Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Autolist gathers vehicle listings from an array of online car buying websites and presents them in one convenient location. As an aggregator, it can help you find a wide range of cars at varying prices, and its Listimate feature tells you if the price of a car is fair. Autolist was purchased by CarGurus in early 2020, but it still maintains a separate website and marketplace at the time of publishing.
Pros & Cons
- Aggregates dozens of sites
- Shows price fairness
- Highly rated apps
- No financing options
- No way to add your own listing
Autolist displays vehicle listings from dozens of sites based on your search criteria. Its collected listings, Listimate tool and other resources can help you find the right vehicle at a fair price.
What is Autolist?
Autolist is an online car buying site that aggregates thousands of listings from other websites. It has listings for both new and used cars, but new cars are much less common. Autolist stands apart from some other car buying sites thanks to its Listimate feature, which lets you know if the listed vehicle price is fair based on real-time comparisons.
Autolist was purchased by competitor car buying site CarGurus in January 2020. A press release at the time stated that Autolist would continue to be an independently operated stand-alone brand.
How does Autolist work?
Autolist searches other online car buying websites and gathers their listings in one place. Its search functions are typical for a car buying website and include make, model, price and location filters.
The site also has a trending searches section on the main page to help guide you. Subjects might include “Sedans under $5,000” or “Fast Coupes under $15,000.”
Autolist is free to use, and it’s difficult to pinpoint an average vehicle price on the site because it pulls from dozens of different sources. Autolist has a wide variety of affordable cars if you’re on a tight budget, and its filters let you set a maximum price as low as $1,000. On the other hand, Autolist also includes many high-end vehicles.
Autolist also has a unique price analysis feature that pulls in data from listings across the country so you can view the average mileage and price for a certain make, model and year. If you’re uncertain about pricing or you’re looking at a certain listing, seeing how similar vehicles are priced elsewhere can be a huge benefit.
Autolist has a number of features to guide you through the car buying process:
- Helpful listing information: Autolist provides impactful information to help you make sure a vehicle is right for you, including CARFAX vehicle history reports, how many days a vehicle has been on the market (and if this is shorter or longer than average) and price histories showing the original price (and how many times it has dropped or increased). Autolist also provides “Listimates,” estimates that compare the price of a specific car to similar listings.
- Saved searches and favorites: If you sign up for an account, you can save your previous searches, add vehicles to your favorites list and keep an eye on individual vehicles in case the seller drops the price.
- Autolist apps: Autolist has apps for Android and iOS devices to help you shop for a vehicle on the go. App users can browse listings using an extensive range of filters designed to help find the perfect car. You can request quotes, schedule a test drive and view the car’s history. Autolist’s Listimate feature is also available on the app, helping you know if you’re getting a fair price for your vehicle. As of publishing, the Android app has a 4.3/5.0 rating on the Google Play Store, and the iOS app has a 4.8/5.0 rating on the Apple App Store.
- Resources: Autolist’s website has dozens of resources for prospective customers to check out. You can read about the pros of buying a used car, which vehicle history report you should trust and whether leasing or buying a car is better. There are also reviews for several types of cars to help you make a purchasing decision. Other resources include news, industry studies and affordability rankings.
What is Autolist’s Listimate?
Autolist’s Listimate tool compares the price of your car to similar listings across the market in real time to give you a smart estimate on what an individual vehicle is worth.
Does Autolist have an app?
Yes, Autolist has apps available for both Android and Apple devices.
What websites does Autolist aggregate?
Autolist doesn’t specify which websites it aggregates, but when you perform a search, it will allow you to check availability and see the seller’s info.
Does Autolist offer used vehicles?
Autolist primarily provides listings for used vehicles, but it’s worth clarifying that Autolist itself doesn't sell vehicles. It just acts as a search engine for you to find listings that best suit your needs.
How does Autolist make money?
Since Autolist is an aggregator, it doesn’t sell cars. Instead, most aggregators make money through ads and commissions paid per click or per acquisition.
Is Autolist legit?
If you’re shopping for a vehicle, Autolist is a legitimate way to find listings in your area. It can help save you time by compiling listings from a number of websites and apps. These listings have most of the information you would want, including price history, CARFAX connectivity and price comparisons. Its website and apps are intuitive, and its Listimate feature allows you to compare real-time market prices. Autolist also offers a variety of articles and resources to help make car shopping easier. Overall, Autolist is worth a try if you’re in the market for a car.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,241,839 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Cars on the site were really nice and good prices overall. It was a good experience for me but then again no complaints or anything. Buying was a nice thing to do and staff and all were really really nice to me and all the people that came to look at cars. I liked the options I had and all the different features that they had to offer as well as show me what they had and they also had things to do while I was there waiting. It was a nice gesture. However, the site did not have a lot of the color car I really wanted so I had to go with my second options and third one. They should have had a better and wider stock of cars that we could all look at and drive if we wanted.
Good to use a lot of times to check for good vehicle at reasonable price and low mileage too, so that one can be happy with the deal made at the time. Nice at any good price and mileage is low too to feel great and happy when driving around town and no damages or scratch at all. With all that say one should feel good to choose a such deal at all.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
My experience has been very pleasant, it has been lovely. The way they work. It has a lot of quality and a great variety of many products. It has an excellent customer service. It has a great reputation during all these years in the market. They work very well, and have never had problems. With a good security.
Good for finding cars that are useful for me and my commuting. I like the quick and easy way to join the site and look for cars. The communication of the site is great, fast and efficient. It's a good site and resourceful for me and probably for others too. It was one of the first ones I came across so I definitely used it first and I enjoyed the experience I had with the site.
Autolist Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.