2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Autolist

Autolist aggregates vehicles from an array of websites and serves them all to consumers in one convenient location. As an aggregator, Autolist has a wide range of cars at varying prices, but their helpful Listimate feature will tell you if the price of a car is fair. Resources on the website are dedicated to helping consumers find the right vehicle at the right price. Mobile apps are available.

BOTTOM LINE

Autolist’s Listimate and other resources help consumers find the right vehicle at a fair price. Transparency and cheap vehicles are high points for this online car buying site.

PROS

• Listimate to show price fairness
  • Highly rated apps
  • Aggregates dozens of sites

CONS

• No financing options

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

What is Autolist?

Autolist is an online car buying site with thousands of listings. Costs range from a couple thousand dollars to tens of thousands for luxury vehicles. Autolist’s claim to fame is their Listimate feature, which lets users know if the listed vehicle price is fair.

Type of siteAggregator
    Types of carsNew and used
    AppsAndroid and iOS
    ResourcesCar reviews, vehicle history reports, affordability rankings

How does Autolist work?

Autolist functions as an aggregator by searching the major online car buying websites and gathering their listings in one place. Their search functions are typical for a car buying website and include make, model, price and location. The site also has a trending searches section on the main page to help guide you; for example, some of their subjects are “Sedans under $5,000” or “Fast Coupes under $15,000.” Autolist also shows the most popular models.

Autolist cost

Because Autolist is an aggregator that pulls from dozens of different websites, it’s difficult to give a specific idea of what to expect when it comes to cost. However, Autolist does have a wide variety of lower cost cars for those with a tight budget. It’s easy to search for cars under $10,000, $5,000, $3,000 or even under $1,000. At the same time, the website also includes many high-end and luxury vehicles.

Autolist has a unique price analysis feature that pulls in data on listings across the country. Users can view the mileage for a certain make, model and year and its corresponding price that helps Autolist determine an “Autolist fair price.” If you’re uncertain on what to pay, this can be a huge benefit to you. If you’re looking at a certain listing, you can compare how it is priced elsewhere.

Autolist features

Autolist has a wealth of features to guide users through the car-buying process. You can take advantage of each one to make the process as smooth as possible.

• Listimate: Autolist provides a Listimate that compares the price of a specific car to similar listings.
    • Days on market: See how many days the vehicle has been on the market and if this is shorter or longer than average.
    • Price history: See the overall change from the original price, plus how many times the price has dropped or increased.
    • Vehicle history: A CarFax report lets you know if the vehicle has been in any accidents.
    • Saved searches and favorites: If you sign up with Google, Facebook or email, you can create an account and save your previous searches. You can also add vehicles to your favorites list.
    • Autolist apps: Autolist has two accompanying apps for Android and iOS to help you shop for a vehicle on the go. On the apps you can browse millions of used cars using an extensive range of filters designed to help find the perfect car. You can request quotes, schedule a test drive and view the car’s history. Autolist’s Listimate feature is also available on the app, helping you know if you’re getting a fair price for your vehicle. As of this writing, the Android app has a 4.6/5 rating, and the iOS app has a 4.8/5 rating.
    • Resources: The Autolist.com site has dozens of resources for prospective customers to check out. You can read about the pros of buying a used car, which vehicle history report you should trust and whether leasing or buying a car is better. There are also reviews for several types of cars to help you make a decision. Other resources include news, industry studies and affordability rankings.
    • New car quote: Another unique feature of Autolist is their new car quote. You can compare quotes from several local dealers, helping you save money when buying a new car. One Autolist user put it this way: “Two dealers ended up fighting for my business. I saved $800.”

Is Autolist good?

Autolist is a good choice for buying a car online. It’s hard to find a website with a larger collection of vehicles. Plus, their additional resources and Listimate feature help consumers find a vehicle at a fair price. If you’re looking for a cheaper vehicle and want to make sure it’s priced appropriately, try using Autolist.

Autolist Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autolist?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autolist?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Cars on the site were really nice and good prices overall. It was a good experience for me but then again no complaints or anything. Buying was a nice thing to do and staff and all were really really nice to me and all the people that came to look at cars. I liked the options I had and all the different features that they had to offer as well as show me what they had and they also had things to do while I was there waiting. It was a nice gesture. However, the site did not have a lot of the color car I really wanted so I had to go with my second options and third one. They should have had a better and wider stock of cars that we could all look at and drive if we wanted.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Good to use a lot of times to check for good vehicle at reasonable price and low mileage too, so that one can be happy with the deal made at the time. Nice at any good price and mileage is low too to feel great and happy when driving around town and no damages or scratch at all. With all that say one should feel good to choose a such deal at all.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My experience has been very pleasant, it has been lovely. The way they work. It has a lot of quality and a great variety of many products. It has an excellent customer service. It has a great reputation during all these years in the market. They work very well, and have never had problems. With a good security.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Good for finding cars that are useful for me and my commuting. I like the quick and easy way to join the site and look for cars. The communication of the site is great, fast and efficient. It's a good site and resourceful for me and probably for others too. It was one of the first ones I came across so I definitely used it first and I enjoyed the experience I had with the site.

Autolist Company Information