Best Car Shipping in Kansas City
Whether you’re moving across the country or the state, auto transport companies in Kansas City help you save time and money while reducing headaches. When looking for a car shipping business, choose one with an excellent reputation that offers additional insurance and guarantees.
Top 13 Best Kansas City Auto Transporters
|eShip||Read 2353 Reviews|
Licensed, insured and bonded door-to-door auto transport and moving carrier. Each transport includes eShip platinum protection plan. $0 upfront deposit. Expedited or Enclosed transport also available upon request.
|toll freenumber(844) 505-3853 Visit Website|
|Sherpa Auto Transport||Read 674 Reviews|
Door-to-door auto transporter dedicated to offering a stress-free experience by providing excellent customer service and professional communication. Their quotes are based on real-time data and backed by a Price Lock Promise.
|toll freenumber(844) 781-3171 Visit Website|
|AmeriFreight||Read 2466 Reviews|
Door-to-door auto shipping that includes 48-hour after-delivery protection plan. Senior citizens, students and members of emergency and protection services receive discounts.
uShip is a worldwide marketplace for shipping goods. From commercial freight shipments to household goods, uShip allows consumers to name their own prices or to receive bids from over 225,000 transportation service providers.
Car shipping company that offers truckaway service, expedited service and standard vehicle delivery with door-to-door service. Open and enclosed carriers available. Online vehicle tracking offered. Instant quotes available online.
|AMPM Kansas City Auto Transport||Read Expert Review|
Offers a variety of shipping options, including luxury car shipping, auction auto transport, commercial transportation and more. Provides free door-to-door auto shipping in all 50 states and free cargo up to 100 lbs.
|Centurion Moving & Storage||Read Expert Review|
Operates as a locally and veteran-owned company in Kansas City. Offers open, enclosed, and door-to-door vehicle transportation services for vans, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles and more.
|F & S Moving||Read Expert Review|
Offers localized services and expertise. Promises 12-hour response times for quotes. Ships SUVs, cars and government vehicles for commercial or residential clients. Provides moving and packing services.
|Kansas City Auto Shipping Group||Read Expert Review|
Allows customers to purchase services via Paypal, where they can pay on credit, with no interest if paid within 6 months. Carries a minimum $100,000 insurance policy. Offers door-to-door auto transportation in Kansas City.
|Midwest Exotic Transport||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in luxury car transportation service in Kansas City. Requires carriers to maintain at least $1 million in insurance. Ships vehicles door to door unless impossible. Delivers vehicles in enclosed carriers.
|Nations Auto Transport||Read Expert Review|
Offers a 15% discount for military members who are being moved due to a transfer. Provides contingent liability insurance in addition to companies’ provided insurance policies, and free quotes on transportation.
|Team Drive-Away||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in moving commercial vehicles and trucks, including busses and ambulances. Provides three levels of excellent insurance to ensure the maximum level of safety for your vehicle and wallet.
|Total Care Trans||Read Expert Review|
Allows free cancellation within 24 hours, as long as services are rescheduled. Offers local, national, and international auto moves for luxury cars, standard vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs and boats.
Due to its highly affordable cost of living — especially in suburbs like Overland Park and Waldo — more millennials and professionals are moving into Kansas City every single year. And with its 20+ colleges and universities like Rockhurst, UMKC and Avila, students are also coming to the area in droves and ultimately staying post-graduation.
Although Kansas City is starting to invest in public transportation like the new streetcar system, it’s not as developed as other metro areas — meaning nearly every resident needs a vehicle when living in KC. Auto transport in Kansas City, Missouri, is an affordable option for people who are moving to (and from) the area.
Choosing a car transport company in Kansas City
Before getting estimates from multiple companies, outline the exact specifications you want for your car transportation services, including the type of carrier, if you have a specific pick-up and drop-off time, and if you want additional insurance protection. Some companies may not offer additional insurance or guarantees, or drop-off services — things that may interest you. The estimate should itemize precisely what the cost of transportation covers.
Be wary of Kansas auto transport companies that ask for upfront payment. Paying after you receive the car is the best way to make sure that your car gets to your destination safely.
From there, compare estimates from multiple Kansas car shipping companies. A good general rule is to go with someone who offers an estimate in the middle of your price range. Having the lowest rate can sometimes be indicative of lesser service. To ensure its legitimacy and service, ask for proof of federal insurance, required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and the company’s six-digit Motor Carrier Number, which should be openly displayed on its website.
Car shipping cost in Kansas City
Our chart below demonstrates the average costs for shipping a running, midsize sedan using an open carrier to-and-from Kansas City, Missouri, and the nearest popular destination. The numbers also reflect booking 45 days in advance, which is typically the best time to arrange for car transport in Missouri. Overall, anticipate spending somewhere between $511 - $833 for car transportation in Kansas City.
Estimated auto transport price to/from Kansas City
Most car transport companies in Kansas City specialize in truck transportation because it is more affordable and easier to use. With truck transportation, you must choose between an open trailer or an enclosed trailer. An open trailer is the cheaper auto transportation option because it has less protection and is typically shipped with other cars. Closed auto transportation offers more security at a higher cost.
In addition to the trailer choice, there are a few other factors that impact the cost to ship a vehicle, including:
- Where you’re shipping to: Shipping between bigger cities may be more affordable than to small towns/longer distances. If a student is traveling to Lawrence to go to the University of Kansas, it may be more affordable to ship their vehicle to Kansas City and drive to and from.
- How big your vehicle is: Larger vehicles are more expensive to ship than smaller, compact vehicles.
