemail. OR..tell the sales person your problem and they would help. I have recorded phone calls, and texts that are still unanswered. I wanted to cancel the warranties, which we were told we could cancel anytime. Not true! Since November, I have had no response from Autonation. I know they go by mileage or time so I figured they were ignoring us for a reason since AUTONATION GETS PART OF THE MONEY FROM WARRANTIES SOLD TO CUSTOMERS.

Now we are entering a new problem. The car, is totalled from an accident. I CALLED ON 5-2-2021The day after the accident to get some answers. And to cancel warranties. I've still not heard back, 3 weeks later. The fact that I told the salesman that my son was buying his first car, 740 credit score. And that he was disabled, learning, reading disability, and blind in one eye... That we were looking for a safe vehicle/car with a back up camera and other safety features. Once they reeled him in, they got him to sign that contract in the time it took me to go to the Restroom. I questioned the high percentage rate that was to be negotiable in the sales office according to Jordan our salesman. The Manager name is Jacob **.

Besides them taking full advantage of my Son, all they said was you can refinance in a couple of months, by then it was late and we were the last ones there. 5 hours later. I have spoke with a salesman named Moose, one named Jordan, Kevin and Kayla. In trying to go above the dealership's head, They have more power than the Bank/Lienholder. The dealership is the only one that can cancel these warranties and they SIMPLY WILL NOT, HAVE NOT Done so.

The Finance company chosen is Called ALLY BANK, According to them they cannot do anything! They also did not oversee the insurance, As it happens, we did not have full coverage on this vehicle which I thought was mandated by Colorado or Lienholder. My insurances said they notified the Lienholder and says they overlooked it. Therefore we, my son and I have to pay this vehicle off even though it's totalled. When we could have AT LEAST HAD GAP INSURANCE, had they not been so hastily pushing my son to sign that ONE PAGE!

Oh and Autonation won't even pay the towing that was supposed to be included in one of the warranties! We are facing abandonment charges from the Colorado State Patrol for not picking up the smashed vehicle. This has been a nightmare. JUST TO BE CLEAR... This is Autonation Dodge Ram Arapahoe in CENTENNIAL COLORADO. I would hope that this company will make it right BUT I Probably will not get a response, so I will post this and have to go through The American Disability Act for Consumers as well as a Lawyer, the BBB And hopefully whoever reads this can accompany me. I'm pretty sure that the recall on this car, that I received today is what caused us to stall on I70, Ms. **.

• AutoNation headquarters address. 200 SW 1st Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301.
• Company website. www.autonation.com.
• 1-800 phone number. 954-769-6000.
• Support email address. customer.service@autonation.com.
• Better Business Bureau rating. A-

• Customer service hours. Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm EST.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I purchased what was sold to me as a "Lifetime Toyota Battery", as an authentic Toyota part, by AutoNation Service-Corpus Christi, Texas. It just failed, leaking acid out the top while I was 1700 miles from home. I took it to Toyota Roochester, MN. They let me know the battery was not a Certified Toyota part. Acid was leaking out the top. Hopefully no belts, wiring or hoses have been compromised. Luckily I had not been caught on a backroad trip, or the battery failure could have been deadly. AutoNation sells aftermarket, substandard engine parts as "Genuine Toyorta Parts" to unsuspecting customers like me. Steer clear of any AutoNation used vehicle, and I will never let AutoNation touch my Toyotas. I also won't buy new from them because of this...if I needed it fixed they might use aftermarket, non-Toyota parts.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Awful service. Dishonesty and rookies in sales can’t commit to a word. Joe acts like a manager but he’s a very far from management or human behaviors. Serafin is bad too, they have a terrible way in treating customers. Going to sign and pick up the car suddenly, "Oh we sold the car to another customer."

AutoNation Company Information