- If the car is functional: If your car isn't running, it is harder for the transportation company to maneuver your vehicle into the truck.
- What time of year you’re shipping: Higher demand equals higher price, meaning summer (when students are moving into the area) is more expensive and winter is typically cheaper.
If you have a specialty vehicle that deserves more protection, you can pay for added insurance to ensure it arrives fully intact.
Kansas City auto transport FAQs
- How do I ship my classic car safely from Kansas City?
- Companies typically offer specific classic car transport in Kansas City to help protect your luxury vehicles and exotic cars, including an enclosed trailer and extra insurance. For the best protection, look for a company that specializes in exotic car transport.
- Can you ship a car to another country from Kansas City?
- You can use Kansas City car transport companies to ship a car to another country, but it is very expensive. Most of the companies we recommend offer international shipping from Kansas City.
- How far in advance should I schedule my car shipping from Kansas City?
- We recommend getting estimates from shipping companies in Kansas City 45 days in advance. This gives you the ability to be more specific in pick up and drop off and is the sweet spot for cost.
- What do I do if my vehicle is damaged in transit from Kansas City?
- If your vehicle is damaged and the Kansas auto transport or Missouri auto transport companies will not pay for damages, you can file a complaint with the FMCSA.
- Do I have to be present for delivery?
- Many companies require you to be present for car delivery, but even if they don’t require it, we recommend it so that you can check your vehicle for damages.
- How do I ship a boat from Kansas City?
- There are car shipping services in Kansas and Missouri that offer boat shipping, but you need to double check before you assume this service is available. Not all of the companies we recommend offer boat shipping.
Kansas City auto transport company information
Nations Auto Transport is an auto transport broker that focuses highly on the quality of its partner companies by only offering fully licensed and insured transportation providers. In addition to the companies’ insurance, Nations Auto Transport also offers its own liability insurance to secure the highest level of safety during transit. The company offers nationwide car shipping services with both open and closed trailers.
- Website: shipnat.com
- Address: 12032 E. 46 Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64133
- Phone: (877) 331-3100
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
Kansas City Auto Shipping Group is part of a large, nationwide group of auto transportation brokers — meaning its services are backed by years of experience and expertise all across the nation. All of its trucks carry a minimum $100,000 insurance policy and customers have the ability to add more coverage if they wish. Kansas City Auto Shipping Group also solely offers door-to-door auto transportation, rather than risky terminal drop-offs.
- Website: autoshippinggroup.com/location/auto-shipping-kansas-city
- Address: 1712 Main St., 4th Fl., Kansas City, MO 64108
- Phone: (913) 276 - 4166
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 11pm
AMPM is a leader in the auto transport industry, offering reliable and licensed broker and carrier services in all 50 states. AMPM only hires drivers with at least three years of experience and all services include free door-to-door transportation. To make your move even more stress free, AMPM also allows customers to ship an additional 100 lbs worth of goods with your car for free.
- Website: ampmautotransport.com/kansas-city-car-transport
- Address: 3150 Fiberglass Rd., Kansas City, KS 66115
- Phone: (913) 608-8088
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 11am - 12pm
Team Drive-Away is a truck delivery company specializing in moving commercial vehicles and trucks. Team Drive-Away provides three levels of insurance to ensure the maximum level of safety for your vehicle and wallet: $1.5 million in Cargo, $5 million in liability, and all of its drivers are covered by Occupational Hazard Insurance. Its team goes through some of the strictest safety tests and standards.
- Website: teamdriveaway.com
- Address: 401 W. Frontier Lane, Ste. 100, Olathe, KS 66061
- Phone: (913) 825-4776
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
F & S Moving is a local moving company that offers a wide variety of moving services and vehicle transportation in the Kansas City area. Since 1964, its team leads the area in safe and reliable moves to-and-from Kansas City. With a promised 12-hour response time, customers can have estimates and answers quicker than with other companies, and get to moving faster and more efficiently.
- Website: frankandsonmoving.com/vehicle-transport.php
- Address: 4232 NE Tremont Court, Lee's Summit, MO 64064
- Phone: (816) 229 - 9436
- Hours: 24/7
As a full-service auto broker, Total Care Trans helps customers find better, more affordable auto transportation services easily and quickly. It offers local, national and international auto moves for luxury cars, standard vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and more. Unlike other companies, Total Care Trans only requires a deposit after scheduling transportation — not before starting the planning period. And if plans change, Total Care Trans allows customers to cancel within 24 hours for free, as long as they reschedule at another time.
- Website: totalcaretrans.com
- Address: 12621 Wedd St., Overland Park, KS 66213
- Phone: (816) 326 - 7290
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 8pm
Some companies offer exotic car transportation as an added service. Midwest Exotic Transport specializes in it — meaning your valuable car is in the hands of experienced, knowledgeable experts. Every one of its carriers is required to maintain $1 million in insurance and a $250,000 cargo policy. Its brokerage services are transparent, honest, and up-front, connecting customers directly to the carriers to reduce the middle-man costs and headache.
- Website: midwestexotictransport.com
- Address: 10332 Goddard St., Ste. 141, Overland Park, KS 66214
- Phone: (913) 215 - 3113
- Hours: 24/7
Centurion is a locally and veteran-owned moving company in Kansas City, offering vehicle transportation services locally and nationally. And as a Certified Genuine Atlas Moving Company, Centurion’s transport services are backed by years of experience and expertise. Centurion offers open, enclosed, and door-to-door vehicle transportation services for vans, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles, and more.
- Website: centurionmoving.com
- Address: 75 Design Drive, Kansas City, MO 64116
- Phone: (816) 281 - 3499
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm